Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the KSR pre Show. It is Monday, April twenty eighth. I'm Shannon the Dude, being joined by Billy Rutledge and give us a call on the Clark's Puppet Shop bone line eight five nine two eight to Zho twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 2: You're a whiskey Thief. Call of the day.
Speaker 1: You can also hit us up on the text line at five two two six five six.
Speaker 2: Six five six.
Speaker 1: The KSR pre Show as always being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian donning in Lexington. It is Derby Week and we've got our very own Derby correspondent from KSR, Billy r Sports, who was with me this morning in Lexington.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Billy, how are you? Good morning, Shannon. I don't know if I'd go that far. It's almost one of those fake it to your make it type of things. But you're still doing that. Oh yeah, yeah, you're doing that right now this morning. Yeah. Don't get it twisted by one hour a day. It starts now. But no, I'm really excited for this. It's just it's one of the best weeks of the year. I think some people like Ryan Lemon will never go back to the Derby. But Shannon, to me, it's I still love it and I still love getting out there, even though there's one hundred thousand people there or plus. But started a fun weekend. Good to see you this morning. Yeah, big week for you.
Speaker 1: You've also got a birthday coming up on Thursday, right, Yeah, that's the Big three to oh coming up. As I was telling you before we got the show, started AARPS right around the corner. Social Security coming up. So yeah, welcome to your thirties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no midlife crisis, Billy r sports week here. I had a little bit of a surprise party over the weekends, so it's going to be such a busy weekend, and so had a great time with friends and family. But this is kind of a birthday I've been dreading, Shannon. I don't know what it is the Big three to oh. I don't know when my knees are gonna start hurting a little bit more, or if I'm just gonna start going to bed an hour earlier every year. But Shannon, I feel like this is the start of getting to the old age. So this is gonna be a big week.
Speaker 1: You say you had a surprise birthday party? Who all shows up? Because I've never had a surprise birthday party. I've always kind of secretly wanted a surprise birthday party, but I guess like the people in my life just don't have it in them to put together a surprise or maybe I would ruin the surprise because I would just know what's going on.
Speaker 2: So I've never had one before.
Speaker 1: But who came to your surprise birth Well I wasn't invited, by the way, to the surprise birthday party.
Speaker 2: No, No, you weren't. Unfortunately, I wish I would have loved for you have been there. I guess the fiance didn't get around to that. It was only like some of my closest friends, maybe like six or seven guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's a surprise to me that it even happened. I'm just now finding out right now. Well, I mean, I'd love for you to come. I wasn't handing out the invites though, and I had no idea it was. It was actually a complete surprise. Nai've billy had no idea even though all my friends as cars were in the parking lot and.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, there are these cars in the parking lot. No, no, but they I was shocked, and they actually got some good photos and video of it. So a big thank you for everybody that came out to that. But no, you're right, Shannon, I had been surprised like that. Very often. There's two types of surprises, right there's the horror movie maybe a jump out scare that'll get you to squeeze your partner a little bit tighter. And there's like the genuine I did not expect this. What are you guys doing here? You live hours away? It really meant a lot, you know, when people show up for you like that. So big thank you for everybody did that. And I'm going to show up for Shannon the dude on his Derby part. Oh you are coming, you better believe it. Okay, bring the bell. Yeah, I'm not missing out on this that remains to be seen. I'll believe it when i'll see it.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, you don't believe me. It's kind of like me with Kentucky football. I believe it when I see it. I don't know that I'm on board for this upcoming season, but if they go out there and start pulling off some big wins, then you know, now I'm in Uh speaking of football. You know, the NFL Draft continued over the weekend. Billy Deon Walker was picked in the fourth round, one hundred and ninth overall, So he went to the Bills. And if you're a casual fan, you know of the NFL, and you don't really have a team, you might want to just adopt the Bills as your favorite team. You now got Ray Davis, you got Maxwell Harriston who was picked in the first round by the Bills. Now you've got Dion Walker going to the Bills. And Vince Merrill says he's the still of the draft. How about Dion going to the Bills.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, we've talked a lot about Dion in his NFL draft stock over the last year or two, and disappointingly, he's he kind of dropped a little bit, didn't have his best last year with Kentucky. But to find a landing spot like Buffalo is perfect. I mean it's perfect because I think Buffalo is a spot where they need some pass rushers, they need some big guys on the defensive line. So if he were to come in and produce, then he could find a starting role or maybe even a good role pretty early on. But you're exactly right, man. How awesome is that Ray Davis and Max Harriston showing love for each other and we add onto that Ad and Dion to that list. Absolutely, Kentucky fans becoming a part of Bill's mafia. And what a fan base to join, right, I mean, smashing tables and probably one of the more passionate, if not the most passionate fan base in the NFL. So it seems like a perfect match.
Speaker 1: In the last fifteen years, no other team in the NFL has has drafted more Cats than Buffalo, So we got is that right? Yeah, we got to going back to well, actually longer than that, going back to two thousand and eight, so the last seventeen years, no other team has picked more Cats than Buffalo.
