Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious. What's up your charlamade?
Speaker 3: The cap piece to the planning this Thursday.
Speaker 4: Good morning, how y'all feeling out there?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, black in holly fad, but happy to be hell another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 4: Good morning to one and all.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 4: Just how you feeling?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 6: Ain't gonna lie to I do not like riding past people that drive the bikes. They don't look and they don't use their lane. I try it, No, they real slick. They swerve off like for real, But I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like it when you can hit them. I just want to tell you that you cannot hit them.
Speaker 6: I know I tried. That don't mean anything that you can't. They supposed to, yo, that's why they have a lane. That's crazy. Like you know, like the buses got a lane. They in their lane.
Speaker 2: Why don't y'all drive in the lane that's built for ya?
Speaker 4: Do you hit your horn loud and aggressively? You can't control the volume.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I speed up on a back way and everything, and they just don't care.
Speaker 4: Ye don't do that.
Speaker 1: I was actually driving with a person one time in Jersey and for whatever reason, as soon as they got in there, I can't stand these people in these bike lanes. And they hit the gas. And when they hit that gas, they ended up hitting that person. Oh my god, And what happened the person that rolled over?
Speaker 4: What did he?
Speaker 1: And you know, they be like they like, it's a bunch of it, it's a crew. He kept driving just for two seconds. Oh my god, you had to pull that thing over. Yeah, yes, it's funny.
Speaker 7: I hated the bikers until I became a biker in COVID because I started riding like I wasn't. I was riding bikes miles thirty forty dollars a day and then I started hitting driving.
Speaker 3: Yeah all day.
Speaker 4: The reality is staying.
Speaker 1: I told us that yesterday stand your lane, and your lane ain't getting no wider bikers.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, it's definitely not. Because the bikers got to deal with everybody in their lane. They got to deal with walkers, pedestrians, they gott deal with people on skateboards and all that so sometimes you got.
Speaker 1: To veer round a little bit to get back in the crazy part. That's what their safety, that's the ill part about it. Like forget what we're saying right now, stay in your lane for your sake.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, good morning, guys. We got Pretty V joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: My girl.
Speaker 3: She has a new book, The Pretty Victory, one hundred day guy to recent to yourself.
Speaker 4: And find your purpose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we was in Brooklyn last night at Powerhouse Arena having a great conversation about Pretty V's new devotional, The Pretty Victory.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna be chopping it up with Pretty V. Also, uh, we got a salute.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Today's Rihanna's birthday.
Speaker 2: Happy what.
Speaker 4: They don't have an age.
Speaker 1: Dropping the clues buther for a sat man, I'm so glad you got found out guilty.
Speaker 4: You'd be six sitting in prison right now. Yeah, on girl birthday?
Speaker 9: What I know?
Speaker 6: I keep calling him his wife. I keep calling her his wife. Hey they not married, Odie? Oh no, for some reason I thought they did. I thought I heard that, So I don't think so either way. Thirty seven thirty seven, Yeah, okay, birthday, all right, Well let's get the show cracker.
Speaker 7: We got front page news. When we come back, we got to re rejoint. All right, we'll go down on my happy birthday. Rea is the breakfast club. Good morning, Owning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne to God. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Good morning Morgan, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning, DJ MV, Charlomagne God and Jess Hilarious. How y'all doing on this Thursday.
Speaker 4: Friday, best Black and highly favorite morning? Good good?
Speaker 2: All right, so top of the headlines, guys.
Speaker 10: President Trump addressed the Future Investment Initiative Institute Priority Summit in Miami Beach on Miami Beach, Florida. The summit, which is hosted by Saudi Arabia's Soeign Sovereign Wealth Fund, is described as a gathering of global leaders, innovators, and visionaries aiming to tackle the most pressing challenges and opportunities. He spoke about the Russian Ukraine War, where he once again blamed Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski for starting the war, and he also talked about securing the border and said more tariffs are on the way. Let's hear more from President Trump at that event.
Speaker 11: I'm going to be announcing tariffs on cars and semiconductors and chips and pharmaceuticals, drugs and pharmaceuticals and lumber probably and some other things over the next month or sooner. And it's gonna have a big impact on America. We'll bring out our businesses back. If they don't make their product in America, then they very simply they have to.
Speaker 2: Pay a tariff.
Speaker 11: But if they do make their product in America, they don't have to pay any tariff.
Speaker 10: And of course there's been some drama surrounding President Trump and Ukrainian President Zelensky. As mentioned, President Trump continues to criticize the President Zelensky on social media. National Security Advisor Mike Walls spoke about the relationship relationship between the two leaders and after Trump called Zelensky quote a dictator without elections and a post on truth social now, Waaltz slam those who criticized how the president is handling the Ukraine Russian war.
Speaker 2: Let's hear more from National Security Advisor Mike Walls.
Speaker 12: Well, it's one that's that's frustrated right now and clearly is going in the wrong direction. But what President Trump is focused on is ending the fighting. A lot of the same voices demanding a ceasefire in Gaza and in the Middle East are now what criticizing how we get to a ceasefire now in Europe? And I got to tell you all those voices will quiet down when we get to that ceasefire and when we get to a broader deal.
Speaker 10: So Trump also describes Zelensky as a quote modestly successful comedian end quote, who talked the US into going into a war that couldn't be won. Of course, this comes a day after Trump suggested that Ukraine started the war with Russia. He also said the Ukraine Russia war is more important to Europe than the US and noted we have a big, beautiful ocean as separation.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on that, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, My thought is I hear people, you know, repeat the things President Trump said, but they never correct him, like Ukraine didn't start the war, right, like Russia launched the full scale invasion of Ukraine in February of twenty twenty two. So, I mean, I don't even know why people repeat that without, you know, adding the fact that that's not true. Well, nobody ever corrects Donald Trump he just keep it. Nobody ever corrects him.
Speaker 4: That is true?
Speaker 2: Now, that is that is true.
Speaker 10: What do you guys think about these talks, these negotiations and whether or not you know Ukraine is involved.
Speaker 1: Ukraine should definitely be involved in the peace talks like that don't even make any sense, Like you can't you know, that's like having a negotiation for your contract and you're not at the table, like you're not talking to your agent, you're not talking to your manager whoever it is, or if you're at your job, you know, negotiating something, you'd be sitting at the table negotiating it for you.
Speaker 4: So, yes, Ukraine needs to be sitting at the table.
Speaker 7: But I would be very fairful if I was Ukraine because obviously we can see Donald Trump has no respect for Zelenski or Ukraine and he's gonna do what he wants to do regardless. So you know he's he's gonna make this deal on behalf of Ukraine.
Speaker 10: All right, So moving on, we do have an update on an executive order, and appeals court has ruled President Trump cannot end a birthright citizenship for now. The US Constitution says anyone born in the United States becomes a US citizen, an amendment Trump has been trying to overthrow with an executive order. When a Seattle judge banned that order, the Department of Justice filed an emergency request to lift the ban and in birthright citizenship. So on Wednesday, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled birth's right citizenship will remain the law while the case moves forward, with arguments slated for June. So we will continue to update you as a June comes around with that. But as as of right now, if you were born in America, United States of America, you are safe supposedly all right.
Speaker 1: You say that you hate it, stupid. All I've read above the law. You don't care what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Aint.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't trust that. I stay in the house. Whatever you've been doing, okay, have you been getting low? I would stay low. I'm just feel that's probably you see what I'm saying, what she born in?
Speaker 2: I ain't no excedent.
Speaker 9: Like go home? I mean what doing like?
Speaker 3: I was like just playing too much.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hurt to have a drill, right, I mean, yeah, you know you.
Speaker 7: Got off your chest eight hundred five eight five one O five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one O five one, call us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Wake up, wake up.
Speaker 4: It's your time to get it off your chest, your matter blessed. We want to hear from you on the breakfast glass.
Speaker 13: What's up from Houston?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 13: Well, my name is Brittany, but you know the whole world named Brittany.
Speaker 4: So oh b he said, B. I'm sorry, but I just.
Speaker 13: Want it's twenty nine degrees. I am over this cold weather? Can we like you, bank, we ain't take this?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: You're ready for it to become springtime? So you can complain about the heat the way you complaining about the court.
Speaker 13: You know what, I just moved Houston from Dallas, like literally six months ago, and I'm not ready for the heat. You're absolutely right, but I take the heat double cold.
Speaker 3: I need to Houston heat different. What's the humidity is high? It's hot, man?
Speaker 2: What's the degrees right now? There?
Speaker 4: She's twenty nine?
Speaker 2: Oh twenty nine, it's twenty nine degrees?
Speaker 15: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I love y'all man, Well, guess what New York is quote it's nineteen degrees right now.
Speaker 15: Yeah, y'all made for it.
Speaker 8: I ain't mate.
Speaker 4: I'm from South Carolina. It's cold.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm we not made for this.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, Brittany. That's just say it's gonna be snowshowers this morning. Yeah, it's a little bit snow.
Speaker 2: I'm from Baltimore.
Speaker 5: I made for this.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: It's your boy?
Speaker 15: Love you from the born in breakfast?
Speaker 4: Well, happy birthday, love you, love you. What does shrinkers look like for you?
Speaker 15: His breakfast?
Speaker 1: I'm asking because it's cold, and I mean anybody that's joined us love you has all?
Speaker 4: How long is your phenis?
Speaker 5: Love you?
Speaker 4: You tell us thirteen and a half? Okay, So what do shrinkers look like to you?
Speaker 16: Thirteen and three quarters?
Speaker 3: Damn okay, he's at a dirt God, God, birthday, God, Happy birthday.
Speaker 16: Love respectfully, But I have a blow push back against my breakfast bus. Tell me something I was talking about yesterday as a single four. For you realize there their role resources for a single four. My truck transitioned down for months.
Speaker 17: I didn't.
Speaker 16: I've never caught in and put in my cash app, like, yo, yeah, healthy. You know I jumped on the transit.
Speaker 15: Do what I do.
Speaker 16: I still got to get the kids to work, make breakfast, get their lunch ready.
Speaker 15: I never I never quart it, but but there's never no love for a single four bus.
Speaker 16: So I really want to put a little love out there for a single four If you want a.
Speaker 8: Healthy but our cash my cash app?
Speaker 16: Did l O V E y x X.
Speaker 5: Hell man?
Speaker 1: Please, you got a thirteen and a half inch penis you betta go out there and do some porn or something.
Speaker 4: You use that money, use what God gave you exactly. I love you. Did you have your threesome for your birthday?
Speaker 9: Bro? Yes?
Speaker 17: I did.
Speaker 16: Let me let me put you on the game. Though, lady, get so into lady, you almost gotta at the end, you almost gotta be like, yo.
Speaker 17: Y'all, remember I'm here right So at the at the end, after after they're satisfying, they just laid there together and like it's like, you know, you know what I'm saying, It's like they mad in it.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I love to please my teens.
Speaker 16: That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm definitely not giving no money to someone with a thirteen and a half inch penis, who's having threesome?
Speaker 5: You living life?
Speaker 4: You live in life that you put in your cash about there? Oh please yeah.
