Speaker 1: What's up. We're giving you a little extra fun always on a Saturday. Hey, it's working Jeffrey in the morning, and you found the podcast, uh huh. And today we give you two double classics, with the idea being that maybe on the weekend you need something a little bit longer to get your life finished. Whether it's chores. I know a lot of people listen to a lot of chores or they're falling asleep. Yeah, we get a lot of both of those, yes, yep, or drive in whatever it is. And we love reading your comments.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and this listener also listens to us when they do something else. They said, you have a listener in Columbia. I'm always listening to you guys when walking my dogs, and I look a little funny when laughing out loud while crossing the streets in Columbia.
Speaker 3: Do your dogs, jah joh John laugh along with you?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's one of the most beautiful countries. That's awesome. Thank you so much. Ysting wherever you are and enjoy the next two classic second date updates.
Speaker 5: The most disappointing thing about a good rom com is knowing that relation ships aren't like that. In real life. I mean, when I've been walking down the street and like a gorgeous woman has only tripped and fallen directly into my arms like four or five.
Speaker 1: Times or never, Jeff.
Speaker 5: And then there was that one time I accidentally swapped bodies with a thirteen year old in a lightning storm. I moved, I became a kid for a week while they dated my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: That's kind of weird. Yeah, But other than that, never never happened, never never becomes reality now.
Speaker 5: But today one of our listeners decided his goal was to bring the magic of rom coms to his dating life, and he went all out with it. You're gonna hear it in your second Date update right after this Second Date updated. Man, we've been hearing from our listeners, especially in the last couple of years, that the dating landscape is more bleak than ever.
Speaker 1: But like this is the theme song for it, Jeff.
Speaker 5: We know what I do. Appreciate the guys out there who aren't backing down and aren't giving up. For sure, it's tough for them to land a date, but when they do, they get creative with it. I love that, like a dumpster diving dinner date.
Speaker 1: We did have that Yeah, that was misguided effort.
Speaker 5: But unique or a blindfolded romantic trust walk across a freeway.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Nothing brings you together like that type of experience.
Speaker 1: You're very far apart depending on who gets hit, well, it'll bring you together in the same hospital room.
Speaker 5: And one of our listeners, Ben said he went creative with his date idea and before we even hear it, Brook's gonna give her sign of approval just for trying.
Speaker 1: Whenever you ask for my approval before I hear something, it's usually because something is not a good idea.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what the date it is.
Speaker 1: You don't, okay, then I think it's good for you.
Speaker 6: Ben.
Speaker 1: I love the Yeah, sorry, I thought I was getting tricked by free That happens a lot on the show.
Speaker 3: That you don't trust any Mann.
Speaker 1: No, I just don't trust him.
Speaker 6: It's true.
Speaker 5: We want to hear what was this creative date idea that you came up with.
Speaker 6: So in order to understand this date, you kind of have to understand, like how we bonded. Okay, So Amanda and I we met on an app and we bonded over movies, like we both really love movies.
Speaker 1: If you were about to say you took her to the movie theater and that's the strange part hang up on him.
Speaker 6: But yeah, so I had this idea that our first date would be like a movie theme a.
Speaker 1: Movie theme date, not going to the movies, but movie theme.
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: Well, I thought about it. I wanted to have something to be memorable, and so I thought, well I could, maybe we could. I could pick a movie where we had that experience in date for him.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so you did Air Force one together and hijack the plane.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well yeah, I was thinking like date movies, but I like your ideas too, But what did you go with? I decided to do like different movie scenes because I couldn't think of a whole movie from start to finish make a good date.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what'd you pick?
Speaker 5: The recreating famous date movie scenes.
Speaker 6: Like iconic scenes from movies like for example, the first thing we did was we had a Shrek themed picnic.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's a cute thing.
Speaker 5: Of course, Brook thinks a swamp date is cute as.
Speaker 2: Long as she figures out the movie associated with it.
Speaker 5: She got it.
Speaker 6: She got it right away. Well, it helped. I was talking like Shrek too, you know, it's doing my Shrek voice.
Speaker 1: So what was next? What happened after the Shrek Picnic?
Speaker 6: Then I wanted to do like an activity and it was this pottery studio right around the corner from the pond.
Speaker 1: Like Patrick Swayze ghosts what.
