Speaker 1: It is what's right with Nick Right? Oh, what's wrong with your TV? What's wrong with your screen? It's a couple of fill in hosts. He's tie, I'm damon. We're in for Nick and we're really happy to be here for episode number four ninety three, brought to you by Boost Mobile. It is good to see it, Tye.
Speaker 2: How are you listen?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great, And I do got to give a shout out to Nick because he did text us back on Tuesday that as my man is going through Spain, he's like, YO, popped the show on and you guys sound good. And so I want to give a shout out to Nick that while he is with family on a much deserved, much needed vacation, as he's preparing mentally for what might be a tough season for his Chiefs, he found it not robbery to hit us up. So shout out to Nick right for chiming and showing us some love.
Speaker 1: My man. It's always to catch strays. Nice to catch strays during a shout out, which I think Nick just did there on the Chiefs tip. But look it is great Nick, Thank you and get back to your payea enjoy Spain for goodness sakes, what are you doing? Stop watching us? That would be my recommendation. It is great to have everyone here, though, Please like and subscribe to not only Nick's YouTube channel obviously, but both of ours. I'm Damon Bruce plus on YouTube and on TikTok ty. Where can the people find.
Speaker 3: You the ty Butler Show? Like, Share, subscribe. I'm also on Twitter, Instagram ty d Butler. That's where you can holler at me.
Speaker 1: Get to it. Hey, when you do want to start checking things out, you go straight to voicemail sometimes, and that's where today's show always begins, straight to voicemail. Brought to you by Boost Mobile. These are the things that we are not talking about today. But man, this is big news. Tampa had a problem with one of the best players in the sport. His hold in paid out Vita Veya a one year, thirty million dollar exit. He's got to be happy about that. I know other teams who thought of maybe adding Theya through trade are not too excited about that. But that's a big win for Tampa. Indeed, Dan Campbell said he's going back from a gallon of coffee to a half gallon of coffee. That's probably good for all involved, you know, certainly Detroit media. It'll be commer press conferences, you hope. I'm still a gallon of day man myself. I don't know about you, Tai. If you're a coffee guy, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm a zero zero milligrams a day at caffeine.
Speaker 2: A gallon sounds aggressive.
Speaker 3: It's you know, I'm a Celsius cause I shouldn't say zero milligrams of caffeine because I get it in during the workout via Celsius.
Speaker 2: But a gallon that sounds super aggressive.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So look, Dan Campbell, who obviously has had some tremendous success in Detroit. Love to see him taking care of his health. Yo, damon, you're a gallon a day.
Speaker 1: I'll drink like two carass of coffee a day. I drink coffee and then when it gets room temperature, I throw ice in there. Now it's iced coffee. I could drink coffee almost every single time I grab a drink.
Speaker 3: As someone who just formally met you a couple of days ago, I do care about your health and safety, so I would advise you to cut back on that. Take a page out of bite your kneecaps. Dan Campbell's booking and cut down on that.
Speaker 1: Well, I wonder if he'll bite fewer kneecaps. I wonder if this will mean the lines will be less aggressive on fourth down. Now, I wonder if this gameplay I really do. I keep my coffee clean, though only black. I don't go with any cream or sugar. And that's where coffee really starts getting you. You start throwing in the cream the sugar, and next thing you know, you're drinking a milkshake. Fellow coffee drinkers of the world understand exactly what I'm talking about here and the one thing that we are not going to talk about, but we got to watch a little bit because it's funny Draymond getting scared by a lionhead goose. Watch this. Here you go, as you knew co host Draymond for your podcast. There you go. It's good footage right there. You know who really enjoyed that, Jordan Poole. Jordan Poole, huge, huge fan of that Goose man.
Speaker 3: That's a gift that's going to live forever for all the people who want to come at Draymond throughout the season. What I expect to be a little bit of a bumpy ride of a season for the Golden State Warriors that will make its rounds on social media. So I'm excited for that as someone who has been critical of Draymond.
Speaker 2: Especially how he did my man Katie dirty.
Speaker 1: You know what I've always said about Draymond, and feel free to use this on your show, because I think it's the best way to sum up Draymond. Whatever your opinion is about the guy, you're right if you think he's fantastic, if you think he's a winner, if you think he's a Hall of Famer and one of the greatest defenders of all time. You're right if you think he is a destructive teammate, if you think he's taken things off the Warriors table as much as he them on. If you think that he's a pain in the rear end and he's completely self absorbed, but you're right. You know it's your right about all of it. He is. He's been very interesting. He's helped pay the bills around here, that is for sure. By the way, when it comes to paying the bills around here, thanks again to boost Mobile. And we want to remind everyone that the What's Right mail bag is accessible. What's Right mail Bag at gmail dot com. Leave a comment in the chat and let us have it. A couple of fill in hosts just sitting there like two easy targets for a an audience with nice. I gotta tell you, we both we both admitted. We we admitted to each other. We've checked out the comments section and it was a big bag of uh see in two weeks. Everybody, we don't do fill in hosts, and hey, these guys are better than your average fill in hosts. So we thank you very much Internet for your two and a half star review.
Speaker 3: Listen, I don't take it personally because when you're sitting in a chair of one Nicholas, right, I know we use this as a cliche, big shoes to fill and so the moment you don't see him on your screen, it's like.
Speaker 2: I do says I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: But we do got to show some love to the people who did enjoy themselves. It was our first time working together, and so we're trying to build rapport chemistry on the fly as we tackle some of the biggest topics in sports. And you know, I don't want to break my arm, break my hand, pat in our own backs.
Speaker 2: But I thought we did a nice job. I just came away enjoying it absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I have friends who were the harshest critics of my career, and they're like, hey, how long you been working with ty? I said, how long was Tuesday's show? Like, Hey, you guys had pretty good chemistry. And I agree, So let's get it back into the lab and see what the chemistry comes up with today. I know we've got some really interesting stuff. Something that you're very passionate about is where we're starting here today. All right.
Speaker 3: So I'm doing my own thing last night, minding my own business.
Speaker 2: I'm a New York Yankees fan.
Speaker 3: So I'm watching my team once again failed to come through for unders in scoring position. They did win the game, but all of a sudden coming across my Twitter timeline was this blockbuster trade. Now, we had been waiting for some Peyton Watson news and we got it last night. So got the trade, and in this massive trade the Calves they get Peyton Watson from the Nuggets. They also get a twenty twenty second second or twenty twenty seven second rounder from the Clippers that's going to the Wizards.
Speaker 2: Cam Whitmore goes to the Wizards. Then you get the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: So we're like, all right, traded Peyton Watson, Nuggets gotta be coming up with something good here.
Speaker 2: No, they get.
Speaker 3: All they got was an unprotected twenty thirty one Caves first round pick. You got a twenty thirty two King second rounder and Julian reached from the Wizards. The Clippers get Max Strus, the Wizards get trade man from the Calves, and you got a second rounder going to them. And so why I felt so passionately about this is when people crush players for changing teams. Well, back in my day, the Stars were loyal to one franchise. Watch what the Denver Nuggets have done post twenty twenty three championship, and you'll immediately find it silly that you can be critical of an athlete for staying in a bad marriage that didn't merit the best of results. Because what's gonna end up happening here? If Jokic does stay with the Nuggets, you'll look back on his career and say, eh, I look at him as a guy who should have won more. You'll disparage him because his legacy is that of being one of the greatest players of all time. Bring a three time League MVP and despite all of those credentials, all he came away from it was with one championship. That'll negative toy impact his legacy. And so it is a horror fying day. And one of our producers he's a Nuggets fan. I asked him before the show, just how's your day going, and he said, I'm disgusted. I feel terrible because what you're watching is the Denver Nuggets front office continue to waste away the prime of a guy who I would still argue is the best player in basketball, and this trade is continued.
Speaker 2: Evidence of it.
Speaker 3: I know we'll get to the second Apron in a moment, but what a what a travesty man, what a nightmares of an evening. If you are a fan of the Denver.
Speaker 1: Nuggets, nothing gets in the way of a good time more than getting the bill for that good time, right and you're handed the bill for your night and you're like, oh man, we got to pay this. And we will get into the second apron and the aspect of me having to understand one of the most difficult to understand salary cap wrinkles and CBA wrinkles in any sport. It is such punitive damage the Second Apron, and it might as well be called the Joe Laka brule. The Second Apron was basically invented to break up the Warriors because everyone basically and Nick Wright is a part of this misinformation that was put out there that then the Warriors actually did something wrong when they added Kevin Durant. They didn't do anything wrong. They had an incredible draft and developed situation going on with Steph Curry and Draymond Green and at the time Harrison Barnes and things just they hit on so much. Draymond Green, those players all got so expensive, and then because of a growing NBA media deal, there was a huge bump in the salary cap in the one year that Durant was sitting there, and they were able to put together the Hampton five and the rest is history. Well, the NBA wanted to kill its own Golden State goose, and so the second Apron might as well be called the Joe Lacob tax. And what bothers me is the Joe Lacob tax isn't punitive because teams have been financially irresponsible. It's basically, you are being levied this huge tax for what in the Nuggets case would be a desire to retain the asset that you developed. Yes, you know, I mean Watson is the twenty three year old wing that you want, and the Nuggets are walking away from this player because to retain him after the second apron, it's like you're paying him super max money. You want to talk about things in the NBA that really really pissed me off, The fact that we have contractual pay obligations attached directly to postseason placement that media votes on. The NBA has just done it all so wrong. They've done I'm on them all for players making as much money as possible, but the amount of money that it now requires to hold on to a group of stars and then the fringe players around them that really make the stars shine the brightest. Because this is about fit. This is about basketball team, not just in basketball individuals and how their salaries fit together. You want to collect a team built around how the players fit together. And basketball has just put the financial cart before the actual basketball horse, and the second apron is like an admission that we need to protect these owners from themselves when they're still making money hand over fist. It drives me nuts, and you can say that the Nuggets are pissing you off. I get it, I do, but it's really not their fault to walk away from a concept of all right, well so if we hold on to you know, Watson, we don't make any money this year. That's how much that tax is being levied against us.
Speaker 2: So two things, two things can be true.
Speaker 3: One is the Nuggets, after winning their championship, have botched the Nikole Jochic experience.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: The second thing is the second Apron is a disaster that I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Because here's the deal.
Speaker 3: Kristin Brown is going to be the most hated player in Denver today simply because he was offered a contract last year and accepted it. And what it led to was the following offseason the Nuggets losing Peyton Watson for nothing. So everyone's going to kill the Nuggets as I just did for the Brown contract.
Speaker 2: But here's the deal. You can make the argument Kristin.
Speaker 3: Brown going into his contract seat or going into getting his contract, had a better year than Peyton Watson had. This past season, Brown compared to Watson, averaged more points, more rebounds, morsists about the same three point percentage, more efficient on twos and started more games. And so while understandably, as I just laid out, the frustration can be on Denver's front office because by the way, they had the option of just saying, bleep it, we're going all in on this team. You got the best player in basketball. Screw your tax bill, We'll pay it because it's worth it. But since you know, my real problem is this second apron. You're penalizing teams for drafting and developing players. And they should not have had to make a choice between Brown and Watson, with the choice coming a year before, you got a chance to see what Watson could become. And we saw, you know, smallest sample size, but he was really good for them, and one of the reasons why they got bounced in the first round was because he heard his hamstring. And so I just get so sick and tired, so sick and tired of this being phrased as you know, we want to increase parody in the NBA, where it's like, no, you actually want to curb how much these players can make and put more money in the pockets of these owners.
Speaker 2: And this is the.
Speaker 3: Excuse they have to break up championship teams because you can't sit here and tell me. What helps parody is stopping the Nuggets from resigning Peyton Watson. What helped parody is stopping the Knicks from resigning Mitchell Robinson.
Speaker 1: Like that's helping the Nuggets is sending to contender and champion is parody? That is like that is what you wanted, and so you kind of got what you wanted, and now they basically get pinioned under their own success. All right, So I think that both of us are solution based hosts. So here's my solution. The number one problem in the NBA is load management. Yes, I had solved load management. It's so simple. Why the NBA cannot figure it out is beyond me. Start your regular season earlier and your regular season later. If the NBA Finals don't end in June but rather July, nobody's gonna care. What you need is more time. Don't stack the games on top of each other back to backs hurt your veteran players. You need more time. Guess what, I just invented it. Instead of starting your season in late October, start your season in early October. So there you go, Adam Silver, I hope you're watching. I just solved the biggest problem in your sport. I think the second biggest problem in your sport is this second apron and I'd like to solve that for you too. Players drafted do not count dollar for dollar the same way as players that you acquire during via trade or free agency. That the if you bring in a player via free agency, you trade for a player, you got to trade for that contract, you got to eat that whole meal. But when you want to turn around and re sign a player that you have drafted, that salary, when it becomes absorbitant, should not quite dollar for dollar hit your books the same way a free agent salary would. Can we do that? I mean, I just like the NBA has major problems. They got very rich, smart people thinking about this. I am just a fill in host and I freaking figured it out already.
