Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Monday, October twenty first, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we're wondering if you could spare a healthy wide receiver to me. Your man MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones Fellows.
Speaker 2: At least two of you. At least you two.
Speaker 1: Got to celebrate NFL wins, So congratulations on that.
Speaker 2: My team literally got smoke.
Speaker 1: I think it might have just given up another weird Patrick Mahomes scramble.
Speaker 2: I don't absolutely love to see it. I'm sure you do. I'm sure you do. I mean Florida for you.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not officially wrapped up, but it seems like the division's kind of wrapped up for the Bills right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would have traded it in for a Mets win, but Marcus and the Dodgers and all that. Yeah, the Mets, the Mets and Jets season kind of ended at the same point, and that leads to the Bills kind of having the division wrapped up. But yeah, congrats, I guess and all all that good stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, Like you all honestly like the Mets had a great season. They they made the Dodgers sweat a little bit. I would tell you I woke up early on Sunday morning with a weird pit in my stomach, was nervous, couldn't eat much, but happy.
Speaker 2: You know, job's not.
Speaker 1: Done, but we're moving on and at least gave me something to wash that nasty forty nine Ers game out of my mouth with, because that was that was awfulndous awful. We got a lot to talk about. We will have our biggest takeaways from Week seven. Still two more games to go. We have a doubleheader on Monday night with the Ravens and the Bucks, also the Chargers and the Cardinals, so two more games to finish out the week.
Speaker 2: Will have some waiver wire stuff and we'll.
Speaker 1: Start getting into our mid season awards because we have hit the halfway points of the fantasy regular season. You know, having seventeen games is sort of weird mathematically, but it does mean fourteen weeks in the regular season. There's a nice breaking point after Week seven there. But let's get started, as we always do, with some fantasy headline. So it was bad on the field for the forty nine Ers. They got thumped by the Kansas City Chiefs in a Super Bowl rematch.
Speaker 2: It was bad on the field. It may be getting even worse. Brandon Ayuk left the game.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, Kyle Shanahan said they fear it is a torn acl Now, as of the time of us recording this show, there is no confirmation on that. But that was not a good looking injury to his lower leg. Ended up being carted into the locker room, and it could be that he is finished for the season. I'm I'm gonna ask this for Florio because I feel like Lakwan is going to have too much voice, seriously, too much gleea. So I'm not gonna ask you this question. But look, we don't know when Christian McCaffrey is coming back. Auk might be gone for the year. Deebo had an illness apparently yesterday that kept him off the field.
Speaker 2: Should we start to panic about this forty nine ers offense for fantasy?
Speaker 3: No, No, it stinks if you have Brandon Nyuk. It's even worse if you know you invested in him early in the summer when he was going as like a borderline first round pick. But he has one big game all year. Every other game less than fifty receiving yards. Kittle is still out there. Deebo is still out there once he gets over this illness. We already know Juwan Jennings could fill in nicely. They even got the rookies involved a bit yesterday and Ricky Piersoll and Jacob Cowing.
Speaker 2: So I'm not Patton.
Speaker 3: Look, maybe the forty nine ers aren't going to be what they were last season, which is when they kind of gave us a league winner at every position, But if you have those other pieces of the forty nine ers offense, I'm not panicking or freaking out or anything just yet. Brandon Nayuk, it was a down year from the start. I hope for Speedie recovering and he's back next season. But I think this hurts Brandon Ayuk managers a lot more than it does the forty nine Ers as a whole.
Speaker 1: Well, we saw George Kittle still have a nice game yesterday for Fantasy six catches for ninety two yards. You're right, at some point, Deebo sam he was going to be back and they're not going to be facing a Steve Spagnolo defense every week. I will say that as a fan, I had a bad feeling about this. When Steve Spagnolo during the week was super complimentary of Brock Purdy and out here saying like, oh, he has no weaknesses, That to me was the epitome of the enemy speaks softly and carries a knife like Spags with some sort of wide receiver or something out here. So maybe the result was not super surprising when it was all said and done. Over to Cleveland, where Deshaun Watson left the game with a non contact injury. It has been confirmed that he has torn his achilles. He will have surgery. His season is over.
