Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app it lie searching FSR. Yeah, O, Hey, hey, hey, welcome to the show showgram program Cobino and Rich Time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hell yeah with.
Speaker 2: Danny g the super producer, Iowa Sam.
Speaker 1: Is he the coolest guy ever? Yes?
Speaker 2: Iowa Sam. On the ones and twos, there is we got spot on the videos. Covino and Rich FSR. Dan Byer's got your updates the consummate professional. We are Covino and Rich and we do it every Thursday. We start the weekend, So Weekend of Love, Happy Valentimes week Pop Pop. We got President's Day weekend coming up. It begins today with old school and fifty hits Rich Lover's Weekend. Is that why you're wearing your Bobby Valentine fake mustache? That's right and we be rocking out. Let's go. If you miss any of today's show, you want to catch the podcast, search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, And of course you can watch what you hear right now. You can see my Bobby Valentine mustache. You can hang out with us live and chat it up live at YouTube dot com at Covino and Rich FSR at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And so I'm Steve, that is Rich.
Speaker 2: Let's go in honor of Valentine's Day weekend as a Mets fan? Should I buy a Dick Love Lady Jersey?
Speaker 3: You mean you don't already have one?
Speaker 2: Do you think anyone's bought that simply because it's the coolest name in baseball right now?
Speaker 1: How long was he on the Mets?
Speaker 2: Not very long, a little stint, but they inside them, So anyway, yeah, I might as well buy one. Is the week of Love and we love you. Fox Sports Radio Nation. You know, hold that fut because maybe we'll talk about that more on Over promised our bonus pod, which today a brand new episode, our first since Super Bowl. That's right here on the YouTube page live right after this show. Okay, so at four on the West, seven on the East, Over promised with Covino and Rich and if you missed our interviews from Super Bowl. They're also there on the YouTube page, Covino and Rich FSR. So we're gonna throw it back on a Thursday like we always do. At fifty. We're gonna talk about your parents, little James Vanderbeek tribute. We'll explain rest in peace vander Beek and we got to talk NBA right now. No, we are, but I just saw breaking Oh oh wow. Does that have to do with Nancy Guthrie. No, there's though Nancy Guthrie, but the NBA could wait, because I'll be honest, I've been waiting on the NBA to be exciting for a while, so that could wait for a second. I just saw a headline that must be addressed because you just said it is a weekend of.
Speaker 1: Love, Weekend of love.
Speaker 2: Sex med Winter Olympic Stars. They had to order an extra ten thousand condoms. Why do is there always take some sort of condoms story around the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Olympic village. They get all horned up.
Speaker 2: I get all that, but there seems to be a new story every every Olympics. They had to promise extra supplies because they're running out. Man, how horned up are Olympic athletes? Oh? Listen, they're testosterone and destrougin, whatever we got in our bodies are pumping dude, young athletes in their prime. Jeez, Louise, Hey, at least they're safe, right, Hey, have fun. But I did want to bring up for all this Olympic six remember the Adam Sandler. Are these people having sex are working out? It's a great game, you know, with Barry Lincoln, with all these Olympians who are just specimens, ripped dudes, totally in shaped women just being like you, you, you, me, and you have we ever learned.
Speaker 1: Of like an Olympic baby. That's just like a super athlete.
Speaker 2: If all these countries of all stars from countries around the world, stars, if all these stars stars are haveing Olympic sex, shouldn't we somewhere along the lines learned of this little olympian, this little star athlete. It's like my mom was a Norwegian bops letter and my dad was from Chile and he was you know, your parents were close because it wasn't your dad a ping pong star, almost recruited.
Speaker 1: It's true to the Olympic team. My dad huge ping pong.
Speaker 2: Your mom brought down the you know stock a little bit sorry, that's true.
Speaker 1: She's a great woman, but she was no ping pong star like Rich's dad.
Speaker 2: But isn't it shocking that there is not a story of like, by the way, my dad in the Olympic. Rich's dad was scouted for Olympic ping pong joking pong. He's that good, he's fantastic. Fun fact about my dad, I was, sam I I do not be essue He'll Years ago we were in New York City and there was a ping pong bar called Spin. It might still be there for all I know. We decided to have a listener event and I'm like, all right, like a march bed, this bracket, first sixty four guys that sign up, We're gonna have a bracket, a ping pong tournament.
Speaker 1: My Dad's like, oh, I'll play.
Speaker 2: Would you believe my dad not only breezed through it, he whooped everyone and one the whole time schooled hundreds of our listeners in a tournament. Yeah, it was embarrassing. Forrescott is like Forrest Gumpians, one of those.
Speaker 4: Sports that you can play well into your like age, Like the mobility is, if you don't have to have mobility, you can play in a chair if you, well, not.
