Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the podcast. And we know a lot of you use Brooke and Jeffrey to get chores done to be productive during the day, So we're giving you double the second dates on a Saturday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you can work out to it, you can. I don't know what else? Do you go on a walk? Oh yeah, there's another one.
Speaker 3: Sleep?
Speaker 2: A lot of people do say they fall asleep to us. We compliment or insult. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we have two second dates right now, back to back. I mean before we do that, we always love to read a couple comments. Alexis what do you see?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pajaro the Snake said, I've learned so many red flags from listening to the show.
Speaker 5: Wood thing.
Speaker 2: We are definitely a what not to do situation.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna learn that real quick.
Speaker 1: Here's your first up to Second Dates starts now.
Speaker 5: I just ran the numbers, and over the last decade plus that we've been doing this show, we've covered thirty six hundred and fifty two different dinner dates, and not one of them has ever ended like today's. Something shocking went down to both people, not just one at the end of the night, and in fact, the restaurant management had to get involved, and our listener describes it as the most impressive thing that's ever happened to her.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear what it is.
Speaker 5: He probably been saying a ton about guys nowadays with their first date efforts. But we're still going to try to get to the bottom of this. It is pretty crazy. You'll hear it in your second date update, Next second date update, Brook, what's the most impressive thing a guy has ever done on a date with you? And don't say rotates a family compost bucket again?
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's marriage material. He actually flew me to Vegas for a surprise date.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: We stayed in the suite.
Speaker 1: It was pretty awesome.
Speaker 5: Oh he went with you too. Yeah, okay, just threw you out there as like get away from me.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I only ask because one of our listeners says she left a first date recently feeling more impressed than she's ever been with any man she's dated. So listen up, single guys out there, This could possibly help you. I don't know, though, Let's talk to her. Charlotte. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey, hi guys, my Charlotte.
Speaker 1: We're so curious that's a pretty good tease you gave our producer.
Speaker 5: Yeah. What was so impressive about this guy that you met?
Speaker 7: Oh, he looked like the best stage So I began this him giving me my jacket because I was pretty cold outside, so he took his off and gave it to me.
Speaker 1: That's always a sweet move.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the big impressive thing that rowed you.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 4: I love when I washed my face at their house and they know what a hand towel is to give me to dry it.
Speaker 1: That's always Really, are you concerned?
Speaker 6: How long?
Speaker 2: That Hanterson one that's impressing.
Speaker 5: Most guys just paper towels. So the fact that I don't jacket handing you a jacket, Okay, I mean that's it's not like totally unheard of. I mean it's nice, sure, But I can also say there's a new thing where some girls don't like being taken care of this.
Speaker 4: You're like, if you're cold, you want to be warmed.
Speaker 5: So was that it?
Speaker 6: No, that wasn't. He said a few things.
Speaker 7: Okay, we was at a fancy restaurant. The food was amazing, the conversation was amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this is sounding so good.
Speaker 7: Exactly the time for the check, and the waiter came over and said, mister, I don't want to say his last name on the radio.
Speaker 1: Good call, Good call.
Speaker 5: He used the last name. Wow.
Speaker 7: So mister, your money is no good here?
Speaker 5: What is like? His credit card got declined. That's not an impressive thing. He knows the owner. Your money is no good.
Speaker 6: We're going to take care of everything exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gets for free.
Speaker 5: Says she said. It was a nice restaurant, no.
Speaker 2: Slavin.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 7: I don't think he knew anybody there, because he's saying just as a surprise as.
Speaker 8: I was, he didn't know.
Speaker 1: It wasn't an owner thing like Jose was famous.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, this must be famous or something.
Speaker 7: Then I didn't know him. He didn't look famous to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you do the correct amount of Google searching before you went on the day?
Speaker 7: I did, and nothing popped up.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, you want.
Speaker 2: To deal with the celebrity didn't know it.
Speaker 1: It's one of those nights where like all the stars are aligning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but when somebody says your money's no good here, it's usually because you're inside or.
Speaker 9: You like what did she find out?
Speaker 7: Why he pressed the issue, he asked a bunch of tiunts and then he asked for the manager to come over.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this is when I say, Okay, now I'm pushing my luck.
Speaker 5: Let's get out of here to what do you mean I get the meal comped? I want to talk to your manager.
Speaker 1: I mean, it could have been like another patron that saw a cute couple that was you know, I love seeing first.
