Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arms.
Speaker 2: Strong and gay and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 1: Critics just said that you either relaxed or failed to enforce sanctions on Iran, allowing all of this money to flow into Iran.
Speaker 3: Like Billy, let's go back to Donald Trump. Hold on who pulled out of who pulled out of a deal that would have actually put but here Ron in check the estimates and bill during Donald Trump's administration, that Ron regime, that we had an American military base that was attacked where American soldiers suffered traumatic brain injuries.
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris with Brett Barry yesterday and we played some of that already in the show, and we'll have more of but coming up later and a little punditry around that just wanted to establish Kamala Harris's voice and presidence before we got to Katie Grimes, who's been following Kamala Harris's career for quite some time. Katie Grahams, if you don't know this around the country, is the editor in chief of the California Globe. Longtime investigative journalist covering the California state capitol. Co author of the book California's War Against Donald Trump, Katie Grimes joins The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Katie, How are you doing today?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Jas doing well?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: How long have you known, being a reporter in California of Kamala Harris?
Speaker 6: Long since she was district Yeah, since she was first running for district attorney.
Speaker 2: And you followed her rise over the years.
Speaker 1: Anything stand out about the current Kamala we're seeing versus the Kamala you've known all these years, or any comment on that.
Speaker 6: Well, what's interesting is I think today she really comes off like a fish out of water. Back when she was San Francisco DA, and even when she was still California Attorney General, I think she was operating in her world, the world she was familiar with San Francisco and California, and she exuded a lot more confidence back then. Today, I think she comes off like she's not ready for prime time, and when she gets caught the way she did yesterday, unable to answer questions with Brett Bhaer in the Fox interview, I actually used the B word to describe her. I'll say shrue right now.
Speaker 1: Who did you use the B word to when you were describing her your husband.
Speaker 6: Or yes, yeah, I didn't write it, but I would say shrew because then you Shreue was a woman of violent temper, which she is notorious for having. Really, and I think he really flipped on Brett Bhaer in that interview when she just started yelling at him. Yeah, I think I think that's that's that's Kamala.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's a raw shock test thing where if you're predisposed to not dig her act, it looks like she's, you know, kind of a bee uh where suppose if you're a fan, you know, she's just strongly pushing back against the the the maga white male of Fox.
Speaker 2: So I guess that's the way that works.
Speaker 1: But so so I've been trying to figure out for a long time, and it sounds like you have an answer to this question. Is the real Kamala Kamala the cop, Kamala, the prosecutor, Kamala the hard ass going after criminals, or is the real Kama Kamala the twenty nineteen presidential candidate who was a huge failure, who is like so soft and lefty and you know, just like the very degree of being a liberal, which is a real her Well, and you you.
Speaker 6: Ask a very very good question, because I think Kamala was created at a whole cloth. Seen this happen before with other politicians. Her go to is always total leftism. She's very clearly much a Marxist. She's not a tough cop type of lawyer or prosecutor. If she was, she actually would have prosecuted not the guys who were caught with marijuana, but maybe the guys that sold it to them. And that's all she did.
Speaker 5: She was just.
Speaker 6: Looking for wins and it didn't matter if they were big wins like mailing dealers or suppliers. And that was definitely her reputation in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: So at what point, and I think you know where we're going to go with this, At what point did she start dating the most powerful man at the time in the entire state of California, Willie Brown.
Speaker 6: She started dating him before she ever got into politics. He's the one that facilitated her getting into politics and had the ability to raise the money to make her win. And what I understand and have had this confirmed via word of mouth, is that when Allanan was still the San Francisco District Attorney and Kamala had worked for him, he was prosecuting some of Willie Brown's friends. I'll say there was some corruption going on in San Francisco. I know, you're shocked, and Willie Brown did not want that, and so he put Kamala up to it and made sure she was so fully funded she could pretty much just buy the victory and then all the corruption charges went away.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's interesting. So Willy Brown, for people who don't know around the country, was a mayor in San Francisco. He was a speaker in the He was the most powerful man in the state government for a very long time. He was the most powerful man in the entire state of California. But so it wasn't just she was young and hot that he was interested in her. He helped her rise up through the ranks and made some problems go away for him and his friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think that continued obviously as she was district attorney. And you know, over the years we've certainly seen other cases of it. It's good to have a district attorney in your back pocket.
Speaker 2: He was married at the time that he had a relationship with Kamala Harris. Correct.
Speaker 6: Yes, Willie Brown was a notorious womanizer, and I believe they were together a couple of years. And what I understand from locals there is she actually broke it off because it was pretty evident he wasn't going to leave his wife to make a permanent life with her.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess good for her for figuring that out, you know, which is obviously kind of obviously you know, like if you're watching Sex and the City or whatever.
Speaker 2: But so have you seen that video that is going around.
Speaker 1: I saw it on Twitter where God, it's way way way back in the day, and she's Willie Brown's girlfriend, and some reporter.
Speaker 2: Asks her, are you his daughter?
Speaker 1: It's at some function yea, and she says no because she's so young in that video.
Speaker 6: Oh I know, it's it was. Yeah, there was definitely and obviously a you know, a large age gap. I think it was twenty nine years. But they were, you know, as I said, together for two years, and he took her on the San Francisco circuit, every fundraiser, Imaginable, the opera, the ballet, you know, every event. It was probably you know, a great time for her. But it was after that that he appointed her to a couple of different commissions. So in addition to being a I think she was working for the city attorney at that time, making whatever a city attorney makes, she was also getting paid for attending a few meetings a year, and I think it was something well over one hundred thousand just for sitting on those commissions.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was a good time for her. If you're okay with sleeping with somebody who's twice your age, yeah, So there's no way to get inside her head to know, you know, maybe you know, he's a very charismatic guy, as you know Willie Brown, good looking, well dressed, charismatic, powerful guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, that could be very attractive.
Speaker 1: So maybe she actually fell for him, or you know, the fact that he was going to be a help the glide path to riches in power, you know, is also a recent sedate hum So how much of which of each?
Speaker 2: We don't know. I suppose no.
Speaker 8: Other than.
Speaker 6: My assessment of Kamala is that she's incredibly ambitious more is never enough type, and you pair that with perhaps this very average intelligence and it kind of makes her dangerous.
Speaker 1: Okay, that angle of it, the average intelligence, What was the what was the belief about her when she is running around with Willie Brown? Where it was was everybody saying, man, she's a rising star, she's going to be a big deal, or as you're suggesting, she's kind of average.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think people were particularly impressed with her intellect. I think it was more she uh, you know, young, pretty hanging out with Willie were vibrant, you know. It was it was her youth and probably her ambition as well that people recognized. It was never intellect, believe me.
Speaker 1: So you're fairly solid on the idea that she's of average intelligence because I've been trying to figure that out. Also if she's just not, because I know some really smart people that if you interviewed them with lights and cameras would not do very well. I mean, it's its own kind of skill to be able to do that. But you're pretty solid and feeling like she's actually average intelligence.
Speaker 6: Yes, I absolutely believe that. You know, I don't give out IQ tests or anything. Sure, Yeah, I think I think she's shown that many many times over the years, and again, ambition always won out, and that's why, you know, as I was describing the cases he chose to prosecute in San Francisco. Even as Attorney general, she was vicious as attorney general. She's the one that went after David Delaydon who exposed that Planned Parenthood was selling baby parts from aborted fetuses.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's the one who went after him, not Planned Parenthood or the people that were selling these baby parts.
Speaker 1: Wow, that should be a scandal. Although it's tough for anything to break through in our current political environment. As you know, I mean, you're either either on Team Trump or not, and it doesn't seem like anything moves the needle. Yesterday's interview with Brett Bear will not move the needle at all. A near assassination didn't really move the needle. So everybody's locked in. We're talking with Katie Grimes, editor in chief of the California Globe. A couple of things I wanted to hit on before we let you go. First of all, as a California I can't believe Adam Shift's going to be my senator at some point. That is that is so disgusting to me that he is able to benefit from lying about all that Russia stuff and all the claims he made for years, and he's going to freaking end up being a Senator probably for the next thirty years.
Speaker 6: You know, I know that he just makes my skin crawl. He is, you know, the epitome of the vile, creepy politician. Absolutely, and you're right, yeah, I am so disgusted that California could not find somebody to beat him. It either speaks volumes about California or volumes about the Republican Party in California, which perhaps is more accurate. But all we can hope at this point is that he's mostly neutered because the GOP takes back the Senate. So I'm crossing all my fingers and toes and saying a daily prayer.
Speaker 1: And one other thing I just wanted to bring up. This is kind of for my own personal knowledge. California Glow the headline California mask dictators bringing back mask mandates? Who and where are we gonna have mask mandates again?
Speaker 6: The Bay Area. There's a several counties in the Bay Area that have updated their public health department websites to include mask mandates. It is mind boggling that they're going to this again. And as I pointed, out in the article, masks have been so debunked as having any value of stopping a virus. Yeah, they stop bacteria, they don't stop a virus. That I think it just shows you that we do have a lot of real authoritarians in public health. I think they like doing this to people, and if they thought it would gain any steam for the rest of the state, they'd be thrilled. On an interesting note, Jack, that article, when I posted it on Facebook, Facebook took it down. So I reposted it, and they took it down again. I reposted it and said this time, Hey, San Francisco Chronicle originated this story. I just did more data and research on it. They took it down again.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: What do you think their argument would be, Because it's not misinformation, it's just a thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's true, that's the point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they claim it was misinformation, they claim it was spam. I mean, it's just so frustrating. This is what we deal with in California.
Speaker 2: Wow, is troubling. That is troubling.
Speaker 1: And from the side that's claiming that, you know, we need to do away with the First Amendment. Katie Grimes, you should follow her. You should read this stuff and even if you're not in California, it will.
Speaker 2: Affect you wherever you are.
Speaker 1: The editor in chief of the California Globe, Katie, thanks for your time today.
Speaker 2: Thank you Jack Yeah wow.
Speaker 1: Facebook taking down a factual article about mask mandate. What more on the way stay here.
Speaker 9: And So if in fact, then there are some reports suggesting that he was in fact killed in that same neighborhood, it would suggest that he hadmitted ability to move, that his leadership role was coming to an end anyway, that the group was suffering a degree of division manufacture because of the ongoing assault. That is, all of which is going to be much worse. Now. If it's in fact confirmed that Sinwar is dead, it would be a blow to Hamas, a morale blow, a leadership blow, and obviously a pump big boost bra Israel and for premise event.
Speaker 1: Now, so it looks like Sinwar, the leader of Hamas, is dead. We've seen some pictures that Katie pulled up. He is dead dead These dead sure looks like him. It looks like his face and it's his watch. So unless it's an AI creation, but it came out of the IDF. So they're trying to prove to the world that they killed Sinwar.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they did a tooth comparison and he had the same mark on his ear as well. So they're doing all sorts of stuff showing everybody.
Speaker 1: So the guy that put together October seventh, the slaughter of all the Israelis and was promised saying thousands more if he could pull it off, is now dead. So that's a good thing. How much does that mean to the Middle East and US getting involved in Iran and all that sort of stuff. We're gonna talk with Josh Rogan coming up next segment. Josh Rogan or the Washington Post. Really like him, super smart guy, good to talk to. I like when bad things happen to bad people. You know, we all struggle with the why do bad things happen to good people? We all struggle with that philosophically, and if you believe in God, how that whole thing Worksmen.
Speaker 2: I love when bad things happen to bad people. Years though. I'm dead.
Speaker 6: I'm dead.
Speaker 2: I'm dead. You know, I'm right, perfect, Michael, I'm dead. Because so that was the Nozrala, the leader of Hezbela, who Israel killed.
Speaker 5: Dead?
Speaker 2: He you did they killed him?
Speaker 1: What two weeks ago, week and a half ago, and now the leader they killed the leader of Hesbela and the leader of Hamas like a week and a half apart, and they've been trying to kill him. They've been trying to kill both these guys for years. So that's pretty damned interesting.
Speaker 2: All right. Later in the show, we're going to talk to Katie's dad.
Speaker 1: Your dad was a judge for many, many years, and I look forward to that conversation. I have a whole bunch of different things I want to ask him, like, do you have a rough idea how many cases he probably did?
Speaker 2: Oh? Boy, I know, but I know it's in the hundreds for just murders.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: M do different judges get murders and some judges don't? Or does every judge get everything?
Speaker 8: There's different departments, so there's criminal court, civil court, right, so he was a superior court, so he got all the real real sweethearts.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm on the other hand, some of that stuff would be boring af yea. My mom sat on a jury one time for a dispute between two homeowners over like a sewer pipe leaked and who's to blame for it? Just can you imagine anything more deathly dull than that sort of lawn missing work for that or being a lawyer trying to prosecute it. So you got to look up all the regulations around sewer lines and this and now no that, no kidden, I'd.