Speaker 2: Really, Asian scouts used to watch Rich's dad play, for sure. It's true story, so not even exagerating. But I'm sure there's plenty of stories of this Rich because any great athlete not all the time, but there's a lot of moments where oh and their parents were either a next pro and the mom was an Olympian. Like there's always some story. Who is the great Simone Biles? Who my daughter loves watching videos of Simone Biles, who's hurt fiance her husband in the NFL? Go on, someone fill in the blanks for me because I'm.
Speaker 3: A defender for the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 1: Who is it Dan Bayer?
Speaker 5: Is it Jonathan Jones?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: I put everyone on the spot and didn't Meanto Jonathan. But you tell me if they don't have a child, that child isn't blessed, which is like Olympic Like we're talking athletic genetics, Like look at the Watt family. Think it's of course, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right, chip off the old blocks. I'm Brown's dad is a guarantee. I'm Michael Jordan, Right, it's not always a guarantee. Well, but you have a greater chance. You come from great genetics. There's gonna be great opportunity for them. I'm just saying, I'm around Saint Brown's dad was like, you know, mister Olympia, the curries, the you know, we can name the Manning sports families all the time. I'm just shocked with all these stories of all this Olympic loving going on where you have to order tens of thousands of condoms, like they've trained four years for an event, yet just proving no matter how much you want to focus on something, they're really what they're doing.
Speaker 1: We can't keep it in their pants. They're blocking all this potential for the future. That's what's happening here.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you train four years. I've been doing downhill skiing for the last four years to get set for this. You know, they see some hot ass pass and that's that that distracts you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God bless these Olympians.
Speaker 2: So all I'm saying is that I'm surprised we don't see more Olympic babies that are like a combination.
Speaker 1: So they're all practicing safe sex. We established why, I guess so, And.
Speaker 3: It's a known fact.
Speaker 6: Rich when people actually push themselves in fitness that you do get a little bit wound up.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you push yourself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you go to the gym and you really push hard, it's like you're you're in like endorphins, like the bones. You have to break a sweat, right, Yeah, you have to break a sweat. You have to like really push you right needs the guy that needs a new surgery. I love that that's your go to like back up when it still doesn't change the fact that you don't push yourself.
Speaker 2: How is I go to backup when you're mocking my workout saying I don't work out hard enough.
Speaker 1: But in the last year you've had your schedule for three surgeries. Man, But what is that? What is that tell you? Should I work out harder? Should follow your lead?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean you know your forty nine ers are all crumbling. They all have they need to have surgeries. Yeah, maybe they should get on riches pe wee herman work.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe if they like.
Speaker 1: Put a minimal effort, maybe they'd be able to play.
Speaker 2: See what happened there. He was a lot to make fun of me. But when I went back in him, you guys all got silent you brought it there, so I had to I had to continue. I was sensing tension. But in a related story, the US was able to slip another one past the goalie. They're up five to one on lat Via. The new shipment hasn't arrived yet, Thank you, Dan. Right, and by the way, that that story deserves some context. Spot our video guy here Fox Sports are longtime pound producer of our patreon. He found fitness later in life and gotten shaped real quick. Well it seemed real quick, but it wasn't. It was a journey, I get it. But he pushed himself so hard, so fast that his body couldn't keep up. Or you can say he's getting older. He needs a few surgeries now. So you know, that's the question in itself, is that him just pushing too hard or not. And then the criticism is that Rich doesn't push himself at all, so of course he's not getting worked up and he's not all horned up like these olympians.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say it pushed him to swingers clubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that too. I mean, the guy's horned up. That's why he's so horned on.
Speaker 4: What about all that time Spot spent living next to a power plant, you know, is that why he's getting the surgeries.
Speaker 6: I live next to the La River, which is just a cement sort of shoot that carries water, radioactive water.
Speaker 2: Who knows, you know what, though, Richard, like you said, it's a week of love. Is Valentine's Week. There's a lot of loving going on. No one's really talking about it when it comes to the Olympics, and it all makes sense. You have hot, young, in shape, wrned up in shape, Olympians all in one place, and it seems to come up, you know, in some weird article every year and once again without fail.
Speaker 1: I have one one less question. Then we'll get into real stuff. I apologize.
Speaker 3: We'll talk nobody's give love to the NBA.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk NBA. I' have an AI thought. We'll talk some Tom Brady that there's a lot to get to. We're gonna talk about your team a little bit today, Danny g the Raiders, Clint Kopiak already making an impact. So we'll talk a little of everything today. Baseball before you know it. But I do have a thought, you know, I'm dancing with the stars. There's always a controversy where someone ends up breaking up their long term spouse or partner. Because you dance closely with someone like that, sparks fly and something always happens. Like every season on Dancing with the Stars, I don't watch the show. I just always read that now dancing the Chatcha, now dancing the Pasa doble. There's always someone that ooh, this song gets me all worked up, Sam, there's always someone that cheats on someone. Because you're dancing, you're.
Speaker 3: All up on someone.
Speaker 1: My theory is everyone's all horned up. Well, here's my thought.
