Speaker 1: It wouldn't be Las Vegas Week, also known as Viva Las Content without talking to the comedic mayor of the city. A staple on the strip, his legendary two decade run at the Luxor helped define the stand up industry and stands as one of the longest running shows in any hotel.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: His style, equal parts stand up, prop comedy and pure chaos, has made him one of the most recognizable performers in the world. An inventor at heart, he's appeared on TV shows like George Lopez, Scrubs, Glee, and Hacks, and starred in his own movie, nineteen ninety Seven's Chairman of the Board spelled b O A r D. Do you guys get that joke?
Speaker 3: As opposed to.
Speaker 1: R D yeah, which is a norm McDonald joke, We'll play the clip. In an industry that hasn't always known what to do with him, here he is forty years since his first open mic, still selling out shows and allowing visitors to take a break from losing money to laugh while in the entertainment capital of the world. So please welcome to Pod Meats World or Props Meets World. The hardest working man in Vegas it's carrot top.
Speaker 2: Yay, yay Vegas.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh my gosh, I'm so glad to hear you say that, because I do have to do. We we performed. We have a our podcast here, Podmets World. We did a pod Meats World live tour and we performed in Vegas and it was a very let's say, quiet crowd.
Speaker 2: Well it depends, It's very true. Vegas is an interesting kind of beast. Yeah, for a lot of reasons. One, I mean if you come like people start drinking literally not a joke, you know, seven in the morning, and then by time you know, there in the sun and then by the pools, and then they come you know the show where air conditioning sometimes feel for them like bros, you know, thank you for wait for eight o'clock at night. And I spent the one day, but I just started taking show at ten o'clock. Ten is late for me. It's late. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they also have a general like you come to Vegas, you expect to.
Speaker 2: Be sure the building blow up. I mean they Yeah, there was.
Speaker 3: Used to be a pirate ship where there.
Speaker 2: Was Yeah, you're like, this is I get show? Lights come on?
Speaker 4: You know something that there was just the three of us on stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to blow people with They don't they don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've had people come to this fear they go, it's okay. One of my favorites years ago that I had people were coming. I was leaving the hotel. They were coming and I said, uh, they said, oh my god, we saw we saw your show last night. I said, all thanks, and they said, we went saw the Beatles Love was here at the Maracco the Beatles Love. And I said, oh wow, how is dad? They said, oh, it's horrible. And I said, I mean if they thought my show was good and they thought the Beatles of course, okay, Like, thank thanks Dad. I was like, how did you? How was what was bad about it? And they said, I swear to god he looks his wife because he was like, all Beatles music, that's real. It was a Beatles music, like it's called the Beatles Love. Like Jesus, I want to people are stupid, That's why they came to my show. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Do you have a very like a specific memory of maybe your most drunk audience member or it's oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've too many to count. We've had people sleep through I mean, we had a guy jump on stage, which is kind of strange with the stages. But he didn't just come on stage. He jumped on stage. So it was like, I'm just standing in the middle of doing something. I don't know what I'm doing, and it just like he just appeared. It was almost like a like a like a just boom and I was like, what the And of course my crew is like you know, security, and he is just like dude, and I'm like, I said hey, He's like hey, and I said.
Speaker 3: What's up.
Speaker 2: I just wanted you guys just want to give you a hug. I said, you can give me a hug. And I'm It went on for like a minute or two. I mean, no one's coming to help me, so, uh so where are you from? You know how long you've been in Vegas? And then like interviewing the guy like Murk Griffin and someone find the guy to sea And then I said, how did you get here? He said? What is it? Where you sitting? He said? He said right there? And I'm like, did you didn't go? He said, no, I just jumped. He jumped from the third row like like a like a certain us the lad guy right and stay and I said, no, no, you're not going back that way. We have to take you around like the regular way. Don't jump over back into the watch. I have stunt men that come to my shop. Oh man, it's crazy that anyway. He was not even I don't think he was that drunk. He was just excited to meet me. Able to give you that is then my wallet.
Speaker 1: How many shows do you do a year here?
Speaker 2: Two hundred and forty? Yeah, I know, it's nuts. My manager has a car payment, so.
Speaker 1: We just do you How do you do two hundred and forty shows a year? You do six shows away.
Speaker 2: I'm very good.
Speaker 1: Nor ethic is incredible.
Speaker 2: No, it's a lot of shows, you know. I'm not gonna lie. It's a lot of shows. But it's also a fun job. I mean it's a It is a lot, though, and it goes by like that. I mean, it's crazy. We were just talking about that. We just we just started and we're already Saturday. So yeah, I mean it's fun. You keep it the show fresh. It's one thing that's fun. You keep new jokes, what's going in, which makes it every night a different night, and the crowd's a different night every night. But it is a lot of ship, especially for you. Uh yeah, I drink baking soda. You know, just put a box of baking soda in your refrigerator.
Speaker 3: You just put that product does.
Speaker 2: Everything everything, keeps you fresh, keep shooting you. But I don't know. I don't know because I've had people that have asked me, like one of my favorite someone asking me, how do you how do you do this? With Steven Tyler, And we went to see Aerosmith okay, and afterwards he was like, hey man, it's a brother, and he just said, how many shows you? How many shows you do? I said, I said, like six a week, six a week Jesus, Well like not like every week. I said, well, not every every week, but I have two hundred and forty shows. And he just looked at me and said, how do you do that? Yeah? And I'm like, you're Stephen Tyler. Why are you asking me like I should be asking you. You're Steven Tyler. I don't know. I don't have the answer to that. So he was just amazed. He just didn't said the same thing. I can't get up with this every night. I said, yeah, you can. You know, you just get the energy or the music the people coming in doesn't half the crowds disgruntled shows.
Speaker 4: Do they feel different now than when you started or is it all kind of the same.
