Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Caddy.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and.
Speaker 3: He is Armstrong and Caddy Strong.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We are on vacation, but boy, do we have some good stuff for you?
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed we do.
Speaker 2: And if you want to catch up on your ang listening during your travels, remember grabbing podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 4: You ought to subscribe wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 3: Now on with the infotainments.
Speaker 5: Some breaking news just out of our newsroom here at Fox thirteen. A man is in the hospital after being shot in the leg overnight if his police say he was shot by.
Speaker 3: His dog. Seriously, I don't think that's right.
Speaker 5: This happened just before four am at a home on Whitney Avenue in Fraser Wow. Police say the man was lying in the bed with a girl with a gun on the bed. Police say his dog jumped up on the bed, got is Paul stuck in the trigger and ended up hitting the trigger, shooting the man in the thigh.
Speaker 3: Wow accident.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so the dog claims you pretend to throw the tennis ball, you stick it in the couch cushion one too many times?
Speaker 4: Right, And Dora, I'm supposed to be there in the bed next to you.
Speaker 3: And who is this? Huh?
Speaker 4: You cheating bastard.
Speaker 3: When's the last time I went for a walk? Can you even remember? Wow?
Speaker 4: Wow, bad boy, bad dog.
Speaker 6: The dog ties him to a chair like reservoir dogs. I'm not putting up with this anymore.
Speaker 3: Right Wait? So, uh Jack Michael?
Speaker 2: Do we have that the two rappers were talking and gunshots went off?
Speaker 4: That's a candidate for clip.
Speaker 3: Of the year. So I like the way.
Speaker 6: Clearly this news anchor who's got a bit of a kent Brockman, Will Ferrell vibe Yah apparently was just handed this breaking news not knowing.
Speaker 3: He was about to do a story about a man who was shot by a dog at four a m.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so could happens also possible that he was messing around with his gun, or she shot him or something.
Speaker 3: They don't want to tell anybody what actually happened.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's that's at least, although you know, it's not implausible that if you are living the lifestyle where you're lying in bed with quote unquote a girl who wrote that story.
Speaker 4: Did they need a woman?
Speaker 3: I would hope.
Speaker 2: And there's a gun laying there for some reason, you can't put it on the nightstand even Yeah, you're living the sort of lifestyle where.
Speaker 3: Your dog shoots.
Speaker 6: Maybe he or she likes the gun pointed at them during their romantic times. Oh good lord, no, I remember seeing that in the Sopranos. Remember one of them. Somebody liked having a gun to their head during Tawdrey.
Speaker 3: It's way too tawdry.
Speaker 6: No, a dog just shot someone. This is time for friend talk. The pastor's rising up, as I predicted. Go ahead, Michael, and choices we got in life? Those were your choices? Who shadow?
Speaker 3: Somebody got shot? Oh how good? The dirty dead? What do I want with my idea? Don't shut me? Everybody, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 4: That's the sort of guy who's in bed with a girl and a dodge shot.
Speaker 2: They have a much more relaxed, lighthearted view of shootings in the room. On fire, shootings in the room. I mean, it's not even an accidental shooting at the range or outdoors or something.
Speaker 6: We're in a room with a number of people. A gun gots off, somebody's been shot. You good, I've been shot? It you good? You good?
Speaker 3: Everybody good? Okay, Bess, I was saying, Wow, you've different lived a different lifestyle than I have. Who Who shot? Who?
Speaker 7: Somebody shot?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Anyway, what are your plans today?
Speaker 4: You guys are hungry?
Speaker 3: I'm hungry? Yeah? Crazy? Can I want to hear that another one?
Speaker 6: Just the beginning part where the anchor gets to the oh, because I just find this funny.
Speaker 5: We want to get you to some breaking news just out of our newsroom here at Fox thirteen. A man is in the hospital after being shot in the leg overnight if his police say he was shot by his dog. Seriously, I don't think that's right. This happened just before four a m.
Speaker 3: He don't know.
Speaker 4: A dog Hitney Avenue in the Fraser Wow.
Speaker 5: Police say the man was lying in the bed with a girl with a gun on the bed. Police say his dog jumped up on the bed, got is Paul stuck in the trigger and ended up hitting the trigger, shooting the man in the thigh.