Speaker 6: You're saying, that's exactly it. So we had the potter wheel.
Speaker 5: And well, hold on, did you die and come back as a ghost first? In order to do this problem?
Speaker 6: No, I kept my shirt on.
Speaker 1: You didn't awkwardly go behind her, did you?
Speaker 6: Maybe I did, but you know it's a weird or I think.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: What was her response?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 6: I think she said, are you really doing this?
Speaker 7: Said?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean all right.
Speaker 5: Are you really doing this? As in like, wow, this is impressive? Are you seriously going through this much effort?
Speaker 1: Tone is going to be really important on that sentence, and unfortunately we cannot rect.
Speaker 5: I'm going to assume that she loved it, so I thought she was.
Speaker 6: I thought she was into it. She even said that Ghost was one of her favorite movies.
Speaker 1: So she told so she said, to.
Speaker 5: Take us to the third and final love scene. What was the movie? You went with there.
Speaker 6: So at the end, I had a couple of options.
Speaker 5: Okay, let her choose.
Speaker 6: So I told her, like, we could do the dirty dance thing lift.
Speaker 5: Are you even physically capable of that?
Speaker 6: I think I could take her?
Speaker 1: I think, did you really leaning into these? Patrick Swayze? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What was the other option?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 6: What I thought would be really really cool special moment is the upside down kiss from Spider Man. Oh wow, I thought that would be the perfect way to end off the scene.
Speaker 1: How would you do that?
Speaker 5: Hould her upside down?
Speaker 6: There was a tree out there with a branch there.
Speaker 1: It is did you really hang upside down from a tree?
Speaker 5: Which one did she choose?
Speaker 6: Actually, she didn't choose either one of those?
Speaker 1: Probably for the best.
Speaker 6: What she recommended that we do the handshake scene from Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 5: Oh I don't know, I remember.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: In other words, she just gave me a handshake, very firm handshake.
Speaker 5: All right, So is that how you guys left it? With a firm handshake?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, that was it. And she thanked me for the dates. That was really cool and thoughtful, And and I told her I'd like to see her again, and she said, yeah, let's see if we can make that happen.
Speaker 5: We just went over a list of things that people say that they don't really mean, and that was one of the top ones.
Speaker 1: Somebody, we'll totally get together. Yeah, sure, have you contacted her?
Speaker 6: I texted her and I messaged her in the app, and I haven't heard from well, I haven't heard back from her, And so that's why I was hoping that you guys can help me hook up that Spider Man kiss.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean you put in a lot of effort. Whether or not we agree that they were great ideas or not, just the effort alone is worth another shot.
Speaker 3: You're even this. He's on a radio show to get her back.
Speaker 5: It should be Oh, is that sleepless sleepless in Seattle? She calls into a radio show. She does, We're going to go full sleepless on this girl when we do your second date up dates.
Speaker 1: I do kind of remember that.
Speaker 5: Now we're gonna hook you up on top of the Empire State Building when we do.
Speaker 1: At least the end is definitely Empire State Building a new movie. I mean, you haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: No, Alexis, leave the room. We're gonna do a second date update right after this second date update. Three romantic movie scenes recreated in one very steamy.
Speaker 1: Date because the pond next to them love.
Speaker 5: Them moisture coming up from that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Our listener Bend bonded with a woman named Amanda over their shared love of cinema, so he thought it'd be fun to recreate the swamp picnic from the Shrek movie.
Speaker 1: It's actually really cute.
Speaker 5: The pottery scene from Ghost, and after she rejected the upside down Spider Man kiss, they settled on a regular handshake.
Speaker 1: Okay, very business like Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 5: That's right hot. Now did something been in the middle of all that stuff? Because those movie scenes sounded really great? But Ben, I need to ask you. When you were reaching around her at the pottery place, you were feeling normal? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh god?
Speaker 6: Jeff oh yeah, yeah, what you mean?
Speaker 1: Brook?
Speaker 5: You know how these go? I mean we had asked that question, but you understand the physical reaction that pottery has on a man. When you stick your hands into that clay. You can't control what your body does.
Speaker 1: It does for me, what happened in your art class in high school? Jeffrey, I don't want to know.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll ask my art teacher to send you the video if you're really that interesting the videos. Yes, Ben, it was all kosher in the pottery place.