Speaker 2: So well, while we're talking about the draft, let me shout out the Hilltoppers for a second. Shannon Western Kentucky became the only non Power conference program to have a player drafted with the first three rounds in each of the last four drafts, so the Hilltoppers could have done with Upton Stout getting drafted well.
Speaker 1: Of course, the big talk of the NFL draft over the weekend. I don't know if you followed it at all. Of course it's Shador Sanders who didn't get picked in the first round, Billy, thank you?
Speaker 2: So second ROUNDT didn't know? No? Second round?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, third round? Third third?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Uh no, fourth round no still not the fourth round.
Speaker 1: Finally got pre finally got picked by the Browns in the fifth round. And then there was a whole thing going on with him getting pranked. I don't know if you saw this or not. Did you see uh yeah, Shador Sanders getting pranked? You know, maybe a lesson in humility. We heard about all and again I don't like what's true and what's not, but we heard that. You know, Dion Sanders was saying, well, there's certain teams that he doesn't want his son going to. He only interviewed, apparently with the top five draft picks.
Speaker 2: Again, that's what was reported. Is that true or not? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there in the in the interview room with the sdor Sanders. But a guy that you know, a lot of people, especially mel Kiper, had him in the first round all the way down to the fifth round of the NFL draft, and man, his speaking of interviews, whatever interviews he did must have been absolutely horrible because he's not that bad of a quarterback.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I was going to ask you. What did he say in these interviews? I mean, was he completely unprepared? Did he just blow these teams off? You know, there's a lot of was that way?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's the vibe I'm getting from what I read.
Speaker 2: Well, look, there's a lot of baggage that comes with the draft pick of sder Sanders, right, I mean, he's he's one of the more valuable brands in college sports as an individual figure. So he's going to bring that to whatever team you have. You also have got pop that might call in and say you're not playing my son enough, or you're not doing this or that. So obviously there's some red flags and some warning signs. But I mean, fifth round mel Kiper was gonna bust a gasket. I mean, talking about Dion and Schadur and how the NFL evaluators have just gotten it wrong again and again and again. It really started getting crazy. When was it like Dylan Gabriel got drafted before Shade Sanders. By the way, the same team, the Cleveland Browns, they're gonna they drafted two quarterbacks in this draft. I mean, you had the Louisville guy go. I think he even had another guy go before shadur So, I think the sky was falling a little bit. But I wanted to ask you about the prank call.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we got we gotta talk about that. For anybody that didn't see it, let's let's just kind of explain what happened. So the Falcons defensive coordinator's son, all right, pulled up, pulled up shadors Uh like his cell phone that he was using. He was only using this this phone for community with GMS. So the Falcons defensive coordinator's son sees on an iPad that's that's unlocked Shador Sanders' phone number. You know, I guess he's you know, he's he's at home and dad's got the iPad open or whatever, and he's kind of just snooping through dad's iPad. He said, he sees Shador's Sanders number right there. So he saves that number for later on, puts it in his phone, and then decides to call up Shador Sanders and pretends to be the GM for the Saints and says, hey, we're gonna We're gonna pick you coming up next, and then before he hangs up, goes, well, actually you have to wait a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Hangs up.
Speaker 1: You see the video, by the way, that's the dumbest thing that he did. He had one of his buddies video the prank call. So now it's out and that has now leaked out. You can see that on Twitter, and Shaudor Sanders answers. He's like, what's that all about? He says, I gotta I gotta wait a little bit longer. I don't think he quite understood what was going on, but knew that something was a little weird. Then of course the Saints picks, uh forget who they picked. They picked a different player and that wasn't Shador Sanders. But now the prank is out, and now you know the kid's apologizing, and I mean, like this poor form. Like I love a prank call as much as anybody else, Okay, but to do that, to go to that level, to get into your dad's rolodex of numbers and then prank calls Shador Sanders and pretend that you're a GM for another team, poor form.
Speaker 2: Poor form, and poor execution. Shannon, I didn't think it was very funny. It wasn't. Yeah, I mean, he could have done it a lot better. You also had your buddy film in the whole time, which in turn, I think eventually got you in trouble. So I mean it was just everybody did a pretty terrible job with that and a pretty terrible thing to do. I mean, I made some stupid decisions when I was a kid. But you know this, like you said, Shadera is only using that phone to be in contact with GMS on these special days, Shannon, where you're trying to realize your your dreams coming to fruition and you're going you're in a vulnerable state right You're sliding in the draft right now, and and all eyes are on you and for you to get that call while you're live streaming, and then it ends up being a prank. I felt for sure, Durr. As much as we are making fun of him sliding and going to the Cleveland Browns and expecting to be a top five pick and being drafted in the fifth round, I couldn't help but feel for the human Shadar Sanders when I saw that, Shannon, But.
