Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Busting with Your Busting with the Boys. I'm your host, will come thum. We got the boys in the bag, Jack Mitch Taylor. The boys out in Canada right now, battling fires apparently out in Western I think Western. I don't want to butcher at Western BC. Like there's a lot of wildfires and fires going on. The boy they had to evacuate. My wife was on a bachorette out in California, out in Palm Springs. Her flag gets canceled yesterday because of the hurricane situation. So places are flooded out there. People aren't able to get out. There's a lot of shit going on the West Coast. It's thankful to be in a landlocked state like Tennessee, be in the middle of the country where you can stay away from all the danger. Before we get into the episode, we are brought to you by the one, the only, The Chevy Silverado Summer is here and what better way to take advantage of all it has to offer them with the Chevy Silverado Silverado Summer. Think of all the possibilities boys from off road adventures, to do yourself projects and hardcore work. Silverado has the capability and technology to make this summer your best one yet. With nine different Silverado models to choose from, an engines that range from the powerful Turbomax to the six point two liter V eight and the Duramax Diesel, you can count on Chevy power and performance to get anything done. And like many of you, the boys have been hitting the road a lot lately. We're actually gonna be hitting the road a lot come this fall, especially in September. I think we're busy all four or five weeks, I believe for our fall tailgate tour, which we can get into. But there is an army of Silverado's and Silverado owners, So shout out to all.
Speaker 2: The boys out there.
Speaker 1: Game recognizes game, and I know there's a lot of We're going out to Nebraska for the bust and Bowl in week five. I know there's gonna be a lot of Chevy Silverado owners out there. But head over to Chevy dot com and check out the Silverado and all the Chevy trucks because it is the official truck of Busting with the Boys. Guys, if you're watching on YouTube right now, do not be shy to hit the subscribe button. I know we're gonna have probably a lot of Chargers fans tuned in. Oh, somebody's calling me. Actually have to not take it right now. There's probably gonna be a lot of Chargers fan tuned in. But we are almost two four hundred thousand subscribers. That is fucking insane the growth that's happened. Shout out to the boys in the back, Jack, Mitch, JP, Garrett, all the boys who have been a part of growing this thing. Dude, four hundred thousand subscribers is insane, is truly insane.
Speaker 2: Mitch.
Speaker 1: I know you and JP said down at the beginning of the year, or we're going over Hey, let's reach reach for ambitious fucking goals, goals that we might not touch, but let's paint something. Let's just paint a picture and fucking go after something. I know you guys had a very ambitious goal of seven hundred and fifty thousand by the end of the year. Also with a realistic goal you like to call it a five hundred thousand by the end of the year. Right now, it seems like we're on pace, but you guys have been fucking murdering it.
Speaker 2: Man with a with a big fall coming up.
Speaker 3: I think there's a chance we could reach our not the very ambitious goal of fifty k, but five hundred thousand I think is definitely in the cards, and especially for what it looks like we have playning this fall, I'm feeling pretty good about it.
Speaker 1: I know, man, it's one of those things. Hey, I have to take this phone call. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: What did you end on saying we might be able to hit that goal?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was saying, how with everything we have playing in the fall, there's definitely a chance that we could be hitting that five hundred k.
Speaker 1: You gotta get I know, dude, that push, just the push from the different fan bases.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be doing a lot of shit this year.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: We're doing our fall tailgate tour where we're going to six different colleges.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's six, yes, six stops, but they haven't been announced yet.
Speaker 4: They have not and there's still time, like we need.
Speaker 1: If you're watching right now and you want the boys to come by, come to your guys' college game, drop it in the chat of where he wants to go. The only thing we have kind of locked in right now is the Bust and Bowl. That's week five, Michigan at Nebraska. We will be in Lincoln. We will be at Memorial Stadium, but we have not announced. We're still kind of working through the stops are gonna go to. We're bringing the bus. We bought an extra bus so that way we could drive it and only gets up to fifty five.
Speaker 4: It's got a hole in the middle of the floor.
Speaker 1: But the boys we found it somewhere down in the uh somewhere in the sticks of Georgia for sale on Craigslist.
Speaker 2: We bought that thing.
Speaker 1: We're now we're going through a lot of hoops, insurance wise, and everything else to get this thing on the road. But we will be going on the Fall Tailgate tour. We got the bus and ball. Like I said, we're gonna be in some stuff at the pro level as well. Obviously we got the Tysontown Taylor. The Boy obviously is a Titan through and through. So we'll be doing stuff here locally. And yeah, man, I hope we fucking do bro. I hope, Like dude, if we hit seven hundred and fifty thousand subscribers on YouTube, that would be nuts, man. So hey, tell your group, chests, tell your friends, tell the boys that we need everybody. It's gonna take everybody. We did some cool interviews this last week right when we got back from Italy. We hit the ground running the next day, flying out to LA. We got out to LA We got to sit down and go to the Chargers training camp.
Speaker 2: We gotta go.
Speaker 1: We got to go to the Raiders training We got to do, got to do some collapse with some cool podcasts, The Fighter and the Kid.
Speaker 2: That one is out.
Speaker 1: I would assume the Bad Friends pod that we did with Santino and Bobby Lee, that'll be out this week. I would assume if not, that one will be out soon. And then we also I had to fly out on Thursday after the Richison Show. We got to go on the Rich Eisen Show, which was the coolest fucking thing in the world. Been watching that dude since I was just a little pup and now seeing him, like I don't know, just getting to be on his set and everything else.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those like damn, this is this is fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: And then the Boy the Boys got to go out to Steve O's house and sit down with Steve O's so that interview will come.
Speaker 4: But sometime in the future.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of things we're working through right now, some cool segments we're trying to build out for the fall. We got a new show coming out this fall, which will be announced soon. We fucking bet the buses coming back. We got new merch coming out, new new uh the Boys theme merch for this year for college teams, NFL teams. You know how we start small until we can build demand somewhere else. So the Boys got a lot, a lot of irons in the fire right now. We probably need to bring somebody else on board. But anyway, we had a hell of a week out in LA that.
Speaker 2: Was all time.
Speaker 1: I want to say it was on what was it Wednesday where we kind of had like the twelve hour day. It felt like, I mean, we had a lot of fun in between. Then we hit Are Tough, but Wednesday was like we obviously went out and hit the arcade and play some mini golf. We were out in the sun right because we did ray Or, we did The Fighter and the Kid. Then we went out to the Raiders training camp. By the way, sitting down with coach McDaniels, that one's gonna come out next week. The way we're gonna roll them out this episode. Austin Eckler, Mike Williams, and Keenan Allen. We said down with those three. They were combined forty like around forty minutes, when only got to talk to Austin for like ten minutes. It sucks because I really wanted to get into the running back market stuff. Mike Williams and Keenan Allen they joined us. They'll be rolling out today and then on Thursday. You can expect to see us again on Thursday. We'll be dropping the Derwin James interview on Thursday, and the next Tuesday you will see Coach McDaniel from The Raiders. He was honestly a lot of fun to sit down with. I didn't know what to expect those low key a little nervous My boy a Merebdula just said they got done not having the greatest practice in the world. So he's kind of got that light about him that he's a little bit of a stiff.
Speaker 4: He was not at all sitting with us.
Speaker 1: I think this interview that comes out with Coach mcdamzels, I think a lot of people are gonna like it and enjoy it.
Speaker 4: But that's kind of what you guys can look forward to.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we got to hit the Raiders' training camp and then that day we had to stay up north in northern La, so we hit mini golf. We're playing the arcade, We're sweating our fucking asses off, and then we go and do Bad Friends pot at like seven pm at night, seven thirty at night.
Speaker 4: Finally get back to the hotel like ten.
Speaker 1: You know, we have to drive like forty minutes back down where a hotel was fortunately missing all the it was after all the traffic. But we had a bit of a day on Wednesday, hit it Thursday morning with the richis and show and then was out.
Speaker 2: But it was a hell of a week. Man.
Speaker 4: Now we got back into the swing of things. I get back.
Speaker 1: My wife's gone for her bachelorette party for the weekend, storm rolling solo dad duty all weekend.
Speaker 4: I log and a half hours on my garment of sleep.
Speaker 1: One night, boys, I fell asleep crashing on the couch at like nine point thirty and didn't wake up until like five The next morning, went over, went over to my bed, slept till about eight thirty. But it felt like I can't remember the last time I've slept ten and a half hours, slept really past I usually struggle to sleep like past eight o'clock, but I don't know the last time I've logged like an actual ten and a half hours. But hella fun weekend, get a little weekend with the daughter with Rudeley, and now we're we're back kicking this week. Boys, we got some stuff. We got some segments coming up. Shout out, I know for shout out, pet peeve, twisted question, teared talk, shittiest question. We'll get into those things after we not got this ad read. We interrupt this episode to bring you Duke Cannon. Duke Cannon creates thick, high viscosity body wash. Thick is formulated with a noticeably high viscosity and built to work effectively on your body and not spew down the shower drain. We partnered with Duke Cannon to create a scent that best embodied are Trophy, the rivalry game between Nebraska Michigan.
Speaker 4: It's called the Bust and Bowl. We all came together.
Speaker 1: Duke Cannon wanted to partner with the boys and create a scent that best embodied this game. We wanted to bring a scent to life that celebrates this game, the greatest rivalry, Nebraska versus Michigan, and we wanted to create.
Speaker 4: This big ass brick of soap.
Speaker 1: A biggest brick of soap is three times bigger than any of your common bullshit soaps out there. It's a triple mild for high superior quality, and it's made with natural oils. With this scent called the Trophy Game created by Busting with the Boys and Duke Cannon, we wanted to give you, guys, hints of smoke, leather, and amber that smells like a collegiate football game, bragging rights that that them shoulder pads you smell when you walk into a locker room, but with a little bit more of an appealing taste. When you walk out and you hit that tailgate, you smell like, Hey, what do you smell like? I smell like the fucking Trophy Game that was created by Busting with the Boys and Duke Cannon. Find this new Duke Cannon scent at Duke Cannon Dot slash Trophy Game again.
Speaker 2: Bust with the Boys.
Speaker 1: Duke Cannon created a soap that helped solve the problem of finding the scent that best represented the Trophy Game, which is the bust and ball fought over by Michigan and Nebraska. That scent is now available everywhere everywhere. It's called Trophy Game. Go to Duke Cannon dot com slash Trophy Game. And speaking of being out in the ra at the Raiders' training camp out in La Josh Jacobs just signed.
Speaker 2: I think he's going back.
Speaker 1: The rumor is, are the articles that are coming out right now, is that Josh is going back to training camp. I'm like, I'm fired up because we need the boys firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 4: We need the Silver and Black rolling this football season.
Speaker 1: I think Josh Jacobs is one of the best, if not the best running back in the league right now, especially with the numbers he put up last year. I know he was wanting to hold out for a long term deal or a longer deal. The whole running back market in general, That's why I can't wait for you guys to listen to Austin Eckler coming up. But the whole running back market in general has been kind of like, you know, vocalizing their their concerns about the the the devaluing of the running back over time. You had guys going into this offseason back when they had the FaceTime call, when the running backs were kind of stand up and vocalizing their their concerns and and uh and frustration. You had Dalvin Cook, not Austin Eckler, he's up after next year. But you had Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, anybody else that was uh that was looking for a deal, Ezekiel Elliott.
Speaker 2: You had four go ahead Mitch maybe I know he was like kind of up and now that he is there.