Speaker 3: Wow. Four in the morning. I ain't eating lamb and rice anymore. Give me some real freaking food. Was it a hunting dog? Boy?
Speaker 6: So there's actual and of course some background checks. We don't know any of those things. Gun loopholes, what went on there?
Speaker 3: Wow? Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, and if I was going to make a serious point about it, that's the very sort of person that Democratic prosecutors would never enforce gun laws against. They howl for more gun laws constantly. And then the guy who's I'm confused. You know what I walked into that didn't I? Yes, you know, Perhaps it's best to just move on to other fair I don't know why I enjoy giving jiv names to features sets of stories, but I do.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 2: So you get the choice between golden state of confusion.
Speaker 4: Or how markets really work.
Speaker 2: I'll go with a second, much more sober, just because the lack of jiviness.
Speaker 4: I'm just curiousity after the dog predic Caul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So story number one why the US keeps losing to China in the battle over critical minerals Because everybody knows that the minerals, the rarest the metals everybody's talking about that go into.
Speaker 4: So much new technology.
Speaker 2: He or they who control access to those things controls the world economy to a large extent. And the obvious issue with that is that if we continue to be highly dependent on China to come up with those materials. We're screwed as an economy the minute they decide to tweak us or bring us to our knees. So you have this story of the effort to get a big giant New America and our allies run graphite mine and the goal to challenge China's dominance over the world supply of a critical mineral used in everything from electric vehicles to submarine hubs. And so this Australia based mining company, backed by more than one hundred million dollars of US government financing, maybe a worthy goal. Kind of funny, There wasn't any discussion of this, but this is what our giant government does. Opened a mine in Mozambique and built a graphite processing plant in Louisiana, the first of its type in the US, and also signed a sales deal with Tesla, which is historically brought graphight for cars from China for the battery specifically.
Speaker 4: But then things started to go off the rails.
Speaker 2: China, which provides more than ninety percent of the world's battery grade graph height supply, jacked up its production.
Speaker 6: How many what did the market? How many stories include China supplies ninety eight percent of this or that way too many.
Speaker 2: And whether Trump's plans bear fruit or not, and whether He's allowed to even get the plans going fully is anybody's guess. But this is the very sort of thing that he and his ads are trying to wean us from.
Speaker 4: The sort of dependence.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the gist of the story is so China, which provides where ninety percent of the world's battery grade graph height supply, jacked up its production, flooding the market and driving prices so low that this mine, this company could not mine profitably.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Last May, the Biden administration delayed new rules that would have penalized US buyers from buying Chinese graphight for reasons that I don't recall, probably because they were trying to.
Speaker 4: Get hijin ping to do something.
Speaker 2: In Mozambique, farmers resettled from the mining company's mind staged protests, shutting down the mining, and the Louisiana plant, now open for a year, has yet to make its first commercial sale, and the company's stock is plunged by around ninety percent since the start of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's really interesting.
Speaker 6: And once again the difficulties of a an authoritarian country where one guy can make decisions and a democracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and as always, there's a lot more detail and nuanced to it, but we'll leave it here. I love, love, love, love love the free market in so many ways. It's lifted billions of people out of poverty, on lace new medicines across the globe. It has profit is the reason for charity. It's the reason charity exists. You have to have more than you need to feed yourself to give to charity. Anyway, as we retrench from the dream of globalization, though, there are going to be some rainings in of the free market, and it's going to be stops and starts. It's going to be really difficult anyway not to get hung up on that, because you could talk about it for a year and a half and write five thousand page books on it and not cover it. I thought this was interesting, how markets really are Jack the rise and fall of the Napa Valley of cannabis. When Colorado became one of the first states to legalize a recreational marriage. You wanna and an enthusiastic county commissioner in Pueblo said, he wanted Pueblo to become the Napa Valley of cannabis. And they talked a little bit in the Wall Street Journal about the situation. Big slaughterhouse had closed years earlier, steel mill had been shedding workers. They're really hurting for jobs and tax revenue, and a cannabis boom would do that for them. The streets were going to be paved with gold, recalled one resident. The elementary schools were going to be the greatest in the country. Then they talk about, you know, the classic meme, how it started, how it's going. In the first weeks, the only two shops then licensed in the county, round rang Up combined one million dollars in sales the first month, Wow, sending fifty six thousand dollars in taxes to the county.