Speaker 1: It was just so bad, Like it was so poorly done. It could have been so much better, Shannon. You remember the prank calls that we had done, like the recorded ones that we talked about a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Get people. Yeah, I mean that would have been much better execution than what this kid did. But also he also apologized, Shannon. People were tagging me in the apology saying, Billy would never Jillie, our sports would never apologize.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think you would ever. I mean, okay, let's just play it out. Let's say your dad's the defensive coordinator for a team. Are you gonna you have the opportunity to get some of these players' numbers?
Speaker 2: You're not gonna do that to begin with?
Speaker 1: No, No, And somebody even said that on Twitter too, is like I would have the common sense never to make that call.
Speaker 2: Because if you're the Falcons, now what do you do?
Speaker 1: Like a lot of fans are calling for Jeff olbrichs is Olbrich or Obrick.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you say his name, Brick.
Speaker 1: I think Brick to be fire now because his son is an idiot and gets into his iPad and takes the number.
Speaker 2: But then as with an h actually but yes.
Speaker 1: But if you were the dad, though, I mean, do you have to assume some responsibility or do you feel like that you know you can safely leave your computer open at home without your boneheaded son coming in and taking numbers off the computer.
Speaker 2: No, I think this is just you scold your stupid son for doing that. I don't think the organization fires you or no longer gives you access to the iPad. I mean maybe you change the lot coach in it, or you don't leave it around as much, but I think it would be it'd be pretty drastic to see any punishment for the coach, the Falcons defensive coordinator for letting that happen. But no, look, Shannon, I mean I've got Mark Stoops's number right now. I mean I've got the roll of dex, the Black Book of doing the coaches shows over the years. I had Cal's number for a little while, but I didn't call him up and ask him about the chicken money at all, you know, So, I mean you got to you got to be a professional when you have information like that and obviously a stupid Was it an old miss fraternity student or was he in high school? Shannon, I don't know his age. I'm not sure I don't a bad move all the way around.
Speaker 1: One other piece of odd news before we get to the first break. Did you see that Mark Pope? No, I'm not talking about Mark Stoops. Mark Pope now has his first player to be drafted in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Did you see this story? Oh?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Who is Caleb? I think? Is is it?
Speaker 1: Loaner loner l ohn e R played basketball for Pope under at BYU and then also played football and was selected two hundred and forty first by the Broncos. So Mark Pope, Okay now has a former player to be drafted in the NFL. Kind of a quirky side story from the NFL Draft. We'll take your calls A five nine two, eight h twenty two to eighty seven at Shannon the Dude and old man Billy Rutledge, who's about to turn thirty later on this week.
Speaker 2: Aack just started hurting much more this week. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna be in studio with me Thursday too, right, Yeah, Thursday, we'll have some fun.
Speaker 2: I'll bring you a birthday cake. What kind of birthday cake do you like? I'm not like cheesecake. Maybe cheesecake that's not a birthday cake. Ice cream cakes pretty good too, right, okay, like a dairy queen ice cream cake.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, would be good. All right, consider it done. We'll take your phone calls. Coming up next to this the ksrpre Show. Well, Toby, Keith and Willie, you're on the KSR pre Show eight five, nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. One other thing I wanted to just quickly mention about the draft and we'll move on. The Packers picked up Jamon Dumas. Johnson ere the terms. So the Packers got a cat and there's a Packers fan. I'm happy about that. Have you been watching any of the NBA playoffs.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, Billy, Yeah, and the Cats are really showing out, Karl Anthony Towns hitting some big shots. Yep. There was that very cool game winner in what was that the Nuggets game? The one to ask you about that? Did you see that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a buzzer beater dunk. You don't ever see that dunk right at the end. And they headed out of the review and they said, well, it's good, but it was very close. I mean it came down to like the last split second one of the.
Speaker 2: Best air balls of all time. Yeah, by Jokic, and I posted the slow mo video of that that the NBA posted shortly after. It's very cool, and our friend big Cat at Barstool Sports, I think won ninety thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh really on that play on DraftKings. Yes, on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: Wow's right? Okay, Well, he bet on a game to end in a buzzer beater in the series, and I think a three thousand bet ended up paying like ninety three or ninety six k.
Speaker 1: And you can bet on the NBA Action DraftKings sportsbook promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets with the same game, parlays, live betting, player props, and so much more.
Speaker 2: It's all there for you on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours gambling problem called one EDE hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only OWEGIB, but restricts applyed NE customers only. Bonus bes expiired one under sixty eight hours after she was additional terms Responsible Gaming Resources DKJ dot co slash audio. I can't believe I just pulled that up off with no script in front of me. Scrap, I just realized that no script. I think I kept it to scream it right all right? While we're talking NBA, did you see this? This is from the weekend to the ending to the Knicks Pistons game at the end of game four. Did you happen to catch this?
Speaker 5: No? No?
Speaker 2: Okay okay.
Speaker 1: So the Knicks are up and there was a pretty obvious foul on the Knicks during a three point shot the last second, but they let it go.
Speaker 2: Shot was missed. Nicks win the game.