Speaker 1: Anymore, right, you kind of get to be the feature back, the main back.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You had those four backs, Zeke, Dalvin Cook, sa Kwon and Josh kind of hole down doing their thing, being hopeful for long term deals. But obviously the back and forth here all of those running backs got one year deals, some soft one year deals. I want to say, Dalvin and Zeke, we're like in that four to six range for a year. Saquon, I want to say, he signed a one year for like ten and ten and some change. Yeah, But did he sign the tag or did they just modify the one year deal. Maybe you signed the tag and then you modify. I have no fucking clue. And it seems like Josh Jacobs is about to be in the same boat. All running backs were hopeful they could get long term deals done. It seems like you chalk this one up as the owners. You know, the leverage is hard. Man Quon was in a podcast recently talking about you could just say fuck it, like fuck the team and fuck ownership and everything else and hold out because your leverage is you playing right. But at the same time, you're in the most selfless team game there is, and there's a part of you that doesn't want to do anything. There's a big part of you that doesn't want to do that because you don't want to send that message to the team because even though it's you negotiating against the ownership, right it's like it's you negotiating for your deal. You still have the internal the internal conversations that go on amongst the players, amongst the coaches that just some guys can feel slight as some guys can It's like, man, at what point is enough money and enough? Like, hey, we're we're looking to the future of the running back here trying to save the running back like species as a whole. But how far do you go to try and do that without sending the wrong message and not even that, but playing in the window that you can play in, Like the NFL stands for not for long, but the shelf life as an NFL player is very small, and it's like, how far are you willing to go to try and acquire a contract that you feel like is necessary for the running back market to kind of value itself back up in the ranks.
Speaker 4: Data doesn't like play into their hands.
Speaker 1: It's like when you get past that second contract, or when you get past that first contract, the tread on the tire, it thins out. Man, It's like, how much Dereck Henry's basically the only running back to prove that you get better in the second contract. I'm not saying that running backs aren't fucking great in the second contract, but it's one of those things like Derek's one specimen that's kind of proving the okay, he still can put up two thousand yard scenes and everything else. I think this year will be a big year that will play into that data. It's like the guys like Austin Eckler, Derrick Henry, Saquan Josh Jacobs, Ezekiel Elliott, these type of backs that were absolute studs in their earlier years when they're getting these long term deals, you need them to still perform like fucking studs, like horses in their later twenties to help that data show that, hey, the running back can carry that type of load. Because we stay with Austin and I wish again, I wish we had more time with Austin and very smart cat. You see that he's very business savvy, is savvy. He understands the complexities that come with the running back market and the value and the businesses and the ownership being an owner versus being an employee. And Austin says a lot of good stuff. But Austin's story is a great example of not necessarily running back by committee. But there's some hungry motherfuckers that are out there that's just waiting on the opportunity to get their shot.
Speaker 2: Austin is one of those examples.
Speaker 1: Because you go back to where Melvin Gordon was holding out for a deal at the time because he wanted a bigger deal for the running back.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say, maybe.
Speaker 1: Who's old boy from from the Arizona Cardinals at the time, David Johnson might have gotten a big deal. I can't remember. Somebody got something. I want to say Melvin Gordon wanted something like that. Maybe it was Ezekiel Elliott and Melvin was holding out for something more right. He was kind of like trying to leverage his ability. He's coming off of a prime year and was trying to leverage himself in those times where he was holding out. A guy like Austin Eckler, an undrafted, fucking free agent that's cutting his teeth on special teams and realize he can tote the rock around the team. Realize he can tote the rock round in training camp. Because when your starter's gone and your best abilities availability, when somebody's gone, you're next up. That next man up mentality, there's gonna be a hungry motherfucker or a diamond in the rough. At some point along the way, a story like Austin Ecklers proves that that he comes in, he overtakes that job.
Speaker 4: He becomes the mainstay of running back.
Speaker 1: He becomes like the dude it all running back, run, pass catch, put his face in the fan in pass ball, pass pro and all that. And then you find yourself that the game's gonna go on and go with or without you. Austin's now gonna position himself of being an old head and being somebody who's got to kind of carry that towards for those perennial backs that can be older and still tote the rock. But it's just interesting because ultimately, like guys got to look out for themselves. You got to take those you got to take those contracts when you feel like you can. I'm saying all that because Josh Jacobs he was holding out I would assume for three to.
Speaker 4: Five year deal.
Speaker 1: Maybe he possibly wanted maybe a longer term deal, and maybe there was something on the table. I know we were there at their training camp. It sounded like there was something on the table at some point in time. And he doesn't see that contract. He doesn't get that because they couldn't agree to terms before that July seventeenth, franchise tag date June seventeenth, somewhere in the summer. Then when you miss that opportunity to get a longer term deal, it is now signed the franchise tag or get on a one year deal at most. So Josh is now in a position where he plays on this tag. Hopefully he knocks it out of the fucking park. To where he can look at getting a multi year deal, but if not, you play yourself out of that contract that you could have gotten, where you miss money. That's why it's it's always such a tough spot to be in as a player because you've got to bet on yourself.
Speaker 2: Owners.
Speaker 1: They're not going anywhere. They know the ball is gonna continue to balance, they know that the rosters are gonna look different year and in year out. They're not going anywhere. Their shelf life is as long as they want it to be. So it's just tough negotiating against time, for your for the boys, for yourself, balancing it all. But I'm fired up Josh's back in camp obviously because I'm root for the Silver and Black this year. I'm not sitting in the seat of being a fan watching the boys unless a call shakes up in December or January, like I was talking about with the head.
Speaker 2: Coaching GM while we're out there in Vegas.
Speaker 1: But so you guys will love the conversation we had with Austin, Keenan and Mike that'll be coming up. Let's get into the Let's get into a shout out, no free shout out. Let's get into a shout out, no free shout out, brought to us by Paramount Plus. As always, you can feel the air, the August breeze, not even breeze, but the humidity.
Speaker 2: You hear the pads popping.
Speaker 1: Football season is upon us, and your Paramount Plus account also gives you an all access pass to twenty four to seven NFL content all week long with CBS Sports, HQ, Fantasy Football Today, NFL Slime Time, and more. The stream Paramount Plus on any device. You can stream it on any device at home or on the go and follow us on the road to Las Vegas as Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Aaron Rodgers, Justin Herbert, Jalen Hurts and all of the NFL's best try to take down the boy. Patrick Mahomes, the King, the god liked figure out in Kansas City, the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs. Watch your local game every Sunday starting at two dollars and fifty cents a month for twelve months. Visit Paramount plus dot com slash NFL to start your free trial today. The all four ends on September twentieth, ann You will plan only terms and conditions apply. Stream the NFL and EBS live on Paramount Plus. Mitch, let's kick it off. What is your shout out? No free shout out broad to us by Paramount Plus.
Speaker 3: My shout out no free shout out this week goes to this is technically week zero of college football season.
Speaker 2: We do not.
Speaker 3: We have college football every Saturday from now until January, which is absolutely unreal. So my shout out goes to those college football hype videos that you watch to get ready for the season. I know, I personally used to watch them before my games. Oh yeah, you would just be sitting on the bus like juiced up, getting goosebumps and.
Speaker 2: Stuff, and there we read.
Speaker 3: It just fires you up so much to get out there and just like play football. Like I'll still watch them nowadays just to get ready to sit on my couch and watch it. But there might be a college football high video coming out of Busting for or College Football Tour canne Foreshadows.
Speaker 4: Do stuff about that. I do like a good motivational video.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it yet, but it's in the Lab of Cooking.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I do love that. And you say, watch get hyped up just to sit on your couch. No, man, there's like a there's a nostalgia that comes watching a fucking motivational video like that, and you watch back in the day when you know, in August, when the paths are popping and fall Camp was happening. Maybe like me back in middle school, Headstrong was getting hype. Like you get a song that just pulls you in, that brings you back to a moment when you were fucking lacing up where they're putting on the paths, getting on the court doesn't fucking matter, and it just fires you the fuck up that you yeah, get to sit on the couch and root for your favorite team, but it brings you back to a moment to where it gives you that nostalgia, missing it and knowing that the season is here, like the weather's here and everything else, and you're fired up to be hanging with the boys or whoever you're around, just to get motivated and verbally assault some people at the television and dropping the group chats and throw your sack there on the table and let him know that you won in fantasy football, like the air is coming, bro.
Speaker 2: I love that shout out amongst us.
Speaker 4: It is amongst us, Jack, what do you.
Speaker 5: Got kind of going off with mitches saying football's back, but my shouting of your shout out.
Speaker 6: Goes to parlays.
Speaker 5: The gambling gods always are against us, but this weekend also kind of a partial shout out shouting over your shout out to Sean O'Malley, the bantamweight champion of the world.
Speaker 6: I took a nice little parlay.
Speaker 5: It was Sean O'Malley any any kind of win so knockout, TKO or submission before two and a half rounds, and it was like plus four eighty five. Put like fifty bucks on it and won like four hundred dollars. So it was it was a nice little treat on Saturday, and I was I'm a big Sean O'Malley fan, so just see him win.
Speaker 6: The belt and also get a little coin on the side.
Speaker 5: It was not so like I said, Football's right around the corner. Cannot wait to be thrown out.
Speaker 6: Bets.
Speaker 2: Also nasty parlays.
Speaker 6: Yeah we might be.
Speaker 5: We might be having some parlays coming out here in the next few months, along with some content, so stay tuned with that. But yeah, shout out to winning a parlay. It's kind of like cheats system.
Speaker 1: Some of the boys getting in front of the camera a little bit more with something we got cooking this fall.
Speaker 5: We'll see, we'll see what goes on. But yeah, shout out to to a nice wager.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm so excited to stay in that show up and obviously build the hype for that, like it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a great fucking time.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And also Big Cat, he tweeted it yesterday over the weekend, the Pro Football Football Show, Your boy is coming on as a co host. So I'm fired up as as one of the main stays on the show with a big Cat. I want to say Casey is is one as well. I want to say Dave is gonna be involved, Taylor's gonna be involved, Kyle Long, we got a like a revolving fourth chair. We got a revolving fourth chair with my Big Cat and Casey. But that's gonna be a fucking good time. And I know last year, the last two years they've had Dion Sanders on, So you go from one Hall of Famer to the next. Very excited, very excited to be on the Pro Football Football Show. We're gonna be rolling around a lot this fall. And it's gonna be exciting. I think we have the tailgate tour stuff spaced out enough, start off hot in September, then we get.
Speaker 2: To sit back.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's either one or two in October, but we really get to pour into this Spootober and then we're looking at you know, one or couple in November, and again we're starting to iron those things out.
Speaker 2: But we don't.
Speaker 1: Last year we learn like how quickly like that flame can burn at both ends when you're trying to get absolutely everywhere. But we're gonna have a lot of fun stuff happing man getting out and frequenting Chicago and everything else. My shout out, I know, free shout out brought to Spy Paramount plus is gonna go to uh the parents will get on board with this one. But when you when you sleep in and your infant doesn't wake up until like you wake you hear him, sir, and I heard Roostern at like eight thirty. Rue wakes up at she usually we put her down at seven. She sleeps till seven, but she's usually up at like six thirty and then chills in the crib until about seven or until we go up and get her and since mom's out of town. It was just your boy. And when I knocked out on the couch that night, I was trying to stay up to watch the Sean O maleyfil to watch the Chano Maley fight and that it's a great shout out Jack because I'm fired up that he's a champion. But I was trying to stay up and watch that fight. Ended up dozing off and fall asleep, but get it back in bed, like go go to my bed at like five in the morning, thinking like I'll probably just sleep. I felt kind of awake, but I was I'll sleep a couple more hours and I'm sure i'll wake up here at six thirty or seven. And when I start to hear rooster, like eight thirty in the morning, and she's being cool, calm and collected, like that's a that's a good feeling when you get all of your sleep in as a parent and your little one that isn't bothering you, they're not interrupting your sleep, like they're not ready to go, and you're like, okay, let's get going. Like she was just chilling and in a good mood in her crib at like eight thirty in the morning, so dad was fired up.
Speaker 4: That's my shotow.
Speaker 1: No free shot out is when you get when you get to sleep in as a parent and your little ones not making a fuss in the morning, and you get to kind of still like enjoy your morning.
Speaker 4: But that's my that's my shout out, no free shoutout.
