Speaker 1: It's nine OG one OG with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, om geers here we are. We are back doing OMG. And we just spent three days in Connecticut doing the nineties con.
Speaker 1: I need to hear everything.
Speaker 2: It was so fun.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, this was a really good con.
Speaker 2: It was a really good one. And it was Brian's birthday.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna say. And all you guys were there. So Jason was there, Yes, Yeah, Gabrielle was there. Yes, wow, Brian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bryan was there.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I was there, Tory was there.
Speaker 2: We were there all week and long. I'm still there.
Speaker 1: What city was it in again? Hard for Hartford, Connecticut. Yes, that's sort of cool.
Speaker 2: We have to tell you.
Speaker 3: This, Amy, we were inundated with a particular comment and it was sugarman. We love her.
Speaker 1: That's so nice. It also sounds like a lie.
Speaker 2: No I have it on tape. No I videoed someone because I said, she's gonna say it's not true. And one goes Amy and I love don't ever stop your tangents, go off on your tangents, keep doing it for us.
Speaker 1: As many people say that there's an equal amount that say, please shut up.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what hot light of nine O two one, OMG, your Valerie people love, I have you people.
Speaker 1: I have serious hate thoughts about Valerie today. But we will get to that. We will get to that.
Speaker 2: This is a hot one, you guys.
Speaker 3: Yes about it. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: This is a great episode.
Speaker 3: Episodes Episode six, Housewarming aired September twenty fifth, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. A Hollywood Hills brush fire causes chaos at a Mark Ree's house party. Kelly has fire flashbacks and blames Brandon. Claire watches Steve kissing a girl. David is drunk, and oh dear Donna risks her life to save bamb Meanwhile, Valerie de sides it's time for Plan B after Kenny breaks yet another promise. Wait, it's not real, Chip Chalmers.
Speaker 3: Written by Jessica Kleine.
Speaker 2: Wait, so first of all, were you all sort of as like, I don't remember?
Speaker 1: It really re trigoes me with the fires?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Too soon, too soon, too soon.
Speaker 2: Right, And we like being on track, like when time war works out, we're like, oh, holidays, we're kind of right there. But we just had the La fires and now it's an Elle fire.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting. How do we watch this episode a year ago? It would have hit completely different, Oh yeah than watching it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. It's so weird how the show is doing that. Our podcast is so in time with real things that are happening.
Speaker 1: I think that just shows that nine O two one oher was really on the pulse of life. So yes, I mean, like, were there fires back then?
Speaker 2: I can't, but there were.
Speaker 3: I mean I know there are everywhere, but what fire them?
Speaker 1: It was definitely because they got real footage that was real fire footage.
Speaker 2: Well, there definitely was no watch duty app then, there was no noo.
Speaker 1: It felt. First of all, I had a panic attack. I'm not gonna lie when that party started and those cars were parked the way they were parked in. I don't know if you guys thought in that driveway just all blocking each other any way away up there.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I was very, very concerned for our group because why were they being so stupid to stay.
Speaker 1: Donna is in the wilderness in a wildfire.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't remember what was going to happen until Claire and Donna drove up and saw Bambi and then I went, oh, no, this is the one.
Speaker 1: The thing about nine O two and zero is it is occasionally really on the nose, like they're like, hey, let's drive up and stare at these two deer for no reason, way longer than you would.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ever, I was like, this is definitely going to come back. Something with the deer is going to happen, And then it did.
Speaker 1: It's like you almost turned the car off of your weird new BMW.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she told to hear like it was so silent.
Speaker 2: I don't like my new car.
Speaker 1: I don't like it either. I was never a fan of those BMWs. And is Kelly driving a BMW or a SOB? It looked like a sob all of it.
Speaker 2: Oh sobs were really in Oh no, no, did she swab? Maybe it was different.
Speaker 1: It just looked different.
Speaker 3: I remember, should we start with our yes pop storyline? Yeah, let's talk about the party. We're already talking aboutzles, get into it. The party is over when a brush fire breaks out in the Hollywood Hills, and that is when Mark proclaims these hills haven't burned for forty years.
Speaker 1: Sorry, First of all, what did you guys, think of the party pre fire. What did you think of the party in general?
Speaker 3: It looked fun like cool, like, yeah, me too, would look I did.
Speaker 2: I thought it was weird. They were dancing like you wouldn't be dancing at like it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Tour in ninety five degree weather. College party read it got in the hills. You wouldn't be dancing during the day. No one does that or something like that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Guys. Two important notes. I need you to explain to me why we zoomed in on the margarita maker wonder not once but twice.
Speaker 2: I did like the margarita gun though.
Speaker 1: It was like a transitional tool, like it was so weird.
Speaker 3: It was and but I think they just wanted us to be really clear that Brian, I mean David was making margarita's and drinking.
Speaker 1: The other one was there is a couple of background actors, as Torri has said, dancing, but obviously there's no music because you guys are you guys have to rewatch. It was such an awkward background actor like maybe that's more what it was like. It was ca can we talk about Dick?
Speaker 3: Which who's Dick?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: The kind of the the guy that maybe Claire I've said, like, that's a sixteen year old humor, twelve year old humor, just watching Donna.
Speaker 1: Say Hi, Dick, Hey Dick.
Speaker 2: I just I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I had to pause. Got that was his name? You afterc Why Dick?
Speaker 3: There are men out there listening right now named Dick.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Dick's out there, and I know a lot of dicks go by Richard like, I'm sorry, Wait what he was in some big eighties.
Speaker 1: Movie teen Witch. Yes, Oh my, he was like the it guy. And it looks like he's still sort of acting a bit here and there. He was on ncis La Criminal Mind. Come up?
Speaker 4: Is he cute?
Speaker 2: He's cute.
Speaker 1: He's so cute.
Speaker 3: My god, guy is like a silver fox. Now he was cute.
Speaker 1: Then. I don't want to jump ahead, but we'll get to the fireman. But the vomiting and the toilet that was gross and yet hilarious, And Tori, you had some good like acting there, because it really seemed like you were.
Speaker 3: I believe he was puking, and I believe that she was standing there smelling it.
Speaker 2: The shot though, where she's like bending down and the toilet and her. I was just like, are you so bad that would smell? She looks in the toilet. Oh, I mean, we want to puke just looking at it.
Speaker 3: Why did we need you to stay with him too? Like wouldn't Normally I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, did he mean me? Or I just stayed?
Speaker 1: He asked you not to leave, he didn't want to be alone and his.
Speaker 2: It's vomit because he loves when you guys.
Speaker 1: H I know.
Speaker 3: But okay, so he was nice in this episode. He was it was nice again, fair a cloud.
Speaker 1: He's back at school.
Speaker 3: Maybe that makes him happy.
Speaker 2: Maybe good for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's the beginning of a downfall for him.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what I can't Are you serious? Really?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: God? Yeah, you don't remember this? No, the trip to Vegas on everything? No, what happens to Vegas?
Speaker 3: We don't know because it's seemed I'm.
Speaker 1: Not going to say. People get so mad at my spoilers, which is like, so crazy, but also I want to respect it.
Speaker 3: Well, blumbs of smoke are definitely bringing back bad memories for Kelly.
Speaker 1: Taylor, and rightfully so rightfully so you aggressively took it out on Brandon.
Speaker 2: But yet that scene I'm not gonna lie gave me life. That was a good scene, yelling scene.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it was so real and it was so vulnerable still and it was everything I actually wanted Brandon to step outside of Brandon. We've talked about this before that he didn't, but you did. You were vulnerable. He was like, I've apologized. It's like, well, it's.
Speaker 3: Weird because we never did we ever see that emotion? Are saying to him, where were you?
Speaker 1: And why weren't really there might have been like noe light mention of it, but also like, was he did he only make out with Emily Valentine? Or are we to assume they did sleep together that night?
Speaker 3: But we don't know? And he said, I apologize for this already, over and over whatever he said. We didn't him apologizing for it right, fans as viewers, and.
Speaker 1: I don't think you ever clearly expressed how sort of upset you were by where was he? It's like kind of like whoa, whoa, yeah, although we knew, we knew it was definitely part of the fire storyline that it was so kind of oh, why is he doing this with Emily Valentine and Kelly is in the middle of a fire.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh oh, and then you guys, Donna wanders into the hills to save the baby deer.
Speaker 1: We're done. We're done with Kelly and.