Speaker 1: After the game, the refs admit that there should have been a foul call there. So my question to you, Billy, let's say you're a fan of the Pistons. Does it make a difference to you that the refs acknowledge screwing up the game? Does it make you more mad? Do you care one way or another? I mean, they're not going to go back and replay the game. They're not going to give them the three point the three point shot of the free throws and declare you know Detroit the winner? So does it matter to you as a fan if after the fact, after the game's over, the refs admit to blowing a call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, us, I'm furious about it. But if the question is would I rather have them admit that, then yes, Because I am for transparency. I want to grill some of these refs after the game and get their thoughts on why they made some calls. Because while everybody's held accountable, it doesn't seem like officials are a lot of times. Why do not we get a press conference with them after maybe some tight calls or some interesting games. I don't know, but I would rather know and just be upset about it than just be ambiguous and be mad about a missed call. Shannon, Or do you feel the same way, or would you had rather not known?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean everybody screws up.
Speaker 1: Everybody makes mistakes, so everybody has those days, That's right. Yeah, So what I rather the refs just be completely arrogant or oblivious to the fact that they blew the game, or go back and watch it and admit, Okay, there was actual contact there that should have been a foul call. We screwed this one up. It's not going to change the outcome of the game, but I think at least it's good to see that they acknowledged that they screwed up. It makes me to me, it makes me feel a little bit but you still lost the game, right, But it makes me feel a little bit better that maybe they're gonna do better next game, or maybe not. Maybe they'll blow them blow the next call and say always screwed up again. But at least they're holding themselves accountable a little bit, and that's better than what we've seen for so many years and every other sport.
Speaker 2: So I liked it. They're at least acknowledging that, yes, admit when you're wrong. I think that would go a long way to people believing in the in the refs in the moment. But you know it is derby weak. No Steward's inquiries here. Shannon can't go back and replay the game after a foul is called or at a certain point, so you just got to kind of live with the result.
Speaker 1: Eight five nine two eight h twenty two eighty seven. That is the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. Billy, were you were you possibly in Georgetown this past weekend at a Clark's Pumping Shop?
Speaker 2: Is there any chance that you were?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, not me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I figured not because I figured if they were there and you were that person who won the one hundred and sixty seven million dollars from the lottery, you probably wouldn't be here today.
Speaker 2: But did you see this story? Somebody?
Speaker 1: Yes, at the Georgetown Clark's Pumping Shop where you pump your shop, you get your snacks, they sold a ticket or one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 2: Seven million dollar.
Speaker 1: Gosh, how crazy is that right here in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: It makes me want to play the lottery. I mean sometimes I go in there and get a scratch off for two Shannon, But I'm never playing the numbers. I'm never doing the power ball unless it gets to that billion mark and we all say it on the show and we all had to go out and get a ticket. But seeing stuff like this makes me think that maybe I'll go out there and start buying a lottery ticket. One hundred and sixty seven million dollars. What would you do with that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guarantee you, first of all, you wouldn't be here if you've won that over the weekend, right not today?
Speaker 2: No, I mean you had, you'd had to give me a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing if I were to win that, and I don't know, is Kentucky one of those states where you have to declare publicly who won, because I know some states you don't have to something you do. You may have to look that up and tell me. But let's say that I can remain anonymous and nobody had to know about it and it didn't leak out. I would be here today. I would be oh, yeah, I'd be in a really good mood. You'd be like, man, you must have had a really good weekend. But I, you know what, I enjoy doing this, and I think I would still be here now if it got out publicly. You couldn't come in and do a radio show because every call would be like, hey, man, I need some money, you give you some money?
Speaker 2: You want to donate to my charity? Do you want to?
Speaker 1: You know, it would just be out of control. It would be way too much of a distraction. But if I could, if I won the lottery, did it in complete, you know, completely anonymous, I'd still show up till it got out.
Speaker 2: Then I would be like, all right, I'm out of here. Yeah. There's a good movie that came out. I think it's called Lottery Ticket about this situation. But the whole neighborhood finds out that the guy had won the ticket, and so you know, he's getting all the ladies coming up being extra nice, Shannon. You got people threatening him. That's what I would be worried about, is people coming after me, Shannon. Somebody realizes I have a ticket for one hundred and sixty seven million, Well.
Speaker 1: First of all, and immediately like I'm not, there's no way that I'm going to hang on to that or put it in a safe. You know you've heard people that'll hang on to it and wait till the last No, there's no chance I'm doing that. I get the lottery. You're required to share your information. It looks okay, so I guess I'm out.
Speaker 2: Then you know, required to publicly reveal their identity in Kentucky. So there you go. Okay, Well they're not stay anonymous that I wouldn't be here. I'd be, but you can still know that you won and not tell anybody right before you turn in the ticket. It's not sure, but again a numbers.
Speaker 1: But as I just said, though, immediately just come in and you'd act normal. Yeah oh please, yeah, yeah, I mean I may take a little less of your crap. Oh because I'm a multi multi, multi millionaire, and I do know and I can drop you in a second. But uh no, I would think I would. I would still come on in.
