Speaker 1: Hi, guys, this is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spin off show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of vander Pump Rules. Hi guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and.
Speaker 2: And Emily Simpson. Thanks for joining us. I'm hooked on the Valley. I'm just going to say it. You know, I am too, and I don't. I don't you know, I don't watch reality TV, but I do like the Valley. I do. It's very I like that it's couples. I think that was smart, and I like that every couple is unique and different. It adds a lot of layers and dynamics to the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. And on that note, we have to make an announcement. We threw in the towel on vander Pumphilla. We're not doing it enough. Tae arm Sean would say, we're not.
Speaker 2: We can't. We cannot recap it. No, we can.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I cannot even continue watching it even I have my boundaries when it comes to making money, and she doesn't have a lot of boundaries. So if we put one out there, that's it, and that's no shade to Lisa vander Pump. It's just not like the Valley and Vanner Pump rules.
Speaker 2: We're good. Okay.
Speaker 1: This episode starts with the girls taking a trip to Malibu. Can we talk a little bit about leading up to maled Boo, the tension between Brittany and Jack's and how he keeps bringing up her drinking habits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know when they showed those flashbacks where he consistently makes the rude comments to her. You know, I don't know how much is editing because I know, like the first couple of seasons with Shane, they did a really good job of only showing him being a dick, even though he can be a dick, but he also has another side. So I don't know if Jackson is just always on her case all the time or if they're just only showing him being on her case all the time, because I just I mean, knowing that they're separated now, you know, But.
Speaker 1: Also like yes, sober coach Jack's commenting on somebody else's substance intake, It's like, yeah, tell me more, really, I yeah.
Speaker 2: And I feel like he puts an emphasis on, like, well, she's a mom, but it's like, but you're a dad, so like a mom is supposed to act a certain way, but a dad doesn't have to. And it's fine for a dad to drink in the pool and eat Hamburgers with flies all over it, but it's not okay. But Brittany will take care of him. That's what he said. She'll take care of him.
Speaker 1: So but like they even the flashback to I guess the last time Brittany came home like hungover, and you can tell she's like walking outside. I think she's like about to get in the pool or something, and just his face is like one of pure.
Speaker 2: Repulse, like yeah, yeah, I know. It's like he's like disgusted.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I'm not going to pretend that I would assume Shane is probably the same way, Like if there's going to be a I mean, Shane doesn't drink at all.
Speaker 2: Edwin doesn't drink very often.
Speaker 1: So if I am overserved, there are times where I don't think Edwin's looking at me with like the most loving eyes unless he's about to get to have to have sex. Then he's excited and he's fine with me being overserved. But there are times where he's like, come on, like it's enough. Yeah, he's not also acting the same way I'm acting, right, But.
Speaker 2: Does he look at you with disgust? No, but he'll be like it's time to go. Yeah, Shane's like that too. I mean, Shane's like the voice of reason when I have too much tequila, you know, like time to go home, time for you to go to bed, time to take a nappy, time for shut up.
Speaker 1: But something else Edwin likes to do when I drink too much is the next day, he likes to recap all the things.
Speaker 2: Does he take video because Shane's took the last time I got really sick on tequila and I threw up, he took videos of it.
Speaker 1: No, thank god, he's not done.
Speaker 2: But now I had to have the car all over to the side of the road and I threw up on the side of the road, and he got out of the car and just videotape the entire thing.
Speaker 1: But did you put it in a bag and then bring it home and leave it in your driveway like Brettany did. No.
Speaker 2: I just puked in the street and it just you know, ran down into a gutter. Can I have.
Speaker 1: Shane's number so I can get the video. Absolutely not, no, I don't. Will just be like all I already wake up with anxiety whenever the next day is like, no matter. I'm not a thrower upper. I don't tend to be one that throws up. Unfortunately, it would probably help my case if I did. But he'll be like, I'll wake up and be like, I have anxiety. Everything was fine last night, right, And he'll be like, well you did say or maybe you hurt so and so was feelings And I'm like, no, just say it was fine, because then I have to like go do recon and like check in with everybody, and everybody else is like you were fine, and I'm like, why did you make me worry?
