Speaker 1: Hi, guys, Welcome to another episode of Diamonds in the Rough. Hi Erica, Hey Seddy, how you doing?
Speaker 2: You know, really good? But I'll be honest, it's is.
Speaker 3: I have on glasses, not because I'm trying to be cool, but because my eyes are swollen just from allergies.
Speaker 2: So that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, my eyes are swollen from crying. So you're one up on me.
Speaker 2: What are you crying about?
Speaker 3: Him?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just I feel like, I mean, I'm sure you know this too, but like when you're going through divorce or there's grief or whatever, like some weeks you really feel like on top of the world, and some weeks you're just so freaking low.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's going to be that way for a while. And I think the most important things I learned in therapy was that grief, let's just call it that, is not linear.
Speaker 2: Because I kept asking when is this over? When is this over? And the answer is it's not.
Speaker 3: And it also comes in ways, so you will feel confident and then you'll feel very unsure and and so that's kind of the process. And I remember having to accept that and I did not like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like it because I mean, I think we're similar in the way that we like to be able to control our surroundings or our feelings or and when you're feeling a little out of control, it feels scary, Like for me, you know, I did I'm sure you've probably done their podcast before, but I did the Skinny Confidential where they kind of like dug into like the highs and lows of my life, and they are amazing, Like they it's not a podcast where you feel like you're about to get trapped into saying something you regret. But like you know, I'm the type where once I do something thing that I kind of block out that I've done it, apparently as a big podcast because like everyone and their mother sending messages their opinions, and it just kind of like, you know, I know that we say we don't give any fucks, but sometimes it's hard.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you do give fucks. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: There are times when you care, are times when you don't, times that you feel strong, times that you feel vulnerable. And I think anybody listening or watching this knows that, look, we you and I have made a conscious choice as adults to put our lives out there that having been set as brave and as fearless as we think we are, sometimes we are and that's just part of being human. You're going through a tough time. You and I are here having this conversation, and it's okay to be human, you know, and that goes for anybody that's listening or watching.
Speaker 2: It's just some days you feel good, some days you don't.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, and so that's kind of but you should be feeling good of the fact that you run on ROXY.
Speaker 2: And I got extended.
Speaker 1: So when are you extended to?
Speaker 2: It's just two extra weeks, so that's.
Speaker 1: A lot, though. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: This show schedule, it's great. It's great to be on stage. I was thinking, you know, we have.
Speaker 3: A five show weekend, so you have one on Friday to it on Saturday, two on Sunday. So hence why my eyes are small enough. And then after this I'm going to go to the theater and do it all again. So but you know, it's really great to be asked back. Feels good. Anytime I can be on stage, I'm always happy. And so look, I think everybody you should cut everybody a break when you're going through the toughest time of your life on one of these shows. And it's super easy to stand in judgment and say, well I this and I would have done that, But you don't know until you've gone through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what, you not only are you the voice of reason on this pod, you're the voice of reason this season, which everybody's been like and I know we're not going to talk about Beverly Hills, but you have been a voice of reason and a really good friend. And I think that goes to show like, no matter what the highs and lows that everybody's kind of gone through in this world of reality television, like you're a good friend and you're a good teachment and that's that's that goes for a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, look, it's just not that deep. These shows are not that deep.
Speaker 3: I mean I think that you know, people expect, you know, what are the limits on reality TV?
Speaker 2: Like should you show your entire life? The answer is you can't.
Speaker 3: No one shows their entire person to anyone their entire lifetime. I mean, we talk about it on this pod frequently that people are consistently revealing themselves no matter how many years we've known, so for people to look at entertainment, which is what these shows are, even what this podcast is, and to think that someone's one hundred percent going to reveal their you know, full human selves is unrealistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a forty five minute edited down version of whatever was filmed.
Speaker 3: Again, it's entertainment. You know, you're watching a show, you're listening to a podcast.
