Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and well them to this addition to Zechgei's travel friends, because we get into some of the hottest friends in travel, which we will get to in our second act. But first, allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Miles, and I'm here with beca How hard You do anything good.
Speaker 2: I went and saw Raw Dog Jamie's.
Speaker 1: Show to her, yeah, get your copy, get your copy. I got mine. I got mine. Uh yeah, Raw Dog Jamie Loftus's book, which is really it's she's such a great writer and like just with that cliched phrase from The Simpsons, it's like she writes the way she talks. It's very easy to read.
Speaker 3: I haven't started yet, but the show was super because if you go, the show comes with it a book. So I only got my book yesterday. But the show is not like a traditional I would say book like read. You know, it's going to have comedy bits, You're gonna meet some hot dogs celebs.
Speaker 2: Right, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: You have some hot dogs celebs and then yeah, the tour continues all over. You should check out Jamie's social media's so you can see those dates because it's it's it's heading all over the East coast? Yeah, do you do? You all right? Anyway? Where were we at?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's trending? Florida or flow Rida is trending because flow Rida has just come out and said, look, you know, when people want me to do a private gig, the minimum is a million dollars for me to show up. And then he said, guess how many I do a year? Thirty? What at least? Do you think he's like, please that.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine thirty people willing to pay a million dollars of private time with flow Rider.
Speaker 1: I think he's probably done two for over a million, and then he's probably done other ones that are easily in the high six figures. I don't know if he's hitting a milli every time, but I do believe that there are people who are trapped in like the oughts and tens teens who have way too much money and like are high on cocaine. They're like, you know'll be fucking wild. There's a flow Rider did in.
Speaker 3: That Superbruters of Brian says he really thinks so that thirty people are willing to pay him over a million dollars.
Speaker 1: You'd be surprised how many artists are making their money like that now, just doing private little gigs. And they're like, man, fuck an arena because I can just go to some you know, autocratic nation.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then they're like, I don't care. I'll take Mohammed Ben Salmon's money. I don't give a fuck. But yeah, anyway, we have a friend who does like gigs like that, who's like, goes to do like I don't know, like you went to Mexico. I don't know who the people were that put it, who paid for this, but he's he's been many places with artists to do these private shows.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So anyway, and then it's a thing. It's a thing. I mean the same way like didn't didn't fucking be honestly go to like Azerbide. People were like.
Speaker 2: And that was like, oh yeah, I mean we all know.
Speaker 1: But again she's like, I'm a capitalist baby exactly.
Speaker 2: She's never she's never lied, she was so you know, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: She's like I never said I was about anything else except these dollars. I mean, I give a fuck about people, but I give a fuck about this bad So yeah, apparently he just did a bar Mitzvah in Lincolnshire, Chicago, which is like wild because weit hold on. This kid is thirteen, but he wants flow Rider there.
Speaker 3: Some kids are really in a nostalgia right now. Like I saw a TikTok that was like the Black Eyed Peas had their rent to pay when they dropped this song, and I was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, yea, yeah, all right, I guess so too. Like if you had so much money, you're like, what do you want? You're like, well, I want flow Rider to come to my bar mitzvah and sing low. Then I want Drake to do Passion Fruit and then uh Nicki Minaj to do I don't know whatever you know, but just make it happen, make it happen. And then somebody drops fucking five million dollars on a party. I guess it's just so wild too, because we'll never have million dollars flow right of money like that. No, but guess what. I can play a YouTube clip of one of his live performances very loud and they could feel like that, yeah exactly, And I got one too. We can link them up, you know what I mean? You bring your so nos, I'll bring my soas get the little ones, pair them up. We got three D audio. Check that out. Roman shirt is trending because everybody who was watching the Succession finale last night was loving Roman's shirt when he was hanging out of his mother's house in Turks and Caicos or Barbados, whoever the fuck that was supposed to be because apparently it's Walmart and everyone's like, oh shit, I'm getting that, I'm gonna get I'm gonna get on my fucking Roman Roy swag. So I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: Like this like turquoise blue with a yellow.
Speaker 1: Different paneling on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, am I a hater? I hate the shirt. I think it's so ugly.
Speaker 1: I hate all the clothes these motherfuckers wearing.
Speaker 2: I hate there was.
Speaker 1: A whole thing. I was reading this article from a stylist who's like talking about how codd like so the I mean, not coded, but like how intentional the looks are. Like everything Kendle wears is like it's always like for people who know who are like up on shit, they're like, oh shit, that's like a that's like a fucking eight hundred dollars ta he got on. Oh that's a that's a that's a fifteen hundred dollars neckerchief or whatever.
Speaker 2: And he looks or it's it's quiet luxury. I think it's also the other and.
Speaker 1: You look like you have no fucking taste. You just look like a paint by numbers whatever kind of person. But yeah, so people were loving the fuck out of that shirt, I guess. But yeah, I was like, okay, whatever do you If that's your style, that's what you want to be, go and be that. But it won't be me next up, let's keep it in Florida. Speaking of Florida, Casey Deysantis is trending. Do you know why Casey DeSantis is trending?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: Well, allow me to enlighten you. Have you seen some of her looks, like how she will go to like a very non formal event but like wear things like.
Speaker 2: This, oh white like she's in England.
Speaker 1: Yes, or will wear like capes to other just non like high pollutant events, being like what the fuck? What what's with all the white gloves and what's with the capes? And shit?
Speaker 3: No, it literally looks like she's trying to be a part of the royal Party.
Speaker 1: Like oh yeah, yeah, exactly, and like she would say it like that too, like not knowing what she means, Like I'm part of the royal party. Is that like a party you're invited to? Is that like the royal family? Are you talking about political royalty? She looks like she's trying to do like I'm a Kennedy's type thing. She's like, I'm Jack Yell in this.
Speaker 3: It is giving, jack yo, but it also is giving, like I don't know what's her face William's wife Kate Middleton.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's definitely budget Kate Middleton. But anyway, all that to say is Ronda Santis is sick of the fucking hater because he's like, look at my wife. I was like, do you want to just hear this guy fucking just whine about this shit. It's actually kind of funny because it's so this take is so fucking bad. Just this doesn't know why Ronda Santis is tripping because we just just so you know, she dresses like how do I put this? Like shit?
Speaker 2: Is this like shit?
Speaker 1: She has no fuckings fastest sense, miss me with all the formal wear and here's Ronda Santis is what with why this is a fucking an abomination.
Speaker 4: We knew that this would happen because if she were a Democrat, she'd be on pre fashion magazine. They would be making her to be the biggest deal. But because we're conservative, we know that that's not what happen. In reality. It'll be the opposite where they try to really attack.
Speaker 1: I mean, we will attack the style. We will not attack the person although.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not crazy.
Speaker 1: I will attack her judge of character. She's married to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it's just formalware.
Speaker 3: Is this formalware where you don't need formal wear sometimes? Yeah, some of these events, it's like it's like.
Speaker 1: When you do the most because you don't know how to dress, so you think doing the most is a fucking style. It is not. It's just doing the most, that's all that is. And that's what people are going to say. They're like, well, she's doing the most with that. Put the gloves and Kate, what the fuck is this girl? We have the fucking Panthers hockey game anyway, So yeah, like Brian Very, I mean, yes, we know. Just remember when Michelle Obama she had bare arms and everyone's like, oh, so she has the right to bear arms clearly and it's like, what the fuck? But anyway, I think it's okay because we don't have time to pay attention to her contrived her contrived outfits, as I would say, they're contrived, they're contrived completely. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be back with some travel trends after this and we're back. You heard of skip lagging, Becca, I?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So when we were talking about this off Mike, originally the title of it no, but then as we got into it, I was like, oh, I have heard of this on TikTok and I remember saving it and sending it to my partner being like never.
Speaker 1: We skip lagging. So this is what it is. It's also known as quote hidden city or throwaway ticketing, or what you do is you book a flight with a layover in the city you want to go to, and then you bail on that second leg of the journey. So it's like how you save Like apparently a lot of people been like swaring up and down, like you can save all this money. So like let's say you know you got a trip wherever like this this is the thing, and people do like, yeah, cancel that next trip. And then you and the city you want to be and you got it made in the shade. But apparently now the airlines they hate it and they say they are cracking the fuck down on it because they're like, hey, hey, hey, don't take advantage of our arbitrary pricing systems. You fucking you, clever motherfuckers. We don't like that. But again, yeah, they said they are really going to they have like tools and shit to like flag these types of travelers because they are costing the airlines. I guess a pretty penny, but I don't know, miss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems very silly. Skip blagged is its own company and why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who are who? They were like being like, yo, do it like us? They're like, we'll book your like just make sure you cancel this shit.
Speaker 2: We'll book through them versus like an orbits.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but hear that, I think with the view and to me, like, where are you trying to go? Okay, yeah, you should skip lag it over there to get the best price on your ticket to Kuala Lumpur or Amsterdam sting.
Speaker 3: So anyway, skip blagged The company got sued by United's in Orbits for seventy five thousand dollars in lost revenue, which is truly not a lot of money when you think about how much each plane ticket costs and how many people are on a plane. It's like maybe one to two planes worth of people for the year.
Speaker 1: That's like half of first class on a transatlantic flight seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: So it seems petty as shit.
Speaker 3: But I did see this go viral on TikTok a little bit ago that was very much like you are being warned. These were people that were stitching these hack travel hackers, you know that are like, this is what you do to save a buck, you know, telling them about skip lagging. They were being stitched by airline workers that were like, you will get blacklisted from airlines if you do this, So like, at your own risk to save a ndred couple hundred bucks, go for it, but be warned that you may become on a light risk, like people.
Speaker 1: Will warn if that somehow a corporate will put you in the same category as someone who's trying to take down an airplane, Which is good because you fucking you found a loophole. Man, fuck called man, I'm the skip lag like a motherfucker, you know, what I mean. I mean, I will not do that, because we will.
Speaker 3: Not be doing that. I'm a loyal We have to stand up.
Speaker 1: We have to stand up, you know what I mean? You know, because like airline flights are getting so ridiculous, the seats get smaller. They're trying to yeah, and they're also just trying to nudge everybody into like paying more. They're like, hey, man, you could say you could get our regular seat. Uh, but if you're if you over five seven, you're gonna break your kneecaps in here.
Speaker 3: Literally the way you've broken up business and economy and the up charges between business and economy, and like, I feel like even economy there's an economy and economy plus now, and like that's stupid. Like the difference between economy and economy plus is like you get to choose your seat in economy plus like a couple of inches.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like and also like what's wild though, two And it's like or you get our moffuck credit card and then we'll look the other way, but we'll get you into our own like debt cycle. But you know you get your credit card through us anyway. All that to say, let us know your tips and Also, if you work at an airline, holler at u zech and what's the deal? Can I really be put on a fucking no fly list? Skip lagging? And I'm sure they say, like, well, it's hard to know, like what your intentions are if you are you ticketed to there? Like whatever? Miss me with that like national security shit when I'm trying to just secure my financial baggage. Okay. Next thing up is bed rotting, which like which sounds a lot like the like live flat movement in China, but bed rotting apparently is like according to the New York Post and like, let me know, gen Z listeners if this is a real thing. But it's a new self care trend of basically saying just lie in bed, you know what I mean, as long as you need to to kind of get your shit right and then get out when it's right for you.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, as I'm reading the article here, some people are bed rotting while binge watching Netflix, stuffing their faces with sugary snacks, or simply staring at the ceiling, while others are falling a bit more into the clean girl athetic, doing face masks, sleeping on silk pillow cases, and meditating in bed personally as someone who gets the Sunday scaries, and I guess in theory bedrots, I don't know if I recommend.
Speaker 2: This for your mental health, how great time I do it.
Speaker 1: I'm on, well, yeah, this sounds like me in a depressive state when.
Speaker 2: Episode.
Speaker 1: That's me being like, man, I don't even got the will to get about this motherfucking bed. I get though too, if you are so. Like the more sort of charitable explanation is one where it's like it helps you reclaim some physical time that isn't tied to like toiling or whatever. So like, yeah, just fucking do you whatever the fuck you need to don't get out that bed, Like I get that, Like I see that. I thought it might be more of like a protest to it, being like, why the fuck should I get up to participate in this motherfucking society. I get them, and I believe.
Speaker 3: Is very important. But as someone who has suffered a lot of mental health crisis, I just make a man be talking. If you can get a therapist, talk to a therapist and get in the sun as early as possible in the day, if you can wake up, not look at your phone, go for a walk, or at least you don't even.
Speaker 2: Have to walk too much.
Speaker 3: Just like sit outside in the sun. You'll feel so much better.
Speaker 1: All the part of me like low kis like man with a bed ride and feel good as a motherfucker.
Speaker 3: I know it feels good in the short term, and then in the long term you're like, I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you this as as a new parent, I'm like reading about these like gen Z people like, yeah, I just.
Speaker 5: Get in bed and I just fucking just lay there, watch TV, eat ice cream, and I'm like, man, I wish I did that, But then my baby, I'm trying to get the baby to bed rot too.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, you need to do that.
Speaker 2: That is that's RESTful, that's important.
Speaker 1: No, but it's you know, it's all right. I think, look, getting me walking, I'm getting more steps. You know this, this little thing has improved my life for the best. It turns out I'm not bedrotten anymore. And then finally, Little Mermaid one hundred and seventeen and I have a million dollars. Over a Memorial Day weekend. On the other side of the internet, I saw people who are big fans of Bert Kreischer, that stand up comedian I'm not particularly big fan of He had a movie come out and like everyone's like, everybody got to go see Burt Kreischer's movie, and they did not do well at all. It's just thinking like a motherfucker and anyway, and they were like, what the fuck are people gonna go see Little Mermaid when they're just a genius film by burre the Machine. Yeah, I'm like, Okay, maybe because it's a film that's like taking place in Russia and not very critical of Russia, right when they just unilaterally decided to invade another nation. I don't know, maybe that part Schoolboy Q. But yeah, Little Mermaid fifth highest Memorial Day weekend of all time. But you know you already know the follow up because there's because there's black people. Yeah, but like people either like you could do the non racist thing and be like, oh my god, Ursula's makeup was foul, that shit was trife, or you could be like full on mask off racist and get mad at Halle Bailey. But either way, they're laughing their way to the box office. Yeah, you know, doing bof phone numbers. So I haven't seen it. I don't know if I will. I'll probably see it. I'll catch it on the airplane. I just can't. As much as I love like, I love Little Murmot, Little Mermaid is like the first one I really fucked with as a kid, because that shit came out like right as I was able to like be old enough to go to a movie theater and be like, oh this ship, Yeah, I'm rocking with a Little Mermaid. But the remakes, I just every time there's been like a live action one, I'm like, no, I'm in noah lad No.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate what this like Little Mermaid stands for. And the reactions I've seen from uh, you know, young black girls on the internet has been so sweet, so wholesome. I am excited for all of those young kids to be experiencing a princess that looks a lot more like them. But I have actually a hot take. Always hated The Little Mermaid before Halley Bailey, not not how I hated White Little Mermaid. Like I don't know what it is. I have a thing with underwater seed creatures. I don't like their movies. I didn't like Finding Nemo, I didn't like Dory.
Speaker 1: I like how you said it, like we're on some like problematic right, Wing podcast. You're like, I don't like their movies. I just the underwater people.
Speaker 3: My mom like laughs, I mean she's like, yeah, that has been a theme in your life, Like you.
Speaker 1: Just don't like higab or something like I.
Speaker 2: Am very afraid of the ocean and.
Speaker 3: Because it's so big, yes, and we don't know, like there's like we only have discovered like five percent of the ocean.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, you really do.
Speaker 3: We're gonna wear shoes at the beach, like in the water because like I will freak out touching the sand.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, person wearing water for you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it when it's rocky, but like I go so it's because you got the he b g B.
Speaker 3: You're like no, no, I'm like I'm gonna die, like something is gonna sting me, Like I'm gonna go down, like okay, crocodile, dundee.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like it's just scared.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, look, uh that's that's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: But I'll probably watch it on a plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, plane movies, that's that's all the time. You know, it's at altitude. We have so much time to plane rot as we do. All right, y'all. Well, that is gonna do it for us today. We're gonna be back tomorrow, you already know with the whole episode. So until then, take care yourselves, take care of each other, you know, do all that safety shit, because this world is a fucking mess. Take care of each other, especially if you see people trying to discriminate against some fucking marginalized group. We don't have time for this shit anymore. Please, There's too many of us that know this bullshit, too many of us, so you know, just let them know they're outnumbered. All right, y'all, We'll see you tomorrow. Take care, Bye bye,