Speaker 2: But he never throws your mother in my face. But I also not doing it with my children. Yeah, I think that's crossing a line. Well, you're a mother, like a mother has a certain way they're supposed to behave. Yeah, I mean mean moms, we do need a night out every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Edwin did say you're a mother type comment to me, not about drinking. But Dove's about to join a new preschool and they have this and it's like for pre K. So she's leaving preschool going into pre k and they have their like tuition schedule, and then it says like, if you're willing to do this many hours of the baked sale or this money have to pay, right right. So Edwin on a group text with our accountant guy that like pays our stuff, is like, well, that's up to Teddy, And I was like, Haha, you're funny, Like you're just as capable to host the bake sale as I. So, no, that's really on YouTube, buddy, Like, don't like that's on Teddy me.
Speaker 2: Right, you mean like that's not only a mom job, Like that is a mom and dad job.
Speaker 1: We both have busy job. We both have multiple jobs. We both are always working and traveling. Like, no, don't just put that's on Teddy.
Speaker 2: No, that's on us. I just five hours. I don't. I just know. I just write the check. Also, I'm like, I can't think of anything worse than doing that many hours trying to sell candy like or whatever it may be. I was like, listen, I'm excited for her to go to the school, but at the end of the day, it's cheaper just to pay it. Yeah, and other moms that are probably going to be more liked to sell it. Yeah, no, I know, haven't they heard about you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And plus the moms that put like their kids like girls Scout cookies for sale on their Instagram.
Speaker 2: They get eaten a live like you have all the money in the world.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you just pay for the blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Like I forgot who did it.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was like Hillary Duff or Jennaa Wann or like one of those really likable people did one of those things on their kids. And I just saw the comments of everyone like that's rich coming from you, and it's like, you want us to go door to door selling these candies.
Speaker 2: Okay, get back to the recap mine. This just happened today. It's fresh for me. Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Kristin thinks she may be pregnant. Michelle doesn't want Kristin to be pregnant because they don't Michelle's quote they don't need more of her around.
Speaker 2: That was so shady. I was like, but yeah, they need a lot more jesses, right. I was like, Okay, that was rude, Like you should never reproduce. Also, do you agree that Kristin is an impath? You know, I don't feel like I know kris And well enough to say if she's an impath or not. I mean, they did the whole flashback glage of her being I don't know, crazy or fighting or arguing or whatever. But I love everyone's reaction at the table to her saying she's an EmPATH. Clearly no one's sitting at that table agreed with her, but no one said anything. I was waiting for someone to call her out, but nobody said anything. No, everybody was just like Yeah. It was just like all the strange looks and eye rolling, and I was like, is anyone going to say anything? Okay?
Speaker 1: But I also think there's a difference between being an EmPATH and somebody that can read the energy of when somebody's upset at them. Like I think maybe what she means is she at that moment, probably particularly because I think half of them more upset with her. Yeah, she could feel that energy and it makes her nervous.
Speaker 2: So being nervous makes her an EmPATH.
Speaker 1: Well, knowing that people are mad.
Speaker 2: At you being in an awkward situation at a table made her an EmPATH. But I was there are some people. I'm sure there's people that you film with that shouldn't feel awkward in a moment and don't know.
Speaker 1: To feel awkward, probably right, Like there are some people that are just sit right down like everything's great, and really it's not so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could think of a few, Yeah, maybe one. Yeah, I was thinking the same. But then Nia. I really felt for Nia this episode. Yeah, absolutely, I mean you could tell that she's in a very difficult space. Did you ever have postpartum depression?
Speaker 1: I had postpartum anxiety, and which can led to like some depression, but like kind of even the way that Shina talks about the planning and that kind of thing, I would obsess about what my days would be when I had two little kids, and like how we were going to fill the days, and if I didn't know how I was going to fill the day, like I would says to the point where I'm like, you don't need to go to forty five things with your kids every day, like just be And I was really struggling just being, yeah, and it made other people around me crazy because I couldn't just be.