Speaker 2: Rather come in and do this.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna talk to Josh Rogan and the wapole about all that important stuff.
Speaker 2: On the way. Stay here, Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 4: What we do have are multiple reports suggesting that they have got him. We know from his radio officials that they have a body someone who appears to be Yahya Sinoa. They have not conducted a DNA test on that body.
Speaker 7: I think we have to exercise extreme caution. Has been reported killed a number of times over the last more than a year now since this operation is in Gaza, has been ongoing. And what we do have for a number of photographs that are circulating online which some people suggest could be him, but again we have absolutely no confirmation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's him. I think in this case it is him. He is actually dead.
Speaker 1: I've seen the pictures myself, and you know, I haven't extracted his teeth or anything like that, but I think that Sinowar the leader of Hamas is dead. Josh Rogan, who are about to talk to who follows open source intelligence on Twitter just like we do, and they're reporting that both US and Israeli officials are concerned that the elimination of Sinoar may lead Hamas to execute the remaining hostages being held in Gaza, which obviously would be horrifying. Josh Rogan is the Global opinions columnist for the Washington Post, and he joins us again on the Armstrong and Getty Show. Josh, what do you think of the latest news?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, if true, one more terrorists off the face of the earth, that's a good thing. You know, this guy psychopaths blood of Americans, the blood of israelis, blood of Palestinians all over his hands. So yeah, I think we can take a moment and appreciate the fact that he's no longer breathing. After that, it doesn't seem like this is going to change much. To be honest, The war is going to go on. They'll find some other terrorists to lead a mosque sooner rather than later. It's not likely this will cause a breakthrough in the ceasefire talks because usually when you kill the guy who's in charge of the talks. That slows down the process. Anyway, the Israeli showing no intention of slowing down their new assaults in Gaza and in Lebanon. So this is gonna get worse before it gets better.
Speaker 1: Jack, I'm always fascinated in this question of killing a leader makes any difference. You know, if you killed Hitler, wouldn't of that made a big difference in the Nazi regime? Or is that like a particular example like bin Laden That is different with Hamas and Hesblow, where you get rid of one leader and you just get a different one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's important militarily, but not necessarily strategically. Hitler is kind of a different example. I mean, his own generals are trying to kill him, So if he had died, yeah, we could expect a big change in policy. I'm it's not exactly the same thing. But tactically it's a good accomplishment. It keeps the enemy on their toes, disrupts whatever they've got going on. Strategically, again, it's kind of like, okay, well then what and you know, we won every tactical military battle in Iraq and Afghanistan for twenty years and managed to lose both of those wars in a strategic sense. And it's not exactly the same thing, but you could see how that informs what's going on.
Speaker 2: With Israel now.
Speaker 5: They're getting very very good, probably the best at killing terrorists, but does that lead to piece and stability. I would like to hear how, you know, I would like to hear the theory of that case.
Speaker 1: So is it a big deal that we used our big B two bombers to bomb the Houthis yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well again, escalation, I think this is getting You know, you've got Lebanon, You've got an impending is Eraarli attack on Iran, a retaliation for the missiccial attack that we're still waiting for. You've got Gaza, and now you've got escalating war. And ye, I mean that's four right there, Syria, that's five. So that's five wars that Israel's in. And if Israel's in them, that means we're in them. It means our assets are being used, it means our men and women are involved, they're in danger, and we've got men and women all over that region that are in danger right now. So yeah, it's an escalation. And again, if the goal is to restore deterrence, to scare the bad guys and to stop fighting, Okay, I can understand that, But okay, is that happening? I don't think so, they don't seem deterred, and then what happens the day after? How do you get past this at some point? That's I think what everyone's really struggling to understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I didn't actually hear your podcast you're on with David Ignatius. Just how bad would the Middle East get? And I know it's a gas. The story that came out yesterday is Iran or Israel is ready to attack Iran. They are going to attack Iran before the presidential election. How do you see this playing out?
Speaker 5: Well, it depends what the attack is. I mean, Iran fired three hundred plustig miss was an Israel that that would be dangerous if they didn't respond to that. So they've got to do something. What they hit, how they do it, and whether or not it's sparks another escalatory round of attacks from Iran or Those decisions are all being made by the Israeli government. We don't really know what they are. We won't know until they see the attack. So, yeah, this is the problem of an escalation ladder once you get on and it's really hard to get off of it. And you know, we're making a calculation about Iran's deterrence, they're making a calculation about Israel's deterrence, and those calculations could be all wrong. They often are, and so in a way, it's just sort of like, what we're really contemplating here is the best case scenario is a long medium boil war like that we have this level of violence or slightly worse for years. That's that seems to be the wow the positive scenario. The negative scenario is that we escalate into something like a huge regional war, all at war with around or even a nuclear exchange. That's the downside risk.
Speaker 1: A nuclear exchange between the nuclear exchange between who.
Speaker 5: Well, Aaron is what one to two weeks away from having a nuclear weapon assembled. According to the essence, Israel has about one hundred to two hundred that they don't admit. We've got to Russias. You know, you eventually one of these actors could get desperate enough to use one. It could be the Russians using it in Ukraine, because that complex is connected to this one. Theironians are fighting in Ukraine now, the North Koreans are fighting in Ukraine, and you know, Russia supplying moss, Russia supplying has Belah. It's this is getting worse, not better. These conflicts are getting more connected, not less. And yeah, that's the slippery slope that we're facing. And yes, the nuclear exchange is absolutely the worst scenario, but there are a lot of perfectly terrible scenarios short of that.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, And it gets very world warry when you start putting all those pieces together the way you just did.
Speaker 2: So we talked to I don't know if you know, go ahead, No, people.
Speaker 5: Forget that, like World War two didn't pop off in a day, about you know, ten years to really get cooking, you know. And we're into what year three of the Ukraine War and year two of the Israel War. So yeah, it might not be tomorrow, but this is how world wars get going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In World War One, you know, the Psalm and the Germans and the Brits facing each other in France was a lot different than the assassination of Archiduke Ferdinand, but it all fit together exactly, So I don't know If you know Mike Liones, we had him on earlier. He's a military guy. He does a lot of stuff on CNN and we have him on regularly. He thinks we will that the administration is starting to get more aggressive, letting Israel take the gloves off, and that we will lay the groundwork in Iran by taking out some of their stuff that only we can do that and then let Israel do most of the attacking.
Speaker 2: But that would get us pretty involved. Do you think that's likely or no?
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I think that's fine. I mean, I don't know. I think gets fundamentally wrong in two respects. One is that you know the I don't think US military ass is going to be used to strike Iran. That's something Joe Biden is something he's not going to do, and even Donald Trump wouldn't do that. He'll they're perfectly happy to let our allies strike Iran, but using military assets to strike run crosses a line that No, I don't think that's promise sources and the miners. There's no way that they're going to take that stuff. And secondly, I don't see you know, I guess I agree with Mike that the administration is getting more formissive with the Israelis. But it's not because they're really enthusiastic about it. It's because Biden is a lame duck and the elections coming up, and they just don't have anything to do. The ceasefire talks are dead, you know, and they don't want it. They've already sort of lost the Muslim and narrow voters. If you're the Harris Walls campaign, so you might as well double down on your support from the pro Israel community. And the politics and the inertia and the basic laziness of a lame duck presidency all add up to just letting Israel do whatever it wants and then pretending. Remember Joe Biden said to the cameras that iSER stopped in Lebanon. He was against it, and then they did it, and when I was just like, oh no, it's a really great idea.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, they totally reversed it, right, right?
Speaker 5: So is that them taking an active stance and support of this. No, No, it's just them following events rather than shaping interesting.
Speaker 1: Do you think that should take this opportunity to take out their their nuclear facilities best that that can be done?
Speaker 5: That seems like a pretty risky plan, to be honest, Jack. Yeah. I mean, first of all, take out their nuclear facilities. They got a lot of them. They're they're pretty well hidden, they're pretty well defended. If it doesn't work, then we're we're we're in it. You know, you can't attack someone's nuclear program and then not succeed. And you know it's a really hard target. Plus there's a lot of nuclear stuff at those targets. They could have a pretty bad effect if you blow it up. You know, I'm again again, I'm like against degrading Iran. I think that's a good idea, but it's you know, you have to sort of stop for a second and think, Okay, Iran doesn't really want a regional war. It's they've made that pretty clear. We don't want a regional war. Lebanies don't want a regional war. So maybe we can just you know, find a way to back away from the ledge, as we've done before, by the way, several times.
Speaker 1: Right, And that just doesn't feel like that's where things are headed, does it.
Speaker 5: No, No, it doesn't look good. I can't say it's looking that way. Yeah, I have to agree with your assessment. It's looking like things are getting worse, not better. That's that's the pattern. That's if you had to predict, you would have to say things are going to get worse before they get.
Speaker 1: Better, and not to just and not just to be the you know, the audio version of doom scrolling. But it isn't China getting more belligerent than they have been with their exercises around Taiwan and what they've been doing to the Navy and the Philippines.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is crazy idea sort of in Washington these days that you might have read in some papers. I want to mention about how sort of like, oh, China's different, you know, Russian around in North Korea. Sure they're aggressive and reckless and want to set back the West and redo, but China is different. They want stability in business. And you know, this is kind of a line that's also promoted by the Chinese government because it masks what they're actually doing, which is taking a much more sophisticated and clever approach to their aggression. They're not you know, bombing hospitals, they're just you know, harassing ships in the South China Sea, doing mock blockades of Taiwan. Every time, the time when he's president dares to open his mouth and you know, building up the biggest nuclear and missile force, biggest military expansion in history, and that is in a long term sense, much more dangerous and permicious, pernicious and aggressive than even what Russian and around in North Korea are doing right now. But because they're doing it slightly more quietly than their allies, we're totally missing it because you know, here we can only sort of follow one, maybe two international crazies at the time.
Speaker 2: We don't have plus plus the Golden Bachelor's on, So you got that.
Speaker 5: Exactly. There's a lot going on. People are busy. But the truth is that, like the Chinese government is very intentional about you know, wrapping up their aggression in a way that it goes under our radar. That's exactly their strategy, and they have a lot of Americans who help them do it.
Speaker 1: Josh Rogan is a global opinion's columnists for The Washington Post. If you like this sort of stuff, he is a must read all the time, or follow him on Twitter at Josh Rogan. Josh, thanks for your time as always, Yeah, man.
Speaker 2: I could.
Speaker 1: I could talk to him all day long. I have like a fantasy of sitting at a bar with him, like late into the night, listening him tell me stuff that he can't say on the radio that he knows China biggest military build up in world history. How about that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Yeah me, you live in exciting times, which oddly enough is a Chinese expression. Let me hit you with this as we head into It's Thursday, so obviously a big game tonight and lots of games this weekend, and show, hey, Otani, you see what he did last night. You'd never know what any player is going to do and what their stats are going to be. Prize Picks is an opportunity for you to get involved in all this sports stuff. You just pick more or less on a stat with a handful of players and you can win money.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's the best place to get real money sports action with over ten million members and billions of dollars in awarded winnings right now. You can win up to one hundred times your money on Prize Picks with us a little as four correct picks, and you can get that money to you in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: So it's it's easy to do.
Speaker 1: It's not like hours of work, like a fantasy football team, and you can get the money quick and it's safe. Download the app today, Price Picks. Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code Armstrong. Armstrong. The code is Armstrong, my name Price Picks.
Speaker 2: App.
Speaker 1: That's what you need. Run your game and I think you'll have a really good time again. We're going to talk to Katie's dad, who is a judge, about all kinds of stuff crime and justice related in an hour four. If you don't get every hour, you should get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: We have a new T shirt that's flying off the shelves. That's really cool. We'll have to tell you about, among other things on the way. Arm shot.
Speaker 10: The old one is hit high and deep right field. If it's fair, it's gone. And that one is fair. I hit a home run, a towering home run ended the second deck for show Hey Otani, the three run homer and the Dodgers have blown it open. It's now seven to nothing.
Speaker 1: So the highest played athlete in the world a seven hundred million dollar contract. Show Hey Otani, hits a home run for the Dodgers. He had been kind of quiet so far anyway. So that series is now Dodgers two Mets, one to one, best to seven series. This is to go to the World Series. Yankees lead Cleveland to nothing. Both contests today again another game today. So if you're into baseball, enjoy that. I just dropped something on the floor and picked it up quite easily, and I was thinking about how much stretching has helped me. Here's a PSA for stretching. Yes, public service announcement for stretching, which I've been doing now for a couple of months. I think Joe got me started on it because he's big into stretching, because he's got a number of ailments that required by doctors to stretch. But I'm just I've always been super stiff. It's not an age thing. I couldn't bend over and pick something off the floor when I was thirty.
Speaker 9: I just.
Speaker 2: Probably the anger jacket's gotta be the anger. We're a non bendi people. My family.
Speaker 1: My brother when he was like I don't know how old he was, thirty five, his doctor told him he was the least flexible person he'd ever seen.
Speaker 2: So kind of runs in our genetics. I guess, okay, but.
Speaker 1: I've started stretching regularly. I do it every day, and now, yeah, I dropped someone. I used to if I drop something on the floor, I tell my kid Sam gonna come downstairs and they just bring up this pen for me.
Speaker 8: Or if you had to do it yourself and take you thirteen minutes to get back up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I gotta put one leg like this and kind of.
Speaker 1: Pick that pen up. But now now it's easy. But on my shoes pick things up off the floor just from stretching on a regular basis for the first time. That's what it sounds like exactly. That's tape of me touching my toes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what, I think. Joe got me on the stretching thing as well. It's the first thing I do in the morning, and it's amazing the benefit that it has.
Speaker 1: It's for a couple of minutes, Yeah, it doesn't. It's it's just a habit. So many there are. There are good habits that take a lot of time and are difficulty, you know, if you're going to get to the gym and spend forty five minutes whatever. But there are a lot of habits that are easy, like make your bed stretch a little bit, you know, the one to take the trash out of your car every time you stop, and it just stuff like that. It takes no time at all, and if you just get in the habit. Trying and explain this to my kids yesterday. Habits are habits. Good habits are habits. Bad habits are habits. They're all hard to quit, and it's hard to quit a bad habit, but it's also hard to quit a good habit.
Speaker 2: Like I've I've always I've been exercise.
Speaker 1: And for years and years and years and years, it's hard for me to not exercise. Yeah, if it's it's like if I'm if I'm toward the end of the day and I haven't gotten some exercise yet, I don't feel right.
Speaker 2: It feels weird, like the idea of.
Speaker 1: Going to bed without exercising, because it's just a habit I've created, thank God. And I hadn't had the habit of stretching, but I started it, and yeah, many benefits.
Speaker 2: Very good. Yeah.
Speaker 8: One of the habits I guess I started this year was one of my New Year's resolution things, was if it takes less than a minute.
Speaker 2: Do it right now. That's a good one.
Speaker 8: If I see something, If I see the few things on the counter, I'm like, I'll grab them later. No, It'll take me less than a minute to pick those things up. So I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that was Joe's New Year's resolution quite a few years ago. His New Year's resolution was do it now, just applying to all of those things. Yeah that you think now, do that later. I could do that now. It's always a better idea to do it now.
Speaker 8: Boy, I was so good at procrastinating to man, so good just doing it later, and boy would things get backed up and I'd get.
Speaker 2: Stressed and pissed. Oh yeah, it's a weird thing.
Speaker 1: I've had that various belief about what procrastination is, what causes it. There's some I mean, there's all kinds of like it's you're you're you're making your life difficult on purpose out of some sort of either martyr thing or you don't feel good about yourself, and this helps reinforce the fact that you're an f up by by by by putting these things off and putting yourself in a crunch. I don't know, if any of that's true or not, I.
Speaker 8: Think it was like a total depression anxiety thing.
Speaker 1: It's it's not laziness though, I don't think it's that. I think it's a weirder psychological thing. And I've also learned definitely over the years, if you get on a roll with something, take that as long as you can. You know how you can get on a cleaning roll, and then all of a sudden it's effortless. It's like I'm cleaning and I couldn't. It'd be hard to stop me. Don't stop you go until you're like your hands are bloody or something. I mean, because because it may not come again for a very very long time.
Speaker 8: You can't can't stand up straight, keep mopping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, because if I'm not in the mood to clean, it just seems like, oh my god, the idea of doing anything sounds impossible. We have a new T shirt, hot dogs are Dogs. It's our best trans related T shirt flying off the shelves. Go to Armstrong and Getdy dot com hot dogs are Dogs.
Speaker 2: It looks really really cool.
Speaker 6: Armstrong and Getty