Speaker 1: And because we did recap Orange County together, that is not you know, what Diamonds and the Rough is about. But this has been a big headline because it's a big headline. Okay, so Gretchen Rossi got asked back as a friend. I think it was kind of one of those things that none of the women knew was going to happen until right when it happened. I think last year we saw that Alexis Bellino was brought on as a friend, and clearly she was brought on and it was for a takedown. And also, I'm not going to be the world's best of explaining it because I haven't watched these episodes yet that Gretchen came on, because I do a recap with Tamera of past episodes and we only have gotten through season three, so I don't know exactly, but I do know that season four was the first season that Gretchen Rossi came on. But it was first season that Real Housewives of Orange County really became a real housewives show, like it was on, like it no longer was like everybody's lives filmed separately. It came on and it was dramatic, and they had this big fight in bass Lake. And I think when Gretchen left may have been the season that Gretchen came after Tamra and said that Eddie was gay.
Speaker 3: Oh and this poor man consistently being called gay.
Speaker 1: And also it's I mean, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Tell I'm going to give a good like here's a little tip. Don't be doing that this year. It ain't gonna fly in.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not Gonna'm.
Speaker 2: Tired, and we need to move on as a culture, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and if we're still talking about it this many seasons later, clearly we need something else. But the gist is Gretchen came on her first season with an older husband, but now she is with Slade Smiley, who was also on the first season of Real Housewives of Orange County with this girl named Joe and he was, you know, one of those douche lords, like with the hummer and the you know, it's all a thing, but also you could zip on your just my child.
Speaker 3: Before we waste too much time on these people. We need to waste time on ourselves in our hinge profiles.
Speaker 4: But oh yeah, so any.
Speaker 1: Who, everyone's saying that Gretchen coming on is so that it can be a big fight with Tamera because of what happened in the past, which leads me to the next question. Renna, who I already tease to her face so I can say it in the pod. Renna, who doesn't do podcasts, did a pod where she talked about that she thinks they are going to bring back Lisa vander Pump to Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: I say, no, that's just my opinion, I say now.
Speaker 1: But then in the same breath, I think Renna said something along the lines of like, I don't want to be sixty five years old.
Speaker 2: I don't listen Lisa.
Speaker 3: I was just looking at Lisa, who had an amazing week in Paris fortu and that's how I choose to love my Lisa. And I don't think I disagree. I don't think LVP comes back. I think if she did, it would be kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I think that, you know, hey, who cares.
Speaker 3: You know, nobody wants to be sixty on Housewife show. She's not wrong, yeah, but some are.
Speaker 1: So there you go, there we go, and every everybody is getting more mature by the day. So whether it's her somebody else, somebody is bound to turn sixty sooner or later. Uh. But yeah. And then in the world of Hinge, I gotta tell you, I may have been all pumped on Hinge at first. It's taking a turn. Are you still into Hinge?
Speaker 2: I haven't even gotten on.
Speaker 1: You haven't gotten on yet.
Speaker 3: Because I can't pick the six pictures that are relatable. I don't have relatable pictures city, and I'm not very relatable. I have discussed this with my Chicago friends at the theater and I was like, guys, like, look like you know, I mean, it was a grief And then I went to some of my male friends and I said, what am I going to put up here? And then lie a poor things. She's worn out and she's over me, you know.
Speaker 2: And so I just haven't picked six pictures. Tell me about your downturn with the hinge.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not really the downturn. It's like I'm not really interested on going on a bunch of first dates, right. That is exactly like I barely get to see like my friends that I love and miss because I don't like doing things at night. So, I mean, I did go out with the one person and it was fine, but it was definitely not something I needed to do again, you know, like I was seeing.
Speaker 2: That you guys, hold on.
Speaker 3: I just want to make this clear, meaning that you don't find him interesting or it's just that you don't find the process interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, I I mean it wasn't that I didn't find him interesting. It was more like going on a first date with somebody, it takes a lot. It's like it's like doing a podcast with zero prep.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I this is why I think, if I'm going to speculate why I'd not put myself on online dating, it's because Number one, I think it requires a lot of energy to focus in like really like be present.
Speaker 2: Right for the date. And I think, I mean, it's this person an interesting person or not.
Speaker 1: Leading up to the date, it was pretty good because it's like phone calls and you're like having those like that's all kind of fun. And it's like you're having the phone calls when you probably wouldn't be doing anything else, and it feels fills like a little bit of a void. But then the like getting dressed up and going to meet for like a six pm dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, let's talk about at the dinner. If you don't, I ask you.
Speaker 1: I mean we talked about life and we both you know, I'm in the middle of divorce. He's divorced. Like we talked about all kinds of things. But right after the date, there was no there was no nothing, you know, it was ghost see whatever whatever. But then he sent a text like what's your schedule like next week, let's plan something, and like what days do you have the kids? Blah blah blah, And I just said, I have to be honest with you. I don't think that's gonna be a second date, OK, Like, not because I didn't enjoy the human just because like I don't know I need like more than I I can't. Also, like I'm such like a chemistry person that like I I don't know, I'm not going to create it, and like.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, if you say chemistry, what was it about you and Edwin?
Speaker 2: What was the chemistry?
Speaker 1: Well, we definitely didn't meet on a date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think that's a lot. There's a lot of like like presumptions when you meet on a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you meet and you're like, what's your favorite food?
Speaker 2: Deed?
Speaker 1: All right? I like sushi, me too, you know, like all of that lead up, Like I met Edwin at a club. Yeah, like I met my first husband because he was friends with one of my friends, you know, like it just was more organic.
Speaker 3: I waited on Tom for an entire year before we ever went to dinner, so I actually slowly got to know him and just had small talk with him for a year before we ever went to a sit down dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So that's where it's like I've kind of taken a pause, like I haven't even opened it and so long, Like I tagged you in something, because if you don't respond for so long, then hensends you like a little thing like hey, we can't send you any more matches until you start responding to the ones.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, I also feel as if I would need to go out with someone someone has to know this person somehow, some way. That's what He's kind of sort of been around in our orbit somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that guy.
Speaker 3: I know him, you know, through whatever, or I've seen him at blah blah blah's house.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think that's the thing why I felt comfortable to go with the last person, because remember we had known each other twenty years ago. There was already like an original connection. I'm supposed to go out with somebody else again this week, and I know that it's probably going to have to get canceled because I've been thinking about how I'm going to cancel for about four days.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's definitely not a good thing.
Speaker 1: And he's totally cute, has a good job, occasionally desirable, Like there's no.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure it's nothing personal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm like, is that really what I mean? I have to And then I'm such a lunatic that I'm like, you know, I'm working the super Bowl, so I need to pas.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I have what are you're doing? Maybe we can hook up with an athlete down there.
Speaker 1: I'm going to the super Bowl for the podcast. We have like some branding things, and I am so jealous, I know, But what am I supposed to wear? I'm not actually, I don't know that I'm going to the game.
Speaker 3: But okay, so well, first of all, I think your location as to where you're doing the power says a lot about what you're wearing. I think you need to look well, your bod's rocking, so I think you need look sporty and hot.
Speaker 2: You know what, fuck you?
Speaker 3: I am jealous because I ain't catching them over here on Broadway.
Speaker 1: Well, one, what team am I going for?
Speaker 2: Neither? You're going for the one that hires you the most.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what color do I wear?
Speaker 2: Like you?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, it's the Chiefs and the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's red or like not teal but blue green?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, so I mean I have green on right now, but I'm not sure that's like my luke going forward. There's also multiple nights. There's like GLAMs, There's I mean, there's lots going into this. I don't have time for a hinge date. You're taking glam glam is meeting there. They have glam already, so I won't be looking like this at this level.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you, you can't be looking.
Speaker 3: You have to look like you're you're you have to look like a star, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Does that mean I have to put nails on? I can't go in with bloody cuticles and.
Speaker 2: Chaut nails America?
Speaker 1: Now, how am I going to get all these things done? When I supposedly have as a hinge date on Wednesday?
Speaker 2: The hinge man, we're going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: But the other crazy thing is I asked the hinge guy. Well, he had already kind of made me laugh. He's like on the thing. He's like, uh, I just here's my Instagram, so you don't think that I'm an eighty five year old catfish. Blah blah blah. So we started instagramming back and forth and he's like, I don't really instagram. Can we switch to phones? And I'm like sure, this is my number? He texts, and I'm like, before we continue texting, can you send me a voice note like I because to me, somebody's voice granted this is rich coming from me because my voice is not pleasing. Uh that I needed to hear his before even saying yes.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 3: Would you be the same like doing voices and the most annoyingly recognizable voices on the planet. The answer is, yeah, I'd like to hear your tone. Yeah, that's not an unreasonable request.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then his tone like he didn't say anything quippy or funnier. It was just like, hey, it's me blah.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people aren't used to sending shit like that. Yeah, I mean like, I mean, you know, cut the guy some slat.
