Speaker 1: Once upon a time there was a good old traditional housewife. She couldn't. She cleaned and cared for her children and the man of the house, and of course she didn't talk back. She was both obedient and soft by nature. She was a good woman who always made good choices.
Speaker 2: That ship, we're good Mom's bad choices.
Speaker 3: You single mom who said fuck the patriarchy, shared all their bad choices.
Speaker 2: And sound out they were so bad.
Speaker 3: After all, we're experts, overshares and your new besties.
Speaker 2: Sit back and enjoy the ride.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to good Mom's bad choices. I'm Nila, and I'm Erica, and it's Wednesday, bitches.
Speaker 2: Happy motherfucking hot day.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Is that Mace? Is that Eminem? We're welcome back? Is it Eminem? Oh it's Mace. Look at the rats. I know, I know the raps, the raps.
Speaker 3: I have Mace's CD from Tower Records, right here on Little in Ventura Records.
Speaker 2: Yes I do. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It used to be like an event to go get the new album and right here on the and then you listen like get the little sample.
Speaker 2: I was devastated when records closed specifically the one in Hollywood, because that was like a real iconic staple on Sunset. I forgot about the one in uh the gallery. Don't the CD stool got my ears pierced there, damn Anyway, you guys, I'm just gonna get into it. Might as well. Okay, we have a special guest today. He is a former guest of the show and a staple in my life. Half of your makings. We have my daddy on the show, my real dad, not like my daddy, my dad dad, football Hall of Famer podcaster Eric Dickerson, Father, Eric Dickerson, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Eric.
Speaker 2: I think I've never called you that.
Speaker 5: No, thank you, thank you, thank you for happening.
Speaker 2: I was listening to our past episode with him, and you introduced him as an All Star All Star Players football player.
Speaker 3: I got it right this time, I got I said, Hall of Famer football player, right, yeah, okay, because all starts the basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay. Welcome back, Dad, back to the show. Thank you for coming.
Speaker 3: I know he's the All Star of those motherfucking ribs.
Speaker 2: A star. What are you barbecue?
Speaker 5: I have been barbecued him months, but anytime I.
Speaker 2: Want, I need that recipe past.
Speaker 5: One minute, you eat meat in the next thing you.
Speaker 2: This is her story. She's a flexitarian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 2: You don't know what the balance because I want to live alone. She goes extreme.
Speaker 3: She'll go from the vegan to pork right exactly.
Speaker 2: Currently, I'm a vegetarian.
Speaker 3: No fish, you say, okay, we'll take her portion of ribs.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the show, Dad. A lot has happened since then. When the last time we were you were on the show seven years ago. I think the Rams had just come to La. Yeah, and I was a year and a half out of my relationship, which seems crazy because it seems like I've been out of that relationship for twenty years.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem like it was seven years ago that you came on the show.
Speaker 5: But I know. I told Eric, I thought it was four three or four years.
Speaker 2: It was like very early in the podcast. It was like twenty nineteen, March twenty nineteen or it was in the dining room. Yeah, the dining room. I was in the I was in the interview because leave us alone, and she had headphones on him. I was like holding her.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of our early episodes, how are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 2: How's it going today? Dad?
Speaker 5: This is going good? My dear, you look good. Thank you. I'm old, but you're not old. Yeah, I mean I am. Like I said, yeah, in your thirties to me's husband say he's thirty five. My gosh, that's thirty years ago for me. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're old, I want to age like you and my mom, because you and my mom looked pretty fucking good for like you consider old hopefully.
Speaker 3: You know, you got your jewels on, you got your all black. You're looking pretty small to me.
Speaker 5: So you know, like this old man is what it is?
Speaker 2: As you get older?
Speaker 3: Do you think you get like do women get more bold or does it die off? Because you know you're you're an older football player. So I just want to know what is like the trajectory of the groupies as you get older, they get tired.
Speaker 5: Great, great question. You know I'm not a guy that's out there anymore. I mean I used to go to bars and clubs and parties. Like I was just left super Bowl this weekend. I went out twice out I didn't we want to go went to dinner at six o'clock and went to the party. I think I was at like eight thirty nine o'clock and I'm like, hey, I'm out of here. Like ten thirty, I said, I want to get out of here. I mean, I just can't do that no more. And you know, the young girls, they still come up, some of them. I'm just what am I going to do? I don't get your number. I mean they take give me a how to give a girl my eyes? I have no clue. So you know that's just I'm I'm past that stage.
Speaker 3: At what point did you think you got to this point? Because I feel like a lot of men they really hang on, like obviously you're in a long term relationship, but I'm some of your colleagues who haven't been, who haven't gone that route, like I feel like they really they'll go with they'll go to the to the wheels fall off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some some do go to the wheels fall off. I mean I think I got there probably in my late thirties because I did a lot. I mean I was going I mean I wouldn't a heavy drinker, but I didn't do drugs. But the clubs is my thing. Clubs and strip clubs and all that kind of stuff. I was doing all that kind of stuff. I won't forget. I think I was in Miami and I was maybe thirty nine or forty years old, and they said, Okay, we're gonna go to We're gonna go to dinner or to dinner early. He said, then we're gonna we're gonna meet and go out at midnight. And I'm like, what midnight? I'm like, what the hell. I'm like, okay, I said, well, I need to go back and maybe take a nap so I won't forget. I went back to my hotel and it was about eleven forty five. I'm like, it's nowhere in the hell. I'm thin. They get up and go to no club. I take her say, man, I'm not going. I just I can't do it. That's when I think, you know, it was old for me, and you know, do I miss that life? Not even not even a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that. I think that drugs have to be involved past a certain age in order to be out of the house past.
Speaker 3: Eleven forty nine or vacation, like, you have to be really motivated because you're in a new city, new country, and you're like, oh yes, late I'm going out to explore.
Speaker 5: Not at sixty years old, not in Miami six years old. I'm not you know, some guys, I mean, I got friends. I got some guys that I know that they still get out there. I'm like, man, how do you do it? Man? I mean, I just don't understand it. But like I said, that's just that's not my life.
Speaker 2: They're tired.
Speaker 5: They look tired. Yeah, but you know they can do that. I can.
Speaker 2: I see some of your friends. I could. I could see that some of them still be outside in these streets trying to pick up a young young and he seems his friends out. I don't see them out. I just see the look in their eyes.
Speaker 5: First of all, I'm gonna take it as much. Here a man who always had that look in his eye. You know, that's just how it worked. He's a man, you know, and that's just that, that's that animal instinct and you might not do nothing, but he gonna look like damn like that. Wow. I mean, it's just it's just who you are.
Speaker 2: The other day, we were driving and she came there was a girl like on the side of the street, and Kim was like, hmm, I saw you look at her ass and I said no, I wasn't. And he was like, you were looking at her ass? And I was like, it's okay. He was like, no, you were looking. I was like, babe, I didn't even bring this up, like it's okay, you can look at her as it was.
Speaker 5: It was him. Trust I know.
Speaker 2: I'm on our last episode. You said that eighty percent of men are unfaithful. Is this still a fact?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, most men. I mean, look, you can find you can find a good man. Don't get me wrong. I mean, there's some good men out there that that don't cheat. And I'm not saying I don't. I don't condone that. I'm saying it's right by no means. But men, we are hunters by nature. I mean, and that's just the facts. I mean. You know, you'd like to believe, or like, want your man to be with one woman this whole life, and women shea way smarter than we do. Y'all cheat too, and but y'all smarter. Boy. The man go ahead and you come back with lipstick on his collar, you know, stuff on its pay like damn well, and women, you be screwing the neighbor. And two years later said I'm leaving what I'm leaving the neighbor. What how long that's been going on? I mean, because y'all, y'all calculated by the men do stuff off of whom you know, with the with the head with no brain in it. That's that's our problem, you know. So yes, I mean, I'm not saying all men sheat by no means. And like I said, I said, I don't condone it. But you know, the thing is, for a man, it's hard to say, no, it just is. I mean, if you could, you could, you could be a faithful man, really faithful.
Speaker 2: It's not hard to say, say, I just see.
Speaker 5: The thing is, you're not you're a woman. You're a woman.
Speaker 2: No, No, I just don't believe that men don't have any self control. That's that's the myth that men all other men so that they don't have to have it.
Speaker 5: It's not a myth. It's not a myth. Because I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 2: I mean, I really I know that men are visual creatures, and they supposedly think about sex more than women, and you know, they require a lot less to go into that sort of action than women do. But I also think that there's this narrative that you're saying that I think men pass on to other men. And then they're like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: The boys will be boys, you know. You you can take a little kid, a little boy, say he's six seven years old and he don't know nothing about sex, but he looks at a girl like look at that, look at her? He just looked. You know, that's just it's it's your nature. It's what it is. And it's just like we were the golf, of course, guys playing golf and guys and man and I got a good woman. I don't know what name. Hell I was messing un what the hell am I doing? I mean, you question yourself and I'm telling.
Speaker 3: You doing crazy?
Speaker 5: Dad is you still do it? And it's not that it's not that you you disappointed in yourself for doing you really are, But like I said, you can never understand it because you're not a man. It's like me thinking about being a woman. I mean, I'll never know what it's like to be a woman. I never know it's like to carry a baby. And we can talk about it like you can have a man that said transgender and he said, oh, it's my baby, I'm trying to breast free. He ain't no mama, he don't know what that's like. That's not being a real mother. So it's not like we want to. And I'm like saying, I don't say, oh men, don't she that's that's not true every man. That's not cheat. But most of them do. And sometimes it's not even they do it purposely. Women are so aggressive these days, and they were aggressive back in my day, but this day, man, all you can do. My cousin, they played in the league, Ricky, I won't forget. We were in super Bowl in Minnesota. This is bou just seven eight, seven years ago, and I'm like, what you're doing. Say, I'm on my phone looking at the girls. I'm like, what girls we show them? Like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: I think it was tender or something like that. Tender. And the thing is, he said she gonna come over. I'm like, come over, Well, she coming over here? I'm like, what I mean? It's that he said, Man, ever gets so easy, and I mean I had no no offense, but not all that. It's good women out there, really good women, but a lot of women a whrse. I'm serious they hoard themselves.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, I'm just gonna say, when you get it, when you get out there and showing your titties and you know, I'm showing, I'm shaking it up and you know all that kind of what I'm saying. But I'm not saying. I'm saying, not every woman. It's like a woman that dresses very provocative, very provocative, but there, but she's not a whore. She might dress like that, she might even act like that a little bit, but she's not that person. And I know some girls just like that that. I can think of a girl in particularly in my mind. Man, I a Latin girl that I was liked, and she looked like that, but she was not that kind of girl. She was very classy. She dressed classy. Yeah, she dancing on its sexy. But no, I mean, I won't forget one time we kissed a car for like two hours, like over my lips in it. I mean, I go to touch it. No Poppy, no Poppy, I'm like, Lord, have mercy. So anyway, you know, it's women make it. Women make it really easy for men. I mean, so, I mean, most like the marriages are gone down because we don't have to get married. I mean, you got multiple. I mean, look, I love women. I mean I love women, and I respect a good woman. And what I mean saying that, that's like saying every woman is not a good woman. That's like saying every mom is a good mom, every dad is a good dad, every child's a good jet child. That doesn't work like that. That's not life is I mean, you know who you are inside. You know who you are. I mean, you know what you will do and you know what you want to do. I mean I've had girls, you know, when I was younger. You know, I can't believe I'm down there giving you a blow me either, But don't stop. You got a boyfriend, and you got a boyfriend at home. I mean, that's what I'm saying. I know the things that girls will do. I'm not me and I'm just saying. I mean, I mean, I'm being one hundred.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said, I want to believe that the women are waking up and.