Speaker 2: And then but I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I was very emotional in front of other people, and I probably should have been, because then maybe I could have.
Speaker 2: Gotten help quicker for it. Yeah. Well, then I guess you would say it's good that she's talking about it and opening up. She's talking to her friends about it, she's talking to her husband about it, and he seems very empathetic.
Speaker 1: Like I.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed the interaction between the two of them, because even though Shane is a great husband, I wouldn't say that he would like wipe tears from my face, you know, right. He doesn't have that kind of softness to him. I feel like he would listen and then he'd be like, well, I hope that works out for you, and then you would walk away. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think Danny realized real quick when he was like Danny thought he was having a being funny mon. He's like, what no dinner on the.
Speaker 2: Table for the husband? And then MEA's like and He's like, shit, Okay, this is not the time for jokes, right.
Speaker 1: And sometimes when you are feeling that way, it's not the time for jokes, especially from your husband.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, but.
Speaker 1: I don't remember a time where we've really seen somebody on one of these shows kind of show it in such a raw way.
Speaker 2: And can we also talk about how pretty she looks while it's like, while she has, you know, this depression and she has this postpartum issue and she has three small children, and her condo looks ramped, and yet she's like glowing and beautiful. I know, and damn.
Speaker 1: Her, damn her, but also like the amount of pressure that she's probably putting on herself to be perfect and clearly, I mean, as great of a husband Danny is. Every single time Nia is away from Danny, he needs her back, and he needs her back asap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so let's talk about that. So when he was texting and what did the air conditioning have to do with it? Just because it was hot? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess the guys are all at the barbecue. They find out Danny can't come because as Ac went out.
Speaker 2: But why would if you're acy is out, why wouldn't you want to leave? Why would you want to stay there? Well, I'm guessing this is just a complete guess. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: My guess is that he didn't have childcare at that point in time, and I would imagine it would be quite difficult for him to leave the house with three with the twins so I think are two months old and and a child under two to go hang out at Jackson's house.
Speaker 2: I get that. I guess maybe that would have been the excuse as opposed to my air conditioning doesn't work. I thought maybe he was waiting on like a repair man or something to fix the air conditioning. And the air conditioning continues not to work because then he reaches out to her while she's in Malibu having a girl's night, and then he asked her to come home. And did she leave in the middle of the night, Like how late was it? That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Want to know she left before they all appeared to get pretty hammered and do the.
Speaker 2: Dancing like dark out right, like they all have pajamas on. I know.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the plan was always for her to leave before bedtime, like before they went to sleep, and just let the other girls sleep there. But clearly, I mean, none of them really wanted to sleep there that bad. Like Kristen got up at six am. She had left so quickly she left her wallet, her phone, on all her belongings. I was like, is she on the run?
Speaker 2: Okay? So the guys are having a barbecue at Jack's and Britney's while Brittany is away. Jesse says that the couple's therapy is a disaster. I mean, I love his honesty, right, Yeah, Like he doesn't even try to sugarcoat it or anything, like we're working on things, like we're going to work through it, and he's like, it's a disaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, it's an absolute disaster. Then he shares that Michelle applied for an apartment a year ago and told Jesse she was leaving.
Speaker 2: My question is, why why did she not leave? Do you think I mean to go through those steps of actually finding an apartment, building out the application, and then not leaving.
Speaker 1: I mean it could be there's this new show The Valley that oh.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. She's like, oh, okay, one shot, one last ditch effort, all right.
Speaker 1: But I can say, being a realtor or not a realtor, if I were to spend multiple days with another man that was straight at the Chateau more, a.
Speaker 2: Famous wealthy man, a.
Speaker 1: Famous wealthy man that they were like every time they said his name, which we've narrowed down from Twitter, that it's either Quinn Tarantino or Michael Bay. I wonder if they're gonna rely or it could be neither of those people. But I've seen Quentin Tarantino out a lot, but it's never at Chateau Marmont. I see him at the Peninsula. So that made me question, maybe it is Michael Bay because I don't really go to Chateau Marmont, so who knows.
Speaker 2: I feel like like now we have to stalk Chateau Marmont.