Speaker 1: Well, he's going to be cut at least a week slack because I got a plan for the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: And you need to get your looks down because now you have to go full on Tedday. I'm telling you this is a target rich environment. You need to go down there.
Speaker 1: If I if you see me looking like hell at the super Bowl parties, you're going to be on me next week.
Speaker 3: I am because this is a great opportunity not only for you, but for your brand and personally.
Speaker 2: You can have some fun down there.
Speaker 1: Well do you think that I'm going to be met with like a baller or like a sports agent? Like, where do you really put me? I need to know what I'm going and looking for?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I know what.
Speaker 3: Look, I guess my question is what do you intend? What do you want I mean, do you want Jerry Maguire or do you want Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know Jerry Maguire, really, I think so, I don't think i'd be good like I'm kind of a jealous person in general. I don't think i'd be good with like the constant travel.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, wait a second, I thought you mentioned for a brief moment.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I mean it may be for just a brief moment, but like and then I'm still gonna go.
Speaker 2: Let me take my lands on I'm looking.
Speaker 1: At Oh you thought I met a super Bowl one night stand that, Yeah, then it's gonna then I would have to like get in a fight with Taylor Swift, because would be Travis Kelsey. It's not gonna be Patrick Mahomes though he's with child.
Speaker 3: I meant as an archetype, not as a person. Everybody calmed down. I meant like as an archetype, like you know, not as like the literal person.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Kevin Costner's ex wife, who Kevin Costner is at all the majority of the horse shows, by the way, this week at the horse show, Kevin Kevin Costner was there and so was Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 2: So is it their daughters ride?
Speaker 1: I don't know who Kevin Kevin Costner's daughter must ride. I know it's Mark Wahlberg's daughter that rides because she's friends with Slate. But either way, I mean Mark Wahlberg's happily married Kevin Costner's ex wife, Christine Bambgartner. This is on one of our headlin. I didn't know this on my own, just from seeing it the horse show is now engaged to Josh Connor. This is a big article because it's it's only a year after Kevin and Christine finalize their divorce. Bomb Gartner is making things official with her new boyfriend. They're entering a new chapter together. All I know is that I think Christine is rich honey, as Rehna would say. But she said it was about to rain, so no one else was on the beach when Josh got down on one knee. I don't want to be proposed to in the rain. I'm here to tell you.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I want to go from one marriage to another.
Speaker 1: I don't know that answer for myself at this point.
Speaker 2: I mean, clearly I haven't.
Speaker 1: But could you? But aren't you still married. You can't unless you want to be a big a mist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still married, but.
Speaker 1: It's not that range right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm not even like it's just I just don't think that at where I'm at in my life on a personal note, that I would even consider that.
Speaker 1: Well. The couple have been going together strong for over a year. They spent Christmas in New York together last month, where it all began. The news comes eleven months after Christine fifty finalized her divorce to Kevin, following a tense legal battle. Christine, who shares kids Caden seventeen, Hayes fifteen, and Grace fourteen with I Love that Kevin Costner is now considered the Yellowstone Alum, filed to in their eighteen year marriage and May twenty twenty three, citing reconcilable differences. Months later, the split came before contentious as they disagreed over child support. Then, at this time, Christine denied she was in relationship with Jos who she went on vacation with in Hawaii earlier that summer. I mean, all in all, this is gonna be a little bit of a sitch, but I also need to know is Kevin Costner dating Jennifer Lopez, is he? I mean they've been pictured together at more than one location in Aspen. And would you date Kevin Costner or have a Super Bowl rendezvous?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 3: I've always thought Kevin Costner was handsome. I always thought he was a good actor. You know, he's a lock in Yata guy.
Speaker 1: Always from Loachaanyata flint Ridge.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if he's from there, but I know he used to live there, and I think he's.
Speaker 2: An sc guy.
Speaker 1: But do you think this is too fast to move on? I'm I'm you know, I'm not asking for personal reasons, clearly.
Speaker 2: I just ask for who him or her?
Speaker 1: For her because now she I mean, it took them eleven months to get divorced and now we're engaged.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess everybody has to do what's right for them.
Speaker 3: It's not something I don't think I would do, because I would worry that I was going.