Speaker 2: Mcwan. We did see Nick Chubb come.
Speaker 1: Back and he got back in them zone and that was really great, really fun to see. We saw Cedric Tillman step in and have a nice game for fantasy, But I mean, are we believing in Tillman? Is there anybody there that you still count on besides Nick Chubb?
Speaker 4: Cedric Tillman is a nice WI replacement at Ormari Cooper will shift off the Buffalo. But David Nijok, who's really the only pass catcher we can put our hat on to say, yeah, we could put him in starting lineups and he might put some type of product out there. But when you look at Jerry Judy, it just feels like he's checked out of his frustrations. They're gone through, you know, multiple quarterbacks right now, you know, with DTR and Jameson Winston, Like who knows, you know, moving forward, if Jerry Judy is going to be valuable. But when you look at David Nijoku, he's the only one getting this offense any type of spark to be able to go downfield and create some scoring opportunities. He's a big body target, so therefore, if it's DTR, if it's Winston, they'll be able to check out him in the end zone. So I definitely feel as though, like I could only trust David Najoku moving forward, and that kind of puts Superman Nick Chubb in that because he had that touchdown. But before that, the production was really nasty for fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very interested to see what the quarterback plan is going to be. H I know yesterday people were saying it looks like it could be DTR. But he also suffed a finger injury, which is why you saw Jamis Winston get in late in the game, actually led them to a touchdown right near the end of that game. So I think it should be Jamis. I think a lot of people feel like it should be Jamis. We'll see what this what direction Kevin Stefanski's I mean, look, Jamis was made inactive. He came in because he was the emergency quarterback on Sunday.
Speaker 3: The irony of them demoting him because fans were cheering his name in games, and that's the only Browns quarterback that throws a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Crazy, I mean, Brown's gonna brown. That's a pretty much still ball man. I don't know why people doubt him. He could still ball. Put him out there.
Speaker 1: If nothing else, I think he just gives you more hope in that offense, and they've had all year long, So I don't know why you wouldn't give him a shot.
Speaker 2: But we'll see what.
Speaker 1: We'll see what directions the fancy and the Browns decide to go in.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some of the week's top scores.
Speaker 1: Everybody howled when the Steelers were making a quarterback change, but Russell Wilson gave you almost twenty five fantasy points, a parent passing touchdowns, a rush touchdown as well. Jamiir Gibbs doing jamiro Gibbs things one hundred and sixteen rushing yards and two touchdowns, four catches for forty four yards thirty two points for him.
Speaker 2: I'm on Ross Saint Brown.
Speaker 1: It was Sonny in Minneapolis and the sun God showed out twenty five point two points, eight catches, one hundred and twelve yards in a touchdown.
Speaker 2: David Joku, we just talked about him.
Speaker 1: Sint Jexes for seventy six and a score that's good for twenty three points six. Will Lutts made four field goals and three extra points for the Broncos seventeen points there. And the Broncos defense going back to Thursday night, just obliterating the Saints. They scored a twenty eight fantasy points there. Let's get to our biggest takeaways though from Week seven. Lakwan, what did you see that you think we can build on going forward?
Speaker 4: Looking at the Titans offense, I mean, I honestly feel that Mason Rudolph gives the pass catchers the best chance to be fantasy relevant. I mean, you avoid some of the bonehead mistakes, the turnovers, and plus he you could take the veteran approach here with Mason rudolp he has a lot of football behind him. So therefore, moving forward, there's guys that you see like Chicaquo the tight end over there, or you even see the reverb the revive of Calvin Ridley. But more so, he's not going to be turning the ball over as frequent on the Titans offense, and he's also converting on third down. He's throwing the ball away. He's not trying to play hero ball. But it's a matter of trying to figure out moving forward, do we put Will Levis back in there, or which fantasy pass catcher could we honestly trust, you know, week to week. But that's soon to be told, you know, moving forward. But I think Mason Rudolph just gives this offense a spark that they desperately needed.
