Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to Hot Takes and hang Out. This is a continuation of my amazing episode with the gorgeous and radiant Abby Cowan. How are you great? You're great? Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I look right down the barrel.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, welcome back, welcome back. We just had an amazing conversation all about every year after in your career and all the things I loved you and never said this before. So again, everybody will listen to that one after this rapid fire around. Are you ready for the rapid fire?
Speaker 2: I guess so.
Speaker 1: We have all sorts of fun on my card right here, all sorts of fun.
Speaker 2: I'm really bad at making decisions.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't have to be fast. You just have to make a choice and then we can talk about the choice. There we go, that will help out. Okay, here we go. Ooh these are good? Okay? Hero or villain?
Speaker 2: Hero? Why because I like the people? I don't know, simple, I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm here for that book adaptation or original script.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's hard.
Speaker 1: That's a hard one.
Speaker 2: That's really hard. So I really have to choose one. I can't.
Speaker 1: I like literally about this moment where you are in your life.
Speaker 2: Well, book got adaptation because you know, we're here doing a book adaptation and it was great and it's been fun. But I also love an original script.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, both have We like both?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: Okay, which Delilah traite?
Speaker 2: Do you relate to the most her outward personality? I think like she's very I think when she was young, like, I relate to that a lot of her just being like just herself. Yeah, you were always that way. Oh yeah, I was bossy, Like yeah, I hate to admit that, but I one hundred was. Yeah, I was bossom people around on the playground.
Speaker 1: You were that girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I had like a come to Jesus moment of like, hey, yeah, I should probably take a step back, But yeah, I was. I was the It was really bullied though. That was That's the thing, because it would piss people off, in which I don't blame them. I would be mad too. But yeah, I definitely when I was younger, was a boss. A firecracker.
Speaker 1: Okay, we like a firecracker. Yes, we do team Young Love or second Chances.
Speaker 2: Young Love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was quick for you.
Speaker 2: I don't sometimes second chances really do we need to? I'm the type of guy, because I do that all the time.
Speaker 1: You do second chances?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like fifteen chances.
Speaker 1: When it came to relationships. I'm married now, but when I was single, like I never would go back with an X. I'm like, let's keep the X files in the cabinet and I don't want to reopen them like that was mine and even me personally. Everybody has a different thing. But I'm not the guy that's friends with my exes either. I'm just not.
Speaker 2: But does that go into young love or does that go into that's a good question, second chances.
Speaker 1: I don't know what do you think?
Speaker 2: Probably second chances? Right, because young love?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I don't know what it goes into.
Speaker 2: Yeah what does it?
Speaker 1: But it means I'm not opening the X file.
Speaker 2: Drawer, But an X is young love? Oh wait, unless you marry your high school sweetheart.
Speaker 1: Right right right?
Speaker 2: It could be either I like that, let's go with that, yeah, young love? Yeah, yeah, fair enough of like marrying your Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: If you could spend one more day on any set, which one would it be? And you can't say every year after.
Speaker 2: One more day? Oh gosh, that's so hard, that's so hard. I'm gonna go with Sabrina just because it was like it was my first ever cast experience, and those people I mean the world to me. So I would say Sabrina. But that's really hard because I loved playing Bloom. Yeah, I loved Redeeming Love like I would I would love to go back. I'm gonna go with Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Is there still a Sabrina group chat? No?
Speaker 2: Not, all these years later came it was called the Coven, but no. Actually, sometimes people will like text in it randomly.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, okay, are you a group chet girl or no?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, like you're the quiet one in the chat?
Speaker 2: Usually yeah, I just don't even check it. Like it's bad. I get overwhelmed. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then there's like forty five men. How do you jump in?
Speaker 2: No you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So talk about social anxiety. Woh yeah that's a lot. Oh yeah, that's a lot. I get it.
Speaker 2: What do we call that text anxiety? That too? Oh my gosh, it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I get a text and I go and then I put it aside.
Speaker 1: You're a text?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta like be forced to.
Speaker 1: Are you a voice?
Speaker 2: No text or regular text or voice?
Speaker 1: You like a voice?
Speaker 2: Yes, I love you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stuff on my team's getting used to them. Gen Z might not be all about them, but I really I love a voice text. I'm a millennial.
Speaker 2: It's more I think like a voice text.
Speaker 1: Gen Z's not into it.
Speaker 2: Phone calls give me anxiety. I don't know why. Like if I get a phone call in I'm like, and then a text is also, and then a voice note.
Speaker 1: Is okay, thank you, I feel seen and too. We're just going to leave that right there. We're gonna do that one right there. What was your first reaction when you got the role of Delilah.