Speaker 3: What is the problem, Because then the unintended consequence becomes. You know, Wemby takes less money than he could have gotten next year, so next year he could have gotten fifty million more, and he's viewed as like this saying he's a hero, whereas Kat who's due for an extension with the Knicks if he takes the most money or any this to say, young superstar who hasn't won yet takes more money, they become villified. They're not given their to you know, they're not on a team friendly deal.
Speaker 2: Do you actually care.
Speaker 3: About winning championships or is it about getting the bag? And that just feels unfair to me, And so.
Speaker 1: This is John Winston's fault, right, this is the Brunsening of the NBA. You're going to be asked to take less to build more around you, and that is unfair to hand that build to the players when there's more than enough money to go around to everyone. We see that everywhere. And these billionaires again, I don't think people understand the difference between million and billion. That's a big difference. It's a really big difference. It's not one hundred million, that's a thousand million dollars to be a billionaire. It's what to count to a million. If you just started one, two, three, four, it would take me eleven days to get to a million, counting twenty four hours a day. To get to a billion, it would take me thirty three years. That's the difference. So the intrinsic value of NBA teams goes up with every single TV contract with every new deal. And you know, I think one of the biggest problems, you know, not just with sports, but with our country. And you could even say, well, this is you know, society and sports or microcosm, blah blah blah. It's just having ring every single dollar out of every moment for the maximum value of it is just it's suffocating people. It's suffocating you at the grocery store. It's suffocating you as you're buying nuggets, tickets. You know, it's suffocating you as you're watching your team. This everyone having to make the most amount of money at all times, no exception to the rule from the starting power forward to the price of that bucket of popcorn. It is it's ugly, it's too greedy, and there's no going back.
Speaker 3: And by the way, that we haven't even hit on what might be the most important aspect of this story, and it's well, what does jo kids think about, you know, everything happening around him, Because he's thinking about horses, right, he's also thinking about that sixty two million dollar player option he's got next year, which he can opt out of for a mega contract, or he can test free agency.
Speaker 2: And so for the first nugget, fans.
Speaker 3: The last couple of years have had every reason to have trepidation about Yolkic and his standing within the organization, coaches being fired and everything that's taking place with them. This is a day where you're hitting the panic button because you have.
Speaker 2: Seemingly moved further and further.
Speaker 3: Oh, you might be the furthest away from being a contender since you won the title back in twenty three. And so if Jokic values winning championships and that is the number one.
Speaker 2: Priority, how does he look at what's.
Speaker 3: Happening in Denver and say, yeah, that's the place I want to sign my next contract with.
Speaker 1: I was unprotected twenty thirty one, supposed to help him in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Now right like in the prime of his career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. It's it's a little ridiculous.
Speaker 3: The Nuggets are still a good team. As long as Aaron Gordon is healthy and you've got Jamal Murray, there's still a good team. Christian b after getting that contract, was awful last year, so maybe he's better. Cam Johnson I thought had a rough season. Maybe you can flip him because he's an expiring contract.
Speaker 2: So there are still there are still ways the Nuggets can be an interesting team next year, but I don't know how you look at them and say, yeah, they're gonna win the West. Here's the thing you should because they have Jokics.
Speaker 1: Good is available to anyone in the NBA. Greatness is being denied. Good is available. Greatness is being denied. And should you actually go out of your way to achieve greatness, it will be stripped from you due to financial constraints more than your own incompetence, or your own bad choices, or your own inability to retain your own talent. Is it's a little bit backwards. And what the NBA consistently gets backwards is we have an actual basketball conversation here, but we have to sift through files and paperwork and the accounting of how teams are put together more than just hey, how do they actually fit together? From a basketball standpoint, due the Cavaliers are big winners in this twenty three year old Watson is the wing that you want with more helps gives them, you know, and they give up nothing of importance to add two good young players to a team that was pretty good last year. So the Cavaliers, just from a basketball standpoint, are the big winners in this, so you know, it's I'm so tired of the business of sports getting in the way of sports.
Speaker 3: And I want to hit on the cast for a moment because it's funny, like the day after they emerge as big winners, they're not even the least story despite the fact that they were an Eastern Conference finals team.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is a big move for them.
Speaker 3: It's a home run because, as you just pointed out, it's one of the missing ingredients. And they swung on a trade last two trade deadlines ago for DeAndre Hunter that didn't work. They tried to do it during the draft with Acoro they got him. I believe it was the fifth pick that didn't work. I thought best off season imaginable is you get Lebron to come home he saw a lot of your issues, or some pipe dream world trade for Kevin Durant that obviously doesn't happen. But of all the case scenarios that were realistic, this ends up being one of the best and so good for the Calves and an Eastern Conference that they're seeing has gotten better. Right, Like we know, Jalen Brown and Lebron going to Philly, the Knicks of the ragning champs and the Knicks smoked them. The Raptors at some point might end up with Kawhi Leonard if this investigation ever comes to a halt. And so they had to make a move and they did so, so you know, credit to them for doing that, and then we would expect Harden's going to return at some point.
Speaker 1: Have we talked half the show on this one subject pretty much? Shoot, should we start moving on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. But I'm an NBA guy, soyah.
Speaker 3: I love these stories and it's it's fun. It's not fun for our producer Daniel Face pumping this entire segment.
Speaker 1: But yeah, let's go to some football. It's gotta hurt. It's gotta hurt. Shoot you you know what, should we hit him with the boost Mobile.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Hit boost mobile.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to you about boost mobile.
Speaker 3: Because if you ever notice that everything keeps going up, Rent's going up, streaming services, they're going even your second aprons, tax bills, tax bills, player salaries, they're all going up. Denver title ode certainly going up because they are, you know, going in the other direction. But even your favorite burrito spot suddenly think salsa should cost extra but with boost Mobile, you' and your phone bill.
Speaker 2: They don't have to play the will this go up soon?
Speaker 3: Game? Why because boost Mobile has an unlimited talk, sex, and data plan at a price that will never go up. In fact, it's the same price you'll play for life. So switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that will never go up.
Speaker 2: Only at boost Mobile.