Speaker 5: Boys, it's someone who does not have kids at some point probably will.
Speaker 6: It scares me a lot.
Speaker 5: Having to give up those precious moments of sleep on like a weekend.
Speaker 6: That's why I know I'm not ready to be a dad.
Speaker 5: It's because I'm not ready to wake up at six am and deal with a kid.
Speaker 1: And that's okay, bro, that's okay. It's like it's like people like man, you like, yeah, you gotta there's we're all selfish. We're all selfish human beings, man, all of us. We're all in our own world. We're all in our own ego. We all want the ship to work out our way. And when you do have a kid, like, it's it's over your selfishness. Your selfishness is now you have to pick your shots and windows. You have to plan and organize. That's the one area where we've my wife and I we've we've gotten a.
Speaker 2: Lot better at is.
Speaker 1: It's like utilizing calendar, which has been a learning curve for your boy, but utilizing the calendar planning ahead, communicating at all times. It's like this morning, I was like, oh fuck, I saw in the calendar that we were supposed to shot the intro ten And I'm sitting here like, hey, I'll be in before a little bit before eleven. When it's like Charles's flight got canceled and comes to Monday, and now it's gonna get canceled till Tuesday. It's like, man, I gotta remember to hit up the boys and let him know whenever flights get canceled. I'm not gonna have that. I can't get up at six to work out. I have to wait. I have to wait until our babysitter gets there, our nanny gets there at seven thirty, so then I can go work out and then get all that stuff in. But yeah, bro, trying to plan out your selfishness throughout the week and the weekend.
Speaker 4: It doesn't stop, like it's just never.
Speaker 2: The key is.
Speaker 4: Routine, Jack, And you'll know this when you're when you become a parent.
Speaker 1: I'm already becoming one of those older motherfuckers like, here's the key, here's how you do it.
Speaker 5: I'm not ready to be selfless for someone else. I can be selfless, but not enough to bring someone into the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you lose it. You lose it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: You realize like you have to prioritize other ship. If not, they'll be there'll.
Speaker 1: Be some some lows somewhere, you know what I mean. Like you might want your couple hours of freedom, but it's got to be like structured out in a way where I don't know. That's why I sneak off and stay at the bus, tell about fucking as long as I can. Then you go home, then you do the then you do the dad thing until you put them down. And then when you put them down, it's like you got a decision to make to I want to separate and go watch TV on my own and kind of like beating myself, or do you build the relationship with the wife, because then that's that's those are the times where you get with the wife. Then you wake up and you do it all over again. But yeah, bro, you you kind of lose that. That's why it's uh when you get to sleep in and get to kind of like, oh man, I'm glad like a ruse being cool and just kind of hanging in her care carib right now, like she's having a good time with her tiger and lion and stuffed animals in there.
Speaker 2: That you get that selfishness a little bit back when you probably do again like.
Speaker 1: That, like yeah, listen listening to my boys who have like older kids, man, Like you're going to soccer games like your weekends are around them.
Speaker 5: I mean I remember growing up playing like travel basketball and like all the sports. And I have three other siblings, so like my parents' lives were our lives.
Speaker 6: They weren't their lives.
Speaker 5: It was them taking us to practice and going to extra like curricular school stuff. You know, making lunches is just yeah, it doesn't stop it.
Speaker 1: Making Man, you're so right, bro, Like yeah, like that's you look back and you realize how much like your parents actually do for you, or if money gets tight, how you're now with a different family going to that traveling going to that traveling tournament, staying with your buddy thinking it's awesome. But now when you get older, you realize, like all the sacrifices like your parents make just so you can have a childhood like that to go to all the games and go to all the weekends and everything else. It's like in the future, you know, knock on, way we keep this thing going and float and ascending, like you're gonna have to play, Oh the soccer teraments this weekend. You got this this weekend. Maybe dance this weekend. Who knows what they're gonna be into. Maybe debate. We got a little debate match up this weekend, four years older on the debate team or some shit. But you never know how it's gonna change. Man, It's just like you're just in it. A lot of highs, a lot of like, oh fuck, I gotta kind of like let this go. I gotta I gotta like reprogram my brain to think a little bit differently, because if you think too much like selfishly, you're just gonna get pissed off at everything else. Yeah, exactly, just mad like man, yeah, oh fuck man.
Speaker 6: Twisty Question of the week.
Speaker 4: Oh, we want to get into the twisted question.
Speaker 1: We got a twist the question before we get into the Twisted Question, presented by old Mitch Carsley back there. Twisted Question is brought to you by Twisted Tea the smoothest hard iced tea out there. Perfect for pool parties. Now, I'm gonna say this, perfect for tailgates. Tailgating season is coming, boys, Load yourself up with twisted tea. Twist the tea lights for people like, oh, there's a lot of sugar, a lot of carbs and everything else. Twist the tea light is a nice little substitute to enjoy refreshing ice tea with some twists in there, with a little bit of kick, five percent ABV, natural and casual. It's your favorite parts about twisted tea, and that is the beverage itself, a nice ice cold twisted tea, and also the camaraderie that you have at these tailgates. But grab a refreshing twisted tea today. You can pretty much find it everywhere. Go support the boys, go hard, go twisted, you know what I'm saying. But light goes one way, twist the tea goes the other. They're fucking representing the boys. So go ahead, grab yourself a twisted the tea anywhere today. But this twisted question, jacket or not, Jack Mitch, give it to us.
Speaker 3: All right, so we cat we have two that we can do here and we can pick which one we want. Okay, first one, would you rather the ability to change the past or see into the future?
Speaker 2: Have only done one like that before? Okay? To me? It be to me it'd be changed the past. Would you either it be summer forever or winter forever? Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean, and I said, I said for something. This was more for like me. If you wanted it to be fall forever or spring forever, we could do whatever one.
Speaker 6: I think maybe fall in winter and spring and summer together. I don't know. That's tough. That's so tough.
Speaker 4: I think you have to do summer right.
Speaker 6: No more football ever?
Speaker 2: Why there's football? There's what do you know?
Speaker 1: You're saying, like you get the phone. Oh you're saying you get the months with it, like you only get Are you just saying?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I think that's the case. Like it's so you only get what like the weather. It's not like it's hot all year as cold a year.
Speaker 6: It's like you get the.
Speaker 4: End of November until what the beginning of March.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that seems fair.
Speaker 1: Or you get from like is it May to August, June, July, August, one of the end of May, end of May, the beginning of August.
Speaker 2: For what summer summer. Yeah, summer really goes into like September. My birthday's first day summer. When's your birthday?
Speaker 4: June twenty first, that's the first day of summer.
Speaker 2: That's no, that's bullshit.
Speaker 4: First day of summer is first day.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I believe that the fucking internet might say that the first day of summer is June twenty first, but the.
Speaker 4: First day of summer it is no later than June first.
Speaker 1: I could argue some of the back half of some of the back part of May, like whenever school is out, summer summer is here.
Speaker 6: I would agree that those first few weeks.
Speaker 1: Of June, let's just say summer is officially now June first.
Speaker 2: You're just saying like when it gets warm or no.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying like that's just what it is. Sure, well, I I yeah, I guess you got. I mean, if it's if it's only the months I'm gonna go winter then because you get football, I personally, I'm more of a I would rather play in the in the cold than play in the heat. I would rather be cold than be hot, because I get extremely like I can just get too antsy man, Like you can layer up in the cold.
Speaker 3: I think it's easy. It's easier to warm up than it is to cold cool down. Yeah, you can always put extra blankets on, extra sweatshirt, sweatpants, but you cannot like once you like are in shorts and a T shirt. Like you can just take your clothes off, but you can still be hot with your clothes off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say winter.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say winter, holiday season, playoff, football, super bowls, still in still in the winter. You know what I'm saying, What else do you need? But what else do you need? I mean, that's the that's like the most uh. I feel like when you have the most perspective, when you have the most gratitude is when you're in holid season, enjoin.
Speaker 2: The people you love.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah it's a little cold outside, Yeah the winner can be a little shitty, But I think that that's what creates the mentality.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I agree, Sam, we're all going winter. Yeah, you need to find another one where we disagree here, No, I think that one solid.
Speaker 1: I think people I think people think we're crazy for doing winter. It actually reminds me of this poem I was reading earlier. Let's see here. This poem is brought to us by UH. Was shared by Brian Peters, a great follow on Twitter Brian underscore Peters ten. But it's a poem called good Timber by Douglas Malik. Listen to this one, boys. The tree that never had to fight for sun and sky and air and light, but stood out in the open plane and always got its share of rain, never became a forest king, but lived and died a scrubby thing. The man who never had to toil to gain and farm his patch of soil, who never had to win his share of sun and sky and light and air, never became a manly man, but lived and died as he began. Good timber does not grow with ease. The stronger wind, the stronger trees, the further sky, the greater length, the more the storm, the more the strength by sun and cold, by rain and snow. In trees and men, good timbers grow where thickest lies the forest growth. We find the patriarchs of both, and they hold council with the stars, whose broken branches show the scars of many winds and much of strife. This is the them and law of life? Does that not.
Speaker 2: Juice you up? You were speaking right there.
Speaker 4: That's Douglas Mallick dude. Shared by Brian Peters, now shared by Will Compton on Busting with the Boys. That's a good poem. That's a good poem to have.
Speaker 1: That shows you're built in a winner, You're built in the trials and tribulations of life. You feel me, jack, That right there doesn't get it get you excited for gambling this fall? If that right there doesn't get you ready to fail miserably on a parlay and a lot of bets. Only just read that poem and come back the next week ready to swing. Time to set sail, boys, Time to set sail before we do as we set sail, Set sail with some fucking whiskey that makes you feel like a man, That makes you feel like those timber trees standing strong, standing tall.
Speaker 4: We got a few bottles right here.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: They're known for their Rye whiskey. Whistle Pig is one of the most credible, probably believe, the most credible rye whiskey brand in all of the fucking land out in the mountains of Vermont. They craft an incredible rye whiskey. They're known for their sixth year, which we have right here. That's their most popular, best price point, flies off the shelves, But some of their hitters. I'm holding their ten year phenomenal, phenomenal ride by the way.
Speaker 4: But their twelve year might be my personal favorite.
Speaker 1: Now, if you have the you have the wallet to get yourself the uh the boss hogs of the world, go ahead and dive yourself in there. Uh, but we also have a whistle pig. Wanted to do a bourbon whiskey. They chose Busting with the Boys is one of their only maybe their only brand to uh do a bourbon with. They made a bourbon on their own and then they had Bust with the Boys make a bourbon on our own. Um, you're gonna taste some sweet, some some heat up front. You're gonna smell a little bit of caramel. You're gonna taste a little little bit of that black pepper heat right at the very tip top of your throat when you're about to swallow to where you're a little scared.
Speaker 4: You're a little nervous walking into the cave.
Speaker 1: However, as it goes down your throat, picture yourself in the backyard on a fall autumn day, the football game's about to kick off in noon, and you're swinging in a hammock in the backyard. That's how it goes down your throat. Smooth, soft, easy, and it's just warmly on the very tip top of your gut. You can find this whistle Pig whiskey, especially our bourbon, as you see with the sticker up top here. You can find our bourbon sold at any whistle Pig retailer. Wherever you get your whistle Pig, call up your local retailer, ask if they have the bustle with the boys.
Speaker 4: Bourbon, Say you want ten of them, and then go pick it up.
Speaker 1: But go ahead and grab yourself a bottle of whistle Pig whiskey and kick your kiss, your work day, goodbye this summer this fall, and kick it off with a ride ay. Kick it off with the ride ay and a little bit of bourbon with the boys. That was a smooth That was a smooth little adver read for the boys. For whistle Pig Man, they should definitely clip that and use it as like they're opening video on their website. Should we do a tier talk? I thought I thought of a fun little tiar talk. Are we able to do a tiar talk? Best things about August? We're in the months of August. There's a lot of fomo. You see all the football clips going on and everything else, and there's a little bit of fomo about like getting involved more with August. I feel like the first day at school, So I mean, you're picking your first outfit to go back, Like you can feel the energy of football season in school coming and that spirit is in the air. And what better way to kick it off than to talk about some of our favorite things about the month of August. I fucked the god here, dude, fuck the gods. Let's make it about us. What we got to here be football comes back. I mean that is God's here, all right, God to your football comes back.