Speaker 16: But but on a bigger note, Charlie Man, I caught to shoot my shot at you. I know it's not faky Friday.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, You're no poor.
Speaker 2: We want to say that bad cos I've.
Speaker 16: I've been doing radio like you for twenty years and I would love.
Speaker 15: To bring my All Love show to the Black Effect.
Speaker 16: I would love to be just send you my rezie. You can tell Addie to get my email or whatever. I would love to send you my resie.
Speaker 4: I would love to get on Black Effects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eddie will give you uh, He'll tell you the people to reach out to the pitch something you can you can reach out to you.
Speaker 4: You can reach out to Donnie Chanel. Yes, thank you, love me all right, love a good berthe treat.
Speaker 16: You my guys.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, get it.
Speaker 2: Off your chest.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blasted, so we put out the same industry. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 16: Hello, it's just Calvina.
Speaker 4: Count Calvina, get it off your chest time.
Speaker 19: I'm Covina. I'm living in Georgia, but I'm from New York. Shout out the road there clean. Hey, I'm gonna see a day. Uh working to get my nursus license. But I just want to say that if you ain't in the love and feeling like, if you don't want to really take care of people, don't go into the nursing field.
Speaker 15: These nurses be so brudo.
Speaker 16: They don't really like the DNA.
Speaker 19: It's just like I just be feeling so bad for these residents because it's just like people don't care no more.
Speaker 4: I agree with that with any public service.
Speaker 1: If you don't care, don't be a nurse, don't be a teacher, don't be a doctor, don't be a police officer.
Speaker 4: If you don't truly care about people and have no empathy, don't go in those fields. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: That's shit.
Speaker 16: That's what I wanted to get on my chest. Shout out to New York, Shout out to Valdosta, Georgia.
Speaker 19: Shout out to all the nurses and na for the nurses that actually care and ain't charlomaye. I didn't even say, hey, y'all, ain't charlmaye adad.
Speaker 15: Everybody?
Speaker 4: Good morning. Well you have a feeling a good day.
Speaker 3: You live by the way Snake Road on two thirty second round there and by the park.
Speaker 16: No, I'm talking about Valdosta, Georgia.
Speaker 4: Okay, where is it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, I told you said Rosedale, But Rosdale's and Queens Queen I about sick, oh sick?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so you're all from Queen.
Speaker 13: Yeah, from Queens for real.
Speaker 16: I've been down here and enjoying the work twenty years.
Speaker 3: So you forget about your home. I say Snake Road and two thirty second in the park.
Speaker 4: You don't know none of that.
Speaker 9: No more.
Speaker 4: Huh oh over there.
Speaker 16: The airport not too far from the airport.
Speaker 4: Now you know? Now you know you have a good day.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you had to give me a reminder.
Speaker 4: All right, have a good one, you two. Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this hi?
Speaker 8: I just wanted to say happy birthday to my fellow ribbian, Queen Rear, and also happy birthday to my daughter Jamie's. It's her birthday also today, and I would also like to say happy birthday to my niece who made me an aunt, Jesse. Happy birthday to all three queens. I love you guys and have a great day.
Speaker 13: And to the Breakfast Club. You guys make my drive to work amazing and entertaining.
Speaker 6: You're doing an amazing girl. Thank you, babe.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Thank you, guys, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We got just with the mess coming up, but were talking.
Speaker 6: About Yes, sir God, he was laid the rest yesterday. Some of the biggest names in the industry came past to give their respects. We're gonna break it all down, all.
Speaker 7: Right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning. Everybody is TJ Nvy just larrys charlamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club. And like you said, it is Thursday.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 3: I am glad my daughters ain't got no dance this weekend.
Speaker 4: I get to relax.
Speaker 2: You got cheerleading this weekend.
Speaker 4: No cheerleading competition this weekend, thank god. But you're working this weekend.
Speaker 2: I worked this weekend, be in tamp I gotta go to La tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Nough.
Speaker 2: I got some things going on in LA, and then I go to Tampa Saturday.
Speaker 4: Were you at in Tampa Saturday?
Speaker 6: I'm my heart Rock is on Sunday, but I'm going there a day early. But yeah, herd Rock Casino this Sunday at eight.
Speaker 4: So yeah, go get your ticket, get your tickets official doctor. That's right. Well, let's get to jest with.
Speaker 2: The mess you is real, whether it's lais just ca Robin Moore, just don't do no lines.
Speaker 17: Don't do that till I.
Speaker 1: Talk talk those stats, world why jests, worldwide mess talk on the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 4: He's the coaches ship.
Speaker 18: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that.
Speaker 2: Nobody could get you to see this time to set it off. So not one dry eye in the building at IRB's funeral.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that according to reports, which makes sense because I think a lot of people, you know, from everyone I've talked to who knew IRV Gotti personally, if you got a story, you got a story, Yeah, thank you. Look at you to knowing what to do with the mic. If you got her, if you got a story. You got a story, right. So yesterday IRV Gotti's funeral went down here in New York. It was It happened at Greater Alan A and Me Cathedral Church. It was a private ceremony, but there were videos that surfaced online. In attendance, you had all of his murraying crew, Jaroul Ashanti attendant. I know some people were wondering if she was actual, you gonna make it out, Lloyd, Charlie Baltimore, Jay Z, Gail Kings, You Style Hype, Williams, Binny Boom and Martinez, the Rough Riders crew. But of course with y'aro being there, he stood up and he spoke to give his final words to her. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 14: But I just want to say I love every one of this root moms touched every body and in your own ways and whether the body has to win, I took that and so me on here celebration of your life because it will live on. Five love your brother to see what I get to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he was. He was obviously really emotional. He had on some glasses in the beginning of his uh the Euligi Daddy did he took the glasses off, just wanting to make sure that he was giving a proper respects and he spoke to the family and talked about you know, not irb is is at peace.
Speaker 4: But they were brothers.
Speaker 7: I mean he got you know, he got him signed and started from the very beginning, and they were very tight and do thick and thin, and they were they were real brothers. So definitely rest in peace and condolences.
Speaker 6: And I wanted to ask you Envy. They also gave IRV like the little ride through the neighborhood, you know how what they did with Nipsey. They gave her a ride through through Queens one last time and they took him past his neighborhood home. But they also took him past a parking Queens that they said was like really instrumental.
Speaker 3: In his Yeah, so's he's from Hollis. But he got his start as DJ IRV in the park.
Speaker 7: So IRV got his start DJing the basketball tournaments, DJing the park gyms and the park things.
Speaker 3: He would just go up, set up, and back then it was no money. You just DJ because you just enjoyed DJ.
Speaker 7: And so that's how he got his start and meeting everybody in the you know, locally in the streets, because that's the way everybody would congregate. They would go to the parks and ball out and meet girls and girls and meet dudes, and that's.
Speaker 4: Where he got to start DJ.
Speaker 1: You know what I was thinking too. You never know what people's relationships are behind the scenes, like we don't. We don't really know these people. We just see interviews and we just see moments, so we assume things. But if you have issues with a person when they are alive, but you love them enough to go to their funeral when they pass, and maybe you don't have to issue as you think you have with the president, so you should probably smooth that out.
Speaker 4: While I agree, you.
Speaker 6: Know, I agree, And I think that when when I mentioned that Ashanti was there and people were wondering she was going to make it out. I remember when he first when earth gott he first passed away, people were wondering if a Shanty would say anything publicly about it, and she she actually did take the time to say and she talked about how she couldn't believe that things ended like this and she always wanted him to be at peace. So I think to your point, Charlotte, like when it gets to this point, it's like, what's really important here? And it was her showing up for him because he did do a lot for her in her career as well.
Speaker 4: Started as well.
Speaker 6: Yes, prayers to his family. I say fifty was picking on Meach again Little Meach this time. Yeah, yeah, well yeah, Little Meach this sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He posted and was talking about the fact that he found he had to put Little Meach in rehab at some point, allegedly. So he posted saying I'm going to read the actual quote for a second. So he posted saying I thought about I thought about it. I think he was uncomfortable with me and Mimi's relationship. He's talking about Little Meach, talking about Big Meach being uncomfortable. I'm telling me me, I don't want him doing drugs. He's telling him, uh, he's I don't know what this means, something about using x X feel he said. He's telling him to chill, stop spending your money. He's telling him how much money he blew. People don't know. I had to send me media rehab. Russell horns be peeped. He was high on set. He started throwing up at weapons tests, and then Ian told him. Then then someone told Fifty that Little Meach hat whippets in his truck. Fifty said that, he said, I said water whippets and he looks and it's the stuff that Being BB guns. So he's saying that at some point Little Meach was allegedly showing up to set high and it was to the point when it came to substan Subu City, I had to send him to rehab.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 6: But the crazy thing is, though, like I've been seeing Little Meat lately since him and Fifty been going, you know, like because they have n't going back and forth since, been picking on him right, and he had been looking high. But I thought I just noticed. I just thought that because Being was like his everything, and that's that's gone now. You know, it's like a beef, you know that he's that he been thrown in and he ain't got nothing to do with, so that will push him to get high. I'm thinking that that's why he'd been looking high lately, but he would just be chilling. I think the crazier part about this is that Fifty is basically implying that his dad it was influencing him to do this. Like I think that that's the crazier part to do drugs.
Speaker 2: He literally is.
Speaker 6: He's basically saying like, because his dad flaunted his drug use. At one point, he was encouraging the bs that the Sun was doing, and he's saying that Big Me didn't like the fact that he jumped in the middle of it to try and like help the Sun.
Speaker 2: I thought that that was.
Speaker 6: Crazy because I'm like, that's his son. Why would he want him to you know what I mean? But I don't know. People are like, well, what is fifty steak in this? But he's saying, yo, I helped this family make over five million dollars.
Speaker 1: I just want you all to know, going from god his funeral to any story about fifty cent is absolute insanity.
Speaker 4: That is crazy.
Speaker 2: Picture that.
Speaker 4: I can see walking from the games in respect to her. Sorry, I don't even think.
Speaker 6: About the.
Speaker 2: Job at y'all didn't even say nothing.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 6: That was not purposely done. I was trying to wait for a photo for my second story and it had coming.
Speaker 4: People don't think you being messy.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not being messy already think that exactly, and that is all your fault.
Speaker 4: We don't blame nothing on me. Crooked Wave Productions.
Speaker 6: Production Productions pana face boodle, don't play with me.
Speaker 3: But to close up what you were saying.
Speaker 7: That's the reason why people are saying, fifty is that upset because he's allegedly put.
Speaker 4: The young man in rehab. You to continue in the store.
Speaker 7: You just I'm just closing it out because we're all over the place that he put that young man in rehab. They gave that family millions and millions of dollars, and he was upset with what they did and how they came out.
Speaker 4: So that's the reason why they said it.
Speaker 6: And we were not being petty, and that is just with the message running shows.
Speaker 2: Thank you, hand to face, don't get mad.
Speaker 4: Alright, alright, alright.
Speaker 7: When we come back, we got front page news and then Pretty Violl be joining us. He has a new book, The Pretty Victory one hundred Day Guide to resent to yourself and find your purpose. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club owning everybody's DJ Envy Jess hilarious, Charlamagna.
Speaker 7: God, we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get back to some front page news. What's up, Morgan?
Speaker 2: What's up? Is the first friend? V Alon Mons?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so he says he will ask President Trump about a proposed doged dividend that's Department of Government Efficiency. He made the comment in a post on ex his social media platform, saying he was responding to an investment firm ceo who pitched the idea of a tax refund check for five grand to be sent to every taxpayer funded by savings from the Department of Government Efficiency after its expiration in twenty twenty six. Now, mus Musk added on, Obviously, the president is the commander in chief, so this is entirely up to him.
Speaker 2: So basically what he's saying is all these cuts, these savings.
Speaker 10: That those is going to implement, maybe it'll come back to the pockets of the American people in the form of a tax refund checked of five grand.
Speaker 2: What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 1: I think this is why this administration is better strategically at politics than Democrats, because you know, you look at it. Monday, there was protesting, the screechs about what Trump and Elon Musk are currently doing to the federal government. We know twelve thousand federal workers have been fired and discriminately. People are seeing me in competence of what he's doing because he's firing people that we actually need to keep our country safe and thriving. So you know, when those protests started Monday, to calm any civil unrest, he comes out and says, I'm gonna give you give you this five thousand dollars tax credit because I'm finding out the government is wasting your tax payer dollars on nonsense. So I don't want to take this money and give it back to you. Nobody's gonna question anything they do in regard to dog. If he does, that sounds amazing to me.
Speaker 7: And if a tax payers out there that old money and you get a five thousand dollars tax credit, people.
Speaker 4: Don't love it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was gonna say, definitely sounds like stemmy two point zero. So all right, guys, switching gears to aviation news. Delta Airlines is offering passengers on Mondays Toronto bound flight that crash landed thirty thousand dollars each. A Delta spokesperson says that offer comes no strings attached and does not affect rights. Twenty one people were injured in the incident at Toronto Pearson Airport. The regional Delta Airlines flight from Minneapolis was carrying eighty people on board thirty thousand?
Speaker 2: Is that a good settlement? What do you guys think? I mean no strings?
Speaker 4: That means no strings.
Speaker 7: I mean I could suit regardless, right, So I get that thirty thousand, and then I can sue. So I ain't got a sign off.
Speaker 1: No, they're not gonna just get them that thirty thousand and let them not be able to sue.
Speaker 14: LA.
Speaker 1: They're gonna they're gonnaive them that thirt thousand and make them sign something so they don't see later.
Speaker 19: And it says no strings.
Speaker 2: Delta spokesperson says, no strings.
Speaker 7: Attached, right, Yeah, would tell anybody to get an attorney to just to double check. Like Charflabay said, you don't want to get that thirty thousand, then you can't sue. But if it's thirty thousand dollars for my inconvenience and scaring the issh out of me, and then I can still sue.
Speaker 4: Yeah I will.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, there's no way they giving these people thirty thousand dollars and not gonna make them sign something so they can't come back as who lives.
Speaker 4: There's no way.
Speaker 9: Yo.
Speaker 10: We'll continue to watch that situation bringing things home to you guys in New York. A judge a New York City. A judge in New York City says Mayor Eric Adams federal corruption case isn't yet make He's not going to make a decision on the case or whether to drop the charges as of yet against the New York City mayor. Judge Dale Hoe ordered Adams and the Department of Justice officials to appear at a hearing in Lower Manhattan to discuss the reasoning behind the DOJ's order to dismiss the case. For now taking the stand, Adam says he was innocent. The mayor has been facing calls for an ouster over allegations of quid pro quo for his cooperation with the Trump administration's cracked down on immigration in exchange for tossing the charges now. The order triggered the resignations of four deputy mayors and several federal prosecutors.
Speaker 2: There's no word on when a decision in the matter could be made.
Speaker 10: Host says He'll take everything that was said in the hearing under careful consideration, and I will keep you guys posted as to what decision is made by Judge Hoe regarding Mayor Eric Adams. But meanwhile, Governor Kathy Hochel, well, she is speaking out about President Trump right now. So the White House made an illustration. They posted an illustration of Trump wearing a crown. The caption of the post quotes, congestion pricing is dead Manhattan and all New York is saved.
Speaker 2: Long Live the King now.
Speaker 10: That was taken from a post on truth Social by Trump. The illustration is reminiscent of Times magazine cover, and it shows a grinning Trump in front of New York City saying the words long Live the King in the lower left hand corner.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 10: Governor Kathy Hockel, she's defying over the Trump administration pulling the plug on New York City's congestion pricing program and has.
Speaker 2: Announced that the state is suing.
Speaker 10: At a hastily called news conference on Wednesday afternoon, the governor was especially worked up over that tweet, following his actions Trump's actions.
Speaker 2: So let's hear more from Governor Kathy Hockel.
Speaker 4: Long Live the King.
Speaker 2: New York hasn't labored under a king, and over two fifty years.
Speaker 9: We are not.
Speaker 2: Sure as hell.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna start now.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you love congestion pricing or hate it.
Speaker 20: This is an attack on our sovereign identity, our independence from Washington.
Speaker 7: We don't care now, we don't And I actually want them to pull congestion pricing. I'm kind of with them with this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congestion pricing is killing New Yorkers, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And she's trying to deflect from the fact that people don't want the nine dollars congestion pricing, Like that's not gonna work.
Speaker 4: Yes, two things can be true at one time.
Speaker 1: We don't want a king, but we also want to don't want to pay the nine dollars con justin pricings.
Speaker 4: And this ain't a big joke, a little joking.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 4: Okay, we don't want that at all.
Speaker 7: And people have been saying it, and people have been saying how it's been hurting them, and you know, it's it might be easier for Governor hol because she doesn't actually live in the city.
Speaker 3: It's like this, no way around it.
Speaker 1: No, it's just crazy for her to try to use that like it's the big joker, Like I got the big joker, Okay, Like, no, we don't want Donald Trump to be a king. But we're talking about these nine dollars congestion pricing right now, man. So that guy over there saying, hey, no, nine dollars justin pricing is not a thing.
Speaker 4: That's what we want.
Speaker 7: I did read something where they said, you know, they can coun keep congestion pricing, but the price is too high. Charge two dollars and fifty cents that nine dollars is You're really stretching New Yorkers. You're really stretching anybody that comes to the city, tourists, anybody from coming out of town, people that just want to see a Broadway play, go to a nice restaurant.
Speaker 4: You're stretching them.
Speaker 3: So they're saying, instead of charging nine dollars, maybe charge too fits.
Speaker 1: And I don't even know where it's at, so being and I don't know where it's at, Like you know, I'm driving a different car right hit with the rate. No, exactly, I'm driving a different car right now. So my easy pass is in my goddamn glove compartment. So when I go in through the tolls, I gotta go reach in there to pull my easy pass out. But you don't even know where the hell were at in New York with the congestion pricing.
Speaker 10: It seems like more people to your point, you guys, are there more people are not in favor of this congestion pricing and to your point, Env, maybe it just needs to be lowered. So we'll keep you guys posted. So that's your front page news. I Morgan would follow me on social at Morgan Media. For more news coverage, follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at BA your news dot com.
Speaker 3: Thank you Morgan.
Speaker 7: All right, when we come back, Pretty V will be joining us. She has a new book, The Pretty Victory. It's one hundred day guide to resent to yourself and find your purpose. And we're gonna talk to her next and don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Everybody is dj n V.
Speaker 3: Just hilarious, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest.
Speaker 4: In the belt we.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, no.
Speaker 3: Book, The Pretty Victory, one hundred day Guide to resent to yourself and find your purposes? Out right now?
Speaker 4: How you feeling?
Speaker 6: I feel so good, I feel blessed, black and just you know, obsessed with this book. Now you know, I'm just excited for this journey, like it came from a text message via social media posting and now just having my own book, Like, it's just it's amazing feeling.
Speaker 1: For sure, it makes sense for you to have a devotional book for affirmations because all you do is send us devotional and affirmations every day.
Speaker 4: Yes, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was literally on brand for your brand.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And you know what I love about it because we're just gonna jump straight into it because my self got other pressed.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 6: So you know what I love about it is you had said how to use this book. You said it took you one hundred days to start thinking new and doing new things. What are some of the things that you felt like you had to work on in those hundred days. What were that the hardest things that you had to overcome? Well, just not entertaining social media was one of it was fast. Yeah, I was like literally in my closet writing this, Like I literally was just like I was giving snippers on social media. I was like, like, I watched TDJ, So when I see TDJ sermon, He's like, stand on what you know. And for me, I'm a mind person. You know me, I'll be all in my head over thinking things. Yeah, but it's it was more of like, okay, let's separate from what I know that I'm familiar with, doing the skits on the table, entertaining, checking the social media, checking the DMS, engagements to like girl, you could just have this book deal and you need to get to it. Like so I was really in my closet. I had to separate, just sacrifice the social media, take that away for a little bit, and get locked in in my clouse and and just start writing. And I was just throwing little snippets on social media to see how people was going to react, and it just became a book. And I just had to literally write right right each day, you know, shout out to Nikki, shout out to Frankie, like just for helping me, because I still wanted to add like the comedic side, and you know, wanted to shot you know, Charlemagne like yourself, asking quotes like what makes you guys tour, trying to put it all together, not just be your typical devotional because everyone is not religious and everyone does understand you know, yeah this is so and I believe in Jesus Christ so you know, I didn't want to dumb that down neither. I needed to throw him in there. But it's for everyone. It's uni sac book, it's for the it's for the women as well, And I just wanted to really like tap into the other side outside of being funny for sure.
Speaker 2: There's so much why this for your first book?
Speaker 6: Though? Because Divana is a person that wears many hats. You you are not just funny, you do so many other things. Why not? Really?
Speaker 4: Is yeah? The first book?
Speaker 2: Geat a memoir? Like you said, why why book?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And no, no, no, not not even I well not even but when you are so for who you are because a lot of people don't know you are Divana XL.
Speaker 2: Who you say who you are in the book.
Speaker 6: I ain't trying to spoil it, you do, but you do say in the book I'm gonna save who I am for the next book?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? And why is that not the first one?
Speaker 6: I just for me? I just feel like I just have so much work to do, like that's not even there yet, Like I just need to like do so so much more. I'm just not there yet. And I feel like, let's put something out whether people could appreciate, you know, and I was like this devotion someone told me I had an interview. They were like, okay, well we just be like the funny bee, like this is just book is so serious that I was like, girl, you haven't even got the book but not even not yet, like you know, like I want to give you guys a part of me. And if this is what I have to do, I'm gonna be still. I remember what I had, uh we had COVID and I reached out to Charlotte when they I was like, oh, Charlotte'm overthinking. We ain't got to work there. Charlotte said to be still. I hated when Charlotte told me that.
Speaker 2: I was like, be still.