Speaker 1: Now we have so many places we need to be all the time, between Jackx's.
Speaker 2: And the Sandwich Place and Yeah Schwartz and Sandy's.
Speaker 1: I mean like the fact that we never want it's a full day and night outing. We need an adventure. We should do a road trip podcast. Oh my gosh, going to all the places. Yes live the problem those closed, Sandwich live from Jacks Hammered at his self named bar, Yes live from where they now serve brunch at Tom Tom Live from Chateau Marmont.
Speaker 2: We have no idea who we're looking for, but we are here.
Speaker 1: We are here by the looking for a rich director that's friends with an A list actor.
Speaker 2: We have a photo of Michelle we're showing everyone do you know this woman? Do you know this woman? Do you know this woman? Do you know this woman? Oh?
Speaker 1: It's just so good. But then we're back to Malibu. They're doing a good job of switching back and forth. I'm really wondering, is this actually even the same day. But if it's not, like I'm believing it.
Speaker 2: I'm buying it.
Speaker 1: But Michelle and Brittany are having a heart heart I'm like, this hard to heart, is not. It's hard to ask for marital advice in this group. I would say, maybe ask Nia.
Speaker 2: Me and I know, especially like you know, when Brittany's giving marital advice and you know they're not together anymore, it's hard to take it seriously. But I feel badly for her when she opens up about like not having sex for six weeks. But then I think it came out that it's way more than six weeks. I think that then they it was maybe like a year. I could get this wrong, but I feel like it made like later in the press it came out in this episode. Yeah, like I think they were fudging the truth at touch with this. Just say six weeks that sounds good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean later we'll talk about their actual conversation when they get into sexy time. But Michelle says she started to feel the same way she did a year ago when she almost left Jesse, and she feels like it would be happier and healthier for her daughter to see them just co parenting, well together, verse together and unhappy. That I do agree with if you're absolutely fighting, But I not that I would feel any differently if I was married to Jesse. But I don't feel like the way she's spoken, she ever was in love with Jesse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I don't feel like there's a lot of emotion into it. And I feel like if you were actually in love with this person at one point and now you have lost that love and closeness, that you would be more upset by it. She doesn't seem to have a lot of emotions about it. It seems very pragmatic when she talks about it. But it kind of was just going to leave him a year ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like robotic, But it kind of feels like that with every conversation she's had, Like no wonder Jesse was turned on when she got mad and threw the chair down dinner because she showed an emotion.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, so yeah, maybe she is just very on a tone and robotic through life. So I don't know. Yeah, I don't really know either.
Speaker 1: But then we zip right back to the barbecue, this little pep talk between the two really functional marriages, and the guys are still talking about Jesse and Michelle's relationship. He says Michelle consistently hangs out with the director she met at chateaum Rmont. Jesse said, Jesse not being bothered by it was also.
Speaker 2: I find that weird Shane would be bothered by it. I mean even Jack's admits he would be bothered by it. Yeah, like I feel like being bothered by that is reasonable if you're hanging out with a wealthy director in the Hollywood wood who is a straight man, like your husband should be bothered by that. And also when you.
Speaker 1: Use the realtor comment, like, wouldn't they not be hanging out at chateaum Ormont, wouldn't they be hanging out at open houses and going to look at places for him to purchase? Yeah, like, we don't hang out at the I mean I've never hung out with my realtor by the pool.
Speaker 2: No, no, in a beginning, llo, but.
Speaker 1: You can see Luke Colorado in the jacuzzie, like with his miller light, like the way I'm with my candidate dry and he's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, now, okay, So how does Luke know this?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: Because Michelle told Christen something a while ago. I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my guess is that Kristen and Michelle and Luke have had a pretty close friendship prior to leading up to this, and they know all the dirty deeds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Luke wants to say it so badly, he wants to, but he just can't. But I think he's going to. I mean, I think I think we're pretending.
Speaker 1: I mean because even in the scene, he kind of looks at Jesse and he's like, so, if something were to have happened, would you have gotten over it?
Speaker 2: Jesse says, you absolutely not, right right?