Speaker 5: Have more self you know, some I hope some women do that.
Speaker 2: There's a I think there's definitely more women than maybe in your day of Hodem. There's there's horse all over the world.
Speaker 3: Let's be the male horse female horse. You got to make each other horse.
Speaker 5: Man can't man really, man can't be a hole, he's just he'd just be horrish.
Speaker 2: A man can't be a hole.
Speaker 5: He could be horrish. I mean, okay, let's see.
Speaker 2: We're starting here.
Speaker 5: Okay, A man, a man, a man. Let me let me say this, mis put like this here. Okay, let's let's use a man. A girl will be like girl. He ain't no but a big old hole. You know I would navi date him. Next thing you see? Oh he ain't that. Ain't that bad?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 5: You know I like him? Okay, Now let's take a woman. You see a woman, she good looking? Yeah, man, you know everybody hitting that, I'm gonna hit it, but I ain't gonna be damping to be seen with her like that. I ain't trying to marry her. But somebody would, but mostly not high valued men, not men that want a woman with some value. And that's what you want. You don't want to walk into a bar or an establishment. And I can say this has happened. When a girl was there with another player that I knew. I'd introduced him to her, and I told him don't fall in love. That's what I told her, don't fall in love because I know she was a hope. What does he do? He started dating the whole, he married the whole. Guy said, man, why are you telling myself? I told him I can't make him. Maybe she's a housewife. Now she was just what what hey, I tiger is a tiger. He is not a monkey. You know.
Speaker 3: I think there's there are women you're right there, like appear like they are scantily clothed. Maybe they look they dressed a certain part or show up a certain part. But there's like an essence of a real whore, Like that's a whole, Like there's a there's like an essence of like a dirty, dirty cheap anybody can get it. That is like a way in which you carry yourself. There's an energy in which you carry yourself. It's like a bitch might be a whore, might be promiscuous, but she is a class about her. So you wouldn't know from just walking down the street. But there's certain bitches on the street. I'd be like that bitch sucks.
Speaker 5: You got me. You said it right, because I give I give a good example. A matter of fact, a friend of mine. He came to an event with a girl and I'm like, damn, she had a nice dress, pretty nice halfstyle. I say, that's a stripper. I can tell, I can tell.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I said, I ain't gonna see his name. I said, it's a stripple, you know, I said, I don't. It's just something about.
Speaker 3: There is something about certain strippers.
Speaker 2: You could take them out the club. But you can see the shipper.
Speaker 5: You can see. You can tell she had just walked in. But she didn't make nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, she said she had nice hair.
Speaker 5: It just looks like I want to take my clothes off.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, Dad, that you don't think that hose could be reformed.
Speaker 5: I don't want to turn the hole into a housewife. I mean, I'm be honest with you, and it's just be one hundred. I'll never forget my grandfather. You knew my grandfather, Papa Horse. We're sitting out on the porch one day and uh, this lady passed by. He said he stop, stop stop stopped having to call she stopped, stop stopping. He said, hey, hey horse, how you doing, Hey, how you doing? Blah blah, blah, say he was always proud of me. Hey this that grand my grandson every day, that football player like that, I said, pop boy, stop, he said, how you doing? She pulls off. I'll never forget that. He's eighty years old, he said. He looked at me, say said him right there, boy, she was a hole in her day. Papa horse, he said. She liked that step you like, I'm like what you called it, blow you up, tugging on you. He said that she likes I'm like Papa hoys.
Speaker 2: Come on that stuff you like not eighty years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just so. I mean, you know, no one, no man, No, I say it again, no high valued man.
Speaker 2: What is a high valued man?
Speaker 5: High valued man is a man that has a career, has stuff going on and nothing and not to be rich. You know, he has he has something he's trying to accomplish, he wants. He'll make a good husband. He might not. You always fay, you make a good a good family man.
Speaker 2: You might not be faithful, but that's not a requirements.
Speaker 5: Let's just say said, most men that make a whole lot of money, I'm gonna put it like that make a lot of money, are not going to be faithful because they gonna you know, I'm in football, we have a saying you as faithful as your options because players, and I'm gonna say players, athletes, actors, you have a lot of options. Some guys you don't go down to mess around, but you got girls like it's always one, like damn, look at that one, right, It's just that one sometime that get your answer. Y'all make the eye contact. And like I said again, I'm not saying it's right by no means. I'm just telling you facts. And that's as a man I mean, and I'm an older man. Men ain't changed this. This has been going on since the beginning of the time. They gonna pick them, they gonna pick one, all of them. All men won't but a lot of me and they gonna lie.
Speaker 2: And this is why my daddy never had no remorse for me. When I be like, you cheated on me, he'd be like, oh, that's.
Speaker 5: Should I sayd He be.
Speaker 2: Like what now, Like okay, well, I'm sorry up.
Speaker 5: I mean, and you know, you know check it out. You you you you're women. Y'all want that bad boy you do it, and it's be honest. You want that bad boy. You don't want that guy that that's the good old guy that you know, just a good he's a good, good guy. I can't say a name. But my friend and she got up. She had a boyfriend not long ago, and I said, how's going. She said, Oh, he's such a nice guy. He say, but man, he be sending me flowers, be sending me poems every day, you know, be timmy. I mean, she loved him like I just can't take it. I'm like, I'm like, what's wrong with that? I said, you know what, you need a real nigga, don't you. She said yeah. I said see, I said, Now he'll say, oh she's older. That's what I'm trying to say. Y'all want that, y'all, y'all want that bad boy and a good boy, a good guy and one. And I mean, don't get me, it can happen like that. But most real males.
Speaker 2: What what are you?
Speaker 5: I mean? I was I was at Apple, I was that guy. I used to be that guy, a real nigga.
Speaker 2: But write no poetry, write no poetry.
Speaker 5: I ain't got nobody write no poetry, no poetry.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something. I had a rap game back in the day. You know, I could I could rap back.
Speaker 2: You know, we might have to run my dad's rap moment at the end of this episode. We may have to we might have to run that music. But what's your what's your line?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Would you say to Rihann like, what's up? Baby? Like what you're spending over there?
Speaker 5: I don't remember? But how you doing? I'm good? I'm like, what's your name? My name is Ran? I said, my name is Eric.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, stop, I know I don't want I don't need to be here for this. You picked the smooth boys. He thinks I was already enough at dinner.
Speaker 3: You know, this brings us, I think to our bad choice of the week because I have some questions, because do you bitches really just want a bad boy?
Speaker 2: Can we settle with a good guy?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Is that our problem? Because I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mom?
Speaker 4: But Mom so good?
Speaker 2: So should I read this bad choice? To read it? Do you, daddy? Do you have any bad choices of the week?
Speaker 5: The weeks? Yes started days two and I ain't got no bad jo, no bad choice.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let me.
Speaker 5: Know I was younger yet I'd be a man bad choices.
Speaker 2: Okay, Dear Erica and Jamila. First of all, thank you. I've listened to your podcast and loved you both over the past few years. Honestly, your episodes bring me joy, validation, and laughs. I'm a full stay at home mom creating my own business on the side, so all the joy you bring is so needed and appreciated, and I relate to you both so much. Being the spiritual thirty seven year old we'd smoking black mama that I am. I have two small kids under five and a white man, so there's that. In fact, my relationship is what led me to the bad choice of the week. I text an X then met up with him the next day. Nothing happened physically between us. We just chatted and smoked together like we always do. We always used to. We were always good friends, and it was so nice to have that moment again. My life has just become cooking and cleaning and putting everyone else first for the past five years, and I've been feeling so depleted. I feel so understimulated in my current relationship. I'm such a deep thinker and love connecting through conversation. I want to feel like my man can teach me something and I just don't want and I just don't have that with my current partner. We haven't had sex in nearly a year and a half, and I've been telling him for a long time how unhappy I am. I text my ex because I've missed him as a friend and the deep, interesting conversations we used to have. I've just felt so done in my current relationship. I had a dumb moment of impulse that I was aware of and still said fuck it. It's feeling more and more like a bad choice because since seeing him, I've been reminded of how seen and sexy I felt with him in my life. It's like since last week, I've gotten a part of myself back that feels positive and inspired again. However, that's making me want to see him again, and the thought of being sexual has crossed my mind.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I feel so trapped in my relationship. Financially, he couldn't afford to live separate from us and his family are far away. Plus he said he won't leave living with his kids. Girl, Sometimes I am to you, buddy right. In the past, I've suggested we open up the relationship, but he won't have it. I'm just feeling like, what the fuck did I do? And it was probably a bad choice. I don't want to have an affair and cheat on him, or would you consider it cheating. Would love to hear your thoughts if you get a chance, Love you a whole lot, Anonymous.
Speaker 3: You didn't hear this from me, But if you ain't got no dick in a year and a half and the dick right laying right next to you, and you told the nigger, hey, what's up with that dick?
Speaker 5: Right boy?
Speaker 2: Three times five times, you might be well.
Speaker 3: Within your rights to go get that oother dick that's on the table. Also to the men, to the men, once your woman has a baby, do not just look at her as a milk cow and a maid and a chef, because that's the easiest way for a bitch to get bored.
Speaker 2: Don't want another niggas here.
Speaker 3: She's going to be contemplating doing some other shit because women need to feel seen outside of motherhood. So if you think she's happy over there and you ain't sucked on a titty or put it in in a year and a half, your tripping.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get it. I mean I can relate to this story because when I was in my relationship. I felt super unseen and bored and unsexual. It was my fault though I was not. I didn't want to give nothing to him because I was like, nah, no thanks, I don't trust you and I'm not into it. And I remember, I knew I sought out somebody just like her who I knew. I knew I could get easily. I knew would be just enthralled just the fact that I'm in his presence. And I went and I felt good until I didn't feel good. That's another story. I recall the story, but I understand like that feeling of like excitement after having an experience like that, where you go home and you're like, damn, this is not what I signed up for. So in my opinion, I'm never gonna advocate for cheating, but do what feels good to you.
Speaker 3: But if you cheat, it's the beginning of the end. Yeah, if you cheat, just know it's probably the beginning of the end. I don't know how long you can't that you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't sheat that feeling. You can't undo that feeling that you're gonna get and on.
Speaker 3: Board your relationship now that you've peeked out and saw that it could be something else.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go home and be fun, or maybe you need to threaten him a little bit and tell him what happened.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get the bitch beat.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like I've got a little you gotta make up a lie.
Speaker 3: Like you saw somebody at a store not your ex, and they were trying to hit on you, and you were like, oh damn, I still got it. Don't say you went and had dinner with your ex. Don't listen to Erica. Okay, we cannot be liable for that.
Speaker 2: I'm about transparency. Take it to the grave, daddy. What what's your what's your advice?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna tell you one thing. A man, especially, I'm gonna say, an alpha male.
Speaker 2: He might be cheating on you already. Sorry, yeah, that's what my thought.
Speaker 5: He's sexual. I mean, you want you want some of that? I mean, and if you ain't getting it at home, not saying every guy you getting it somewhere. I mean. So I'm not saying I don't know this guy. I mean, but nine times out of ten, if you ain't having it, I mean, and most men they'll leave a woman like hey, I've told a girl before, I ain't got to get showed. You know what. You can hold it hostage, but I'm gonna give me some, you know, and they got to be yours, but I'm gonna give me some. I mean, so I don't say that, well a woman. Let me tell you something. When a woman goes and cheats, given than a man. And I say that for a couple of reasons, because a woman is a receiver. A woman, excused my mouth, is laying on her back, lord, but it is what it is. You can't get around it. A woman's laying on her back necessarily, all right. She's on her knees. She's on her knees.
Speaker 2: You could be you could be sitting on top.
Speaker 5: Mom standing, you could be on top of you, but you still you're still getting something inserted in you. And a man can always he can wipe you off, but you can never wipe a man out of you. I mean, that's just that's a fact. I mean. And for a woman to cheat, like I said, women y'all cheat smarter than we do. Y'all do it. And when you cheat, you've thought about it a long time, really thought about it. Most women a good woman's gonna think about it before she just goes and goes and acts on that. And like you said, when you married and you go cheat, pretty much that relationship is pretty much you know, could be as fractured. It's done. Okay, Now you don't cheat it with this guy. Is this the guy you're gonna be with? Is that? If he is, he's got to wipe it home, because man gonna tell you what you want to hear. Oh baby, I'm so unhappy at home. You know, I don't have sex at home. I ain't getting nothing home. And then really he might be fucking the hell out of his wife, but you don't know that, you know. So he's gonna he gonna tell you what you want to hear. That's that's how men operate. That ain't changed at all. Young men and older men. They gonna tell you what you want to hear. So, like I said, when a woman goes and che she has to make the sure that this is what she wants to do and what comes along with it. I mean, because if the man leaves, Now, when you buy yourself, but vice versa, I mean that goes, that goes for man too, That goes both ways because you got a good woman and she leaves. Now you lost a good woman. And now I got to go out here and try to mess around these holes you're doing to say, you're doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: Wait, what'd you say?
Speaker 3: What was the story you said before we started about your friend who you read something and she was born?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I saw. I listened to his own TikTok, lady said. She said, let me tell you something. I listen to his damn friends of yours. She said, I'm gonna tell you I had. She's just just some like this, lady. I had a husband, good husband, good husband. You know, we wasn't in love like that no more. You know the sex one. You know, it was just all right. And my friends be going out and having drinks. And you need to get rid of him, to go and divorce him. She said, what do my dumb ass do. I listen to him, I go get divorced. She said, we were cool. She said, what does he do? Go buy him a brand new house, got him a nice wife. He said, you know what's happening to me? He said, These niggas out there jumping him and down on me. Now I ain't got nobody, you know, going from bed to bed. That is that what you want? Because let me tell you something, when you and your when your twenties and maybe your thirties, doing that kind of stuff, your the early thirties. But now I say you thirty five, forty years old, forty two, you use goods, you ain't finna get no good man, You ain't finna get.
Speaker 2: Bad forty two. Damn, I'm mirroring there.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen, but listen what I'm saying. I'm not finished. You've got You've got, you've got two or three kids, but sometimes two or three daddies. That's the that's the difference. You think a good you think a good quality man wants a woman with two or three kids.
Speaker 2: Maybe, just so you know, father, this podcast has a lot of moms saying that perhaps that story right now, and I think it's Valentine and I'm here to tell you, hey, hey, hey, you bitch, listen. Don't listen to him. He don't know. Don't listen to him.
Speaker 3: Plenty of bitches five men with two three kids. Plenty bitches get married with two three kids.
Speaker 5: You know what? I agree with that, Jamila, that's true. But how rare is that that's a rarity that doesn't happen every day. I mean, that just doesn't. That's like, that's like a woman dating a guy with no legs. It's a rarity that he gets a beautiful white a woman that that happens.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's as rare as you think. Maybe it's just rare to your circle.
Speaker 5: No it's not. It's rare to a good quality man, or a good quality that.
Speaker 2: Same quality man might also have two to three kids.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, now that's what I was gonna say. Do you think do you think a hot woman.
Speaker 2: You know, like Kevin Samiel's right?
Speaker 5: Now, Hey, I'm just saying what I'm saying. I mean, you know, you know I'm not you know what I'm talking from from from from man experience. I'm not talking about why somebody told me. I'm telling what I know. I mean, even though a high valued woman woman this guy got it going on, got her own house, her own job, making her own money. You know, she she'd like you. But you got four different four baby mamas. I'm doing it, thank you. What would you do you like?
Speaker 2: I'm not saying baby mom, I'm saying, like, even okay, whether you have, However many.
Speaker 5: I'm putting on a man chap. I'm saying, a man, I'm let me ask your question, would you was you rather the man with no kids or even one kid, but posted a man with three? How about that with no kids? A post a man with three kids. You go, that's the difference. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: There's nothing wrong with a woman having children. I'm not saying that nothing at all. It's good women out there with keep don't take this wrong. It's some really good women out there that have two kids, sometimes three kids. But men, good quality men, you know, they want that new product, they want that new one.
Speaker 3: This is I'm not saying that this is not true, but I do think that it is true because society has built this, this programming that says that if women have multiple children and they move up out of a relationship, whether we're standing when they were getting that dick, if they're on their knees or on their back, they society tells us and tells men that women are less valuable after they've had kids, whereas men, Hella, men have two three kids with two three fucking baby mamas, and they marry when they fucking fifty and nobody.
Speaker 2: Wants they washed out bass anymore.
Speaker 5: But you don't.
Speaker 3: That's a social construct. I do believe, as there's women out there listening, I think a part of it has to be your mindset. If you believe that no one's gonna want you, that's what's gonna happen. But if you speak, and if you feel, and if you're confident, and also don't wait on these niggas, like if you're not happy, that's one thing, but don't don't leave a relationship in hopes that you're gonna come get swooped up by Superman, like you know, like you, I don't think anybody, man or female, should be their whole life's obsession should be necessarily partnership. I agree, And I think when you let that go and you accept you're the shit with or without a nigga or a bitch, with or with the two baby daddies or four baby daddies or whatever amount of kids you have accumulated. Because life be life, and if you know you're valuable, then you'll attract what's valuable. But if you think that there's no one out here and you're not valuable and you believe the lie and you eat the fucking pill, then you're not gonna find nobody.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll say this to you. I'll say this when I was in my twenties, say, in my twenties playing football, and I met girls that had kids, and I met girls who didn't have kids, and I and I'm sure this has not changed, stealed the girls with the kids nice. I mean, I think a two girl, really nice girl, would have kids. I knew I wouldn't. That wouldn't going no well with me. For a fact. The girl they didn't have a kid, that had a that had a chance for sure. I mean, it's nothing against the one.
Speaker 2: Because this point, did you have a kid?
Speaker 5: I had no kids. I didn't have air, he says to my twin, I didn't have no kids.
Speaker 3: I mean, which is fair if you don't have kids and they don't have kids, and you want to experience that for the first time with somebody, that's a valid that's what I'm not dating.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know that this narrative is true because I've experienced it on the other I've been on the other side of that where a man literally told me he's not going to date me because I'm over thirty. I think I was like thirty three or something. I'm like over thirty one or something, and I have a kid, and I couldn't he said it to me. I was like, I couldn't believe it. I was like, why are you happened? But why do you keep going out to dinner with me? I mean, I'm great, right, I'm grateful that he did because you know, he didn't waste my time, you know, but nice with a nice white woman. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But the problem is is that, Okay, let's say I do date to say I date the girl with the kids. Say I do date a girl with two kids, and we together and we have a nice relationship going we break up, all right, I have no offic and I've loved those kids. Now my bond with the kid, these my mama, These my kids. You can't tell me to do my kids. But I love I don't want you to see my kids no more. That's something. Then you tell me.
Speaker 2: A fact that all that's all.
Speaker 5: That's a fact. All that comes into the factor when you when you're talking about dating somebody, even a woman dating a man with a kid, it's the same thing because women are motherly. They meet a little girl, you got a little boy, and like, oh, I just love your little boy live and all of a sudden you break up with the girl. But she wants to see them. She wants to see the little boy. Little girl. Now you got a new girlfriend. I don't want that to be seeing me. That ain't coming over here, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm still friends with two of your axes from childhood. She one I ain't. I don't even know if you're talking to them no more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which one? Uh?
Speaker 2: The only black woman I've ever saw you date?
Speaker 5: Know?
Speaker 2: Two? Well two of actually three only seen your day two black women me physically with my own eyes.
Speaker 5: I did a lot of women, tell you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's what I'm saying. But I'm just saying the two that I know of, and then your your ex fiance. Yeah, those those three, those are three ones that I say that Holly.
Speaker 5: Holly, I did. I did it, Holly for a long time, I did it. You didn't know when I did. I did Monique, I did a girl name run, I mean I did. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Monique, Holly and Sarah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I dated I dated. I did just I had the spectrum. I mean I didn't. I wouldn't expect I did. I didn't go look look like, oh she got to be white, blonde, blue. I mean that I'm not in I never really into the blonde thing. But you know when I hit it, Yeah, if you're good looking, I like, you know, sometimes the dark hair. You know, my my girl, now she got red hair. I mean I was never in the red hair. But you know, good person, I'm beautiful. I mean, so it's not what you might set out to date an Asian girl and wind up with a black woman.
Speaker 2: That you may set out to date a woman who has no kids. And then I say that all to say is that, like, yeah, it is true that like those women developed a relationship with me, and it was heartbreaking for them on the other side of that, not being a man in dating a woman with children, but as a woman dating a man with children, for them to now be like, oh, I guess I can't be in this person's life anymore, you know, And so and.
Speaker 5: Holly still talks to see how to still talks about.
Speaker 2: You your best friends to this stay, I think to like just going back to this question, this this bad choice before we move on. I think that, like so often, will number to go back to this question and to what you said about this TikTok. People getting advice from people that are not in relationships that I haven't been in relationships that I have never really been in healthy relationships, I think is rarely can be dangerous and something that I thought about recently too, like asking people for asking advice from friends who I haven't seen in healthy relationships, or like the other day I needed advice, I was like, who do I call? I called my married friend. I was like, one who's been married for a long time, that is a seasoned parent. I was like, I need to ask her because she's been through this before. I'm not going to ask somebody who like, is new in a relationship and and maybe is just in a season of finally feeling safe in her relationship. And then secondly, I think a lot of relationships end because we as men and women haven't been taught how to communicate. We haven't been taught how to really communicate our needs. We think that we're communicating our needs, but we're not speaking the language of our partner, or we're not putting into practice the things we say we're going to change, Like we'd be like, oh yeah, yea, yeah, okay, we're gonna try, we're gonna do that, and then we don't. So then now we're back washing dishes, we're back feeding the kids, and he's back not fucking his girl. You know. Like I think that there's like a like a commitment beyond just that we're married, like the commitment of like there will be seasons where there might be a five year stint where like we are not happy, but do we need to leave each other or is there space for us to figure something like figure it out. But a lot of times people don't figure it out because they don't have the tools. They don't have the like they don't know what to do or what to say. And so then that relationship is over and now you're out in a new relationship and your husband is now buying a house for a new wife and is happily married.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean think about it is when you got you need a certain age. It's like a fifty five or sixty ye old woman trying to get out there and date. It's it's difficult. I mean, you can you can, you can say what you want to say, because an older man can get younger women and that's just acceptable. If you saw you not every older man, but but a lot of older men can. If you see a if you see a seventy five year old woman with a thirty five year old you're like, damn, what that looks stupid? Look crazy? I mean it really would.
Speaker 2: I see a seventy five year old man.
Speaker 5: But an older man with a young woman, it might look crazy, but you know the deal. Now that you know the deal, I mean, and that's just that's fine. I mean you might not want to believe it or say it's right or whatever, but that's just just how that's how the world is. And it's always been like that. I mean, you know, men, an older man can get a younger woman. I mean, and it's not a lot of You say you got an older man and he's say, like me, all right, I'm fifteen years old. In penny, I'm fifteen years old than her. I mean, and I'm just in good shape as she is. I mean, she's in great shape. I mean. But now you say you got a woman that's say sixty five, and she got a thirty five year old, that's gonna look really odd. It really. I mean, you can say what you want to say, but you know, even women gonna say, what is that old man doing with that young woman? Man that don't do that young man? Women say it. I mean, so.
Speaker 2: Maybe that young that older woman got some money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's where it comes down on the other side. But not always, but a lot most of the time. That's it. That is it. Women. Women, women, they want security and a lot of young men don't know how to treat a woman. First. When a young guy, like a young and not twenty twenty one year old, let's go to McDonald let's go to In and Out like what, well, an older man, let's say you twenty one and you got a man that's say thirty two years old, and he said, hey, we're gonna I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna take you to Hawaii this weekend. What I've never been to. My god, you know, all of a sudden, this guy is doing like I've never had this because he's he knows how I'm gonna take you to Martin's. I'm not taking you to In and Out. I'm not taking you to the Steak and Shape. You know, I'm taking you to to Larcen's. You know, I'm gonna take you to a place on the beach. That is the difference between an older man with some class and a young and it's nothing wrong, but cause you're young. You know allis was young. I mean I didn't know how to tip. Ain't no dan, he's supposed to tip people. I didn't know that. It's just you learn when you get older. You and women. A woman they like that by wow, he just oh he makes me feel so safe, you know, I just I just love that about him. Well, you got this this nigger over here. You're talking about taking me the damn dock in the box, you know, like, oh, damn jacking the box time I want to go out to eat the dinner. That's the difference.
Speaker 3: As a young woman who really appreciated all the old men that I dated and took me to the more insign not to McDonald's. I will say, the old men really know how to love on you. They really know how to talk you up and tell you nice things, and they will take you out. But I think in this conversation where we're lacking, it's like there may be a five year sent in your marriage or relationship that's boring or you're going through shit and you have to pour back into it. But I always ask him these instances, like this question, was he boring in the beginning? Like bitches settle you early, so like if it's not what you wanted to be at thirty or twenty five, don't wait till you're fifty five to.
Speaker 2: Get up out the motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Like if the nigga's that fucking you, if he wasn't fucking you the first year, why did we stay? I think this is the more important question, Like it's not about like people will be bored.
Speaker 2: I always ask.
Speaker 3: Even with men, like oh my wife, they'll give me. This is obviously someone specific. He told me it's recently with that, And I was like, well, did she ever fuck you? Like he's like yeah at the beginning, But I'm like, so what happened? There was something that happened. Did you stop fucking her because she became the mother of all these children? Like if the nigga never had any intellect and never really like aroused your mind, why are you surprised now? Of course you are looking the other way because.
Speaker 2: You're not being aroused. You settled, don't settle.
Speaker 3: In the beginning, and then ten years from now be like, damn should I go, Like, don't waste people's time.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that people too are like like, if you're young, when you start dating someone, your interests might be might have been aligned at that time. Yeah, you know what I mean, and then you evolve as a person and you realize that you need other types of stimulation Like that also happens. It's like there's so many there's so many different layers to why and how.
Speaker 3: I also don't think anyone should get married or really be in a relationship before thirty, Like, no one should be married or really be a relationship before thirty because who the fuck are you before thirty? Like maybe thirty five for real?
Speaker 2: For real. Well, my dad always told me he would never be married ever my whole life. He said that all the time, Like not my thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just I mean, I'm not saying ever.
Speaker 2: Since Judy Tillman broke his heart broke my home seventh grade, back when the story Judy was waiting by the phone for Judy to call.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about this because this is the thing with men. I see this all the time. Men can't get over the first man can't get over the first heartbreak. They can't get over seeing the auntie or the grandma cheat Like they can't see no, like if you've seen ho shit or what you perceive is hoo shit as a as a young adult, or you got your heart broken.
Speaker 2: In high school.
Speaker 3: They don't think bitches are hosts forever, Like, don't let the bitch in the seventh grade cheat on him. He's like, bitches his home since till her fifty. I see this all the time. I'm like, my nigga, she was also in seventh grade. Her hormones were raging, Like, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about? I see this. I just have a data guy who's like, yeah, my aunt cheated on her man. You don't know what that man did to her. Live You're fucking leave your aunt out of this. My excell and his daddy is the woman of the night. It's literally, men have this one. This is the problem with the patriarchy.
Speaker 3: The problem with the patriarchy is they feed you this bullshit about women being hose and laying on their back and you not a hope, but she a hoe and you she can't have kids, but you can have kids and then you see that one thing that you think is whole shit when you're in the tenth grade, and you can never recover from it, because to men, the worst thing you can have is a whole. Even though they all love hose, it's very confusing. I love the hose, but they won't marry them.
Speaker 5: But you say you love the hose, but you don't marry that's if that's it.
Speaker 2: But then they cheat on their wives with the hose. So it's just it's just this weird cycle.
Speaker 5: But I think, but that don't mean the one you cheating as a hoe. I mean because he cheated with you, that she might not, she might have done this before. I mean, hoe is different to me. The hose is you know, a hoe doing something you're paying or you know, you know, I mean, I know the difference. I mean, I guess I've been out there. Man, I've seen them too. I've seen them lot. Trust me and my playing pro football doing the things I've done. I mean, I've done nothing like I'm really like, oh, I'm a shaming I did that? No, I mean, but I know how men think. I mean, men don't want they don't want no girl that everybody's ran through. I'm sorry women, think if you, if you tell it people, I will never forget. I want to play. Get this girl, I want to play. We're going to we're going through one of the vegas some kind of way that the topic came up of sex. And she was twenty two years old. We'll never forget this. And I don't know how I say. I said, how many? How many guys you've been with? I'm just I don't know. I don't know how to how we have it? How was worded? And she said she was twenty two. She said she been able to with forty men. My mind went, funny, man, if I could have had the thing over my head, I'm like, fudy, I'm like, that's so at that point, I hadn't had funny women. I don't think. I'm like if I did, so what I'm like, I swear, I'm like, oh, hell no, I can't get rid of this a whole hell. I mean, that's what I'm saying. I see girls say I've been with one hundred and fifty guys.
Speaker 2: Got say, what that's the problem? How is relative? Is it twenty? Is it one? Who? Like I needed? Where's the wizard holekeeper that says your age.
Speaker 3: There a whole calculator dot com.
Speaker 2: We might need to make that.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what man. Men may take. They may take the number eight, they may take the number ten, guys eight, whatever, but they ain't They're not going to go No. Thirty forty fifty. I mean think about that. You think about what I just said. You're a woman. How about we line up fifty guys outside. You've been fifty men and let all fifty of them come in at one time.
Speaker 2: That's not reality, reality how it happens.
Speaker 5: But reality is you. You're twenty some years old, you have fucked forty men, and you think that all right, you walk into a room.
Speaker 2: Well, I also, okay, this is just like the I have to put on my like you know, like my feminist and protecting a woman.
Speaker 5: How I got you. I'm a man, I'm protect me.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of times the women that have who are sharing their bodies in this way, it's for like, it's because there's something that's happened. It's not just because they just like fucking. It's there's a dissociation that's happening. There's a numbing that's happening. There's a there's something that they're trying to fill, not just their whole, like something else, you know, and and it's it's not it's typically not just black and white, like she woke up and was birthed a hoe, you know, like and a lot of times, guess whose fault it was, daddy's a sometimes it is, Yes, it was daddy's fault, and it was a man's fault as to why where she felt unprotected And now this is how she shares herself. So it's not always just oh, she's just a hoe that hole over there, like, No, there's things that have happened, and we have to have more empathy and sympathy for this person. And I do believe that a whole can turn into a housewife.
Speaker 5: I don't They can turn into a housewife. You can turn to, but you're not gonna take a real hole that's like for like for the streets. And turns out she can do that. It can happen. But I'm gonna tell you that that stigma is going to follow her for the rest of her life. And nobody may know it, but the guys who saw her and knew her back then, And I could be eighty five years old. Boy, that was like my Grandfa said, that was a big old hole over there. You know so and so is.
Speaker 3: Now they got cameras and videos. Tell the kids get the fuck off those cameras, these cameras.
Speaker 5: Because when I did stuff, it was no cameras and video. You can say, man, you should have been the you should have saw it. But now you go back, you can pull it up. You know, look at you. That's your grandma, man, look at her to this what she look at little man, that's your grandma. Man, Look at your grandma was fine when she was young. I mean that's the problem. All this stuff. You can see it now back in the day, you have to just imagine it. So hey, like I said me, I'm just a real nigga. So still young, but I mean I'm old, but I'm still still real nigga. I'm still that same guy.
Speaker 2: You do have a point.
Speaker 3: A lot of times, the non present daddies are are are breeding women who have abandonment issues and are seeking love and validation through their pussy because of lack of guidance because they don't have they don't know, they don't have the tools. They're just filling a void because they're wanting something emotional to be filled, but they're filling it with physicality. And as a father of two daughters, one of which, did you feel like you've experienced that at all in high school because of that that beginning rough patch with your father's relationship. Do you feel like in that in your high school or college years that you found validation?
Speaker 2: And of course I've talked about it. I've talked about my promiscuity and my I had sex early, like I, I lost my virginity when I was thirteen.
Speaker 3: Did you think that that like, I mean, I understand too, because me too. But did you feel like that was replacing something or like filling that void like that male that male attention you know always.
Speaker 2: Like I don't. I don't think that I realized then, but now as an adult looking back on that, Yes, that's why I said. That's why I'm saying I have to put that hat on because as someone whose father wasn't around much when I was a child, and I didn't have male guidance. Besides, the male that was in my household didn't take on that role of father with me. I didn't I didn't know anything about men. I just knew that men paid attention to me, or boys paid attention to me. I always got attention from boys. I didn't know what to do with that. There was no one saying like, don't do that. And I was like, well, I'm not this. This feeling is unfamiliar and it feels good. So I'm going to go. I'm gonna lead. I'm gonna go with that. And I remember I remember in high school someone calling me a hope and I've been like and being like, oh shit, am I hope? Really? Huh? I mean obviously, like these are things that boys say to girls, no matter what you can with one guy. Everybody know what I mean. But we know as women, as young girls, we know what that word does to us. We know what that means to us, especially at that age when our reputation is just beginning and we feel like, oh my god, I can I delete my wholes? Like oh shit, Like I actually I didn't know that was your friend from the you know, the high school down the way, you know, And now I'm a hoe because I slept at you and I slept at you, and oh my god, I'm a hoe now, you know. And you know I think that I've had to have a journey of like how I experience men in my life. And it didn't just end in high school like it ended in probably when we began this show and we started talking about our dating life, and we were very open about having casual sex and dating and being like I don't like kind of being like a nigga, Like I don't really give a fuck about that man. I'm about to go have fun and whatever, Like I'm dating five people at one time, and whoever is gonna be the man that's for me is gonna be the man for me. But I've had to come into my own realization and my own self respect around how I share my body. Now do I like? Have people called me a hoe for talking? I've been called a hole in so many different ways talking about sex on the internet. I've been did not people have stopped dating me because of how I talk about my sex life on the internet. So that's why I think that word is relative. And as your daughter as someone who has been called that, and I don't identify as necessarily like, I don't. I don't take on that energy because I don't. I don't view hoe as like I know that there's like levels levels to.
Speaker 5: This, ship, levels to this I'm saying levels, But I.
Speaker 2: Think that like a lot oftentimes women that are experiencing exploring their freedom and their and their sexuality in similar ways that men do. Oftentimes, Yeah, we're labeled a hoe and we're trying to figure it out, just like y'all are trying to figure it out. And we're not given the same amount of grades, so we're not given him out of that forgiveness and we have now we wear this hoe jacket no matter where we go. You know, that nigga from fifty years ago is on the porch and he's calling me a hoe when I've probably like a haven't slept with anybody in thirty years or maybe been married for forty years, but somehow that has still is still carrying on with me because this person knew me in high school and I slept with a few of his homies. You know. Like, I just think that it's we have to give each other more grace and forgiveness. And like Dad, I know you come from a certain time I do, and you know you feel how you feel and that's and that's fair. I just think that, Yeah, like as some as as a now as a mother who is who has a daughter, and I think about, you know, irie she's turning eleven and entering into this space of starting to like boys and her friends starting to like boys, and just like you know, again like not wanting to repeat history because you know, I am a single mom in some capacity, and her dad is aroundish, you know, more so than I would say maybe you were at that age for me. But I don't know the type of conversations that he's having with her about boys, probably none at all. I don't know what kind of like how she views him and how that's going to uh like reflect how what kind of boys or men that she chooses. I know, for me, I've historically chosen men that are very alpha like you, that are very like that people have high regard for, that kind of like people are scared of sometimes, you know, like I generally like the man who I'm talking about essentially not all the time, but yes, yes, and and that has not served me well.
Speaker 3: If you were gonna give a young lady advice who's listening right now, who may be at the beginning of the twenties journey, the beginning of the whole journey, because it's usually starts around sixteen if for me or like, and you know, it took us all these years to talk literally out loud in public and to each other to kind of come to the conclusion that, you know, like we've gone extreme, like been mannished and said, fuck y'all, I'm gonna do what you do and I'm gonna do that, and like we've come to this other you know, like.
Speaker 2: Would we say hope first, heal later, heal first, hold later.
Speaker 3: That's our motto, heal first, hold later, whereas we hold first and we healed later. But what advice would you give to a young woman who's maybe listening, who maybe doesn't have her father in her life or has that attention and maybe hasn't equated that that yet to avoid ten years of hotem?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what advice would I give to a young woman who who doesn't have a father in her life and needs to avoid the hotem yeah.
Speaker 3: Or maybe or hasn't gone through the full journey yet. Like if you could give advice that wouldn't have to take two elves to fifteen years to get to the point where we've figured out that we should have healed first and hold later and probably not hold first and healed later.
Speaker 2: What would you say? You don't you know why I can't. I could give advice, but I also know that girls that age don't fucking listen, you know, Like I could.
Speaker 6: Say, like love yourself, like maybe if you can go see the college counselor you know, like or just like look at yourself and your body and masturbate for you. Like I can say all those things, and you should maybe do those things. But ultimately, like you know, maybe this conversation is helpful, but ultimately, like they're gonna your girls that age, there was nothing, absolutely nothing that you could have told me.
Speaker 2: I thought I was grown at sixteen. Yeah, And I know I know you felt the same way too. Yeah. And I was just talking to my dad about my sister and saying, like, when you're at a certain age, like there's really like there's a I feel like there comes a time in every young woman's life where she rebels against her parents, and sometimes it happens later and sometimes it happens earlier. For me, it was my teens, Like I was like, you can't tell me shit, mom, I'm sorry you no. And that went on for a while, you know, so like I could sit here and put my aunts he had on, but ultimately, like you're you have to figure your shit out. You have to figure it out. And ultimately, like sometimes it might take that boy calling you a hoe for you to be like, oh shit, wait what am I doing? Hold on? But what does it din't feel good? You know, you have to know what feels good to you? Does it feel good to you? Do you feel good after you leave? Do you feel good after you've had that that interaction? Because I know for me, when I was younger and I was exploring sex and stuff, like generally I didn't. I didn't feel good afterwards. I felt sad because he didn't call me, or like he didn't text me enough, or like now he's flirting with my friend, you know, and so you know, so like go with how you feel. If it doesn't feel good, then fucking stop. How about that? Because I didn't all the time. I was like, all right, well let me try again, like actually love me like me please? Well that's it. I think that's that's what a lot of us do.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, what we've kind of programmed to do is like convince convince someone to love me, or like maybe like there's a level of like I'm going to make you see my worth versus having the worth and saying fuck that. You know that didn't feel good, But I mean, yeah, you're absolutely right, because probably nobody could have told me shit.
Speaker 2: I'm sure many people try to tell me shit and I was like fuck you.
Speaker 3: So it is like a trial and error that you have to go through on your own. I do feel like this younger generation is like more deep, and they're more like I'm want to breathe and stuff effect, and then I'm a masturbate because I know those words from the Internet.
Speaker 2: So like maybe we're just we're just in the we have a lot more information. Yeah, we didn't have We didn't we had our friends giving us advice. Horrible, we had fourteen year olds telling us advice.
Speaker 3: I was I was reading the coldest winter ever and wanting to do home shit.
Speaker 2: Now I can look out a carousel and be like, oh, yeah, that's smart. I shouldn't do that. Yep, Nope, we shouldn't do that. I can look at a TikTok and be like, oh damn, that's a horror story. I really don't want to do that. Whereas before, like you didn't. We didn't have those. So I think luckily like our kids and the kids you know younger than them have it's like a double edged sword. It's like they have two much information, but then they have a lot of information where they can actually decide and what they want in a more clear way when it comes to that. So, yeah, that's my advice.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I'll say this much here. You're right, I was not around a lot because of me and your mother's just me and your mother's situation, and that was a lot of it was for me on me, you know, just my immaturity as a as a young man, an athlete, you know, doing that, and you know I didn't I didn't see the responsibility factor. And then I won't forget my mother. Byola, your grandmother told me, she said, she said, that's not that baby's fault. I said, that's you and man's fault. She didn't ask to be here, you know, but you couldn't tell me that. I mean, and I've told young guys just before. I said, man, look, I know you you hate the mom and all that kind of stuff, but it'll come a time where you regret not spending time with your daughter. I said, oh, your son, I said, it just it just happens. I say, all of a sudden, it's if you if you're a real human being and want to be a good person, I say, you will have a lot of regrets. And I have a lot. I have a lot of regrets with that, but I have you know, I can't. I can't do it over and don't do over us. I like to do is apologize for for me not being there at those in those in those crucial times. And yeah, you you did need a dad, you did need a role model. And I think a lot of these girls they don't have that, but some of them, you know, some of them do have that, and they still do do the things they do. It's like it's like the preacher's daughter, the preacher's son. You know, they usually the wildest ones.
Speaker 2: That's because they're repressed, but still they got a moment that they still got a mom and dad.