Speaker 2: Brand that's done with it. And wait, I'm not. I loved the scene where Tracy runs through, like, okayse anyone and get this straight. Don and David dated, but then they didn't Clarence see and the only one I haven't met is Kelly Taylor.
Speaker 3: And then we never see that introduction.
Speaker 1: No, we do not.
Speaker 2: But I think we're supposed to understand there was music in the background. They had to cut that scene.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to really get the vibe of, in my opinion, that Kelly and Brandon are not done right, they are not done. But and even nat like says to Brandon, like again on the nose, don't let her get away. And then we see you with Mark and Brandon with Tracy. But yet I was left feeling like, oh, come on, this is not how it's supposed to go. So I think we're really just getting the seeds of the future.
Speaker 3: But then when they were fighting, I was like, they have so much. There's so much there that has happened. Are they going to be able to come back together?
Speaker 1: That's a good stay tuned. Now were you feeling I do want to address this because now it's out in the open, the lack of chemistry between you and Mark.
Speaker 3: I think I felt that from the very beginning. Yeah, I'm anxious to see what happens with this coupling because it's going to make me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: It is a little forced.
Speaker 2: I didn't want them to like anything, like, not even have conversation, not even be friends.
Speaker 1: Like if I'm comparing sort of the beginnings of couples, right, So I'm looking at Brandon and Tree. See, I'm looking at Donna and the fireman. I'm looking at Claire and this Dick, Dick and Kelly and Mark. There's not it's almost a little bit forced. There's not a huge I'm not feeling it. I will admit that I sort of am like, yeah, they're trying hard to be cute.
Speaker 3: Well, he comes up to the car and he's like, I'll take you home. I'll leave my house that's about to burn down and take you home. And then for a second I'm like he's into him, Like yeah, for a second again, yeah, yeah, because she had just had the memory of Brandon not being there. Yeah, so she thinks, now, oh, this guy is the guy because he says he would be there for me in a fire.
Speaker 1: The many references to a sump pump. That is what you're supposed to do is get the water from the pool. So they were ahead of their time on yep, but that those shingles made me so uncomfortable my house.
Speaker 3: Thought, Oh my god, this house, it's just looked like a matchstick waiting to ignite with the shingles.
Speaker 1: Literally, I was like, oh, this house is brutal, brutal and way too high up in the hills, way too And.
Speaker 2: They all stay and the firefighter comes and it's like, who's your next of kin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like aggressive, really, and he's like, but you can go.
Speaker 2: You guys can stay and we'll give you warning. I'm out, don't be heroes.
Speaker 1: It was like, you're all gonna die, but if you want to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, oh my god, And.
Speaker 1: Did you guys feel like it was a lot of interspersed footage of like, obviously they've licensed real fire footage, and I felt, well, some of it was actor firemen, and I felt like ah, we're showing the Fireman so much so that we can have the Greg Vaughan reveal. I was at the end.
Speaker 3: Where I was I was like, I think this is the episode where she meets the Fireman and then he went down there hill with the deer, and I was like, where's the Far's it going home?
Speaker 2: My gosh? And when I fell, it was I think it was no, no.
Speaker 3: That could it would never happen.
Speaker 2: It wasn't much of it was pretty agro, like did you hear my scream? My cat? I don't like a good screen. It's like a which is what really happens when I go down?
Speaker 3: No, I thought at least it was a great stunt double this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know, yeah, the one from Pump springs down the stairs. She was busy so got another.
Speaker 3: Yeah goodness, but it was sweet and that deer was kissing your face like how and I could tell he was eating like food out of your hand though.
Speaker 1: So first of all, thank you for bringing it up, because I was very like, oh my god, she's just fully petting like a.
Speaker 2: Stray I know, and they probably have yeah, has ticks, and like yeah, exactly, Hollywood, mangy deer like those deer are not the pretty ones you want to hug.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, that's making me uncomfortable. And then obviously yes, it was like a someone's beautiful pet deer.
Speaker 2: It was kind of cool, like at one shot of her of Donna, me and the deer, and I, hell.
Speaker 3: I liked it when you put your head down on the deer, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jenny, she hugged. She sort of hugged the thing.
Speaker 3: You got real close, real close.
Speaker 1: There was so much happening, but if it had bit my nose within the fire, because can we talk about Steve for a second?