Speaker 2: No, it's always different. Yeah, And also the elements that the show energy changes. Like you said, somebody the crowd can be a little somber whatever. Maybe I call them listening crowds. They were listening crowd because they were they really were there listening. And then you get the ones that are too rowdy, that yell over the punchlines and that kind of that kind of you don't want that either. You don't want too rowdy and you don't want too sleepy. So you want that nice in between good comedy crowds. So yeah, but you get them all. But you're changing jokes like you're No, I haven't changed a joke in thirty years. I'm still doing Nixon jokes. And I used to have a prop, by the way, which is which a running prop even I could I say myself. It was a It was a cell phone for my grandma that had a roadary dial on it. It was years ago. I made it. It would kill and if I did it now, people no idea what people like, what it's a roadary. Oh yeah, you don't have, but he used to kill you know, twenty five years ago. I made it. So when right when cell phones came out, I said, my grant, my grandma has one I made us that you can use it. You know, it was brilliant. Now it's like what wow, God, there's a lot of things that you find that are that are that uh or sometimes the props are relevant, they stay relevant with the joke. But there's another one an ice tray. So it was an ice trade right away, we've lost.
Speaker 3: Right, there's a listening.
Speaker 2: It was an ice tray that I had a level on it, so when you put it back in the freeze, you wouldn't stole. Right, Well, it's always killed and still would do if I do it as a classic. Here's a care classic. But but I always say the same thing. How many people don't know what an ice tray? A? Literally? Most of the crowds like it's so funny though, because it's you know, they get it, yeah right, but they don't know they've never held one?
Speaker 4: Do you do you go back to older props like will you find something that you haven't used the years?
Speaker 2: Really don't want to work that in again. No, no, not unless it's an old prompt that can be relevant to a new you know. I mean, like it was a whatever of a phone case that used to keep people from texting. And so then Trump comes out like, oh it's for It's so great, it's it's a cell phone case for Trump.
Speaker 3: So we won't take it, you know, but.
Speaker 2: But I do I find it. But you just, uh, it's hard to sit in us in his chair and not do that, right yeah, right there, we can't well you know, I talk with Russian. But but yeah, so that's the time I use it if I but I don't want to. I'd never used to go back to an old joke unless we a couple of a couple of years ago we came up with, Uh, we were doing a lot of road shows, and I thought we'd put together a classic Carra top trunk and it was kind of cool because I would do you know, now it's time for all the people who've been the shows years ago. It's time for care classics. And they were all the old you know, from the eighties and nineties, and that was fun going through them and doing them. And like Listra says that no one was an ice train, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to talk to you about your workshop because you mentioned do you keep all of your sweat.
Speaker 2: Shop full of children that are but there's a bar there. We keep them, We keep them entertained.
Speaker 1: You make all your props right, pretty.
Speaker 2: Much all of them. I have had a few that I've had to outsourced to to have because it would be too much for me. You know, I would call it engineering or something a motor or lights. Because sometimes I'll come up with an elaborate idea and I'm like, no one's gonna I can't make this. I mean, it would be great if I could. But then I I'll get someone out and the and they usually will come back with something crazy.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had an idea for a prop that ended up being impossible to make?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably? I mean I had one that I thought was was pretty impossible, and I had I don't know how the guy made it, and I sent him a drawing, you know, like on a napkin. Uh, because I never I don't. I don't own a computer. I don't write any jokes on computers.
Speaker 1: Don't own a computer.
Speaker 2: It's all just notes everywhere, thousands of books and notes and no it's just a lot of comics ext like John Rivers, and they all had index cards and get people when you know, when she passed, they they found all these crates of right now amazing and some I'm sure that people you read and go, what the but she would know it, you know, Yeah, a lot of minds like that. There's just there's like drawings and people. But it was it was the senator and it's just crazy stop topic. But this senator, I don't know, man, it's been probably ten years ago. It was in a bathroom stall in the airport Minneapolis. Oh yeah, the guy with the my legs are too wide, the shoot tap thing. So I'm it's just the most bizarre thing, right, But I'm thinking, oh, I need a prop for this, right, So I said, how about a briefcase where a shoe comes like a leg comes down like a you know, like an actual dress leg and a dress shoe like a Gucci shoe, And I hit a button and it comes down, and I hit another button and it taps and then I come back up. You know, right, I'm thinking, Okay, I'm wish for thinking and it is great, Like no, I what the best part about it is the guy says, I got it.
Speaker 1: I got a shot.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, what kind of shoe? Because I shoe and we can do anything, and it was unbelievable. We did it all all the shows and it was just I remember, I don't know if it's Jay Leno. One of the shows, it was just like, how did you? And I'm like, I don't know. I thought of it. Let me eave a loan. That alone is weird. But the actually to actually really make it was an incredible one. It it went down with one button and another button. It would tap the button to come up, and it was just people like that was great. It was so topical and it was so.
Speaker 4: Have you ever invented anything not for comedy? Like you come up with something that.
Speaker 2: Invent event and probably more than two dozen and three dozen things that have that that have become items that weren't comedy that really am tell us, well, they've never been mine. So that's the sad part of the story because I'm pretty, I'm pretty, I'm not that bright. I'm sure your audience already knows that. So I I you know, I never copywriter a trademarked anything. Where is when I was a young kid. Now that I'm eighty, I think I probably, but I would have there's a And I tried pitching this to Shark Tank only because I had met Mark you and I said, you know, I have all these things that i've you know, you're so clever. And I said, well, I've got about it two dozen that I made that people have stolen, right, So it's like, give me, give me one, I said, I one is And it's very elementary. It's people. A lot of people like toilet paper over the roll and some people like it under. It's literally strange, really split right under people are how many people under? How many people over? People? And they would all whatever I said. So that's why I made this. And it's a toilet paper dispenser, and it's it's so elementary that you'd never realize that there's the role right you want it over, it's over if you want it under a screw and it goes over right, and the crow would go and I would go right, and I go, it's not even funny, but it's it's And people were like, holy well, someone apparently saw me do it on like you know, Regis and Kathy Lear Tonight Show or whatever shows I did, and and even called it the.
Speaker 3: Toilet paper Flipper.
Speaker 2: That's why I made the toy. But there's been one hundreds of them. There was a baseball bat that you'd swing and it would make a crack noise, so it sounded like kids were getting it and has the crack bat. So there's one hundreds of them. Yeah. I had a toilet seat that would light up. Now that's right. How many years we had that? Yeah, I had a you know in the eighties, way before the ag probably well eighties before the eighties, hold on back when I did Jack Parr Show, I had that toilet. I'd have a little button on it and it would light up and so you wouldn't be on the rim and they'd pop. Were like, yeah, it was my closing bed people, you know not.