Speaker 5: So you can use that excuse. They can use that excuse. I well, you know, I'm impressed or you know, my dad held me back, you know, but it is what it is. But I still say the same thing. You know, as a as a woman, you know your your body has value to a man. You want a woman that that hasn't been used up. I mean, look, when you're young, we do a lot of things, all of us, you know, and I'm not you know, women being I mean I get it, but you can't keep doing the same thing when you get twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine the level of responsibility. But you still have women doing that, especially today, because you see it on the internet. I mean things they probably did it back then, but we didn't see it. You know, you see it. It's certain things you can't unsee. It's things that I'm sure some girls have done on these podcast on these on these Twitter and all that kind of stuff that now they have kids and they're like, wow, I wish I wouldn't have did that. I wish I want to post it myself doing that because my kids, my kids friends see that. You know, little boys see that, other little girls see that, other parents see that. And like, you're not trying to get admission from anyone else, but you got to feel good about something you do. And that's what it comes down to. Do I feel good about myself. I mean, it's I can tell you from even the man, you know, we do stuff you sleep with a girl like, man, what the hell was I doing that for my I mean, just we have regrets too, but we're men. I mean, and I'll say it again, I mean, I mean to be disrespectful. We can wipe y'all off. You can't wipe us off.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've seen It's funny because we were talking about now then I saw it. I saw it on the internet where you can have a guy that's just dated a girl, say dated, she dated a couple of guys and it was one guy she she was within ten years. She was that number ten years and she but she married Tom over here. But damn, that baby looked just like Bill, you know, even though it's his baby, but she looked just like him because his DNA is still in her. That that's that's one of the things. I mean. So you have to think about all that kind of stuff, and I know that's that's deep. But you a young kid, a young girl, a young boy, you're not thinking about all that kind of that's not stuff you're thinking about the moment. Man, Man, I want to do this. I want to get a girl like, oh yes, I'm liking this here you know, he's paying me some attention. That's what you want. But you know, like I always say, you know, things have consequences. They do. They have consequences for all of us men too, me. You know, any you used to do certain things you has a consequence. It's like it's like grabbing a woman on the ass. You grab on the ass, you slap in the face. What you think gonna happen, you know, or she put us up choice, but you think it's gonna happen. Those are the kind of things you have to It's consequences. But you know, and I'm always saying this here, I love women. I think there's nothing more beautiful than a woman, a good especially a good looking woman. You know, I ain't gonna lie. I'm there's still life, still got good looking women. None more beauty than a woman's body. I mean, I think it's just it's the most fabulous thing ever. And her virtue of being an effeminine woman, not a woman that's talking about I'm a boss bitch man, a bitch booby by yourself. You know, give me a woman, Give me a woman, you know, a real woman that that that wants to help and be you know, be with her man and do do right by her man and vice versa. Don't get me wrong. Like I said, I say this to both of y'all, man, men, it's not it's not that we the men that cheat. It's not that we go out planning that she. Some guys do. But good man, you're not. Man. I'm go winding up and get me something tonight. I can't know. Sometimes it's just like talking on this bitch. I got a good room at home, and you know it. You know, you know you love everything about your woman, but you still go get up and like I say, at that moment, he knew he fucked up, and it happens.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Well thank you for sharing that.
Speaker 5: Dad. You're welcome. You know. I love you more than anything.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 5: I love you, I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you too. And I'm proud of you person. And I'm proud of our relationship. I'm proud of how far we've come in our relationship. And and I forgiven you. I forgave you a long time ago. You know, I talked about this on our last episode when you came and you know, you shared with me like you fucked up.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: I mean and and and but but that was just the beginning. And it's taken time, and it's taken years for that too, for me to accept that, believe that and release it, you know, and some of that has been like through us. I mean, like two years ago, Sylvia shout out to Sylvia Costa Rica. She told me that I needed to tell my dad to my dad needed to take me on a trip and plan the whole thing, and then I needed to be his like like his his little girl, Like he needed to click the location, he needed to like set up the dinners, he needed to set up the activities, and I just show up. And so I remember I called my dad about this and I was like so nervous to ask him and be like, Dad, so the switch and told me that I need to be your little baby and you need to like set up this this weekend for us, and like you didn't hesitate at all. You were like, okay, no problem, and we did it. And I remember feeling really nervous to do it, even though like, of course we've spent time together, but we hadn't like spent a week and alone together in a long time like that. And I was going to say we should do that against him.
Speaker 5: Yea, the same thing, we do it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I appreciate the effort that you've made in wanting to mend and repair our relationship because it is it is important. It is important for a woman and a young woman to have a relationship with her father, especially if he especially if he's open and willing, and it's not always going to be perfect and it's not perfect, and that's okay, and you know, but it's been extremely healing for me because there were because when I was a teenager, I was having a hard time. I was having a hard time with boys, I was having a hard time with men, and I was alone in it, and I was hiding a lot, hiding from my mom because I was embarrassed and ashamed and like she couldn't even fathom that I was having sex, you know, And I was seeking advice from my peers, and I was looking to I can't even say like media because now it's like I feel like it's it's so different now because there is there's definitely like an in some cases, like I don't want to say an agenda, but like there is like we've women who have felt unempowered, have taken their power back by championing ho shit in ways and championing because that is like the only way that they could take that power back. And it's been beneficial in ways, but it's also been very harmful in ways, especially for women that like don't have any way out of like finding the positive in it, and now it's just a dark hole of like negativity. I'm gonna get that niggas money. Fuck these niggas, Fuck all of them. I'm gonna get as many as I can, you know. And it's like, but you're actually doing harm to yourself. But I'm grateful that you've always been a place where I can come to you and talk to you about anything like I've I've I've shared more with you probably than I have with my mom at times, because you're not judgmental. And I know if you go back and tell her because now I'm now I'm a parent, Now I'm a parent, and I'm like, if I read told me some crazy shit, would I told her dad? I'm like, I don't know, maybe maybe not if you can handle it. But that has been really important to me. And also, like the relationship that you and my mom have has been really important to me because I never thought that I would see the day that you and my mom would be friends. My dad came to Thanksgiving this this year, to my mom's house by himself, just to come hang out with us, and that is like, I'm little Erica could have never fucking imagined that ever. And so like for the women that are listening that are in like really difficult challenging co parenting relationships or relationships with having a really challenging relationships with their father, like there is hope, there is space for that, and sometimes you won't get that. Sometimes it's just not possible. But I appreci She hate you, duddy, and I love you so much, and I think that you are a great father, even though I know sometimes you feel like you're are right.
Speaker 5: I do the best I can like that, but yeah.
Speaker 2: But you're the you are the best father for me. Like I chose you, You chose me, and I wouldn't want any other day.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks deal. I feel the same way. I mean, you know, one thing is glad. I'm glad that me and your mother had a relationship now because I can tell you it was bad. And I tell guys this all the time. I said, man, I'm saying, I'm just gonna be honest with you. I hate it, hated hated well.
Speaker 2: You in the plast podcast because I went to listen to it today. You said you had an unnatural hatred for my mother.
Speaker 5: I did, and you know, thinking about it, Eric, when you get older, I feel bad about that now. I really do. It's almost embarrassing to say it, because I Rihan was you know, she wasn't perfect, but you know, she was trying to be the best mom that she could be. And I understand that now. And a lot of times women do that. You know, they last shout at the man because they angry at the man because you know, they left or whatever they want to be with them. And man, it was just I was young.
Speaker 2: You know, why do you think you had such this unnatural hate? Like what is it? Where was it rooted in? Because you decided to leave? And like, what was it? The lack of contry? Like was it that she was demanding things of you?
Speaker 5: In some parts yes and in some parts no. It was just it was you cannot explain being immature me And we're immature. We're immature beings, don't We don't see things the way women see, things were selfish. Men are very selfish's about us, especially when you're young or young. And I was country being in California, and if I forget my mother told me when I came out there, don't go out there and get one of them girls pregnant out there. And I'm like, oh, not going, that's what I did. What did I do? She said, don't do? And I can't put I can't put my finger on and just say this is the reason. But it was just a plethora of things. And you know, I was going to court all the time, suing me, and I mean, and I'm just it just made it almost goes back to the Judy Tillman thing where here we go where a girl is aft, you know, done me wrong, and I just cannot get over it. And you know, and I mean, I mean, I gotta say for myself, you know, I'm glad I'm putting that that person. But when I didn't like you, I hated you, I wouldn't let it go. If I had a chance to get you back, I'm gonna get that motherfucker. That's what I'm gonna get your I'm gonna get your ass back. I promise you might not nothing, but I'm gonna get your ass. And I'm glad that I never did get your mama back like that because it's not fair to you. I won't forget. I talked to my one of my my buddies about you, about your mom one day and he said, Eric, Man, he said, man, you can't hate that girl mama like they said that, that's just that, that's that baby's mama. Eric. And you were a little bit, you were a little bit of child mom. I said, man, I said that, he said, Eric. He said, man, one day you will see it. That's my boy bird he passed away. But yeah, I mean, and he was. He was right, he was, he was so right. So like I said, here we are thirty some years later, but you know, it is what it's like. I told me that when I was at the house, and we still laugh about it. And your mom we say, I won't forget. She said one day she said, one day, you mean you might be friends. I say, hell will be on freezeget. I told her that before we ever friends. And it's funny. I enjoy talking to your mom. You know, it'll be laughing talk. That's why I try to tell younger guys, just give it time. Sometimes, just give it time. I mean, it might be bad right now, but that is the mother of your daughter, your son, and she's trying to be a good mom in spite of sometime us our foolishness. And I got to say my foolishness, you know, and you got And that's the thing about me. I'll loan up to what I do. If I say something that I think is wrong, but I've done something wrong, I don't know the problem saying it. I mean I think I was wrong. I was most definitely wrong in that situation.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you both, you know, being vulnerable about your relationship. I mean seven years ago now, I know that it can be a sore spot. But I think this conversation other women need to hear it. May they may not ever get that apology or that understanding from their fathers that maybe weren't there, but this, really, this, this conversation can be so deeply healing for people listening, and like also just you being vulnerable and keeping it real like I was immature and I didn't know better and apologizing and taking accountability. And sometimes it's not some deep shit it's just like I didn't know better.
Speaker 5: And that's batter. I called you, I say, Eric, I said, give me your mom's phone number. You said, what you want. I want to talk to your mom about something. I'll never forget it. I called your mother, I said, I say in this error she said here was I can tell you she was nervous because you know I called. I'm calling the car the tailouts, I said, I said, it's Eric. She said, what's up? Eric? I said, I want to talk to you about something, I said. She said, okay, what I said, I want to say this to you. I said, First of all, I want to say thank you for being a good mother to Erica. And I said, I want to apologize for the stuff that I've done. I said, so I just want to pol say that just because you're a good mom. I said, I just want to say I'm sorry. And she said, Eric, I cannot believe you. I said, I told her me either. We laughed about it. So you know that's that's how that's that was. That was a change in me. That's when I knew I changed. I mean, I just knew. I said, I feel different about her mother. I mean, I don't wish your mother no ill will. I wish the best for my mother. She's done things for me. I've done things for her and things that you could never say I would. I would never do that. But you know, like think going to Thanksgiving, man, I told you, I told her I had such a good time. I had a great I had a great time over there.
Speaker 2: I had dinner with my parents for the first time this year, for actually the first time having dinner with them ever in my whole fucking life, I've never had dinner with my mom and dad and it was for my birthday. And uh, And what I realized at that dinner, though, was y'all needed to go to dinner. I was just kind of sitting there. They were talking tho whole I was just like and then at times I was like, Okay, this is a lot of information. I don't need to know all of this. But I am grateful that I can even scream at whatever you guys are sharing, because I never thought that I would be able to experience that, like literally, that was not even on my Bingo card of life ever, I had already written that off. I was more so just hoping to have a relationship with you. I was not even thinking about mending a relationship with my mom and my dad. And I think it's really important too that I'm grateful for it because I'm I feel like there's a lot of healing that I don't even think Iri is Iri is even aware of, you know, like she gets to see that too, and it's normal for her. She doesn't even know anything different, you know. And and I think, and I think that even like in our last episode, like my relationship with her father has evolved a lot.
Speaker 5: Time.
