Speaker 1: Mom transmitting there.
Speaker 2: This guy, Hey, welcome to Thursday Show Morning Studio.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 4: I was reading this story this morning about this guy who woke up from a coma a few years ago and he thinks, well, he thought it was nineteen eighty because that's when he was involved in an accident.
Speaker 5: It erased forty years of his memory.
Speaker 4: So now he has a kid, an adult kid, and his girlfriend then is his wife. Now that's wild to not you wake up and you're just old. It's just like you went to sleep. That's like you would go to sleep tonight and you wake up and it's forty years later.
Speaker 2: Who's that rip?
Speaker 5: Van Winkle as one hundred years and that wasn't true. That's terrible, Like this is true.
Speaker 4: Over the past few years, doctor's psychologist has been helping him pieces life back together and adjust to the present. Despite his struggles, the hit and run driver responsible for his condition was never found, leaving him without justice or compensation from the sun forty years. I was thinking about what are the biggest things that have happened in the last forty years, Like what let's say I woke up in the same situation and you only got to tell me three things that happened in the last forty years.
Speaker 5: Easy, but you only get three.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah?
Speaker 5: I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You guys act like it's so easul one for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah for nine to eleven.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now where I thought you would go. I wouldn't go on there. I thought you would go nineteen ninety four Arkansas Basketball Championship.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was next. I had that next on my list.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's nothing that you did. It's some stuff that happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like you couldn't have done anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was on a coma bro win dancing with the start Bro. I'm Bob van Winkle.
Speaker 5: I didn't win.
Speaker 4: I did nothing, guy, Easy, I didn't think. I thought whenever lunchpot dealt to ease, that would be where you would go. But wrong, nine to eleven, big second one, Amy, What would you tell me and me when we give you one, you can take it?
Speaker 5: Go ahead? R J and Kim Cave launched Kim k to start them of the tape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I couldnt do that.
Speaker 5: You're not offending me. I just wonder what you would tell me. I mean, that's huge. Lunchbox goes with the tape. Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky. Who's Bill Clinton.
Speaker 3: He's a former president and uh, he was in office and he had an intern and let's just say things got freaky.
Speaker 1: You're role playing right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just woke up. Well I don't know what's happened. Yeah, and she saved the driver. Both of years dirty, right.
Speaker 4: Like if the things. I'm waiting a little bit of forty. I got some dirty stuff to tell you.
Speaker 2: I got one going to freak you out. You remember Bill Cosby, Uh.
Speaker 5: Joe, I remember he's hilarious. He's like read this, Oh my god, Doctor Huxtable. Yeah yeah, man, crazy man. Well you guys are all rolling naked, well.
Speaker 1: Roll, but it's a world event.
Speaker 6: I mean, Morgan, I would have gone the pandemic just now. I mean yeah, we have four years of like a pandemic.
Speaker 2: We all wore masks. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was like a whole whole movie scene.
Speaker 4: Well that would be one like you're lucky you missed this, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You actually are? Were you?
Speaker 4: And O? J? Simpson van uh at Usc? Like he was a great running back at USC. I really you know the wreck happened when he was playing for the Bills. I don't really remember.
Speaker 1: While I'm yeah, well, it's pretty tragic. He uh allegedly but in a civil case was found guilty.
Speaker 5: He's dead though, Oh that's true. I don't know that he died. Yeah, he died like last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he uh killed his wife girlfriend whatever?
Speaker 4: Wow, But okay, how about I ma, justic woke up. Haven't seen any God music in a long time. I cannot wait to go watch the Beatles.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Beatles. There they broke up.
Speaker 5: They broke up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and three two of them are dead. You knew that that was? That was before you went to sleep.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: John Lennon died nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Oh dang, yeah, you got shot to remind you know?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: You know who's really famous? This girl named Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: Oh no, she's super famous.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't know her.
Speaker 6: Also, a big kiss happened at the MTV Movie Awards.
Speaker 1: Madonna and Britney Spears kissed each other.
Speaker 5: What they do moment? All they're musicians and they're both hotties at that point, got big artists?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Hey, I like where your head's at now, girl, here you go.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel I feel pretty caught up.
Speaker 4: I just feel like I want to go watch some TV or something I wish I was thinking before I had this right that like put music on TV? Did that ever happen? Like videos and stuff? Yeah, yeah, TV, I'll put it all music videos. They don't know anyone, They don't do it anymore.
Speaker 5: Reality TV.
Speaker 1: Reality TV is a big thing, so like people will even like go on TV. Uh like what Like a guy will go on TV and meet twenty five women and then he'll end up proposing to one of them.
Speaker 2: That's true, not just young guy, even old guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, golden and some people will get married without seeing each other ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or there's seven strangers that live in the house and they you guys are frying my brain.
Speaker 5: I just need to go listen to some normal music by a normal.
Speaker 4: Person who has to be so well adjusted because he was a great kid singer Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna listen to him. No, he's not here anymore. Was like normal though, right like he was. No, No, there was a there was a rapper that one of the biggest of all time.
Speaker 1: And then I can't listen to read this.
Speaker 2: And I understand you want to listen to music, but you're gonna need this phone?
Speaker 5: What the heck?
Speaker 2: How we listen to music?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, what is that?
Speaker 4: Looks like a little computer that's called the kniphone And I can just hit it and play a song.