Speaker 4: Everybody was just thrilled and happy.
Speaker 2: Decade and high decade later, Pueblo's dreams have gone up in smoke. A once thriving industry of retailers, growers, and cannabis oil extractors.
Speaker 3: There were more than.
Speaker 2: Two hundred of these businesses in twenty seventeen in that county, more than two hundred. It's collapsed. Only forty five remain. State records indicate county tax revenue plunge from more than seven point one million dollars to four point eight million twenty twenty three, which is still a pretty significant amount of money. And you could argue that they're just thinning the herd and the stronger surviving the way it goes in capitalism.
Speaker 4: But here's the problem. In California knows this too.
Speaker 2: It's been a huge problem because the rosy rosy promise is made to Californians.
Speaker 4: In Colorado is alike.
Speaker 2: Even after legalization, illicit growers and sellers thrived, even right in Pueblo. Last year, they accounted for seventy percent of the US market according to research companies. The black market dealers, unlike licensed ones, face neither Texas nor red tape, so they're more efficient and they're cheaper, and it's bad.
Speaker 3: For your brain. That's interesting, man.
Speaker 6: If you're counting on enough people smoking enough pot to you know, make your school's great and everything like that, that's just that's an interesting thing.
Speaker 2: It is, and it's probably not a sustainable way to run a society. Nationwide, only twenty seven percent of legal cannabis businesses are profitable, which is down two percent just three years ago.
Speaker 3: Did not know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, investment is dried up, restructurings are rising, and in Pueblo, sentiment about legal pots swung the other way, fueling a backlash against the county's embrace of the industry.
Speaker 4: And again, it's kind of complicated and a lot of nuance to it, but it's just it's not nearly the dream it was sold to be.
Speaker 3: So I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: And the one the one aspect you should understand it's kind of intuitive is that if it's legal, enforcing laws against the illegal stuff becomes so complicated because you know, half of it, sixty percent of it, depending on where you are, is legal. And so what are the comps supposed to do if they see a bunch of guys smoking pot?
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, more John your Joe.
Speaker 3: Podcast and Our Hot Lakes.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: We had a conversation last week that I was very uncomfortable with, and I felt very guilty about it because I concealed a truth during the conversation. Confession being good for the soul. I am here to confess it. But like all good confessions, they work best in a multiple choice format, and so I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to give you multiple choices, but to up.
Speaker 4: The anti, to up the anti, each of the.
Speaker 2: Choices will get successively more evil. Oh boy, and you have to choose which one I am actually guilty of.
Speaker 3: I'm so uncomfortable right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, I Joe Getty have a second wife across town, with whom I have two children. She is in a legal alien and I keep her in line by threatening her with deportation.
Speaker 3: What's okay?
Speaker 6: What's striking about this is you clearly didn't do that, but you're going up the landing at worse. They're gonna get worse.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, okay, anybody want to go for a or you want to go on you want to roll the dice? Anybody, Michael, Clearly that's not true, okay, all right, b I am now and have been for thirty years an active member of the American Communist Party, and have been working to subvert the Constitution with every ounce of my energy, up to and including acts of violence and sabotage.
Speaker 3: So I think I think you've laid a really good premise.
Speaker 2: Here, because you've got two very bad choices obviously not true.
Speaker 3: Whatever something, What are auld did you do that.
Speaker 7: Am I gonna want to associate with you after this?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Comrade.
Speaker 2: Perhaps again from a conversation last week in which I conceal the truth or possibility, say, I had never seen Gladiator until this weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, w oh, you saw the movie Gladiator.
Speaker 2: My secret shame Gladiator one you recoded along with every conversation.
Speaker 4: Are you not entertained?
Speaker 3: Has growl?
Speaker 6: I assume you went along with the facts because I watched it with my son Henry a couple of weeks back before we went to Gladiator two. He loved it and it reminded me how much great it was. But I said it might be in my top three movies of all time, and I did not at that moment reveal you know, I've never seen that movie.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was good because I knew.