Speaker 2: You know, well, you use the situation. We we love our jobs. We get to do something that can we really call work at times. I mean sometimes we can. Sometimes of the time we can't, because I mean it's a dream job. But for one hundred and sixty seven million, you may not see me for at least a week. I'm gonna get my lawyer involved. We're gonna get the money, and then I might come back to the show, Shannon. But I would be a wreck if I had just won one hundred and sixty seven million. I was in the studio right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, if I'm nine to twenty two eighty seven, let's talk to Frank. Hey, Frank, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 6: Shannon?
Speaker 7: Hey Man, good to hear you guys today. You and Billy I am two things excited about basketball season next year. Could we fast forward through football and he could just go directly to basketball would be great. Number two, Shannon, I went to Green Bay this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh, you were there for the draft? How was it? Man?
Speaker 7: Yeah. I'm a huge Packer fan.
Speaker 2: Go pack go.
Speaker 7: Oh it was it was incredible, the crowds. I didn't know if you caught play Matthews Bigune. I don't know if y'all talked about that.
Speaker 2: We played that last last Friday and that on the show Suck. Yeah, that was. That was one of the greatest troll jobs of all time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was epic. Not to make anything disgusting, but I did. We had the couple of guys went with me and we went and we was like, well, we need the bathroom at the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The lines were like fifty deep.
Speaker 1: Oh so what I guess you just had to you gotta go, You gotta go right all right?
Speaker 3: Man? It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta let you go. We're up up against the break. We'll take more of your phone calls. Coming up next eight five, nine, twenty two eighty seven. It's the KSR pre Show. Welcome back. It is the KSR Pre Show. Metallica entered Sandman. I saw that there's a horse running in the Derby called Sandman Billy. And look, I know nothing about horse racing. I know nothing about the Derby. I do know that that horse is in it, and I think I'm gonna put some money on Sandman just because of the name itself.
Speaker 2: I will acknowledge you.
Speaker 1: I'm like the little old lady in accounting and the like the march Madness office pool who like picks the teams that are gonna win off their mascots and ends up winning the whole office pool. That's me, Like, I'm just gonna pick Sandman just because it's called sand Man. I don't know anything about it. It could be the slowest horse out there. I don't know the odds. I'm going by the name alone.
Speaker 2: You and everybody and their mother are gonna be betting on Sandman because of this Metallica link. And I think Metallica has since seen that Sandman's in the derby and has sent a bunch of stuff and support. So yeah, I mean, okay, yeah, people are gonna rally around this for sure. It's a beautiful gray horse, and you know, unfortunately, you probably won't win a ton of money if that horse comes in because everybody's gonna be betting on them. But you know, we'll break down some of the horses. I'm sure this week.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be out there interviewing the jockeys, yep, jockeys, maybe a couple of trainers this time, So go get my credential and have a good time. There was supposed to get some good weather too, so sometimes you can experience every season during derby and so hopefully we'll avoid the rain. I did want to say one more NFL draft note. Shannon Louisville's quarterback Tyler Shao will be the last person ever drafted into the NF fell born in the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: So if ryel old, Wow, there's another stat for you, the last nineteen hundreds baby too.
Speaker 1: You know, when you start thinking about it and you talk to like, you know, a younger person who was born post two thousand, and you say I was born and like, you know, I was born in the nineteen eighties, it does.
Speaker 2: It's starting to sound.
Speaker 1: Now like it's prehistoric when you talk about something that was forty years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. If you ask you know, you know kids today and you say you were born in like nineteen nineties or anything like that, you're ancient. You are old.
Speaker 1: The oldest man out of the KSR family, Ryan LeMond, was looking about twenty years younger and about twenty pounds slimmer in that picture that was posted on Friday. If you listen to KSR, you know what we're talking about. And we retweeted that picture of Ryan in a suit that I am not so sure is his suit. I'm not so sure that's his body, it's his head, but I think that they photoshopped Ryan's head on a different body in that picture.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Billy, is that actually Ryan?
Speaker 1: Is that like a special slim suit that he's wearing, Like, what's going on in that picture?
Speaker 2: He also looks about a foot taller. I'm so glad we're talking about this. You know. Friday, this was brought up, and it was probably like the second to last segment or maybe the last segment of the show when we were when you guys were talking about this. I had actually snuck away and was at the gym, Shannon. I wasn't in the sauna yet, but I was mid workout when this started happening and I pulled up the photo. I could not stop laughing. I could not stop laughing at this photo of Ryan Lemon. And it was so funny because yes, like the day before Rachel Fike had asked me for a head shot of Ryan Lemon. We need a better photo of Ryan. That's the perfect head shot. So I asked him and he said, just google me. There should be a good shot that comes up. That shot did not come up on Google. So to my surprise, when I saw that on Friday, I immediately sent it in to Rachel to get it in as his new headshot. But I'm not convinced it's him, Shannon. I'm with the majority of the people here. I think it's the majority of people that think this is a right. It appears to be. Ryan swears though, that it's not.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, you know.