Speaker 3: And of course then somebody takes it. Man, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: It was my My closing was a bunch of toilet seats. One time it was about ten toilet seas, and comics would make fun of me even to this day, like, yeah, he's a total seat but because I did have a doll tolet seat jokes, but they were but they were solid. I mean, they had one that would hold women's here and they're throwing up. You know, had one was lit up. I had one with a seat belt, so we eat a taco bell. Yeah, so it was like a toilet seat jokes even works, right, I'm like I got another one, like no more toilets.
Speaker 1: Your father was a NASA engineer.
Speaker 2: That crazy, Yeah, that's probably got some of the Maybe I think I might have gotten some of my father's some of.
Speaker 3: The toilet sea stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, like that part of his brain maybe where I create and uh and imagine and think of this stuff. Him being an engineer, I think that I must have gotten that little part. I didn't get anything else, but I got that.
Speaker 3: When did he work I'm sorry, when did he work at NASA?
Speaker 2: Uh? Sixties?
Speaker 3: So like during all the moon landings and everything there.
Speaker 2: Before that he did Gemini, Skylab, Apollo, all the Apollos, and then he ended the shuttle. He was involved in the shuttle.
Speaker 3: This is like my I'm a big space guy, so hearing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was. It was incredible for me. And as a young kid, you don't you don't appreciate as much right when you're that age because you want to go play, ride, your bike, and like, we're going to go to a launch. I don't want to go to a launch, you know, I want to ride my bike. So we're going to go to the astronauts. I don't want to meet astronaut. So you go. You know, did you get to meet the astronauts? Yeah, in shorts and flip flops, you know where you go up and in the zu. Yeah, they walked me in. I'm like, that's an astronaut's you know, yeah, smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 3: See you know, well they're healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there did, just trying to get the last one in. You know, they can't make space. But yeah, no, it was. It was incredible looking back on it. Yeah, my dad, you know, he invented a lot of the things that were involved in the Shuttle. The one in particular was not him himself, a team, but a team of people, just like I have a team of the Beta carrot team. Yeah, that team of people and uh, I'm gonna write that time, but I'm gonna care with a like a rocket team get beta carrots. And so when the shuttle was when they had to take the shuttle on top of the seven forty seven, Yeah, my dad's team was what was the ones that had to come up with the clamp that would hold it onto the shuttle and also release it from the show, so they wouldn't, you know, crash and didn't know if it was gonna release and fly right, So how my dad was so stressed out of course, I'd be like, what are you working on? Is I'm trying to figure out this clamp? But I'm like that sounds like fun? Cool? Yeah, cool da great, good luck? And then it would have happened the night we were all watching it and you know, they didn't know, no one, NASA didn't know. They're all in a room watching it, and I said, okay, really release the shuttle, do you know? Boom and the clamp let go and the shuttle went off and it just went away, and everybody's like that could have been the other way around.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was incredible.
Speaker 1: So you got your inventor brain. I think that little chip maybe from your dad. Where did your stage presence and desire to be on stage?
Speaker 2: From my mom? The stripper? Perfect commendations?
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I got my I got my personality, I'm sure from my mother. My mother was and my dad wasn't not funny. My dad was really funny. But he was funny, you know, just like a joke telling way, you know, old guy the joke, you know, and he would tell him and that, you know, working in the cul de Sac, and I'd sit there listen, I'm telling him, and then I would go tell them and I'd get in trouble to school because I was telling these jokes that were inappropriate for school, but I didn't know they were funny. The driveway, everyone else was laughing. No, did you tell this joke in school today anymore? So?
Speaker 3: Did you always want to be a comedian?
Speaker 2: Then? I mean, going all the way back to I mean, I'm trying to think what age it was. But I would watch like the Tonight Show, and uh, that was it really because it was only three channels, the Tonight Show, and I would I would sneak out and try to watch the Tonight Show. And then when my mom would let me watch it and i'd start, she'd say, you really like the I just love the comedian. With all the comedians that came on, it was just fascinating to me, whether was it with George Carlin or Henny Youngman or Buddy Hackett or whoever was on Don Rickles, all of them. I just was so amazed. I was like, this is so funny. But when you're in that age, you don't think. You just think I want I'm gonna do that, right, not in your age, like I'm going to be an astronaut. Great, then you're like, oh you gotta be smart. Well all right, you think you can just pick whatever profession you want, which nowadays, which kids would just just picked something and stick with it, right, Like, just just want to be something. I always tell young people, you know, you're a lot of you people like I don't know anything. We kind of I think you do. Unless you have, you know, inherit a billion dollars, you probably should find a job.
Speaker 1: Even then, even then, really even just for your mental and if you should.
Speaker 2: Even if you're you're you're a son or daughter of a billionaire, you probably should find something entertain yourself. Besides count cash. It's got something else exactly swimming in your money. Yeah, but yeah, it's important to have something in your life, whether it just be Yeah, but but I did so, I wanted to do it, but I wasn't really honestly, like a class clown, I wasn't really until I got to about thirteen. I would start saying things to my friends like we're on the beach and we had a bonfire in Jacksonville Beach and you know, summer and like thirty of us and we have a bonfire and we're being saved. These cops came out and they said, hey, you know, you can't have a fire in the beach. You got to put it out. And I said to the cop, well, this is the safest place to have a fire on the beach is water and sand. It will then possibly go wrong. And he just looked at me and he's like, you know, take it in the wood, in the woods, and I think they were safe here. And my friends were like that was funny. I'm like, yeah, it was. It was like observational humor. It would just pinpoint things that were like not right, why are we doing this? You know, you know you this door has to be remaining closed all times, and then why have a door? So I write all these things down and they were just stupid, but you and that became my acts and I started, you know, telling the stories.
Speaker 3: Who are your favorite comedians?
