Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jetty and he Armsrong get live from the studio.
Speaker 1: See we are in a dimly lit room deep from the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound on Little Friday, and today we're.
Speaker 2: Under the tutelage of our general manager Trump. She deal makers or not.
Speaker 1: I meant to say that the compound now has We had to put up new fencing. We've got some now diseased monkey proof fencing because we had prepared fencing for all kinds of different situations, but we hadn't thought of diseased monkeys, so had to electrify.
Speaker 2: So Michael, don't brush up against the fence on your way in tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It's h it's like four hundred volts.
Speaker 1: Good to know Trump and g were our general manager. Trump announced how did the meeting go? After sitting down and talking to g for two hours, he said it is a twelve out of ten. Yes, it's how he announced the meeting that wrapped up not too long ago.
Speaker 3: More neutral observers, not quite as it's cheerful about twelve lot of test results, right, what do they know?
Speaker 2: Huh? What are they? What are they? What's what's the claim from so called neutral observers? What's the problem? Uh, hang on a second.
Speaker 1: Oh, for God's sake, I mean big, you know, the biggest story, I think to me, because you know this is my lane. Trump announcing We're going to resume nuclear weapons testing. Right, it's a pretty big deal, tit for tat with the Chinese and Russians nuclear tests?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Essentially, the claim by those who were critical of the meeting was that she walked away with what he wanted. Trump announced we got a great deal. It was a great meeting, but really got vague promises in return.
Speaker 2: Okay, so whatever.
Speaker 3: I have two very distinctly contrasting accounts of the meeting and its results. It just goes to show you the nature of journalism. Well yeah, okay, whatever, what a wastever he said? Was?
Speaker 1: I mean, because that's either true or one hundred and eighty degrees opposite of what happened. And I haven't got the slightest idea And you can't tell from modern reporting when people hate Trump so much.
Speaker 3: So whatever, which is ironically exactly what Ishijin Ping and Vladimir Putin have been trying to do to our society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point, but it's so frustrating. What's the point of even reading the newspaper to try to figure out what happened when there's.
Speaker 2: A decent chance that they're giving you one hundred and.
Speaker 3: Eighty degrees opposite of what occurred, right right, Well, it's interesting because I check in with the New York Times in particular and several other liberal outlets just to see what's being said, you know, what arguments will be answering that sort of thing, And increasingly lately I've come away jack Is, You've talked about this before, thinking, now I get why people have a completely wildly different version of what's happening in the world than a lot of us in conservative America. They never see the stories that we frequently think are important and the ones that both sides agree are important. They get a completely wildly different version of it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, makes it tough.
Speaker 3: You can't hate people for trying to stay informed and just going to what they perceived to be solid news.
Speaker 2: Outlets that are just overwhelmingly lefties. So we'll try to wrestle that to the ground, although it will not be easy.
Speaker 1: This soon after the meeting happened to how things went with President she but Trump directs Pentagon to test nuclear weapons, and they announced that right before meeting with President g which I find interesting because since he said that right before walking into talk to the President of China, I would have thought it was mostly about China. But I was just listening to an interview with David Ignatius of the Washington Post, who's considered kind of the dean of that sort of thing with his contacts and the Pentagon and whatnot, and he said it was all about Russia, all about Russia, and Russia's big announcement over the weekend, which I mentioned earlier in the week that they had tested some sort of unstoppable delivery system and that perhaps Trump's were going to start testing is nuclear weapons?
Speaker 2: Is testing the delivery.
Speaker 1: Systems rather than, you know, set off a bomb somewhere to show that we got those.
Speaker 2: We have those, We have plenty of those.
Speaker 1: We have more than those than practically anybody. But the delivery system thing, that's a big deal. Because Russia claims they've got a new Nobody could stop it under any circumstances. Way to send a bomb around the world. Right, it's funny, that's an interesting topic. But I've always thought at the point that we're hurling nuclear ordinance.
