Speaker 1: Check it down, man, and I'm just told the story the allays.
Speaker 2: It's one of those idiots will believe in analytics. This is a numbers game with Gil, Alexander and Gone vis in.
Speaker 1: Good Monday morning to you.
Speaker 3: It is a numbers game at Visa these sports betting network, Visa dot Com, Game plus, iHeartRadio, YouTube TV and of course Serious XM Channel one eight. It's Skill Alexander Kelly bibling alongside. This is a numbers game at Visa, these sports betting network on a glorious Monday here at Circa Resort Casino, downtown Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Good morning to you, sir. Oh good weekend. Did you enjoy the weekend?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 1: Did I?
Speaker 3: By the way, uh, there is a national Championship of college football tonight. Let's say that off the top. Tim Murray will be here to discuss, as will Wes Reynolds a little later on the show. If you are new to this, if you're listening to series x M one fifty eight for the first time and like, hey, what's.
Speaker 1: This all about us?
Speaker 3: We usually do something on Mondays called guessing lines. During the regular season, I am in a cocoon. I guess the lines of the upcoming week's NFL games, Kelly tells me what they are, and within that exercise we try to extract some value. We don't do that in the playoffs as much, but I'll tell you what the guesses were. I don't think there's going to be much difference here, if any, heading into this week. But what we do in the process is we recap everything that happened in the past weekend. And as a lifelong Washington fan, oh is this a weekend? Can I just start off a show with a couple of tweets? I don't usually start off with shirts, but I just wanted to give a couple from this morning plus underscore money. Can't believe I'm about to stomach this episode of a numbers game. Bobby Getty's getting prepped for the most highed episode of a numbers game since the mid nineties. Let's go you remember that episode. Here we go. Let's start with the chronological order. Let's go guessing lines Championship.
Speaker 5: Round right, this week of guessing lives, I mean, we're not even.
Speaker 1: I don't think we extend this to this supers.
Speaker 3: Now the Sun Belt Cousins Championship Guessing Line show.
Speaker 1: No, No, that we're not doing that.
Speaker 6: It's kind of funny because some of these things Gil and I have just gotten used to it. We don't even really fully discussed.
Speaker 1: But I was like that one. I actually don't remember how far we take this. All right, NFC Championship game.
Speaker 6: We've got the Commanders at the Eagles.
Speaker 1: This is three ish Eastern time on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Let me.
Speaker 1: Just turn up that music a little bit. Guy, you know the words kelly. Oh yeah, all right, hold, I want to second. I want to wait for fight. Okay, now we'll bust.
Speaker 3: So here's here's what happens on Saturday. Washington goes into Detroit. Detroit is a big favorite in this ball game. And uh, even those of us who love the Washington football team, I said, you know, I was on the positive side where I was like, well, listen, I don't think they're gonna get blow out. I said, I think they'll comport themselves. Well, I think they probably lose a close football game, maybe one score game, maybe by a touchdown. There's none of us who thought and I said, all year, look there, they'll get to the playoffs. They win one game at most. Now, the one thing I did do is bet that money line, which Rufus and Fezik recommended on Friday. So that worked out Washington forty five Detroit thirty one, the widest margin of any of the games this weekend. Let us begin Washington first time with the ball after Detroit three and out, third and fourteen, Jayden a crowder for thirteen and a half while we watched an AT and T commercial on half the screen. Do you remember that play where the broadcast was still showing the AT and T commercial, Like, what are we doing? Let's get better? Fourth and one of the Detroit twenty eight in motion, Mariota goes under center. It looks like he wanted to pitch it back to Jayden, but he's wrapped up by al Kadeen Muhammad for a one yard loss. Brian Robinson looked like he was trying to push Mariota didn't know it was a pitch play, and Washington fails to convert the fourth and as a Washington fan or Washington backer, you're probably like, oh, so this is the game where it doesn't work out.
Speaker 1: Here's the game for it all comes back?
Speaker 3: Not so fast, my friend. Detroit, though, does take the ball, then six play seventy one yards gives in from one, it's seven and nothing Detroit.
Speaker 1: Halfway through the first quarter. You're like, okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Gonzalez's a forty seven yard field goal to kind of to seven to three. Then Detroit first of all, before we even get Detroit's next possession. Then Fox decides to lean into the Brady conflict of interest with Kevin Burkhart. Did you catch this where they asked point blank Brady to evaluate Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn right there on the spot as a two shot in the broadcast because I was like, Oh, that's how Fox is.
Speaker 1: Taking on sort of a conflict of interest. Yeah, that sounds like how things should be done.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's the first thing that happens that goes wrong for Detroit. Lions matriculate third and one at the Washington seventeen. Dorn's Armstrong hits golf fumbles recovered by Frankie Lovo, and the Skins dodge a bullet. Washington then goes eleven play seventy eight yards five minutes, fourth and three at the Detroit nine. In that drive, by the way, this time back to the old fourth down no problem to Ertz for seven Three plays later, a PI and the end zone on mcclor in. Two plays after that, Robinson in from two ten to seven DC Skins ten fifty five left in the second quarter. On the play, though, Sam Cosmy tears as acl, which we later found out not good. Moving forward for Washington against Philly, Detroit then goes seven play seventy yards Goff to Laporter from two out. What an amazing one handed diving catch left handed, fourteen to ten Lions, seven forty four left in the second quarter. By the way, this point the game, the Lions had nine point zero yards per play.
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 3: But then Washington does Washington things. Three play seventy yards Jaden to the incomparable Terry McLaurin for fifty eight mostly yak seventeen to fourteen. Washington was six twenty three left in the second quarter. Or as Tom Brady described it on the TELECASTE No.
Speaker 2: I want you to see it's a numbers game.
Speaker 3: That's how he described it on the telecast. What he meant was Brian Branch came on the blitz. Washington ended up with three receivers on the left side against only two defenders bo Zicaus and Dimmi Brown. Make their blocks and McLaurin shoots through the hole and then out runs the defenders to the house.
Speaker 6: God bless our whole audience. This is the one game I was out for. It didn't so I wasn't hearing Gil and.
Speaker 1: Just the phone. Uh buzz buzz buz buz buzz visited.
Speaker 3: The copperbal terrymccoy seventeen fourteen Skins six twenty three left in the second quarter. By the way, Chrisy andrews my mich Boochka texts me at this point and he says, how are you feeling right now? I go, I'm hyperventilating. He goes, Relax, Relax, He goes, there's a long way to go.
Speaker 1: Right. Does he text me that? Right? Does he text me that?
Speaker 3: Second play for Detroit second and fourteen at their own eighteen golf airmails and ten receiver Kwan Martin pick forty yards of the hissy. Frankie Luvu, by the way, lights up golf on the return touchdown twenty.
