Speaker 1: Celebrity Book Club.
Speaker 2: If I could.
Speaker 1: Turn back time, vac found away, if I can reach the stars, ravac.
Speaker 2: No to you, that man of dads, of man you.
Speaker 1: Say, who's that knocking at the door. It's all your friends. You've filthy horse, your husband's gone, and we've got books and a bottle of wine killed.
Speaker 2: It's Hollywood, it's books, it's gossip.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's memoir. It's Martinis foor celeb Poop Club.
Speaker 2: Read it while it's hot. Celevety poop Club. Tell your secrets.
Speaker 3: We won't talk celebrity books.
Speaker 2: No, boys are a loud celebty book say it loud and pound.
Speaker 1: Celevetly Poop Club.
Speaker 2: Spuzz me in. I brought the queer vow.
Speaker 1: Hey, best friend, how are you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? I'm okay, yeah, thank you me too.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that we're already several weeks into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five? Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: I can share.
Speaker 2: Let's just you guys know it. We're in part two a share right now. I'm just gonna say it. She did a hilarious skit once after the Sunny and Share show ended and she had her solo show called just the Share Show, and she was like, it was the funniest skit ever. It was me Elton, John Bette Mittler, and it was them all doing a skit about being at a senior home in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: It literally takes place in twenty twenty five. Yeah, wait, that's in soon? Is it? Like so robots?
Speaker 2: You know, I haven't she mentioned in the book, I haven't gone on the youtubes and the archives and found it.
Speaker 1: We need to pull that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's like, we were just laughing.
Speaker 1: We were laughing hard.
Speaker 2: We had a time.
Speaker 1: I bet it was like probably just kind of Jetsons and like there's a robot made. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was probably them on like wheelchairs being star like take me to the Bingo area, yeah or something.
Speaker 1: That's what I would do if I were writing that skit today.
Speaker 2: And maybe they had like slim futuristic headbands.
Speaker 1: Ye, star Trek styles, you could see that. Yeah, we were promised flying cars and here we are in twenty twenty five and all we have.
Speaker 2: Is teslas crashing into things.
Speaker 1: And shitty cell phone service. Sorry, why can't I get reception? An elevator? It's twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five and what's the deal with the iPhone updates?
Speaker 1: I will say it. Actually, it's bad, it's horrible.
Speaker 2: Did share you didn't predict that, just like goofy little symbols, didn't.
Speaker 1: Protect yourself, just being on Twitter and like having really bad grandmar and.
Speaker 2: Just being like huskies lost today, singing sun Malibu, just.
Speaker 1: Like a completely random spoken word artist Stuporando.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as we were saying, everything now on the iPhone is like a sharper image digital frame where everything is a pet memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's full shutter fly. You can't find anything in there. They just want you to like live in your memories.
Speaker 2: I know. It's like I don't have to be nostalgic for two days ago, right, it's like you got drinks with Stephen again. You're lucky the paw symbol on like my cat, And I'm always like hoping they're going to reveal something more if it's so futuristic. I'm just being like, like her ancestry, her ancestry or ancestry. They're like, she's actually too possessed Egyptian Mau.
Speaker 1: You're obsessed with wanting her to be Egyptian. Maybe she's not Lily No.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's an Egyptian.
Speaker 1: You have to live with the fact that your cat might just be like extremely domestic.
Speaker 2: She's a domestic long hair. I do believe, I do declare, I do declare domestic hair.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, speaking of othern act sense. So I watched the incredible share film for which she was nominated for any Academy awar day, Silkwood, So that's nice, which is like a tear jerker drama.
Speaker 2: Real factory, Southern Gothic.
Speaker 1: Based on a true story about a whistleblower at a nuclear plant in Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Now the whistleblower is played by the one and only.
Speaker 1: Mary Meryl Street. And wait, have you seen Silquin?
Speaker 2: I guess you remember I sent you a photo of me watching it.
Speaker 1: That didn't come through because of the OS. I only know it because on Will and Grace, Jack wants references, just wanting to have a cozy night in and just watch Silkwood. So, like, since I was twelve, Silkwood has had this kind of valance for me, as this just like gay cozy movie that like obviously involves a woman in some way because silk is like a feminine word. But that was I didn't know anything else about it same.
Speaker 2: I didn't know because I was like, Okay, I've seen Struck a thousand times and it's like one of my favorite movies. So I was like, let me watch another share flick, and she talks about I think in the book we're reading, but maybe.
Speaker 1: No kind of ends right before it's era.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it must have been an interview I saw with her. So because this book basically ends with her feeling like she really wants to act but no one will take her seriously.
Speaker 1: I would argue, okay, let me just say that. So good, but yeah, brilliant Share. She plays a lesbian with a wolf cut with like an eighties mullet wolf cut like Oklahoma style, all.
Speaker 2: Right, and it's like Meryl also has a mullet in it, but like ERR's is like curlier her style. It's like them rolling up in their bustial Honda to like the factory in this opening scene, and they're all in like little single stitch thrash teas and five.
Speaker 1: Oh one ty of ones that are just like kind of high waisted, like falling off, and they're all just like thin because they're like poor, but.
Speaker 2: And like all sleeping in the same crazy.
Speaker 1: Like live in this hillbilly house together, but they love each other having fun. There was like popping shiners, and I love any movie also that shows you, like the fun camaraderie underbelly of a workplace, like Made in Manhattan is kind of one of those.
Speaker 2: For Melkwood. It's like basically when you get to see the locker rooms of let's say made factory or a hotel.
Speaker 1: The locker rooms of a non sports job, to me is always like, oh right, they have lockers too.
Speaker 2: Women and lockers. Yes, women have lockers, but they're not for like jerseys, and it's not like me a ham yes.
Speaker 1: Or something, the ham less women's lockers. I think it's so cool.
Speaker 2: It's actually such a spooky moment. Watch the spooky moment if you realize, like you know, this nuclear waste movie is they come in one kind of the oldest Southern woman is like putting on her wig and she's like, well, my hair is turning green and fallen out, so I wear this wig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like then you start realized they're all being poisoned by blue o meum exposure at this plan. You know, it was the eighties, we didn't know better, but they did know better, and it's so Ambrockovich and that's like, ultimately company is evil, et cetera. And so it becomes this like interesting political drama, but it's also a personal drama and soma and a southern drama and Share being a lesbian and then like when she sleeps with the blonde girl and then she's like, this is Darlene. She's a beautician, introducing her to Mail Streep and her and Kurt Russell are both so freaked out, and then they're like, well, I don't out of mind, out of mind at all way of mine either. Then while we're talking about it, well.
Speaker 2: We let's just stop talking about it if we don't mind.
Speaker 1: They're like freaked out but also being chill about Shares lesbianism.
Speaker 2: It's cool also to see Share play Southern, because she usually plays kind of New York.
Speaker 1: What I think is incredible about that film is and I maybe I haven't seen enough Share films, but she's so good in it. She absolutely deserved the nomination. I don't know who won that year, so I don't want to say she deserved the win, but she definitely deserve the nod. She disappears into this role so deeply, so completely, you don't see like seventies funny comedic share anymore. Like yes, she still has that like sassy share edge where she's dead pan and funny, but like you like fully believe that she is, for Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: A newcomer actress, which any way she was.
Speaker 1: Yes, because she hadn't been famous for acting at all at that point.
Speaker 2: I need you to see Moonstruck, like so desperately.
Speaker 1: Your girlfriend forbade me for watching it without you.
Speaker 2: Right because she was like, you need to come over and watch him Cameron Mannheim style, but you're gonna flipping freak your ass.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: She plays a woman Italian woman in Carol Gardens. Curly hair, dead pan, she's engaged this Italian guy who you can tell she's not in loveless and he's in love with his mother of course, and it's that thing where you realize in the movie she's thirty six and everyone's just being like you're fucking.
Speaker 1: Yea, you're dead.
Speaker 2: You need to marry this man or like go die, And it's about like Italians and Karl Gardens in the eighties, and what happens basically she falls in love with her fiance's brother, who is Nick Cage.
Speaker 1: Who is a baker actually so Hunter Biden honestly.
Speaker 2: Well, no, the brother's sole in life. He's just visiting his dying mother in Sicily. Oh and the brothers don't speak.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's even less loud.
Speaker 2: And Nick Cage is being so hot and like, wife, please her bakery doesn't have an like a hand. He has a fake hand.
Speaker 1: Nick Cage is a fake hand, yes, oh, and that's why she's into him.
Speaker 2: And he's like such a crazy top and has always taken her to the opera and like is so like yeah, and he's like throwing her around and it's crazy and she's been like anyway, she's just being like Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, No, this can't happen, Johnny, and olympiad caucuses in it. The dad from Fraser is in it. It's just she transferms so much because you're like Schaer, you're known as being the most like glamorous, like right us jock babest woman and she's just like playing this like you know when you pass a woman in New York who's so beautiful but you know probably has a lot of demons, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I usually don't see women as wide around.
Speaker 2: I know, you know, they don't smell, you don't see them, so they're registered for me. If you were to open your eyes for once and you saw a woman walking with a few bags, maybe she's a single woman, and I already.
Speaker 1: Like something is troubling her. Once. I remember having this feeling on the train once to Massay from party.
Speaker 2: It was the first time you saw woman.
Speaker 1: The first time I saw a wman. I was seated across from her, and I just could tell by her dress she was obviously rich, middle age. She was troubled, and I knew. I was like, I bet she's getting off in pros. She did, and I was like, she's probably going to like her husband's house, and like she's like wanting to divorce but can't but can't right now because she's too accustomed to the lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Right. They can care for each other, but she's not in love.
Speaker 1: I love, and that's why they're like separate, and they're both like using asma ones not there in Paris and acts. And I was just like I could just read it all on her face. But she was caught very beautiful, very classy.
Speaker 2: Shares such an amazing actress, and it's I think I saw Moonstruck at a very young age my parents, And of course I had known, like you know, knew if I could turn back to him the songs. But I think I really maybe saw her as a gay icon in kind of culture, but knew her as like a serious actress, and for so long her career and especially covered in this book, no one considers her a serious actress. And she said this thing about Silkwood. She went with a few of her girlfriends to go to a theater in LA when it came out, and she said, when the credits started rolling, you know, Meryl Street, people applauded, Kurt Russell applauded. When the name Cher came on, people just started laughing in the movie theater, and she was kind of just in the back there to see the public perception because people were like, Share the woman on the Sunny and Share show who sings gypsies, tramps and thieves. She wants to be a nuclear way like exposed.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, George Bush her movie Wait, but they started laughing after the credits at the end of the movie, opening credits, opening credits, right, and then she proved them all wrong. Yes, by disappearing to the rousso completely. Okay. So I would argue Chare has three acts to her career. The first act is her music crews Honey and Cher that I think I would also break into two different pieces because there's the music part and then they become TV comedians. Yes, because the music part starts to like not be as popular like during the war, and their politics were not really along with the like more hippie music that's popular. But then her second act is basically when this book ends, which is the eighties, like her Oscar winning movie career, and then her music revival career.
Speaker 2: Of which is I would say a little more.
Speaker 1: Maybe the peak of her music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I could turn back time, kind of more stadium, not slow rock, but it's like it's a hard rock visual. When I say like hard rock, like truly hard rock cafe, like I'm talking leather jackets, it's teased hair.
Speaker 1: It's like nod in metal, power rock.
Speaker 2: Can we Yeah, it's a power stadium kind of.
Speaker 1: Operatic, yes, and then she's in this phase until the phase that I kind of knew her as, which is like in the late nineties she becomes this gay icon. Okay, can get out of my head and then she becomes this like drag queen gay icon that like everyone loves and they're just like, oh, Share, You're like so ageless and like plastic surgery and like coming out with full club bangers that like, right, this is when she Believe, like the number one song in nineteen y yate in the country like for the year, right, And that's.
Speaker 2: Really how we like, Yes, maybe like I was watching Minster, but it's like Believe came out. We were like, this is Share. And then at that same time was Will and Grace and Jack being obsessed with Share and being like, right, gay guys love Share.
Speaker 1: And I didn't get into her music, and like Madonna, obviously it was obsessed with her music when I started being gay at age twelve, but I like Share. I I didn't really know I, but like then I put into the club music. I was like, oh, this is fun, Like we're dancing to this, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Believe was being played on Kiss one O eight, like I was rocking out to Believe. And then I think, like in high school, when I started like discovering records, I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna buy this dollar Share record Gypsy Trampsynthie's and get into like the seventy stuff and it seems so kind of novelty.
Speaker 1: Right because you were lying along with I was like, she's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: She's ridiculous, she's on a horse. Yeah, And I just want to clear up something that I have to say personally. This summer, I said to a group of friends. They asked me what's more important to you? Share? Drama, slash, gossip first, oysters? Rank them an order of what's most important to you? And I said number one, share right, number two, drama, number three, oysters.
Speaker 1: Liar.
Speaker 2: Everyone on this lesbian vacation called me a fucking liar, and they're like, Lily, you love gossip, you love oysters? Like why are you trying to pretend that you love share?
Speaker 1: And I don't doubt that you appreciate Share, But even to this day, after we read this four hundred page book and like are boning up on our share trivia, I would still say that gossip and oysters are more important to you than Share.
Speaker 2: I guess I just want to say, on a daily basis, at nineteen, who is I for Halloween? Share? What's a movie I watch? Over your Moonstone.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, I mean evidence is piling up.
Speaker 2: I see you mean I do think in general, probably drama and gossip, Like what do we doing this podcast?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Gossip? Probably that is number one. Honestly, I love oysters, but oysters to me sometimes can feel so dollar oysters in importance, Like yes, maybe I'm having oysters more than I take.
Speaker 1: It's almost I'm a show luxury and the stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, and I'm like in importance of life and culture. I respect shares so much, but I can see how everyone form your own opinion and post.
Speaker 1: I guess the thing about the original question, it's kind of like what could you not live without? And if you had to go a month without share or a month without oysters, and let's make it hard. Okay, the month of July.
Speaker 2: Right where it's like you all of July without oysters.
Speaker 1: Because I think you could probably make a month without share.
Speaker 2: I have to go July without Share, Like I start pressing believe and then I get zapped with a dog collar. Right, it's not July, and I'm trying to cozy up and watch Silkwood.
Speaker 1: A silk July is not for silkwood.
Speaker 2: So you're probably right, there, like I'll call myself.
Speaker 4: In like literally maybe what seasonal it seasonal effective share disorder, celet. I want to read a quote here, you know, now that we've talked about her films and basically kind of the last line of the book spoiler alert, not really where she's already friends with Frances for Copla because she's sow in the Hollywood scene and like cher is like not a activist, but she's kind of like she likes to be a Hollywood dem and I think she still is, and she's very like, you know, we were friends with Francis for Coppola, and we loved that Marlon Brando didn't show up to the Oscars and sent like a woman from this tribe to like accept.
Speaker 2: His awards of protest. Yes, but she was, and of course we said, like a full Jimmy Hendrix, like Woods dot Genis Choplin, like lighting herself on fire in the street.
Speaker 1: No, never saw him.
Speaker 2: Later anyway, she was like, Frances, can we talk? He just went for The Godfather. Sitting together in my dressing room at Caesar's Palace, Frances and I reminisced. He told me how much he'd enjoyed my show and then, after Breese pause, added why aren't you making movies? I almost burst into tears and thought, how were you seeing something in me that no one else does? Instead, I told him about the rejections that had been for being too old, too ethnic, too tall, too type cast. I was Share of Sonny, and Share made a punchline from my complicated personal life. I explained how producers and directors insisted could only ever do TV comedy, never anything serious or real. Frances was sympathetic, but added the problem is that until you do something, nobody will believe you can. If you're really serious about acting, Share, then stop fucking around and go to New York. And that's how the book ends chills any one, Yeah, to New York City.
Speaker 1: Wait for part two in two years.
Speaker 2: It's just funny because I feel like people that you want to be a movie star moved to LA but he's seriously Broadway, honey, New York or meet with the screenwriters, the intellectuals, you know.
Speaker 1: And that was because she had really cut her teeth in the TV comedy world and become a real star. And of course the thing is she's so good in television. So I was staying earlier. The first act of a career was kind of sunny and Share mooties, So they were singing together that kind of like doesn't totally work out for them, and they they real they need to pivot, and so the kind of part B of her Act one is their TV show and this is what really like I Got You Babe has already come out at that point, that infamous song that you guys probably know, Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: Her and Sonny's first ever big hit that put them on the freaking map.
Speaker 1: Well is kind of their biggest ya think Sonny and chare. But then they get this TV show and they're having this like dead pan comedy routine. So they have this whole little like kind of like classic I mean, it's not borsched Belt.
Speaker 2: But it's like not be but it's definitely like my wife type of.
Speaker 1: It's sassy goes. Sonny would say something about himself, like making fun of how he dressed in the sixties.
Speaker 2: I did look a little weird and stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reply, what's your excuse? Now?
Speaker 2: Hey, Share, do you remember when kids used to try to rip my clothes off and scream?
Speaker 1: Now they've screamed after you ripped her clothes off? I'd snap timing was everything.
Speaker 2: Christmas was really nice this year. My mom cooked and she really knows how to stuff a turkey, doesn't.
Speaker 1: She Yeah, straight into her mouth.
Speaker 2: Sonny was the perfect foil and first straight man. He could be hysterical on stage. So it's this kind of like it's a little new because usually the wife isn't so dead pan. Yeah, And it's him being like I love my mom and she makes food and her just being like, yeah, your mom's a fat pig.
Speaker 1: But it's also it is kind of Lucy and Ricky.
Speaker 2: Well Lucy and Ricky is more like Lucy is like I'm crazy, and he's like.
Speaker 1: Oh, Lucy, okay, yeah, I guess she's not like cucking him so hard. And then she says she's always making jokes about his height, and it's like he's the butt of a lot of the jokes, and like it's about her star power kind of anchoring it and all coming back to her. You know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's honestly Lea Remini and Kevin James. It's Queen. Yes, it's like saussy dead pan wife.
Speaker 1: Yes, hot wife being like, oh you're so short, Like.
Speaker 2: She's right, Like no one wants to see your ass.
Speaker 1: Like the joke where he's like, hey, do you believe in reincarnation? She's like, yeah, could you come back shorter next time? Or no, come back taller next time?
Speaker 2: Be the joke and it's funny. So they have this like crazy breakup that we've like talked about, and then they restart the show together and Chaer describes as like their humor is totally different, and she's like, yeah, we ditch the mother in law stuff. It was just fucking real, but.
Speaker 1: Still be basically like HiPE jokes. It's still the same. I do feel like Kelly Rippet and Mark Consuelo's like wish they were the Sonny and Sheriff today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the problem with them is she's like too horny for him. She's laughing too hard. It's him being like, uh oh, remember what we did last night and her being like shut up, Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's like too excited.
Speaker 2: She should just be like, no one wants to hear about what you did in bed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like she should be like more pretending to be disgusted and like the most she can do. It was just being like, can we not talk about your snoring last night? And you're kind of like, oh no, he's snoring.
Speaker 2: Just like a fake headline. That's like Kelly and Mark talk about the time their kids walked.
Speaker 1: In on them making whoopee, and it's just like how many times can we leak this story to the post, Kelly?
Speaker 2: So I want to jump to when Cher basically finds out though the contract that Sonny had her.
Speaker 1: In was full bullshit and he basically owned her, and she realizes that when they're like wanting to they wanted the show, but like they're breaking up.
Speaker 2: And he's like dating his assistant who.
Speaker 1: By the way, and he's been two timing her now for years and like she's like never stept out on him once except for that one guy Bill.
Speaker 2: Right, And then she finally they like break up for real and she starts dating David Geffen, which we're gonna get into after this, but let's just do the contract.
Speaker 1: Which is basically her like transitional face to becoming a gay dating a gay guy.
Speaker 2: Which is kind of like this crazy challenge for like a pop star woman. It's like, if you want to become the star the gay icons, you must state one gay man first, Yeah, and you have to like and there's like fire everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's actually true. It's like eighth Circle of Hell, Like you have to date a gay man.
Speaker 2: Who becomes like super efully powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like because I feel like that's kind of Britney Spears's last boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Sam whatever washboard apps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you must pass the tests. You must pass the.
Speaker 2: Test and like spend time with this deranged man and.
Speaker 1: Like, you know what sucks for Terry Hatcher is she dated Ryan Seacrest. She didn't get it, she didn't get her gay icon status. She should have been bequeathed. She was promised she was.
Speaker 2: That's also so like Ninja movie, where it's being like you took one wrong step, now you will fall into the ninth lay of the grove. So David kind of looks over her contract. David asked me about my contract and how I got paid. I told him I didn't know because I never read it. It's about time you did, he replied, And somehow he got his hands in the document. I'm not sure how. He called me up after reading it and said, sweetheart, this contract is involuntary servitude. You work for Sonny. You have no rights, no vote, no money, nothing. You're an employee of something called Share Enterprises, with a salary you were likely never paid, and three weeks vacation per year. He owns a ninety five percent of the company and the rest belongs to his lawyer, Erwin Spiegel. It turns out what Erwin had gotten for getting rid of Joe d Wait a minute, I cried, this can't be right. Share I'm right, I promise you. I'm sorry, sweetheart.
Speaker 1: It's very brittany.
Speaker 2: Yeah, conservatship. By the way, she said she did sign on to it because she thought Share Enterprises was a really cool name, which was like, yeah, fuck it is. Someone was like, you're the head of Share Enterprises. I'd be like, absolutely, okay, I'll be in deadsured.
Speaker 1: Service, I'll share prizes go to three fourteen. When you confronts him, it feels like a Tarantina movie. It feels like Jackie Brown kind.
Speaker 3: Of flying on fumes. I couldn't face something at home, so I asked for a meeting in his office. I walked in, sat down, lit a cigarette and stared at his face. Son I love hershikosm son.
Speaker 1: Son. I've had someone look over my contract and it says I'm your employee that can't be right, can it? How can I be employee? I'm your partner, your wife. We created this whole thing together. Noither of us had anything when we met. So tell me they're wrong. Staring at me and lighting one of his stupid cigars, he didn't say a word. I want half my money's son, I'm only asking for what's fair. I worked my entire life from being a teenager to now, and I'd made nothing. I wonder what I'd earn. But his eyes were cold to me. There was none of the sparkle i'd once seen. You have to tear up that fucking contract, Sonny, and draw up a new one, ansist that I have to be your partner fifty to fifty. To my surprise, Sonny shook his head and without emotion.
Speaker 2: Said I'm not doing that, Chare.
Speaker 1: I was genuinely shocked by his response. Reasoning with me in a way that sounded almost rehearsed, he told me I didn't know what I was talking about, and asked who was advising me. I knew I had to fight for my rights. I had a daughter to raise, and a sister and a mother to worry about. You don't know a way to give me half the money and redo the contract. Sonny, I won't sign for another year with CBS. I won't do anything with you. I can't be working for nothing. Son Is shrugged.
Speaker 2: You'll get sued.
Speaker 1: I don't care well.
Speaker 2: CBS will renew any day, So let's see what you do then.
Speaker 1: I mean it, son I told him, standing up and stubbing out my cigarette. I only want what's fae.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, period Curia, And you can imagine that office. He's probably smoking a cigar, which she points to the moment he.
Speaker 1: Had like turned when he starts being so cigar and yeah.
Speaker 2: And then he starts hanging out with someone named Joe D. And she's always like that was Sonny's capo Basstone.
Speaker 1: It's funny because she's so cigarette but like, I mean, honestly, cigars are kind of gross and they get so wet.
Speaker 2: It's wet and else you're supposed to like smoke it all day and then put it out and then relight it.
Speaker 1: Right, you're just kind of like eating it, but you're not like smoking.
Speaker 2: You know, in hail, you just taste the smoke. It's random and it's like we went to the you took me to cigar bar for my birthday once and it was fab but I think we all agreed, like.
Speaker 1: You're kind of like, okay, fantasy check.
Speaker 2: This weird.
Speaker 1: Well, I love in Silkwood. They're all smoking around the clock. They're all chained smoking, and they're just like their plane and she's just like sifting through so much platonium but just like cigarette in hand. That's how it was.
Speaker 2: That's how it was back then. Baby.
Speaker 1: So then she does not renew with the culture or CBS, but then they gave her her own show that they put up against Sunny like in the time.
Speaker 2: Of Crazy, and she's like so nervous, but she just like does it. Yeah, it's so beautiful. Okay, should we talk We should talk about David Geffen, okay a little or Chas.
Speaker 1: I'm like gay storyline talk about Let's just.
Speaker 2: Talk a little bit about her children, okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: So Chaer has a trans son who in this book is still her not even lesbian yet daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so she says, at the beginning of the book, I referred to Chaz as Chass and you're kind of like, okay, and she's like, and Chaz gave me permission to refer to him as her chas, so do.
Speaker 1: You even say Chess is.
Speaker 2: Probably Chess son Chess. I think the people who made drag Race made a documentary about Chaz, like in the early two thousands, Oh, the folks from drag Race, folks from drag Race and Wonder World Productions, because like, Chazz and shered a pretty like horrible relationship after Chazz came out as trans because I Shared didn't accept him and everyone was like, but she's a gay icon. But it's like, well, she's still just like kind of like a boomer like and the documentary is so so many close up photos of Chaz petting his two sphinxes and the walking around to his home.
Speaker 1: But like then, and why do people with sphinxes always have two?
Speaker 2: I know sphinx.
Speaker 1: Sold they need to like to be in.
Speaker 2: Sweaters stuff no thank you, and I love most breaths.
Speaker 1: They're always freaky, but is that do we project that onto them?
Speaker 2: They're creepy?
Speaker 1: They are creepy.
Speaker 2: Way, I think like Share did come around and then they had a good relationship, but currently they are not speaking because Chaer tried to get a conservatorship over her son with Greg Allman because he is an on and off heroin.
Speaker 1: Adut, and Chaz doesn't support the conservatorship of.
Speaker 2: It all, yeah, and thinks that.
Speaker 1: Like even though his stepbrother is an addict.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he thinks like share shouldn't be the conservatorship and that like his wife should.
Speaker 1: Be like the heroin AT's wife, Yeah, should just be help. Obviously she's an enabler.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure there is two sides to the story.
Speaker 1: There's two sides to every story.
Speaker 2: And it's just because it's like Greg Alman was a heroin Autut, who is her second husband from the Alman brothers. And it's crazy, but you know, Cher.
Speaker 1: Has avoided all addiction. I mean she never really gets that into anything.
Speaker 2: And she was trying to help him, you know, kick it, but you can't help it. And but she was being so like he always had long sleeves on, and she's like, but we were still making love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's looking the other way a little bit, and I mean, you know, I wonder if that goes back to also like her growing up. You know, she talks about the domestic violence in her childhood, her mother getting beat up by like various stepfathers and kind.
Speaker 2: Of just her first father being a hero and autut and her.
Speaker 1: Kind of just accepting that is kind of the way it was, and like, you know, her mom just having to kind of retreat into marriage after marriage because that was the only option for women. And she was like yeah, and then my daddy like did choke her once, but like that's my daddy. I still love him.
Speaker 2: And I think it's this thing with Share and her children. You know, we're probably getting these snippets, but it's like, yeah, even though obviously Chaer loves her children, I don't doubt that, but it's like.
Speaker 1: She's share, she's share.
Speaker 2: Maybe of course her kids are like a mama's chair.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, if your mom is share, like sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, it's like she's gonna be around them and share.
Speaker 1: Because it's interesting how Sunny has a daughter. When they first meet and you kind of like never hear about the daughter.
Speaker 2: Ever, No, and she's like, Chas and the daughter got along.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, where's this daughter? Like she mentioned that, she's like I'll think son was a great dad and then you're like, but I've never seen him do any dad stuff ever.
Speaker 2: And she's always been like I didn't want to leave Chess, but obviously it's always going to like Hawaii and Malibu and on so many trips, like leaving the kids. But there's just also a hilarious paragraph in here about Chess that I want to read. The fun and games continued for Chess's seventh birthday party that March, which was a blast. As always, She'd ask for a monster theme, so everyone dressed up and screened young Frankenstein. Chas was in love with Gene Wilder, who starred in the film. Well, in her mind, she was in love with Willy Wonka, which was the first role she'd seen him in during the Willy Wonka phase. Years before. I'd seen Jeane at a Patissa ree in Beverly Hills with Terry Garr, who was going with him at the time.
Speaker 1: They were going to they were going together.
Speaker 2: When Chess walked in with Dave a few months later, Jeane went up and said hi to her. When she realized who he was, she just looked up in his face and stared. She didn't even move. He leaned down and kissed her cheek and they walked out the door together. We didn't see them for twenty minutes. They just went around Beverly Hills together. She was so entranced, I think she would have walked with him to Egypt for her monster themed party. Chras stretched up as a boy, as she often liked to do, and I noticed for the first time that day that she'd also developed Sonny's long lumbering.
Speaker 1: Walk lumbering down seeing also.
Speaker 2: Lumbering down sunset, Terry Gor and I were wondering, what was my daughter lumbering down sunset?
Speaker 1: Was that big old lesbian seven year old? Okay, now here's the theory I have. Do you remember when she's pregnant with Chas and Sonny really wants a boy, and right when she's going to the hospital, he goes, remember, chare I want a boy? He told me, laughing all the way. But I'm like, did Sonny actually will Chas to be trans in you to row?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it was his intense desire for a male heir that implanted into the womb, turn back time, turned back in the fetus and then, obviously like her wanting to like please dad or she was like, oh wait, I mean, let me become the boy you always wanted.
Speaker 2: Me becomes Chaz of today?
Speaker 1: Wait? And then does Chaz go Chazz before after Sunny's death. It's a good question, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean remember reading in the years that of like Chaz coming out as trans that was like Chaz and Sunny, I think always did have a closer relationship than Chaz and Share because it's also like probably Share. It's like, you know, the classic mom who's like, I'm a liberal mom, but I'm heartbroken that, like my little girl is gone, I can't dress you up. Also and like Swede, yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe never that thin is that also part of the yeah, is like insanely thin and like thin, right, and like even though she's not saying that she's like antibody image, she is, yes, And I think that's part of it.
Speaker 2: So I'm honestly very confused by the current case of the conservatship. And it's like that's so classical. Do every you know, Judy Garland, Liza and Nelly Mommy dearis like there's just all if you're such a gay.
Speaker 1: Ie seen as Madonna doesn't seem to have a tempastuous relationship with Lola, I think she does with Lords, yeah, because I heard what did you hear?
Speaker 2: I heard that this summer someone I knew was with La La at the Madonna concert. Uh huh, and brought the friend backstage, but was like, I'm not talking to my mom right now.
Speaker 1: That doesn't seem conservatorship level drops literally backstage at her, I'm not talking to my mom right just.
Speaker 2: More classically being like fuck that bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ohka wait, there's so many more things we need to cover. Tina Turner asking for cover up for her, like bruises from Ike, like backstage that was so sad.
Speaker 2: And she was like Ike was so scary, and she was like and Tina had such a power, but like was bruised. We all talked about Aspen. Okay, everyone turned her pages to three forty one.
Speaker 1: Evandy's was different than it is now. It was a real town. The people who worked there could actually afford to live there. It was all independent stores, no chains.
Speaker 2: There was a great place called Poppy Cocks where you could buy crapes. A Tom's Market actually run by a man named Tom, a shop that sold the best hat truncolate in the world. There was an opera house, an old hotel, a toy store, a restaurant that had been in the Ute City bank.
Speaker 1: It's full small business nostalgia, and she's just being like when the store called Old Toms is actually owned by a guy named Tom.
Speaker 2: But it's also already gentrifried in this way where it's like a restaurant in a bank, so it's already fallen west. And she's like, you could bum around town.
Speaker 1: You think the most ungentriferent neighborhood has no bank people to be on bank.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying it's still a bank, not a restaurant inside of an old bank.
Speaker 1: Oh, a restaurant that had been the bank. Oh, that is the most restification thing ever.
Speaker 2: That's like that restaurant.
Speaker 1: The fact that it's not a bank is actually what makes it so jazzy.
Speaker 2: Right, And she's walking around and of course now it's so housewives.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I wish I could go to the old places. You know, we're experiencing the same thing on Nantucket as you know, where it's like she has to be a bummed out. It literally like no one said it was ever poor, but it did used to be like more of an artist's colony and more kookie and and more small businesses and less just like only Hildebrand friends renting a house for two thousands. I think it went through two changes four thousand.
Speaker 2: It was like Hippie's Nude Beach. Then it went through like our parents generation of being like old money, like yuppie, and now it's funny. Is like all the boomers are feeling like they're being gentrified by the pan Asian fusion.
Speaker 1: Well, they love the pan Asian fusion, but they don't love all the thirty one year old bachelorettes at.
Speaker 2: The pan Asian fusion. Yeah, it's a hard life.
Speaker 1: My mom loves potstickers.
Speaker 2: Let's she was spicy Mayo. Okay, here's the thing. Her and David Geffen, she just like lived at the house and Joni Mitchell's the like recording like her first album. While she was like sleeping with Day, she said this with David was good. She was like, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: This part I just found. I don't know, I just I got weird. It just made me tingly and freaked out. I didn't like it. It was hebgb's for me.
Speaker 2: I think, as we said in our part one, Sonny didn't like to kiss. No.
Speaker 1: I mean the thing is, yeah, the bar was on the floor for sure.
Speaker 2: And he's cheating on her. So like David Geffen like probably praising her body right and just being like, girl looks so fab Like, girl, can I under your bob Mackie like tall.
Speaker 1: Fist your pussy's tea.
Speaker 2: He tastes really good tastes like sushi.
Speaker 1: Have you been to Nobu? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: David was an early roser and went to bed much sooner than I did. I'd stay untilly, fell asleep and get up and head home. So she's still being so like.
Speaker 2: We speaking of actually getting out. She dates Gene Simmons, just funny because we've done his wife's book. Yeah, and she was like he was actually sober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was like boring, boring, move on.
Speaker 2: And then it's like she has this really torrid marriage with Greg Alman and like goes to the South and like eats BBQ with him, and then he divorces her nine days after their wedding. Very machine gun Kelly and.
Speaker 1: Kind of figured Greg Alman or Sonny. I think Sonny signing to me seems like.
Speaker 2: He's kind of packing packing mustache.
Speaker 1: But then I'm just like, yeah, I am just like falling for the mustache because he is shorter, so it's actually like a kind of like a big boy.
Speaker 2: I just think he's using so much heroin, so I'm also seeing it is very limp heroin.
Speaker 1: I actually feel like it's fine.
Speaker 2: But in the book she was like, they said, if you're doing hair and you're not having sex, and that wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: Right, they were having sex. So I guess he is.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's just like ultimate, like Indie Rocker, like he's.
Speaker 1: Like John Voight. I don't know the faces. It's a tough read for me. Have you seen The Banger Sisters? Correct, I'll say this. I think it curves and that's all I say. I have seen the Banger Sisters. The polaroids of all Yeah, if you haven't seen.
Speaker 2: The Banger Sisters, there's a scene where Susan Sarandon and Goldie Han look at polaroids of all the dicks and they're like, oh my god, it's Jimmy Page. Did it really look like that? To bury this book, Sinatra doesn't like light filtering into his concerts. He said, the tidbits here and get we're wrapping up here. But I just saw that in my notes. She's like Sinatra didn't let a little bit of light into his theaters.
Speaker 1: Princess Margaret is drunk that one time she meets her, which seems like that's like everyone's story about her is that she's wasted in a bitch.
Speaker 2: Catherine Hepburn makes share by her house because she's just like, it's a fabulous house, darling, and you must have it.
Speaker 1: And she'd already bought like another house that she'd rented, and she was just kind of like following her real estate. Well.
Speaker 2: Interesting thing also about the share feminism. When she had her solo share show, all the censors went off because they were like, everything you're wearing is too risque. But when she was on her married show, that same stuff was fine, but they flagged it yes when she was a solo sock.
Speaker 1: Right, because like marriage helps kind of like deslotify you, so like you're allowed to show more skin because they're like, oh, well, she's only sharing it with her husband and the audience.
Speaker 2: He's there to protect her.
Speaker 1: She loves ferraris Wait she I don't remember that part.
Speaker 2: She has a ferrari and she gets mad at one of her best friend, Paulette. She just has these two pages, but she's like, I was really pissed at Paulette because the gas was low and she said, I'll fill it up share. Then I'm driving my Ferrari the next day and she still hadn't filled up my guest tang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of those interesting things that I'm glad that's in there. Although maybe if I were her editor at HarperCollins or whatever, I might have been like, do we need this? Do we need this? Could we get this down to maybe three fifty from four hundred page page about gas? But it is one of those revelations a little bit that's kind of like you get to see that, like obviously she is more of like a bitch Nandiva than she might let her on in her own memoirs.
Speaker 2: Holding holding on to some things, yes, some graduates memories.
Speaker 1: Some issues childhood and elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh, just one more thing about David Geffen. After they break up, he goes on like a silent retreat and obviously he's so budden, so retreat and he was so like fuck you after she dumped him with so angry gay guy, like how dare you? Like, don't even talk to me if you see him on the street. And he comes back and he's like, I went to the most amazing retreat. Four days of silence, three days of yoga, one day of swimming ayahuasca Mi.
Speaker 1: So, I wonder if she's gonna reveal when she finds out he's gay.
Speaker 2: In part two, I was driving my Ferrari down Losienaga and I saw him with a little boa thing. So, David Geffen, is that your son? He said, no, it's my boyfriend. So homosexual, maund what you.
Speaker 1: Want to do your own time is interesting. She never references any lesbianic experiences for herself. No, that's how you say it so convincingly in silk Wood and she plays the top.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's in part two, like touches on aids a little bit in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I would love to see, like what did her Angelica Houston get up to. And while Jack Nicholson was like passed out in the other room.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought she was a babe.
Speaker 1: I don't swing that way, but if you want to, that's cool.
Speaker 2: You can look at my bone naturals.
Speaker 1: They're like not big. Okay. Another thing i've her being like so into like basically this kind of like boomer gentrification aesthetic as a way of making a feel better. Sonny took me to the seaside town of Salsolito for the day. I always wanted to go to that pretty town right on the water, and we had one of the best days of our lives there. It was foggy and atmospheric with little artists in stores. We ate pizza in a pizza parla and literally skipped up and down the street together making waves in the fog like a couple of kids.
Speaker 2: She's literally like, we had Detroit style pizza for lunch. Follow me and Sonny as we go to Salcledox.
Speaker 1: And she's like, the best time my life was looking at artisan stores.
Speaker 2: It's like we grabbed and checked out some shops. I bought this really cute ceramic fause. Then we headed down to downtown salce Alito, where we got wine at this really cute place. Then we had up to the mountaintop of Salsledo for dinner.
Speaker 1: Make sure to take your polaroid with the old fog lady. You won't regret it. Gypsies, tramps and segments. What does she.
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Do we do segments last time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But we did for share then and I think we should do modern share now? Share now share what we're calling share now? What does she eat? I think now more than ever. It's like vegan salcolito.
Speaker 1: Okay, chefs, you don't think she's actually so rfk and being like bison and milk.
Speaker 2: Had a beautiful bison bowl with Pharaoh and bison and raw on pastor's milk.
Speaker 1: But maybe she is vegetarian. She's keeping it tight because she's not being so like I'm doing gains and like mysels.
Speaker 2: I could see her having a heavy lifting regimen though, oh, because now it's all about like women over fifty.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I feel like her gym is very like in a like a chapel, like on her property.
Speaker 2: The benches are like pews. Yeah, walk down to the chapel.
Speaker 1: From a morning workout.
Speaker 2: It's like a temple of sorts. And I think, oh, right, she's fully dating like a thirty year.
Speaker 1: Old now, yeah, she has just like this just like absolute like twenty nine year old and he's like a stylist or a rapper or like a singer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's like I love yeah, And it's.
Speaker 1: Like, well, whatever you want to call at sweetheart.
Speaker 2: And as we know from the Rob Low book, what do we know from the Rob Low they slept together. They slept naked in bed together, when he was like fourteen, he was like, I went over to my friend's parents' house chair yes, and she was like babysitting him, yes, and they slept.
Speaker 1: She doesn't include that in her book.
Speaker 2: Well, let's post nineteen eighty, which this book ends in. Okay, right, she gets into her cougar era. She's in her seventies rocker dating era because.
Speaker 1: When she's fourteen she gets cut off by Warren Baby and then they go and sleep together at his poolhouse. And now when rob Low is fourteen, she's being like strip Baby, strip Baby. She's cutting him off in her like nineteen eighties to dance and it's.
Speaker 2: So like saxophone. She's taking off a silk robe. Don't be afraid to look.
Speaker 1: I think she's so artisan stories. So she probably does have like a beautiful like Chinese like Christenberry tea that's like very rare.
Speaker 2: Her tea collection probably out of control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's probably a whole wing wing of.
Speaker 2: Teas chairs that are so interestingly to me.
Speaker 1: She's like kind of like Louisk Tours, Like there's like some real antique gorgeous like cherry wood auction boots, auction down boots furniture and like heavier maires and there's like gold leaf. It's like kind of barbetiation. It's kind of Turner, right.
Speaker 2: But I think there's still like kind of rams that are harkened back to her old school Aspen days.
Speaker 1: And she's not Wade, but she's not aga stuff. No, she actually might even be induction.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think she has a gas range.
Speaker 1: But you don't think that like she was conduc.
Speaker 2: She makes a special sauce.
Speaker 1: The thing is she's so like fuck the Orange Man now and like and I do feel like moms are heard about in Duck and they're like be coming off for it.
Speaker 2: I just don't see her.
Speaker 1: The gas to me is so her right because it's so expressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a big gas. I think she's maybe like I'm with you in I could see her being like Melee Grill.
Speaker 1: Do you think she's making her twink boyfriend like some like ye, I think midnight snacks. She's like, I'm making your banana pudding, baby.
Speaker 2: I think she's like sesame broccoli Charred.
Speaker 1: He's like, yes, Mommy.
Speaker 2: Time like Charred Broccolini, Farmer's Mark. It's California.
Speaker 1: It's off.
Speaker 2: She's chilled off a cup of soup. It's her favorite soup.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like she tofu.
Speaker 1: She's having her cheft do like a Mark butman of super recipe and they're both sipping up, being like m and she's walking over to the double door friend and be like what do we got and like her assistant has like something labeled.
Speaker 2: It's kind of Diane Keene and Jack Nicholson. Something's gonna give where the pancakes happened once a year? What if I made pancakes?
Speaker 1: Baby? She's making a mess baby, And then like the staffs cleaning up tomorrow and she's like, oops, that's share for you. Okay, wait, how does she live? It's like we discussed this a Jim Chappel.
Speaker 2: I think is like driftwood, but it could also be Louis fourteenth.
Speaker 1: It's like one massive piece of driftwood and wins. I think it's more of a four.
Speaker 2: Poster okay, four huge four poster, so many sheets and pillows, like you can't even find her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wants to feel small.
Speaker 2: And I think she sleeps in a bag of moisturizer.
Speaker 1: She has to legally, legally.
Speaker 2: And she must have one of those like red light kendle like tombs. Do you think she has a tomb?
Speaker 1: I don't know if she has a tomb, or like, does she have like a finished sauna. I think she might have like a rock outdoor sauna, like a stone sauna outdoor salt water, Yeah, like a saltwater tappy sauna outside that's like a little bit more redtrop Yeah.
Speaker 2: The pool is an natural and crazy yeah, and I think the bathroom has tons of beautiful features.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like her pool is like a pool that like Roman plansca did very bad things and.
Speaker 2: Very very bad things. She definitely has a bidet and she uses it, oh for sure, front and back up the who Yeah, what does she wear? It's either worker clothes or like robes.
Speaker 1: I guess. But isn't she still like I'm a show girl. So it's like she's going to incorporate like a lot of spandex or like lycra into her casual wear, right, like because she wants to be like stretchy body constant.
Speaker 2: It's like she's walking around the house in this body con workout thing and then in this very starway like until she's in the costume.
Speaker 1: It's silk robe okay, but don't you think when she is going to the grove, like to get a salad and go shopping, she is wearing like kind of stretchy flared, big flared pants, like kind of like a weird synthetic material pant.
Speaker 2: And she likes Barkley sneakers like Carlougerveld sneakers.
Speaker 1: And then like a f and like in the middle of summer white, I.
Speaker 2: Make up huge sunglasses, period presses. Who are you in the book? Now that we've had time to really think about okay.
Speaker 1: Because last time I said that you are the bad maid.
Speaker 2: Yes, which I still agree with, m Am. I now the good maid who created who created the good maid? Who made the ChIL davocato soup for her?
Speaker 1: For the first time, you're labeling everything in the fridge. I don't know about that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's very like how I made shrimp broth the other day and I put it in my soup cube container where there's chicken broth, and my was like, are you gonna remember which one is shrimp broth and chicken? Then I was like, yeah, I'm gonna write it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. After you mistook like shrimp dip for what was your infamous story?
Speaker 2: Oh after I swapped clam dip for pancake better, Yes, and put scallions on it and it to my close friends at the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I think you are Jean Wilder taking lumbering jazz for a walk the world, and you're because you are actually very good with kids, and you're like the world could be yours.
Speaker 1: Yes. No, that is very cute, and.
Speaker 2: It's like through the streets of Beverly Hills. Yes, I think I'm Terry Garr. I'll stay at the cafe. Yeah, you go on with that small lumbering lesbian.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do I give this book?
Speaker 2: It's hard because it's always hard, but that's our job. It's like, you know, as you said, it's like, yeah, do I want the detail about how her friend didn't fill up her car twice? Sure? Is that good writing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm just gonna be frank It's a three out of five for me. It's too long, and frankly, it's not quite as introspective as I would have liked. There aren't enough passages where I'm really seeing her reflect. It is maybe too plotty, and I get that that's her and there is so much pot and that's fab and it washes over you. And I love her career and I think it's so delicious to do a part one of your life that it's.
Speaker 2: Four hundred pages delicious.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think, you know, there could have been.
Speaker 2: I think I'm totally with you. I think also this sense of celebrity where the best actors and singers, like our Queen Miranda, they show you how they feel in their art and they do not reveal it to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's also interesting is she reveals a lot, but she doesn't talk about her art then, right.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of like, I mean, I guess the end of this is supposed to be her being like I want to talk about my acting, and it's this whole setup. Yeah, and you're like, again, five hundred pages of like contracts and like fun stuff in the Playboy man mentioned and the like it's about a time and a place and she's a diva And yeah, I'm going to give it a three point five and five. I had a lot of fun the audio give it.
Speaker 1: Because lawsuits with your trend son about your other heroin addicted son out of five lawsuits.
Speaker 2: The audio is read half by her, half by someone else. So she'll start a paragraph and.
Speaker 1: Then it's like some other chick comes in, which is so her, which is very herb.
Speaker 2: But it's she's very saving my Voice's this book saving my voice, baby, It's.
Speaker 1: Very this book. We were like, okay, you're just kind of not going to get into the hole.
Speaker 2: You get so excited because she'll be like chapter non and then it's like Sonny and I and you're like, oh, okay. Three point five out of gas ferraris out of.
Speaker 1: Five Share, we love you, Shall love you, We Love your baby. Bess oh Son.
Speaker 2: The producer on this podcast. My best friend Darby Masters. Did she stop talking to me in nineteen seventy six of Caesar's Palace for about a month? Yes? Do? I forgive her? Almost a boo. Far was the supervising producer. He is also my husband's best friend. He tore us apart, but I still respect him and if he invited me to a Christening, I would go.
Speaker 1: This podcast was executive produced by a little Lady, I mean, Christian Everett. Our engineer was the Heave Frasier. I worked with him for seventeen years before we had to follow it out and over a very small amount of money. Oh what music was done by Steven Philips hors. Now there's a give producer I've ever seen one. He knows how to click those buttons and play those keys.
Speaker 2: Who The artwork, Baby was done by Teddy Blanks. I saw him at the school gallery in the north side of Aspen. The year was nineteen seventy five. It was just this little gallery.
Speaker 1: I walked in.
Speaker 2: I said, that's groovy, baby. So I had my assistant ship it up and send it back to my home and saw the ledo. It's still up there.
Speaker 1: Our podcast was created at cbe Yes Studios with prologed projects in that Hennsoda one. We terminated that contract, but we still remain on very close terms emotionally, spiritually religious.
Speaker 2: Baby. If you want to give us something a little extra, if you know what I'm saying, go on patroon dot com slash.
Speaker 1: Stebe slash stebc the pod. There's more content over there, Baby. I know that's what you need. I got you, baby, but you got us. Okay, we got you.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for you to get a twelve dollars a month. Baby.
Speaker 1: If that's nothing, you get four episodes, five dollars us.
Speaker 2: Talking smack about Hollywood, rock and roll, and gossip, religion, semi ostis DJ play that Christmas song, Sir, new Christmas song? DJ, won't you play the Christmas song?
Speaker 1: Oh Jingle Bell, Oh little bell will be jingling,