Speaker 5: What the manager say.
Speaker 7: The manager came over and he basically said the same thing. He says, it's all taken care of wow. But they didn't say that another table was taking care of it anything. They just said, mister blank, it's all taken care of of. Wow.
Speaker 5: Did we bring up the military thing? That sounds silly, but like I see a lot of people pay for military.
Speaker 4: Was he wearing a military uniform I'm.
Speaker 5: Waiting to give Did he wear camo in combat boots, dressed the formal the formal military attire?
Speaker 7: No, he wasn't from the military.
Speaker 1: How did that make you guys?
Speaker 3: Feel?
Speaker 1: Were you just like because I would be on cloud nine after that, you.
Speaker 7: Know, definitely, and you know we thought we was we was it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But you said he was embarrassed by it.
Speaker 7: He wasn't too embarrassed, he was just shocked. I think he didn't know moving on, I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe he was worried that you would think that he was cheap by not pain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where he's like, it's famous for something embarrassing and he's like, please don't say it.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a pretty cool experience. I mean, we've done this segment for a long time. I don't think anybody's ever just had their meal totally camped by the restaurant.
Speaker 7: It was expensive too, it was a really nice place.
Speaker 5: Wow, they don't camp stuff, right, So how did it end that night between you two?
Speaker 7: So the bill was taken care of, so we had dessert, still some conversation. We left, We kissed.
Speaker 2: Oh cute.
Speaker 7: Yet it was a very nice, sensual kiss.
Speaker 1: Her voice got deeper when.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really cute.
Speaker 5: What's the deal? Like, how long has it been since this happened.
Speaker 7: It's been ship stay. I haven't heard from him at all at all, And I'm super disappointed about it because everything went so well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would have left a date like that knowing that I was going to see this person.
Speaker 5: Like two days. Maybe to play hard to get after a perfect date.
Speaker 1: But six Yeah, that's crazy too much.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's something wrong. Have you reached out to him or spoken to him at all?
Speaker 7: I haven't reached out to him either.
Speaker 1: Oh man, don't you want to get to the bottom of that check?
Speaker 2: I just want to know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I wonder, Yeah, we might meet a really really famous person here coming up when we call this.
Speaker 4: Guy not famous enough that she recognized him?
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe like a d list I'm excited. We're gonna hear your second date update right after this hold on.
Speaker 9: Second date update.
Speaker 5: We are all dying to know who is this mystery man our listener Charlotte went out with the other night because they went to dinner, had a great time. He gave her his coat jacket. Yeah, because you know, very impressive, But not as impressive as what happened at the end of the night when it was time to pay the bill and the waiter said, no, mister last name, your money is no good here. Wow, and not in the way like his credit card was declined. We've heard that one a lot. No, this was sir, We're not going to let you pay because we've already covered the costs. We respect you that much.
Speaker 1: Wow, we got so into the story. Jeff, do we ever hear what his first name was?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't hear his last name or his first name.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Does he have a first or last name Charlotte?
Speaker 7: Yes, his first name is Risky.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait you're a woman.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, we don't know who this mystery guy is or what he did to get his entire meal comped at this really fancy restaurant.
Speaker 2: What if it's rick.
Speaker 1: Ross he has lost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not going to pick up. Yeah, let's just just like sorry, let's just dial him and see if he picks up first of all, or if his butler picks up or whoever it is, and hopefully gets some answers.
Speaker 6: Look, I hope he answers.
Speaker 4: If he doesn't answer, we'll call the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk to Ricky.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is Hey.
Speaker 5: My name is Jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Heya morning, Okay, yeah you voice.
Speaker 5: Yes, you actually really could help us out because we we are doing a little bit of investigative work for one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently.
Speaker 12: Okay, and oh confused?
Speaker 5: Sorry, Well I know this is a weird thing, but this called second date update, and our listener Charlotte is the one who wanted us to reach out to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she basically said it was the best date of her life that she had with you.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 5: She was very impressed.
Speaker 11: Okay, I mean, yeah, I remember Charlotte.
Speaker 5: Are you okay? Yeah, Well, do you have plans to see her again? Because she's hoping you say yes to that?
Speaker 11: Okay, So I mean I I am interested in her. I'm just currently I'm dating a few other women too, so hopefully she can be patient.
Speaker 5: Okay. Well, I mean that's understandable if you're dating other people and need a little bit of time and you're not going to like what he's not allowed to date other people.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, that's fine, but they're like wait around for me? Like what is she waiting for? Are you just waiting to decide if you like the other ones better?
Speaker 5: Like, I mean, I don't know, are you gonna Are you gonna tell her like to wait a little bit longer?
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm not gonna tell her, but definitely in the mix.
Speaker 5: Oh that's good. So we're really eager to talk to you because honestly, we heard about your guys's date and a few of us were just in awe when they didn't let you pay the check.
Speaker 9: Okay, wait, why do you laugh?
Speaker 1: Weren't you like when the waiter came up and said your money's no good here? You were like what you didn't know?
Speaker 12: Why?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, what's the do you know? Yeah, you seem to know something. Are you like famous or something?
Speaker 12: No, No, I'm not famous.
Speaker 1: Did you blackmail the manager?
Speaker 5: He's like one of his children.
Speaker 11: I figured out how to get women to like call me back for a second date.
Speaker 12: Let's just say that.
Speaker 5: What does that mean? What are you talking about?
Speaker 11: So before the date, I'll call ahead to the restaurant, right and I'll tell them, hey, I'm gonna be coming in this girl at this time.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, it's called making a reservation.
Speaker 11: Listen, well, I tell them, no, matter what we order, I don't want to pay a check. I give them my credit card number. I say, hey, put a tip automatically, even animal.
Speaker 1: That is ball or Saturday Smart, and you tip them forty percent before you're even there, so they.
Speaker 5: What if the service isn't good, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 12: It's worth it, dude. It's worth it.
Speaker 1: Way every restaurant, every date you go on, you have the waiter approach your table and say, I'm sorry, sir, your money's no good here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and it works every single time.
Speaker 12: I always get a second date without.
Speaker 4: Nice because you don't you don't need the credit for paying, or you don't hear that she knows.
Speaker 12: No, I want her to not know and have her wonder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Ready to go on a date with you.
Speaker 12: I'm telling you due work.
Speaker 6: It works.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you don't have any plans to tell Charlotte about this secret strategy? Not really.
Speaker 11: I prefer if you guys kind of kept it between us, to be honest.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean we can try to do that. But the thing is, we do have to add one other person back into this phone call who has been listening on the other line.
Speaker 1: She's actually there the whole time.
Speaker 5: And her name is Charlotte.
Speaker 12: Wow, you guys just like that for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just as sneaky as you are.
Speaker 5: The good news is this whole call will be comped for you, so you don't have to pay for this. But Charlotte, Okay, Charlotte, you there still, I'm here. You sound really happy, So why don't you talk to him about what you are? You upset?
Speaker 2: It should be a deal breaker.
Speaker 7: I'm shocked. Did it really work? Because what did we do?
Speaker 11: I mean, you're calling back trying to get a second date, and I mean, did it not work?
Speaker 5: At what we're doing?
Speaker 7: I didn't call you back?
Speaker 5: Technically, No, ill everybody but you radio?
Speaker 7: So what do you do? Ricky?
Speaker 12: What's the deal?
Speaker 7: What you had these people pretend like you were just big shot?
Speaker 12: I didn't have them pretend to anything.
Speaker 11: I just told them to tell me that my money's no good.
Speaker 12: I paid the bill in advance. That's it. What's the big deal? Did I do something wrong?
Speaker 7: You didn't call me.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to flirty again. Okay, this is good.
Speaker 12: I still might call you back.
Speaker 6: You never know.
Speaker 1: You never know. It's been six days, Ricky, But the suspense is kind of sexy.
Speaker 5: No, I think it's like two days.
Speaker 2: Wait, are you still like is this part of the game is interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Does it ruin the memory of the date or is it just kind of a funny twist for you? Charlotte.
Speaker 7: I mean it's just so weird because I'm like, you did all that and you act it like you didn't know.
Speaker 2: He's kind of weird.
Speaker 4: You ask the manager to come out.
Speaker 12: I think that was a nice touch.
Speaker 11: I feel like I went above and be odd a normal guy would do for a date, and I make things memorable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you put he didn't just take you on a date, like he set up a whole production.
Speaker 12: For you.
Speaker 3: To cook. Charlotte.
Speaker 1: When you said that, it started to throw up some red flags for me with like honesty stuff, you know.
Speaker 7: Acting in front of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if he's that good at it and he takes it to the next level, even asking for the manager.
Speaker 5: Do you want to be impressed by a guy or do you want him to be honest?
Speaker 4: You ask for the manager, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 12: I mean, she still wants to go out with me again, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: You're right.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: Let me just ask, Charlotte, are you still interested in going on another date with Ricky? And we would pay for that date, We would comp it for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that though.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, that's gonna be on you and then we'll have the manager go up to her anything her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Charlotte, Well absolutely not.
Speaker 12: That's fine.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 11: To be honest, I guarantee you it's in the next twenty four or forty eight hours she'll be texting me again.
Speaker 8: Really, Ricky, you thought that six days ago. One more chance, Go ahead, Charlotte, I'm sure, Ricky you thought that six days ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, that was the same one, maybe the third time, and I.
Speaker 12: Go, I've got a girl from a week and a half ago. I left on red and I got.
Speaker 1: To get back to her a week and a half ago. He's organized enough to call a restaurant in advance, but he can't even send a text in a week and a half.
Speaker 5: It's called game by keep.
Speaker 3: Up looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it didn't really sound like he was all that phased by being called the liar or whatever he was being called.
Speaker 3: He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the attitude he's been calling anything, it was more just like, yeah, that's too much for me. But he has so many options on the line, so.
Speaker 5: He has the attitude of like, I don't care because I have a bunch of other people. And then when you give the I don't care, why I.
Speaker 4: Was just happy because think of all these nice meals he's.
Speaker 2: Eating, sounds like one still lost her.
Speaker 1: I mean, you think he ever forgets and is like, Wow, somebody's really taking.
Speaker 2: Care of me.
Speaker 5: It is interesting because he did have to be a little dishonest then put on kind of a performance, but it wasn't anything malicious, like it was all to impress her. So could you blame a guy for that?
Speaker 1: But it's always interesting because it's like the guys that do this always have a lot of first dates, maybe second, but not a not a lot after that.
Speaker 5: I don't think you need to do anything else after that. One great date should sustain that relationship for twenty thirty years.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what he's gonna call that girl back. Yes.
Speaker 5: Anyway, if you want to get some help with your love life, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back, and go check out all of our second dates where we get your podcasts at Brook and.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: The hardest part about doing your research on someone before a date is pretending that you didn't just find out everything about them. Yeah, you gotta play it like Oh wait, you grew up where I maybe two sisters? Well, their names aren't Brenda and Kennedy, are they? How did I guess that it could be hard to be chill? And One of our listeners admits he had a difficult time keeping his cool because what he found on his date's instagram was so shocking he literally couldn't think of anything else the entire night, and frankly after he told us neither could we. You're gonna hear it in your second date update.
Speaker 9: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 5: We always talk about how it's normal before a date to stalk their socials looking for red flags. Ah, but what specifically are you looking for that would count as a red flag? I'm not looking for red flags. I willok the best picture so I can show my friends when your wife.
Speaker 4: This is the girl that's okay?
Speaker 5: What would be a bad thing to find? Like if all of their images are extra photoshopped on there.
Speaker 1: Maybe a lot of pictures of cars.
Speaker 5: To ride, horses or walk.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: The anti vehicle brook is coming out on the show. But one of our listeners found a different kind of red flag that I don't think we've ever talked about before on this segment, So let's find out about it. Joel, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: So what red flag did you find on your dates social media?
Speaker 6: Well, so I met this girl named Maria on the app before we met up. I was just like curious, I want to just a little bit of a backgroun check.
Speaker 1: I love how people always try to explain themselves. Everyone doesn't.
Speaker 5: We've literally been talking about it for the last minute, about to do it, but we're.
Speaker 2: Coming to check just in case, in case we give.
Speaker 1: You the ck.
Speaker 5: Yes, I totally support that. But what did you find on Maria's social media?
Speaker 6: I got Maria's inside. I was able to find it really quickly just from her name and city ever, and she was cool and normal, likes to be outdoors and all this stuff, and I was like, this is great, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, So where does the red flag come in?
Speaker 6: Well? I was just curious about who's following her, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're going deep. Yeah, you tried to find what her exes or something in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just wanted to see what the demographic look like.
Speaker 5: The way that you said that makes me really nervous about you.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yes, here's the thing I'm looking at it. It's all whatever normal people find. But then I see a blue check and it's Drake follows her, following her, follows her.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so I just Drake follow a ton of people on Insta because here's some celebrities only following five people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then some celebrities follow everybody. Yeah, make them feel special.
Speaker 5: Drake follows my dog Bagels, So no, he does, he does, thanks Champagne, Poppy.
Speaker 1: I actually believe that Drake seems that lame to me, Joel.
Speaker 5: Do you know how many people Drake follows, like.
Speaker 6: Only like three thout them? Oh, celebrity, that's nothing.
Speaker 1: Maybe she works in the music industry.
Speaker 4: Oh I've heard of people being bottle service for him before.
Speaker 6: And well, okay, here we go. So like, now that's not my mind. Okay, I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Right, You want to ask her about it, right, like, how do you know Drake exactly exactly?
Speaker 5: But at the same time, you don't want to look like a creeper that's gone on to her socials and figure out Yeah, no, I'm not going to eat with it.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna be like, hey, bt W. How do you know Drake? Yeah, so we decide let's do dinner. We're at dinner, we're having a great time, we're talking, let's do dinner in Toronto.
Speaker 1: All you want to talk about is like, so, if you meant a celebrity, what would you say to them?
Speaker 2: What did you want to meet?
Speaker 6: Hold on? You're pretty dark? Close? No, like, hey, what's like your weirdest celebrity running?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: Question?
Speaker 3: Not have you ever had one?
Speaker 2: It's what's your weirdest?
Speaker 5: That's the dozens that you probably met exactly and like Danza.
Speaker 1: Oh god from Who's the Boss?
Speaker 5: If I had hooked up with Drake before, though, that's a great smoke screen to throw him off, throw down Tony Danza and then poof, never see Drake coming? Maybe on Drake is second to dan Maybe.
Speaker 2: Wait so she never brings up Drake?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: I mean I wasn't done. I kept trying. I said like, hey, who's your celebrity? Hallpack? How about that mine? Sydney Sweeney? What do you think? How about you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, reached for the stars.
Speaker 2: So what did she say?
Speaker 6: I don't remember who she said, but it wasn't Drake.
Speaker 1: Well maybe because it's been there, done that. Yeah, you know, not on a hall pass anymore, if it's already happened.
Speaker 6: You know what, I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: What shouldn't you be.
Speaker 1: Like feeling good though, like complimented almost that a person who possibly went out with Drake. I mean, if even that's the connection would choose you.
Speaker 2: I just mentioned him once.
Speaker 5: Anything I can relate. My ex girlfriend had a lot of NFL well like three NFL players following her and I found out after and it doesn't make you feel good. Well, your investigation isn't going the way that you wanted to Clearly, Yeah it's not.
Speaker 6: So I figured, you know what one last time.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going again, dude, you start singing a Drake saw.
Speaker 6: To start rapping.
Speaker 5: Clearly nothing else matters to you about her except what is her contact with Drake?
Speaker 6: Well, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. So you know we're ending the be like, oh, hey, do you like dessert? Maybe instead dessert we could get like champagne, a.
Speaker 1: Champagne popping.
Speaker 6: Okay, stretch, yeah, I got no chill still going to answer that. She was just kind of confused, So we just decided to leave.
Speaker 1: So you never found out.
Speaker 6: I never found out.
Speaker 5: And you didn't get any champagne either.
Speaker 4: No, or find out anything about her life.
Speaker 6: We talked about other stuff. It was just like banging around a couple of matz rellistics trying to get her to say Drake.
Speaker 1: I can't tell if you're more interested in Drake.
Speaker 6: Or yeah, dude. Okay, hey, come on now, don't make me choose.
Speaker 5: I got a no bol Okay, all right, we're gonna come back. We're gonna give her a call and try and see what is her connection to Drake, and then maybe get you another date too. But Drake first with your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 9: On second date update.
Speaker 5: Most people on a first date ask questions like where'd you grow up? What TV shows are you watch?
Speaker 3: Him?
Speaker 5: Where's your bank account at? Not Joel. He was asking who's your best celebrity hookup at? Why was it Drake?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm embelging a little bit, but only because he noticed before the date, while stalking her socials that her Instagram is followed by the rapper?
Speaker 1: Did is she an influencer? Did we even ask that?
Speaker 5: We didn't ask? I feel like he would have said that though, so he wanted to know why. That's why all day long he was hinting at, like who's your weirdest celebrity encounter or what's going on there? Never gotten answer even remotely relating to Drake.
Speaker 1: No, but we did find out a lot about Tony Danza.
Speaker 5: We did that came up a lot. But now Joel's also not getting a call back from Maria And that's the hard part about this one because he needs two things from us. One is a second date, but two is finding out her connection to Drake. And normally we can barely do one thing at a time on this show, let alone too. But I did think of a possibility. I'm just gonna throw it out to the room. What if as we're talking to her about date stuff, I bring up that as a radio show we have to do like a background check on her socials for legality reasons. So we're not calling for like a catfish or something like that, to make sure we have the right person saying you want us to.
Speaker 1: And you want to say, hey, we saw that Drake followed you, and the reason we saw it is because we were doing a background check exactly. Okay, you did not explain that very well, but I'm on board.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, the insult thrown at me wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it. I appreciate you tossing it my way anyway, Joe, what do you think you want to throw an insult at me too?
Speaker 2: It's pretty easy.
Speaker 6: I mean, I want to get these answers, so I'm I'm all for that.
Speaker 2: Don't be awkward about it like you were just now.
Speaker 1: Okay, it will be fine. Just making sure you're not a catfish. And we saw that champagne Poppy follows you.
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 5: My ego is dropping by the second. Let's call before I go into a full mental breakdown.
Speaker 8: Here we go?
Speaker 2: Is that easy?
Speaker 5: Hopefully Maria picks up. Hello, Hey is this Maria? This is Hey. This is a forgot who I was?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: Hi Maria.
Speaker 5: You're on the radio right right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I'm jeff he thinks, why why?
Speaker 5: I don't know. The reason why we're calling you is we're doing this segment called a second Date Update. I don't know if you've ever heard of that before, but it's where we try to help our listeners get in touch with someone after they've gone out on a date and they're not sure why they're not getting a call back.
Speaker 7: That's weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can get that, but it's supposed to be flattering because this guy named Joel reached out to us and told us about going out to dinner with you and said it was an awesome time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, I remember Joel.
Speaker 1: Joel.
Speaker 10: I mean he was all right, nice, good looking, but he seems really nervous the whole time, and not at all like how we talked on the phone. I don't know, he just like rambling a lot.
Speaker 5: It be different nerves on the first date, right, And I think he probably had a lot of that, because by all accounts, you're really good looking. And part of the things that I have to tell you is that whenever we call people on this segment, because it's a dating thing, we always check their social medias just to make sure it's not like a catfish situation. Because you are so gorgeous.
Speaker 10: You checked my social media for catfish reasons?
Speaker 2: Why are you okay?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: He made it sound creepy, as if we were just stalking you because you're beautiful.
Speaker 2: We just want to make sure that you're calling who.
Speaker 5: We said we're going and we don't rate you either, So I'm saying we're not going on here great questions. We just I just I need to ask you something here, Maria. Something that we came across when we were on your socials is that you have I don't know how to say it, following a very famous person following you.
Speaker 10: Why does it matter?
Speaker 2: Well, I think we're just curious.
Speaker 5: We don't. It normally doesn't happen a lot when we check people's socials. We saw Drake is following you. I love it, so clearly you knew that You're laughing. Okay, do you have like a professional relationship with him?
Speaker 10: I mean I met him once. I was a dancer in one of his music videos.
Speaker 2: You're a professional dancer?
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, But I didn't even get to finish the video shoot.
Speaker 5: So I sorry to pry, but I just.
Speaker 2: Mean, like, did they cancel the video shoot?
Speaker 10: Don't really do No, No, they didn't cancel it. So I was working on the moves on the side and I didn't realize how close I was to at the craft service table, and I knocked it over during one of the.
Speaker 2: That's so embarrassing.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 10: I was honestly super mortified.
Speaker 5: Nobody gets between Drake and his bagels.
Speaker 2: So you didn't get fired, did you?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 7: Guy?
Speaker 1: By it?
Speaker 10: I did? They let me go. They said that what they're paying me is actually less than what all that food called.
Speaker 2: And so Drake followed you as a pity follow.
Speaker 10: That's even more Well, Drake has a tendency to like get to know some of the dancers, and he was just being friendly with a big group of us and we were all chatting about our socials and he was like, well, I'll follow you girls right now, follow you, okay.