Speaker 1: Four to fourteen.
Speaker 3: Washington I sent back a text to Christy, I'm like you sure it's not over yet? Five twenty five second quartern. He sends back Holy Shnikey's, but he didn't say Shnikeys. Five twenty five left in the second quarter. It's twenty four to fourteen Washington. And yes, that was an illegal play by Louvu Jared Goff. Do you think he was affected by that the rest of the game.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 3: Detroit now with Bridgewater intemporarily, they're like, well, watch what we could do. Third play reverse to Jameson Williams sixty one yards to the house, twenty four to twenty one, Washington four to oh one left in the second quarter. Washington now thinking about a double dip. They score, but it's too easy. Fourth played Jaydon to Diami for thirty eight where his eyes are covered. He still catches it. Double dip unlikely now because they're scoring so quickly. Three plays later, third and goald Jayden to Ertz from five out, touchdown thirty one to twenty one, Washington one forty six left the second quarter. Golf back in Lions matriculate first ten at the Washington twenty nine before the end of the half. Golf picked in the end zone by Mike Sandristill rookie Mike Sanders still out of Michigan and Washington goes to the locker room, up ten three twelve to three oh nine in total yards of ever Washington at the half, but LUs three in turnovers, which led to fourteen Washington points. You might even you might even suggest that it was more than that, because Detroit was matriculating on one of theirs. By the way, if you went under ten and a half points in the first quarter, you cashed. And then the highest scoring quarter in the history of the NFL postseason followed forty two points, the first six hundred yard first half since the first half of the Eagles Patriots Super Bowl Super Bowl fifty two WOW. Second half after a Washington punt, Detroit punts, but Dante Fowler ruled to have tugged on David Montgomery's face mask, he did not extends the drive, eventually pitched Montgomery shovel to Saint Brown for twenty two plays later gibs in for eight thirty one to twenty eight. Washington was six fifty seven left in the third quarter, and at this point, if you're a Washington fan or a Washington backer, you're like, I cannot believe they're gonna lose on that face mask, on that phantom face mask. Kevin Burkhart points out, though now it's even right the Frankie Louvu hit on golf and then the phantom face mass, so we're even on that, all right. Thirty one twenty eight is the score Washington, though at this point fifteen plays, seventy yards, eight minutes and twenty eight seconds. They always respond, and you know what they always do, fourth and two at the Detroit sixteen Jaden for three, then four plays later, fourth and two at the four, Brady shouting from on the in the broadcast.
Speaker 1: Booth for the Lions to call time out. They don't.
Speaker 3: Twelve men on the field, automatic first and goal at the two. Two plays later Robinson from one thirty eight to twenty eight. Washington with thirteen twenty nine left, Detroit first intet their own forty six. Detroit gets cute again. This time though they pitch it go to Saint Brown. He pitches it to Jamison Williams. You can tell watching it live, no one's open. He still throws it picked by Sandra still again, and this is when you're like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we win in this thing. Twelve oh four left.
Speaker 6: Every time you want to love one of those plays, Gil It's always the wide.
Speaker 1: Receiver pass option. They're gonna throw it eighty time, eat it or throw it out of bounds.
Speaker 3: Man first play Washington Eckler for thirty five to start. Then another fourth and two with the Detroit thirteen after Jayden threw it behind McLaurin on third down, this time eleven to the incomparable Terry McLaurin. First and goal at the one McNichols in forty five twenty eight. Halfway through the fourth quarter of the Skids are up seventeen. Detroit huddling up down seventeen. Baits field goal forty five to thirty one with five minutes left, and then the lines due declare the allsot kick, but Ertz recovers third and five at their own forty five. Detroit down to two timeouts, Jaden to John Baits for twenty. Detroit uses their second and third. After the next two plays third and six of the Detroit thirty one. With three thirteen left, fourth and one by the way for Washington, they decide, okay, well, let's just go up three scores again. Let's give Gazalez the forty four yard field goal wide left with two twenty six left. Remember it's a fourteen point game, but you know how it ends. Detroit matriculates and eventually third and tent the Washington seventeen golf picked by Jeremy Chin ballgame and the Washington Commodores. I call them that beat the Detroit Lions, the number one seed forty five I thirty one in a game. And this was the theme of the weekend, where the losing team out gained the winning team, in this case five twenty one to four eighty one. Wow, over one thousand yards of offense. But the Lions were minus five and turnovers, which led directly to twenty one, a plus twenty one margin for Washington. What do we say about the NBA? If you can just show us the box score of the three point statistics, I can pretty much tell you who won and lost every NBA game ninety percent of the time. In the NFL, what's that column, the turnover column? Minus five and turnovers. I don't care if you're the Detroit Lions, You're not beating the magic Man, Jayden Daniels and the Washington Commanders. Congratulations to the Skins. Congratulations to the fan base that for a quarter of a century was held hostage. By a horrible human being. We'll get into more of this guessing lines right here in a numbers game at Visa These Sports Betting Network.
Speaker 2: Numbers game on v SID These Sports Vetting.
Speaker 3: Network stop making smarter at bets today with a Vison Pro subscription. Side up now, save twenty five percent off an annual subscription with promo code a n G. Dominate football playoffs and beyond with INSIGDN. Access to our daily best bets from top analysts to help you cash in on the conference championships. Exclusive betting splits and DraftKings at Circus Sportsbooks to uncover where the smart money's going. Twenty four to seven access to our live video stream and on demand show replaces, and all of our upcoming betting guide, super Bowl, March Madness, all of them year round strategies for every major sport. Do miss out on this limited time offer. Sign up now at Visa dot com slash subscribe. Use promo code ANNG to save twenty five percent off. Pardon me off of Visa Pro annual subscription today. That's VSI n dot com slash subscribe. Was that promo code again?
Speaker 1: Ang is an eight numbers game? Sorry about that? I was like, wow, you go figure le just go right through it.
Speaker 3: I hope the voice last for two out. Sorry everybody, just for allowing me that segment.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. You'll had a wild Saturday night. So let me just say this. By the way, I'm exhausted.
Speaker 6: Five football truck has run over me and I love it. I was dead sleep I think forty five minutes after that game last night.
