Speaker 1: Julian Edelman, congrats on making the Patriots Hall of Fame. Get that man a red jacket.
Speaker 2: Thank you d'all who voted, And thank you to the other the other Boston teams, the Celtics, Red Sox. We always had a great relationship the Bruins. I mean, I feel like it's a family affair. I feel like I'm part of it now. Man, that's like freaking, That's like one of the most honorable cities. Title Sports got, Title Town. Welcome to Dudes On Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman. Rob Gronkowski will be back in studio next week and this is the show where your favorite dudes you get to talk about their favorite dudes. We have something special for you today. We put together all the dogs we've done so far in one place for you guys. On this episode, we're talking the toughness of Terry freaking Bradshaw. When you watch guys back in those days, it looks like it's illegal, taking guys down by their face masks, spitting on a guy when he's down, Tom Brady's intense drive.
Speaker 3: Oh you want to take a break, Hey, man, I'm telling you your mind will let you go farther. Let's go four more routes. Let's go. You gotta be able to be on the same page.
Speaker 2: As meet the swagginess of Travis Kelcey, And all of a sudden, Killer Traps shows up and we're having a dance off on the stage and he can rob can dance, and a whole lot more dog talk, and we're naming the Chillis Dude of the Week presented by Coors Light. Let's Get into It Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio. Let's Get into the Chillis Dude of the Week, brought to you by our favorite beer, cores Light. Get Coors Light delivered straight to your door. Visit Coreslight dot com, Slash dudes, and remember celebrate responsibly. Hey, I got a butt in here real quick, Jack on dudes on dude, what's going on here? For the chills is due to the week.
Speaker 1: I gotta honor my dog, our dog, you Jewles Julian Edelman is our chillis due to the week. Congrats on making the Patriots Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Get that man a red jacket, Rocky camera and what are we doing for this?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 1: The mountains are blue and the jacket is red. Baby, we are going to pool together. We have pulled some awesome voicemails. They're already rolling in the congratulatory voicemails.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We pulled some awesome comments people have left all across our socials.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We just want to highlight those. And because it was a Jewels, it was a fan vote.
Speaker 4: Fans came out to support.
Speaker 1: We gotta celebrate the fans, celebrate you, and and just use this as a a time to really really say thanks to the fans and your brother Nobody.
Speaker 2: Chiller, hall of Let's go home. That's a Boston guy. This Boston guy. Yes, short and sweet.
Speaker 5: Is anybody else getting this ceiling? This urge to just run through a brick wall right now?
Speaker 6: Anybody? Anybody?
Speaker 1: I know I was when I got that, Uh saw that call to Frank man.
Speaker 2: Run through a brick wall. That's kind of what I used to do. That's what I've envisioned when I would run through the tunnel.
Speaker 3: I love the brick wall.
Speaker 2: Run through a fucking brick wall, warming them up?
Speaker 4: Is that why you went out first, so you guys could come out.
Speaker 2: Tom always went out for the first twenty yards and then I would pass and I would pass. You know, Jet's got to turn on the engines. Get the engines going, big old tug bows.
Speaker 6: Just gotta mister j E eleven a first ballot England, Patris all the same. I'm so proud of you, Julian. You deserve it, you deserve the best.
Speaker 3: Love you, man.
Speaker 2: Let's go, my guys, you gott They're fired up. I love it.
Speaker 7: Hi, Julian, Jack and Kyler. This is Jan. Yes that Jan. I just heard a little while ago that you got elected to the Hall Julians And I know You're going to get thousands of calls and thousands of messages, but regardless, I just wanted to call and say congratulations. I'm so happy for you. I love you, Bob congratulations.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you Jan. You've been there from day one. Anytime we had anything public, Jen's there supporting, shout out well pop up shops, autograph signings, charitable events. Jan's been there. So we appreciate Jan.
Speaker 1: Live chats too for majority of these episodes. We love, Yeah, we love we love the day ones man.
Speaker 4: Did anyone anyone interesting or cool reach out?
Speaker 2: Not old teammates, you know, which is awesome? Text phone calls everything, text dms anyone.
Speaker 4: From just out of left field.
Speaker 2: Not really, I haven't changed my number too much.
Speaker 1: Big time, big time, what a flex. I was hoping there was like someone that like you're like whoa like.
Speaker 3: You just know.
Speaker 1: We pulled some from all across our socials. We pulled some notable comments. Uh, the praise was rolling in. First we got Friend of the Show Camille Castic with an LFG squirrel emoji football Camille showing love. We love Camille, Max Cassidy twelve on Instagram. I like this one. Everyone pack a lip for jewels today, got to pack a lip. Got you bro a celebratory lip, Transformers official optimism.
Speaker 2: I'm bro.
Speaker 1: The autobots salute you, mister Edelman. Ngrats, you are more than meets the eye.
Speaker 2: Eight year old me would have fucking like been like trying to get a boner over that didn't know what a boner was.
Speaker 4: The Celticons wanted Adam and Arry to get in.
Speaker 1: As usual, they took an l oh my god. The Patriots official congrats Jules, our main man, Sam Morrel, well deserved me, Sammy, we love you, brother, and.
Speaker 2: Go text me all these guys text me too.
Speaker 4: Are the Nicks gonna meet the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I know Samy's probably going my ham right now.
Speaker 1: This is the one time of the year I don't love Sam right now. Sam is going hard for those Nicks. I know he loves You've been talking about five years.
Speaker 2: I know the truth. All right, buddy, He's pretty good. I still love Sammy right now.
Speaker 3: A few.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean what the Celtics missed forty seven threes? Yeah, we we miss like forty seven and that out Holy they'll make some of those next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're going in. Bro, it's a maker miss League. We got Gronk our main man, Robbie g well deserved. Bubbs, congrats. Can't wait to be there. You know Rob will be there with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rob, So Rob texts me, let me let me get this real quick. Hello Bubbs. New text. Congrats Bro. It was a new no brainer. New text, see you Sunday, new text. When's the date for the induction? Hello, Bubbs, I said him a voicemail. He's so funny Rob asking all the important questions, Y, when's the induction? Congrats?
Speaker 3: No brainer.
Speaker 2: But the first text, Hello Bubbs, and then like four minutes later was congrats.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's just sitting there trying to spell congratulations?
Speaker 3: Get out?
Speaker 2: Robbie g is so such a busy man, he might already be booked up on that day. He's opening up the uh, he's gotta go too. No, there's a gronk beach in Bali that week. He's going for two days.
Speaker 4: Maybe we sugar to that.
Speaker 2: I'd be down for that.
Speaker 3: Crowd goes across the world for like two days. He went to Australia for.
Speaker 2: Like two days.
Speaker 1: Metal horse named after him, dipped did a couple of appearances out.
Speaker 2: Two days in Australia. That's more in a plane, basic christ crazy.
Speaker 1: This man is wild. We got a uh, we're not just scouring the social verse. We got text coming in. Just when you think there's nothing else, he's done everything, there's something else. So stinking proud. That's from Angie Mama Edelman. Thanks, she's a huge part of it. She's goaded man. And then I mean we got stories on stories. Tom Brady says, legend, congrats bubs. Just it was coming in from everybody. And then he's a little bit of a uh a menace.
Speaker 2: In the comments section, even commented Tom it was like my almost like I made it moment. I think we were going for like our It's like twenty seventeen, we just won our second super Bowl and we're warming up and we were we were like feeling like we were just in the sink before I got hurt. And he goes man, you could be like little messy out here. You keep on balling. That was something that I'll never met or never forget tom saying he goes Man, you're like little messy out here. Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I was like, what he's like, He's just I don't know if he's just pumping my confidence. Hey, you had a big game.
Speaker 3: It worked.
Speaker 2: It was right, he worked. He's right. I was like the coolest thing he ever said to me.
Speaker 4: Messy five seven.
Speaker 3: No, I know, but like in the football football footwork baby or pumping my tires.
Speaker 2: I love it. And I was I'd be rems him. I didn't to get the best out of his. Guys, we love you, Tommy. Look as soon as I rode by, fucking messy.
Speaker 1: Oh Man games will names commenter frequent comments section up here. We're like rabble Rouser, Rabble Rouser, little rascal and there Rob Ninkovic, congrats, brother, No hate no hate this.
Speaker 4: Time the hate response.
Speaker 1: It was very odd to see him actually giving some some genuine praise.
Speaker 2: Cody Hollister worked his balls off.
Speaker 4: State's been very happy and Test hit me up.
Speaker 2: He was a kid that played for the US seven's teams that we were grew up in the same area.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 2: I haven't talked to him in a while. I was there's some people like, I don't know how how do you get my number? Probably fucking.
Speaker 4: Donnie Wahlberg.
Speaker 1: Donnie Wahlberg bro NFL Hall of Fame next.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, the right stuff. First time was the freaking second time. Hey, we should get Donny Wahlberg on one of our part. We gotta get him on here.
Speaker 1: Dude, he's a he's a freaking diehard Ken State of Course, showing love everywhere like Cribs.
Speaker 4: Bro Bro get him on, gott it Eddy, Cribby.
Speaker 2: Cribby everybody bro Logan Ryan Man. We used to battle a lot. He got me better because he was he was so on top of his game, and he knew the game so well you had to you had to run get it out on him. Every day of practice. We battled a punch and Tom's last passes Patree was my guy fletch. Look at the young fletch.
Speaker 3: Doll.
Speaker 4: Don't give you an in feed post.
Speaker 2: That's passionate guy, Prime real estate Jojo gotta love Jojo freaking bolding. I say get the ox ready, dog. I say get it ready because I know you'd be bumping the good ship. Bb hulk smash bb hulks smash. Yeah, awesome, Congratulations, that was fun. That was fun. Proud of your brother, And that was the chillest dude of the week thanks to our favorite beer cores Like It cores Like delivered straight to your door. Visit corslight dot com slash dudes and celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 3: It was our first scariest dude of all scariest dudes.
Speaker 2: Our first guest that we'll be talking about on the Halloween edition of Dudes on Dudes Scary motherfuckers, I mean scary guys. We'll start with former teammate of mind on Inside the NFL Ray Lewis scary soob let's see what AI has to say about him.
Speaker 3: All Right, we got some dude synopsis here. Scariest dude number one is Ray Lewis.
Speaker 2: Let's see what AI has to say. That's a I gotta say.
Speaker 3: Ray Lewis is widely regarded. Ray Lewis is widely regarded as one of the greatest middle linebackers in NFL history. Known for his intense playing style and leadership on the field and off the field, he overcame personal challenges and became a motivational figure, often speaking about discipline and perseverance. Lewis had significant impact on the Baltimore Ravens, leading them to two Super Bowl victories and earning the Super Bowl MVP in two thousand and one. Wow Wow, I was a twelve years old in two thousand and one, Jules, how old were you about?
Speaker 2: Fifteen? Fourteen, fourteen, fifteen.
Speaker 3: Notably, he is the only player in NFL history with over forty career sacks and thirty interceptions instinct. Additionally, he was a twelve time Pro Bowler and a two time NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Ray Lewis for you, ladies and gentlemen, brought to you by AI.
Speaker 2: I think the AI is pretty right. I worked with Ray as soon as I retired on inside the NFL, and in those pre production meetings he would speak and I felt like I wanted to run through a goddamn brick wall. Every time he would.
Speaker 3: Speak, he sounded like a pastor with the mix of.
Speaker 2: Craziness and a mix of a Gladiator quote. Don't Ray, don't think I don't know where your quotes come from. We went to Rome together and I figured out that all of Ray's motivational quotes come from the movie The Gladiator. It was crazy, he's I remember playing him. He knocked me out of game. First off, what.
Speaker 3: Game was that? And what year was that he knocked you out of the game.
Speaker 2: It was Remember when Dion Branch came back for the first game back?
Speaker 3: So about was it twenty thirteen or fourth year or this year?
Speaker 2: This was like two thy twelve, eleven or twelve, Yeah, it was two.
Speaker 3: Branch came back on the left on the team eleven. Yes, yes, two thousand times. My rookie year. Randy Moss was traded after the fourth game of the season, and then then we traded for We traded back for Dion Branch right that year, So it was my rookie year.
Speaker 2: It was your rookie year.
Speaker 3: Yes, twenty ten, the same season that Randy Moss got traded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he hit me on under in the red area. And I remember Hello Di Nada like picking me up and saying, hey, buddy, your your your sidelines that way that was.
Speaker 3: That was at Gilette Stadium, Agelette, Yes, and it was twenty and ten ten.
Speaker 2: It was he lit me up. And then the year before this, this is my second year in the league. Year before, in the playoffs, he scored and I on a scramble in the red area, Tom darted it to me. I caught it and I got a touchdown and Ray was right behind me, and he needed me so hard in my left butt cheek that like I got a crazy hematoma and I looked like I had j low booty one, Like my butt was just I had one big butt. It was so fucking crazy. If we would have we got smoked that game, but I wouldn't have been able to play the next week because I had like internal bleeding. It was fucking nuts. So that dude has scared the shit out of me. What do you think about?
Speaker 3: First off, A, I h hit it on point, but they didn't, you know, talk about all his characteristics that he brings to the table as well. Yes, a great motivational speaker, great player, you know, all the accolades, two time Super Bowl champion, whatever, twelve time pro bowler. But they didn't talk about the characteristics that makes him himself vicious out in the field, vicious, absolutely vicious, intimidating one hundred percent. I would put my hand down and I was already scared of ray Lewis when he was lined up in front of me. I was when when you're scared of a player, you're kind of already beat as well. Just that's how intimidating he was. Just a nature of just the way he carried himself and energy that he brought to the table. You did not want to mess with ray Lewis, no doubt, no ants, ifs or butts about that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: He was not just scary, but he was also like one of the smartest football players you fucking played. Very intellectual it Like I remember we'd be in a three by one, like a Trip's formation, and he'd be sitting there calling out like I watched his hook, watch his hook like he'd be calling our plays and he would I remember talking to him when we worked together, and he would.
Speaker 2: Study all of our our TV copies so he could hear Tom's signals. He could hear all the line front signals. So anytime we would play the Ravens with ray we kind of knew that he knew everything. We had to change everything because he was such a smart, hard working guy that did anything it took to fucking go out and win a game. If that meant sitting watching five hours with all the TV copies to just to get one little signal from something, That's what ray Lewis was doing. And he was just he was fucking Like we look at middle linebackers now, middle linebackers are two hundred and twenty five, two hundred and thirty pounds. Ray Lewis was sidelined the sideline two fifty two fifty doing war dances before the game. Getting the whole city of Baltimore some light. I mean, he was their first first pick of that franchise. Like he set the stage for what Baltimore has become. You know, like what he said in his things, known for defense, tough team. You know, it's carried out throughout. You know, Harball Harbor inherited him, rose it to what it is now. But there are tough fucking team And ray Lewis was like the wardaddy of the war daddies.
Speaker 3: He was the definition of a linebacker in the NFL in the in the decade of the two thousand era, no doubt about that. Big, strong, intimidating, fast, took no shit at all.
Speaker 2: He was the defensive captain.
Speaker 3: He was the guy in the huddle that got everyone you know, in the right spots where they needed to be. He was the one that was calling every single defensive player. He was the absolute definition of a Mike Linebacker, of a middle linebacker. Mike linebacker is just a name for the middle linebacker for all you people out there, So Mike linebacker, middle linebacker, same exact thing, MLB. But he was the definition. He was the standard of strength, of speed, of agility of a middle linebacker and how giveness and how instinctiveness intellectual just how smart he was the ability to know what plays were being called and how to fill a gap as well. That I'm mother effort, That mother effort knew how to fill a gap and blow a gap up than any linebacker in the history of the game. And he set the example to all young guys, all players, all defensive players in high scoring college on how to play the linebacker position in the game of football. There's no doubt about that, and that was mean aggressive.
Speaker 2: What else is there, Julian fucking instinctive?
Speaker 3: Yes, just just all of it.
Speaker 2: And then once again I got to experience and I got to be on a team, you know, with with Ray and the way he motivated guys, like his stories and like how he would you have to Like he told me once we're doing inside the NFL, he goes, you got to win the crowd to win year Freedom.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Ray, we're talking about football. We're not in a goddamn We're not at the Colisseum right now, Okay, Like I want to run through the wall, but we're not hitting nobody.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just he was. He would he would say something and I couldn't understand anything, but I got the point Like he would say something, I'm like, fuck, yeah, I don't let's let's have the best fucking show.
Speaker 3: Let's have a show, right, Like That's.
Speaker 2: How Ray was, you know. And we uh we went and did this convention over in Croatia together, and so I was like, great, let's you want to go to Rome after with me? And so me and Ray went to Rome and to watch him go. We went to the coliseum for a day and it was like watching a kid walk into a candy shop. When he saw that colosseum, like you could tell that it was like ingrained in them. He was like, this is where the men that I am used to perform in the day of age of them. He said something like.
Speaker 3: That to me. I'm like race in one of his past lives. I bet you he wasn't glad in the coliseum undred percent.
Speaker 2: He I saw he literally had a single tear when he walked and he saw just how grand and old and how he was. You could see him using his imagination for all the freaking fans and stuff and guys ripping each other's goddamn heads off, and it like he loved it.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, do you think he was one of the gladiators back in the day or was he one of those lions?
Speaker 2: No, he was in the colosseum, he was, he was he both.
Speaker 3: He he was lying heart, lion heart, but a gladiator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lionhart, lionheart like band damn.
Speaker 3: Can't disagree with that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been covered by him?
Speaker 3: I've been covered by him a few times. I mean, obviously his game was stopping the run, but he was very smart in the zone coverage as well.
Speaker 2: Hell of picks, Yes, a lot of picks.
Speaker 3: I mean what he has? What thirty interceptions and over fifty sacks? What was that? Yeah? The only person I ever do it, the only one to ever do it. And uh, you know, he's just very athletic for his size. To man, his arms are just massive. It just looks like a guy out of like a magazine cover, you know, just straight off a magazine, from front page cover, right off the stands and just put on the football field.
Speaker 2: Gladiator.
Speaker 3: He was a definition of what a guy and Madden looks like. You know when you're playing the game, Matten, you know you just got taken right out of the video game and put right on the field. But I got to clear up a little bit with ray Lewis. I mean the guy you know, back end of his career when we were facing him, So we didn't really get the true ray Lewis just like all of us in the NFL. Yeah, he definitely let you up still, but when you're in your prime prime, you're moving people, no matter what the situation is, you're moving people. You're blowing up the holes all that. So we didn't we didn't. I never got like leveled by Ray Lewis. I definitely felt his power. But here's a situation. I was running. This thing goes viral all over Instagram all the time where it's a clip of me running over ray Lewis. But let me get this clear out there. I didn't really like technically run over ray Lewis. I mean I did in the clip, and people just take it out of context because you know, on the film directly like with you know, you just take that three seconds of a clip and I am running over ray Lewis.
Speaker 2: But here's the deal. Here's the situation.
Speaker 3: It was a passing play and I was on a route. He was dropping back in the coverage, and I was debating. I had an incut twelve yard incut, and I was debating because he was dropping back, you know, doing his thing, trying to making it hard on myself because you know, you know, he's very smart of a player, knows how to drop back and get you confused of where he's going, so then it kind of throws you off your route. So I'm like, do I go outside of him because he's dropping out of my out of my zone, out out of the area where I got to run the twelve yard incut or is he going inside and I should go inside? Or should I go outside of him? You know, I'm trying to say to it. So I'm debating, and I'm kind of stiff this game. You know, I'm just running straight and I'm debating, shall go out, should I go in? I go out? I go in, And I'm running full speed at him, debate it, and then boom, I just clashed right into him. So he wasn't really paying attention to me, and he was looking back at the quarterback. But when I clashed right into him on the passing route, he went flying backwards and I ran him over and then I like jumped up real quick and acted like I was wide open, so like I didn't really run him over. No, I didn't get a catch either, So it was great coverage by him. Actually, like to the t if you ask me, But it's a clip where I'm like, no, it's like just taking off of context. I will tell you when I ran.