Speaker 2: From frying pants fire.
Speaker 3: Not in a bad way, but just like emotionally, if I'm going to disconnect from the marriage that I you know, was in for almost twenty years, I might need some space.
Speaker 2: Maybe she felt like she had enough space, but for me personally, I probably would have not done.
Speaker 1: That, especially because we've got we've got kids here, which leads me to another big question that we've.
Speaker 2: Had in the are older though than like right.
Speaker 1: They're older than mine, but they're still teenagers. Yeah, but at what point do you think is okay? Like do you remember the first time you met Tom's kids?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: How long had you been with him?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well a while? But I mean Tom's children were my age.
Speaker 3: I'm the I'm the age of his youngest child, right, so there wasn't really anything to say other than hi.
Speaker 1: However, you weren't like dropping her off at her first day at kindergarten.
Speaker 3: No, no, No, he had three children, and you know they had they we were all grown ups, all of us. We were all grown I had been before had a six year old at that time, so there was no you know, everybody was an adult.
Speaker 2: It was a different situation.
Speaker 3: And let's say that you're a better student to talk about this because you have a stepchild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they weren't married, so it's a little bit different. Like probably in hindsight, I met Bella too soon, Like if I were like, I'm very good friends with Edwin's ex at this point in time. However, going back to where we were when I met Edwin, he had just broken up. Him and Christina had just broken up, and Bella was six weeks old and I met her shortly thereafter.
Speaker 2: So you've always been in her life.
Speaker 1: I've always been in her life. But I think it made things harder for me and Bella's mom to have that connection because immediately, like Edwin and I jumped into like an Instagram relationship. By instat I mean like immediate not Instagram. Yeah, free Instagram, But you know, I can't imagine what it would be.
Speaker 2: First off, I can see how Christina would not be happy with that at all.
Speaker 3: But number two, now that you're single, at what point would you let a man meet your children?
Speaker 1: Well, I was actually talking about this with Edwin the other day because he's he's different than me in the way that like he likes now that we're not together, he's more open to like going to events and public things. Were like, I'm more of like a one on one Like I would go to dinner with you and Renn and Kyle or whatever, but like, I'm probably not going to a big birthday dinner unless it's a best friend, Like, I'm not I'm not into all that. So we were talking and I said, so, what's like the general rules, because I think he's going to have a super Bowl party here with the kids. I said, what do you think the general rules are with like if if you're dating girls, are they going to be here and just not be introduced? And he's like, it's really up to you, Like I haven't even kind of thought about that, And is he dating by the way, yes, oh yes, both of you are dating both of us are. So I don't really know. I mean it's we're in a really weird situation because we nest, so like one of us is always living in our home, so like if and when we're not living in our home, the other person is not living in another home that we own, Like we're at Kyle's and he's at his friend Zach's. Like things are very god Kyle and Zach are handling it. But I think that's what I said. Our therapist actually asked, if it gets serious enough with one of your guys' future people, do you want to meet them before they meet your kids? And I mean I got emotional when asked, and I said, I actually don't I don't know the answer to that question yet.
Speaker 3: I think that's pretty reasonable, though. I'll tell you why. I'd like to know you have small children, right, yeah, you know, like little Dove and you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I would like to know who's around my kids, right.
Speaker 1: But then at where do you draw the line? Like I could have been like, you know, he had people over for a playoffs event, and I know none of the girls who was dating were there, but there were girls, and there were people I didn't know, and the kids are there. And do I think anything unsafe was happening. Absolutely not. But like, I can't be micro managing who.
Speaker 2: We're talking about somebody that was dating.
Speaker 3: You forgot the whole condition you just put on that I know about people coming over and being friendly. We're talking about someone that he would be dating consistently, right.
Speaker 1: But if that person that he was dating was just here with a group of thirty other people and they weren't showing that they were dating, would I care or would I not? I do not. It can't I can't write.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not sure. Hey, listen, the rules have changed, So there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think that's where it gets tricky. I think you know. Yes, it's easy to say I would want to meet the person first, but if there's any kind of social interaction, I don't need to be managing that. But I guess if it gets to the point where, like, hey, I'm taking the kids to dinner with I'm just making up a name Janet, right, I would probably want to know. I wouldn't want Cruz to be like, hey, mom, we met Janet tonight at dinner. Her and dad were holding hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would like to know them before, and you'd like to get to know Janet, or at least be introduced to Janet, so it doesn't come out of the.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know that I need to meet Janet.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well then you don't well.
