Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought you by Prize Pick.
Speaker 2: Sign up for Prize Picks today and use that promo code and Leading Off when you do.
Speaker 1: It's me Joey paid Joe Pizipia.
Speaker 2: That of course is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks, and we're all here talking baseball and Welsh. Inn other place I guess to talk baseball apparently is something called Threads, which I really didn't know about until.
Speaker 1: The last couple of days. Maybe it's because I'm old. I don't know. Well I went ahead and.
Speaker 2: I joined the Threads and I saw you already on there, so I guess you are still the youthful movement of this program.
Speaker 3: Well, first off, I am just a blind sheep. I sheeply just was like, oh, I gotta do the thing because everyone's doing the thing.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's what you do.
Speaker 3: But I will tell you Threads just started today, so you're not like old Duddy whatever. There was an early access.
Speaker 1: All it is.
Speaker 3: This is for the crew of people that are daily waiting for Twitter to implode because of new rules and people get all the the this. I don't care. It's not going anywhere. Blah blah blah. There is a new platform. All it is is Facebook's Twitter culer if it is. But the most important thing is to follow us both on threads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm at Fantasy Black Book. That's my handle because it just pulled my Instagram Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine is that I have to own. I have to own that everywhere.
Speaker 2: Like uh, it's like I call it fitter. It's like Facebook and Twitter had a baby. It's it's fitter.
Speaker 3: That's because it's face well in Instagram. It's their new platform.
Speaker 2: Fits fits the gram fits the Graham, fits the gram M. It's kind of like all those things combined. That's kind of what it's a little bit Insta book, you know what it is. It's whatever your parents tell you that they signed up for. Whatever that facelis is the name or social media. I'm on the Insta book. You gotta you gotta find me on the Insta face the face.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'll ever I don't know if we'll ever be on it, but you should just all go follow us because that's the new thing. Don't ask questions, just give up all your personal information to whatever company and just well they have.
Speaker 2: It anyway, So what's the difference, I feel like. But I kind of feel like with all these things there, there's little for every ten of them that are like there and gone, there's one that becomes a big deal.
Speaker 1: Well, so you know, I want to have more followers than everybody else on their first I want to be first to market on something. For a change.
Speaker 3: We're both first to market on this one, I'll tell you. But every again, this is it's just so crazy, like anything happens on Twitter and everyone like Brolly's up. They're like, ohka, goshforms that we're on, We're on this one.
Speaker 2: We're on this political one that only the people who had iPhones could do.
Speaker 1: And I was like, this is dumb. I remember that.
Speaker 2: It was like it was like an interactive platform. You can get on there and talk and all that stuff. I remember that thing. I don't know what people people remember years ago and I was like, you had to be invitation, you'd be super cool to deal.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: This is dumb. I have Android anyway you can go screw and you know what, it's gone now. I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. Somebody in the chat probably remembers what, but you know, we're there. Threads.
Speaker 2: The only problem is that sounds like one of these clothing companies where it's like, do.
Speaker 1: You like CUSTOMMND shirts, then you're gonna love Threads where.
Speaker 3: It actually sounds like some it would be a sponsor, right, So yeah, pretty good. I mean they really still But the most important thing is go follow me. So I have more followers than Joe. Joe has actively been getting all the followers. I've done nothing to go follow me, so I have more. If Joe has more than me.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you do already, but no, you have more than me.
Speaker 3: It's very Let's get to the.
Speaker 1: Questions of the Peterson Cracker jacks. It's baseball. That's why we're really here.
Speaker 2: And here's part of a thread from Center for Access to Information and Justice, which all sounds great. I love information, I love justice, I love being the center of things.
Speaker 1: It's all great.
Speaker 2: So points league, these are the keeper options. Somebody's out, Somebody's out Toronto, Vladimir Guerrero, Phillies, Trey Turner, Ellie Jordan Walker, Volpi and Uri Peretz Now I look at this group being in a points league, I think I dropped Volpi back into the pile because the strikeout total is high. He's having a weird season. I think he's easier to redraft. Maybe you go right after him early and a keeper. I want a pitcher, and you've already got Vlad Turner, Ellie. Those are premium guys. Jordan Walker looks a little bit more solid right now. To me, it's between Walker and Volpe. That's the odd man out. Who's the odd man out for you?
Speaker 3: Did he say this is points?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah.
Speaker 2: There will be several other messages here because obviously the Center for Information is going to give you as much information as possible.
Speaker 1: So I just to pull out the players.