Speaker 2: Do you think everyone, everyone that does couples figure skating has to just get with each other in the beginning to get it out of the way.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe rich I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You got to keep it professional sometimes and sometimes the evil what do we call it, the evil peen. It's in the way and makes you do things you don't want to do. Say, Dance with the Stars is a couple of months, and they can't resist each other because much like Olympians, they can't keep it in their Pantalonis you're telling me that you see these people all up on each other doing couples figure skating, you don't think's why you know not to get in people's head. Fox Sports Radio. I'm sure you're old lady, as they say, is a great woman and vice versa.
Speaker 3: Ladies.
Speaker 2: I know your man is probably the best in the world. But when anyone refers to their coworker as their office wife is like, I don't like that ever, because that leads to shenanigans. I'm not a fan of it.
Speaker 1: Oh your work husband, huh, mental note, something's going on.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye on Gary, Yeah Gary from accounting. Yeah, work husband.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: So I'm you know, anytime someone works too closely together, there's potential there, there's uh you think there's tension. Do you think a wife ever wants to hear her guy refer to someone as his work wife. Hell no, especially if she's hot. Imagine, yeah, you want you want to You want to see her work and realize that he's non threatening, like the most non threatened guy.
Speaker 1: Only time you would be okay.
Speaker 2: Only time you would be okay if your wife was like, yeah, I got a work husband, and you see him and he looks like, uh, looks like the revolting blob from Billy Madison.
Speaker 1: Ps, he's horny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I think that what we're getting at as anytime you put good looking people or horned up people in one place working intimately for too long of a time, anything could happen. Shenanigans take place. And the only reason to bring it up is because it's Valentine's Day week And I just saw as we're having this conversation and the shipment again, I was gonna say, as we were having this conversation starting the show, I got a quick alert on my phone and said, you got condom alerts on your phone, as Rocky Belbo said, condom mediums. Rich has small I use them, Uh sex men. Winter Olympians are given ten thousand extra condoms as organizers promised extra supplies are on the way. Is if they're like hemp is on the way, you know? That reminds me of Rich. Where was that show?
Speaker 4: Rich is a big fan of like really trashy TV, like trash TV. This sounds like this Olympics thing sounds like a reality TV show.
Speaker 2: There's a show I forget if it was like Love Island or something where these kids they're all, you know, all horned up and they're all excited. They're all young and handsome, good looking, and they're on this island for like a day, and they're all acting like they're freaking out because they're not getting it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's the one where that it's been six.
Speaker 3: Hours, they can't hook up with anybody.
Speaker 2: It's the one where the I've just made a weird symbol of my hands on on the one I'm doing. It's that cone that pops up and it has a void. I said, it's like, ye hi, you can't win the money if you touch each other. And all these like twenty somethingstation island. Yeah whatever, but they're there for like not even a day, but they're all losing their mind because they got it. So meanwhile, like married people are like, he's torture, bro. These young people make it it seem like a week without anything. His tortured me, while married people everywhere like a week without it, Oh, a regular week.
Speaker 3: That's called peace and quite good for them.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, enough smut this.
Speaker 2: The Olympians are there, like, when's the new shipment coming in? I can't take it and you just trained four years? Yeah, but I saw some hoppies of Moody from U Japan what are we.
Speaker 1: Doing, crazy man?
Speaker 2: Well, hey, Cavino and Rich just making observations, just explaining the Olympians.
Speaker 1: The Olympians are doing their thing right now.
Speaker 2: Too hot to handle, Rich, Oh, that's what it's too hot to hand, too hot to handle, too cold to hold. So that brings us to the NBA. Yeah, I have any thoughts on the Olympians.
Speaker 1: Let us know. I ninety nine mpleus and I figured it was pertinent. It all tied together.
Speaker 2: It's Valentine's Day week The Olympics are the only thing keeping our attention. And I saw that headline, so oham. On a personal note, you know Mike who runs this place? Not that there was Mike who runs this place? Or should I say Lance Romance? My goodness, he made me feel like the most underachiever ever. He's like, I'm already for Valentine's weekend. I was like, what do you got your mister no's underwear all dusted off?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: You meant that other way with the elephant trunk. Yeah, definitely definitely edible under round. Now I got my edible once.
Speaker 2: He's got like all these elaborate plans all figured out, and I'm like, yo, I haven't even started. What's today Thursday?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. He's like, I'm doing I don't want to give his business.
Speaker 2: He's not here today because he's already throwing rose pedals around the house.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, dude. I was like, are you in the doghouse or something. He's like, no, I just you know, bring the romance.
Speaker 2: I was like, dang, So, if you guys need some motivation to step your game up, trust me, there's guys like Mike count Dan that are willing to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so step it up. Get ready.