Speaker 6: It was just pottery.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the best answer. Pottery is really hard. Yeah, like I've taken a pottery class before.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of us are feeling hot right now?
Speaker 1: Do you not say anything?
Speaker 7: That's right?
Speaker 5: Let's get more people in on this action. Were dialing Amanda right now here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Amanda. Is she Hey Amanda, my name is jeff You're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Hey Amanda, Oh, Amanda, good morning.
Speaker 5: Don't hang up.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hi, you're pretty chill. She's cool.
Speaker 7: What's up.
Speaker 5: We're doing a segment called a second Date Update, which is where we try and help out our listeners after they've gone out with somebody and they'd like to see them again, try and figure out if there's a reason why the second meetup hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: And so the guy that reached out to us about you, his name is Ben. Okay, yeah, does that make sense?
Speaker 7: That does make sense?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 5: So basically, we have heard from Ben about your guys, is recreate a movie date.
Speaker 1: He put a lot of thought and energy into it because he was really excited about you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I don't know how many details he gave you.
Speaker 7: A lot.
Speaker 5: We heard Shrek Ghost and then you guys settled on a Wolf of Wall Street thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and shake at the end.
Speaker 9: Okay, which was your right let me yes ghast pottery, which was very like creative and cute, and I did like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he.
Speaker 8: Had told me that the last thing was going to be a surprise. He wasn't going to like tell me until the end. And he kept bringing up during the other dates, like you know, we could stop this right now and just do pretty woman.
Speaker 1: Pretty woman, Oh where he pays you for your services?
Speaker 9: Yeah, where he's a businessman and she's a hooker.
Speaker 1: You know, he wanted to be the person who took you shopping. That's probably what he.
Speaker 5: Meant, a hook Yeah, she's very respectable in that movie.
Speaker 1: But he wanted to kiss. They don't kiss a pretty woman.
Speaker 9: Even if even if he did mean I want to take you shopping, that's a strange thing for a first date, and like it was already pretty elaborate, you guys. It was the first date, Like, I just met this guy.
Speaker 1: So wait, you're upset that he brought up pretty Woman because that made you feel used? Is that what it is?
Speaker 8: It just was a little oogie Okay, his intentions didn't feel great.
Speaker 5: But ogre swamp picnic felt right to you.
Speaker 9: It was multiple references to that, you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see what you're feeling. Young people call it the from Okay, I think.
Speaker 1: Very similar.
Speaker 7: Before that.
Speaker 5: When I don't want to like bring up any more icky ug feelings, but I do need to tell you that Ben is on the other line right now listening to this conversation, and he does want to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Beny there, I am here, and let me tell you I feel exactly like the guys from Dude, where's my car? Right now?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? You're hungover?
Speaker 7: On your back, you're high?
Speaker 1: Like, what do you mean that?
Speaker 6: Like, I'm just totally confused, you know.
Speaker 1: Confused or something that you know liked confused in the title.
Speaker 5: Why are you so confused?
Speaker 6: Well, I just had no idea, Like so when I suggested pretty Woman, I mean I was thinking about like the romance element you know, like the fact that these two people like really hit it off and fell in love. I forgot she was a prostitute. That's not why I was bringing that up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the whole plot of the movie.
Speaker 1: You could have chosen something better.
Speaker 6: Well, it definitely was not my intention. I was not trying to imply that you were a prostitute in any way.
Speaker 1: You have to say that after it's always a good things, not try to imply that.
Speaker 7: Okay, I totally get it.
Speaker 5: Are you hearing him, Amanda? Do you see where he's coming from.
Speaker 7: I don't know how you forget that part?
Speaker 3: Yeah, escort thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's kind of the key.
Speaker 1: So wait, are you not believing him, Amanda? Is that the issue?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I guess not.
Speaker 5: Well, you got to look on the bright side, Amand at least he didn't bring up Silence of the Lambs. Yeah, thank you and turn you into.
Speaker 9: There was no less nor skin like, there were no buckets involved in the date.
Speaker 7: I appreciate.
Speaker 5: Okay, see now we're thinking, we're thinking positive here.
Speaker 6: I also kind of meant it as a compliment because I think you are a pretty woman.
