Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that play. Everyone talks about a concussion.
Speaker 2: You got concussion on that play.
Speaker 1: Remember they got hit by Cam Chancellor.
Speaker 2: That explains everything.
Speaker 1: We brought in per request, a four time Super Bowl champ, five time Pro bowler, he needs no introduction.
Speaker 2: Well why did you say five time Pro bowler and four time Super Bowl champ?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know why we got Roberto. We're gonna go back and look at another unbelievable game, one of our favorite games, super Bowl forty nine. First the Seattle Seahawks, our first Super Bowl victory.
Speaker 2: We had a roster. This was a special groove. Was our first. Everyone thought the Patriots dynasty was over. They thought Tom Brady worked on the legion.
Speaker 1: Oho, this was a generational great defense.
Speaker 2: Yes they were dogs who.
Speaker 1: Curse made that weird back catch. I'm not gonna lie at this point. I'm sitting here like this sucks. Man.
Speaker 2: How much time we're gonna get the ball? We're gonna go back out in the field. What type of place are you going to run? It was so crazy, I think I score right away.
Speaker 1: And Malcolm Butler, man, this is bringing back some breaking great memories, bro, some great.
Speaker 3: Memory games with names is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: We interrupt our regularly scheduled program for.
Speaker 2: Some breaking news.
Speaker 1: That is right. We are gonna have our Games with Names live show in Boston at the Wilburg Specifics that.
Speaker 2: We need to know?
Speaker 1: What are the need to knows?
Speaker 4: August thirtieth.
Speaker 1: August thirtieth, the wilbur Theaterre Wilburth Theater.
Speaker 4: Pre sale starts Wednesday, February seventh at ten am Eastern at the Wilbert dot Com.
Speaker 1: Ten am Eastern Standard Time, guys, Eastern Standard time. We just had a debate about it.
Speaker 2: Keep going.
Speaker 4: Promo code gwn.
Speaker 1: What's that promo code for.
Speaker 4: Pre sale tickets?
Speaker 2: Where would you get that?
Speaker 4: At the wilber dot com for a live show? A live show?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna be there?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be There's Jack gonna be there. Jack's gonna be there.
Speaker 1: I believe we're gonna have some unbelievable guests.
Speaker 4: It's our own stopping ground. Might know a few folks in that area, might.
Speaker 1: Know a couple. I believe we're gonna do a Q and A might with the audience.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe, yeah, make it a fun evening and.
Speaker 1: Then we're just gonna do a live tape and show the folks how we do our shows. It's gonna be it's gonna probably be extremely disappointed, like this is what you guys fucking do all day.
Speaker 4: No, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna jus it up. We're gonna make it a night. It'll be fun. It'll be fun.
Speaker 2: It'll be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's even some whispers of a T shirt, gun, T shirt, gun, cannon gun. We'll see August thirtieth the in Boston the Wilbertheater. Prestile tickets tomorrow, Wednesday, February seventh, at ten am Eastern at the wilbur dot com promo code gwn get there before tickets run out.
Speaker 2: Get out, show out.
Speaker 1: Or be out.
Speaker 2: I just made that up, all right.
Speaker 4: Back to our Back to Gronk.
Speaker 1: Back to Our Gronk episode Welcome to Games with Names presented by when Bet. On today's episode, we are talking Super Bowl forty nine Patriots versus the Seahawks with our best friend, our wingman, Rob Grinkowski. We talked some shit about the Seahawks. We talked some great things about the Seahawks because they were a legendary, goddamn team that was fucking hard to beat Malcolm Butler's iconic interception, and we wrap it up with me and Gronk answering some voicemails. Fun episode. Can't wait for you guys to listen and make sure to check out Games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, x, Snapchat, and TikTok at Games with Names. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify. Wherever you listen to your podcast, comment a game you want us to do and remember, rate and review. Call in at two four two two nine to one two two nine zero and leave a message of some great game res I want to hear some crazy old war stories of you watching a game of importance, or just some crazy shit whatever we want to hear from you. It's been awesome to hear these calls. You guys are crazy animals. Games with Names is brought to you by win Bet. Win Bet brings the excitement of win Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor to your phone. Join win bet today and bet with the official online gaming products from win Resorts.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 5: February one, twenty fifteen, University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona.
Speaker 2: Thus Seahawks are down twenty eighth to twenty four to the New England Patriots.
Speaker 5: With twenty six seconds left in the ball on the one yard line.
Speaker 2: Russell Wilson drops back, this is super Bowl forty nine. That sounds like we should be on the mic.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Games with names presented by win Bet and Today Fellas and ladies. Per request, we brought in the four time Super Bowl champ, the five time pro bowler.
Speaker 2: He needs no introduction. Well then, why did you say five time pro bowler, four time super Bowl champ?
Speaker 1: Because I needed to build up some I don't know why we got Robert. We got Roberto Yo, So I bst Gronkowski here in the studio and we're gonna go back since last last game we did was there's a little weirdness between everything. We're gonna go back and look at another one. Another unbelievable game, one of our favorite games.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Like the game that you know you you may have lost your virginity too.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We're going back to Super Bowl forty nine, Patriots versus the Seattle Seahawks, defending super Bowl champs in super Bowl forty nine, our first Super Bowl victory.
Speaker 2: I would say it was like we lost our virginity with this game and liked it because we lost our virginity when we went to the Super Bowl in twenty twelve. Yeah versus Colts, but I mean not versus Colts it was in Annapolis, but versus Giants. But we lost, so like it was kind of like we didn't really like losing our virginity, like we were born again. We were born again, we were born again. We lost our virginity again, and we really really liked it. And then we just became dogs and we just wanted more after.
Speaker 1: We wanted a lot more. That was a That's a great way to think about it, because we did go to the Super Bowl in eleven when Grunk had an artificial ankle attached to his body. I couldn't walk and we still should have won that game. But we're here to talk about Super forty nine. This was a crazy game. Why this game? Grownk, Why should we go over this game to you? What is your why?
Speaker 2: Because it was one of the greatest Super Bowls in history. That's why it was our first time we won a super Bowl as well together. It was my first super Bowl I've won. It was your first super Bowl that you won and it was one of the best games I've ever been a part of. It wasn't just a great Super Bowl game, it was a great football game as well. Everyone contributed. It was a team win overall. Everyone did their part to win the game, from defense to offense, to special teams, and just the atmosphere as well. And what was special about it is that it was in the state of Arizona, and I went to the University of Arizona, so it was kind of like a home game for me as well, being in Phoenix where the car knows play and I went to school right down the road like an hour and a half and two. So overall, Super Bowl forty nine was fantastic. We entered the winning of a Super Bowl club that club. The last thing we did, we tossed the club. The game we did, we were throwing people out of the club. Now we're entering the club and it's a Super Bowl club. And just overall, man, we played the Seattle Seahawks as well. They were the champions the year before, so we stopped them from being back to back champions, which I'm glad we did that. And just overall, man, it was awesome. Man, it was a fun super Bowl. It really was. And it was a fun year as well. Yeah, it was like when we were in the prime of our playing days, prime off the field, prime on the field, like just everything overall. We needed this win and we got it. We knew we needed for our sake of living, for our sake of being awesome. We knew we needed to win a Super Bowl, and that's why we wanted.
Speaker 1: I was just sick and tired of hearing about the goddamn old Patriots. That's why I say, there's only so many times we could watch Troy Brown stripping the guy in San Diego and Teddy Bruski housing an interception doing the snow like we had to watch that all the time.
Speaker 2: Is this the year you had that sixty nine yard catch for San Diego? Or was that the year after? It was this?
Speaker 1: It was I think it was seventy five.
Speaker 2: It was seventy five yards.
Speaker 1: I think it was seventy five, and I swear it was.
Speaker 2: A sixty nine yard touchdown for San Diego.
Speaker 1: I mean, let me do some I don't think it was sixty nine, but I do remember in a huddle you talking.
Speaker 2: About was it this year? Right?
Speaker 1: I think it was this year was it was in San Diego when we stayed out there Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we stayed out there. It was one of the best years man. And it was also the year where everyone thought the Patriots dynasty was over. They thought Tom Brady was done playing. We absolutely got blown out versus the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday night football kicked in Kansas City? What else? What? We lost like what like thirty three to like forty one four team forty one fourteen.
Speaker 4: But you never gave up.
Speaker 1: We didn't never gave up, according to Coach Belichick and to do your job documentary.
Speaker 2: We lost Who else did we lose to already? Because we were two and two at the time. We lost to someone.
Speaker 6: Else, Dolphins to start the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah in Miami. Yeah, in Miami.
Speaker 1: Fucking calories. It's hot, so hot that game.
Speaker 2: I was actually coming back off of what was off of a knee injury as well, blown out acl mcl was it my forearm as well? I was coming off of a forearm injury. What else, a back injury? And I was Comeback Player of the Year this year as well. And I absolutely sucked to the first four games as well. No, you didn't suck. Oh yeah, you're right, I didn't suck. I was just you know, getting introduced to the game of football. Game. I was only playing like twenty twenty five plays.
Speaker 1: You know, you have major surgery you had We could just throw you in the firing Have you run eighty five plays week one alf of a ACL arm infection? Fucking he was concussed on the same play. I mean, Jesus Christ, Gronk settled downy gotta let the you gotta let the old Clydesdale get going.
Speaker 2: You know, us all we want to be full speed right out of the gate the first time we have to fill. We want to be running one hundred percent. We want to be rerunning full speed every time.
Speaker 1: I remember when I came back from ice EO. You're cleared to go and you can hit your top speed when you're trying like that one that one time. But like it's the endurance. You don't have the legs yet because you're not used to hitting. You do all the drills, you do, all the cone work, you do, all the strengthening to your all your muscles, but it's so much different when you compete against another guy because you're the intensity intensifies by like fifteen to twenty percent just because you know, adrenaline competent another man against you, So like your body hasn't felt that stress for a long period of time and it needs the load in order to feel it again. And then it turns on after like three, four or five weeks. Then you know, you get better and better as it goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said that right. You really can't replicate a game rep or like a rep going versus someone else one on one or blocking someone blocking the defensive end. You can't replicate that until you actually go out there and do it in a game. So that's what makes it so tough coming back from an injury as well. Man especially just sitting out for so long just watching, you know, and then you just want to go full speed, but you're just not used.
Speaker 1: To it so psychologically. And then it's confidence also in it. You got to gain You gain confidence through each experience that you do in the practice field, the in the rehab circuit or all that, and you get all that confidence, but you haven't got that confidence against another human yet. So you hit that rep for the first time and you're you may have been a little hesitant to it, but then you're like, oh, I'm alright, and then after that you keep doing that and compounding that you're like, oh, I'm me again.
Speaker 2: We're good. Let's go. And that's what you want to know. When that all clicked in, when we moved on to Cincinnati, to Cincinnati, two to Cincinnati, on to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Let's well, let's get into some other stuff for a quick before we jump into the game. Once that Jules before Yeah.
Speaker 7: Qualcomm Stadium, Week fourteen, Patriots Chargers twenty three fourteen, sixty nine yard catch.
Speaker 2: It was sixty nine yards. I told you, you know, I won't forget that math magician. I would you forget that. I'm a mathemagician, especially with that number. Girl. But I didn't think it was that perfect because if we talk about it in the middle in the huddle, I said, Jewels, sixty nine yards, we gotta go. And then somehow that play you went for a sixty nine yard touchdown.
Speaker 7: Eight catches one hundred and forty one yards, one touddy of sixty nine yards, bronk, eight catches eighty seven yards, number eighty seven.
Speaker 4: And one simulation a baby Robbi always getting Have you ever had a sixty nine yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: No, I never have, man, but Julian did it for me. I'm living through you, brother, That's Colledween through you. Yeah, that's Calleen Man, that's my Bounty wing man, Bounty Jewel jewels, my bounty wing man.
Speaker 1: You can't have sixty nine yard touchdowns without your wingman, and you can't have a wing man without Bounty.
Speaker 2: I had to clean up his mess after he scored that touchdown with sixty nine yards. Thank you to Bounty. It was a quicker picker upper.
Speaker 1: So wrapping up another great year, How was our year at Fox this year?
Speaker 2: You think? I mean? Our year at Fox was great, man. It was kind of like my first time I was really full time. I know, I wasn't necessarily a full time I went on about on air about twelve times this year. You were there full time. I just have to make that travel across country, so it's tough to do it every single week. But I felt way more comfortable this year, and it was great to have you, a familiar face that I've been playing football with for you know, my whole career basically, and then to see you there.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: We hit it off week one and it was just a fun year man and just talking football, analyzing football. It's just what we do. We're breaking down games, breaking down the games at halftime, postgame, before the game, breaking down the season, what's going on. It's just a lot of fun. And what's cool is we got such great people around us as Michael Strahan, Terry Bradshaw, Howe Long you're with, Peter schrieg Er, Mike Vick, Charles John, Terry, you name them all. Man just everyone, Thompson, everyone Man, just everyone at fox Man. There's Hurt, there's such great people. Yeah, I can't forget k Kurt Manafee, Jay Glazer, you can't forget anyone because everyone is there for.
Speaker 1: It feels like a home, it feels like a family. Yes, it does have that uh that football locker room vibe, you know, and it's really cool to get to, Like I mean, those guys are they've been doing this for a long time and you know they're they're certainly at the top of the list when you talk about this profession, all of them, and and to be able to get in and you know, I watched the games with you guys during like the one o'clocks and see how they prepare and see how they you know, interact. It's been such a learning experience and I've learned so much from you know you and the other guys because you know, you've been on TV for what four years three years now.