Speaker 3: After thirty gigabytes, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars per month as long as they remain active on the boost Mobile Unlimited plan.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts back in the crosshairs after a joint practice where he's what picked off three times? Oh my goodness, Philadelphia, New England joint practice ahead of their preseason game on Saturday, and Jalen Hurts nineteen to twenty seven, no touchdowns, three interceptions, one of them being a pick six, and you know, immediately somebody in Philadelphia says, you know, in the twenty twenty four training camp he went three hundred and five straight passes without an interception. Okay, all right here we are.
Speaker 2: Wait, can I say something about that real quick?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, because we're filling in for Nick, and I remember Nick's take about that training camp where he didn't throw any interceptions, and Nick actually found that to be a bad thing. I remember Nick saying this is bad news because it feels like and I'm paraphrasing, So I apologize Nick if I'm getting a little bit of this wrong. But I remember something along the lines of it means he's not being aggressive enough. You would like to see more interceptions because you want him to take chances. You want him going throwing the ball down the field, you want him spreading it around, you want him throwing it across the middle of the field, which we know he has a propensity not to do. And so two years ago Nick found this to be slightly concerning. So I would be curious what's Nick's take now seeing it. Yesterday he threw three interceptions, one which came on a tip path, So give him a little bit of you know, courtesy there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, it's got some hiccups.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I guess I have to say the words. I don't like saying these words. I agree with Nick. I think interceptions. I think interceptions have been so publicly vilified and they shouldn't be. Sometimes an interception deep down the field is as good as a punt on special teams. Not all interceptions are created equal, and interceptions are the price of doing business aggressively as a quarterback. I don't think interceptions are the single worst thing that can happen in a football You know where, when, Where on the game clock, where on the scoreboard, where on the field. It all happens. Not all interceptions are created equal, and among the most benign interceptions in the history of football are all the ones that you throw in training camp, which is just practice. It doesn't matter. Let me ask you a question here, ty, Do you know how many interceptions Dan Marino threw in nineteen ninety eight in Dolphins training camp.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a high number.
Speaker 1: No one knows because we didn't have Twitter, and we weren't suffocating ourselves with the NFL's information twenty four hours a day. It didn't matter. It didn't matter. I care about three training camp interceptions as much as I care about three training camp touchdowns.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean anything. It's training camp. It's practice. Go ahead, make your mistakes in practice. You'll learn from a stade. We are sitting there trying to box score practice. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: We're carrying.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited because this might be the first time where we legitimately have a disagreement.
Speaker 2: On the show. And here here is where I will push back.
Speaker 3: So I don't typically care about training camp practices and joint practices unless you've had significant changes in your off season, and like I don't know, a new offensive coordinator, like losing your best weapon, like bringing in new guys like Mackay Lemon, and you know, having Devonte Smith, he's elevated on the depth chart, and those two receivers have not been pressent present because they're dealing with hamstring issues. And so in a year when you've got massive pressure your head coaches on.
Speaker 2: A hot seat.
Speaker 3: People are ready to run you out of Philadelphia, and we're asking you to run a new offense where we want to see you under center more, we want to see you throw the ball over the field more, we want to see you be a guy that can lead the team back to the Super Bowl. I do care a lot about some of the struggles because a lot of the situation has changed around him, and he's coming off of a very very disappointing year.
Speaker 2: And so while while it.
Speaker 3: Might not be the biggest deal in the world, the actual intercepted passes. I think the circumstances surrounding it would have you on high alert if you're an Egles fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we do agree on this, We're not really disagree. We're sort of kind of veering off on what we did. Jalen Hurts his biggest problem is not those interceptions. It is all the moving parts. This is his sixth offensive coordinator going into his seventh NFL season. That's a bigger problem for him. Uh, the fact that a relationship with an A plus receiver deteriorated and he wasn't able to salvage that through either drinking gallons of coffee together, or going out to dinner together, or going to the club together, or going to Bible study together, or just doing whatever it takes to repair and important. I'm your quarterback, you're my wide receiver. Relationship with AJ Brown, that's Jalen Hurts his problem, as much as as the moving coordinators around him. And of course it's all nestled in the always comfortable sports city of Philadelphia, which apparently is dying to forget. And here's the thing. I'm a little older, I'm a officially old enough to remember the twenty twenty four season when Jalen Hurts went four to zero in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl. Yes, I mean, by the way, Lebron, this is what you're signing up for, dude. Yeah, I won a Super Bowl and they are just knives out for him. Still not good enough for us, even though the offensive line isn't what it used to be, This defense isn't what it used to be. New coordinator every five minutes around here, it's it's it's it's nuts how a guy reaches the mountaintop and then they're just looking for ways to disregard you. I think Jalen Hurts is a pretty darn good quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: So I agree with you, and I have argued that he is maybe the most disrespected quarterback in football. And it's based a lot on like how it looks like he's not the prettiest thing to watch the tush push. Is he really good or is it a product of all of the talent around him? We give Howie Roseman all the credit. No one wants to get you know what's so funny? So apparently Nick Sirianni isn't any good Jalen Hurst isn't any good. But all they do is when seventy percent of their games they go to two Super Bowls and win one. So somebody's might gotta be good, Like the two most important positions, somebody's got to be good.
Speaker 1: But I'm when the Olyfall teams would kill for that level of failure.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, It's just that in Philly, when it's bad, it's real bad, like the end of season losing five of six and getting dusted in the playoffs by the Bucks, and then the way last year went obviously was underwhelming. And so again, while I agree with you that I think there is a bit of an unfair standard when it comes to Jalen Hurts, I tend to treat the preseason and training camp a little bit more seriously when there are a bunch of moving parts, knowing that this is and you know, we were supposed to talk about Nick Sirianni like your coach is on the hottest seat in the league and if you guys don't deliver, like there are going to be massive changes that happen next off season, a year after massive changes happened this past offseason that we can directly link back to you and your inability, as you just pointed out, to repair the relationship with your stud receiver, and especially if he goes on to New England and him and Drake May are cooking and they're lighting it up. Think about what the headlines are going to be.
Speaker 1: Then it's they'll be loud. We do know that. We do know that. By the way, A J. Brown caught a team high seven passes with the starting offense on Wednesday, So I'm guess that and I guess, And that just ratcheted everything up a little bit too, right.
Speaker 3: And then the quote when aj is asked about like, oh, you know going up against Villy, He's like, yeah, I've spoken to my teammates and they're like, how about Jealand Hurts And he's like, nah, I haven't really spoken him yet.
Speaker 1: It's there is the there, it is, there's the problem. This is how we got here, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, But it's a fun storyline.
Speaker 3: Listen, Eagles go out there and win the Super Bowl again, we'll be having the same conversations about Jalen Hurris. You and I would be defending him, and then the media be saying, oh, he's not that good.
Speaker 1: It feels like people think that, you know, a player eventually reaches his Madden rating and then there's never going to be a backslide like they reach they reach the peak of their super prime and then nothing is going to knock them off that super prime at all, and everything is going to go forward. Progress is not linear. Even the good ones take step backwards in sometimes in some ways. And you know, I guess this kind of brings us to c J. Stroud Moving on, and you want to talk about how situations dictate careers. Here's a career that when we first saw it in his year, we were all sort of blown away by how you know, duck to water. He just looked like he was ready to take over football. Then things started changing around him, you know, coaching changes, We've got an awful lot of injuries to his wide receivers. He developed early chemistry with Tank Dell, Tank Dell bad injury, Miko Collins bad injury. Then the injuries came to the offensive line and there was just massive regression. And progress isn't linear. I still think CJ. Stroud is a pretty good quarterback, but the situation around him as good as that defense became under Tamiko Ryans, they haven't been able to just walk that tightrope of nothing to worry about on this offense, not at all, And that is what is leading to the spotlight on Stroud again. A very good young player who is dedicated to the craft. You don't hear about him being in the club. You hear about him being in the film room. He's studying, he's doing all only ken. But you got to ride in with the horses that brought you there, and the Houston Texans, their horses keep getting hurt around him. I like Stroud, but the situation isn't what it used to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the problem for him is a couple of things. One he hasn't gotten his contract yet. The second thing is I still believe CJ. Stroud can be a really good quarterback.
Speaker 2: But the longer.
Speaker 3: Time elapses between what we now see, which is not good, and his rookie season, and you didn't question was that an aberration? And if you're the Texans, whether it's the organization or if you're a fan, you have to be looking at last year as a wasted opportunity because it's like Man Mahomes wasn't there in the playoffs. No, Lamar the AFC for all intents and purposes, was wide. Oh but our quarterback had seven turnovers in two playoff games and we were cooked. And by the way, you know who who else struggled at quarterback during the playoffs last year, Drake May and yet they ended up in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But he just wasn't as bad as CJ. Stroud.
Speaker 3: And when we look at the overall rosters, I'd say Houston's was better than New England.
Speaker 2: But CJ was as bad as you possibly could be.
Speaker 1: And they're seeing that was terrible.
Speaker 3: We's got the yips and then despite having like a dominant defense, you ended with disappointment. And so look, I don't want to pretend it's all CJ offensive line. He keeps getting hit, receivers going down, miss ting Dell for an entire year last year, and now he's got another receiver that's hurt. But it's like, man, like we we could have been the Seahawks last year, Like that could have been us, and yet it wasn't because you were terrible, and now we've got to pay you this big contract.
Speaker 2: And so it's like you're at a crossroads.
Speaker 1: If you're the Texans, it's every single quarterback is like running two races at once. How quickly can you figure out how to play in this league before your body gives out on you? Because this is the ultimate injury sport, and you know your body's going to give out on you or someone who you need desperately's body is going to give out on them. And then things change when that turns into offensive linemen and valuable receivers. And again this all started. You know, we decided to talk about this today because of the Jaden Higgins tearing his ACL man, and that just that changes things. And it's uh, I don't think he is responsible for the struggles of the Houston Texans as much as some people want to label it to him. It's circumstances, man, And nobody wants to Again, no one wants any nuance. They just want black or white, good or bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you almost become a victim of your own success.
Speaker 3: And like when we look back at what he was his rookie year, Like before Jaden's rookie season, it was like, oh, CJ, that's the best we've ever seen. And since he has not been anything close to that, Damon, it's.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, uh, are you going to prove.
Speaker 3: And what also, and this is gonna sound odd, what also hurts him is how tremendous their defenses because, as I just pointed out, like they should be a contender, and yet none of us think that they are because of the quarterback being the weak link. And you know, this year, he's got an opportunity to change the narrative. But the further we get removed from what we saw his rookie year, the less you believe he can tap back into that.
Speaker 1: By the way, you hear the did you hear about the Aziz al Schaier vegetable hoarding story? Have you heard about this?
Speaker 2: No? I haven't put me on what's going on?
Speaker 1: The Texans defense has just become ultra competitive, like who can take the fastest shower, Who can put their socks on the fastest? Who can walk to the meeting room the fastest? You have to be like a mall walker. You're not allowed to break the pace of a walk Who can walk to the meeting fastest? Who can acquire the most vegetable points in the weekly nutrition plan? And apparently Aziz al Shaier has been stealing sweet potatoes and vegetables from the commissaries so he can acquire the most vegetable points in meal time. So that's that's what I love about football. What I don't love about preseason football is counting interceptions as like, oh my god, this is this is what's going to matter now. The Texans defense bonding over vegetable points. That is probably going to matter more in the regular season than interceptions.
Speaker 3: You'd rather count pieces of vegetables than you know, total interceptions.
Speaker 1: I get it. I think I would. I think I would. Hey, everyone watching, leave us questions comments in the chat. We're gonna be taking viewer questions at the end of the show. Let us have it. We got thick skin. We're big boys. What could we be doing better when we come back on Tuesday Thursday next week. We're looking forward to that and maybe even throw a topic suggestion out there for the coming NFL season. You can do that too. Shall we move on down the board?
Speaker 2: Ty, let's do it, man, we got a lot to get to. I'm looking at the clock.
Speaker 1: I'm seriously, we're talking way past the clock here. Overtime's gonna be a lot overtime unless we pick it up and start putting it down.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Man, Let's talk some Travis Hunter.
Speaker 3: So, if I'm to be honest, well, first of all, it's ridiculous to question if this guy's a bust.
Speaker 2: I mean, he just got into the league.
Speaker 3: But I always felt like he was best suited to play one side of the ball. And look, as a sports fan, it's cool, right if you can play both sides. We see what's going on with Show Hail Tiny, it's fantastic. But even with Show him, he's not pitching right now because he's always dealing with some arm elbow issue. And with Travis Hunter coming off of a season where it was cut short because of a knee injury, you do have to wonder if he is just best suited to play one side of the ball and maybe just be a gadget player on offense.
Speaker 2: And that's how I feel now.
Speaker 3: What I also find to be most interesting and maybe a little bit instructive is when you watch and you read about what's going on in training camp. He's mostly being used predominantly on defense, And when you read like the why, it's like, hey, it's we need high IQ, high IQ defensive minded players, so it requires more attention and we want most of the reps to go there, and we need you to get a little bit of a mental break. And so I think that the expectation if you're a jack span is to see him be most utilized on defense and then come into some special packages on offense and that'll set them best up for success. They were a top I believe it was top seven on both offense and defense, and so I think this would work fine. But if you're questioning whether or not he's a buster already, I think that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're way too early to get into that. The guy hasn't played twenty professional games yet, so everyone take a breath on that. I don't think people understand. And this is the privilege that we get by having credentialed lives, and we get around to athletes and we see the dedicate. Everybody's got talent. How much technique in detail goes into your talent is what really separates these guys. Travis Hunter, to come up with the technique and the detail it takes to be a shut down cornerback in the NFL is a full time job. To then add the technique in detail that comes with being an X Y or Z receiver. In this league, that is a full time job. To ask anybody to have two full time jobs when you're competing against the best in the world everywhere around you on the field, it's a big ass. And Travis Hunter's got more talent in his thumbnail than I have in my entire body. But learning the techniques or not learning the techniques will be the difference between sinking or swimming in this league. I would just go up to Lawrence. I would go up to the quarterback and I would just ask him, is there some sort of profound connection that you have with this guy that means he needs to spend thirty percent of every day working with you offensively, or just can we make him a corner one hundred percent of the time? If there is indeed a asked for by my franchise quarterback, agreed to by my pretty successful right off the rip head coach and Liam Cohne, if those guys are just, you know, completely ready to die on the hill that he must play wide receiver too, then I guess he must. But that's such a big ask, and he'll be a better corner if they don't ask him to do it.
Speaker 3: I just wonder, like, is there a way to satiate him by, like I said, special packages.
Speaker 1: Gadget him up, Yeah, gadget package.
Speaker 3: Like, yo, you want some tuddies, Like all right, we'll give you the ball in the red zone and you know, make it happen for us. But I just listen, like I understand coming in, And I can't say I understand because I'm not a football player.
Speaker 2: I'm not an athlete. I get that coming in.
Speaker 3: He wanted to do both because it's an amazing feat and what a tremendous story it would be. But play defense, man, be the best version of yourself on one side of the ball. Focus and lock in on that. And if y'all somehow go on and run you win the super Bowl, that to me is better than you getting hurt, you being known for playing two sides, like there is a bigger prize than you playing offense and defense. And we'll reward you, like I said, We'll give you a couple of gadget plays and packages. So I think that's the best way to attack this. If I'm the.
Speaker 1: Jags, that's definitely a way to keep the player happy. Sometimes, you know, you want to keep players happy. Sometimes the player's happiness has to take a back seat to team priority. So again, Trevor, do you have a profound connection. Is there something that we just can't afford to bring up, Because if we can't afford to break it up, let's just put him on one side of the ball and get him really good over there. Let this guy get the ball back to you by making plays defensively, and let's go about winning games normally. It is so hard to be good at any one thing in football, much less any two things in football. You know, when you want to learn about a spot, what Nick Right, I'm sure is doing in Spain is looking for locals whenever he can find them. Don't tell me to go to the place on trip Advisor. Where are you and your family going for dinner tonight? I want a locals touch. And that brings us to coast to coast because I've been out in San Francisco for over twenty years now. I'm originally from the East Coast, but you are surrounded by it. You're the East Coast guy, I'm the West Coast guy. And we both have some questions for each other, some things going on in our backyards that you can't really understand unless you're in the backyard every day. I got to ask you about the happiness in the backyard that is New York City. Is New York City happy right now because of the Knicks. Is it still reverberating through the boroughs that the Knicks won this whole thing to the point where James Dolan can even walk down the street and no one's yelling nasty things at him. Has that happened?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 3: Because a lot of the frustration from Nick fans not having won in fifty three years stemmed from their annoyance with the owner, him getting in his hands and putting his hands in places where they shouldn't be, A lot of that damon has subsided post championship. Yo, I still have not gone a single day walk in the streets of New York City without seeing any type of Nick paraphernalia. And you see all the back orders coming in the championship hats, the shirts and all of that.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 3: I don't know that Dolan has a clean slate, But what I can tell you is doing radio in New York being, you know, around fans, there doesn't seem to be the same level of vitriol. And it obviously has come from the Knicks winning a championship. I also found it kind of endearing where he's on the podium in City Hall and he apologized that it took so long, and he's like, I hope it doesn't take us long next time. And so I think, all it's cool with the Knick fans. They've got a lot of motion and they're just on this high man. Like I've said this too, Like even if they go into the season and they're the sixth seed, like nick Fins are feeling so confident and on top of the world. There's such a cloud nine elements to it where they're like, Yo, we're gonna win the East again and we'll be fine.
Speaker 1: I really think speeding, yeah, I mean, seating doesn't even matter. You just want to get to the postseason healthy, take your chances healthy. When you've done it and you know you can do it, that matters. I also remember that within forty eight hours of the nixt winning their championship, we had quotes about not going into the second Apron. But again there's this damn second Apron rearing its ugly head again. I will say this about Dolan. I can't help but notice he was gone from Jimmy to James real quickly, right, So he's grown up. He is one for twenty seven He's on the Knicks for twenty seven years. That's an thirty seven batting average. So he's still got to keep it up. But even my nice thing about Dolan is this, have you been to the Sphere in Las Vegas yet? Because he did that? Oh dude, it is. I'm gonna argue right now that the greatest entertainer in America is not any one person. It is the video dome that is behind the stage at the Sphere. You don't even need the band there playing. You could just turn that damn screen on and that's the greatest entertainer in America. You gotta get to the Sphere first. Thing that even mildly interests you that playing at the Sphere, Get on an airplane, go to Vegas, see the Sphere with your own two eyes. It's you've never seen anything like it. So why won't think Dolan for that?
Speaker 3: And some people have surmised that maybe part of the reason why, you know, he kept his hands out of the cookie jar, so to speak, and allowed Leon Rosen and Worldwide West to do their job, was because he was focused on this big project out in Las Vegas, and so yeah, Nick fans are happy. Dolan has obviously, you know, not had the best track record. Nickson Vans were not pleased with who he was hanging out with in Game three in the suite at the Garden, which happened to be their only loss of the series.
Speaker 2: But that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: Right now, there is such a level of elation they're not even thinking about the owner of the team. They're just like, yo, we've got our roster coming back with Mitchell Robinson notwithstanding, and we're just gonna run.
Speaker 2: This thing back.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. It was awesome to see the Garden in the postseason, just I mean at its most full throat rabbit. It was. It was great theater. It was great drama, it really was. And that's what the NBA needs to sell, not sick second apron stress. That's what the NBA needs to sell for us. So that was great.
Speaker 3: Does the NFL as we go now to the West Coast, does the NFL need to sell the San Francisco substation, this electrical substation in your city that allegedly is leading to a rash of forty nine ers injuries. Now, the Niners, of course, have dismissed these conspiracies, but it's fun on the internet. And so I ask you, as the resident Bay Area person on the show, is this substation something that fans of the Niners needs to be concerned about.
Speaker 1: I don't know, And that's why you need to be concerned about it. Perception becomes reality, you know, it's just that simple. I don't know if we can prove that it's doing damage. I don't know if the Niners can tangibly disprove it does absolutely nothing. I do know that Pat mcafe, they opened up a show talking about how this is practiced. Chernobyl and the forty nine ers are in an electrical prison when they're a training camp, and the pictures are unlike really any other NFL training camp. I don't know what is or isn't happening. I also know that football is an injury sport. I don't know how it's related. I don't know, you don't know, We don't know, but boy are we talking about it. Therefore, it is a problem for the forty nine ers. And then you know there's the there's a little bit of a cynic in me that says, all right, what if they really did find something was indeed wrong, would they share that information? Would they then what move their training camp, their practice facility, their headquarters, their stadium because it's next to this thing? All I know is a question that I was asked, if you were buying a house, would you want your house to be directly next to an electrical substation? And the definitive answer from everybody is no, I wouldn't want that. I wouldn't want that. But the niners are right up against it, and I don't think there's anything they can do about it. And it's going to linger because once the Internet gets its teeth on something, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Oh correct and when you see the injuries continue in the amount, it is just going to breathe life into this thing.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'll say. I think that it is.
Speaker 3: It is smart to operate with a healthy level of skepticism just throughout life, because it then can lead to you doing some homework, being educated on various subjects that you otherwise weren't educated on. There has been a ton of research that has debunked this theory, and so.
Speaker 2: I know we live in a world where it's like a man, damn the research.
Speaker 3: I don't care about what the experts or the scientists are saying the world.
Speaker 1: I googled it, so now I'm an expert.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Like I tend to lend, you know, as someone who is not privy to all of the details, I'm leaning on the homework I've done.
Speaker 2: I've seen experts study it.
Speaker 3: I saw a Pablo Tory, he had a podcast episode on it.
Speaker 2: This theory has been debunked.
Speaker 3: And so, as someone who is not a San Francisco resident, notty Niners fan, I'm all the way out here on the East Coast, I'm saying this is much ado about nothing.
Speaker 1: Thank you. But you know, we live in a world where people they wear their tinfoil hats with pride. That's what's going on. Let me let me ask you this, because this is about the fan experience. Okay, does anybody like going to MetLife stadium. It seems like Giants fans hate it. It seems like Jets fans hate it. It seemed like World Cup fans hate it. It seems like fans going to concerts hate it. Met Life seems to be about the most miserable day in a stadium, getting to it, paying through it, leaving it, ingress, egress, all that stuff. Is it as bad as everyone says it is?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: So I actually don't think I've been to MetLife since twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: It might be twenty.
Speaker 3: It was a Jets Patriots Week three game and I'm sitting in the rain. ESPN had an event that I was in attendance for, and you know, it was fine. It was cool because I got there like hours before. But no one likes going to MetLife Stadium between the traffic, yo getting out of that parking lot is an absolute disaster. It's a stadium that was built not all that long ago, and yet doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have the look or feel like it. And so, yes, MetLife Stadium, all that you have heard is correct about traveling there, being there, and the turf is bad as well. The turf stings.
Speaker 1: It does. It gets guys hurt. It feels like it gets If there was ever an NFL stadium that should have said, hey, you know what, we can put grass in here. We just did it for the World Cup. We're going to keep going with this, it was that stadium and they didn't. By the way, shame on the NFL. Players Association for not getting this done. It's the one thing that your entire association agrees on. We want grass in the stadia that have roofs. That's more difficult. I'll see you that there's no roof there that could be terf that can be converted to actual grass. And NFL players need to pull the linel messy dude, we ain't playing and this ain't right. I really wish they would.
Speaker 2: It's responsible from one of my most painful memories as a Jet fan, Aaron Rodgers tearing his achilles on Monday Night football.
Speaker 1: By the way, painful memories as a Jets fan. How big is that bouquet.
Speaker 2: Of hours we can do? We were an hour and we could do another hour on that.
Speaker 1: So I've just seen the note, by the way, passed along by the studio saying let's save these NFL rankings and games for next week. We are already too deep in overtime and we want to get to listener questions and comments and things like that. So I guess we should do that. Look at it. We spent so much time talking about second aprons and things, and we talked out our NFL segment.
Speaker 3: You know what it is that one show that we did. We developed so much chemistry. It's like two guys at a bar sitting down and having a conversation.
Speaker 2: It goes on and on and on.
Speaker 1: Blame the chemistry there. Yeah, I like that. I like that. The chemistry was so phenomenal. We just couldn't shut up and move on. So are we going listener questions? That's what the column says. In the column, it never lies, all right, Red Jetschell, who by the way, is a Damon Bruce plus regular. She is from Oakland. She's awesome Damon early in the morning. Whoa, how much did the extra coffee? How much did it take? Look, I just it's the same. I have it every day. I just I get my coffee delivered in bags. Get it, I get it, I get a shipped to the house. And my coffee is good coffee. It is good coffee. But we're crushing it and I will refill this before I do my show at eleven am West Coast, Red jet I hope to see you there. But thanks for watching the regulars tapping in. That's me awfully happy.
Speaker 3: No, that's great for you. So do you get a nap in before d because this is early. This is do you get a nap in.
Speaker 2: Before the next show or is the coffee just keeping No?
Speaker 1: You know, here's a lot. It's like I got a seven year old and a five year old, and I know I look way too old to have kids that young, but wife and I started late, and those beautiful boys of mine have me up like the rooster every morning, whether I want to be or not. So coffee is just part of function, That's what it is. I no naps, no days off. We just keep going forward. That's what we do. But I am through. I do go to bed about as early as a grandmother does these days. I'll admit that what time is that? Like ten thirty? I'm usually tapping out, man, Well.
Speaker 3: Get it in man before the football season starts. Gotta get it in.
Speaker 1: Now, Absolutely, gotta get it in. Let's see. Andy is asking did Shaq's title with the Heat add to his legacy? Thanks for the question, Andy, Absolutely, I think the answers of course, yes, all titles legacies.
Speaker 3: What championship I guess unless you're Kevin Durant doesn't answer your legacy. And also remember three years after that, Kobe then wins the first of two championships. So remember there was like this Kobe versus Shack thing, Who's gonna win more? And so when Shack immediately wins going to Miami, it looked.
Speaker 2: Bad on Kobe.
Speaker 3: But Kobe then follows that up by going to three straight finals and winning two. So you know, I mean, obviously it adds to his legacy. But then in the context of what Kobe was able to do without him in LA, it was massive for him. As we sit back and look back on you know what happened with that twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm a big believer. There are no stupid questions but that that's that's getting close, right, all all championships matter. It probably matter too much. To be totally honest with you, I think that we've you know, drowned ourselves in ring culture, uh, to the point where you know, it's it's it's it's annoying, it's become obnoxious. It really really has. Yes, but that added to Shack's legacy, and it certainly added to his legacy more than his time with what the Cavaliers, the Celtics, all his goodbye sounds. Oh my gosh, I forgot the Sack, the sun dial, the big Sun dial Was he a big Aristotle at that time when we were changing nicknames like teams.
Speaker 2: That's what I remember Popovich.
Speaker 3: I intentionally foul him to start a game, like just to just to troll.
Speaker 1: Him, and then he does this, uh prewish prish pry Rush says that Jokic might be going to Golden State for those Warriors. Look, I am so sick and tired of hearing about the big free agent who's gonna come in and save the Golden State Warriors. I mean, it was Yannis, then for a minute there it was Lebron, and I guarantee you it will happen and the Warriors might even float it. Yeah we're interested. You know, we can't talk about it, no tampering, but yeah, we'd be interested. And then for whatever reason, it doesn't happen. That seems to have defined the Warriors lately, the promise of the big piece of help that never shows up to help. That's that's what the Warriors have done over the last couple of years. Oh, by the way, the Jonathan cominga situation that's going on right now. Everybody got the calculus on him wrong. Everybody that guy turned down a three year seventy five million dollar deal, and right now they're talking about he might go back to Atlanta for the minimum.
Speaker 3: Or you might go to the Lakers on a you know, a short deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's good. Let me tell you just a little friendly advice from you, from me to you. Anyone ever offers you seventy five million over three, you probably just say, yeah, that's work.
Speaker 3: I wonder because he actually had a good couple of good games. I know, we have some more questions to get to. You had a couple of good games in that Knick series, like if they ever to beat the Knicks and then you know they get to the second round. Any flashes, I guess not. As I'm talking through it, there was no way that back.
Speaker 1: I do that too. You start a segment and you're trying to make a point, then you talk yourself out of the point you were trying to make in the middle of the second. That's good. That means you're not just you know, locked into one position, you're thinking things through. It's always a good sign for all hosts. Oh, here's a little something for you. Okay, here's a little something for you, which means we have an official repeat viewer from Tuesday to Thursday. That's good carryover. That's what we're looking for. How are the Ravens clearly better than the Chiefs? Is this? Did Nick Wright ask this himself? This is cute.
Speaker 2: Nix nix and our you tube comments.
Speaker 3: So I floated this out there when I was listing the teams that were clearly better than the Chiefs going into this season, and I think I said Denver, Buffalo, New England, and I threw in the Ravens. The Ravens had a better season. The Ravens also don't have their quarterback coming off of a season ending injury, and so I just think that the Ravens, you look at their roster, it's better that the Chiefs have a bunch of questions on their defense. Young players that they acquired, they drafted, and so maybe they will pop. But you've got a tight end who's what thirty seven years old, You've got a receiving core that you don't exactly love, and again, most importantly, your quarterback's not coming off of season ending surgery. And so right now, I think the Ravens are a better team than the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I'm not arguing when you said it, I didn't argue with you, right, I think, yeah, now, think can change fast. Things change fast in football. We all know that, But I don't. How about I think they're kind of like, you know, we love our tiers, our quarterback tiers right now. I think they're sort of on the same tier of competition. But I would list Baltimore before I listed Kansas City. But Kansas City can also win a Super Bowl if Patrick mahomes a superman again. We do know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there our schedules so easy too.
Speaker 1: It is Wedegeist with Wedgiest. I don't know what this name is. He does say we're cooking again.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Thank you very very much for coming on in and cooking with us in the kitchen here. And thanks so much to Nick right as well for just flipping us the keys to the Ferrari to drive it around the block a couple times over these next few weeks. And we really do appreciate it. We certainly appreciate everybody back in the studio working with pro producers again. Oh, it's just been it's been heaven, it really has. Thank you so very much, and Ty working with you, dude. It's easy. It's just hitting the ball back and forth. Man, our chemistry has doubled since Tuesday show. It's made sense because we've officially doubled our show total together. Imagine how much we're gonna be cooking. We're gonna getting Michelin stars this time next week and our fourth show together.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, listen.
Speaker 3: The goal is Nick comes back and it's like, Hey, Nick, you got some other stuff for you to do here at the volume.
Speaker 2: That's that's the.
Speaker 1: Hey, hit that like button, this rate this live stream, give it love. Hit that notify button as well, and whenever I go live, whenever Ty goes live, give us some love over on our YouTube channels as well. Thank you so very very much for watching today. Shout out again to boost Mobile, who makes it all possible and helps keep the light on. Nick right, enjoy that Piea in Spain. Have a great vacation and a great weekend, and we will be back on Tuesday. And I can't wait to work with you again.
Speaker 4: Ty.
Speaker 1: This was an awful lot of fun. I'm giving you the last word. Thank you everyone.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to it makes sho for you guys at Tidy Butler. Subscribe to my YouTube show, The Ty Butler Show. Subscribe, like share, subscribe, and then hit me up on Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 2: It's been a fun time.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to getting back with you on Tuesday, the What's Right Show with Nick Right and we're cooking, man, we're cooking.
Speaker 2: So have a blessed weekend and we'll catch out next week. Deuces,