Speaker 3: That's what Alexis just said. You can hear what she's saying too.
Speaker 5: So this is a little bit awkward.
Speaker 6: Right now, A little yeah.
Speaker 5: But the way that we can make this all better is if Amanda, you're willing to give Ben one more chance at another date. You could pick any other movie scene that you want to do, or just a non movie.
Speaker 1: You could do a do over and do fifty first dates you know where he forgets every.
Speaker 5: Time, So we're fifty shades of first date, you know.
Speaker 7: So if you guys are going to send us to Hawaii, then I'm in.
Speaker 3: But I have the money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we'll pay for the taxi to the airport, then you handle the rest. So Ben, do you have another date idea? If she says yes, well.
Speaker 3: Does it have to be movies?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, Well, I mean that's how they bonded.
Speaker 6: Movies are kind of our thing.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, i'd really like to do like a basic instinct.
Speaker 1: That's like a scary stalker, isn't it.
Speaker 5: He meant it as like she's pretty.
Speaker 6: She's beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 5: Ben, I'm gonna ask you again, maybe try something different, maybe a little bit more romantic this time.
Speaker 1: You started with Shrek Dude, some.
Speaker 5: Cute what movie do you have in mind for that second date, Bud.
Speaker 6: I'll be honest, I keep thinking about this and how but I don't know how we could turn it into a date. But my favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. It's a dance scene, the swing.
Speaker 5: Dance scene, all right, you know, Ben, I think just a Harry Potter dy like, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 8: Ben?
Speaker 5: I think your heart is in the right place, for sure, but your mind is.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just like a lot of movies.
Speaker 5: I just like your mind is scaring her though, Ben?
Speaker 1: So is she even on the phone.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Amanda. Are you still there?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I'm not sure why.
Speaker 5: Well, Amanda, I'm sorry for all of this, but best of luck in the dating pool. Ben, you got a lot of work to do. Yeah, Man, I go away from movies.
Speaker 1: Maybe stick with coms, dude, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can try that. I guess. I am really super disappointed, though. I did put a lot of work into that, and that's that's I don't know if she remembers, but my outfit at the picnic was very reminiscent of Shrek, and I just, you know, I feel like I should give credit.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 5: The good news is a lot of single women are hearing this right.
Speaker 1: Now, And.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: You know what, that could have been a really sweet second date, so close to rom com perfection, but he ended up being weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean it wasn't subtle like I see a slipping in movies.
Speaker 1: There, But I mean, and she tried, she tried to like it, she tried to get on with it, and then she's like, no, my gut is telling me that something's something's off.
Speaker 5: You know what. I do believe there is a woman out there somewhere right now thinking when is a guy finally gonna treat me like a high priced I deserve that. That's my dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to relate a little more.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you somebody out there for everybody, and we can help you find them. Email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. And don't you hate it when you're having a normal conversation with someone that you're interested in and then out of the blue they say, yeah, I had a good weekend too, other than getting arrested for selling smuggled gin chillas on the black market. Other than that, totally normal. I mean, it's hard to know how to react properly to something that's shocking. True. That's exactly how our listener Vincent felt when he got a text from his date right before they were supposed to go out, and immediately it changed everything. You're gonna find out what she said in your second date update right after this second date update. Does it change your mentality? If you're going out on a date with someone and you find out they went to Harvard versus like a community college or something or school, I gotta tell a whole.
Speaker 3: Different set of jokes on today.
Speaker 1: I imagine immediately trust fund kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah is that bad?
Speaker 1: I was smart, but I was completes.
Speaker 5: I see where you're coming from. Like if I matched with a woman who was a Harvard grad, I know what I'm thinking. What she can do my Texas? I got to bring my Quicken to the restaurant so that she can take care of that for me while she handles our bill. Here's my one nine form.
Speaker 3: Can you help.
Speaker 1: How many jobs you you know, they still have communications majors there, right.
Speaker 5: I don't believe it, but now, seriously, it is possible to get a little intimidated before the date even happens. And apparently that was the case for one of our listeners, Vincent, But it had nothing to do with the school that she attended. Vincent, what did you get intimidated by?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 6: Y'all?
Speaker 4: So, uh, I met this girl on an app Blair, and she texted me beforehand that she was going to be running late because she had a therapy session that was going along.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh that's actually a good thing.
