Speaker 1: The volume. The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at DraftKings sports Book. It's cool, official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance in a single elimination in season turney. It was great last year, culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Vegas. First time. Here's something special new Draft Kings customers bet five bucks to get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets. If your bet wins score big, use the code callin. So you download the DraftKings sports Book app, please use the code colin. New customers get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets betting just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight ope and WY or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill CA has Seena when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD in Ontario Bonus Bets Ekspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue INCE four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dknng Don Coe slash b ball.
Speaker 1: All right, Chad Milman is going to stop on By in about ten minutes. That was a tough watch. Thursday Night Football twenty six eighteen. Philadelphia played like crap in the first half and came back to win. Let's be honest behind Saquon Barkley this. You know, Philadelphia is such a talented team, but I think what tonight honestly look like You're getting into week ten, week eleven, it's a short week. Philadelphia looked tired. Philadelphia look beat up. They look tired. You know, division rivalry games are usually pretty physical. I think it's disturbing how Philadelphia, much better roster than Washington, couldn't get anything going in the first half. You know, it wasn't until the last final drives when you know they kind of cut loose. It's just you have to be a better football team than that. Eagles are six and zero when Saquon Barkley rushes for one hundred plus yards, so he's completely changed the offense Jalen Hurts, and there were times tonight in the first half when Jalen Hurts missed AJ Brown badly. I'm like a twelve fifteen yard out, and you know, he's just the savior of the offense. I find it remarkable. You know, nobody in the NFL loves the trade to their rivals. It's sort of a no no, you know, to me, as long as you're not trading like your best player. It is unbelievable. The New York Giants allowed and it was the most predictable thing in the world. Saquon Barkley, their best player by a lot, to go to the Philadelphia Eagles. Jesus. I mean, that's just not good GMing. And I don't know if the Giants are going to clean house. But that's the kind of thing that gets you fired. And Barkley's a remarkable player, you know. You know, it's really cracks me up. The media overreacts to everything, and a lot of it is the media is much younger than it used to be. Is that the media, you know, companies now don't have the money, especially traditional media. You know, they're going to get young and cheap in the media. So a lot of times the media is thirty one years old, twenty eight years old. Their reaction to stuff is like it's never happened before. But that's their life. You know, I've been doing this so long now, and I'm believing that's not a humble brag, you know, it's it's sometimes I look at the media and I think, guys, this is it's everything cyclical. I mean virtually politics is cyclical. Everything is cyclical. Tech, the industry is not very old, but it feels cyclical. You get ups and downs. Everybody overreacts to everything. And earlier this year, you know, or was it last year the off season, there was this big complaint that running backs are not getting paid, and it's like, take a deep breath. Safeties have never been paid. You tight ends have always been underpaid. Interior offensive linemen don't get paid unless you're the la rams. They pay theirs. Running Backs are always going to be valuable because a running back is essential for a young quarterback. For instance, all quarterbacks are better. I mean, Jalen Hurts is not a kid anymore, but all quarterbacks are better the good running back. Well, quarterbacks the most essential piece in the league. Secondly, running backs, whether gets harsh, whether it gets colder, it gets windier. November December, January, running games become more essential. Not to mention, you know, our running back is such a great piece, not just not just to set the tempo of a team, but when you lead, and good teams lead, and so a lot of times are running back eats up the clock. So good teams are always going to want a good running back. I mean, Philadelphia is a good team. Excellent running back Isaah pa Checo when he comes back, will be so valuable to the Kansas City Chiefs. James Cook for the Buffalo Bills has changed everything. Dereck Henry for the Ravens. I mean, look at Cincinnati, one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Let Joe Mixon go. Bengals would die for a twelve play drive nine runs with Joe Mixon to keep their awful defense off the field. The Detroit Lions have two excellent running backs. So this idea that running backs were going to you know, disappear into the ether. The reports I said this on FS one I set up multiple times take a deep breath. There was always going to be a market for Austin Eckler. You know, Washington's like, hey, we need you. You don't have to get thirty carries, but we need you. So there's excellent young running backs in the league. And Saquon Barkley is so valuable. This is a team that's good. They often play with the league, and he was like a closer tonight. He was just so dependable late in the football game. I will say, if these are two of the best teams in the NFC, then the AFC is still superior to the NFC. But I also think Jalen Hurts allows Saquon Barkley, excuse me, allows Jalen Hurts to throw less in a six game winning streak. He's only had two turnovers. So Jalen Hurts can throw twenty two times. He didn't have to throw thirty four times. So it frustrates me sometimes. And I see this in the political media. You know, to the Trump election. It's listen, the election was decided by a million six votes or something like that in the country of three hundred and fifty million people. And you can see from the appointees, you know, Trump Trump is almost going to be a polarizing personality and a polarizing president. You know, he'll create great passion from the blue team. You go to the midterm elections, the Senate, the House, things change. It's just, you know, nothing, nothing lasts forever. So running backs are very, very valuable. I also think, you know, it's like in the NBA. Remember it was the small ball league and everybody got small, and then here comes Jokis and here comes Giannis, and you know, the Boston Celtics are like, let's get a big, let's get Poor Zingis. And now you know, with the emergence of some of these young stars like a Wemby, you just have to have size. You're just in the NBA, you're just not gonna win a championship. I mean, the Julius Randalls Sea, We'll take Karl Anthony Towns. We need more size if we want to match up with Jiannis, Embiid and Poor Zingis in the East. I mean, it's amazing how many true big men. Anthony Davis is the best player in the Lakers, Jannis on Milwaukee, Jokic, Wemby, There's all sorts of good players. Check Holmgren such a good player for Okay, so he's not as good as SGA, but a great player. So I mean one team Minnesota, I mean it has been kind of reboot as a franchise before Karl Anthony town got traded because they went and got Rudy Gobert and Karl Anthony Towns. They went and got two centers. Everything, everything over time either re emerges, emerges, regresses. To the mean, take a deep breath, It's all going to be okay, you know. I also think what's happening last weekend was a great weekend for underdogs. And I thought tonight when Washington I couldn't you couldn't figure the first half out. I mean you look at the stats. Washington never had the football. They had the football eleven minutes and they led, and it was one of these football games You're like, what's happening here? Philadelphia so much better, Jacksonville, Minnesota last weekend? Minnesota was so much better San Francisco and Tampa last week and go to the box score in that game. So what you're finding is a lot of these superior football teams. They're injured, they're beat up, they're playing some backups, they're tired. You know, a lot of the better football teams in the NFL, they have older players, players just out of their prime. Week ten, week eleven, week twelve. Listen. I like Jayden Daniels, and let's talk about this, but he's hit a bit of a rookie wall. And last year C. J. Stroud had a three game stretch and we all like him where he completed fifty seven percent of his throws. So Jaden Daniels comes in, has a little Lamar Jackson field. Nobody has any film, nobody has in the NFL film. I mean, you're just kind of okay. You go back and look at the LSU film. I mean, you don't you don't know really what you get. And then Cliff Kingsbury with Jayden Daniels brand new. So you get four five weeks and you're like, oh, then you know, then they lose to a Baltimore and I played Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago and they lose to a Pittsburgh. And now they lose to a Philadelphia. So some teams Washington I had as a wildcard team coming into the season. Some teams it takes a while to figure them out. And I think more than any team in the NFL. That's Washington. They come in with a fastball, nobody's seen it. Kingsbury's got a new offense and a new quarterback, and everybody's kind of just you just you need more film, and then all of a sudden you kind of figure out what they are, what they're not. You see their offensive line, you know, into the season. Going into the season, we all said about the Commanders. Don't know if I like the offensive line. You know, they kind of fool people early, some smoking mirrors. I mean, they're just picking up seven yards a chunk, but they can't sustain it because they really don't have good enough. You know. I like their running backs, but I mean Terry McLaurin in the first half didn't even see a target, you know. So people take Terry McLaurin out, and it's a pretty weak wide receiving crew and it's a pretty average offensive line. And now everybody's got all the tape, and so I think he's going to be I think I think Jayden Daniels has been a home run or you know, Rookie of the Year all that stuff. But this is the reality. C J. Stroud, you know, hit a wall and had some games where you know, the game speeds up. The other thing is what happens is like a young quarterback maybe has a favorite receiver, you know, maybe relies you know, more on a running back, and then people start getting dinged up in week nine and ten and eleven, and now you know Jaden Daniels doesn't have all the components he needs, and so you know, then Cliff Kingsbury has certain things He's not gonna run, certain plays, certain sets, so you know on insert day, you know, and this is a short week anyway, you know, you're just you're limited on what you have. And I think that's what you're seeing. I think you're seeing a young quarterback and it just steps. Everything for these young quarterbacks is steps. You No, Bowe Nicks started slowly, but he has an offensive head coach and one of the great ones in Sean Payton. He keeps getting better and better. Whereas the element of surprise, what the heck is Jaden Daniels and you're guessing and he's so electric and so athletic. He was just he was picking up yards with his feet. Nothing quite like him. Looks a little like Lamar in the NFC and now we're seeing people have a track. Doesn't mean it's like a little bit like Lamar Jackson. I mean Lamar's first full year starting MVP, but he would have trouble in some division games as teams in his division like Pittsburgh or Cincinnati had seen Lamar Jackson multiple times. Remember Lamar's first year. He comes in late week eleven, he beats the Chargers, and he has to face him again in the playoffs and he loses the Chargers. I remember talking to Tom Telesco, the GM of the Chargers at the time, and he said, you know you first time you face him, Yeah, I mean you just don't. Because you can watch all the film you want, you have no idea how fast he is, how twitchy he is, how quick he sees and thinks and reacts. And then the second time you face him, Okay, we're going to take away this, that's his fastball. We're taking away that force him to go to his second and his third receiver. And then you he's still tough to beat. But you can ask Lamar Jackson. Lamar Jackson has struggled in his career. I don't think he's had a great record with against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Mike Tomlin. They always have a good defense. They see him multiple times a year, they know all the tricks, and so I think Jayden Daniels will be a very effective quarterback for teams that don't face him a lot. But for a Philadelphia that's well run, good pieces that sees him twice a year, you know he may have through the years, he may have trouble with the Eagles, but still love him. It's a pretty good quarterback class. A few years ago we had the class with Jalen Hurts and Tua and Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. This quarterback class, JJ McCarthy looked really really good in the preseason. Preseason, but he looked really good. And Bo Nicks looks good, and Jayden Daniels looks good. And I do believe Kayleb Williams will eventually get it right or closer to what he's going to be. He had a good three game stretcher earlier this season. Kayleb Williams was seventy four percent completion percentage three games. But again, now people are getting taped. Now they see what Caleb can't do. Then all of a sudden you have a wide receiver that stinged up, just steps, just a process. Jaden's going to be great. I thought Philadelphia and I they just looked they were a little tired, little beat up, but they came back to be the inferior roster twenty six to eighteen. Nick Ceriani, I still cannot get over. I don't believe they've scored on the opening drive this year. Offensive coach Sakwon Barkley, Jalen Hurts, AJ Brown, Davonte Smith, good old line. That's just odd to me. Just Philadelphia is such a unique franchise. And maybe I'm loopy because this game put me to sleep, but they're the only franchise that makes constant coaching changes. You're never quite in love with the coach. And yet I think it's a top five organization in the NFL. Everybody else, like Kansas City feels so stable, Baltimore feels so stable, Philadelphia is a little rocky and turbulent. I mean, how many coordinators have they had. I mean they're on their third offensive coordinator in three years. They're constantly rotating through coordinators, coaches, a few years back, quarterbacks. But yet I don't see them like the New York Jets the New York Giants. As a reactionary, I tend to think they're proactive, smart owner, smart GM. I didn't love them firing Chip Kelly, but at the time I felt like Chip Kelly's got a winning record. But you know what we found out in San Francisco. Chip's more of a college guy than a pro guy. So they knew something in the building that we didn't. Even though they went ten and six ten and six first two years with pretty average quarterback play, they knew something. They saw something Carson Wentz. They signed him to a big