Speaker 2: Well, let's turn our attention to the NBA now that we got the uh little bit. That's the thing, even when you want to, because what was our intention to start off the show talking about the NBA? Even if you want to, the NBA feels like something that you keep pushing off, like like a homework assignment or I got to study for something or whatever it is that you don't want to do.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 10: I've been hearing shows on the network talk about the Steelers for an hour. Dude, We're gonna get to the NBA, but the Steeler.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 2: I quit the NBA too in my mind. On Fox Sports Radio, I finally got it done. But you know how long I put off getting new gutters from my house? I finally did it. It's like the thing you don't want to spend money on. It's a chore that even meaning to paint, but you're just like, you know that next you know that outlet in everyone's room that doesn't have the outlet cover on it, and you're like, oh, I gotta go to home defuts two bucks.
Speaker 1: I gotta put that off because you'll never do it.
Speaker 2: Our intention was to kick off the show talk about the NBA, but you know what, there's a part of us that's reluctant to because it's like, ah, you know why, just something's something's missing, man, something's something's wrong with it.
Speaker 1: The NBA is not broken, but it's in trouble.
Speaker 10: You want to talk about what Joey Porter Senior said about Ben big Ben? Please instead, No, let's do it. But no, that's what's going on. You guys are absolutely right right now. Even some of the NBA fans I know are like, man, I'm just gonna wait until after the All Star breaking hopefully.
Speaker 3: Things pick up.
Speaker 2: Here's where I had this epiphany too, And you're right, it will pick up after the All Star break.
Speaker 1: At least that's our hope, right. I made this point the other day.
Speaker 2: I said, I sit at home for hours sometimes watching one on one like the Professor or this guy MK. One on one basketball tournaments, trash talking one on one competitions. Yeah, just a bunch of trash talking young kids on the playground because it's fun. Because I like basketball, and I like to play basketball, and I really do love basketball. Would you go as far watch the ball lose my fever. I like the way they dribble up and down the court. My point is, it's not that I don't want to watch basketball. I'm watching amateurs play street basketball one on one tournaments on social media. So I love the trash talk and I love the fire they bring, the fun they bring. I'd rather watch that than some actual NBA basketball at times. And the question is, well, why is that? Because there seems to be a buzz where a lot of people feel that way.
Speaker 1: It's not just us.
Speaker 2: You know, the Pistons are great. They're forty and thirteen Celtics not too far behind them. I don't feel a lot of people are talking about it. We're from the East Coast, The Knicks are thirty five and twenty and I think the theory goes like this, there's a multitude. Multitude is that the word of reasons as to why. I don't think you could just say it's just one thing, and Rich you said this off the Aaron, I agree with you. It's like a breakup. Sometimes it's not just that one thing or that one fight that led you to the breakup. It's the collection of things. If you think it is one thing, by all means, let us know because there's so many reasons as to why I think the NBA has left a bad taste.
Speaker 1: In our mouth.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of times in a breakup, someone will ask you like, oh, why'd you guys ended what happened? And they're expecting some monumental like yeah, I caught her cheating, or like uh you know, uh, you know she was terrible to me. You always think there's some type of monumental reason as to why the breakup happened. Yeah, sometimes it's like ten little things add up. And right now I have a list of some NBA things that I think all compiled for years people have argued about load management. In fact, it have to be you said, you said the other day you looked at a Lakers lineup that you couldn't believe was on the floor, bunch and nobody's from.
Speaker 1: Nowhereville when they were playing the Spurs.
Speaker 10: Danny G Yeah, I don't have that. I don't have the line up in front of me. It was all the bench players. Yeah, that normally would go in in the fourth quarter during a blowout. Those were the starters. Sent me the starters, he was like, and I was like, who the hell is that? And again Lebron's out because it was a Kobe we never heard of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Load management, all these injuries, all the time.
Speaker 2: You got fans going there, spending money to see their favorite players, and you're taking that risk are they playing or not. We had a buddy from out of town in the studio the other day and luckily Lebron played that night. But there was like a you know, a feeling of is even playing.
Speaker 1: There's no Luca. I mean, it's never going to be a full line up.
Speaker 10: Here was the Lakers starters versus the Spurs, Kobe Buffkin, Luke Canard, Jake La Ravia, Ruey and Jackson hay So Ruy Okay but the rest, Uh, yeah, you ever heard of Kobe Buffkin.
Speaker 1: That's the LA Laker, Kobe Blumkin.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: And you know what, here's I know Rich.
Speaker 2: You know we were talking about this before the show, and I know you wrote down a bunch of reasons and load management has to be a top one just rubs people the wrong way, and we get it.
Speaker 1: How about this?
Speaker 2: I saw something else too, and I agree completely. I saw a theory against social media theory, but I agree with it, and it was have young NBA players forgotten how to celebrate? Is it a young athlete sort of thing? Or is it just in the NBA where you see so much fire? Like the most fire and fury we've seen recently was that brawl that we were talking about the other day. But for example, when the Oklahoma City Thunder won last year, there was like no celebration. They like high five of each other, They like they won a random game in May.
Speaker 1: Are we lying? Are we lying?
Speaker 2: How could we be excited about something when they don't even seem excited about it?
Speaker 1: What about this? How about the legends always putting down today's game? That doesn't help.