Speaker 2: That sounds scary of a guy. He is is where Rob over here ran his ass over. Okay, I don't want to hear it. Right, he got ran over.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't run him in coverage and I just ran my route through him. He's trying to justify running him over. And he did not make Ray mad at him. I don't want Ray mad at me. I can tell you that right now. But I was just running my route and it went through him, and he was you know, he was on his on his heels, backing up, back pedaling and using his big go fly. Yeah, he did go fly, but it was not like a run player or anything. If that was a run play and I blocked him like that, well then that's off to me. I would still go running. I would still run to the other sideline because I'd still be scared of Ray Lewis. But I didn't technically run them over.
Speaker 2: It was just a little mishap.
Speaker 3: And Jules I got a question when he did that, you know, the War dance running out of the tunnel, the Baltimore fans going crazy. Did you ever watch one of those war dances?
Speaker 2: Oh? Every time?
Speaker 3: Were you like looking the other way like coach No, no, Belichick, I'm not I'm not watching it.
Speaker 2: Why are you saying that, because that's what Bill used to saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't be paying attention to what they're doing. Just worry about what you're doing. But Ray Lewis is war dance. You had a peep dude. That's that's a dude you had to coach. Belichick had a Ravens weekend. Even though he's be like, look, we're gonna be going to Baltimore. You're gonna have Ray doing his goddamn fucking war dance. Like, just get your heads right, get your heads right for the game.
Speaker 2: We're all.
Speaker 3: You know, he's gonna be doing out war dance. You know he's referenced the war dance. Wait, his war dance is called the squirrel Dance.
Speaker 2: Ain't no squirrel doing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Jewels, you're a squirrel, you ain't doing those type of dances. I never heard anyone even call it.
Speaker 2: Nice war dance dance. It was started by his friends in his hometown. They named it the Squirrel Dance because it had the whole town jumping. I get it now, I know, But the squirrel dance, you're the squirrel. Yeah, And I don't see a squirrel looking that scary. Oh, squirrels are furry and and cute. Kind it's and ugly. No, Ray looks like he wants to bite your face off. And do a war dance on your face after it's been bit off.
Speaker 3: What about his visors or overall ray Lewis is or I mean the visor, what the you know, the little bands on his arms, all that just a scary player overall, scary in that purple and black. That's just a mean looking team.
Speaker 2: That is all right? All right? Time determine what kind of duty is all right ray Lewis? What kind of dude is ray Lewis?
Speaker 3: Is he a freak? Of course, he's a freak. I mean he definitely has freak of nature in him. I mean he's gigantic, he's a definition he's I mean of a middle linebacker.
Speaker 2: He's a whizz as well. He was so innovative for the sideline the sideline quarterback of the defense type linebacker. I don't you know, I could be recency bias, but this is what we grew up on. He's a dude's dude as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, positive attitude, the motivational speaking, getting everyone going, bringing everyone together. I mean he's special, man. That's special. Just to have that, you know, in life, is to just be able to motivate people and bring people together, and on top of it, just being that phenomenal of a football player. Man, That's what really made him special. He had so many great characteristics that he brought to a team, not just being a good player.
Speaker 2: I think he's a dog. He's relentless, he's motivated, he's physically and mentally tough. Dude tourist Tricep came back in a fucking like four weeks for the game, Like, he doesn't care if he has something hanging on by a thread, if it's a playoff game, or if it's an AFC North Divisional game, or if it's a game against US. You knew Ray Lewis was gonna be out there doing this goddamn war dance before the game, getting the whole fucking crowd going crazy. You know that's gonna be what Ray does. And he's a fucking dog. He's a dog.
Speaker 3: He is a dog, and anytime you're a dog, you get the job done. And he got the job done every single time he hit the field.
Speaker 2: Let's go to our next game.
Speaker 3: I'm never messing with Ray. Hell no, I'm gonna be best friends with him, and.
Speaker 2: He would love the shit out of you. Raising the best teammate ever. Who's our next Roberto Our next.
Speaker 3: Scary is from one of the scariest eras of football, where they didn't care if they were injured. No, they didn't have doctors to treat their broken ankles, zero broken legs.
Speaker 2: They just threw them back out there.
Speaker 3: This was the scariest times in the NFL fell concussions didn't matter. That means if you had stars, it meant that you were extra tough. And this guy is in that era and he was one of the scariest ones in that scary and I'm getting scared.
Speaker 2: Dude, look scary, scary.
Speaker 3: Who do we got? He looks like Halloween? We got Jack Lambert, Ladies, oh mg.
Speaker 2: Played for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Jack Harold Lambert, Jack Lambert, Golden Flash. What's a I gotta say about Old Jack? Start the clock now.
Speaker 3: Right, hit that clock, Jack Lambert. Jack Lambert was an intimidating and fierce linebacker, known for his aggressive playing style and toothless snarl.
Speaker 2: No teeth.
Speaker 3: Off the field, he was a private person who preferred a quiet life, often retreating to his farm. Lambert had a profound impact on the Pittsburgh Steelers, leading them to four Super Bowl victories in the nineteen seventies with our guy Terry Bradshaw, the original TB twelve Terry.
Speaker 2: Oh, good old Terry Bradshaw, Uncle Terry.
Speaker 3: He was a nine time Pro bowler and an eight time All Pro, earning the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award in nineteen seventy six. Notably, he recorded twenty eight career interceptions and was a key figure in the Steelers dominant defense. You want to know what I loved about Jack Lambert, it was he wasn't the traditional size of a linebacker, especially back in the heyday. He was, once again a guy from Kent State University. Was he drafted into the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was drafted fourth rounder.
Speaker 3: I know that he had, you know, ninety ideals forty six. He didn't have the ideal size going into the NFL as well. I think he was six' four about two, hundred two hundred and ten pounds coming out Of Kent, state and they wanted to put some back on, him so he didn't really, play you, know at the size of all these other, linebackers and in THE nfl at the, TIME i think he played about at like what two twenty two, thirty so six' four a linebacker at, six' four that's kind. Of unheard of, usually they're, shorter more stocker can, fill the hole can take, on a lineman can take on, a full back can go side to side. With the agilities, but this guy now. He was different but you know that kind of was an. Advantage for, him you know watching, TAPE on him i feel like he could see over the lineman, because six' four he could see what was. Developing in the backfield and when you can have that type of advantage and you can see what's going, on in the backfield you can see that short running, back where he's, going where he's angling that's An advantage in jack lambert use that on the defensive, side of. The ball making tackles it was just. Ridiculous watching him play what if you.
Speaker 2: Were lined up At, tight end in jackson, middle linebacker right here and he looked at you and with his, no, Teeth, He said, hey gronk i'm. Like eat your lunch?
Speaker 3: What would you do i'd probably Be wide open because i'm going to run full freaking. Speed away from him. I'm running full speed but, at the same time those are the guys that are hired to Get open verse. Because i'm six six that's my, Advantage, is my height, yeah and my size but when you're, six four and yeah he, was smaller, than everyone but, Dude, long and lanky. Yeah long and lanky but he never hits stick like it's kind of like like a type of strength that is. Kind of not taught that like some some type of strength where you don't go in the weight room to. Get, that leverage strength, yes he's six, strength, just you know skinnier more athletic than these other linebackers and OTHER. Players in the nfl but he, had that. You know that pop he had. A pop in him when you have that, POP in, that toughness i mean it doesn't matter. What size you are you, can knock down anyone even if they're fifty.
Speaker 2: Pounds bigger than you he's also. Like an intimidation Factor You're seeing the Super bowl against the cowboy where the guy the kicker missed the Fucking kick on the steelers and and the cowboy guy was Heckling Him and fucking jack lambert grabbed him by the back of his thing and, throw his ash, down say hey boy shut the, fuck up. LIKE that he's crazy i think the ref was right there was too scared. To, throw dan penalty like that's how scary of. A guy, he was i mean it's he's just he's not. Like a big guy he had, a.
Speaker 3: Wide receiver, belt he, had long, you know skinny legs like.
Speaker 2: Instinct of A fuck yes he i mean you. Throw. On his highlights yeah he.
Speaker 3: Would blow up the the one yard or he'd blow up the goal line player.
Speaker 2: The short yardage play but you saw him drop and he would. Always make these crazy he had a. LOT of interceptions too i think like. He had a Bunch grew, up a browns Fan. Played for, the steelers.
Speaker 3: Big hitter he was rash talker, that backed.
Speaker 2: It up probably one of the toughest guys on one of the toughest so called, defenses Of All. Time that steel curtain You Had, Me and joe green you had all these jack ham and Then you have. Fucking lambert over there who and this time these guys. Are scared of him this guy, had no front.
Speaker 3: Teeth no front hockey he was labeled as the scariest LOOKING. Player in the nfl on top of being that, scary on the field he's. Also double double whammy what? About His nicknames Now Jack Jack splat.
Speaker 2: Captain jack dracula cleats.
Speaker 3: That's actually the teeth he kind Of looks like. A jack o lantern he kind of. Looks like a jaculator he, does in you know in. Some pictures some way and then that look at the helmet that he's wearing with the bar.
Speaker 2: He had the bar. Right the neck roll he always you saw him with the, pat in nineteen seventies freaking uh. Hand and arm pads you just see a guy like him giving a freaking clothesline to a quarterback and like. Spitting on him afterwards like that's the Kind Of a. Guy Jack lambert was he he's?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 2: He say gt thomas, yet he's so. Mean he hates himself he. Gotta PLAY like that What.
Speaker 3: I love about jack lambert too is that he never. Had a quote before it was something along. The line of that he just never used football. As a, popularity contest you know he looked at it as, it Was his job fucking and you got. To appreciate those guys you love those guys in the locker room because they Were all business and jack was, business at all times and he didn't care about you. Know who was watching. You know. How popular he was he cared about getting, the job fucking done and. That's what he did Who's The?
Speaker 2: Modern day jack lambert and that's a tough question because there's really no linebackers that are SIX' four in the, nfl middle o no especially it probably. Would have been side linebackers It would have been like. Erlacker back, in the day oh, yeah was, like a safety yes YEAH turned into a safe. A, Good linebacker right there currently i'm not really sure If Anyone.
Speaker 3: Really compares to jack. Lamb it's, a DIFFERENT game he Also like I went to kent and i didn't even hear, any he stories about.
Speaker 2: Him really like he was he's kind of like an. OFF the. RADAR type guy i heard i heard he's, like in Some, country town probably. IN ohio on his farm i think he's. Got bomb shelters or Anything If anyone in the, jack lambert camp here's this can we. Get an update on. Him we would love to as a former flash uh and a guy that went to, the same university, as him that likes him we want. TO know if he's okay.
Speaker 3: I THINK he, is okay like i said like he just. Cared about doing his job he, didn't care about the popularity and. He's kind of like that when was the last time he was. SEEING in the football world i think it Was when the the original steelers stadium closed down before they were going to build their THE new. One, three or eli one Yeah what? Was the three river stadium right then he go? To that game or something did he was that the Last, time he was seeing, yeah that was two thousand was the last time he was.
Speaker 2: SEEN twenty four years ago i wonder what he. Thinks about all this technology he looks, like a guy for fact that will fucking. If you're on his phone if you're, ON a phone around him i think. He, might shoot the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's still. USING a pager you know.
Speaker 2: I don't even. THINK he has a pager. I think he's. Got landline just. A. Pager he's got landline bro he's got cord still that with, like a thirty foot cord so he could take a goddamn call away from his wife like two rooms down and ask to shut the door and use it and put the chord under the door gap so he. Could have some some privacy. That's the kind of guy he's.
Speaker 3: A scary the, kind OF guy. HE is like i, got i got a questionloa would you? Ever GO off the grid would i? Ever Go off the grid.
Speaker 2: Jack lambert hasn't been. Seen, FOR twenty four years ACTUALLY i would like if i had enough means, TO go off the grid i would love. To go off the grid?
Speaker 3: You, GOT plenty of.
Speaker 2: Means nah, I, got kid you can't like you can't go off grid. If you have a kid like if It, WAS just me and rock i go. Off OF the dusty trail but i.
Speaker 3: CAN'T just a deserted island i don't know if any amounts of food and Water, some little town in? Mexico would you do it would? You go off the grid can you see? YOURSELF going off the grid.
Speaker 2: I, would LOVE to, go if, like?
Speaker 3: I said like that huh? We?
Speaker 2: Got dudes on dudes yeah why would you go? Off the grid on me wouldn't it be cool to have my tie? In like a little umbrella can we just do dudes? On, dudes off the grid well we wouldn't be off.
Speaker 3: The grid then would? Be real dudes on DUDES how just? You? And. I desert dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah no how do you? THINK he playing today's football. I, think he'd pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he, would be, really good especially you know because it seemed like he. Was very, athletic as well, cover yeah cover pretty well so, the way that you know we're throwing the, FOOTBALL now in this era i feel like he's a guy that can drop back, and middle of the field. AND especially in zone coverages i think he would have a, couple of interceptions a. Year no doubt about that and just his mentality that he. BRINGS in the run game i feel like some defenses are missing, that type of mentality too like, Those, guys that play willing yeah the willing to go in and, just take, a full.
Speaker 2: Back you know, playing all, down on, one heads.
Speaker 3: Up all downs you know and just being, able to just you, know give. Up your body Sacrifice Yourself so, Those Players ray lewis obviously jack. Lambert another one Of Those? So what About John elway Remember When? John, elway faced jack lambert.
Speaker 2: Yeah didn't, even what happened he said just. Let me out of. Here, i'll be an accountant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You want to know why you want? To know what else happened he did, Say that after the game but you want? To know? What else happened what happened he lined, Up under the right guard. That's how scared he was he. WAS that, scared and nervous i mean that was a fricking. One under the right? Guard what year was that? Imagine That eighty three three. So lambert was still there? Lambert played what twelve Years This was a young john elway probably young got a standford for, eight fourteen yards that Game One, free talking to john alway. One for eight, fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yards when he says the, scariest defender the steel curtain. It wasn't just here Him, He had To, Steal Dean, joe green ham. ELSE greenwood, all those boys i mean and he was the fucking flag carrier for. That scary ass defense time What Kind? Of Dude is jack?
Speaker 3: Lambert jack lambert a, stud he Was A, stud But. Not kent state not keny, not when you're That game studs out of kent, stand when you're that scary. You're technically not a stud, he's got he's got ATHLETICISM.
Speaker 2: He's got the football iq but he he he always had the is he? Too small in his category so that takes him out of the stud and then that.
Speaker 3: Takes him out of out of. The, freak category as well yeah but he could be a freak because he's like a regular lanky dude that played like he was two eighty and. He had a hit stick, he had a hit stick. And he had no.
Speaker 2: Teeth they had no teeth he could be a whiz because.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 2: So fucking intelligent you know he he was calling OUT plays and that was i was watching all his you could tell he knew the game better than a lot of the other guys he. Was playing against was knowing? WAS he a dude's. DUDE i probably don't know i heard a snake story where he almost killed a guy from putting a. Fake, SNAKE in his room like i don't. Think he's a dude's dude he's not a guy that you want to fuck with. Or pull a frank. On he might kill you he.
Speaker 3: Looks, like he writes manifestos. Yes he's got a list. Yeah, he's got, a list yeah so no don't. Don't pull franks, ON him you know what.
Speaker 2: I think he's a. Dog he's just a.
Speaker 3: Dog he.
Speaker 2: Is a dog, you know, he's he's relentless he's motivated. He's physically a mentally tough has exceeded everything that. Everyone thought he couldn't. Do At the highest level jack lambert is, a dude of a dog.
Speaker 3: And dogs a dude don't. Care, about getting the credit no they just. Want to feel the love and they just. Want to do their job and, when they do their. Job they. Feel the love that's.
Speaker 2: It that's that was. Poetic That. Was fucking POETIC rob dog that's.
Speaker 3: Why i have a. Dog you have a dog does. Not care about his popularity he just cares about doing what he needs, to Do, to protect myself protect. Camille and protect the house and then he feels like he's accomplished and then he snuggles into. Me and we share love.
Speaker 2: That's just dogs. Loving dogs He's. A dog stamp it.
Speaker 3: Dog drafted six overall in THE Two, thousand and five nfl draft he was known for, his exceptional speed and agility highlighted by a four three, eight second forty, yard dash and his career He Was named to three pro Bowls And a. First team ALL pro, selection before his nfl career he made A Name For. Himself at west virginia University Let's.
Speaker 2: Get, on pac man jones.
Speaker 3: Jus what's the first thing you think of One you Hear The. Name, adam pac MAN jones.
Speaker 2: Well first Thing i. Think of is bengal formation remember we. Had a series of formations it was AN empty, formation Where, that f moved So Tiger. Our REMINDER was kevin Falk The. F was always kevin falk. He, Was, in the slot yes, brown he was always outside so you. Always KNEW where everyone was the f was on. The Outside, of the Formation for bengal we learned bengal that he was all the Way inside the formation because, bengals Always went to jail And i'm pretty sure pac man went to the those things and he had a couple of those antiques were he was part of. Our learning of a formation who Came, Up with that creatail cha. BENGALS are always in jail.
Speaker 3: I wish you. SHARED that knowledge with me i would have understood. The, playbook a lot, easier.
Speaker 2: Well on that side you were, always on THE back side SO the y and the x. Were always they didn't move it was always the front side of the formation that had to move. On that series of formations that's how. Crazy our fucking formation was BUT that's the first THING i think of When, i THINK of pac man because i remember when, We were installing this formation, chattyo Brought up you know pac man Got caught. Up, at The strip club again those. Bengals are always in jail that's just. How YOU guys remind it and.
Speaker 3: I can tell you this If you're if you're at, bengal and you're in jail YOU'RE gonna be a. Tough sob that's for sure and that's the type of player that he was. Out on the. Football field he. WAS tough, he could tackle i MEAN, he wasn't the biggest dB, but let me tell you he acted. Like he was. The biggest like a linebacker he was like how did you describe it earlier. Coming off of. The ad he knifed it so he wasn't just. One, of those plastic knives now it was. A freaking a steak knife he was.
Speaker 2: Definitely like a STEAK knife so a lot i remember a lot of the coaching Plans. When we'd have pac man they would play. Him into the boundary corner, he'd be a boundary corner and a lot of times they would play A cover two and pac man would be the last or he would, be the outside edge defender so like. We'd always have to worry it almost looked like it was a blitz because, he was crunching so much and. He was knifing so much but it was just he was such an instinctive smart player that he knew because of formation that. He could go in there so you always had to be on your p's and Q's when you had pac man in the boundary because he was so elite in the, run game as a corner like he. WAS an unbelievable punt returner i used to watch him all the time AS a pump returner because i would always like to watch the best pump returners in the league to see. How they were getting open and he was. Just such a fast guy he knew, he had great. Field awareness great field vision he put his foot in the ground and he would go. And he could outrun. PEOPLE he, was elite speed i mean you Don't Go, six Overall From west virginia which west virginia had a lot. Of players at this time you got To Tip, your cap, and pat white. You know McAfee went.
Speaker 3: There they had, a lot of good players but he went six.
Speaker 2: Overall at, five to. Ten you know that's crazy it doesn't matter if you. Have elite speed or not so that tells you how. Good of a football player he? WAS what, do you see, i mean he was scrappy. Talked a lot of shit meet him on the spot on the. FIELD a couple of times i.
Speaker 3: Mean he's ALMOST f freaking fifty different nfl players out on the football field because he. WOULD get under, their. Skin, i, respected it though yeah yeah you definitely had a respect to. Him because that was him it wasn't like it was. Just coming out. Of nowhere it, Was, him it was him no. And YOU gotta appreciate that what i, really loved the bottom too is, just as ball skills man whenever, he was around the ball it would be. Tipped up in the air. He was bringing up down he had wide receiver hands and uh you want to kind of know what he reminds me of because he had so many returns as a, kickoff returner and punt returner but also when he would return, the ball on an interception is that he looked like. A third down running back he, RUNNING with that ball man i feel like he could have played the running back position because of just how shifty he was and. Just how his hands were they were, they were very, you KNOW very uh.