Speaker 4: So well, so I replied, are you in therapy? And she said, no, she's the therapist.
Speaker 1: Oh I am so with you. Oh boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have friends that are therapists, and every time I leave a conversation, I'm like, they were judging me. I just know it.
Speaker 3: And we're talking to a girl on tender Ones and she's like, yeah, I'm a therapist, but don't worry, I won't analyze you. And I'm like, yeah, right, you will.
Speaker 5: Is that how you felt, Vincent?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, you guys hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 4: I was immediately nervous because she was going to be you know, smart and analytical. And I actually changed the location. I text her a different address to like a nicer, more upscale boll.
Speaker 5: She knows she's not just breaking down you as a person, She's breaking down all of the choices that you make too. So probably a good call.
Speaker 1: So funny. Did it make you more nervous?
Speaker 4: Oh for sure? Yeah. I mean I actually started to feel hyper aware. And I think I just like say, sat and everything I was saying, and I just think I came off weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, you were.
Speaker 5: Uncomfortable, so you still did go out on the date?
Speaker 4: Then? Uh, yeah, we met in person and she was really beautiful and nice and like very warm.
Speaker 1: Okay, and did you get an invoice for your session?
Speaker 4: Well, she actually made a joke just like that. She said I was listening a lot and she was talking and maybe she should pay me.
Speaker 1: That's a big compliment.
Speaker 5: Were you like trying to be really listening and attentive to her? Was that an accident an accident or it could.
Speaker 1: Be just how he is as a person. I feel like it's out of fear that she'll notice any red.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I go in like wanting to be super confident, and then I say nothing, and I'm like, oops, is that the case?
Speaker 4: I did try to listen more than I spoke, but then as soon as she called it out and I opened up a little bit more. And then if I'm being honest, and then I started to like talk about my own childhood. I had no idea how I got into it.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, okay, but childhood can be a common topic on a first date, right like where you grew up and.
Speaker 3: Or if you were bothing, like self deprecating, and I go, what was the vibe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, although I would say something that I think was like self deprecating and she'd inquire more about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you wanted to laugh there?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I just sort of feel like, maybe if I had been less worried and just more relaxed, and if you're.
Speaker 1: So intimidated by or do you want to go out with her again, like you think you can get rid of those nerves.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe after one date the nerves are gone and now you.
Speaker 5: Feel like you're comfortable.
Speaker 4: I honestly wish I could do a redo, because I really think that if I just took myself out of the equation.
Speaker 5: We would have a nice time, Okay.
Speaker 1: If I wasn't there, it would have been fantastic.
Speaker 5: So I don't want to think this for you. But is it possible that maybe you said too much about your childhood and the things you were into and the animals used to cut up and sew back together.
Speaker 1: As long as they were already dead. Yeah, well my uncle put a zipper on a squirrel once, serial killer.
Speaker 5: Not the right person. A second, I'm saying, do you think you you delved too deep into your own childhood with her?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. There's no squirrels with zippers in my past.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well it could be a totally different reason. How long has it been since you talked to her about a week ago?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, she's a career woman. Maybe she's just too busy. She's not even no one's.
Speaker 2: Too busy to text them one they like sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, yeah, that's sort of what I'm thinking too, because I've asked her if she wants to go out again and shook it back to me, but she won't actually answer the going out part.
Speaker 1: Oh, but she's so good at mine tricks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Harvard, Well, I'm excited to go mono emano with her on the phone and maybe get myself some free therapy. If she's up for it, about on her.
Speaker 3: And break her down live on the air. She's gonna cry.
Speaker 1: I wonder she takes our company's insurance.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're gonna ask her. I hope you're cool with that, Vincent. We're gonna take care of ourselves first and then try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Thanks, guys, whatever works.
Speaker 5: I'm up for man hold on second date update if you're just joining us, our listener. Vincent thinks he may have psyched himself out right before his first date started. Sounds like it because earlier that day he learned that Blair is a professional therapist, and that made him feel anxious, a little hesitant, worried that she might be super analytical of him. He should have felt excited, though.
Speaker 3: Really, I think everybody agreed that it was a little.
Speaker 5: Well, I've never had a therapy session end with my pants still on, although.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's not a good sign.