Speaker 1: That, But I'm asking you would if it was reversed, would you want to meet Janet? Poor, poor random person named Janet that thinks I may be talking about her. I'm not. I just made it.
Speaker 3: Let me let me let me roll back thirty years in my brain here. Yes, the answer is yes. If it was someone that was important, that was going to be spending time with my children, possibly spending the night with you know, my former spouse and the kids getting to know them. Yes, I'd like to at least put my eyes in energy, you know, I'd like to feel that person's energy for a second. I don't think I get wrapped up in it because I made a choice not to. I made a choice to disconnect, So I can't. You know, you have to be a big girl here and say okay, well, and I think it would be fair for the opposite if you had someone spending time with your children and one has the right to, you know, lay eyes on this person and at least meet them and you know, look at them, not saying that anybody's making bad decisions.
Speaker 2: Let's not do that idiots. Fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And I mean I think in hindsight, you know, when I think about it, you know, my relationship with Christina has really evolved through the years. Sure, and it took time because of the way it started. So if we could eliminate that initial but I don't know if you can eliminate it. I don't know if that feeling like once you're getting divorced, or once you're divorced, whether it's mutual decision, one person decided. I don't know if those feelings are going to come back like, are there feelings of jealousy? Is there going to be feelings?
Speaker 3: I think you have to look at it the same way we were talking earlier about grief, in that it's not linear, in that it's just sort of one of these things that rises and falls. It comes in and out, and you're going to have to address it when it comes up and not let it take hold of you and try to keep it all in perspective.
Speaker 1: I guess that makes sense. This is a fan question, Erica, did you ever experience resentment with Tom's exes? Did they have a say in your relationship with Tom?
Speaker 2: No? No, they did not.
Speaker 3: I think that, And I think one of the great things is that when I was with Tom, I had also been married and divorced, and I was already a mom, So I didn't have the unrealistic expectations like I'd already been through some life stuff. Myself and Tom had already been married twice before, and like I said earlier, I was an adult, he had adult children. I kind of feel like, whatever happened before is whatever happened before. I kind of like, don't want to know, don't care. When you're with me, you're with me, and I just And it's so funny because, like I was thinking about it now, if I was in a relationship, I don't want to be in a relationship with somebody that has a crazy ex life or crazy children. That's a real turn off for me. Yet how you feel about that? But that's not something that I'm interested. I'm not interested in raising somebody else's kids. Kind of don't want to know your and it's not where.
Speaker 2: I'm out in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean for me, because I have such young kids, I wouldn't be to me. It would be a bigger red flag. If I met a fifty year old man who had no kids and was never.
Speaker 2: Married, well, then I agree with.
Speaker 1: Then somebody that's fifty has three kids, divorced ten years ago, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, to anybody that's listening, let me just say this. If I end up dating your dad, don't worry. I don't want to know you, and I'm not trying to take you away from you, and i don't want your fucking money and I'm really not into it, So don't worry. I don't want to know you, don't give a fuck about you, don't give a fuck about your inheritance. I'm here to have a good time with your dad. I have my own shit going on, and if you know anything about me, you know I'm not really interested in you or your life.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If that doesn't that should be your hinge profile.
Speaker 2: Not here feel your dad's money.
Speaker 3: Don't really give a fuck about you or your family traditions.
Speaker 2: I'm just here for a good time.
Speaker 1: Well, what if you had to go to Christmas like you went on a Christmas trip together? Would you?
Speaker 2: No? No? No?
Speaker 3: Now, if I liked this family and I thought they were lovely and they liked me, of course, But if you're talking about trying to make something work, no, the answer is absolutely fucking not.
Speaker 2: If everybody meets.
Speaker 3: And they get along and it's cool, great, I'm like down to have the best time. But if you think, for one ioda I'm going to spend one fucking second of what's left of my life trying to assimilate into some man's family.
Speaker 2: Fuck No, is.
Speaker 1: This why you didn't ever go on a date with my dad? Because you didn't want to be my stepmom?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: And your dad never wanted to date me, and I never wanted to date your dad. That's trueful way your dad is a nice name.