Speaker 2: Well, am i looking for consistent consistent of being.
Speaker 3: Able to catch the ball so he was a third down back playing corner and you talked about him like, he was a middle linebacker like but, really on top of it he, was a, great cover guy, you KNOW great, ball skills like, I SAID and like yeah and i got a. LITTLE story my rookie year I Mean it was, pac man jones out there why covered going one on one, versus Whoever he was covering and west was in the slot and uh he but we Did, a quick pass to west so you, know at the you know lined up inside, at the tight END position you know how I bolt out there and i GOTTA. Go to block the dB and This is my, first GAME i've ever played and I. SAW it was, pac man, i WAS like oh shit do i really? Want TO block this guy like i don't know what. HE'S gonna do to me i mean All these stories about pac, man out there, talking shit coming after, you getting under your skin that.
Speaker 2: Was in, the scouting report.
Speaker 3: It was it really was it was. In BACK of my, HEAD but i. WAS like I screw that i gotta. I gotta show my. Abilities I gotta do me so. I Kind of ran that pac man, broke down a little bit. Got right into his chest boy drove him about three four. Yards right to the sideline, west ran right, behind, me SCORED a touchdown baby, and i just. TURNED around like that's. Right, I, just blocked back.
Speaker 2: Man joe let's Go To. The strip without bobby.
Speaker 3: Juels you're talking about How You almost fought pac. Man, jones on the FIELD well what does a dB have to do to make? You want to fight him what was he saying to you or what? Did he, Do to you come on.
Speaker 2: Joe was calling. Me white boy or, something you? Ain't, got shit no speed yeah HE was giving out, of I don't even remember but.
Speaker 3: I mean it was pretty easy. To, get Under your skin really okage. Weel's not really at all.
Speaker 2: But, if you PISS me off that means i was into one hundred and. Ten percent every fucking play so a lot of GUYS wouldn't do it because i. Was GONNA keep it. GOING but i don't KNOW i remember one time i Took a BALL and pac man thought i was, gonna GO out of bounds and i kind of trucked him and he looked up and he got up and he started TALKING shit to me because i had like thirty yards and, he was coming right here like, he didn't have any momentum so. Like THAT person's gonna win and i lit him up. And he looked at. ME he said some shit, i forgot what, he said.
Speaker 3: But he said fuck you.
Speaker 2: STEALING shit dog, or something, i was. LIKE fuck you pack men i didn't want to talk too much SHIT to pack me because i heard. ABOUT the guns and shit i heard about, the strip clubs, AND stuff so you know i didn't know if he would. Take it off the, field.
Speaker 3: So, it Was? Like what's up? Pack MAN what's a Dog.
Speaker 2: But i Love pac man we've did we've got to. Hang out a few, times he's a fun dude like and. HE'S grown up a lot i think he's GREAT on PODCASTS and ship i saw. I watched him, on McAfee he's you know he's he's done very well off the field and in transforming his. Is kind of his image like we when We were all playing pac man was like he was a dude that, was he got in trouble. He got suspended and shit now like it's been awesome to see him reimage himself and BECOME like he's working. FOR espn for a while i means channel.
Speaker 3: He's one of the only dudes that had the, borderline antics of Getting arrested going to the strip club and being. Known for all of that and he's still in the media and he and he's he's killing he's still a guy that people look up to because that's how good of. A football player he was and. He owned it as well that's when, you know, you're a great you know football player and someone who you know who you. Are because you own it and when, you own something like that it's not like you're gonna. Get canceled or written off you're gonna find. Opportunities that present to You And that's what pac man jones. Has done for his life and That's why he's on the pat McAfee show now and. He's DOING a great Job and i love the pat McAfee show to, just speaking of wild cards that guy's a wild card. AND the, best way possible i mean that guy comes up with freaking dilemmas and notions like no. One ELSE can possibly. Do and i love it.
Speaker 2: What's the mount? RUSHMORE Of athletes, turned, PODCASTERS.
Speaker 3: M all, right, well i would say obviously let's start. With that GUY right there pat mcmackee i mean he. Was one of the first. He actually. Stopped playing football two shows he, can get into, that world ye, Doing, podcasts.
Speaker 2: Crazy the media yeah.
Speaker 3: Crazy he changed the.
Speaker 2: Game, he changed the game.
Speaker 3: Yes he took a chance he was the ultimate. Wild card for doing that, and let me tell you he changed the game for all, these other, players that are you know after they retire and trying. To Find a second life so, pat McAfee definitely number. One no doubt about that let's just say a bunch of names that's.
Speaker 2: Got to, Be On, there.
Speaker 3: Great podcast shannon. Sharp. No Doubt about, that obviously the kelsey brothers. They're doing a.
Speaker 2: Great job is that? It There's, Only, four, them mount rushmore no Well Let's.
Speaker 3: Not even do mount rushmore let's just name a, couple's just, have a category, a category, top top ten top eight. You know whatever It, is kelsey's a fun. YES They do great job, JJ reddick did great man i like. Got that head coaching. Job, HE'S not podcasting anymore.
Speaker 2: Guy i mean. He said a good podcast you got a. Head, coaching job out.
Speaker 3: Him Yeah that's. FOR sure brandon marshall's legit i think you've. Done some stuff with.
Speaker 2: Im he's a freaking entrepreneur i'm very. Proud Of what HE'S, done the cat and pmt they're. They're former high, School.
Speaker 3: Athletes yeah, they are man you're Right High school ATHLETES and big cat and pmt they're like one of the originals. AS well, to start podcasting i Mean If you look at big, CAT with HIS shirt Off i mean i. THINK big he's an athlete. I, think he's a guy yes, he's got like good eyebrows. He got a nice beard he.
Speaker 2: Does like he tries. To play the. Fat guy. I'm, so fat none good look. He's actually a handsome. Guy he lost thirty pounds HE'D. Probably be in fucking gq.
Speaker 3: He's like one of those chubby guys. That you. Want, to snuggle he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah like and.
Speaker 3: It's, comfortable he's very snuggling yeah, and it's, nice and Warm You, Know like, pac Man, Joe, oh Yeah. Pack man yeah pac.
Speaker 2: Man you Know another thing about pac man that that's. NOT really, known out there i mean he's a. He's a stand, up dude he you know he may he may, have his antics and ship, but as a human. Being He's, a great, dude chris henry, you Know lost his, kids pac Man's raising them and, pac man's Providing for them and pac. Man's the mentor For Him you've seen pac man jones grow up. OVER the, last twenty years i mean he's not the guy he was when he was in the, first got in the league going. To strip clubs, and shit maybe he is but. He contains it a little but he's. A fucking stand up dude you gotta. Tip. Your, cat to him man.
Speaker 3: Yeah shout out to pac man for taking On that role and doing he's a, good ass for his friend you know that. That you know passed away. That was A Sad Story. But Also chris henry jr pac man raised him and he's committed To Play Football. At. The ohio state university geez so that's. A cool story right there And Obviously learning from pac man jones, one of, the most athletic you know sensational cornerbacks. That ever, played the game you know Make Sure You check out chris henry junior when he's at, the house to you knows he's going to be. A heck.
Speaker 2: Of a player, i bet and once again a wild card is not. Just like doing bad things it's just, unpredictable of Good bad whatever and pac man is is. Is the, wild card guy you know, he does some, great seat.
Speaker 3: Does great things does some wild things that, you're kind of unsure of but then he always backs it up by doing, another great thing. As well another good deeds.
Speaker 2: Who are some? Teammates? That, you consider family.
Speaker 3: Uh, Well First, Off of you jules man you're. DEFINITELY part of the family, i mean we're, all family our podcasting. Team we're, All, family here another teammate. Dola Definitely A family, Member Nico, kudavid's i mean matthew slater we don't we don't hang.
Speaker 2: Out with him as much he's like the, older brother that you know just looks down.
Speaker 3: At and making sure that we're doing the right things still and if, we're doing the wrong thing he's going to give, us, a call and say buddy what's? Your clean clean it up your act is getting a, Little out of control.
Speaker 2: Now tom kind of Like older yeah brother to.
Speaker 3: Tom's like, are older older older brother older older brother that's making sure. We're on the right Page Who Else. We Got chandler jones man chandler Jones was chan was the HE was the blackgronk and I. Was the white chan Man When. We were in new england that's. What We. CALL each other love chan i will always consider him, one, of, my, brothers man definitely no, No No. Doubt about that nino nino he's, like brother that you like everyone, Has, a, brother you bully yeah. Yeah we do bully him what Kind Of?
Speaker 2: Dude is pac man jones let's get it into what Kind Of? Dude, is pac. MAN jones ah he's definitely i bet you he's a dude's. DUDE in a certain way i bet you anyone, THAT played with them like.
Speaker 3: I bet he was a great teammate actually because he had wonderful. Stories, to get everyone going hey, when you make the club you trying. To, make everyone have. Fun yeah that's the, truth energy to the, table that's all it matters no. Matter how, you do it you know, with whatever antic you're doing you're bringing the energy to.
Speaker 2: The table and your amp never come into. Him, being a dude's dude yeah you're talking to. Him being a dude's. Dude he's also a stud we can't forget. He was drafted six overall he's, fucking four to. Three guy five to. Ten he like a linebacker ten total fucking kick off return touchdowns like seven pick six is this guy was elite with. The ball in his hand. THANK god he played corner.
Speaker 3: I mean it. WAS he, wasn't a freak i mean because, a freak is. You know there's the.
Speaker 2: Statue he was freaky speed he had and fifty or at.
Speaker 3: Freak like two weeks ago it wasn't like he was. A. Six, foot six corner no yeah so he got free common size so, that you know on three.
Speaker 2: We, know what it is yeah we do. Know. What one two three dog. He's, got that.
Speaker 3: DOG mentality, remotivated he's motivated, I mean you bite him he's.
Speaker 2: Coming right back at you he's gonna he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a pit bull he gonna come back to, you as a pit bull and he ain't gonna. Stop, until the fight's.
Speaker 2: Over no he's not man he's definitely. A dog fucking pac man we got to, compete against him a lot and he was always you knew you had to, bring your a game against always barking at yeah too during, always whether good. Or bad he was Barking Let's get.
Speaker 3: On ed coach balichick's favorite defensive player besides Who's That Guy From the new york giants jewels That He. Loves As. Well lawrence taylor lawrence taylor he always Gets A. Hard on for lawrence taylor. But he had another ball he got about Like Three. Quarters chop for ed Reid We Used To. Call ed reed edward belichick SO let's to see. What, ai asked to say Well you, couldn't BLAME coach balichuck nothing because. I read was a baller he, was a. Ball er athletic all Right, start the clock at reid standing at five foot eleven and weighing two hundred five pounds At Reidplay, Safety For, the Baltimore Ravens Houston. Texans And new york jets the jets when he played for, the late late twenty thirteen he. Must have. Been one season one, season drafted twenty fourth overall, he just, probably wanted, that you know final check because why Would he go to. The Jets, in twenty thirteen all right. We'll talk about that later drafted twenty fourth overall in two thousand And two Out. Of the universe of miami was KNOWN, for, his, high football iq. Playmaking abillity and unmatched leadership, he was a game changer finishing his, career, with sixty four interceptions fifteen one hundred and ninety interception return yards. Cool and seven defensive touchdowns He Was, a nine time pro BOWLER Two Thousand and four Nfl, defense player of the YEAR and his all time nfl. LEADER in interception return yards i was GONNA say that right when i, Heard that number as well it's like that has to. Be a full time record. No one must be close he played His Entire. Career with, the, baltimore ravens, oh wait wait say hey you just said he played for three, teams in the first sentence, and now the last sentence he played His Entire. Career with the, baltimore ravens that ain't true and Help Bring them their second super bowl victory with a Win over The Forty nine ers. And, super bowl forty seven now, He Played for three Teams Houston Texans. And the new york jets, but he, had his best you know Career Years, obviously with the baltimore ravens and then just finished off with the with. The irrelevant years Didn't Matter he's definitely, A Baltimore raven for life miami hurricane. Full BALL PLAYER for life the. U i mean he's known he put THE he helped put the u on, the map, and also helped you know Put That defense of the baltimore ravens. On the map as well this Is. WHY lewis, the ray lewis i mean that's why they were known as the TOUGHEST. Defense In in The Nfl ray lewis Ad, reid and what's his, yeah, tizzle drouse.
Speaker 2: Loading, nada oh.
Speaker 3: Loading nada man, that dude oh my gosh, he's like vita vea base, three hundred and, sixty pounds just mass up blows up. Holes you can't move them but what's the first thing You think of about ad reid, When, you hear HIS name jules first thing i think of. Is cover for red. Area him, blowing me up i'm sorry he. Blew me up in that remember When we PLAYED the first i'm sorry. I, asked, you this question yeah uh he did blow you remember that.
Speaker 2: One we were playing, there he oh oh. Yeah he lit me up oh but you, GOT right.
Speaker 3: Back UP though i did we i ended up scoring you a. Tough s o, b jewels but that nah. He tough on a gun he, was just the first thing, Like, he was just? Everywhere like what's that one there's that one thing two thirds of the. Earth is covered by water the other Third. Is covered, by ed reed LIKE that that is WHAT i think Of When. I think of ed reid got to.
Speaker 2: Compete against him from a very young, age at my rookie year and. That's when we were going they were Coming. And beating us in foxboro we WERE Battling. Them in the afc championship you remember those early. Years that we battled Them that was like our denver in the back of our career where we, were going playing THE toughest. You know what i mean it, just Was always a battle and edred was just a very unpredictable dude to try. To get a beat on he bade a qbs in, the mistakes all, the time all. The time all the.
Speaker 3: TIME you ever meet Him, I, NEVER met ed, reid, No i never have man AND it was good because i really never met, him on the field either. WHICH is a good thing, i PLAYED my rookie year but i really Didn't Play that much versus, baltimore ravens my rookie. YEAR probably twenty thirty plays i never really had a chance. To match up with him and then he was kind of onto the next teams like those irrelevant years on those teams of just Not REALLY playing versus some but i just remember, him in the. Heyday though which was good i'm glad that his heyday WAS before my heyday because i probably wouldn't have have had a Heyday then if there's had reed STILL in his. Heyday when i WAS there but just what i really loved about. Him, was, just his range oh yes he was a guesser and he, baited quarterbacks and the mistakes but also he bade him in the mistakes and then have that range to cover that mistake. That, the quarterback is making yeah he would get you to throw that deep ball and act like. He was out of coverage but he was so fast and athletic he would go and get that deep. Ball AND make that interception do I know, how good that, reid was how calm. Jewels how Good he was what did tim have to do in the playoffs IN Twenty Eleven? In the afc championship game what? Did he have to do because that. READ was just that guy.
Speaker 2: I remember he used to have to put in on, his wristband because you know for extended plays sometimes if you, had to check with me you'd, have a lengthy verbiage thing so. WE put it on there i bet you he had the reminder that said fine number twenty because he was just that big of a focal point, of that defense HE was, You know what i mean that's how much it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't just fine number twenty it was fine, number twenty on every play every locate and throw. The ball the other way it didn't. Say throw the ball way.
Speaker 2: But, you gotta find him.
Speaker 3: Yep you gotta find him you. Gotta know where he is you got a. Base to playoff of, him you gotta alert It You gotta learn, a when tom's doing that that means he doesn't like where twenty.
Speaker 2: Is EXACTLY without a doubt And i remember plays where, tom used, to talk About You, know He'd Watch ed reid and ed reid would be on the ground and he's got like the deep third and he'd be on, the ground in the box lying on the, ground like a goddamn lion and then get up and sprint back there and go pick a ball like that's kind. Of instinct THAT he had But what i loved about ray also BECAUSE early ON my career i. WAS i was a returner i was a special teamer and Whenever We played against the, baltimore ravens on all units he was a fucking problem on, our punt return you. Know or our punt team he had the up and under. On the field goal block he had the up and under like, he used, To block kicks scoop scores. He returned kicks for touchdowns he just was an all around fucking unbelievable football player that young football players need to watch, and not try to emulate Because Not. Everyone can be ed reid, now everyone can do, That but like understand that like. This dude's like a freak what.
Speaker 3: Would you say is the better safety between the TWO Ultimate, Safeties In the Afc North? Troy palomalu or. Ed reid that's. SO hard they're Different players i think of ed as, more of a DEEP safety like A Free i think.
Speaker 2: Of paula malu more of. A LIKE a strong safety. So i think they're different both just electric football players that, You WANT to play with like i would love to get to play with them because the amount of practice against, them that you would get like it would make. You, a better football? Player sure what iron?
Speaker 3: Sharpens what do you think It depends on the scheme it depends on the defensive. Coach what their, mindset is like you said if you have, a scheme, where the safeties you know are blitzing more and making more plays in the backfield and acting, more of like a linebacker You Got. To go with troy polamalu but if you have a scheme, where it's more about coverage You, gotta go with ad. REED no, doubt about it i mean this guy could cover any part of the, field at any given time even, if he's on one side if he has, one half of the field he can go to the other half and give. Help to the safety wants the ball is releasing so. Fast and just so quick and what's, so great about him too. Is, just his ball skills man he would like tip that ball to him like all the time for an interception like. And then, wide receiver skills.
Speaker 2: Post interception he'd be throwing. You throw the ball back they always you always had to be alert for a lateral or remember he stole the ball from his teammate to pick it when he. Was about to fall down out of Players Who, didn't play for coach belichick who do you Think is on the mount rushmore, of GUYS that he loves Because i for sure Ed Reed.
Speaker 3: Would be obviously lawrence taylor, we just talked for him but that we didn't play that. That we didn't play with what do you mean we didn't like that. Coach, that that didn't coach yeah maybe That So. Because he Coached Lawrence taylor he coached, lawrence taylor's out of there.
Speaker 2: But he's still on. There he's still, Still There. He's Still, THERE lawrence taylor all Right i would.
Speaker 3: Say ed reed. Might might be number one Then the guy, that coach belichick never. Coached, Never dreamed, of coaching sorry devin. Mccordy we got your back you want, To, rate dudes on dudes.
Speaker 2: Well coach? Bich got him what uh who?
Speaker 3: Else would be on there? Who else DID he, love, probably like I mean well he coached Cam New. And he loved Cam Newing. Always talked about cam newing you gotta. Contain him in the Pocket But, Then he coached cam newon so, that one doesn't really. Count But It, was him love peyton. Manny No doubt about it love another guy at a legend played, Way Back. In The day Jim Brown.
Speaker 2: Bill bill loved jim brown he whenever that is that is such a good pool because anytime there'd be just guys slap we'd be slap, dicking In the locker room and bill be coming on. With his, little fucking tie you know you go to the treadmill with. This binder in his towel he's going to watch some film on the tread and. Guys be.
Speaker 3: Arguing about shit you know. Bill sometimes would, say, something he'd be LIKE hey?
Speaker 2: You KNOW what i. Mean and i remember someone guys were arguing about top top. Running backs of all. Time oh it's. This GUY it's this guy and I Think. He just said jim, brown You Guys don't know fucking. Jim brown's best Football Player, like he Loves Jim. Brown loves. Loves jim brown All right what, about ad?
Speaker 3: Reid's you know college days he was HE, was the guy at theu LIKE he exemplified what. The u was all about top hard and those football, players that gave no damn no damn out, there out. On the field gave it they're all and this just represents. Them in just one play what? YOU got jewels about that i. Mean the Player right There Look at miami versus boston. College two thousand and one miami was up twelve seven Late In the game and boston. College was in the redsulum? Do, you remember this play yeah one of the most famous college. Football players of all time he got deflected into what, One Of, his defensive linemen ad reid strips the ball from him and takes it. Eighty, yards to the house yeah and they ended. Up winning eighteen to.