Speaker 6: I hate the world still because I get to think, I get to be in my head. But that's one of the things that to answer your question at the beginning, like I had to be still, and I hated it because I was like, this has to be written and the only person that's gonna write it is me and whoever else we hire to help me put it all together. So, I mean, I just wanted to put a devotional out because I was like, it's just necessary, like you said, it's on brand, and I just want people to hear my story everything that I've been through. You know, delay has never denial. I talk, you know, I talk about Hollywood in here. Just don't change, you know, and just keep going. And you know, don't be afraid to walk alone. The relationships I have friendships and people I've you know, dated, like how you just don't have to walk alone in your pain. You need God will send help people and angels. I talked about it in the beginning when I was so hungry in college. I had no money. I had no food in Miss Danian shout out to you know, Saint Agustine University, Hello North Carolina. He helped me, gave me fifty dollars and laid on his heart. God said, you didn't eat, and here's here's money. I just talk about all the propheticness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's in here that brought.
Speaker 6: Me to this day. So I just hope it. I know it's gonna help us. So you feel me. The mission is. I don't look at the numbers. I look at like, who am I touching in this season? And if that's what it is, We're gonna rock out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask you now your mother's have passed the crest.
Speaker 7: She so to talk about up with your mother being the pastor and you're still doing the funny skits and the outlander skits and but you still are so close to your faith.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my mom. Like again, her mission is to do what she has to do, but the ministry. But it's the thing we're doing ministry. Okay, we're healing, like laughter is healing.
Speaker 2: You know, outside of what we.
Speaker 6: Do is a gift. You know what Jess does on stage. I can't do what she do that's up there fifteen minutes, twenty minutes for the five I'm gonna be here, Like.
Speaker 2: Can we do some magic tricks? But that's what you're yo, I want to do some magic tricks, y'all. You know what I'm saying, Like that's me, you know, like gay, can we come on that?
Speaker 6: Like let me put the pink roll back on, Like that's just like I commend them for being in their purpose and walking in their purpose and being the legend that she is. Me on the other hand, I'm like, I'm gonna jump on some tables. I'm gonna be some be a personality these characters that I have and there's no judging, like just walking your gift and when God steers you other way, go do that too. But right now in this season, I'm just doing both. I'm balancing it all. I mean, people may take it serious, may not, you know, and some people you know, may not take it serious, Like, okay, should we trust in this character that has been doing this stuff for years now, she's writing a book.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it.
Speaker 6: So that's why everybody face I'm posting every day about it. I ain't on the table right now. I'm gonna just let y'all see what's going on, because respect this avenue. You know, we we we're doing a lot, but respect this calling. Until I decided to say, all right, it's been five months. Now, let me get back to what I'm doing and still carry with it because it's my brand, you know. But my mom, she loves me. She doesn't judge. She's like, if this is what you're doing, just don't do nothing.
Speaker 2: That's gonna take you away from God.
Speaker 6: Yes it, that's all. She not that type of mother for sure.
Speaker 4: And you saw out your first show last year when at the what you center stage? Yeah we was there, Yeah, you sold that out.
Speaker 2: She ain't she don't sell out. Yes, we're gonna.
Speaker 6: And that's the thing that we putting her on the road too, Like you know, we we added more characters. I was actually got talking about We're gonna put Shart on the road, you know, this year. So I'm excited about that. I was just trying to just make get this book going. But Sharon deserves a stage, like more people to see her in New York for sure. This is the pit of Biologymican people, so I want to bring her out here. But yeah, I wasn't afraid. My mom came up. She see me winding. She's seen me talk about people. She seen me up there, Karen On. So yeah, we just want to walk into that.
Speaker 1: You know that you talked about Jess and her gift of being able to do stand up like you know, stage plays have been around forever, you know what I mean. There's people that have made multimillions of dollars off stage places. Of course, we know the Tyler Perry's the uh uh, David Talbert, I think yes, David Talbert, I think yeah. But but but that's a lane that a lot of people, especially your generation, aren't in. You could easily be producing stage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and everyone tells me that they're like, I just got a text. I think that Tory Lanes, I know you hear me shout out free like he d m me the other day and was just like, yo, you could be producing plays like.
Speaker 2: You'rena be like.
Speaker 4: But yo, yeah, just gonna followed you too.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 6: Well she wasn't following me from she wasn't following me. But I love Meg and you know that. But I'm just telling you what he told me, you know, shout out to him like, hey, like I think you should do that. And of course Chrala told me too. I brought the idea to him like, yo, I want to do this. I want to do these plays, you know, I want to get my characters involved. But my thing is is, like I sent him out the devotion. I said, look, thank you so much for that advice. But we're gonna we act on it. We're gonna act on it. But I just I just want to make sure everything is right. And someone told me just do it. I think I'd just be scared of people just like, are y'all gonna show? Like y'all gonna come out? And yeah, that's how it was a Searon I was like, y'all gonna buy a ticket like you know what it is. And I was so nervous that day, but no for I know, I know, so that's why I just I went at it and just did it.
Speaker 3: All right, we got more with Pretty V. When we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, Everybody's dj n V just hilarious.
Speaker 7: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Pretty V.
Speaker 4: Jess.
Speaker 6: Now with all of the long list of everything that you've been doing, you also received your honorary doctor. Yeah, humanitarianism. I say that we're humanitarianism. Last year, I know, just said it should be a certificate, a certificate.
Speaker 2: I knew he was coming.
Speaker 9: I know it, I know it.
Speaker 2: Certificate is he?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 8: Did that?
Speaker 21: Now?
Speaker 2: I know you are proud of that.
Speaker 6: I'm extremely proud of you because you went to college your real life anyway, you got really you know what I mean. But not taking anything away from your honorary doctor, but did that moment when people were coming for you or you know, the backlash that you received from it, did that take away from like the enjoyment? Did that take away from you know the fact that it was a victory for you, that was still a victory that you received it did but it didn't right because, like I said, I wasn't the only one who received it. My mother received it that day, My brother received it that day. And I feel like there was there's a process. It wasn't like, Yo, what up can we honor? You're gonna get your doctors. No, I had to, like for a whole moment out, I had to get in this class and do works, put work. I just just do the whole thing before I got it. So I think it was that that moment dragged out for the longest. I was like, why are we still talking about the doctors. I didn't even tell ya I was getting a white coat. Like I didn't say, Charlotte comes to the graduation and just be here at five and be bring your wife and kids. Like I didn't say that I said and I said, I was gett a white coat. I got something that the community respect and honored, and I was feeling great about it, like all these great people got it. Usher miss Michael Jackson. I guess because I'm not in that caliber, it doesn't matter. And she's on the girl she's doing the skits and like we're not taking it serious, Like oh, they're just giving out this paddle to everybody.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 6: I was like, whatever I got, They see me, they acknowledged me, they gave my flowers. They shouldn't change the name. It shouldn't be a certificate dress. But at the end of the day, it.
Speaker 9: Is what it is. You know.
Speaker 6: I got it and I stood on it, and I know my friends were happy. You guys, I definitely ever was just like, let's get it, let's go, you know. So it's just for the next person, you know, like they may call you and say just we want you to be in the honorary delta. I'm like, I'm all four.
Speaker 2: I love that for you.
Speaker 6: A doctor's.
Speaker 3: This is what she might be.
Speaker 2: Akay yeah, ak ma car and we like jazz, do you not?
Speaker 6: I know, I did a whole video for you when you got this position for Breakface Club. The whole video was represented around just Hilirius because this is awesome where you're sitting you like this. It was no other person. I hit sel. I said, oh you that's Jesse, Like she deserves that seat. So even when you went gone with missing for the baby, I'm like, okay, we're just at you know, but again things have to come in and feel in for you. But this is your seat. So as a person sitting as a pretty v a Best Simone, and just as a jew Ski a Marco, these are accolades that were like, well, we're getting like and I'm just happy that I got it, and I'm happy that it's all my house stood up and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: I got one from South Carolina State. Just getting one from Baltimore City Community College.
Speaker 6: First of all, oh my god, you know I'm not getting anything City Community College.
Speaker 4: No, they didn't stand up.
Speaker 2: That's the community college.
Speaker 4: Don't do them like they don't got no damny want to give you an honorary doctor, you don't have that, and just get.
Speaker 6: That from the community college. We let like.
Speaker 4: He had to look at it.
Speaker 2: That's your clan.
Speaker 6: You're talking about about. You said earlier that you know you're talking about people you've dated in the book.
Speaker 2: And stuff too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I ain't say no names.
Speaker 2: Ain't no names in the book.
Speaker 6: She called to make sure I could throw a little. But other than that, where's the love life now? Since you don't always working on yourself and you had one hundred days to change and to thank newly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where's the dating status? Single and not ready to ming go?
Speaker 6: We is focused?
Speaker 2: We is getting to it.
Speaker 6: I mean, well, I'm on a mission right now to just focus on the pretty victory, focus on all the great things. Whatever I put down on picking back up in the season. I feel like like I'm just growing spiritually more like I'm asking God to cover my heart. Be open to new collection connections, but cover my heart, cover my borderlines of my ear gates. Like I'm just really intrigued, just having fun, like the skits, the comedic side, and I'm running with Charlotte told me it's like, yo, you are all purpose entertainer. I'm running with that, doing everything I could possibly do whatever I put down on picking back up. So right now I'm single. You know, I hear whoever like you hear me, Like like Miami Dolphins, Eagles, what they do, like entrepreneurs where y'all ask.
Speaker 9: What you know?
Speaker 6: Were working at a single?
Speaker 1: I want to ask both of y'all some you in just right because in Day nineteen you talk about following God's instructions right, So I want to ask you how do you know what instructions of God's instructions and whatnot? And I wonder about that in regards to the relationships, like just God say, you know what, that's who you should be dating or that's who you should.
Speaker 9: Be dealing with.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I feel like God sent me a man after his own heart. You know, me and Chris, we pray together. That's my partner. Just the first time I've been in a relationship where I actually feel like we're doing the spiritual growing together, you know what I mean. Like in other relationships they I'm not saying that I was dating atheists, you know, but I would initiate the praying. I would initiate, you know, let's let's read together. Let's you know when you know you sent me to of these right. He took one and he's like, yo, I didn't know she was doing the daily devotion. I said, yeah, well she sends me. He said, I know she was turning into a book, and you know, we started reading it. Like he he's very very spiritual, he's a Christian godfair man. And yeah, I do feel like God has spoke into to me and told me, this is this is the last person that you want to be with.
Speaker 2: This is the last and final relationship. This is the one, This is what I was preparing you for.
Speaker 12: I do.
Speaker 2: I do believe that wholeheartedly.
Speaker 6: Yes, I believe that for you.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 1: God told you this? If God told you, look, I don't want you dealing with nobody right now.
Speaker 6: See God is not the author of confusion. So whenever it gets a little rocky for me, I know that's not him. I've been in spaces where it's been confused, confusion, manipulat tip. I talk about that, conniving, just controlling, and that is not of God. Now, God will put you into situations for you to learn. It's a lesson like warning does come in for the destruction. Understand what that means, like it comes for the destructure. So I think in this season God is saying be still and be patient because you have tapped into different relationships, whether it wasn't good for you, you have tapped into different friendships that held you back. So I think in this season he is telling me to be still and wait on him. See key first, the Kingdom of God. I keep hearing that every time somebody called me to You're like, oh, you were in my spirit and this dropped in it. You need to read it. So I'm like, Okay, what am I doing that is moving too quick and not bringing God along so and and waiting on his answer. So that's why I said in the beginning, I'm just waiting on that soft whisper to move. So in this space that I'm in, I'm like, if it ain't of him, and if I ain't, if we ain't doing what we need to do, I don't want you. I don't care how much money you got. I don't care if you got the unit chain on.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 6: If the jebos is to the ground, I don't care if the tims is flapping.
Speaker 2: I don't want it.
Speaker 7: Or we got more with Pretty V. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club, Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V, Jess hilarious, Charlamage the God we are. The Breakfast Club's still kicking it with Pretty V. So question, what's the most important chapter in this book to you?
Speaker 6: The most?
Speaker 7: If you wanted one person to say, I wanted you to read this one chapter because I think this chapter is whatever, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love you, I love you, And because we don't hear that enough yeah, the household I grew my mother said it, but my dad was very slim to none, you know, Caribbean man, very hard, very like straightforward. You don't hear it as much, and then when you do, it's like I have to say it, all right, Dad, did you hear me? I said, I love you? I love you too. My father showed he loved us for sure, but it wasn't like I want you. I want you to tell me that. Because the trips and the gifts and the Christmas stuff and the BacT school clothes, that's cool, But I need to tell you who I fell in love with and they broke my heart. You know, I need you to understand like that. I'm hurting right now and I don't need to call my mentors in the industry to ask for advice. I want to call you first. So I Love You is my favorite day of the book. I don't know what day that is, but that's one of them. More because we don't hear it.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear it.
Speaker 7: How was that change you as a person? Do you say I love you to everybody now because you missed that, You didn't get that like you wanted.
Speaker 6: I do say I love you to a lot of people. But I also I think my heart is warm to people. It's like more open because my father was very closed. Yeah, like again, it was just all about making sure you're dependent your this. You become a lawyer, you become a realist. He didn't care about the comedy. He was just like that ain't gonna be like whatever until I showed him that I could turn funey into money. And so I showed him that I could do these things about my first home and help the family, you know, as much as I can. But I love you was not he didn't say that as much.
Speaker 2: Where's your relationship with your dad?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 6: We locked in, like that's my daddy, like you know, but it's just like being a Caribbean, he's everything's hard. Like it's just like all right, books, make sure you're in there, make sure you become who you're supposed to be. Don't do this, don't do that.
Speaker 2: But like me and my De's like my best friend had those talks.
Speaker 21: I did him.
Speaker 2: We had a moment one.
Speaker 6: Day in Miami and we was back and forth then like I was like in his space and like you need to respect da da da da so he texts me and my dad and my dad don't even know. I don't even know how you know how to text. I was like, is my little brother doing this for you? Or this is from your heart? And he was like, we just have to work on communication. That's the first time he understood my side and I understood his side, you know.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, how did you pick who you wanted to do your.
Speaker 6: I'm the impact that you guys put on my life. I mean before like I knew a rap was Charlotte was just like, yo, this show would be great for you. You know, the advice that I've gotten over the years from him, like keep going.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: I text Strala and I'm like, you love you, keep going, you two v keep keep striving. It's just the impact Jess. I watched her growth. I'm inspired by her walk again, Like I said, I can't do what she does. I think is inspiring to me. Issa, you know, taking a chance on me to be a part of her show and still speaking to me after the fact, like checking up on me, and you know she was gonna be one of my monerators, you know, for the book too. But her schedulings for people you feel what I'm saying. People who to come out, they way to do things like this is a pinch me moment for me. You know, I don't take this for granted. Like everything to me is like pure and genuine.
Speaker 21: I love it.
Speaker 6: And Shack forgive me the best advice. Every time I will respond in the blogs, Shack will hit me like literally two minutes after, you know, I how to call you, like yo, tell Shan to walk me up. So I think for me, it's more of like him, give me the best advice. Don't respond.
Speaker 2: You're a queen.
Speaker 6: You don't come off your throne for them people. And I didn't understand because I want to explain so much and he's like, NA, we're not doing that and do vall like that's just my dog. Kiara Share helped me when I was in you know, in my head during COVID. She gave me her aunt's counselor you know, therapist so I could talk to her. So shout out to Kiya's Share like I was really in a bad place in twenty twenty and she was just like, you know, look at the Bible. Everybody in there had a community suicide overthinking you had this in the Bible like this, You're not the only one walking through this space. Be like keep your head up and I'm gonna give you my Auntie's counselor so you could talk to him because I was afraid of it, Like I was like, I'm a church girl, like all you gotta do is pray and you'll be all right. But no, you actually need somebody.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about you. We'll put you in that space. In twenty twenty, just the COVID.
Speaker 6: You know, and I had COVID, and COVID hit me mentally. It didn't hit me physically. I was just in my head a lot the brain fog, overthinking stuff like just doing the most. And I kept calling mom, I think I need to go talk to somebody, and she was like it's COVID. Like it was bad. Twenty twenty was bad. Everyone was passing or at that time, and I just didn't know how. I didn't know how to center myself. And I think in that season is like get in your word, like God's pulling on you with some things. He wants to talk to you spiritually. And that's when I reach out to Kiki and she was just like, you know, I'm gonna tell you right now to keep going. But you know this is gonna happen, but getting your word, and I'm gonna give you my Auntie's you know, counsel, so you could talk to her. So everyone plays a part of my life, even the Victoria teach can. But like just everybody in here, so be small like everyone's in this book.
Speaker 4: Let's end on this. You say, if you're starving, you'll eat anything.
Speaker 6: Oh lord, if you're starving, you will eat anything. It's just it's just plain and simple.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: Again, you gotta wait and be patient, Like like I just said, if the opportunity come for me to do something that's off brand and I want it, and I feel like I'm not doing anything at the moment, and I feel like I need the money, or if I feel like I want to be at a place just to show the people that I'm working, I'll do anything. Down the line. It starts tending things and tending to brand and making you look crazy when you should just wait, be patient in this sceneson and just wait. That's the thing. Like opportunities have come to me to do certain things and I've said no, no, no, But if and I know I needed the money. I know I needed to do certain things. I know I wanted to put it towards a share on show or just my craft. But if I would have said, yes, I'm just doing anything just to do it, I'm not waiting on the process. That's what I just said. And I think day two there's a process before the promise. And the thing about it is we'll just go through. Try to go straight through that promise and it ain't doing nothing. It's just you just did it just because to seem to show your fans and your followers that you moving and you working. I'm out here with d but they got you doing all these roles. I remember a producer hit me out there and say, yo, I want you to be a stud and be like a lesbian stud in one of my movies. And ah, and I was like you straight, like I don't want to do that, bigger than that, like you know, like no shade, Like I don't want to put like give them stock out, like y'all straight.
Speaker 2: Like I'm good, Like I don't want to do that. Did you tell them I would do that?
Speaker 5: Crazy?
Speaker 4: You want to do this wrong?
Speaker 2: I want to be a study. You already know you study on these.
Speaker 6: Like lesbian, she a little a little let's she like wife beat on. I'm like, I don't want to do for me, but I didn't want to.
Speaker 7: Well, the book is out now, the Pretty Victory, and I think it's only right we leave with a prayer.
Speaker 2: Yes, a pretty prayer. That's cool. What a pretty prayer?
Speaker 14: Is it?
Speaker 6: Like a long prayer? Are we getting?
Speaker 2: Because you just got pressed?
Speaker 6: So it's upthing okay, period, Father God, we just thank you so much for today, LogD. We think you that you are so worthy. We just think you that you are so massive. We thank you that you are so powerful. Lottle God, Oh God, I want to say, thank you so much for what you're doing and what you're about to do, Little God. In these last and evil days, Lo God, they're scene in the unseen, the hurt and the unheard.
Speaker 2: Little God.
Speaker 6: We thank you for all the doors that you're opening, but all the doors that you are closing.
Speaker 2: Little God.
Speaker 6: I thank you for every soul who's around this table, Oh God. Yes, no God, keep her in perfect peace, log God. Let us know that she's seen, Lo God, let us know that she's heard, Lo God, every crid that she's cried, Lo God, as that you hear her touchdown on her heart, Logod, purge her into her greatness.
Speaker 21: Lo God.
Speaker 6: Is so much things that she wants to do, Lo God in this season, Lo God, so give it to her. Lor God. Give her the witty inventions, Lo God to do it. Lo God, bless h envy Lottle God. Keep him going, Lo God, Allow him to be the best father he knows how to be. Log God. Let him quiet the noise of God. Whatever he may be dealing with that we may not know in his secret place, Lo God. We just ask that you cover him under the blood Lo God, his kids, Lo God, Father God, do around of protection over his kids. Look got even his wife, Lo God. Many opportunities, Lo God will fall with his family.
Speaker 5: Lot God.
Speaker 6: Bless Charloah, Loo God. Keep him in perfect peace, O God. Anxiety, anything that he may be thinking about overthinking, Lo God, anything that he may be feeling like on the days that he may not express Lo God, Father God, we just want to say thank you, Lo God. Keep him Lo God. Other God. We just asked that you cauntiput Charlemagne's career, Lo God to higher heights. Tho God, It's never too late, Lo God, to do it, Lo God, Father, God, whatever he's writing down in his journal, Lo God, whatever he's thinking about, Lo God, him and his wife shall do Lo God. Even his kids will eat off of those. And if it's so, God and Father got the generations to come and to come, and every soul that's a part of Breakfast Club's team. Little God, bless them now and forevermore. And Jesus Mighty name, Amen, Amen. Intentional she is when she prayed, Yes right, it's pretty pretty pretty victory.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning morning, everybody. We are to Breakfast Club. Let's get you just with the mess.
Speaker 17: News is real weapons, her lines just carrib the more.
Speaker 5: Just don't do the lines, don't do.
Speaker 2: Talky talk the world.
Speaker 4: Why jes worldwide mess on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 18: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 4: Could get you to see. That's time to set it off.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what happens to love? All balls?
Speaker 6: But why did you go unto the table?
Speaker 4: Left?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: I dropped something so yesterday online prayers for the bar balls started going viraun. People are like, what the heck is happening and tmz din did a story. They got some exclusive details that he suffered a serious medical emergency. He had to get his right foot removed, and he's he's well, he's in great spirits. Dang the photo that I was waiting for last hour, So you didn't get the confirmation on which foot it's the right thing, because earlier she was like, it's either his.
Speaker 2: Right was left. I was like, he got another one somewhere. It has to be one or the other.
Speaker 6: I did, Yeah, she said, right, y' I'd be too like you are. I'd be so focused. I'm like, because what she said you.
Speaker 2: To, you just really want to make sure you got it the right or the left.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure he's in good spirits that I did want to show you guys the photo because I think when you hear it, because he's smiling but his leg was sated.
Speaker 2: Lord, then they have some love.
Speaker 6: We don't know what happened though, to answer your question, we just know it's a medical emergency that results in him and.
Speaker 1: Nobody has to disclose what their actual medical emergency is. But I'll be wanting to know for my own personally, I'm wanting to know. How do you event things like that from happening.
Speaker 7: Well, they they well, I'm not gonna say what they well know, because there was a rumor of what was online what they assumed it to be. They assumed it to be diabetes because usually black men have problems with diabetes, and usually with diabetes, they have to do that to your leg because you have pure.
Speaker 4: Poor beads, and why are they're dying poor.
Speaker 7: Uh nerve damage and poor circulation which usually is the reason why they have to take the foot off.
Speaker 6: When I heard it, I assume that, but I don't know that for sure. But I did assume that.
Speaker 3: When I heard I seen a lot of people saying that yesterday.
Speaker 6: Especially because he's been because you know, he was like such a big personality everywhere and then him cheesing right there, he's kind of not been as like like out out out.
Speaker 3: Well, he did what he had to do. He got two kids in the league and another kid that got a head record. Right, you got dollars. He's still staying on business just for five to.
Speaker 6: Speaking of somebody else standing on business while it was on Club. Yes, while I sat down with Shannon Sharp for Club, they talked about a ton of stuff.
Speaker 2: But they did get into you know, that was a long conversation.
Speaker 6: It was like it was like two hours, but it was. It was good though, from start to finish. I enjoyed it. But they got into a couple of things. So they talked about when Gilly's son was shot and killed and just how that day went. For a while on Gilly, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 20: We was at the radio station in Philadelphia and I'm in the bathroom. Me like, lo, jeez got shot.
Speaker 5: I said, what.
Speaker 20: So immediately I jump on the phone. I called you know, I call our family to fill up your police department. I'm like, listen, I put Gill on the phone.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 5: So we drive, he driving this car. We're flying up to the hospital and here on the VOI He's like, I'm gonna check it to m morning. This an other third.
Speaker 20: So when we hang up, meet him and Gil. He said, I'm on the Gil hang up. People called me back and said call me by yourself. Keep Gil off the phone. So we're dripping. We get to the hospital. Gil there, Jee's mom there, heybody up there. I had my phone on vibrate. People call me, he said, listen.
Speaker 4: He ain't make it.
Speaker 5: I put the phone down, put in my pocket. I attempted to walk out of the emergency room kill see what happened, because it what's up? Cuss, what's going on? Cuz? And I'm walking and he keep following me. He said, Cus, what's up? And like Grady said, He's gone. That was the most crazy I ever had to do.
Speaker 4: M M man. I watched that yesterday. That was Yeah, that was got Rich.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was, it was, it was and then there yeah. And then then after this, Shannon Sharp comes in and asks him about rumors about the alumni.
Speaker 1: That was a wild follow up question. That was that was ridiculous. I've asked some ridiculous questions in my day. Yeah, and I don't yeah that in that moment, that was a wild follow up. Course was crying.
Speaker 6: No regard for is you know, and then we're talking about your little cousin. This is your directly, Like, this is directly. I had all of y'all want to listen to it, but I mean, we don't.
Speaker 4: We don't have to.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He also got into a little Dirk as well too, because you'll remember that was such a big moment. So I'm not going to take revenge. Now Dirk is locked up, Let's take a listen to that moment.
Speaker 20: It's not about them listening. It's about conditioning. It's about environmental You could listen to everything that I say, but a lot of time, as I'm still growing, I don't have the resource is to remove you from the danger that you're up against every day.
Speaker 5: A lot of things. These young lovers they smart, A lot of them are smart, but their environment don't allow them to grow.
Speaker 20: Because I can't move out of this environment right here, and I know them dudes down them block, they want to kill me.
Speaker 5: I gotta protect myself. I want to kill So it's deep.
Speaker 20: And all we do is criticize young black male every way possible, but we don't bring no resources. So I can tell these young brothers this, that and the third. But they still got to take care they they they got to figure out the only way that they know. And in order to really take somebody to another level, you got to have time, energy and resources to deprogram them so you can reprogram them.
Speaker 5: The programmer was hit.
Speaker 20: The dehumanization of black people by black people were strong that we've done.
Speaker 1: I don't think y'all realize how special wallow Is and drop on the food bomb for Wallow that's a good black man right there.
Speaker 4: I love that brother.
Speaker 6: He broke down crying about like just you know, not being built away to like he doesn't ever want to cross harm to another black family, like what his family went through, talking about like just why he didn't retaliate when it came to his brother's death and just the way he explained it, and just I was like, man, Wilow is, like protect him at all costs, like just the mess God is.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: He's a violently protected We'll be saying protect people at all calls, but we don't protect our own like we should.
Speaker 4: But he's a vilely protected believe that.
Speaker 6: And they kind of got into that too. They talked about a lot in this interview. It was really good And the reason why this was brought back up is because, as you guys know, little Dirk right now is it's behind bars. He's waiting to face charges for a murder for hire in the killing up his brother. D thing knowing what she listened now alright or maybe not, you know you just like he said, like Wallot said, sometimes you know that's all they know, you know what I mean, no matter how much money you got or whatever, if you can't see you know, if you don't really have like a plan to put in place to help people do what they you know, help people elevate.
Speaker 2: And it really ain't going. You know, you can't expect from them that you can lead a horse to the water. What they say, if you can't make.
Speaker 1: Them drink, they don't even want to hear you, like, you know, you're trying to tell them what they should do, stay out the street, But are you putting any money in their pocket? Are you providing them any opportunity? They ain't trying to hear you if if you ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: And it's also you know, hurt people, hurt people.
Speaker 7: You know, you get to a situation where you're hurt and sometimes it's hard to express your feelings and you want revenge and you want revenge by all costs, and if people around you are usually saying, yeah, let's go revenge.
Speaker 4: And sometimes you need that person like a whallow, You need that.
Speaker 1: Person to be like yo, yep, because guess what you're still you're on back, You're in prison. Still, You're right, You're in prison. Still dealing with that's how trauma even worse now.
Speaker 6: But you know what's crazy, as Willow said, Dirk called him and said, yo, come talk to these people, like the people around him, like he wanted to get them straight because of that everything y'all are saying right now. So that's kind of an Irony and Dirk situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's a difficult one. But yep, like again it slew to Wallow. Thank all right, and that is just with the mess now. Also, just fix my mess.
Speaker 7: You could get on the phone lines eight hundred and five, eight five, one oh five one will start taking your calls.
Speaker 4: But we got Donkey to Day up next.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, uh, there's a woman in Savannah, Georgia. She went to a clinic called the Coastal Fraternity Fraternity Fertility Clinic, and they need to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 3: We like to have a word with them, please, all right, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. What's Donkey up to day?
Speaker 2: Damn he hogg.
Speaker 4: It's the Donkey the j I me ain't trying to be donky today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 2: Days called donkey of the Day, and it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of day today?
Speaker 1: Well, Jess hilarious donkey today for Thursday, February twentieth, it goes to the Coastal Fertility Clinic in Savannah, Georgia. Now I want to salute I don't know if it's Savannah, but it is in Georgia. I want to salute all the women out there going through IVF treatments. We know what IVF treatments are, right, the fertilization of an egg by a sperm outside the body. Women get IVF IVF for various reasons, infertility, age, genetic concerns.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of reasons that women get IVF treatments.
Speaker 1: President Trump actually signed an executive order aiming to reduce the cost of IVF on Tuesday. I believe that's a good thing, right, But what if you are a woman who is out there trying to get pregnant through IVF.
Speaker 4: You want to have that baby. Oh the joy you feel two weeks.
Speaker 1: After that embryo transfer and the doctor gives you a positive result and tells you that you have had a successful implantation and pregnancy. Drop on the clues bombs for those who have experienced that level of joy. But what if you didn't get what you paid for, meaning you paid to get pregnant, you know, had the baby.
Speaker 4: But what if what they put into your cart is it what you ordered. We don't find this out until you receive your groceries.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are you talking about, uncle charltt Well, what I'm talking about is exactly what happened to Christina Murray, a resident of Savannah. George the salute to everyone who listens to us on ninety four point one to beat in Savannah. Christina was given the wrong order. Ladies and gentlemen, let's go to the Day's Let's go to the Today's show for the report.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 9: My son's skin tone didn't match mine, but he was still my son.
Speaker 22: Tina Murray was finally living her lifelong dream of being a mother.
Speaker 9: He was beautiful and perfect, but it was also very clear that something was wrong.
Speaker 22: After a grueling round of IVF in nine months of pregnancy, Maury, a white woman using a white sperm donor, gave birth in late twenty twenty three to a baby boy with a much darker complexion.
Speaker 9: My son's skin tone didn't match mine, but he was still my son, which should.
Speaker 22: Have been a joyful first few months bonding with her son, who she loved and wanted to raise, was punctuated by constant fear and uncertainty.
Speaker 9: I didn't know whether it was a sperm mix up or whether he was someone else's.
Speaker 22: Murray took a DNA test that confirmed her baby wasn't hers biologically. The clinic she'd used Coastal fertility specialists eventually determined that they mistakenly implanted another couple's embryo in Murray. The biological parent sued her for custody, and Murray chose to give the baby she loved up to them rather than fight.
Speaker 9: I walked out of the building them to stroll her, and they left with my son.
Speaker 1: Dang man, she had a black widowed baby or whatever Rita Oorl was saying on that song from back in the day.
Speaker 4: Listen, don't let Donald Trump hear about this.
Speaker 1: He's gonna blame it on DEI, all right, This white woman was trying to conceive a child, and they put the wrong embryo in her, and she ended up having what the lawsuit described as a dark skinned African American baby. I bet Christina was like, now I understand why I had all these strange cravings Cajun collin greens. I never craved Cajun colin greens before I was pregnant. Oh my god, is this why I couldn't stay out of Popeyes? I ate so much sweet potato castle roll from Ruth Chris. Oh my god, there were signs. The smell of black and mouse smoke never bothered me. Can you imagine you spent nine months preparing for a little bundle of joy and instead you give birth to a cultural awakening?
Speaker 4: All right? She probably named the baby woke.
Speaker 1: Now she gotta go buy books like brown Baby Nursery Rhymes and other diverse children stories.
Speaker 4: It's just a mess. And this isn't like getting your order.
Speaker 1: All get a fast food restaurant where they can just, you know, give you what you asked for.
Speaker 4: This is a baby, Okay, if you don't like it, you can't just give it back.
Speaker 1: Imagine coastal fertility clinic Like, well, ma'am, I know this isn't what you ordered.
Speaker 4: But what's wrong with it? It works?
Speaker 1: She said it hurt to give the baby away because in light of history, she thought she should be able to sell it. Christina, I am sorry you had to go through that. Okay, you bonded with the baby, and I know the hardest part wasn't to mix up. It was explaining to your husband why their baby was born with a full lineup. Please give the Coastal Fertility Clinic the biggesty hull.
Speaker 4: That wild? This wild? Now, what about when you have a baby and the baby comes out looking nothing like you, but it's actually yours? I'm dealing with Can anybody deal with that? In this room?
Speaker 2: You're such what? It's crazy?
Speaker 4: What are you talking? Don't have a play.
Speaker 6: First of all, my daughter got my eyes and we got the same blood type, So don't play with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe the blood type. Okay.
Speaker 2: I know that white lady was like, what did you imagine?
Speaker 3: They put that baby right on her chest and whoa mm hm.
Speaker 2: She said she had to give away our son. I know that black father. I know she was like, y'a ain't gotta take me to court, Please take.