Speaker 3: I was exhausted. Well, because then there's tennis late night. By the way, the tennis pick coming up on the show later too, for the Australian Open. Let's just go back to this game, Washington Detroit, Washington forty five points, most ever for a Washington road postseason game. Detroit the first in history to lose a playoff game. With three hundred passing yards and two hundred rushing yards, Jayden Daniels first rookie quarterback in NFL history to have three hundred total yards and two postseason games. He becomes the sixth ever rookie quarterback to make a championship game. The other five Sean King in nineteen ninety nine, Ben Roethelsberger two thousand and four, Joe Flacco two thousand and eight with the Ravens, Mark Sanchez two thousand and nine with the Jettisons, and then brock Purty a couple of years ago with the Niners. You know what the differences. These are the defensive ranks for all of those previous five Rookie Conference quarterbacks in the case of Sean King and the Bucks in ninety nine, third in the case of Big Ben and the Steelers in two thousand and four. First, these are the defensive rankings in the case of Joe Flacco and the Ravens in two thousand and eight, third, the Sanchiz and the Jets in two thousand and nine, third, and brock Purty two years ago. First, Jayden Daniels and the Washington Taco Holders eighteenth.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's the that listsual is usually the perfect example of what we're talking about with the quarterbacks when you so often bring up you're in the best situation to win in the NFL if you have a Hall of Fame quarterback quarterback on a rookie deal, right, what happens so often with all those teams they're stacked around these guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody's been talking about that with Washington this year, nobody Well, I have on the megapod.
Speaker 3: Todd has been constantly saying how bad their defense is, how bad their defense, and and I keep telling them, I'm like, you have their defense all wrong. They are a solid middling defense with really good We'll get to that moment.
Speaker 6: You have the defenses and weapons around him though for pretty rothless burgers.
Speaker 3: And its not even the apples and oranges, apples and mangoes. Really, it's completely different. Washington, by the way, snaps the longest championship game drought in the NFL. It had been thirty three years. And believe me, I remember every day of those thirty three years. Since Washington has been in a championship game. Dallas Cowboys, you're now on the clock in the NFC. The only team that now has a that has you know, that has the longest drought now in the NFC.
Speaker 1: That's wild. Now moves that every team has been there since the since the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: That's right, since the Cowboys have, as Mitch Goldish says, with Washington's win, every single other NFC team has been to the NFC title game more recently than the Dallas Cowboys. By the way, the greatest Jayden Daniels stat of them all more games with no punts and no turnovers? What have I said all year? It's really tough to beat a football team when they don't punt and they don't turn the ball over. It's kind of simple football math. Jayden Daniels has more games with no punts and no turnovers than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, and Patrick Mahomes have had in their entire careers combined. Let that merit it. Of course, there's another side to this. Dan Campbell, head coach of the Detroit Lions, after the game.
Speaker 4: And you lose these games, man, just like the players, you know what they put into it. A lot of people don't know, you know what they go through. They have to get up, bodies, beat, you know, mentally, sty locked in and do those things. So long season, small fault, Small fault.
Speaker 3: Dan Campbell, Dan Campbell, uh taking it upon himself saying it's my fault. Obviously it's not only his fault. You know, there's no there's no there's no finger pointing. The Lions were great this year. Let me just ask you a couple of questions. One to football guy cries, Yeah, well that that for sure.
Speaker 1: What fan base.
Speaker 3: Let's take betting out of it for a second. What fan base is more disappointed today? The Lions are the Ravens. It's different reasons, right, and the betting reaction will be like, oh, well, the Lions were bigger favorites and the Ravens were barely a favorite.
Speaker 1: Not talking about that.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the Ravens fan base for always getting to this level and not getting there, or the Lions for having this fifteen and two football team where they just this is the Lions have never been to a super Bowl.
Speaker 1: This is the year. This was their year. They were gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Two home games, this was what it was gonna be, and they get beat convincingly at home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna go with Lions probably, And I don't know that it's all that close to me, just because I think there's a sense of from a fan base perspective of I mean, you'd hate to say this. I think it's even worse, but you kind of get used to it a little bit with Baltimore, right, and this.
Speaker 1: Is Detroit, this was your year.
Speaker 6: Kind of all right, there's like kind of like you're talking about this was the year, the passing to open up.
Speaker 3: Let me extend it one further. Sorry to break you around, let me extend it one further. What number could we have gotten, Say, let's pick a week, week twelve for the entire NFC North to not win a single playoff game. And I'm talking about obviously the Lions, the Vikings, and the Packers.
Speaker 1: No one thought the Bears were gonna win one.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying of those three teams now, now, the mathematical response would be, oh, don't you just parlay the money lines against them from this week?
Speaker 1: And my response to that is.
Speaker 3: No, because then you probably thought that Green Bay would be a higher seed, Minnesota would probably be a bigger favorite in their game, right, So.
Speaker 1: It's just making the playoffs to those percentages.
Speaker 3: But it's just I mean, getting to the point. I mean, it's just incredible. The NFC North is gone year where they had three great teams or at least two great teams regular season wise, and I would I would argue two and a half great one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, me too, me too, I know, Dave Ross, Mark Dominic, we're talking about this before us too. But it's just the you know NFC North, that the NFC North in the NFC East. I mean, if you if we were sitting here preseason and said two teams from the NFC East got to the conference championship game and one of them wasn't.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I mean, I have a feeling we'd probably land on these two, but we'd be shocked by it.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I promise after this sevent we'll move on to the other games. But I do want to say one thing. I you know, I do this show. It's a national show every day, So I resist the urge to do DC sports talk radio every day because obviously, you know, one of the things when we got when I got to VS, I'm like, why is everybody talking about the Mountain West? Don't they know that this is a national station, right? Everybody's talking about local Vegas things. But I would give me three minutes on Washington, give me two minutes on this because what has happened here should be the blueprint, should be what every NFL team aspires to be. And I know the very simple thing as well. Yeah, but not every team could draft Jade and Daniels. Hear me out, you and I could have drafted jayde and Daniels right in fact, on this show, I was screaming for them, please draft Jayden Daniels, Please draft Jade and Daniels number two, right after we knew the Bears were taking Caleb, because if you watch college football, you know how good Jane Daniels is. Now could anybody have known just how amazing is rookie season was going to be?
Speaker 1: No, of course not.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is Adam Peters deserves all the credit beyond just picking Jade and Daniels number two. The first thing, Kelly I want to say is how can you create team chemistry quicker than anything else? My answer would be get rid of a preview administration's number one picks if they're not performing. So just think about that. Emmanuel Forbes, who remember on this show when Washington drafted him. I made the joke New England couldn't wait for us to finish the word Forbes before they were like Christian Gonzales. The whole rationale was, oh, he makes turnovers, Mississippi State, we need turnovers. Let's let's draft Emanuel Force gone. John Dotson traded to a division rival. Who knows, maybe we'll going to play him the NFC Championship. He's an Eagle. Jamin Davis gone, he's a jet, Chase Young gone, He's a Saint. I know Montes Sweat is one of these two. Montes Sweat is a good ballplayer. But that was a financial one. But Young Davis Dotson forbes goodbye. And then the free agents he picked up right Eckler and Mariota on offense as a backup it Zachaius and Ertz on the offensive line nowt like Gredy and Biatis McNichols. The defense is filled with free agents nobody else wanted. Who are starting Wagner, Fowl or Armstrong loofu Chin. I would argue Frankie louvh is one of the great free agent pickups in the NFL this year. Nobody wanted these guys. Adam Peters, what he did here with this team is unbelievable. He also drafted well, of course, beyond Daniels, with san Rastril, with Coleman on the offensive line, Luke, McCaffrey and Newton contributors as well. The other thing he did that we don't often talk about because we're a number show, but he also drafted guys where you have a team now or not drafted guys, but also draft but also picked up his free agents and created a team of character, which is this very nebulous word. But Bobby Wagner, Austin Eckler, you just listen to these guys talk and just what an atmosphere they created in the locker room. Obviously, Terry McLaurin all holdover from the previous ad mystery. It is such an easy team to like for all of those reasons. Adam Peters, what a job he has done in Washington. We'll get to the other game's next numbers game right here at Visa.