Speaker 2: That's another one that that's another thing I want we ad one more. Not that we care about awards that much, but like the MVP, the MVP is going to be someone that doesn't deserve it because don't the new rules d energy not allow someone to even be a possibility if they haven't played a certain number of games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Braun does not qualify, like.
Speaker 2: To certain people that are like, oh, it didn't even qualify anymore. So is there one thing for you or is it just a collection of things? Do you have Lebron fatigue? Like what is it? Because the truth is we all love basketball. We want to watch the NBA. You know what it feels like rich, It feels like Stranger Things like finishing the last season for me, Like, yeah, I want to watch, but there's something preventing me from caring enough.
Speaker 1: You like, oh tonight to night.
Speaker 2: And then you sit down and you start scrolling through other stuff on Netflix, like no, I came here to watch the final Stranger Thing season and you end up watching like the New Bark Crusher show. Was it one thing for you or just a collection of things? There's more things we could add to the list. Oh you know what if you want to be to quote one of my favorite movie with Disney Movies and my kids wreck it, Ralph, if you want to be fixed Felix, Hey, if you were fixing Felix, how we fixing the NBA?
Speaker 1: What is the fix that's needed? I got one, but it's too late now.
Speaker 2: If some monster trade did go down before the deadline, I think we would have got a lot more buzz.
Speaker 1: For the NBA.
Speaker 2: I think Yannis, especially like Yannis Yanis yannest the fact that he ended up staying. I appreciate the loyalty, but it was really anti climacting. Yeah, so you know what your thoughts? How would you quote fix it Felix eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox, we'll take your feedback next the NBA, A bunch of little things seem to be adding up, and it feels like it's in a little trouble right now. And it's not just us because I saw Dan Patrick, I saw Rich Eyes, and I think I saw Nick Wright had like his qualm saying he had a good suggestion.
Speaker 1: But we'll go over later. But all that and more NBA thoughts will do it next year on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Ready to tackle your financial goals with WEE Bowl. You don't have to just sit on the sidelines. Whether you're a rookie or a pro, we will puts you in the game with tools to help you make the moves you want. Trade stocks, options, ETFs, or play the long game with cash management and retirement accounts, all on one platform.
Speaker 1: Weebel.
Speaker 2: We Bowl pairs advanced analytics with real time data, so you could read the defense, adjust your strategy, stay in control, and now they have AI meet they uh the personal assistant. You could ask things like analyze my watch list, what's the outlook for the stock and get real time stock analysis, volatility insights and fundamentals that turn complex signals into plain english. Want a wider view of the field, use portfolio x ray to spot trends, manage risk, and optimize the performance of your portfolio. Stop punning your financial future. Join Weebol's community to discuss markets, trending topics and ideas with fellow investors. Download the wee Bowl app today or mobile or desktop we bowlwe bu ll or visit we bowl dot com.
Speaker 1: We both financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk.
Speaker 3: For more information, visit we bul dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome back to the Showgram program, Covino Enrich the world famous CNR. Perhaps you heard of us all week basically you heard Fernando Gate. Oh yeah, so the buzz everything all of us due gods, can't stop talking. Anyway, we're that show. And if you missed any of our interviews, the ones we actually had from Super Bowl, we had a blast out there. They're all on YouTube Covino and Rich FSR. In fact, follow now, subscribe now for free, Send it to a friend Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube because right after the show, an hour and a half from now, we go live on over Promised. It's our bonus podcast, and I'll tell you this, We're gonna talk some WWE who.
Speaker 1: Might be asked this week. It might be you who might be asked. We'll let you know. Plus, if you got.
Speaker 2: The NFL blues, no more football, the NFL blues, we're gonna fix that for you on over Promised right after this show, right on YouTube. But we're streaming live right now so you can watch what you hear. I'm Covino, that is Rich, Danny G's here, Sam Spotty's on the videos. Dan Buyer's got your update in just a few minutes. But the question is Fox Sports Radio Nation, is the NBA in trouble and why?
Speaker 1: What do they need to do?
Speaker 2: If you were to fix it, what's your solution. Let's uh, you know, let's solve eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. And if there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it with life in the Fox Sports Radio studio. And have you ever wiped with a piece of dry toilet paper rich and wondered is it as good as against just not switched to Life changing wet extra large fleshable dude wipes because wetter just cleans better. Vailed on Amazon and all major retailers nationwide. Dudewipes best clean pants down. All right, let's go to your feedback right now at eight seven seven nine nine on Fox.
Speaker 1: Whether or not the NBA is in trouble, that's for you to decide.
Speaker 2: I haven't even mentioned I think the number one it's either load management or the fact that everybody in the league thinks they're Steph Curry. I'm not the guy who's saying Steph Curry ruined the game, or as you would say, ruined. But when everyone's down up threes, go to any playground in the country, you'll see the impact Steph Curry had on the league. Everyone's dowing up threes. It changes the game and it's less fun as a result, because not everybody is Steph Curry. So that's that's an obvious obvious reason?
Speaker 1: Is that the reason? Or is there more? Is there a way you could fix it?
Speaker 9: Let us know?
Speaker 10: You know what, though, Covino, I think the youngsters would rather see threes be shot up than like a lot of defense that the Thunder play. And you know what I'm saying, Like the Thunder haven't won the NBA title by jacking up tons of threes.
Speaker 2: I think you said something that I want. I hate giving you credit, but why give me the credit? Bro? The the vibe of excitement isn't there when a team is winning. They're the they're all too cool, like just gentle high fives or like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not seeing like a passion level or rivalries or feuds. Give me the feud in the NBA right now, give me the flight to fight a few nights ago. So they are fine and suspended. I'm like Joe, they should be giving them high fives and bonus. So what's the feudal, the most excitement I've seen in the NBA, most most passion and fury I've seen in months.
Speaker 1: And you told me, like, you can name other sports.
Speaker 2: And tell me sweet division rivals or you know, legacy rivalries. Give me one of the NBA right now that excites you, like who's playing who? And you're like, oh, I gotta one. Thunder and Spurs is what NBA fans like to see?
Speaker 3: That easy?
Speaker 2: You know, those are your two teams that you feel like would be the favorites out of the West. But is that really any bad blooder history there? We're trying to learn though, but we shouldn't be talking more about how dominant the Pistons have been playing, how scary they seem to be in the NBA. But instead we're talking about Olympic sex. Right, So what is it about the NBA that's that's turned you off? How do we fix it? And by the way, we're not saying, hey, we're done with the NBA. Hell no, I want to love the NBA. I want to get back into it. We want you to feel the same way. So let's chop it up, Let's get to the phones, let's say what's up. Eight, seven, seven ninety nine. How many people in Olympic village you think have said keep the medal on, just the medal, just.
Speaker 1: Sany g Who do we got? Man?
Speaker 10: Let's start in the state where basketball was invented, Massachusetts. James is on what's up James?
Speaker 1: You know what James?
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, I think I think it's the cynicality. I think that, uh, you took away the pin cali out of the game.
Speaker 7: And it's literally taking the competitive fire as of somebody.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we've all been out there, We've all we've all been out there.
Speaker 7: You know, you go and mess around, you want to go shoot around? Yeah, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 1: When Danny G said that what Danny G said.
Speaker 2: But I think the kids want to see these threes, And maybe he's right because they're they're playing that way and that's what they like. But when you're doing that, you are taking away the physicality from the game. You're not driving to the lane, you're shooting the ball. Hey, if I'm playing a game of pickup Danny G, and I don't want to get hurt, and I don't really want to break a sweat.
Speaker 1: I'm shooting too. I'm the old guy in the court.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's just hard to put your finger on right now because SGA drives to the hoop all the time and people have something to say about that because they think he's trying to draw too many fouls.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, like, you know me, I always got an answer for I always have an answer. But much like Kanye's Sway back in the day, I don't got the answer to Sway, I don't got the I don't have the answer.
Speaker 1: I wish I had the answer. It's like why I'm less interested?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Else?
Speaker 2: I'm really trying to pick r buzz. I've tried to pinpoint the man I really have. I've tried to say to myself, what is it that I'm not rarely trying to find an NBA game on a Tuesday night when I'm chilling at home.
Speaker 1: What is it like?
Speaker 2: Or there's a lot of buzz on social media too, because I try to follow it, like the trends and what's going on and what are people saying about it?
Speaker 1: And there's a buzz that there.
Speaker 2: It's a young man's game, so it's really not it's not relatable to anyone in their not even that's old.
Speaker 1: But in their forties. For the most part, it's like they're marketing more to a younger mindset. Is that possible. I don't know what's up debut.
Speaker 5: I think, to me, what changed for our generation? And then this isn't for the younger generation. But our generation was when we started comparing Lebron and Michael Jordan and Jordan's six rings, which put all the importance of the NBA season on the two months at the end of the year the player, and then for some years during Lebron's time, it was only the finals, like we didn't even care. The regular season didn't matter, The first couple of rounds didn't matter. The Cavs weren't gonna be losing the and I'm talking about a second stint that he that he had in Cleveland. They were bound to meet the Warriors in the finals, right, So, like those seasons were just complete washes because we felt like we knew what the ending was going to be. And I've I had the Bucks season of them winning a title. But honestly, it's difficult to come back from that to find it exciting again. When we put so much weight on rings in championships, in the playoffs, you're so dead.
Speaker 2: On because it's the opposite of the NFL. We're week to week, we are so invested in the outcomes of week seven in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, you're right. The Lebron and.
Speaker 2: MJ comparisons put such an overemphasis on is he gonna catch MJ?
Speaker 1: Six rings?
Speaker 3: Guess what?
Speaker 2: John Stockton and Carl Malone never won a ring. I really liked watching them. Patrick Gwey in the Knicks, and John Starks and Jimmy Mason, they were great. Reggie Miller and the in the out of Pacers and Barkley Ainge and Marley and that team with the Suns. They never won anything. Sean Kemp and the Sonics, Portland Trailblazers, or Clyde the Glide. There were teams you like watching play that never won anything.
Speaker 1: They were battling.
Speaker 2: You watched it, but you watched them throughout the season and still enjoyed it. We almost had this emphasis that if you're not gonna win the NBA Finals or like catch someone, then it does.
Speaker 1: What's the point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it also feels like nothing matters till the playoffs. It also feels like nothing matters until the last two minutes of the game, it feels like nobody's playing defense, and that's the stuff we're used to, right, you know, I see some of the scores, Danny G. Sometimes I'm just you know, seeing looking at the scores. They like All Star Games scores, So it's like, is anyone playing defense? They're just hitting threes the whole time.
Speaker 10: I bet you guys couldn't name the rookie who's on the heels of Cooper flag right now for the Rookie of the Year race. And I think the disconnect between us and the youngsters in the NBA is before when they stayed at one college program for all long time, we kind of built a rapport with them and followed them, and that doesn't happen anymore. Now they come right to the NBA.
Speaker 5: I think that's a I think that's a way in that maybe the generational thing too, that's happened for a while.
Speaker 10: Yeah, No, like there's just I think that's still part of the disconnect between us and the brand new players coming in.
Speaker 5: I almost consider men's college basketball a different sport than the NBA.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 2: The way you watched NFL, the way you watch college players, and you anticipate a product the way you anticipate a college star football player getting into the NFL.
Speaker 1: I don't feel that.
Speaker 2: I don't feel that same way about college hoops going to the NBA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's so much If you're a twenty two year old in college basketball, you're probably not even wanted in the NBA like they would have wanted you at eighteen and nineteen and twenty years old. The twenty two year old senior going to the NBA is such a rare case because of the needs of both leagues, And to Danny's point, maybe that's part of it. Maybe that's so that's of the NBA, with the type of player that they're bringing in that we just aren't familiar with. That could be that could be a gateway or an entry point why we're not interested. But I think it's an enormous question. I don't think that you can pinpoint one thing on why the NBA is.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason we bring it up is the NFL Blues are here and we're trying to shift our focus and I'm more excited about the WBC and that starts next month, so we got to get excited about the NBA. Well, let's go to dan buy for an update. We'll see what's going on in the world of sports. It's up dbak.
Speaker 5: It's a final now from the Winter Olympics. US men's hockey team getting their win, getting a win and their opener against Latvia. Five to one was the final. Canada beat Chuck. Yet earlier today five to nothing. Chloe Kim looking for her third straight gold in the women's halfpipe. You know the American snowboarder fell short. She won a silver in today's event. Speaking of the NBA, Jaron Jackson, junior of the Jazz We'll missed the rest of the season, had a had surgery to remove growth in his knee. Team expects him to be fine for training camp. Spurs Guardier and Fox is replacing Bucks forward Giannison Tetokumpo for this Sunday's All Star Game. Jeremy Sohan signing with the New York Knicks. Thunderguard Jalen Williams out tonight against Milwaukee with a strained hamstring. Phillies released offielder Nick Castianos. Dodgers gave Max Munci a one year extension worth ten million dollars. Key k Hernandez is also back with La at the at and t Pebble Beach pro am Rio. He'sa soone, he said, soone is at ten under par Rory McElroy and Scotti Scheffler also playing in the signature event. Rory has six shots back if he says, I gotta get this right. Guys, He's a soone. He's at ten under Rory, is at four under Scotty Scheffler is at even par. North Carolina freshman star Caleb Williams out indefinitely with a fracture in his non shooting hand. Back to you, guys, it sucks when you share a name with another star.
Speaker 1: Huh, Caleb, So.
Speaker 5: Did I say Williams? I'm sorry, Caleb Wilson, I'm sorry that. I'm glad you said it. I'm still stuck on he says, toune, but I always thought anyone that was named will Smith in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Man, Ah, poor guy, it's not the coolest will Smith.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dan Byers. Great update as always. Now coming up, we are gonna do a little show and tell, Yeah, and to throw it back Thursday, we go old school and fifty hits, but a little show and tell too, and we're gonna show our items right here on YouTube Coveno and Rich, FSR Covino and Rich Ephisar. We're not gonna tell you what they are, but if you can guess what they are, then you qualify for a prize. We got a prize pack available if you can guess what they are, we'll reveal by the end of the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a little show and tell on the show plus.
Speaker 2: Old School in fifty hits, we got more Coveno and Rich and your phone calls and feedback. How do we fix the NBA? Why is it in trouble? We'll wrap that up next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Well, have you ever wiped with a piece of single ply toilet paper and wondered? Is this as good as it gets?
Speaker 1: I hope not. Well it's not.
Speaker 2: Gets a lot better things to wet out of extra large cleaning power of dudewipes.
Speaker 1: And when we say extra large, we mean business.