Speaker 3: At each other, is some of it's going to get through, even like the old style missiles, some of it will get through.
Speaker 2: There are so many warheads. Boy, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think if it's true, I think it's a pretty big deal. If Russia could put a nuclear weapon into Washington, d C. And we didn't even have a blip on a radar anywhere when it went off, I don't.
Speaker 3: See you could respond to that. Well, right, but again, and you're not wrong. It's a really it's something we need to deal with. But at the point the Russians take out DC with a nuclear bomb, it's nuclear holocaust. It's full on Planet of the Beaver's nuclear winner for the next five hundred years, disaster.
Speaker 2: I'll see you in heaven. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see your point, But yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a heck of a thing.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, so much for the peace dividend after the Cold War ended and all that sort of stuff, the end of history and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Fools, we have the.
Speaker 1: US president talking about resuming nuclear testing, which we haven't tested any nuclear bombs since the early nineties, so it's been thirty plus years.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: I don't know how often you need to test nuclear weapons pertainly, don't.
Speaker 2: That's super familiar with that.
Speaker 1: That's why there's an assumption that he's talking about nuclear weapons delivery systems. But we'll look into that more later. Is he just announced that, you know, in a Trump sort of way. He just announced it out of nowhere, with no like briefing papers or nobody underneath him, perhaps even knowing he was going to say that.
Speaker 3: So right right, Yeah, well I have to ask my dad about that. That's what he did in the Air Force, was dealt with our nuclear arsenal. A lot of it's still I think classified, but sure, you know, I don't. I have no idea what his level of knowledge of the various things we've been talking about, Hey, Dad, how often you have to test nuclear weapons? He might be able to respond with like specific models of missiles and warheads, or he may say, I don't know, I was just keeping inventory.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I or you.
Speaker 3: Might answer me in a thick Russian accent, and the truth would finally emerge.
Speaker 2: Well, probably not.
Speaker 1: I woke up this morning with a pretty bad sore throat, and I thought, why do I have a sore throat? Sore throats worry me based on various diseases I've had throughout my life. Of course, sometimes it's just you know, you had the heater on too much last night and you laid on your back or.
Speaker 2: Something that goes away. But I was so I was.
Speaker 1: I'm walking out mount doing my evening walk, beautiful sunset, nice weather this time. I don't know if you're watching the World Series. Last time, it was ninety degrees at first Pitch in Los Angeles, ninety degrees, And I remember as a kid living in Wisconsin, where it was already, you know, fifteen degrees by the time you get to October, watching the World Series when it'd be the Dodgers, and thinking there are places in the United States where it's eighty five and sunny sorts as a kid, but anyway, it's ninety degrees. There's a nice evening in northern California too, and I'm walking run I see a monkey. It's got a couple of sore yeah, and it's its eyes are a little oozy, but I thought it looks so cute, so I pet it.
Speaker 2: It bites me a couple of times. You're a compassionate man. Yeah, I wake up with a sore throat and I hope it's not related. Huh oh, how are your glands a little swollen? Monkey sized?
Speaker 1: We do have an update on the diseased monkeys that can escape the other day.
Speaker 2: That's our favorite story. How can it know that's America's lead story? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: We've got diseased, wild, angry monkeys running around. The authorities warned us they may be aggressive toward human why because they've been jabbed with diseases for the last year or so.
Speaker 2: That had pissed me off.
Speaker 1: To see, what's there to be angry about. I was living in the jungle and I got captured and put in a cage and people started injecting me with diseases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of pissed off right right here, little monkey here, little monkey. I was such a fool. I out for it. Oh god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: As we have an update on that story, that's absolutely fantastic. And the shutdown rolls on into another day in the mainstream media, of course, making the biggest deal about the various food benefits that come to an end at the end of the month, which is rapidly approaching. Tomorrow is the thirtieth day, and trying to use that as a leverage point. Now, I don't I have no idea. The people I follow that I trust in politics say the polling is all over the place, and who's to blame.