Speaker 3: Up with him?
Speaker 2: Wait? Who is that girl that played the neighbor?
Speaker 1: She looked familiar to She looked like the record label executive that stolen but it's not her, but she looked a bit like her.
Speaker 3: Her name's Kristen Williams, I believe. Yeah, she looked familiar.
Speaker 1: She looked familiar. But also is he kidding me? I mean I don't care about the Like, first of all, he's obviously flirting with her, which I kind of don't care about. I even was cool with the like sun tanloation, even though so awkward.
Speaker 3: But like, bro, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: When she kisses you just say sorry, I have a girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I did not get to put sunblock on someone else, Like, that's not okay.
Speaker 1: I could even tolerate that, but it was the kiss. I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That was bad judgment. Maybe he had too many margaritas too.
Speaker 2: I was too focused on one piece bathing suit sures wearing.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't hate that, did you?
Speaker 2: I didn't like it. You wasn't Baywatch, but not in Red.
Speaker 1: I also felt there was a lot of danger with the tossing of people into the pool. There's a lot of so I was like, oh, this feels so risky. Would you guys remember that pool? Obviously that was a pool at a house.
Speaker 3: Have no recollection of this episode at all?
Speaker 1: No, because you obviously all shot at a half clearly was a real.
Speaker 3: Pool at a real app Remember you don't remember either.
Speaker 2: I remember like the deer and the fall and like the brush all that, but not the house. No.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I feel like this is an important lesson for all actors and maybe you guys for the future.
Speaker 3: Get a journal.
Speaker 1: Get a journal, like when you're shoot in a show. Just at the end of the day, like write yourself some notes. I'm diary.
Speaker 3: I wish i'd known that. Where were you?
Speaker 2: Like a time capsule. By the way, what will it be? Who would have done in thirty years? It's gonna be this thing called podcasting. We would have been like what huh?
Speaker 1: But even if you wrote a book like it would be so helpful if you had a journal to go back and go the fire episode.
Speaker 2: Where someone fight for us because our faces were put on Oh my god, like you know coming, we do, we love, but it's a reminder that, Wow, the merchandise was intense. Yeah, and we weren't a part of it.
Speaker 1: You know how you remember the episode you guys were shooting. I think it was maybe the Steve Young episode when the OJ thing happened. It would be so helpful if you had a journal where you could look up things like that.
Speaker 3: You're so right, you're a genius. You should tell all the new young actors.
Speaker 1: I know, seriously, write it down. People write it down, you just don't know.
Speaker 3: You can give them an iHeart podcast journal and then say call me in thirty years.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what will be like the platform to rewatch Handmaid's Tale?
Speaker 1: Maybe would that be I'm trying to think of shows now that I heard you, yeah, white Lotus, but I don't, I don't know. I'm cool now they've all got podcasts now.
Speaker 2: Right, been thirty years. It won't be podcasts, it'll be.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine being that invested in the cast of there's so many shows now, and there's so.
Speaker 2: Many have euphoria. I'm in you would. I don't worry that wigs me out, I know, but like the behind the scenes, You're right.
Speaker 1: I think Jenny makes a great point in that back then there were only four networks and like HBO was just about to come, Like now we have four hundred things. Like the reason we all glombed on nine O two and oh Melrose Place is it's like there were only like a few other things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you had no idea what that lifestyle was like because you couldn't see it on the internet. Right, you guys want to talk about Valerie now?
Speaker 2: Or wait?
Speaker 3: Should we talk about Claren Steve and then Greg vaughn oh and Greg vaughn Oh, Wait is it ironic or not?
Speaker 1: On the nose?
Speaker 3: What you called it? Amy that his she falls down a cliff and his name is Cliff.
Speaker 2: Oh, good one, do you think? And then they're like spot on, he was.
Speaker 1: Making me looking fireman, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, Yeah, is Cliff the one that was actually cowboy in.
Speaker 1: Real life like Greg Bond?
Speaker 3: Or Cliff was Greg Bond who was the horse guy horse guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was like a like a rough and tough like Redd in real life. No, Donna dated you. I don't think you dated him.
Speaker 1: I dated Greig one you did during this time.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 3: Did you meet him here?
Speaker 2: No? I met him on I thought it was Malibouors? But could that be my dad's other show?