Speaker 2: Flexes, I got fired from a Drake.
Speaker 5: This clears a lot of stuff up, not just for us, but also so yeah, well I don't know about that. But somebody who's probably relieved to hear that story is Joel, who is on the other line listening to this conversation right now.
Speaker 2: Why why it is a good question.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't matter.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't understand any of this.
Speaker 5: That's how the segment works. We have them listening, Joel, are you there.
Speaker 6: Hey, Marie. I just wanted to know, like, none of it was my idea, but like looking at your socials and stuff like that was all there.
Speaker 10: What I mean, why did you even call them to call me in the first place.
Speaker 6: Well, I was curious why didn't hear from you, you know, because we had like a good connection. We talked about stuff. I think I brought up that I also write music.
Speaker 10: I don't know, yeah, but I mean it wasn't that crazy good, Like we talked a little bit, but it just really seemed like you had really no interest in hearing my side of things. You just kind of kept asking me questions over and over and over and over. So I just kind of thought that you were nervous, and I don't know, man, it was just kind of weird a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm nervous or not. I know, like, yeah, you're this like pro dancer with like celebrity friends and stuff. I mean, like do you still like, I mean, I don't know, do you like talk to Drake at all?
Speaker 2: If you're still asking this.
Speaker 6: I'm just wondering, like what if we have a date and you can come over and like hear my stuff.
Speaker 1: Like No, so you just wanted to go on a day with her because you saw that Drake followed her and you thought it was going to be amazing.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no, that's not it at all. No, it's like, I mean, I like her as a person.
Speaker 2: You didn't even know what she did for a living. Yeah, what did you ask for on the date?
Speaker 6: Well? Now I know, like we're both artists, we're both like trying to get somewhere, and like, I don't know, like maybe we can help each other out or something, you know.
Speaker 9: What I mean.
Speaker 10: So I don't I'm a dancer. I have nothing to do with the music. I learn choreography.
Speaker 6: Maybe like just yeah, I don't know, like you dropped them to people and.
Speaker 5: Say like hey this.
Speaker 3: What No.
Speaker 10: The one time I reached out to Drake, he responded with how do I know you? And then I told him and he laughed at me.
Speaker 6: Oh, at least you reply, Well, I mean like okay, well we're right there. You talk to him, And he replied, so like you clearly have like a connection. Maybe we can like drop him a DM and we can be like, hey, listen to this track or.
Speaker 5: Like that's kind of romantic.
Speaker 10: Though that's more awkward than me knocking over the food table.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, Joel, this is kind of shameless the way that you're trying to like get a hook up and use her connections to your own benefits. Yeah, exactly. Like do you think Maria that Drake would like my weekly song of the week? Do you think that's something you can ask him now? Because I have parodied his songs a few times?
Speaker 3: Do like?
Speaker 6: Cool it? Because she's going to talk to Drake about me and not about you.
Speaker 10: It's kind of talk to Drake at all.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not talking slide in his DMS whatever you want to call the right verbiage is.
Speaker 10: But I don't understand why I'm still on the phone, honestly.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess the other thing that I need to ask you is would you like to go out on another date? Joel? Because we would happily pay for it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you guys were up to over there, but you totally blew this for me.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I mean, is it crazy for me to think that Drake is going to reach out to me?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: After this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, that is totally.
Speaker 1: That's actually the most insane thing you've said, maybe all year.
Speaker 5: Yet even listen to the radio when he's on the radio. I gave a pretty good case, a lot better than Joel's case for why Drake should be sliding into my dting.
Speaker 1: Over Drake, he doesn't know who you are, because Drake is totally going to take the dancer who fell into the Craft Services tables recommendations on who he should be producing.
Speaker 5: Well he should because obviously Joel was just in it for the celebrity of it all. But me, I'm an upstanding guy, are you? I always do the right thing and I say the right thing every time you look at the track record. Play the tame no, actually don't play it, don't. But I really hope that Drake doesn't hear this and slide into my d MS at its young Jeffrey on instant those spaces, it's young Jeffrey, you know j E F F r U Y.
Speaker 1: I could actually see a reverse psychology working really well on on Drake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely don't listen to this and don't have your life change for the better after contacting friend. But your life could change for the better even if you're not Drake by reaching out to the show, because we'll call that person who wasn't calling you back. Yeah, and go check out all of our second Date podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey