Speaker 1: And then I look at Kevin and I go, oh my god, Oh my god, that dog just pooped in the aisle. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast. Week four is in the books Ladies and Gentlemen, Crazy Crazy. We're a quarter of the way ish, depending on how you look at it through the season, by how you look on it, I mean look at it, I mean with a bye. We have the super Bowl, so we're actually a fifth of the way through. Hello, miss Andrews. I know I'm doing the same thing because when I wear these headphones because my airpod' aren't working.
Speaker 2: It pushes the skin.
Speaker 1: If anyone has a plastic surgeon that knows how to get rid of this fold.
Speaker 2: For those of you that.
Speaker 1: Are just listening, it's that crazy right around the mouth, that like, yeah, jowl double fold.
Speaker 2: But it's okay.
Speaker 1: Do you hear these things that people are doing out they're sleeping with that go over the mouth. It's supposed to help your jaw line. It's supposed to help you sleep better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a big thing on Instagram where you put this thing like it's like a sticker almost, and it's supposed to improve the jaw line. Okay, problem is I'm a side sleeper, so I'm probably not doing myself any good by like sleeping like this, and like, uh yeah, I just think not good. Steve wore is something called hostage tape, which I saw insane because he snores, and so he'll put this like he'll do this whole thing right before you. Like mostly he's like, is there anything else you want to say to me? The hostage shapes. I'm like, that's a terrible thing. I hate the name of it. Awful, over the over the mouth.
Speaker 2: All right, you got on.
Speaker 1: Grandma's putting her sweater on. I'm folding the skin back, tucking it into my my that's a good idea. My uh, whatever the hell they're called. I can't think. My brain's not working, you guys. Oh, here's a good one ready. I was going to say, put holding your face back because I was telling the girl that was doing my ponytail yesterday, could you do it as tight as possible so I look like I have like a facelift. Yes, And so she was trying, and she was trying, and she was trying, hold on.
Speaker 2: I love that ponytail. By the way, Oh thanks.
Speaker 1: It was the only thing I could do with the heat person sweat, and I don't want the pony coming out.
Speaker 2: You know what we did?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I know we all don't look like her, but her hairstyles are really fun to try.
Speaker 2: Rosie.
Speaker 1: We just went to Rosie's instagram and we were just like, hey, my hero, she's the queen of slick back. What's the best slickback to do? And Jillian looked at it and goes, would it be crazy if I did a braid? And I said, I think a braid is perfect because we're just you know, we don't have to fuss with it.
Speaker 2: No, it's perfect.
Speaker 1: Shit, but I can't do Look, I'm gonna show you the stupid headphones on.
Speaker 2: Hold on this.
Speaker 1: This hairline is crazy, like it goes back too far, like I need I need cooks coming down on the side, like you have.
Speaker 2: A perfect Yours goes like like this in a rainbow.
Speaker 1: Mine has a coli sac in the corners, and so the colisak needs to be covered up so you can always split it at the middle and slip back like that. That's also what she does. Okay, so wait, you think I look good? No at John Unvagarski. John, I don't know how to say you follow me? So it's a he's a fan of the Eagles seventy six ers. Oh, he's a high school and oh he went to high school. Okay, never mind he went to school. Sorry, he's putting where he went to high school. I was like, what a nice guy. If he's a teacher. And he wrote this to me at Aaron Andrews. Hair up and pulled back tight, adds five years to your face. Hair down looks five years younger. Hey, John, I didn't ask. By the way, let me look up your face on here and see how you're doing. Oh, you just put like a weird avatar.
Speaker 2: No face. Get out of here.
Speaker 1: You go stand on that sidelines with makeup on where it's.
Speaker 2: A hundred and ten degrees and try to talk John. Get here's the John.
Speaker 1: Ask you is your name actually, John, because we don't know what you look like. You're just hiding behind your But I'll tell you what his last name is u N g Varsky ung Varsky.
Speaker 2: And he follows me. Don't follow me if you're gonna shit on my face. Thank you. There's it.
Speaker 1: There's a headline this weekly, we have to address the large shit elephant in the room. We by the way, these headlines that come out okay, so obviously the Pam Donald if you know exactly and so much he's four and oh you know, Clay Travis, I got a bone to pick with you without taking coverage. I don't need the headline being like Carissa's sex life, what happened? When you text me, you're like, don't freak out. This Sam Donald stuff is hysterical because if you guys listen to the podcast, you know these stories are. They're said in a jovial, like lighthearted manner that Aaron Rod is not coming laugh down, laughing, literally laughing. But as anyone knows, all you do is rip a headline, put it on a freaking static.
Speaker 2: Post and Piers which.
Speaker 1: By the way, the best part about the US Weekly headline with you and Rogers is you both look great.
Speaker 2: And I was like, hey, at least they used a good picture.
Speaker 1: Sometimes with these headlines, they'll take a picture of me and I was like, I couldn't look worse. So it's adding insult to injury. But you look fantastic, So yeah, relax, you guys. This is why I couldn't imagine actually being famous the Jennifer Aniston's of the world. Imagine how many decades this poor woman has had to be drug through headlines that are not true.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift, any of the Travis, Taylor, all these them. It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna tell a story right now. I'm in the I like, that's what, thank you. I'm a grandma. I'm getting my nails done, not because I want to, because I have to and it's time, and it's the way I'm looking at it. It's two hours out of my day. I gotta go. I got things going on. I get this text for Chris I can't use my hands, and it's like, oh my god, look at this stupid headline.
Speaker 2: So I read it rude personal. Aaron Andrews calls out Aaron Rodgers. Okay, if you know anything about me and my seven thousand sit downs with him and what we talk about on our show, he's actually a really good friend of mine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I get all hot and bothered and worried because I'm like, wait what, I don't want this to get traction. So I'm hands in this stupid gel thing, and I'm like, I gotta call this guy. I gotta call him, I gotta call Carissa. So we end up start doing voice notes to each other, which was awesome, by the way, because I'm like, Aaron, there's this stupid headline out there. I'm so sorry anyways, and He's just like, you guys are not like okay at the gist of it, exactly in a sultry, great voice, what I got your.
Speaker 2: Rude and personal headlines out of here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's not a real story, Sam Clay, Travis's OutKick your coverage. The headline when you told me to look, of course anytime Aaron and I and rightfully so, with different experiences.
Speaker 2: In our life.
Speaker 1: The second it's like you google yourself, which I tried not to do ever unless prompted by Aaron saying it's actually funny. But then I look and I'm like, out kick your coverage saying something about Sam Donald exposes Carissa's sex life, and I'm like, first of all, that's not what happened at all. It was like, he better not expose you before I do. I don't know if Sam Donald knows more than me. I'm gonna be real pissed Sam. The whole point of this is that Sam Donald is getting all of the information wrong and it had nothing to do with my sex life.
Speaker 2: So whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyways, congratulations Sam Donald on another win. So I can't wait for my Vikings game. Where's the schedule this? So, congratulations on the resurrection of your incredible career and your relationship with Kevin O'Connell. The relationship I'd like to talk about is the ones you think that I have off the field. What ch me?
Speaker 2: Do not read these stupid headlines because none of them makes sense and fact not listen to the sad cast and then it actually will give you some context and it will entertain you.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got a lot to get to you today, sister. So we're going to talk about your flight to and from Tampa, which apparently was a real debacle. I've heard none of this, so I can't wait. Yeah, the clowns are here, all right, clown We're going to talk about my affinity for interns and how sweet they are and my days of being one.
Speaker 2: You also were an intern.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about my This morning, I overheard a conversation at Whole Foods from the checkout lady, and I wanted to jump in. Can't wait to get a pulse from the listeners on this one. And yeah, we're just going to talk about the summary of our week four. I was in back in New York. You were in Tampa, so let's go take it away.
Speaker 2: So how is new York?
Speaker 1: It was fantastic, but that's not important right now. Play Tampa. Go no, because you went to New York before I went to Tampa. So how is it you guys going to have such the best time?
Speaker 2: I love it. I love hearing stories. Okay, then you'll side note.
Speaker 1: Can I just say something this whole like I'm watching right now commanders celebrate their win. Terry McLaurin. I am so friggin happy for him. We have talked about him before on Calm Down. You know what, everyone needs to calm down because good for Terry. And yes, the Jayden Daniels story is amazing. I love dan Quinn. You love dan Quinn. I'm sitting here watching footage right now in their locker room of Terry just screaming, scared anything but so freaking great. Terry McLaurin, I had the great privilege of sitting down with him a couple of years ago for NFL Films and Freddie one that doesn't know he's a wide receiver for the Commanders. This and a great dude went to Ohiose a fantastic individual, so much talent, But if you don't know anything about if you don't know anything about football, the wide receiver is very dependent on a quarterback, a consistent quarterback, and he has had. The Commanders have had thirteen different quarterbacks in the last eight years. I'm pretty sure all thirteen with those at some point. Terry also played with saying this respectfully to the quarterbacks that have come in and out of Washington. It is very difficult for a wide receiver to every single year. I feel like this even on the desk where it's like, I'm so grateful that our crew at Fox and our cre at Amazon is the same as it was last year and this is now Julian's second year. But it's like consistency on a desk and you just went through a whole overhaul with your crew, and you did it when Joe and Troy left. It's like consistency creates better chemistry. It's like because then you know the habits of people. Anyways, as it pertains to football, I'm just really excited for Terry to have and for the whole Commander's fan base to have something to be excited about and root for. And that is an organization that historically, of course, they were the Redskins before, like have rabbit bases.
Speaker 2: Is it rabbit or rabbit? I don't know. I thought it was rabbit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rabbit, Yeah, sure, rabbit. I'm gonna pull a rabbit out of my habit. Anyways, I'm very excited for them. Yes, So I'm glad you brought that up all right now, New York was great, and this will get me right into the conversation about chemistry. So I've talked about it before. How close our Thursday Night crew is. You guys are so much fun, not a like, oh, we hang out because we work together. We hang out because like everyone lands, we're on a text chain like who's landing? When when are we getting together? Wit and SRM. We're in the lobby bar restaurant and I had just landed and there like we're just walking around aimlessly until our quarterback shows up and tells us where to go. And I was like, I love you guys, so meet them down there. We end up all going out and just having the best time seeing you go. We went just bopped around like different places. We were staying downtown, so just went to different bars. We ended up at some random one drinking Guinness, which I so fun though, but I'm not a Guinness drinker and it like made me feel so weird. Probably was the espresso martini before that, but anyways, Guinness, I still love your product. Just a bad night for me, but yeah, we had so much fun, and you know you have a good time when the next day in your phone, I have three videos of me doing fake TCL ads because I saw a box for the TV on the side of the road, so I was like, are you interested in TCL TV? And I was slurring my words and talking about Jon Robinson who was on the front of the TV, and I was like, but Jean and Tim TCL and I don't remember taking the videos, I said, Steve, who took these videos?
Speaker 2: He goes, I did you?
Speaker 1: Insisted on doing an infomercial in the middle of the street and made the guy's watch. I was like, I'm annoying, but no, it was so much fun. We had a great time Cowboys, Giants, Cowboys man, those fans you know all two well, since that is your team that you cover regularly, they travel. I was very happy for our crew. We're three years in and we had the highest rated game that we've ever had, and great, thank you, And I know you're used to having very high ratings, but.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, we stop it.
Speaker 1: We are babies, Like, we're only three years in this thing. And the streaming service was met with a lot of criticism for came out like oh I don't want to watch on shirts like and I'm just grateful that.
Speaker 2: For the growth of it.
Speaker 1: And now you know they're going to get the NBA and they're getting Nascars, so it's just awesome. Anyways, I digress to say we had a great time in New York. I love my Batgirl, and we head to Atlanta this week. Okay, you were in Tampa for the Bucks Eagles.
Speaker 2: Bucks Eagles.
Speaker 1: Just saw a highlight a Baker running in shout out to Emily Mayfield on the side. You've got six month old baby and her red boots and her.
Speaker 2: Body banging already. I'm like, oh, yeah, get it.
Speaker 1: M love the Mayfields, but yeah, we hate I want to bring up something you just mentioned espresso martinis, which I've never really gotten into. I'm not really a martini gal. Anyways, I'm very limited my alcohol selection because I just, yeah, I got consistent with that. You're consistent with your tequila water, and I don't know how you do that. But Okay, love it, love it, love it. Can't wait for one tonight. But I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna pop today at about two o'clock, three o'clock in the afternoon, and I've started popping it.
Speaker 2: It ain't a pill bottle, right or a game you want it? No, No, I've been very good. No, don't touch that. I want to I'm not going to touch it. I'm not touching it. Don't touch that. No, but you're making it redder.
Speaker 1: Illy ily cold brew in a can.
Speaker 2: Carissa.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was on a.
Speaker 1: Flight a couple of weeks ago, a long one with Kevin Burkhardt. We were getting ready to land, and the flight attendant was so kind and said, do you want anything?
Speaker 2: Do you need me thing?
Speaker 1: And I said, I need about five cups of coffee right now, but I've already like I feel like I've had enough. And I don't want anything hot, she said, Hold on a second. She opened up a special drawer through me an Illy cold brew. I like the one, not flavored, not an ad, but i'd fucking love it to be, she said. After a long day on the flights and she's driving home at night on the four h five, she said, I pop one of these and I am good to go. I have been popping one before a game and I'm still good at eight o'clock at night. Let me ask you a question about this. He's the one that introduced you to these, because I hear you talk about these now more.
Speaker 2: She's the one I'm obsest.
Speaker 1: Okay, So not to make it about me, but I'm gonna make it about me for a second. I was introduced to Illy Coffee because when I opened up my espresso stan. I had a little espresso stand down in Orange County when I first moved down there when I was eighteen years old. Because coming from Seattle, my first job ever was at an espresso stand, and they have them everywhere, the drive through ones in Seattle, the whole thing. They're all over the place. Well, they didn't have one of those down in Orange County. Now, I couldn't get a drive through because like permits stuff wouldn't let you. But anyways, I opened up. I'd work at Starbucks in the morning and then I would go across the street, which is so ridiculous that I was across the street opening up a coffee stand and like literally took off the green apron, went over and then worked this stand. But guess what the coffee was that I sold? Illy Coffee. It's this Italian brand has the red logo. It is so delicious. So when you say that, it just brings me right back to my little barista days at eighteen, and that coffee is gonna stand the test of time. I didn't know that you were introduced to that from your flight atoed Wow, Yeah, these cole brew you just take them in your zing zing zing zing. I love that. Okay, great, you need to pass rush Todd Bowles. I'm a coming like here we go, Jalen Hurst.
Speaker 2: Wish that they didn't have that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're but speaking of flights, you're we talked about it on the pregame. Yeah, you had a flight that I don't know anything about this because we haven't talked about it.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited to hear you had a flight to Tampa.
Speaker 1: You said something has happened happened to you and Kevin that had never happened before. Ever go Never more Travel stories by Aaron and churis Aye. So we get on the flight, we're good to go. We see that we're sitting next to each other. We're like, okay, do you have a lot of work to do? I got something to do. You know, it's a five hour flight. You should be done by the time you land. We got banging out work, you know, we're gosping a little bit, and then we start working all the things. There is a lovely couple sitting next to us across the aisle, and we noticed they have a dog. So whatever, we're just doing our thing. I go ahead and I have my breakfast. Kevin was like, you know what, I'm gonna hold off and not have my breakfast yet. I'm gonna get some work done. I'm doing my thing. I'm listening to my guys. All of a sudden, I see it's not a lap dog, but it's probably like it's not a lap dog and it's not a Howie, so somewhere between pound dog. Yeah, yeah, its size the dog jumps up on the guy's lap and he's like panting, and I'm like, oh, that dog's so cute. Kevin and I are huge dog people, as you are, so we're like, oh, the dog's so cute. All of a sudden, I see the dog then jump out of the guy's lap into the aisle, and then I look at Kevin and I go, oh my god, Oh my god, that dog just pooped in the aisle.
Speaker 2: The dog was massively sick. The dog did not poop in the aisle. The dog had a massive stomach issue in the plane. All of a sudden, I looked at Kevin. I go, oh my god, Oh my god, we're covering our nose. We're covering our nose. Then you start seeing people all ahead of us start opening the events and people like, oh my god, oh my god, now full disclosure. The gentleman, the owner of the dog, was like mortified.
Speaker 1: Oh my mortified, not like a shithead pet owner that's like eh whatever.
Speaker 2: Like he was like he has a tummy ache. You're like, yeah, I'm sorry, he never does this. He was like, oh my god, we're moving to Tampa.
Speaker 1: We gave him an anti exam anti anxiety pill. I guess it hasn't kicked in yet.
Speaker 2: Well I'll tell you what kicked in did yeah? Wow yeah.
Speaker 1: So then Raphael, the sweet flight attendant who we couldn't have loved more, shot up, ran over and was like and the guy's like, do you have anything to clean it up? And when I mean, it's everywhere, It's everywhere where.
Speaker 2: I looked at Kevin and I was like, this is bad. This is bad.
Speaker 1: I'm like, they're gonna land this plane. They're gonna land this plane. And Kevin's like, you think, stop guys cleaning it up. It's cleaning up because it's everywhere. They started passing up masks on the plane. I pulled out the Laalabo. I start spraying, Oh my god. I looked at Kevin and go, I'm gonna bar I'm gonna barf.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna barf.
Speaker 1: Kevin's like, oh God, I put on a mask with the labo on it all this stuff, and uh, oh god.
Speaker 2: Kyle Baker changes his pants at halftime.
Speaker 1: Yep, so I almost changed my well that's where dogs almost changed his pants.
Speaker 2: Anyways, So then he's doing it the dog.
Speaker 1: He's shitting in the street, he's shooting in the street, shitting in the aisle.
Speaker 2: It was a brides mad moment.
Speaker 1: So this poor guy and then he's just like picking up wads of paper towel and putting it in this bag and handing it to the guy. Well then finally it looks like the dog stopped and everybody's good. Then he was going again, and you can just tell the poor guy. And I was like, Kevin, we're gonna land. Then here's this girl. I start jumping to conclusion. So I'm like, this dog is gonna die. This dog is going to die, I know, Kevin Frink.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Then the worst, poor thing, the worst thing happened. These people were so nice, they were so mortified. Then all of a sudden you start seeing people running up the aisle. I'm like, oh no, what's happening now. Yeah, Rafael's sweep flight attendant has to put gloves on, runs to the to the seat behind the dog. The stuff had rolled back and hitting people's bags.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they not the toomy.
Speaker 1: They had to clean the bags because everything rolled back.
Speaker 2: Shit literally, shit is right. And the worst part was we were two hours in. We had two hours left to go. No, but thankfully that poor dog fell asleep. They cleaned it all up, but you know it's bad when the owner is wiping the dog's bomb.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, well that's I've never had that happen before. But I'll tell you what happened and why Steve and I slept on the couch last night because the night before I always leave my bedroom door cracked open so Willis can go out onto the deck because he likes to sleep outside because he's a wolf.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know this because I got up at four o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: I went to work yesterday. I come home and Steve such so sweet he's I was like, how was your day? And he was like it this is okay? And I go, what's happening? Oh no, he goes, what I go, what does that? Meanwhile? I look outside.
Speaker 1: The hose is coming from around the side of the house up to the second story.
Speaker 2: I see that.
Speaker 1: I go, what's going on here with that? He goes, that's that's what we're doing today. I go, what's happening? He goes, will has had a lot of access. He goes, you gott to stop giving him treats. I was like, I didn't give him treats. Apparently he had shit all over the deck and Steve's like scrubbing it and cleaning it, and then he had to do it again. So maybe there's something going around, you know. And so then so last night, Steve goes, we can't sleep upstairs. I can't clean that deck again. I go, well, then what do you want to do? He goes, We'll sleep on the couch and we'll leave the back door open. So we slept on the couch last night, left the back door open, and sure enough, guess what was outside today?
Speaker 2: Disaster one? Oh what no, I know, I know, I know, but what are we going to do?
Speaker 1: So I emphasize with the guy, but that did not happen on a plane.
Speaker 2: Forget snakes on a plane, it's shited on a plane.
Speaker 1: I remember, I don't know, maybe a year ago or so. I think there was like a story because my mom of course said it. It was a golden retriever or a lab that had a really bad stomach issue and they had to make an emergency landing.
Speaker 2: I get it, because this wasn't.
Speaker 1: Going to do.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 1: Oh my oh, it was bad. But then you felt so bad for the people that got it on their back. Yeah, And then I said to Kevin, is it on your shoe? Is it on your shoe? Did it roll over to us? And Kevin's like, I am so afraid to look? And at that point we talked about in the pregame show or you know, even in the beginning having a great crew to hang with. I was so glad it was with Kevin because we were laughing so hard and gagging, and Kevin as we're like this, I'm going to put the picture of us on our ig, he goes, would it now be a bad time to ask for my breakfast? Oh my god, that's funny. Oh god, I feel so bad. I or I was texting with you on the plane the other day and this poor baby was just not happening. And you know what, I know you're a mother now because you know what your first response was.
Speaker 2: I feel terrible for those parents. Terrible as long as they're not the a whole parents and they're trying to do something, Because me, I would just even when we're out to dinner and Max like like get him out, get him out. Yeah, don't want anyone else's time.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the parents that are like having no regard for anyone else, like I get that and the poor baby, but yeah, babies or dogs.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's terrible now, I know.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad and those people couldn't stop apologizing enough. I mean I would have been the asshole that said.
Speaker 2: Can I borrow your mic?
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, I am so sorry to bother you. I apologize for what just happened up here, which reminds me so the last podcast we had, I was asking Aaron about getting her nails like she was going on HSN. This is just a quick because I'm your biggest fan. Aaron crushed it. Such a good test going on HSN for anyone that didn't see, I'm going to put the clip up on our ig board. I set my alarm. I made sure I was right when she came on. You guys, she was born to do this. If you ever obviously sports is going to be your forever number one love, but this could be your side gig.
Speaker 2: You were hysterical and the sweet woman that you were doing it with.
Speaker 1: You had a couple, but the first round was the one that I was committed to for the first place.
Speaker 2: Liz was on it.
Speaker 1: Big Eagles fans, was she's upset today, She's very upset, but I know she's at home yesterday watching that game and very proud of you.
Speaker 2: Was like, I love Eron anyway. She was adorable. But it gets me to you can crush it too, Crisa.
Speaker 1: You love it, aeronel it She goes, Oh, look at me just taking over the place. I was laughing so hard at all of your little anecdotal things. You were really good and how do you feel it went overall like things were flying off the shelf.
Speaker 2: We only got five left of this, we got five left of that. I was so obsessed with the numbers of it all. I was like, where are we what are the stats? Which yes, is kind of greedy, but I was interested to see how.
Speaker 1: Going about it like that across Yeah, you know, but I was so fascinated by the people that work at HSM.
Speaker 2: They're so good at it.
Speaker 1: I mean they and it's their job, and it's what you and Kevin did as as sales car salesman. Easy for me to say, it's just everything and the thread count and look, I am just I love what they've done. Everything is Disneyland. I even got into it my second segment where or the second hour that I did and I said the fake horn buttons.
Speaker 2: I was like, listen to me, you just want to say the old buttons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said that about the one button down thing with the I just love how awful waffle. Everything was so damn delicious, Chris, I, we have got to do a Christmas in dream there. I know we have no time. Ever, You've got to sell some like house and home products. It would be so much fine.
Speaker 2: I would love to do.
Speaker 1: I would take seventy five illies and we would be on all day long. And that's not a pill that is it is a coffee, don't worry. I was fascinated by the whole Like those women that work on like they can sell me literally anything because the passion that's behind it. Speaking of passion, one thing that I wanted to shout out. We talked about it a little bit on the pregame because one of a wonderful question was what a what.
Speaker 2: A what A what a wonderful world.
Speaker 1: One of the questions was about how we form relationships with players and coaches and all that kind of stuff. And I had mentioned just the equity that we've put in in our twenty years of doing this, but yesterday, Jacob and Sophia are two interns Chicos by Jake uh two interns that I've had the privilege of meeting at Fox Sports, and they're in on Sundays, and I just they probably think I'm such a weirdo, but I just every week I'm like, Okay, guys, what do you.
Speaker 2: Want to learn this week? What do you want to do this week? Whatever?
Speaker 1: Because I remember being an intern many moons ago, and I interned at two different stations, and I look back on that and it feels like one hundred years ago. But if you could have told me then what I know now. I just look at them and I'm like so excited for them, like their whole life is in front of them, and I'm like, I just want all their dreams to come true. Like I feel like they're like my kids. I'm like, what can I do to help you get to where you want to be? Because I think about the people Conan Nolan to this day. He works on KMBC here in Los Angeles, and he is a political reporter, but he also does a bunch of different news stories and he's been at the station forever. He took me under his wing and he let me travel around with him in his little brown Honda car and we went and we did live stand ups, and we did all these different things. And every time I see him on the news, it like makes me emotional because I'm just like, he took so much time out of his day while he's busy doing his job to help me learn the business.
Speaker 2: And I just I'll never forget that.
Speaker 1: So if there's any interns out there that want help or want anything, like, I'm here to help you because I just want to pay it forward because I'm so excited for you guys to live out your dreams. You know, I am laughing because I am thinking about I also interned at WFA and Tampa NBC affiliate. My dad worked there. They were so great. My first couple of years I log tape. Then my last years I got to go to Bucks camp hold the mic. I remember John Lynch and Linda walking in and you know, just that Bucks team obviously won a Super Bowl and they were great to be around. But we got a great text message or DM today on the Calm Down Instagram account where somebody mentioned that they were very appreciative that we are very vulnerable and honest about I've had nerves issues the past couple of games, like where I felt like I was going to blank out. Yesterday, that heat got to me and I was on freaking fire. Although I think I screwed up my coming out of the Nephew did but Madison, Madison little to pay off this you said in the DM. She said, I know you guys will probably never see this, but I'm a sideline reporter early in my career and covered my first college football game today.
Speaker 2: That like makes me want to cry for you.
Speaker 1: I have lots of experience with other sports basketball, baseball, et cetera, but was really nervous before this game. I listened to last week's episode my drive to the stadium, and you guys talked about being nervous and slowing down and thought about that before my opening hit, and I got to say, I feel like I crushed it.
Speaker 2: So thank you guys so much, which, by the way.
Speaker 1: Mas and I just got to tell you because there's a lot of shitty people out there that think we're annoying and don't like us, and I don't give a shit, but you sending this note makes me feel so proud of you, and I don't even know you, but like to go out and do that. I'm sure that you feel like pride in your parents or whoever is. That's like on your support tament for you. Please add us to the list of supporting it. Send us a tape of your first hit. I'd love to see it. It would be awesome. It's so yeah. So sorry to interject, but I just wanted to shout out Madison Little thank you for following up with that, and we're really proud of you even though we don't know you, but we feel like we do. So yeah, and send a clip of your first hit. But here's something if you're interning and you feel stupid, I'm going to tell a real stupid story of something that I did. I was interning for Dave Cook. He was the sports director at news Channel eight, and obviously they were the Tampa Bay Devil Rays at the time, ye and Devil Rays. Now they're the Rais. But he was asking me to log some tape that they needed for the six o'clock news on Roberto Hernandez picture and I was like, okay, cool. So I'm sitting there and I'm sitting there and I'm like, I'm looking at all this tape and I'm looking and I'm looking at the time cute, and I'm like. He comes back in after thirty minutes, he goes, how's that going, because we needed for the.
Speaker 2: Six o'clock hate how's it going.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't see any Roberto Clemente on here. And he goes, Roberto Clemente has been dead. This is Roberto Hernandez. And I go, oh my god, well in that case, there's a ton Oh, Dave Cook, I'm so sorry. Oh my god, I don't know why I got Roberto Clemente in my head. Well, Roberto Hernday before. Yeah, you know what, because you go straight to the top. You're thinking of the best to ever do it. Oh my god, I love that Colmente Bridge of Pittsburgh. By the way, the whole family, Uh, oh my god, don't you mistake it is part of the gig.
Speaker 2: It is part of life.
Speaker 1: I got to say again, not to make this about me, but I have a similar story when I was working at Extra. I don't know if I've told this how I told the David Duchovney interview story.
Speaker 2: I know I'm here, so I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll abbreviate it if I've already told it before, because whatever. But it's along those lines that I think that Okay, actually here, I'm gonna go a little bit further than this. I don't know if you saw the Gronk prank that they pulled on him on the pregamee the Rich Root Okay for those of you that don't know, so obviously Rob Gronkowski Hall of Famer show. Okay, super Bowl Chair why yeah, because it's a new segment called Gronk, Like, there's more where that came.
Speaker 2: So it's a new segment. Okay, I missed that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is going to be a whole tangent, but let me just try it for once in my life, like mixed things succinct. So it was all about Rob Gronkowski being able to laugh at himself and so so good. He's better than Rob Gronkowski, no one, no one. And that's I guess. My point here is that if going back to the previous question, follow me here, because now this is circuitous, you have to laugh at yourself, you laughing about the Roberto Clemente thing like this many years later, like don't take yourself so seriously.
Speaker 2: Understand that you're going.
Speaker 1: To make me. And I did, and I was mortified. Of course I was mortified. So my my Extra Stories, it's my audition to be on Extra. I didn't even necessarily want to be on Extra. This opportunity came about, and I was like, I called Michael Strahan and I'm like, should I do this?
Speaker 2: He's like, you're an idiot.
Speaker 1: If you don't go out for it, Like you should do sports, you should do entertainment. This is a great opportunity. So I'm like, okay, entertainments not really mean thing, but okay. And so anyways, still I'm nervous. It's an audition. I have to interview David Dukovney as my audition, which he's notoriously hard to interview because he just does to give you a lot like and it's just like one of those things that an equivalent in our world, not a Bill Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow is not going to give you a Drew Locke. You're gonna have to like get it out of him. He's he already knows he's going to go in with his pre set answers, and that's fine. But like, unless you really know him, he's not going to give you a lot. So David m kevnany, I'm already like, oh shit, okay, because I think I could be like all cute.
Speaker 2: And like whatever, I'm gonna get this guy to open up. It's my gift.
Speaker 1: No, it was not Christmas morning, and he was not opening up anything, including his mouth. So my first question is, oh, so you speak multiple languages. That's on my agenda questions. I'm not I'm not going away from these questions. They're like, these are the questions you ask him. So I'm like okay.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I don't speak multiple languages, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Fuck ola, And then I was like okay, next question. I was like exactly. I was like, so you played pranks? You like to play pranks on people? And he goes, no, I don't like to play pranks on people, and I was like, gotcha. Like everything that I asked him was wrong, and so I just had to like think of like a way to get out of this situation. Anyways, turns out they gave me the wrong agenda questions. I ended up getting the job because Lisa said it was the way that I handled it and got out of it. So my advice to anyone out there is whether it's the fault. In this case, it was the fault of the producer, which normally I would ever throw a producer under the bus, but I was trying to just be obedient and for once in my life, just ask the questions they asked me to. So if it's a producer or if it's somebody, or it's whatever that throws you under the bus, like figure out a way to get out of it and just deal with it.
Speaker 2: Like it's okay.
Speaker 1: Not everything's going to be perfect, Like you saying yesterday you think you messed up your first hit, like I didn't even notice, but like it could be the biggest thing in your mind.
Speaker 2: And it's okay.
Speaker 1: Right, that was a really long When it's storied, it was great, and I think it's a great lesson. I mean, at the time that probably was something. Really I was like, there's no way I'm going to get this job, and the job many things same thing. I was like, I'm an idiot girl, I can't believe I did this. But it's all great lessons that it's like, how do you rebound? How do you addressed. How do you make the you know, halftime adjustment where you threw an inner and you're not going.
Speaker 2: To do it in the second half, or turn the ball over all the things. Yeah, totally wild.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you have one more. You also had a flight situation on your way home. Oh no, it was just a million degrees And that wasn't us being dramatic. Yesterday you saw all the Philadelphia Eagles obviously trying to deal with that heat yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I saw Mike Evans walk off the field from the Bucks and I was like, dude, I have no idea how you just played in that it was. There were even moments I looked over and I know you'll be appreciative of this because we are very tight as a crew. My guys on the field, my handheld guys that are the camera guys. There are some that are carrying it literally on their back or they have this whole thing strapped on them. They get the shots where Baker Mayfield's running out on the field, Jalen Hurts is running and they're running with them, like the amazing shots. They're always the ones too where I see the CD LAMB get pissed off, and I'm like, hey, get a shot right here, or you know, you see Mike Evin's a little frustrated if he's not involved right away, or the Vita veyas dancing on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: They're just we're such a team, We're so close.
Speaker 1: And yesterday I saw as I was looking around, it was just so friggin hot, and then the humidity made it worse. It was supposed to be one hundred and eight and it really felt like that. And our guys, we are not exerting ourselves like football players, but our handheld guys and our guys that are working with equipment are doing a lot. I saw one of my guys go down and on his knee, and I turned around. I go, holy shit, are you okay? And he goes, I'm fine. And I just grabbed like grab water and I said drink this, drink this, and he was like, ea, I'm fine. I said, fucking drink it. Stopp being here is.
Speaker 2: Such a good pri And then I.
Speaker 1: Called for Trusseau and I said, Russo, check on so and so he does not look well. And just our boys, they don't want to take any time outs like us, Like I don't want to pee. Like I don't want to miss a play. They don't want to miss a shot. It's their job. It's what makes us so good.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it was just really tough conditions yesterday to be in. I can't imagine playing in them. Baker had the funny, you know moment in our post game where he said, I just so, what was it like to play in that? And he's like, I changed my pants at halftime, which I actually was wondering about. I wanted to ask Brady about it. Do they put a whole new outfit on because they're sitting there for like what ten fifteen minutes and it's just Disbobby. Yeah, me flying home, I'm not going to say we have access to a shower. I did change my clothes and I took a whole bottle of wet wipes and I just wiped my situes in adulta lounge.
Speaker 2: It is just nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think about that because we we had that game in Florida and it was sticky, sticky, but we weren't getting on a plane right after the game.
Speaker 2: I haven't thought about that. Like when you sit there and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, for five hours and I'm sitting next to Dean Glandino and I'm like, I am just ripe over here, like just you know, And I did the best I could to hose myself down and change my clothes, and.
