Speaker 1: All right, welcome to the podcast everybody, thanks for being here. Got ant man with me. Yeah, always good to see you.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: We are answering questions from people, and you were actually produced this show, and so you're the one fielding a lot of these questions. If anyone wants to ask something, you email podcast at grangersmith dot com and we'll get to it and put it in the queue. And it could be about anything. And I like to say that we answer as though we're just riding down the road on a road trip in the truck and you say, you know, you know what I've been thinking about lately? Can I run something by you? And that's how we answer, And I say it in that way because usually we don't. We're not thinking about this for days. These questions I have here literally i've not even ever I've never seen them in my life. I haven't even read them at all. I'm just trusting that you're not giving me something I can't handle well.
Speaker 2: And I pick them to hear your answers to be honest, and a lot of times and then now like oh well now you have to you have to come up with a little something too. Anthem.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right, because you're in on this too, I might just say I don't know, defaulting to you. Okay, So, but what I want to talk about first, it's not one of these questions. It was a It was a post. Now, every morning I post a Bible verse from my morning reading something that sticks out to me in some way, interesting, catches my attention, thought provoking, encouraging for me, rebuking for me. Those are all the reasons I might post something. And then most of the time I'll say a little caption with it, and it's just a thought with the Bible verse, commentary, little commentary. So this week I did one that said how does God show his love to you? And I think maybe that'll be the title of this video. God may not show his love to you in the way that you think he does something like that, because then I went on to say one specific way, and that way is in first John for nine.
Speaker 2: This is fascinating.
Speaker 1: It says, hang on, I'm not even gonna say what it says. I'm not gonna go to first round four nine yet. Instead, I'm gonna tell you what. People replied with, oh okay, as if they didn't read it, And that's not a knock on them. It's just more of an awareness that I don't think people are completely seeing what I'm saying all the time, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm not either.
Speaker 1: But once again, the question is how does God show his love to you. That's a question that I'm putting out to people listening right now, and you could kind of be answering in your mind. How does Scott shows left to you? The Bible says how he does. But be thinking right now, because here's here's what one person said instantly on my Instagram. They replied, quote so many ways one special way, and showing his is showing us his wonderful world. I've seen a large butterfly chasing a hummingbird away from an and cathos bush, also a young dove when trying to land do a somersault. The list goes on and on and on. That was from Instagram. I got one today on X and it says I'm working in an emergency school today doing HVACT work, and while waiting to get a door unlocked, a line of children were walking by with their teacher, and a child that's a complete stranger just stepped out of line to just to say hello to me and give me a hug. Smile once again. These are two I got many, many, many many on social media, people answering how does God show his love to you? And they're all saying these ways that are God's grace. But the Bible is going to tell us that he specifically shows his love in one way. And it's fascinating. If we don't catch this, if we don't get this, we're in a lot of trouble because before we're reconciled to God, we're enemies to him. Sure, we cannot please him. In fact, the only we get oxygen and we get a beat in our heart, and we get rain on the crops, and we get sunshine on our skin only by common grace. But he's withholding his judgment. I mean, that's just a common graceful mercy that he has on us now while he's withholding judgment that he will unleash and judgment day because he is not happy with the rejection of him. And so there is only one way to be united with him, to be reconciled to him, to be brought to him, meaning there's only one way he could love you. First John four nine, in this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only son into the world that we might live through him.
Speaker 2: And this is love.
Speaker 1: Not that we have loved God, but that He loved us and sent his son to be the propituation or the substitute for our sins. This is fascinating and it's the gospel. Let me read the whole little perkipe here, which is the whole little paragraph. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God. And whoever it loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who is does not love does not know God. Because God is love. And this is the love of God made manifest among us, that God sent his only son into the world that we might live through him. God loves us through his son Jesus. He sin his son. When we have rebelled against him, we have rejected him, we have turned our backs on him. We have seen God in things of this earth, and things that are made by human hands, and things that we have made idols, including our children and our spouses, and our careers and our dreams and our hopes and our jobs, and all the things that we have around us. And the butterflies in the air and the dove doing somersaults, and we say, look, there's God, and God goes. You are rejecting me unless you receive my son, who I'm sending to replace your sins, to be the substitute or the words is propituation in the Bible, to become a substitute for you. That he died on the cross so that I could be just, and I could put my anger and my wrath onto him so that he could take your place. And that's how I show love to you through the sun that went way over everybody's head. That's why I wanted to do it on this podcast because even to me, I read that, I read that in my morning reading, and I go, oh, thank you God for your son and because of the sun, because we're reconciled to God, because we could have peace with God in that way, then we could look at the dove doing somersaults. Then we could look at the little kid that comes up and hugs us, and then we could love outwardly toward the world as an overflow that we were loved first. And if we don't have the sun, then seeing the dove do somersaults is only a temporary love that we'll have, but it will go away.
Speaker 2: And there's only I mean, because we're only saved by him. He loved us while we were sinners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Romans five eight. He loved us while we were still sinners. Christ died for us. So that is it is interesting that no one and once again I'm not this is not a blame thing, but no one replied and said, because of Jesus. That's how I know I'm loved by God, because he sent his son to die in my place, the death that I should have died.
Speaker 2: No one said that I should have replied.
Speaker 1: And technically I put the answer in the question. Here's my whole post. I said, how does God show his love to you one specific way? In this the love of God has made manifest among us. That God sent his only son into the world that we might live through him verse John four to nine.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating stuff, yeah, it really is. And simple too, sometimes so simple that it's hard, like, oh, we got to complicate this up a little bit, and it can't be as simple as one man doing, you know, carrying the burden of everybody's everybody include me. I don't know, maybe it needs to be a little bit more than that, and we all to speak from me. I cloud that up and have for so long. Oh, it's got to be a little bit more. Maybe there's a little more that I need to do. The more I read, the more that that gets deduced. Okay, it's a little note. It's less. That's right again again, and you're like, oh, it's one thing that's right.
Speaker 1: I would encourage anybody to go read first John chapter five. It's pretty short, it's pretty simple. It's it's it is.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Chapter four. It is.
Speaker 1: Known as being the love chapter.
Speaker 2: God is love, which is.
Speaker 1: Typically, typically and wrongly, the only way that he's known to some people.
Speaker 2: What is God to you? They say love, which is.
Speaker 1: Amen and correct. But that's not all that he is. He's also just. He's also holy. He's also great and good and merciful. He's also a God that will judge according to his perfect standard, which we all fall short of.
Speaker 2: Boy, I'm reading through, you know, reading through the Bible again this year, and right now I'm in He finished up Exodus and Leviticus. Often, I don't I don't hear a lot of preachers going, hey, we're gonna we're gonna spend the month of May going through Leviticus. Yeah, because it's a lot of repetition, it's a lot of rules, And if I give up on reading every single word, I can't imagine, like how hard it would be to have to keep up with every single thing that you have to do. If you if you have a sore on your arm, here's everything that you need to do to make sure that you're clean. Yeah, can you do it? Yeah? No, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And for anyone listening right now, for anyone listening to go, I don't. I just don't like when Granger talks like that. It starts to sound like that old fire and brimstone stuff. I mean, why can't we just say first, John four is about God is love. God is Love, And I say, okay, listen to this. This is in the same chapter. By this, it says, by this is Love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment because as he is also, because as he is, so also are we in this world. So basically he's saying, you have confidence in the day of judgment because if you're in Christ, he sees you as perfect because he sees the sun and you're in the Sun, and you and the Sun are united in that relationship. And how do you say, how do you do that? Well, he says verse thirteen, And this we know that we abide in him, and he is in us, because he has given us his spirit. And we have seen and testified that the Father has sent the son to be to be the savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the son of God, God abides in him, and he and God. It's all right here. This is just one chapter of many beautiful chapters in the Bible. But first John chapter four. I'd invite anyone just to look through that and see so that you could finally answer, how does God love you one specific way?
Speaker 2: The understanding of judgment that he does do that, that God does judge, God has this fury only amplifies the love even more.
Speaker 1: It does because he certainly didn't have to no.
Speaker 2: No, and makes it for me also, it makes it that much more important of Jesus sacrifice. Yeah, and picking one way to make atonement, Yeah, this is the this is I'm going to make it really easy for you. This is the one way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There is another verse about one way that's very famous by the same apostle, and that is on three sixteen, for God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not.
Speaker 2: Perish, but have eternal life.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting if you think about the implications of what that verse, the very famous John three sixteen means. It also means that God loved the world so much that he gave his only son, but he did not love the world enough for you to reject him. And that is controversial. People hear that and go, you're adding words, Granger, No, I'm not verse seventeen for God to not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. The world was already condemned. You see the world. He didn't send Jesus into the world to condemn it because it was already condemned. So he sent Jesus into the world for one purpose, to reconcile centers back to himself. It's so important for us to see these things, and it's so important for us to see John three thirty six, who says whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. Whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life. But the wrath of God Rema aims on him, remains means it's already on you. It wasn't, it didn't, it didn't just get there. The wrath of God remains on you if you don't have the Sun to save you from this world, because the world's already condemned. God so loved the world he gave his only son. He did not He did not love the world enough for you to reject the sun. That's all right here, and all the implications of John three and John first, John four, Ah, it's just like reading to the Bible is like just unlocking treasure after treasure after treasure, and it becomes clear and clear, and then you start seeing the world has distorted these ideas for so long so that we could be just happy and content in our disobedience.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, yeah, I'm fine where I am.
Speaker 1: I'm fine where I am. God loves me. I know God, I know all this, I'm doing all these wrong things. I know that I've rejected God. But I just saw today a dove do a summersault, and that reminded me God loves me.
Speaker 2: That scary stuff that is scary, and maybe even I'll be honest, maybe even more scary than the actual wrath itself. Not knowing, you know, being misled and that that is coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not knowing, not knowing that it's coming. Even though you heard this. If you're listening to this podcast right now, you're already you're already in trouble because now you have been you know, you know you've heard it. You can't you can't face judgment and go I didn't know, He'll say, Granger Smith podcast episode you Reward. You were told man, and Granger told you that day. Yeah, this is fascinating stuff. Once again, this is this is the reason I didn't even say the names of the people on this social media. It is just because I once was that. I can't say that enough. This isn't something I was born with. I just knew the gospel. I went for a long time in the wilderness not knowing these things. And most of you that listened to this podcasts, a lot of you knew me before then, So you knew the Granger that rejected God, that said that he knew him, that acted like I was a Christian on the through my mouth, but it was it wasn't in my heart. It was just lip service. Nothing in my actions reflected that. So when I say, hey, you people you're saying this, just just know the presupposition to that is that I was once that person. That's how I could recognize it even better.
Speaker 2: Seeing Yeah, when.
Speaker 1: I first started podcasting, I didn't read a single ad that wasn't part of my radar. When I first started music, I didn't think I was gonna have an online store either. Now the music's gone, I gotta have something to pay the bills. And so it's crazy that ee Apparel is what does that And the way that that store is powered is through Shopify. Shopify is the global commerce platform that helps you sell at every stage of your business. That could launch with you at the very beginning and you're really small, and they can grow with you until you're really big, and it doesn't matter what you're selling. You can be selling whatever nick knack you want to sell, like we sell ee Apparel, and you could do that with Shopify. Shopify helps turn your browsers into buyers, with the internet's best converting checkout thirty six percent better on average compared to the other leading commerce platforms, and you could sell more with less effort thanks to Shopify Magic, your AI powered all Star Listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know about this technical stuff. I don't know how to run an online store. I just know how to put out a product and be creative and say what do our people want? And during hunting season coming up this fall, let's get them this kind of hat and this kind of shirt. As far as how are they going to use their how are they going to check out and use their credit card.
Speaker 2: To get it? I don't know about that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's why we rely on Shopify. And it's not just US. Ten percent of all e commerce in the US uses Shopify, and they're also in one hundred and seventy five other countries. Plus Shopify's award winning help is there to support your success every step of the way, because businesses that grow grow with Shopify up for a one dollar per month trial period at shopify dot com slash granger all lower case. Go to shopify dot com slash granger right now to grow your business no matter what stage you're in shopify dot com slash Granger. If you want to get a hold of me, go to Cameo dot com slash Grangersmith and I could send you a video message made right here on my phone. Whatever you want me to say, Happy Birthday, Happy anniversary. It's a great way for you and I to stay in contact and to get someone a gift that might seem to have everything. Hey, get them a gift at cameo dot com slash Grangersmith. All right, back to the questions here. If you have a question for me, email podcast at grangersmith dot com. We'll put it in the queue. Ant Man has some prepped and ready to go right here. This first question comes from Tristan. It says, Hey, Grainger, my name is Tristan, and I want your advice on what I should do. I'm in high school right now, but the intentions we have is to stay together for the long run. This is a relationship.
Speaker 2: It's not a girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, the girl. It's very beautiful and makes me happy, but our religious belief don't align. She believes in Mormonism. Well, I am a Baptist Christian and I do not think the teaching of Mormonism is true. I would like for me and this girl to have a relationship based around God, but that would be difficult considering we have different beliefs. I'm planning on talking to this girl for a while. I plan on talking to this girl for a while, but I think about what will happen if we have a future together. Thanks for your advice. Okay, Tristan, great question, and you're not alone. This is something I see quite a bit. Actually, I have a good friend right now who has a son in this situation. He went to school in Salt Lake City and met a girl, fell in love, and then sorted recognizing that they had a different what LEDs Church calls it Christianity, So they have this boy realized they had a different vers urson as they had some conversations. So what do you do, Tristan. I think we could do an entire podcast on this. We could do a five minute answer to this, which one are you? We could dig deep on this. We could focus on the LDS Church, or we can focus on whatever your beliefs are, the Baptist Church. Tristan, I believe, I believe we should probably take a light stroke to this because, like I said, it could be an entire episode. It is now twenty twenty. We talked about this last week on the podcast. The great thing about living in twenty twenty is that things ideas could no longer be hidden like they used to be.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four, back to COVID. That's why I'm glad you're on the podcast. It's twenty twenty four. I thought you were going back in time.
Speaker 1: It's now twenty twenty for thank you. If you weren't here, I would just keep going. The good thing about living now in this modern age, I should just leave it at that is that we have the ability to fact check and to cross reference, and to look at things that aren't protected. What you and I have talked about this with Islam is that Islam is no longer protected by.
Speaker 2: The walls of the mosque. That used to be.
Speaker 1: Ideas and doctrine stayed within the walls of the mosque. And now with modern technology and modern communication, is these ideas get outside of the walls. People could then go fact check, and then people could actually see for themselves. Hang on a second, I don't think that's historical. And so these questions arise, and it arises in Productism, it rises in Catholicism, in the LDS Church, it arises in every organized religion in a good way. So as as a Protestant, I want to make clear that I say bring on all your doubts, bring on all your conspiracies, bring on all your skepticism. I love it. I love that. I don't feel offended by it. If someone says anything about my church. I'm from the Southern Baptist denomination. That's where I'm That's where I align as far as Baptism and church membership and and are are the Protestant ideals that But that that doesn't mean. That doesn't mean that I only believe in the Baptist idea. I think, I think the Presbyterians have great ideas outside of Baptism. I think I think there are many other schools of thought. I love the Calvary Church out on the West coast of the US and the ideas a lot of the ideas that they have. But that doesn't mean I have to align with all of them except for the four main ones. And the four main ones are Number One, God exists and is revealed in the Bible clearly as Father, Son, Holy Spirit in the Three Persons, One Being. It is evidenced throughout sixty six books that God exists as three persons, one being, one mind, one purpose, and that there is only one God, and that God created all things, and Jesus was not created, which brings to point number two. Jesus, the personhood and godhood of him, the divinity and humanity of him. He was not created. Colossian says, he was before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Speaker 2: He was not created.
Speaker 1: He's always existed in pre existence with the Father and the Holy Spirit. And then the third truth is that the Bible is an ert We talked about this last week, that the Bible does have newer translations, but those translations are always being derived from from the original Greek or Hebrew. And so we go back to the old ancient manuscripts that we have and we put those together, and we collect them from all different regions from the third century are the fourth century is what we have a lot of them from right now. And then we have fragments all the way back to the first century. And then we have fragments in all of antiquity, over twenty five thousand of them. We put them together and we analyze them, and the result is modern translations that are derived from the Greek, not from the game of telephone, not from man that changed it, not from Constantine that put that Joe Rogan said he put together Constantine put together the canon. No, no, the council, and I see no, no, no, this is this is not creedism. I think, as some people say, these ideas is if we read the early Church fathers were always there. They're a foundation that we're always there. And we look all the way back to the apostle John teaching these things that there was not a great apostasy, these great ideas were not lost. And it is shocking, and it is a miracle to read a modern translation now and then cross reference that with a fragment that you see in a museum of the Bible century and go, wow, amazing, that is still intact. And what the reason I say twenty twenty four is so amazing is because we have translations right on our phone. We could we could literally translate the Greek from our phone and go back and look at these ancient scripts and we don't have to rely on some monk or some scribe to hold the keys to us understanding where this came from. The fourth truth is that we are saved by grace through faith, and that it's not our own doing. And this is not based on our own good works. Our own good works are dirty rags to him, and we're saved by as we talked about in the first section of this podcast, the propituation or the sacrifice, this substitute of Jesus dying for sins. So if we believe we're saved by faith, if we believe that Jesus is God and Man, if we believe that the Bible is in ert, and we believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit live together in the Trinity as God and One being three persons, that we're trinity was derived later the to help to try to best describe what we see throughout the Bible, like in John one and the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, and the Word became flesh. We see all these ideas, and someone said, hey, we need to call this something, And someone.
Speaker 2: Said, how about trinity?
Speaker 1: And that's that's a good enough idea so that if anyone wants to question any of that, it doesn't offend me. I don't get upset. I don't I don't lose my mind. I say, I say, great, let's talk about this more. Because that dives me deeper into history, deeper into this, to the scriptures, deeper into prayer deeper into fellowship with other believers, and so it builds faith to to step out into the unknown into something that I might worry about or worry about a certain doctrine. If it doesn't make sense, please comment below, email me tear me apart. If you're mad at the the Islam, comment tear me apart. And I've read the Quran, I've read the Book of Mormon, I've read the apocrypha, and so if you have any questions about this stuff, please send them my way, and let's talk about them as a brotherhoods, as fellow image bearers of God. Let's have good conversations about these things because it's so important. And I will never be angry with you, and I'll never be feel condemned by you, and I'll never feel judged by you if you question anything in my faith. That's a pretty good foundation for what I want to say to Tristan. There, Tristan, it sounds like you just want to hook up with this girl.
Speaker 2: He's a high school boy.
Speaker 1: It kind of sounds like that, and that might not be true, but you said I plan on talking to this girl for a while. But I cannot but wonder what's going to happen. If we have a future together, well, it's going to be very, very, very difficult. I've seen it play out. If she you might think that maybe she converts to being a Protestant. I'm not going to say Christian because LDS says we are Christians, and there's a lot of words that kind of get borrowed back and forth, but they're not the same words, and so I'll try to avoid those words. Maybe she converts to being a Baptist. I'll say that the Lord could do that, and the Lord could show great mercy in doing that, but he also might not. And if he doesn't, you're.
Speaker 2: Get a lot of trouble. I do wonder, and he'd obviously in this email he can't. It'd be a long email divulging more information, you know, that might help this conversation about her. Is she right now? Is she questioning how she grew up? I know that from experience from people that I know that the boy was Christian, the girl, our family was Mormon, but she rejected a lot of all of that and they made a new life together in the faith, and and they're great. But she questioned it from you know, when she became old enough to I would say, be saved. She was also been going I don't know that I agree with all this and moved out.
Speaker 1: So that's a that's a great point, and it's absolutely possible. Yeah, and whoever, this girl, whatever this girl's name is, she might be thinking the same thing for trustan into the.
Speaker 2: LDS absolutely, and both.
Speaker 1: Of those perspectives, whether he converts to LDS or she converts to once again, we'll call it Baptist to keep safe, keep keep the terms safe instead of saying Christian. Both of those odds are are are low and difficult, and are are great if they're a friend or a neighbor. You want a neighbor to convert like this. But when you're talking about a relationship where you could potentially have children involved, and the way that you're going to get married, and that the way that your in laws are going to be able to come together and have fellowship together during Thanksgiving or Fourth of July, it becomes almost unbearably too difficult to last. And you see divorces happen through this. You see families turning their back, completely turning their back on the couple. You see Grandma will no longer talk to you anymore. You see just unbelievable heartache ahead. And so with all that in mind, you say, hey, is it smart Tristan that you're saying I plan on talking to this girl for a while, or should you protect your heart and say, before I let before I let these feelings get too strong, I should protect myself and I should pull back a little bit. And it's not too much to say, hey, the religion is separating us as a couple. It's not it's not smart.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: A good having good intellectual sense to say love wins all, even religious boundaries. Yeah, why do you think there's fifty percent divorce in the country right now because the people said love will win all and then it didn't. Right, we can go back to where love, how God loves us, and that that directly hits the heart of this topic.
Speaker 2: Once again.
Speaker 1: I could just stop there, or I could just keep going.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you know, I I think you've you've without more information from him, I think you've hit you know, a great point there, because and it does you brought up the rest of the family too. We're only talking about the two of them, and and he's only asking about the two of them and probably not even thinking about the rest of this when you get older. If you decided to move down this lane. Now you're dealing with in laws on both sides, and Christmases and Thanksgivings and things that just don't align and don't agree. And you know, issues with children as they come up. Who's going to raise what kid? How you know that's you think that now, that's not something that's going to be a big deal. It's the deal that destroys marriages when you get down the line, because you like, we're at an impasse. What do we do?
Speaker 1: This needs to be said, Tristan. Your third sentence says she is This girl is very beautiful and she makes me happy. I promise those two things will fade. Yes, she will not always be beautiful in the flesh, and then she will not always make you happy. So those two things are trivial.
Speaker 2: What do you fall back on where you do align? You're already you're if you're explaining this in a different, different situation. You have to address the foundation first. You can't continue to build a home on a foundation that's not secure, and you can't be halfway done with the house and continue building it when you know, the foundation is falling. You've got to secure the foundation.
Speaker 1: It's almost as if Jesus said something just like interesting, Yeah, all right, well, let's let's go to the next question. I think that's I think we did pretty pretty good.
Speaker 2: That eail.
Speaker 1: That's the pickup truck conversation. That's you're riding on the cabinet truck. Next one's Anonymous. It says, me and my best friend like the same girl. I try to talk to him about it, but it could be really hard to talk to. But he could be really hard to talk to. All three of us went to school together and we hang out a good bit. We also go to church together. However, I'm scared if one of us makes a move, it could affect me and my friend's relationship. I don't want to lose such a close friend. Thanks for the pod, God bless Anonymous. Okay, this sounds young.
Speaker 2: It does. Yeah, and I didn't realize that both of those were probably young. But I realized that it was a little heavier and then a little lighter. Yeah, let me put these together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember, you know, I remember these days.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: This is about eighth grade. Okay, this is like eighth grade thing like about fourteen. It's like, well, I'm talking about when it first starts. Yeah, sure, when it first starts. It's like fourteen years old. Like we found out we both like the same girl.
Speaker 2: Oh man, dude, well we're gonna be buddies anymore.
Speaker 1: You know, just saying it, yeah, just saying it that way. Let me put it this way to anonymous the girl. You might both like the same girl, but she won't like both of you. She's only gonna like one you or none of you, but not both of you at the same time equally. So you're putting so much pressure on one of you two as if you would be the one to ruin the friendship. It's if the first one that goes to her gets the prize, and that's just not the case. Like I said, either none of you are going to get her, or maybe one of you, but not both.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: This is difficult. In eighth grade, ninth grade, tenth grade, eleventh grade, it's difficult. But sometimes in this situation, you got to talk to each other like, man, I really like this girl. I really like her too. What are we going to do about this? This is called human communication? Okay, Well, you know we want to still be friends, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How much do we still want to be friends?
Speaker 2: I mean a lot.
Speaker 1: We're bros, right, Okay? And maybe we should like look for other girls. Yeah, maybe we should both of us not go after this girl. How much you want to be a friend anonymous, that's your answer will be telling, And how much you want to be friends with this girl? You can't both be with her, so you should both decide to not be with her, or you're not really that great a friend. I would I would do that. I would have a conversation and then maybe your friend that you don't know this, but maybe you'll say, Man, me and you be and bros matters more to me than a girl. And if I say something that might offend you because I'm trying to impress this girl, that would hurt me and hurt our friendship. So I just want to tell you I want to sit down and have this conversation that I'm deciding I'm gonna stay away from her, and he might in that situation go you know what, man, it's not that big. She's not that big a deal to me. Just talk to her, go on a date with her. It doesn't bother me, and then you might be like, oh, okay, problems solved.
Speaker 2: It is good practice for bigger conversations later in life. That's a good point one of these, because it's I mean, the outcome is not it's not major. It's a you know, whether you go out with this girl or how old are they? We don't even know that, but you know, yeah, it's good practice for conflict and how to walk through that or a potential conflict in the future.
Speaker 1: It is. And if you don't have this conversation, you are right anonymous in thinking that if you guys both agree to go after her and she picks one and you didn't have a good, healthy conversation, it will ruin the friendship.
Speaker 2: It will be awkward.
Speaker 1: There is no way you could be with your buddy if you really like the girl and you see him with his arm around her watching top Gun Mavericks. It doesn't work that way. Make the decision now, similar to the other conversation with Tristan, don't let your heart get too far before you make these good, foundational kind of decisions, because once you start building that house and it's too late and the foundation's bad, it's going to crumble and you're gonna lose everything.
Speaker 2: Good advice, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna end there. Okay, I think this is a good We have a lot to chew on, and I want everyone to kind of think about First John four and think about church history, and think about the inerity of the Bible, and think about their best friend before they go and stab him in the back and talk to the girl that he likes. I think we got a lot to think about. If you have another question for me, email podcast at grangersmith dot com and dude, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Of course, see y'all next Mornday. He thanks for joining me on the Grangersmith podcast. I appreciate all of you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: You could help me out by rating this podcast on iTunes. If you're on YouTube, subscribe to this channel, hit that little like button and a notification spell so that you never miss any time I upload a video. Y