Speaker 2: Seven flashy like their defense like it. Just, just fun flash laymaker yeah. We put it in cunt he's. Also like, a speech giver you know you. Look at this. One speech i'm sitting there they're up twenty. One to three at Halftime he was pissed at miami's effort because they.
Speaker 3: Were like national champion HOPES this is when THE. U is the freaking U Here, You go. And ed reid i'm Hurt don't ask. Me if i'm all right i'm putting.
Speaker 2: My heart, in. This shit let's Go man and what happened they go out And blow him out forty.
Speaker 3: And then what, happened end of the year.
Speaker 2: Maybe rest of the season THEY Won The.
Speaker 3: National championship bcs national championship that. Is TWO thousand and one the u was the. You who didn't Love You.
Speaker 2: He's on the, mount rushmore You Guys? Too isn't. HE ray lewis mm hmm i, Mean What What offensive, Guys, michael irving gors. There shocky there's a couple there's. A bunch Of Tight, Ends What, About, Andre Johnson andre Johnson reggie, wayne warren sap oh man. THIS goes on that that i want to hear what people think OF? Who's on that big vv How CAN?
Speaker 3: You, Forget About, BIG v dude greg olsen i mean the.
Speaker 2: You, when we were. KIDS man you KNOW. What.
Speaker 3: I love the u dude i GOT an offer from the u to. GO play tight end there.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna go there it WAS at the very AND i just thought LIKE i.
Speaker 3: Was complete because i, Got the offer from you like, It, just, MADE me satisfied like yeah I, could Play at the u, but I'M not going there BUT i could play. THAT i, got the, offer i was you know VERY happy.
Speaker 2: The YOU when i, was when i you know when you're in eighth grade and you do that thing where you write a letter to yourself and then your teacher saves it and, then sends it to you and you're. A senior in high school mine went along the, lines, of something like this like it's good to see that you're probably going to be signing Your your Commitment. LETTER to university of miami i. HOPE you enjoyed the sunshine i WANTED to go. TO the us so bad i wrote to myself in eighth grade to. Fucking myself in THE future, AND little that i know I was ending, up at juco and yeah didn't. Didn't go To.
Speaker 3: The end and then kent it was kind of it was close to close because that.
Speaker 2: Was so that. Was close that was close you would Have.
Speaker 3: Run it up at, kent it was like THAT, we can't do the u But, we can do the kent Which. Is kind Of Near miami, but, The miami ohio yea yeah so it Was, offered to go to kent and then you would still you would still be in a junior college right now to.
Speaker 2: Go beat fucking beat you You Manifested To.
Speaker 3: PLAY against joey paul mulu I have Manifested play Against, Miami of ohio. Baby miami ohio grade school my friend went there him twice, and let me tell you. We had a good time and my jersey is up on the wall and it got stolen It Was right. Next to big ben's jersey forgot, the Place, We Went To. OH man miami house. Cool i never went, crazy sean.
Speaker 2: McVay loved it Loved it i played against sean McVay, When. He went to. Miami, ohio he's that. Young yeah he's. That, Old, i'm that old. No no he's that young he's both.
Speaker 3: BECAUSE he's. A head coach i know but he was a.
Speaker 2: Head coach ten years. Ago he got any twenties?
Speaker 3: What position did he play.
Speaker 2: He was the receiver slot he, Had, a catch. Against US yeah just one though. I don't really remember.
Speaker 3: Him i, Try to get you.
Speaker 2: Now guarantee you remember me, that's what.
Speaker 3: WE'RE talking about.
Speaker 2: All right i love time What kind Of? DUDE is, red oh.
Speaker 3: Man, i mean definitely a wizard because you got to, know the game of football especially on the, defensive side of the ball in order to bait your quarterback in the throwing the ball so you. Can go make an interception but his absolute dog too when he made that interception, brought it to the house, stripping his lineman in college so he can go for an eighty r touchdown not returning as well as the most electric returns and MOST yardage. Return in the. Nfl history the player block.
Speaker 2: When you're the superstar on defense and you're still, playing in the. Kicking game that's fucking dog that's when.
Speaker 3: You know you're. A legend that's a dog that's when you know you're. A football, player as. Well mental toughness, always motivated You Knew that you.
Speaker 2: Knew ed reid was motivated HEART. And, SOUL of the u well i mean. There's, so, many hearts there yeah yeah there was so many heart.
Speaker 3: But one of them one of the HEART. And souls of the u one. Of the, heart, and souls so dog dog. Dog stamping damp it dog we'll be right.
Speaker 2: Back after, this quick break all right let's go into.
Speaker 3: Our next bomb bomp bomm sure we're gonna go. For more than ten minutes we've already went. For more than ten? Minutes?
Speaker 2: Who's?
Speaker 3: OUR next guest?
Speaker 2: Tom alrighty? I mean wow all, Right.
Speaker 3: Who's our next guest Julian Our Next Guest.
Speaker 2: Is thomas edward patrick BRADY now let's see what ai HAS. What to say about tv two guys. That know him PRETTY well let's see if ai. Knows Him, just as well All right, started the clock.
Speaker 3: LET'S see let's see if ai is really. Living up to the standards let's see, HE'S, everyone's saying.
Speaker 2: Last Two ai all right TOM brady.
Speaker 3: Is, a legendary nfl quarterback well they're already wrong BECAUSE he's. Not a legendary NFL quarterback he. Was an nfl? Legendary QUARTERBACK or is He Does?
Speaker 2: AI know he's tom.
Speaker 3: Ay i know, something, THAT we don't know.
Speaker 2: Right heyi is.
Speaker 3: Living Up To the standards dolphin kyle shanahan Still, wants them with THE niners even though.
Speaker 2: Maybe ai is? Up TO something? Right now is.
Speaker 3: I see he's a Renowned For his record seven Super Bowl VICTORIES And. Five. Super bowl mvp, awards wow off the field he, is, known for, HIS discipline lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Very disciplined, tv twelve, method business venturess business ventures, a lot, of business ventures, owned teams lots of teams. Greaders potentially coming.
Speaker 3: Up soon and philanthropic efforts a lot of, giving back to the kids best.
Speaker 2: Buddies, for a long time yes and.
Speaker 3: What about the?
Speaker 2: Kids, he helped become superstars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he helped us out. Too were part of that it doesn't go. In that's, not full anthropy but no that's. His biggest philanthropy right there it was definitely. Okay helping us kids out, he helped, Us, a lot all right oh INCLUDING his Work with the tb twelve foundation WHICH you Just. Mentioned and, tv twelve foundation. Brady's. Leadership he's a leader resilience, guy's fucking, Resilient, and commitment come. On jules as he committed this guy has committed like no other to excellence have. Made him an iconic figure is.
Speaker 2: The iconic fucking he's got.
Speaker 3: To order the most iconic guy's got to iconic figure both in, SPORTS and infinity.
Speaker 2: And BEYOND isfs.
Speaker 3: And beyond but i added that little, bite of, buzz light year you.
Speaker 2: KNOW spectacle aspect. INTO it i, Like THAT i like THAT BUT i can't believe a I DIDN'T one thing.
Speaker 3: That a i didn't Get this guy's his compartment his compartmentalization.
Speaker 2: And skill is fucking outrageous that's.
Speaker 3: What when anyone asked me like what is he could literally have, so many things going around going, going on in.
Speaker 2: His life but when, it was time for work he could blur all that out and think about what that workday was and fucking get the most, out of, that work day every day which some would say that's like a serial killer or. SOME kind of maniac mindset i would say that's like. The, Greatest, of all time yes. JULES that's a great point i, actually never thought of that and. That's one hundred percent accurate and that's actually contributes to, why he was so great is that, he could ignore the noise whatever, is going on out, there whatever the, situation was it, Didn't, matter and he would yeah. He would use that anyways he.
Speaker 3: Was using it as fuel, it would be diesel, fuel it, would be normal normal. Fuel super one. Rated fuel it didn't matter usually a few freaking, gas stations have that. Fuel fill up that engine, and he had diesel engine. He had freaking premium engine he had every engine. In the book jet engine and that's. What made him so great. And he used that fuel and he. Burned all that fuel.
Speaker 2: Too this is probably terrible there's so many he burns so much fuel that he killed literally so much of the ozone layer that he's a fucking hazard to.
Speaker 3: Our environment because that's. How much fuel he burns with the, motivation and his compartmentalization factors that's, how much fuel he's burning and that and that jet was. Full go, every single time you know when, you get, on a plane, you're like this freaking pilot better drive this plane or fly this. Plane, as fast as possible well drive it too freaking on the runway to get to the runway. To freaking take off asap so fly it and drive. It as fast. As possible that's this. Guy and he's got headwinds you're actually using more fuel and. The fuel never ran out the guy has fucking airplanes that. Come out while you're flying have you seen that where they use the fucking piece and while they're flying in the air and the connecting.
Speaker 2: One, to the other limited Yeah. That's and that is alex. Alex is, the little airplane oh man.
Speaker 8: He.
Speaker 2: JUST has, so, much fuel i mean.
Speaker 3: Oh that was so. Good that was, so good there they Are look at there's.
Speaker 2: Alex.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 2: Fueling time up wow wow.
Speaker 3: And that's something that happen that's A love thing out of alex, because he get. Him. Going, keeps them going man well. LET'S get, to some accolades i mean first he was he was picked one sixth round. AND the, Two thousand draft i mean i'm sure everyone knows that by Now he was with the patriots from, two thousand to twenty Nineteen and then with the bucks two. Thousand to TWENTY twenty two and actually i just got a quiz on him how many years DID? He play in the nfl AND it was right before i talked to Him, Two Weeks ago on, fox kurt menafie asked me we. Played, a little live game hey how well Do You know? Your teammate tom brady goes How Many more years did TOM brady play? In THE nfl than you? And I played Eleven Years and i thought tom. BRADY played twenty four years. I actually got it wrong he played TWENTY, Three years in the. Nfl so shame on me but it was better to be over on that than the hit. It right on the nose but that's? How many? YEARS he played? Is that i just KNOW it was so many i. Couldn't even keep track anymore he played eleven years more years than he played, eleven years more than you in. Twelve years more THAN me that IS fucking i played twelve i PLAYED, eleven years in the nfl and he PLAYED more YEARS in the nfl THAT. I put in the? Nfl he that without? Me? Does, that make sense. YEAH yeah like if you i, don't know what that's called. But, that's a math term. Yeah that's called. The whole that's, called.
Speaker 2: Goat, that's fucking goat gyoat.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's called. Jet fuel alex's. Jet. Fuel alex's jet fuel yeah what was The? First time you MET tom The first time i met tom was. Actually WHAT was pretty wild When i Was. At the, UNIVERSITY of arizona you know. I was doing my interview i had a. COUPLE of touchdowns that game i was, showing off my touchdown celebrations and, then the, lady interviewing me she's like who do you see BEING. Your quarterback, in the nfl and, OBVIOUSLY right, On The spot i go tom brady would be the best QUARTERBACK, to have in the nfl and especially. A great fit for me and, that was, Just the ANSWER you know and then i did my, touchdown dances and all. THAT and then what happens I get Drafted To the patriots and tom brady BECOMES. My quarterback in, The nfl it. Was LIKE i'm manifested it, WHEN i was in college i. Manifested a lot of Things, And if you ask tom tom's probably really Big into manifesting his Manifest He manifested all his super bowls because Right After, he won a super bowl he would already have a clock counting. Down to the next next so. He was manifesting like crazy you just learned, so much knowledge from him and he's done so many things right to, be able to, get to uh you know nature. Of where he is now it wasn't like he. Just had the. Athletic ability he showed, up he did everything right and he put the time in that you, can. Never argue against him. Can't you can't a bed so let's get let's GET back to what. WAS i talking.
Speaker 2: ABOUT again i Don't, KNOW i just.
Speaker 3: Got yeah i GOT at the, first time i met him it. WAS in the training room i was getting my ankles. Taped AND he walked in so i was there, already for the, rookie camps the rookie practices and he. Just walks, up, To, Me He Goes, hey ROB i'm tom, brady and, i was like oh wow this. GUY already, knows my name i mean that's also what makes, him so great as well is that he already, knows all the rookies names all, the guys that were drafted, what rounds they were drafted in what type, of player they already were, because he, wants to know, you know their athletic ability you know what, type of guy they are, so he can understand them so he can be on the same page as, the best out of them so he can get the best, out of them, as well like you said and he could have that, connections to help win games so he can be, on the same. You know wavelength as them so, he already knew my, name CAME up to me.
Speaker 2: And i just thought.
Speaker 3: It. WAS the coolest, thing, man, i just said hey. Man nice to meet you. It was.
Speaker 2: Just super quick he left what did?
Speaker 3: You Think In your head and tom brady knew my name and that was the greatest honor to shake his hand. While getting my ankles taped.
Speaker 2: And Then He goes wins. Four super.
Speaker 3: BOWLS with them that's crazy. I, had a similar story yeah.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: Like when you met? HIM what was that, Story i.
Speaker 2: Was, going from like you said.
Speaker 3: We were already in, there when you're a rookie you get in there, before back in our day you get in, there before the vets reported and so you'd be there for like three weeks rookie camp, And learning INSTALLATIONS of everything and so.
Speaker 2: I had a big book. We all had these books it Was like a five inch remember those old old, Binders before we had iPads we used. TO have big old binders i.
Speaker 3: DIDN'T like carrying them around i left MINE in my. Locker, when i went home yeah even though you were supposed to. BRING it home, TO study i was like. I ain't carrying that binder, I.
Speaker 2: Used TO carry.
Speaker 3: IT you did i do I Was trying to, make.
Speaker 2: So i'm over here getting Five minutes, before the, special Teams meeting it's true and I'm running through. And THE vets came In and i SAW the vets coming because i saw well. In the in the cafeteria didn't. SAY a word TO me i was but i wanted to. BIG timey a little bit.
Speaker 3: I had a.
Speaker 2: Leather jacket he looks cool he looks like when you.
Speaker 3: Guys big time each. Other it's entertainment for me all, Right back TO time though and so, i KNEW they were in but i. Was going to my meeting and, he walks, through the door you know.
Speaker 2: The entrance of the. Locker room from the hall he walks, IN there, and he goes. I like look at. Him i, dropped my, book i'm like.
Speaker 3: Oh shit THIS dude. Is taller than, i, Thought And. HE goes Hey, i'm tom, I go jules he goes i know. We have the same, agent dragon's my agent too.
Speaker 2: Or SOMETHING something like, that and i was, like nice to MEET you and you could i felt, the, same, way you felt like. Damn he knew. My name that's fucking crazy but he knew, that he knew everyone's name and he made everyone feel special and that that was, part of, his leadership skill you know like what made, him such an unbelievable leader from the, meal ladies to you know the, people in the. Equipment room the.
Speaker 3: Training staff like it didn't, matter what was going, on how the day went he was always a, pretty cool dude to everyone and, everyone was always WATCHING him. You know what i mean and that's when you're, the, quarterback of the team everyone no matter what is, going on in your life is watching that person and to see, how they, react to. Everything the success the failure your, eyes go.
Speaker 2: To that guy you know and he was, the perfect guy for us especially, when we were young, knuckleheads to, look at like all right this is how. You have to do it he gave you the example and.
Speaker 3: He was just a fucking he gave us the blueprint on, how, to become a reliable talented you know player that you needed to be to. Help the team win games he gave us the blueprint on how to become a star. Out there on the field he gave us the blueprint, on how to make plays how to go out there and have, that mindset ready to go and also be mentally and physically ready at all times on the practice field. And on the game field. There's no doubt about that and he didn't. Just give you a blueprint he. Showed you. The, way too showed, You, yes he showed YOU hey this is where i. Want you on this route this is when you. Need to look at me this is where the ball. Is, going to change you yes he trained you. To be, like that, puppy oh wait oh wait oh you. Want to, Take a break hey man i'm telling you your mind. Will let, you go farther, let's go. Four more routes let's go you got to be able to be on. The same page as me you. Got to be, right here be. More physical be more. Physical you're bigger than everyone run his, ass over and turn around and, THE ball will. Be there i promise you and if, you don't hit that, guy if, you're not physical guess what the ball is. Not gonna come to you he would just lay. It out just like that his leadership was just what's that word. Where, it's just. Brutally honest yes brutally honest and that's what. Made him so great, too.
Speaker 2: So like with him that's what he always. HARPED to gronk with me i remember in those because a lot of times we would get that coaching in the offseason when he, would go fly out, somewhere we, would throw together you know because there's times. Where you would DO it there's times. There i would do it he would always try to get his, throes in with, his guys and for me he'd always come, up, TO me and like hey i. NEED you to be here i need you. To be, like a boxer you know You can't you can't be you can't just do what the thing. Shows you on the paper you. Have to feel it out you got to set things up with your jab and. Then you, use your right you. Know it's like a box you got to be more. Savvy IN your route running that's, i remember you saying that, and, then he'd always say like you got to run like a fucking you got. To be able to run you got to be. Able to run all, day and like you, said when you were tired we would. Do those sets of routes he'd make you do three or four extra ones and he would say you'd line up and you would you think, that the drill was, done, and he would say oh there is offsides on, a penalty on your teammates or there WAS, a holding call or pi or. We got to redo it and he, knew you were dog dead. But he wanted to see he wanted to get everything out of you. When you were on empty he wanted to see what, kind of guy you were and he wanted to show you that's what. He expected in game time.
Speaker 3: And a word that you could have. Used in there as well that kind of sums, it up a little bit is. He loved. A decisive route run decisive he didn't care if the paper said run. Ten yards and run out. He didn't care one bit he cared about being decisive on the practice field and taking that decisiveness and bringing. It to, the, game field he goes hey if you're gonna run twelve yards even though, it's a ten yard route or if you're gonna run eight yards and it's. Gonna be a. Little short just be decisive let me know. When you're gonna break out let me know, when YOU'RE gonna break down so i can GET that ball out. AND i can read you i don't need you to have. FIFTEEN steps where you're slow i think you're going to go to the left and then you. Go, to the, right site no be decisive AND if you're a decisive i will find you and that ball will be out and it. Will be right on.
Speaker 2: Point that's what he said what's? The biggest misconception of him you Think The?
Speaker 3: BIGGEST misconception of tom brady i.
Speaker 2: Think he Said, he's cool is. That, YEAH he is cool no i.
Speaker 3: Think that's the biggest.
Speaker 2: Misconception.
Speaker 3: He's not that cool depends, that's the misconception. Right there because, he's cool. When he's, comfortable he's cool but no if, HE'S comfortable in the situation.
Speaker 2: I think he's. NOT cool when he's comfortable i, think when he's around us he's, kind, of like a, dork yeah a little bit and, then when to everyone, else HE'S the coolest guy which i still think. He's the coolest guy ever but then, when you, have him around you're like he's. Really kind of a dork.
Speaker 3: There's, some situations where you, know if if. He's, comfortable, he's more himself yes yes and, he's more like You, Know like like dad jo like if he knows all, the cameras are shut off like he can finally Just. Have, something to be tom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's, KIND of, dorky okay okay i like but you need a little dork. In in.
Speaker 3: Your your quarterback you do mostly all. Quarterbacks are a little dorky and. THAT'S what, makes some quarterbacks i, mean Not all of them but i'm saying it's kind of like just, a trait what quarterbacks, have but a little bit just. A little bit, in them.
Speaker 2: He is cool. But he's a little dorky but you.
Speaker 9: Just, SAID he's, not cool no i said. The biggest misconception he's cool he always keeps a chip.
Speaker 3: On his. SHOULDER always always that's work i, THINK everyone, knows Work ethic i know but i'm just. Giving some facts about him?
Speaker 2: What, else is a misconception.
Speaker 3: Mmm, that he's not clutch no.
Speaker 2: That's not even a.
Speaker 3: MISCONCEPTION everyone knows he's clutch i just wanted to Try. To throw you off jewels how about this guy also, Played, baseball and Got Drafted. Yeah by the expos montreal no wonder why he didn't Go. AND play baseball the expos i mean, they have, a cool hat. They do got cool colors they're gone. Though, They're NOT even there no so i mean that's why he. Didn't want, to go, there he's. LIKE oh man, my legacy i go there the. Team's going To be gone that means. I'M going to be gone. I want to last Forever I'll Go to. The, new england patriots instead yeah.