Speaker 3: Well, we want to make sure to give him justice in this in this entire move here, and it's Volpi. Walker is hitting for such a high average, those hard hit numbers. It's not quite equating to like the video game stuff that Ellie's doing, but it's going to get there into the future. So I want Walker. Ellie's a no brainer. You're not messing with Ladd and Trey and Uri Prays like you said in points leagues, I feel like it's so popular to not appreciate and value pictures and points leagues anymore, which is crazy because that's what it's all about. So you're reason no brain er Sovulpi got a kick.
Speaker 2: There you go, uh goggles by the way, being funny, haha, Joe joining friends is like when your mom joined Facebook. Why don't you go poke your grandma? Sabo Huh, your grandma wants to be friends. She poked you, you go poke her back, which sounds cross.
Speaker 3: Remember please don't poke your grandma.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I was like the I fought Facebook forever, like I like, not as physical, you know, but I mean everybody was. I was like, I don't want to do this and it's stupid whatever, and then eventually, like nine years later, I finally did it.
Speaker 1: So I want to be first for a change.
Speaker 3: So this is the only one I don't do is TikTok. I I just don't.
Speaker 2: I got a TikTok and I made a really funny TikTok last year about the coach.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw this. It's actually very funny. No I did the coach.
Speaker 2: It was the coach press conference in uh in training camp from the NFL and it's really it's really funny.
Speaker 1: But I haven't done one since, so maybe maybe I'll just do what a year.
Speaker 3: It's not good for the algorithm, I'm told TikTok.
Speaker 1: I just don't get I don't get it. I can't. Who knows.
Speaker 2: Maybe this will be my space, Maybe this will be a big thing. Go Pokemon, go poke your grandma's dan. Oh.
Speaker 1: Do I have to tell my relationship status on Threads? I don't think so, hopefully not. I'm in a relationship with the Welsh.
Speaker 3: I haven't dug that date. I have one post on there, and if if you've been hearing lately on other things, I am obsessed with Tim Robinson. It's the only thing I care about in my life. So I did the fenty five burgers, fifty five shakes, fifty five fries, one hundred tatters.
Speaker 2: That was my first post on threads. So go like and you and you. I will like it whenever I see it on there. By the way, one person worse than me is my is cousin Donnie. Cousin Donnie like just joined social media last year, any of it? Like he had none. It was hard, you know, you had to actually call or text cousin Donnie, not now, not now, So you know, he was.
Speaker 3: Like, my people just joined social media and stuff because you right, because they like everything and they comment everything.
Speaker 1: They're like, I'm trying to be engaged. You don't, no, you know, doesn't matter. Let's get to what does matter.
Speaker 2: Pablo Lopez, great performance for him, striking out twelve guys nine innings. There you go, that's what you want, the complete game stuff. Pablo Lopez was brilliant. The splits for him have been very stark this year, so there was reason to stay away. But you know what, whenever you see the Royals, you just go troll the Royals. Sometimes there's things in the fantasy world, the betting world they're just too good to be true. And one of them is facing the Royals right now, Welsh. They are a hot mess. I think the rest of the season too. This is something like you see them on the slate, you just attack, whether it be strikeout props, That's.
Speaker 3: What I've been doing.
Speaker 2: Whatever, you just continue to go straight for those kansasity worlds. And I'm not trying to take away anything, but Pablo Lopez is had a great season and strikeout totals are way up from his career totals. But really like the Royals are the gift that keeps on. They are the giving tree, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I agree, I absolutely attack them. But on Pablo Lopez real quick. I haven't looked this up because I don't know if it exists on any other guys. So, first off, thirty percent plus whiff erate on both of him his top used pitches fastball and sweeper thirty five percent with rate. This is on the season. In game last night when he was dominant and awesome, thirty two percent with rate on the fastball. He had nothing on the sweeper, so then he had a forty five percent with rate on the change up and a fifty seven percent on the curve ball. Seventeen total swinging misses four of his are three of his four pitches had a forty percent csw percentage so called strikes and whiffs. Awesome, But the thing I was saying is, I don't know if anyone else has this. He does four pitches double digit percentage usage. His curveball has a forty percent with rate, So I don't know is there another pitcher that has three pitches of double digit percent usage with a thirty percent WITHFT rate or higher. That's crazy. That seems crazy. I just don't know if anybody else has that. You get you see big whiff rates on like one pitch, maybe two, but three pitches.
Speaker 2: Garret Cole would be the only guy. I wonder if you looked up that number, would it be Garret Cole. I don't feel like it's not Strider, you know it's not some of these other like Christian Hobby are with a two bit.
Speaker 3: Ironically, it wouldn't be a guy like a Darvish twelve different spread out because he's got too many pictures.
Speaker 1: That's why I went with Garrett Cole. That would be my one guess. H Cody, our friend Cody in the chat to.
Speaker 2: Talking about my Space. I never had a MySpace account. I imagine you did because you were just a little younger than me, and.