Speaker 2: You can do whatever you want on it. I'm gonna listen to this.
Speaker 4: I like this song I heard Space Jam is gonna listen to R Kelly?
Speaker 5: Oh god, hey do that read about?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? Yeah, that was the Ones in a Generation song. But I can't play anymore.
Speaker 2: I was gonna do I believe like a fly.
Speaker 5: I can't listen to that one.
Speaker 1: I like wearing Abercrombie because.
Speaker 2: I don't wear that.
Speaker 1: I can't wear that like as of yesterday.
Speaker 5: What a fun little bit we just did.
Speaker 4: Yeah? How about that guy that we lost forty years of memories? Like they had to do that with him. I wonder if his family did the same events you guys did to me?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 5: Ye tell you your name?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The question?
Speaker 4: Well, hello, Bobby Bones. My girlfriend and I've been dating for twelve years. We started dating back in high school, and finally I popped the question, but to my surprise, she said no. She admitted that she'd given up hope that it would happen two years ago. She also said she doesn't want to break up, but at this point she doesn't want to get married. I'm wondering what I should do, signed boyfriends sitting on the pot. Boy, twelve years is a long time. Let's just imagine high school's ninth grade though, right, Let's give them the absolute benefit of the doubt and go. But ninth grade for some is high school. For me, it was high school because that's the first year you play in high schooloball team. They were freshmen, yes, so four years there, then eight after. Let's they have the four years of call. Let's say they went to college. It's four years, and then it's four years out of college. Man, that's still a long time to wait. Even if we're going the young youngest. Ye, that's still a long time to wait. I wonder why he decided to.
Speaker 2: Do it then, though. Okay, but they got she finally asked, and then she said, no, I hear you.
Speaker 5: I'm not there.
Speaker 4: I wonder why I started to do it then, because if she's not pressuring him and it's been twelve years, there had to be some sort of pressure coming from someone, because that's just not a realization you wake up and have one day we've been together eleven Oh, I think it's time. That is a hooper, get off the pot, time limit type thing, because that's forever.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, maybe it's get through high school, get through college, start a career. Maybe you have a time like you know that could equal twelve years.
Speaker 4: But I don't think that. It's like having a kid. They're like, you're never actually ready. There's never a real time. I feel like if you waited that long, you aren't even thinking about it. So something must have happened to make him propose to her that she now is like, I'm good if this is why you're proposing. I don't think we need to get married because why be with him? Then I think it has to be the reason for the proposal. Hidden in this mess is there's some reason he finally decided to propose after twelve years, which is way too long. Which you don't just wait twelve years and then go wake up one day. I think it's time because it was time a long time ago. I don't think there's ever like a day where you're like, I've made it. In my career, no one ever feels I don't I don't feel like I'm made it in my career.
Speaker 1: I just like, at least like make a paycheck.
Speaker 5: Why did you propose? Buddy?
Speaker 4: That's why I want to know, because it's not a random after twelve years, you don't just randomly your pose.
Speaker 1: Did he have a near death experience and maybe he just realized what he wanted in life?
Speaker 5: Twelve years is is well, we all grew. Twelve years is the way way?
Speaker 2: Way too long?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's long. It's a long time.
Speaker 4: And the only way you propose after twelve years is being told Pooper, get off the pot, Ray got it, Eddie got it.
Speaker 5: And they weren't even twelve years.
Speaker 4: We were also doing the absolute worst case scenario of ninth grade.
Speaker 5: It also could have been twelfth grade. You're right, so there is he was getting his doctorate.
Speaker 4: There's no way possible something happened in this proposal or why you proposed and made her say no. Because she obviously loves you and wants to be with you. That's what you got to go figure out. You got to unstring that, otherwise she wouldn't want to be with you anymore. If she wants to stay together, that means eventually she wants to marry you, but something happened in the journey to this proposal. That's up to you to go figure out. Boyfriend sitting on the pot. I don't like that he sign your name was still weird, she said, no, it's not.
Speaker 2: Whenever.
Speaker 4: The reason I feel is something about the proposal. If like her dad forced him, I'd be like, no, I don't want to because you're only doing this because you were forced.
Speaker 5: To do it.
Speaker 4: What you're saying, it's you, buddy, it's not her, it's you. You're the problem.
Speaker 5: It's you.
Speaker 2: It's you.
Speaker 4: Need to figure it out, because if it was something bad, she wouldn't want to be with you anymore. Has diagnosed that I should charge for that one, like you read Deep? How to go deep?
Speaker 5: In that one? I'll end voice you sitting on the pot. That's a gross name. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you?
Speaker 5: Close it up? All right? Have you with the voicemail?
Speaker 7: Hi, y'all, So I've just catched up on the podcast and was listening to you talking about how Jimmy Carter sentin his vote for the election already, and a coworker and I were discussing that if he did happen to pass away in the next couple of weeks before the election, does his vote count? And we didn't really have that conclusion for that thought, so just wanted to see what you guys have.
Speaker 5: To think about that.
Speaker 4: The answer is yes, if you vote, if you early vote, that counts as a vote if you're alive. The question that I had was, Amy, are we sure Jimmy Carter's alive?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it is not.
Speaker 4: It is not a pleasant looking thing. But yes, if you vote, it counts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you could vote and then unfortunately get in a car accident.
Speaker 5: On the way home on actual voting.
Speaker 1: Day and that would count.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta get going.