Speaker 2: He was in high. School when he got dry he went to the same he went to the same house He.
Speaker 3: Was, going to the patriots.
Speaker 2: YEAH he, went, to that i remember well we grew. Up in the same area so he went to The Same, High School. As lynn swan barry bonds there's like so many really good athletes to come, Out, of that freaking school. Sarah it's all boys school.
Speaker 3: What What was the moment that tom? Made you the, most ANNOYED oh my god when I would return punts like. I remember my rookie year it.
Speaker 2: Was the freaking preseason game it was my first punt return and THERE was a repunt and i ended, up housing the second, ONE but The first one i see tom on the sideline and he's got a little anxiety because it's his. First game from his knee so he's like he was like coaching me up on. How to, return a punt he's, like just get up. There just get up There.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting there, and, i'm looking at. Him like fuck this guy this. Guy has never done this He does not know. WHAT i'm feeling right now i. Was so annoyed with him and then THEN they repunted it AND i housed it and i fucking slam.
Speaker 2: THE ball against the, thing I was fired, UP and i was like i, Was so annoyed with them like this guy's he's never felt what it fills when. The guys are running full.
Speaker 3: THIS is new to me i never felt, It either, at the time, so like fuck this GUY let me.
Speaker 2: Do what i gotta do, he DOES not a run and i. Was so annoyed with him i'll tell.
Speaker 3: You MINE what was yours when I was a rookie and i couldn't get outside of the, defender on a flag, route which is flag rout, which is a corner route so you run about ten, twelve yards and you know you give a little stick and you break it forty five degrees. And run a corner route and the defender, was always outside of me sitting at, like squatting at ten, yards and. He's always says get outside if you have, a flag route corner route you gotta get outside OF the defender or else i will never. Throw YOU the freaking ball. SO i was a rookie i. Was KIND of like clunky so i wasn't really. That athletic, AS a rookie you know i Wasn't Running.
Speaker 2: Rout, SIDE right doubleday's and yeah.
Speaker 3: I was tired as, well i couldn't, GET outside and in practice i didn't. Get outside of the guy he's like two three, yards Outside of me too and i'm Trying to fake him like i'm going inside and trying to get. Around Him on the corner and brady just turns around in the, meeting because it's on. Film and, He, Turns around he goes gronk i'm fucking. DONE throwing you the ball i told you. Fifty times to get. Outside you're NOT getting outside and like I Got all sad and alge crumpler start patting, my leg, And, he's like it's okay. Gronk HE doesn't mean, it and i, was Like, yeah he does. Alg man he means it and let, me tell you this time you fucking throw me the ball like A thousand times after so i knew he was all bullshit time telling me he was never gonna. THROW me the ball, again i.
Speaker 2: Was literally like.
Speaker 3: BUT that fired, me up, I was like all right. I'm gonna show this guy but. That's the leadership he, had, he was brutally honest honest and he would freaking get you to, go to the, next level which. Was crazy which was crazy he. Was SO good at it but I was so annoyed because i. Couldn't get, OUTSIDE the guy I'm Like, i want to big. TOM run the freaking route i guarantee you can't. Get outside the guy either he's. Three hours outside OF me and then, if i got outside him it was BASICALLY like an out ROUTE i was running because i would have to FLATTEN it so much so i couldn't. Really run the corner route and.
Speaker 2: You get in the other, Responsibility, to the other guy well he just wanted to, get a defender in. Practice, he's playing the play yeah and then.
Speaker 3: And he knew the place he just wanted.
Speaker 7: To.
Speaker 3: Get, The point across yeah like so it was, just always in MY memory and every, time i ran a route it was kind, of just like on autopilot just to. Get OUTSIDE of the defender so, i was annoyed, at that and, you know, with that, situation but uh. YOU know times of change I started running routes where i would go inside the guy and then he would still throw me the, ball as well, later on, because he's, like all right he proved he.
Speaker 2: Proved it enough that. You can do it well then you guys start.
Speaker 3: Throwing.
Speaker 2: The back shoulder shit yeah and then.
Speaker 3: We.
Speaker 2: STARTED doing all that also i also used to get really annoyed when in meeting, rooms IF he liked you and. I felt both of these i felt, when he liked the guy he'd like he. Would like love them up and then there'd Be so like, WHEN when west was there I get so annoyed when i would do The exact same thing that wes would do and he he, wouldn't THINK it was good and i would get. So FUCKING annoyed with Him but. I REMEMBER when west left. Then i was that guy there was guys doing TRYING to do that what i, Would do AND he wouldn't so like i would get annoyed with that so much when, he, would, always bring up like babe just do It. A little more Like. Wessey he called him Wessey. When he Called. Him, WESSY you remember wessy hm i. Used to get so annoyed.
Speaker 3: YOU want to know what i would. Get annoyed with him too it's like. We're in the off season. We just ran fifty ROUTES it's like, you and i out. There only we're dead, tired it's ninety degrees. Outside middle of the, summer and, he'd be like one, more just one more route because. He's just throwing the ball his arm can throw one hundred, and fifty passes a day and we're running the freaking fifty routes. And he's been one more so then. We would run run. More we give it all. We're about to throw up it's. The middle of the. Summer we probably are hungover he has no clue what that's Like because he used to he.
Speaker 2: Used, to see him though yeah.
Speaker 3: And, then he became lame yeah he became lame for. Like, a couple of years no, HE back in the day. I guess he wasn't lame if, you're saying he's, Not, lame he, Was. Lame okay say it jules.
Speaker 2: You, know he was lame, yeah like when he came, when he came. To that he was lame but we didn't get. Him, WHEN he.
Speaker 3: Was young yeah i know he WAS already thirty three, when i first MET him and, then when i were thirty freaking lame, at. Thirty three years old COMPLAIN compare it to when i was. Freaking twenty, eight years old you're right because then he. Was twenty three twenty four he, was the there's you know he was the. Best chugger on the team he was like. He was a dude's dude, so back to the story like he'd be one more and then you would you, would run one more route and they'd beck one more, And, Then you just bect tom i'm not. OFF and running one more, i just, ran fifty, routes you know, one more but one more? You want to get better one more and then it'd be like fifteen more routes and then finally it was the last one and it was fifty and then. You get, to seventy five he's like he. Just, wanted seventy five throws. Yeah He was, fight throws, whatever tom says, you. DO you got you, son, I.
Speaker 2: Remember those days man?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 3: What made us great though why, what was the moment that like you felt like you truly gained his trust and that he could rely on you even, if you mess up again he. Knows that you're Still reliable. You know what i'm?
Speaker 2: Saying what was that? Moment what was that?
Speaker 3: Catch what was that play if it was a practice or, if it was left well Because. He loved he loved west you Just were. Not, Playing, when, wes was okay jules No But you couldn't have tom brady's trust when you were When you, were on when west left you didn't, Like, a bunch of players. Okay he didn't like you it was when he left he had no one.
Speaker 2: He had to trust, me you had all right.
Speaker 3: And then it. Was weak it was weak one In thirteen where we played buffalo and we went. OUT there and we won i had TWO touchdowns and.
Speaker 2: That's when, i felt like all right because we had some we had, Some birts were you know westwood would get banged. Up and he wouldn't play but, he didn't like trust me trust me until you, had to be the guy until you. Had, to be the guy yes and. Then he truly trusted.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: And that's the situation though he doesn't really trust, a, guy that you know yeah he's. Not able to throw to he's got, to see, eighteen times practice you know. He has to see it he has to do the repetitions with you in order. To truly gain your trust. And, it doesn't happen overnight, now he gained your trust and you, gain his, trust as well, you know. JUST over time over time i would say my situation Was When we played the chicago bears on the one ON one panther route when i was, going, over In the Snow, yeah versus brian or lacker and he. Wanted to gain my trust he wants. To see me be physical that's, why he always. Emphasized me be fucking physical gronk your two hundred and sixty pounds you're going versus one hundred eighty pounders or linebackers. That you're. Still bigger, than be physical and uh this, was the play, PANTHER out one out run i. Run into the end zone kind of hit the guy with my shoulder and then turn around and the, ball will be right, there because, when you're physical you know pushes the. Guy back a little bit, when you use. Your shoulder you turn around then there's that Little ounce of separation. And tom can see that. He can see the field he can see all. The separation in. The world he sees it he can see every little detail that's. Going out on the field and when he sees that, little detail, on that route you know with the physicality knows he knows. That you're gonna be open there's. GONNA be A Little window i hit brian urlack and We practice it and, THAT friday and he says i want to see THAT in the game because I. Ran it great on friday SO the Game Comes, when i wonsus brian, laker give him, the shoulder turn right, around the balls right there nice and low where it's always supposed to. Be, in the. Red zone boom catch IT and Ever Since then i gained tom brady's trust right there, and then on the spot which was one of the.
Speaker 2: Greatest, MOMENTS of my career yeah i remember, that he is you know. He had to see it that's what makes. Him he's a dog man. He's assassin is An assassin? What's your Favorite tone memory my, favorite.
Speaker 3: Tom memory is actually this is one of my. Favorite memories, of all time you know When We were PLAYING the indianapolis colts and i ran, that five yard Out Route Caught. IT versus dee kwyle jackson i, did a little spin, move he kind of. Fell did a little split it was like a. Very great route by me. Great after The catch, too.
Speaker 2: And, Then i'm.
Speaker 3: Running you know i'm going there's a couple Other guys And Here comes julian adamman Ka boom just, absolutely levels, adams the safety you know gets. Them out, of My way i'm like, thanks jules, for the Block you know and then i'm. RUNNING into the End. Zone, I, jump, OVER.
Speaker 2: Butler yeah dB.
Speaker 3: Yeah dbi, What's, His First name again yeah darius butler who was Previously on the on the patriots and Then he went to the colts and now he's doing he's doing a. Great, job in the media yeah. It was a McAfee show. He's doing a great Job So. Shout OUT to darius butler but, i jumped over his ass made me look goods. FLIPPED into the end zone i looked like an athletic one hundred. And eighty pound wise receiver and, then this was the moment one of. My favorite moments with, him tom loved, the route loved. The catch loved your block. He was so pumped up he ran full speed from the thirty GUY line and probably because i got him a touchdown on a play where it never. Should, Have been a touchdown yeah and he came running full speed and jumped on my back. And. Went for. A ride man he was he was like. A. PONY on a horse man i. Brought. HIM for a Ride Man i was carrying tom brady around. In the. Freaking end zone he was. He was on my back put. THE pony on the horse i was waiting for him to drop that quarter in so the. Rock, CAN keep on going yes i didn't. WANT him to, Get Off i was like, tom brady's, on my back LIKE like what else do? I need in. My. Life oh my god yeah and it's one of my favorite pictures to sign. TO this day as well i don't. Think he ever signed it it costs like five billion dollars to get. Him to SIGN a picture so like i always signed the picture, On my back and like i'm waiting for that picture to be worth a lot more. Money once, he signs, it the couple you know but. He, hasn't signed it yet man that.
Speaker 2: Was a fucking fun play. That was a fun play.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that? Block? Oh, you level it adams adams he's talking in the safety was The battle.
Speaker 2: He was with denver battle.
Speaker 1: He.
Speaker 2: Battled us a.
Speaker 3: Lot man he brought it he brought it. To and he. Wasn't scared. He was good it is. There's a, picture right there oh wait he, signed there it is man. He's going for a ride i'm. Still. Waiting for those. Corners Tom oh my gosh there's tim right. Right in the Back Too we won, the super? Bowl this year didn't we And we won? A? Super, BOWL this year yeah yeah I think it was who man was was a tight end As Well in the Two? TIM right and Who?
Speaker 2: Man i?
Speaker 3: Love who man all right, What? Was your favorite memory jules my favorite memory was when we kind of that fourteen when he. Uh we hit that route he.
Speaker 2: Came up to me afterwards, and he and he goes, that, was a championship route man and, like it. Was nothing crazy that's special and, he when, he you know he goes that, was a championship.
Speaker 3: Play man and.
Speaker 2: We didn't win the.
Speaker 3: Game want it to right now because him, saying that's a championship. Route that's a championship. Play, That means a lot yeah and and then, afterwards when, he we won you Know like that was his that was WHEN he got, four and, i just remember you know there were, So many memories, of him like you said how he's Having The ticker of the super bowl location AND the, whole, Story where i said man i'm gonna help You try to get to joe And Because we were Both Bay area FANS loved joe montana and i told me he was the.
Speaker 2: Greatest quarterback of all time and you know that all that. Was just a fun memory there's so many it's. Hard to fucking do. ONE we'll, Come all right i. MEAN i'm gonna start. Crying i know me too there's there's A. Lot of memories with tom it's. Just great to see him he's doing so. GOOD in, the broadcasting booth i mean if he just puts in ten percent of the effort that he did with the game of football in his after career and, his post career after football he's gonna have the whole world just which you know. He is to eat from he's gonna be successful, and anything that he does and. That's what he's gonna do he's actually gonna go one hundred percent all. In with what he does, he's GREAT in, the booth like i said and he's been improving so much every single week and it just shows. HE is, Actually a, human i mean, week one he was, good he got the win. But he definitely could improve and Then all of a, sudden week, two and three? You're like what the heck how did he just go from being like a rookie quarterback to a veteran quarterback in one, Week in the broadcast booth so. JUST shout, out to him i mean he dedicates himself and he works on his craft like like. No one ever has before, and that's, what makes, him you know the. Greatest the greatest at ever he cares about making the people look. Right that give him opportunity he does. That's he cares about that, he takes it to heart.
Speaker 3: And he cares about showing the people that has passed on him.
Speaker 2: That, they fucked up. Too yeah he, Loves that he likes that So Don't.
Speaker 3: Ever, PASS on. Tom brady no I won't the only thing I'LL pass on is that i was kind OF a little hesitant when, I said he was lame but he was pretty lame except For When he Wins A super bowl in tampa bay and he gets.
Speaker 2: Hammered, on a damn boat Like where was? THAT fucking tom, around US i was bullshit like i was waiting for that The Whole.
Speaker 3: ENTIRE time. In new ENGLAND i was That's Why. I went to tampa bay i. WENT there for that moment i didn't really. WANT to play football again i JUST wanted that moment that i Could. Actually get wasted, with tom but guess what he was on. A separate boat than me i didn't even. See him at. THAT moment so guess what i still Never. Had a drink with tom it took me All the way until the roast To Have. A drink with tom brady and that's why. IT was, In, THE roast i said tom i never had a shot with, you ever in, my life or a drink and he took a Shot, With me at the roast so that was. That, was, A cool moment yeah well i mean. It's been thirty three minutes how long can? WE talk about this guy i think maybe we should have him on AGAIN for another EPISODE because i got literally i can talk about. THIS guy all day long i. Can go literally two hours the, more we talk about him the more stories that. Pop, up in my head same the more stories, about him on, the field off the field what it's. Like to be around him we could talk. Literally, for four hours straight jewels what kind of du tell? Me what time of well What Type? Of dude is.
Speaker 2: TOM brady ladies and gentlemen, i think this, IS easy freak dog whizz. I, Think, THIS is easy.
Speaker 3: Dude dude i don't? Know what do, you think if. It's easy let's hear.
Speaker 2: What let's take it. Easy he's a fucking, dog, he is, a dog.
Speaker 3: Mental physical toughness always motivated he didn't have the.
Speaker 2: Pedigree he was He was, we saw the brady six of the the six guys before, him taking in the draft like he always had. To go to long road he always. Had to work for everything even when, he was at his top they were. Always talking about someone. ELSE he's a fucking dog.
Speaker 3: I want to say freak because a freak is like someone that has like the most, athletic ability in the world and he didn't really. Have the most athletic ability but what's made him so great was that he didn't need the athletic ability because the dog was working. Harder than the athletic dog you know that wasn't the freak dog that really or the freaky. PERSON that wasn't really working.
Speaker 2: I think, he's got illness like shooting.
Speaker 3: Like basically like it's kind of. Like an archer, Freak, instincts he could throw yes he. Can throw rocks really good he could probably skip a rock really really really has?
Speaker 2: He, really get a pool yeah LIKE palm king pomp when.
Speaker 3: I you, always beat him.
Speaker 2: Never, mind he's not goods yeah he gets.
Speaker 3: Really mad when. He loves that's a. Dog that is.
Speaker 2: A dog that's a dog he wants, to want to go again Now wants. To go go he won't. He wants to go again. WON'T let, you fucking leave.
Speaker 3: I mean we haven't even got to. THIS guy's looks got either i mean we can just say that, he's a stud real quick just because.
Speaker 2: Of, HOW good he looks yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean He looks younger than when YEAH, he got in, the nfl like his chins jawline. FREAKING his beautiful blue eyes i posted a Picture. Of that day on instagram like he's got, like a six pack now, Like HIS arms, are jacked like i.
Speaker 2: Mean he's doing two days.
Speaker 3: He is doing to days he's.
Speaker 2: Doing two days right. Now he's Got his body he's Still so that's why. Maybe ai was fucking. RIGHT he's maybe Coming Back ai is?
Speaker 3: IS tom brady.
Speaker 2: Coming back i don't, know he got six Pack he got a little his hair is looking as brown as he gave me this supplement that he saw my, great hair and he goes babe here and HE'S take this fucking uisha i think it's like uisha Ou or something in some chinese medicine and.
Speaker 3: You put it in the shake and. Her hair is already growing.
Speaker 2: It is MY hair darker that's why i.
Speaker 3: DON'T have a hat show i wanted to Show off my, hair because i've. Got oh, we, SHALL product it's like oh i don't know how to, PRONOUNCE it's ushi ooh oushi i. Got hair whatever it is look at. How good his hair looks it's. Just.
Speaker 2: A good looking, guy man, He's a dog.
Speaker 3: All right he's a. Dog he. Is A dog it's official tom. Brady is a dog man we can.
Speaker 2: Talk about him forever.
Speaker 3: Forever standing at six foot three and weighing, two hundred and fifteen pounds this legendary quarterback was drafted. First, overall in nineteen seventy woo we have a, true throwback on, our Hands ladies and. Gentlemen, PAINTEEN sidney number one OH i was from where i was negative nineteen. YEARS old in nineteen seventy i.
Speaker 2: Was, NEGATIVE sixteen twenty six no i was. Negative, twenty six years.
Speaker 3: Old no you were. Born, in nineteen eighty six yeah so eight nineteen eighty six minus nineteen seventy. Is, negative sixteen YEARS.
Speaker 2: Old yeah just making i want to see.
Speaker 3: If, your math is right well thanks to us for checking on it and making. Me look, Like a superstar all right well this guy PLAYED fourteen. Seasons in the nfl fourteen oh so you were a negative TWO when he retired. And, I was negative five yeah i was. Negative, five when he retired yeah. So he's this is old we got an. Old buck on our hand? Who is, OLDEN seventy's there all right i, don't know who. It is let's keep going he was known for his. Strong. Arm and fearless style fearless he Led His team the four super, bowl titles And Six years, earning two super bowl MVPs with over twenty seven thousand career passing yards and. Two hundred, and twelve touchdowns louisiana native he wore. Twelve his entire, FOOTBALL career OFF the field i think i. Know who this is now, i'm LOOKING at. The, PICTURE so, I know, well i, mean i don't you. Know take shortcuts like, that but off the field he's known, for his charisma and humor making him. A beloved broadcaster. And entertainer ladies and gentlemen today's, first twelve on twelve twelve Twenty, Twenty four is, Who Jules. Let's get, on, Terry bradshaw, That's, Roll Baby. Let's roll, Oh, Uncle Terry. All right julian uncle terry what's the first thing you Think Of? When you?
Speaker 2: Hear?
Speaker 3: Terry bradshaw.
Speaker 2: ONE word LEGEND mm hmm i mean i grew up watching this guy every morning At nine. O'clock before the niners games didn't. REALLY know, is his career i mean like as A real football, head until i got older until we started like getting to research stuff you always knew of who he Was Because he had four super bowls and and He Was, part of the pittsburgh steelers which is like A FOUNDATIONAL. Organization for THE afl nfl but then, i got to you know then we, got to work with him and he's just. Like a fucking awesome dude. He's like just the best. He's such a good, dude and he you know he he's been, very such a big heart big heart he and and he's he's a superstar and he makes you feel comfortable like in the world when we jump, into that, world OF. Being You, KNOW in, tv terry bradshaw i mean he's he's One of the Reasons why fox is.
Speaker 3: What fox is, right now, he's a starter he's like, What is a parent founder he's He's a founder. Of the kickoff pregame show He's A.
Speaker 2: Founder of the kickoff show and him and, Is How he's In There.
Speaker 3: Howie Long And. Jimmy JOHNSON has wabey johnson and I Think. It Started With, james brown james james brown my guy Who, went over to where yes let's not Talk About. Because, we, have kurt manafee now yeah We. Got kurtas Here At. Fox we got kurt manafee it's. The pleasure, To have him you know. I'M glad that switch HAPPENED, i DON'T know j b but i can't Imagine Having.
Speaker 2: Anyone else. Besides kurt menafee Yeah. No but back To terry he's just a. He's like a country dude he has a story. And a joke for anything do you remember That the joke he got brady on Where he tells this long. He told this long story he's got everyone we're, on this trip a seminar and he's telling this story, about a dog or something and like he he knows how. TO get the story going i mean it was a fifteen minute. Like starting story or pitch? What do you call that?
Speaker 3: A fifteen minute set up like he was setting, them up for fifteen minutes all, for a five second punchline. All for a five cent he's sitting here like you're you're. Sitting there like your job you're all, sitting there like you're drooling like? Like what's gonna happen next he's that. GREAT of a story, time i forget the punchline, But All The, other guys howie jimmy michael they've heard that, he tells this damn joke But he's got he's.
Speaker 2: Got brady on the hook brady's. Sitting there shedding a tear it's. About some dog or something. This DOG'S dying or something and i, forget what the punchline is but freaking how he, comes, in and he, Goes, oh the old lady. Yeah that's a sad one like. Everyone's, in on the joke brady who's, the miss like mister emotion is. Sitting there about To cry and then freaking terry dropped.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: Then He drops the punchline which i'm not doing any justice by not being, Able to tell the joke but That's the. Kind, of guy terry is man HE had the whole fucking ca crew involved In, this thing to get brady just to like let him know. He's part of The?
Speaker 3: Team how pissed, was brady.
Speaker 2: Oh my god he was.
Speaker 3: Oh he got him good he's got a.
Speaker 2: Guy to work with because, he's testing you always too but he's always giving. You, little, bits, of advice yes yes yes that's you.
Speaker 3: Hit It Exactly right on and. Terry bradshaw's for, the people he loves, people he loves entertaining people he. Loves having conversation with people it doesn't, matter if, you're a kid you know if, you're a middle aged. Man if he doesn't matter middle, aged woman, like older woman. Older man it doesn't matter. He loves conversation. With people he loves people doesn't. Matter what background you have he's gonna have. A good time with You And that's what. Makes terry terry as well, it makes, him a savin you. Know greatest guy, out there he's testing, you like like you said, but at the same time. He's giving you CAREER advice and that's why, i love working with him because he's always keeping you on your toes and he makes me feel. Very comfortable at. The desk he really does he he kind of. Put ME under his. WING when I got there i knew terry from, a couple of times before, from a few other appearances and. We were hitting it off AND the best was When i came in the fox and my dad's, a HUGE fan of them and i just literally. Come right up to him i've we already met, a couple times already though but It's, my FIRST time at fox and i just never told him that my dad's. A HUGE fan of them and i walk up and you know how he's THERE straight, hands, There, and i go hey terry. My dad's the biggest FAN and everyone thought like i was gonna come, in as, a big fan you know as the new, young buck as a rookie and. Everyone just lost their, mind and, How He's like oh, oh, and michael was. Like oh that's his.
Speaker 2: Dad that's the biggest fan just the, bus His jobs as.
Speaker 3: Well, but terry loved, it everyone my Dad's agent above even under Is. Are huge fans, of terry everyone, loves him not you know obviously because of his football skills and how much he did for the GAME, of football For The Nfl winning four super, bowl championships in six years but also his personality. Off, the field as. Well man. People love him you know he's.
Speaker 2: Just a guy.
Speaker 3: That, is, Down For, Anything. SINGING dancing bronson missouri branson i think he does A concert Every, Year, In, bronson and branson branson.
Speaker 2: Missouri the one from us she's out of your league where. They go on That vacation. YOU know what i'm so i think he, does the like he sings. He'll go do like, shows he's done. Stand up he's done movies his butt Cheeks Were in. A fucking ryan reynolds movie he. ALWAYS he talks about that.
Speaker 7: I.
Speaker 3: MEAN on, the, football field i mean well everyone loves, him OFF the, football field but i mean, he played so long ago nineteen seventy and eighteen. Whatever, to nineteen eighty four yeah and it feels like he, played in eighteen hundreds actually because he played. Before WE, were even born, BUT i like you said i didn't Really Know, the GAME of terry bradshaw and i got A little bit older and, i started WORKING with him and then i started going back and watching The History. OF football, and terry bradshaw i mean, he's one of the leaders and he's kind of like a CO founder of bringing the nfl to a whole other level and winning championships and creating. THE past, game as well i mean the. Guy's got a strong. Arm he's an, exceptional leader he's a gunslinger. AND he's, resilient as well i mean he had one of the toughest coaches IN. The history, of the Nfl you know from What i'm reading and what i'm Experiencing watching Documentaries, about the steelers and terry this guy wanted to bench him and he Still Went. OUT and won super bowls. I mean pretty pretty incredible. I mean he's clutched mobile his ability to extend plays too when we're watching his.
Speaker 2: HIGHLIGHTS so tough as now i mean the way those guys, Were getting hit back then like he always tells me these stories, about him when he breaks he's, breaking his back and Stuff and guy like he kim comes back two weeks later and like those guys were On A, Whole day for grade iron like. We were, tough football guys and yeah the game's probably a, little FASTER and bigger now but i mean when you watch guys, back in those days play, it looks like it's illegal like, four arms to the face taking, guys down by their face mass fitting on, a guy when. He's down fucking people's elbowing the things that we got in trouble for were. Like legal in this time and he played fourteen years and Had Two back. To back super bowl runs. That's what people don't realize, he went back to back they didn't win a couple and then he, went back to back. Again Which Is fucking crazy the pittsburgh steelers are like one of the most popular Organizations In football because of terry bradshaw and those teams like set in that stage, or in early early football which isn't, like early early early football but like, seventies FOOTBALL'S early. EARLY football which I Mean, i went to, kent state so that's right That's, like TWO hours from pittsburgh and i just remember there Was Always so many fucking pittsburgh. Steeler fans everywhere around there There'd Be a, lot of cleveland Browns Fans but so many pittsburgh. Steelers fans everywhere they Travel And it's because of terry bradshaw. In those nineteen seventy teams.
Speaker 3: Would YOU say, He's the original. TV twelve YEAH he IS i Mean I think i Think tom brady wasn't a glee and his mom and dad's eye Yet When he was, winning super Bowls.
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy when. Was brady born seventy.
Speaker 3: Five it actually makes it so fun Being on the set with, what makes, it so Fun you, know working with terry though being on The Set and now That tom brady, is with FOX as well is that i get THE joke who, my favorite, tv twelve is you know and it's whoever's treated. Me, nicer At the time, yeah so, Tom comes in you know i'm asking him a question. AND he gives Me, Props i, Look at terry i'm like terry thoms. My favorite Twelve right now and then terry, gets all mad and, upset And, THEN he goes, but gronk i love you, and you're doing this great. And YOU'RE doing this great and I, Look back, up, at toime I'M like hey the original TV twelve is. My favorite, Tv TWELVE time i'm sorry and i. Love just working and playing it just. Makes a lot of fun and. That's why It's so, fun working at fox too just with the teammates, that we, have. Is just you know Unbelievable Have you heard that?
Speaker 2: TOM brady and alias Story. I, have Actually from terry. Yeah so terry.
Speaker 3: Will it let's. Hear it.
Speaker 2: It is, surreal in nineteen eighty three when he needed, to get an elbow surgery he didn't want it, to be in the papers so using An alias. Name at the louisiana hospital you, Know what That. Name Was, tom fricking brady tom brady. You can't fucking write THAT and then the original tv twelve BASICALLY faked. Named the current, tv twelve that's fucking. Gnarly, that's some. Psychic Shit Yeah he was also terry bradshaw was number one pick to Live Up the expectation from louisiana tech to be the number one pick small country Boy To go to the Pittsburgh Steelers. And win four super. Bowls that's fucking crazy crazy he.
Speaker 3: Was a FLAT out winner And what, i love about terry too is nothing stopping that. GUY still, to this day i mean, whatever gets in his way, whatever gets in his path he just keeps climbing over it. And just keeps on going. He's always ready to. Go twenty four to SEVEN i'm thirty five and i look at him sometimes Throughout the Full day at, fox And i'm getting tired.
Speaker 2: And terry never getting tired and.
Speaker 3: That's always ready, to go boom, boom boom always on point, always giving a, one liner always talking football. Always breaking down. To PLAY he's just immaculate and, i LOVE learning from him and i, love BEING under his wing and i love. Working with him as?
Speaker 2: Well man is he immaculate like the reception. And then also one, One on a Serious Note i'm pretty sure terry bradshaw was LIKE one of the first nfl guys to talk about mental health back in, those days which you know it's talked about all the time now with football players and athletes, And it's pretty norm now but it wasn't like. That when we, were playing, like people were you know there was a stigma or a perspective or a perception on guys that wanted help mentally or if you wouldn't to go talk to someone and like To Have a guy like, terry bradshaw in the seventies, who was, a fucking icon you know. Talk about his mental health that's a big part for why we are we're, at right, now in sport you know being okay to, like talk, about your mentals you Know As as, what is marshawn lynch says you. Got to, Protect Your chickens you know terry bradshaw was protecting his. CHICKENS back in, The Day.
Speaker 3: I like it terry man i. Appreciate EVERYTHING that you've done, But i got. A Question oh real quick If Terry's, alia's name was tom brady what, Would, Your alias name be jules i'll. Tell you mine right after mine's pretty good and it's understandable.
Speaker 2: MY alias an alias, name i would Go With? Would, IT be danny amandola no i Think, He, Would. Go, With. Francisco, francisco delaware.
Speaker 3: Francisco delaware yeah that's how you would call like, the hotel and be like what? Name Would, It. Be, Under, Francisco.
Speaker 2: Francisco delaware yeah francisco.
Speaker 3: Delaware i'm not even gonna Ask You, where THAT mine's bobby whiskers because i got whiskers all, over the place out here. LIKE my hairs grow in i.
Speaker 2: Kind Of.
Speaker 3: Shaved last night bobby.
Speaker 2: Whiskers That's a good name.
Speaker 3: Bobby whiskers goes really well. And it works Every time.
Speaker 2: That's like an italian. Like wise Guy, like nickname.
Speaker 3: My friend bobby my friend one time he came into my hotel room drunk and he he got on, the Phone. The call room sir risen you know how they answer, and they, say Your, name like HELLO mister whiskers? How may i help you. And he his. Jaw dropped, he Was, hanmery he goes mister whiskers. And he, looks at me He, Goes you're freaking mister whiskers and then he. Gets, Back on The. Wall yes i'm mister whiskers i'll. Fucking give me eight cheeseburgers and he hung back up.
Speaker 2: And, then eight cheeseburgers game wait so? You, actually use this name, Yeah All. The, TIME actually bobby whiskers oh. I can't wait too time What Kind. OF dude, IS terry bradshaw.
Speaker 3: I mean i feel.
Speaker 8: Like this.
Speaker 3: ONE'S pretty, easy it.
Speaker 1: Is i mean it.
Speaker 2: Is he's obviously a dog when you play in, those days in the seventies everyone had.
Speaker 3: To be kind of doggish i'm just. Gonna put it out there you have. TO be a dog seventies i.
Speaker 2: Mean when you're. Getting your teeth, Mentally tough he was too you're, getting your teeth kicked in and then you're going to work at the. Gas station in the. Offseason that's that's a, dog.
Speaker 3: He's a.
Speaker 2: GREAT dudes dude he, is i mean. At work he's a guy he's. A glue guy at work whenever, We work with him nowadays like he's always talking shop and he'll he'll make, his rounds to, LIKE everyone and you know.
Speaker 3: I want to go out to dinner and have, a good time with you. Have a drink with you. He we did big time.
Speaker 2: We did go gambling once we played craps and. He's Never Played craps before. And i'm i'm, not joking terry was rolling and he rolled. For fucking sixty. One minutes sixty one minute we. HAD to get it time i.
Speaker 3: HAD eight minutes for that, i WISH he.
Speaker 2: Would.
Speaker 3: HAVE but i took dude i Won, so much Money with terry and, Like, i'm sitting there like terry give me a fucking a, tom rat and he's like. What's that and he's thrown i'm.
Speaker 2: Like it's A forty four he's. Act, i'm like forty?
Speaker 3: Four yeah, did, we win I'm?
Speaker 2: Like yeah we, WANT terry oh right Now? I wanna go?
Speaker 3: To vegas what you brought.
Speaker 2: He's definitely a dude's dude.
Speaker 3: He IS a dude's dude but i would stamp home as a dog because of the era that he grew up in and just what he did to under his head coach wanting to bench him and, him not getting you Know nothing ever faced also Intead though winning four super bowls, in six years as. Well which.
Speaker 2: IS pretty, INCREDIBLE that's, crazy i mean i mean.
Speaker 3: What are we? What are we gonna do is he gonna what are? We gonna break them down is juels? On? Three one?
Speaker 2: Two three, dog stamp it all right let's go let's get on to our next and now.
Speaker 3: It's time that we're, gonna get on a dude and we're gonna get on a dude that's a big. Name in this year's draft. And that's your ONLY.
Speaker 2: Hints give me the ai we haven't, Done this in A. While give me the ai summary of this. Draft, pick start TEN. Minutes ready steady go.
Speaker 3: Ai standing at six foot two and weighing two, hundred and twenty three pounds this quarterback dude has made his. Mark in college football History He, Grew, up in west columbia texas and Played High school football at columbia high Where he earned. First team all district honors he is projected as the potential number one overall pick IN The twenty twenty five nfl draft After, a standout season at Miami Where he won The manning award And, acc player of the year AS Well AS setting the ncaa division ie career touchdown record with. One hundred, AND seventy eight first off i didn't know, There was a many award so. We should Talk About that? What, the manning, Award is yeah mean neither. So Let's talk about that let's let's SEE what that award is i kind Of Want. TO win, THE maning award I.
Speaker 2: Know i love The Mannings, You have the maning, award you're on. Every commercial first Retire Out you have the manning. Award For because he's there the. Mannings are on EVERY commercial now you're Only. I out manning the mannings It Should.
Speaker 3: Be the grond, cowski award his, rapid development elite arm talent and clutch performances have elevated him from a, zero star, high school. RECRUIT zero stars zero stars i. Gotta, HEAR about his journey man i didn't know he. Was a zero star, recruit if. You're, a zero that's bad yeah and. This dude was a zero got. To, be the first pick yeah, but the? Head?
Speaker 2: Of stars all right fuck.
Speaker 3: It elevated him from a zero star high school recruit to. The draft top quarterback prospect Let's.
Speaker 2: Get on to Cam ward ooh old, cam ward man.
Speaker 3: All right Let's Get back to. That manning award Real Quick? WHAT is the many award. I never heard about it. It's probably an elite Award It's, Gotta Be College. Quarterback award peyton manning award peyton Man. Did lighted up at tennessee he did He. LIT it, up at Tennessee i mean all the mannings have lit it up IN, college and in the. Nfl WHICH is just incredible so i understand. Why, there's a MANY.
Speaker 2: Award yeah And this ca.
Speaker 3: And cam ward got it now best quarterback in, college football without. A, doubt it's my Understanding.
Speaker 2: Oh it's named After archie it's named After.
Speaker 3: Archie and the whole oh that makes sense because it started in TWO thousand And four and i, Think peyton, was still playing so like you don't really get an award named after you until like you're totally done.
Speaker 2: With with Your, whole career but cam, ward this guy's. A stud not like that but this. GUY'S made, his own path i mean going from a zero star to what what was the? First school he Went TO. Incarnate word in texas Fcs Then, he went, to washington state, balled out entered the draft didn't like where, he was potentially, gonna go plays it smart we Just make five million bucks miami and bets on himself and now he's gonna be the first pick and. IT'S not, even really close I mean he reminds me i HEARD someone say it that. I forgot who said It he, reminds me of steve McNair and it's it's really cool that He's potentially Gonna be in. TENNESSEE where, steve McNair bahold i mean you look at his he's always, On balance when he's thrown like you see his feet. And he's always on balancing he always has his feet with him. WHEN he's about to. Throw i like his.
Speaker 3: Arm that's good.
Speaker 2: Quarterback mechanics good quarterback. Mechanics he has that one he had that one where he rolls to his left and he flips his hips and he hits the guy in the back of the end, zone like across the field not, like way across the. Field but over the field but he flipped his hips like a shortstop and. HE'S slang that thing like i always see him with really good feet. AND he's pretty damn athletic i think he's gonna be. A really GOOD.
Speaker 3: Football player i hope i hope that he gets paired up with the play caller, that adjusts to his game because that's that's a huge part to the. Development of these young quarterbacks it's the. Ecosystem THAT he Gets in so i hope TENNESSEE has this prepared because i mean he ran a four.
Speaker 2: For eight six', to two not a. Runner runner but he has athleticism. You see him in the pocket. He's very elusive in the pocket what? Do, you think about this guy.
Speaker 3: Well can you just go back reiterating when you said he went into the draft or to the combine and he didn't like where, he was going to get drafted And then He. Went to the university of MIAMI so that's. Something new that i just learned, you can still enter, the draft go to the combine and if you don't like we're, going to be selected or projected. You can go back to college? Can you explain that?
Speaker 2: To me is did he?
Speaker 1: Did he go to the?
Speaker 2: Combine he went to the combine?
Speaker 3: How did how did that, Happen he initially entered, his name he, entered His name decided All right now i'm. Not gonna i'm not going Draft. I'm, Going, to transfer to miami? Okay now was that.
Speaker 2: A see was? That a was that a negotiation ploy to get more? Money from a, school like this this, is, like it's all about leverage leverage That Is so he.
Speaker 3: Wanted to john elway in college so he wanted to improve his. Draft stock and capitalize on anil So he Decided To. TRANSFER to, miami from washington. State i mean that's that's impressive and if he, WAS projected as a, fifth rounder i think it was so his contract would, have been like a. Three year five million dollar deal, so he went back to college, made all that money nil money and now he's projected probably to sign like a thirty to forty million dollar deal if he's. THE first, pick of the draft i mean. That's how you count on yourself that's a guy that knows what he's doing because he's been, counted out his whole entire life being a zero star from the. Beginning coming out of high school so he knew that he could just keep on capitalizing and keep, on gaining. And keep on improving you know and that's why he Went back To. College in the university of Miami And. HERE'S my story about cam Moore i had. No clue, WHO cam wored was you know i, don't follow, college like, that much you know. YOU know all The big Guys. I followed the university of arizona. I, watch a couple of games oh we we.
Speaker 2: Gotta watch a lot of football we gotta. Watch a lot of pro, Football, we.
Speaker 3: TALK about, THAT exactly jules EXACTLY, i know i know the nfl know. All THE guys inside and out, but i, just have this. Game you know at my house there's a, football Game on at my house and i'm just, peeking at, it doing some. Work you know on my computer and that's what that's why, football is so great as well because you can just put a game on in the background, and you can just you know do peaks, and just get entertained real quick then go, back to work whatever you're. Doing hang out with your friends.
Speaker 2: It's a little situational, stimuli, like, certain, Cool all right no yeah okay i'll? Watch This ready for your?
Speaker 3: Target Hell, mary, UNDER the game hell mary.
Speaker 2: Okay i Gotta watch.
Speaker 3: This hold on.
Speaker 2: Half oh shit, oh, he sucks, back to business. Saying hey man, well like situation oh my god it fucking. MAILMAN'S always late for, first intent.
Speaker 3: I give no. Ships you know back to work let me. LET me get my, work, done a fourth and goal okay let's. Let's let's. See What's going on all right so, i'm just peeking at the game and, there's this quarterback that's just dominating like his talent level is just that much higher, than Everyone out, on the, field and i'm, Like this guy it is special like this, guy looks, like an absolute animal absolute beast and it looks like it's high school football because of how talented this guy was compared to. Everyone ELSE out in the field so, i SEEN like a big run, and I see another big run, and i SEE some crazy pass and then i. Didn't really look who was playing so then. He caught, my attention, that much i'm like all? Right let me see what team? What TEAM this is who's playing And i Look. AND it's the university Of Miami I. Think It was, verse virginia Tech and i'm, like this is Division one Football. This, is The university of miami well cam ward was making it look so easy out there OUT on the football field that i thought it was a high school game and some absolute five star football. Player just absolutely dominating everybody. Else THAT'S how special he was and i, was just peeking AT the screen and that's when I fell IN love with, cam ward and i was like this dude is an absolute monster. Out there OUT in the field and then i tuned, in For rest of the game and I'm Pretty sure. It was that junior tech game, it could have been. Another game but they were down, he came back through a bomb had, like a, twenty yard run touchdown you know and it was just incredible what he. Was doing OUT on the field and then i looked him up right there on the spot and he, was A projected top, five pick and i was like that.
Speaker 2: Makes a lot of sense, now but just that story alone like, to come from a zero STAR to go to the school i, don't even never even heard of TO washing in state playing a Pac twelve, when it was The pac twelve then go to miami bet. ON himself, for one more year. I mean that's a great story. I CAN'T wait to watch him but i watch his film and like how He even, pats the ball like steve McNair and like he's always on balance in the pocket and he. Keeps his eyes DOWN the field i'm, just so, I just hope that you know tennessee can surround this kid. And he, has an actual shot you know you wouldn't want. To SEE that, go, to waste But i.
Speaker 3: Mean yeah he olds miami single season records for, yards forty three hundred plus yards completion THREE hundred and five thirty nine td passes. SIXTY seven point two completion percentage i think that was, One, point eight percent too low julian, if you can do that math so. HE was a little down there i might, take him number two. OVERALL now not number one, overall i think he you. Know he's, slid in the dress you know. It's pretty quick maths of That but has the most career division one. Touchdowns one hundred and seventy eight so that's combined passing AND rushing, correct, it's gotta. Be i mean yeah for sure the guy. Runs like a freak of nature so he's. Running touchdowns all over the place.
Speaker 2: He never looked, Like he. Got caught from behind no never he. Doesn't look like He's a. BURNER but he's Like steve McNair i don't, think steve McNair Ran Crazy. Fast but you, watch steve man he was.
Speaker 3: Like he.
Speaker 2: REMINDS me of Him it's crazy i think dan orlowski said something, about IT one of, his SHOWS and i was, like and i started watching him like this motherfucker. Really DOESN'T like steam in. There and i loved are McNair he was so fun to Watch And.
Speaker 3: McNair play For The tennessee titan, I Know, Houston Oilers right well houston. OILERS tennessee Titans all like that i think i'm guaranteeing this guy is the. Number one.
Speaker 2: Pick in the, draft guarantee, It i'm guaranteeing. IT all right i'm taking.
Speaker 3: It i feel like he solidified it. As well at his pro day, he ABSOLUTELY dominated his pro day and i think he should be. THE number one pick as well i just love the. Way that he plays the, game he can throw the.
Speaker 5: Ball.
Speaker 2: He can run, the ball well my player too zero star recruit because he. Was in a, wing t offense that's you know that's a huge part. Of why he was zero. STAR that's all like. Counter, shit i played against That Well that's probably Ninety Eight. Super bowl game against naperville redskins we ain't. Never seen the wing tea before from COMING from the, west coast of i would city Went Over, the parking lots of disney world saw these kids running a.
Speaker 3: Wing tea, in the walk through we're like what? The fuck, are we getting into and yeah it's a bunch of guys just running a bunch. Of different shit, all the time it's very tough and so it's hard for. The quarterback to get any notice he. Only, averaged twelve pass at ten well that's probably where he. Learned how to.
Speaker 2: RUN the, ball that exactly exactly i mean this. Is this is gonna be fun i'm excited to see.
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 2: DON'T hear ANYTHING bad about him i never i haven't heard anything like he's. Not, a problem to be around like regardless of What You, want to say about shadora sanders people talk about, him for being, there's something there you. KNOW of some kind of something i haven't heard of any Of Those. KIND of stories with cam word i don't know if that's the, media shit or this or that but like he, seems to be like a good like. Liked, GUY in the locker room.
Speaker 3: Well i can tell you, this if you're a zero star you gotta be headed and you got to, be going in the right direction because if you're a zero star, and you're causing problems in life you're. Never going to get any opportunities you can be a five star and cause, five hundred problems in your life but. You're going to keep getting chances, but when you're a zero star. They're just going to overlook you if you have a. Background of bad behavior as well so clearly you know the football gods are on his side because, he seems, like a great dude you know and that's, why you, probably haven't heard. Anything you know intangible about him, so for all you young kids if, you think you're a zero, star you Still have a shot because. Cam ward was a zero star now he's about to be The Goddamn First Pick of. The national, football, League draft tonight all right time What?
Speaker 2: KIND of dude, Is. CAM ward i don't know julian i think you, said it right.
Speaker 3: At, the beginning right after that, no it was ten minutes, ago OR like TWENTY minutes. AGO so i think i forgot i got hit IN the head a lot since, i got drafted fifteen, years ago and the, SECOND round forty second pick overall. I can remember that still there, i.
Speaker 2: Said he was a stud but. He's developed himself into his stead, but he wasn't always a stud and. The stud is always, a. Stud that's a good. Point mkay zero stars ain't studs. You know what, they, Are dogs they're fucking dogs okay. AND he's right up my alley. I was a fucking zero. Stuck that was a.
Speaker 3: Zero star That's, Why, you ain't a stud no no maybe For Breakfast, you can be. A stutley muffin, But. That's all you're a dog, julian you were? A zero star you know what and that's from the. STORIES we've been talk star.
Speaker 2: LOSER i WAS a four star.
Speaker 6: I.
Speaker 3: Think, i Was, a two star yeah you werek, because if you get an offer you're automatically A two. Star if you go Division one. BUT he didn't Go division one.
Speaker 2: I went to juq one first so.
Speaker 3: You were a zero, star zero you know that game.
Speaker 2: It's either a?
Speaker 3: Zero, or, one you were zero?
Speaker 2: Well No? Who wasn't a zero cam ward and we already just declared what he's officially on Three, ONE two three dog dog yeah i mean the story of him being zero star to what he is gambling on Himself, to come back transfer, to miami it's it's it's honestly these new stories that are gonna be, developed with this new rule system you're gonna see a. LOT of this kind of story i bet guys that start at a lower, level school dips to another. SCHOOL then, goes to another school i mean that's that's what. Happens when you're a free agent every year and you're not Really.
Speaker 3: Gonna see that guy that's division two that's, dominant to get drafted really anymore, because he's gonna get scooped off scoop in the in the transfer, portal now, and go division one you know. Before his junior and senior year so You're not really gonna, see that cinderella type player anymore which is. Kind of disappointing a little. Bit it was always So fun. IT'S kind, of like march madness i mean you got four number one seeds going going out of for the final four are why because. They're powerhouses there every single year they're going to scoop. The best players and pay them it's not like you're gonna get the sixteenth seed and just some random, guy that, developed, late in, college you know dominating you. Know on some no name team he's gonna get scooped up from that no name gone and get paid, and go. To a powerhouse program you know so you're not, really going to see that ANYMORE. Even in in in the nfl so It's basically going to be all division one guys that. ARE going, To be drafted now i mean i'm sure There's gonna, be a Select few division two, maybe One division three guy drafted but i'm sure they're all. Going, to be from top schools now we'll be.
Speaker 2: Right back, after this quick break.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Let's get, to our next.
Speaker 3: Guest so stupid that's fricking funny, that's, the whole point of it right what's. The whole point of?
Speaker 2: The show do it's too great what? Kind Of dudes, EACH guys are or oh well I got really off track because i.
Speaker 3: THOUGHT it, was to be silly i.
Speaker 2: Mean we're, silly while we're doing oh well then.
Speaker 3: We're both on the same page. We both have our, arm, goals yours is the. Right dudes mine's to be silly sometimes you got to. Rate, a dude to be silly okay, well let. Me read another dude? Let's, go are we Reading nuts. Also This is a german. Episode the germans are very serious i'm sorry for joking around and trying to. Make people laugh and be silly. It's it's a serious show Now.
Speaker 2: Nine that means no in german.
Speaker 3: This. Beer, like tastes like. Sour patch kids that's a.
Speaker 2: Lie it's really sweet.
Speaker 3: And tasty it's like A wine.
Speaker 2: It's, a heafen weisn. I think well it's very good.
Speaker 3: There's got to. Be sugar in here or SOMETHING i'm telling you.
Speaker 2: It's really i think that's. Like a Huge part?
Speaker 3: Of beer delicious?
Speaker 2: Sugar is that is that what that's how? It, MAKES the alcohol really.
Speaker 3: Really okay, i didn't know that All Right Let's.
Speaker 2: Get onto amen RAW saint brown what is the? Ai Have To Say about all may row Saint. Brown Start, the clock.
Speaker 3: A monrah saint brown A Standout, wide receiver for the detroit lions is known for his. Precise route running and reliable hands since, his debut in twenty twenty, one he's consistently shown his talent amassing three hundred and, forty six catches for three thousand eight hundred seventy. Seven yards and twenty four touchdowns man he MADE a name for HIMSELF at Usc before, hitting the nfl with german roots adding, An Interesting twist to his backstory saint brown carries. A rich heritage off the, field he's known for his genuine down the earth nature and commitment. To giving back to. The community he's for. THE kids he's a good. Guy i watched, him on receiver. Hard working guy that's for sure. He's, been working his butt off ever since he was a young. Buck doing all the ladder drills his.
Speaker 2: Dad was there to.
Speaker 3: TRAIN home that was mister? Universe i how crazy is Twice whoa there's like videos of amran his.
Speaker 2: Brother who's also in?
Speaker 3: The?
Speaker 2: League, What's what's his name. Equadinias yeah i'm. Not, reading that that's so hard equinymius.
Speaker 3: You want to you? Want to know? What, em means what IS it well there's like sometimes i like just. Know things like it's just wild. You're Gonna, probably be MIND blown but, demius there's things I can't. Say, but there's Things i know equinomius. It's The Egyptian god of Medicine oh. Im tip is, The, egyptian god oh my gosh. Okay let, me redo. That one hold on hold on you want to know what? Economous? H, toppings emo hot Tip yeah tip what. Is the egyptian god, Of MEDICINE that's tough to say and. I can't believe you knew that. I Just know things Like that so amura. Is The egyptian king of Gods equominis emo tip. Is The egyptian God of medicine o. Cyrus, is egyptian god of death. Hey those are some badass names his dad. Had a plan for these kids he definitely had a plan and. They're going out and they're executing i'm such, A fan, Of, all melt right i said brown you want to, know what he reminds me of the, way that he plays the game the, way that he runs his routes bowl routes, And, cuts out, routes like you jules. Like You and they're. Very similar min man we, HAD we, DO have, similar game i feel i mean, because he moves around a lot he's great, with the ball, in his hands and most. Importantly you, Both are. Boxer ripped. He's ripped you're ripped he's, ripped you. GUYS have Similar belt same height i think i'll tell you five times, which never mind.
Speaker 2: He's, six foot sorry he's six Foot but you're. Both ripped, central he's fucking diesel, he's Versatile he makes big catches and I'm Excited. FOR him, in the detroit lions i mean he's going to be a cornerstone of this organization and where they're, going in these next few years and. HOPEFULLY it's it's to the Top i think it's time. For detroit to have their.
Speaker 3: Time he has great yak, ability when he catches the. Ball he, makes, guys, miss.
Speaker 2: Always he's strong runner strong lower so.
Speaker 3: He, doesn't just help Out The team he helps out jared. Goff, tremendously as. QUARTERBACKS love players yeah daddy yack i mean it. Just PATS their stats big time and i. Mean, he can track that ball yeah. He's. Good at tracking.
Speaker 2: The ball track he's really.
Speaker 3: Good HE'S really good at that and i, would say, that might pertain to you, know some TRAINING with his dad, because when i was growing up my dad, would hit tennis balls at us like really high and we would have to track the ball and then he would hit, it like full speed as too so our reaction time would just improve week. And week out as a kid so, he kind of had a. Similar you know style growing, up brothers obviously to compete, with and, then also his dad you know putting him through drills and.
Speaker 2: Training right away as a kid so being able to.
Speaker 3: Track a ball just goes way, back to when you're a child and he does a great job with it on the football had crazy. Dad made him do crazy drills i'm a. PART Of THAT club as well i MEAN i remember my dad when i was getting. INTO the league to return punts, i never.
Speaker 2: WERE caught punts really you know, i DID a little in college BUT i was a quarterback and i would get on the press box at the high school and PUNT off the press box while i had those a pair of sunglasses that. Were TAPED with one eye closed so i had to catch a punt off of my dad kicking it off the press box while my sister was throwing little like tennis, balls, at me, so distract me like You know having the crazy d he definitely had crazy dad. That made him do, crazy drills you can. Just tell well we did, too part. The love this guy. Tough guy. He plays with toughness it's tough it's crazy when one, of your guys on your offense one of, the toughest guys. In your offense is your receiver it's it's. Very rare and he's like that he. Brings the Toughness To that team him and penney sewel. And a lot of the guys. But he's one of those guys you watch him in the run game is blocking. In the run, game is huge he goes, in lays hat on the. Safeties digs guys out for force. Uh you can put them anywhere. He makes catches in every. Spot he can run ball down. HE runs good go routes too i mean. He's not just a. Slot guy he's a versatile, guy ball great in, his hands hard to bring. Down way faster, Than you think he's elitely quick. He's stronger than what you think. He's a fucking good football player that's why, you getting paid hell of. Money getting paid. THIRTY million dollars thirty million dollars i think. He's, got thirty million dollars country.
Speaker 3: Gosh that's more. Than You, made Your.
Speaker 2: WHOLE curve damn clos damn Near, I Feel.
Speaker 3: Bad for your jewels, damn near podcasts help you Out hopefully The.
Speaker 2: Podcast will oh man raw man. I'm trying to, make?
Speaker 3: Slot?
Speaker 2: Receiver you come join dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you also tweet out uh you know this podcast because we're. Just trying to make some, money jewels made, his whole career, made thirty million you know? Which and now? You made it you made?
Speaker 2: It can you help us?
Speaker 3: Out can you help him? Out? Can?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: Tweet, us here, hey mom. Please please thank you thank you think our?
Speaker 3: Dads? Could beat up his dad uh maybe. If, IT was two verse one yeah.
Speaker 2: I Think That Would Be tough Papa Adam Dog.
Speaker 3: Papa gronk versus papa saint brown that would be a.
Speaker 2: Fun coming to arena, near. YOU that's a cage match right, i JUST got a hip surgery so i think he'd. Be a little out right, now but he Bites Some caps. HE'D do Some dan campbell shit i think amon.
Speaker 3: Has been, throwing a couple tds. As well which, is pretty, Cool I've. Been watching you know detroit Lions i'm, a fan Of The. Lions actually especially coach dan campbell they're just fun to watch and he, fits the, system and he's bringing you know that that Type Of style to life that dan campbell wants and that's why he's such a. Great mold there in that organization and it's cool because they do all the trick plays and he's so versatile that he can throw the ball as well and do what you. Know they're, asking him to do so obviously you throwing a, couple of passes in your career how would you rate, His, PASSES that he has thrown, jules i mean touchdowns He's got he's got through a teddy to, What was it Twenty, twenty four week four against seahawks had a receiving touchdown and a. Throwing touchdown and a Passing Touchdown. He, threw back. To jared golf yeah he Did. He threw it back to jared.
Speaker 2: It looked like a tight spiral he's so strong.
Speaker 1: That you know.
Speaker 2: He got tight you got it he probably got a strong ass.
Speaker 3: And, he laid it in perfectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah he could throw the. Ball he COULD throw the ball One Trade, I would.
Speaker 3: Say that dan campbell i've seen him talking, about him in a press conference is just how. Consistent he is with his routine and to BE, a great player in the nfl you, got to have a great, routine especially as you get older especially as the. Years continue to pack on you you got, to have, that, routine to be you know consistent so you can go out there and do what you need to do out on the football, field when. YOU'RE twenty twenty one twenty two, i mean there's a little routine but not as big of a routine that you need to be when you want to consistently be on top up your game when you start hitting your mid Twenties To thirties and a'man. Ross saint brown has a routine, he's gonna play for a while and, He's a great player out there and just huge props of Him. For what he's doing in detroit.
Speaker 2: Real mature of him to realize the rooutine two at such. A, young part of his career like. If you're that's a mature mindset if you're that's like a pro when, you get into the locker room you have your time dialed out for what you have to do to get your work in to make. You better each and every day and you could just tell. He's a product of, that routine does the same shit probably does, the CATCHING drills before the. Game which i think he. DOES he has the weight routine i bet you. HE does, a lot of prehab i mean. He's he's definitely a routine Guy, but. He's his Mom's. From germany right He, speaks german He. Also speaks french he speaks english he's got, A great podcast with.
Speaker 3: His brother a thirty third team after scoring his, first touchdown in twenty twenty three you remember the, Little HIP thrust thing he did no i don't can?
Speaker 2: You show, me, the, KEY pill. He's like yeah yeah i remember he said he would have gave he would have been flagged if he gave. One, more pump. Like the kid yeah.
Speaker 3: He knew he's a, smart guy he. Knew one more. Six more pump he was done. One more pump and he's done oh here it is. One pump pump, and he. Stopped That's that's discipline is discipline dan campbell wanted, to see That third? Pump, too did he he did no he.
Speaker 2: Wanted, he wanted a fifteen yarder.
Speaker 3: No he wanted to see in. The locker, room.
Speaker 2: After the, Game, yeah right crazy uh well jules have you?
Speaker 3: EVER been flagged. FOR a, CELEBRATION i. HAVE none i got i got i got fined for. Throwing the ball in the. Stands, that's not a flag? THOUGH yeah?
Speaker 2: DID you get flagged.
Speaker 3: I got i did one time i actually, ron Spiked the football really. Hard and coach balichak always hard don't spike it near in a, polter because if it hits. Anyone, it's A fifteen yard penalty yeah and I. LITERALLY spiked it was versus Jets i think. It was A monday night.
Speaker 2: Game it was sunday night football it was my SECOND.
Speaker 3: Year in the league when i was. Going OFF Scoring all those touchdowns and i gronk spiked. It and no one was around the ball literally went like fifteen yards that way and it hit the guy in the shoulder and there was a flag thrown, and then all, of, a, sudden he was like oh whatever personal foul, number eighty seven on the offense penalty will. Be ADDED on to the kickoff, and i WAS sitting there like how? Did, i, just get A penalty like? Well WHAT did i just do and i watched the replay and they showed the ball going like fifteen yards all the way over To the left and hitting. The, jets player in the shoulder Yeah it was the weakest penalty i've.
Speaker 2: Ever gotten because you're too jacked you literally threw the ball so hard at the ground and. Went fifteen yards the other way it was Like.
Speaker 3: The Same Power. As Mister Olympian. Mister saint brown.
Speaker 2: Mister saint brown what a BADASS to have. Sun in the nfl like that and he's and he's.
Speaker 3: MORE jack than all of them.
Speaker 2: I don't, think any, he was he was he Was he was those guys. Are those guys, are pretty jacked and you know the apples don't.
Speaker 3: Fall too far.
Speaker 2: From, The tree they're. All jacked man they're all jacked would you Rather have a dad that's mister universe Or an Arm Wrestling world champ TYSON beije It Remember, the backup qb on the, bears His Dad over the top fucking sylvester stallone. TRYING to win the goddamn self.
Speaker 3: I would say an arm wrestler champion dad of the world because. It just, kind of lasts longer you know you'll always have that power as an, ARM wrestlers, jacky IN the world i know but i feel. LIKE that, doesn't last as long i, mean you're still gonna be jacked but like as an arm wrestling if you're the, most Jack, guy in the universe mister universe he's the jackas you would.
Speaker 2: You, would be the ultimate dude actually if you're the.
Speaker 3: Most, jacked Person in the World Yeah wrestle TALLANT'S cool ash danium mandola that i mean.
Speaker 2: He, broke someone's arm doing it yeah he wasn't after a PARTY. At a party after the.
Speaker 3: Supera you, Can't talk, about that all right we're done but we can KEEP that in BECAUSE it was i rather have i Would have my dad be mister universe and the most jacked? MAN in, THE whole.
Speaker 2: GOTT it I want i want i, think i'm, going one thousand, Percent mister universe Fucking Bloom, bling i'm going straight jack homie? Could?
Speaker 3: You show Me?
Speaker 2: THAT again please boom bo wow i, Just, SEEING.
Speaker 3: You in that.
Speaker 2: Character.
Speaker 3: Jules i was pretty impressive mite was that your gentleman in you that?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 3: Know, you, flexing like that yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow gentleman in me time Well What Kind Of, Dude Is Alman Rah? Saint brown camo ross saint brown? WHAT kind, of guy is, He i mean. He's a dog he's a? Dude is he a. Dude's dude he, seems pretty cool he. Is cool he's smart. As fuck he knows. Ten languages, he's also a STUD, second round guy went to usc grew up And you grew up in an you grew up in so cal AND you get to go. To usc or, a fucking, stud that's. Just that you. Know e're stud he's. A freak he's explosive as hell i wouldn't put.
Speaker 3: HIM in that freak category though i think it's he's he's more impressive because he's not so.
Speaker 2: Big and he's not a freak.
Speaker 3: You got you gotta be huge you gotta Be. Huge or. Something like k metcalf freak dog. He's definitely relentless is he's definitely. He's motivated big time as. Well every day.
Speaker 2: He's Self motivated. He's a, self motivated.
Speaker 3: He's juice here's juice, all right on account of three you tell, Me who you think HE is i'll tell you what i think he. Is, On three one. Two three.
Speaker 2: Dog he's a dog? He's definitely did? YOU say DOG he said, STUDY i thought.
Speaker 3: I heard dog i said, stud just because he's very athletic.
Speaker 2: But he's got that toughness. In them that gretty he does he does.
Speaker 3: Have some serious toughness to him.
Speaker 2: He's tough to a level that You see when he, putting.
Speaker 3: The lions on the map. Helping put Them On the. Map it fits dan campbell's program.
Speaker 2: He's one of, the flat carriers of that team and. That team was full of dogs.
Speaker 3: You want to know, why he might be? A dog then why might why i might go with you because he knows all sixteen wide receivers, that were drafted ahead of him and. He recites them before every game and. That is dog energy right there.
Speaker 2: That's fucking's a that's, A.
Speaker 3: Dog that's like my dog ralphie he's smaller and he can recite every, big dog that goes by him. And he tacks him every time that's like the sixteen wide receivers. That were drafted ahead of him they're, all bigger and, better than him they were saying and he had tax them. And cites them before. Every game that's some dog energy that's that's some Crazy, shit and you gotta. Have yeah that's. That's a, dog that's a. Stamp you're right he's a dog let's.
Speaker 2: Move on to our first guest who's that who Catches A hundred Balls. Every fucking you're travis fucking. Kelsey this guy's A production machine what is A I Have? To say about travis. Miro Kelsey start the clock.
Speaker 3: Now travis kelcey is widely regarded as one OF the, greatest tight ends in nfl history known for. His exceptional, RECEIVING skills, AND athleticism, SO far, I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree i, agree i agree off.
Speaker 3: The field he is seen. As a charismatic and dedicated individual he often praise. For his leadership and community involvement kelsey has Made A Significant, impact on the kansas city chiefs helping them secure Multiple playoff appearances and A super bowl victory and out ai, not Not you. Know right here super. Bowl victories gotta make it plarial he.
Speaker 2: Got, he got he.
Speaker 3: Got three yeah he's. Got, three yeah in. THE.
Speaker 2: CATEGORY yeah, he's got three ai i Mean would. THEY say just super bowl victory I.
Speaker 3: Knew we. Were smarter than ai. They're.
Speaker 2: Not, they're Not there yet yeah Yeah super bowl and a.
Speaker 3: Super bowl victory SAYS all, right he holds several notablell records including the most consecutive in overall seasons with a thousand. Receiving, Yards by a tight end recently kelsey has Been In, the spotlight for dating taylor Swift Co hosting the popular Podcast New Heights, with his brother Jason kelcey killer and becoming the, chiefs all time Leader In. Receptions, surpassing the legendary tony gonzalez wow And There's still a myth about. Tony gonzalez has Not been solved the urban legend. We're not going to talk about we're just Gonna. LET that, this is about Travis. I. Mean this is about travis tony we know that we know no matter what. The world because of that myth, Good, things coming through with. You yes good thing.
Speaker 2: Coming through, it's, already.
Speaker 3: Comes off oh man killer trav. Man killer killer. Killer killer trap. He's so slippery he is slippery that's. A, good, way, to, put. It slippery smooth smooth flexible functionable he's got like a VERY reliable he's got a very.
Speaker 2: I remember us talking about it he just has that basketball body. Where like he doesn't get. Hurt he's always, he's elegantly running when he runs. He's faster than what you think and. He's stronger than what you think and, he's always in the right.
Speaker 3: Position always in the right position he knows how to find an open HOLE better than any. Tight end i have. Ever seen finding an open hole, Yeah, in the, Defense, to him okay, the defense okay if it's, on you can.
Speaker 2: Find, you know the soft spot yeah that's soft, the soft spot of things.
Speaker 3: Again just and sit in?
Speaker 2: It what, about man man coverage oh man he. Has he's got. Great boat rounds you see him he.
Speaker 3: Get the top of the route he's, so, like, uh, like, like savgy yeah savvy savvy savvy savage savvy, at the top of the route like he, can go to boom boom boom like a basketball player dribbling when they're, at the top one on one crossing over like he's got that and that's what. Truly gets them open as well and that's what makes him a great player is because of, his knowledge in the zone game the, ability to find the open hole to find the where the grass is So He can sit there and patrick mahomes can. Just dump it right to him and then also the ability to just be so savvy a top of the route and have that crossover type OF skills and then make the dB confused or the, safety or the linebacker, that's rare a linebacker on him to make them? Confuse what way he's going on boom he breaks, out and he has that separation he can. Get that separation because of it, and when he has that separation You Have. A quarter back like patrick mahomes he's gonna find you every single time and. Put that ball on the? Money can you?
Speaker 2: Keep him separated? What's that from that's a? Song can?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Keep him? Separated is that uh? OH dang who sings that?
Speaker 3: Again I. Know who that is h, M i'm getting a. Tattoo now i'm getting, ain't, DONE that's the same, artist right i asked for Thirteen But. They, drew, THIRTY with offspring offspring yes yes i, think that's. The, same, song too isn't It. Yeah, Yeah It is the offspring now. Travis kelsey is like an offspring. He's different from every tight end he's one. Of the best ever to play. That's, being an offspring right there now? Do, you get, A, Traditional guy yeah Ask me, Jules ask me and. I'll answer i'm not scared here you get.
Speaker 2: Seeing, people comparing, him to you uh.
Speaker 3: You know. IT'S really, like not a comparison, i mean you can compare us, but we're two totally different, players to tell you the truth and like it all depends on what type. Of scheme, you're in as well you know like what they Ask Him To, DO with the kansas city chiefs i could not Replicate. What he's doing with the chiefs if YOU ask him to do What I Was, DOING with the new england patriots. I don't think he, could REPLICATE he could do it like, i COULD do what he's doing but i wouldn't have been able to Replicate what he's doing, with the chiefs at that level and they know. How to use his skill set we. Have two totally different skill sets by far. Like by far like he's savvy, AT the Top of the route I was i'm gonna run and i'm just Gonna go to the corner. And i'm gonna outrun the. Guy i'm gonna use my body i'm gonna be physical and tom just throw the ball up, And if the guy's, On me i'm bigger than him i'm gonna use my body box them out and just go. Up and, catch the freaking ball all. Right just throw me the ball. There was nothing more to it. This guy has like eight moves he's. Like a wide receiver out there. So we're two totally different players you can compare us because we, both wear at number eighty seven. So that's in comparison, right there, but if he fit you know if you, BROUGHT him to doing a pitch i don't think he WOULD be able. To do what i was doing he, would be able to do it but NOT to the capable level that i was. Being able to do, it, at so we're different. Players man way totally different players he has, mastered his SKILL set as well just like i MASTERED my skill set and what I brought To the, table but, i mean i'm. NOT you, know sick of it i. MEAN he's, he's a great player i mean he definitely belongs as THE, best tight end in the nfl or debate debatable as being THE best tight end in the nfl due to his stats and what. He has, done for, the position but uh. YOU know it's just an honor i guess it's an honor. To, be in the same category now what if you guys. WERE both in the same team i think we would be perfect to. BE both, ON the same team i mean i feel like. We, kind of counter each other, uh there's no, doubt about, It JUST the way, you know like i was. Saying how we were different, players his aspect of, the game how he, you know can line up anywhere how he can motion to any any point on. THE field at any given time i was KIND of the guy like though i really got a, Motion across the LINE of scrimmage like like sometimes I was, IN the HUDDLE like i'm tom i, know I got a motion here but i'm. Just, Gonna line up over there man i'm. Like too, Big to be, motioning you, know travis is lighter you, know you, can motion him. Around, YOU know set him up. Yeah, i had, THAT happen before, YEAH you know i you know. I got a lot of masks so, we WOULD compliment each other unbelievable and i would say that we. WOULD have been, the best duel i would say one of the best duels to play, if we play With each other don't you, Think, SO we had a doubt yeah i.
Speaker 2: Mean we kind.
Speaker 3: OF had that YEAH we did i was actually i was actually going to say that that we would we would have broke the records of ME and the other. Guy about i won't mention names we broke. Basically every record in the book WHEN when it was, him and i NUMBER eighty five yeah.
Speaker 2: It was i.
Speaker 3: THINK he had like two numbers i think he was eighty one at first. Eighty and then number eighty.
Speaker 2: Five so we broke every record in the.
Speaker 3: Book for being dual tight ends like we had like what twenty, SIX touchdowns a, year and like i don't know twenty four. Hundred Yards just BETWEEN tight ends travis callacy and i together would have definitely matched those numbers or produced even More You're what slot. Receiver than randy moss.
Speaker 2: Out wide just there's so much collections going on in that.
Speaker 3: Who would Be our quarterback there mahomes or brady or will we have them both? AND one would play. One half i Got, THE other, WE gotta, go brady i know I agree because we don't know i Don't know how to play with we don't know how, to play that that scrambled drill second play within a play. That was not like our forte so those guys learn That it's that scrambled drill like travis is always open when there's that Second Play within. The play that patrick mahomes creates and they've got on such a wavelength where he's always in the open position.
Speaker 2: And he knows where to go he reads and scans the field better than anyone And he always finds open. And mahomes always delivered, To him so's it'd. Be, different it'd be very different yeah.
Speaker 3: The second phase of a play he's got that down to a. SCIENCE on how to get Open I mean that's due to patrick mahomes. Being Able to scramble like that but travis is also one of the most Clutch players in the history. Historyfl there's no doubt about it when it comes to playoff performances or. A tough all the number, game he has all the numbers he has all the catches when it's when it's. That time to, make a play, and he's. Fun HE is swaggy he's smooth but i swear it's due to the fact that, he has that. Like basketball, mentality the basketball Body like yeah like he's not Jackie Has another dad boy, like patrick mahomes in a, way but a little bit, skinnier a. LITTLE bit more. Proportioned dad bot, i, Would say but, those guys man i'm, telling you they don't, get hurt they don't pull muscles. And it's because they're not tight. And HE'S not tight at all and i swear that's what makes. Him a player that he.
Speaker 2: Is he's yea impliable and.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 2: Are Worried about him right now why i'm not worried because. His, production is a little bit, Ye You had a good game But i'm not worried until like travis is going to show up When The.
Speaker 3: Team needs, him in december january that's like that's. When, that's when you need him okay he.
Speaker 2: Got he's thirty four years old now he's chilling until that point and he'll turn it on and these jokers will probably go out and win again. Because He's, Part Of, That Formula, Patrick mahomes Andy. Reid travis kelcey spags and, christians.
Speaker 3: And on top of it he kind. Of is a complete tight end he doesn't get. The job done in the trunches you're not gonna put him one on one with a freaking two. Hundred and eighty, Pounds Defensive vent like you know coach balichuk loved to do with me, in practice and. Just you, know get my brains you Know Just mushed every day versus rob. Ninkovich and all the other guy he just loved putting me versus every single practice and just loved watching me just bang my head every day and go. Out and do it. IN games but. It was fun I loved it that's that's why. I did it and never complained but. But he gets the job DONE you want To Know, How i describe blocking james harrison. That's kind of what he does he's kind Of got it down to get he gets in the way and he knows. Where the play, has to hit any knowing board. That's all you need to do. That's all you need to do if, you got that down Those signs which he does. And i've seen him do it. It springs the running back stale the. Guy does not make the play so he's got it. Down and tell, you the truth. He's A Superstar a Super, superstar he's dame taylor, fucking swift and they might. Could they. Should have a kid they should. That would be a great kid it would be? A, what would, kid be performing like you know having eight catches a game and then like halftime he's doing, the halftime, show in like fifteen you know in. Like, Twenty four years probably sooner yeah taylor was on the, scene when, she was like thirteen all right so It Would. Be like the new ryan williams you know How. He's seventeen years old at alabama their kid would. Be like four four in college they're just surpassed like. Middle school because he's so smart and.
Speaker 2: Then he would go like do a duet with like He would go. Do, something, with quavo right.
Speaker 3: After yeah so and then he'll be in the league at eighteen and then singing and top.
Speaker 2: Ten, hits in a TikTok song dang.
Speaker 3: They need to have, a kid if that's, the case, They gotta have it got it and we would be crazy NOT To talk about last year's, afc championship, game when all year all year we, kept on.
Speaker 2: Hearing people not, me not me, chiefs are done. They Look Old? They look slow where's? Travis kelce What? Are they doing red? Hot baltimore What. Are they doing rd hot baltimore he.
Speaker 3: Goes eleven CATCHES On eleven targets in the afc championship when everyone. Knows they're throwing him the ball. That's a fucking that's a killer why they call him kill traft clutch one of the. MOST clutch players of. All time i SID that already how, about when i first met him my Very first, time of truly meeting. I'm like truly Truly Meet. Him. He came to gronk. Beach man it Was. Really cool he Was.
Speaker 2: In vegas it was In, vegas the draft was in Vegas And.
Speaker 3: He came up. TO grounk beach, you, WERE there. I was hammered. Man, i was i was hammered actually it was one of the few times IN the last few years where I was Pretty hammed up AND i was, I'm, awesome when i handed up. ACTUALLY you jumped on, my back i didn't feel it didn't even. CARRY it was on my back i just started running around on stage jewels, and you jumped on my, Back And all of a sudden killing traps shows up and we're having. A dance off, on the stage.
Speaker 2: He can, dance AND he rob, could dance.
Speaker 3: But i could dance like kind of, like they're my own dance was but he can for, real dance, because like. WE said he's fluid, he's, FLUID i got too muscular man i just NEVER worked out like the way i worked out, like IN high school and college like i should have. Been doing, like, more pliability stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah right yeah because, That was kind of my motto like that was.
Speaker 3: Kind of my persona being Jacked you.
Speaker 2: Were a senior in heisman playing against. Fourth graders, when you were playing but IMAGINE just fucking.
Speaker 3: Imagine LIKE if i was looser and i could, dance better and you could.
Speaker 2: Dance you. Dance your, Own style you're good.
Speaker 3: You're right i'm. The best at dancing my style you. Ain't no one? Can match, me, ain't nobody imagine. All right time let's drop In What. KIND of, dude is travis kelcey i mean like you. Kind of just said, it already you hit it right off the, bat without even thinking about it. WITHOUT even, going over the. CATEGORIES i mean we got freak i. Don't really think. He's a freak he's not fak maybe somewhere, else he's freaking the sheets man, freaking.
Speaker 2: The Sheets because, you know. But killing But hey that's all. That's all i'm Going to say that's how.
Speaker 3: Far i'm only going to go, but but on the, Football, field like his physical attributes no not not, Really A, freak like, we said dad bob but fluid SO Like a freak.
Speaker 2: Is like, dk metcalf like that dude's freaky eat like cheetos for breakfast And he's. Got a nineteen pas. Yeah exactly this guy.
Speaker 3: A dog he's. Definitely a dog. HE'S definitely motivated he's a. Dog, i think he's a dog, YES he's a, dude's dude too i bet yeah he's.
Speaker 2: So cool in he's a. Stud make some.
Speaker 3: Beers with you he's a whiz he's that's because. HE knows how to get open i, would say he's like true whiz but he's a whiz at his. Position kind. Of just like myself tight ends don't know. That we know the whole playbook, but we're, not like the smartest you know we know. What we just need to.
Speaker 2: Know, you didn't MISS up, much yeah but like i said we.
Speaker 3: Know, what we need to know?
Speaker 2: Hey so is he? A stud.
Speaker 3: Is he? A stud he is. A stud he is. A stud he's definitely a? STUD but is he a dog i.
Speaker 2: THINK it's between stud and dog I think because he went to cincinnati and what he was a fifth round, draft pick or fourth. Round draft third round draft pick he had the troubles. In college with the marijuana bullshit. THAT'S why he dropped the third i think that's like kind.
Speaker 3: Of being more of a dog that's a dog because if you're getting in trouble for that stuff and you're saying.
Speaker 2: You're still going out and performing studs. Don't get in trouble for.
Speaker 3: That studs don't get in trouble.
Speaker 2: Studs can get out of it stud gotta be a start on the field and off the field in.
Speaker 3: Order, to be label a.
Speaker 2: Stud yeah and like.
Speaker 3: Get in in trouble for that.
Speaker 2: That's it's kind. Of a week to get. Doggle but it's. Also a dog it's, a dog you get in trouble dog goes in its. Cage and it.
Speaker 3: Comes back out. That's a dog.
Speaker 2: That's, a dog he's a dog Well that's Been. Another episode Of Dudes, On, Dude Subscribe, on apple podcasts spotify amazon. Music wherever you listen to podcasts come in a dude you, want us to. Do and remember.
Speaker 8: Rate And, review do it, Like ronk oh rate and review call in and ask us a question on the, chill line at, five six one two. Zero three five Seven eight Nine remember to, Follow.
Speaker 2: Dudes on, dudes On. YouTube instagram x TikTok and snapchat. We'll see You guys next week Dudes. On dudes the production Of. iHeartRadio visit More podcasts, from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app app podcast. And wherever you get your podcasts