Speaker 1: All right, everybody, welcome back to Dead Air. My name is Dean Blundell, my co host for Dead Air as always Steve Schmidt on behalf of the Save America Movement. It's been a labor of love since March, you know, covering things that mainstream media just does not cover, a misrepresentas, or doesn't want you to know.
Speaker 2: That's the purpose of Dead Air.
Speaker 1: And so when Steve asked me to join him at the Save America Movement, I was on it and honored because of Steve, but more honored because we get a chance to talk about the things that fall through the crass that the Trump Regene wants to fall through the craps. We've been here twice a week since March, every Saturday, every Monday, and even though Congress is gone, even though the Senate is gone, even though everybody's taking the dog days of summer, we wanted you to have something to watch. And the first episode is about eating the press. The addition that we're going to give you today of Dead Air is the best of sorts from a couple of different shows. One of them was about the Scott Pelley Christen Walker firing and the takeover CBS on behalf of the.
Speaker 2: Trump regime Larry Ellison Wise.
Speaker 1: The other one was a conversation we had in June with Marshawn Camise if you remember in Louisiana, Nola, Louisiana representative who completely understands what's at stake here, and we thought that this would be a.
Speaker 2: Great moves bouche.
Speaker 1: As you're out of break, we're our breaks it to remind you about what's at stake in the United States of America and what isn't getting talked about enough. Sol Welcome to the holiday edition of Dead Air Best of with Scott Pelly, Christen Welker, my friend Steve Schmid I'll behalf the Save America Movement, and my friend Marshawn Camise from Louisiana.
Speaker 3: Enjoy.
Speaker 4: Let's start with the White House correspondence to dinner. Steve, you and I were at the Substack party this weekend. We were locked down. Not an assassination attempt. It was a breach being painted as an assassination attempt. You know, stage not stage convenient. Inconvenient doesn't matter. It's what this Trump regen does with the information that they try to get us where they try to paint us into a corner with the narrative that they want and the narrative that they're going with today, Steve is that this was another assassination, tempt a third Donald Trump needs this ballroom to protect himself from the wiles of all these crazy people that the radical left Democrats are sending into ballrooms around the world to attack them. And we have competing narratives and videos about what happened that night, but just an overarching comment before we get to the actual video of not only Trump being evacuated after JD. Evans, which has caused a problem, but of course him wiping out and taking ahead or eating shit on the way out, and the sixty minutes interview last night, which we're going to get to as well.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll take a nibble on the stupidity of the premise here, which is that the ballroom somehow pret hext the president and that this happened is the rationale now for the ballroom. But why would this event ever be ever have been held in the White House ballroom. It's not a White House event, it's a Correspondence Association event. They invite the president to it. In fact, he's been invited to it many times, and he's never come. Would he have hosted it in the White House ballroom? And again, to be clear, there must never be a White House ballroom. His knocking down of the East Wing of the White House never ever will not be an outrageous and despicable act. And every democratic president, we will have a democratic president. Soon, we're gonna have a democratic Senate and Democratic House of Representatives, and there's gonna be a check on this insanety. But to a brick, the East Wing needs to be restored, and whatever monstrosity, including this desecrative two hundred and fifty foot arch in the shadow of the Lincoln Memorial and the Vietnam Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery, if that is ever built, that too needs to be knocked down. And the landscape of the mall needs to be restored. We walked around the mall. Yesterday's monuments look like shit. They're on kempt. The Martin Luther King Memorial has bird shit dripping down down the granite. The condition of them all was disgusting, including the Korean War Memorial. The desecrations of this era have to be put back right. And so no, no ballroom, and the speciousness of the argument that if we had a ballroom there wouldn't be a threat to the president may be one of the stupidest things he's ever said. And there's an amount olympus of stupidity every day to climb and to try to get to the top of. So it no, no ballroom. This has nothing to do with a ballroom. Just because there might be a ballroom doesn't mean every event that takes place within the fifty thousand acre city of Washington is going to take place in the ballroom. They have nothing to do with one another. And so when you see all these coast playing magamorns, and they are magamorns on X and everywhere else crying out for the I don't want to hear another word about it. He needs his ballroom. Get the fuck out of here. No, never, no ballroom.
Speaker 4: Well well said, that was what I was looking for, which was arching sort of understanding of how fucking ridiculous and stupid this is. And let's get to some of the semantics of it. Six minutes after the alleged shooter allegedly tried to assassinate Donald Trump in the entire liquor cabinet from a floor away.
Speaker 2: You had thousands of tweets go.
Speaker 4: Out from the mega talking point, screw big chat groom with you know, end wokeness, lips of TikTok et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, and then all of a sudden you started to see Donald Trump start to repeat the same thing, this is why we need a ballroom, and that went viral. Todd blanche sends a letter to Congress yesterday going, hey.
Speaker 2: Guys, got to speed it up. Gotta speed up in the ballroom.
Speaker 4: This stuff will never happen if we don't get this ballroom. This is the fucking Attorney general. But let's let's have a look at what happened and leave the ballroom conversation just for a second, because this is being painted as Donald Trump is a martyr. Everybody's in danger, another assassination attempt. Let's get to it. This is the first video that we see. I think Getty put it out. If we could play that for us, it'd be great. There you go, there's Trump getting taken out. There you go falls down. Uh, this is the short version. If we want to watch that one more time, but we could play that real quick. You see Laura Lumer there on the ground too. She's no, there we go, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: There's Jad He goes out.
Speaker 4: First, right, and then they're kind of standing around Trump. He's not sure what's going on, and incomes some I don't know, Secret Service wat guys. They standing in front of him, look cool. Then they grabbed Trump. He stands up immediately hits the dirt like fucking immedia.
Speaker 3: Dirt. I put that out as soft as they look. I guess.
Speaker 2: There's Laura, she's not sure what to do.
Speaker 4: She's leading, but there's no Christino. Let's let me break down three of the things that are that are that are presenting a problem for Donald Trump with that video today. One he said he never wiped out. We'll get to that in just a second and sixty minutes. Video Two, he's really pissed off because they pulled jd Vance out first, which you can tell right. Jd Vance goes out first. So one of the rumors that has been substantiate is Donald Trump is very upset he was taken out second because he believes that's a slight on his importance in the mix.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: It is, it is.
Speaker 4: And the other thing he's saying is that this was an assassination. Stimpany barely made it out alive. Let's watch Pete haig seth. I'm not sure what we got that, but he's got cocaine face right there.
Speaker 2: That's that's Pete. There you go. He clearly falls down.
Speaker 3: Down girl.
Speaker 2: There he goes. There he goes.
Speaker 3: He's not down girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we'll get to his explanation, but but there surely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How do you feel about this? The JD.
Speaker 4: Vans thing, and of course him wiping out saying he didn't and and the fact that he was taking out second, I think it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: I think he.
Speaker 5: Should feel slighted, well, you know, in all in all seriousness, and I and I say this from the bottom of my heart. I want Donald Trump to live to be about one hundred and seven years old.
Speaker 3: I want him.
Speaker 5: Uh to live in a country where he feels, for a long time the full entity of the American people feels the disdain. I want him to watch the uh Trump Kennedy Center letter be scraped off. I want him to see the video record of all that shit he put up on the walls of the White House being taken down.
Speaker 3: I want I want him to live for a long.
Speaker 5: Time and to see the contempt and to disgrace in the in the long season of accountability that that will come. So when it when it comes to the American head of state, I want to see a secret service that's competent and able. And apparently we don't have one, There's no question about that. And what you saw there with regard to the two men, Vance and Trump, those are two different teams, two different security details. And obviously one of those details is like a better baseball team than the other detail. Right, they're a faster team, they're on top of it. The Vice president's detail was there, they got their guy boo, they're out of it. President's detail, right, no idea, what's happening? You have the President of the United States sitting there in a chair. These guys come running in. You know what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: There's a there's a discharged weapon outside the door, there's no security inside the perimeter, just a just a total force, a total.
Speaker 3: Lack of discipline.
Speaker 5: And then as we're walking around, you know, fifteen blocks away, they have the streets closed and every dipshit with a federal badge and an automatic rifles walking up and down the streets.
Speaker 3: It's it's absurd, it's absurd.
Speaker 5: And there ought to be there ought to be hell to pay the the American taxpayer pays an astounding amount of money for the for the protection of these these people, and uh, what a what a joke it all is, and what a what a force the idea that this is the justification now for the for the ballroom and all of the shrill, self righteous, grand standing, moral indignation.
Speaker 3: With crocodile tears falling, we want our ballroom, the Trumps to get the fuck out of here. You know.
Speaker 4: One of the clips I wish we had, I don't think we do, is you talk about the performative aspect of this Eric Kirk when she was being hustled out by her own secret security, where she had a smile face and then she realized the cameras are on and she starts crying.
Speaker 2: Immediately, She's like, I just want to go home. I just want to go home.
Speaker 4: Noted other terrible reactions to this whole thing. Steve Schmidt, uh cash Battel, who's on his last legs apparently, big old pistrunk cash Battel, the head of the FBI, mister, tough guy, mister I'm gonna get you. Mister, you can't hide from us. I'll get all the crime. We protect the greatest leader in the world. I want you to watch what he was doing as this whole thing started to break.
Speaker 2: Here, May do we have the cash fortel clip. This is incredible. There's cash. He's hiding. He's like, what's happening.
Speaker 4: I'll just if I keep my head down, maybe no one will notice.
Speaker 5: That's the fucking director of the Fbiow, that's the director.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who did it?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's incredible, right, I just think about the breaching equipment. They're like, the director's out, the tailor's eight bottles of open foods.
Speaker 3: On that table.
Speaker 2: To protect him from himself, you know.
Speaker 3: Not laying down.
Speaker 5: He's not right, He's not He's not Elliott Nests in that in that moment, to say the least.
Speaker 2: No, that's a nice way to put it. Uh, he wasn't Elliott Ness in that moment.
Speaker 4: But more importantly, what I thought was really interesting too, were all the people as soon as this whole thing he looked terrified.
Speaker 2: They look look at them, look at them, look at this.
Speaker 3: Terrified look at them. The swelling that one. Look at that one right there at the two bottles.
Speaker 2: Ticking the wine, chugging the wine.
Speaker 3: You got like all the people. Can we watch that again? That's my favorite clip.
Speaker 5: Watch this woman right in slow motion here on the right, she's going to go in.
Speaker 3: She's gonna grab the wine. Watch with some wine chant and oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Some red, a nice bottle of red.
Speaker 3: Got it, She's got it.
Speaker 2: That's how serious it was.
Speaker 4: There as soon as as soon as the attempted assassination was over, the reporters that were left were stealing booze off the tables.
Speaker 2: That's how seriously that breach was. Can we can we have a looking for Barry Wis? She likes persecco.
Speaker 4: One of the one of the other clips that I thought was really interesting was watching h R f K Junior leaves Cheryl Hines behind us.
Speaker 2: Did you see that one?
Speaker 5: There was like a movie about this, like at a at a French a French movie and a resort like during an avalanche, and the and the guy, the husband jumps out of the way leaving his family behind like that.
Speaker 2: There you go, there's Cheryl. She's hanging out. She's like, oh my god, oh.
Speaker 5: My God, I feel like we should read the poem. Which one the poem he wrote to Olivia Nutcy.
Speaker 3: Oh about the canyon, my canyon and not so much Stephen Miller.
Speaker 5: And Stephen Miller is using his wife is like a human shield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the way out.
Speaker 4: Also copped a field too, on the way out too with his wife. I don't eve you saw that, which was interesting and and of all things, you know, other than looking like he was coked out of his mind, this is this is. This is Peter Tony Duopple's video, by the way, pointed out in our comms meeting, this is the best journalism he's done in the last ten years.
Speaker 2: So the Senate there, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Look at that Look at that guy he's in the US. Look at that fatter man.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jesus Christ, Shrek fetterman. But this is These are the reactions of the most important people in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: These are the toughest people in the United States of America.
Speaker 4: They abandoned ship, they have dude, they abandoned their wives.
Speaker 3: He looks guilty of something there.
Speaker 4: Well, you see the you see the chin, you know, you know, the gnashing of teeth. Yeah, I said he's got cocaine face, only because I've seen that before several times. I'm not making any assumptions she knows what's happening.
Speaker 3: Frank Stormy Daniels, I just say it was.
Speaker 4: Just an amazing evening. We were locked down. You pointed out we're ten fifteen blocks away.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why we were locked down.
Speaker 2: I don't either, Like people.
Speaker 6: Seven Yeah, Usa, USA, proud moment, A stud over.
Speaker 3: The contrary, proud moment.
Speaker 5: What do you say, senator, senator man, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, the United States senator? All right?
Speaker 4: I mean these are the way hoose correspondence dinner in a mechanic shirt, by.
Speaker 3: The way goofball.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, what a moment. I mean the suspension of reality that that was a proud moment. You know, it's it was only it was only you know, combated or it's only equal from this last weekend. Other than them trying to sell this as an assassination attempt. Was Donald Trump trying to convince everybody on sixty minutes last night that he didn't fall down, they didn't wipe out when.
Speaker 2: We can clearly see it.
Speaker 4: I mean, this was indicative of everything that we know to be the Trump REGIMESM it's, as you pointed out, this is a shtick, this is a lie. But if we have that clip, if we can play the clip of him with Nora O'donald's basically saying, yeah, I didn't fall down.
Speaker 2: I was inspecting the ground.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's watch that.
Speaker 7: Get a little point down.
Speaker 3: What was happening.
Speaker 8: Well, what happened is it was a little bit of me. I wanted to see what was happening, and I wasn't making it that easy for him. I wanted to see what.
Speaker 3: Was going on.
Speaker 6: I left my periscope and by that time we started to realize maybe it was a bad problem, different kind of a problem, bad one and different than what would be normal noise from.
Speaker 8: A ballroom, which you hear all the time. And I was surrounded by great people and I probably made them act a little bit more slur. I said, wait a minute, wait a minute, let me see wait a minute.
Speaker 5: So you know I'm telling just at that moment where it looks like you go sort of down with the.
Speaker 8: Well, I know what happened is then I started walking with him. I turned, I started walking and there's it. Please go down, Please.
Speaker 3: Go down on the floor, so I will ride you like a pony.
Speaker 8: And we were asked to go down by the agents as I was walking other words, I wanted you to crawl.
Speaker 3: Were standing up pretty much. I was standing up like Laura Lumer.
Speaker 8: Then turned around the opposite direction and started pretty much walking out, pretty tall, a little bent open because you know, I'm not looking to be standing too tall.
Speaker 2: And but I was walking out.
Speaker 8: It was pretty about halfway there, and they said, please go down to the floor, Please go down to the floor. So I dropped to the floor.
Speaker 3: So to the first lady, yeah it happened right now.
Speaker 7: Well let's watch there you go boom.
Speaker 4: It's insanity, dude, he's like trying to tell us.
Speaker 2: He's like I had to.
Speaker 4: I was just I wanted to see what's going on on the floor, could be trouble on the floor that maybe people miss.
Speaker 2: I just want to check it out. That's why I went down check it out.
Speaker 3: You know, Carolyn Levit dropped a glass back there. I want to make sure she was okay.
Speaker 4: It's insanity that that's me is insanity that he's trying to sell that on sixty minutes this morning, like it's absolute insanity because we can see we we can clearly see what's going on. It's like anybody that's watched the video of the breach, you can clearly see that the president was in no danger. Or if you read exactly where where Cole Allen was, he was clearly a floor above ten locked doors away. He didn't even get past the magnometer or whatever they call that thing.
Speaker 2: He like, you couldn't like they got him.
Speaker 3: Before in any danger.
Speaker 2: Zero.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no one in that room was in any danger. Woman got the bottles of wine. That was good for her. The incredible story that Trump told just madness. And I'll say I traveled all over the world with secret Service. But it's been a while, it's been a minute. I'm not sure these guys were. Those guys just unbelievable chaos, chaos.
Speaker 3: Should I get that one too?
Speaker 4: We got a couple of bottles. Yeah, it was funny too, because this all happens.
Speaker 3: They were terrified, right, Yeah, got a bottle.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: These elections are rigged. Your network knows.
Speaker 9: That they're rigged. You know that I won an election in a landslide, and I got ninety four press because you have no credibility, but you've.
Speaker 3: Never presented evidence it was rigged.
Speaker 1: Let's keep telling you that.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about Tom.
Speaker 9: You have more evidence, there's more evidence than ever present. Let's talk to your elections in this country. We're like a third world country. Your elections are crooked, and your crooked and read the presses crooked, and show is ABC and CBS and CNN, your one sided crooked network. Right, let's call it quits because I've had enough.
Speaker 3: Thank you, darling, have a goodness the president. Let's please, I traveled all the way to Wisconsin.
Speaker 9: I've traveling, I know, on and off in the ring, and I've given you enough time. You want to straighten out your press because you know what, the country can never be great travels.
Speaker 1: He traveled all the way to Wisconsin for there you go.
Speaker 2: He's he's doing great. Wow, Oh Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump, Ladies and gentlemen, losing what is left of his ship in Wisconsin with the venerable and absolute ace this weekend, Meet the press. Kristen Welker, who who pressed him for information? Steve Hey, California rigged election? Spencer Pratt not gonna be the mayor. Hey, you seem really big mad about it. Hey, it's all rig It's all rigged. Where's the evidence. I can't have any I'm just people to talk to. It's the stuff I see. It's what I know. You're crooked, or you're stupid, or you get I'm leaving. I mean the four phases of stupidity wrapped up into about a minute and a half there. This weekend an absolute disaster for Donald Trump, Steve Schmidt for the ages in your life. To quote a golf commentator, in your life, have you ever.
Speaker 2: Seen anything like.
Speaker 3: I lied? Yes, yeah, once, but not in real life.
Speaker 5: Depicted on the screen in black and white, and the occasion was Humphrey Bogard.
Speaker 3: The movie is The kinge Sutiny.
Speaker 5: And the captain goes crazy and he unwinds during a cross examination during the court martial. The paranoid captain was on a hunt over missing strawberries on the ship in a theater of war. It's an incredible movie. Maybe Jack Nicholson playing in A Few Good Men.
Speaker 3: Total unraveling. Yeah, by the.
Speaker 5: Way, he can barely stand up out of a chair at the at the end of this.
Speaker 3: Total total unraveling and no control.
Speaker 5: Uh, absolute utter whack job. No evidence whatsoever, the greatest lie in history. I think that Kristen Welker did a great job in this interview, except for at the end when he gets up to go and she's like, no, no, no, But mister President, I came all the way to Wisconsin. Right, This isn't John Miller going to the Hindu Kush to interview Bin Laden and Ben Laden doesn't show up, right, she went to Wisconsin and as he was getting up right, And I mean this very seriously and not not blithely as constructive criticism.
Speaker 3: Right. And I don't know. I hope some journalists watch this. I know some. Do you get him in that position? You go in for the kill?
Speaker 5: Well, this is a business that requires a killer instinct to some degree.
Speaker 3: And she should have.
Speaker 5: Kept firing questions out him. Why are you leaving this interview? Is it because there is no evidence? Is there no evidence, mister President, of your claims that the election was stolen?
Speaker 3: There is no evidence, is there? Mister President? Shed every right.
Speaker 5: And I would argue responsibility to keep pressing on so long as he was in earshot and camera range, and he should have been filmed exiting the stage in his entirety but wow, what an embarrassment. And in a very dangerous way, you get an insight what happens when somebody tries to deliver bad news to him, but someone tries to question him. So can you imagine the whack jobbery that goes on in the situation room as we're losing this war, how unhinged he is, and nobody can ever tell him he's wrong. And so we're in this moment in time now where his numbers are in a state of abject collapse. He is a thirty percent approval. No one can tell him that he needs to disappear. So the answer to all problems is more Trump, more Trump talking, and every time it's a disaster.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna watch some other clips.
Speaker 5: And I don't mean to be insulting, and I'm I'm I'm actually a very tolerant person of of other people's views and and try to approach life through the prism of understanding how someone else sees the world. But I gotta tell you now, with that going on, the physical desecrations at a White House, the corruption, if you're you're just an ordinary guy, an American, a farmer, Joe who's sitting next to women Iowa, wherever you are on the John Deere set in support of this, You're a fucking moron because this guy is wrecking your your business.
Speaker 2: H Scott Pelly.
Speaker 4: Scott Pelley was simarily fired with cause, which is unbelievable. It's a whole other story, after challenging new producer Nick Bilton and Barry Weiss to explain to him why they gutted the most successful season in CBS's history. Viewership, as Scott said, up nine percent, you know, which is huge in the network television industry and a diminished in a diminished mainstream media outlet and non appointment watching on television.
Speaker 2: And then you had one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Increase with the digitization of the brand of sixty minutes specifically online. They reached about two point three billion people last year. Two point three It's a quarter of the Earth's population. That's who watched sixty minutes last year, and summarily fired Tanya Simon. Executive producer Bill Owen was also hushered out. And then you had to see Lea Vegas, Sharon Alfonsei, and then Scott Pelly got fired for bringing that up. Scott Pelly got fired and stood on his business, and we'll get to that business that he stood on because one of the clips, and we'll start with this, includes Donald Trump weighing in because he's not busy enough la the world on fire and lying to farmers about their fortune. He wanted to say something about Scott Pelly, and Scott Kelly found out about it in this unbelievable New York Times interview. I want to play this for you, then we'll get into the whole Scott Pelly thing. This weekend because of the fallout from the receipts that he brought in that interview have been cataclysmic for Barry Weiss and CBS and something's got to move.
Speaker 2: But we'll get to that after we play this clip.
Speaker 4: This is Scott Pelly talking about hearing that Trump has weighed in on Scott Pelly's fortune.
Speaker 2: Let's play that clip if we can.
Speaker 9: Like President Trump reacted to your being.
Speaker 2: Fired, did he? He went on a podcast and called you a stiff.
Speaker 3: Surprised but the President of the United States would bother to notice.
Speaker 2: But okay, please please tell me I'm not aware of this.
Speaker 5: He also said you were part of this gang of stupid, crooked people that don't care about your country, stupid.
Speaker 3: I can take that stiff. Yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: Don't care about the country.
Speaker 3: M hmm.
Speaker 6: I've never worn the uniform, but I've been in combat for this country in Afghanistan and Iraq.