Speaker 2: Numbers Gamework.
Speaker 3: Ready to take your tailgate to a whole another level, You gotta try Sools Barbecue. Born from a backyard cookout in a mason jar of unforgettable flavor, Soules has become a Southern favorite, delighting taste buds from Georgia to the Carolinas, from smoky ribs at Mouthwater and Winks to the perfect backyard burger. Soules turns every bite into a flavor packed experience. Order now at Sooles Barbecue Sauce dot com. That's s E W E L L s BBQ.
Speaker 1: Wait for it.
Speaker 3: Kelly s a u Ce dot com Wait to go flavor this good is just a click away. We get tweets and beating the book always appreciated. Hey, Joe Pete has tweeted this morning. Joe Pete to our mutual VS and friends, please respect that the friendship between.
Speaker 1: Me and Gil is on a one week hiatus.
Speaker 3: Gill a rab a rabid lifelong Washington fan and me below with coach Buddy Ryan, former Eagles kicker one for one on an extra point as a non roster camp INVITEY will sum it in one week. Yes, Joe and I cannot talk. We were texting yesterday and I was like, Hey, you know, we're playing the NFC Jamich. He goes, yeah, I'm I'm apoinding the subject. We can't talk about it. This is from Game and the membrane in Game and a membrane. Congrats Gill. With the lines being so tight during the NFL Division Championship rouns, Division and Championship rowns, I'm surprised no one on the network at least brings up the option about teasing games all four ways this week. Teasing all four games all four ways would have netted you six units, by the way, that is allowed for those wondering, you are perfectly allowed to do that to tease the same game two ways if you want, it's allowed. Johnny Van usually surprises some people. Johnny Vegas, being a lifelong Browns fan, I know what it's like to be awful most of the time. Once in a while, your team shocks the world. I know how you're feeling. To Dan, it's awesome. I also bet Daniel's offensive Rookie of the year six to one preseason Go Commanders, he says, kind of crazy tuning in on SERIOUSXM and can't wait to hear this recap of the Taco Holders game. Hope we've met your expectations. Ice called gambler. I'm suggesting that if the commodes, by the way, we don't call him that anymore, go to the Super Bowl. Gil needs to tell us his sushi spots so we can all join him and pay his tab that night. Let's go, Commodes, he says, no work, Commodes. Brian Shaeffer don't care what anyone says. Barkley is the NFL MVP this year, and to be honest, Jayden Daniels not that far behind. Barkley would have beaten the record with about forty fewer carries than Dickerson. Take Barkley off the team and the Eagles of the Niners MVP. Take Barkley off the team and the Eagles are the Niners MVP. Sure, what do you mean the Niners MVP. I don't get that last part. Jamie Buckolt, those that had Gil being insufferable at even money on a numbers game this morning, cash happy.
Speaker 1: For you, Gil, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And Frankie Vegas Frank from Buffalo walk over t shirts, Happy for you on your washing and win. Love to see a rematch of nineteen ninety two Super Bowl. I was there too. I'm rooting for the Commanders next week. Hope you'll root for my Bills. Let's make it happen. Enjoy listening every day. Thank you, Frankie and Shooter mcgambling.
Speaker 1: Gil.
Speaker 3: Should Barkley have went down instead of scoring on that long run. I was watching the game with ramsbackers, and I thought in the moment that it was a good thing for them that he scored. There was about four to forty left. What do you think the optimal play was? I did not have a problem with him scoring at that time. I really didn't I didn't even think about it. I did not have it, and finally New York me s sixteen.
Speaker 1: Gil.
Speaker 3: This is why a numbers game is the best. Recapping your beloved Skins. You are still down the middle, acknowledging lou vuzi legal hit and agreeing with Kevin Burkhart that after the phantom face mask, it's kind of even now. Great job as always about those Eagles, because Washington's reward is, oh, you get to play the Eagles for a third time and head to Philly. Oh boy, Eagles take down the Los Angeles Rams, who for me again were the sneaky freaky brothers sneaking in from the rear. I thought the Rams were the team that scared me. By the way, I just want to say. The whole broadcast began with them saying the winner plays Washington, to which I'm at home going what world is this I'm living in? The winner does play Washington, don't they? Philly sixth place, seventy four yards and three ozh five to start it out, hurts in from forty four and you're like, oh, here we go. Eagles route is on. Elliott misses the extra point wide left. They have an extra point problem. They have a shaky kicking situation six to nothing Philly. Then the Rams first third down, Higbee clearly makes a catch for a first. The officials rule it incomplete. Higbe oddly doesn't argue much, if at all. It's overturned. What a colossal waste of time that was. Leads to a fourth in inches at the Philadelphia ten kyroen for fourth three plays later, third and gold to four to a Higbee touchdown seven to six Rams six thirty two left in the first quarter. A little later on Philly with the ball, two uh drives later three plays eighty three yards one to thirty four. Saquan in from sixty two one to Ozho seven left in the first quarter, and the snow begins. Kelly thirteen to seven Eagles. The snow begins, snow coming down harder now. A little later in the game here it's thirteen to ten. Philly starts with five eighteen left in the second quarter, up three. They get out of a third and fourteen jail from their own five with a past the Saquon for sixteen, but driving for a first half cover up three. It's about four points is the first half line, second and one at the Rams thirty seven, Hurts goes deep to Brown in his lap, he bobbles it, only corrals it out of bounds incomplete, and then after Philly does get the first down, second and eight at the Rams thirty two, with thirty seconds left in the half, Hurt sacked by Olmar Spates, fumbles recovered by Gainwell, but back at the Rams forty seven. That play ends with twenty one seconds left in the second quarter. Philly has one time out and Sirianni doesn't use it. Mike Turrico quote Syriana, Sirianni just says, hold right here. Don't know if he's gonna take a timeout for one last shot at the end zone or let it run down. Unquote. No one really understood what Sirianni was doing there. He doesn't call it till three seconds are left, and then Verse sacks Hurts to end it anyway, so Eagles up three at the half.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he just he just didn't want anything else bad to happen like happened.
Speaker 3: He was the clock was moving, he was indecisive, He didn't know what the proper thing was to do, and he opted for the court. I think he knows he got kind of lucky with gainwell even recovering that ball, Yeah, he sure did. A couple drives are a few drives into the second half. It's thirteen to ten Rams, third and fourth there on thirty two to Cup for thirty, then Kyroen for thirty, but fumble on the exchange to Kyra. Next play, Rams have to settle for Cardi thirty four yardfield Well, we are to thirteen halfway through the third quarter. Philly then settles for an Elliott forty four yard field goal after Hurts was sacked by Jayalen McCullough on second down and his knee was wrenched sixteen thirteen Philly, And now the worry is for Jalen Hurts. Philly next time they get the ball backed up at their own four after four yard game by Saquon Hurts sacked for a safety by Neville Gallimore and Thomas sixteen fifteen Eagles, closing seconds of the third quarter. Hurts look somewhat impaired. Now the Rams snow everywhere. Now ball slick and fourth quarter Rams matriculating first play, fourth quarter Kyroen hit by Jalen Carter fumbles. This was the play of the game. Isaiah Rodgers recovers returns at forty yards. Philly set up at the ten Saquon for eight Saquon for no game in Saquon to the doorstep inches short, fourth and goal false start on lane Johnson. They have to settle for an Elliot twenty three yard field goal nineteen fifteen with thirteen twenty three left. Then the Rams field completely white, now, yard markers invisible without an hand. Third and ten at their own forty five Stafford hit by Nolan Smith Junior. He fumbles, zag Bond recovers Philly after a fourth down conversion of Brown, they settle for a thirty seven yard.
Speaker 1: Field goal try for Elliott.
Speaker 3: Great hold by Brayden Mann and it goes through. Twenty two to fifteen. Eagles up seven now with six eighteen left. Then the Rams after a three and out they still have all three timeouts left. They punted. Philly takes over with four to forty seven left in the fourth quarter. They're up seven own twenty two. First play se Kwon Barkley for seventy eight yards. This is the play that the tweet was about. Should he have scored?
Speaker 1: I say so sure?
Speaker 3: Twenty eight to fifteen because you don't you know what, you don't know what's gonna happen. Next, Elliott missing the extra point wide left. So it's a thirteen point game with four thirty six left. And then the Eagles, I mean, they probably want to have this drive back. They just stop blixing, blitzing entirely. And so the Rams and Stafford is like, I'll take that. Ten plays seventy yards only took one forty eight. Stafford to Kolby Parkins in four out. All of a sudden, it's twenty eight, twenty two. We are on the number that existed for most of the week, the way it closed at seven. And this is so crazy that, yeah, two forty eight left in the fourth quarter, Rams have all three timeouts and the two minute warning. Philly on second down hurts his sack by Kobe Turner on a boot leg for a twelve yard loss, and it's a three and out. And the Rams, who used all three timeouts, now though they get the ball back with no timeouts left, but they still love the two minute warning. They're set up at their own eighteen with two twenty three left, down six after Xavier Smith let it bounce the punt that is, which, by the way, they're kind of killing him for that. I had no problem with him doing that. He's a rookie. He's like, I don't want to do anything wrong.
Speaker 1: Let me just let it bounce. So in tough conditions editions, I think they were killing him.
Speaker 3: On the broadcast, Tarrico and Collinsworth to Higbee for five to cut for eight, two minute warning. Then de Gene almost picks it incomplete intended for an Acua broken up b Sleigh third down to Robinson for eleven, then to Nakua for thirty seven to the Philly twenty one. What a cash That kid is awesome. You know what he should be Kelly last year's rookie. The can we still cash those?
Speaker 1: Oh that's the right, we can.
Speaker 6: Somebody massive plays on this drive. That slay breakup was huge, oh man.
Speaker 3: Then to Cup for three with one nineteen to go. Keep in mind they get the touchdown the extra point they win this. Then a false start to Nikua for seven, a third and two at the fourteen, but Stafford is sacked by Jalen Carter. I mean, this really is the biggest play of the game because that makes it fourth and eleven At the twenty two, Stafford throws it way wide. Ind in't complete a non competitive play. No flag on Sleigh, none on Carter when he hits Stafford, McVeigh is angry. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Ballgame.
Speaker 3: Eagles win a twenty eight twenty two saquon twenty six for two oh five and two touchdowns, and the Rams out gained the Eagles, like the Lions out gained Washington four oh two to three point fifty in this case, but they were minus two in turnovers, resulting in plus six. Remember the Eagles got two field goals out of that. Oh by the way, that's the margin of victory twenty two.
Speaker 6: The uh Jalen Carter was so big down the stretch. I didn't even hear Josh Sweat say this, but this quote I grabbed was so great. It's like, what's going on in the player's minds during the game right where Carter It's like, seems like he's having a good game, but then at the end is massive.
Speaker 1: Right, It's only a quote. It was only a matter of time, matter of time before he was going to kill that right card. No disrespect to the right card.
Speaker 3: Talking about Jalen Carter who is awesome light the way of course I get I guessed Eagles minus four and a half because we could go back to the Eagles home game against Washington earlier this year, week eleven, and that was four and a half.
Speaker 4: And it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're five to five and a half everywhere right now. I know there were some four and a halfs that opened up at so right in that kind of dead man land.
Speaker 3: Oh, we got a full week to talk about this game, the rubber match between the Eagles and the Skins.
Speaker 1: AFC. Next on a numbers game as the Sports Betting.
Speaker 2: Network Numbers game on Sports Betting at Work.
Speaker 3: Vson, the Sports Betting Network now live on twenty four to seven. Of course, now live twenty four seven on Serious XM Channel one fifty eight. Hope you're listening to us on Serious XM this morning. If you're not taking us in any which way, we appreciate it. But for those new to us on Serious XM channel one fifty eight, welcome aboard. Whether you're at home, on the road, or on the go. Now there's more ways than ever tune into VSON stream us live on vson dot com, the vson watchapp, YouTube TV, iHeartRadio, Fire, TV, Roku and now Serious except channel one fifty eight.
Speaker 1: Happy to be back. We were on Serious years ago. Look at that graphic, Gill. It's really fill it up, man. Man, it's a lot of places.
Speaker 3: Man, if you can't find us now, he says confidently, after we're on Serious XMN. Because I can now I can out tell my older friends like, how do I get you killing? I'm like, okay, so you see there's YouTube, dude, Serious XM channel one fifty eighth.