Speaker 2: I was just watching MSNBC.
Speaker 1: They were claiming that most polls show the Republicans are being blamed.
Speaker 3: If that is because their messaging is D minus level communicating the American people, it is inexcusably bad.
Speaker 1: Republicans are horrible message messaging. But you're also up against all of the mainstream media trying to present it as the Republican's fault, so that makes it a little difficult.
Speaker 3: Also, oh yeah, one hundred percent. But that's why you've got to be good. That's the game we play on the right side of the aisle. Got to be sharp with your messaging.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought John Thune and the Republican leader of the Senate, was pretty good yesterday. I gave a pretty fiery speech. We'll play a little of that for you later, trying to make it clear that. Hey, we vote every single day, we vote to have the stuff continue.
Speaker 2: Everything be fine, all right, every day.
Speaker 3: And he's thirty five years younger than miss McConnell's, so that helps a little bit too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now we'll get to that coming up. Let's start the show officially before we get into trouble. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Thursday, October, thirtieth day before Halloween, the.
Speaker 2: Year twenty twenty five or Armstrong and getting we approve of this program. Happy Halloween.
Speaker 3: En.
Speaker 2: All right, let's begin then officially.
Speaker 3: According to FCC Wolves Eggs, the show starts at mark He's he's.
Speaker 4: On the prow There an urgent surge to find three lab monkeys still on the loose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mar.
Speaker 4: The primates gave Tuesday afternoon when a trunk carrying them crashed on the interstate in Jasper.
Speaker 2: County, Mississippi.
Speaker 4: Tulane clarifying saying while they provide monkeys for research, the primates in question belonged to another entity and are not infectious.
Speaker 3: So yesterday it was one monkey, now it's three. What did they clone it? Did it have sex and have baby monkeys?
Speaker 2: No? Lie number one line number two.
Speaker 3: Oh, these monkeys are not infectious from our university running around biting people.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. I have two comments. One, do you believe? And you're a fool.
Speaker 1: We're into the second day of coverage and we're still relying on that tongueless gentleman to let us know what's happening. I can't believe we haven't gotten a better authority event. And secondly, basically their message was that's not our monkey, that's not my monkey, that's somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got diseased monkeys and undiseased ones. Yeah, these are the undiseased ones. Yeah, they're fine. Don't worry somebody else's or anything. Our monkeys weren't nearly that free, is I recall?
Speaker 2: Am I actually worried about this? No?
Speaker 1: But do I think a university would claim monkeys that have injected with all kinds of diseases aren't injected?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do think they would lie about that.
Speaker 3: Well, let me take a quick call hello Joe Hare, Yes, oh hi doctor Fauci. Yes, okay, all right, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It turns out people lie about that sort of thing all the time. If they create a heinous disease that gets loose and killed lots of people. They pretend like it's a zero chats, that that's what happened, even though everybody can see that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Me with my sore throat. Why did I pet that monkey? I was there at the back of my mind. He say, don't pet it. Don't pet it. It just looks so sad, well because of its sores. Right, Yes, Okay, We've got Katie's headlines on the way, more news of the day on the big news day, so stay with us.
Speaker 2: While Joe tried to put a negative.
Speaker 1: Spin on Trump's meeting with President g I went to a couple of sources myself, who mostly say it's.
Speaker 2: Too early to tell.
Speaker 1: There's no way to know what the hell happened yet.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was one of the criticisms I think is that it's all fairly vague.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. It's early days. Let's find out.
Speaker 3: It's a complicated, complicated relationship, double complicated, all right, let's figure out who's reporting what it's lead story with Katie Green and Katie waiting for Jack's joke.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry, I can't give a joke when I got a sore throat.
Speaker 6: After being attacked by the research jack all right, starting with the Washington Post. In South Korea, Trump secures a trade deal and a glittering crown, which I found hilarious in light of the no king's protests.
Speaker 2: That's why she did. It's funny. I'd forgotten about those protests already, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eh, you know, the biggest protest in US history saying you're a king and you go around the country people giving you.
Speaker 3: Crowns and chuckling about it. Yeah, that's you know, that's the way to deal with it, Honestly, silly.
Speaker 6: CNN Western Intelligence says Iran is re arming despite you and sanctions, along with China's help.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that's second part.
Speaker 1: So I'm not surprised Iran is attempting to rearm, although they got another bombing coming.
Speaker 2: But if China is helping him, that's something.
Speaker 3: And Trump is not going to sit still for that either. That would rouse his personal eyre.
Speaker 2: From Bloomberg.
Speaker 6: AI is all that matters right now.
Speaker 2: I want to get.
Speaker 1: Into that article in Bloomberg about how much of the economy, the stock market, all the good feelings out there are AI, and it's either a bubble or it ain't, but the numbers around it are incredible, just absolutely incredible. Tesla hit a near high yesterday, which I thought the bloom was off the rows on Tesla.
Speaker 2: But they're into the AI world though.
Speaker 3: Well, Nastacs just sky high, and that's just insanely high.
Speaker 6: From the New York Post, NFL Hall of Famer Antonio Gates allegedly hosted and played and rigged Miami poker game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this should be a big deal if it all gets nailed down as true big giant star.
Speaker 2: Beloved player for the Chargers, and if.
Speaker 1: He was in those games as the face and knew what was going on, I'd have some serious implications for the NFL.
Speaker 2: Hold on to your hats, guys. From Breitbart dot com, New York.
Speaker 6: City musical titled Slam Frank portrays Holocaust victim and Frank as a pan sexual Latina with a non binary lover.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, that's actually a conservative written parody of lefty lunacy. I've read some people say, oh my god, you've got to see it. It's the best thing ever, saying decent enough idea, but it doesn't quite land the beholder. But it's a parody, which is good and I love how over the top it is.
Speaker 1: Well and the fact that I couldn't obviously.
Speaker 2: Tell it was a parody shows you where we are now that could happen.
Speaker 6: Indeed, yes, daily mail flight delayed by more than four hours after the cabin crew starts to fight.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, I wonder what they were fighting about.
Speaker 6: It didn't give detail on that, which is irritating.
Speaker 2: Gotta be relationships, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking it wasn't a heavyweight about if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, there's a lot of splat.
Speaker 3: Lap and scratching, hair pullings, no matter which sexes were involved in.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, study fines, junk food, fuels, one hundred or more gut changes that can tank your mood. Only exercise can fix them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would like to read more about that. I don't want my mood tanked.
Speaker 6: And finally, from the Babylon Bee newsome Can continues to endanger the public by issuing drivers' licenses to women.
Speaker 2: Oh wow wow.
Speaker 1: Wait, now he's about to have a huge political win.
Speaker 2: We can talk about that coming up later.
Speaker 1: But you want to feel bad about things as an investor, Wait till I hit you with the numbers of what the stock market has done around AI that you missed the boat on probably no.
Speaker 2: Stop it Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: For the second time this year, the Federal Reserve now cutting interest rates by a quarter point that brings rates below four percent for the first time in three years. Economists point to inflation picking up and hiring that has slowed. FED chair Jerome Powell signaling a potential December rate cut quote is not a foregone conclusion, and.
Speaker 1: The markets dropped some on the idea that it's not given that there'll be a market or a interest rate cut in December. Anyway, it's down to the lowest in three years, and we'll see what that does to the housing market in particular, and anything.
Speaker 2: Else but.
Speaker 1: Bloomberg the business website speaking of Bloomberg, Michael Bloomberg, which that website is named after, Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire who was New York mayor as a Republican and then an Independent and then was a ran for president as a Democrat.