Speaker 2: This is my third year. The first year when I first retired, right after New England I came on, I did about four shows, yeah, and then my second year, which was last year, I did about seven shows including the playoffs, and then this year twelve shows and then I'm going to do the playoffs as well. Man. So it's just it's just all about the experience as well. It's about getting the reps. That's what you love about the game of football, play and to sport your whole life is you can take what you learn, you can take how you can get to that level and then bring it to the next field of your life. And you know, in order to be good at football, you gotta do the reps. You got to compound the reps. Like you said, you gotta work hard, you gotta study, you gotta hit the weight room, and it's kind of like the same same thing transitioning to be an analyst. You gotta study what's going on. You got to know the games, You got to know the players, You got to know what you're talking about. You gotta rep it on TV as well. You got to be able to produce what you're saying on live TV. And it's always fourth in goal every time you're talking, because it's live.
Speaker 1: The red lights on. Yes, when that red lights on, it's it's uh no F bombs, no S bombs. And you better have your points all in set.
Speaker 2: Unless if you're Terry Bradshaw you can say whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want. So we we kind of rekindled the team this year, you know, our little locker room environment. What do you think is going to be like next year when old TB twelve rolls up into the Fox studios or wherever he is, whatever job he's doing.
Speaker 2: What do you think it's gonna be like with Tom? I mean, if he doesn't get cold feet, I'm old Yeah Tom Brady, Yeah, I can see that happening. He got cold feet already. He he you know, took off this year. You know, we jumped right into it, Jules. But we're just analysts and we're just breaking down a game. His commentating, that's all different. I would have took off two years if I was him. But I can't wait for Tom to get here. Man, it's gonna be fit the crew back together. Man, it's gonna be a lot of fun. And he's gonna do an absolute good job. And obviously we learned so much football from him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what people don't realize, Like everyone sees like Romo can call out plays and stuff like Tom was doing that when he was playing. He was doing that when he was So it'll be fun to see him articulate the game in a way that he sees it because he's the greatest to see it on the field.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the truth. I would say I'll contribute to about six of my touchdowns where he changed play on the spot because he knew what the defense was going to do, and right on the spot, within five seconds, he changed that play. Let me know, let the line know, let you guys know. Sometimes didn't even let you guys know, just let you run your route because it was just him and I doing our thing. And I would say he contributed to about six of my touchdowns in my career of just cab boom, just right on the spot, just knowing the knowledge of the game.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say he contributed to like nine of my touchdowns. Yeah if it was six years Wow, so it was nine of mine. We might as well just get the damn roll of Bounty paper towels right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be fun to have him. Let's segue over to.
Speaker 1: Old February one, twenty fifteen. Let's go back in time of the date of the Super Bowl Sunday and go over some American pop culture. Number one movie at the time was American Sniper with Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 2: I saw it. I saw it too. I didn't like those.
Speaker 1: Those kind of movies depressed me a little.
Speaker 2: I like them, man, I like all war movies. I like action movies. I thought it was a great movie. I feel bad for my guy because he Radley Cooper. Yeah he got killed at the end. Yeah, yeah he did. That's real. That's a real story. That's true, man, that is true.
Speaker 4: I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: You never seen it.
Speaker 6: I never saw it.
Speaker 1: It's a great spoiler alert, man, I mean, this is twenty fifteen. If I'm spoiling something from twenty fifteen, we got to move on.
Speaker 2: I wish it wasn't a true story. I just loved the action, love action movies. He was a stud. Just a scale level that he had in the movie was just ridiculous to be able to snipe that far away. It's just it's kind of like Tom Brady throwing a sixty nine yard pass right on the money, like twenty five times in a row and never.
Speaker 1: Missing, or sixty nine times with the way sixty.
Speaker 2: Nine times in a row with the wind factor playing playing in part of it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the wind factor could be sixty nine degrees.
Speaker 2: With a sixty nine mile proor wind.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of win That's that's that's a tropical story.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, with with a tsunami coming as well, a wet, wet, wet tsunami coming, a big title wave Johnnymi Yeah, Johnny's Sunami. Great movie growing up Disney Channel, right Disney Channel.
Speaker 1: It was Let's get Richter, Dude. Number one song was Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno mars Uh Town up to Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Bruno Mars to this day is one of the best performers, if not the best performer out there right now. Man. He can dance, he can sing, he can get the crowd going, and that's what I love. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean I've never seen him live. Have you seen him live?
Speaker 2: I seen him live twice actually, And a little story is I was there right before he made a big time and it was like right before I made a big time as well. I was a rookie, I was drafted. I went to Atlantic City. I was twenty one years old, and he was performing as well. I think they got him for like five thousand dollars at the time. He had that one big hit song and I just watched him perform and I was like, man, this guy is gonna be big time. It was legit. Just watching him was legit. And then what little did I know? Like within the next two years, Man, he's one of the biggest performers. And I got it. He took my hat to him.
Speaker 1: He was an icon. He could dance, he could sing, He had cool little swag with his little hat.
Speaker 6: Five to five putting on for the short kings. We like it.
Speaker 1: Hey, when you're a guy that you don't even talk about, is how you who's five to five? That means you're transcending things. That means you're bigger than what you think. Around this time, Netflix and Chill became a thing.
Speaker 2: Did we use that one on a text? Not at that time. I do Netflix and chill now, but we were in twenty fifteen, we weren't doing Netflix and chilling. Yeah, we were out at practice, going ham, going ham after practice, playing ping pong, playing cornhole. Yeah. I don't think we ever chilled in two thousand and fifty.
Speaker 1: But then you know what netflix and chill means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you put on Netflix and you just lay back in your chill.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of a term for like you want to come over and have sex.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, then I guess I guess you were using that.
Speaker 10: That was more of a blockbuster, more of a peacock guy.
Speaker 1: Post Malone drops White iverson on SoundCloud, February fourth.
Speaker 2: That was a fire.
Speaker 1: This was one of my favorite songs at all.
Speaker 6: It's like a where were you moment for me at least.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know, I don't remember it like that, but I just remember it was on like one of my It was a pregame, like just getting the zone, like what one incredible Fifty Shades of Gray hits the theaters. Never I think I saw a little of it. Did you ever see it?
Speaker 2: I've seen fifty shades of gray really kinky. Yeah, yeah, you gotta be really into it. Who'd you see it with? I'm not really sure. Would you just.
Speaker 1: Sit back in show by yourself? Fifty shades of gray?
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure who I saw with. I'm not lying. I literally think I went with just like a friend, a buddy, a buddy to Yeah and no, no, we did not need bounty.
Speaker 6: After you know where my mind was doing.
Speaker 2: We did not need Bountie. There was no mess. Actually there was a mess. We were eating chicken wings and going absolutely ham in the theater just watching.
Speaker 1: Oh he Lastly, John Stewart announces he's leaving the Daily Show at the end of the year. Hasn't been the same since he left? Heck, now the same.
Speaker 2: I've never even seen the Daily Show ever in my life, so it truly hasn't been the same since he's left.
Speaker 1: Games with Names is doing a live show. That's right, We're coming home join us in person August thirtieth at the Wilburt in Boston.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spoil.
Speaker 1: Too much, but it's gonna be a hell of a story, and hey, you never know.
Speaker 2: Who might show up.
Speaker 1: Pre sale tickets are available Wednesday, February seventh, at ten am Eastern Standard Time atthowilbur dot com. Use a promo cod gwn get them before they're gone.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go back in to the sports world of twenty fourteen. Twenty fifteen NFL champions Patriots. The MVP Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: He is on VP of the league. That guy can just whip that ball like I've never seen before. His release is the quickest release in the NFL. They had a great team, but fortunately they weren't the NFL Champions.
Speaker 1: No, they beat us a year too. Remember right before the Kansas right before the Chargers game. All right, we went straight from there to Green Bay two. You're right, the Chargers and stayed in a week there.
Speaker 2: And here's a little story about the game. Five seconds left, I'm spread out wide to the left. I think it was trailer Laft, their trailer rider or whatever, where I put three by one. I was by myself. It was Verse, our first round pick, their safety hot Hot Clinton Dix. Was it Clinton? They just got drafted. It was their first round. I already had a couple of plays that game where I caught the ball and I literally ran over like five guys. It took like their whole team to tackle me, and then I was pretty on fire and Tom put the ball up in the air for three two one, and I went for the ball. We were down by like four, put my hands out right off my fingertips, and I dropped it and we lost the game. Duels.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember that because this never happened. No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew how to make up for it. That's why we went on the road to San Diego and we dominated, and we both scored a touchdown sixty nine. You had that sixty nine yarder. That's why everyone forgot about my draft.
Speaker 1: I don't realven remember that. Yeah, I just remember we I remember we gave up a touchdown before halftime. I was so pissed about.
Speaker 4: What's it like playing at LAMBA?
Speaker 2: I think lambeau Field is one of the best fields to ever play. Man. It's like a college atmosphere, the whole entire stadium, all the fans, it feels like they're on top of you. Man. It's a football tradition as well, and if you're in the NFL, you gotta at least play one game there in your career. It was.
Speaker 1: The grass is long, slow grass. Just it feels old school. They still have the bleachers. You roll up into the town and you stay at like this little hotel that you used to staying at Marriott's or whatever. This like big little hotels in the city, and you're at like a Mom and Pops like bed and breakfast, and you know, it was there's like nothing around, you know it was. It was a pretty cool environment. It definitely felt like you were in a you know, college town.
Speaker 2: And the weather it's always football weather as well. It was cold chili football weather there. It was chili.
Speaker 1: The college football champions were the Ohio State University and Marcus Mariota was the Heisman Trophy winner.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the PAC twelve PAC twelve.
Speaker 2: You said about the PAC twelve. I am sad about the PAC twelve.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a PAC twelve guy or Pack ten guy. I dreamed about being in the Pack ten. I was a Mac guy.
Speaker 2: Mac is pretty cool, though, man I liked the MAC. I grew up in Buffalo, and you know, UB's in the Max and he was always a Mac guy. Man I was a Mac guy.
Speaker 1: I was a Pack ten guy. I was on the West Coast. We kind of did a flip flop. Yeah, we did a flip flop. And that's why we're wingman though binging and ding winging man.
Speaker 2: Since like our high school days and didn't even know it.
Speaker 1: No, that's just that's winging at first sight.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The dunking the ball through the goal post became a fifteen yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
Speaker 2: We'll blame that on Jimmy Graham after every touchdown, almost breaking the goal pulse bringing.
Speaker 1: He really did a couple of times. He brought that joker down. He's bringing the house.
Speaker 2: I liked it. Yeah, I liked it too. I don't even know why they actually implement to that rule. It didn't really make sense. I thought it was a legit celebration. You're showing off your athletic skills dunking the football over the goal post. But I would blame it on Jimmy Graham for just scoring so many touchdowns and dunking it every single you ever dunk in the goal post? Never had before in practice. I think I've seen you in practice. I did it once or twice. Yeah, in a game. I'd never done it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. I always tried to do it. I always did it a little here in practice.
Speaker 2: I should have got on my knees and then you jump off my back and dunked it. Get up, give me yay, you can't get up? I get up there.
Speaker 7: He's I'm reading here speaking to Jimmy Graham. They were saying in a twenty thirteen game, he dunked it so hard it delayed the game for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: That's probably why they implemented the rule.
Speaker 7: Gotta be I'm the goal post off balance. Next offseason it was banned.
Speaker 1: Can't stay on schedule, you don't start on time, and when you have twenty minute break those commercials and.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Jimmy Graham coming back to still ball age thirty six scoring some touch sounds this year, man, pretty impressive, It is pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: What would happen if Shack scored a touchdown in the NFL and dunked it on a goal post.
Speaker 2: There'd be no more field goals that game they'd have.
Speaker 1: That's when Double J's and the field crew are coming out putting a new damn field goal post up, and you.
Speaker 6: Know Shack's not windwing that thing. He's going with two.
Speaker 1: Hands slam all shack Daddy bringing it down. I would love to see that Paul Pierce signed with the Washington Wizards.
Speaker 2: Was a little weird.
Speaker 6: Weird.
Speaker 1: That was weird for us.
Speaker 2: That is weird. It's really weird.
Speaker 1: You ever hang out with Paul?
Speaker 2: I never have? I know you have ya looks like sounds like a good time from what I've read.
Speaker 1: I can't even do a goddamn Starsky slide anymore. I can't even do a Starsky and Hutch slide these days.
Speaker 2: Very a banner, you know something. I want to go on FaceTime Live with Paul Pierce. Oh or what it was a Instagram live? Whatever?
Speaker 6: It looked at a good time.
Speaker 2: I looked like a good time as well. I didn't think with Paul Pierce seems like a good time. I never met the guy before, Paul. What theF Why? Half I ever not met Paul Pierrice. It was crazy.
Speaker 6: I saw him.
Speaker 1: I saw him like two weeks ago at the airport on his birthday. He was going on a little vacation for his birthday. I was going to Boston, and I was like, that looks like Paul Pierce both sitting in like the waiting area.
Speaker 2: It's like, nahdude looks too young because he looked good.
Speaker 1: He looked he was all dim down and just I'm like, now it ain't Paul, I do looks way too young. So I text Paul Pierce. I'm like, yo, Paul, you at the airport. And I didn't get a response. Because I have a new number. I go to Edelman and I still didn't get a response. And then one of his homies looks over and I look over at him, lock eys and he goes, I go, is that Paul And he goes, yeah, Perard, come on, dude.
Speaker 2: So I walk over. I'm like, yo, Brody.
Speaker 1: Even though we just got adapted, we talked about the whole thing. But I saw him recently.
Speaker 2: He was crazy. I love him. I love him. Never met him, but I love him. He's dog.