Speaker 1: They all understand. I was waiting for you, for you to finish that sts on you now. If you can't find us, I guess now it's on you. I guarantee you. My Bob's still struggling. I still wonder what that old app coming back.
Speaker 3: Vsent watch app is great. Three times we get tweets of beating the book Charlie d Usa number one. The game was never in doubt. When Joe Gibbs made an appearance, I thought the same thing. The greatest coach of all time showing up in Detroit, Uh Kevin Ryan during the commercial gil Prior to the Barkley seventy eight yard run, I texted my buddy and said The only way I lose my under is if Barkley rips off a long run.
Speaker 1: What are the odds? What are the odds?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Actually with that guy, James Sott, that first segment didn't disappoint basking this Stringfellow Hawk er Buddy Daniel Snyder been gone fifteen minutes took the Washington money line on Drew's megapod recommendation. The twelve men on the field penalty was the death knell coaching failure. Yeah, shout out to Drew. Shout out to Rufus Peabody, who came on the greatest better of his generation on this past Friday. Shout out to Steve Feszick, the only back to back winner of the Hilton Super Contest who comes on every Friday with us. Everybody gave that recommendation because of the high volatility nature of a game between two teams that go for it as often as Dan Campbell and Dan Quinn do for the Lions and Skins on four downs, you should take Washington on the money line. Just as a matter of principle. That money line price was boosted and not boosted by the way that sportsbooks now use that word. But it was enhanced, and you owed it to yourself to take it, and I hope you did.
Speaker 1: That's it I did.
Speaker 3: I didn't take them on against the number, but I took him there based on that recommendation.
Speaker 1: Joe C.
Speaker 3: Seven four, We were close to hosting. He's a RAMS fan, says we were close to hosting. Your command commodoores Gil just pisses me off. How often Chyron fumbles. I believe this time it cost us the game. He also fumbled against the Eagles earlier this year, and the game changed after that. C. Speckler, there are no synonyms for matriculate when used.
Speaker 1: By the voice.
Speaker 3: You cannot mess with the voice and his grammatical correctness. I believe I'm the voice in this case and in primetime Cowboys underscore Cubs won Yo Dog. America's team has won three Super Bowls since the DC Skins last appeared in one. American and myself expect more from our team. Yes, but everyone need to slow their role. We are pacing ourselves. We are pacing ourselves. Yeah, you were in those Super Bowls like a minute after the Skins were, so let's relax. Jason Stark, who's a Steelers fan, he says, how come no one's calling for Harbaugh's job in Baltimore? He never wins and he has a top three quarterback. Put Lamar on the Steelers and Tomlin has another ring.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Okay, Mark Geiger in out in marg has dropped another one on the snow.
Speaker 3: Mark Geiger in house attorney for a numbers game. I've ordered pomp poms and a cute outfit for you. Maybe I'll bring it over to circle, but seriously, you guys have a real shot at the Lamarty Trophy and I'm in at seven to one. And then Jeff Levine Gil could not agree more about how much team character means. So as a Ravens fanatic, I'm very worried that Mark Andrews Mishaps has turned way too many fans into raven maniacs on a player who has exemplified character during his marvelous career. We got more tweets to get to, but we got another game to get to. What's next. Let's go to Sunday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, AFC Championship both on Sunday, but yeah, Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 1: I mean, of course this is correct. We are now at six thirty Eastern time, Bills at Chiefs. The Big one Bills at Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Start with the Bills went over Baltimore since we were just talking about that the marquee matchup of the weekend in the NFL. It did not disappoint. Baltimore comes out eight plays, seventy three yards four to twenty, third and eight at their own twenty nine, Lamar for nine. Then Henry wide open drops a low pass from Lamar no matter though, to Likely for thirty nine. Three plays later, third and three at the Buffalo sixteen Lamar to de Bateman touchdown. That's how Baltimore scored first ten to forty left in the first quarter.
Speaker 1: They're up seven.
Speaker 3: Alan misses Hollins on the first play on the ensuing drive, but third and eight at their own thirty two. Alan to Khalil Shakir for thirty four. Four plays later, fourth and two at the Baltimore twenty six, Allen for seven. Four plays after that, Ray Davison from one. We are tied at seven on an eleven place seventy yard drive that took five to fifty seven only two passes. This would be a portent of things to come from the Bills all day. So seven seven four forty three left in the first quarter. Baltimore second and eleven at their own twenty seven Milano, with pressure, Lamar throws it deep over Bateman's head, picked by Taylor Rap. Lamar had only thrown four picks all year. Here's one to Taylor Rap. But Buffalo couldn't do anything with it. And here's why. A phantom hold on Dion Dawkins. Dion Dawkins gets called for a phantom hold sets Buffalo back.
Speaker 1: They have to punt. Was that the one was like he was blocking two? Well, yes, he is block to well holding.
Speaker 3: Dion Dawkins is telling the refe's like I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to do. Baltimore second and tenth the Buffalo twenty eight. Lamar sacked by Hamlin fumbles. This is the play of the game. Fumbles. It wasn't like Hamblin knocked it out of his hands. Lamar spun and with a slick football he loses it, recovered by Von Miller, who returns at thirty nine yards. Buffalo set up at Baltimore twenty four four plays in Allen in from one fourteen to seven Buffalo. That's the game changer that Lamar Fommell eight point fifty two left in the second quarter. A little later on it would be fourteen to ten, and then Buffalo with a double dip hop opportunity nine plays seventy yards took him three twenty seven Allen in from four twenty one to ten. Buffalo at the half, and they get the ball first in the second. It's the largest halftime deficit for the Ravens this year.
Speaker 1: Oh boy. But then Buffalo goes three and out.
Speaker 3: Tucker field goal cuts into twenty one to thirteen. Next time Baltimore has the ball after they force a punt, seven plays eighty yards Henry for six, three and seventeen, then Lamar to Andrews for twelve, Hill for twenty two, Henry for fifteen for five into the end zone. From Henry touchdown, they're down to two point try lamarda likely tipped by Milano, fails twenty one to nineteen, Buffalo clinging with one thirty seven left in the third. Then Buffalo, with Romo saying he wouldn't go down without Alan getting most of the touches maybe forty seven times.
Speaker 1: On this drive.
Speaker 3: You see sometimes Romo said that Bass fifty one yard field goal. What a kick twenty four nineteen Bills with twelve oh four left. Then Baltimore has the ball. Romo reminds reminds us that quote big people can push around the little people in some moments at the end of this one, thanks Tony, big people can push around the little people. Jim fourth in inches own thirty nine, Andrews for two. Two plays later, Lamar to Andrews for fourteen, but he tries to make a move and it's punched out by Terrell Bernard, recovered by Bernard. Buffalo up five, get it to first and goal with the ten. Baltimore decides to use their first two timeouts early with just under five minutes left, which I kind of think is the right move. And I'll tell you why. I know a lot of people were curious about this. When you're inside the ten, it's okay to use them with about four plus minutes left because there is no chance of you getting another set of down night. So that's right, right, So that's a correct play at that point, I believe. Anyway, Buffalo they have to it's fourth and goal with the two. Buffalo calls time out to think about it. They're like, let's kick the field goal, and they do. Romo, by the wait, this is the other thing that announcers drive me crazy on. So they're deciding Buffalo is should we kick the field goal? Should we go for we're up five? My biggest pet peeve with the announcers. I have many, but one of them is they have the benefit of seeing live what the sideline's going to do, like one and a half seconds before we do on the broadcast. So and Romo does this every time he.
Speaker 1: Goes you know, Jim, I think I'd kick the field goal right right as they're already coming on the field. And so they do kick the field goal. It kills me.
Speaker 6: Or they could just look as they're talking, they can look at who's huddling up next to the coach where we can't see that at all. He doesn't commit to Lease sees them bring out the kick. You to twenty seven and nineteen. Buffalo's up eight, three twenty nine left, so Baltimore's got one time out in the two minute warning, down eight. After a hold on the kickoff, they start at their own twelve with three twenty three left, second and seven at their own twenty six. Lamar flushed out right to Tylan Wallace for twenty seven. What a play by Lamar two minute warning at the Buffalo forty seven. Remember they need the touchdown in the two snow now falling as if on que to likely for twenty four touchdown.
Speaker 1: What a play they're down too another two point try to Andrews on the corner.
Speaker 3: Surely he'll catch this dropped twenty seven to twenty five, Buffalo one thirty three left Baltimore now reduced to declaring for an on side kick. So they go to the fishal and you know what they say, Kelly, They go, I do declare that I want to kick the on side kick. It does not work, it fails. Buffalo wins. They're headed to the AFC Championship twenty seven to twenty five. Baltimore out gains Buffalo. Theme of the weekend four sixteen to two seventy three, where the team that loses outgains the winning team. But what's the other thing? Minus three in turnovers resulting in plus ten points for the Buffalo Billiards. And that's all you need to know. By the way, the two point conversion of Andrews and people are killing Andrews. Did you notice how Lamar held the ball up like it was big brother about to throw it to little brother or father about to throw it to their son.
Speaker 1: He's like, okay, here comes dropped.
Speaker 3: A lot of old heads who have been around a long time. Think of Jackie Smith of the of the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl thirteen against the Steelers as a comp for this wasn't quite as egregious, but that did pop into my head as well.
Speaker 1: I got no problem with a play call. It's it was there. It was there to be completed and scored.
Speaker 3: It was dropped. I probably was on Henry. I was saying before the play, let's go Henry.
Speaker 1: But it was there. It was there. A drop is a drop. Congratulations to Bill's fans, Bill's backers. You get the money.
Speaker 2: Numbers game on v SIN these Sports Vetting Network.
Speaker 1: V SIN fans, You're in luck.
Speaker 3: Circa Las Vegas owner Derek Stevens is offering you fifteen percent off at three incredible properties Circle Las Vegas, the d Hotel and Golden Gate. Whether you're lounging by circus, stunning rooftop pool, or enjoying all the excitement Vegas has to offer, you'll say big with promo code v SIN fifteen book You're twenty twenty five, Stay now at Circa Las Vegas dot com and use v SIN one five to get fifteen for sent Off. Your Vegas Adventure starts here. You ever stayed at you ever had in the stay cation here at Circa?
Speaker 1: But you know what, I never have.
Speaker 3: I never have either I want to. And you know what everybody always says, the biggest thing about those rooms are great pressure on the showers. I didn't know if you were going there, but I was like, I know, I've heard that a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is huge.
Speaker 3: How it's amazing how often you stay at a hotel or Airbnb or whatever and some water pressure sucks and someone comes back to you and goes the water pressure and the showers is fantastic. Gotta stay at Circa. By the way, I also stayed at the Golden Gate before Crack put.
Speaker 1: Me up at a suite there. Once was amazing. Okay, there you go back in the day.
Speaker 6: I actually I haven't stayed in any of the properties, which is it's just weird. I don't really have any explanation for that, any reason why.
Speaker 3: We've we've not stayed at the d either, but we've certainly gone to the D many times. Yeah, we're big D guys. All right, one more game to get to the Bills. Will play the Kansas City Chiefs. Chiefs beat the Texans. And when I say beat the Texans, I mean it was the Chiefs and maybe some help. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Shall we? Chiefs began.
Speaker 3: Nico Romello returns the kickoff sixty three yards the opening kickoff, he's hit by Chris Boyd. He fumbles but recovered by some A J. P. Ryan Boyd flagged for taking off his helmet unnecessary roughness. Then he shoves his special teams coach Frank Ross. Good start for Houston.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: That was one of those. By the way, I don't know where you were.
Speaker 6: I was like these moments where you're like, all right, games starting, I'm like, let me just wrap up something at the kitchen. I'm like cooking something in a pan. I'm like here the broadcast going crazy. You're trying to do the whole run back from the kitchen, back and forth, like what's going on? Wait a minute, you're cooking something in a pan, yeah, and a fried pan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was cooking up some fijiitas. Yeah, I'm pressed.
Speaker 3: Kansas City set up at the Houston thirteen, but they have to settle for a Butcker thirty two yard field goal after a three and out three to nothing Chiefs a minute and two seconds in, then after a fair baron field goal ties it up at three apiece. By the way, they had to do it, because oh they tie up a three apiece. But on that third down play, Stroud hurt his left knee, so we're always worried about Stroud's health through the rest of that game. So three to three casey would be three and out, but a horrific it would have been a three it out. But a horrific roughing the passer call on will Anderson extends the drive and another red zone stop eventually leads to a Butcker thirty six yard field goal six to three Kansas City. But back to that play, the horrific roughing the passer. We also learned from the official help in the booth there, Russell Yurk, that they're now allowed to do expedited review and pick those flags up if no contact occurs. So, in other words, if will Anderson had completely whiffed on Mahomes and they threw the flag. Replay assist we learned could come in and reverse that take pick the flag up. But because if there's any contact, right, so he gets flagged, he should not have been flag. But if there's any contact with Mahomes, replay Assistan is not allowed to pick up the flag. So, Kelly, if I the difference, it'sdiculous. Everything about this ridiculous.
Speaker 6: More upset with everything that was talked about in the booth than the actual hit in the call me too because the whole Oh they've been doing this all season?
Speaker 1: Gil, Wait what because I don't remember having seen a single play this.