Speaker 2: Mitch, you go ahead with your tier talk. I get a couple of seconds, or now, sure you get a couple of seconds. Let me.
Speaker 1: I'll go ahead and get in online. Favorite things about August football being back is on my list.
Speaker 2: That's all that really matters.
Speaker 1: Favorite things about August. My my Tier three is gonna be specific Nebraska football coming back. You know the boys are in training camp right now. They just unveiled their new locker room. Their new facilities are getting put together. The boys have some rule aid, they have some momentum going into the season, and you feel it every year with Nebraska football. You know the farm owners they're ready to come to the facilities and cook their fucking wagu steaks and their thick ribbies for the boys.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, after practice, we'll cook.
Speaker 1: We'll be outside and you're having that tomahawk and eating it off the bone with the bone in your hand, and you just know that Nebraska football's coming back. That's my tier three, is that little tickle about Nebraska football. My tier two is gonna be prepping for that fantasy football team. The group chats are starting up again for fantasy football. The shit talkins in the air. The whoever won were last year, their shit still doesn't stink. They can talk down to everybody else, the ones who suck, the one who's got to I think the loser of our the loser of our fantasy league this year is going to have to sit at a restaurant with a blow up doll, with the sex doll. And I'm trying to get in the stipulation that it has to be on Instagram Live. But my Tier two is gonna be prepping for that fantasy football draft. There's nothing like like getting ready seeing what's happening in the preseason, seeing what guys you're gonna pick up. When I was in the trenches with the boys, I'd go up to, you know, the Derrick Henry's of the world.
Speaker 2: Hey, where we at? Like, how you feeling about.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get the rock twenty to thirty times a game again this season, you think, because I'm thinking about taking you one overall.
Speaker 4: Hey, Christian McCaffrey, Well, how's the body feeling?
Speaker 2: Up and down? Up and down?
Speaker 1: Years put together a hell of a year last year, and your boy took him first overall, Christian McCaffrey, and it fucking paid off. My Tier one, My Tier one. Here in the pads popping, here in the pads popping. Yeah, Football's back. Football's back is God teer, but specifically the sounds of football. When you hear the pads popping, the pads come on, the shoulder pads come on for the first time, and you start hearing it.
Speaker 4: You start hearing the boys.
Speaker 1: Kissing throughout the country, laying the wood, knocking, somebody's dick in the dirt. Some no name comes out of nowhere, kenne Vacaro. He was on the He was on the street, as you would like to say, when he got either cut or whatever from the New Orleans Saints, was waiting for an opportunity. He had to sign a minimum deal with the Tennessee Titans. Comes to the Titans, comes to the Titans. Middle of camp. I want to say he was running with the second team, third team. Don't fucking remember, but all I do know this, the motherfucker laid the wood on somebody to set the tone his first day out in pads. That led to him obviously taking over the reins, being the starting safety for a couple of years, and then re up into a big deal. But took advantage of an opportunity coming back in. But it all started when he came to camp on a minimum deal and laid the fucking pike to somebody.
Speaker 4: No, homo, actually you know what. No pause, But that's my tier one.
Speaker 1: When you start hearing the pads pop, it gets you a little giddy inside, It gets the blood flow below the belt.
Speaker 2: That's my tier one. That is my tier talk. I'll be doing a one word yeah, go ahead, football.
Speaker 1: Hard, one word, boner, legendary. All right, go ahead, Mitchell Jack.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna not revolve everything around football like you did. Uh, not a football guy. I mean it is, but it's got to. I mean it's football. Is everything that you just said, fantasy football, pats popping, Nebraska football, it's all.
Speaker 2: It's all the same thing. I'm right there with you. I'm getting juiced up too. But my Tier three.
Speaker 3: The reason it's Tier three, it's because it kind of sucks, but like a part of it makes you sort of excited a little bit. But school's back like being able to Yeah, it sucks going to school. It sucks doing your homework and sitting in class, so you really don't give a shit about But you're kind of like back with your boys, sort of back at the cafeteria table back, just like messing around in the parking lot after school.
Speaker 4: You're just back with your boys, just chasing tail.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's being.
Speaker 1: Too nervous to actually chase it for real, telling your boys your yeah, yeah, don't do that, don't yeah.
Speaker 3: My my tier two this is dependent on where you grew up. Like some parts of the country might be a little bit different, but like the weather starts to sort of change, Like you'll get that little like that little tease in August where it's like it's like seventy five in the mid afternoon, like one of them good days.
Speaker 2: It's like up in Pa.
Speaker 3: You'll get that every every now and then, like maybe you start seeing like that one tree that's a little older, a little weaker, it starts to change its colors a little earlier, Like you start to get that that fall vibe. It's hey, it's it's coming, it's here, and my tier one. I guess this sort of has to do with football, but it's those summer workouts with your team, with your with this squad you're going in football season with just be like.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's here, we're about it. We're about to do this thing. It's our year. Beginning of the season, during the summer workouts, you've been seeing how much work you've been putting in, Like we're going undefeated this year. We're in prs. You're in them prs have weight, just light weight, doing your thing.
Speaker 3: Just with that with it being in the air and just being so close you can almost taste it. It's it makes those workouts a little bit easier. It's my tier one.
Speaker 2: That's solid, very solid.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, Mitch's one of them kids too. Who took the picture serious?
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, mild good like took the photo serious, h my tiar talk.
Speaker 5: Number three is coming in is just back to school, and it relates for adults and kids in school, because I remember, you go all summer long, like in high school or middle school or whatever, and you're actually pretty excited for that first week back, see a lot of the old friends, kind of show off.
Speaker 6: Some new shoes or new shirt, whatever it may be.
Speaker 5: And then also if you're on the opposite side of it as an adult parent kid or or someone without kids, one your kids are back in school, more time for you, or just like normal places where kids are being you know, out of control, whether it's like a public pool or the gym, they are now subjected to school, so they're no longer in the free world. Yeah, kind of get them out of the way, so it's kind of like a nice deal for both of them.
Speaker 2: Back to school.
Speaker 5: Number two is probably gonna be Friday night Lights. It's like the first month where high school football comes back and where I grew up. I was really close to Brentwood Academy. I didn't go there, but I lived a street over, so every Friday night when they had a home game, you'd see the lights getting fired up. You're the announcers on it, and then like you could just like feel the energy of the crowd from a few streets away. And that's kind of like the first moment where I feel like fall is starting to like break. So whether it's football or Friday night lights, it's kind of all encompassing. And I think number one for me, I don't want to like pick yock years, but it's my favorite time of year.
Speaker 2: It's fantasy.
Speaker 5: Like my boys and me like take our fantasy league extremely serious. Our commissioner does like seven or eight different polls so that we can really figure out what we want for our league this year.
Speaker 6: And we just finished up our last one.
Speaker 5: And I think our draft is like the first week of or maybe like Labor Day weekends, like a week before football actually starts. So yeah, it's like the first time when you're really starting to like, no, the football is making a return. You've got a chance to take another run at a championship. You gotta start dialing in. You start hitting the forums, really doing your research. So it's just like a really good time of year where things start pushing away from hot weather, away from summer into a more structured.
Speaker 2: Friday night light.
Speaker 6: It's football time of year.
Speaker 2: So that is me solid. Nice.
Speaker 1: Did you we get a speaking on fantasy football? Should we do a bust with the boys league?
Speaker 5: I was just gonna mention that after this, So I think so, And I'm willing to like set it up for us and we can just have like pretty standard rules and if we.
Speaker 6: Want to get three other people, how many we have seven it would be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we get clumbs.
Speaker 5: So we get to add in like two more people and make it a ten man league to like standard PPR snake draft. I mean, unless anyone else wants to do other styles of draft.
Speaker 6: That's my method.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. I like that as well.
Speaker 6: No, like defensive however.
Speaker 1: We we boosted the defensive stats a little bit, okay, to give defense more of a rule like that in uh in fantasy.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I know we tried to do that last year and I think it just kind of got away from us and the season started and we're like, okay, maybe next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're right, You're right about that.
Speaker 5: Down to to get one organized and get us all in like a draft here in the next few weeks.
Speaker 2: We should do that.
Speaker 6: It'd be a great thing to.
Speaker 5: Like just have like a ten minute segment what we're doing, and we can do like a funny punishment, Yeah, a loser that people are gonna obviously want to watch.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, like, one, it could be like a little segment we do on the show and like kind of something for the people to keep up with, but also like we have that punishment at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, what's the punishment going to be? I can't. I said something like you gotta go bald, but the loser should have to transition to the other sex. I mean, that's that's it.
Speaker 6: I mentioned this in my fantasy up.
Speaker 5: I mean this year is that you had to drive to Mount Rushmore and take a selfie and drive back, which just the thirty six hour commute there and back.
Speaker 4: How would you know that somebody wouldn't just buy a flight.
Speaker 5: Oh, we'd like have to get like an update like every hour on the road, like you in the car.
Speaker 6: So like, yeah, we wouldn't. We wouldn't let someone get away.
Speaker 2: It could be fun.
Speaker 1: That's better than probably, you know, right, Your last thing we need is to get get caught at having things around what they do. You see the people, like some of their fans sometimes come after us, and I'll just be like surprised, like I didn't I didn't know, but maybe in the subconscious mind I saw it somewhere, you know what I mean, Like you just saying.
Speaker 2: Like we do the exact same thing. Part of my take.
Speaker 5: Maybe comments on the YouTube ooh yeah, yeah, if you're on, if you're watching right now, leave a good comment on what the punishment should be if you lose, you get last place.
Speaker 2: In our fantasy football league.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into our Let's get into our last segment before we start getting into the uh the interviews with the Chargers. This segment is brought to you by Dude Wipes. The Shittiest Moment segment. Still using toilet paper, drop the TP and pick up Dude Wipes the wet extra large flushbowl wipe that clears instead of smears. Wiping wet just cleans better than wiping dry. Get confidently clean with Dude Wipes that gets all the crap toilet paper left behind.
Speaker 5: Um.
Speaker 1: You can pick up Due wipes on Amazon or Target or Walmart nationwide.
Speaker 4: Dude Wipes is pivotal here.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: You know, you get in there and you hit that sandpaper effect. Some little Dingleberry boys on the TP can be in there. It can be mixed in those hairs, especially when you shower and you feel the me you peel them away and you're like, God, damn it, I wish there s wooden stick to my hair. With dude wipes, you don't get that shit. You don't get that lazy TP that wants to sit behind in your ass crack, hanging on, hanging out with the hair around your buttthole. You need to get dude wipes to clean all of it away. Then you can get a little sandpaper effect and even maybe.
Speaker 2: Go a little farther.
Speaker 1: But the shittiest question, the shittiest moment, Let's go with the worst parts of training camp. Let's go with the worst parts of training camp. I wrote a few down because I was thinking the other day. I was like, man, because there's times where you're like mistraining camp. But then you like try and remind yourself, like why you don't miss training camp?
Speaker 4: Shittiest parts of training camp. I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Going live when you have live periods, when you're in the thicket training camp and the coaches want like a live period every day, the very first live might get you a little spicy, get you a little sauce up, especially if you're somebody trying to make the roster.
Speaker 4: You're like, okay, let's fucking turn it up.
Speaker 1: You go goal line live or something like that, although goal line is fucking a blood bath at times, but going live when your body is just it's like when you wake up, when you wake up in bed, you feel it in your feet, your ankles, your knees. You're getting down, you're trying to do some movement, you're trying to do some yoga, some stretches to get your blood flown a little bit. You feel them is on your feet, you feel them aches in your joints, and you're like a man.