Speaker 1: Let's go to our socials. In twenty fifteen. At this time, al rip Stuart Scott. My prayers go out to his friends and family. He was a huge part of delivering sports cooler than the other side of the pill.
Speaker 2: That was a sad lot. This man, yeah, man, that was super sad man. I loved watching Sports Center with Stuart Scott. He was an absolute man just as a kid, Yeah, going, making them going, just watching him all the way through my levels of progress, through through my athletic career as well. Stuart Scott, Man, you're well missed, man. We love you.
Speaker 1: Loved him man, he made watching highlights so fun, his analogies, his metaphor, his sayings. I mean he's a pioneer. He's a pioneer in just a way that he fought too, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and no one even knew what he was going through and he was just still dominating the TV still as well, just dominating.
Speaker 1: Selfless guy, Yes, selfless guy.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you Stewart for everything you've done.
Speaker 4: What's the most amount of the same episode of Sports Center you've watched in a row, like.
Speaker 6: On a sick day home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, probably like four or five times.
Speaker 4: I think three or four.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, back in those days it was easy to go over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He made Sports Center what it is today for real, hasn't been the same since ESPN. Should be paying his family to this day.
Speaker 1: Still, seriously, should's baby. Robert Gronkowski heard Gronk party buses, rolland Arizona.
Speaker 2: Shot out, but he drove back Gronk party bus from Boston, Massachusetts all the way to Phoenix, Arizona. Man, wow, when you had that thing legendary. We used to go out on that. Yeah, we did. Used to go out and that thing, the guy we built, we bought it. It was a church bus. Actually, we got out of New York City for like fourteen grand and then Bobby Goons he's aka mister All Purpose, stripped the whole inside of the bus. Oh sorry, sorry about that. I was just choking up because I missed the ground party bus, so I'm tearing right now. Yeah. It was a fun bus, I mean, great memories for sure. And uh he teared it. He teared out the whole inside, redid the whole thing, put the benches in it, the radio, the sound speakers, everything, and it was just bumping.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: It was uh it was a good time. Man. That thing got its use for that.
Speaker 1: How come there was that? There was that?
Speaker 2: Was there a support poll? Yeah? There was a support pole in the middle as well. Yeah, yeah, support pool. It was so when you stood in just to make sure you didn't fall forward or anything. Yeah. It's kind of like the train. Yeah, like train, so you can see it right, Yes, it's like a guide rail, just so you could stay safe. See, you always got to stay safe.
Speaker 1: What is this cue?
Speaker 6: I don't know that was on your Twitter timeline when I was going.
Speaker 1: Deep typo type got a little zen.
Speaker 2: Maybe you had a question for someone you just forgot the question though this was days man he was Oh, I had a Zenna suit as well. Thing. Look at you. You look younger now, I swear man.
Speaker 1: I just don't have facial hair.
Speaker 2: You look like thirty, like eight years old in that picture with that beard, like pro professional. You look really like a fucking assassin. Yeah, you look like you should be on you know, in movies.
Speaker 1: I look like I should be hanging next to John Wick ready to just take out some fucking What looks like.
Speaker 2: You should have played the part in American Sniper instead of Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 1: No, Bradley Cooper, No, don't you don't talk like that about bred.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm just saying, that's how good you even though he's a Philly fan. Ah, we all do that at the same time.
Speaker 1: How would you describe your social media habits in twenty fifteen, Rob oh.
Speaker 2: Man that that's when I used social media like freely you know, in twenty fifteen, I used to do like gronk isms when like when social media first came out. I don't know exactly what the gronk isms were, but I think one of them was like, you can't lose your keys if you leave your keys in the car, but you may lose your car. Yeah. Wise, very wise, because I never brought my keys in the house. And then I was like, I can never lose them because I always lost them, and I brought them, brought the keys inside the house. Yeah, and then have a key spot. Yeah, and the key spot was inside the car.
Speaker 1: That's a good key spot. Never can lose live in Los Angeles and people just come take your car. Well, I was in Foxborough, so no one, no one to safer, there no one going near. There's Graceland and there's gronk Lan. Don't go by the grunk Lan. You ever, you ever get the amazing dms from some celebrities at this time in twenty fifteen, and any kind of celebrity, To.
Speaker 2: Tell you the truth, I don't even think I was on Instagram yet. I think I got on Instagram in like twenty sixteen or seventeen, after the Super Bowl yeah, And to tell you the truth, I still wish to this day I never got on an Instagram and I would never have to worry about it and be like, I just never got on, so that no one would ever ask me why, Like hey, can you post it on Instagram? They'll be like, oh, Gronk just don't have an Instagram or yeah, like you don't have to think about it. Then imagine that and then you just posted for me Julian on your Instagram. That'd be pretty cool. Let's get into the game, Jacks. Can you set the stage about this.
Speaker 9: Ferocious Seattle Seahawks team defending Super Bowl champions that have the Legion of Boom?
Speaker 6: You just didn't worry?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, wait do we have this? Was? No, Yeah, he was on our team. Browner, Yeah, he was part of the Legion of Boom. He was. He was like the original. But the Legion of Boom was still going even without Brandon Browner.
Speaker 7: It kind of got to that point where like then they just attributed it to the whole defense, so like it didn't really have that much meeting, you know what I mean, Like everyone got to be the whole defense just became out.
Speaker 2: But it was truly led by cam Chancellor Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.
Speaker 1: Earl Thomas was a fucking torpedo back man.
Speaker 2: He was a missile. He was.
Speaker 1: He used to come downhill full like he could. He was fucking a torpedo. He was fast here he wasn't you know. He got older and he became more of an instinctive player when he was young in this time and he was he was like a four to three guy.
Speaker 2: He was. Earl Thomas put me out of the season. He added my season when we won the Super Bowl in versus Atlanta. That was the year I got hurt and then playing the Super Bowl, it was because of Earl Thomas. I was going up to see him. I was looking at the ball and then boom he hit me. I was running full speed up to see him. He was running full speed at me. He had no fear at all. Zero zero isn't a big guy either, No, not a big guy. But he was compact, compact the ship. Yeah yeah, And he put me out for a season. When he hit me, I actually ruptured my lungs and then also he popped out my disc in my back. And that's why I had to get back surgery that year because of him.
Speaker 1: But Earl Thomas fucking Thomas. He was just I mean. And Cam Chancer was right there too. He was just like a He was like an old school safety, absolute free. He was like two thirty.
Speaker 2: Guy was massive. I think he was like two forty he could have been. And he was like six ' four. He was the biggest safety in the game by fire dude. And he was nice. Yeah, he was nice.
Speaker 1: He was like a gentleman when he beat your ass. Yeah, I remember, because like for Strive, it was probably like the fifth or sixth run. I had to go in and get the force and I and I would always set the tempo for the day on those those first like force blocks. You go in, you give helmet to helmet, You try to give him a little little fucking you know, clean him up a little, let him know you're here for a kiss all day.
Speaker 2: I went in there to.
Speaker 1: Cam Chancellor and did that and I got knock I fucking got knocked back, and he didn't move. I just felt, you know, when you hit a guy and they feel rooted where they don't move, you know, usually and I have like usually a little power where I can get into a guy. I hit him and I knocked myself out a little. I'm like, oh my god, and he goes a young fellow. It's gonna be a long day something like that, he said, sounding like that.
Speaker 2: So the Legion of Boom was consistent of a tree trunk, which was Cam Chancellor, and then they had the missile torpedo Thomas or a torpedo. And then they had the you know, the fancy playmaker, Richard Sherman. Sherman, that's a good that's a good summation of those three.
Speaker 1: And Mitchell was good too. He just we hurt. He got hurt after that pick. That was Lane, Jeremy Lane.
Speaker 2: Lane Lane was pretty good.
Speaker 4: What happened to him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what happened to him? Who hit him?
Speaker 2: What happened to Jeremy Lane? Jules?
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened to him. He made an interception, I made a tackle and then when he got hurt, he tore his a cl and broke his arm on the same play.
Speaker 2: Damn, that sucks. That's like me try my al and m and then damn that's football for you.
Speaker 6: Football A little more on.
Speaker 7: This Legion of Boom only lost one game by more than seven points. When all three of those guys started eighty one games played together on one team. That's tied for second with Brian Dawkins, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor on the Eagles. And then this trio also combined fourteen Pro Bowls, six All Pros between eleven and seventeen.
Speaker 6: So these guys were.
Speaker 1: I remember we went up there and remember in twelve we had to go play him and they came back and beat us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were up I think a halftime by good amount, and then they came back.
Speaker 1: That's when Richard came out.
Speaker 2: And he went up right right into Tom Brady's face. You like that or what was it? You're mad, bro, You're mad bro. That's when Richard Sherman became Richard Shure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when he because he did ebf all that. He was, Yeah, razor, he used to get into it. We got into it a little bit at at uh in this game.
Speaker 2: He's great. I played with him my final year in Tampa's great guy, great guy. Love Richard.
Speaker 1: He's one of those guys you hate him when you're not he's not on your team, but you love him when he's on your team.
Speaker 2: Exactly like you're like, that's our asshole.
Speaker 1: We love that guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and uh, before we get off the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: This was Russell Wilson's third year in the NFL, through for three thousand, four and seventy five yards. Twenty t D's also ran for almost a thousand yards. This was third year us he was cooking coming off a Super Bowl win.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: In the old rushing touchdowns eight rushing touchdowns. Nothing to scoff at there, but it was beast mode in the backfield. And then uh, kind of a little bit of a no name wide receiver corp if you will, No no disrespect there, but all all free.
Speaker 2: Was good, was good. Baldwin used to ball.
Speaker 1: He had a lot of production for a lot of years.
Speaker 7: And then uh, yeah, like my bad, I'll put a little put a little love on on Balden.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 6: Traded Percy Harvin in the middle of this season.
Speaker 1: That was not that could have been. That could have been a factory.
Speaker 2: They needed that.
Speaker 1: But they had those guys that made big plays the seams.
Speaker 7: Mitchell, Mitchell, Matthews, Matthews, he only came up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, curse the long board long yeah, Bluke.
Speaker 6: Wilson tight end. Uh, they had dudes.
Speaker 2: Marsh Lynch, Marshawn Lynch. Guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean the defense gets all the love.
Speaker 2: But now the good defense with a team that could run the ball.
Speaker 7: Defense led by d C, Dan Campbell or Dan Quinn. Sorry, geez, I'm thinking mc DC.
Speaker 1: That's why we call it the Seattle six. Remember, And then now every team runs it that covers six that they run that that three deep cover. I hate that that coverge We run the stupid same play every time, the crosser, the under and the you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then every time I go deep, I'm covered because it's three deep. Every time with the two corners in the safety. Oh, the worst coverage ever. I would just run up and down the field. You gotta like pick it apart.
Speaker 1: It takes a lot of because they were they were so good at staying tight as a defense together. Everyone worked together. Everyone was on a string. So as soon as the ball snapped and they saw it was passed, this guy was flying here, he was flying there, and so they would get to their lane, their their their zones very good. So one of the main coaching points of this game was it's gonna take a lot The running backs will get the ball a lot because they have a lot of coverage and they could get after you with four guys. So what we're gonna have to do is we're gonna have to have these long, methodical drives and once you get the ball, because they are so tight knitted on a string, you get vertical. You have to get vertical cool because they have they pursued. That's the dan Quinn system, the Seattle six. That zone coverage, which is like a matched zone where it plays man on the outside but it's still zony. And then once the ball is thrown, everyone converged the ball. Everyone you know, rushed the ball right away. So like that was like the main thing. You get the ball, get up field, go because they're gonna be right there. You remember that, Yes, I do remember that.
Speaker 2: And then every once in a while, this is when we took advantage of that, and I don't know why they did it, is when they went into cover one. Yeah, they did a lot of coverage one off of that what you were talking about. And then that's when we made our big plays, especially in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And that's when Grounk scored his touchdown right before half. I'm sure we'll get into it, but you know, we had the formation indicator when you see the linebacker number fifty, who was it.
Speaker 2: Bobby Wagner at the moment, that was over Wagner. Yeah, yeah, that it was over Bobby Wagners. So it was Wagner.
Speaker 1: Once you see Wagner's all the way out with the tight end, I mean, that's your indicator. It's man coverage because if a corner's out there, then you know it's back to that Seattle six. So you know that was that was at that time in the league. You had these formation indications that you would use before the play and.
Speaker 2: Then we can't forget Also about their D line. D line was fay Roll, Michael Bennett. Now what about their linebacker corps as well, Man Wagner.
Speaker 4: Yes, Melcole Smith.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think my touchdown was over kJ It was kJ right. It wasn't Bobby Wagner. I was wrong there. It was kJ Wright, who was a hack of a linebacker at the moment too. I think he was one of the best linebackers in the league.
Speaker 1: This was a fucking This was a generational great defense, yes, and they were a dangerous offense that could run the ball down your fucking throat with Marshawn Lynch who took everyone to tackle, and then Russell would go back, make three four people miss throw it down the field, have those lollipop fucking long balls, and they would. That was their formula. That was their formula.
Speaker 4: One play away from back to back Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: M one giant play. I don't look at it like that. You can say that about so many games, so many games.
Speaker 6: Should we get into these these Pats.
Speaker 2: Let's get in the Pats. The Pats we were twelve and four. I forget that, the Super Bowl champs, super Bowl.
Speaker 7: Champs, Maddy p leading the defense, Mickey D's O C, Jimmy G's rookie year, James Twite rookie those guys, man, that's crazy. Those are two head coaches crazy day ball on this staff. Another head coach.
Speaker 2: Was Trent Delfer, went off too about the Patriots dynasty's over, Tom Brady's over. That's when we called uh Is Delfer the Trent Dodo. Last time we were on James foot names. Yeah, that was the same year.