Speaker 2: Oh it was so bad, so so gross. But I was funny, still calling me, who is it my sister? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, what was I going to say about that? I don't know something, but yeah, I love that you care about everybody that way. That so sweet of you putting your makeup in the freezer in that she put on make a bag in the cooler because the problem is, even though we have like a table and you could hide it under there, everything is just melting. And it was just, oh god, I never had cared more about electrolytes than I did yesterday, because you're like, you just don't want to go down. We also had a moment. It was a scary moment. A guy from the chain crew got nailed by Goddard. And those guys are coming so fast or wearing pads.
Speaker 2: It is so hard.
Speaker 1: How you know how hard that it is. And I just moved out of the way right really quick, and he went down.
Speaker 2: He was bleeding and It's just.
Speaker 1: Like I think Kevin and Tom said it during the game, you just don't realize how fast things are living on that sideline, and so until you see impact like that.
Speaker 2: So a lot going on yesterday.
Speaker 1: We had an eighty five year old Tom Moore offensive consultant standing there with a sweatshirt and you know, one hundred and ten degree temperatures is just hit on.
Speaker 2: Take that off.
Speaker 1: Along those same lines, though, I just want to reatric because I know we know people that were affected by everything that happened from the Hurricane Alene up and down the coast in Florida and so awful.
Speaker 2: Thinking of you guys.
Speaker 1: We understand that, yes, you know the football game, you know, a dressed it and all that kind of stuff, but it's like, it's nice to take your mind off it. But then at the same time we go back home and dealing with the different varying degrees of devastation. So definitely would be remiss if I didn't mention that we are thinking of you guys and have no idea. I know you grew up in Tampa, so you know this all too well, and I remember asking you. I was like, so do you get like advanced warnings like just different things, but it's like a whole different beast.
Speaker 2: I grew up on the West Coast. I know nothing of that world. So very scary. So thinking of you guys, where are you at this week? Girlfriend?
Speaker 1: I am going to San Francisco, not a five hour flight, lucky gal forty nine ers hosting the Cardinals. I got to dive into that later tonight. NFC West matchup great and more importantly, an easy flight for myself and Kevin Burkhardt and the LA crew.
Speaker 2: Those are always helpful.
Speaker 1: San Francisco, you know what we think about Santa Clara the two. Oh my god, So I'm going to a good When we're texting last night, she Aaron asked me where I was going, and I said, I'm going to Atlanta this week and it's the Falcons and the Bucks, which will be a great NFC match, a great game, great game.
Speaker 2: But then she wrote.
Speaker 1: Back and then right after that she said music, and I'm like, yeah, the freaking music. I haven't done a game, we haven't done an Atlanta Atlanta game yet for Thursday Night football. I'm really excited because right now Carolina ranks number one of the music DJ.
Speaker 2: Tampa is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Tampa played a banger yesterday that I look back at Clinton and it was like a two thousands Tampa vibe and I was.
Speaker 2: Like it really, it changes the whole move. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like if I'm a player, I'm like, I want input on the DJ. Remind me to tell you offline what Shregger said, because I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't. It's not my story to tell. But Peter Schregger is one of our favorite people in the world.
Speaker 1: The funniest piece is the funniest thing. He went to a chief the Chiefs Chargers game. He had a funny thing about the music. So AnyWho, I digress to say, all right, it's gonna be a great week. I love you so much. Go get your sheet done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What I got going today my girlfriend Sarah, Our friend Sarah, while she's flying in she's one of the ones that was impacted from everything that happened in the hurricane, and she is going to be hosting Good Morning Football this week. Oh good, she's here. She's in town, so I get to see her. So I'm going to try to spoil her this afternoon and take her mind off of what's been going on.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: I don't know just let her do whatever she wants to have the afternoon off and looking forward to it. So her hair was very down and luxurious yesterday, and I looked at her, how she does that? Seeing clue, how your I still have like this sunburn, like from my weird glasses yesterday. There's no fucking way my hair is this short, and it was like felt like it was sweating. I don't know how Rapunzel, Rapunzel put up your hair.
Speaker 2: What do you think she does that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: In a wedge the sideline that one for us, it's so different. I'm like, how are you getting away with a wedge and a full weft?
Speaker 2: This is crazy? Good for you.
Speaker 1: I had a double bodysuit situation, and after that one hundred and ten free weather, I'm going to burn that body suit. Where that bodysuit was and what it was sticking to, we'll never see the light a day again.
Speaker 2: The pants held up just fine. I remember saying to.
Speaker 1: My our lovely security Clinton. I was like, Clinton, if it gets really bad back there on my bomb and let me know it's just her, just let me know.
Speaker 2: I'll tie something around my waist. But I mean, it was literally like I had.
Speaker 1: A gatorade towel around my shoulders and just dabbing a dew yea everywhere.
Speaker 2: It was tough.
Speaker 1: You looks fantastic. That picture of you and Kevin and Thomas one for the books.
Speaker 2: You get a frame. That one's very sweet.
Speaker 1: It was one of those where I was like, you don't have to put your arm around me. My back sweat is.
Speaker 2: Really I love you and your boy girl.
Speaker 1: Matt Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.