Speaker 1: Hey, you want to go out and get wasted on juice boxes. It's one more thing, one more thing. It'll all make sense, Katie, Okay, shy. Why am I making these hands in moments? I don't know. It's scaring me.
Speaker 2: Stop it. So before we get to whatever that is, the concept of being a human footstool came up on the Armstrong and Getty showed today. Oh my god, yes it did.
Speaker 1: We got an email that suggesting that sleeve boy should add that to his duties. Sleeve boy, sleeve boy, hands and knees right now, Daddy's legs are tired.
Speaker 2: I make him call me daddy. Oh man, that's rough. I was reading this book and it was a kid that went to a private prep school in England. And one of the weird things that happened at this horrible school, in addition to the bullying and sexual abuse, was the headmaster's wife would make two of the kids be a foot stool for her in the evening so she could rest her feet on top of them. And this was an elite, yeah, private where you sent your rich family, and you send your rich kids because you want them to be also, you know, movers and shakers in England. Yeah, really amazing. But and it reminded me I'd heard it in a podcast last year. I wish I could dig it up. I got to try to figure out where it was. Some war in the Middle East way back in the day, and like some sultan you know, takes over another piece of land there in the Middle East and makes that king be his footstool for like the rest of his life, be a human footstool for like twenty years or something like that.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if I'd go along. I think I might. I might, I might check out.
Speaker 2: Before I'd be somebody's footstool for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: I think that would. Yeah, it'd be tough on your back and your knees. I mean, if it had her execution.
Speaker 2: I wasn't thinking about it physically as much as just it's kind of demeaning, isn't it.
Speaker 1: What are you I woke up demeans this morning? I've done worse.
Speaker 2: What kind of life is that being someone's footstool. Well, it's demeaning, yeah, But if it's that or execution the guy. The guy's not sitting all day and all night you get time off.
Speaker 1: You have no self respect I'd rather be alive.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I would.
Speaker 1: I could write poetry in my head as I sat there with his feet on my back. I could think about anything I wanted. I could write songs. I could have a happy and productive life when I'm not being in footstool. I don't know. You live and you endure, you overcome.
Speaker 3: I have so many questions, like if on your downtime, when you're not a footstool, how.
Speaker 2: Much freedom do you have?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do I have a car?
Speaker 3: Can I go about my regular day, but make sure i'm back for footstool hour or whatever?
Speaker 2: Seeing the get You're down at the mall shopping and they just text you and my feet are a little on the ground. If you know what I'm saying, I'm on my way home.
Speaker 3: We've been walking a lot. Twenty minute warning. I could deal I mean, I could deal with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is demeaning, but yeah, as long as it's fairly civil. Something tells me in the ancient Middle East it wasn't quite that enlightened.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah you get a beating on the way in and one on the way out, well, then yeah, I'd hurtl myself off the castle wall or onto a sword or something. But the fact that the guy hung in there for twenty years says to me, you know, it's all right.
Speaker 2: You know that's a that's a decent comment right there. That great benefits. You're off hours, hit a creep, got a four wooden k.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I'm traded very well. Yeah, it's dirty feet around my back. Other than that, it's pretty enlightened. He's got great taste in music, and I get to listen to it. Obviously, I'm there.
Speaker 2: I'm furniture for a rich guy. But every now and then he clips his toenails, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and you know the harem girls. I'm not supposed to look, but I'd grab a glance. I mean, he's not looking at me. It's it's fine. Beat's getting your head sawed off anyway. So my reference to getting wasted on juice box is a ten year old California girl is set to graduate from college this spring. She says, I just enjoy learning. There's so many interesting things out there, which is true.
Speaker 2: Ten. Is this the youngbe eleven at the ceremony? Is this the youngest ever?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've heard, you know, we've all heard the sixteens, fifteen thirteen. I don't think I've ever heard of ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She learned how to read at two years old and began doing algebra at the age of five. Started taking classes at a community college in Ukaypa, California, when she was eight. It's very fun to me, she says. It's almost as fun as playing outside or riding a bike or doing whatever. I just enjoy learning. There's so many interesting things out there, you know, it's it's funny people. Uh no, I don't think so. Let me let me say probably not. I mean she's a child. Oh there, she is, lovely gal, Oh what a cutie. Anyway, she's not gonna end up a human footstool. People react with incredulity and wonder and amazement at this sort of thing. And I've for years and years and you just thought it's so silly. And it reminds me of one thing I hate, Katie. That's very odd. I hate when people gush over a child who can sing like an adult.
Speaker 2: That is something that sets Joe off, Katie out of you didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Well. People are like, oh my god, she's amazing. Listen to that voice. Oh my god, and she's only a child. Oh my god, it's like this little girl. It's not merit that she's that intelligent. I mean she has a fair amount of character and a curious mind, which I think is great. She's not better than you. Her brain just works differently. It's like being exceptionally tall. I don't point at somebody who's very tall and say, oh my god, he's six foot five. That's much taller than average people. Because sand a certain number of people fall outside the averages and stuff like that. So some kid's throat is formed in a way that she sounds somewhat like an adult when she sings. Who cares you know what she's gonna sound like when she is an adult, like a sing an adult. It's not like she got anywhere worth getting. She's just there earlier. It's not like she's going to continue to be so much better a singer than the rest of humanity by the time she's an adult. Her her voice can some of the angels and care cancer. That's not the way it works. I have never heard someone this upset about Oh I'm implementing get upset. I'm upset about stupid people who gush about someone who can sing like an adult at age twelve.
Speaker 2: Honest to god, if my kids started reading really well at age two and everything, I'd think, WHOA, we have got a situation to manage. Yeah, I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I mean, if I could choose it or not, I'd choose not. I'd rather have a kid of normal intelligence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know's It's definitely a challenge and an opportunity. Now, unlike the singing youngster, this young lady might continue to learn throughout her lifetime and achieve great things.
Speaker 2: I certainly hope that for or only fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of super geniuses don't end up happy. So oh yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, No, I was just gonna say a crack a dumb joke, so continue.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry I missed it. Yeah. I've known more than one person who is of like a crazy intelligence that can't get their act together and or their borderline, or actually just mentally ill and fantastically intelligent. It's just as we've said for a long time, genius is another brand of my brain. Doesn't work like other people's brains, and sometimes it can be great, but not always.
Speaker 2: Uh. I meant I wouldn't not from a parenting standpoint for my kid, I wouldn't choose them to have that brain just because. Okay, so now you're at community college and you're eight. That's not a comfortable situation. Now and you're at college at ten, you're not going to have the college experience that you'd have with an average intelligence that is, and having a high school experience, none of it.
Speaker 1: It's just and so I actually know somebody. I'm going to be very very vague about this for obvious reasons, but mom is exceptionally bright and her daughter is off the charts, and it's tough sometimes for the kid to relate to kids her age. Sure she has nothing to say to them. Well, I don't want to go any further than that, because I'm not like intimately in their lives. But I'm reminded of a great line from the best incarnation of Sherlock Holmes that's ever existed, the Benedict Cumberbatch with Mark what's his who's Mycroft homes? But that's Sherlock homes smarter older brother who says to Sherlock, you think it's difficult for you, For me, it's like living in a world of goldfish, which is you know, obviously a tad demeaning sort of fellow who might use you as a stool school. But yeah, to be that bright as a child, maybe you're still into playing with Dolly's and think puppies are cute and stuff like that and want to draw rainbows. But it'd be tough.
Speaker 2: And uh, what is a kid going to major in? Do we know that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. But her dream is to someday work in artificial intelligence. She's talking about building a startup with her dad, which is sweet.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: We're all going to be her footstool someday. I'd be happy to be a hunter. Indeed.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to grunt a little as I get to the ground as an old older fellow. But let's get this started. Imagine being a singing human footstool, not only letting them put your feet on their back, sing me a song, footstool. Yeah, I could see that being part of the deal. I mean, if you're a human footstool, you're not going to say no, I don't want to sing. No, I'd say you're a human footstool. You're gonna do what you're told.
Speaker 2: Everybody cut everybody cut foot loose now, don't sing foot related songs. I want other stuff.
Speaker 1: I am going to kick you if you make another joke like that footstool.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's it.