Speaker 1: What am I? Mom? Can we do the pot earlier?
Speaker 3: I know what, you need to stop right here because I'm starting to feel some kind.
Speaker 2: Of weird way about that. That would just be horrible. But you know what, it's true, and I don't think that you would either.
Speaker 3: I am at a face in my life where I want to be with people that want to be with me. If somebody's lovely and they have great kids, that's wonderful. I can guarantee you if I get with someone, I am not going to mother your children. I am not going to It's not where I'm at in my life. It's just not you know. I want people who are squared away, who feel good, who've got great situations, because my shit is nailed.
Speaker 2: Down, you know well.
Speaker 1: Also, going through your Hinge profile that you haven't completed, I don't think that you need to have relatability photos. I think you just post the photos of you and people can.
Speaker 3: Do anything very relatable about me. I think that those who relate will relate. I don't think I should try to make myself something other than what I really am. Yeah, that's my pally weird and kind of out there. And if you get to know me like you've gotten to know me. You know, I am a regular person. I just happen to present a little differently.
Speaker 1: But you also you're a good advice giver and you can I mean, granted, like us all you can, you know, have a hot head like we all can, but you actually like have the ability to read people and kind of you're able to sus out situations that I wouldn't say everybody has the ability to do.
Speaker 3: I think that I'm able to just like take a step back and look at things and be like, you know what, I don't know if that's the right answer for this, but I don't have the answer, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, I just I try to just take it as I see it.
Speaker 3: But I'm excited for you when you're dating, and I'm really, I'm really I will see this.
Speaker 2: And as I was scrolling, I saw you on the pod and I.
Speaker 3: Have to take this time to say, I'm very proud of the way that you're recovering because you.
Speaker 2: Know, you got smacked in the face.
Speaker 1: I smacked myself in the face. I got smacked in the face, and.
Speaker 2: I tell you that, but that's part of life.
Speaker 3: It's part of why your people enjoy listening to you and enjoy watching you. You've been open and as honest as you can be, as one can be, and know they don't deserve your you know, entire blood Gud's history. But you've done well, and you've picked yourself up and dusted yourself off, and that's really all you can ask for, So keep going.
Speaker 1: Really proud of you, Thank you. I really appreciate being able to talk to you, and I miss doing you know what. I'm happy for my situation, but I selfishly miss seeing you in person, sane. So I mean, I'm gonna I'm going to deal with this extension enough. Get your ass back here.
Speaker 2: I tell my two weeks and I'm coming home and we're going to sit down.
Speaker 3: We're going to do a proper catch up. We'll do some really good pods and we'll have some good FaceTime.
Speaker 1: I'll go back to applying makeup, to making an effort.
Speaker 3: I won't be in this corporate apartment, which no shame to this corporate apartment.
Speaker 2: But you know, I like being with you.
Speaker 1: I like being with you too. But you guys, thanks for tuning in for another episode of Diamonds in the reugh Next week, we are going to do a little special Gallantines episode.
Speaker 2: I think it's a Galantine's Day for us.
Speaker 1: I think it's a Gallantine's Day. I don't think even if you get set up on Hinge prior to them, or if I end up going out with the guys, I'm going to stay val I don't think I'm getting any Valentine grams.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, amen, I'm not either.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should spend the night not together, but spend the night focusing on guys. Do you need a cameo and we make money on Valentine's that.
Speaker 2: I've never done a cameo? Is it good?
Speaker 1: It's good? But I this is my issue. If they come in and waves, I don't want to do them. But if I got like forty cameos at once and could bang them all out on Valentine's Day when I'm feeling lonely and sad, I think I could probably do it. That's pretty good money. And then you're like doing something positive on the No, it might.
Speaker 3: Be interesting to do like a like a Valentine's Day cameo sing or Christmas time, you know, like those kinds of things, But I don't think I could do it on a database.
Speaker 2: No, okay, this is Erica. You know you're you're pay I heard.
Speaker 1: You're turning thirty seven. Hay birthday. Maybe your best year yet? Probably not. Probably we're on year five as shit, so don't take advice from us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll take any bye from me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Well I miss you and we'll be back next week. You guys, thanks for tuning in to another one.
Speaker 3: You later, Bye bye