Speaker 2: It is what it is, but but there's respect and there's just like, you know, acceptance. I think more so if there's just an acceptance, he's still guess, oh my goddamn nerves, but there's an acceptance. And the other day I told him, I was like, I love you, I love you. I want the best for you. I hope the best for you.
Speaker 5: He'll get more mature as time goes on. Maturity comes with age for a man to we're so immature, Like I won't forget when people used to say women mature faster than me. And I'm like, that's a lie. I mean, you know, because I mean, come on, women on me, but for real, they do y'all are so much more mature and adult like than me and are We're both sometimes we're boys? Do we thirty five forty years old? Really we like little kids. And and I's why I say, I said, just give you some time. I say, Freddy, he'd be like like me, like, damn, what was that? That was just dumb? You know that, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Hear that, Freddy, make that clicking? Don't do that? Well?
Speaker 3: Do you have an affirmation for us today?
Speaker 5: And like things that I think living about, I live my life by well. My dad had a saying. He had two says that I really didn't understand at the time, and I always say this when I'm talking to people. One of his things was he says, sonn, it takes a second to get in trouble in a lifetime to get out, which is true because you think about it, just say like, I'm twenty two years old, got me a brand new car, Arriot or whatever. I'll drink with my buddies, go out, leave the club. He didn't kill somebody, didn't take long, did it? I took a second. My whole life is changed. And that took a second. And I didn't get that at first, and then I got it, believed it or not. After he passed away, and my dad passed away when I was young, I was seventeen and then But the one that gets me the most is he says, son, all these you do do what you might things done by halves and never done right.
Speaker 2: What's all that you do do with your mic things and halves are never done right?
Speaker 5: Ye, never done right? He said, all you do do is one hundred percent. And I take that and I always do it just like that, you know, and I believe that. I mean business, playing football, all of it. I mean, I didn't want to be second to anyone that was. That was my thing. But you know, and I tell people that, I say, you know, you got to do it one hundred percent. You know, if you don't, like my dad said, look, if you're gonna be if you're gonna be the janitor, to be the best janitor is. You know, if you're gonna be a businessman, be the best businessman there is, you're gonna be a drive, would be the best driver there is. And so that's what I try to live my life by. You know, I'm not perfect by no means. Trust men, I like.
Speaker 2: That daddy, you pick a card. It's terror time. Two swords of swords, two swords. We have a woman I think blindfolded water behind her calling two swords like wakandah mm hmm, about to find out what do you think it means? Just looking at it?
Speaker 5: Like what I know that?
Speaker 2: Don't like to drink it or get it?
Speaker 5: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see. The internet is moving very slow.
Speaker 2: Let me see. Okay, here we go. Two of swords.
Speaker 3: The two of swords indicates that you're facing a challenging decision, but you're unclear about which option to take. Both possibilities may seem equally good or equally bad, and you're stumped about which will lead you to the best outcome. You must be able to weigh up the pros and cons of each choice and then make a conscious judgment. Use both your head, your mind, and the intellect and your heart you're feeling intuition to choose the path that is most in alignment with your higher self. This might be far our bad choice of the week, and in reading, it may be helpful to draw further two cards for either side of the two swords to show what is in your trying to decide upon your balance. You may also like to draw for four more cards for the pros and cons of each choice. The woman in this card where's blindfold, indicating that she cannot see the entirety of her circumstances. You may lack the information you need to make the right decision. You may be missing something such as the threats or potential risks, alternative solutions, or critical pieces of information that would help guide you in a particular direction. Once you remove the blindfold and see the situation for what it really is, you will be in a much better position to find your.
Speaker 2: Best path forward.
Speaker 3: Research your options, seek outside opinions and feedback, and ask yourself what you might be missing.
Speaker 2: Hmm, Okay, do you have any decisions you have to make?
Speaker 5: Always something? Trust me always?
Speaker 2: Okay, Dad, Well, thank you. I did want to ask you about bad Bunny. Did you enjoy the Super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Uh? The game was boring as hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the gay I didn't watch the game at all. That we watched the halftime show.
Speaker 5: You didn't watch it at all?
Speaker 2: Are you boycotting it on purpose?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something the bathroom. Let me tell you something about your dad. Uh, I'm not a music person at all.
Speaker 2: You always say that don't like music.
Speaker 5: The only time I listen to music, honestly, it's on the golf course of putting my thing.
Speaker 2: So are you silent in the car?
Speaker 5: Dead silent?
Speaker 2: I remember anything you listening to music?
Speaker 5: Think about it. No, I don't really listen to music.
Speaker 2: I said. I do b IG's lyrics, not the rapper himself.
Speaker 5: I listen to music, yeah, man, I used to kind of, but you know, as I got older, the music has changed so much. You know, it's like it just ain't the same. And I just, I really, I don't listen to it that much. So No, the last half time show I watched the one when Snoop, Doctor, Dre fifty and Eminem perform. I watched a little bit of that, but like last year's was Mars his name, Yeah, I didn't. I didn't watch that, I mean, not til I boycott it. I just, I mean, I'm just I don't sit and watch it.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many messages I have got from strangers from friends from the internet about you talking to tm Z about Benito and how I have had to defend your honor but also text you like that. Can you please talking to Stop talking. They're doing it on purpose to try and catch you with the airport. Stop talking to them and saying stupid ship, daddy.
Speaker 5: I feel.
Speaker 2: How do you feel?
Speaker 5: This is? This is how I feel about it. First of all, I don't know who bad Bunny is. I ain't know bugs Bunny, Easter Bunny, I don't I don't know. I don't know bad no Bunny. It don't make no difference to me. Let me tell you something. First of all, I love Latin people.
Speaker 2: I know you have a Latino daughter. I am thank you. Your daughter is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so so. There's nothing of there's nothing to do with that. My thing is this and I'm always for right and wrong and I'm not saying this is. Everybody has that right and wrong. And let me tell you something. First of all, I never kill people think about me. That's why I say what I say. It's my truth and I believe it and I'm not gonna try to hurt anybody's feelings. But my Lord and saves the most important thing to me. If man this is man, this this is they care more about clicks than anything. I don't give a damn by a click I would even know how to get on the look at a click. So anyway, when people say something, I don't know what they say, so it they't fake it don't fit to affect me. My thing is this, If you don't like the United States, if you want to say stuff, if you don't want to stand up for the national anthem, you know at the baseball game and he did, you know, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't. Don't do anything here, you know, don't. I don't, Yes, hold on that you finisht me finish, Let me finish. You know, if if the f Ice, I get it. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Ice is doing everything perfect, but you have to have you have to do what Obama had Ice.
Speaker 3: We didn't see none of this shit in the news either.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. See that's the problem. That's that's it, That's what it is.
Speaker 3: I think there's maybe a more tactical, more humane way of going about it.
Speaker 5: I'm not in I'm not in the I'm not in the politics. But you know what, even biblically, you go by the law of the land. It's just the way right. I'm just saying over that, like, can I finish and let me finish, let me say what I gotta say, then you can say what you gotta say the law of the land. And I've said again, are they doing it right? There's no way to do it right. You can It's it's impossible to do this right. It's an impossible task because you have too many people that have become You can't do it right. It's just you. You can't. It's not gonna be everybody's not gonna be happy. That's like saying everybody loves sugar. Everybody don't love sugar. My thing is this, you know, if if you say stuff that is derogatory about the US. Look, the US ain't no place perfect, no place is. You can't go you can't go to you can't go to Mexico and burn their flag. You can't go to Iran and burn their flag. You can't go to China and burn their flag. You can't. I mean, it's just things you should not do it flags. Sam. I'm just saying, this is the stuff that goes on that they you know that that that they that they've done and he's done it too. Since I stumped stumped on the American flag. Look, Benito, Benito, whatever his name is, Benito, I don't know. I mean, like I say me personally, I don't care about no bad bunny. Bad bunny don't care about me. I don't care about bad. He asked me a question how I feel about it? And they telling about Will you know, Uh, Puerto Rico is US pre Puerto Rico is US territory, just like Guam is. They can't vote for the president. They can't vote not'm because.
Speaker 2: Of a wazu. They're not giving those rights. But they guess what they do. Guess what they can do. They can go to the military and go fight for this country. They gotta pay taxes. They use the US dollars.
Speaker 5: I'll say it again, it's not US territory. But hey, that's that's that's neither hearing nor that my my thing.
Speaker 2: It is US territory.
Speaker 5: It's US territories of states, right, it's US terrorists. Is US territory they ask for that. It is US territory. But anyway, forget that. Like I said me, personally, I don't man, I don't know what to give it. Damn, I just think this, you know, My main thing is about this is I don't like. Football is football. Football is as an American sport. It's first football, it's back baseball. Don't put politics into football. Let it be football. Lead that stuff from place elf. You want to go to concerts like like just like the girl Billie Eili's get to talking about you're still in the land. Who wants to hear that? I mean, who wants to now they're talking about the people saying that, oh you got your house on i WI land and now they want the house. I mean, football is football. Let's just play football and just.
Speaker 2: No, they have nothing, not consistently, but but yes they have.
Speaker 5: They started this crap erica in the last like eight to ten years. This this this nonsense. And the players we feel the same way. A lot of players feel like I feel like lead that lead that ship over there. Let's just playing football. Just get a group out there. Look if he if he speaks Spanish, that's fantastic. I think Spanish is a sexy language. But you know what, you ain't got it. Like like Shakiro she did, she did English and Spanish. We find do some English, but you're gonna say I'm gonna do my whole concern in Spanish. You got four months, you got hold on and got let me finish. You got four months to learn Spanish. Hey, that's on them. If the NFL wants to do that, that's fine. That's how I feel about it. That's how a lot of that's how a lot of players occurred and retired feel about it. But you know what, they ain't got no, they ain't got no choice. But that's just that's that's that's my take on. Like I said, bad body, don't. You don't give a damn about me, and I don't give a damn about him. That's how I feel about it. I mean really, And they fans like they can post stuff, think gotta read that ship? No ship, that's it. So what they say about your dad, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I could give I'm not gonna tell you that a lot of good.
Speaker 5: I'm glad they do. Like I said, you don't. My main thing is, I say it again, my relationship with my Lord and save you. I don't care about none of that. I don't care about day they say whatever they want to say about me, because you know what, one day all of them are going to stand before him just like I am. And be judged. I don't judge nobody. I'm not judging this man. By no means am I judging him, So don't say I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: What I just want to address a few things. First of all, I have a question, Yes, what is the official language of America?
Speaker 5: English?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did, they did it recently then this last two years.
Speaker 5: So what's the official There was no language there.