Speaker 2: He's all over the place.
Speaker 1: He threw a million and a half dollars at the Cuomo campaign and yesterday, and the theory is that a guy like him he'd been on the sidelines for this whole mayoral race for some reason, which is interesting as a two time New York mayor that he hasn't gotten more involved, although he is one hundred and fifty years old.
Speaker 2: But he threw a million in all, probably out of disgust with the alternatives. Good point.
Speaker 1: He threw a million and a half dollars at Andrew Cuomo, and the theory is that he wouldn't be doing that if he didn't have some internal polloing that shows.
Speaker 2: There's some sort of shot for Cuomo to still win this thing. Excelseor I hear you, brother.
Speaker 3: The chorus of voices out in the last forty eight hours pointing out how dangerous and radical Mamdanni truly is is notable. I've got a bunch of examples of that in a little bit. But it's it's.
Speaker 2: Coming from a lot of different quarters. God, if you had just like.
Speaker 1: A regular old gray boring somebody wants to be mayor with no baggage, they would absolutely win. But because there's enough resistance to the Communists Israel hating Mamdani, but the backup plan is a scumbag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it really is astonishing. It's an example or illustration of how mobbed up New York is, how crooked and mobbed up it all is. How is there not some you know, the vice mayor from the last competent mayor, you know some Bloomberg endorsed.
Speaker 2: Wall Street who's reasonable? How can that not happen? Anyway?
Speaker 1: So the interest rate cut and all that sort of stuff, Well, Bloomberg, the news website, the business news websites, their big headline.
Speaker 2: Is AI is all that matters right now.
Speaker 1: For all the headlines about the Fed and the trade deals and rate cuts, AI is still by far the dominant story in global markets.
Speaker 2: Here's a couple examples why.
Speaker 1: Despite the fact that the vast majority of people in market see a bubble around this AI stuff. So that is the zeitgeist right now, that this is a bubble, That's not a reason to be bearish right now, writes Bloomberg. The best way to make money and this is interesting and this is where all this is where the talent comes in, and I don't have it.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm going to stay on the sidelines probably.
Speaker 1: But the best way to make money and markets is to spot a bubble early and hop on board. As it inflates, and then obviously get out before it pops.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the hard part.
Speaker 1: How many people actually do that, get on at some point on the rise up knowing it's a bubble, get out on time. That's got to be a pretty small group of people. Well, there are ways to do that.
Speaker 3: You sell off a certain percentage, then you wait a few days, sell off another percentage, sell off another percentage. But it's hard to walk away from a slot machine, right, just pouring money.
Speaker 2: Right, let me give you the numbers here.
Speaker 1: I mean, I even if I had gotten in at a great level out I gotten out a long time ago. So Nvidio became the world's first five trillion dollar company yesterday. Tesla is getting close to a fresh all time high. Bloomberg's Magnificent seven index, that's the the big AI companies, the tech companies that are throwing heavily invested in AI right now is up twenty seven percent this year after jumping sixty seven percent in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, how are you a guy who.
Speaker 1: Doesn't get out after that and hangs on for this net twenty seven percent ride? And that was after more than doubling in twenty twenty three, i'd've.
Speaker 2: Gotten out then my money doubled. This has been a great ride.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's gonna pop soon, and I've gotten out two full years early, missed out on everything.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I've had the conversation over and over with our main financial guy, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: This can't last. You know.
Speaker 3: That's what we said last year too, So maybe let's hang in that way. It just feels insane right now.
Speaker 2: Those of you who got in it, you know, and hung on.
Speaker 1: Up twenty seven percent this year for all your tech stocks after going up sixty seven percent the year before and doubling the year before that.
Speaker 2: That's one of the great rises in any particular.
Speaker 1: Thing ever moving up, which we may look back on this year's from now if AI becomes as dominant and big a deal as a lot of people claim it's going to be, and think, how did everybody.
Speaker 2: Not realize this?
Speaker 1: How did I not realize this and put all my money in the next big thing. It's like not recognizing that gas powered engines were going to be a thing or something right right, being the it'll never replace the horse voice of the twenty first century. You don't want to be that, Yeah, I came across and I can't decide whether to group this with AI stuff for medicine stuff, because I've got a lot of interesting information about well, it's not interesting as much as it's depressing about insurance cost and medical costs and how screwed up our system is. But the piece that Daniel Axt wrote was I finally have a physician who's available and who gets me meet doctor Grock. And this is not about like the you know, look at this diagnosis part of medicine. He's talking about how it's practically impossible to get him to get to see his primary care physician.
Speaker 2: So all he sees are special lists.
Speaker 3: Who are are tree doctors who can't see the forest, he says, And there's nobody to quarterback his care in general, to kind of coordinate it and be well the quarterback.
Speaker 2: And so he's started.
Speaker 3: He's healthy, a sixty nine year old guy, but he says he has various level low level chronic disorders. He says, I get most of my healthcare from constellations of a highly trained specialist. He's focused on his or her narrow realm rather than my overall health. Not only are these tree surgeons flying to the forest, but they're also overwhelmed with patients, which makes appointments scary, scarce and brief. Often during our fleeting time together, they're more focused on their computers than me.
Speaker 2: Always we're all familiar with that. Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: At my last annual physical I told my primary care guy I desperately needed somebody to quarterback my care, but that it was nearly impossible to get in to see him. He said, quote, yes, it's like getting in an audience with the Pope.
Speaker 2: I can't quarterback anything.
Speaker 3: And and he gets into the fact that a blood test showed he had low iron, and one hurried physician sent me a message said, eat lentils, but I already eat lots of iron rich meat. Lentils contain non heme iron hemi iron, which is poorly absorbed unless accompanied by food containing vitamin C, all of which the physician left unset.
Speaker 2: I didn't know any of that. I'd have to look it up.
Speaker 3: Contrast his terse advice with what I got from groc My go to AI chatbot when I asked what I ought to eat if my iron levels are a little low. The response a model of clarity and nuance. Was immediate and free quote. To raise low iron levels, focus on iron rich foods and pair them strategically to boost absorption. It then listed foods that might help, starting with meats, followed by three helpful bullet points. Pair non hemi irons with vitamin C sources gives a bunch of examples to increase absorption. Avoid consuming calcium rich foods, dairy tea or coffee with iron rich meals as they can inhibit absorption. And cook and cast iron pants to add small amounts byron to food. Blah blah blah. Yeah a second, probably quite ready yet, but that could be the role of AI. It's like a supervising health quarterback.
Speaker 1: I know this is about AI and not about iron, But you want to raise your iron and you eat foods cooked in a cast iron pot because it picks up some of the iron.
Speaker 3: That's what it's said. Wow, I know, I know I had the same reaction. I'm like, really, how much? So you used to take in chunks of iron if your iron is low? Okay, how about I just you know, take some sandpaper and you know, get some good iron dust going and then just lap it up.
Speaker 1: If I go to home, deepot and get a bowl of bolts and I just sit and lick on them.
Speaker 2: During while I'm watching the World Series. Well, you kid, it's very relaxing. Yeah, low calorie. What'd you say, Michael? What do you Oh? My gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The good folks of Prize Picks a quick message from them.
Speaker 3: Get in on the baseball action while at last the NBA is up and running. You got your football, of course, and Prize Picks is the easiest, most fun way to get in fantasy sports. It's simply you just picked more or less on two or more player sat projections.
Speaker 2: If your picks come in, you cash in Thursday.
Speaker 1: So we got an NFL game tonight, and of course basketball pretty much every single day. Price Picks now offers stacks, meaning you can pick the same player up the three times in the same lineup. Use the example of Steph Curry, one of the great basketball players of all time. You could go three pointers, points and assists all three, and you could pick all three in the same lineup only on Price Picks.
Speaker 2: So download the Prize Picks app today and use.
Speaker 1: The code Armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 3: And on Prize Picks, how he plays up to you. If you want flexibility, choose flex Play, where you can get paid even if one of your picks misses. If you want the biggest payouts, go for the power Play. No matter how you play, Price Picks a great way to put your takes to the test. Download that Prize Picks app today again use the code Armstrong Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: It's good to be right now, Back to the AI aspect of the medical thing. The whole joke about you know, you look up your symptoms and give yourself Internet cancer. I've always found that funny because no matter if you just go with Google and you put in some symptoms, it tells you you got cancer and some sort it's useless information, and the doctors will warn you against it. But I could see how hold the whole Grock Gemini chat GPT, if you're somewhat specific, could be very damned handy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, in fact, that's basically what the doctors do, isn't it. Don't they They go into their their available information, and I've seen it myself where they read off their screen what they're being told.
Speaker 2: Well, Grock can do you the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my primary care doc, who thank god, is really good and we can see although it's you know, it's not what it used to be, but yeah, he'll literally say, that's a great question. Let's take a look, and you know you'll look it up. Essentially that men do that for you. Cool. Croc explains everything and if something seems unclear, I can ask a question or get clarification and ask again and again. It never out of time or patience free. Testosterone, for instance, can be expressed in several different units of measure. Groc explained, this translated my numbers is needed. I was set for the test because I was feeling tired. Doctor's web portal showed the results is slightly low, but the reference range for all men was for all men rather than those pushing seventy. Also, I was tested in the afternoon, when testosterone is typically lower. Groc said that the test should have been done in the morning, which nobody even the lab told me. Allowing for my age and time of day, my results were just fine.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: And I know, Katie, you've talked a lot about how much AI's helped you with all your pregnancy stuff.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, And it's great because it just creates one conversation and I don't have to go in and re explain myself every time.
Speaker 2: It just picks up right where we left off.
Speaker 1: That's one of the best things I like about the whole AI thing is you can just join back in the conversation like as a doctor or a friend, as opposed to starting from scratch every single time and you google it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, the other day. The other day, I said, I feel like crap. That was all I typed in, and it said, well, you're this far into your medication and this far.
Speaker 2: Along and this is why you don't feel well. I was like, this is wonderful. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The obligatory note of caution. This guy was trading stories with a buddy of his and his friends says, it has made two big mistakes with me, And when I challenged it, it said, you're right, and thanks for calling me out. But they were both kind of worrisome and made me at least somewhat more cautious.
Speaker 1: Is there a decent chance you type in your symptoms and chat GPT says, I think you should just kill yourself.
Speaker 2: That's what you should do now.
Speaker 3: It usually takes a while before it tells like a troubled teenager to off themselves.
Speaker 1: But yeah it works. You there, God, what is the stat I saw yesterday? I'll look it up on how many tens of thousands of people have been going to chat GPT and specific about wanting to kill themselves. I mean it's a common problem now, wow, social contagion probably, yeah, yeah, to some extent at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, we got mail bag on the way, lots of stuff. Stay here, I found the numbers what I was just talking about.
Speaker 1: Chat GPT says more than a million people every week are showing suicidal ideation that would be intent or planning. Now they are also being sued by the family of a sixteen year old went ahead and killed themselves because chat GPT told the kid that's what he should do. So they're probably trying to make it seem like, you know, what are we supposed to do? This is such a common thing. But that's interesting if true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'd say so. Yeah, let's talk about that more a little bit later. Here's your Freedom Love med quote of the day. It's sent along by Pawlow quoting John Adams. Papa, our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry would break the strongest courts of our constitution. As a whale goes through the through a net. Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other doomed mail bag.
Speaker 1: It reminds me We've got a new slogan, Starve the Lazy, Starve the Lazy.
Speaker 3: We're working on the T shirt slash hoodie slash hat design for the Armstrong and Armstrong and Getty Starved the Lazy campaign.
Speaker 2: Very excited about this.
Speaker 3: More on that no moment drop us a note mail bag at armstrong he Getty dot com. Nice note from Barry in Thailand, who is frequently hear from. He says, My nine year old grandson, who lives with us in Thailand, came.
Speaker 2: Up to me today. I asked, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: He replied six seven and laughed and ran away, left me speechless. That's in Thailand, tired of humanity.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's see.
Speaker 3: On the topic of starving the lazy and capitalism.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see.
Speaker 3: Curtis writes, my father taught us economics, so one of eight it's my father went to the third grade, started making money at eight years old selling cold pop dish shops in town, using a wagon with a free shaved dice kit keeping things cold.
Speaker 2: In nineteen twenty six.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Then he owned three dump trucks.
Speaker 3: Working on Route sixty six at age thirteen, hamburger stand in Clinton, Oklahoma. At sixteen, he died with much rental income. Of my seven siblings, five of us own businesses. We're all very wealthy, et cetera, et cetera. We started in real Lida. Still listening from Middle Tennessee. It's culture. There is a culture of success that some families and some people have. There's a culture of dependence. It's absolutely clear. Wait a second, you're from California, but you moved to Tennessee. I haven't heard of such a thing.
Speaker 2: That's weird. Let's see, Moving along, Mark writes.
Speaker 3: Gavin Newsom said, the hunger is the point that may be correct, except it's the Democratic position, not the Republican position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's encouraging people to be in poverty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Republicans are not making a good work of making that clear to people.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh, out of order?
Speaker 3: Stand bye, got of it, mornan Jack and Joe writes Mary in the Home. Shout out Mary, longtime listener, very helpful compiles our end of the year lists for us, just out of love and kindness. Thank you Mary anyway, she says to the anti work idiots on Reddit who said everything everyone should have free shelter, food, and water. You're on, bro. Here's your tenth for your shelter. Here are your seeds so you can grow your own food. Here's your spot down by the river. A filter for your water so you have something to drink. Oh sorry, there's no money for your cell phone or anything else for that matter. No electricity, no clothing, no bedding, certainly no food stamps or anything else for that matter. This is all you want. Go ahead and take it. That's it, that's what you wanted. Perfect, that's all you get here. You go happy to help now scram resist.
Speaker 2: Me much Marry in the Home. I love you, Mary.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome boy. A lot of people commenting on Bill Gates about face. Bill Gates writes, there and old global warming Bill Gates, the one that claims he's trying to help save the world, yet whose own company is stating for security reasons they're forcing Windows update that requires a certain chepst which sending over two hundred million perfectly good computers to the eWays dumpsters due to the incompatibility.
Speaker 1: That guy, great guy Lol. Then Bill, Steve Gilaine Maxwell says hey.
Speaker 3: Then Steve writes, get ready for the wave of influential people to soften their opinion on climate change, not because of some epiphany about how to attack this existential threat to all of mankind, as mister Gates has suggested. Bill is in the computing business. AI is the focus of his motives. Supercomputer data centers are growing fast and they gobble up electricity faster than the cities. Green energy can't keep up with the demands of AI. Bill needs power for his investments, simple as that.
Speaker 1: He could also also could be you know, reality hitting him with this, and this was the way into the reality.
Speaker 2: But that all makes sense.
Speaker 3: Well it does, and you're probably right, Steve, But he used to be wrong and what he's saying now is right. So isn't it least conceivable that he just realized that Well, I don't know. I like the dark motives idea better. Got some good emails on the difference between Republicans and Democrats.
Speaker 2: Being proud of the country. We can get to it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Even The New York Times says kjp's book tour is a train wreck. I can't believe the New York Times had such a negative review of what she's doing, So we'll have to get at that at some point too. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty