Speaker 1: Shoot your shot on Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. That's right, Prize Picks is now giving you fifty dollars in lineups when you sign up and play your first five dollar lineup. Prize Picks make every dump, every dime, every board more exciting, so don't miss a chance to get started on America's number one app for sports picks. It's peak basketball season and you already know my guy Luca been going crazy. More points, more threes, more sis. It's go time for Luca baby. Find your community on Prize Picks. With a new social feeds feature, you can share prize picks with your friends and copy lineups from winners with a single click. Copy lineups like you like or use them as inspiration for your own picks. You can even follow Prize Picks partners like us and tail A fade our picks with just one click. Get in on the action that Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida.
Speaker 2: And Jorgan.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks is simple to play. Just download the Prize Pick app today. Use coach sha to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's Cod Shannon, to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Good Indian ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite UNC. There's my partner in co hosts Liberty Cities own the Bengal Great Ring of Fame, Arno Reed. He's a former pro bowler and an All Pro. He's Chad o Jo Senko Johnson and University of Arkansas Little Rock, Arkansas native, a seven time NBA All Star from the Atlanta Halls and recently nominated for the Basketball Hall of Fame. That is Iso Joe Johnson. John was haddening good. We be good over here. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. Thank you, guys, Thank you for staying up late with us tonight. We really really appreciate it. And it's night like this that we greatly greatly appreciate. Your support makes it all worthwhile. So again, thank you for your support and you'll continue support. Those looking to purchase a battle of shave by Lapotier, hit on it to La Portier Kanyak dot com if it's currently unavailable in a state or sitting near you. Shave by Laportier as a premium vessel p Kanyact the best tasting premium vessel Pee Cognact on the market, and now it comes in two sizes, the Og which is a seven fifty, and now we have the Junior which is the three seventy five. Same great quality, same great taste, the same smoothness. Please please drink responsibly and be safe. Some very interesting games tonight. I think we're less than one thousand subs away from two to million. Let's try to cross that threshold in the next two hours. So again, thank you guys. Duke is heading to its Elite eight for the third straight year thanks to an eighty seventy five victory over Saint John red Men Carlos Boos Cam Boozer started out slowly, but he had thirteen points and nine rebounds after half Foster suffer the fraction foot just twenty days ago was a game changer in the second half. Those guys let it go from the three point line. He came up to basically have eleven points on five or seven shooting after the half. Ah Man, we looked at it. I knew this game was gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised with all the size, especially the big bodies that Saint Johnson Joe show, that they were able to out rebound them by thirteen edge of four Big East Player of the Year. They got some big bodies, and I thought they would do a better job on the glass than what they did against Duke. Give Duke credit. They hit some big shots down the stretch and they got because Saint John's had got out to a nice league, but Duke would not go away. They scratched and clawed and got and they end up pulling it out. Joe, what did you like about what you saw from the Blue Man? Just se gritting toughness that they played with. Okay, Oh, Joe, I thought, I.
Speaker 3: Thought Saint John's had some guys too, you know that that could tame Boozer whish they did in that first half, and I just thought in the second half, you know, he just kind of put his head down and started making plays. And that's what that's what great players do. That's why he will be a lottery pick in this upcoming draft. He gonna be a top I believe it will be at least the top three pick. I don't know if you'll go number one.
Speaker 1: You know, you hear the speculation, the barb you got Peterson, but he ain't getting passed ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Get passed through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's been a winner his whole life, you know, from from since I've even known about him in high school through au all the way to do.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's a winner, bro.
Speaker 3: But I don't see them going too much farther because I feel like, uh, you know, Evans had a great game.
Speaker 2: He made some tough shots, he made some big shots.
Speaker 3: But oo, it's like nobody else, everybody else was just kind of out there, you know what I mean. And I thought Saint John's got off to a great start. You know that that I thought. I said, you know what, I like how Saint John's played because they pick up full court. You know, they weigh you down. I said, if they can sustain this, they may be all right, because at the end of the day. Saint John's got big guys. That's juniors and seniors versus versus Duke, who are relying on a freshman, you know what I mean. So I thought that would come to play too. But obviously Duke answered the bell. They got back in the game and was able to, you know, pretty much take take advantage of it. But all in all, men, I thought it was a great game. I thought Saint Johns could have done more, though, you know, they got guys who was just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Edgefort had to be better. He was six or seventeen.
Speaker 1: He was big East player to year, defensive guy, big body guys, Hopkins. They got, Like I said, I thought they would have guys that can match up at least. Look, Booze is gonna get his points. He's a big, big kid, big strong body as an NBA body, and he happens to be a freshman in college. You look at his dad and you see how his dad played the game of basketball. You look at his dad built, so you're not surprised that he has that type of a body. But I was just looking and I agree with you, Joe, when you look at these guys Saint John's have juniors and seniors, and they got grown in bodies, and I thought they would do a better job of keeping him off the glass. And that's where they started getting hurt because when Duke misshot, they would get the rebound, and they would miss a shot again and they would.
Speaker 2: Get the rebound.
Speaker 1: At some point in time, that's gonna come back to bite you because I think one time the school with fifty four forty five and I was like, Okay, Saint John's gets some separation. But you look back up in the next day, you know it's a three poot call game because Duke was relentless on the glass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe, I was gonna say say the same thing.
Speaker 5: Obviously, despite Saint John's size, the second chance points that Duke was able to get. Obviously they did very well guardan Booze in the first half, but Unkle, it all comes down to who wants more. Yeah, you know, being able to will what it is you want to do, whether whether it's getting second chance points, whether it's where it's crashing the boards and and allowing your team another possession, you know, on the ball. I mean Duke did that first half. Obviously s John played well, but second half.
Speaker 4: I mean it was due. It was Duke all day. Yeah, I think I'm gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 5: Obviously, once you get down into lead eight offensively only having two players that were efficient from the field and and Boozer and goddamn Evans, you're gonna need more.
Speaker 4: You're gonna need more your players to come in.
Speaker 5: And contribute, you know, you know, to those game, because it's not gonna be as easy as it was you got in the second half when you play better team.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I agree with you. Oh Joe, I'll think about this, you know, edge of four. The the reason why you know we have uh game changes, game managers and people who can control the game is because when you look at Boozer, you know he started he hey look he wasn't getting it on the block. What do he started doing? He started bringing up the court, he started playing point guard.