Speaker 6: The derision that would rain down upon Were you probably okay twenty years ago? Yeah, you were in the middle of raising kids, So no, of course you didn't see that movie because I am a house full of babies, including a one year old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't see anything between I don't know whatever years twenty ten and like a year ago.
Speaker 7: I am impressed, Joe, because you carried on a full blown conversation about that movie, as if you it was one of your favorites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, I read a lot, so I pick up clues from the you know, contexts and stuff like that. But you know, Jack, you make a good point. I remember roughly when the movie came out. Hey, dude, you got to see this is great. It's an unbelievable movie. Great guy villain. It's like two and a half hours long, and.
Speaker 3: I'm my respons chance or if I'm gonna have a couple two three hours, I'm gonna spend.
Speaker 2: It silently staring at a screen when you could hang out with your wife or doing something.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 3: Nobody could do what Russell Crowe did. I don't know what magic he had there, But can you tell me you like Gladiator movie?
Speaker 1: Arm Strong and Yetdy the Armstrong and Getty shot.
Speaker 8: I was removed from my varsity girls team and replaced by a newly eligible male transfer student who received favorable treatment. As a result of this unfair treatment, my teammate Caitlin and I wore shirts that said save girls Sports and stated that boys and girls are different it's common sense xx is not equal x yth Like director made me remove my shirt and told me it was like wearing a swastika in front of a Jewish person and said that I would face disciplinary action if I wore it again. My title nine in free speech rights as a female matter too.
Speaker 6: That's a high school girl speaking in front of the California Assembly about how she was told to take off her shirt, asking that she not have to play against dudes more or less because it was like a swastik in front of a German or a Jewish person.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the dude was taking off his pants in front of all the girls in the locker.
Speaker 3: Room and dominating in the sports. Just sick.
Speaker 2: So California's held a couple of hearings lately in the Assembly for the purpose of quickly quashing bills that would restore girls in women's sports. Josh Hoover's California assemblyman, a seventh Assembly district who's privy to the goings on at the Capitol, obviously, and actually Josh, first of all, welcome, It's always a pleasure. How are you, thanks, guys, great to be back, great to have you so were you at the hearings.
Speaker 3: So I was at the Capitol.
Speaker 9: I wasn't in the hearing room, but I was watching on my screen and got to see everything go down and how did it go?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 9: So, I mean, you guys played that clip. There was just hundreds of amazing student athletes there in support of the bills. Obviously, you guys know that Governor Gavin Newsom has seen the light on this in some ways, but the Democratic supermajority in the California Legislature has decided to double down. There were two bills that were heard, So AB eighty nine would have required CIF, which is our sports body here, to limit high school women's sports to biological women.
Speaker 4: And AB eight.
Speaker 9: Forty four would have returned California law to where it was ten years ago, which essentially limits sex segregated sports to basically buy sex versus gender identity, which is what they changed it to about a decade ago.
Speaker 2: Well, if Gavin Newsom had out, I don't want to get stuck on Gavin Newsom, but if he had seen the light, he would have come out yesterday and made a statement about this or prior to the hearings.
Speaker 3: But he did not because he's a Coward.
Speaker 9: One hundred percent totally agree. The Legislative Committee, the Arts Committee there voted seven to two to kill both.
Speaker 3: Of these bills back to back. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Let us pull out. It's seventy nine to eighteen this issue in America, so.
Speaker 6: It's an eighty twenty issue. I don't even understand the raw politics of this issue. It just seems like the Democratic Party is so on the wrong side of this just terms of staying in office.
Speaker 3: What gives so Jack, you know, one.
Speaker 9: Of the things you've expressed is what are the arguments opposing these bills? And that's one of the reasons I tuned into the hearing because I wanted to hear what the opposition had to say about this. So they laid out.
Speaker 3: Five basic arguments.
Speaker 9: Number One, passing these bills would be an invasion of girls privacy because somehow we're going to now require, you know, inspections of some kind, even though we did it this way for decades prior.
Speaker 3: The entirety of human history.
