Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: The average person probably even listening to this right now, is in that one hundred thousand dollars rain.
Speaker 2: A little bit above, a little bit below.
Speaker 3: So yeah, just to ask a context to that, can you talk about the pre nump.
Speaker 2: Is it necessary for that? If so, how do you go about that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think that's where the kind of the frame is because people are just not aware of it. And so, like I said, first, I have to have a lot of married friends, which a handful of them married, but they don't even know that the education behind the prenup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so let's talk about the fact that, yeah, this is not a conversation for the wealth class. And I think ultimately people feel that way because of the way it's been framed by those of us in the media. The very first prenup I drew up was for one of my sorority sisters who, between her and her future husband didn't even bring in two hundred not didn't even, but they were not clearing two hundred thousand dollars between the two of them, and a prenup was a very good idea for them. Why the gentleman brought in a couple of assets into the marriage. And listen, most states and family law, which is what we're talking about, right, guys, can you tell me about spousal support which is another word for alimony, child support, These things, prenups, those are all governed by local jurisdictions, meaning state by state, and most states have basic statutes or laws in place that say when you bring assets to the relationship or the marriage, those are considered separate property pieces and they will be protected anyway. But why risk it, right because then facts get conflated where because in this case of this young woman in my story, she was going to be moving into his house that he had already owned. You know, indeed we still had a mortgage on it, but it was deeded to him singularly. So we would like to believe that it would be designated as separate property. But why risk it? So go ahead. That's something you want to put in a prenup. Something else to put in a prenup? What happens to your pensions? You know a lot of people in this conversation right now have great jobs from various municipalities and government. We're talking about people in law enforcement, people that are teachers, people that are in nurses, whatever it is. You know, you want to make sure those things are deser So, yes, when you're specifically in that kind of like sixty five to like one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars income range pre nups are for you. Let me be very clear. Pre nups are for you. It allows you to designate some you know, they're whether they're separate property, income, properties that people might come into the relationship with, because otherwise, if it goes left, you know, or even if it goes halfway left. Now, now it's a problem. Now it's messy. Now it's well, I've added a new roof to a house that's in your name. Only where does that leave me? How do I recoup the equity that the home has grown in the seven years I've been here, contributing to the mortgage or even paying the mortgage out right, see what I'm saying. So that's where a prenup is helpful. Now child support, child support totally separate, meaning you don't even have to be married, as many people find out, to be designated somebody who's going to be responsible for child support. That has to do with the fact that you are legally the father. And let me be clear here, this is why paternity tests are very important. And I know again they're not sexy. How do you ask somebody you've been having sex with, probably unprotected, probably for some length of time. Yo, I need you to get opporternity test rather. Well, here's the problem when you don't do that. After a year, in most jurisdictions, you are presumed you are presumed to be the father, like if you're the husband, you're presumed to be the legal father. And let's say you're not the biological father after a year, if you have not made that case legally in the court, you're on the hook financial yeah, period period. So that also you're not married. Young lady says the baby's yours. You say, Okay, I'm gonna take it on the chain. I'm gonna be a man, step up to whatever your situation. You find out again after that year of time is run out, all the while, you are not the biological father. Too late, unless the new actual biological father is willing to take that legal responsibility voluntarily, which is very high risk because the government's position is we're not trying to pay out social Security or any other financial assistance to this child who, through our eyes, had a father upon birth. So y'all figure it out. That's the government's mentality around it. So you got to really be willing to ask some unromantic questions and really do some unromantic things. If fiscal stability is the priority.
Speaker 3: Inflation is higher than ever, rent is higher than ever. We talked about this, well, you put a.
Speaker 2: Pin in it. But how much is enough money for each state?
Speaker 3: I know sometimes we'll say how much is needed to survive, but I think it would be great from your perspective, from your lands and your viewpoint, like how much does each person need to be financially comfortable or free?
Speaker 5: I think in New York just because again I've been having this conversation recently with a lot of folks, and folks by the way, that they're not in our industry. Let's be clear. I think a lot of times when we have this conversation kind of amongst ourselves as industry peers, to third parties listening in, it's like, okay, well they're talking about you know when they sitting around talking to Charlemagne and Yee, and you know you see a man in them. No, no, no, no, no, I'm talking about outside about.
Speaker 2: Right that.
Speaker 5: Motherfuckers. We love you dearly. And now let's talk about some people that are not necessarily in that space, right, So, people that are out here working jobs or in smaller businesses. These the number is about three hundred grand in New York to be candid, you know, when we start really talking about it, it takes about three hundred thousand somewhere like that. If you're making two fifty, you're living very comfortably. If you're making a little more, very comfortably. Once you get to me above the seven eight hundred thousand, now you're starting to talk about being in the upper middle class of a New York City or a d C or in LA. But if you're talking about those big metropolitans, uh, San Francisco, La.
Speaker 4: Maya, Erners, what's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 5: Miami a bit, but I would say Miami is probably a little more on part with DC. I would say two fifty you should be better, but and I only say that because of the housing. I'm only talking about places where your starter house, your one bedroom, one bathroom condo in New York is a million dollars. In La your two maybe three bedroom, one bath, maybe one and a half bath bungalow starter home is a million dollars. So that's kind of where this is coming from. So if you want to kind of be in that starter home position, you want to enjoy the amenities of living in those cities. Well, nobody has to live in New York, right, And we get that all the time as New Yorkers, and I'm sure people in La here and in San Francisco, right, Why would you choose to live in one of the most expensive cities in the world. Well, because of the amenities, Because I like being able to hop on the train and go one stop to Midtown and go to see a Broadway show. The Whiz is coming in a couple of weeks. Like that hype of stuff matters to me. I like being able to go and have, you know, a six course meal at Michelin Star restaurants. Those amenities are white here. But guess what, You're not enjoying any of those amenities if you're making one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. I know that because I've made eight one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year and lived in New York at one period of time, and it was I'm not gonna be so kind of out of touch to say a struggle as in, I never didn't think I knew where my next meal was coming from. But it was not eating out three four times a week and running up Bartack. It just wasn't that. It wasn't going on vacations. It just wasn't that lifestyle. So that, yeah, if you like that, you need a good three hundred thousand in those metropolitans. Now, let's let's go to some other places where we know our people are. Let's go to Charlotte, North Carolina. Let's go to Atlanta. Let's go to Durham, North Carolina. Let's go to maybe some other places in San Francisco. Excuse me, in California, there are not San Francisco or La kind of mid parts of that state and whatever, even Chicago, right, I think if you're making a couple hundred grand, even like probably one seventy five to two twenty five, you should be living very well in those cities, for sure.
Speaker 2: That's why you're the voice of reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean, stop me when I started lying or sounding crazy. But that's what I've lived, and that's when I have conversations.
Speaker 2: It's true what that's what it is.
Speaker 5: So I think when we even talk about who the wealth class is, I think that even has to be adjusted for. Right, A lot of us out here are just approaching the space where we're really entering that part of the conversation. So again, if we're talking about that level of income, why then would it make a lot of sense if we started this whole conversation guys, with marriage specifically being a business transaction where you are jointly liable for both assets and liabilities. Why would a woman making five to a million dollars of income a year be desirous of financially partnering with a very lovely gentleman who made one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. And one hundred fifty thousand dollars a year is a lot of money, and in a lot of places you could do a lot, but that one fifty doesn't even probably touch that woman's tax liability. So now, and and and it's not just what that looks like. And I think a lot of people think that when they hear, especially black women say that, it's like, Oh, you just want to run your little sorority events and your little you know this Galley and Jack and Jeeling all this shit and flex. No, we're talking about when it's time to put this child in Dalton or this other private school.
Speaker 2: What you got on its?
Speaker 5: What you have on it? Sir?
Speaker 4: On it?
Speaker 5: Can you give me it? And it's going to be difficult when it's one sixty coming in the door from you. That's all I'm saying. When my daughter's wanting to go on her ski trip with her fucking friends, whose dad is Jamie Diamond? What do you have on it?
Speaker 3: Seventeen thousand.
Speaker 5: And see this is the part right, So now y'all gotta y'all roused up, Thanks fellas. This is part of the conversation that you know, the nuance is found. Now you could say, well, who the hell needs all that? And that's true. Nobody needs to go on ski tripe, nobody needs ballet lessons, nobody needs lacrosse classes. But if that is your desire, and oh, I'm gonna really piss of people off If that's how God has called you to live, then why why is that so demonized too?
Speaker 2: There's a there's a way.
Speaker 5: To live out here, period, and when our favorite rappers and ball players do it, everybody celebrates it. But when you're just a regular calm major from A and T, or you're neeering major from FAM, you you get shitted on because you aspire to live that way and I'm not. I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: We don't. We don't have to. That's a fact. Oh wow, A lot to talk about that.
Speaker 3: But I want to give a shout to the ak are.
Speaker 2: Yes you are the pinky has gone.
Speaker 5: Up, Jinky's in full salute, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Full salute.
Speaker 3: We recently got honored by the Aka's and my grandmother was AKA.
Speaker 5: I saw that the honor. Yeah, well you guys, listen. I have a girlfriend who is got it. You know, she's one of these great black women right the NBA. This is this she's looking at doing some career transitioning actually coming from the nonprofit space, getting into more of the financial advising sector. And one of the first resource she's like, where are some resources? I said on your leisure booth, Like just start there, because if you're talking about where the culture is kind of baseline consuming this information and educating themselves and trying to either enter this conversation or expand and elevate it, it is right here in this con it's you guys. You guys have branded that in a way that is unmatched. And y'all know that, so you know it means a lot. I'm glad to hear the sores are honoring and and you know, giving you your flowers because you deserve them.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined. Nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,