Speaker 1: All right, it's the eighty second day of January.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Great, I'm glad you're here for it at today. On Saturdays, we always offer back to back classics. And before you jump in the comments and say this is a repeat, that's what a classic is. Okay, we're trying to be very upfront with you. Yeah, right, maybe I should start labeling it back to back classic repeat update.
Speaker 1: May have heard this.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, we do brand new episodes Monday through Friday, five days a week. That is a lot. So here's your double back to back classics. But first a comment. Yes, I mean, as we always say, we love to know what people do while they listen to Yes, and one person commented, I always listen while I eat my dinner.
Speaker 4: Oh you guys, Well, there's no risk of choking laughing, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: But you do have Southern right between your teeth. Get it right there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh you got it. Back to back classics.
Speaker 5: Done right now.
Speaker 4: If you're a guy who's mid to math, who can't pull anything higher than a Sacrie meno four, then you need to pay attention. One of our female listeners is a self to proclaimed member of the Hot Girls Club and going into their date. She had absolutely no intention of doing another one with him until one move this guy made at the very end of the night changed everything, really, and now she's on the phone begging for us to get a hold of him to figure out why. You're gonna hear it in your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 4: I'll admit, when I first started dating, I thought people went on dates to like find true love.
Speaker 1: I for a long I really did.
Speaker 4: What naive little boy way to think because some people, some people just date for the free meal.
Speaker 3: It somebody knew because the exactly some people.
Speaker 4: Just date because they need somebody to administer that EpiPen shot at the shellfish buffet. Oh my gosh, I go it's half off of crabs legs. I'm not gonna not eat that. So yeah, a lot of reasons. And today our listener Lucy is asking for a second date even though she isn't one hundred percent sure why she wants.
Speaker 1: To date this guy that's been there, Lucy, So.
Speaker 4: Hopefully just talking it out with us might give you some clarity.
Speaker 7: But welcome to the show, Hi.
Speaker 1: I love it. Like four minutes into our conversation, she just hangs up.
Speaker 7: She's like, no, actually, never mind, this was a bad choice.
Speaker 4: Well, Lucy, tell us about this guy that you met, like, start from the beginning.
Speaker 8: Okay, so his name is Nate. Okay, I just want to.
Speaker 5: Get everything out in the open because I'm confused. I am way better looking than this han and not oh.
Speaker 1: Coming in hot there.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I like it. Okay, I heard that he's not as good looking as you. I didn't hear what you said after that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I only heard the humility.
Speaker 7: So that sorry, humble, Lucy.
Speaker 4: What was the other reason?
Speaker 5: Well, he's not chasing me the way that I normally get chased after a date.
Speaker 4: You normally have men like physically chasing you, or you just mean like, yeah.
Speaker 9: Possibly most of the time, yes, okay, can I guess I mean not just his looks, but also his personality is probably not typically what you normally date.
Speaker 5: No, not really, Like we met on the hinge and he seems normal, like a nice guy, he's sort of cute.
Speaker 7: Special stopped gagging during the description.
Speaker 5: My friends they're like, i'll give a guy a chance, I'll try something different, and then he stops talking to her.
Speaker 1: And it's like, what's wrong in the world?
Speaker 7: You know, everything is off?
Speaker 3: Like how she said he seemed normal and he's obviously abnormal because he's not going out.
Speaker 4: But even though he seemed normal and nice and totally out of the ordinary, you still went out with him.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 5: I mean, yes, I was kind of bored, so I was like why not?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but personality can add the looks once you meet someone.
Speaker 1: So how was it when you first met him? Like, what was that moment?
Speaker 5: Like, well, he invited me to a bar for happy hour and it was kind of early for a date. That was like five Well.
Speaker 3: That's happy hour, yeah, okay, okay, yeah, the late night crowds.
Speaker 1: So all right, So what happened?
Speaker 5: The conversation went, well, he was more confident than I thought he would be. He was dressed very well.
Speaker 3: When you can, I just ask, like, it sounds like you're saying he's more confident because you still think he's not very attractive.
Speaker 1: Correct, Okay, I want to know when you very first saw him, what was your reaction.
Speaker 8: I think it was like, I'm doing this guy a favor.
Speaker 4: Okay, You're like, he's not trying yet, but he will be when I'm done.
Speaker 5: He didn't say that out loud, right, I'm just being honest. Okay, you guys asked me the question, all right.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I do see couples and I'm like, Wow, she's gorgeous. How did he pull her?
Speaker 7: No, I'm wondering do girls do.
Speaker 1: This and in their head it's like a charity case.
Speaker 4: Well, you have to understand, she's the one that's calling us right.
Speaker 1: Now, she's the one chasing him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, although there's a reason we didn't answer your first question, Jose, But that's okay, So tell us more what happens during this happy hour drink state.
Speaker 5: Conversation went well, and then he started asking me about what type of food I like, and I was like, he's going to try to roll this into grabbing dinner with me.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh God, this guy's going to try and feed me too. Is that is that kind of where you're you're normally at, Lucy?
Speaker 8: I mean taking it sound like it's out of.
Speaker 5: The ordinary, but that's not where my head was at the time.
Speaker 1: You're excited to continue the day with him.
Speaker 5: Excited might be a strong word, like medium excited, all right.
Speaker 4: Willing to go along with it a little longer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, but here's the weird thing. I tell him what kind of food I'm interested in, like Italian Jebanese, and his response cool, Well, anyway, this has been chill, but I gotta go meet up?
Speaker 7: What immediately?
Speaker 3: Do you that's not even a good review of the date, Like this has been chill?
Speaker 5: Why would you even ask what I like to eat? And I just said meet.
Speaker 8: Up with who?
Speaker 5: And he was like, oh, just a friend, I'll catch you later.
Speaker 3: Though, Oh.
Speaker 4: This guy maybe a huge player.
Speaker 7: This feels like the perfect I think.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: I think that he just maybe saw through that you weren't attracted to him and you were interested in surface things.
Speaker 5: Did you miss that I am way better looking at him? Like he never should have had a.
Speaker 10: Chance because some people aren't looking for just look you gave off like I'm.
Speaker 1: Better than you vibes.
Speaker 4: But he did say i'll catch you later, so there's some hope for a second meet up there, did he ever?
Speaker 7: What was that the end of all conversation?
Speaker 5: Well, I texted him a little later and I said, hey, I had a really great time it was meeting you, and he just hearted it.
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 7: He could have just thumbs up there, and that would have been like, can.
Speaker 1: To talk to this guy?
Speaker 3: I don't feel like, like, why do you want to go out with him again?
Speaker 1: It's just like a game. I don't don't Well, why are we calling him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What made you reach out to us for help?
Speaker 1: Well, we have to hear his side.
Speaker 5: I'm too curious, Like, who did he have to meet that was more important than me at that moment.
Speaker 1: So I don't think you're going to like anything he says.
Speaker 4: Maybe his like family member was in the hospital and he had to go visit her or him at that point?
Speaker 7: Would that change your mind?
Speaker 5: You don't say meet up with someone if you're going to the hospital.
Speaker 4: Oh, pretty much dead right now?
Speaker 7: Later, don't meet up.
Speaker 3: She decided the moment she saw him that she was not going to go out with him again. It's just that he there.
Speaker 4: Was a little bit of a power dynamic going on, and I am excited to hopefully get him on the phone. We'll see what he has to say if he answers. In your second date update, right after this hold on Brooke and.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey in the morning second Date update.
Speaker 4: Let's recap what we know about our listener Lucy and her date with Nate.
Speaker 7: The other day.
Speaker 1: It's a rough one, Jeff, Well.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Number one, according to her, she is way hotter than him. Yeah, Number two, he was lucky to be going out with someone as hot as she was. And number three, his personality was fine, but not as fine as her hotness. And despite all of that, Nate was the one who cut their date short after just one drink.
Speaker 1: So weird. It seems like she's so deep, so many.
Speaker 4: It is shocked confident talking to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would he be confident?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure, but it's all very unusual for Lucy.
Speaker 4: Clearly, it's got her a little bit flustered, very confused, which is the reason why she wants us to give him a call and get some answers.
Speaker 7: Right, Lucy, you guys make.
Speaker 5: Me sound like I'm so shallow.
Speaker 7: I'm not, Okay, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think that just the conversation we had made that happen. But yeah, but I am.
Speaker 5: Just trying to paint a picture for you here. I think it's very important to note that I am, in fact potter than him, Okay.
Speaker 4: Saying factually, not like a brat. We're not disputing that we're all agree I want photos. Well, don't you get under we're all taking your word for it. But I think what what what would really help us is if you could think of one nice thing to say about him that we could bring up once we get him on the phone, something that you liked about him.
Speaker 7: That's idea.
Speaker 5: He really did hold down a conversation.
Speaker 3: Well okay, and you actually sounds sincere about that, which I appreciate.
Speaker 5: Okay, when I say he did that, he barely did it, but he did it.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: But I'm just gonna make a note he knows how to have a conversation so that I can compliment him sort of.
Speaker 1: No, don't add that. It's just ended there.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to bring it up to him just so we could say something nice and that usually helps people open up a little.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a confident, great guy.
Speaker 7: Okay, So let's hope he holds a conversation.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk to him on the radio if he answers. First, we got to get him on the phone.
Speaker 7: Let me dial in.
Speaker 4: We'll see if he picks up, and then we can move from there. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Nate?
Speaker 3: Uh Yeah, cute voice.
Speaker 7: Book coming.
Speaker 1: Can give him some compliments. Okay, all right, this is.
Speaker 4: We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Welcome to this Okay, good morning.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I'm a little busy right now.
Speaker 8: And what's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we won't take up too much of your time. What we're doing is a segment it's called a second Date Update, where we're trying to help one of our listeners get back in touch with you after you two went out on a hot date the other night.
Speaker 1: A short date. I think he ended it pretty short.
Speaker 8: Who are you talking about?
Speaker 7: Uh, it's a woman named Lucy.
Speaker 2: Lucy Yeah, okay, super serious to laughing.
Speaker 8: It totally checks out. It totally checks out that she would be the one calling you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that checks out. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's texted me like four times in the last couple of days, Like I barely sponsor her.
Speaker 4: So that's okay, So clearly you you know what you're doing here.
Speaker 7: This is all on purpose.
Speaker 1: It's a power play.
Speaker 8: It sounds like, well, it's just she's that type of girl, Like.
Speaker 5: There's a type.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Explain the type though?
Speaker 2: Like she's very attractive, but she's been told off her life since she's attractive, so she knows it.
Speaker 8: And then she's like, no, I'm better and I'm like to relax.
Speaker 1: So do you do you not like her?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Like is that negative or positive? I can't tell.
Speaker 2: No, she's fine, Like it's just a matter of Like there's two things you got to deal with with women, like Lucy, keep the date really short, right, that's the thing. You got to keep the date really short.
Speaker 8: Like I knew that if I kept the date.
Speaker 2: Going longer longer, I had the suspicion that she was like, oh good, a free meal out of me.
Speaker 5: And I'm not. That's not what I'm about.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this, this is like a rule of strategy that you've come up with for dating beautiful women.
Speaker 8: It's not just beautiful women.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful women who know that they're beautiful and think that they're better than you because they're beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait.
Speaker 4: A specific type of girl.
Speaker 7: Well then most women in my case in mind, I don't get.
Speaker 3: It though, Like you want to keep the date short because you want to keep her attracted to you, or you want to keep the date short because you don't ever want to see her again.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely because I want to keep her interested, and a woman like Glucy, the longer the date goes, the less interested she becomes because.
Speaker 8: She knows all about you.
Speaker 4: So you mentioned earlier there's two things that you always do. You keep the date short.
Speaker 2: Was one short? You don't give them any information. You just hey, I gotta go talk.
Speaker 8: To you later.
Speaker 1: So when you said you were going to meet up with a friend, that was a lie.
Speaker 5: That wasn't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: That was we were at the gym. I want to I want to go to the gym to meet a.
Speaker 8: Friend at the gym. But I'm not going to give her specifics.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna whin and when and with who because I know that the moment I say that, all the mystery is gone.
Speaker 4: Wow wow, oh my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah, who's used to dating girls?
Speaker 1: Okay, so she found she found someone who? I mean, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: So clearly you seem to have some sort of strategy with her, well, a very a very clear plan. When do you plan to actually meet up with her again? Like how do you make that happen?
Speaker 2: Well, when I reached out to her, I'll say like, hey, do you want to get a COVID drinks or do you want to get some dinner tonight? And it's always got to be like last.
Speaker 1: Minute, Okay, you throw her a bone.
Speaker 2: I've been dodging her and I've been keeping it vague for so long that now she's gonna be like, oh, I got it track with the irons hot that that's all right.
Speaker 8: Just playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're breaking Brooks spirit. The more that you talk about.
Speaker 7: It becau's just like.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she's proud of himself with this energy.
Speaker 1: Or go out with someone who thinks they're better.
Speaker 2: Than you, Like, yeah, I definitely wouldn't do this with everybody. I don't do this whole like every woman is the same thing.
Speaker 8: I just know the type of woman And when I.
Speaker 2: Ask her, Hey, what do you like to eat? And she's like hinting at the most expensive restaurants.
Speaker 4: Come on, dude, Yeah, you know how these women are. They try and like manipulate you, They try and like tell you how to live the relationship. And then and then they wait on the other line of this phone call, listening in on this radio show this entire time to everything that you said.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, what are you talking about?
Speaker 8: What did that mean? Well?
Speaker 4: I thought I thought you would have known by now. Lucy on the other line listening to this, what, Yeah, that's that's how this works.
Speaker 7: Lucy.
Speaker 2: Are you there? Hi?
Speaker 5: Nathan?
Speaker 4: He was Nate before his full name.
Speaker 5: You seriously thought like you were gonna hit my confidence. Baby, you can't bread crumb me, Okay, I own the bakery.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Lucy, Lucy, you can't say all of this after you've called the radio station to get afforded.
Speaker 5: You're not.
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm curious about why you were being an asshole. And now I know because you like games.
Speaker 2: What I just I'm better at the game than you are.
Speaker 5: To pick up artist? Okay, you think necking women is the way to go, you are.
Speaker 2: An at all. I think nagging you is the right way, Honey.
Speaker 5: It doesn't work that way, It doesn't it.
Speaker 8: Just did.
Speaker 2: You literally called the radio station to get hold of me?
Speaker 8: How you say?
Speaker 5: No one like?
Speaker 8: No one like? Nobody does?
Speaker 1: Everybody's talking in the same time.
Speaker 4: Her defense a lot, She did say, remember, even if he likes me, I don't want to go out with him again.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing. Lucy like, it's not that you're beautiful, it's that you're I am, she's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: The reason he's playing the game is because you go around acting like you're better than everybody else.
Speaker 5: And that is fact, our facts. I am better looking thanan.
Speaker 7: Okay, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she absolutely is better looking than me. But I have a wrapp around my little finger.
Speaker 5: I got your finger right here. Okay, and you get the one.
Speaker 4: Wow, let's save that for the bedroom, guys, because this is getting a little bit spicy. What I think I'm trying to just read between the lines of that conversation and what Lucy was trying to say is she's willing to give you one more chance to do the date the right way.
Speaker 1: Wait, I think she's talking right now.
Speaker 4: Well, Lucy, this is gonna be my time because we're running we're running short here because I have to ask Nate, would you be willing to go out with Lucy.
Speaker 7: One more time?
Speaker 5: You asked me. You don't need to ask him.
Speaker 1: I reject him, You reject it. Whoa is that was that your last power move?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm not even gonna say yes or no. That's the beautiful I'm.
Speaker 2: Just gonna leave it bag and I'll just wait for her text later.
Speaker 6: He's so good.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Alexis wants to tell you, all right, it's a game of chicken.
Speaker 2: We need to see you.
Speaker 8: I'll text you.
Speaker 4: He's gonna text two first, Nathan.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Is it just me or was that guy like the hot girl whisperer. He just knows exactly what to say any hot girl to have them eating out of his hand.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that hard when they're not that deep.
Speaker 4: But that that in itself is like a crazy difficult thing for a guy to do.
Speaker 3: But why would you want to That's my whole point. There's plenty of hot girls to have substance, Like, why would you want one without it?
Speaker 4: Surely one jef.
Speaker 1: Right here, she's a hot girl with substance. That's nice of you, that's true, silent, But I'm glad you think.
Speaker 4: I mean, this whole strategy really was just like basically, don't say anything right for guy, Yeah, yeah, just stay vague, don't tell them, which is interesting And this is why I'll never get it because I can't shut up. So if we want hot girls to listen, to our podcasts. I guess we should just be vague about it. Yeah, so, uh, any hot girls, it's online somewhere. Comedians, Yeah, go find it.
Speaker 3: We got a boun You're never going to date someone higher, Yeah.
Speaker 7: But think about the howt girls are going to listen to our podcasts.
Speaker 1: I'm sure yeah, they can't resist you.
Speaker 4: By the way, the official one is Brook and Jeffrey's Second Date Update. There's a lot of fakes and knockoffs right.
Speaker 1: Now, So don't I mean seriously, thank you.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffery Second Date Update. Find it online where you get your podcast.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Typically people come to us for help when they can't get someone they like to call them back. Yeah, but that's not the case today. One of our listeners says the woman he went out with is still one hundred percent in contact with him.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 7: In fact, she's.
Speaker 4: Blowing up his phone non stop, very angry emails, demanding that he come find o angry He's where. It's all a simple misunderstanding and now he just needs a chance to explain before she calls the cops. Oh you're gonna hear why in your second Date update right after.
Speaker 6: This Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date update.
Speaker 4: We're entering dangerous territory just by doing this phone call. Really because the guy we're speaking with may or may not currently be involved in an ongoing crime.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh no, did he call us collect?
Speaker 4: He did not call us collect, and I said may or may not. It's nothing major, just the run of the mill grand theft auto that happened during his first ye If he's not, why would you even bring it up. I'm just saying, we've all been there. Yeah, one second, you're flirting talking about your hobbies. Next minute, you're hot wiring a Beamer convertible while she looks out for the cops.
Speaker 1: Nice choiceylist.
Speaker 4: I'm just speculating. But let's talk to Jason and get all the details first. Jason, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: This is actually a Honda a chord.
Speaker 4: You know, a lot to unpack here, But why don't you start at the beginning tell us about this happened.
Speaker 7: On a date?
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, you actually hot wired a car?
Speaker 8: No no, no, no, no, I did not.
Speaker 1: I may may have made that part, but I mean, like I thought so. But then his response and I was like, wait, what that's on me?
Speaker 4: Has this been Diesel? I was just guessing? But tell us about the date that you went on. Who's the girl?
Speaker 8: So I met Laura on a dating app?
Speaker 1: Okay, Laura, what do you like about her?
Speaker 8: You know? Honestly, like, she's just my type. She's got a great personality, she's funny, keeps a conversation clean, criminal record important exactly? Yeah, really good credit score, that's funny, Jason. Yeah, and you know she was just my type physically attractive too. She definitely like worked on all that stuff. But anyways, nice, we're having a date, you know, decided to meet for dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty normal.
Speaker 8: So yeah, everything's going fantastic. To be honest with you, and I normally would just be, you know, after a first date, just split way there and just say goodbye. But it was going so well that I was like, do you want to maybe grab dessert?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, go to a second spot? Just feeling it. You don't want it to end. That's such a great feeling.
Speaker 4: So was the ice cream shop so far away you needed to steal a car in order to drive there?
Speaker 2: Now, where's the.
Speaker 7: How do we get to stealing a car.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, I didn't steal a car.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay.
Speaker 8: We were on our way to get dessert. She offered to use your car, which was fine. We were walking back to her place.
Speaker 1: Use her car. Most people say drive but yeah, okay, oh yeah, so.
Speaker 4: A truth to go use the products.
Speaker 8: Yeah okay, yeah, So she offered to drive her car, and so we walked back to her place. And on the way there, I get a text message from my friend and he's he tells me about this hoop up event that this DJ we love is putting on. Oh it's outside the city, so it's not just like walking distance and okay, okay, yeah, I mean, and so I asked more. I just said, do you mind if I borrow your car for something really important?
Speaker 1: Wait? What why would you ask her to go with you? Do you have a car? You could go get your own car.
Speaker 8: I don't have a car right now?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so you asked you asked to borrow her car to go to this event?
Speaker 8: Probably, I mean, like it was our first date and my friend just hit me up. I really, it wasn't really my role to invite her. My friend invited me. It was it's like it's like our favorite dB.
Speaker 3: That is an inappropriate question on a first date, but asking to use someone's car totally cool.
Speaker 8: I was I was in a pinch and I wanted to make it there. She did give me permission, she should. I trust you.
Speaker 1: Wow, I would make you. She said, yes, you must.
Speaker 4: You must be a pretty awesome guy or a very good looking guy, or.
Speaker 1: She's just not very good at decision making.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm only decide with you on this case. I think there's something to you that made her trust you.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I mean, like the car is fine. I'm trying to give it back. It's just the timing was off.
Speaker 7: Wait, you still have it?
Speaker 8: I do have I've been trying to give it back.
Speaker 1: Wait did she know why you took it? Like where you were going?
Speaker 8: No? I just said something important came up and she didn't ask. She just said, I yeah it, sweetheart.
Speaker 4: She's probably thinking that some sort of like emergency that you have to like rush to the hospital, or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you skip dessert too, Brooke?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh you can have je me sue.
Speaker 8: There was no.
Speaker 7: Okay, know why she's not calling back.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like bailing on her though, because like the date was still continuing. So not only did you take her car leave, but you left kind of in the middle of plans.
Speaker 4: Physically bailed on. Well, hold on? Was the show worth it?
Speaker 1: What all?
Speaker 8: The show?
Speaker 4: I mean, Brooke cares about whether or not the dessert. I want to know about the show that he left to go see? You want to know about the girl?
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't see. The show is great and I'm so glad I went.
Speaker 7: Okay, something good came out of it.
Speaker 1: She's not calling you back and you have her car.
Speaker 8: Well, she has left me some voicemails and she's like basically upset. But here's the thing, though, I texted her the next day, but by the time she got back to me, I was already at work, and unfortunately, I, like I said, I don't have a car, so I took her car to work. And then it's been like three days now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I mean I would be calling the police.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I would think that this guy has stolen my car.
Speaker 1: He's a total thief.
Speaker 4: He didn't think better than calling the police, call us, we have more stories.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she is freaking out. Is her voicemails that she leaves. Is she just livid?
Speaker 7: Why do you always assume the worst?
Speaker 3: Brook?
Speaker 6: But he has her car.
Speaker 7: She's casual, isn't she casual? Jason freaking out?
Speaker 8: Well, it started casual, but now it's done like a handful of voicemails and she's pretty upset. Yeah, okay, I mean like I'll tuxt her back and try to set up a time and she can't and then it's just like she just gets more angry.
Speaker 1: Are you looking for another date too?
Speaker 3: Or are we just trying to set up a time for y'all to meet and do this car exchange?
Speaker 8: I would love to go on in our date with her, and I'm to get this car back to her.
Speaker 4: Okay, look at that. Yeah, the fact that he has come to us asking for help returning the car proves that he's not a thief. He's not malicious, yes, and he wants to find love out of this whole experience.
Speaker 1: And a date would be a good time to get the car back.
Speaker 4: It would be, you know, So let's do this.
Speaker 7: We're gonna come back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna call Laura and we're gonna explain everything, get her car back to her and try and get you your second date Update.
Speaker 8: I'm ready all right, here we go.
Speaker 6: Broke and Jeffrey in the date updates.
Speaker 4: Top three first date mistakes showing up late, being rude to the wait staff, accidentally stealing your date's car and holding on to it for several days.
Speaker 7: So what a stereotype.
Speaker 4: Because that's what happened with one of our listeners, Jason recently, and stealing isn't really the right word, because he got permission from his date, Laura to borrow her car temporarily.
Speaker 1: Yes, she thought it was probably for the knife, but.
Speaker 4: Afterwards Jason hasn't been able to coordinate a time and a place to return it, so he's been driving it around to work and to other events.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it gives us two goals for today's call.
Speaker 4: One is to get Laura's car back into her possession, and then two finaggle our way into getting them on another romantic date, which is going to be real hard.
Speaker 1: When she's leaving him angry voicemails right now.
Speaker 7: But I believe in us. Okay, I want to know Jason.
Speaker 4: If we can get Laura on the phone, here, is it okay if we tell her that you took her car for a pop up? DJ show.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I really would like to go on another date with her, So I'm hoping maybe we could just leave it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a smart choice.
Speaker 7: I make something up.
Speaker 4: A baby stuck in a well out in the countryside, so you went to go save it.
Speaker 3: I just think that maybe we just leave it generic. He needed the car.
Speaker 4: Let her come to her own conclusions.
Speaker 3: Sure, I bet she doesn't really care. I bet she just wants.
Speaker 1: Her car back.
Speaker 7: Or Jason, you can tell her yourself if you feel up for it.
Speaker 8: Hey, yeah, I mean I guess you could kind of test the waters first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure at the point when you're all laughing about the whole situation together, then you can throw him. Yeah, you look.
Speaker 4: Back on this as a funny joke on your wedding. Anyway, Let's call Laura here and we'll see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking for Laura thinking. Hey, Laura, I'm gonna apologize in advance for this phone call.
Speaker 7: But you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Were you apologizing I'm on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, we're here to help.
Speaker 10: How did you get my phone?
Speaker 5: Onber.
Speaker 10: I don't understand why we.
Speaker 4: Were asked to call you from one of our listeners who he went on an interesting date with recently.
Speaker 3: God, and you are the nicest person we may have ever had on this show.
Speaker 7: Immediate, sweetheart, are you sitting down right now?
Speaker 5: Yes? Why?
Speaker 4: Because the person that we're calling about actually he has your car.
Speaker 10: No, you're not talking about him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're calling for Jason. Oh my gosh, on behalf of Jason.
Speaker 4: We apologize so much for the confusion that's happened over the last few days.
Speaker 1: I mean, what a dummy he is.
Speaker 10: Well, you should be apologizing.
Speaker 5: This is crap.
Speaker 10: I need to get my car back to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we agree.
Speaker 7: That's part of what we're doing here.
Speaker 4: We'd like to help you and Jason coordinate a time in order for that to happen.
Speaker 10: But we also what I've been trying to do.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not then all us, you.
Speaker 4: Know, the car confusion aside, Like Jason, pretty cool guy, right, I.
Speaker 10: Don't think I wouldn't call him that. I wouldn't call him that.
Speaker 3: Can I ask, like, what were you thinking when he asked to borrow your car on a first date and you said yes?
Speaker 4: And we and we said, asked that in the nicest way post Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well okay, So I don't know what he told you. But at the end of our date, he was like, oh, let's go get the sirt, let's go have a nightcap, let's have a sweet time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said he was having such a good time with you. He didn't want the night to end.
Speaker 10: So well it did because he got a text on his phone and he looks at me and he was like, in the city Hall. I work for city Hall. It's an urgent matter, and I borrow your car.
Speaker 1: What he told you he worked for city hall Batman or.
Speaker 10: Something, but he said it's a matter of urgency.
Speaker 5: He like literally drives off like Batman.
Speaker 10: I'm shocked. I wanted to help, he asked very sweetly, and I was like, okay, that's fine. And then I can't get in touch with him, right, So I call city Hall and try to figure out from his name because I was personal name. But it turns out he doesn't really work for city hall in an extremely professional matter. He works in the gemitorial apartment, which is fine, but I'm not sure why he would need my car.
Speaker 4: Laura, are you saying that if you're just a janitor at city Hall, then you don't have the authority to take someone's car on official government business.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm saying that they have emergencies too.
Speaker 3: I mean it could have been a water main break, right, like I'm just taking like documents could have been at risk.
Speaker 10: But well then why wouldn't he give it back to me?
Speaker 1: Like he's trying about thirty.
Speaker 10: Minutes away from calling the police, so he needs to get my card.
Speaker 6: Definitely not funny.
Speaker 4: And you don't have to do that because Jason is actually on the other line right now. You want a car, wanting to drive it wherever? You tell me that. What are you doing?
Speaker 7: Jon?
Speaker 10: Idiot?
Speaker 8: Like what?
Speaker 7: Oh well, he's he's hearing all that, Jason car.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 10: I don't even know what this is. But he called the radios just how you guys thought he did something illegal.
Speaker 7: Jason, anytime you could jump in.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's okay, I don't even know what to say. I've been trying to meet up with you and stuff like that, and I didn't steal your car. It's not like without you knowing.
Speaker 5: Jacon, Just tell me what you use the car for.
Speaker 11: Oay, go ahead, I mean, listen, I really want the opportunity to be honest with you because I do think it's important to be honest.
Speaker 8: And you know, well I do work at city Hall. So I mean, like I was telling the truth there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to give them credit for that, Laura.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, I'll give them credit for mopping before it's the city hall.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, in cleaning out the paper towels in the bathrooms too.
Speaker 8: I will not take that personal because I'm not. You're just trying to be mean and you're upset. But I just hear me out.
Speaker 10: It was a very okay, I'm waiting.
Speaker 8: So there was a huge pop up event that just happened that take place. It was a surprise, Are you kidding me? Just hear me out? Though it was. My best friend texted me it was for the moment. Obviously, I would never try to hurt you or try to lie to you or do anything to like are you now? But it was like so just it was our favorite DJ.
Speaker 10: DJs. You made it seem like it was really urgent in city Hall, like you're a freaking batman or something. Okay, And there was a pop up DJ events.
Speaker 8: Well where we were located in the time it was short notice and where we were located, and help shut up.
Speaker 1: I think that's a really good advice.
Speaker 10: I'm done with a story that's not you.
Speaker 5: You call the radio, get me my car.
Speaker 10: I don't really want to ever speak to you again.
Speaker 4: I think the good news is that even though we've obviously gone down a rocky road here, their relationship and their goodwill is still intact.
Speaker 1: Are you hearing the same I'm really.
Speaker 10: Okay, guys, I love that. Do you think it's funny? But I'm really not interested in this conversation in my car.
Speaker 8: I know you're not interested in this conversation right now, but what about a conversation when I drop off the car. We'd meet for dinner? We can have another time.
Speaker 7: The tempers are running hot right now.
Speaker 4: Maybe after we all calm down, we can think about, like maybe having a little bit of a romantic connec.
Speaker 10: Going on way, So you would have a romantic connection with someone who stole your car for three days? That is stupid.
Speaker 4: I mean it works in the movies, you.
Speaker 10: Know, like yeah, but I haven't been able to get worse. Oh and I've been having to get riots from friends.
Speaker 7: Jason, would you be willing to take Laura to work.
Speaker 3: No, Jeffrey, shut up, she's gonna hang up before we get her her car back. I'm going to say, like in the next like hour, you should probably drop it off.
Speaker 5: Jason, how about thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you were really lucky she hasn't called the car.
Speaker 8: I mean honestly, like I could probably do it in like closer to like forty five minutes, because I thirty minutes is cutting away too close?
Speaker 5: And get up.
Speaker 8: I know, I'm not trying to be a pain. Laura. You're just you want it now, and that's fine. But at forty five minutes.
Speaker 7: His favorite DJ set doesn't end for another twenty minutes. So we got shut up.
Speaker 4: Where you can return the car at a morning concert?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I just dropped the car.
Speaker 10: As long as you get there in forty five minutes, I'm all right.
Speaker 1: We did what did it?
Speaker 4: Congratulations Jason?
Speaker 7: You're not going to jail?
Speaker 4: Well, we don't know.
Speaker 7: They could be waiting.
Speaker 6: Bok and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Oh man, are you serious? I didn't even get to offer them a gift card for ten percent off oil changes a jiffy loose.
Speaker 1: I mean Jeffery. Your positivity on this one.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, is she going to get her car back? That's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 4: Well, you better or else the cops are going to be coming after him.
Speaker 7: I guess where he lives. I don't think so, That's what I'm saying. But it would be funny.
Speaker 4: If the police were there waiting for him to show she could him and just say wait here.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'd find the humor in that.
Speaker 4: Not funny for him, but for us hilarious. Yeah, that's good. He calls us from jail for an awkward Tuesday? Can you mail me out?
Speaker 3: We're like, no, maybe his story is going to end up as a laser story.
Speaker 4: We're going to keep you updated about this one way or the other. Now you'll find out, yeah, exactly. But we can always try and help you with your dating life. As you've seen, we will go to the ends of the earth and try and get you a second date update, no matter how stupid we end. If this doesn't prove it, nothing does, so email the show. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back. Check out all of our second date updates. By the way, at the Brook and Jeffrey Podcast. Wherever you get yours on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, wherever Yeah,