Speaker 1: I think you should sing the theme song from now on. Okay, great? Should I start? Yeah? Go ahead, Okay, that's all I can take of that one. It's so long. Hey, wait a minute, Andrew, Hi Scott, can I see your id? Oh boy? Because this is episode number twenty one of Serial Killers, which means we're legal to buy milk with alcohol in it. I have no idea where I'm going. But you're rambling and you're sweating. I am. My nose is running because we're recording this one immediately after we recorded the last one because the show's going on vacation for a bit, so we're just stacking them up and I'm on sugar overload. Well, I mean you did that to yourself. I guess I did.
Speaker 2: No one's telling you to eat the full bowl of cereal.
Speaker 1: So serial Killers where we review one classic cereal and one brand new cereal most of the time. Sometimes we review like six of them in one episode. Or we'll just throw some random something in, or we'll have a listener request because we like to play the jingle.
Speaker 2: The listener request is usually me, but the last episode we actually had a real listener.
Speaker 1: It was RAJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thanks for listening RAJ and everybody else that loves our show. I'm Andrew by the way, and I'm Scottie Bee, and we are here at the radio station part of the Elvis Duran in the Morning Show podcast family. So are we just like reintroducing ourselves. Yeah, you know what, you can have some new listeners, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I guess that's true. Hi, new listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm going to go into my cereal sack and pull out a classic. Oh we're running right into the up or would you like a new one?
Speaker 2: We always do the new one. I say, we do the old one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I don't know how old it is. I know this is running everywhere. I don't know what's wrong with you.
Speaker 2: We need to like correct it before you start pouring milk and like it gets like I don't want your snot in my cup.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're going to dig into the set, all right. I have to tell you this truly is, as an adult, probably one of my top five favorite serials. Okay, it's obscure. I'm gonna tell you that it's obscure. It's not why available. I mean some stores have it. There's only one or two stores in my area, which is, you know, within like a fifty mile radius that actually has it, because I've checked when I was visiting Wichita, Kansas. They have it, So that means it is a national cereal, but it's not widely stocked because it is quite obscure in the family of frosted many wheats. So this is a variety of frosted mini wheats. This one is called Touch of Fruit, and it's raspberry. Oh do you not like raspberry? I mean, this is going to be interesting. Didn't you ask about fruit and cream remember a couple episodes back. So I just not maybe infrosted many wheats. I have to tell you it's delicious. You're making a face. But frosted mini wheats on their own are delicious. Oh, one of the best. But they're missing something. I disagree, So it needs to be something in the middle. So this variety is called Touch of Fruit. They had one that was raisins, and there was raisins in the middle. I was not a huge fan. I don't think they make that anything whole raisin in the middle. It was just like puade raisins. It was like mushed up ants in the middle. Now that's not happened. So, I mean, they have strawberry frosted miniweats, they have chocolate, they have like a mocha latte one. There's a bunch of different ones, but those are all flavored. This actually has filling in the middle. Like the strawberry frosted miniwheats is just a strawberry flavored frosting and it's kind of gross. Yeah. No, And I know they have chocolate also, which is you know, chocolate's good anywhere, but I just I love it because it actually is filled with something.
Speaker 2: This is going to be interesting. I'm not looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: You know what. You may change your tune in a minute. You're right, I may change much soon. It's a good thing. We're friends. This is not like a radio show where you know, the hosts are on and they are a lovey dovey on the air, and then they shut the mics off and they hate each other. Because Andrew and I generally like each other. He thinks, Okay, so do you remember just like frosted shredded wheat. They were big. I don't know if they still make it or not. It's mainly frosted miniwheats now, but they had just it was called shredded wheat and it was giant. It was I got freakin' brick. Why it was a cereal, I have no idea. And then there was frosted shredded wheat and it was a brick with frosting on it. And then they went down to miniwheats because it was just too big. You're so right, And those were some of my favorites. Yeah, because the big chunk. The best is when the machine puts a little bit too much sugar on it and you get like a chunk of it. Oh. No, I know what you're talking about, but I'm saying these things were like they were huge. They were like eight times the size of these little ones. Oh I remember those. I'm sure they still have them somewhere. I don't know if Kelloggs makes them anymore, but I'm guessing they're still around. Yeah, all right, so, oh, I'm sorry, I din't pour you milk one percent. By the way, still haven't gotten a milk sponsorship, so now we're waiting on that milk. So today we're using Tuscan Dairy Pure milk. I got it at seven eleven because it's all they had. Thank you. Let me tell you something last week. Last week when I needed milk, I went to the gas station again because I was running late. All they had was whole milk. I didn't buy it because that would have been a mess. Yeah, all right, so Kellogg's frosted manywets, touch of fruit in the middle. Here we go. I know what I'm gonna think.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, sorry, no no really, yeah, no, that's not happening.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's a bit more of a sophisticated taste for you.
Speaker 2: Are you serious right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a sophisticated taste for the kid in me.
Speaker 2: You're eating raspberry puree inside a shredded nugget with sugar on top.
Speaker 1: Do not remember that commercial when there was like an adult and they'd be like, frosted manyweats for the kid in me, and then the adult would turn into a kid with the adult's voice.
Speaker 2: No, what if we I'm you, I'm speech choice. Hold on, Oh boy, I just don't think this is a good cereal. I'm sorry, it tastes like a chrumsicle.
Speaker 1: I mean, anything you say now will be cut out. Why because I'm trying to find this commercion.
Speaker 2: I'm allowed to speak on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh, so are we still going with this? Yes? Oh okay, I don't like this? What do you like about this? And my mouth suddenly feels itchy?
Speaker 2: Is that normal? Am I maybe allergic to this?
Speaker 1: No? But the strands of wheat may be busting your face up, busting my face up? Yeah? Okay. So this is a classic frosted Miniweeds commercial from the eighties. You have to I know you were little, but you gotta remember these. I love the range. Oh week goodness Killoggs Many Weeds by the delicious frosted side makes the rigetated meat open wide. The nutritious shredded wheat helps keep me on my toes, but the little ballerina and me thinks the taste steals the show. Skillogs Many Weeds wholesome shredded wheat for the adult, and you great taste for the kid in you. So they're delicious and nutritious. The whole rain wheat really packs some crunch, but the delicious cassete gives it just a right tounch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hen Scott gott an email at the end of that. You don't remember that I wasn't even born, So.
Speaker 1: Do you understand what was going on? In the commercial there I do. There's like an adult who is Oh, I like my shredded weed. Then it flips over and with the frosted side, they turned into a kid. Oh for the kid and.
Speaker 2: Me again, this isn't a complex concept, all right, you're explaining it to me like I'm for.
Speaker 1: I just don't like this version of mini Guess what? Four balls on a spoon? Guess what?
Speaker 2: Two bowls? Okay, and guess what else? I might be going into anaphylectic shock because I'm allergic to these.
Speaker 1: Well that would have been good to know before I broke them out. My chest is on fire. All right, let's go Nuby. You ready for a newbie?
Speaker 2: I think something's wrong.
Speaker 1: Is there a nurse on call? I don't know. Do we have a company nurse? It's just my mouth is so itchy. Drink some water. I don't have any. I'm don't mind me. I'm just foaming at the mouth. Thank you Post for making more cookie cereal. We're breaking into the all new Nila putting banana, putting marshmallow? Do you have to sock in Post? I don't, but they keep coming out with this crap.
Speaker 2: But you won't stop la I just want cocoa puffs.
Speaker 1: People keep telling us to eat this junk, so we're eating it. What happened to the chicken and waffle cereal? I'm sweating again.
Speaker 2: My mouth is itchy, so anyway, something's wrong.
Speaker 1: This morning on the Big Show, Elvis broke into this and made us eat it. I did not try it because I want to be a purist and only do it on the podcast. Oh wait a minute, this needs a Scotti shake. Oh it stinks.
Speaker 2: I actually tried it on the air. It's delicious.
Speaker 1: It smells like fake banana. Guess what.
Speaker 2: Your raspberry cereal gave me some type of allergic reactions, so.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear it. I have to say. It does say naturally flavored with other natural flavors. I'd like to know what the other natural flavors are. But and I look, I'm taking one for the team on this. I do not like banana flavored anything. I like bananas, but I don't like banana flavored stuff. Huh. I like a fresh banana any day, and you know what I can do with one? So wait, what I mean? I heard you. It's just the listening audience at home. I just if they're fans of the show, they'll know what I'm talking about. Okay, so these sorry.
Speaker 2: I have to just quickly go off mic because.
Speaker 1: All right, oh god, it's settling. Okay. So these are obviously made on the same machine at the chips of Hoy cookies were made on cereal and everything else that they've introduced, because they're exactly the same shape. They look like cookie crisp. Do you like banana pudding? I do not like banana pudding because I do not like banana flavored things. I told you that I will only eat a fresh ban.
Speaker 2: Banana pudding is made from banana, though.
Speaker 1: But it's not. I just want a banana. I don't even like when banana's like a a in a smoothie. I just want a fresh banana, that's all. Okay. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: My chest is like actually on fire though.
Speaker 1: All right, well, maybe this nice banana pudding will cool it down there. Just pile more crap on top of it. I'm reluctantly going to eat this. I'm telling you right now, I'm going to eat another cereal after this, just to get rid of the taste, because I do not want this. You're gonna eat the whole thing though, so don't know. I'm not. I will eat one spoonful and spit it out because I don't want it one tooth. Okay, look, no, nope, I'm out. Okay, go ahead, it's all you. I'm out. It's not terrible.
Speaker 2: There's a very strong taste at first of banana flavor.
Speaker 1: Which apparently is natural.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting. I give this three bowls. I could not have an entire bowl of this without feeling sick. It is way too sweet. And the marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Why but this one, this one doesn't need marshmallows. It's funny because oh here it says artificial flavor on the side. Hmmm. I don't see anything in the ingredients that says anything about banana at all. Great, I really don't. And this one is also produced with genetic engineering. That means some dude is making this in a test tube in the factory. I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, nothing makes me happier post.
Speaker 1: I love you, I really do, because Coco pebbl is one of my favorite cereals of all time. But Nila banana pudding, No, not so much. I give it three bowls. I give it one spoon Oh, sorry, contial. It's not to say that you listeners won't like it. It's very possible that you would like this cereal. If you love bananas and banana flavored things, you might like it. But it's going to make me nauseous if I keep smelling it. So I'm getting it the hell away from me.
Speaker 2: I am sarrying to get stomach cramps. Do you think that means the raspberry is like?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I need something else? Are you serious? I can't. I gotta get rid of I gotta get the taste out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: So we're doing three boxes this week?
Speaker 1: We might have to. I just I need a bonus box to get I gotta get the banana taste out, all.
Speaker 2: Right, you're no, I just give it up.
Speaker 1: Just what is the third box? I only have one more box and I have no other option. This is all we have serial killers listener request? So who requested this? Is it the chicken and waffle cereal? No? I don't have that yet. That's gonna be a bonus. We're gonna just throw that in one.
Speaker 2: Day, dude, So then what is it?
Speaker 1: It's the only cereal I have left, So it's a listener request from Oh.
Speaker 2: We're just making up the name, all right, So this is a listener request from.
Speaker 1: Buzz nobody's name is buzz Well.
Speaker 2: Toy story in advertisement for it is on the screen.
Speaker 1: So god, but but I'm sure actually somebody at some point did request this. That guy Raj send us this one also, So let's just say, Raj, hey man, thanks for listening. You're great, and we'd eat another crap cereal that you told us to eat.
Speaker 2: We're not pinning this one on you.
Speaker 1: Hey post, thanks more cookies you.
Speaker 2: This is a cop out.
Speaker 1: It's all I have and we needed. I just needed one to get the taste out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: It's Oreos blowing through it real quick.
Speaker 1: It's the oreo o cereal. It's the original one. It's the chocolate. We're just gonna bang it out. We're just gonna eat it, give it a rating, not talking about it. It's great. More cookie cereal. My tongue is so fuzzy right now. Okay, well, these these remind me of those little intimen's pop'ms.
Speaker 2: I don't know whymen's pop'ms, the glazed ones.
Speaker 1: I could eat a whole box, the chocolate ones with the little chunks on the That's what this reminds me of. Well, what about the glazed ones. I'm falling down. I'm going to pass out. I need protein of some sort or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Again, we could have done chicken and waffle cereal, but you were lazy.
Speaker 1: There's no protein there, dude. Where do they get the chicken flavor? Not from chickens? Can you imagine? Where's my spoon? Oh? I threw it away because I've banana.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my tongue.
Speaker 1: Here you go, pole, thank you. Yeah, I can't eat post oreo O's. I like these. These These have been on and off for a number of years. There's been Oreo cereals before. I'm sure some Oh that's right, No, no backstory here, Okay.
Speaker 2: I glad free balls from a boom.
Speaker 1: It is good. The chocolate actually tastes like an Oreo cookie. Ye, somehow, I like oreole just four bowls. Actually, I like it. I would give it three balls in a spoon. And I'll tell you why. If this was double stuff Oreo O's, then you'd get a higher rating. I need double stuff, must have double stuff. So you know what a double stuff would be. They would just put mush up mushrooms. Did you have some today? Sorry, my brain is from the allergic reaction.
Speaker 2: If this had marshmallows, yeah, that's where it would be double stuff.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: I'll do it, but in my opinion, it doesn't need it.
Speaker 1: But when I win the box of marshmallows from Lucky Charms, I'm just dumping into the oreo os.
Speaker 2: Those marshmallows do not mix with these.
Speaker 1: You're right, they just need to be playing white marshmallow. Yes, okay, let's take them out of the nilla wafers. My stomach is gurgling. Dude, If you could see what was going on inside my belly, I picture like a mad scientist in a lab with bubbling beakers. That's what's happening inside my stomach right now. Smoke is going to come out of my ears any minute, So I think we have to go.
Speaker 2: My eyes starting to shut a little bit from the allergic reaction.
Speaker 1: We both need to go to the er and just hang out for a bit. So Episode twenty one has been a huge been a huge success. I can't believe that we made it this far. And I promised in previous episodes that we're gonna do a healthy cereal episode and we will. I promise. I went shopping yesterday. They're so expensive. Yeah. I was had crackling an oat brand in my hand and it was six dolls for the box. I'm like, dude. And it's a small box too, so oh, I will splurge very soon and I'm gonna get all that junk. Do you like granola? I do, but that's not cereal. It is it's not. Just because some of them come in a box doesn't mean it's serial A fine, will do it?
Speaker 2: I love granola.
Speaker 1: They make chocolate marshmallow granola. No, get on that General Mills No, because then it'll be like stubby marshmallow granola. Surprise, that'd be Quaker. Anyway, they're the granola people. Oh, I love Quaker. Thank you so much for listening to Serial Killers Episode twenty one. Please follow us on Twitter. We love you. When you follow us, it's serial Killers p C. That's Cereal with a C. Or you can follow my buddy over here Andrew Pug on Twitter and Instagram. Z Scotti b is me on Twitter and Instagram as well.
Speaker 2: And so sorry, I'm a little bit dizzy. I I am all the other disoriented. Yeah, it's the allergic reaction to your crap cereal. Make sure you give this podcast five arts. If you enjoyed it, leave a review. We love reading your reviews. It's always fun to go through them. Make sure you press subscribe wherever you're listening to this podcast right now. This way, when new episodes hit, it goes straight to your phone.
Speaker 1: You don't have to come back. And generally we will release them on Mondays and Fridays, but again we may pop a bonus episode in from time to time during the week. So with that being said, thank you for listening to Serial Killers, your favorite podcast about cereal. Oh, because there's others well, and there's probably one or two others, but who cares about that.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe one day we should try and see if we could get like a guest from one of those podcasts to see what they do.
Speaker 1: No, let's get like a guest that somebody knows.
Speaker 2: Well, Elvis will come on.
Speaker 1: There has to be some serial celebrity that we can get on here. Well, when you get the like dighum, I was gonna say, there's gotta be like that, like the Internet Kelloggs that dresses up as Tony the Tiger. Let's get him out of here.
Speaker 2: I would lose my mind.
Speaker 1: By the way, when I was shopping, they have frosted flakes with marshmallows. Are you in?
Speaker 2: That's too much?
Speaker 1: Really too much? Chocolate froster fla Okay, I'm sorry, it'sting frosted flakes with marshmallows, honeynut frosted flakes.
Speaker 2: Can I say one thing about frosted flakes really quick before you go?
Speaker 1: Oh? Did you know in Mexico there zuikitas? I love that? Do you know that?
Speaker 2: Like online Tony the Tiger whenever he posts something on his social media creeps from all over like the furry Do you know furries?
Speaker 1: I know what furries are? They respond? Really just read the comments on Twitter. Whenever Tony the Tiger is involved. You will be.
Speaker 2: Disturbed yet crack up because it's hysterical.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest marketing fail of all time. That's great. We need to go. Okay, thanks for listening. We gotta get out of here and get some medical attention. Thank you until next time, America Crunch Andrew, I'm sorry, it's just so corny between your hand mode like.
Speaker 2: Motions and the way you say things like until next time America, lunch.
Speaker 1: Think inside the box with cereal killers? Is that better? Can you just take crunch that we can go.
Speaker 2: I have to go to the bathroom, okay, one, two, three crunch, Oh, you pooped yourself