Speaker 2: He was at the top of the key.
Speaker 3: He was getting a pick and roll that you four can't do that, you know what I mean, that's not his game.
Speaker 2: So this is what I'm saying, game changer. It just being a freshman, Like we.
Speaker 3: Were just saying, he's gonna be a He's gonna be a top three pick and if he can wield them, you know, continue to keep willing them to the next round. Dude got a chance, man, because these are some dogs.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: He ain't play against no, no, no backyard boys over there.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, yeah, he played against the dogs, the guys.
Speaker 1: I think the difference in the ball game was Evans because every time if Saint John's made a run that would get a lead, Evans.
Speaker 2: Would come down a three.
Speaker 1: They would do something else that Evans would do, would make another spectacular play. He was a difference like, yeah, Booze did what he did. Boo's got that AD one and that was a phenomenal player and his daddy they're paying the yeah and bo going crazy. But it was Evans because they took they took the lead back Joe by two and here come and come Isaiah everth come back bang of DP three would have got in his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That that that that showed That shows me something there because I felt that they if Saint John's could have got to stop there, maybe like okay, now we go down and get another get another basket, and now we got to you know, okay, you needed three the times but he didn't waste any time. I mean, he came back and he pulled it. He let it go bang right in his right in his eyes. And then it was back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. You get uh, and you're like, Caleb Foster hit the you know him, step back.
Speaker 2: It's just Duke.
Speaker 1: When Duke absolutely had the habit, the guys that they count on, they came through. And that's the mark of a good team. When you absolutely gotta have something. Can your guys come through and make a play When they needed a rebound booth, look got it. When they needed a big shot, their guys hit it. Saint John's didn't get that. And like you said, I'm looking at these big guys, I'm like, okay, yeah, he hey.
Speaker 2: Duke.
Speaker 1: You know Duke coming to coming to play with eighteen year olds, Saint John's comes showing up between one year olds. There's a difference between the two. And I was just like, damn, I am shocked. If somebody would have told me that Duke would out rebound Saint John's by thirteen, given what they have insides, wise, maturity, I wouldn't have believed that Joe.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't there's not a chance in there that I wouldn't either because coach by Rick Patino. You know, his teams are always gritty, tough. They they pick up full court and uh they played pressure defense. Even when you remember back in the days when he was coaching the Kentucky teams, you know you you weren't going in uh in Kentucky Arena as a ruugh arena.
Speaker 2: You weren't going to no none of that. Ain't getting no win.
Speaker 3: But back to the Evans kid for Duke, you know, he got a chance to be a lot of the pick, you know, this year. So if I'm him, I want to continue this pace. I want to continue my trajectory as far as being a lottery pick. And and this year is NBA Draft, so I think you'll get good money from him, you know, with Douke, But they gonna need more than just them two guys to continue. I mean, this is I mean, eighty points ain't bad though, you know in college, you know we think about it, but Arizona hung one hundred and something on us, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Damn, man, come on, man, gotta be a good one. They got yukon. Next we're gonna talk about Yukon. Here, that's another green team. Two teams that get after you, that to pick you up.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The difference you see, Shy is kind of like more laid back. Dan Hurley is up. Yeah he uh he reminds that guy that Bobby Knight, that that that is that guy up and and and and right there Coach Richards at the marketsall sharks come a little bit more calm, he got you know, he got a little he got he got a Yukon Garro. Excuse me, girro.
Speaker 2: You know he.
Speaker 1: The brother dad heard him like, and you really about that? I'm like, bro, calm down, damn hey, it's a time out.
Speaker 2: Why you up yelling? It's a timeout.
Speaker 1: They coming to the bus. But he's really intense. But that's gonna be a great matchup. I mean you talk about you know, uh, just a year year, two years ago, Yukon went back to back, two blue bloods. Uh, two teams that know what it's like to win championships, that has that pedigree, and you go there, you understand what's expected of you.
Speaker 2: The standard is the standard.
Speaker 1: The standard was set thirty years before you arrived, before you were even scorn The standard at Yukon is the standard of Yukon.
Speaker 2: The standard that duke is the standard of that duke.
Speaker 1: And they were led to programs were, you know, put on the map by Hall of Fame coaches, coach K and then what's the guy you at Yukon, what's his coach?
Speaker 2: What's the coach name that you can the old coach? Uh? I know he's talking about I can't think of his name.
Speaker 1: Some cal Hon, Yeah, Jim Calhoun, Yeah, Jim Calhoun, yeah, Jim Calhoun. All the great players we know, all the great players that came through, all the great players that came through Yukon.
Speaker 2: And this is just a we just continue this feline.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be that's gonna be some kind of that's what they play Saturday, so that's gonna be no.
Speaker 3: Sunday. Oh, that's gonna be something. Man, That's that's gonna be. Is getting good now, it's getting good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yukon. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Now I'm trying to say, we're just gonna just slide by Saint John, because that's who you had winning.
Speaker 2: We smoking on that Saint John's back to night they were you had said, John's going to know you.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, my team went out yesterday. We talking about your team that you had picked.
Speaker 5: We're gonna talk about y'all sitting that argon.
Speaker 4: Guess who didn't have him winning? Guess who didn't have him winning?
Speaker 1: Your mask gotta be out the market.
Speaker 2: You're smoking on that Saint John's back to night.
Speaker 4: I got this little Saint John pack Ma.
Speaker 2: You know, look at you. You see how y'all do see yo, I wasn't doing on ThisDay.
Speaker 3: Man, y'all look y'all already had before we got online.
Speaker 2: It was already a real already for her.
Speaker 1: Come on man, over time over there. I didn't have nothing to do with that, Joe. I don't want to see y'all over company, But I ain't charge on man, Yes you are. If a shoe man functions, you don't get mad. You don't get mad at them, feel Knight, You get mad at you, saying I got why you mad cause you just thank the graphics team. You think, Bailey, you think this would that was? And now you're talking about me.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, I know who I know who are I know the infrastructure now, I know who are working inside.
Speaker 2: I know who up there? You know what I mean? I seen the names on there to day.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, Bailey, ain't none of you're working overtime though, How y'all come out with a reel already gained just a over two minutes ago. I mean, I mean they had plenty of time to work on it. They saw y'all die by twenty with fifteen minutes ago. All right, you gave a plenty You gave a plenty of time to work on it.
Speaker 2: You can't beat Michigan State.
Speaker 1: To hang on to beat Michigan State, Tyres Reed Junior scored twenty points, Alex Caravan has seventeen. Both made pressure pack free throws in the final minutes to help Yukon hold off Michigan State. I thought this game was gonna be a blowout early again Michigan credit credit Michigan State credit because they were down fifteen seventeen points early and they thought it more than that, clawed their way back in, made it respectable. I half, all you got to do is let's let's let's stay, let's go into the half. We can't be down. Let's not be died by more than five. If we could make it the ball can we got twenty minutes to do something? Give Michigan State credit. But yu Can thirty two and five back to back national championship ten years ago, and it seemed to be there on the way. Hey, they're a good team found ways. But I think they're gonna need They're gonna need They're gonna need more. Yes, they're gonna need more. Their bitch only gave them seven, only gave them eight points. They gonna need those guys gonna happen. Well, you know, you know, Michigan State like them low scoring games. They ain't thet They ain't trying to play up in the eighties and the nineties.
Speaker 3: They ain't what Michigan State do. You know, they they don't even have them type of players.
Speaker 2: And I talk about game changers and game managers.
Speaker 3: Uh. I thought Michigan State they play well as a team. So does Yukon uncle oho. I think Yukon't just got you know, they got some guys who can really take over and really be, you know, a game change. They continue to take you, you know, farther than the tournament. Not only that, you know, they they tough, gritty, play aggressive, you know what I mean, Like I know we're playing everybody think basketball is just this for this game and you don't get to man, listen, you can't out that playing bro. They competing, they competing, they touching you.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey uncle, you know I I think they let them play a little bit more in college than what they do they do they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, damn, they ain't gonna lie. I like that. I like because even when you see.
Speaker 3: The vert catti vert catally, I can't even say the word the vertical challenge, when guys are straight.
Speaker 2: Up verta caliy uh, yeah, you know they don't call that.
Speaker 3: It don't matter how hard you run into a dude, long as he don't come over you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think. I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I think they're a lot more aggressive in college than the pros and the pros because you know, guys gonna be flaking and flopping and they they trying to sell a call college. You don't really get that. You know, you don't really get that in college, guys they competing.
Speaker 1: The guys don't stay long enough and built up that kind of credit.
Speaker 2: You don't get a Crustian Latner.
Speaker 1: You're not getting again Duncan, You're not getting Bobby Hurler and Grant Hills guys that are played and officials know them since the freshman, sophomore, junior. Here they are seniors playing. You don't get that anymore, Joe. So these guys here, they get good at them. Ain't no saying, but hey, I appreciate, I appreciate the hospitality. It was great being on campus for six months.
Speaker 2: But I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: So those days, so you're not gonna get a player that if he's really good, he wanted done.
Speaker 2: It ain't.
Speaker 1: If he's halfway good, he's wanting done. You're never gonna get another Tim Duncan. You're never gonna get another Kenyon Martin. Those days are over. Guys that stayed four years are senior. Kenyon Martin was the last senior to go number one overall. That was in two thousand. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah they ain't.
Speaker 2: That was that was a quarter of CRIC goal.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you'll ever see it again because the guys are like, there's too much money at the next destination for me to.
Speaker 4: State exactly, and you know what I think it's gonna come down to.
Speaker 5: So obviously that I think, obviously look at Duke, you look at Yukon, you look at what Caravan and read you were able to do, Yeah, and dominating and controlling the game being the ones who are going to score the points. You look at Duke, they had two players I think are gonna come down to what other players are gonna contribute, not just on the bench. I'm talking about that starting five. You got people that got that gonna be able to will themselves and score points who you want to. Then you have three that are somewhat just decoration on the court. I don't I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but I'm just saying there's really no contribution on the point side. They contribute in other areas, but I think as far as points scoring, someone else is gonna have to step up, And obviously the bench. I think the bench is gonna be very important for Duke and Yukon and who's able to come off the bench and contribute in those times, in those pursure situations to kind of not ease the pain, but make the game a little easier, to take some of the pressure off the starters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well you can't.
Speaker 3: They really They gonna take a collective team effort to really beat you.
Speaker 2: Oho.
Speaker 3: You know, they ain't really just gonna rely on one guy like this, even though Red had a ell for game, but they got other guys who can who can step up and have big games as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing.
Speaker 1: That concerns me about Yukon is they got out rebounded by nine and Mission in Michigan State is not a big team. They Michigan, but so just but just think about how Duke hit the glass with Booze and the big kid, the other kid.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a lottery peat.
Speaker 1: But this is if you let them get the glass like that, if you got that rebounding, you get that right abound about fifteen because Duke one thing they do, they hit the glass.
Speaker 2: Boozs are gonna get those rebounds. I mean, we talked about it.
Speaker 1: He's twenty two and ten, that's where he was to night, twenty two and ten, and I like the fact that of the matter is that he doesn't press. I love Booze because he doesn't press. He's like, Okay, I don't worry about I got the whole another half. Ain't no sense of me taking these willing nilly shots. I ain't finish jack up threes. I ain't finish shooting no fall away jumpers. I'm gonna let it come. You watch it. He'll get easy baskets, he'll get a lay up, he'll get a put back, and next day, you know, he's a rhythm. He's getting to the free throw line. He's in a rhythm. You call got u. Car's gonna definitely have to play better than what they played today, and I expect him too. I beg dan Early is gonna look, guys, hey, we gotta we have. We won surviving advance, we won the ball game. But in order for us to go to the final four, we're gonna have to beat the number one overall. See, a team that by many thought would was picked and winning at the beginning of the season, and we're gonna have to play one of our best games of the year in order.
Speaker 2: To I agree.
Speaker 3: But but but remember what we was talking about, the experience. They ain't got nothing but juniors and sings. Okay, you know they got some guys who would experience. So that experience against that freshman talent that Duke has, I think it can help. I think it can help you con and you know in a different way like it can help it, I think it can help them propel and win the game, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I can see them beating Dupe, but I can too.