Speaker 1: And then then the confessional he was like pitting out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you think Michelle's cheated? I mean, what else could it be?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if she's cheated or if she's just saying she's interested. I don't know if it's an emotional affair. I cannot speculate at this point. But I did see the scenes for next week where it seems we're about to find out more, right, But do you think it's going to be Luke that spills it or I know he'll probably get it.
Speaker 3: Christ will probably do it in some way. Kristin's such an impact, she's going to have to I know that's right, because she feels it deeply. So she's going to have to say something. She can't hold on to it. She can't hold onto it. She'll know what it'll affect the energy in the room exactly. But everyone's going to get mad at her. She's always the messenger.
Speaker 2: I still do not understand why Michelle isn't upset with whoever said the original comment Janet about the whole You know, well, I remember what it was.
Speaker 1: She's a Republican, she's a publican and a rasis like all those things.
Speaker 2: Like we never actually got to the point where she was upset at the actual person who said it. Like I like how Janet just kind of she just kind of gets through, gets by with everything.
Speaker 1: Janet's able to kind of make everybody feel.
Speaker 2: Like they're her best friend.
Speaker 1: I mean, even didn't on the podcast with Katie Maloney, didn't she say I like Janet and Jesse.
Speaker 2: Yes, she did, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, like, out of first couples, that's what you go for first. Well, first I had to google who's Janet and Jesse?
Speaker 2: Who's Jesse?
Speaker 1: But then I once I got through that part, then I was like, oh, okay, but.
Speaker 2: I guess I mean it makes sense. They seem like a funny couple.
Speaker 1: Just they seem like a funny suited couple as well, but they seem to have.
Speaker 2: A good Janna and Jason. Oh my god, is Jesse Janet and Jason? Hold on?
Speaker 1: But didn't she say Janet, Oh no, Jesse's the other dude's side, Because then I asked her, what do you think of Jesse?
Speaker 2: Oh right, that's what it was. Okay, so Janet and Jason.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, But then Luke and his confessionals says, yeah, I am holding a secret that could ruin everything. I'm like, I hate to break it to you, Luke, it's already been ruined.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not. They're not the epitome of a happy, happy marriage.
Speaker 1: So but what was he implying when Jesse, Oh, well not what was he implying? But what about when Jesse goes he tell his daughter that his mom everything up. It's the battle for who's the worst this EPI like, why is that really what you would.
Speaker 2: Say to your daughter? I know, you know what. I was going to ask you what you thought about that comment, because Michelle makes all these comments about hell Jesse's a good dad, but like, I don't see it. Is he your good dad? Well?
Speaker 1: They Jesse also said when Isabella is around Michelle, she's completely different. Isabella seems like a perfect like she entertains herself, she's playing around, She doesn't seem to be I don't know what happens in the dynamic when all four of them together, because I'm still stuck on the one bike ride.
Speaker 2: I saw the rest of the time they're apart. You're going to ride the bike, get on the bike. We're founding, ride the bike. But yeah, I all I.
Speaker 1: Was thinking, was I really hope that Jesse doesn't say this a merchant his daughter. Yeah, when this does come out, because we know that it's out now they are broken up.
Speaker 2: I hope that wasn't the conversation he had with a three year old. He sat her down and was like, look, your mom, everything out? Do you need your passy to soothe?
Speaker 1: But I also, you know, kind of During this I was wondering about how Luke and Kristin got together, and also how they got to.
Speaker 2: The point of knowing this was all going to blow up.
Speaker 1: Like how does this all happen? We know Luke and Kristin met at a wedding blah blah blah, but how did this closeness start? Like how did these people meeting?
Speaker 2: Because they're in two separate geographical locations and hold, so, how did they build a relationship where they're so close and so into each other? Yes, I don't know, that's a good question. I mean a lot of texting. I don't know. The thing is that kills me about their relationship is that they talk so much about having a baby, but they don't talk about the logistics of how that's going to work. I feel like they've made it clear that they're both going to live in two separate places and he's not willing to move to la and she's not willing to live in Colorado. But they just keep this conversation going about having a child, and I just keep thinking about how is this going to work?
Speaker 1: I also keep thinking they talk about sex a lot, and listen, I'm happy to talk about sex as much as the next person. But I also need to point out something and this isn't I'm not throwing shade, but like she keeps saying you need to be with a thirty two year old, I'm like, you guys all look at the same age, So just so we're clear, it's not like we're looking at Schwartz's girlfriend at this point and we're like, whoa like? And then I started to really question my own self, like that man is ten years younger than me and seventeen younger years younger than you.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for pointing that out. I appreciate that. I'm just saying you had that math ready to go. This was premeditated. I did the math.
Speaker 1: I've been so so good.
Speaker 2: Right, that was the fastest math I've ever seen you too, Yeah, but you knew it extrictly how much older I was? Thank you for that. Oh gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, well here's the thing. It's like, well, I was I right, I don't know. I can't even do something to howl.
Speaker 2: Are you at school? I'm forty eight, so what's the math? Sixteen years? So I'm solved by one. Okay, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: All right, Then the girls are drinking wine and having which I don't like this game where the jinga game where they all.
Speaker 2: Write their questions.
Speaker 1: It's the same questions, like just the same as any Housewife show where there's a card game you throw out or that never have I ever like.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, just wait till you watch I really these questions give like just talk ask questions like you and I can ask each other questions. Why is there always had to be a game involved? But Brittany, I mean the question did lead to Brittany's poop story. And I know how much you enjoy a good poop story. I do enjoy a good poop story.
Speaker 1: But I have to say, at one point in time, Jax must have been very attracted and very in love with Brittany, because if I asked Edwin to get in the ocean so I could ship next to him and walk away with my ship following.
Speaker 2: He would be like, the sais ate the poop? What are they called? Sea rays? Are sea ray? Stingrays? Yes, sea rays like the ste ate the poop.
Speaker 1: Like, listen, I may not be the biggest environmentalist, but what did those stingrays do to deserve me?
Speaker 2: Ma's cheese all over?
Speaker 1: Them, like I just and also I want to know, like if I have been in a situation. I grew up on an island, so like I've been in a situation where I've had to shit on a boat.
Speaker 2: Do you think I told anyone? Oh, but that boat had no restrooms so she had to go walk out into the water and stop. Learly.
Speaker 1: No, any of the boats that I grew up riding around on with my friends didn't have but we'd be on like a sand dune, and then you just go far away from everybody and they assume you're ping, and if accidentally you had to poop and run, that's what it is. But please don't invite your significant other.
Speaker 2: Or tell the parents. Well, no, the parents they now know, but they didn't know at the time. Apparently she said she didn't know. If they knew at the time, Yeah, but if he were pretending they didn't know.
Speaker 1: But then Michelle saying she doesn't even Michelle must like Jesse a little bit. If she's not even willing to shit in the same hotel room that he's in, she's willing to.
Speaker 2: Go to the lobby. I just want to know how it happens at home, Like does she wait for him to not be there.
Speaker 1: Well, what I do know is I didn't need the editors to show the flashback of Jack shitting on the toilet. I didn't need to see that either with the door open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't need it.
Speaker 1: Didn't need it on the phone, Like I know, everybody sits as Jerry's I give this shit a five point five. It's not full banana shit.
Speaker 2: But he's like, hey, this is Jack's uh to doe it my cameo while I take a shit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then Brittany tells the girl she hasn't had sex in a month and a half and how Jack consistently puts her down, which that consistently putting down.
Speaker 2: She really does lift Jack's up.
Speaker 1: I mean she may shit on boats with Jack's but she really does lift him up and have his back, even when he invited Kristen's.
Speaker 2: Ex to he did. She has played. She does take up for him and make excuses for him a lot, but clearly she's not getting any reciprocation.
Speaker 1: Then they show Malibu the morning after Janet says Girls' Night was a success. They all seem violently hungover, so like they can't they can't even look except for Michelle. She doesn't seem to hungover. She seems interested in having a what are they called, oh bloody Mary Mary?
Speaker 2: Because she was going to head to shoutow Mormont. I know, I was just going to say that she's just going to go to shoutou Mormant, so she needed to get the party started. What kind of bag did Britney pukein? Do we think?
Speaker 1: Do we think it was the chip bag because they were eating chips the day before, or like, why did it need to be left in the driveway? Isn't there trash can outfunt?
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I guess you just she didn't pull over. See I would pull over and make her get out and puke. I wouldn't want her to puke right next to me into a bag while I'm driving.
Speaker 1: Well maybe it happened multiple times and she was they were driving, and she was like, they didn't want to puke to splatter all over the back of the car, so they put the.
Speaker 2: Bag and I don't know, I'm not a puker. Then we get back.
Speaker 1: Then it's a we get from puke to hangovers to Nia talking to Danny and just once again I didn't expect to have such a real, honest, helpful conversation to appear on this show. So thank you Nia for being open and vulnerable and you know, for not puking in your driveway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, classy, She's a classy lady.
Speaker 1: We appreciated it, Nia, And I'm glad that Ac got fixed because the valley is hot.
Speaker 2: The valley is hot, especially it looks like it would be super hot in a condo with three little children, and no Ac, I would die.
Speaker 1: Also, when Jesse was talking about how much he despised the valley, I'm like, Jesse, now that you're divorced or getting divorced, you may be living in the valley soon enough, my friend, So I wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Talking to that much, right.
Speaker 1: We all think we're going to stay somewhere and then everybody ends up over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then jack talks to Brittany about her heavy drinking when she goes out.
Speaker 2: Brittany doesn't want her in Jackson's relationship to end up like Michelle and Jesse's, which this conversation is actually hard to watch because we know that they end up separated, and I felt like Brittany was like trying to be real enthusiastic about that's never going to help happen to us. We're biggest things, right right, every best friends, I am your ride or die. That's never going to happen to us. And I felt like she was really trying to, like, you know, right, write Jacks and he.
Speaker 1: Just well, And then Jack's like the D word doesn't exist in his family. They don't think it will ever happen to them. But then they start to talk about sex. But meanwhile he's.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't busy. He's like, I got aletach and I'm so tired. I have all these cameos to do, like I probably have. What is it when like meat's undercooked? I have salmon? Like I, well, what do you think it is? Do you think he's not attracted to or anymore and he's just checked out? Is that? Because that's what I get from it.
Speaker 1: I think that oftentimes, whether people want to admit it or not, there are times in your relationship where it may pivot in the attraction level. In order to get yourself back on track, you have to like make the effort to have sex. If you don't and too much time passes, you just stop having sex. So whether it means that he's attracted to her or not, or whether it means that they've just gotten out of habit of making an effort to be together in any sort of intimate way. I mean, I have friends and that have gone years because now it's so uncomfortable for one of them to make a move. And I can say after I had my son cruise edwhen I went for a while without and then it got to the point where I started feeling insecure and started feeling like Edwin wasn't attracted to me, and we went through.
Speaker 2: Like that was our roughest time in our marriage.
Speaker 1: So if you don't talk about it and you don't work through it, you can't just pretend it's going to get better on its own. Yeah, I guess my takeaway from that conversation was that Britney was committed to talking about it and making it better. I don't feel like he was fully invested in the conversation or making it better, Like he doesn't seem interested to me. And I hate to even ask this, but I just need to know your thoughts. Do you think this means he's having sex with somebody else or he's just taken that Like I'm not having sex with it, Like because I'm not having sex with my wife, I'm just like out of sight, out of my mind, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not having sex. I don't know. I just I can only compare it to my relationship with Shane. And Shane we've been together fifteen years, and he always wants to have sex. There's never a time period when he doesn't. Even when I was at my heaviest or when I gained forty pounds, he still was attracted to me and he still wanted to have sex all the time. So to me, based upon my experience, when a man is in a committed relationship but it goes a long period of time without having sex, that doesn't make sense to me. Yeah, and he's getting it somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or unless you're struggling and you have to work through something. But no, I mean there are but there are times like I'm a very attracted to Edwin, Like I love him, you know, he's my best friend. He doesn't exist in this one.
Speaker 2: But are you fakest Thames more thickest Thames?
Speaker 1: But like he was going out of town and it was like late and Edwin started.
Speaker 2: And I was like, babe, and he.
Speaker 1: Was like please, and I was like, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like I gave in.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like on the top priority list for me. I had already done all my nighttime activities and I was ready for night night. But I still was like, okay, you know, like he is going out of town, like you, you make allowances for maybe the moment, and then I'll joke about I'll be like I took one for the team there.
Speaker 2: Just for the record. I'm sure he appreciates hearing that. He was like you did, and I appreciate it, thank you.
Speaker 1: You know, but like you should be able to laugh and have real conversation, not just well, if you wanted to last more than two seconds, we have to do butt stuff.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, I'm sure she was like yay. I don't know, maybe she was. Maybe she was like I'll take whatever I can get. Do you think they had sex though?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, don't you think they just did that scene and they were like, oh, yeah, let's go, let's do some butt stuff. Then they were like in scene, all right, you go back to the couch. I'm gonna go upstairs, yeah and watch Netflix. I don't even know that they've had sex since that scene.
Speaker 1: Probably not, Like, I just don't think that conversation because she was also laughing about it, because you could tell she's feeling bad about it. She's laughing about it. He's making excuses on how tired he is from running a bar and apparently leaf blowing his backyard. Like, I just didn't feel that connection and there was no touching. Normally, when you're about to have sex, there is some sort of like physical intimacy of any kind, right, Yeah, yeah, what about the Jesse has now cried? We have now seen Jesse's shed of tear.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like he just like reached over, grabbed an onion and then cried.
Speaker 1: You think he like took his Starbucks cup and jiggled at the eyeside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I actually think in that moment, maybe because he's so obsessed with himself, the idea that somebody else isn't obsessed with him is heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense. I'll go with that.
Speaker 1: But I do think he says he knows he wants to make it work, and then completely deadpan, she's like, I can't really make any promises on my end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no emotion, no.
Speaker 1: Motion, He's crying and then coming up next week, we see Michelle's secrets are going to be aired to the entire group. Yay, yay, But also do we think that some of these issues between Michelle and Jesse have to do with just the way he acts in general? Or do you think there has been Do you think this michelle secrets being aired? Do you think this is the first there's been secrets or do you think their entire relationship has been secrets? But just getting the vibe off the two of them, I don't know. I mean, she has so little emotion, it's hard for me to read her. Like I don't know if she went into.
Speaker 2: This marriage very calculated knowing it wouldn't work out, or if she actually was committed and had some emotions at some point and now she's just she met she met the guy at the Chateau Marmond. I don't know. Yeah, I have no idea. I also wonder, how do you come onto a reality show knowing that people know secrets about you that you're on a show with unless you're okay with it coming out When that person is Kristen, right, like you know that's going to come up, Like I yeah, I mean there are certain people in my life that I feel like would hold a secret for me.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that person would necessarily be Christian, like when you just see historically throughout all of the years. Do I like watching Kristin? Yes? Do I have I been around her and she's a lot of fun. Yes, as she always been nice to me.
Speaker 2: Yes. Would you tell her your deepest started secrets and then go on a television show with her? No? I don't know. So Okay, Well, so here's my question. Do you think because Michelle is on a reality show, she knows that people on the show with her know the secret about her? Do you think she's making the relationship look worse so it looks reasonable that she had an affair, possibly allegedly. She would be very if that is the case. She is very smart. Jesse started.
Speaker 1: But Jesse does a pretty good job of making himself look like an asshole without Sean needing.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't really need help in that area. Well, I have a question for you then, Yeah, just a hypothetical question. If I were to share with you the dark at secrets, because we talk all the time on the pod, if I were to share with you and then next year I was on Real Housewives of Orange County?
Speaker 2: Would you tell them?
Speaker 1: Absolutely so, don't tell me shit, all right, guys, thanks for tuning in to another episode of Popping Off. Make sure you tune in later tonight because we will be dropping another episode with Katie from vander Pump Rules and it's juicy juicy