Speaker 1: It's definitely a style change, right because Will Levis is good to throw yolo balls, which sometimes leads to hilarity thanks and sometimes it leads to some hilarious outcomes. Mason Ruolph's is very much going to be conservative. He's going to check down. It was why when I like Tony Pollard going into the week anyway, it was a reason I got really excited about Tony Pollard in that opportunity, even though you know he didn't really happen.
Speaker 2: It was just a game for Pollard.
Speaker 1: So I almost say, now will Levis, they're saying week to week with that shoulder injury, So we'll see what happens coming up in Week eight, Florida.
Speaker 2: What did you learn from this week?
Speaker 3: Mason Rudolph doesn't seem like a conservative guy to me. I learned that George Pickens is the breakout I think is coming here. And this is something that I doubted him this week because of the matchup, and that was wrong. But coming into the season, I was like, I want George Pickens on my fantasy teams, and it was because we thought Russell Wilson would be the quarterback. Last week Week nine, second most targets, second most yards, his first touchdown. It was his best passer rating when targeted air yards. But I went back this morning and I watched all of his deep targets from this season. The difference is that Russell Wilson will just put more air under it. It's not like Russell Wilson went out and balled out on those deep balls or anything like that. Like one of them hit the Jets defender. First, another one, George Pickens made a phenomenal side line grab. The difference though, is like Justin Fields puts a lot of velocity and it's more of a line drive, and it's harder for Pickens to make those adjustments in air or something like that, whereas Wilson is like, yeah, I might underthrow it, but I'm gonna give you a chance where you could legitimately come to a full stop potentially and just go up like it's a rebound in basketball and in one on ones. In those situations, I do think George Pickens will win more often than not. So maybe still a little bit boom or bust, but the arrow is certainly pointing up for George Pickens right now.
Speaker 1: Which again it sort of brings us back to where we were, say in August, when we were drafting Steelers, it was with the idea that Russell Wilson was going to be the starter and he was going to elevate all those pass catchers. Yes, we like Justin Fields and we assumed he was going to play, but we also I think sort of knew that Justin Fields was going to be good for the Justin Fields managers and maybe not for anybody else who was invested in the Steelers offense. Speaking of quarterbacks in Kansas City, Patrick Mahomes isn't a thing. But Kareem Hunt is watching that game yesterday between the Chiefs and the forty nine, or they understand with the Niners secondary had a really good game, but it was another week where Patrick Mahomes struggled to generate anything offensively. Finished the day with one hundred and fifty four passing yards, two interceptions, no touchdowns. Another game where Patrick Mahomes gave you less than fourteen fantasy points.
Speaker 2: It's been a struggle for him.
Speaker 1: In fact, he has not reached seventeen fantasy points in a game this season. They aren't able to get the ball downfield really to any of their wide receivers. Noah Gray was the leading pass catcher for the Chiefs on Sunday, and now Jujus Smith Schuster has he left with a hamstring injury. He's already been ruled out for this week's game. So what little they had to help catch the football not going to be there. In the meantime, Preem Hunts had a couple of nice games, back to back rushing touchdowns against the forty nine ers on Sunday went for over one hundred yards in a score of the week before. Curious to see what happens if we see more Sama J. P.
Speaker 3: Ryan.
Speaker 2: We'll see if Clyde Edwards Laire is able to get back in there.