Speaker 5: My baby.
Speaker 4: The only thing that would have made this story better is if she was actually racist.
Speaker 2: I know, right, I know that would be wild.
Speaker 3: Yo, damn, what did she name the baby? Because she had to name the baby.
Speaker 4: I don't know what she means.
Speaker 6: But you're also idiot for the cravings too, because not my yes black and mouths and what else yesterday, iBOT, that's why I can't stay baby, please please?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you for that dog kie today, but you're sucking your teeth this.
Speaker 4: Sky Max so stupid, man, Mac, come.
Speaker 2: In, Mac, Oh god, no, what's that's not talking about?
Speaker 4: It's just so dumb.
Speaker 13: What you just that?
Speaker 9: Ma?
Speaker 4: Maight be texting me, texting me while you're listening, Mac. Imagine you prepare for that baby you brought on this sunscreen? Now you got to buy vasclean and jerking.
Speaker 2: Look shit, hey, damn, that's messed up.
Speaker 4: I hate this place.
Speaker 7: All right, when we come back, just fix my mess. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you haven't relationship problems, you need to talk to Jess Caller.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: That's baby, it's a real peelt me.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I'm all up in your mess. I'm gonna fix it, text it, fix it, fix it, just gonna fix your mess because.
Speaker 2: My advice is real morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is the j n V. Just Hilarius Charlamage to God. We are the breakfast Club. It's time for just fix my mess.
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 21: Hello?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 13: I have to be anonymous because I have a real issue and I need help.
Speaker 2: From all right, didn't even want to say what she was coming from. What's Oh my god?
Speaker 13: Okay, I got two guys, right, oh, and I like them both. But I was dating one first and we got to kind of went on the hiatus or however you say that, and you know, and it between that little time, that little three weeks that we wasn't dealing with each other talking. I mean another guy, and I really really like him, like I.
Speaker 17: Like him more.
Speaker 13: Let me just say that.
Speaker 17: But the first one, she's in the block and he is a.
Speaker 13: Flying curser, so I don't know what to do. Like he's talking about marriage, baby, moving in his house and I have my own house, so he's it's just a lot.
Speaker 6: But what But okay, so are you already let me know that the great attributes about the first and what about the second one.
Speaker 2: What is the second one offering?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 4: What is good?
Speaker 2: Does he align with you?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: What's up? But you're equally we.
Speaker 13: Are like okay, this well, okay, weet we both have kids, and so the first one he doesn't have kids. So this one I feel like he's more family orient and he's more understanding. He is he's so south to mind.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Okay, do you have kids?
Speaker 13: Out?
Speaker 16: Yes, I do.
Speaker 13: I have two kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So so how old are your kids? Are they older?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 16: To be grown?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, because if you've got young kids, then you need to deal with the guy who got kids also because he knows how to govern with kids, you know what I'm saying. He knows how to operate with the family them, not saying that the other guy won't, you know, but I don't know. It sounds like one guy is nine out of ten and the other one it's ten out of ten. You don't want to just go for the ten, you know what I'm saying, Because both gods great, but.
Speaker 2: Both guys.
Speaker 13: Like one is financially stable and the other one is finding his way.
Speaker 9: So there we go.
Speaker 2: The financially stable one.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of people trying to find their way these days, and I understand, I understand, right, but you can't be the GPS for sometimes.
Speaker 2: So I think since you both feel.
Speaker 6: Like they qualified for you, go for the one that is financially stable, who is mentally saying, who is the most mentally saying?
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 13: The other one, though, the.
Speaker 2: One who's trying to find his way, is mostly mentally saying.
Speaker 13: Or what yes, yes, don't complications?
Speaker 17: No problem?
Speaker 13: The other one just like, damn my throat? What do reban?
Speaker 21: Like?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 6: All right, Well, it looks like you're about to help him find his way then, because I can't have that worry, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, please, don't like it? He the other one comes with baggage.
Speaker 6: He seemed like he got some trust issues or something, or he may be doing something that something you know, but help I a god find his way. Hopefully you'll find it together and find it sing okay, thank you, no problem, sys, all right.
Speaker 4: Just fix my mess.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 7: If you need advice, relationship advice calling now is the breakfast Club the morning That's about me.
Speaker 2: For relationship problems as about me.
Speaker 6: If you need to beat your coworker's ass at about me, your coworker needs to beat your ass call it up, doctor Jess, and I'm here to fix your mess.
Speaker 2: Fix your mess. It's getting very much messy. Let me fix this morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is sej NV just Hilarius, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast club. But in the middle of just fix my mess?
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 4: What's up bros? The question for Jesses. I need to help bab.
Speaker 15: So that was a wild back. I had a little infidelity incident with my wife, so she doesn't trust me when it comes to social media. Now that I didn't do anything physical, it was strictly emotional. But on the flip side, I used social media for like bookings and gigs and all of that stuff. So I guess, is there a way for me to reassure her in the asset that I'm not doing anything outside of that, Like she had to access to all of my stuff. You can open my phone, go through whatever she needs to go through. But you know, I don't know how to reassure her that I'm not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Man, That's that's what you have to do.
Speaker 6: You what do you mean you don't know how I mean she got all your stuff, that she still treats you like she don't trust you, or what like what's happening to make her? I mean, because it has to be a reason that you you calling me like she's still acting like she don't trust you, or what she mad at you?
Speaker 2: Her mood swings up and.
Speaker 15: Down like what in a way, it's like little windows like oh, I know you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, now you said a while back. What is a while back to you?
Speaker 15: Like two years ago?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, so two years ago you now now what level if she wasn't what is it like a full on affair? Did she catch you texting? Did you take somebody out to what level did it get? Because if it's two years go, and it depends on the level of a cheap it was more.
Speaker 15: So just conversations that shouldn't have been had, and the I guess the frequency of the conversations.
Speaker 2: Okay, frequency, Yeah, no, I get it. It was deep. The conversation was deep, and it was a little too deep.
Speaker 6: It's inappropriate for your girl mind to not wander two years later, you feel me, So you have to you absolutely have to just keep redshawing her. I don't care what you rub them feet, you tell how beautiful she is. You just gotta you gotta keep doing that because obviously she's still there. So it's a part of her that that don't want to give up, you know what I mean. It's a big part that don't want to give up. Because if this happened two years ago, you know, and it's still bothering her, and it was bothering her that bad and they heard her that bad, she would have been gone. But it's a part that she's holding on to. But she just still has that in the back of her mind no matter what, you know, because she once you give somebody your all, yo, and then they you know, you hurt me in any type of way. It's hard to even you know, get back to what we once were, you know what I mean, So that you're gonna be ready.
Speaker 15: Yeah, in all long time, and I know they say that there's like no time for healing. Yeah, but I'm just trying to figure out how to like catapult this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know. You just got to keep working at it. Don't give up. She ain't give up on you. Don't give up on her. You know what I mean, because this is the bed that you made.
Speaker 15: You know, yeah, I appreciate that, but he just can't say one thing to you before before I go, what's up? Hey? So your show and temple right, I've been trying to hit you up, blow you up on social media. I think you've been ignoring me or your team ain't been catching my messages. Look, let me open up for you man.
Speaker 4: Oh so yo, No, I haven't.
Speaker 6: You know so many people that be hitting me on line and DM and stuff. So no, I don't ignore people. I really don't.
Speaker 2: I have a two man show, so it's just me and my brother.
Speaker 6: He does thirty minutes at the time does the Alexander, and then I do an hour and some change.
Speaker 2: Don't even.
Speaker 6: Openers like that because I do sometimes, but not all the time, you know. And this is a casino. If I was doing like the comedy club, I would have you brother, I would do that, you know, But for the bigger venues, I like to keep the show tight.
Speaker 2: And you know, we already got our stuff air tight.
Speaker 1: And it's just you know what if you got a high forty five seconds, Oh listen, I'm a musician.
Speaker 15: All I gotta do is entertainer for for for one song and that's it. He Oh no, a musician. I played the ball.
Speaker 4: He wants to be the saxophone for the people.
Speaker 15: But that's something different. You ain't never had that on your show.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't think that that's the vibe that that that the.
Speaker 4: It's just hilarious, not jazz hilarious. You have a good one, brother, Good luck with you.
Speaker 2: So far, damn.
Speaker 4: Fixed.
Speaker 1: Go to Justlaris official dot com for tickets for her temper Showers eight hundred five eight five one five on.
Speaker 4: Now we got just with the mess coming up.
Speaker 6: Yes, Anthony Edwards had a little moment with Obama and people coming at him.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that. NeXT's the Breakfast Club, come morning.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody, it's the j n V.
Speaker 7: Jess Hilarious chelamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess you use.
Speaker 2: Is real Wether hilarius, jes Car Robber Moore.
Speaker 3: Just don't do no lions, don't.
Speaker 6: Do that talk She'll spell nobody talk World Why Jess World?
Speaker 4: Which on the Breakfast Club. He's the coaching ship.
Speaker 18: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 4: Could get you to see this time to set it off, all.
Speaker 6: Right, we got some things to get to But first Anthony Edwards uh had no what no, what exactly did he say because I don't really feel like what he said was like bad about Obama that got people on his ass? Was it okay? So Anthony Edwards had an exchange with Obama on the portigo the Netflix documentary.
Speaker 4: That basketball player Anthony which yes.
Speaker 6: Basketball player Anthony Edwards a loved one.
Speaker 4: It might be who he is. It is a very common black name.
Speaker 6: Cut it from around the corner.
Speaker 2: But yeah.
Speaker 6: So the Netflix documentary is called Cortigal and it goes behind the scenes of men's basketball at the Olympics. It's one of the twentyour Olympics at Paris, and Obama's in the documentary. He's narrating a part of it, and him and Anthony Edwards have this like mini conversation has made people really upset. Anthony, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 4: What are you thinking about this?
Speaker 5: He can hoop a little bit.
Speaker 4: Huh huh, yeah, I'll bet you stand down the truth. The truth he said, the truth.
Speaker 5: The boy bla bay are y'all talking to this young man? Because right now he just said he's the truth and all that and the truth, the whole truth or nothing.
Speaker 4: But that's what he said.
Speaker 21: You asked him, telling him the whole context of the situation of you asked him what he thinks about this young man, and he said, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm the truth.
Speaker 3: That's what happened.
Speaker 4: Got to have that man the truth?
Speaker 6: Baby?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with that conversation?
Speaker 6: The way that people regard Obama. They were so upset, like they're like, why are you talking?
Speaker 2: Why was he like you're talking to his grandfather?
Speaker 6: Exactly exactly in in context, Uh, Anthony Edwards when he says Obama was asking him, he's talking about you and b because that's what Obama was talking to people what I'm said about and saying that it was disrespectful that they were even asking. There were some people who've been saying, like, hey, he should apologize for this. That was not a moment. President.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how people act like they hate respectability politics but then love to engage in respectability politics.
Speaker 4: I think that was nothing wrong. President Obama is just a man.
Speaker 1: And if you want to insert yourself and engage in a real N word conversation with Ay.
Speaker 2: That's right, especially when it comes to Awaiian hooping.
Speaker 3: Exactly what I'm saying when they get busy, Sowards gets busy, gets is he and I'm just okay now I'm the truth.
Speaker 4: And he was shooting at both of them. He was, and Brock had to call in somebody.
Speaker 2: His age.
Speaker 4: That basically was like, hey man, get this, why away?
Speaker 2: I feel like the truckles I mean he Lebron, I mean not Lebron Obama. He was chilling to that.
Speaker 6: He was taking away.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 6: It was it was a locker room conversation. Honestly took it.
Speaker 3: They took it like just said, don't get a twisted Obama plays basketball.
Speaker 9: So that what it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he ain't seen Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 2: It's a conversation of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a disconnect though, like he can have like he can have those conversations with Michael Jordan, you know, conversations Madgie Johnson, because the Age has the conversations with Lebron.
Speaker 4: Little Wyy and Anthony. That was ain't trying to hear it. Just okay right now, I dunk on you, right now Obama face like, bet.
Speaker 2: Why are we acting like? Obama asked for one on one or something on He did was say, what's up with this?
Speaker 4: Don't call you how you can't see it.
Speaker 1: You haven't never seen it out there on that court, President Obama, Yo, G you're good.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 4: That's what he's telling him temperature. I don't see the problem.
Speaker 3: It was all love.
Speaker 6: But I thought the moment was so funny because I'm like, well, since clowned out, yeah.
Speaker 4: Coming to President Obama's white side, his black.
Speaker 2: I'm just sad.
Speaker 6: Moving speaking of white side, black side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, uh, the.
Speaker 3: Food stamps and the white man.
Speaker 2: That's what I saw. Food stamps and a white man.
Speaker 6: Yes, so, Tamara Marie, it's a marya Mary Marie's husband, Adam Housley, who is you know, he's he's been very vocal about how he feels politically. He came out and he posted a tweet, and the tweet it's gotten some people upset. He was talking about, uh, snap food stamps and how it's being used. So he said, as a kid who grew up in a neighborhood grocery store since I was five, I can tell I can't tell you how many times I saw people coming in and buy crap food for their kids with food stamps, then open the wallet, use cash for liquor, beer, wine, and cigarettes. Then there were those who would repeatly buy a lemon or lime, get changed, walk out the door, throw them away, do it again until they had enough change to buy sick wrests or alcohol. As a kid, it pissed me off because there are so many people who could really use the help, and then there are others who are working the system. Now, what he's referring to and what he was commenting on is the fact that RFK Junior and team are now working to make it where when you have Snapper food stamps, you cannot buy certain processed foods, sugary drinks, or candy because they say, if he spelled.
Speaker 2: A junk food for the kids, junk food period, chunk.
Speaker 6: Food and certain process foods as well too. Now, the reason why they're trying to do this is because they're saying that taxpayer dollars shouldn't be paying for that, Like, if taxpayer dollars are paying for this, you should buy your kid healthy food. Boy, when he tweeted that the the alarms go.
Speaker 2: Off of course, Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: They were the people who were responding and basically saying, you are super rich, your silverspoon leach, you need to mind your business. People were acting tamar like yo, dishmn, like come on, how to say something.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about that people be arguing about age old discussions. This is not new, Like public health and medical officials been saying that they should shouldn't allow you to use food stamps to buy jump food like they've been saying this for years.
Speaker 2: It's just the fact that he's white.
Speaker 6: I think it's a messenger because they try to spend it into oh, you want to take money out of or assistance out of parents, mother's homes and families in need. And he's like, yo, that's not even what I was seeing. What I'm saying is people who take advantage of this, they're hurting the mothers more if we should be doing something.
Speaker 4: You can't use SNAP in food stands for alcohol, the same thing.
Speaker 6: And then I also want people to understand it's not only black people that receive SNAP benefits to just that that's that's in the comments too, like yeah, they made everything yeah, it's like yo, yeah, black people are not the only one to receive that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I get it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well we don't have time for the last one, or do we because I really want to get to this.
Speaker 1: This is Tank.
Speaker 12: This is.
Speaker 3: My guy, fast fast audio.
Speaker 6: This is Tank on Floyd. He sat down with j hill on Hill from Baltimore State.
Speaker 23: He was gonna lose, lose situation. Now what came out still on top with Floyd?
Speaker 4: What was the lose loses way?
Speaker 5: What you mean?
Speaker 23: It was situation that he put me in there, but he thought I was gonna lose Joseph Raza my first world title. I was sixteen, oh and I was twenty one at the time, and I haven't fought in like seven and eight months. When they came back and it was like, all right, you gotta fight. He was like, you gotta fight this this fighter, which is Joseph Drausa. If you don't fight him, you know you're not fighting you like you're sitting on a show. Do you think Floyd did that intentionally?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: For sure, Like why would he try to deministrative career.
Speaker 23: They were saying that I was messing away the daughter off of the fact that she kept snapchatting me. Cap hit me on the snapchat, so they sent it to Floyd and Floyd bugged out, So he.
Speaker 2: Was supposed to lose that fight.
Speaker 6: That's what that That's what I mean, that's what he feels like because he was dating Lord Shorty. He said he wasn't not dating, but it was like, you know, there was there was something. There was something happened with snapchat. He's saying that Floyd was upset. But another part of the interview, we don't have time to play it, but another part of the interview that people got upset about, not upset, but people were responding to was when they he at one point he said he was better than Floyd, and then he took it back and he was like, well, maybe you know, if I'm kind of like, if I'm fully on my game, I could see him somewhat Like people are like, you know, you're talking about Floyd Mayweather, right, you know, but I think it's just Tank throwing his way around because he's Tank.
Speaker 1: Tank get busy. But Tank gotta start fighting some real competition, you know what I mean. I want to see Tank fight. Te Femal Lopez pronos his name Teo Femal Lopez Chicaus Stevenson, Devin Haney jumping the ring with them, guys, how you.
Speaker 6: Feel about the fight that's coming up on the first wash the dude? Yeah, but and maybe that's why that's not because I think the hype around him. I mean, Tank is Tank, he's a superstar, but the hype work. It depends on who he's fighting and some of the fights. Now, I just be like, I know, I'm being honest. I never heard a roach, So I heard that Tang is about to fight him, so you know, but I feel like I don't know a lot of the people that Tank fight until he fights them, right, Yeah, Well he said hand in hand, he think he uh, he could be skilled skill wise, nobody's better than him. Hand in hand, he could see food.
Speaker 4: That's not true in any boxes should say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, period.
Speaker 4: All right, so that is stressed with the mess.
Speaker 3: All right, Well let's get to the People's Choice Mix.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Warning everybody is dj n V Jess Hilarioushalla mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club is Black History Month?
Speaker 3: Who we do?
Speaker 4: Who we repping today?
Speaker 1: Well, you know every day during Black History Month, my guy beat Out puts out an episode of I didn't know maybe you didn't either, which is some things that you may or may not have known about Black history. And today he's gonna take you on a wild ride through black history where thriving black communities were burned down literally and their land was stolen by greedy corporations.
Speaker 4: Let's discuss I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't even After all that, the clan wasn't done.
Speaker 21: In nineteen thirty two, they burned down the Paulding Courthouse. Now this wasn't just some random arson. That was strategic because that courthouse held the land records for the black families in Jasper County, Mississippi. Meanwhile, the records for the white families with chiling in another courthouse miles away, untouched.
Speaker 4: Real convenient, huh.
Speaker 21: Then a few years later, along comes a company called Masonite. They're like, oh, wow, look at all this land just sitting here.
Speaker 4: I guess it's ours.
Speaker 21: They ended up with over ninety five hundred acres of land, and we've already done the measurements of acres this season. One acre is roughly the size of a football field, so nine five hundred football fields worth of land they used to belong to black families. And let me tell you that land wasn't just sitting there looking pretty. It was full of oil, timber, and gas. Millions of dollars came out of it, but not a dime went back to the original owners. You see, this is the stuff they don't teach you in school. That's why we have I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either, because see they'll give you dates, wars, and treaties, but they skip over the part where entire black communities were systemically erased, not because they weren't successful, but because they were successful. In this situation, it was titled imminent domain. And this ain't just some dusty old story. It's a reminder that the game has been rigged for a very long time. So if you're sitting here listening today, thinking what can I do, learn these stories, share these podcast episodes, challenge the systems that allowed us to happen, and keep showing up because black excellence isn't just a moment, it's a legacy, and no matter how hard they try, they can't burn that a way.
Speaker 4: And I didn't know, maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 1: All right, happy Black History mom, man, and make sure you subscribe and download so that I didn't know maybe you didn't need a podcast available every where you listen to podcas As on the Black Fat iHeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 7: All right, when we come back, we got the positive Notice the Breakfast Club, Good morning, Good morning Everybody's DJ n v J just hilarious. Schela mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We got a salute the Pretty V for joining us this morning.
Speaker 4: Man, Salute the Pretty V.
Speaker 1: Make sure you go pick up her new book, The Pretty Victory, one hundred Day Guide to recent it yourself and find your purpose. It's just one hundred day devotional and sleut to everybody in Brooklyn who came out to Powerhouse Arena last night to get a copy of The Pretty Victory to pour in to Pretty V and show love the Pretty V. I'm not going from Man, it's always amazing to watch, you know, people like the watch people like Jess because we've been watching these folks for so long on social media. But to see them, you know, out in the world thriving, and to see the impact that they've had on other people, Oh my god, that's right. And even lack Fack when people were there. You know, there were people in the crowd that were asking questions and when they were talking, they were talking to v but they were talking about you.
Speaker 4: They were talking about Jazzi, they were talking about be some like.
Speaker 1: They've watched this whole generation of people grow up and continue to thrive. So it's a pleasure to witness.
Speaker 2: Absolutely appreciate that.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna be in Tampa this weekend.
Speaker 1: I will be in.
Speaker 6: Tampa this Sunday at the hard Rock Casino and Hotel, me and my brother Desi Alexander. The show starts at eight doors open at seven. Get your tickets at Jesselarius official dot com. See you Tampa on Sunday. Remember drop in my DM or the comments at my last post places I can eat black on black on black ome.
Speaker 1: All right, you got a positive note. I do have a positive note, man, and it comes from the great Doctor Wayne W. Die Resting piece of Doctor Wayne W.
Speaker 4: Dyer.
Speaker 1: You once said, give yourself a gift of five minutes of contemplation in all of everything you see around you. Go outside and turn your attention to the mini miracles around you. It's just a five minutes of to day regiment of appreciation and gratitude, and I promise you it'll help you focus your.
Speaker 4: Life and just understand the miracle that that your existence is.
Speaker 1: So just give yourself five minutes of contemplation today to just go outside and look around and just say, man, thank you.
Speaker 4: Be grateful for everything you see, the clouds in the sky, the sun, even the cold weather.
Speaker 1: If you're in a place that's cold right now, just feel feel good that you can enjoy that moment, because it's better for you to be cold than your body be cold six feet underground right now?
Speaker 4: All right? Did that get dark?
Speaker 2: That went dark as hell?
Speaker 4: Okay, turn the TV off?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, game over?
Speaker 3: Breakfast club, bitches, you don't finish or y'all done.