deal, and then they know they kind of moved off him, and you're thinking, what are you doing here? You just sign them to do a big deal. They kind of knew something. You know, they know things in the building. They keep it to themselves, and they react proactively, very strongly. And so Philadelphia once again, I mean, this offense with Jalen Hurts has been one of two things, turnover prone and awful, or when Nick Sirianni moves back and lets his oc run things excellent. There's nothing in between. It's either been you know, like right now, it's powerful. It's a powerful offense with a great old line at Saquon Barkley six and zero are the Eagles when Saquon rushes for one hundred or more completely change the offense of Philadelphia. Okay, this weekend, there's some interesting things tonight Jake Paul, Mike Tyson. Saturday, John Jones UFC fight. Good weekend. Good. Anytime you can get a fight on a Friday and a Saturday into a big football weekend excellent. Chad Melman's next All right, there's never been a night quite like this. On Friday, November fifteenth, Netflix and Most Valuable Promotions bring you the highly anticipated boxing mega event of the year. Jake el Gaio Paul will go toe to toe in the ring against Iron Mike Tyson, for a long time, the baddest man on the planet. When a disruptor challenges a legend, anything can happen. Also that night, historic rematch between the Brave Bomb Katie Taylor and Amanda The Real Deal Toronto. The last time they met in the ring, history was made. Women's boxing was catapulted in new hypes.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: These are the fights the world's been waiting for. Don't miss these epic showdowns. It is live from at and T Stadium, in Arlington, Texas. Watch Paul Versus Tyson Friday November fifteenth, eight pm Eastern, five BM Pacific live on Netflix. You can also follow the road to the Fight by watching Countdown Paul Versus Tyson, a three part documentary series beginning November twelfth, only on Netflix. Time for another edition of Sharp or Square. He's a host at the Action Network. All of our odds are always provided by Draftings Sportsbook. All right, Chad Melman, there are certain games I just want to watch and not bet. But I would take the Steelers plus points hosting the Ravens. The number is three and a half. It's one of the bets of the weekend. At three, I still think I take it. I think George Pickens and Mike Williams attack the Ravens weakness. Baltimore is one of those teams and this is rare. With a great team, they can outplay you and then get beat by The Raiders, can get beat by inferior teams. They're so bad on the back end. And I think Pittsburgh's a real story here. I think it's the Seahawks. Light Russell's not what's what he was was, But in this rivalry even a field goal. I'm taking the point Sharper square.
Speaker 3: Well, it's totally sharp, and you've nailed it from a couple of different directions. Won the matchup the wise guy seed exactly the way you do. We've been watching it all year with the Ravens where they're letting teams in the back door, right. We saw it with the Commanders, they were down a significant amount, they came back, they came back and they were able to cover that game. We saw it with the Bengals who were up so much because they were able to attack the back end of the Ravens defense. And don't forget, no Kyle Humphrey in this game. Kyle Humphrey is one of their, if not their best defender, and now that secondary is going to be even worse. The overarching theme here and this is the reason why professionals are on it. Don't forget this game opened at three and a half, it is settled at three. The wise guys are still on it. But look in the regular season, in this game, in this matchup the past twenty years, when the line is three or more, the underdog twenty two four and three, underdog fifteen to two and one. Since two thousand and fifteen in the regular season, when Mike Tomlin fases John Harbaugh, the underdog in this matchup twenty three, six and three, and then you go into Mike Tomlin, the most profitable coach as an underdog in the past twenty years in the NFL. And by the way, John Harbaugh when he's a favorite is not nearly as good as when he's a dog in this matchup. So there is a reason, and there is also historical reasons to consider the Steelers at plus three. You're sure.
Speaker 1: You know I like the number four and five. So Greg Cosell said something on my show today that had influence over me. This was going to be a stay away game. But the Packers offensive coach off of by at Chicago and what Greg Cosell said, it's not a Shane Waldron issue. Much like Justin Fields or Zach Wilson, Caleb Williams is not seeing coverage. He's not seeing it. He is not able to see something, spot it, get the ball out quickly. Green Bay I think has its most aggressive defense in years. I love the Boston College coach. I think he's been a really nice fit for them. Under the radar, low Key really knows his side of the ball. It's five. I would take Green Bay. I know it's a division rivalry game, but good organization coach Jordan loves healthier sharper square.
Speaker 3: So the wise guys have been on the Bears in this game. It's moved from six to five and a half to now five in some places. I agree with you for what it's worth for me, this is a pass or it's the Packers. I think there's so much dysfunction with the Bears, and the reason why the wise guys are taking them right now is because they believe this is bottomed down right. It's gotten as bad as it can get. In the locker room, it can't get any worse. Whether you believe the players were responsible for getting Shane Waldron fired, DJ Moore said that didn't happen, Whether you believe that the system can now get a little bit less complex and easier for Kayleb Williams, whether you believe that they're getting two offensive linemen back, which they are and will make him feel more comfortable in the pocket. This team has been full of chaos, and so the wise guys are betting, literally that it cannot get any worse. In a division game against their rival at home. The flip side is entirely about what the Packers can do. They have been very opportunistic as a defense this year, a lot of interceptions. They cannot rush the passer, but what they can do offensively, and this is where Matt laflor has been a genius figure out how to best take advantage of what the Bears are bad at on defense. The Bears are not a very good rushing defense. We've seen what Matt Lafleor does with someone like Josh Jacobs when he knows he doesn't have Jordan Love, he just figures out creative ways to get the running game in motion. He will likely do that against the Bears. Also, Matt lafleur seven and three when favored by four points or more. Over the past two decades, road favorites off of a buy covered a sixty percent clip. Road favorites of five and a half or more cover it a seventy percent clip. So there's lots of reasons to like the Packers here. The wise guys, I think the right side is the Bears.
Speaker 1: So Journey had a song years ago and one of the lyrics is I can't stop loving you, and I feel that's odds makers on the Jets. This is a bad test. How in God's name were they they favored at Arizona? It was never competitive, Colts getting over a field goal. So Anthony Richardson, I'm tired. I'm going to go to the sidelines. Not a smart move. It's not punishable by a month on the bench. He learned his lesson when he's healthy. He's kind of a fascinating player that's hard to defend because you have nobody in practice that can duplicate. He's a defensive end that plays quarterback. He's a huge, tackle breaking tornado of activity. That's not a great quarterback. But I'm taking the points here all day. Sharper Square.
Speaker 3: It's a fifty to fifty game right now. And I agree with you. You think about Journey, I think that same way when I think about offensive lines who are really, really physical, and the Colts offensive line when it comes to run blocking is super physical in the NFL, and we saw this last week. I loved the Colts last week against the Bills at home, and if not from Joe Flacco and three turnovers and if not for getting sacked when it's fourth and inches. I know, if not for, if not for, if not for, then all of a sudden, I'm playing in the NFL. But the point is they ran the ball on the Bills. They had more than one hundred and twenty yards rushing and Jonathan Taylor went for more than one hundred and average five and a half yards per carry, so they were able to do exactly what they wanted to do against the Bills. The Jets defense from a rushing perspective is worse than the Bills rush defense, and the team overall is much worse than the Bills are. And now you're getting Anthony Richardson. Back to your point, this is a better opportunity for Shane Steichen to let everybody run with the ball and dominate the Jets, who if you watched last week against the Cardinals, they were afraid to tackle anybody. This is not a physical defense, and they have gotten so much worse since Robert Silo was fired. So the line moved down from four to three and a half, from actually from four and a half to four to three and a half, indicating that the wise guys were on the Colts. It's come back a little bit on the on the Jets, and so now it's settled at for the majority of wise guys are with you and they will be in the Colts.
Speaker 1: Well. A Rams minus four and a half that key number of game at New England, so very rarely is have I ever seen a Sean McVay team out coached. It felt like they were out schemed early. It was like an I thought it was an embarrassing game for Sean McVay and it was hard to digest because the Dolphins, a poor pass rushing team without blitzing, just rushing four were getting relentless pressure. And my take is good coaches and good quarterbacks have stinkers. The Rams are getting healthy. That was not the Rams. They were playing very good. It's a short week. I think New England now are all buying to Drake May. This Rams defense is really good. Now. Drake May is not Tua. He's not They don't have those weapons. They're not going to listen to. Rams brought some people and they got burned on third down because Tua is a really good NFL quarterback. I'd swallowed the four and a half here take the Ram sharper square.
Speaker 3: So it's been square, and I got to tell you. We've talked about executive decisions before. I don't know why the wise guys are on the Patriots here. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. This is a bilo on the better team, sell high on the worst team situation. Why would you be betting the Patriots who are so high on life after beating up on the Bears on the road a franchise tying record nine sacks against Caleb Williams. And look, I watched that game obviously, the Rams and the Dolphins too. I looked at it a little differently. The Rams have five field goals. The Rams red zone this season has been atrocious, and to me, that was sort of the bottoming out right. Every time they got close, it was a sack, it was a botch snap, it was a fumble, it was a mistake. And then there were a couple times defensively, you know, they had that third and twenty five that they gave up, and they gave up a penalty on that one too. They had another field goal, they made the field goal five yard illegal motion penalty, they moved back, and then all of a sudden they missed the field goal. So to me, it was just it was a game full of bad breaks, bad mistakes. It's a better team. You're getting the much better team in a bounce back spot with a relatively low number.
Speaker 1: So I like that.
Speaker 3: By the way, teams who have been favorites at home and lost and then our favorites the following week on the road about sixty percent the past twenty years against the spread. And by the way, Sean McVeigh short rest fourteen and six against the spread ten and one in his last eleven games with Matthew Stafford six and one short rest, Like, I don't understand the move here. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's go with the Rams Kansas City plus two and a half at Buffalo. I think Buffalo is the most equipped they've ever been to beat Kansas City. But now Coleman's not playing and Amari Cooper's banned up and Kincaid might not play. You're not beating him at half strength because they're going to put you an uncomfortable third and longs and it's a and they're getting By the way, they're getting Pachecko back, so that that can be a difference maker for their run game, which has been pretty pedestrian Kareem Hunt's not a bad receiver out of the backfield, but he doesn't have any jet fuel anymore. This feels like an obvious one chiefs plus the points, even though it's not three sharper square.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So what's interesting about this is on Sunday night, this line opened at chiefs plus one and it started skyrocketing higher. And Sunday nights Monday mornings, that's when the wise guys are betting. They're taking advantage of some early lines. There are line moves in that first twenty four hour window that's professional money. And this line moved from Kansas City plus one, Kansas City plus one and a half, Kansas City plus two, Kansas City plus two and a half, and it made no sense. This is a little bit like the Steelers, where you know what the precedent is. You know, Mike Tomlin does this x percent amount of time. That is what we call in the betting business a plus EV plus expected value return on your investment. Right, so you just bet it. Like he might not love it, you might get burned on it four times out of ten, but six times out of ten you're going to win. The percentages. With Patrick Mahomes as an underdog or a favorite of less than three are so much higher than anything else you could possibly imagine. And sure, maybe he's getting by with a little bit of voodoo this year. Maybe he's been incredibly lucky. Maybe there are games they show a loss to the forty nine, Maybe they should have lost to the Broncos like there have been spots, But look, twelve one and one against the spread? Is Mahomes as an underdog? Okay? His only against the spread loss was against the Bills two years ago two and a half point underdogs They lost by four twenty five and ten straight up twenty six, eight and one in his career against the spread as a favorite of three or fewer points or as an underdog, like I'm with you, you just don't bet against Patrick Mahomes in this spot. If people didn't learn their lesson in the Super Bowl where he was a two and a half point underdog. If Patrick Mahomes is close, ask yourself this, do you want to be betting against him at the end of the game. Are you going to feel comfortable with that? No, nobody is. And to your point, Kean Coleman out, Amari Cooper out, Kin Kaid if he does play is playing with the cast. They're a little banged up on the right side of their offensive, like there are reasons to be afraid to bet on the bills beyond Patrick Mahomes. So yes, this line has come down, by the way to answer the original question. So it's starting to become sharp to bet on the chiefs.
Speaker 1: Are you struggling to find the right candidates? Well, good news, there's a place to go to get help. It's called zip recruiter. Doesn't work for you fast and easy, right now this second. You can try it for free. All you do is go to ZipRecruiter dot com slash colin. It's the hiring site that employers trust the most, according to G two. So how quickly does zip recruiter work instantly? They have a powerful matching technology helps you find the top talent fast saves your time and money. Four out of five employers who post on zip recruiter listen to this. Four to five get a quality candidate within the first day. So see for yourself. All you have to do do it for free ZipRecruiter dot com slash colin right now, free, I mean free. That's the same price as a perfect sunset try it free exclusive web address, ZipRecruiter dot com slash Colin coln zip recruiter. The smartest way to hire really is all right, the final one of my picks. So the Chargers are only minus one and a half and I looked at that number and thought, why that's a funky number. No, it's not the offense. I'm going to take the Bengals plus the points here here's why. So they played on Thursday. Now they get it. Not only do they get extra rest, they don't play till Monday. So it's a strange. It's really a lot of extra rest. As I've told you, if you have a great quarterback and an offensive coach, I think that time matters. The Jets have an old quarterback and an interim coach. That extra rest against Arizona didn't matter. But I think Zach Taylor and Joe Burrow and they're already humming and the Chargers. Everybody loves the Chargers. They don't have a ton of downfield weapons. They have very few plus twenty yard plays. So there's a way they have to play to win long drives. Long drives are hard, penalties fumbles, It's hard to create nine to ten and eleven play drives, Bengals score quickly, they get freebies. I'm gonna take the points to the Bengals the rest sharper square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's sharp this numbers move. It opened at two and a half last Sunday to move down to about got down to one actually, and then bounced up a little bit with some Charger moony at one and a half. But it's definitely the sharp side. I I I agree with you, like you want to be on the Bengal side here for the same reason you don't want to bet against Patrick Mahomes. Do you want to be betting against Joe Burrow, who lights out this year, who has an underdog is second only to Patrick Mahomes, and how well he performs amongst this current class of quarterbacks, you don't. The reason why there would be any sentiment in favor of the Chargers right now is because this has been a very strange gambling year. You know, to look Macro here, you as a businessman, as someone who has succeeded far beyond just being a media personality. The past two weeks has been earning season for public traded companies right that includes sports betting operators, the two major sports betting operators both had to reduce their revenue expectations for the year because of what they have defined as customer friendly outcomes, meaning there has been hundreds of millions of dollars in reduce revenue because so many favorites are winning this year, so many more than expected, right And what that means is that teams like the Chargers have been over exceeding the expectation as favorites because they do exactly what you want them to do. They don't make high variant coaching decisions because Harbaught is very consistent. You know what he's going to do. They don't turn the ball over. They're really disciplined, so they don't have this stupid penalties that a lot of other teams have having, and those things have been impacting the games in a much wider way than they have in previous years. So that's why people like the Chargers right now is the Chargers are making people money. But the sharp side in this game are the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Always a game I want you to pick for me. I like Denver at home minus two and a half against Atlanta. Kirk Cousins not one hundred percent Pennix could play, and though he played it Indiana and Washington cold wet weather areas, it's a tough opening assignment. Denver's getting a tremendous pass rush. I do worry that out playing Kansas City and losing the way they did is an emotional gut punch for the Broncos. I do think there's something there. But Bonnicks and this Denver team, they know they're not a Hoist Trophy team, like they know they're going to lose games like this. They have a rookie quarterback, a thin roster, and I think there's value in playing close and out playing the Super Bowl champs. I think they actually come out of that game thinking shit, out played Mahomes. I don't think this is a veteran team that really SAgs and thinks. You know, Buffalo losing to the Chiefs again the following week, you like you really have a low energy locker room. I'm going to take Denver here. Tell me why I'm right or wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually cannot decide on this game. It's so interesting you bring it up because early in the week I loved Atlanta. Here I thought to myself, Atlanta really shouldn't have lost that game and against New Orleans, and you know, I love New Orleans. Last week I tried to get you to come along with me on New Orleans. You are not having it. You will not that game you want, you don't want to watch. You totally get it, respect the theory, but I felt like at the end of the game, New Orleans scored three points in the second half, the Falcons missed multiple field goals, including a field goal that could have tied the game with six minutes left. They had a very unlucky game. And now you got Kirk Cousins, who just historically is great against the spread, great straight up coming off a loss. I really like the way the Falcons have been running the ball. Bijon has been a different level of player than he was in his rookie season. He's showing all the things that everyone was excited about, receding out of the backfield, his ability to run away from tacklers, the ability to run people over. I then thought about, Okay, two and a half feels high. You know, it feels like you're overvaluing the Broncos and their ability to and what they did against the Chiefs, And I like you, I felt like the chief The Broncos will walk away that of that game against the Chiefs and be like, we're emboldened. I would not be crustified with them at all. I'd be going into a thinking, Wow, we can hang like we are a really good team. And you and I have talked about this where Sean Payton has done with bo Nix, talk about the opposite of Caleb Williams right like he has basically thrown the book at him and gotten him better and better and better every single week. And that Falcons defense, they don't pressure anybody. Bo Nix is going to look at this and be like, are they even playing defense? Is anybody trying to come after me? Because of the difference between how aggressive the Chiefs are. So I'm having a hard time finding the winner in this one. I don't I'm probably not going to bet it. I don't have a strong opinion. The wise guys don't really have a strong opinion on this either. They lean Denver. But you're not seeing people running to the window saying I got to get a ticket.
Speaker 1: On the Broncos. Finally, what's the game I should be betting that I have overlooked?
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't believe I have to say it, but hello Cleveland, Like, are you kidding me? We've got the Browns off a bye with a healthier defense. You look at their you look at their injury report, there's nobody on it. So Kevin Stefanski builds a game plan where he's basically just handing the ball to Nick Chubb behind what if it had been healthy from the beginning of the year, would have been a top five offensive line. And you've got a top five defensive line going against Derek Carr, who, when he's not pressured, as we saw against the Falcons, can be a really good quarterback, and when he is pressured basically becomes one of the most losing quarterbacks in NFL history. So how am I not vetting the Browns after the Saints basically just won their Super Bowl? This was the game they had to win. I will not bet on the Saints again this year. That was a one time thing. Now I'll bet the Browns. And by the way, the wise guys have been betting the Browns. The line open to two and a half, down to two one and a half one, now it's a half. There are a lot of places where the Browns it's going to flip and they're going to be favorite. So if you want to get it, get it now.
Speaker 1: Cleveland minus one at New Orleans. How disgusting, So.
Speaker 3: Disgusting, not only that you are betting on Jamis in his homecoming revenge game in New Orleans, the team that ran him out of town after he got Jamal Williams a touchdown last year, like he is going to. Kevin Stefanski is going to have to do everything he can possibly do to keep Jamis from making terrible, terrible throws and putting him in bad positions, and then the fifteen times that he asks him to throw in the game. He's just got to cross his fingers and pray.
Speaker 1: Any feeling on the Seahawks getting six and a half at San Francisco zero same, I get same.
Speaker 3: I can't get the Niners. You look at the box score. They should have beaten the Buccaneers by nine hundred points.
Speaker 1: I believe me. It was my lock of that year San France. Let us go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it made no sense. And even like the Jake Moody misses, if he had made one of those field goals, the last field goal, they still win by six and they cover the five and a half.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense to me their red zone struggles continue. You got to wonder how much does Brandon I you not being there really make a difference. Clearly it's something. It's more than just Debo and any injuries or Christian mccaffree and any injuries. I also wonder, Look Trent Williams, who we love and is a dominant offensive lineman and one of the best in the NFL. He missed all a training camp and he's old, So you got to ask yourself, all right, did that actually have more of an impact? They aren't as dominant an offensive line. They already weren't a great offensive line going into the season, and what Kyle Shanahan's schemes usually masks that deficiency less so this year. So I don't have an opinion on this. Meanwhile, the Seahawks like they just waigh, they're leading tackler. I think they're still trying to figure out who they are defensively. So I'm going to pass on this game as always. Chad Milman, Thanks man, good to see your brother.
Speaker 1: The volume. Thanks so much for listening. If you've enjoyed the podcast, take a moment rate and review