Speaker 1: Would collect voting is hard enough?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Next one? Not go ahead?
Speaker 5: Hey, Bobby and crew. I've been watching you guys since who was in ninth grade? Listen to you guys, because I was in ninth grade.
Speaker 8: You guys did a really good job.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the funny and how open you guys up with your lives. I'll listen to you guys and father tend every day.
Speaker 5: Keep it up.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, uh super kind that you would leave that voicemail and we hope that you feel like we're your friends every morning. Also, it was a fine line because that could have gone one or two ways awesome like it did, or when someone just calls it goes I've been watching you guys forever.
Speaker 5: It's like where, how excuse me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh no, thank you.
Speaker 4: We really appreciate that, and you guys can always leave us a voicemail eight seven, seven seventy seven Bobby.
Speaker 5: Pile of Stories.
Speaker 1: So some women have a new reason why they refuse to split the bill on a date.
Speaker 5: They're cheap. No, no, I give you women or men. I just thought that'd be no.
Speaker 1: They're like, look, do you know how much women have to spend to get ready to go out on the date with the guy, And if you add up everything, you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to.
Speaker 4: By the way, ladies, we don't If a guy doesn't accept you for who you are, you don't have to get ready.
Speaker 5: Stop. So we just got to do whatever you want. You can't use that as an excuse because we're not making you do that.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not women, Oh definite represent all women. So no, I actually thought that it was crazy that someone is using this as an excuse not to pay. But other women are chiming in and they're like, yeah, it's expensive to go out on a date, like for them to get ready, like hair make up.
Speaker 4: There was a pre arranged agreement that you will look a certain way and it's up to my specifications, meaning the man. Then I could understand some sort of agreement, like that's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Though we don't have to spend as sort amount of mind, do you really go get your hair done for a date?
Speaker 1: I don't, and I'm as woman as a good They may or like, but that's up to them shaving, pleasing, plunk, clock, all the things.
Speaker 4: So none of us think this is a good idea. By the way, we're minding a cluns ourself, and none of us think this is a good idea. We all think it's downe okay.
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Standing desks now may be bad for our health, So sitting is bad. Standing is bad. It's like I can't keep up. But a new study says that over long term standing doesn't improve cardiovascular health compared to sitting. You may have issues with varicose veins and blood clots if you stand too long, So just find the perfect ratio of sitting to standing, and I guess every hour, get up and at least walk around for sixty seconds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think moderation is the key to everything. Yes, I think there's also a guy you got to hold his arm over his head.
Speaker 5: Seen that guy?
Speaker 2: Tik tok.
Speaker 5: No, he's hold up for like twenty years, Like he can't do anything for a long time, is my point.
Speaker 1: Oh so what happened to him?
Speaker 4: Look at his arm. His arm is like it's melted away, and he's doing it for like religious reasons. He's like showing that it's you guys have not seen this guy in India. He's a real guy who's held Yes, he's held his arm over his head for real for almost fifty years.
Speaker 1: He never lowered it never.
Speaker 4: I don't believe you can look at his arm and see his body is as normally shaped, but his arm is just a bone basically, But he's done it for religious reasons. No rest zero, It's like standing. My point is it's the same thing as the standing desk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same deal.
Speaker 4: If you stand up forever, this happens to you, right, But yeah, no, I can't believe you don't. You have never seen this guy in anything.
Speaker 1: How did you come across.
Speaker 5: His shoulder looks.
Speaker 2: So I just think somebody doing this would be like viral on the news like everybody it has that all the time it has been on this I've never I've never seen this.
Speaker 1: It can't be that viral if none of us have heard of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, the only thing I would press back on is it is you guys. That's a great point.
Speaker 1: That's true. Boo baskets are now a thing, and as.
Speaker 4: Boob baskets interesting boo, I like those baskets, not boob got it like boo basket got it?
Speaker 1: Other now a thing, and as a parent, I would like to make this like not a thing because it's going to gain popularity. But it's the latest trend for Halloween, and it's similar to an Easter basket. People are filling it up with Halloween themed gifts and goodies and then parents deliver them to their kids. That are the guys of a playful witch.
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 4: Isn't a boo basket what you get after you go and knock on doors and say t your treat? Yeah, everything in your basket, that's your boo basket right right right?
Speaker 1: You and you have to do the work work around and go to the neighborhood get it. But yes, no, I see it on Instagram and just different moms. They make it look so cute and perfect.
Speaker 4: And then you think it's just mom showing off more on Instagram and TikTok than it is actually happening in real society.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it just makes you feel That's what I'm saying. So then you we have to remind ourselves as moms. It's like, that's not actually reality.
Speaker 5: And we don't have to do it now. I know a lot of guys that would like a boob ask it. Yeah, sure, okay, I'm Amy.
Speaker 1: That's my file.
Speaker 5: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 1: How much Box.
Speaker 3: Some passengers are enjoying their ride on the bus in Colorado Springs, just hanging out, when all of a sudden, the bus driver AH falls out of his seat. What was that impression, Ah like grabbing his heart. Oh sounds like a cramp. I didn't know what happened. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he had a little context to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Falls out of the seat and they're still driving down the road. So two passengers jump up take control of the steering wheel, get on the radio. Oh we got a medical mercy here. Bus drivers having a seizure. Bus drivers having a seizure. They pulled the bus aside the road paramedics arrived.
Speaker 2: Wow, I get that.
Speaker 4: Busting and crash into something. Yeah, like that's quick thinking. Also, it's brave to grab a bus driver's steering whee, Like you really don't know.
Speaker 5: That's a big thing.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: It's also like if somebody has smoke coming out of their house, like kicking the door in, Like that's a commitment, Like either you're gonna be a hero or that's gonna be a bad story.
Speaker 5: For a while. Like you either broke in or somebody. Also, I'd rather be the.
Speaker 3: Guy on the Oh we got bus driver having a seizure here, let someone else steer.
Speaker 5: I'll do the call into the metro. Both get the credit.
Speaker 4: It's a commitment thought of grab the steering wheel of the bus driver. It is because he'd be like, what are you doing? Like he's actually fine. Yeah, good story. They save lives. That's awesome. That is what it's all about. That was telling me something good.
Speaker 5: Let's play.
Speaker 4: Is it still cool? I'll give you an item. You tell me if it's still cool. I mean, we're not sitting any cool rules. We're not the coolest group of people. We're pretty cool. Yeah, if anybody says that, not that okay? Is it still cool?
Speaker 5: Oh? You know what I thought about it?
Speaker 4: I was watching a clip of Justin Timberlake and he was being interviewed as an old clip about it when him and Pharrell and Farrel played him to beat to Sexy Back, and it was like, and he goes, and I was just like, I'm bringing sexy back and then Frog goes, Yeah, he goes, and then we had the song.
Speaker 2: I was like, Justin Teberlake's still cool borderline.
Speaker 3: I mean I thought he was out, but if you look at social media, all the chicks are still going to his concert.
Speaker 5: They are. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm not as into him as I used to be.
Speaker 5: Is Justin temper Lake still cool? Morgan?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I don't know that he is.
Speaker 6: I mean I used to have posters of that man, and now I couldn't tell you like anything about him.
Speaker 5: If you saw Hi, would you freak out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think he's still a less He's still famous. Yeah, of course, maybe not cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that I would go.
Speaker 4: To his concert now it hit That clip was a little cringey. Really, yeah, but that's how it all was then fifteen years ago. And yeah, he was very confident and he was just like and I was like, I'm bringing sick and I was like, and I every think is he's still cool. People still feel like he's cool. Okay, how about this, he's still cool or not? Instagram? Yes, yes, Morgan, Yeah, yeah, man, it's not the it's not the coolest anymore, but it's still still rock. Still use it like they use it.
Speaker 1: So I'd say it's number two of the social media's.
Speaker 2: What's one?
Speaker 1: Oh it's Eddie.
Speaker 4: Where Instagram is to us, it's gonna's Facebook to like the generation above us because they're like, no, Facebook's so cool.
Speaker 5: We're like, it's not.
Speaker 2: But they still use Snapchat right like people still use that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, kids.
Speaker 5: Snapchat is now young young again, So that's cool.
Speaker 4: It had a moment where it was like cool with us and then it went away, but now it's super cool young again. Okay, so we're going Instagram so cool. Okay, how about a single ear ring on dudes?
Speaker 2: No, definitely not.
Speaker 1: Well, that's making a comeback.
Speaker 4: I've been seeing it make a comeback, and that's why I asked, like, like, young guys on TikTok are wearing the single ear ring left ear again, because back in the day it was like stupid. It was like, if you have one in your right ear, it means you're gay, and you're like, what does.
Speaker 2: That have to do with it?
Speaker 5: No, it was never a thing, but it was like something stupid. People would say, let me google is it cool? So this is why we ask Morgan and not us. She's ten years younger than us.
Speaker 1: Morgan, Yeah, it's cool again, it is.
Speaker 2: Do I remember in fifth grade this kid had an ear ring in his left ear and we're like, that's the coolest thing ever. It's great, fifth great, John Henry. That wasn't weird.
Speaker 4: How we just decided one ear was like okay and one was like why can't you just use either ear?
Speaker 3: I mean I remember doing the sisher grade, sitting there in class and pierces own ear Like why we're sitting.
Speaker 4: That's pretty ballor I was as a kid that's pretty ballor wow. But okay, so a single ear ring on dude is back to being cool again. According to Morgan, yep, okay, next up. Flat brimmed hats. No, those aren't gone way man, Not to.
Speaker 2: Say you don't still wear them sometimes, because like you still have the hat. Not cool though, Morgan, Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're not cool.
Speaker 6: I don't think i've seen anybody wearing hats. They'll wear hats, but they'll be curved. I don't think i've seen any flat in recent times.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's someone in our office that does, and I want to tell them, Hey, man, it's timed up.
Speaker 2: But you telling.
Speaker 4: Anybody anything about being cool. But you're the least trendy person.
Speaker 3: In the room, respectfully obviously, but I feel like he needs to know that he's wearing flat rooms and flat rooms are like three years ago.
Speaker 2: I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Flatbers like ten years ago, not three. I have some flatters, but my glasses are so thick. There are only certain hats I can wear as bind them a little bit. Glasses, hit hats, shorts, Jeane shorts.
Speaker 5: They're making it come back.
Speaker 2: They're making a comeback.
Speaker 5: I feel like they've gone in and out a few times in the past five years. Not my thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm popular opinion. I don't know if they'll ever actually be cool, But they do keep coming in and out.