Speaker 1: But but what concerns me is that for those guys to be pressure and to be in that situation, I thought they handled the pressure well. I thought Duke guards handled the pressure well, because we know Michigan, we know Izzo teams like the pressure, you like not to get up into you. And I thought they did a great job of handling that. So they weren't our other moment. They weren't all like, damn, I just left high school. So much I'm doing out here. There's like, hey, yeah you do. And I think it has a lot to do with the expectations you go to do. You know what expectations are, you know the you know you uh And you see guys, I mean, I don't know how many these guys were there in the summer.
Speaker 2: And you see the guys come back.
Speaker 1: You see Zion, and you see all these other guys come back, and R J. Barrett and and Tatum and this one and that one in Ingram and this one and they come back and hey, don't you mess this up? Dawkins and America and Danny Ferry they started this and later and Chris here and Christian Ladner and all these guys, they continue this and so forth and so on. So don't y'all mess this up? Don't I agree? I agree, it's gonna be a good one. Who you got? Who you got y'all brackets all messed up? We got Joe?
Speaker 4: So can you come?
Speaker 3: I just can't pick Duke. You say you can't pick Duke? Why you just gotta be a b D anybody?
Speaker 4: But I forgot. I forgot how we got jo Jo?
Speaker 2: Who? They play? Duke play? Who again? You calling? I'm talking about? Oh? They play? You come? Yeah? I think I'm I think I'm gonna go. You come. Yeah, I'm gonna go. You come.
Speaker 3: Because the experience that they have, and I just feel like, yeah, I know Bull's gonna give you twenty and ten. I don't know if Evan's gonna continue to play at that level he played at today.
Speaker 2: He shot the lights out of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah No, I mean, hey, hey, I don't know. I don't know if you'll have another out of body experience like that Joe and Ojo. But he shot the lights out of the ball to they know he doesn't play if he doesn't have this game. They're not advanced, Joe. They're not advancing. If he doesn't play like he plays today, they're not.
Speaker 3: And that's why I said that, And that's why if I'm him, if I'm the Evans kid, I'm thinking to myself, Man, listen, my draft my draft stock can continue to rise if I just continue to keep playing you know, great basketball. He gonna have to he's gonna have to give him twenty He's gonna have to give him twenty plus a game too. Now, I know we're putting a lot on Booze, but but Evans, you know, he didn't been there. He'd been playing on this big stage. Boob's been playing on this big stage since he been playing high school.
Speaker 1: And you yeah, yeah, they are messing to it. You know, when your dad is who you're you live. First of all, if you play a sport that your dad played, you already know what the expectations are.
Speaker 4: You got to deal with the comparisons that you got.
Speaker 2: I know it's messed up.
Speaker 3: It's messed up too, because I don't know about y'all, but me as a father, it's like, you know, with my son playing basketball, you know what I mean, it's like I can't. Really, it's hard for me to really get on him like I really want to, because they're like, man, he ain't you, he ain't. I'm like, Bro, I'm giving you the game. I'm telling you how to beat these suckers out here. Man, I'll tell you I got the blueprint.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: It's easy for somebody else to coach your son. I was trying to, Hey, I just let you know what. Hey, listen to them. I mean, forget the fact that they I was on Super Bowl winning teams. I was a Pro Bowl. I was All Pro catching the football. But you know what listened to the guy that that played didn't go farther.
Speaker 2: Now, that's all I'm saying. That's all I'm saying. You're right. So, but you know.
Speaker 1: As a if you were a professional athlete and your son plays the sport that you played, see if he plays a different sport, they're like, Okay, his dad was a basketball player, football player, or his dad was a football player, he a basketball player, or he a baseball player. But when you played that same sport, the expectations, whether it's fair or unfair, people automatically. But Bro, that's the jeans I mean.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, always, and.
Speaker 1: It is and it is what it is. And now you know, talking talking to Griffy Jr. And Griffy Jr. Like it was just hard to watch his son play, he said, because he would go there and be sitting in the stands and and people say he ain't nothing like you and Griffy and juniors, and Griffy say, well tell me five.
Speaker 2: It's so it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Griffy says that when his dad would come see him play, he couldn't do nothing. He said, his dad would have to sneak up in the r V and just watch from a distance. He wouldn't know his dad was there, he said, But when his mom come, say, his dad would call.
Speaker 2: His mom said, what that boy do? Uh? He I think he was like three for four two home when I was there. Yeah, because because he said he that when I was there.
Speaker 1: But it's it's it's like, I mean, just imagine your Peyton Manny dadd It was Archie number two pick in the draft. You know, the expectations are, oh, Joe yo, my kid, your kid, My my son just said, I don't want it. I don't want I don't want to do that. My dad played, I got my uncle. I don't want nothing, no part of that.
Speaker 3: Why I think it's so hard to duplicate though, Like, that's why I respect Joe.
Speaker 2: You didn't have. You didn't have.
Speaker 1: Just imagine if your dad played in the NBA. See you got, you got to smooth right along, Like, damn, man, Joe really good. There was no comparison. Automatically, I had to get compared to my my brother, three year old of me.
Speaker 2: He's a senior.
Speaker 1: I'm a freshman. So the comparisons are there. I'm like, but damn, he my brother, not my dad. I know we got, I know we got. We got the same mass dad, the same parents.
Speaker 2: But damn.
Speaker 1: But I embraced that. It's hard to live up to that expect those that others put on you. You might not like, hey, I'm just going along.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, hey, yeah, you know Joe, Joe Andunk. That's how I think it was with my son. Obviously, my son Joe played Arizona State. He played receiver out there in Arizona State, played a Venice High school. Yeah, and obviously with the Arizona Stapers with Jadon Dan before Jaden's transferred over to the God damn l s U.
Speaker 4: Really I didn't. I didn't understand the pressures and the comparisons, you know, to it.
Speaker 5: But I think my son got to a point where I think he was somewhat fed up with it. I think he in a sense, he he kind of played football because I did it. I think I don't think it was really his first he was really his first love. That's not what I think he did just because I did it. I think the comparisons to him, I don't know if it got to him a little bit, But I don't think he loved the game the way I did. You know, maybe his aspiration, his dreams, maybe it wasn't to play in the NFL.
Speaker 1: You know, he had a he had a nice you. He didn't have the same stimuli that you had. Yeah, yeah, that's a whole that's a whole different ball. And that's what I tell people, my son stimuli. My son got to come in and hit the garage on the three co garage in the ten thousand bus. Shanna didn't have no garage. Shanna have send the block plaws, I mean, send the block home.
Speaker 5: To different You gotta really want it, you gotta really want the gotta be something that you really love to do, you know. And I don't think he really really loved the game like that. And and I'm one, and Joe, you know, I don't. I don't push my kids to do nothing. I support you. But if it's not what you want to do, whatever endeavors you endeavors it is that you you that that that attract you.
Speaker 4: And interests you, I'm all for it. I'm gonna be whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: My youngest son, Save he different mentally, He different. Yeah, he's a dog and he actually wants it. Ain't got nothing to do with me, and he's gonna care nothing but no comparisons because he talking trash to me already as a sophomore high school, talk about I'm bigger than you.
Speaker 2: He a receiver.
Speaker 4: Joe, Yeah, man, Dad, I'm better than what you mean, you better than me? Well you better check you better check you too, who you're talking to. He's either a different kind of animal.
Speaker 5: So I can see him already, you know, playing on Sunday, and just because of his mentality, you know you want it, you want it.
Speaker 2: It's really simple.
Speaker 1: Oh you out the same way I tell him, I can't want something more for you than you want them for yourself. I'm not gonna push you in any direction, but all I ask don't waste my time money. If you want to do this, if you need a coach, if you need whatever you need, I will get you whatever you need to help you be the absolute best you can be in what you want to do. But don't waste my time and money. If that's not what you want to do. Don't do it because your mom wanted to do don't do it because your friends do it. Do it because you want to do it. And if you want to do it, I'm gonna move heaven and earth to try to make sure you get the best.
Speaker 2: So you can agree. I agree.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's that. That's that's all I asked. Don't waste my time and don't waste my mind. If you want to be you want to be an astronaut. Hell, if I got a call Neil Tyson and the grog, hey bro, check this out, my son.
Speaker 2: Say I don't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm just said Joe I would do. I'm gonna do whatever I can. But if that's not what you want to do, and it's it's it's hard growing up in the shadows because there's a separation between you and your your your kids. But just think of me and my brother every everything. Broy, you ain't good at your brother, your brother? Oh, man, your brother been gone. Oh your brother did that? Your brother did man?
Speaker 2: Man? Your brother ran ten five? Man, you ain't running.
Speaker 4: But ten nine? What damn? That's still pretty fad.
Speaker 1: So but it didn't never bother me. See, I didn't. I didn't live in my brother other shadow. I embraced it. So when they told me, ah, you ain't as good as your brother, I'm gonna show you. I'm gonna show you. Now as a high schooler, I could have been better had I applied myself. I was just so much mortality to everybody else. So, Joe, I ain't do no work in lifting weights. For what I lift them tobacco racks, I lift them bells of hey, I lifted watermelons and bushel the corn and onions. That's when I lifted to get their body. Once I got to college and I started lifting weights, and I saw my body change. Yeah, oh my, oh, Joe, I went from like one eighty to two on five. So when we stopped playing football in November and by the time we had spring practice.
Speaker 2: I was two on bods. What yeah, man, my brother came.
Speaker 1: When my brother came and saw me, he said, man, what they feed you in Savada State. I say, they don't feed us in a better state on the South Carolina. That's for damn sure. Then he came back my junior year. Now I'm like two twenty.
Speaker 4: God from twenty.
Speaker 2: Lifted, you know, he told me.
Speaker 1: He told me my junior year, he said, you gonna lift because I want to be I say, I want to be a member.
Speaker 2: Of four six club.
Speaker 1: He said four six What I said, No, I want to been four hundred pounds the squad six hundred. He said, you gonna lift yourself into a three point stance.
Speaker 2: I've been damn o Joe.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: He told me about junior a college. He said, you will lift yourself into a three points game.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. He was part of the four six club. Damn No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I just squat thought I was. I could bitch four hundred. I could never squat six.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I was part of the three sixth club. Then when I was at when when in Cincinnati three sixth club, you know, when I was a Cincinnati I was still I was.
Speaker 4: I was thin framed, Joe.
Speaker 5: I mean the big the biggest I got in Cincinnaty, probably about about one ninety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could been through fifteen.
Speaker 5: I will work out with the linebacker some time, and I work out with the office of Lineman. When it came to doing the little body work on I think what Fridays did the little body Yeah my Friday, Joe.
Speaker 1: No, I couldn't leg cut. You're supposed to cut legs out on Thursday. You don't do no legs after that. You don't want your legs heavy. Your legs wouldn't be heavy you you did later.
Speaker 4: If I'm not mistaken, I can't remember the schedule.
Speaker 5: If I used to work with the linean Joe, you know I squated by six fifty six seventies.
Speaker 1: Joe, Damn yeah, Joe, yeah, yeah, no lying if if it was noted, he squat six seventy seven hundred, he is he won the strongest man ever.
Speaker 4: On the Strongest Man. I might be one of the strongest men that ever played in the NFL. Yes, nobody either.
Speaker 1: I don't know about is so small, so you never know, man, Listen, Yeah, I do know I look at the legs first of all. Your He'll say, wide enough to hold that kind of weight. You look at guys that squat a lot of weight. But hey, hold on, I got hit like a fat person. What you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Man, Come on, dude, ain't gonna I'm gonna show it to you right now because that's inappropriate.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I might give you. I might give you. I might give you four fifty with the squats a spot. I might give you. I might give you four fifty four seventy five with a single ply or double ply.
Speaker 1: Suit, but just just just with just a mail Yeah, matter of fact, maybe maybe with a suit.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm not sleeping. I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 5: Joe hows I post my videos, you know, doing one twenty one fifties on the Dumbells.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I get back to Miami on Sunday, I'm gonna make sure Monday gym session I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: Legs, which is normally the upper body day.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna make sure I put full seventy five or five hundred on the rack and do one rep.
Speaker 4: So when we get on the.
Speaker 3: Show where you're gonna do it one squad, I do I do, I do too, I do all right, I do twos.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna do no it do no barbell squad, not with no.
Speaker 4: I'm regular squad.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, don't care no herny that man.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Joe. Hey, you be walking around, you need like mine.
Speaker 4: I don't get hurt, Joe. I won't never get hurt Joe.
Speaker 3: So you boom you booby you booby Johnson on Friday night flight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if that said, Joe, I don't goben good to me, especially when it comes to injury.
Speaker 4: Joe, I ain't really have sustain nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, don't get in ah, don't, don't be trying to squat. No, Hey, your squad, your heavy squad days, go in there, do twenty twenty five. Keep your five strong, keep your glues because hey, the more leg most of you have to eat, the longer you it's prove it long you gonna probably live. So take care of your leg, your bottom half. You're gonna be fired. You'll need the squads.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to show you on trying to show you.
Speaker 2: Don't you get up under the machine. I think they got belt squats, they got pendulum squats.
Speaker 1: Uh, they got other squad appleplatices that you don't need to put that bar bell on your damn back. You do dumb bell squats.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to show you that I can do it, that's all. You'll never believe me unless you unless you have visual evidence. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, I ain't gonna believe you did. And y'all got fake weight. We got too many people not doing fake weight.
Speaker 4: Where I gonna get fake weight from?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 1: Michigan beat Alabama. The Wolverines had to boast overall play on the floor. Yet Yaksel linden Board, who did it all tonight? Finishing your three shot? Uh three assists shot for triple double. He had twenty three points twelve rebounds. Michigan was the more efficient than Alabama from three point range, connecting on thirteen or twenty seven attempts.
Speaker 2: Alabama. Hey, Alabama held on this look that could uh feel y'all? JR. LeBaron Fiel y'all did he was? Hey, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Game change. You need guys who can get to get get to that chicken ojoe, who can get to that who got a bag?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: Man we need ive you a score. Yeah, perfectly, we need you to We need you to get some buckets. The rest of us we can do the dirty word. One boat got to come with it. He needed one more guy because Michigan had too many guys. They got thirty three points, they missing twenty, so he needed what he needed another time. You know, they missing twenty points a game, you know. Oh yeah, yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 4: I mean, he hurt.
Speaker 2: Your guy tried to be cross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if they had him, they definitely they probably would have really had a chance.
Speaker 2: They definitely had a chance. Yeah, but I ain't no, I ain't no feel y'all was not that nice. You know. You you see Clinton, you saw I see highlights of him.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Now he could Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a chance to watch Alabama play a few times because they in the SEC, obviously playing against my razor Backs. So they got some guys who can go who you know, and they got some some tough, gritty guys too.
Speaker 2: They got some tough gritty guys, so they they they're pretty good.
Speaker 1: You know, people look at Alabama and people just think Alabama football. But Alabama used to have back what you're talking about I mean you know they had or Wellreewell.
Speaker 4: With Alabama.
Speaker 2: Of them they had with Alabama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that and they had Gerald Wallace I played with before and then that was before your time. They had Bodily hurt. They had Enos Wattley. Oh they had him.
Speaker 2: Guy, they have some dogs and some boy raised down down deep in the South and mac a prid to him getting hurt, and Tonio.
Speaker 1: Mcdie, I'm playing mcdion, I'm talking about you talking about sixteen.
Speaker 2: And can leave the building.
Speaker 3: He was like that old Joe I'm talking about like that headtown. That boy, that boy gonna fly. That boy gonna fly before we hurt that knee. Oh he was he because I was in I was in Denver when he got yeah, yeah, yeah, I was at uh. Brian Steals came there, Lafonse o'della's.
Speaker 1: I was there when Jalen Rose got there, all of them, the Ken Bab mctumble, all of them, Rodney Rogers, melow so so hey, mcdiah's.
Speaker 2: Oh Lord, have mercy man. Before he hurt that knee, he was something to deal with. He want nothing to play with, Yo, Joe. He was like that.
Speaker 3: But Obama has some sad yeah, they normally keep They normally keep some hoopers. So they they basketball team. Really they may not obviously, you know, we know what the football side with the football program does basketball wise, they rarely ever slouches.
Speaker 2: Now they normally keep some some pretty good guys over there. Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 4: I think Alabama football that overshadowed. They so got the.
Speaker 2: It does it does.
Speaker 1: It's just like Michigan football. Michigan has some players, come back, players come out. Don't sleep on Michigan Bathroot. Yeah, Michigan that's a football school.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean people just talk about the Fab five, but a man, when they had Glenn Rice and Meals and all those guys.
Speaker 2: They yeah, now they have some guys. They have some guys, hey speak.
Speaker 1: But the number one seed so far other than Florida advanced, who is Michigan play next?
Speaker 2: Hey? You see you see tenant over? Oh they played Tennessee.
Speaker 3: You see Michigan got a lot of juniors and seniors too are Yeah. Hey, they they got experienced that they that they are banking on. But they got guys playing well. The one thing that I noticed about their bigs man, they can pass. I'm gonna tell y'all something man in today's game. Yeah, you got any young hoopers is out there listening, chat y'all, y'all hear me out man having a great i Q for the game, knowing how to pass, knowing how to play the right way. That'll get you a long way, bro, Michigan got some guys on Dolgi. I'm talking about them back dough passes. When you got them guys playing over aggressive, Yeah, sitting picking rolls for you bigs, and they can play make They take a lot of pressure off your guards for guys who really can't get by the man like that, right, right, right, you know what I mean? You got different ways to get open, to exploit the game and manipulate it in so many different ways when you're big as versatile like that.
Speaker 2: That's why Yoki is so special.
Speaker 1: Man. Look at Yoki. Yeah, oh you see what they have? He you saw now what he had thirty three? Yeah, well thirty three, fourteen to twelve. Yo, Hey, he playing in our face right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know that, right, that man playing in our face.
Speaker 3: Yeah we hey, y'all'll think he don't hear the chatters about who should be MVP.
Speaker 2: He always gonna be in it. But the man is a triple dub for sure. I think you know what it is. Joe, give me a guy that has that.
Speaker 1: Have IQ be a football, basketball, baseball, because a lot of times, oh yo, we played with guys dude robotic. You say, hey, bro, this right ten to twelve. Well, the guys standing right there, you go run behind dumb. Dumb, don't run behind him. The quarterback ain't gonna throw you the damn ball. You run behind the dB, cut in front of him. Man, you know what I saw, bro, Hey, IQ making he boy son. I hate to tell you this, but if dynamite brains.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 5: And Joe, the better the IQ, especially when it comes to the game of football. Obviously, I'm sure basketball is the same way where you can see what's gonna happen before it happens, or knowing what's going to happen actually before it happens, to be two steps ahead of everybody else at times. At times I could I could just speak from me playing receiver.
Speaker 2: Joke.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm always two or three steps ahead of the person in front of me, two and three ahead of the safety because I understand what you have to do and I know where you're gonna be so understanding how to manipulate what's in front of me and give the illusion that I'm doing something that I'm really not gonna do so I can get the spot I need to get to.
Speaker 4: As fans, Hell, I understand it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I think, Yes, I think you may. I think you may even have to have that in basketball more than you do in football, especially if you got the ball and because well, because the floor if things happen with understand floor spacing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I think that's the biggest key, specially the young guys who really don't know how to play the game.
Speaker 3: You know, they don't understand floor spacing and getting deep corner, getting out your man way. You know, you got a guy operating, you're standing right next to him.
Speaker 2: Cut. You know, you have a lot of these kids gotta learned because they're all.
Speaker 3: Growing up with the ball in their hand, and when they don't have it in their hand, they just look like statues out there.
Speaker 2: They don't know what they happen to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know, Uncle Joe, you know what they always say when it comes to sports, the game, especially once you get to the highest level, the game is ninety it's only ten percent physical middle. Because so now it all comes to how much you know up here? How can you see the game and see things before they actually happen, or having a plan if playing they don't go right? How fast can you can you can you reenact what happened with plan B?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Being able to the fly?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's.
Speaker 1: That's what makes me so upset. Ojo is that? And we talk about this all the time. I said, Oh, Joe, he got help to the inside. Why would he get beat outside when he knows he got help inside? If you got help outside, why would you get beat inside?
Speaker 2: That's what kills me.
Speaker 1: You see the guy you see that safety coming down. If you see the safety coming down, what do you think the man on top of your head gonna do? He going inside the safety's coming down because.
Speaker 2: Now he has outside contained? Bro, how you get beat on that man? I ain't what you mean? You didn't know? Did you watch film? They didn't onna film ten times? But every time?
Speaker 1: But kill me your phone right quick. Let me see how many phone numbers you got in the last the last last five days.
Speaker 2: You got that on him? Now?
Speaker 1: But you don't rememb any damn play man, see that, Joe, Joe. That's why I couldn't coach man. It drove me crazy that we go over stuff and they show up on film. They're gonna give you this look. It's just like spags. We already know if fag get you, if if if Fags feel.
Speaker 2: Threatened, he's coming with me.
Speaker 4: You know that is coming.
Speaker 1: Why is it in a situation that we've gone over and over and over and over you.
Speaker 2: At it out. I know I know exactly what you mean. Boy man. You know it's sharp. It ain't okay, It is not okay. Stop telling it ain't Yeah, damn like bro, how and you mean to tell me? So? Let me get this straight.
Speaker 1: You can't remember one damn play but you quickly tell me I got thirteen.
Speaker 2: S A T. I gotta, I gotta, I got a thirty on this a C T.
Speaker 1: I can't tell who took me ten for you? Your sat must have been just shaped? What what if this is a square, a rectangle, a circle? Because I ain't nowhere in hell you can't remember this, but you got a four thirteen, fourteen hundred.
Speaker 2: There sayt shit. That's that's why I just I just don't have the patience. I just I don't. I try.
Speaker 1: I just don't because if I can get it, and I know when I got there, I didn't know nothing. I ain't know nothing about no over, no wonder, I didn't know but no coverage. That ain't no no two. I ain't no no one. I ain't no no six, ain't no quarters, ain't no seven, I ain't no eight, I ain't no nothing. And for me to pick it up and to be able to do flourish, ain't it?
Speaker 2: Lord have mercy? I get mad every time I think about somebody that helped up of coverage.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, Joe, ain't had no choice but to get it. Joe, I had no choice.
Speaker 2: Ain't none of us had a choice.
Speaker 4: Joey I talked to too. I talked too much ship not to get it.
Speaker 2: Joe, Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I had to be on top of the game.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, because if you don't talk people out there game you you talking? You worried about me, You got the flat here, you carried me up the scene? Yeah nothing today, your black hass want to be in the flat?
Speaker 2: Why you worried about me?
Speaker 1: The scene? But you They would rather, they would rather shut you down on your blowing assignment, saying you ain't catching no pasts as opposed you got the flat you got them. Yeah, I just man, I been thinking about stuff. Had Lord have mercy, I said, Lord, you could have. I said, I wouldn't mind Lord if you took a little bit of the talent and gave me more, because.
Speaker 2: He gave me all talent. No patience.
Speaker 4: You know, I can see you.
Speaker 5: I can still see you coaching for some reason, even though a Joe, even though he say I don't have the patience for it, but I understand that what he could do, especially with his structure, discipline, when the plan whatever sport it may be, whether it's football, whether it's basketball. But being that he knows both really well, I can see coach, specially at the highest level.
Speaker 4: You get somebody like that in the building, Man, stop.
Speaker 1: Playing because it's hard, Oh Joe. I mean it's hard to develop this level of discipline if you're not already disciplined. No, that's what you got, That's what that's got. I mean you're like, I mean, it's just like it's obsessive. I mean, it's it's a I don't know, I don't know if I want somebody as disciplined as I was, Joe, because it ain't healthy. And the thing is is that it drives you crazy. Because everything my grandfather had to be right, and so I always try to do everything because there ain't no if he didn't like if you, it wasn't no good job I be. I remember he told me and my brother what he gave us. He gave told me of my brother to watch the truck. He gave us a dollar. No, he gave us two dollars. Gave us like three fifty. I got a dollar because I just watched them. Tis my brother was in charge of watching the truck. The body, dried it out, and do all that other stuff.
Speaker 2: We will go in the house. We run the cows. Papa, Papa. We done. He come out there and look at it. He looked at me. He's being spike and standing side by side. He looked at the truck. He looked at me and spaking. He looked at the truck, He looked at job. He said, uh, anything is better than nothing. But you two fellas real close to I looked. I looked at it.
Speaker 1: I loved with that, though I thought we should have got you. Oh, Joe, I thought we should have got Hey that y'all ain't Hey, you know what I need you? I need my brothers. My sister don't like when we tell the story. But that joke was hard.
Speaker 2: He was hard.
Speaker 1: There was there was there was, There was no excuses. He didn't he didn't tolerate excuses.
Speaker 2: He did not damn either get it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like, and I remember I've been spaking, smaking, he being smaking walking up he late, we're real close.
Speaker 2: To me what he said? So hey, hey, listen what he said? So I could I couldn't. I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: It took a lot because you know, when you have kids, you have to develop a certain I'm talking about patience to agree because like like wet in the bed. They gave you to you about two years old, maybe two and a half. Three, boy, if you was four years old, let alone five six, they teasing, teasing boy, bartiy Porter shut down on your ass? May Porter go shut down on your ass? Oh hey, don't know, like somebody like you know, kids have problem? Uh where they you know, they wet the bed. It's a lot of things like a lot of this stuff like you had, but they beat that, they did all that, you all all those that what kids have now? Time about you know, he got a he got you know, hey listen, hey.
Speaker 4: Joe, Joe. Back in them days, you know it wasn't no ad a d.
Speaker 2: You were just stupid. That's it you you you stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they tell your ass. Guess what they tell your ass up And all of a sudden you're like, damn, I could do this homework so good? Four plus four ain't times for thirty two? Oh, I could do my homework boy with bardiy man. Shut down on your ass.
Speaker 2: I can read like boy, you know, a whipping saw, everything in the.
Speaker 4: Sud everything you got them? Hey you ain't Hey, where am I?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell this story? Were gonna go.
Speaker 1: My granny used to have a saying that like my aunt's would come in the house and uh, you know, they wouldn't speak because my grandfather was bigger that you couldn't walk in this house speak. But you know how they I mean they teenage girls, you know, they might be on this cycle or whatever, and they walk in the house and then and it wouldn't say anything to him. My grandfather said, is there's something on your mind?
Speaker 2: You want to know? No, sir, but.
Speaker 1: Hey, and look at yae. I'm telling you, y'all didn't give my brother boy didn't play that. All that coming in the house and all that sucking your teeth and slamming doors. Now when you walk into the house, it's yes, sir, it's hey, uh, good good morning, good morning, good afternoon, good night.
Speaker 2: Blow ever case. But don't you walk in the man houses? What hey?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 3: When I was in elementary, bro were still still getting paddles. You get paddled, Yeah, we have, we had. I was in high school, you could get paddle. I know when I was in elementary, you can get a paddle. I went it off at one time, Miss Goshen, but she gave me. She hit me three times with that paddle.
Speaker 2: Joke. One time. One time, that's all it took. Three times. She hit me three times with that paddle. Boy, Hey, he never again? Three boy? Did y'all got up live? Man?
Speaker 1: I remember my homeboy told the teacher her breath thako deserved.
Speaker 2: I ain't her brother.
Speaker 5: Hold on hold on now, so he got thirty five lists for the teacher. I know he got something when he got home.
Speaker 2: Nah, they hey, I was I was just surprised. He he he lasted long as school.
Speaker 1: But as long as skip you in the military, you know, skipping and he skipped the military got you.
Speaker 2: No, I mean once you get to a certain age. I was like, I don't really expect.
Speaker 1: I mean if a guy missing fifteen twenty thirty days and the second, third, fourth and fifth grade, as soon as you get big enough, yeah, I mean we rolled, we ride by, they rolling dice. So I like, he ain't they ain't come if you rolling dice and say the thirty in the morning, what's the chance you coming to school?
Speaker 2: Joe, what's the chance on it? Ain't? It ain't none. I got you.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait the boy huss up there it is tennes CP Iowa State seventy six sixty two. The Balls pulled away in the second half because of the superior size, physicality, toughness, as our State seemed to crack without start forward Josh Jefferson, Rick Barnes and the Balls are back to their third consecutive Eligue eight will have a chance to reach the Final four for the first time in team Wow history. Wow, I am happy. For Tennessee SEC Blood another team. Yep, they got some young guys. They got the freshman that Mint who will be a lot of repick this year, Ojo. But the rest of these guys are juniors, seniors, they got to I think they got another freshman or two coming off the bench. But for the most part they got They got the upperclassmen doing the dirty work while the young guys you know, doing all the scoring.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And this was surprising to me. It was surprising because I will led by two guards as a senior. You know, obviously I thought both of them played well. But Tennessee too much.
Speaker 2: Bro. They they brewed, They got some bruises under their basket. Man, they got out. They rebounding. I will stayed by twenty one.
Speaker 1: You get out rebounded by that, you I'm surprised to score one more lopsided to think about it, if you get out rebounded by twenty one.
Speaker 2: They had sixteen offensive reals s the one percent from the field, So I mean, got some good matchups. So I guess it's Michigan and Tennessee this now. Hey, we're here, now, we're here now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you should see you should see who when it comes down to them brackets.
Speaker 4: You know who in first now right?
Speaker 2: Who you got? Who you got? Winning? Oho?
Speaker 4: You know who in first right now right?
Speaker 2: Who he got? Oh yo oh oh.
Speaker 5: First right, y'all making all them joke talk about I'm picking mascots.
Speaker 2: And here you did? You are you did? Listen?
Speaker 5: Listen, listen who is in first right now? And let me tell you gonna win the whole the marsh madness bracket?
Speaker 2: Who gonna win it? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Who gonna win? I was pulling up the red in the beginning. Huh, come on, now.
Speaker 2: Who you picked? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yah, yeah, held on and he still got my feet up. He still got Duke in it. He still got aarons On in it. He got Michigan, but he had Virginia to beat Michigan. His bottom half bracket gone, his busted. The South bracket is busted. But he still got Duke. Uh, he's still He got Duke in Arizona in the championship to play for the national championship. He got Arizona to win it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Arizona looked good. I ain't gonna lie to toe you. I beat which woman? Which woman? To say?
Speaker 3: Joe, But you only picked them because you just looked at a wildcat versus a hog.
Speaker 2: That's what I know. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I ain't got nothing, Joe ain't got nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is men. You don't even know nothing. You don't know nothing about these team.
Speaker 3: You know the mascot, and you're like, that's what I'm going with, and it's it's worked out well for you.
Speaker 2: I ain't hating on you. I'm just saying, yeah, I feel I feel, but I see you know what.
Speaker 1: Next year, I got to take this thing. I gotta put some more time in it. Brother watching basketball, because.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, these boys out here getting down.
Speaker 1: I will take a look almost instead of spending ten minutes, thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Huh. Okay, Okay, I say it's still five minutes five, but that's okay. I will get it