Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of You Can't Arrest a Sitting President Present Trends, President Trend, President trend. Yeah, Fat Miles, Yeah, we're already there. It's like, what what No to throw the case out? You mean the case?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I'm convicted? You are convicted about that? I'm the I'm the fucking president. Gotta go.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that soon. Yeah.
Speaker 3: First up, we're getting some cabinet picks.
Speaker 1: Baby, A lot of people waiting to see was he gonna like follow through on, you know, do the thing. You know, Harris promised to have a Republican and her cabinet, So is he gonna have He's.
Speaker 4: So anti war. He's so anti war. Remember that's one of the things.
Speaker 2: He's gonna stop all the wars. He's gonna stop all the wars. And then you have a.
Speaker 4: Fucking hawk Marco Rubio as our secret area of state.
Speaker 3: All I could do for.
Speaker 4: Me, he is at least it does it? Fully want to just be like fuck NATO.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I look, it could have been like again a sentient barf bag, but no, it's Marco Rubio.
Speaker 2: Chief of staff will be Susie Wiles who ran the.
Speaker 1: Campaign Marky Rubbs, I feel.
Speaker 2: Marquie the Rube.
Speaker 4: Yeah maybe, But anyway, Susie Wilds is going to be the first woman to serve as chief of staff, so history. Being made Deputy chief of Staff for Policy is teenage mutant Ninja Gebels aka Stephen Miller, which is not the most powerful position, but the formal title of the office has little to do with how influential this person is going to be in terms of immigration policy. The EPA director Lee Zelden, who you know, congress former congressman from New York.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's He has a law background, so maybe that'll come in handy when you have to undo everything at the e p A.
Speaker 3: The EPA director will just be in charge of destroying the e p A.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh. Un Ambassador elis stophonic for everyone in a PAC is celebrating because she couldn't be more of a freak than that.
Speaker 2: And again, she'll be the un.
Speaker 4: Ambassador Nicki Haley. That was, unfortunately Nicki Haley's former position. It looks like she's being offered fuck all. But again, Nicki Haley, that's that's what happens because you really thought you could just be like I'm against him.
Speaker 2: No, I'm for him. I'm again, Well, what.
Speaker 1: Has anybody listened to the like pro Trump podcasts? Like they you know, like there's all these like young what's that this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, we know nobody's listened to this one. Oh no, the like all the young guy like the full stop or whatever, oh full Send, full Send.
Speaker 3: Podcast and all that shit.
Speaker 1: Like I'm just wondering, are they are theyring it back? Are they are they like, yeah, Nikki Haley, your fate? You know, Like what fun is it being the podcast like a bunch of young guys who are like, yeah, fuck everything and then being like the President's great, I love the president. You know, like what do they just go back to like I don't four to seven.
Speaker 2: Or what is that? No?
Speaker 4: Actually, uh I might. We'll have to see. We will have to see. Well I don't think so. I doubt that they're gonna be like, dude, that's so wild, dude. He said he's gonna be like more of like a pacifist. Dude, I'm seeing a bunch of like neo con warhawks enter the.
Speaker 1: CA's like kind of a kind of a suss move.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh Department of Homeland Security. Guess what puppy side is on the menu, because that's where Christy Nome is going to end up in charge of DHS.
Speaker 1: She can make decisions, you know. Yeah, obviously, Miles, she actually likes to make. Please let her make a hard decision for you.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, if the puppy is sick, if the puppy and has a little limp, if the puppy is annoying, Yeah.
Speaker 2: In a way, it is probably the more terror.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of people thought it could be Marjorie Taylor Green and people are like, oh, thank god, it's Christy Nolan. It's like the person who will dispatch a puppy for being too puppy, Like, that's the person who we're gonna put in charge of this like fucking agency we need to do away with anyway. And then the other thing we found out is that Mike Huckabee will be the ambassador to Israel. So hey for all of y'all waiting for the rapture baby.
Speaker 1: Right, Like the one of the big reasons that evangelicals are pro Israel is because they think it's going to bring about the end times and the rapture that the Bible talks about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and he Mike, Mike Pompeo, who is our others?
Speaker 1: You just seem to be Mike and and government and that's kind of what where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: Mike Pence, Mike Pompeo, Mike Huckaby.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm like there's also like more stories about like mar A Lago. Just sounds like this fucked up, like real life hybrid of like those HBO shows like Silicon Valley and Succession where it's like just fucking knifing each other people trying to get the president's attention. It sounds like he's giving a lot of attention to total political novices, like influencers and like business people, and I don't know, we'll see where it goes. And the one thing that people are like at, you know, kind of maybe concerned with in terms of like Republican majorities, is that like he's picking a lot of people from Congress, and the Republican majority is very slim.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think a lot of these people that he's picking are coming from pretty red districts or states, so it might not be that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, what we'll see. We'll see how that all looks.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I mean the first Trump presidency, like the way the people jagging for uh influence were people who like golfed with him and like you know, guys who had like roofing companies and stuff. Then like Florida and you know, there were some billionaires sprinkled in. But now it's going to be now that it's just like everyone who's a billionaire is like on board. It could be real some real high level knife fighting happening.
Speaker 4: Is this going to trigger like a like billionaire fight to be like, you guys are cutting us billionaires out of your scheme to completely take all the money out of this country.
Speaker 2: We want in And they're like no, yeah, And then what do they do. They're like, we got to bring you down. Now we're the other billionaires.
Speaker 4: Like I mean cause that this You know, the thing about billionaires is they like us like something stable, because that keeps the money printing machine on.
Speaker 2: When you start throwing everything into chaos. That's this is kind of what happened last time.
Speaker 4: They were they didn't the business leaders weren't you know, they weren't obviously principled enough to really say anything against Trump, but they're like in private, they're like, well, we'd rather not the fucking chaos because it doesn't make me as rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now they're fully bought in. I think it's gonna continue to be really good for billionaires, probably good for Wall Street, and fucking terrible for everybody else. Let's see if anybody can articulate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Joe Rogan of the left, perhaps the Rock, we have.
Speaker 3: To get to the main story of the day.
Speaker 1: The Rock has blasted a report claiming that he peas in water bottles and is eight hours late to set, specifically on his latest film, Red One, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that one looks cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was like, that's that whole story is bullshit, brother, But then he admitted he does pea and water bottles, then was late to set in the city, so well there.
Speaker 2: Was set and peen and bottles. Nope, but also yeah, I was late to set on peen and bottles. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He it just like he speaks like a person who has not been on planet or speaking to a real human being in a while, maybe.
Speaker 3: A decade, uh or even more. There's a report in.
Speaker 1: The Wrap that alleged that the Rock was constantly late while filming his new Christmas movie Red One End Quote made a habit of peeing in a water bottle to save time, upsetting crew members. Insiders told The Rap that Johnson showed up as much as eight hours late. Eight hours late to anything is like you just miss, don't come. Yeah, it's not even late. It's just that's like a.
Speaker 3: Different Yeah, like eight hours to a different thing.
Speaker 4: As all Americans who toil know, that's like those are the blocks of you know, typical shifts.
Speaker 2: It's an entire work day late. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're like, yo, you show up at five, You're like, bro, you're supposed.
Speaker 2: To be in at nine. I know, I'm late.
Speaker 1: Sorry, traffic what what? No, what do you mean traffic?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? I'm peeing in at a sandy bottle? What the Fuck's wrong with you? All right, I'm ready to work. I'm ready to work, so with Vanity.
Speaker 1: Fairy said the record straight, calling the article bullshit, but also admitting that he was late and did pissing bottles on set. Yeah, that happens. I've said a thousand times, Hey, I'm here, Come and ask me and I'll tell you the truth, which is such a while.
Speaker 2: Your reaction was it's bullshit. But then you're like, yeah, it happens. Just ask me. Yeah. Don't like take other people's word on that. Just ask me, Yeah, that happens.
Speaker 1: So he asked about being eight hours late to say it said, he said, yeah, that happens, but not that amount. By the way, that was a bananas amount. That's crazy, ridiculous. That was just like somebody who is behind a small village's worth of like publicists and pr people being like.
Speaker 3: I'm here, I'm an open book to ask me.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, young thing.
Speaker 1: Isn't that unusual on movie sets because about this, Yeah, there may not be a toilet very close by now that everything's shot on digital. Like there used to be big breaks built into shooting a film so that they could rewind, like changed to a new reel. There's no longer that, and so you're just shooting the whole time. Robert Downey Junior reportedly pissed in mason jars on the set of Zodiac and left them lying around as a form of protest because he didn't get enough breaks. Zodiac famously like one of the not the first big digital movies, but like you know, early in the game, I was actually so familiar. Did you know the Robert Downey Junior pissed in Mason Jars story? I was so familiar with that story. I actually had added it to the movie. I thought when Jake Gyllenhall's character went and visited him, he was living on a houseboat, like with jars of piss laying around.
Speaker 2: Oh. Last time I watched it.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait, where's the jars of piss?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Honey? Rewind no real quick, where the fucking pissed Jargo?
Speaker 1: And then David Foster Wallace once wrote a profile of David Lynch and said that he was constantly peeing in public because he drank so much coffee, so he in between.
Speaker 2: Shots diuretics man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, easy, a prodigious coffee drinker.
Speaker 1: Apparently peas hard and often, and neither he nor the production can afford the time it take him to run down to base camp. So yeah, hey, when you gotta go and there's a million dollar clock running.
Speaker 2: Yep, and now you can piss in public.
Speaker 3: Like I'm just like the rock exactly pissing in bottles. I'm just like the Bedex delivery driver who delivered stuff to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say I'm blue.
Speaker 1: Collar pist in a bottle once. All right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back. We'll talk about the Harris campaign. There's some interesting new details of where do all that money go? And we're back. We're a lot of people have probably heard this story by now that Kamala Harris's fundraising went to pay wealthy millionaire celebrities, including Oprah, who, at one article claimed charged the campaign one million dollars to show up. It's important to note that that article was I guess was in the Spectator, but it.
Speaker 2: Was from the Washington Exam. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The fact the detail that they quote was sourced from a Washington Examiner article, which I'm wondering, like, is this what we're going to get going forward? Is like centrist news outlets using right wing media because like what what they were?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: They won?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Well, because you also have a lot of people like Democrats like latching onto this story too and being like what were they doing? And it's like, I mean, I but again, I think the details that I think most people were, like they paid Oprah one million dollars, I think most people are getting hung up on that detail. But I think the broader issue, which does actually you know, need a little bit more scrutiny here is how was all of this money spent?
Speaker 3: Like exactly how.
Speaker 1: So they raised a billion dollars ended up twenty million dollars in debt. So what one detail that I think I hear they paid Oprah a million dollars and I'm thinking briefcase of cash and you say vote Harris. U. Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: Oprah was going to be like, I'm actually holding out my fast.
Speaker 1: Whoever can give me one million dollars famously any more money dollars? It was actually a media event and Oprah's company handled production. So the Harris campaign paid Oprah's company. Uh, not saying that makes it better, but it does explain where that money was going because they had, like they spent more than fifteen million dollars on event production with like concerts, and so there were seven Swing state concerts that involved high priced performers Katie Perry, Lady Gaga, Joan bon Jovi, Ricky Martin, who seemingly ended up costing the Harris campaign more than twenty million dollars on event production alone. So they this is what they were spending their money on is like putting on these events that didn't move any needles, like whatsoever. I didn't even know that they happened. Yeah, Like, and I was paying attention to the election for a living.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's also it is.
Speaker 4: Important to note though that like a lot of people there have been like these articles like according to FEC filings, a lot of people haven't fully been able to find these same figures at the Washington Exam. Emin is saying, so, I think it's important to like, I think it is clear a lot of money was raised and a lot of money was spent getting into Like what exactly those amounts are I don't know if we're totally clear on, but it is true we saw the scale of some of these events and the performers that are there, and they're not they that's really that's proper infrastructure you.
Speaker 2: Have to set up for that kind of shit. It's not it is not cheap.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think just it does just sort of again the lard of the broader question is like what was the what was the plan here? Because to your point, these concerts, like Okay, you're already talking to a group of people that are probably bought in already on the idea that Donald Trump is bad. Right, So if we're just doing like wish fulfillment events for Harris supporters to feel like like good about their support, Okay, but is that actually an effective tool in terms of like again, it's not like you're like the courting the right thing was gonna work. But maybe just turn out your base would like properly energize them in a way that isn't just sort of like saying, hey, look at these celebrities that also agreed that everything.
Speaker 1: And maybe when Miles says turn out your base, we could like turn that into a fund turnout for what like kind of activation moment.
Speaker 4: Now your bass, Okay, it's actually turn up your base, turn down your treble. Okay, let's turned down the trouble and turn out our base. Okay, that's five million dollars.
Speaker 1: D See, Harris's budget was closely guarded by campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dylan, so it's unclear how funds were allocated exactly. It just seems that they were not allocated. Well, we'll get to a New York Fashion Week event in tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where we can get an idea of what they thought was popping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really unbelievable. You know that the dark money was everywhere. I think the stat is that Harris spent seven point five million dollars a day, or her campaign spent five million dollars a day. Trump spent two point five a day, which is still like, holy shit, that's a crazy amount of money. But I assumed it was all being spent on like ads and door knocking, you know, like paying people to door knock.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, But then what do these consultant fees look like?
Speaker 4: Because people are making people are making money off It's not like people are like, oh my god, you know me, I have a set rate for you the DNC that's a bargain because I'm on the right. It's like, no, everybody's cashing in on this. And that's why I think it's like doubly like offensive to see these like fundraising texts keep coming around to people and it's like, fucking what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifteen point nine billion dollars, which is what was spent on the election in total this year, is more than half of the cost of ending hunger in the US. It's just four billion dollars short of the twenty billion dollars necessary to end homelessness in the United States.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and in.
Speaker 1: Other countries like that, you know, the UK and Germany, their elections cost one fortieth of the price of US races per person.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, just I mean this is look, this is the they everyone's like, wow, billionaires are really getting in the race, Like yeah, because they they just cornered.
Speaker 2: It with all this bad spend and just general money that they flooded into the races. But yeah, there's.
Speaker 1: That, there's that. There's also so Donald Trump convicted fell in. Uh, we're really leaning on that that. We were like, can't be president and gonna be convicted felon. He is convicted felon.
Speaker 2: And he is president.
Speaker 1: Now what yeah, the now what is a question being asked by both sides. The judge in that case has paused legal proceedings after a request from both his lawyers and prosecutors, so to put that in legal terms, everybody's trying to figure out how the fuck to.
Speaker 3: Deal with this shit.
Speaker 2: It's just like the rest of us.
Speaker 3: See, yeah, judges.
Speaker 1: And lawyers, they're just like us, just like us. But yeah, sentencing was scheduled for November twenty sixth, but the Tuesday hearing was in response to Trump's motion for the conviction to be overturned and the indictment dismissed on the grounds the case included some evidence the prosecution should not have been able to use per the Supreme Court ruling on presidential immunity. Essentially, you can't put me in jail. I'm president. Yeah, you know exactly exactly what are you going to punch a man with glasses? What are you going to arrest a man who's president?
Speaker 2: No, I guess not. Oh wow, yeah, you're wearing glasses and are the president? Yeah, oh yeah, we can't do anything.
Speaker 1: The prosecutors say they want to find a way to balance a jury verdict of guilty following the trial that has the presumption of regularity and the office of the president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, he's going to get it thrown out on the grounds off you can't tell me what to do on president, Which maybe that's just our first glimpse of what this shit is is going to look like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it'll be just a lot of ignoring what's happening. Because like there was even like a tweet where like Elizabeth Warren was like this, he's already breaking the law. And it's just so you're like, yeah, hey, so what are you going to can you what are your what are our options here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because if they if they aren't doing it through the normal avenues of like the legal system, then then maybe people need to get a little creative here on how to uh, you know, manifest the displeasure of voting people in a way that can be felt, rather than being like, well, the judge threw it out and that's it, and that's it. That we have no other options as people, there's no other ways to demonstrate if the if the courts didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Then let's just go back to work everyone.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth Warren wrote a tweet that started Donald Trump and his transition team are already breaking the law. I would know because I wrote the law explaining what the law is about, how incoming presidents are required to prevent come flocks of interest and sign an ethics agreement. And Amanda Ye quote tweeted that and then screencapped to tweet from Arr Guys like me are mad for turtle meat is his display name miles and said the last decade has been the Democrats clinging onto the rule book going, but a dog can't play basketball while a dog fucking dunks on us over and over. Yeah, just less of that, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show video until yeah well.
Speaker 2: Video up on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What a fun episode.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, it'll be like watching the video episode with your eyes closed.
Speaker 4: It's like reading a book then seeing the movie exactly, and.
Speaker 2: Trust me, the movie will not disappoint.
Speaker 1: There's some very good video clips in tomorrow's episode. Anyways, until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,