Speaker 4: The last thing I want to do.
Speaker 1: I hope coach doesn't call live period and it's hot as fuck out there, and then live period gets called up, like hey, I hear there's gonna be some live today. The ones don't have to go, but the twos and threes are gonna make you guys go live, like move the ball the full field or a full period of live. You're like in scrimmage and you're just like, man, fucking for what that's one another one? Chafing if you're not loaded up with that gold bond, dude, Chafing in camp is the fucking worst because you're wearing like, you know, spandex, You're wearing all that stuff, but at the tip top of your thighs, man, your ass crack, you can start chafing. And if you get in some bad chafing situation, which I've been in before, it sucks.
Speaker 2: It is the most uncomfortable. Shit.
Speaker 1: You feel like a pussy because you're like you're kind of like wading a little bit and you kind of want to tell people, but you don't want to tell people. Chafing sucks. And then the another shitty part, this is probably the worst feeling, is when there starts to get a rumor floated around that the second half of the day is gonna get canceled or you're gonna have a movie night, only to get in the mindset that you're.
Speaker 4: You're not going to be on.
Speaker 1: The field, like, oh hell yeah, this is coming at the perfect time in camp. You start joking with your boys, only to learn that nothing is canceled and you're going out for that afternoon practice or.
Speaker 2: Joke through, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: And then you you also learn on top of that you have to sit in meetings after that ship and not even meetings are canceled.
Speaker 4: But when you get pranked, you get you get.
Speaker 1: Duped into thinking that it's a movie night or the second half the day is canceled, and only for it to be a rumor that really pisses you off.
Speaker 2: It happened.
Speaker 1: It happened when you were at the Titans where we thought it was gonna be a movie night because we would do movie nights in Washington. But that really pissed me off. But those are probably the worst parts about Those are the shittiest parts of training camp. Oh oh yeah, for two minutes sucks for me. Granted I played D three, so it's a lot different. But like when you we would always be an offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two minute on offense and we would always do it first period of the day.
Speaker 2: You're done stretching and stuff.
Speaker 4: You're not two minutes to start practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not even really ready to do anything. And next thing.
Speaker 3: You know, you're going down the field to too, like and everybody knows like you're non stop running and as a receiver, like you are cooked by like fifteen minutes into practice.
Speaker 1: And now you think, I think everybody hates practicing two minutes do because you're right, I mean being it's like I consider like, oh, being a white linebacker in.
Speaker 4: Two minutes like that, you're you're not in a more.
Speaker 1: Vulnerable spot, but being a receiver, and you got to run fucking every route.
Speaker 4: It's tempo, get on the ball, it's clock management.
Speaker 1: The only one who can seem to enjoy it's probably the fucking quarterback because we're always doing two minutes at the end of practice, and you're nobody's wanted to do two minutes after doing all those periods of everything else.
Speaker 2: Dog rape.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we do put the ball down, like right after stretch, so you're not even any type of warmed up and you're doing put the ball down, like put the ball down, move the ball like competition out there, popping ready to go, No individual nothing to really lub yourself up from outside of the bullshit, bullshit calistenics.
Speaker 2: You do in the in the warm up that competition stuff.
Speaker 3: You're doing camp, though, did you guys ever do like not necessarily one on ones, but we did this thing called ten lines. You line up on the goal line and you have like that rubber thing in between you, and it's just mono y mono, just whoever can push somebody back.
Speaker 2: The first Oklahoma drill, like it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't Oklahoma drill because it was just like you're lined up like offensive defensive lineman. It's just like a blocking drill, like you just literally just have to drive the other person back.
Speaker 4: We didn't do that in the in the NFL, but we did.
Speaker 1: Like the first two years in college at Nebraska, You're standing around like, man, I hope coach don't put me up against some motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Now. The way we did it, like we would call each other out like.
Speaker 4: Nice, I like that, Like I immediately go after the kicker.
Speaker 2: Like I we had your ass out here.
Speaker 3: We had like an all American corner and everybody knew it was me versus him. So like every single time we did it, it was always him and I your boy one.
Speaker 2: A lot of the time.
Speaker 4: You want that, dude, you know you're stronger than in the weight room.
Speaker 3: This dude was stronger than me and he's a beast and he still is. But like, we just always got.
Speaker 2: Him in the leverage game. Yeah, I love that. Get under him, get fucking drive the pads. Yeah. Ah. Man.
Speaker 4: Again, it's like the you miss it and then.
Speaker 1: Some parts of you just don't miss all that physical that physicality.
Speaker 4: But football is just amazing.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: You're imposing your will on somebody else, and you're doing it with a with a a group, you know what I mean. Everybody's kind of got like a different role, a different element, a different fit in the scheme.
Speaker 4: You're all trying to kind of accomplish the same thing. I fucking love it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Let's get in these how long we been going an hour? Fuck, let's get in these interviews. If you're new here, we always do long ass. We call him intros. I don't even know why we call him intros. This is just the podcast. But again, if you've been sticking around, make sure to subscribe, leave comments. Let's get into these interviews with the Chargers, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Austin Eckler. Brought to us by Paramount Plus. They are sponsoring They sponsored all of our training camp interviews. So they sponsored the whole entire LA trip. Shout out to the boys stream Paramount plus you know on your smart TV.
Speaker 2: But without further ado, here are the interviews.
Speaker 7: First stop at the training camp tour Los Angeles, California, where the Chargers were sitting here with Austin Eckler, one of the best running backs in the entire league, and also will is Old.
Speaker 4: One of the best landlords in the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the best is the Yeah, when you were at the Raiders, you stay at his place, right He charged me rent.
Speaker 2: I paid rent. There was there was.
Speaker 4: He's a phenomenal landlord. He's the business man, is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, He's got a couple of things going on.
Speaker 1: You got an app, You've got real estate, real estate, a lot of nonprofits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, huge real casey juju.
Speaker 8: You guys just we just built the way right down the beat right down the street here for Long Beach Bolly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So a lot of stuff going on. He does a lot of stuff.
Speaker 7: No ship, how was well? Uh, I guess when you got.
Speaker 8: Back, how was I mean, there wasn't really much in the house, like there was like I just got the house. I was like, look, man, there's not a lot in there. There's enough to get buy though, and so that's I guess that was enough. So it wasn't too much. And you saw You're like, I bet there was a there was a food left in the fridge, but I mean that if that's it, then I'm like.
Speaker 7: Whatever, we'll take out your throwing the garbage, yourself had a couple of the anything else was Intactpee.
Speaker 4: And Garrett, we're out there and I burnt the pizza in the house.
Speaker 7: A little smoke coming out of the oven. Yeah, yeah, yeah, little smoke coming out of the oven. He's still own that place now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: When you think about we'll get the football and stag when you think about the ending of football, like what is your end goal with all these.
Speaker 8: Different Yeah, Man, for me, I'm really trying to just continue to expand myself, expand my capabilities, and put myself in positions to actually challenge those And so even like right now, I've basically doubled my team this summer, and I have two new things that I'm starting, starting this website that's like a big aggregate of like all the NFL players, like foundations and like merch lines and things like that, so it's like a one stop shop. And then I had like this discord event company that I'm starting. So all of these things are always going on, and I think I find myself where I get like, I get impatient. I want to go do more, you know, like football is going on, but it's like, Okay, I still have time to do stuff, and so I continue to build these different like situations where I can build a team around a company, build a company, let that thing operate, and then I build another one and I do another one. And so that's where I am right now, and I've been doing that for like four years now, so all my endeavors are kind of starting to add up and starting to grow this empire.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, how do you go about compartmentalizing all that while playing football? Yeah, so making sure you're not in the meeting room thinking about yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, really when I'm here at football, when it's time for football, like I am totally locked in at football, just like when I'm thinking about those things, it's like I'm only hyper focused on those And so when I'm here and going into year seven, you know how it is, you learn how to be a pro, You learn how how the offenses work. You know pretty much every offense. Now I've learned three of them. They're all the same. We just call it different things. And I've gotten to a routine. I love working out like that's that's what I do. And so that helps where it's like I'm already wanting to work and do the things that are going to help me with football just on my own, and so then when it comes time to football, I'm already ready to go physically, and now it's just learning the mental stuff.
Speaker 7: When you came out and got in the NFL, when did you start to feel more comfortable about doing stuff outside of football?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Great question, because yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 8: When I first started, right, I was I was undrafted, six string, had a scratching claw to get on the team, up on special teams, and for me, that was what I was hyper focused on, just making sure I could implement myself into this league and trying to make an impact and be consistent and show that okay, I can I can play at this level with this team or some other team ended up being this team, and then got a routine going was consistent. That's what I would like to say, Like people say oh, you're this great running back. Like what differentially, I'm just really consistent within my job. You'd be surprised how far I can take you. But once I got into my second year, I really figured out how to start being a pro. So after my second year, going into my third year, I was like, okay, like I got a good grasp on this. I've I've just pretty much established myself. You know, I've had success. The coaching staff trust me, right, I know how to actually get ready for season. And then that's when I started getting into real estate and bought my first rental properties.
Speaker 1: Who were some of the veteran mentors that you like learn from and be like, Okay, after a year or two, I've kind of learned how to be a pro. Who are some of the guys you watched from afar or directly influenced.
Speaker 8: In the locker room, you know, there's so many different types of people, There's so many different clicks and things like that. And so we had our running back room, and Melvin Gordon was like the guy that was in front of me. He was he was just like the number one in our locker room for a while in uh in the running back room and for us, like during the time here, like we all work together, but when you go home, you're on your own.
Speaker 9: And so like when we were.
Speaker 8: Here, like yeah in the meeting room, like like I see how much he understands the game and things like that. So that was something I was able to learn from here. But then you know how it gets when you get outside the doors, it's on you.
Speaker 9: What do you want to do?
Speaker 8: And it goes back to even how I even got to this point, Like I was so focused in college too, but I thought I was going into business, and so I was hyper focused on business building, my my connections, my relationships, my capabilities in the business world. But that that that drive and grind was also playing over into my football career where I was trying to increase my scholarship and so that demeanor coming into the PROB level, right, it was the same thing it was like when it was when I was done with the season or on my own time, like I'm studying, I'm like, I'm making sure that I can pick up any little thing that I can to make sure I'm consider didn't do my job, because you don't want it to be something that you didn't do to cause you to fail right where it's like I should have I should have done this, and that would like nah, I couldn't do that to myself.
Speaker 7: You know when you're you bring up Melvin Gordon, Yeah, he's been on our podcast.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we were telling this offseason a yeah, but.
Speaker 7: You you walk into your room, undrafted guy scratching a call on. You see this dude, he had the career he did at Wisconsin, You see him balling out in the league, and then you start to obviously overtake and essentially take his job at the end of the day, Like, was there ever a dynamic shift that you noticed throughout the time that he was here once you started to become the guy.
Speaker 8: No, for us, it was I mean for me, I was like super higher focus on whatever role I had.
Speaker 9: At the beginning, it was just special teams.
Speaker 8: It was like, all right, Austin, you had a great you know, preseason on special teams to like five tackles and special teams in the preseason games and it was like, Okay, well this guy can run, he can tackle it, and so yeah, I was decent at running back, but I wasn't making crazy plays. My plays that I were making was on special teams, so I'm running down on special teams. And then my third, my third game in my rookie year, I get my first ever carry and it was a thirty four yard ripper right up the freaking middle for a touchdown. Oh yeah, yeah it was thirty cheese. Yeah, this is a little trap play. Yeah yeah, cheese mouse trap. We have a whole bunch of codes, code names and stuff. Yeah, and so yeah, rip it up and yeah, thirty four yard touchdown.
Speaker 9: I'm just full of emotion.
Speaker 8: And I think that was kind of like, okay, like maybe this guy can play offense a little bit. And then actually Brandon Oliver, the guy that was in front of me, ended up like tweaking his hamstring or something. So then I did become the number two, and then I did started playing more offense my rookie year, and they're like, okay, like, yeah, he's consistent, knows what he's doing.
Speaker 9: You can trust him in the game.
Speaker 8: And then going into the next year, I was like half and half like and it was like half offense, half defense. And then the next year after that was the year that Melbourne held out for the first three games, and so then I was they were like Okay, Austin's gonna get a test. Let's see if he can hold the rope. We come out, I have an overtime like touchdown. I go off the first game I had like three touchdowns like one hundred and sixty seventy yards, and then start establishing myself like okay, like this guy can actually play football, and that they took me off with special teams, and I was just strictly that'd.
Speaker 2: Be the best feeling in the world.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So there's progression that you saw within and really it wasn't that I was doing anything crazy, just doing my job, doing at a high level, doing it consistently, and you know, it carries over into so many different things, you know, all the aspects that I have outside of football as well. Like I see in my mind where it's like I take a project and I apply those same at the principles that I live by to it. And that's how I'm able to build and do so many because I'm not in the in the weeds and doing trying to do every little thing.
Speaker 9: I'm just trying to do my portion of it.
Speaker 8: And then I'll set it in especially for the companies, I'll set up other people to do their portion of it, and my portion is to oversee it right, right, And when I'm in this room, it's like, Okay, my portion is to play running back, right.
Speaker 9: I'm not trying to do as much too much.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to play running back to the highest level that I possibly can. And the rest of the team is right those teams that I put around myself as well.
Speaker 9: So it's something that can rinse and repeat and I can just keep doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've definitely you've obviously established yourself as like a premiere back in the league. You're businessman, you can tell you always see the wheels turning up top. Yeah, all the headlines with the running back market and everything else. Ye, Dalvin Cook, he just took a he just accepted a deal. Ezekiel Elliott. Yeah, kind of softer deal. Yeah, one year deals, franchise tags and all that. You've been somebody who's seems to be like one of the leaders of that running back group.
Speaker 2: Where do you.
Speaker 1: See this market going? How do you see all this shifting? Like what is the strategy in your mind as you see it from a bird's eye view?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know there's been a new narrative that's been coming out because of the contract situation that's going on, and for us as running backs right now, I think it's important.
Speaker 9: For us to talk about it.
Speaker 8: And what we can do is one thing which I think is amazing, to keep doing what we're doing right now as far as playing, like keep making a huge impact on your team. You know, there's average players in the NFL, but then there's the outliers, and those outliers are the guys that are setting the new markets, pushing the boundaries. And the reason they're doing that is because they're not the average. So when we have these narratives that are coming out where they're comparing the outliers to the average, it really hurts us, you know, and that that's not fair to those guys. You know, you can't say, oh, well, running backs in general only get this many yards.
Speaker 9: What about those guys? What about you know, you know Josh.
Speaker 8: Jacobs who just ran for sixteen hundred yards and all those touchdowns and basically carry the Raiders offense. You know what about ze I mean, Saquon what he's been doing. You know, Tony Pollard, those guys that are not the average, right and when you compare them to that you could probably justify, yeah, if you shouldn't be paying anything, but you could do that for every position.
Speaker 9: You know, why are you doing that for the running backs right now?
Speaker 8: And so for us, what I want us to do and what we've decided is let's keep talking about let's try to change this narrative understanding make up.
Speaker 9: Let people know that, hey, we can still make a big impact.
Speaker 8: And you see that, you go ask the Giants, fans and the coaching staff how big of a you know, impact Saquon is on the field right to when he's not on the field, and they'll tell you that. And so for us, it's it's talking about that and so people understand that you cannot compare the outline to the average and then justify paying them because of that. And then another thing that we need to do is continue to keep balling out, continue to do that right and as we do that, I mean, time will show as it has in the past, that yes.
Speaker 9: We can make an impact on our team.
Speaker 8: And not all running backs make a huge impact, but the ones that do, we need them to step up. Like me, there's this theory around twenty eight year olds like, oh, you know, that's when they start dropping off. I'm twenty eight, so it's on me, so on my shoulders, go out there and prove them wrong.
Speaker 1: You know, where do you see the market going? Like, where do you want it? Where do you guys like want it to go? Collectively?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I think it just wanted to stay consistent, just like every other market is. You know, I'm not saying we have any guys that are pushing the top and need to bust open the market cap right now and are the best new thing. I think Christians still at that level and holding it down at the top. You know, you could make some arguments from some other guys, but no one's even getting close to those types of contracts where it's like you're telling me they're that far away and I can't believe that.
Speaker 9: I don't buy that.
Speaker 8: And so there's been a decline as far as you know, these reupping of contracts. And you know, we saw it with a franchise tag where it's like now, instead of giving Saquon all those three guys write a chance to go get an open market. They've been tagged and they've been you know, stuck at an artificial set number. Are they worth that maybe maybe not, but they don't get an opportunity, and so you won't know, and so it messes up our market. So now when you're getting compared to people, how the market works, Oh well, sak one's only getting ten, so we're gonna give you less than that because you're not as good as him.
Speaker 9: But maybe he should be making fifteen sixteen, fifteen, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 9: One's going to know because he never got to the open market.
Speaker 7: Because it seems like with a lot of position group, it's like the next guy up, the next guy up who's played well enough, he just resets the market, and then that guy resets it. Yeah, exactly, it always off. It's a lineman, which is all I really know. Like some guy sets the market and then six months later there's a new line.
Speaker 2: Then there's a new line.
Speaker 7: One thing you brought up a little bit ago that was a notable point is you're saying the biggest thing is for guys just to stay and keep balling for their team.
Speaker 2: Was there ever a.
Speaker 7: Discussion for you guys like we need to hold out as a running back group. It's because it seems like like if you're being undervalued, so much. Someone must have brought that to the table, like do we just hold out of this whole thing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, it's definitely been brought up. You know, you can go back and forth or whether that's that's good or not. I just I just know as a collective, it puts a lot of pressure on not necessarily the older guys, but the younger guys, you know, because it's like if you have a rookie or first year or second year or even a bubble guy that's like, I need to make the team.
Speaker 9: And now you're asking the holdout.
Speaker 8: It's like, man, that's that's a tough spot to put a to put anybody like, you're not gonna get paid either, So we're taking a risk here and getting everyone on board with that. It takes time, and it takes I think a reason that would be bigger than just the running backs and maybe you know, as a collective of the entire union, but now I think it comes down to everyone's individual you know kind of situation like do you think that's going to be a power move for you not to sign your franchise tag or to hold out based off of you know, your Senate scenario. And it's it's all individual what you what do your what does your team think you can do?
Speaker 9: What are the commerce says that you have?
Speaker 8: And because maybe the team is interested in getting something done, but you're close, but you're not You're not on the same page yet, so maybe you hold out to maybe kind of close that small gap, or if you're really far apart, it's like, ah, I don't know. If you can hold out, it might not do anything, you know. So I think there's different factors that play into everyone's situation, a lot of different variables.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like, what are the conversations like when it comes to the thought of the running back having their own union?
Speaker 8: No, no, I mean I've heard narratives like that. I think those are coming from outside sources. I've never heard any of our guys say that. It doesn't really make sense to me because if we're not utilizing our own union that we have now, which is a lot more powerful because it's all of us than what makes me think that we're going to do it.
Speaker 2: On our own right?
Speaker 8: And I mean, who's going to run that, you know, who's going to set that up? Like it's not just like, oh, we just started union. The union is us. We are the we are the union, you know, so if you want to do something, let's do it. Let's get it done. Like you already have the power to do what you want to do with your individual union, you know, like we can do it right now. What are you waiting for? You know, if you want to start your own union, why would you not like conversations like we had, Like that's what it is. It was the running backs. There was no there was no other position beside running backs on that. So basically we already have that noise. So I don't I just I think that's extra work. That's unnecessary.
Speaker 9: Brother.
Speaker 7: We appreciate you coming on. I know, literally twelve o two right now, you have to work out of twelve five.
Speaker 2: We could clearly talk to him for hours, for hours.
Speaker 8: We gotta run back, We gotta run back in the bus. No, you've been trying to get me out there. We'll make it happen. We'll make it happen. Hopefully get it done this next offseason and I'll have a whole empire to unload on you guys and let you guys know how's going.
Speaker 9: Yeah, awesome, good stuff.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this episode to bring you the official water of Busting with the Boys and Barstool Sports. Body Armor the official sports drink to sport water, to sports drinks. Body Armour keeps us hydrated all day long, whether we're talking, watching, or even playing sports. Body Armor is the go to choice, real hydration, real ingredients, no bullshit impact with electrolytes. Body Armour has great tasting flavors like strawberry, banana and blue raspberry. The best athletes and podcasters in the world hydrate with Body Armour. Guys like Christian McCaffrey, Will Compton, Taylor Wan, Alex Morgan, and the latest athlete to join the team, Joe Burrow. Honestly, I enjoy a lot of fucking flavors of body Armour. My favorite part of body Armor is going into any gas station or walking up you know, when you walk up to that fridge and you're just excited to know, like, what flavors do they have in stock?
Speaker 2: Am I gonna go with the water?
Speaker 1: All that kind of lame, like, let's go with a nice tasty sports drink. My favorite one is the is the fruit punch, Big fruit punch guy. But I do enjoy looking through all the flavors and seeing them in a nice well lit refrigerator at a gas station. Available in all stores nationwide. Head on over to body Armor to the body Armor store.
Speaker 2: Or I just butchered that.
Speaker 1: Head on over to the body Armor store on Amazon and get yours today drink body Armor. Back to the episode, gentlemen, whatcome the busting with the boys? First quest, who's the biggest try hard on the team?
Speaker 9: The biggest try hard on try hard? You pretty much can pick any defensive guy defense.
Speaker 10: I feel like defensive players always try hard. Yeah, they just yeah, they're extremely walk through.
Speaker 9: Yeah, to walk through, bro, the defensive guy you want to pick to give some some defense.
Speaker 1: Now for the for the defensive side, the offensive line is is taught to go at an unreasonable pace.
Speaker 7: Unnaturally though you think those big guys want to be running up and down the field like that yelled at.
Speaker 4: But it comes from the coaches. They like put some resks on, like hey.
Speaker 7: We need some finish down lineah, finish with the ball carrier goes running double route sixty yards, gets tackled at the five yard line.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's trotting down there. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: Joey Bosta though he's the guy you look at and you think probably not try hard.
Speaker 9: Guy in practice the only one that don't Kali don't really try hard either, Like yeah, because there's like an understanding like I would have made the play. Most of the guys is like I gotta get to my spot. I can't let you block me. I gotta like bro relaxed, Bro, Like you're probably not even gonna make the play, Bro.
Speaker 2: You made you.
Speaker 7: You bring up a great point, like getting to a point where you know like you're good enough, you made the roster. Not only made you made the roster, but you're a fucking star. Like when did that creep in for you? There was a little bit of there had to be some time there in the beginning.
Speaker 9: You're little insurance, say after probably after I made the Pro Bowl. Yeah, I already thought I was pretty good, but then I made the Pro Bowl and it was like all you made it with one of the guys, I was like twenty sixteen. That was after my ACS. So twenty sixteen, I think maybe twenty seventeen you did.
Speaker 1: You had comeback Player of the Year in Yeah, yeah, eventem right, that was same year.
Speaker 7: Okay, it was sixteen season, seventeen Pro Bowl.
Speaker 9: Yeah, something like that something like that, that.
Speaker 2: Is that is wild.
Speaker 7: And then from from then on, did it change your workout or just how you practice?
Speaker 9: No, I still practice hard. I'm not I'm not try hard, but I go pretty hard in practice.
Speaker 2: You do, don't think I go hard? God, it's a teammate. What's Kenny like as a teammate? Amazing? You know real now I'm being serious.
Speaker 10: He's like a coach, really, I mean he everybody go to him for, you know, examples of how to run a route. What do you think on this coverage? If he playing me like this, how should I run it? I feel like a lot more people go to him as far as you know running routes before a coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are nasty.
Speaker 7: You're right, running it is? Has that always been like a really important thing to you or did you realize early.
Speaker 2: I was always been shifty.
Speaker 9: I used to play running back and I was like, uh not very Sanders obviously, but I was like that was my play style, Like yeah, Barry Sanders, lt I make guys missing, you know all? And then I got Yeah. My sophomore year high school, I went up to like six three. So then I just had to take it out of a receiver. But I can't there hear me play style Nah, not have been levey On Bell something like that shift.
Speaker 7: Hey, Leveon Bell was different move he was almost like standing still for a little bit.
Speaker 2: He was different.
Speaker 7: Glitching Madden like this was just kind of falling around. He stand away from the hold to open and then get him.
Speaker 9: There any other running back do that? The coach is yelling, No.
Speaker 2: Mike Commlin, dude.
Speaker 7: He he just seems like he's got away with unique personalities like Roethlisberger, ab and Le'Veon on the same team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question.
Speaker 10: A.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is there an art running around?
Speaker 9: Absolutely? You gotta have a vision. It's definitely art man. You gotta set this guy up. You gotta paint a picture where he don't where he believes it.
Speaker 1: You know what's like something practical that you're able to just like say out loud because I feel like a lot of it is probably just got to be instinct.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a lot of it instinct. But I think more than that, this leverage. Once you know a guy's leverage, I can make him play the leverage more than he's supposed to. Like you know what I'm saying. I can really make that for people that don't so leverage. It starts with the safety. So if it's two safeties, he's gonna have inside leverage. If it's one safety, he's gonna have outside leverage. So once you could figure that out and you can see that pre snap, if he has outside leverage, I'm taking him outside as far as I want to take it. And now now the inside is that much more open, you know what I'm saying, saying thing with the outside. If he's inside leverage, I'm taking him inside.
Speaker 2: Is that something you had to learn early?
Speaker 9: Absolutely comfortable with you. I mean, like for a rookie, it's hard to do. I tell him all the time, like, look at the safety is if it's too high, he got inside leverage. But it's hard to like, yeah, you ain't.
Speaker 4: You ain't just about to like he said, he's still not comfortable.
Speaker 10: I do it sometimes, but yeah, I feel like he pushed it to like the farest point to where it's like but he still do it.
Speaker 7: Though, Like in your mind, when you're pushing somebody with outside leverage out, you think about that redlining practice.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm like, he's not gonna move and then I'm gonna come back in. He's gonna be waiting on me, but you try.
Speaker 2: To push to the gatory pile.
Speaker 7: I'm taking him, Yeah, taking him out there, and he gotta play it.
Speaker 2: He gotta play it. Yeah. Do y'all sell scout.
Speaker 1: Do y'all sell scout a lot to where you're like, Okay, I need this route to match up to what people are obviously preparing for, and this is how it can make it look like this, to change it up.
Speaker 9: That's where the art part comes in. You make everything look the same. You know what I'm saying. They don't know what's coming.
Speaker 7: So yeah, off of the line, I don't know how this is for you, but like just watching you on the outside, it's like, that's cool.
Speaker 2: It just seems like they're running. Seems like they're running.
Speaker 7: And then I know you, like you sit there and you're like you know, qwo jet blah blah blah blah, and you're all right, boys, good luck and just run like a slant.
Speaker 2: You're like, I didn't really do anything, did he know?
Speaker 7: Thinking about leverage and all that stuff, It's wild how many like mini games are being played on one on one.
Speaker 9: S mass for sure, especially when you're playing against a good guy. Yeah, and he knows his leverage, but he don't really have to play that leverage. That's why I like playing against the Patriots. They're tough, man, because like it's one high, so they're playing outside leverage, but they'll play ahead up and they won't move, just like, man, I don't know I'm gonna get in there today.
Speaker 7: It's wild the Patriots, Like, I mean, they obviously have talent on their team, but they've made a living for themselves being like a team that just like is really well coached and get it done. And then you think of one on one outside guy, like you'd be like, oh, this is no problem, this is as talented as me, blah blah blah blah. But they're just so dialed the fucking and they just spin the wheel on defense. They could run a three four one week and the next week they're running five exactly. We have no idea we're gonna do.
Speaker 9: Every time we played him wrong, we're wrong, dude.
Speaker 7: And then they bring Himen Chung back in the day he go down and play the safety and be like you like, now count him, and you're counting all that.
Speaker 1: It was in their defense, Like they're known for trying to take out the you know, the better weapon as much as they can. So even though the dude's playing head up, he's probably knows that he's got some inside help somewhere.
Speaker 7: But you say, hey, when you're when you're playing the Patriots, Mike, like early in your career, this man's getting doubled over here. It had to be nice double both guys.
Speaker 10: I like it early on. And then they started trying to double both of us and they had step and it was like that were doing it was like punt.
Speaker 9: No, it was crazy. It was double vice. Really no, it was single. It was me and Stephan and then they double him with JC.
Speaker 2: That's you got to do that.
Speaker 1: You guys played fantasy No, I don't know fantasy football.
Speaker 2: If you look at the numbers on the.
Speaker 10: Team, I think, hey, for sure, for sure, I think you are some heavy hitters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are some heavy hitters. Sometimes you gotta like pick and choose, like which one do we think? So you get the ball more?
Speaker 2: We got to I know if I'm on the I know if.
Speaker 1: I'm on the team, like I'm coming up, I have one of you guys draft. I'm let's say, hey, I need a I need something this.
Speaker 2: I need something this week. I say, don't get mad at you don't if you don't put up numbers.
Speaker 4: You know, Jay reed, like I always said, you and read on my fantasy and I'll come.
Speaker 2: Up to him and be like, hey cat, two balls last week. I'm gonna need you to pick it up. I'm gonna have to move on. It's great. I have to move on from you.
Speaker 7: Do you guys get a tweeted out quite a bit from people on their stasy teams?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Have you guys have been like a Todd girly situation where you get the ball and the touchdowns right there, but you know, for the betterment of winning the game, you can't you can't score.
Speaker 2: What do you think you would do in that situation? Was that? To me?
Speaker 7: Selfishly? I'm thinking stats, baby, we had contract to you're coming up. It could be three years away. They got to remember this touchdown?
Speaker 2: You know? What was the situation on Todd?
Speaker 7: So it's like usually like in a four minute situation, were they already well basically the white flag and they'll like, let you score. It's more of a running back thing. They'll like, let you score to get the ball back. Only being down nine and now gives them more time to do that on sidekick. So the situation for you is I'm.
Speaker 9: Think for running back you gotta just go down.
Speaker 2: Gotta go down.
Speaker 7: But for you you can kind of play am or receive. I'm not always in this step. You get your bubble Street and you coach.
Speaker 2: We have two possessions.
Speaker 7: Want me to do exactly.
Speaker 2: You gotta get a stop. You can't let us twice. We can't let us score twice.
Speaker 7: Let Bosa and Khalil go to work, bro and cook it. I need you, Yeah, Mike, for you when you got draft, like, actually, let's go back to just draft.
Speaker 2: In general, for both of you.
Speaker 7: When you guys were you're twenty fourteen thirteen, twenty thirteen, Uh, where did you guys want to go? You've been here long enough now it's okay if you don't see the charges. But where did you want to go?
Speaker 2: I really didn't have a place I wanted to go.
Speaker 7: Who are you a fan of?
Speaker 2: Growing up?
Speaker 10: I like Randy Moss Adrian Peterson, but I didn't want to go to Minnesota. Yeah, where'd you go? Where'd you grow up at? I know you went to Colna, I grew up.
Speaker 7: You're coming out this ghost far You never thought about going to the University of South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an option. It was an option.
Speaker 4: Boy, hope he's a bigger he's a game cock.
Speaker 10: Or yeah, that's why I was gonna commit, and it happened he went to Clinton. On the day when I went to commit, I just peked the Clemson had wait wait, wait wait.
Speaker 2: I grabbed.
Speaker 9: Where.
Speaker 10: I told my family I'm going to South Carolina. It was like thirty minutes from the crib. I'm like, yeah, we're going there. And then on commitment day, I grabbed South Carolina had put it down, grabbed Clemson.
Speaker 2: My mom was, what are.
Speaker 7: You doing fucking away?
Speaker 2: He's confuted.
Speaker 7: There's no way you just had that.
Speaker 10: But it's crazy because I had to commit me day, my coach, my high school coach, had a long talk with me because he knew I was going to South Carolina, but he wanted me to go to Clemson. And he had a long talk with me before like we had the delayed thing and all.
Speaker 2: Clemson.
Speaker 7: What was like the what was the reason why you should you talking.
Speaker 2: About quarterback situation?
Speaker 10: South Carolina didn't have like a real elyaite quarterback like Clemson got some guys coming in receivers. I had to learn from saying me and them. South Carolina didn't have nobody. But that was my main thing. I'm like, I go to South Carolina. I'm gonna be the star. Like, go right now, be the star.
Speaker 2: A little bit, get a little bit.
Speaker 7: Everybody all right, you can't get in trouble anymore.
Speaker 2: Nil is a thing.
Speaker 7: Clear got some cash, new car.
Speaker 10: I was driving the buick, Buick like old buick, pointing at the point, B yeah locked. Then with me, how much did you get paid to go to college?
Speaker 9: I wish man, I was on my way to going to Alabama. Though we probably got some bread, no question. I didn't get nine though, wouldn't take no U huh No.
Speaker 2: They was they Yeah, they was there. They was going. They was gonna they were gonna show some love.
Speaker 7: They it's like almost like they almost said say at this point, like they pay people. They Derek in the pond, He's like, I got paid in rings, which is a hell of a thing to say. Yeah, crazy that it goes hard.
Speaker 2: I went on to visit.
Speaker 9: Everybody got chrystlers. You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: See that again.
Speaker 9: Everybody everybody at the dorm had a christ had a Crystler Chrysler three hundred, three hundred, three hundred, crushing like jeeps, Like, bro, what's up?
Speaker 7: Three hundreds got to be the wimber ones doing no way? They said, they hook it up when you get their systems rams. You hear about Matthew Stafford when he was gonna leave early. No, he came out to his mailbox and there was five hundred thousand dollars sitting in his mailbox for him to stay for another year. Now, obviously he was the first overall, but he's like, this is fucking nothing. Great end up believing, but sec rules like that. Dude, No, I think he gave it back. I didn't hear from him. This is like a game of telephone friends a friend.
Speaker 2: Now I'm here. You know I would have kept this. You would have kept it. Quite somebody took it. I don't know where it's AT's like once you leave paul it, I ain't heard it up. That's what I'm every day.
Speaker 7: You think dudes leaving college and then get in trouble like Reggie Bush is a perfect example. Like they took his heisman away. Yeah, Like I'm Reggie Bush I'm just going to go to a trophy shop back. Hey make me a replica of the heisman I won that thing. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Clear day, Clear's day.
Speaker 1: They do need to give that ship back to They got to give that shack to then a hurry, like when you got drafted here, most of the dynamic like between y'all two, because you're obviously a first round pick, you're very established come back player of the year, Pro Bowls.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 10: It was different because when I first got here, I was dealing with my back, so I missed OTA's training camp like the first four weeks of the season, so I was just in the rehab room just trying to get right. I wasn't really in meetings like that. I was just trying to get healthy. So it was a little different. It started off slow. I mean once I hit the field film room, my main thing was how could I learn defenses to make my job a little easier, And just hearing them talking meetings and stuff just made everything a lot quicker for me, learning a lot faster and just yeah, play fast.
Speaker 2: Was there a go ahead?
Speaker 7: Was there like a dynamic between you two coming in like you're being the first round pick?
Speaker 2: How what you were you and Mike Cammon. I was a year four. But did you sign the same contract yet?
Speaker 9: Year he signed was? Uh was the year I made the pro bo?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So that was right after the a C.
Speaker 7: Now was there a little bit of a like are they trying to replace me? Because you guys are similar players?
Speaker 9: How I was feeling when we first did it. Yeah, I was sitting next to trap like, oh, they trying me right now?
Speaker 2: They trying me.
Speaker 7: It is stressful sitting there watching the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, being like I'm like, they trying me.
Speaker 9: When we drafting the first round receiver this year, I thought they was trying me again, trying me again.
Speaker 2: I think I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: No, you extended it at this point when they had drafted him.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, yeah yeah yeah, oh so you there's no trying you know, we'll just bring in more talent to help him out there.
Speaker 2: So he was while I was here?
Speaker 9: Why Michael was here? So No, I actually got extended the year before. I told nice year and then again so that what I got, I got extended the year he got here, and then I got another one.
Speaker 7: Uh three years later. Congratulations, you're the same year as like you Cory Davis and one other receiver. You guys went like three in a row, right, John Ross John Ross.
Speaker 2: John retired this year.
Speaker 7: Every fantasy person was like, this is the guy I'm taking early in. Yeah, yeah, I mean you run a forty like that. You know, the casual washers I said, they're going this is my fucking fantasy correct.
Speaker 2: Just looking for that when you're coming out.
Speaker 7: Obviously you guys get picked boom boom boom, like three in a row. Are you thinking like there's a little rivalry here?
Speaker 9: Nah?
Speaker 2: Me and Corey was training together for the Campine. It's awesome, dude.
Speaker 10: Yeah he col He cool as fuck. We was training, We was talking about it. I think he had like hurt his ankle or something, so he was just kind of rehabbing their XO. So, yeah, we was talking about it. Uh, we was talking about who's going first.
Speaker 7: There wasn't a little something there like I want.
Speaker 10: To go to Tennessee. Tennessee came and worked me out at Clemson. It was like, yeah, we're gonna draft you.
Speaker 9: That's the crazy thing about the draft. It is why lots of your face you know what I mean, I'm gonna draft you.
Speaker 2: We love you. If you get to ask this over with, everything was smooth, but yeah went the other direction.
Speaker 7: Yes, So when the Titans came on, they were the first one to pick right. Yeah, it was That's when the domino effect happened because they took Core and they took Dori.
Speaker 2: Jafteven six seven. I was seven.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all that had to hurt after me. Yeah, So how did you feel when they when they say, hey, I'm gonna draft you. Then all of a sudden they take another wide receiver.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Trivin, it was Tennessee. So I went really tripping. That hurts? Oh that is funny. I was really Trivia. I mean Philip Rivers. Yeah, a good situation. Talk about Philip Rivers. Great.
Speaker 4: Obviously never got a chance to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: We talk about Phil and then obviously the difference, the differences with him and and justin.
Speaker 9: Like I said, being a coach on the field, Phil was definitely he ran the whole offense, like meeting room, everything go through Phil. Uh, changing players at the line field here to play, come in the helmet.
Speaker 2: No, we ain't running that.
Speaker 9: He changed changed the whole play. Uh yeah, without feel I ain't.
Speaker 2: I ain't. I ain't I ain't.
Speaker 9: I ain't I probably not here right now. Yeah, Phiel was the guy man for sure.
Speaker 7: How long did it take you too to get that kind of connection where you're like, this is my dude, Probably.
Speaker 9: About halfway through my rookie season, say your rookie year was My rookie year was solid. I wasn't even gonna play like that. But then Malcolm Floyd got hurt. Then I got right in and I was kind of the number one. Uh it was Malcolm Andie Roy. He had like a toe injury or something like that, so he didn't play that much. So it's really just me and Gates and Danny Woodhead.
Speaker 2: So he would that's right, man, damn oh, I would hear that. Philip Rivers.
Speaker 1: I don't know how far away he lived, but he would be like watching film and doing everything on his car.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he went from here to San Diego, so his whole ride is film study.
Speaker 2: He just had a driver in a spinner van.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure he living like Enciinnita's or something like that.
Speaker 9: Carls Back, Yeah, Rancho Rancho Center.
Speaker 2: I think an hour drive. Yeah, for sure, he ran back man Field.
Speaker 9: Lead a game we play Sunday away we get on the bus. He already film study and breaking down the blitz Blitz tape next team.
Speaker 2: That's fucking wild. He playing around.
Speaker 9: He wasn't because he got to run the Blitz meet.
Speaker 7: He's got to run the So he's studying film for the next week already, he's got to do the blitz. He already put that one in the past. When you guys got the bus. How do you guys feel when you're coming back from plays and you might not have the best game, Like, how how quick are you to watch that film?
Speaker 2: I probably won't watch it.
Speaker 7: You won't watch it really if.
Speaker 2: I had a back game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So for me, if I had a bad game, I would literally be on that plane essentially in a blender in a blender ye, just sitting there mentally like what the funk happened to you? Myself for the hour flight Mason.
Speaker 9: I've been doing essence like high school. Though, you have those a couple of bad plays and then all you think about is the bad place some five touchdowns, But damn I could have caught that one though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all the time, and it's a mental warfare for sure. But I feel like people don't understand, like the NFL is really like, you know, to show up on Sundays and play like I feel like the casual fan still doesn't know that. No, and you go and you have a bad game or a game you don't want this, this is going to be the one. You see the matchup and you're like, I'm going to fucking end this game. Yeah, and then it goes to the exact opposite and you're like trying to reseat the season fraud Is it over?
Speaker 2: Phrasy? What was it like for you? Your perspective? Philip Rivers uh similar Uh.
Speaker 10: I felt like he's someone I needed coming in as a rookie, just somebody who was future Hall of Famer. Uh, having a guy like Keenan and kind of take a lot of pressure, you know off my game just now getting all that attention. But yeah, Philip Rivers was like somebody that you can go to about anything, you know, film study, routes, whatever. I feel like he was a coach also like him, like Philip Riverles was just to go. He knew the offense so well. It was like, it's crazy, what are the differences with him and Justin Herbert.
Speaker 2: I think experience at this point.
Speaker 9: When I got with him, I think he was on year ten or eleven, so he already ten years in playoffs. The boys was going like fourteen and two every year. Back back to LT and them. They was crazy back then, so I think definitely experienced. He knew every defense, anything you could throw at him. He knew the whole offense. So we changing players at the line, like, I don't even know what played checking too?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 10: Bro?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, bro, this is what to do? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean it was crazy, and dip pointed, how disappointing is it when you guys it feels like you have great regular seasons, you get super close, you lose a close one in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: It seemed like for a minute there, a year in and year out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 9: Actually, see Sean maryon do an interview the other day, he was saying, for them to get for for us to get to the playoffs, we got to go through Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger. Uh well, now it's Pat Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen like these the guys we gotta get past. So, I mean, it ain't like we're playing against Division two teams and we just thinking it up right. We were playing against some good guys and last year we lost to Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: He's a great guy too, so on the comeback, while come back, he come back.
Speaker 9: He never supposed to get high like that. That was when Steph Cray Ship like just got hot. Like we didn't get a stop offense. We couldn't do ship. So it can be like that, man, any any.
Speaker 7: Giving you had to go in the halftime being like, damn we boys, we had no route here.
Speaker 9: We're one touchdown in the first half and we had like five turnovers. So it wasn't it wasn't you were playing so bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah they were, they were. Yeah, I don't know. It was one of those ones. Man. Yeah, that's gotta be tough. Uh.
Speaker 4: What's it like playing for coach Daley? And do you love going for it as much as you guys?
Speaker 2: Do? I love it? Yeah? Yeah, we love it for sure.
Speaker 9: It's another opp you know, we get another opp It's uh, we want the ball, man, Like we want the ball. We want to lose with the ball in our hands, and uh that's what we want to do.
Speaker 1: Y'all are always ready to go for it when he's being aggressive because he obviously he'll take a lot of heat whenever it doesn't work out and it costs a game or whatnot. But are you guys as offensive players? Like, are you guys always like hell yeah, let's drop another thing.
Speaker 9: So once he once he makes the call, it's like, oh, yeah, for sure, we're going for it. It might be sometimes before the car it's like, damn, we gotta punt all.
Speaker 2: We're going for it. Oh ship, let me tighten up, let me tighten up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, man, I was, uh the Raiders game a couple years ago when y'all just kept fucking it was like the last couple of series and it it felt like it lasted an hour long because y'all kept converting a third and long and even fucking fourth and long. Anyway, just reminiscent on the old days. Yeah, back when ball was life. Yeah, back when was I thrust it. I got us into the playoffs, we beat him, almost recovering. Then I got a I got a totally different question. But we were just in an out burger. We're to you has a stance at an out burger as far as fast food Burger.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit like Starbucks. It's a little overrated. To me, I think it's a little What makes it uprated? I don't know. I feel like it's not the best with the burger is a big deal breaker? What's that again?
Speaker 7: You can't get anything with the burger obviously, don't know about secret menu shake.
Speaker 2: No, we don't want no animals. But it's overrated, though. What's better? A lot of spots better like Burger one.
Speaker 7: I'm a five guys, guys, guys, is not a fast free places, fast casual.
Speaker 2: What what does that even mean? It's no drive through, no drive through? Okay, yeah, don't even worry about boys. This is going well, This is going.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 2: To go five guys better? That guy is better? Also three times as much, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean you guys, football does the last forever. You guys need to work on your finances. You can't be going to five guys every single day. Twenty five dollars for a burger I digress.
Speaker 9: That might be the only one that's better. Don't I like Burger king to hang them out of you, I could do. I'm a whopper.
Speaker 7: That is a that's a wild one.
Speaker 2: I'm a. I'm a whopper guy. I don't know why, but I don't.
Speaker 7: But Burger King, I don't think Burger King's ever had anything. It's ever French toasticks. I don't think there's a difference between cause crazy.
Speaker 4: Who are a couple of guys that give you problems?
Speaker 2: Back wise? Well lie Backer? So I don't know, mm hmm nobody.
Speaker 9: I ain't never really had like one person that really gives me problems, Like.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's had your number more more so than you'd like?
Speaker 9: Mmm?
Speaker 2: Revers?
Speaker 9: Reavers did me dirty one time when you played against It was my second year and the game plan was like, we're not even gonna throw his way.
Speaker 2: We know he's gonna match you today, Kennan, and we're not even gonna mess with him. That was the game plan. I never feel I've never felt so like, bro, this is crazy.
Speaker 9: Ended up having like two catches for one yard. No way, I didn't even get open. I ain't gonna hold it. I was running route some time, like I know I ain't gonna get the bob, but I'm gonna try it right here.
Speaker 2: Let me see that was boom Man. He was just right thriving me, like no, no, he was tough. Is he the goat? There you go. It's not even close.
Speaker 9: Really, yeah, my age I ain't talking about and I mightn't play against them, but yeah, it's not even.
Speaker 7: Close imagining that guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we came you today and he played for the Patriots, so it's like a double yeah, you know, to play and he the best, Like, come on, that's cheap.
Speaker 2: How about for you? Mike? I don't know, I ain't never really they all be the same. Yeah, they just can't.
Speaker 9: We don't really get matched a lot, man, Mike, don't get matched a lot. Like we only got matched by Stephan and j C. The Patriots again, that might be it, like matched him last year.
Speaker 2: Uh oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, most of the we don't get it. We don't get a lot of it because they gotta go like too high. They gotta run shell against us, and they'll just double me. You know what I'm saying, Like they're gonna Yeah, that's awesome team that plays with men. Honestly, it don't even matter who it is. If they play man and they don't have help, they're not gonna win. I love that answer, Mike, the same Oh to what oh they got a roll?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's one thirty boys. Thanks for joining us. For sure, Yes,