Speaker 1: But for now, very much the Kareem Hunt Show, which in the year our Fantasy Football Lord twenty twenty four, I did not think I would be saying out loud, there we are. We as I mentioned, are hitting the midway point of the fantasy regular season. Felt like it's a good time to give out some awards, so we will start. Because I've learned my lesson fellas, I'm not going to end the show with the downer award well and with a positive award, so right now we'll do the downer. And that's the biggest disappointment. So lakwan for the first seven weeks of the season, who has broken your heart?
Speaker 4: Don't kinkaid man Floria. I don't know if you got to get on the phone over there to see what's going on to get hit the ball more. But it's more so a disappointment and the halfway mark based on a mixed bag of why we're disappointed. It's like the cost that we pay for him in drafts. We know he's uber talented, he's getting the vine, but he's just not getting the yards. He's not getting the touchdowns. Like we know this dude could be the focal point of this Bill's offense, even though we understand they have this new identity as a low pass volume offense. Josh Allen still doing Josh Allen things, but it's like it's not happening for Dunk and Kate on the week to week basis, And it's like you probably missed out on some tight end opportunities to trade them, but again, tight ends were down bad in the fantasy streets, so there's really no way you could probably get that trade off to begin with. But you're not going to bench him because again he's getting the Viume. I can't see myself benching a tight end that's getting twenty percent of the target share. So you're just kind of just stuck with him. You're just sitting with him. But there is hope. Back to back weeks he did have season highs of receiving yards, so hopefully he could build on that in the back end of the season. But yeah, real nasty work right here.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting, and you know, Florda, you might be able to speak to this a little bit more. Last year they funneled a lot of those targets through just a couple of guys. It was Stefan Diggs and Dalton Kink. This year feels like Josh Allen spreading the ball out a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think part of it is that we overestimated that Kincaid can be team's number one. I'm not sure he can be, but I think Amari Cooper is gonna open up so much for everything else. Teams going against the Bills are like, if we take out the middle short middle of the field where Kate and Shakir operate, well, we can stop this Bill's passing attack. That all changes once you incorporate Amari Cooper more into the offense.
Speaker 1: I think, at least all right, keep it going, though, Who is your disappointment so far?
Speaker 3: Team wide award to the only undefeated TEAMFL.
Speaker 2: I know their.
Speaker 3: Fans aren't disappointed right now, but if you like Marcus, you just touched on Mahomes perfectly, Like bo Nicks has more Fantasy points than he does right, Like that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: Daniel Jones has more.
Speaker 3: Fantasy points than Patrick Mahomes right now, Travis Kelcey is averaging less than nine fantasy points per game forty one yards per game. He does not have a touchdown. The two Chiefs that I think we could have really relied upon, in Isaiah Pacheco and she Rice.
Speaker 2: They're gone.
Speaker 3: We don't know when, if at all, either one of them, and add Marquise Brown to that, if they're coming back, but then Xavier Worthy's been insanely boom er bus. There's no Chiefs wad receiver you could start with any sort of confidence right now. Travis Kelsey's disappointing, Patrick Mahomes is disappointing. Kareem Hunt is their best fantasy asset right now outside of their defense. That is how far we have fallen with the Mighty Chiefs offense look best team in the league, super Bowl favorites, probably gonna win their third in a row. I get all of that, but for fantasy this team is a nightmare. It is abysmal, and if you covered up their names, they'd all be on the waiver wire.
Speaker 2: Outside of Freaki, no.
Speaker 1: Percent, And people have asking me I'm sure they're getting the questions too, can you drop Patrick Mahomes And at this point I think the answer is absolutely yes, because he's just the name pretty much at this point.
Speaker 2: Or trade not for me. My big disappointment is Sam Laporta.
Speaker 1: And I mean this is a guy that was going off the board as the first side end in pretty much every fantasy league, or at least the vast majority of.
Speaker 2: Them, and scrolling, scrolling, scrolling.
Speaker 1: Right now he is the tight end nineteen and that might be even higher than you would have thought for a guy like Sam laport just one game with double digit fantasy points, just one touchdown, has not had sixty receiving yards yet in a game.
Speaker 2: Sure we thought Jamison Williams is going to make an impact, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think we thought it was going to be this impactful what he has done both for the Lions and what he has done to Sam Laporta. It's getting harder and harder to start him every week, even in a year where tight end production is down. Sam laporter really has just been one of the major disappointments. And with the Lions playing well and Jamison Williams playing well, I don't see it changing any time soon, all right, So those are disappointments. We will get to the Happier Award coming up after the break. We'll also have the waiver Wire stick around for more of the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Let's take a look at this week's waiver wire options. Floyda.
Speaker 2: Who should we be looking at this week?
Speaker 3: It's a good quarterback week if you need one. Sam Darnold. I don't know why he's still available in over forty percent of leagues. Drake May has been bawling out since he got the starter. Gig Tua Tongue of Iloa is set to return to practice with the hopes of returning to games this week, and then Jamis Winston. They said, dtr not sure if he will be able to play or not in this upcoming week. Tyrone Tracy Junior was still the lead back even with Devin singletary back. Tank Bigsby just continues to run so well that he needs to be added right now. Ray Davis a lot of it came late, but he still has played really well these last two games. Alexander Madison remained the lead runner even with Zamir White returning. Tyler Algier is one injury away from being an every week must start. Plus he's kind of got owned standalone value and Daranis Johnson is the past catching back as long as Travis Etn is sidelined, then a couple of packers Romeo Dobbs and Dontavian Wicks. You want pieces of packers passing attack. Ricky Piersoll him and Jawan Jennings are going to have to step up for the forty nine Ers now, Trey Tucker, someone's gonna have to get volume there for the Raiders too to at well, getting a lot of volume with the big guys sidelined Alec Pierce, Damario Douglas, don't overlook what he has done with Drake may Hunter Henry especially, do not overlook what he did in London this past week. And then a couple of deeper tight ends Lakwan's boy, John new Smith and Sanders is getting volume from Andy Dalton in the Panthers offense.
Speaker 1: Hey, team, that's right, Bucky Roggs way back, but as well, Laquid. If you are you know, if you're spending a bunch of fab or you got your top waiver priority, who are.
Speaker 2: You looking at this week? From that list?
Speaker 4: There's a lot of guys. Drake May honestly is that top priority at the quarterback position for me, just based on how he's been playing back to back games when nineteen and twenty fans, he points he's playing better than Patrick Mahomes right now, and that sounds crazy to say for a rookie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to some more awards as we get to our mid season Fantasy awards. Most Valuable Player I said be ended on a little bit of a happier note there. So who is your MVP at this point, lakwan Joe Mixon.
Speaker 4: I mean he's shown up and showed out in every game he's played full, twenty six plus Fantasy points in every game he's played in a full and I cannot be more happier for him because he makes this Texans offense still dangerous even without their top playmaker in Nico Collins. Just look at how he's moving right now. This is the quickest and the fastest we've probably seen Joe Mixon play like. He just looks like a completely revised running back right now. I mean, he's playing great. This is the best start he's had fantasy wise in his career, so hopefully he keeps it going because he's definitely looking like a top three running back this season all ranks.
Speaker 1: So we got a veteran running back for one MVP candidate Florida. Who is your most valuable player? Jaden Daniels And it would have been so much.
Speaker 3: Sweeter had he not got hurt and I could come out here and say he was the fantasy QB one. He is the fantasy QB two right now, behind only Lamar Jackson. But if you have Jaden Daniels, you did not pay that Lamar Jackson price. You didn't pay the Anthony Richardson price or the Kyler Murray price. You waited and got him probably as a borderline QB one, maybe even some of you took him as your second quarterback. Now he is an every week must start, gonna win Rookie of the Year, it looks like, and every week he just continues to amaze. Doesn't matter the matchup, nothing, He is getting the most out of this offense. And just please be okay, Jade, and my fantasy team really need you with the Commanders really need you and all of that. But yeah, getting a QB the potential QB one at around like nine price that that puts him in the running for MVP.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, and it's funny because you talk about, you know, you didn't pay the Lamar Jackson price. But I'm seeing a lot of people and it's not really a surprise who both who had both Lamar Jackson and Jayden Daniels Because you could go early and get Lamar and maybe if you wanted to just sort of, you know, kick the tires, you could get Daniels a little bit later. And so now a lot of people sort of have this weekly dilemma of who do I start in which case I might trade one of them, probably trade Jason, try Daniels, but trade one of them for sure, because you don't want this headache every single week.