Speaker 1: What was the timing of Malibu Shores versus?
Speaker 2: So he was put on nine on two zero because he was already doing other things for my dad.
Speaker 1: When was mal Was Carrie Russell on Malibu Shraps? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: What year was Malbou Shores nineteen ninety six? Here we go bingo, Yeah, so I met him on that.
Speaker 1: He was hot.
Speaker 2: My brother was on Malbou Shores, so I met him through my brother really, and then I guess start on that and.
Speaker 1: Tony Luca, who did date Carrie Russell back in the so long interesting?
Speaker 2: I want to do this anyway, Greg Vaughan, I was he was smoking, he was so hot.
Speaker 3: How long did you eat?
Speaker 2: We went on a couple of days, like he escored me to like not the Emmys or something, and then I kissed him at that Remember I told you at the club the gem on Melrose.
Speaker 1: Can I please read to you, guys the premise of Malibu Shores when this is word for word from IMDb. When upper crust Malibu students mixed with working class San Fernando Valley ones, they discovered that certain issues cut across class boundaries.
Speaker 2: Like oh, it's just we like west Side Story, but in Malbau.
Speaker 1: My god, it was a good show.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think my dad really wanted to do something with Malibu. He had one with Drew Barrymore. Do you remember that one? O? Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Barry Watson was also it only went ten episodes. Yeah it sure.
Speaker 2: It was the second version of a Malibu show and it didn't work.
Speaker 1: No, it did not work.
Speaker 2: Then he went to Sunset Beach was DREWO Barrymore is called Malibu Road. Yes, it was wow, it was really good. Only one season two correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and quite a cast there too. Jennifer Beals, Lisa Hartman.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's bring it back.
Speaker 3: It was good. What year was it?
Speaker 1: Ninety two? And it was called two thousand Malibu Road. Want me to read you the premise? Yeah, a store of four women living together at a beach house located at two thousand Malibu Road. Jade a former prostitute. Is this your dad show? Yes? Jade a former prostitute trying to get out of the profession. Perry a young lawyer also escaping from her past. Lindsay would be actress trying to get the right break. And Joy Lindsay's two faced manipulative sister. Oh my god, that sounds pretty good.
Speaker 2: Actually, wait, so Drew Barrymore, he was Jennifer Beals. Who were the other two? Jennifer Beals was Perry, Lisa Hartman was Jade, okay, and someone named Tuesday Night was Joy Tuesday Night and Brian Blooms in it.
Speaker 1: Everybody looks familiar. Michael t Weiss, who I know from Days of Our Lives. Anyway, back to the show. Have we talked about everything at the house? I wish somebody could tell me. Also was the house a house? Because it feels like it was like they did they dated for two years.
Speaker 2: Leam Niece and Julia Roberts. Anyway, the house is clearly.
Speaker 1: You're shooting in a house, right like you're going in the bathroom. I feel like that's not any kind of a set. You're shooting in this house.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that was a set. We built the set of that house.
Speaker 3: Say we built the inside of that house. I corrected recollection of that. I remember being a house house. I feel like it was a house.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: Because how does David stay in that house for a long time? Because Mark is not there for very long?
Speaker 2: He does stay because there's some other girl that comes in. No what what?
Speaker 1: I can't remember this?
Speaker 3: Hmm, Well, definitely Claire should just dumb Steve at this point that yeah.
Speaker 1: And also he should. It's like, I just feel like we both needed to end it ended.
Speaker 2: And her reaction, I don't know. I was like, okay, you know, I always take Claire's back, But her reaction, it was like, okay, you're cool, but like your boyfriend is standing there making out.
Speaker 1: She says something, though what does she say? She sort of has a quick like you're a pig kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: You're disgusting though you're despicable, despicable.
Speaker 1: Something I do anyone really care though, That's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting a vibe that she's broken hearted, Like she's just like.
Speaker 3: She was just considering going out with Dick.
Speaker 1: So totally agree.
Speaker 2: They they're not into each other, That's okay.
Speaker 1: Helly's way more upset about something that happened two years earlier.
Speaker 3: Well that was a little more traumatic.
Speaker 1: But still like you still hold on to it, and you love Brandon way more than these two who were together. It's true.
Speaker 3: Just saying, what about when Mark asks Brandon for if it's okay if he goes for Kelly, and Brandon's like, yeah, sure, man, whatever.
Speaker 1: He sort of says she can make her own decisions while he's at the juke box putting all your favorite songs, in which I'd love to know how he knows what your favorite songs.
Speaker 3: I can assure you that was not one of her favorite songs. Devil with the Blue Dress, that was her favorite song. But yeah, so who knows what's gonna happen with these kids?
Speaker 2: Well we kind of know.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that now. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 1: I know your birth So I did a deep dive and if anybody can help me out. I want so badly because now we saw one four five seven two wait, one four seven two five something like that. We saw the address of the condo building. So I searched, where was Valerie's Brentwood apartment? Valerie Malone? And what's that guy's name?
Speaker 2: What's that guy's name, Kenny.
Speaker 1: I'm desperate to figure out where was the exterior? So if somebody can please tell me, I'd be so happy because it's like probably on San Faseni, maybe Montana Ocean. I don't know, but I need to know. I need somebody tell me where it is next. The whole thing is so bad.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So they are sleeping like little angels together and his wife's wondering where he is.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna tell her it's one forty five am.
Speaker 3: Fell asleep at the office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you going to say? There's nothing you could say? Right?
Speaker 1: Late night out with the boys.
Speaker 3: I don't know that scene with their argument, I didn't. I didn't feel any connection in the characters. No, it's just great. I don't know. It just didn't seem natural at all.
Speaker 1: When they say I love you, do you just go? Are you kidding me. Yeah, that's what I do.
Speaker 3: And they said it like three times I think in this episode.
Speaker 2: But it bummed me out because remember last week, I had just gotten on board with this relationship. I was like, I like it, I'm into it. Finally he grossed me out before, and now I'm into it. This week I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 1: There's something creepy about him that I also want to keep watching. I mean, he's such a pig. But she is also about to pull some real crazy shenanigans.
Speaker 3: Real she gets when he keeps not showing. She gets a did she buy a pregnancy test because she thought she was pregnant? Is she pregnant or did she have somebody else p on the pregnancy test? I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to answer all this, okay, because it will spoil so much, even though I feel like it would be interesting to have the conversation, because how does she get the positive pregnancy test? Is my question that whether she's in the dark web duh. Like So anyway, I mean, boy, and I'm also doing some math on something because there's a part of their storyline that involves you, Jenny, and I want to just remind me when we when it comes.
Speaker 2: Out, what is happening? What what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure involves Kelly. I'm pretty sure Jenny. Kelly babysat for them. Yeah, what you babysat for them.
Speaker 3: When she was younger? Oh yeah, we said that in the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the kid is six, right, so the kid is sick? Oh?
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 1: So if you all are are you guys juniors in college now.
Speaker 2: We're twenty one, right? I mean it's valories.
Speaker 1: I mean basically, if the kid is six, we knew you when you babysat for them. Do you know what I'm saying? The math, The math don't math for me.
Speaker 3: Kid is six, babysitting six years ago.
Speaker 1: I just think we would like we didn't know, we never saw you. We knew you six years ago, we never saw your babysit.
Speaker 2: So wait, what are you saying that Kelly Taylor wouldn't have done babysitting?
Speaker 1: Like what No, but for the storyline, Kelly babysat the kid six years ago. I don't recall Kelly babysitting for these guys, just saying.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was on her off time. It was off camera time while she was doing a Lifetime movie. She was also bleaby sitting, and she.
Speaker 1: Was also high on okay, like what was happening to Kelly six years ago? She was dating this, see.
Speaker 2: What you're saying because he's he works with Jim Walsh or knows Jim Walsh. So how would that mesh that Brandon and Kelly would have known each other? They wouldn't have I.
Speaker 1: Can accept it, but also I'm like, h kind of a round peg, square hole like that, you're forcing me to believe this.
Speaker 3: But Brandon reminds Valerie though, that he will never leave his wife for her, which was correct, a little harsh, but true.
Speaker 1: First of all, when she comes in looking like looking like you guys after nineties con and he's like, basically, what did he say? He's like, you look awful?