Speaker 6: Year where a roughing the passer penalty was called and an expedited review came in and helped them pick up the flag off the field.
Speaker 1: What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: And again, Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid do not need the extra help from the officials. Houston gets the ball a couple drives later, six to three. They're down now after a big third and nine twenty eight yard run by Strouds. Stroud as sacked by Charles Omnehu. They decide on a fair Barren fifty five yard Fueld goal try, which, by the way, was the worst of the three options. Yeah, you could have punted, you could have gone for it. Don't try the fifty five yard or in the cold way, low and right Kansas City, because this is what they do. Five plays, fifty five yards, two minutes, twenty five seconds. Mahomes goes deep to Hollywood Brown is the ball knocked out by Murray. No catch, But the next explay, no problem. Mahomes to Kelsey for forty nine to the Houston six. By the way, Kelsey not very fast, but out there. Three plays later, Hunt in from one thirteen to three Chiefs with four to twenty six, it would be thirteen to six at the half. Third quarter, Houston comes out. Fifteen plays eighty two yards, ten minutes and twenty four seconds, second and fourteen. By the way, on this drive at Kansas City, twenty eight, Stroud to Hutchinson for fourteen, but officials marked him short. The Texans don't challenge it. Then they get an illegal motion and I'm like, I can't believe what's happening here. Third and six, Stroud for exactly six. Next play, then mix it in from thirteen, so it's thirteen to twelve. On that fifteen play, eighty two yard drive that took more than ten minutes, and then fair baron wide right on the extra point, and Kansas City still leads thirteen to twelve with four thirty six left in the third quarter. And then, of course Mahomes in Kansas City thirteen plays eighty one yard, seven minut and it's forty four seconds the first two drives of the second half. I mean, it was just unbelievably how long each of those was. First and ten at their own thirty five on that drive, by the way, Mahomes toying with defenders, then a late slide, then an unnecessary roughness when two Houston defenders smack into each other fifteen yards, and then three plays later, third and fourth of Houston forty Mahomes to Gray at the sticks. Initially they give him a first down, he wasn't close. They correctly moved the ball back for fourth and inches at the Houston thirty six to start the fourth quarter, then hunt for three five plays later, falling down Mahomes to Kelsey. What a play falling down Mahomes to Kelsey from eleven twenty to twelve Kansas City. But you had the unnecessary roughness when the two defenders smacked to win each other. When Mahomes is toying with the defenders, he does the late slide. Then you had the one where they gave Gray the first down. They're like, oh, yeah, maybe he didn't get it.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 3: It's the Kansas City Chiefs. They couldn't possibly not get a first down, right anyway. It's twenty to twelve Houston, fourth and ten at the Kansas City forty. They decide late to go for it or a fifth straight play Kansas City blitzes strout Is sacked all the way back they usedon forty four by Carl Loftis. Then a couple drives later Kansas City they're still up eight, set up at the Houston forty five fourth and one. They get it to fourth and one at the Houston nine. They decide correctly, let's just kick the field goal here and go up two scores. Butcker hits the chip shot twenty seven yarder, so it's twenty three to twelve Chiefs with four to thirty eight left. Houston starts with another Carl Loftis sack, the fifth Casey sack of the game. They get it to second and two at the Kansas City five. They matriculate second and two at the Kansas City five snap it in haste before the two minute warning. Stroud is sacked by Felix a new de kay Uzoma, then by Carl loftis his third case's eighth. Houston costs time out, They kick the They go to a field goal because they're down eleven. Right, they're down two scores and the spread is in doubt. Here fairbaron thirty five yard field goal blocked by Leoshanal. Oh my god, Kansas City is gonna cover two except for Kansas City as a three and out. And on fourth and fifteen at their eighteen, and this seems somewhat unnecessary. I was like, Okay, I get the idea, but did he really have to take us in the here? Yeah, fourth and fifteen at their own eighteen and the closing seconds, matt Riza asked is asked to run it back and take the safety ed he does. Houston wins it twenty three to fourteen. Andy Reid's way of saying, Hey, you probably should have bet us at the lower number. The nine and a half, do not cash for the Chiefs. Twenty three fourteen. Chiefs win and they advance Mahomes in Kansas City. And this is just I mean, we could talk about all the other stats that are amazing for all these other teams and Jane Daniels and this and that, but the Kansas City Chiefs going to their seventh straight AFC championship is on a planet of its own. It's just unbelievable to think about that seven AFC championships on in a row.
Speaker 1: Way.
Speaker 3: We have a tweet about this, Houston. For the Texans, teams had been forty nine to oh when out gaining their opponent by over one hundred yards in a playoff game and not committing a turnover in a playoff game. Pre ESPN stats in info from Benjamin Solak, Texans first team to outgame their opponent by one hundred plus three thirty six to twelve, not turn the ball over and lose a postseason game. Previous teams were forty nine to zero in the playoffs. About the officiating? Can we run that other tweet? Because I think this is great?
Speaker 1: This is uh, this is a tweet? Do we have that one about the officiating? Guys?
Speaker 3: I'll read it otherwise, this is uh, Kenny Rodgers, Kenny Rodgers not Kenny Rodgers not Kenny Rodgers. Tweet says the Buffalo Bills were just called for roughing the passer next week against Kansas City, which I think echoes a lot of people's feelings about the officiating in this Texans game.
Speaker 1: This is Demiko Ryans. We have Demico Ryans. I've got comments about the officiating. There's Demiko Ryans after the game. We knew going into this game, man, it was us versus everybody.
Speaker 3: Right When I say everybody is everybody, all of whatever, everybody the naysayer is a doubt right.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jmiko did not want to say officials. They didn't want to see that word, did not want to come out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: But you know what he meant.
Speaker 6: I think that's excellently handled. Because you've already lost, Why get fined too? Did to change that and you got your message across. Here's my comment on the officiating, GIL is that it wouldn't have it wouldn't have stood out so much, and it wouldn't have been so bad, in my opinion, if every other game the rest didn't seemingly just throw the flags away like there.
Speaker 1: Was Baltimore Buffalo.
Speaker 6: How much stuff went uncalled that felt like it could have gone called throughout.
Speaker 1: The play of the game. They just let him plunge is what they should do.
Speaker 6: In Kansas City, Houston, it was just it was more of that. It's it's we could sit here and order you back and forth about every.
Speaker 1: Single one of the calls there, but there was there was no game. You're right to your point.
Speaker 3: There was no game this weekend where you felt like the officials really mattered, right except for this, Except for this game. And you do walk away thinking, I'm sorry you kind of do. The chiefs are great, But this other thing is true too. Both things can be true at the same time. No, I never gave a guest for the AFC Championship, but we kind of already knew it from the look aheads. But I said to Kansas City minus one and a half, and that's kind of where they set off.