Speaker 1: Rockets.
Speaker 2: Just seems like a great athlete to me. Keep running for those first downs, buddy, love that. Why did you have the end zone on your mind? As soon as I got up? As soon as I got up, found some found some green grass. You know. I'm excited to go back and watch it to see the effort that. You know, my guys were given to get blocks. I mean, you don't get in the end zone unless you got your teammates having your back in that situation. So I'm happy we got that one. I mean I would have been out there if I could have been. But so we'll we'll see, uh, you know, as we'll get more information on it. Lobbying to get back in what was kind of back and forth, you know it w it was all based off the field, you know, Like I said, if I, if I could have been, I it take a lot for me to tap out right, So I mean it, if I could have been out there, I would have been. Well, we'll get more information, uh as we go with scans and all that, but uh, I feel good right now.
Speaker 1: They're all that touchdown. You look like gas to hurt a little bit, Like how'd you feel after the score?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean after catching it. I I guess I was in there a little bit and I fell with no type of no type of something to break the fall, so I kind of land on my bag. Lost wins, but I got up and ran anyway, so I was winning for sure. I was trying to catch my wins at that point.
Speaker 1: Practice said that you guys practiced all week with the chip on your shoulder.
Speaker 2: Do you agree with that?
Speaker 1: And?
Speaker 2: Uh, what was practice like this week? Yeah? Absolutely, I mean it was chippy. I think it was exactly what what it needed to be. I mean, you dropped two two losses, especially the one last week, I had a sour taste in our mouth. Yeah, I think it was the right type of week.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you're playing at an even higher level? What were you doing last year in the year before.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just trying to do my best, you know, whatever that takes for the team, honestly. And you know the the play today, I've I've been talking about that for weeks now. You know, Coach Staley does a great job in our ball meeting and he's made it an emphasis that if you score on defense, you have about one hundred percent chance of winning the game. And so I'm like, we gotta score on d and uh for us to get that to get that play. You know, obviously we won and we gotta keep it going. Now just instinct kind of break off your coverage and try to just hide to get that interception. Like how did how did they go through? Yeah, lots of experience. You know, you know where to be at the right at the right spot. You kind of understand route concepts regardless of you know, the cover responsibility and uh, usually if you're in the middle of the field around the hashes, good things can happen. You have a lot of different faces and on different positions on what kind of bird is that for you as the leader, and.
Speaker 1: How have you approached.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a burden, you know. I think it's an opportunity and uh we I'm I'm so. I've always I was excited from the moment we got all the new guys that we did this offseason because of what they bring to the to our team and to the defense. Uh, you know, I think the opportunity was to now continue to build and build that cohesion and that chemistry amongst the group. Right, I think the best teams are the ones that are the closest and that doesn't happen overnight, you know, a week by week. We got to continue to try to find that closeness with as a team as a defense. And I feel like the more we do that, the better we're gonna play in, the better product we're gonna put on the field.
Speaker 1: For a while now, be efficient, pile up completions, lead the team. You know, I don't know if you've ever seen him grow deep as many times as he did today in the kind of in the airy yards and almost that everybody always talks about what does that do? Now the teams have seen he can do this that consistently, What does that do for him in your office? And is there anything he can't do?
Speaker 2: Nah, He's the best man. I love Brock love exactly how how he plays the game, who he is, Uh, the leader that he is for our team. You know, he doesn't say a whole lot, but he doesn't have to at the end of the day. Like the way that he approaches his craft, and it's so humble about his approach, you know, never too high and never too low and continuing to get better and in all phases of his game, knowing what it takes to win, right, you know, I love I love having him as our as a quarterback.
Speaker 1: And obviously because up the catch and the run. Could you recruited as a tight end?
Speaker 2: Played a little tight end in high school, but wasn't really for me. Man. I'm more of a you know, control your destiny out there tight end. You might get a catch, you might not, you know what I'm saying. So it's all good now were out there in terms of chemistry communication the back end, I think I thought he did great. You know, he had that opportunity to having a an interception late in the game. You know, gotta bring those in. But other than that, man, I I love the way that Malick plays the game. I mean, he hair on fire, no hesitation. You see him just flashing all the time with the way that he spread to the football. You know. So I love the way that he plays the game. He's only gonna continue to get better, alright, alright, guys,