Speaker 5: Morgan, I'm going you on this one.
Speaker 2: Nike ooh, I mean it's always happened again.
Speaker 5: You guys are old.
Speaker 1: I thought Nike just doesn't have to be acceptable.
Speaker 5: Acceptable is different than cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is always, but it's definitely not the popular one. I think Adidas has over It used to be the coolest.
Speaker 5: What is she talking.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding the shoes. There's really famous Adidas shoes that people are wearing.
Speaker 4: I would say even New Balance are cool or the Nike now really even like the Jordan's And I'm not saying Nike's not. There aren't certain versions of them that are still cool. But I'm saying as a brand, Nike used to be the number one coolest brand period. But now I think there are trendier brands like New Balance. I think New Balance generally are trendier than Nike. Now, nobody wore New Balances like twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: They did. They've come in middle aged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they only got trendy for the first time like two or three years ago, when they got expensive middle.
Speaker 5: Aged guys with white socks up to their calves. That's what you call the New Balance.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw Willie Nelson live when I was in high school and he was wearing new balances or the pedic the basically yeah, no, now they're cool.
Speaker 4: I went, I was uh doing some stuff with Arkansas basketball and I was run and I have like ankle problems, and the trainer there said, hey, you know you should wear you should wear those shoes. I forget what they're called. You oh you go boss SaaS. They're like they're like they have the big brand name on the side of them, Hoka. And I was like, man, those things are goofy goes. Yeah, but they are the best use for if you're like running, They're like they're the goofy They're basically the best orthopedic running shoe you can wear.
Speaker 2: Not cool, but so many people have them.
Speaker 5: Are they cool?
Speaker 1: They're cool on the running community for sure.
Speaker 5: They just look so goofy, right, but I don't think.
Speaker 6: With athletic people now goofy really matters.
Speaker 4: They'd rather be comfortable and we they've changed my life, like wearing them, playing pickleball, running sprints, like they've helped me so much. And that was a trainer that said that, and he wasn't like, hey, if you want to be cool. He was like, hey, if you want to save your ankles and your tendons and your legs, yeah, so I would say mostly cool.
Speaker 5: It's funny, how like Lunchbox is fighting for what's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you normally don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't care.
Speaker 5: But I know.
Speaker 4: Haters hate. Okay, you guys don't think I'm cool, so obviously you don't know. I give you the nickname for a celebrity. Name the celebrity first one's pretty easy, Queen Bay.
Speaker 5: Oh, I got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 5: For the wind lunch.
Speaker 4: Beyonce, Beyonce, King James, Oh, I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm then, I'm in for the not the Bible. It's not a version of the Bible. Amy Lebron, Lunchbox Lebron, Eddie Lebron good, tricky Dick. Mm hmm, tricky Dick, tricky Dick. I'm in.
Speaker 2: Why don't we go too hard too early?
Speaker 5: Nope? I see what you did.
Speaker 2: Pretty easy, man.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Come on, Eddie, feel for anybody that has that name.
Speaker 5: Amy Dick Cheney. Mmm, that's not right, and you've been eliminated, just like Lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Richard Nixon, correct, Eddie, Richard Nixon good job because he was tricky.
Speaker 5: I just had to get to I had to what they call Richard is the piano man. I'm in if Lunchbox can get this one. I think he's strong for the next few.
Speaker 2: I heard his sighs.
Speaker 5: I don't know the piano man, Lunchbox. Do you know who that is? I got someone, now go ahead. It's between two people. What are the two? Elton John or Billy Joel. It's one of those two. I know.
Speaker 2: Who do you have?
Speaker 5: I put Billy Joel, Eddie?
Speaker 4: What do you have?
Speaker 2: I too, put Billy Joel. Are you worried?
Speaker 5: No, you're right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh no? So what are you saying?
Speaker 2: The next three are kind of easy?
Speaker 4: No, I just think he'll do okay, the next one for sure? How about prime time?
Speaker 9: I remember the wind hold on, I'm in lunchbox sans correct scar Joe?
Speaker 5: What oh celebrity nicknames? Scar Joe? Why Scarjoe?
Speaker 8: Oh no, he's stressing scar Joe. I am surprised heard Let me I never heard it. I know who it is, Scarborough. Think Scarjoe?
Speaker 5: Scar Joe? Fifteen seconds on the clock. All right, I never heard it before. I'm in. It's his context clues. Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 4: What do you have? Hatty is on the right track. I don't know Hatty Scarlett Johansson.
Speaker 2: Eddie scar Joe is Scarlett Johansson.
Speaker 5: I guess I've never heard it's on my last Okay, here we go the Duke.
Speaker 2: Oh he's done.
Speaker 5: You know they can get it. Nope, no chance, dang Edi, Eddi's going to Hollywood Hogan. Now he's turning the hill again.
Speaker 2: When he starting he doesn't have it?
Speaker 5: How much we betting?
Speaker 2: It looks like he does.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox John Wayne Correct. Wow, I'm shocked, Eddie the John Wayne Correct. I have no idea how I got that. Just what he said.
Speaker 4: It just something popped in my head. That's god man, the father of our country. Oh, celebrity nickname, the father of our country.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 5: It's a hotty. I'm on the right track, all right. I'm in for the lushbox.
Speaker 4: George Washington, Eddie g w George, big Papa, first one that miss loses, I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm in for the win, lushbox.
Speaker 2: Biggie Smalls, Eddie, I like it when you call me big Papa Biggie Smalls Correct.
Speaker 4: I would accept it. Notorious Big Biggie Smalls or Chris Wallace. Oh, if you had to go on Chris Wallace, that's next level.
Speaker 5: Christopher Wallace is your name? I know I'm saying that's next level.
Speaker 4: Posh Spice giving you the nickname of a celebrity, I need to know their name.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm in for the win.
Speaker 4: You two rocking it Lunchbox, Victoria Beckham, Eddie Victoria Beckham, did yoah, thank you?
Speaker 5: The Beckham documentary on Netflix check it out?
Speaker 2: Or just pop culture girls.
Speaker 5: I don't know which one's which.
Speaker 2: The Sultan of Swat, the Sultan of Swat.
Speaker 5: I'm in for the win. Lunchbox showed him Asio kidding me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are you?
Speaker 5: I cannot believe that just happened. What a shocking loss that was ed.
Speaker 2: That's babe, Ruth.
Speaker 5: Wow. I think Amy even from Sandlot probably right. Cocky? Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Babe Ruth, you didn't.
Speaker 5: Shocked and Lunchbox did not know that?
Speaker 2: Wow, goes Lunchy. Wow.
Speaker 5: What do you have to say for yourself? I got cocky in this right when you said I back?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 1: He just route it down.
Speaker 4: Didn't even think winner our winner. The guy who wins he does. He wins all the games.
Speaker 2: All I do is win.
Speaker 4: Like, if you win three more in a row, you get to take ownership of that song. If you not yet, yeah, but if you went three more in a row, it's.
Speaker 5: Up for grads. Yeah yeah, that's not accurate.
Speaker 2: It's up for grad Wow, you can't take my song from me.
Speaker 4: Three more wins in a row and the group will will consider it because all you do. That's Eddie, Congratulations.
Speaker 5: What was the next one? The Black Mamba? Oh kobb? Next, the Godfather of soul, James Brown.
Speaker 4: I would have known that you wouldn't when okay, good, but still you missed a baseball and then that's I'm very all right.
Speaker 5: The listener asked me, what's the last argument the guys on the show got into with their wives?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Oh good?
Speaker 5: Questions the last one? So I can go with with mine And this is just me being an idiot.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: There was a full blown argument from my wife last night. Was like, hey, are there any packages out of the porch? And I was like, yeah, I think there's three shows us there for us. Theah, they're all for you.
Speaker 2: So how did you know that?
Speaker 4: I'm like, wow, look because you looked to say they were too, and you didn't bring them in. I was like, lame one for me, and she was like, so you looked at the packages, saw who they.
Speaker 2: Were too, and then just shut the door and left them on the porch. It's the total guy move.
Speaker 1: That's not just a guy move, but that's a it's a maturity thing because like my that's what my kids do. My kids if they look.
Speaker 5: On the she hops in and just chopping off heads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's annoying. Like my kids will all the way out look at the packages, and my daughter so sheery will be like, oh, it's not for me and just leave it all out there. Why not bring it in?
Speaker 2: Same thing with us. My wife she puts like clothes and shoes at the bottom of the stairs and no one picks them up. I could go a week with all this stuff on the stairs to.
Speaker 5: Take up to your room and no one takes it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was hers.
Speaker 5: What She was like, what if you know who knows?
Speaker 2: I could rain?
Speaker 5: Could you looked at them?
Speaker 4: Then I said, well, I saw them from the window and she was like, you have terrible vision. There is no way you saw And I was like, okay, it's fine. I did not bring them in because they weren't mine. So not an argument, but definitely one that I had to kind of go, I'm wrong for that. But I did bring them in this morning and seet them beside the door on the inside of go. I've learned. I've learned just act like I don't know what's out there. I think that's what I learned from this lunchbox.
Speaker 5: It's easy.
Speaker 3: I was outside and my wife was inside cooking dinner, and I'm outside doing stuff in the yard.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: And thirty minutes goes by whatever hour, and I go in and they're already done eating dinner. And I said, what are you doing? Why didn't you tell me dinner was ready? She goes, oh, I thought you would just come inside and know it's ready. I said, you knew you were cooking dinner. She goes, yeah, I thought you were only going to be out there a minute.
Speaker 5: I said, yeah, but I'm once. I'm not out there for just a minute.
Speaker 3: Don't you think you pop your head out and say, hey, dinner's ready, or send me a text.
Speaker 2: He's getting angry right now.
Speaker 5: I like it, thought it's not at us. So I'm totally sorry.
Speaker 3: Am I crazy? I just do not understand how you know? I'm outside doing stuff in the yard. So hey, dinner's ready.
Speaker 5: You want to eat? So her and the kids sat down and they ate. They were done with dinner by the time I went in. That's weird.
Speaker 4: I don't know the dynamic, but that's weird that she goes as it was put on the table. That then she wouldn't go like, hey, dinner's ready.
Speaker 5: She's you knew I was cooking dinner. Did you know? Yes, but I didn't know when dinner would be ready?
Speaker 1: But did you like take a look and see, like, did you was it like raw chicken or sort of cooked chicken.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna side with Lunchbox on this one.
Speaker 5: If what he's presenting his action, she never said dinner's ready. Never.
Speaker 2: That's strange.
Speaker 5: That's weird even if she didn't.