Speaker 3: What do you want? I was watching it on my phone, so I couldn't really see what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: She sort of just looks like she just walk of shamed hard right, Like she's wearing sort of her pink tank top. She's always with the sunglasses on her head. And we're supposed to think that I'm not being mean, you guys, Nobody call me out like Tunny's beautiful. Yes, Tiffany, she's supposed to look kind of haggard after not getting any sleep and waking up at too for him to go home. And then she admits to Brandon, who it is so crazy.
Speaker 3: I know right, Like I didn't think she was gonna tell him, and she just says it.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I know he's never gonna leave.
Speaker 2: As what she's starting to spiral, I hope so I understand what. I'm assuming it's a fake pregnancy test, but like, is she doing it because she's like really or she's just like going in.
Speaker 1: Now, she's just going cuckoo, She's gonna want money and the whole thing. She's just doing exactly the same shenanigans she did with ginger La Monica. She's always crafting up some scheme, some crazy scheme. And my thing is I love to watch her, but I do not like her, and the fact that so many fans like love her. I need to know why. Explain to me why she's clearly a villain. We're not meant we're meant to love to hate her. I don't think we're meant to love to love her.
Speaker 3: No, I feel conflicted myself yeah, me too, like she we all everybody knows that Tiffany's very sweet and kind, Like I think it's hard to see her as that kind of character, especially coming off of being Kelly Kapowski.
Speaker 1: Like, am I supposed to love the girl that's Dayton, the married guy and now gonna pull some crazy shenanigans. She's always two timing her friends, she her so called friends, Like she's aggressively mean to Kelly.
Speaker 3: Aggressively we're aggressively mean to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yet she's redeemable though, Like people didn't turn on her ever, No.
Speaker 1: They love her. The fans love her, which I it's nothing to do with Tiffany. I will say a thousand times Tiffany is awesome. I watch all her cooking videos, but Valerie sucks. I watch all her cooking videos do but sucks. Tiffany does like really fun cooking videos and there's a lot of like production to them, and they're very well done. I will say I don't cook, but I watch her cooking video. Yeah, and I have a cookbook in the whole thing. So this is not about Tiffany. I want people to really really tell me why do they love Valerie she's so.
Speaker 2: Dick people. I mean, maybe you make a good point that she was Kelly Kopowski. What if it was just some random girl then no one knew. Would they still like her or would she be just those will like rape through it?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I think that based on you know, the audience is already having knowledge of her as Kelly Kapowski and now seeing her in a different role completely opposite of Kelley Kapowski, they're into it more so.
Speaker 2: Jill Novic said she tested for the part of Valerie, right, Like, I'm wondering, so are you saying if Jill had gotten that role, people would have turned on vow.
Speaker 1: If Elisa would have gotten that role, people would have hated her. Oh yeah, because they weren't so invested in loving her. Right, she sort of was what they knew from her, was sort of the villain and clueless a little bit. She sort of has that, then they didn't care. I think people love Tiffany so much.
Speaker 2: That they anything goes Yeah, kind of like because this character, if you look at all the things she's done, is awful awful. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Straight from the first time we see her, she's smoking a joint in Brenda's room, like it's not like they set her up to be loved.
Speaker 1: He dated calling.
Speaker 3: I just don't know why she's so into Kenny Kenny. Is it because she wants to be grown up so badly? Or is it because he's got money or money?
Speaker 1: I think her daddy issues money. Look, there is something. I get it. She's sort of damaged and so she's like, I get why she likes him. You could see that, like my if I go back to my like twenty something self, you kind of are like, Oh, that guy's like a shiny object. He's got all this money, he's got me this apartment. Da da da da da hard to get and I'm gonna get him. That's why she's always doing the like I'm gonna treat you so good, like sexually, it's a whole thing she is. It's so but it's like, oh.
Speaker 2: What was this honey dust she put on?
Speaker 3: Remember honey dust was like that. It was like sex play edible, yes, dust duney, so weird, so weird. Why we needed to hear that.
Speaker 1: I don't know honey dust, but I think that their apartment that yeah, Kama sutra honey.
Speaker 2: Dust, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Also, immediately I was like don't lick that, like that's gonna give you some sort of a dummy ache, Like don't put me in my like your issues. I was like, you shouldn't be looking proble.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. See we were ahead of our time. It was like fifty shades of gray a little bit. It is a little bit.
Speaker 1: And also, Jenny, I heard you about the apartment. I agree. The apartment is decorated like it's it's in Dynasty kind of.
Speaker 3: The eighties, like the Ladies. Yeah, and also Hi, it's they have a squeaky bed.
Speaker 1: First of all, like where's this guy getting all this dough to just have this apartment? And also what who's not check the books? So it's like, how's this guy paying for this apartment? And if I was missus Kenny, I'd be like.
Speaker 3: She does not see the credit card in voices, she's not doing their their.
Speaker 1: Ladies ladies listening. Always have your own bank account and always check the books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and always have a bank Oh my gosh, own bank account, check the books, and have a journal in case you're ever on a popular TV show, and make sure if they're going to use your likeness, you get a cut of it. Just saying these are important life lessons.
Speaker 1: Get yourself a journal, get yourself your own check and account, and check out the bad books. Yeah, because like this guy's spending what back then, what would that place be? Sixteen hundred a.
Speaker 3: Month more two two month?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess you're a probably two something crazy.
Speaker 2: But at that time, Kathleen actually was renting an apartment in Brentwood on Sam SENNI so.
Speaker 1: Was I on Montana and it was about two thousand and one hundred maybe at the time.
Speaker 3: Interesting, okay, And that place looks kind of fancy.
Speaker 1: I know it's terribly decorated, but it's fancy, yeah, spacious, very big And anyway, I always just and she's always making dinner for him and coming with the flowers, and then he's always like, oh, he's not gonna show up, Like we all know. It's just like a tale as old as time Stop Stop with the married guy.
Speaker 3: She goes in the bathroom with her pregnancy test. Did she buy that with the groceries? Like how did she know to have a stand by pregnancy test or did she just keep one in her purse?
Speaker 1: And how does she make it positive? Or is she just lying that like pink is positive and blue is negative. But she just tells him it's the opposite.
Speaker 2: May she just like drew a line on it. I don't know, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was very curious about that myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I guess she could just be saying because she goes blue means positive and then we see the bright blue, but maybe it's pink as positive and she just changed it. I guess it's not that hard to fake that because he doesn't have the instruction manual.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's going to happen? So curious gets it.
Speaker 1: Just gets kind of around the river and through the woods. For me, this storyline, it's like, oh, make it. It's kind of like, oh, make it end?
Speaker 2: Oh no, how much longer?
Speaker 3: Bit does the wife? You get to see the wife, though I don't recall, like in the reality of.
Speaker 1: You get involved, Brandon gets involved, Tracy gets involved, everybody's in what Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why are people getting involved with her madness?
Speaker 1: You'll find out anyway. Let's talk about nat really quick, calling out that Brandon's meant to be with Kelly.
Speaker 2: Respect Matt oh respect respect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're close, Brandon nap and he's right, don't make the same mistake. Yeah, But then Brandon goes right back to Jill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's so cute. Sorry, Tracy, Tracy, they're so cute about her. She literally is Susan. She's just a better version of Susan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's got a little spunk in her steps, not as serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a sort of Susan.
Speaker 1: Susan was a little wah wah. She always kind of.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, yeah, this girl's real, darling positive, what are you gonna break this episode?
Speaker 1: Ten? Completely? At ten no doubt.
Speaker 3: I think so too, because of the fire like and and.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna give it attend to wait, can I just tell you sorry? One last thing when I was watching it, and the part where he rescues me, I remember when we were filming that that I was thinking about Superman and when Lois Lane is falling, falling and he's like I got you and she's like, who's got you? That's what was going in my mind. I was replaying that as I was doing my best little Donna like Dori Bravo. I agree.
Speaker 1: I just watched that scene this weekend. I've got you, You've got me? Who's got you? And You're just like and that guy that is so yeah, this had a lot in it and I and I like it a lot in it.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, we's got three tens the first time.
Speaker 1: I wish No, we've had a few other first three tens, and I wish I had. If I was a good producer, I would have had like some sort of sound effect that when we went ten ten ten, that it would go like no no no, no no no no, like I should have had a sound effect for ten ten tens.
Speaker 2: It's not too late.
Speaker 3: Well, we have next week. We have seven, episode seven Fearless. Who's fearless? I don't know.
Speaker 1: The titles don't help me enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, guys, see ya next week.
Speaker 2: Bye.