Speaker 2: My MVP.
Speaker 1: Going back to the veteran running back, well, Dereck Henry, who we all.
Speaker 2: Wanted this to happen. We all wanted him in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: We got our wish, and usually when we do, it goes sideways on us.
Speaker 2: This has not been the case.
Speaker 1: You see that the twenty two point six Fantasy points per game so far this season, he has scored at least one touchdown in every single one of the Ravens games. Of course, he plays on Monday Night against the Buccaneers will try to keep that streak going. But as good as he has been so far this year and right now he leads the NFL and rushing yards. The thing we know about Derek Henry is that he gets better later in the season. When the weather gets colder in November in December, he gets tougher because you have dbs making business decisions. When they see El Tractorcido coming around the corner with the football, you see him with one of those nasty, vicious stiff arms that turns into a meme at some point later on in the season. Derrick Henry has been everything we wanted him to be, and somehow I feel like he hasn't even reached the ceiling yet. Eight rushing touchdowns, one receiving touchdown. We talked about him maybe reaching twenty. That is very much still in the cards for Derrick Henry in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: So those are all the players that we are loving through the first seven weeks of the season. Now let's talk about one of our favorite moments from the past week. And as we were scouring the interwebs to find a moment we loved this season. Turns out it takes place with Mike Florio's Buffalo Bills, where the rookie steps in actually help the veteran Keon Coleman kind of explaining what he was doing by kind of pointing some things out to Amari Cooper. You tell him what to do on the touchdown on his touchdown, n man, cause you know the play. I just helped him confirm it.
Speaker 3: That's how it was. It looked like there was some kind of communication between YouTube though before for the staff.
Speaker 2: As name of the game, you never can get fine off over communicating. Make sure everybody doing what they need to do.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You gotta love ke On Coleman, right, I mean the Florida I know, I'm sure Bills fans absolutely love keonk and just for not for just what he does on the field, but just for who he is as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and watching this game as closely as I was, I was like, at this play, I'm sitting there like, i'mara doesn't know what he's doing right now, and then three seconds later I'm like, oh, he knows to catch a touchdown. Though, I love the line that that Keon said. I also tweeted out yesterday because remember after Week one, everyone was like, how did how did the NFL let the Chiefs get Exavier Worthy? I tweeted out, how did the NFL let the Bills get key On Coleman? Because he went for one hundred and twenty five yards and he only had a touchdown? Like, great person and a good player as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a whole lot of fun. I mean it looked Lakwan like.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you know, you're just you're the new guy, right, you need somebody to help you.
Speaker 2: I didn't matter how old or young they are. You just sometimes you just need somebody to kind of help you go better.
Speaker 4: In response by Keon Coleman too, basically covering, I'm like, nah, you know to play. He's like, what are you talking about? You just I just confirmed it for him like that. That was such a solid veteran.
Speaker 2: Move right there. I love that.
Speaker 1: So congrats to Keyon Coleman and Amari Cooper and the Bills offense. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us for the rest of the season. But that's a good place for us to sort of put this one down for today. That is It's we are done. We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show presented by Uber Eats. You know the drill, Tell two friends to tell two friends, rate review and remember. Deadlines are great. I love the wishing sound they make as they rush by. We say, take care of yourselves and we would talk to you tomorrow. WO No, I don't know.