Speaker 4: When you sit down with the kids and start eating dinner, and yeah, you just go even call hey, oh sorry, I forgot to tell you dinner's ready.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like she just wanted a dinner with her kids.
Speaker 5: Oh that God.
Speaker 4: Had you guys like been into any sort of argument before, and she was annoyed with you.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 5: I want to side with you on this one. So I'm siding with me on the first one. Yeah yeah, Eddie, Okay.
Speaker 2: Mine is dumb. So my wife comes up at me and she says, hey, I need you to pull down the last Instagram post you put. I'm like, what was what was the last Instagram post I put? She's like, it's you holding a banana and two eggs. That's not funny. And I'm like, no, no, no, I I didn't even what are you talking about? Like Morgan took a picture of me and I was holding my breakfast. That's funny, that's it. And she says, no, you weren't. You were being funny. You had a bana and two eggs. I'm like, no, that's my boiled eggs, that's my breakfast. Were you doing it on purpose?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: How did you hold them the middle of a holding belly?
Speaker 2: But I swear, I promise to all you guys, I did not text me the picture. Yeah, I will it. And my wife's like you can't, Like, don't do that. You're a grown man, Like you're an adult, your dad, you have four.
Speaker 1: Kids, so did you take it down?
Speaker 2: I took it down.
Speaker 5: Do you pose it? Be honest, I swear I did not pose it.
Speaker 2: Morgan, did I not grab my breakfast and you shall take a picture?
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking about your phallic Mike was the first one common Mike.
Speaker 5: Do you think he did it on purpose? I thought you did it on purpose, so I commented on it.
Speaker 6: So you're saying to me, I think he was taking a picture with his breakfast on purpose, but not like in that way.
Speaker 1: He just being funny of like holding all of his stuff.
Speaker 4: That's not on purpose because it got we're stupid, and we had done it, we would have death only laid it out better than that. The organization would have been better than that. When I hear banana two eggs, I laughed, I'm twelve.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize I had that in my hand. That's my breakfast, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It feels.
Speaker 3: He puts the bananas perfectly behind the eggs, behind that.
Speaker 1: What are you? How are you?
Speaker 2: What the heck?
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 5: Medical records showing But I'm saying different.
Speaker 4: Eddie, knowing you, I don't think you don't on purpose than you, but knowing he's knowing your wife.
Speaker 5: She probably thought you did not pur first.
Speaker 2: Sure, she thought I did.
Speaker 4: That's funny, and you took it down, yes, to take it down. Oh eggs in a banana, Oh, eggs in banana. All right, that's funny. Thank you for that message.
Speaker 5: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 4: A lot of stories of people going above and beyond to help other people after the hurricanes.
Speaker 5: And this was from Hurricane Helene.
Speaker 4: And again they're so many people on the ground trying to make sure that people get their lives back together. What's crazy is, yeah, it's not in the news anymore. So if you don't live there, you feel like it's over. And it's not like these people are just starting to get their lives back together after the hurricane hit. And even little things like the Asheville Police Department has been recovering hundreds of photographs and so hurricane hits and there are people stuff strowed everywhere, but there's like a couple of specific officers that are out trying to find personal things of people and then return them to the owners, knowing that probably they would not get them back.
Speaker 5: People just on them in the garbage.
Speaker 4: So as they're out doing other rescue efforts or making sure that people are okay. They're gathering all the small things, the photos, the photo albums, personal things and then putting them up on social media and then making sure people get the things that kind of remind them of their home, like that's a big deal. Other detectives, femal workers, volunteers, they're all doing this. And a big shout out to the people in Asheville because again, these police officers have been going out of Ashville to help people as well. So yeah, everybody out there still fighting it, Like, sorry, that happened to you. That sucks, and good luck as you guys rebuild. We haven't forgotten about you. ABC eleven with that story. That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good.
Speaker 5: How many morning Cornys can we get in ninety seconds?
Speaker 2: Team?
Speaker 4: You ready? Right?
Speaker 5: All right, let's go the mourning corny?
Speaker 1: How did Casper break up with his girlfriend her?
Speaker 2: Let's go baby and go Wow?
Speaker 5: Nailed it?
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: Why don't vampires play poker cheating cars?
Speaker 9: Because they poker face? Bloody vampires? Let tell teeth Royal flush two pairs? Uh Garlic Garland said.
Speaker 4: Empire a steak guilds a vampire poke poker, high stakes, high stakes.
Speaker 5: That's so good? Is that it high stakes?
Speaker 1: Because they're afraid of the steaks.
Speaker 2: We'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. Okay. What's a ghost favorite Italian meal?
Speaker 5: Algi?
Speaker 2: A ghost Borghini?
Speaker 5: Boo boo lean.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling there's gonna be no booze because we argued so bo sheet h scarlini.
Speaker 5: What are Italian meals?
Speaker 2: All I know is is all the garden, ravioli, lasagna.
Speaker 1: What's a ghost favorite Italian meal?
Speaker 4: Pizza, salad, salad? You think olive garden? Yeah, that's all I think I know. To spaghetti and fettuccini, Italian parmesan, chicken.
Speaker 2: Spug spa, booty.
Speaker 5: S boo spaghooti spa.
Speaker 2: What's it again?
Speaker 5: Spaghetti?
Speaker 1: What is a ghost favorite Italian meal?