Speaker 2: I was shocked because I did my audition out of my parents RV, so I was in Florida and they they're like big RV people. I was talking about this last night when my showruner. I was like, why did you Like? I thought I bombed it because the A C was blaring, the Wi Fi was bad, and I was like, I have no because in my house in Florida, well, my parents' house, the Wi Fi was down. So that's why I had to go out to the RV. And yeah, I had to warn them ahead of time, like with all these execs and everyone on the zoom. I was like, I'm in an RV. It's not really the AC keeps shutting off and then turning back on, and it was like it was a disaster. So I was shocked. I was shocked that it worked out.
Speaker 1: Wow. And it was a live audition on zoomah Wow, not even like a tape.
Speaker 2: The first was a tape and then yeah, it was live.
Speaker 1: You did something right, Clearly it worked. We'll see it worked. Okay, Well, what else do we have? Which moment from the story felt the most emotional to film?
Speaker 2: Most emotional? I mean there's a few. I would say when teen Delilah it finds out that she's pregnant, that was my heart like broke for her and what she was going through, like the loneliness around it. And then I would say probably when she broke down about her like actual the truth of her life and saying that she forgot her stepmom's name and she deserved better and all that, Like I think that was like a big She's like cracking open in that moment.
Speaker 1: H you have some powerful moments thanks very layered character, which I think a lot of people are responding well to, which is awesome, Which why a show or film over the last few years, did you really gravitate towards You're like, Ooh, I'm into this.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be I couldn't get myself to stop watching Life with the Walter Boys. Honestly, not gonna lie. I kind of stay away from watching a lot of YA because I'm I've been in it, m you know interesting, I don't yeah, like it's almost like too close to home, like where I then start to overthink and I don't want to bring that in too work, which is also why I kind of watch reality TV because I'm like, it takes me out of the work. You do the work I do. Yeah, but I still get to like learn about people and some stories, right, I just get to see people be crazy.
Speaker 1: I think that's actually really interesting and I like that, and I think it's I like that, I'm here for it. We're keeping in it. That's okay, It's just the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, been a part of it.
Speaker 1: You don't think about it from a work perspective, but if you're in that world and doing it, you will. You don't want to be informed on how to do your job when you're in it.
Speaker 2: Now, you just don't think it and you get in your head and it's like I mean, but that's what also I've realized too, is like I'm the worst actor to interview ever because I don't I grew up watching movies and TV obviously, like that's it was a big inspiration for me. But my love for acting came from playing outside and having to like create scenarios and because I grew up on a farm in like yeah, the middle of nowhere, and that's like what I don't know sparked my love for acting. And then when I got into it, I for some reason, like I just I kind of stopped, which is really bad, but like I can do maybe a few movies a year, like like really sit down and like get through them. Yeah, but also because I end up feeling that like emotion that it gives me for like weeks on end, Like I still can't stop talking about Hamnet, Like I watched Hamnet and I I've watched it at least five times now, Like I am obsessed the same with scenes from a marriage like these I but I couldn't get out of bed for like two weeks after. I was literally like I couldn't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 1: But that's an aggressive movie to watch five times, but those I am drawn towards.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't know why I want to break my own heart like tonight, like on a Thursday night, like what are you doing? But I do? And then yeah, and then I'm just like focused on that. But yeah, I also don't really want to. Yeah, like I'll I'll watch a few why are here and there? But yeah, I kind of want to stay away from It's the same way I feel with TV.
Speaker 1: And yeah, no, that makes total sense to.
Speaker 2: Get like fired from every job.
Speaker 1: No you are not. I think that's actually really interesting. And to wrap up rapid fire, let's bring it home with the reality TV question right now, maybe two. Are you a Housewives fan?
Speaker 2: Yes, but I haven't watched a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Your go to reality show is.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's hard. It used to be Bachelor Bachelorette. Have you seen fuck Boy Island?
Speaker 1: I have not that I've heard about it. Is it good?
Speaker 2: It is hilarious? Okay, Nikki uh Glazerah yeah she so she hosts it, so she's hilarious to begin with. But it's basically like there's I don't even like five five f boys and then like five nice guys. But they're all incognito and they're trying to like woo these three girls. And at the end they all stand there like it is I was dying laughing. They stand there and the girls like choose their guy and the guy reveals like, am I a nice guy or an F boy? And if they're an F boy and the girl gets it wrong, they send them to F boy prison and like like like to like to like heal them, and it's so funny. She goes nik, he goes F BOYF gone. And then they like have to go into like someone like they like put them into this like prison. And yeah, that was my that stuck out to me. Okay, I think they only did one season, oh maybe two, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why based off that description. Yeah, no, it sounds fun. I will go watch. I really hope that you can bring an adaptation to the screen of that. And if you haven't written the script, write it and star in it, because you should be in that and play the nickyer. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I want to play.
Speaker 1: Okay, you give me an boy, great, you give me an F boy. There we go. That's there we go. Oh my god, you have survived the rapid fire around. Thank you so much for hanging out and everybody go watch. Oh my god, I most said, f Boy Island. Everybody go watch.
Speaker 2: Everybody watch.
Speaker 1: No, no, everybody watched every year after. Thank you,