Speaker 1: He's probably coaching some quarterbacks right now.
Speaker 6: He's down there at U A B.
Speaker 2: Is he is he coaching yes, what does he think head coach of U A. B. Trent Yes, O way good for him? Yeah he wow.
Speaker 1: I mean the guy likes loves football. I think he knows it.
Speaker 4: Do you think he can recruit as well as Dion Sanders?
Speaker 7: No, okay, let me go play for this game manager. I'm gonna go play for Trent Dilfred Jackie. That's how you really feel.
Speaker 2: They're just not good anything.
Speaker 6: I'm coming.
Speaker 2: I'm yeah, I'm coming at throats Bro, Trent Dildo, Oh my god. Uh yeah.
Speaker 7: This was the ondo Cincinnati season. This was a declared US dead and arrowhead season. Get a little give a little shine to Jamie Collins. I know we're always an offensive kind of pot here, but Jamie was so one hundred and sixteen tackles this season.
Speaker 2: Jamie Collins was an absolute freak who didn't even have to do anything to be an absolute freak. He would just show up and just make these insane plays that you'd be like your head would be turning you like what the heck? And then like he didn't need to do anything. He was just an athletic freak already, just off the field and on the field. He didn't need to work out. He didn't need to run sprints. He just showed up to the football field and just made absolutely insane place. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In his come out game was in twenty thirteen when he was drafted in thirteen.
Speaker 2: I know he was drafted in the second round, second round maybe from schools Southern Miss.
Speaker 6: I think they didn't win a single game, had senior first rounder.
Speaker 2: Right now, the second rounder, second second rounder, but we we drafted him in twenty thirteen, second round pick fifty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty thirteen, and I remember I was like, my whole holy shit moment with him is when he went and covered Welker in that Denver game where we beat him. We came back or do we come back and beat him?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He covered Welker a few times. I'm like, this dude's way too long and big and to be able to cover West because West is an elite route runner, you know what I mean. Elite, So like to see that, I was like, oh my god, this guy is a guy.
Speaker 6: Yep, we came back and beat him thirty four to thirty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're down twenty.
Speaker 2: Four half and this was his second season, it was his first season. We would have never won the Super Bowl without Jamie Collins. No, no, what a pick that was. Shout out the Bill. That's a great pick right there.
Speaker 1: And High Tower of the year before High Tower, Yeah, we gotta give gotta give some love to the rest of that defense. High Tower Revis Brown Flowers, the Big Vince, Yeah, Big V.
Speaker 2: Big V was a beast in this game. We had cham Jones. What a great year he had too. He had a bunch of sacks.
Speaker 6: Ninko.
Speaker 1: Alan Brant, how big is that?
Speaker 2: He's massive, dude, He's like three sixty.
Speaker 1: So he's he's probably three sixty, right, And Allen is kind of like a quirky guy. Allen would come and we have a walk in from the player parking lot to the facility is probably like one hundred yard walk. Then you have like another sixty yard walk in the hallways. This motherfucker Allen would be coming around on electric skateboard. This big ass, three hundred and sixty five pound guy would come on electric skateboard. He have his backpack on, his earphones on, like he's going to school, and he'd be rolling one hundred and fifty yards on this electric skateboard and he'd be going in the halls and people. I remember Bill's like, like, Allan, what the fuck are we doing here? In his rocket power?
Speaker 2: Remember that. I do remember that. It was a sight to see. It was so funny to watch it. It was six six three fifty. I don't know how that skateboard didn't break. I know it was crazy. What about Blunt, Garrett Blunt, shut out the man, James Davlin, Man, Shane Veren, James White.
Speaker 1: We had a ross young James White. Yes, what we had was Stark.
Speaker 11: Sk It was like he played like what two seasons with the Patriots. Yeah, and that was I think to rookie of his career. Picked up Brandon Lefell in the off season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, n yeah, agent quarterback man. We had roster Malcolm Butler.
Speaker 2: Oh ye, malcol he made it working on Popeyes? Is it really he was? No, he was working at.
Speaker 7: Popeyes West Alabama, West Alabama. Man, Nico heck of a squad. Ninko made sneaky good plays when the team needed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kickers, Ryan Allen's upon her, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Gostowski, Polish power baby who man a tight end? Tim Wright to man. We had a roster bro I remember, I'm in he was my so. He was my dip guy.
Speaker 1: He always had in the locker room. And I remember in practice who man got punched in the lip and he had a fat, bloody lip.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh ship who? He goes, I go, why are you smiling?
Speaker 1: He goes, I gotta cut my lip?
Speaker 2: I go, what do you? What are you talking about? He goes.
Speaker 1: As soon as I put my dip in, I'm gonna get an extra buzz.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh ship, who man? Was a man there? Chuy?
Speaker 1: It was this was a this was a special group. It was our first.
Speaker 2: It's time for the bounty wingman question. Bring out the wings. You can't have football without wings, brother, and you can't have wings without bounty. We got that, You got that right? All right?
Speaker 1: This is a segment where we bring out a pair of wings or a bunch of wings.
Speaker 2: All right, where's the blue cheese? Brother, where's the blue cheese? Are we out? Are we in? Well we're not in Buffalo? So ranch is fine outside of Buffalo, but bring it out. Ranch. Are blue cheese counts here in LA But in Buffalo. You know it's blue cheese only, brother, You know that in Buffalo blue cheese deal. You get shot if you ate ranch in Buffalo. Literally we got here, Buffalo Wings, Bounty wing Man. Question is, what do you think our best moment on the field together was. We've had a lot of great moments on the field, Dal, I mean we've already talked about one of them, bes fifty nine yard touchdown you had in San Diego, and I was in the huddle a ten seconds before saying we need sixty nine yards to score a touchdown, and you scored twenty seconds later on that play. That was That was That was a big moment.
Speaker 1: But I think another big moment, man, these paper towsers so awesome, lot of paper towels. I think a great moment will is the double pass.
Speaker 2: Oh the double pass was too because that was this year as well, wasn't that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were the lead blocker. You were the first guy I celebrated with. I just remember after I threw it, I thought it overthrew him, and it all happened super quick, and the next thing I remember, it was like picks me up like a fucking little third grader.
Speaker 2: Good thing and so fast as well. You did overthrow them, but I thought I all just had speed of lightning.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it picks me up like baby from Dirty Dancing. It like lifts me up, and I was like, yeah, I think that was a great moment.
Speaker 2: That was a great moment. That was one of our best moments. Or the or the block you laid out for me on the touchdown versus Colts, that was a good moment. That was a great moment as well. Cut back that was good. It was some good man moments. There's no there's no number one moment. We just have a lot of moments together, a lot of the great memories. My favorite memory off the field as a wing man was when we were sitting on that golf carts still in Dantaga and the freaking thing broke and we fell on the ground. It was all over barstool.
Speaker 4: Do you know how many people sent in videos from that day from Fagawi. I've got like fifteen different like Fagawi tapes that we'll have to run by you guys because you want to post them.
Speaker 2: Right after the last games with names Yeah and then every Yeah I Love It released the Fai tapes. I actually that was when I was dancing to Justin Timberlake one of his songs. What was this big popular song at that moment. Yeah, I got the feeling. I think it was. And he he tweeted back at me like nice dance moves, gronk, and I was like, I made it in life, justin Timberlake, just reach. We all remember that we were in the locker room yet girl, Yeah, and we were just freaking going ham. That's why I was good at football, because I was working on my footwork when we were in Nantaka. You said that last time.
Speaker 1: We talked about that every time we went on, because we danced, we had better footwork.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know one could guard us.
Speaker 1: And that's the bounty wing man question. All right, what do you remember about the game plan of the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: You know, Juels, I can't really tell you because I remember bragging to my friends the morning of the Super Bowl game and I looked at my notes. I had two notes, two bullet points. Only I couldn't even tell you what the two bollet points were. And I told my friends, I'm gonna have a great game. I think I know what they were. You threw me the ball, I catch the ball. Throw me the ball, I'll catch the ball. I'll score. That's three points. Yeah, that's three Oh well, one of the bullet points at both of those perfect perfect it is a two point for one point points and one bullet point. But yeah, I wasn't really known for writing notes. I was known for having great walkthroughs and studying the plays on the field, so you were known for scoring touchdowns, scoring touchdowns.
Speaker 1: But we did have a great game plan. It worked Seattle six. I just remember we had that stupid crosser play that we ran.
Speaker 2: A million times. Yes, yes we did. On the cross or play where.
Speaker 1: One guy's got the cross, one guy's got the under, and you high low the backer.
Speaker 2: You have to have speed to make his back go. So we could, you know, get the the under on the and then running we ran the cross or. So much is in that one of the plays. I actually ran into Richard Sherman. I think he was covering you and we both crossed. We basically went shoulder to shoulder on the cross and the Richard Sherman was right behind you, and we just it was an accident. We just both ran into each other and we both went flying to the ground. He looked at me like, shit, that hurt. Let's lee. Let's get the lead up of the game, Jackie.
Speaker 6: All right, the storylines going into this one.
Speaker 7: These were the top seeds in each conference in FCAFC, both number one seeds.
Speaker 6: Seattle was going for back to back.
Speaker 7: Meanwhile, the Pats hadn't won one in ten years, so they were going for the first and ten years. Brady doing ten years between Super Bowls still like insane. You'll never see that again. Paths to the Super Bowl double pass game. We beat Baltimore more than pounded Indy. Meanwhile, Seattle took out the Panthers and then in the NFC title game had to come back from a sixteen point deficit. Chris Matthews recovered that on side kick. So yeah, remember that when it beat Aaron Rodgers, the league MVP.
Speaker 1: I forgot that crazy they had to get an on side kick.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: Chris Matthews, the guy who will be talking about in this one. He kind of came on the scene there with that.
Speaker 1: Quick playoff for him, he was on fire.
Speaker 7: And then, as we talked about earlier, this was a little rekindling of the twenty twelve beef with the Richard Sherman Brady you mad all that stuff, and it was.
Speaker 6: It was Bill versus Pete, so coach versus successor.
Speaker 7: Pete was the last Patriots coach before Bill, only the third time in NFL history that successor has met current coach.
Speaker 6: In the in a super Bowl.
Speaker 7: The other two web you Banks and Don Shula in Super Bowl three and then John Gruden in Callahan.
Speaker 6: In Super Bowl thirty seven. I believe it was Raiders Bucks. So a little piece of successor trivia for you.
Speaker 2: There a lot of history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, jack Man, no problem, brother.
Speaker 7: So yeah, this was and this was also the first postseason meeting between these two teams, which is obviously given n FC a f C stuff.
Speaker 2: All Right, who was the referee of the game?
Speaker 6: I believe that was Bill vin was it? This was Vinovich?
Speaker 2: I believe who was the halftime show? Jack, Katy Perry, Lenny Kravitz.
Speaker 7: Those are extra long halftimes, as I recall, Right, did you ever see any the halftime shows?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: I never said.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember our halftime show. I don't remember an you didn't do a uh er kick Fiersonunter two years ago or in Miami went Kickers little he.
Speaker 2: Was watching Snoop and then yeah on Cincinnati. Yeah, could you imagine what was he thinking? What was he thinking?
Speaker 6: I want to see Snoop that I Snoop was performing.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine someone leaving the halftime of ours to watch the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: She would to be playing the second half. Bell would put you.
Speaker 1: Right on the bench, right on the bench, instant out.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter what type of first half you had.
Speaker 7: I remember remember uh deep in the games with names Trivia Bank here Michael Irvin said he did the same thing in their Super Bowl to go catch a glimpse of Michael Jackson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he said he was taking a dump. He just ran down the way.
Speaker 2: Wild wild though.
Speaker 1: So we go in this game and we're we're driving right away? Was it that the first drive and then Tom Tom threw a pick in the right area the Jeremy lane and Jeremy lane.
Speaker 2: Well that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Remember we were driving. I felt like we were driving, that we were driving.
Speaker 7: It was a little feeling out Chess match early in the first scoreless first quarter, a couple of punts in there, and then yeah, we finally got something going, and then.
Speaker 1: We got something going in that and then right before half this is I remember the first half we scored. LaFell scored on the slant. Then they came back.
Speaker 4: There was another pick too.
Speaker 1: Yep, later on in the first half. Yeah, let me double chet four tugs though four different receivers to and then I remember right before half we got we we had a great last shot situation where we were trying to take as much time off and you know, get points. That's when we got that man look with Rob and fifty across from him, and Rob ran the go and smoked him. That was like our first play of man coverage that we got.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was right, No, it was the second because I had that third alright, there was a third downward on third and short and medium. They were they were notorious for that.
Speaker 2: I think that's where they went wrong in that game because then on our final drive and when you scored the game winning touch on they did man coverage again.
Speaker 1: But they that's when times that's when they were using the man coverage in the red area, remember, And that's when we put in x return spin. Yes, we put that in the night before the game because our coaches were like, we think we could get more man in the red area.
Speaker 2: We didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't rep that play. We put it in on paper and we did in the walkthrough, But right before half, Rob scores. They had like twenty five seconds or something, and then all of a sudden, you know, they had they drove the ball, got a penalty, and then they scored with like two seconds left before the half, and that was like they were getting the ball at halftime. That was kind of like a little momentum swing right there.
Speaker 7: Six seconds left from the eleven. Yeah, Pete goes for the in zone and they scored.
Speaker 4: Chris Matthews, Well, you guys kind of dominated a lot in the first half.
Speaker 1: I felt like we had their number, but they made great plays like and that's the type of defense they were. You had to earn everything against that type of defense. They were gonna bend, they were gonna let you go. But they always banked on teams to make mistakes, throw turnovers, let their defense aligne get after the quarterback, make him make a bad decision, and getting inter like that's what they relied on, you know, And that's what happened twice, even though we were driving the ball, you know, we threw two picks and then that's nullified. So even though we felt like we were making hay, you know, in that first half, the points didn't show it because situationally, we weren't playing the game the way we needed to.
Speaker 4: Russell Wilson didn't complete his first pass to five minutes left in the second quarter.
Speaker 1: You could see that their game plan though. Their game plan, they were trying to run the rock and.
Speaker 2: They were trying to control the ball as well, so we weren't on the field control on it. Yeah, and in the end we actually time of possession we were thirty three minutes and they were twenty six minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rob, can you can you take us back out the walk through your touchdown just if you remember it, kind of like beat by V.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: Actually, right when the play got called, I went out wide and I saw that it was man coverage, and I saw that he was off of me. And we practiced that a few times already the week before prior. And when the guys playing about ten to twelve yards off of me, and I had all that room still to go into the end zone and run by him, I got to get up on his That's how you get by someone when they're twelve yards off of you. Yeah, you got to toe tap them so then they don't know where you're going. They don't know if you're coming back, if you're going inside. I got up on kJ Wright's toes and right when he was out there, we already wrapped this a couple times in practice, so I knew I had him. I knew Tom was gonna zone in on me no matter what. If you watch the play, Tom stared me down the whole entire time because he knew he was going to me as well. These are one of the times where you just know from practice when the ball is going to come for you, so you're a little extra amped up every time. I knew I had to make the play. I knew it was my time to get my first touchdown ever in history in the Super Bowl. So I got up on kJ Wright's toes, did a little move at the top so he didn't know where I was going, and then boom went right around him to the right and ran a fade route and Tom put it up there where only I could get it. I beat him by like two yards, which is a lot in the NFL, and Tom put it up there, caught the ball, just squeezed it because I knew he was going to be right there and going to come in and try to pop that ball out, because that's what good defenders did when he was a good defender. He tried to pop it out, but I squeezed it hard enough, landed and just grond spike that football out of nowhere and the crowd went crazy. I think the bullpopped. The ball did almost pop that time.
Speaker 4: Well, I also wanted to ask you to run with a play like that. When you get that look it's clearly one on one you against the linebacker mismatch, do you you kind of answered it a little bit, But do you just know from the situation the ball's coming away, or do you like, look at Tom you kind of have a little bit of a thing, or like do you just you can just read the defense, you know what's coming your way. You don't actually have to make up.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like starts in practice, Like I said, when you know you're getting that coverage, and right when I went out there and I knew it was one on one with a linebacker as well, Uh, it was the best opportunity on the field for Tom to throw to for a completion and for a big play as well. And Tom throws it mismaitch. Yeah, whenever there's a mismatch. Tom throws it to the mismatch every single time. Basically ninety nine percent of the time he's throwing to the mismatch, and he's not looking at anyone else on the field when he sees that mismatch. Even if Julian you were wide open by twenty yards or whatever, it doesn't matter. He wasn't looking at you because you weren't the mismatch at that moment. I was a mismatch there. He considered that mismatch because there was a linebacker on me. It didn't matter what linebacker. kJ Wright great player, but he didn't care. Tom and Kerr whenever he saw a linebacker on me, he always told me, I don't care what linebacker is on you ground, I'm going to throw you the ball because that's a mismatch. You're faster than linebackers and you're more athletic than linebacker. So right when I went out there, I knew that ball was coming to me. Man. And it's also.
Speaker 1: Another thing where like you know, I think we were in the fringe. We were on like the thirty six were the thirties?
Speaker 2: What was it? How big of a t was it? Twenty eight yard er?
Speaker 1: It was twenty two yard twenty two yarder, so you're right there, you're about to hit that red area. And anytime you see a defender like a linebacker five yards off on Rob, it's automatically a mismatch because what people don't realize, Rob was faster than every linebacker, and he can accelerate so instantaneously. When once that ball is snapped and you see that linebacker as a quarterback doesn't give any ground in grunks going full speed, that's a layup, you know what I mean, because he's got to flip his hips grunks going full speed. Grunk's big enough to play through contact even if the guy tries to grab him.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: That's why it's such a mismatch. That's why we when he saw that look one time. We saw that look once and then they stopped doing it because it was a twenty two yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yes, and like you said, I knew I already had the advantage as well. I think he would have been better off playing me up press up press coverage because that's where we're kind of even. I mean, I didn't have I had acceleration, but I didn't have acceleration, you know, like an insane celeration where I would just absolutely burn by a linebacker. But once I got going and I was in my stride, you couldn't stop me. Then that's when I was lethal. And then then when he was about I think he was like eight yards off of me, I knew I could get in that stride, get on his toes, make a little move at the top when I got on his toes, and then boom went right around him for the fade route, and Tom threw was ball to right on the money man, right on the money.
Speaker 1: Even if they pressed though, that's bullshit. You were quicker than Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: I was just being humble jewels. All right.
Speaker 1: So we get tied up at halftime, fourteen four fourteen fourteen, we're in We're in there. I don't I don't really remember anything specific with the code. I just remember it was kind of like, we know what we have to do, kind of the same old spiel. We had heard it a lot of halftimes. You know, let's just play within the play. We can't win it all on, you know, one play, So if we all do our job well consistently, we'll be all right. We just got to take care of the football, and that was kind of the game plan. I think once we left the locker room, it was.
Speaker 2: The game plan. And it's basically been the same game plan that it was the whole entire year. And what's special about the Super Bowl as well as coach Balichak gets you prepared, you know, the way he needs to get you prepared, that's for sure. He doesn't amp up the game at all. He tells us, hey, guys, you don't need ton energy drinks for this game. You don't need to, you know, do this for this game. It's just another football game. We're gonna prepare it the same way because we prepare to the highest tee we could every single game, regular season game or a playoff game or the Super Bowl game. So therefore, you know, you go in with the same game plan that you always do. You prepare the same way. You don't do anything, you know, extraordinary to throw you off your game. So going into it, you know, we felt confident, We felt ready to go.
Speaker 1: I felt like good coaching, like a real good coach gives you information that helps you. Okay, you know, we're all professionals in the locker room. We don't need a raw rock guy that should come probably from like a leader. That usually came from, like you know, one of the players. But when you you know, at least in our locker rooms, halftimes are always professional, like this is what we've seen. These are the five plays that we're gonna lean on because we saw we got good tell from it from what we did in the first half. We're getting away from this group of plays because they ain't working, they're not playing the game we thought it was. So these plays take it out of your head. That's kind of how halftimes were in our locker room. You get four minutes right when you get in just to clear your mind while the coaches they go and have their discussion. So there's a four minute grace pier where guys are just kind of quiet and letting the emotions settle down. You know, you're kind of letting everything that just happened.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like when the players are all together. Then that breaks up where we go into O and d oh on one side of the locker room, d on the other side of the locker room, and you go over those plays that you think you can you know, make better, or you go over certain game plan something keys that we fell we can have going into the second half, and then you come over together as a whole unit, where the coach gives you his keys of what he thinks we need to do as a collective unit to succeed in the second half. That's kind of how it was for us. It wasn't like, you know, this one's for.
Speaker 2: The get bird type shit. You know.
Speaker 1: It was more of, all right, fellas, we ain't doing this, this, this, we need to do this, this, this as a team, this this, this, thirty more minutes, put your best foot forward. We all just need to play our job, do our job well, and let's go. And then that's kind of how it was.
Speaker 2: Set it right on, baby, That's how it was every week. That's how it didn't change. Didn't change regular season, playoffs or super Bowl. That's how it was. Man.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl is just longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was longer. And he got us prepared because in practice the week before, we would practice for an hour and then he would take us off the field for yeah or twenty minutes, whatever the halftime was, and then we would go back out to the practice field and we were all pissed because practice would be longer. Than any Vegas.
Speaker 1: We have to do this little dynamic warm up, all right, We practiced a dynamic that we'd have to do to get our bodies roll.
Speaker 2: Fucking Ivan Fears, you got over here, coming over.
Speaker 1: Ivan Fears was our running backs coach, and he'd have to He'd always get up there whenever, like the beginning of the year, we had to do our stretch lines because you have to teach everyone how you have to do pre game routine, and so in the Super Bowl it was always a little different too. So that's when he got his encore where you know, Ivan would come up there. You have his He'd have his fucking binder paper with like the stadium drawn on the way he drew it.
Speaker 2: Alright, gosh, you gotta come over here. I'man gonna come here, and heeds go over here, and he'd be drawn it up on there.
Speaker 1: No one understood a fucking thing he said the whole time, because he's yelling the whole time. Iven's very animated, Ah, we're gonna get it there, and everyone's looking at him like, do you know where the fuck we're going?
Speaker 6: I have no clue, Like he's got a diagram of the.
Speaker 1: But he remember he would know he's going there his little fucking notebook.
Speaker 2: He'd be sleeping for a majority of the halftime, say the halftimes, twenty minutes super Bowl halftime, he's taking a nap as well, eighteen minutes. He sleeps for all sunny wakes.
Speaker 1: I'ves you had to get in this little moment.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeh it.
Speaker 1: You know he was what is it called neck narc elliptic, narcoleptic.
Speaker 2: Literally that's a big word, Jules for me, I'm a math guy. Okay, I know. I know. We won the Super Bowl twenty eight, twenty four. We won by four points. I always he coach.
Speaker 1: I would sometimes look at coach fears because sometimes he you know, I don't know if he was sleeping, but he was, uh, his eyes were resting in meetings sometimes and ives had these ears and I was sitting look.
Speaker 2: At his ears. He had the hairriest ears I have ever seen.
Speaker 1: I remember once looking at his ear hair for maybe because we'd have like a fifty minute team meeting. Sometimes I looked at him for a square eight minutes just looking at that. I was like, man, coach, you need to clean that Thing's got to be a mission to get a Q tip in there, the weed whacker out. Jeez oh, man Fear. I love Coach Fears.
Speaker 2: Sears the man. You know. Coach Fears was my dad's coach at Syracuse as well. I didn't want to hear scuse that's that's the living legend of Coach Fears. And how long he has been around.
Speaker 6: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Blue Guy, Glue guy, he's a glue guys. Scar Fears, geez our.
Speaker 2: Coach Adams was legit, legit as well. This year we did it.
Speaker 7: No, this was googe Oh, that's right, guge googe Goode was great legend.
Speaker 1: Games with Names is doing a live show. That's right, We're coming home. Join us in person August thirtieth at the Wilburt in Boston. I don't want to spoil too much, but it's gonna be a hell of a story, and hey, you never know who might show up. Pre sale tickets are available Wednesday, February seventh at ten am Eastern Standard Time at theo Wilbur dot com. Use a promo code GWN get them before they're gone.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Games with Names is brought to you by my friends at win Bet. Win Bet is bringing the excitement of win Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor to online sports betting. Whether you're a recreational gamer or a serious handicapper, win bet is your ticket to every exciting wager, from straight up bets to parlays, teasers, and any prop that you can dream up. All players have access to the win rewards and you can redeem them for win resort credit in Las Vegas and Boston. Sign up today and get in the game online or visit Boston Sportsbook at Encore Boston Harbor. There's no better way to enjoy some sports with the little extra winnings in your pocket. Betting is a team sport. Join the win bet team and bet with the best.
Speaker 7: Must be twenty one or older in present in the state where playthrough win bet is available. Terms and conditions at windbet dot com. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem called winn eight hundred five to two to two four seven zero zero.
Speaker 6: Should we get into this third quarter?
Speaker 2: Real? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Third quarter of the storyline. Seahawks held the Pats scoreless ten to nothing. Uh, they come out and get a Houshka field goal. Then it leads to a un a Brady pick comes next second of the game. Second, This was a second and then that led to a long Seattle drive and then that was a dug bald when touchdown where he did the poop celebration. Remember that he acted like he was taking the dump and the ball was the dump. He got a fifteen yard flag for that though. He Yeah, that's pretty bold pulling out the poop celebration in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it would have been remembered if they won.
Speaker 1: Seriously, and you remember if the one that.
Speaker 2: Was a punalty, wasn't it it was. It didn't really hurt him though, because it was it was the punally was pursued in forrest on the kickoff and they kicked and it was a and then they just yeah, freaking touch back off for a touchback. So he got away.
Speaker 7: He got away with that one. And then going into the fourth down twenty four to fourteen. Up until this point, that would have been the lart. That was the largest Super Bowl comeback of all time. The biggest deficit was was seven up until that, which is crazy. Really super Bowl five when the biggest defosit in the fourth quarter or come back from overall, Yeah, any team it comes back at that time.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's the incredible longest.
Speaker 7: The largest fourth quarter comebacks up until this game in the Super Bowl was seven points.
Speaker 6: It's kind of nuts.
Speaker 2: Hey, I just came up with an idea. You know, a kind of a of a play. Creative play is when you score a touchdown, like what was it Doug Ball when he had the poop celebration, and then the penalty was enforced on the kickoff, So then they're kicking off from what their own fifteen? Oh, their own fifteen? All right, So then it wasn't a touchback.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was.
Speaker 6: I don't I think it was.
Speaker 4: Let mean, double check here.
Speaker 2: Because I thought, how did that play out? How does that penalty?
Speaker 6: So howishka it was a fifteen yard or.
Speaker 2: Field goal? Let me see, did they do it on the field goal? Maybe on the field. No, it's not on the field. It's it's on the kick because one is it when the guy's kicking off on like their own forty and then they like just chip shot it and it goes out for.
Speaker 1: A guy the skykick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why does it happen? What's that type of penalty that has to incur if.
Speaker 1: It's if it's if you're roughing into the kicker or some some kind of defensive penalty.
Speaker 2: Because in that opportunity, if I was kicking the ball, I would never kick it for a touchback. I would go for an on side kick every single time then, because then you're the onside kick. If you don't recover it, it would still be on their like forty their only five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then yeah, they're they're a play away from being from three points.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because this was unsportsman like conduct fifteen yards forced in between downs, how she could kick the extra point? And then he kicked off from the Seattle twenty all right, so he made.
Speaker 2: It thirty five? Yeah, all right. I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 6: I liked it where were yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Like where I was sportsman if it was if it was roughing the kicker, yep, and it was fifteen the other way, then it could work like or.
Speaker 2: It was on sportsman like for some reason after the play kicking, yeah, or on the offense.
Speaker 4: I've always wondered for on site kick if you cause you can like pick the ball up right on the kickoff and you can like drop kick it. If you could we.
Speaker 1: Tried that in the game plan with Ebner. Yeah, we did have that in the game. I think we tried it one time. Then what about Abner? We had him on our squad as well. Yeah, Eves, yeah, Eaves. What a team we have, Bro, what a team. That was the best year for sure. That was a good year, great year.
Speaker 7: They will be so proud of us right now talking situational football, proud of us. So going into the fourth down ten uh, the comeback gets started on the third and fourteen conversion Jules's twenty one yard catch there over the middle.
Speaker 6: You remember that one, you latch player in playoff history?
Speaker 4: Do you actually remember that play?
Speaker 2: We needed to play jeweles. You came through third down, fourth down, second down, if we needed a first down, you got us at every single time, no matter what year it was playoffs or Super Bowl. Thanks appreciate it, Bro, That's why you're in my wing. Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, you gotta move the chains to score touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Someone's got to move the chat, move the chains. I was this guy that scored the touch.
Speaker 1: And you gotta move the taines score a touchdown now, Yeah that was that was I mean, yeah, I remember that play. Everyone talks about a concussion. Hipray got concussed on that play. Remember they got hit by Cam Chancellor.
Speaker 2: That explains everything. Joe's can you walk us through that play?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean on the punt return before that, I took a hip shot, so I returned the punt. We went into no huddle right away because we knew there was what seven minutes left, and you know, we kind of boosted the urgency. We needed some kind of spark on offense. A lot of times you can get in no huddle it you know, it gets the offense going, you can move the ball, keeps one defense on the field, you can get some plays called. So we went into no huddle and then it was this third and fourteen and I'm already fucking my My hip is tugging because I took a hit pointer on the punt return, so in between plays it would be tugging, and then your adrenaline kicks in. Right before play was you know, ten f stalk. I think it was triple left triple in which you know you got the the incut the under. We were flooding the zone and I had the deep end on the back side and you have a quarterback clock in your head. When you're running routes, especially if you're running a deep route over the middle, you know, usually that balls hit to you on the numbers on an incut, you know, because you have it's middle of the field closed, meaning there's a middlefield safety, and that anytime you get past that, he gets involved and that's when big hits come. So I'm running the route and I get to the top of the route, I'm I'm I'm still running, and I'm still running, and so Tom he had to do something, gets into the pocket, steps up and it's late in my head, so you know you're about to take a fucking hit. So he zips it across the middle. I'm probably halfway in between the field, so you know there's there's a shark lurking. That's that middlefield safety. So you better dig in, you better prepare for the hit. And that's why I brought it into the body and I clinched right before I hit it, and Cam hit me, and it like hit me hard, and I didn't know if I was down.
Speaker 2: I was good.
Speaker 1: I braced myself for the hit. So a lot of people think I was knocked out that play because of how I tried to get up at the end, you know, But that's when the adrenaline kicked. My hip pulled. I tried to get up and my hip pulled. If anyone who's had a hit pointer, you had hit pointers, Ah, when you get that hit pointer, it singes on you and it pulls all those muscles in your hip. So like when the adrenalin's down, that thing just starts singing on me. And I'm like, oh, and everyone thinks I can't get up because I'm staggered because of the hit, which it was a fucking hit and I felt the hit.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: Cam chancers a fucking dog, but it was because of my hip and there was no concussion. So everyone out there, oh the concussion wrong? Mean, no, dude, take a little tea spoon of cement, go up, You pick up your goddamn self.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Toughness, toughness, Rob.
Speaker 4: What's funny about that play is when we were doing your documentary, we tried to license that footage for that. It's a big play to get into the NFL. There was no penalty called, there's nothing, there was no fun allowing legal play in the eyes of the NFL. We tried to license that footage for the documentary. They go, no shot, that doesn't represent the NFL. So it was never in the movie. No flag though, no fine wild.
Speaker 1: It didn't need a flag, It didn't need a fine.
Speaker 4: Let me use it, Let me use it, Let me give you the money, and I'll put it in.
Speaker 2: The movie Football. They said it didn't represent the NFL. That was a heck of a play by you. You remember that novel by cam Chancellor like that, and to make that catch and the hold on to it, you know how hard that is.
Speaker 1: And I remember him grunting too. He grunted when when we when we hit. You know, sometimes you hear something, you ever hear something, guy goes.
Speaker 2: He's like. I was like, I was like, I remember here going.
Speaker 7: I was like, And then you follow him up with another big third down twenty one yard catch to twenty one yard catch in the same drive.
Speaker 1: They pe dropped us. So what they did was when you got into that red area on third down, sometimes they had a man key where they did a lot of man or sometimes they had a mixer where they would drop only rush three and put everyone in coverage. Which that's common when you're getting close to the red area because there's more bodies, and with Tom not being a runner, you want more bodies and coverage. So the pe dropper went on that next third down, and so I have like a juke route where you kind of have reins to do a lot of shit. And so I see that the pea dropper, and it's like a cardinal sin to go behind because you have a guy behind you football player. Being a football player, I went right behind in my slid the zone and Tom hit me, you know, and and we got the first down. But you know, that's one of those things where you know, like Rob said, you kind of know when when Tom's coming to you do to coverage. He knew on that that man coverage it was coming to him. I knew on the coverage that I was getting the ball on the p that I had to find the soft spot of the zone because everyone else is probably covered because they had a lot of guys in coverage. So I found that soft spot. He hits me, and then you know, Danny scored a touchdown two plays later. Yep, and Danny's touchdown again, we had the outside under by LaFell, which we scored on the first the first route. And remember then then Danny had the little bender.
Speaker 2: It was bender.
Speaker 1: It was bender in the end zone, and then I had the I had the speedo from the three, so you had the speed I had and then you came back right. No, it's kind of a no, I have speedo where I go out of there because Danny's got the bender, and then we have the under from the outside.
Speaker 2: Danny scored on the bender. Yeah, red zone. It kind of like means like you kind of go over and you head to the pylon. Yeah, no, that was me.
Speaker 1: I was a three, so I went all the way to the other side, all right. The two goes the near upright, the three has the under. So the read is that three two. You know, if you had that cover seven sometimes you can bend them and break it. If they had the cover seven on me, meaning they're doubling me, you're taking one of the defenders out of there. Danny's got leverage and that's when Tom zipped them, all right, and then the third read is LaFell on the under. If everyone goes back in the end zone, then you hit LaFell in the under and you're hoping that you know, he scores.
Speaker 2: I was just blocking this whole drive just protecting Tom, doing my you know, my duties in the blocking game.
Speaker 4: Were you and that's why you're the greatest titand ever?
Speaker 6: Yeah baby, why yeah baby?
Speaker 2: And then on the droppers still I was just helping out, you know, making sure Tom didn't get touched the whole drive. And then I came through on the final catch. You and Shane o oh yeah, what about Shane Veren as well? I mean, what how many catch? Fourteen catches for how many yards? We gotta give a Huig shout out? He had shout out to show eleven catches sixty four yards. Eleven catches sixty four yards and then no touchdowns, no touchdowns. But they were crucial catches game, they were.
Speaker 1: They were well people don't realize with those kind of catches, those are great plays because they were very pivotal in just moving the chains, you know, especially with the defense. Like we said earlier in the episode, this defense is a ball hawking defense that plays really good zone. You know, they make you earn every play and they wait for you to make a mistake. So a lot of quarterbacks, instead of hitting that checkdown, they tried to force it into somewhere. And that's why they had so many picks because you know they're in that those zones and they played those zones very well, and.
Speaker 2: The quarterbacks would try to force it, force it. That's when the opportunities come to have those interceptions.
Speaker 1: So they dare the quarterback to be patient, which for so you think, oh, that's that's so easy. But you know these guys want to they want those big chunk plays. You know, guys want to throw the ball. But you know that's what Tom did with and he did that especially with Shane. You know where he'd hit Shane in that backfield, being probably the third fourth option, but shaneo would get five six yards, keep the chains moving, keep us into positive play and and then we go on and you know it's kind of like the jabs.
Speaker 2: That's those jobs. What made Brady so great is that he went force the ball. He knew what type of defense they were running and they wanted him to force it and he won it, and he would dish it the Shane Veren the whole entire game and just keep the chains going, keep the positive plays going, because that's what's crucial. If you don't have positive plays, that's when you start getting stopped and that's when you start punting the ball, and it's a vantaged defense the whole entire game.
Speaker 1: And you get down, you get you get backed up on down and distance. Yes, so then it takes out chunks of your playbook because in you know, second and six is you have a huge category of plays that you can you can dip into. Then you know second and ten where you got to try to get it into third manageable because it's a lot easier to get in manageable.
Speaker 2: But the difference for you.
Speaker 1: Know, Brady who knows how to hit these checkdown there's a difference between quarterbacks that just hit checkdowns and guys that hit the checkdown and there's the one play where the checkdown's not there and there's that little opening to the end cut where he sees it and he has to hit that. You have to make them pay when they make them pay when they when they're not in the area. And that's what Brady could do. That's that's the thing. You see a lot of these quarterbacks hitting these checkdowns. I don't want to say any names, but especially nowadays, checkdowns, checkdown and they forget the element where that's your job. You're setting something else up. Okay, once that jet, once he slides that jab, you have that two to go hit him. You need to hit the fucking two. You need to pull the trigger. And that's what Tommy could do.
Speaker 2: And that's the all they way to break a defense that bends but doesn't break is by being consistent with hitting those checkdowns and then when you finally have that opportunity, that's the only time you can break a defense like that. That's what tom did and that's what we did as a team, and.
Speaker 7: To take the lead after this awesome drive of jab jab jab Jewels with an impeccable whip route on the goal line time this time was that a rip?
Speaker 2: They called it a return. I saw a whip route. Jeweles was really good at I got him ready in the showers. I always took my towel and I always whipped them. So then when it came down to the moment, Julian's like, oh, it's a whip route. I'm really good at getting whipped.
Speaker 4: So you guys had that a similar play call, or you had a similar ride or a similar play call on the prior drive before the dol A touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yah, it was the same play so you saw it, you.
Speaker 4: Knew it was there, you knew you're gonna go back to it. The same situation arose.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we saw that, we got the man look, and we missed it, and we didn't know if were gonna have the opportunity to get it again. But you know, we saw it again and they called the play and we were able to get it and we scored, and we're sitting there like, you know, awesome, Now they got to go down to score. We thought we had the game in the bank until fucking some of these crazy catches came.
Speaker 2: Some crazy shine over.
Speaker 6: Jamie Collins.
Speaker 4: I gotta I want to ask a quick question too, because this is the first super Bowl you both scored. You scored your first touchdown in a super Bowl. You grew up playing football. That's like a live or dream moment. You like lived your whole life thinking about that in the backyard. Do you have that feeling at that moment or are you so in the game so much adrenaline there's time in the clock that you wait till afterwards to feel that feeling.
Speaker 1: Now you you feel I mean, I felt electricity, but you also have you have this switch in your head where like, game's not over, you know, and ultimately we were. We already went to a Super Bowl and lost.
Speaker 4: So that that like the shines a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: More of like, now we have to focus up and we got to fucking finish this thing because it ain't nobody gonna remember any of our touchdowns if we don't win.
Speaker 2: I do remember that right after you score. Yeah, I was super excited, superjuice, but still in back of my mind, I knew the game wasn't over. I knew there was like, what about a minute thirty left in.
Speaker 6: The clock or minute forty two left.
Speaker 2: I knew that we had to stop them. Still, so I was excited. I was pumped up, but still I was on the sidelines ready to go in again just in case if they scored right away and we had just a little opportunity left, a little time left, like thirty seconds on the clock, because that's what you got to do. We've been there in that situation before. We lost the Giants already in twenty twelve in Indianapolis on the final drive of the game as well, so you saw it happen in seven as well. The game's not over until the game's over, especially versus a great team like Seattle. So in back of our minds after Julian score, we knew we had to do what we had to do on offense, but we also knew the game wasn't over yet.
Speaker 7: It wasn't the you got the we talked about it. The marsh On Lynch catch where Jamie Collins has to chasing. That was a good route man in great round, great throw. Then you got a couple of great defensive plays by Butler Browner on that drive, and then you get the Curse catch in yours like that.
Speaker 2: And that was a great play.
Speaker 1: But people don't realize that was a great play by Malcolm on that scene on Curse when Curse made.
Speaker 2: That weird back catch and then Malcolm Butler headed out of his hands. No he hit. What happened?
Speaker 1: You got to?
Speaker 2: You got it? Oh? Is this a Javon's curse catch? Oh, Malcolm Butler did make a hair play. Let's see it. Oh that's the fight? Where is it?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Malcolm Malcolm Butler couldn't do anything more. I remember it now. That was his spec spectacular catch about it. But like that was a spectacular coverage. It was you can't do anything about it. I mean, Malcolm Butler, it did what he needed to do.
Speaker 1: And it was crazy to see Malcolm come in and have the mental toughness because I mean, I think we I think we went away from Arrington. Errington was starting that game and Butler. You know, Arrington gave up some plays and Malcolm they put him out him in there after he made a play on the scene because we're getting eat by those seams, remember that, yes, And then Malcolm came in. He was making plays left and right. He was like a little like a little spark, a little spark, little puppy dog out there. And and you know, after I saw this, I'm sitting here like, man, that's gonna suck for this is this sucks?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: That was a great ass play by Malcolm. And I'm not gonna lie at this point. I'm sitting there, I'm trying to do math in my head. I'm sitting here, like how much time we're gonna get the ball? What plays do we have in our menu?
Speaker 2: Are they gonna score right away? I think you're gonna go back out on the field. What type of place are we gonna run? What do I gotta be ready? For two minutes pace offense. How many timeouts do we have? I was preparing, That's what we were doing. Were We were just mentally programmed like that to be just ready for the final drive as well.
Speaker 6: If they scored, thankfully, night Tower makes a great tackle.
Speaker 2: On that tackle as a game saving tackle. People don't realize that night Tower is absolute monster.
Speaker 1: Was it a first down or second down?
Speaker 7: That was on first and then second down? The interception heard around the world if you will. Malcolm makes another heck of a play, the greatest play and maybe Super Bowl history of his career.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was so crazy, But I remember vividly once they got in that formation. That week of practice we practiced. Our defense was practicing that play four or five times, and Josh Boyce scored every single time on it. And I'm sitting there because in Super Bowl practice, where you're chilling before your next period, where you sit down, you hone in you want to see what the defense is doing, how they're practicing, because you know, you want to see what we're going into. And I remember, do you remember watching this play with Josh Boyce fucking lighting us up four or five times? And I remember them like you gotta get physical.
Speaker 6: Browner did just that, thankfully.
Speaker 2: And Malcolm Butler came through. I remember Malcolm in practice was sitting back more. You know, he wasn't being aggressive. And then what happened that play was calling the game and Malcolm Butler was super aggressive and made the play that he needed to make. It wasn't happening without up the preparation in practice the week before. So Ernie coaches shout out to Ernie, Ernie Adams.
Speaker 7: You got grunk, you had any good We talk Ernie Adams stories on here all the time. You got any good, any interactions.
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember about one time in my career he came up to me and I never knew who the guy was. I've been wondering who he was for about four years my first four years. Never talked to him ever, just looked always looked at HIMIM like, this guy's just a genius. Just just thought about that to my head, like this guy is just a g as well. And he just came up to me after a play and he and he just gave me a coaching point. I don't recall exactly what it was. And then I just felt special.
Speaker 1: Ever since that moment and Ernie Nugget, Ernie.
Speaker 2: Ernie Nugget. It was my only one in my career. It was like it was like ten years ago, literally four years in. That's why I knew I finally made it. I got Ernie Nugget.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, oh man.
Speaker 4: And then after the pig, Oh, we can't we can't move We can't move on from this play yet, this interception Malcolm Butler. So, I know a lot of like the public discourse about this is that this was the stupidest thing in the world, dumb play call. Should just give it to marshaw on Lynch. Do you guys agree with that? Or is there because there's.
Speaker 1: The whole time out situation where we're building take the time out because he saw the running personnel group was in there.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's tough, man. We had like all I.
Speaker 1: Think we had we had like fourteen personnel where it's all big boys in like two corners.
Speaker 4: Who was in I think there was three?
Speaker 2: Three? And so you want to throw the person off personnel. So I mean that's right technically yes.
Speaker 4: So so I'm a huge Pats fan, So I'm not going to like stand on the soapbox for the Seahawks. I just hate that the discourse is like him. You should have give it to Marshal Lynch because when you really like dive into this play, it's a lot more like nuance. And there's a lot more like chess happening between Pete Carroll and the Seahawks and what with the Patriots and the Belichick and not just like in this moment, but as you mentioned, chess moves happening in preparation, Well, you knew this play was a thing here, and I think that like it does this play a disservice, and it does the Seahawks a disservice to just say, oh, you should just rent it with Marshawn. Because Marshawn Lynch only had five carries inside the one yard line this year, only one scored a touchdown, so he wasn't like an automatic goal line back. He's not Mike Alstott. Also, situationally, the clock was running, Belichick decided not the call timeout, even though I'm back at my house yelling call time out like that guy, you know, you don't know the shit, right, And so it puts them in the situation where the clock is running, there's one timeout there's three more downs left. If you run it that play and you miss, you have the call timeout, and now your next two plays are kind of you kind of have to pass it or you really kind of put yourself into a box. And I think that just this play does deserves more nuance. And Pete Carroll's not an idiot, and like, I don't know, that's my that's my soapbox of it all, that this.
Speaker 2: Play is more than just run it without a doubt. I mean, that's just people that don't know football is saying that. I like it.
Speaker 4: That's the best dissection I've ever heard of that And man, I just fucking love football because you can just dissect this one play and there's just so much layers on it. I just hate that. This is just like the discourse is just like, oh, just run it motion Lynch. I digress. I'll got off my soapbox. This is kind of like football.
Speaker 2: You hear that right on the money, brother.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a crow nut. You got a bunch of layers of just little beautifulness blazed up into one. You take that hole out, you dip it into a little coffee, take a bite of it.
Speaker 4: That's just play that's right, And I have so many notes on this, but like also Pete Carroll had Browner on his roster the year before. He should know that he has the ability to blow up this play, right, So if you want, like maybe the play call was wrong, right, but like the idea of pass it just he didn't check that last Belichick move to like make this to play the win.
Speaker 1: They hit this play like five times though in the year. That's what people don't realize. Yeah, you know, there's an old saying you are which you are, you do what you do. You hear those types of things about teams, and that's what this team was. It was a do what they do type of team. Confident in their process, confident in what they do. They're not changing for you, They're confident in their execution, and you change for them.
Speaker 2: Well, Malcolm By may have changed that hole goddamn thing.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, we love you, Malcolm. And then it ain't over yet. It ain't over yet.
Speaker 2: Analized team in the NFL.
Speaker 7: Commits a penalty in the game and then all hell breaks loose, Baby Gronk, can you take us inside that?
Speaker 2: That's when the Haymakers started get a couple hay Makers. There a couple hay Makers over there. We got Michael Bennett came after me through a hay Maker Michael. They tackled me. I got to give a shout out to who Man away from the play as well. He came in had to get a piece of the action as well, and he wasn't even involved that much at that moment. So shout out to who Man for protecting my back as well.
Speaker 1: Who Man is the guy that you wanted to Definitely he's But.
Speaker 2: I remember the play before. I was like, man, they kind of came after us and kind of gave us a cheap shot on the first knee. I think there was a knee before that. I was like the next one. I was like, there's gonna be a brawl. So I was kind of prepared. I was kind of ready, and then all hell just broke loose from there. Put it that much more to the game. Look at look at that. Look at that.
Speaker 1: That's the most smiling I've seen there.
Speaker 2: We got all good thing. They got the penalty right there right here. Look at Oh yeah, a couple of shops, a couple when it comes to haymaker. Oh ready, Oh the slap in your face. Get out of here. Boy. Yeah, that I got tackled. This was a cherry on top, cherry on top. There's who Matt, I love you? Who I love you? Who at Wendy your Wendy to get in there, Wendy. I kind of wish we battled longer, actually thinking about it. This was the hot This was the highlight of the game. Malcolm Butler interception by the Haymakers.
Speaker 4: Watch this again, but look for Matt Slater. Watch for Slaters.
Speaker 2: Let's check out Slater.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Guys, Stop, stop guys, you guys. He's like, where is what the Fred.
Speaker 8: Grin?
Speaker 2: Don't do that? Peace Baker jumping up and down on you. That's how I used to talk old Matt. I love it, man.
Speaker 1: That was a fun That was a fun game.
Speaker 2: Fun game, fun year, fun memories man. That yeah, I mean that was the cherry on the top. It really was the game that got us in the super Bowl club as well, the aftermath just overall everything, that whole entire year.
Speaker 1: Man, We win the We win our first super Bowl in ten years, y'all's first ever, our first parade as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's hear some parades.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Bro, It was the best party of my life. I've never been to a parade like that in my life. We got snowed in, Yeah, we did get They had to.
Speaker 1: They had change parade date because we had a Nor'easter and we got Yeah we got hammered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got hammered. There was fifty beers getting thrown at me at one time, Like you.
Speaker 1: Had to get hammered a little fireball shots.
Speaker 2: Shout out just to the city of Boston as well. They know what's up, man, They know how to celebrate. They love of the Patriots as well. They loved their sports, so without them as well, the Prey would never be the parade without their fans.
Speaker 1: Too straight faris Bueller's day off? Literally, that was such a That was the fun.
Speaker 2: That was so fun.
Speaker 4: What was with the Minions hat?
Speaker 2: Grink? I'm not sure. I was leaving my house there was a couple of Minions Minions hats on the counter and I just grabbed them. Yeah. I was like, man, this you know goes good with it. Minions. I'm about to have a Minion party.
Speaker 1: A million and milliion drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh dude. I almost didn't make the Prey because I was passed out in the airport because I went to Jimmy Kill. When I went out in La I tried making it back. I almost didn't make it back, and there I was passed out in the airport. Duels you too, You're glad to be back. You just touched touchdown in Boston. Yeah, we went to No, we went to Disneyland. Oh yeah, that's right, man, crazy, What did marsh What did macphe say?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, that slidecafe, says Marshaan Lynch is all like, what am I here for?
Speaker 1: What's the next slide? That's all right?
Speaker 2: Oh oh man, gee, oh, we're not gonna talk about it right there bottom right, I can't hear you.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was twerking off the off of the duck boat as well. I took the I almost fell out of the duckbow.
Speaker 1: Hold me, I was.
Speaker 2: I was leaning out of the duck bow. Who holding me by my legs? And I was dancing and the crowd was just going absolutely absurd. Look at those tworks right there.
Speaker 1: I was out there in a T shirt and it's fucking freezing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't feel the weather.
Speaker 1: I didn't either, But finally a cup gave me his jacket.
Speaker 2: The cops were off. The cops were of.
Speaker 1: The cops were awesome that day. Well, you guys left from Foxboro. We were up in the city still and we were at the hotel. We were at a hot We were at the W and I wake up and we have like ten minutes till the parade. And I'm like, oh ship, So I hit up my boy. He was a cop, like, Yo, city's blocked off. Need help at w He's like, I'll be there in five. It's me and Mondola. There's like five of us. I'm like, we pile up into a cop car. We're rolling through the street, siren on. I'm not saying any name, but we were there drinking. I mean, I asked if I could shoot the gun. He wouldn't let me. But I thought I thought it was.
Speaker 2: It was so crazy, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a fun time. Those those are some fun.
Speaker 2: This is bringing back some freaking great memories, bro, some great memories.
Speaker 1: Now, where is this interception? Malcolm's interception rank among the greatest Super Bowl plays all time? It's got to be up there. It's got to be probably, i mean, top three, it could be one.
Speaker 2: It's probably number one, number one in my book. It's gotta be number one. I mean it was to win the game.
Speaker 1: It was number one, number one, number one, hands down, without a doubt. Did this win spark the dynasty? I mean clear the second one, second one. We were actually better the next year we just got hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were better than next year, but we just lost to Denver in Denver, which it was a tough one. But that sparked the second dynasty.
Speaker 1: Because we had Dean Lewis next year and he came out like a bat out of hell. We're blowing teams out till like week eight, week nine. Then we lost Nate, we lost Dion. I broke my foot, and then we just we ran out of guys.
Speaker 2: And I met like one or two games as well, banged up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you were the only thing we had in the playoffs, Like, we still almost won because of you.
Speaker 2: It's all right. We already had a super Bowl under our belt, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but we didn't get to go back to back. I know, you're right, we never got to go back to back.
Speaker 2: I know. We were so close. We went to three super Bowls in a row, I know, and we won one. It was my last years won that one. Atlanta lost to Philly, and then one versus the Rams. We're close. We're close. Sucks.
Speaker 1: Where does this game fit amongst your super Bowl win?
Speaker 2: This is number one by fire, number one, just a game overall, from beginning to start, just a whole year overall. I mean, it's bringing back so many great memories we did. It was right in our prime, bro, it was in our prime of just everything. Man, we were having so much fun just on the field, off the field, just overall. Definitely by fire, it's number one. It ranks is number one for me.
Speaker 1: It's high. It's high up there. I mean, it's just crazy because all of our super Bowls had such crazy implications like this one. The next one we're down twenty eight to three, and you and this that's fucking crazy. You know, we got I got super Bowl MVP. On the next one, you go to Tampa win with another team like they all it's it's crazy to pick one. But this is definitely the first one. Is the first time you got to experience. It's this feeling, the first time you got to touch the trophy. This is something that we were literally were dreaming about since we were fucking kids exactly. You know, so it's it's kind of like the first girl you kiss, you never forget.
Speaker 2: You never forget, never forget. It was the sweetest one too. It was the sweetest, sweetest game.
Speaker 1: It was a great game. Gosh, he left over questions, Jackie, do we miss anything?
Speaker 7: A couple ones. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention. Tom passed Joe Montana for most touchdown passes in Super Bowls with twelve his past a dole in the back of the end zone. And I would also be remissed if I didn't mention. This game was played on Rob Ninkovic's thirty first birthday. Happy birthday, Rob.
Speaker 6: He was birthday birthday. What a great birthday present. You win a Super Bowl on your birthday.
Speaker 1: What a That's got to be an awesome birthday present for him too, because he had a crazy road. People don't realize. He was drafted in the fifth by the Saints. They try to move him the long snapper, they cut him, Miami picks him up. He's on practice squad. They cut him, we pick him up, and that starts his career.
Speaker 2: And he was.
Speaker 1: He was a hell of a Patriot. He had a big, big sack, big big Sack.
Speaker 4: So mostly fans are aware of like the parade and that's the big celebration, but there's also like a whole event party the night of the Super Bowl. Who who played the night party? Like the day of party?
Speaker 2: It was we all were on the stage. It's just going ham dranking, going crazy. Didn't Uh it was flow Rider. It was also Uh. I think pit Bull was on one of the stages as well.
Speaker 1: And Rick Ross. Yeah, Rick Ross. We were partying with Rick. Then I saw him like six years later at liv and he's like, yo, go hitle ma part we partied over at the super Bowl. I was like, well, I went up to him and I was like, He's like, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: We were rapping together.
Speaker 1: And I was like, hey, dude, can I can I have a smoke of your cigar?
Speaker 2: We're living and we smoked the cigar.
Speaker 1: Games with Names is doing a live show. That's right, We're coming home. Join us in person August thirtieth at the Wilburt in Boston.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spoil.
Speaker 1: Too much, but it's gonna be a hell of a story, and hey, you never know who might show up. Pre sale tickets are available Wednesday February seventh, at ten am Eastern Standard Time Atthowilbur dot com. Use a promo code GWN get them before they're gone.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's name the game. Let's name the game. The Malcolm Go, the Malcolm Butler game, the Marshawn Lynch game.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of those, Yeah, I don't. I don't like any of those. The Malcolm Go. It's not the Malcolm Butler game. I mean, the greatest play in history. But it wasn't like the Malcolm Butler game. Uh, this is a tough though. This is tough.
Speaker 6: Not the hay Maker was awesome, But I don't know if it's a hay Maker game.
Speaker 2: No, it's not the Haymaker game. Leagiing a Doom game. Yeah, Doom. That's pretty good. Dynasty two point zero. There we go.
Speaker 1: I think that sounds like a winner in my book started to the start of the second Dynasty.
Speaker 2: Dynasty two point oh. I like it stakes the game? What do you what do you give it?
Speaker 4: That's a ten?
Speaker 1: I mean it's a super Bowl got it? You know you're playing against defending super Bowl champion? What do you what else does it mean? How can you have high is there anything bigger?
Speaker 4: I mean, you had a couple of losses, you were in a dynasty. You're not back to back. I mean, you know, you're just throwing out tens all over the place here because.
Speaker 2: This is a super Bowl. That's fine, Fine, give it a nine point five A time would have been if if we won the year before, and that's Seattle exactly. Star power, that's at least a nine. It's nine.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stars, a lot of there's a lot of Hall of Famers in that game, and there's probably a lot of stars at this game.
Speaker 7: Mark Wahlberg, John Travolta, Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell, Kenny Chesney, Sir Paul McCartney, just to name a few.
Speaker 2: That was just a name a few, a few. John Travolta.
Speaker 6: Travolta was there, Bro, that's kind of while I don't know why.
Speaker 1: He was wild, Oh, Johnny, gameplay, great game.
Speaker 2: What's gameplay mean?
Speaker 1: Like how the game unfolded? Oh?
Speaker 2: Like back and forth was good. It was one of the greatest games in Super Bowl history at this point. It was Yeah, at this point, okay, I'll give this one an eight.
Speaker 4: I think that could be higher.
Speaker 2: Eight and a half. Let's give it eight and a half. If if it was like thirty six, thirty five, and like it came down to like a two point conversion, that would be a ten. Right, So that's a quality score. But I had everything you want to interception out of the game. We were up, they were we came back in the fourth quarter. There's there was a fight at the end of the game as well to end it, I mean, really did It's an eight and a half minimum.
Speaker 4: Rob, I commend your integrity in this segment. Most of our guests they're just thrown out ten's will, and I appreciate your honesty. Leg I love eleven.
Speaker 2: Elevens are nice too. Name of the game, let's score the name of the game.
Speaker 1: The name of the game.
Speaker 2: Name it's Dynasty two point zero.
Speaker 1: Score it one out of ten.
Speaker 2: We'll give that a seven and a half. There take it. What is our total and where does it actually let's go back. Let's give the name of six point nine. Yeah, because Julian had that sixty nine San Diego this year, Rob told him.
Speaker 4: To do it in the huddel How many yards you had the Seahawks game sixty eight?
Speaker 2: I was so close. Oh, you won but one.
Speaker 4: Touchdown, one touchdown, touchdown.
Speaker 2: You're right, baby, you're right there we go, Rob, Can you do that for me?
Speaker 4: My calculate has been slapped.
Speaker 1: Well, what's the average of nine and a half nine eight and a half?
Speaker 2: Take the average? Oh, that's gonna be tough with that with a six nine in there. But what's the gameplay again? Eight point five? So what's nine point five plus nine that goes eighteen and a half plus seven point five eight eight and a half That eicles twenty seven plus six point nine s thirty three point nine divided by four. Oh, that's gonna be a tough one. It's about like eight point like four eight point five, right? Eight or seven five? Let's go, fabite. I'm telling you, I'm telling you, bro, he knows his numbers. I can't read it. I can't speak, but I know my numbers. I can't read either. Where's this rate?
Speaker 7: Just puts us at an eight point four seven five right between the Squish the Fish.
Speaker 6: Nineteen eighty eighty five.
Speaker 7: AFC Championship game between the Patriots and the Dolphins, and then right above it is the the twenty eleven AFC Division Round that can't wait game. We all remember that one Bart Scott Jets first Patriots?
Speaker 2: How was that one ranked so high? And who did you do that?
Speaker 6: Rich Eisen?
Speaker 2: Rich Irich Eisen? Why did you guys do that game?
Speaker 6: He requested it.
Speaker 2: Is he a Jets fan? Yeah? Yeah, oh I was a Rich Eisend fan. I don't know about anymore. Rob.
Speaker 4: The reason why it's so highest because not everyone has your integrity?
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, right, integrity? He has no integrity.
Speaker 1: A man of integrity, a man of a golden heart.
Speaker 2: What a man? Oh?
Speaker 1: As you all know by now, we've set up a new hotline for a for all you guys to call in. Give us a call at four to two four two nine one two two nine zero. This week we're checking our messages and answering your questions for Grunk and I let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up, Jewels and Gronk.
Speaker 13: I just want to know with somebody who admires giant, beautiful athletes And I'm a non athletic man myself. What who is the most athletic man in the locker room on the path just overall athleticism, not necessarily like skill, but just the most athletic.
Speaker 1: Freak Jamie Collins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jamie Collins. We already talked about that.
Speaker 1: Jamie Collins, by fire.
Speaker 2: He can do a backflip. He's like six what three too?
Speaker 1: He's six six five?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's six five two fifty can do a back floor.
Speaker 1: I told the story before where the DB's were all betting and you know you have the twelve foot ceiling. They're all like talking shit and they were all like betting sodas and stuff in the locker room for who who could.
Speaker 2: Uh touch the ceiling?
Speaker 1: And they got in his way and he saw what they were doing with his headphones on and his flip flops, he goes, he jumps up, touches, slaps the seat, and takes all the sodas that they were gambling. So, dudes, athletic.
Speaker 2: It might be the most athletic big man I've ever seen. Jules. What's up? Gronk?
Speaker 8: Jeff from Lanesboro, Massachusetts. They just had a couple of quick questions.
Speaker 2: First, what were some key areas of game playing.
Speaker 8: That Coach Belichick would cover in order to give you guys an edge over the other team?
Speaker 2: Second?
Speaker 8: What was it about the Miami Dolphins that gave your team such a hard time every year where they often beat You love the show.
Speaker 1: Well, we're game plan team, so every game plan was different for each team that we played. So it's it's hard to go down the rollodecks.
Speaker 2: I mean we would find the mismatches on offense, if it was a running back going versus linebacker, if it was a wide out going versus safety. We would find the mismatches every week and coaches would discover them and then we would go out execute them in practice, and then when game time came, that's when Tom all we saw that mismatch happen and fold and he would throw it to the mismatch guy.
Speaker 1: For the second question, I mean half the time you play Miami, the game don't mean anything. It's hot there. It's sweaty. So it's hard to play in Miami. You just you go from thirty with a wind chill of ten and you're going down and you put us in eighty five and eighty two percent humidity. It's fucking hot out there. We haven't seen that in six months.
Speaker 2: It's hard to play in it. What do you think, possibly love the city of Miami. So we wanted to be treated, you know, be treated like kings when we went down there. So if we beat Miami Dolphins every single time they went like us, we were just making sure that we were, you know, truly treated well every time we you know, wanted to go out on a ball or go get some son out there on South Beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, eat some nice healthy steak, Yeah, a smoothie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They got a lot of a lot of that down there, catch the sun. We didn't want them to you know, block our race when we wanted to tan. So we were just good guys like that, and we knew it didn't matter that game, so we always just let them win. Only in Miami, though only in Miami. It was just one game, one game.
Speaker 12: And I just got a quick question for Gronk. So when did you think that the Gronk spike was like your thing? Like after you did it so many times, Like when did it? When did you think, man, I should just really keep doing this like my thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, Yeah, I love you too, man. And that's a great question. I need jewels to help me out with this one. But I always wanted to spike the ball in high school in college, but it was always a fifteen yard penally, So I never did it. And then my rookie year, I got to the NFL and I never even Gronk spiked my rookie year. I don't think I did even won my brook in the preseason. No, I don't think I Gronk spiked at all. Maybe one time, but I really can't recall it. But the Gronk spike picked up my second year when I I just scoring touchdowns like a machine weeke in and week out, and I started Gronk spiking it. And I don't know exactly what spike caught on, but I remember I finally did it. I was like, oh, I finally got to spike the ball, and then it just became like a meme. And I couldn't tell you exactly what spike it was. But then everyone's like, you gotta keep spiking the ball, and it was just going all over the internet. Fans were loving it. And I can't tell you, Ezachly, I can't pinpoint exactly when it truly caught on. Do you remember.
Speaker 1: I don't remember which spike it was, but I just remember, like the first one that you did spike, he scored a touchdown. It was an insane touchdown, and he threw it and he threw it down so hard the ball went like forty five yards.
Speaker 2: In the air.
Speaker 1: And that's why it became the Gronk Spike because people were like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, he just break the fucking football.
Speaker 7: September twenty six, twenty ten, is what ESPN credits as the debut of the Gronk Spike. That was your second ever NFL touchdown?
Speaker 2: And who was that? Verse? Um? You look? I mean just so many touchdowns. I can't remember this stuff. So many games, so many Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: This guy's forgotten more touchdowns than I've scored. Yeah, thirty six or thirty eight, thirty win over the Bills.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, that's when it started. Yeah, that's why it was versus my hometown team, the Buffalo Bills. That makes sense. Buffalo going with that right there? And if ESPN has that documented, that's when it started. I love it.
Speaker 1: I thought Fox had it documented.
Speaker 2: You're right, wretch, Fox Sports, thank you, thanks for the correction. Going do we miss anything? Uh kind of a mess. You just came off a plane, five hour flight. You know what you need? I ate some wings? You know what you needed for that mess? What do I need you need a bounty paper towel. All right, let me get a bounty paper towel. I got to clean it up. I don't remember half of the plays in the super Bowl game. It's kind of like making me rethink my life right now. I don't remember that play. Like, what's going on with me? Jewels? Is it because I played in so many Super Bowls and so many football plays? This guy I get hit more time. No, like whip rout and speedos and stuff. I'm like, what, what's a whip rout in the speed I'm forgetting all this, Jewels, what is the year? Was this gaming? What's going on with me? This is ten years ago? Give me a bounty paper tawl that would clean me? Fine? Fine, you want to gosh if you remember I remember anything? Anything? And that wasn't even a plug. I was just saying I'm a mess. I don't think you're a mess. Thanks, Jules, What do I feel better? Don't need to plug anything. We're gonna have another great year on Fox next year. Got you all right? I gotta plug anything. You're thirsty and you know you need to drink or to ice Shaker dot com shah, there we go shaker. We all shake, you know, pull your pH water right in the ice shaker and keep it cold the whole day.
Speaker 1: They throw maybe a little that grounk protein in there, cookies and cream.
Speaker 2: Oh, cookies and cream. Oh man, what else we got? Oh that's all man. See, he just comes on for the love of the game. Yeah, I come on for the love of the game.
Speaker 5: Comes on.
Speaker 2: I'm not promoting here. I'm not promoting. He's just hanging I'm just hanging here. You want to go show, I just want to hang out. Hey, I am doing the kick again in Super Bowl Destiny. Yeah, so check that out. That will be live commercial right before right before the kickoff. I'll be kicking a field goal right before the kickoff.
Speaker 1: This guy's just kicking.
Speaker 2: I just made a forty yarder yesterday.
Speaker 1: Actually, by the way, for you folks, he's actually going out and practicing this. So for anyone putting that wager on, remember that, m hm, he's practicing. Hey, hey buddy, Hey, big fellow, you want to.
Speaker 2: Go hit the hot tub? Watch let's hit the hot tub. But remember the follow games with names on YouTube, Instagram acts, which is weird Saying, which is formerly Twitter. Uh TikTok and snapchat. We will see you next week because Jules and I are about to hit the hot tub and get in our baiting system and maybe we'll skinny dip in the pool.
Speaker 1: And that's been another episode of Games with Names, presented by when Bet Remember, like old Roberto Yosai Fiesta said, follow Games with Names at YouTube, Instagram x which is Twitter, TikTok, and snapchat.
Speaker 2: We'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Games with Names is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.