Speaker 2: No matter what the size of your mess, from top to bottom, dudes has you covered for a confident clean They comfortably clean up whatever TP leaves behind for No more maintenance wipes, debris, no way, irritation, not a chance. It's time to make the trade traded the season and switch from TP to wet extra large dudewipes and start experiencing the confident clean of dudewipes made from one hundred percent plant based natural fibers coming in a variety of sense and sensations like Rich's favorite mint chill and chad shade butter.
Speaker 1: To protect your Enzo, join.
Speaker 2: The movement for a cleaner movement and live a skid free life. See this Hope for You Cavino, available on Amazon and all major retailers nationwide. Dudewipes best Clean Pants down now again. We're not pulling a Charles Barklay and just dumping on the game because it's not the game we grew up with. We want to love it again, and we're sort of confused as to why we're not jumping on it.
Speaker 1: Rich. You ever have like a I don't know a beautiful woman? YEA many times? Why oh no, Well you're sitting.
Speaker 2: There You're like, I don't know, man, she's hot and everything, but I don't know. It's just something that I'm just not that excited.
Speaker 7: Can I get you? Man?
Speaker 2: That's how the NBA is grew up loving it. Great star players, great athletes.
Speaker 1: That's how it.
Speaker 2: Feels right at the moment, at least for us. And we're not alone because I feel the buzz. And let me tell you, I'm not one of the old old heads that are like ah, back in the day, those guys would whoop them today. In fact, I feel like if you got today's All Star team, they'd whoop previous generations just because humans have evolved and these.
Speaker 1: Guys play with a different athleticism.
Speaker 2: Well, we got two phone calls, wrap it up, and then old school in fifty hits. It's Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio, and speaking of the NBA, is time for our ti I rack Play of the day. The Spurs are unstoppable right now.
Speaker 9: Scot Spencer takes it into the Hey this shop block by Victor and here come the Spurs looking to punch Dylan Harper right side, Harper at Zaki getting down. Hell, lady's it up for two more and it's a seven point lead to the Spurs, one out three ninety six, and it does in for Dylan Harper.
Speaker 1: Somebody stop him. The Spurs are unstoppable.
Speaker 2: They beat the Warriors one twenty six, one thirteen courtesy of twelve hundred news radio w AI Spurs Radio Network.
Speaker 1: That's a tyrect play of the day.
Speaker 2: And for over forty years, Tyrec's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free, free road has a protection, you know, all the good stuff. Tyraq hooks you guys up all at tyrec dot com. The way tire buying should be.
Speaker 1: And uh, Danny g do we want to take two quick phone calls? Then old school?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sty really quick.
Speaker 1: Really really quick.
Speaker 3: They've been holding Larry in Vegas, Larry, make it snappy?
Speaker 1: What up Larry's going on?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Henybody's up, Lair.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say, someone addressed the elephant in the room. You know what it really is? I think it is, Well, it's too many of europe stars. All the Stars is really like Luca Jokids and things like that. In America. There's not really a poles allizing American star that really could just hold that spot like that.
Speaker 3: Lebron Larry Larry.
Speaker 2: That's not a crazy thought because it like when you when you say out loud, you're like, oh, I hope I'm not saying anything wrong, but you're right, there's no real American star, black white, Asian cur You know, it doesn't matter when you when European players have taken over. You know, I always thought that hockey there was a disconnect because the stars were very foreign sounding to.
Speaker 1: Us, like all the names are hard to pronounce.
Speaker 2: There is something to be said about European big goonish type of guys, like a yok taken over. Unfortunately or for whatever reason, it's a little less relatable, and it proves what we started this conversation with. Much like a failed relationship, it's not just one thing, it's a collection of things.
Speaker 3: All right, Rob and Tulsa thirty seconds.
Speaker 7: Buddy, all right, guys.
Speaker 8: So, yeah, the players art is easy to as they used to be, and we can't get to know him because they're not playing college and they're they're getting paid incredible amounts of money and they're just not relatable like.
Speaker 9: They used to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not relatable. It's hard to know him.
Speaker 2: And I think maybe because they're media trained in savvy that they're quiet and not maybe as open to say things that might be like, oh listen to what they said. All right, now, it's old school and fifty hits. We're gonna just set you up real quick. Start thinking about things you love because of your parents, and we're gonna explain.
Speaker 1: It involves James Vanderbeek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the late great Vanderbeek, who he lost at forty eight years old call of rectal cancer. And you saw the beautiful messages from Stacy Keebler, Alfonso Robero.
Speaker 1: Who he found out is the godfather of one of his kids.
Speaker 3: All the money raised for his family.
Speaker 2: Over one point four million recently, right, that's the last I checked on his GoFundMe. There was obviously a financial strain because of his cancer and everything else and the treatments. He has six kids, and that's the thing. He was a great dad, husband, father, dad, six kids. He leaves behind six kids. So we started thinking of things you love because of your parents. Get to your phone calls and feedback. Next, Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.