Speaker 2: Growing up, we talked a lot about I mean, George Carlin. People always sounds like the same people when people be asking any comic. But it was my era, it would definitely be George Carlin and H Richard pryor uh Gary Shandler. There's so many it's kind of hard to pick this. What's hard to probably if he has a band too, who's your favorite band? I don't know. We got some of our timing from so and so the Stones and who the Eagles. But I did study Carlin's tapes. I mean I would watch his timing and his and we did that you know, a little punch on Hey, you know what, You're an idiot, you know. Uh? And I I still do that in my show. I do that. I do that pop thing. And then I say, I took that from Carlyn, you know, yeah, but uh yeah. And I just kept studying that. And then I went to college and they had an open mic uh whatever you call it, open mic open mic night, and my friend said something like, yeah, you should do that, and I said, oh, I'm go to it. I said, no, being it And I'm like, what am I gonna what? Am I gonna know?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: I play a banjo or something? I said, no, no, go up and tell jokes. I'm like, I don't have a joke. You always have jokes, And so they talked me into it and I went up and I said, I can I be part of this thing? And I was gonna go up and tell some jokes. And I just went up and told joke jokes, you know, yeah, and Joe, you know old joke. You know. It's something like a you know, guy guy and his wife are sitting at the dinner table and her husband says to the wife, listen, you got to start working the street and making some money. We're not doing well. And she's like, oh, for God's sake. So she goes out that night, comes back, husband be like, well, how to go She said, well, I made five hundred and five dollars. He's like, Jesus, who the hell gave you five dollars? She goes everyone. So it was like those kind of jokes and so and that's the one I get in trouble to school, like did you tell the fire?
Speaker 3: And FO.
Speaker 2: They loved it. The kids loved it. It was launch year olds killed in the cafeteria.
Speaker 3: So then how do you get from there to.
Speaker 2: Interesting? It's interesting right because I because well, I'll tell you well, one real quick way route to that is I was doing at the college. I was doing these and it was great. People loved it. Right doing you know Joan, Joanes Rivers jokes, George Carlin jokes, those old jokes. And I went to an actual comedy club in West Palm Beach and I went there and I said, I want to join, you know, the contest they had And I went up there and I did that and she's like, I came off and she's like, that was a joke, right, and said what. She's like, Who's jokes are those? And I'm like, oh, John Rivers, Jones Rush. She goes, oh, so you know they are and I said yeah. She's like, oh, at least you know that you can't do that. These people that are doing the countries are doing you know, they're material. And I was like, oh, I have a reasonal material. I said, I have, I can She said go if you She liked me. She's like, you were like, if you could come up with some original stuff, I would love to think about it and come back. And I didn't have a clue even to start writing a joke, not at one, except I made a joke that I looked like the Wendy's Hamburg girl or something, and that was one joke, right. It was great though. I'd put my hair in pigtails and pull up to Wendy's, Oh my god, she's here, and walk. So I had I had a neighborhood crime watch sign in our dorm that we had stolen one night.
Speaker 3: H I love that, and I just thought.
Speaker 2: I thought, I'm looking at it, and I'm laying in bed, I'm looking at I'm trying to think of jokes. And I said, well, I'll start with that. I'll walk on stage with the sign and I'll say sorry I I was later in the neighborhood and that gets a laugh. And then I said, how good is our crime watch if and not watching their signs? And it killed right. So I went down and told me that, and my Wendy's won and she's like, all right, can you do like like five more minutes of that kind of stuff? And I said sure. I also go still more signs. I literally did. I went around town. I found all these signs that I thought were funny. I see, Oh to God, one said slow children at play And they still have these signs. There's no feet. They don't have any feet. So I said, well one of the slows they're any feet and it would just kill the crowd. So I had all these sign jokes, you know, no train horn between certain hours, says this is the hours we need the horn. You can the daytime you can see, nighttime you can't. And it was just very clever and funny. And then they were like, you know you haven't eyn, I said, I think I've exhausted all the signs. I mean, there was there's another sign in Boca Ratone where my college was. It was called Butt's Road and we stole that one, and I said this, I was driving down Butts Roe where all the assholes load, and it killed you know, but it was Bocas. You know, you can't do that on any other you know, Milwaukee. They're gonna go what I mean, they'll still think it's funny because there's a road called bus Row all the assholes are. And uh so then I had all these signs and all that, and then and then I was just trying to think of another up like and that was that didn't make any of those This weren't my props. There were just visual signs and so I thought, I went to see my grandmother and we were driving and her head didn't go above the seat, right, It's just an old thing. I said, can you see when you drive for him? When she's like yeah? And I thought, there's one. So I got like a ball cap and I put a spring on it and an old lady's head so when you were their head would go above the seats like this, and I would hold like a hula hoop like the steering wheel, and you'd see it would kill. And so about was I'm under you know, I'm under my shtick I got. I got. I got the first one, the lady driving her head above the sea. And then I just started my brain just started thinking that, like, how about a cowboy with the kickstands and when you're drunk you'll fall down. How about a how about a you know, a coffee cup with a you just all started to just like because I kind of had my head, what a formula? You know what's funny about a water bot? You know what's funny about us something? But it had to be something attached to it. It couldn't just be a pun. You know, it's holding a plant up. You know, that's you know, I'm the plant here in that it have to be something with the plant, something, you know, bong with mirrors. You know.
Speaker 3: That was one of my favorites, was the bomb with the whole bunch of bong.
Speaker 2: Wounds, because I played a lot of colleges and so people were like, you know, a more bong.
Speaker 1: Joke, bomb joke skill, Well, you are the first comedian I remember seeing as a child, and it stuck with me forever that it was my favorite joke, and I still have told it a million times. The cup joke with the call waiting and the party line. I remember watching it and being like, this is genius. It's the greatest joke, and I've continued to tell it whenever somebody's like, comedians, you've seen that you love? What have you seen Carra Top's joke.
Speaker 2: With the That was my that's and that's funny. Someone had asked me, well, one day, I remember, now, if there was one prop that I could pick and put it in the Smithsonian or whatever, you know what, Yeah, this is not gonna get that. You're not gonna get this is unless Trump makes that happen. I want to be in the scene. I'll make it, will be and we'll take it. We'll get it done, We'll get the cups. But that was that was the very first prop that I was proud of myself. I mean, the other ones, all right, they're funny that you know, name tag for seven to eleven, employ long name, they're all funny. But that first one that I when I made that cup joke, I just sat there myself and I thought, holy, even like, because I always wanted your peers to let you know, I would say, even Seinfeld, even even you know, Carlanwood would find this clever and funny. Right yeah. And I was at an airport. This was the strangest thing ever. People. I'm walking through Philadelphia Airport and I'm I'm I'm just walking. I see this guy looks like George Carland. He's got like his little notebook and his glasses and his hat. I'm like by like twice, I said, oh God, that's George Carland. And I'm not that guy. I'm not going to walk up to him. And I walked by him three times and finally said, what's the what, what's the worst. He's arny, mean guy, So I just be prepared from tell him to go off right so I just said, excuse me, don't bother. I'm a comic and I just would admire and he says, guard job, and I you know, he's very young.
Speaker 3: I just was.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know me and he's like, he's you know me? How do I not not? You? Like? It was just already funny, right, And I said, I said, all right, you just made my my whole world. He says, now that you didn't listen that cup joke? Can you do swear to god? Wow? I said the cup joke and he goes, yeah, that's genius, dude. I said, oh wow, like thank you, and he's like, how did And it was so great because he's like, how did you how did you come up with that? She said, well, how did you come up with the stuff? Bit right? And he goes all right, guche But it's like I just, you know, I just thought of it, and he probably wouldn't. I wouldn't have thought of anything he's done. You know, thea between baseball and football. I'm on the grid ard, what down are we?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Baseball? Who's up? You know? I know he came up with that. I didn't come up with them. So we had a mutual respect for each other's kind of thought process. And then he started asking me like, how do you how do you right, do you come up with the joke or proper? First? Do you see something? So it was great and then became a good friend after that week. You know, so that was surreal becoming tapes at the house when I was like eight years old, and then you're you're chatting with him, so.
Speaker 3: Well, were you? I mean, were you the first?
Speaker 4: You're like, you started kind of your own sub section of comedy by being a prop comic.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, there's been prop comics prior to me. It was just the style that I did was different. I mean, there's been a lot of people that did puns and visual props h but as a just a stand up comic with is a different style. It's in fact, South Park, they ripped on me. Everybody rips on me. You know you made it? Yeah, well, I mean they kind of. I mean, but this is a kind of an example of how. So they called me, they said, we're doing this thing. You you know, you want to be the voice for it. So I'm thinking, well, of course I want to be the voice for it, right, you know, they have I have a Gilbert godfre you do my voice? I like, you got that thing? So I said, uh, all my impressures are the same. By the way, I can't do it. I can't do so I I, uh, where are we talking about? Against South Park? I said, they call and they said you want to be the voice for it? So I said, I said absolutely please, and they sent the script and it was like, oh man, like it was just it was, well, one, they're ripping on me. That's fine. I get They're ripping on me. That's part of being you know, economic. I get that. I mean, I live in this magic castle and I'm as mirrors and this eight of me and down in the hallway and the eight caratal whatever. But he came across this prop and this thing, and I was like, God, this is can we change like I go on the phone, I mean literally, and I said, can we change the the just I don't mind the just the one prop? He said, what do you mean the prop? I said that the saw with glasses on it. And he's like, oh, that's no, it's hilarious. I said, no, it's it's not. And I'm talking to like thirty people that are brilliant and I'm like, no, it's not it's not funny. I mean to me, it's not funny because it's it's a sea saw. I said, I don't like puns. Oh look look at sea saw. So I'm like, can we do like my cup joke or do you know anything? And they were like, well, we could, but I think that's the whole joke. I said, oh, I get it because you're making fun of the fact that but I come up with this stupid and he's like, no, no, no, We've already animated it. I said, no, that means you want me to look like a fool in it, right, And then I thought, okay, what am I going to say no to South Park? So I agree to do it. Even in the when I'm reading it, I'm like, it's a sea saw. Get it. I'm like, uh, I'm going to go hang myself, right, And they were so happy that I did it, and then like every day someone walk up me, oh Sea sauce, I'm like, maybe they were right right, you know, it's like one of those things like you just wanted to show what you do is a different, a little different than an easy joke like that cup one was not a pun. It was an invention. So it's kind of like hard to anyone that doesn't care top thing will always do that upun Like, hey, I'm three sheets to the wind and you're like, Okay, that's not not what you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting, But only certain people that know, like, Okay, now I get it. You're right, that's not what you do. But I mean, so the general person who see a prop comment, oh, you just hold up a broom and look, I'm you know, flying.
Speaker 1: I mean, but the real last laugh is a forty year career for you are still selling out shows all over the place, two hundred and forty shows a year. This year marks your twentieth anniversary of your Luxor residency, and you made the decision to commit to Vegas long before it was the popular thing to do. Absolutely what made you decide to make the move, Well, it.
Speaker 2: Was it was a long, really short and long process. I had, I had done, always been on the road and I was I did Regis and again is dating myself Regis and Catholic. Yeah, there's no Regis. He was one of the best.
Speaker 4: We all did too, by the way, Yeah, he was the best.
Speaker 2: And he never understood that I'm not I told this the other day. I would do the show and he would just he first couple of years I did it. I mean he would he would just of course laugh and be a fan. But we went to a commercial break when Tommy where we came back and I did a couple more and he says, he says to me and the god he says character, I was crazy. Heyes, where do you find all this stuff? And I said, what do you mean find?
Speaker 3: What do you know?
Speaker 2: What do you find it? And I said, well, I make it? And he was just dead serious. He was like, you make it? And I said, you know, don't find a cowboy but with a kickstand on it. You got to make like right. He says, oh, so you find you make the thing? I said, yeah, I find a cowboy boot and then I add a joke to it. I put the.
Speaker 4: Kicks in rights.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah. He had no, he just didn't know. And then then he gave all that really respect back. The next day he's like, and he makes all that stupid. So I had done the show and I did really well. I came off and I was putting all my stuff away and this old guy came over and says, man, it was unbelievable. I've never seen anything like that. I said, oh, thanks. He says, uh, you must kill in Vegas. And I said, I've never been to Vegas. He says, come on, you've never been to Vegas. You are Vegas. And I said, I've never been to Vegas. He said, if I book you in Vegas, will you take the gig? And I said no, No, I said, I said sure, and he said they called. They called my people and they said, we got you at Bally's Casino in the little comedy club there for the weekend. And it was Kathleen Gifford's manager who thought I should be playing. And they, of course they were always big Vegas in Atlantic City and all that. So they put me this little room for Friday Saturday night. And again going back to what you're saying or about Vegas, it was like it was just it's a different crowd, right, and I'm really young and I'm used to doing you know, little you know louder. The South Club's screaming and they're wearing caratoms. It was just a different kind of all and so they said, we're going to move to the main room.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The week was there Friday Saturday. And then they said we're gonna move to the main room Saturday Sunday. This is great, and they put me in this big room. Now I had more props than there were people in there, and I was just terrified. This stage is bigger than life. And so I had my little prop trunks and I said, I gotta go to the I gotta go to the Target Walmart and get like stage stuff, like I put tapestries and tables and couches and chairs and lamps, just to give it a set of something because it was so I was so naked up there and this little teeny thing. And so anyway I did, I did. It was horrible. I hated. I hated to hate it so bad. I went back on the road. I was like, oh god, you know, I out of Vegas. Thank God, I mean, thank you for giving me the opportunity, but it's not my thing. And then the MGM grand had called and said do you want to and I said no, I ride away. I said no, I don't want Vegas is not my thing. And we went there for a weekend in that room and then it was like three years later we had signed a thing and then you know, a year, and then three, and then finally we were doing We weren't doing full residencies like I'm doing here. It was in and out. It was like two weeks at a time, and then go to colleges and clubs and theaters and come back to m gym. And then finally I was starting to you know, I really liked the room. I'm like, yeah, they rede my things. I said, yeah, instead of doing eight weeks, they wanted to do twelve or fourteen weeks. I said, this is great. And then David Coppfield came in and wanted the room, and I said, well, he's going to make me disappear. Copperfield caratop and so I I went. I said to my you know people, I said, I wish I'm just starting to get the hang of this Vegas thing. I wish it was a room now. I said, it was one of the lux or we can go look at it. So we went over one night and looked at it and it was just the perfect little room. And we did a year there and then we did an hour We're twenty and it was one of the things. Now I would never change in the world. This is I don't think I know how to do anything outside Vegas.
Speaker 3: Man, that's incredble.
Speaker 2: Road shows are still fun and exciting because it's a different energy and different you know, people have waited to see you and they you know, they have their We had people last night was great, these kids and had painted their faces orange and they had orange wigs and they call the Orange Man Group. And so it's fun fanatics, you know, like parrot heads and dead heads. We have carrot heads, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Talking about your hair, you and I have something in common in the fact that you've never been combed. You it is hard to go out and not be I'm pretty recognizable as well, and so is it. Do you ever get to go anywhere and feel like you get to be any in any way? Anonymous?
Speaker 2: No, not really, but you know, you kind of you kind of munch. I don't know. There's a day where you just you're you're it's that and then you just realize, oh, yeah, like I forget you probably do. I'll go into a subway to get a sandwich. I'm like, oh, I'm caring, Like oh dude, and You're.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, oh right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I mean, you know, there's sometimes it's fine It's nice when people do, but there's been times I'm like, listen, you guys are getting way too excited for me, and I'm just care there's there's big like when you know in La they always have the papaat to outside stores and restaurants and whatnots, and every time you go there, there always there are more back then than they are now. They would just kind of camp out and I'd walk in or out and they're just you know, the hordes, and they're just like you know, and I'd always say the same thing this you you didn't wait here for me?
Speaker 3: Right here for me?
Speaker 2: I mean you are you do know that Jennifer Anderson is inside in fred Siegel. They're not here for me. There was a Jonas brother one time inside there was like thousands of people out there. I said, he's coming, he's coming out gone. I saw him in there too. Did you say anything to you? Well, you know, I know, I didn't say that you the genants bread, I did not say it.
Speaker 1: I used to live down the street from Black China and people would sit outside and then I'd walk out there and then they'd talk to me and I'd be like, guys, I know that you were just you're waiting.
Speaker 3: For her, you know, you don't need to talk to me that Scott. People like, what are you guys doing here? Like Scott Bay all right?
Speaker 2: Well. There were always weird questions too about something that, what what do you think about the you know, I don't know. I don't I'm not the you know, I don't have a one not I don't know. Never say anthing politics political wise, but just in general, like what do you think about you know, so comic they did something. I'm like, I don't know. I didn't see it. Like Dave Chappelle's thing was a lot of contrary. What do you what's your take on that? I said, well, I haven't seen it. I don't know what. I don't know what it is. If I saw it, I could probably comment. But what do you think about? I said, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: I've seen it, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't give you anything, and I haven't seen it, right exactly. Showed it two on your phone right now, then I can comment. He said, okay. Then he showed it on his phone. I said, oh, all right, yeah, you know, what do you think she done that? I'm like, well, it's his it's his decision to do it. So what do I think about it? I think it's funny. I think what I do it probably not I mean a carrat Top doing it probab when I get away with it. Dave Spelle probably could get away with it. And they're like, oh, right on. It's like, but you got to give me the thing first. The guy was kind of shocked. Oh okay, oh you want to know what you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: A little right, a little bit? Yeah, just you brief me.
Speaker 3: Have you ever done that with one of your props?
Speaker 4: Have you ever gone this is talking tom, but like you create something You're so far.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 4: It's not you, it's me, it's probably you. But have you ever done that made a proper You're like, no, this is too far.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yes, props and jokes you know, stand up, we sit back to stay like, oh man, you're not going to do that. No, I'm not going to do that. But that's pretty good. But I've written some for other people that I've given to because I'm like, it's not a carrat Top joke, you know, it's a specific joke, and and you know, once in a while, very rarely, someone will come out I got a carrat top joke. I'm like, not often. It's usually like some kind of stupid thing. It's a sea saw. Oh yeah, right, do people do bring me stuff like that. They'll bring me a whole bunch of like crap, and they'll say, one guy really did what I mean, went out of his way to I hope you're not watching, but this guy sent me a whole bunch I mean, all in a box and each note and the thing and how to just how to say it, and every one of them was that. It was like a seesaw, all right, a headache. It was like a head of the I'm like, oh, I was like, there's gotta be one in your good No, not even even get a premise, you know, may even get a good prop Oh I got a head. I got a good head. We got we got when we start with the head of something. But you know, it's like head count and had I had a head and a calculator. Here's a head count, like Laura. But Louis Andrews said, well, we got at least we got a free calculator. I mean, right, that alone is or something.
Speaker 1: We obviously talk a lot about the nineties on our podcast, and you are now our second guest who has appeared on Star Search. What you remember from competing on the show.
Speaker 2: I tried to drug myself up on enough not to think about it. I was so the the the first surefire winner for Stars win that doing that. When I was they asked me to be on it. It was like every comic of the world, everywhere I went, every club and they say, no, you know, why are you you just you're winning the thing? Why why were we even doing this? So I get there and everyone's like, it's car top, He's gonna win the whole thing. And I lost the very first round. I mean literally the very first round. And I and I and that was my ace stuff, you know, like all my good stuff. And it was like, yeah, I do a thing in the show. It's it's it's it really is funny because people don't know. I you know how many years ago I was on Stars and half a Crown was like, no things, you know, it's a I made it. No, it's no, it's real, it's real. And it was just it's so cute to this day and I watch it and I showed in the show and says, you know, uh you Cara Top the challenger gets two and a quarter stars, you know, and Bob Zay, who's a good friend of mine, it gets, you know, two and three quarter stars and my head. I look, I can see my head and the thing I look up like that, I wintered.
Speaker 3: Did I leave?
Speaker 2: And I always say it was a quarter more than the third but like, and it's just I'm being honest, head third and everybody laughs. I'm like Jesus, but it's true. And I say, you know, nowadays they just say you're voted off the island. I mean, I think about Stoma, right. So it was, it was. It was a fun experience. I mean, for sure of it. It was so long ago, my goodness, Ed McMahon, Yeah, stars stars.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Well, it has built a bit of a cult following over the years.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The viral clip of Norm McDonald's kind of poking fun at Courtney thorn Smith on Conan, Uh, did stuff like that kind of like that Norm joke? Bother you did it ever get to you know?
Speaker 2: The reason that one didn't even more than any other ones is because we had already made that joke on the set. So when we were the very first day of filming, we said this chairman was sleeping over at the craft services and I said, it's called chairman of the board, not bored. Oh, so we already had that stupid joke. I thought. What was more mean was what her I'm a comic. I can take it. I mean, you know the fact that he and the more he ripped on me was like, it's funny, I'm a comic, and they couldn't believe that I was in a movie. And then I wasn't doing props in a movie, like and she was like, he can act, he's a he's you can watch it. It's I feel so bad for her because she's just defending me the whole time, just like he's a great guy, Like, oh, come on, no, he's great, and he comes to the works, he studies, he does his work, he knows his lines, and he's jerming and he's he's you know, he worked so hard and they're like, oh what you know, coma and she's I felt so bad for her, and she was just like, you know, she could have said, she could have cut it off and said, okay, apparently you guys don't like him. I liked him. What's the next question? But she just kept going and they kept going, and I just said for her. I felt bad, but I could care that. I mean, jesus, I knew norm normal, I knew each other, you know, and that was norm No, no, no, normally. I didn't like anybody that was that was his shick. I mean, he was picked on everybody, and that was what made it great. Well, you are.
Speaker 1: Often referred to as one of the nicest guys in comedy.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: So my question for you is, can you tell us the meanest thing you've ever done? Oh God, what have you ever done? Anything?
Speaker 2: Mean? I mean in my career, in my career life, in my personal life. I'm a real when I'm carrots off, I'm sweet.
Speaker 1: Give us the worst thing.
Speaker 2: I don't have a lot of meaning me. I'm trying to think my system. Probably he knows his head spinning.
Speaker 1: Let me bring out the list.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But there's something that really has been just rotten that I felt horrible about, horribly about doing. I mean, I always stop for people. Even you're missing a flight. You're like, dude, I'm I got two minutes to get to my gate. No, I know, but my daughter really loves you and needs a picture. I'm like, okay, but I'm gonna miss my playing. Yeah, No, I I don't know. I I know. I mean I try to be like I don't. I put I do things to be stupid fun like, but I don't. I don't think. I try not to be mean in any way with anybody, my crew, even my crew. You know, I have the same crew for forty years. We're you know, we're a family, and it's a it's a team. You know. It's not me up there, it's everybody up there. It's the sound guy, the video guy that yeah you know, not so much the lighting guys. They're not anybody is you know. It's a team of people that put together a show over night. So it's important. It's not just you.
Speaker 1: You know, if you didn't end up being this successful of a comedian, what do you think you would have done for a living?
Speaker 2: I would have won one of the Backstreet Boys if I had. You know, I'm from Orlando. I knew them when they were literally boys, Yeah in sync. All those guys all from Orlando, I knew. I knew all of them. Brittany's and they're just little kids. I used to open up for the Mickey Mouse Club and talk about a hell gig. Not not the kids. No, we just you know, they put you in a in you know, a little studio. It's like, you know, thirty people and they're just you know, it's two in the afternoon and you're like, hey everybody, and the kids like, what with your hair? You know. I think I did it like two times and I said, this is a bomb with rearview, but this is yeah, this is yeah. I was like, this is not for me. I'm like no, but it's a great platform for suicide. Yes, it was a great music. Do you listen to soft jazz? Yeah, yeah, I listened to. I like rock and roll, I like country music. Yeah, you like soft jazz? Yeah. I'm pretty musical. I love music of any types, almost all types. I can't not hear anything. I bat my foot to it. It's good. I don't I don't really have it. But I mean, if I had to pick, you know, after the show up on country or rock and roll, probably, but then I like listen to you know, Neil Diamond or Berry Man. I mean, I get in the carpenters of the movie like, what are you listening to the carpenters? Like, can you put us to sleep? Morning after the show? With the carpenters, I'm like, it's great music.
Speaker 3: It's great music. She's one of the greatest drummers ever. Be right, yea, truly. So what is the best act you've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen in Vegas? Wow? Well, I don't again one thing about that. I don't get a chance to go out a lot because I'm doing a show. So now I get done with the show, the shows are all over, and then on Sunday, no one normally has a show, So I don't get a lot of a lot of opportunity to see. But I've seen some, you know, I've seen the all the circu shows that unbelievable. We saw Elton's Rodgerster and one of them, I'll tell you, the Rod Stewart was pretty fascinating to me because it's Rod Stewart and he you know, he's he has this thing too. He's kind of, you know, not a nice guy, but he's that's at least you hear sometimes there. And I have a guy in l A that drives him around. He's he doesn't he has nice stories to tell about him watching the show at Caesars, and it's like, is it little Caesars? And uh, and he sold it out. It's a little Caesar. I can sell. I can sell a little Caesars. See that's how they get you. They don't tell you the fine print, Caesars, little Caesar fine print. So so uh, he's up there doing it, you know, you know, lay everything. He's just doing all of his hits and he just he's start. Everyone's got cameras out, everybody, the whole you know, it's our dead area. And he says, and people the security is trying to get them to stop filming, and there's you know, three thousand people. You can't stop. When he comes on the mic, he says hey, he says, hey, mate, you know, if they want to, if you want to film the show, film the show man, do whatever you want here. You film me dance. You want to come up here and dance and sing with me, come on, dance and sing with me. I'm watching and I'm thinking, Wow, he didn't just say that, like he said that to be a joke. Jeff, were you with me? Two thirds and two thirds a third of the crowd went on stage, amazing and he sang and danced with him. Geez has arms around him singing. This song was over. He goes, all right, now you you go go sit down there. They all came up and it was just in kind of a cool moment because it always like no and get back and secure. He was like, come on mate, and they just came. Yeah. It was pretty pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Man, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: That was a cold, cool moment. You know, the big ones Elton John Shni twenties have all been Schneike Twain. We actually came. She came to my show. It was kind of funny because she's like, don't announce her. She doesn't want to be announced. And I said, okay, you know, I don't want to undo that to anybody. And I do the same way. I go out and give shots a booze into the audience and I go out and she's the first one standing there trying to get a shot. I said, how great is that? Right?
Speaker 1: Finally looking back, Yes, if you could go back in time and talk to young Carrot Top on his first night in Vegas. Let's say your first night at the lux Or twenty years ago, not your first night in Vegas, but your first night at the lux Or twenty years ago. What would you tell him, if you could give him a piece of advice, what would you tell him?
Speaker 2: Do it all different? Seriously, run away, I think about you, run away, think about it, think about this. Well, at that point I had already been kind of getting into I don't know, I committed to the lux Or pretty and I and I was really not. The president of the hotel had called me a little I was boarding a plane and he said, never met him. He said, scutie and I said yeah. I said hell. He says, you know, I'm offering. I want to offer you the headline gig at the lux Or. And I was like oh, I said oh wow. I said, well, I'm getting on a plane. I'll call you back when I land. He's like, no, you don't, you don't. You don't get on a plane. I'm asking you want to be the headline of the Luxor. You don't. You pretty much answered that like right away, you don't like And I said, well, I got to think about it. And I remember, like the longest flight, I'm thinking, oh, I might not have done the right thing by saying no. I didn't say no. I just said I don't know if I don't know yet. And then I landed and I said, you know, I'm really kind of apprehensive about being a full time I just, you know, I don't want to do it. And he was like, you got to do it. I mean, dude, you're the only guy that there's no other person at the lux or is you. And I said again, now I'm more stressed out, like I don't I don't want to be the face of the property. But then finally I caved in. I said, all right, we'll do We'll do you know, a year, and we did a year, and then then there was like do another year in this sit out, another year and three more, I'll do three. It was a five years, then five and now it's like, oh, I hope they give me to the five. So yeah, it was it was a hard decision to make them believe it or not because I was just used to being out on the road and doing a different thing than Vegas. So I was kind of scared to take it, but also excited to take it. I think the first show ever, though, that's a different story. You know, that first time on stage kind of thing. That's the craziest one because everyone has probably done. You know when you say I'm actually gonna go up and be it, like try to be a comedian. Yeah, terrifying, like, oh my god, what am I doing. And there's a show called kill Tony that I just did in a big popular show. And the concept that show is they have these young comics come out and you sit there and you kind of you know, they would prefer you to more like rip them and kind of because it's and I said to the same thing. I said, you know, I got to turn the thing down. I don't. I don't. I'm not the mean guy. I'm not the critic. I'm not the guy out there going you know, you suck you because I'm Caratop. I'm the one that's been They're coming from me. So I said, you know, I'll do it, but I'm gonna I'm gonna be nice, and they said, no, you don't have to be you don't have to be mean, just be you. So it was it was like the comics will come out there right and there they're literally you know it's that it's you, like so so I I just started at you know, and you're like watching him and they get done, and you know, you know, they come over and you know, Tony will say something like you know, and I would instead of making fun of my say is is that thing battery operator? Just to make funny? He say no, No, I said no, I'm kidding, you know. But it was great. You did, you know, great. But it's fun watching that, you know, because this day going back to me having to do that. Lord. So it's like you know in comics say you know, I'm thinking about being a comic. I go, we'll do it, but you know.
Speaker 1: Think about it, have a plan, b maybe think about it. Well, we have been so honored that you agreed to come on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for here with us. A lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you for taking the time to talk with us.
Speaker 2: No appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Have been such an admirer of yours, truly for so many years, So thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You appreciate that. All you guys, thank you. Thank you and your whole staff here very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's everybody here is the best. We surround ourselves with good people like you do.
Speaker 2: They're a listening crowd.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram, Pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com and we've got merch who gave you five dollars pod meets Worldshow dot com. We'll send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all. Pod dismissed.
Speaker 4: Pod Meets World is Notheart podcast hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeats World Show or email us at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com