Speaker 2: Was that happened recently because forty million people in America speak Spanish. America is indigenous. America is indigenous land. This is English is not native to this land. Number one. Number two Bad Bunny is one of the biggest streamed artists in the world across all genres, not just Latin. So him being there is like it makes sense because he's the biggest streamed artist in the world, not just within South America or Latin America, that this is the whole world, okay. Number two. Puerto Rico. Yes, it's not a state, but it is US territory. They pay taxes, they have to go fight in wars for US, and they contribute to the economy. They use the US dollar in Puerto Rico. There's no Puerto Rican dollar and it's the equivalent to the US dollar here. So I just like the fact. And because so many people speak Spanish, just because we don't, I mean, I know, I know what BENEATHO saying, because sooy Latina battle. Just because everybody else doesn't doesn't mean that he doesn't have a right to be on that stage. And of course, yes they've used it as a political statement, because yes, the NFL has the NFL has chosen to make political statements, has chosen to use that forum as a place for political statements. Now with Ice, what the are doing is crazy, Dad, it is I don't you can say like there's no good way of doing it. They are literally just pulling people off the street that just look Latino or that took Latino. They can be black. They're pulling black people off the streets. Like this is the beginning of not the beginning. We're already in it of just everyone just losing their rights thereabouts that they can enter your home without a warrant, Like it's so much deeper than just we have to get the illegals out.
Speaker 3: And we have to talk about law, because historically America's law has not as much as it's been lawful or been the law we've seen Hence slavery, hence Jim Crow, hence the civil rights Those were laws too, but they didn't benefit some people's human rights. And so when we see that, we have to speak up because we as black people not that very long ago, especially you coming from Texas.
Speaker 2: You know they was using the laws you went to just like create a school, some function, to do some function.
Speaker 3: These niggas be doing the function the government, the US government beyond some functionhit some racist function.
Speaker 2: And that's the truth.
Speaker 3: Even though slaves built this country, built the White House, built the wealth of America. Just because some shit is legal, don't mean I was gonna say it the see words.
Speaker 2: Let mean bring it back, let me bring it back. These crackers are crazy.
Speaker 3: You gotta watch them and you gotta check them. Hence the checks and the balances, and that's about to be out the door. So we need all the checks and the balances that we can get. Yes, Obama has probably had ice. There's always been federal agents that are in control of territory and immigrants. However, there's due process. You cannot just be fucking killing people and running people over and doing nutshit with people who are uneducated, need the money, don't have a fucking pot to piss, and the ice agents are getting a check for being dumb as fuck, fat, overweight, dumb, fucking teethless crackers and some other which.
Speaker 2: Is beyond me.
Speaker 5: Hispanic too, Hispanic black.
Speaker 3: You niggas really got you niggas. Look in the mirror, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. There's problems. It's not all it's the law. We can't rely on the law. No, it's because it's become beyond the line.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you, let me ask you a question. So it was kind of recorded to say recorded, we don't we don't know what the number is. So it's okay for the administration before to let in fifteen million undocumented people. Is that okay?
Speaker 2: I feel like God made the land.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that's that's that's the quest. I mean, is it okay to have think about this undocumented you know? You know? Matter of fact, I'm gonna tell you a story. Matter of fact. When I was in Super Bowl, a guy gave me a ride. He was uber driving some turkey. He speaking, he was pretty good, and I asked him, I said, so, how long you have been in the United statesy I've been here seven years. I mean seven years. And I said, well, I say, do you like it? He said yes, he said yes. He said, I said, you have your he said, he stopped. He said, let me tell you something. He said, I'm not telling you what i've heard. I'm telling you how it works. He says, I've been here seven years. I just got my official card or whatever to be a US citizen four months ago today my daughter was born. To day, my day my dad died. He says that what they're doing is he says, I know for a fact because I knew some of these guys. He said, they let in thirty nine criminals from Turkey. He say criminals. He said, I'm not talking about He said, I'm talking about killers, criminals. He said, they got their stuff right away. He said, it took me seven years. He said, they're letting the criminals in. He says, that's not right. He said, I can tell he was frustrated. He said, that's not right. But this my question. I said, so, I said, okay to let in fifteen million. And I'm like going to say, it's no perfect way to do it. Do it perfect? But is it okay? Letting? And now And this is why I always tell people it don't affect you to it affects you if somebody would do something to you, Erica or my granddaughter, of my kids from undocumented even if here I mean, I don't give a damn who it is.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: It could be undocumented, it could be an American.
Speaker 5: Either way, it does make a difference when it's it's like, this guy has a record of doing this in just say Russia. I'm gonna use that he has a he has a record of being a rapist and a murderer in Russia. But that's what I'm asking. But but, but, but what I'm saying is I'm.
Speaker 2: To say, but that that that that percentage is so small, that it is that percentage is so Smallida kids, and that percentage is so small, and and and it's and they use it as propaganda to then paint this picture that all illegal and that most of the illegal undocumented immigrants are our criminals are all these different things are, but have no problem putting them in positions in jobs that nobody else wants to do. And it's just like this is I don't know, I feel like I need more informed to I need to I don't want to speak and not have the right information. But no, I do not think that we should have fifteen million undocumented people in here. Do I think those fifteen million people are criminals? No, I do not do. I believe that there needs to be people need their due process, and there needs to be better laws in order for people to get residency, get their green card, all those things. Absolutely, But I think that this administration has villainized immigrants. And I think that the white agenda is so strong because they are actually the minority and they know that worldwide, and there's a sense of fear that has come into place. And I also think, Daddy, that you play golf off with a lot of white people that back to that. But there's a lot of whites and they be saying ship that might make a lot of sense to you, but it's not the truth.
Speaker 5: They don't bring They don't even bring up politics.
Speaker 2: It's not the true.
Speaker 5: They don't bring up politics.
Speaker 2: Can we just make a promise? Can we just do a promise? I need you to make a promise to me. Can you please, Daddy, for the love of fucking God, not talk to t m Z any more? Pinky promise?
Speaker 5: I promise I won't talk about bad bunny.
Speaker 2: You don't need to talk to about nothing no more. That is that is the lowest of the lowest news source ever since Van Lathan left.
Speaker 5: Let me let me, let me tell you. Let me tell you something that I know for a fact. Media cannot be trusted.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: Politics came out, none of them. Politics came in. But you cannot trust the media because your dad has been part of that part. I've been villainized in the media. So I mean, I don't, I don't. I don't take anything they say as as gospel. My thing is is that, you know, I just feel like that, Yes, they probably skew the numbers for sure, but when you when you when you see Hillary Clinton, you see Obama, you see Bill Clinton talk about till I think it's two thousand and nine, in two thousand and twenty twenty, when they say the same thing that's happening right now, we cannot have the illegals here, We cannot do this. We have to deport them, we have to. I'm like, wow, now it's funny. I'm watching them say the same thing, and I'm not saying it's right by by. I'm saying keep this get this straight. I'm not saying it's right what that man is doing. By no means I think he's doing it right, by not at all. But how's it good for the goose? But it ain't good for the gander? That's what that's That's what I don't get. That's why I say the media you can't trust me. They they said it. Trump's saying it pretty much the same thing. But you know, it's just anything anything this man does. And I, like I said, I'm not in the politics because I'm gona tell you three things you can't agree on. You can't agree on religion, how to raise your kids in politics, those three you'll never win on. And so it's just it's just my opinion. And I mean, I'm not out of it. And you know, I'm a guy I've never voted. Never. I feel like it's a waste of time. You know. That's why I don't get into politics. I think I think all politicians are crooked is criminals. I think all of them are criminalist. I think Trump is crooked. I think Obama's crooked. I think Clanton is crooked. I think the Democrat Party is criokeet I think the Republican Party is crooked. I think, all I'm a crooked now. I believe that, and that's that's to me. That's that's my truth. I mean, you got people who won't talk to their family because you're a Democrat and I'm a Republican. How stupid that is ignorant to me? You think I will stop talking to you because because you're a Democrat, you'd like bad money. And I don't, absolutely not. I don't take it that serious. I think it's a fun conversation and something to talk about. Then if it gets too deep, I say, hey, these politics alone. I tell my friends, hey, let's get off these politics. Let's talk about something else. And that's it. So that's how that's that's how I feel. I mean, like I said, it ain't gonna never be done right. This this world is so corrupt, corruption, and it's all about money power, that's what it's about. And we know and we know, we know, man, we know, we know what I call him. I call him Mighty White Tea. You know, you know you know how he is. He ain't gonna let you take his power. Let me ask let me ask you, let me ask you this question, and this is one. I'm if it was all blacks coming in here, trying to come in from all niggas, you think that, you think they'd the houses and take them, take care of them for free. Hell, thank you. If it was just us, just but all I mean all us, they would be like shooting ass at the border. Ain't getting your black asser in here?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 5: Like what all that? Just like the at the White Hi when when they when they stormed the White House, if that was a bunch of niggas did that, it'd be they still be cleaning them up off the off the White House, damn right, whatever that does Congress steps. So anyway, that's that's how I feel. But I will promise you I will stay up TMD and I want be talking about bad money.
Speaker 2: I want it's recorded now.
Speaker 5: So there's certain things I'm gonna talk about now. I'm gonna talk about the NFL.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine about You have a Latina daughter, so I need you to chill.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, thank you. I love latinos.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, daddy, you like Latina women.
Speaker 5: You're right. I love the women. That's that. That's the truth. You got that right?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you lose them all if you're talking about bad money anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm old now anyway. Thank you, daddy, baby, thank you, thank you for having me. I love you. Good good seeing too.
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful that you came.
Speaker 3: If anyone hasn't listened to our episode with Eric seven years ago, what was it called the groupies?
Speaker 2: The football parenthood and groupies. I think i'll put it in the Lincoln Suscription.
Speaker 5: Group of the group is ain't changed, it an't.
Speaker 2: Got worse anyway. And my daddy don't really. He has social media, but he don't run in He just posted Bible verses over there anyway. It's kind of.
Speaker 5: Boring over the curt on social Just notice that I don't see it.
Speaker 2: Every time I see a post from you as a Bible verse.
Speaker 5: You got it above him.
Speaker 3: Now you know where to find us at Good Mom's Underscore, Bad Choices on Instagram. Please check out the Good Vibe or tree we have to retreats coming up. You can follow me at Mila Underscore map. You can follow me at Watch Erica.
Speaker 2: And we'll see you next week.
Speaker 5: You can follow me at TMZ.
Speaker 2: Bye. Yeah, it is so good. Can't you tell? I went through a drought. That's until I found a well. May might have been known art that used.
Speaker 4: To be broken tail now got the blues hands and might be Yon say Jill throat shots from Pop and his car wearing our voices. Patriarchy catch it in the box, So what's spoil? Women put the p and powers, So what's pointing?
Speaker 2: They want me to be good, so I make that choices.
Speaker 4: Bad mom, not a bad mom, but a bad mom it he's in on the cannabis in her bathbon walked in Boston's cap and I blewis.
Speaker 2: Cat boss hot dog.
Speaker 4: Now I'm immune to the cat called Herbie in the waisted straight.
Speaker 2: To it like a dollar sign.
Speaker 4: Mother, rent the lover when too what it is like a water summer where you're rent the winter essential will when the summertime? I do what doll ain't know one that needs to run it by