Speaker 1: That was a very big thing for me I had.
Speaker 3: I had the past your friends to rank your friends.
Speaker 1: I think that's healthy.
Speaker 2: People think that's an unhealthy thing. I actually think that's healthy, like I think a y I do. And here's why, because you know what it's it's it's honest, and you start ranking your friends, right, and if if you pissed me off today and knock you down from five to six or five to seven.
Speaker 1: I think that means you better step up.
Speaker 3: That's why I say, who do you think would have you in their top eight? If like our industry friends, like of all those industry friends, like, who do you think would have it? And you could also like you, we could go all fantasy pros people. I was also thinking like outside of fantasy.
Speaker 1: Just of the fantasy industry would be in who I would make their top would be in there. I'd like to think you.
Speaker 2: I would like to think Bogman, Deeric Brown for sure, Ericson. Yes, I think that Mayor would have me nowhere near his MySpace page. And then I think Sealy would put me in, but it would be real close.
Speaker 1: I'd be like seven or eight.
Speaker 2: Because he'd want people who are He'd want people that look better, even though technically I'm a better friend.
Speaker 1: He'd want higher profile.
Speaker 3: Higher profile. You know, I was thinking, which.
Speaker 1: Is why he would to make my aid at all.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I would be in anybody's top eight on you and Bogman. I don't know if I have that type of like love from prospect people. Maybe, but I don't know if anybody else would have me.
Speaker 2: I think there's I think there's a handful of other people that might have me in that like right around there.
Speaker 1: But that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good question for threads. I'm gonna put that out there on a thread and see if people thread it. There you go, Singa, he was pretty good at two another twelve strikeouts over eight innings for him, A dramatic win against the Diamondbacks. My dude, Francisco Alvarez, my pick yesterday for value of DFS came through it a big home run, a big moment.
Speaker 3: Let's go so, by the way, before you moved on, the Diamondbacks are striking out more than any team currently, So you want to talk about like attacking teams. Kodai Senga, if you remember, I had a really good betting day last year. I don't know if any of you guys before following me, but Kodai Singa was plus money five and a half strikeouts yesterday because the Diamondbacks were striking out and struck out twelve. Not that you would attack them all season long, but watching those trends of who's striking out at pretty insane degrees is where you can take advantage of Kodai Singa was freaking awesome last night and kind of getting some stuff together. Thirty percent k percentage. The walk rate is way way too high still, but he's not inducing as many barrels and just Kotae Singa's moving in a right direction and that was a good, very much so bet to.
Speaker 1: Attacks you could have.
Speaker 2: I have fat you know, code Senga was a guy that we were very much on this year. I'm fascinating to see if he's one of these dudes that takes a big step forward next year. If you're if there's a keeper league out there and you're out of it this year, he would be a really fascinating buy because he probably came relatively cheap this year in draft capital or in price, if it was a salary cap draft.
Speaker 1: That would be a guy that would be very intriguing to me.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty four, if the Mets rebound, the kids take a step forward, and they become a better team because.
Speaker 1: Senga's not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: I mean, we could talk about suzer Verlander and all that stuff. They're one hundred years old. They definitely had you know they don't have any social media, those guys, but no, but.
Speaker 1: Seriously, they they would definitely sang it to me.
Speaker 2: Is that one guy that I think could really be a fascinating step forward. I don't want to say fantasy ace, but maybe in that clarity, Chris Meede would keep me in his eight by the way, mean one hundred.
Speaker 1: I would definitely be in Miani's a. By the way, there's some funny ones on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fifty nine points six percent whift rate on his forkball, uses it twenty two percent of the time. There's another stat I want, does anybody have a higher whiff rate on a pitch use twenty percent or more in baseball? Because I don't think so. Twenty two percent he uses that forkball. It's an almost sixty percent whiff rate. That has to be the most whift that pitch in baseball this year. I can't believe any other.
Speaker 1: Pitches, David says, Frank Stanfel will put you in the top eight.
Speaker 3: I Frankie might have. Yeah, Okay, that's called Frank might have. Also, our shared love of Tim Robinson could get Towers to maybe even consider because all we do now is tweet at each other with Tim Robinson Gifts, so there's possibly I think Aeric Cross who rich over here, Eric could maybe play might be people that put me in, but you know you employ that, you employ Cross, so like I think you would have a standard over me.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the thing, Like if I employ you and you don't keep me in your top eight, and maybe next year we have to have.
Speaker 1: The black with hr. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe you know, neither one of us would get on on Spore by the way.
Speaker 2: No sport sport wouldn't even you know, all all his eight would be dogs, the.
Speaker 1: Dogs or or members of the Troy Tigers. Yeah, like just be like.
Speaker 3: OTP MLB the show for six Dogs.
Speaker 1: Six Dogs.
Speaker 2: And then Spencer torkleson uh lugo two runs one earned six case for him nice outing, uh so especially good because the padres a little help there with walking going on the I l Brian Bellow, another guy that we were on yesterday seven strong innings as the Red Sox get a w against the Raiders.
Speaker 3: That, yeah, I thought that was impressied. I was not on him yesterday. Someone asked me like, hey, are you starting Bail And I'm like, I'm not starting him. Rangers of offense.
Speaker 2: Is the reason why I was yes, yes, but but look at what he's done in the last four starts. I told you he's been very solid these last four starts. I think something is clicked here. The confidence there, Bellow's very intriguing for me.
Speaker 3: Rush radar change up. He had eight whiffs on that thing yesterday. Pretty pretty impressive swing through pitch through at thirty percent of the time. Beyo, definitely moving into the territory.
Speaker 2: Now here's an interesting one just from Billy, no last name, just just Billy. I don't know how you know this is the one person that got.
Speaker 1: Just Billy on old Billy.
Speaker 2: Is this the last chance to sell Mike Trout in a keeper league? I kind of wonder keeper dynasty like I would avert. You lost patience with Trout after the last few years of injuries because there's been a ton of injuries with Mike Trout in last couple of years, like not insignificant injuries, We're talking like giant chunks of the season injuries with Mike Trout that I think the frustration level and looking at that he doesn't steal bases anymore. He got to that point in his career where he's getting older and all those things. When you on that, you know, once you cross over that dividing line of thirty, do you think that there is enough value to sell at this point? Even like what's the return for Mike Trout? I know you go on the trade analyzer and go look at it. But in keeper like in redraft leagues, but in dynasty keeper formats, that's.
Speaker 1: A big question. Is this the last chance? Is there a chance you can It's not.
Speaker 3: It's it's I'm almost one hundred percent. It's not the last chance. Also, it's not the time right now. Do not when is Mike trust.
Speaker 1: The off season? You wait for the off season.
Speaker 3: When will then be now soon soon? H First off, do it when he's on the field. You do not trade Mike Trout right now when he's hurt, because people are like, well, you know they're going to sell you on all the reasons. Why absolutely not. Second off, he's thirty one years old. Yes, his the some of the stats are diminishing as far as what we knew of Mike Trout, but you see plenty of Paul Goldschmid, Freddy Freeman. These guys absolutely can get it done. At thirty four to thirty five years old. So I firmly, firmly believe that it is not the last opportunity. Now, if you want to sell him at the high I still think you have a couple of years to do it. So selling him when he's back and healthy now versus two years from now, it's kind of whatever you know, you feel, and whatever the return looks like. But if you want to talk about like who he is second most hard hit percentage of his career. This year he's had an XBA that was better than last year going on, I mean baseball savant. When I'm trying to get it to you, it's across the board, top ten percent and almost.
Speaker 1: He's a great player.
Speaker 2: He's just not And I know he's only thirty one, wesh, Like I get that. I get that he's still only thirty one, But he's also had a lot of miles on that thirty one. He's a very physical player. He's a guy that runs into walls. He's a guy who stole a lot of bases. He's a guy that has, you know, put a lot into the game of baseball in.
Speaker 1: His career, in these last ten years.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know what thirty one to thirty eight looks like for Mike Trout having all these injuries.
Speaker 1: He's already had DH.
Speaker 3: It's not at the DH a little bit more at some point. But listen, maybe I firmly believe if the Mike Trout in your mind is the one from four years ago, then yeah, you should get out if you can't come to terms of that. He doesn't steal bases. He's gonna miss a little bit, but he's still a monster hitter. Here's the problem, all that stuff we talked about yesterday. What if they did trade a Tonny and they trade all this and Mike Trout is playing with a bunch of twenty four year old play that does stink. So these are all things to consider when talking about it. But if your argument is, hey, Mike Trout is diminishing in his talent and is not going to be as good and this is the only time you can get something firm disagree. I think you got a couple of years on that. I'm not saying to not do it, but this is not the last chance.
Speaker 2: I think it might be the high point I think this offseason going into next year's draft season. Next March that's the time when you start kicking the tires and say, oh, how much can I get for Trout now? Because if you can really cash in that asset, I'd be curious to see because what if he has another season where he is missing thirty forty games. By the way we were talking, Frank Stamfle literally just followed me on threads.
Speaker 1: Look at that stampful there it is Frank Stamfle following you on the threads. Right, I've got it if I've got it too. By the way, threads is the SAT It's.
Speaker 3: Kind of odd to me. Let's see, I don't know if Frank followed me. This is going to determine if we're going to be you know what, I don't think me and Frank are going to be great friends because guess what, I'm not fin But you know who did get followed by better than Frank wonk Yeah?
Speaker 1: Milwonkee doesn't follow me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right there, there you go.
Speaker 2: Mayor follows me, which is great. All right, let's get to some more baseball stuff here. Elie Dela Cruz got his bat checked and then he said to the Washington Nationals manager Dave Martinez, you better to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Right here, buddy, I got you right here, and he went yard on the was it the next pitch or two pitches?
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It was like the next at bat because he had one of those oh there was the next at bat. Sorry, yeah, he had one of those bat trackers that was like on the end of the bat where they can right, they can check your swing and they can do that type, which I think the whole point was. Most everyone was like, we haven't seen that in a game before. I don't think i'ven't recalled seeing any of those things on there. But yeah, he still had it on. He smacked that homer and then bam and then he said how about that? How about them? And then Dave Dave Martinez got all pissy, being like.
Speaker 1: He did you should there? Shut up, shut up, Dave. Hump Dave.
Speaker 2: By the way, Walkey says, he already follows me. So okay, okay, wonky, I believe you. I don't want to upset that.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe. This is the Threads episode. I didn't know. This is good.
Speaker 2: We got to do something, all right, this is important. Framber Valdez was supposed to start today now he is not. That line got pulled earlier today. I was doing stuff on sports grid TV, talking about some big Major League Baseball betting stuff and Framber that ankle. Now apparently he's going to start Saturday. But I would not be holding your breath for Saturday, folks. If I'm the Astros right now, I'm creeping back into that West race. Alvarez is going to be back soon. I tell Framber, why don't you just chill bro through the All Star break and.
Speaker 1: Come back one hundred percent? I'm telling you, Bro. In fact, I use the word bro when I talk to him.
Speaker 3: If I hope you do it like that, like, hey bro, bro am Bro Valdez, Frambro get.
Speaker 1: That I thought you were going to say.
Speaker 3: By the way, I thought you were leading into the twice a week Astros need to trade for Edwardo Rodriguez. I thought that's for that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's coming. We'll talk about him.
Speaker 2: Let's do the rookie lookie first, Bobby Miller four runs but seven strikeouts, got the w over the Pirates.
Speaker 1: That's good. Francisco Alvarez two for four, game tying dinger. Let's go.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Grayson Rodriguez might have been dropped in your league.
Speaker 1: I gotta look at the roster percentage again.
Speaker 2: I want to say it's somewhere around like fifty ish percent, depending on where you're playing. Rayson Rodriguez struck out twelve guys yesterday. Everyone struck out twelve guy yesterday. I don't know what was in the water, right, Pablo Sega. Grayson Rodriguez, so a triple A had twelve k's yesterday. He's gone four to oh with a one to eight, three ERA, fifty one strikeouts, twelve walks in his last thirty four innings. So it's Grayson Rodriguez time. And I love this Orioles team. They are the Orioles and the Reds feel like they are going to be the team to watch in the next two to three years. And I don't think I'd ever say those words, but it really feels like that.
Speaker 3: Well, this is what development is all about, you know, get your picks right, get them into the right position to succeed. This is what you want. This is what every team, especially small, smaller ish market teams that aren't going to compete for, you know, seven hundred million dollars show heyo, Tani's you have to build with within and you have to make the right choices. Diamondbacks had done that with some of their guys. The Reds are in that spot. The Oriol Colton Kowser we didn't even talk about, by the way, got a hit, and I think it in his very first game, So there you go. Look very branded. Nimoish too, by the way, on that hit, that's it.
Speaker 1: So interesting comp there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that was what I was kind of talking about with him. So you know, Orioles, I completely agree, and they've got got They still got a couple of guys. There's Jackson Holliday might be the superstar of all of them. Connor Norby is an infielder that still hasn't come up. Pitching is getting a little bit less, but I completely agree. Grayson was a guy that I was trying to hold if possible. They wanted to secondary stuffed. They wanted him to be able to command that secondary stuff. So that's what he was down there working on. It's still a big power fastball guy that you bet on for show.
Speaker 2: Rest of season. Grayson Rodriguez or Tyler Glass. Now who would you rather have?
Speaker 3: Glass?
Speaker 1: Now that's what I figured what about next year?
Speaker 2: Who would rather have Tyward glassnow and Grayson Rodriguez at a keeper league?
Speaker 3: Glass now because glassnow are going to get a healthy season in front of him. Like I think Grayson's gonna be great, but he's you know, there's still some inconsistencies and stuff like that, Like he's he's got to go.
Speaker 2: Trying to think of a guy who's a little volatile, who's had some injury, like you want the guy on the way up or the guy that you're just never sure what he's going to be any gain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I understand which you Maybe it could have been like no, it would be a bad one. Sayablo, Like Pablo has had a lot of inconsistencies. I think he was just amazing. Ye can't do Maybe Nick Lodolo or Grayson Rodriguez. Lodolo is suffering from injuries.
Speaker 2: And with bol I like Loddolo, but Grayson Rodriguez I would go. By the way Tim made me laugh in the chat, Tim said, Joe's gonna lose his mind if Tommy starts following the mets On threads. Yes, I will, I will somewhere around November first.
Speaker 3: That's gonna wait a minute, yes, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, this is the thing. We've got to figure out. Who is the who's the first athlete like baseball player. I guess that does the all. He unfollowed everybody on threads. That's you know, I don't know they made it. Once an athlete gets some news.
Speaker 1: About you, and when you unfollow somebody on threads, that's what happens.
Speaker 2: Uh. So let's get to the injuries. A lot to get through here. Dansby Swanson was removed yesterday. He's not in the lineup Today's dealing with that heel contusion.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Story of Ruiz is going to undergo X rays on that shoulder from Wednesday's game, could tell Marte was out yesterday, but it seems like just a day of rest for.
Speaker 3: That base playing second base today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's back in the lineup today. Also for the astrosseel tuve GM says that they're basically going to shut him down through the All Star break, which makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Let's be very careful.
Speaker 2: I told you I'm really worried about al two by physically going forward as another guy. If he comes back this year and looks good, cash in at the height and look for some of these younger players. Rowdy Telez Tendail with a right forearm inflammation. That's gonna open up at bats for some more guys in the Brewers lineup. That just the Brewers are such an enigma offensively, I just can't figure them out well she can at all. Zach Greiche on the fifteen day IL. He came out the other day with the shoulder issue. Well shoulder ten tonightis and Adam Wayne Wright to the fifteen day IL with a right shoulder strain. I think the waynewright train is about to set sail. Fun fact here Welsh h Murphy Sean Murphy from the from the Atlanta Braves. He becomes the sixth Brave this year to have fifteen or more homers. I thought that was an amazing stat Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean their offense has been insanely bombers.
Speaker 1: Guys, and with the halfway point, you.
Speaker 3: Get like a mediocre pitcher and you're gonna find me looking to bet on that. You know whatever, it's going to be four or five and a half team total runs. I want to play that all day every day. It's not gonna cash every day, but it is going to cash more often than not, because that offense is insane.
Speaker 2: Who was my favorite brave in fantasy draft season? Do you remember h Ozzie to talk about all the time?
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. We'll to talk about Alsie albi season so far because i'd like to.
Speaker 3: I felt, I think projected forty plus homers right now at second days.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember second base was a wasteland and Ozzie Alby's was a value and all I did was right about Ozzie Alby's and talk about him all the time.
Speaker 3: He was nine.
Speaker 1: He's good, that boy good. I just don't understand. It was the two.
Speaker 2: Years removed from this phenomenal fantasy season and he was injured and everybody soured. I don't get it. I don't understand. It wasn't like he was thirty eight years old or something like. You just go, wow, I'm giving up all hope. Makes no sense to me, Well none, I don't understand. But yeah, it's a lot of guys on a team with fifteen homers at the All Star break. For Frick's sake, all right, let's get through three up and three down for Frick's sake. Finally, I think Frick is one of the Peanuts and Crackerjacks in our chat. Alex Cobb six scoreless inning seven, K's got a w over the Mariners, another team you control for strikeouts. Manny Machado signs of life two for three with a homer. It's like the second time I feel like he's been in the three upcolumn in the last week or so. Dean Krama, who, by the way, completely sounds like the bad guy in any late eighties early nineties college colb maybe.
Speaker 3: Even could be like, oh yea, I know you're right about that. Yet he's got the Dean in percent. He'd be played by Jeremy Piven and like eighty eight.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, PCU is such a good movie. Underrated college movie. PCU is so good. By the way, it's amazing how much more hair Jeremy Piven has. And now it's great to see him actually doing the hair Club for men commercials because everybody.
Speaker 1: Knew he really, oh no, he is. He is the Scotsman. Now, good for him. You know, if you're gonna do it and you say, hey, I did it, embrace it. That's fine. Like he's out of the club.
Speaker 2: He's not allowed at meetings anymore, like not that like this club like he can't hang out with us bald guys anymore. But good for you at least owning up to it, because when he was twenty five he had.
Speaker 3: No hair like Erlacker doing that sea like.
Speaker 1: No Urlacker is even more disturbing.
Speaker 3: Lacker and Sena, we're probably the most jolting people I've ever seen when they went from bald to hair. It's really, really, really worrisome.
Speaker 2: See Lee knows we're not gonna prot PCU underrated college coming of age movie downs yesterday. Bobby wit oh four three ks, Ryan McMahon over four three k's and as Welsh pointed out yesterday, don't throw Edwater Rodriguez off injury back into the fire.
Speaker 1: He did have seven strikeouts, but he gave up five earned in four innings.
Speaker 2: Welsh, it's that time again. It's time to pick some prizes. So let's do that for the people.
Speaker 1: Make sure you sign up for Prize Picks, download the app or go to prize picks dot com. Use that promo code leading off. It's very important.
Speaker 2: Sign up with leading off one hundred percent to posit match up to one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Welsh, what do you have for the people today.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, let's prize pick them. Let's go with fantasy score eight and a half. Diamonback's kind of getting just beat up. I can't imagine he keeps going. Carrasco Era doesn't look so good. Corbyn Carroll has been vibing, so we're gonna vibe with him. Eight and a half Fantasy score. Also, Pete Alonso pretty good. I was kind of tempted for him on the Homer today. I'm gonna go with total bases one and a half and then maybe an obscure one no run first inning for Yuri and Jack Flaherty. I'm going with no run first inning. Total score in that game is eight. We're gonna talk about them here in a little bit as well, So I'm gonna go with the nerfy Uri Flairty, with Alonzo total base and Corbyn Carrol score.
Speaker 1: I want to let everybody know too.
Speaker 2: Right after this, Welsh and I recording a Home Run Derby special for Betting Pros, So if you haven't subscribed to Betting Pros YouTube, we're gonna break down the brackets there and talk about our pick. So if you want our Home Run Derby picks before you get to Monday, that's the show to watch. It'll probably be out tomorrow on Betting Pros. So subscribe wherever you get your pause. But just go to the YouTube channel and click subscribe over there and that will all be up. Probably on threads too, by the way, Oh yeah, they followed them.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to thread all of the needles here to get it.
Speaker 1: Threading the needles for me, tan or Byby against the Royals, six k's over. Let's go, let's go Royals.
Speaker 2: Don't let me down now, Nadi Ivaldi five strikeouts over. I'm also pairing Nadiavaldi with the Rangers to win today. That's a nice little pairy and get you to two to one. Both of those things are lower in terms of the orse, I say, more juice. So you put them together, you get a positive two to one. That's a good day at the office.
Speaker 1: Just go and bet that. Also.
Speaker 2: Corbyn Carroll eight and a half hitter fantasy score against Carlos Carrasco.
Speaker 1: Let's go from the betting standpoint.
Speaker 2: As I mentioned before, Cubs even money, so let's go right to them on the money line, especially Milwaukee missing some guys. I mentioned Bibie again, that's the number. I'm going with the over on that one. And same thing with Nadia Ivaldi. Put Nadiavaldi with the Texas on the money line, you go put a couple units on that.
Speaker 1: I think that's a really good return. What do you have today on the betting line? Welsh?
Speaker 3: That interesting? I swear to you, I don't even look at your bets or any of the things. And we have things.
Speaker 1: No, we never look at each other stuff. We show up here and we just do the show's percent right.
Speaker 3: Do want to point out three and o day on the bets yesterday? No big deal, smashing Sega, smashing all of the Atlanta bets that I had on you, and I had that plus money one, which is the total runs three and a half to the first three b You've did that alone, No big deal. So today here's what we've got. Corbyn Carroll hit run RBI. It's two and a half, but it's plus one ten one homer gets me there. The reason it's two and a half is because when Corbinkerrow gets on base, he scores runs. His run score is like minus one fifty or sixty if you want to just bet him scoring a run. So I'm going hit run RBI plus money on Corbyn Carrol. The strikeout one was interesting because I like Evaldi and you mentioned the Cubs. Because I like Stroman. You can get Euvaldi's number lower. You found the plus money, but at four and a half it's really juiced, like one fifty. I think Marcus Stroman four and a half strikeouts really juiced.
Speaker 1: So what do I do?
Speaker 3: Put them together? One eighty one is now the number. I bet it right before the show. Just pair them together, get plus money, and then I'm going with I mentioned that Saint Louis Miami game. Saint Louis Miami through the first three innings two and a half under total runs between the teams, So under two and a half first three Saint Louis and Miami then be the bets.
Speaker 1: The skinny parlays. That's what I like.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 1: You know, if you think that a guy is a.
Speaker 2: Pitcher is going to go out there and dominate, then there's a good chance that picture is going to get a W for that team, or that team is going to get a win when that guy takes the mount. So invest in the pitcher, invest in the team, get yourself some better odds. Don't add three other things to it. Just keep it simple.
Speaker 1: Put a bigger number. See that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like people will take twenty bucks and they'll spread it over five different things. They're taking the twenty bucks and putting it on one thing that they really like that day and doubling their money.
Speaker 1: That's a much better day of investment. And I know it's very tempting to put up there.
Speaker 2: You put that out the dollar bet oh ookod I could win one thousand dollars. But you know what if you keep doing the twenty dollars over and over again, and you're doing it right in the focus betting, eventually that twenty turns to forty, and the forty turns.
Speaker 3: The eighty and nin ways to do this, and I agree, I don't do those. The best advice we can give is like, don't ever do parlays. But I do like to play some parlist for plus money, and I like twos. That's why you see me do twos rarely three or though I will say the hit parlay yesterday, Springer didn't play, so we looked like we were hitting. We hit all the hard parts. But that's the stuff, you know. Two piece parlays is kind of fun. But yes, focus, focus, focus on your bets instead of betting a million things.
Speaker 1: Look at JP.
Speaker 2: JP watched my UFC show over on the Betting Pros Tide too, which is very good even if you're not like a huge fan, but you want to get involved in that. Mike Iirado is the best in terms of fantasy and any sort of gambling DFS anything when it comes to MMA stuff.
Speaker 1: He was fantastic as a guest. And in August we're working on Daniel Cormier coming on the show along with him. That's gonna be really cool. So that's gonna be a really fun show telling you betting pros. A lot of fun stuff happening there.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna be doing the NFL like five days a week over there come football season, so we are gonna be crushing that. So let's go for some more fun here with another one of our sponsors. Because we love so rare MLB. Go to Fantasypros dot com slash collect sign up for free today. It's fun, it's cards, and it's a great way to interact with the other Peanuts and Crackerjacks join the league. Fantasypros dot Com Slash Leading off League. Your cards are yours. Forever you create your team, you can go and manage it, just like Dynasty, but it's with Baypall cards and they're digital, so they take up no room in your house. Nobody's gonna throw them out accidentally and make you upset. What might make me upset is if Tanner Biby's not good today because I got a lot of investments in dfs today. Tanner Bibby nine point two, k Nadi Evaldi in cash, tanner Byby in tournaments today.
Speaker 1: That's what you do. And Franbervaldez is out today, so we're not gonna be talking about him unfortunately.
Speaker 2: The Yankees, Diamondbacks, Dodgers. I love these kind of like six game main slates. It's my favorite because it's limited, so you can have like tunnel vision. Just get the things right, don't worry about being different, Just be right. Buyby and Eovaldi Yankees, Diamondbacks Dodgers. Clabor Torre is still two point eight, Alvarez is still two point seven, and Jeff McNeil two point five. I'm going with Jose Ramirez for my home run call today.
Speaker 3: Welsh, who you got I actually really like that one. Today on the home run call, I'm going with Corbyn Carroll actually tempted to go bet Alonzo, but I'm gonna go home homegrown boy. Right there, let's get the camera Corbyn Carroll. We're gonna stick with Corbyn Carroll today. He's going to do right, trying to get to that twenty marker before the All Star break. This would be number nineteen leading that team. It's crazy what he's done. I got a carrel on the home runs.
Speaker 1: I need some I have almost one hundred followers now on threads, so that's.
Speaker 3: Very We're over one hundred when I saw Sam w.
Speaker 2: I think it's ninety two. Oh no, I have one hundred and sixteen. I just refreshed.
Speaker 1: So there, I go.
Speaker 3: Listen, do the right thing, everybody, and go and follow me on threads. Well, let's make sure i'm above Joe by Joe's not here tomorrow. Joe won't be here tomorrow, so make sure by Monday that I have more.
Speaker 1: Please. I think that's great.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm gonna be watching WWE SmackDown live at Madison Square.
Speaker 1: Garden's going to be live.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fantastic event Alec Minoa day tomorrow with the Wonky Penguin.
Speaker 1: That is going to be must see television on the YouTube channel. Make sure that will be up.
Speaker 3: Late on Thursday night. I'll be up late Thursday night waiting to see if they drop the walk number. And I'm going to, like I said, responsibly, that everything I Owever, if it's one and a half or two and a half over.
Speaker 2: I will post pictures. I'll post pictures on threads on Twitter. New in this rang just dropped this morning too. For all you wrestling dorks out there like me, it's a good time.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. I could use a day off.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice to have, So I'm gonna take a real legitimate day off. Welsh is gonna take you through tomorrow. It's gonna be good times, and then Monday we'll be back. But again, if you want home run Derby stuff, you gotta go watch the Betting Pros. We're not gonna do it on Monday. No, no, no, We're gonna do other fun stuff on Monday. So Betting Pros is where you get the home run Derby information of where you want to go and where you want to place your bets on that So that'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh.
Speaker 1: I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, Joey you'll have the to day