Speaker 1: And I just retweeted a side by side that keV Miller tweeted out a couple of days ago, so you can be the judge for yourself. That picture that I just retweeted. On the left side is Ryan at Drew's party. It looks like he just spilled about two or three alcoholic beverages all over his shirt.
Speaker 2: His shirt's soaking wet.
Speaker 1: On the right is professional Ryan, and it doesn't look like the same person to me. I don't know, like I want to believe. I guess I'll believe Ryan. Nudge nudge, wink wink. But I don't know, man, that something's not adding up with that picture. That does look very ai to me.
Speaker 2: You know, photoshop is a hell of a thing. Shannon and the Instagram models nowaday can do some magical things with photoshop, and it doesn't have to be a lot. It can just be touching it up a little bit, maybe added a couple curves when you need a little couple curves. It just feels this is probably a real photo of Ryan, but it was probably just touchdown. I was gonna say, yeah, hear me out on this. Is it possible?
Speaker 1: They took the picture and then they went back and they touched it up without Ryan's knowledge, And now Ryan believes that he actually looks like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, photo that is going to be in a magazine, right that like that, I think nine times out of ten, you're adjusting the lighting, You're adjusting many things in the photo. And why not, you know, maybe use a little tool on Ryan to make him look a little slimmer in that suit, to fit a little nicer.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying, like I went to the beach with Ryan a couple of weeks ago, he did not have that body at the beach two weeks ago. But who knows, man, Maybe maybe he did, like you know, two week fast and slimmed down for the picture.
Speaker 2: He did Lexington's secret from weight loss for a while. Maybe this could be the ringing endorsement that they.
Speaker 1: Need secret works really fast, visual proof of it working.
Speaker 2: Richard, what's up, Richard?
Speaker 5: Well, he made a joint special forces here lately and they have got him into shape. You don't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what Ryan does when here.
Speaker 5: I'm real tickled with the job Pope done this year. I thought the team played well. I still believe if Kerr and Robinson Hagen got hurt, we'd have been in the final four. My only concern going next year. And I don't know how it is in Likesington, but out here at rural Kentucky, a lot of people upset over Perry leaves. I just I mean a lot of people ticked off. I hope it don't make people angry or nothing, but a lot of people didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're taking the retort we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you think though, I mean Travis Perry left on his own accord, right, I don't think that Mark Pope forced him out the door. He did bring in other recruits, but that's going to happen. I mean again, I will say the same thing as with Kenny and with Cassidy Row. Your job as a coach is to bring in the best talent that you can bring in. Now, some people look at well, you're recruiting over Travis Perry, And I would say to those people, Okay, do you want Pope to purposely not go out and try to find better players than what he already has so that Travis Perry can play more minutes and maybe have a mediocre year, or do you want them to go out and get the best player that he can get, regardless of where they're from.
Speaker 2: Bring them in.
Speaker 1: And if Travis Perry sees the riding on the wall and says, well, you're recruiting over me, I don't know. At that pointed to me, it's on Travis Perry. Either you fight for the minutes and try not to be the thirteenth guy on the roster and try to get better, or you leave.
Speaker 2: And if you leave, don't get mad at Mark Pope. He didn't make you leave. You chose y, No, I'm glad you linked the Cassidy rowe situation to this, because these situations are not the same. I mean, if we believe the reporting, Kenny Brooks asked Cassidy Row to leave, he was not going to give her a scholarship. She is not playing college basketball anywhere else. She has entered her basketball career. Travis, you saw the interests interest in him immediately right Ole, Miss Louisville, Western, Kentucky, even Vandy. Some bigger names in the SEC look willing to spend a good amount of nil money to get Travis Perry. And look, I mean, if I'm a competitor like Travis, I want to play. I did the Kentucky thing, I got thrust it into some situations. I prove myself to a degree, and now that Pope has over recruited me to a bit or to a degree, I think there is some a competitor and a lot of people that want to go elsewhere and play. So I don't look at it as Mark Pope ran him out of town. And like you said, Jannon, he's just getting the best talent out there. I mean, you don't want to just have Travis Perry out there because he's a Kentucky kid. I think you do a disservice to the university doing recruiting kids like that. You want to get the best player out there. And while I love Trent Noah being a big part of it, I love that Malachi Moreno and another mister Kentucky basketball is going to play a part. But you know, just because he's a Kentucky kid doesn't mean that we should treat him any differently.
Speaker 1: Right, And I would say, if you're one of those fans that's mad about Travis Perry transferring, be mad at Travis Perry. Don't get mad at Mark Pope. I don't think Mark Pope chose for Travis Perry to transfer. Travis Perry chose that, So I don't know why fans would be upset unless you're directing your you know, your anger at Travis Perry, in which I don't know why you would do that either. If the kid wants to transfer and go somewhere else and have a better opportunity, so be it.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad about it, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's again, it goes it comes down to you do you want the best team or not. And I would think that we all count national titles here at Kentucky. That's what we want. That's the goal at the end of the season. Let's win a national title. Now, are you going to win that with guys that you know are from the state of Kentucky but necessarily aren't necessarily the best talent that's out there that's available.