Speaker 5: Getty's pretty good, it's not it. What's a ghost favorite Italian mill?
Speaker 2: Phantoms?
Speaker 5: Boghetti and meatballs?
Speaker 1: I don't hate I don't hate it either. Lobby. You said rattle a gate and I was like, okay, get warm.
Speaker 2: Is the hint?
Speaker 4: Like what bet china, beetticini, alfrey, fetcini, otcini, i'm afreido or something like that.
Speaker 5: That's afraid is what it is.
Speaker 1: Alfredo, Wow, you would have gotten it.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's good.
Speaker 4: You got there, unders saying, look up the state laws before you go trick or treating. For example, the state of Alabama has some odd laws. You cannot dress like a priest in Alabama on Halloween or any other day. According to the Alabama law, you may be arrested or find if you dressed up as a member of the clergy. If you're attending a church on Halloween, Alabama, you cannot wear a mustache or.
Speaker 5: You could be questioned by police. What is that all about? I found some other ones though.
Speaker 4: No trick or treating if you've passed the age of eighth grade in Belleville, Missouri, I'm down there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that makes sense. Arrest them and the parents like kicking their door.
Speaker 4: In the town of Belleville, Missouri, you can't ask for a can't on Halloween if you've passed the eighth grade or the age of an eighth grader. Trick or treating is meant for children only.
Speaker 5: That's stupid. No Halloween celebrations on Sunday.
Speaker 4: In Rehoboth, Delaware, you cannot celebrate Halloween on Halloween Day October thirty first, if it follows if it falls on a Sunday, trick or treating must take place on October thirtieth on these certain years between six and eight pm. If you do celebrate on a Sunday, you can find up one hundred and fifty bucks. Wow, Halloween's not like a real holiday. It should always be on a Friday or Saturday. No, right, Yeah, it should always been on a Friday or Saturday because it's not attached to a day like Christmas or Easter, where that's actually on a day based on the calendar. Halloween's like a made up day, the thirty. It should just be on a Friday or Saturday.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like with Thanksgiving. It's always the fourth Thursday of the month of November. So Halloween should be the final Saturday or month or Friday.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a silly string is prohibited in certain towns, mostly just because of the environment. Yeah, the environmental implications to people still buy silly Yeah, and it's annoying and so you you are for the I don't parent. It's super annoying. You got clean it up.
Speaker 5: So that was about a slime. Slime should be outlawed everywhere is.
Speaker 1: The worst on the kids will just make their own slime.
Speaker 5: My kids don't make any They don't make it. They use it, and it gets on couches, it gets on clothes. Slime is still a thing, you guys, Yes and everything.
Speaker 3: Birthday party and they gave it as like a whatever party gift and it's like, oh great, cool, Now I slim all over my house and then they start putting it on their clothes.
Speaker 5: Doesn't come out.
Speaker 3: Then they're outside playing on the furniture and they put it on the outdoor furniture and guess what doesn't come out of that slime.
Speaker 5: Is the devil. What are you doing for Halloween?
Speaker 1: I guess we're gonna go trigger treating. I mean my son's fourteen, right, I'm like, technically he's Thursday next week, seventh grade Thursday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fine, Ash, it should be a Friday though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, started working on his costume. He's gonna be man in black. It made him a little badge might be yeah, sunglasses, there's a little earpiece, a little black sue, black tie, and then the m I B like put his face on it and everything like the lanyard and I'm taking it to like FedEx and going to laminate it.
Speaker 2: But who else is going to be? Who's going to be as other men in black? Yeah, like you should be the other one.
Speaker 5: You should. You could do one. They could do like halfing.
Speaker 4: I saw got dresses, Whole Coke and Ultimate Warrior and he just turned sides and he was one then he was the other one.
Speaker 5: Any what are you guys doing? Trigger treating man?
Speaker 2: The normal?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: I think we got Spider Man. We have two skeletons. And then I don't know what I want to be. I always want to be something gory, but my wife's like, no, let's not do the whole gory thing. Kids scare the kids, especially my little one. So I don't know really what I like to do. I'd like to stay and be the one passing out candy. Sounds terrible? Why because you did all? Well, that's that's it. That's why we don't.
Speaker 5: Let's watch.
Speaker 3: Just go trigger treating. I mean I have any plans. Just go knock on doors a trigger treat with your kids obviously, Yeah, yeah, with my kids. I mean my kids will do the knocking on the door and that'll be it, and do it for an hour, they'll get tired.
Speaker 4: Do you guys give your kids all the candy the night of Yes, yeah, it's fine, it all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, eat it.
Speaker 1: Yeah they don't. They don't. My kids are good about and they're like, okay, they get full real quick.
Speaker 3: Your kids are older though. That's why younger kids they don't know when to stop about school.
Speaker 4: On Friday cares They're not going Okay, I don't know how I'm saying. You want to eat all the candy and stay up late even on a Thursday if it's on a Friday. Yeah, I figure they go to school on Friday. Yeah, they'll still to school.
Speaker 5: We're talking about. You still give them unlimited candy? Yeah on the school night.
Speaker 2: I mean my wife will have to deal with them.
Speaker 5: You still candy? Yeah. Always.
Speaker 1: It's called the parent tax.
Speaker 5: And that is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 2: The end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 5: Podcast the first time on the podcast.
Speaker 4: You can go a podcast too, or you can wait till podcast to come out.