Speaker 5: Well I do pay extra for it, so anyway, there's a word therapy somewhere in there. His though his date ended fully clothed with a little bit of oversharing into his childhood past, so she wishes that he could get a redo on the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I think we've all been there where your mouth is just spewing out words and your head is.
Speaker 5: Like, no, don't say that, Vincent. If Blair does pick up here, we're not gonna mention that her job like affected your mindset for the date. We don't want her to know that.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I don't think it'd be good to be honest with a therapists used to it everybody. It seems like she'd understands.
Speaker 5: Well at least. We don't want to offer that up right off the bat.
Speaker 6: I'll give you that.
Speaker 5: Let's see how she felt about the date first. Are you cool with that?
Speaker 4: Vince?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Whatever the play is.
Speaker 5: Okay, play out.
Speaker 1: I mean the thing is, are you ready to be cool because eventually you will be on the phone with We don't need any more childhood stories, okay, or save an embarrassing one and toss it in there for us.
Speaker 5: We're down for a little bit of juice. So we're gonna dial Blair right now. We'll see if she picks up. Good luck to us all here. We go. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Blair.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is her.
Speaker 5: Hey Blair, how you doing today?
Speaker 7: I'm doing well? How are you?
Speaker 5: Thanks? Morning?
Speaker 1: Hey Blair. Welcome to the show show.
Speaker 7: Who is this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? This is a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Ah, oh okay. What can I help you with?
Speaker 5: Well, we have a lot of problems and we're hoping that you could work through them with us. You've got to pick one of us because it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: A long time.
Speaker 5: But there is actually a really big issue that we're looking to fix today right now on the phone with one of our listeners, that you went on a date with named Vincent.
Speaker 7: Ah oh okay, this is very fascinating. Why would he contact you?
Speaker 5: Well, because he really had a good time with you and he was hoping to see you again for another date, but that hasn't materialized yet, so he isn't sure if there's a reason why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how can I help?
Speaker 5: Well, maybe we could just start with what was your take on the date with Vincent? How did you feel about it?
Speaker 7: It was fine? It fine seems like a good word for it. He's beemed like a pleasant guy.
Speaker 5: It was fine. Isn't usually a good word?
Speaker 3: He well, that's why was there anything bad that happened? That's a good question.
Speaker 7: I mean he was a little nervous, but aren't we all when we're first meeting somebody, And.
Speaker 1: That could actually be kind of endearing because it means that he cares.
Speaker 5: Right, it's you get nervous when you meet people too. Sometimes she never gets nervous.
Speaker 1: Bro have any issues?
Speaker 3: Us issues?
Speaker 7: I see, So he told you what I do for a living.
Speaker 1: Yeah is that okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course he knows I'm a therapist, but he probably doesn't know I'm a past life regression therapist.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: I help individuals access memories or experienced from previous lifetime to address current emotional and psychological, spiritual She's like unlocked.
Speaker 5: No, because I've heard of people when they breakthroughs, they'll be like, I unlocked his memory for She's talking about like you were a king in the sixteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Waits therapy for other lives.
Speaker 5: Yes, how that affects who you are in this new life?
Speaker 3: She almost got my money. I would have signed up immediately.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, let's be polite. This is her career.
Speaker 3: Sorry I didn't understand fully.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's my apology. We we did not know that.
Speaker 7: Some people don't understand it. But it is something I've been practicing for over a decade.
Speaker 5: Okay, we did not know that specific We just heard therapist. Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: So what does that have to do though, with why you aren't calling him back? Well or you just explaining that to us.
Speaker 7: I usually don't have a personal connection to people that I date, but in this case I did. I was home and really thought about it. And I know this is going to sound silly. I believe in a past life he was my dog.
Speaker 5: Was your dog in a previous lifetime.
Speaker 7: I know what I know.
Speaker 1: How did you come to that realization? Walk us through the steps?
Speaker 7: I had many memories of rubbing his belly, him licking me like a dog. And I know it sounds silly, but what a coincidence. I mean this is I've been doing this a long time and I knew I felt some sort of connection and I couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 3: He's such a good boy. He found you all timelines.
Speaker 5: He found you again.
Speaker 1: So is dating your past dog off off the table?