Speaker 2: Probably not, do you, I mean, do you really think.
Speaker 1: That this is a national championship team with Travis Perry as your backup point as your point, backup guard, let's just say guard. We won't put up point guard or shooting guard. Oh, he's just a ready up guard in general. No, he's not ready for that. Maybe he develops into a player. Maybe his junior or senior year, we'd be much more comfort with him playing that role. But you know, obviously I think that we would all think that, you know, this is story like we would love that, right, Kentucky boy, you know starts and when's the national title?
Speaker 2: That's that's the perfect story.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, you either have the talent to be the best and start and get all the minutes or you don't. And it doesn't matter if you're from the state of Kentucky or not.
Speaker 2: That's just my take and I think most will support him no matter where he goes, unless it's Arkansas or Louisville. Shannon and I think it. Then you've got to ask yourself a question deep down if you're going to root for travisper Then it gets awkward. Then it comes back to once a cat, always a cat question, Mark Alan, what's up, Allen?
Speaker 8: Hey, I'm want to go back to the rhyme thing just a minute. Yeah, I'm a I listened to the podcast and and I was the funniest part of that whole deal was when you could tell the second that you look at the picture and you bust out laughing.
Speaker 3: I was on the Crown listening to you just fall out in the talking about that whole thing, and Ryan trying to defend itself. Yeah, great radio. And that's why k SR is number one.
Speaker 2: Well I was.
Speaker 1: I was the last one to see it. I was the last one to sit because they were all there together. And I said, true, or somebody tweet that picture out, send that picture, and then so you know, you got my reaction a few seconds later, and it was clear that that was not Ryan or if it was.
Speaker 2: Immediate, it's like, I need to see this picture and then when he does no, that's not you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, it's sort of you, it's a form of you, but it's not I don't think it's one hundred percent Ryan speaking to you. You watched any of that, Yeah, I have, I have. I'm on episode four. I haven't done all right, So no spoilers, but I will say it's already better than last season when he was in England or whatever.
Speaker 2: That was just weird. I don't they could have just done away with that entire season.
Speaker 1: But it's back in New York where it all started, and and it's it's, like I said, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's over the top.
Speaker 1: It's hard to believe some of the stuff that happens already through three episodes.
Speaker 2: But I will say it's good. It's got me hooked.
Speaker 1: I've got I guess what, six more episodes to watch, and you got to get on board so we can talk about.
Speaker 2: This, Okay, I will, Yeah, I'm sure the fiance will get will start the first episode. Then we'll have to watch all of them. But there are no spoilers things you no, I won't.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're like an hour long, so we're talking about ten hours of a show. And I don't know about you, but I can barely set through sit through an hour and a half movie. So I have to kind of watch one episode, go do something else, come back a couple of hours later. Watch some of these people that can sit down on a weekend and watch ten episodes of an hour long show.
Speaker 2: And I'm going I cannot do that. But shit, and you're an eighties baby, right, like you've got an attention stand still. Yeah, from how many.
Speaker 1: TikTok videos are you watching? You can't get through a two hour movie anymore.
Speaker 2: Struggle is a struggle. I mean, I feel you, but I'm also a little younger and I grew up with a cell phone in my hand. Yeah, I'm filming people during traumatic events. We've already talked about that, right, So I.
Speaker 1: Mean, let's set a goal by like Friday, because well, Friday will be oak, so it's a busy week. Yeah, Okay, let's say about next week we get through. You want to try to get through the whole thing by next month? I do that, talk about it next Monday. We can make that happen, all right, pre show, talk about it? Hey five, nine, two eight, twenty two eighty seven we'll go back to the phones and take your calls up next here on the KSR pre Show. Final segment of the KSR pre Show. And this segment is brought to you by the book I Am Hope, which was written by Stephen Hope from right here in Kentucky, from Henderson County, and I've told you about it before. You can check it out on Apple on an Amazon as well. It's called I Am Hope, Growing Up with an Addict. It's a powerful true story from Stephen Hope and the book is a real resource to help break the cycle of addiction and we know how hard addict and to hit the Bluegrass state. You can find it, like I said, on Apple and on Amazon as well.
Speaker 2: There's even an.
Speaker 1: Audio book that comes with exclusive bonus material. I Am Hope, a Kentucky story with a purpose. Give it a give it a read, or give it a listen if you get the audio book. Eight five nine two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Billy Kentucky Baseball with a big series win over South Carolina over the weekend.
Speaker 2: They're rolling, man.
Speaker 1: They are I believe like a two, maybe a three projected seed for the NCAA Tournament.
Speaker 2: Coming up, so men just get them rolling. Yeah, doubleheader on Saturday. They took one there and then won the final game on Sunday, Ben Cleaver saying it was a little personal for him after he watched South Carolina celebrate on their field Saturday, so he had a great outing on Sunday. And now I think they play in nationally ranked Western Kentucky on Tuesdays? Is that right? Western guitar bring ranked in baseball. That's right. They're having a great year. So they're playing at Western on Tuesdays. It'll be a good game.
Speaker 1: So the top twenty five is basically every SEC school Western Kentucky then a handful of it. That's about right, all right for the SEC and short I'm sure it was what I'm listening to all the games, weren't you, John Hey.
Speaker 6: Johnny, Yes, yes, I'm right here all great Americans. Yes, A listened games. I listened to the listen to softball game. Yes, at the same time, listen to the baseball game.
Speaker 2: Did you listen to the doubleheader all eighteen innings? That's a lot of it's a lot of listening.
Speaker 6: Yes, I did.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you think that the pre show was on for eighteen hours a day you would listen to us.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, John, what do you got today?
Speaker 6: Was Gray Willimhammer and South Carolina?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 6: Not good game? We lost the MISSI stating softball five thousand.
Speaker 3: That was not good at all.
Speaker 1: No, no, But you can't win them all, John, I know you like to predict Kentucky to win everything, but you know you can't.
Speaker 2: You win some, you lose some.
Speaker 6: I know we're gonna be West Kentucky. About five megans that's coming teesday night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah about that, Billy, I wouldn't say five, John, I think it's gonna be a little closer than that.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah. And then early you played a song. What it is were horse knowing there? My favorite horse song is Molly and Timbrooks. No Bill mon Roe something, Oh yeah, the same bro he that song that too, but Bill Roe things it better.
Speaker 3: Bill Monroe, Mally and Timbrooks.
Speaker 1: Molly and Tim Brooks. All right, I'll look that up and I'll try to work that into the show tomorrow just for you, John.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hey, okay, you thank you.
Speaker 2: Peace out, Homie.
Speaker 1: I got him to say it now. You were telling me on Facebook we've got one more caller here. We've got the gauntlet of callers today. You were telling me that Kentucky Joe was poking you on Facebook, and I said, I don't think you can still poke somebody on Facebook? And you said that Kentucky Joe pokes you on Facebook on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: I'd have to look it up to see how recent it was. It was just two days ago. Kentucky Joe pokes me. He's the only person on Facebook that pokes me, Like you would always get poked by somebody. It's kind of like your way of flirting with somebody when well, he does it often.
Speaker 1: Like I'm twenty one hours ago I got to poke the poke on fentuch book, Like, why are you poking me?
Speaker 2: If you have something to say, just send me a message, don't poke me? Like yes, what is it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Who just goes up and pokes people?
Speaker 1: But I didn't Again, I didn't know that you could still do that on Is it possible that Joe has some sort of like outdated version of Facebook that it still has the pick.
Speaker 2: It's possible he just never updated it.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 2: Why are you are you poking Billy every day?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 4: I just it's something I like to do. He needs that, so he's a good Yeah.
Speaker 1: You just like the poke people. Okay, you could do that on Facebook, but don't do that in real life. Don't go up and just start poking people.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no no no no, I could get in trouble.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, Sanska take you. Joe got his Derby picks and he also has a song too.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, Okay, if we can go quick, I will accept a Derby Week song and your pick.
Speaker 2: All right, who's your pick?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: I've got all four horses. Journalism eight nine sixteen ten. That's eight journalism, got Burnham, Square Colebattle than Grande for your fourth okay, perfect?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: You know Billy Joe once retired U t big here and then he came out of retirement like the day the next day.
Speaker 2: But you know, Joe's Joe's pretty good on this. I gotta Joe eight nine sixteen ten. All right, Jo, I'll give.
Speaker 4: You like thirty it's going to pay you.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, all right, listen, all right, yeah, enough of that. I'm ready for I'm ready for your song. I've got like thirty seconds, so can you give me.
Speaker 3: The do this quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, get to the.
Speaker 6: Run now.
Speaker 4: Roll that journals on ray.
Speaker 3: Place to row.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, Joe, all right much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Thanks for the call, Joe, and we'll be following your Derby picks. I don't think I understood a word he said. He it was understand less and less.
Speaker 2: I heard song he does.
Speaker 1: I heard the word journalism, and I didn't understand anything else that he said.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like listening to a.
Speaker 1: Really well, I don't want to say bad. It was kind of like listening to a parole jam song. You don't know what he's saying, but you're kind of like you kind of I can yeah, I clap, I can.
Speaker 2: Get a little bit of that. But well, he got his pick, so we'll that's try it in Derby week?
Speaker 7: Is here?
Speaker 1: Who will rise above the rest of the crowd King of the track? You can find out on the DK horse app, the number one download it horse betting app DK horse app. You opt in bet five dollars and pick your your Derby horse to win, and if your pick crosses the finish line first, you win a share of one million dollars.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 1: Billy get it on DK horse promo code KSR. If you have a gambling problem wanting a hundred gambler Eligiblity restricts apply, void worill prohibit it. Opt in required, must win to share one million dollars cash rewarded via click to claim. Expires in thirty days, Ends May third. Terms of dk horse dot com slash offer slash details. That's it for the pre show KSRS.
Speaker 2: Next see it