Speaker 9: Josh, sports are inherently unfair. With another argument they used, which really bigs the question why do we even have sex segregated sports in the first place? Right, you know, you know, Serena Williams famously talked about how you know, women's and men's tennis is vastly different games, right, They repeatedly said, we have no data, but then they said it's not a big issue. And then a couple of these are my two favorites.
Speaker 4: There's dreams of data, folks, which you probably know.
Speaker 3: Go on, Josh, sorry, so our last two.
Speaker 9: The Trump administration is the real threat to women, not not this issue obviously, but the really incredible one is one of my colleagues actually said that the fact that these bills were even introduced demonstrates that we are headed towards Nazi Germany and fascism in the United States. That actually came out of something.
Speaker 4: Wow, Oh my god, Josh, you're a learned man.
Speaker 2: We need we the saying, need to come up with a universally agreed upon phrase to describe what you just described. And it's the same as introducing, say, gay porn into a school library, and then when somebody says, ah, that shouldn't be in there, accusing them of being a Nazi or a reactionary or what have you, the changing things vastly and then accusing those who say that change is no good of being the actual change.
Speaker 3: Agent we need to do. How do you describe a pretty good jiu jitsu trick? Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. If anybody has a brilliant idea, you can text this four one five two nine five KFTC or drop.
Speaker 4: Is an email mail bag at armstrong the getty dot com.
Speaker 2: We're on the road to Nazi Germany because we don't let boys play girls volleyball.
Speaker 3: And they said that with a straight face, deadly serious. Actually he was deadly serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, Hitler, he sure was a fan of fellows dominating girls' sports.
Speaker 4: That's the first thing he got going. No, I guess no, he would be.
Speaker 3: He would be the opposite.
Speaker 2: He believed boys should anyway, back to the pot so they am Nazis. Everybody back to the politics of it. I just I just don't get it.
Speaker 6: I would think your average Democrat realizes most of people in my you know, around the United States district or in California, you're a little area of your town whatever. Even the Democrats mostly don't think this is a good idea.
Speaker 3: So why hasn't that happened?
Speaker 9: Well, in fact, and there was a number of people that got up to the microphone to express their position on the bill, that stated out loud, I am a lifelong Democrat, I support these bills. I support, you know, protecting women's sports. And that happened over and over again at the hearing, and yet every single person in there was called the Nazis. So you know, I think it's it's pretty shocking. And remember this isn't just the sports issue too. One of these bills would also address the locker room issue, which basically California law allows locker rooms to be used based on your gender identity. When I was on a school board previously that our legal council actually told us that the only option for people that feel uncomfortable in that situation would be able to find a private space for the girls changing in those locker rooms. That that was the only thing we would be able to do as a school district.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the girls need to give way. Michael plays clip eighteen. This is Scarlett Johnson of Mom's for Liberty in Wisconsin.
Speaker 10: A biological mail sixteen years old, obvious mail over two hundred pounds, who identified as trans was allowed to change in the girls' locker room. This boy has alleged to strip nude to leer at the girls while they were changing these girls. When they complained, the gym teacher told them to staff being dramatic.
Speaker 3: It was hard to believe. It was hard to believe that.
Speaker 10: This was happening in Wisconsin, but it absolutely was.
Speaker 2: I'm reminded of our discussion during the last segment or two about the moral superiority that progressives feel. I have a feeling they would say, you know, I don't care if it's eighty twenty. We're going to keep preaching the trans women are women until it's eighty twenty. The other way, because we're right and we're superior.
Speaker 6: With some example of the gay marriage movement, the polling changed on that quite dramatically over years.
Speaker 2: This one is not, though, Oh no, no, In fact, it's going in the other direction as more and more people get hip to the reality of it. Josh, So, a question for you Assembly California Assemblyman Josh Hoover on the line right now, and this is your political analyst, hat time.
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 2: The voices you heard in the hearing especially that killed both of these incredibly important reasonable bills. Is that actual ideological fervor do they believe this stuff to their hearts or is it that whole intersectionality. If the illegal imigrant people don't back us on transgender and the black activists don't, you know, don't back the union guys, that'll all fall apart.
Speaker 3: Is it just solidarity or what? Well?
Speaker 9: Look, I think there are some Democrats in the legislature that kind of go with the wind, right whichever way the political wind is blowing.
Speaker 3: I think Gavin Newsom is that person. Actually now he actually.
Speaker 9: Signed a lot of these bills, right, and then now that he's looking at running for president, he's changing his tune. But the people in this hearing that voted these bills down, a number of them believe this to their core. And in fact, at one point, the chair of the committee hearing even said that he agrees it's an eighty twenty issue, but it's but he still believes that it's the wrong thing to do to support these bills. So, you know, I think that it really depends on who you're talking about, but there are people that truly believe this to their core.
Speaker 3: Well appreciate you coming on today.
Speaker 6: Is specifically the little nugget about somebody claiming we were on the way to Nazi Germany if these passed, I mean, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's beautiful. Josh. All right, well, keep fighting the good fight.
Speaker 2: I would love to see the Republican Party in California, which still exists, by the way, for folks in the rest of the country to go with the Trump believes in you, they believe in they them. We've got to hammer that message anyway. Absolutely than joh it's great to have you. Thanks Josh. So a couple of thoughts. Number one, There's never been a more disconcerting time for actual Nazis who will walk around, you know, and say, maybe they got a swastika, and people assume that some anti Elon Musk person painted on their car or their jacket or whatever, and and and if you can even tell you, look, I'm a Nazi, and they are probably greeted with, ohs here in favor of booting trans people out of sports. No, no, no, no, I'm a national Socialist. Oh so you support Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: No, ain't nof Hitler is my hero, but people don't believe it. Nazi German joje am, I right, high five. No, No, that's not my thing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna anti Semite, They would say, I'm again I'm confused by the politics, because generally politicians just do what's gonna keep them in office. Yes, it's bizarre, troubling and refreshing that these people actually vote their principles, and their principle is a person can decide one day they're a man and the next they're a woman, and that magically makes them a woman.
Speaker 6: Look, that's not what Gavin Newsom's doing. Oh so I'm surprised. I mean this is like the easiest sister soulship moment ever. Yeah, I mean he's he's turned out. He doesn't need to worry about running again in California. So why wouldn't he come out, make national news be on Fox all day long? If he gave a little speech about why you know, dude should mean cirl sports and go against his party. I mean, that would have been a huge step forward for him on the national stage.
Speaker 3: I can't believe he won't do it. I think he is waiting.
Speaker 2: He's thrown a bread crumber two out to enhance his reasonable iness bona fides, but he's not going to turn on the left of his party in any recognizable or undeniable way.
Speaker 4: Until you know he's won the nomination and then when.
Speaker 2: He pivots to the general as presidential candidate in this nightmare scenario. Although I've said a million times I would love for him to run, I enjoy that so much.
Speaker 6: Seen a lot of candidates overthink it like this and not get the nomination. Sure, oh yeah, yeah, Kamala Harris. Although Gavy is twice as intelligent as Kamala.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so he.
Speaker 3: So is a cocker Spaniel.
Speaker 2: True, but his tack to the center will be so jarring and complete because he has no principles.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's part of me that would love to see it. God dang it. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: It's obscene.
Speaker 1: And just.
Speaker 2: Troubling that people can believe something so passionately and so completely that nobody believed no body fifteen years ago, and hardly anybody.
Speaker 3: Believes it now. But they will die on that hill.
Speaker 6: I don't want to get stuck on this, So my last comment on this would be from everything I read, the polling shows that among Democrats they believe they need to moderate. Yes, and the big money people are saying we need to moderate. So I would just think I just think it would be such a win, right right. Like I said, it is both.
Speaker 2: Kind of positive and horrifying that people are sticking to their guns.
Speaker 3: Keep believing Twitter, just do it. Go ahead, keep believing Twitter.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 3: The college students listen to college students. They are wise.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and your party won't totally go the way the mastadon. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Hang in there, Jack, Armstrong and Joe the Armstrong and Getty Show. See arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: This is a lifestyle of thing.
Speaker 6: And the one person tweeted out, and I don't know anything about this person, but the one person tweeted out, I'm never planning on having kids. I'd much rather own a portion, have a Portuguese water dog.
Speaker 3: And a golden doodle.
Speaker 6: And then another person responded that with I feel bad for people who don't have kids because they believe owning a Porsche is going to be more fulfilling. Thought that was a pretty good little battle. I just can't imagine tweeting that out loud, even back before I had kids, never planning on I have kids because I'd much rather own a Porsche.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that sound shallow to you?
Speaker 6: Even if you I mean fine, don't have kids, you know, But doesn't that sound incredibly shallow to you? I mean to use that as an example.
Speaker 7: Well, if that's their opinion, I'm kind of glad they're not reproducing.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good point right there. But use you.
Speaker 6: I'd rather dedicate my time to art or something. Fine, Okay, I still think it's wrong.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just the performative hyper confidence that everybody has to have on everything, the idea of saying, you know, it's not right for me now, but maybe someday people change their minds.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's just that's not gonna get likes, that's not gonna get retweets. You gotta be you're an idiot, And I'm great.
Speaker 3: No, I just so tiring. I thought I had nothing for the podcast. I got two more things to say.
Speaker 9: One.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hurt anybody's It's just a fact.
Speaker 6: I know three women in their mid forties who made the choice in life to be childless.
Speaker 3: And really really regret it now. Mm hmm, really really regret it now, Like is like makes them cry thinking about it.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 3: So that's common ish, common ish.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have a couple of friends that are in that exact same boat right now.
Speaker 2: And folks, sometimes for medical reasons or sometimes a marriage goes sideways reasons or whatever, and the window closes.
Speaker 4: That's that's very hard for them too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I threw in the phrase chose. You know, it wasn't a medical thing or something.
Speaker 3: Sure, this was lifestyle. What kind of were we going with? I'd rather on a Porsche. Yeah.
Speaker 7: This was like a failed marriage that ended horribly and she said, screw it, I'm not doing this anymore.
Speaker 4: And now we're like years down the road.
Speaker 6: And she's like, that is definitely an avantage you have a man, because I didn't. I didn't have kids, so I was forty five. It was an option for me as a dude. Right, she got to find younger woman.
Speaker 3: And what was my other thing?
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, Oh, so I'm picking up my son from the high school the other day. This is on the cruelty of high scho I'm picking up my son at high school the other day, and I got my window down and there's this one kid that forever whatever reason, that has dress shoes on and he's walking across the parking lot. He's like wearing khakis and dress shoes and some guy goes, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Hey Jim, look at his shoes, and then they're both like aha, like so working so hard to laugh, so hard so they can point at somebody and mock them and laugh.
Speaker 4: How he's their self esteem by Demeanian right, Yes.
Speaker 6: And you know, as they grown up having lived through that, when it was painful for me to be on the wrong end of that, it just looked so ridiculous, like why would you ever give us what those guys think about your shoes? It's too bad anybody does I know everything? Like whyle they pretend to Why did they need to elevate themselves by trying to make that person feel worse because they had to go to their I don't know they had to go to the something at the church or funeral or who knows why they're wearing dress shoes.
Speaker 3: But it's just it was so like, ha ha look at his shoes, ha ha, what a dork? I mean it was that my status is now higher than his.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would love to leave out to gingerbread person for instance, and maybe just spend ten minutes on that.
Speaker 4: Someday in like fifth.
Speaker 6: Grade, I almost wanted to go over and talk of that guy. He didn't seem to be particular botter, but you never know what's going on inside his brain. Let's say, don't give those when you're older. You will not It will not make any difference whatsoever.
Speaker 3: One of the many reasons why I am so glad I'm no longer a nice.
Speaker 2: No kidding, no kidding, or at least you have the mind you have now I can go back to high school now would be hilarious. People pointing in, laughing over everything's really what are you doing whatever? It's just why would I freaking care what you think?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: That would be you know, it's funny.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I wouldn't sentence al Qaeda to four years of high school.
Speaker 3: It's too cruel.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, when if you could bring your life experience and confidence back for yeah, oh yeah, that would be.
Speaker 4: That would be super great in some way ways.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Fretty, the Armstrong and Gatty Shoe m