Speaker 5: Because Brooks hometown that's encouraged.
Speaker 7: I know you're having fun with this and it seems weird. Well, but what do I say, Like, how do I tell him I can't date him? He was once my dog?
Speaker 1: I say, to your credit, you have been a really good sport with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we can tell you're not messing with us.
Speaker 5: The good news is you don't have to figure out how to tell him, because you already have. He's actually on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 3: Good, very well behaved.
Speaker 5: During this entire thing. Vincent, are you there?
Speaker 4: This is truly not where I thought.
Speaker 6: This was.
Speaker 1: None of us.
Speaker 5: Okay, talk to your previous owner. Say, hi, I'm Blair.
Speaker 4: So you're saying that you had like visions that I was your dog in another life.
Speaker 7: Yes, there's been multiple visions of me walking you around in a farm. Yeah, you didn't feel the connection either.
Speaker 4: I mean, I didn't put two and two together with a dog.
Speaker 5: Blair. Do you have like a century or a decade when this previous life happened.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is way back. This is the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 5: Oh oh look at that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, a working dog at that point.
Speaker 4: You know, how come I'm a dog and you're a human in these visions. It was I not a human before.
Speaker 7: There's nothing wrong with being a dog. I mean, animals are such a sacred part of our living, and it's just it's not something that you were once my dog. It's not something I now I will feel like I'm walking the fields to you every time I see you. It's not something I want to have in my romantic relationships.
Speaker 5: It's not that he was a dog in a past life. It's that he was your dog, Okay, because.
Speaker 3: You already had that connection.
Speaker 5: Trying to figure out where we go from, Vincent, this all makes sense to you, right, Really, that's the question, Brook.
Speaker 1: I need to see where his head is at, which tail is wagging? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you understanding what she's saying?
Speaker 4: I'm hearing it. I don't know if I'm understanding that.
Speaker 1: Your first question not what type of dog? But you can I mean, I've been thinking about that too, but I don't know what was popular back in the eighteen hundreds. Maybe espaniel, cattle dog, cat dog, cat Okay, yeah, energy those dogs.
Speaker 5: Vincent, you can understand where she's coming from. If you were in her position, you wouldn't want to date a woman who had previously been your fish or your cat or something, right, that'd be.
Speaker 4: This whole thing is weird. It's hard to believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what do you want to say.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I want to date in my old cat.
Speaker 1: Come on, I mean, if you look at it from the other perspective, right, Like dog is man's best friend, he's loyal, Like these are all good qualities in a relationship.
Speaker 5: This is Brook advocating for a human dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying, oh yeah, for her to give him a chance.
Speaker 4: Thank you Brook.
Speaker 5: Okay, so, Vincent, you're still interested in dating Blair even though previously you used to be her pet.
Speaker 4: I mean allegedly if I was her pet, I have no memory of it.
Speaker 1: Well until you go through a session with her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can absolutely help you with that. We can book a session right now.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, that's great, But what we're interested in booking is a date. If you're willing to give Vincent another shot.
Speaker 4: Listen, you said we had a pleasant time. You really don't think we can get past this.
Speaker 7: I would love to have a connection, but I don't think it's best that we date.
Speaker 5: But maybe she'd be willing to play fetch in the park with you. One time, I.
Speaker 1: Would know what we all wear in a past life.
Speaker 4: I bet no.
Speaker 5: I think you were probably a parrot jose.
Speaker 1: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Man as a dude. I thought being friend zoned is bad, but being pet zoned that's way worse.
Speaker 1: Do you call it past life zoned?
Speaker 3: A paste zone?
Speaker 5: Oh? It is brutal and there and there's nothing that you can even say as a guy in that position. Whether you believe it or not, it doesn't matter. In her mind. You're always just going to be that pet that she owned two hundred years ago on that farm.
Speaker 3: Dude has been trying to hump her leg for hundreds of years.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's enough to know about somebody's current life.
Speaker 5: Let alone all bringing on the baggage from all their not to make a successful doctor.
Speaker 3: And she's like, yeah, but you were like a goat in the fourteen hundred. Yeah, don't get ahead of yourself.
Speaker 1: I saw you eat garbage.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a tough road for her and for him, but we're always here to help either of them if they need help going forward, or you you can always email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you. Back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey