Speaker 1: On today's episode of Tick to the Draft Podcast, we got smooth watch smooth search. He's not here? Where's he at? Jason out on?
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's on his way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but while we're waiting for him to show up, does he come?
Speaker 2: Zach?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see. Got to listen to the whole episode to find out. But on today's episode, we are gonna trade back or not to trade back? What are the pros and cons of trading back in the draft? And if we bypass quarterback that second bick overall and then this is it mock battle Selby and maybe smooth. We'll be here see who wins. Find out right out. Welcome on into the Ticket of the Draft podcast. I'm logan pauls in here with the infamous Zach Selby and jess the guy Jason And if anyone I knows this and Jessica, Jason is kind of incognito. If anyone recognizes him at the store or something, just go up and say what's up to him? Give him a handshake, hardy handclasp, Nonna. I want this, I want this to be a thing like you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna recognize me. I have yet to be on camera.
Speaker 1: I know, but that's why let's say your order little see you heard some order some food or something like. Man, that voice, that's the voice of an angel. I recognize that from something that content. I know that anywhere. And it's like, you're a justin guy, Jason. If that happens, we got to get that.
Speaker 2: So can you just walk around constantly going chop robin.
Speaker 1: And then unfortunately we're missing We're a falling soldier, right.
Speaker 3: My assistant GM is the.
Speaker 1: Assistant M and we've we've tried to contact Fred no, no, no, comprendo, no, nothing yet, so he's not here. So what we're hoping for, just for some great podcast content, is that he calls in the middle of us doing this and says, hey, man, I thought we were at ten o'clock or something like that. Or he comes in mid mid process and says, Zach, let me save this draft and I'm like, no, we've got He's close it out, but just remember reminder take it to The draft is presented by Seek, the official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. And we got a fun show today, Jason.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, the drafts. Everybody loves them, so loves them. Getting ready to go to the combine. But before we do, uh, we have to at the number two pick. We have so many options and not just who we pick at number two, but things we can do in that spot, such as trading back, which is something our fans in our comments I've been talking about, why not just trade back? This is a loaded draft at the top end, it seems like in talent, so let's stock up, especially since we need we need a lot of players. We have a thin roster right now. Sure, so what do you guys think about this trading back situation? Would you do it if you're the GM of this team.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would definitely consider it because everything I've heard is the top half yeah, right, at least, But I think you know from what I've heard about the top half of the draft is it's pretty top heavy. There's a lot of really good talent there, especially on Day two. My only caveat to it would possibly be you have a chance to hopefully you never pick a number two again, and you have a chance to get a franchise guy, So you have to weigh franchise guy you can to keep on your roster for ten years versus having a lot of really good players to definitely surrounder guy, surrounding roster with whoever the guy is coming up next, Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think like to that point, I think you look at the Philadelphia Eagles and the way they did it over the last probably four or five years, a Crewing first round draft capital kind of always being ready to take that quarterback. Ultimately, Jalen Hurts is our guy. But one of the reasons he's able to be there, Guys, they have one of the best rosters in football, right, Rock Perty in San Francisco, same type of thing, right, Crewing draft capitol, hitting on picks, building through the draft, one of the best rosters in football. So I do think there is a lot of advantage to saying, hey man, we could make kind of a quarterback proof team. You know, the Baltimore Ravens for a long time with Joe Flacco, the Steelers back in the day, Seattle did the same thing, right, young quarterback, uber talented roster because one of the things, obviously is you know, the more talented football players you have, the less lifting the quarterback has to do. The question is, though, like how close are you to that ideal roster construction? And I think that's what becomes a little bit interesting is like, you know, we need probably two edge rushers, probably win in free agency one here. You need probably a starting corner, you need a starting safety, you need probably improving on the offensive line. Like how far or close are you really with this roster? And you know you gotta hit on some of these picks. And I think that's the other thing about the trading back strategies. Everyone says, oh, trade back, get more good football players, but you gotta hit on the picks. You got to develop those guys. They got to fit your team vision. So I'm a huge advocate of trading back. However, I agree to your point Selby that like I want to trade back. I want to get more good football players. But also the most important position in all of sports is the quarterback. So if there is an opportunity for me to get that guy in this draft, I gotta love my evaluation. Like even if I'm a little wishy washy, like, oh, I don't love this about Drake may or Jayden Daniels does this or whatever it is, and I feel comfortable trading back or the price tag that the team is willing to give me is so COMPREHENDI let's say it's four first round draft picks. That's a franchise changing proposition, and you're trading usually with the team that's gonna have a young quarterback, they're gonna be picking very high. You're just increasing your likelier that you can get that guy in the following year. But you know, if it's like, hey man, we'll give you two first and maybe a second, I'm good. Like I'm good with what we got here, And in terms of my evaluation, this is something that I would probably be reluctant to do at this point because I think all three of those guys are pretty good football players. At the top Watch three Caleb Williams, Drake May, and Jane Daniels I think are pretty good. And again they all have their warts, they all have their issues, but I think the baseline talent is there for them. So I would say, like, I don't want to miss that opportunity unless the packaging well.
Speaker 4: And you have the trust your evaluation right now, say you, for whatever reason you don't like any of those three, and you say, we actually think bo Nix is our guy. So yeah, I mean, if you feel like you can get him at like eight or ten or something like that. Then you're like, yeah, sure, we'll take We'll take what we think is our franchise guy who we actually have to hire a better evaluation on, and we're going to get some extra extra.
Speaker 3: Picks on this.
Speaker 4: You have you, he can eat it too in that case. But that doesn't very happen all that often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think there's a reason, Like, you know, everyone says trust your evaluation. I also think you need to kind of you need to be aware of the consensus. And what I mean by that is like if you are like Jack Jason and I we do our big draft board and we were rating defensive ends the other day and we go through and we have like a little conversation about it. I'm not that high on Brasswall, the defensive end from Alabama, Like, I'm not that high on him, but I'm not My Hubers isn't such that I'm going to ignore what everybody else thinks. And everyone else has him as like the sixth guy. He's like my tenth guy. So I've kind of got him in red basically saying I got to watch this until I see something that makes me understand why he's the sixth guy. You know what I'm saying, what I.
Speaker 4: Have learned is like it's it's so easy. You can outsmart yourself so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, draft process. Yeah, and there's like let's say and with him for example, like he's a good football player, but like there's something about the athlete that I'm not in love with. But that doesn't mean he's not going to be a good pro right, And that doesn't mean if he's getting the right situation, she's not gonna be a football player. So that's where I'm always like, don't you can you can be an outlier, you can say this guy is my guy. You should always be aware of what's going on with the consensus, because when you know two hundred people are looking at something like usually they you know, it's the same thing like with Wikipedia's like a weird example, right, Yeah, Like you tend to get the right information on Wikipedia just because like so many people are going to the site and viewing it. Right, So I'm always like, trust your evaluation, yes, but also make sure you're aware of what everybody else thinks and why they think that. I think is the other thing I would point to there. So that's why I think with the quarterback conversation. You know, we're going to talk about this more in a second, but you get the top three guys, and I think that's a pretty significant step back. But you are going to be able to find a guy somewhere on the internet who says bo Nix is my number one quarterback. You're going to be able to do that. And I don't agree with that guy, but there are guys that feel that way and who are very confident that.
Speaker 4: Oh they're always so. So this is the steal of the draft, no matter what.
Speaker 2: J McCarthy is flying up draft boards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that makes a little bit. That makes a little bit more sense to me. We'll talk about that, because you know, Selby's got got some big decisions here at eight in this draft we got coming up.
Speaker 2: So well, let's talk about Drake May a little bit because our last pod we did a lot of quarterback talk. Sure, and it was my favorite part listening back to the podcast. But you were talking in the production, meaning how you wanted to talk about Jake. Why do you want to bring him back up even though we're not going to draft him here because he's going to be gone, right, we're trading back but yeah, So.
Speaker 1: I think the thing with Drake May is like and everyone thinks, like your draft evaluation is done. Like I've watched Drake May. I've watched my four or five games that I'm done. But I'm always trying to keep going on a prospect right Like for example, like because some people don't like Jane Daniels, why don't they like him? I want to see what they see with regards to that, and I want to see what people see when they see the very positive in him too. So Drake May like PFF for example, and you know Daniel Jeremiah, that's their number two quarterback definitively they think that's capable shake May. And then there's like a tier Jade Daniels and then tier to like bow Nick's or JJ mccarthur whoever. So why is that? And so I went and found like a best of throws from twenty twenty three, And when you watch that, dude's best throws, it is it's amazing. You know, it's it's high level, big time throws. Guys hanging on, I'm moving up in the pocket, delivering over the middle of the field. Really, you see an NFL player and I think That's the thing about him is like, and you said this in the production meeting, it's like, what can he or you said this, Jason, what can he do? Don't focus on what he can do, don't focus on what he can't do. But the quarterback it's a little different because when you watch a game of his, it's like there's this bad miss or he takes a sack, he shit, and you're like, oh, what's going on here? But I just wanted to point out that his high level throws are absolutely fantastic. His ability to extend plays, find those guys kind of that that playmaker back there. It's not it's not Herbert, it's not Josh Allen, but it's a unique skill set that kind of is trending in that vein. And I see why people get so excited about him based off of those really really high level throws. I think that's something that you know, when you're doing your evaluations, you should always do is say, like people say, don't watch highlights, I think you should watch highlights. I think you should watch a highlight. You think you should watch a low light. I think you should watch games because it helps you kind of flush out again that idea of what you can do on It's just a reminder to me that this dude is uber uber talented and in his own way, and like, are there inconsistencies, Yes, but like you said before, everything is a projection, but his high his high throws, his big time throws are absolutely exquisite and it gets you excited for the type of player it could be at the next level.
Speaker 4: Well, and I mentioned earlier you can outsmart yourself so quickly in the APPLA and you've mentioned how you always want to keep watching film on certain players. But at some point, is there is there a point in any evaluation for any player who we're like, maybe I'm watching too much on I'm seeing things that I'm not seeing.
Speaker 1: That's a great question, and I think there is some of that, you know, But I think when i'm I think when there's when i'm under or on a player I want to watch more like so usually when I'm watching all twenty two film, I can get a feel for the player, like this is not like typing myself up. I've fucked of Scott's about this too. You can get a feel for a player in about forty snaps, like how they move their instincts, and you just watch more to kind of make sure you've checked all the boxes. So like when I'm really rolling on the combine guys and I got the all twenty two, especially the back of those guys, I'm like, I get who this guy is, and so I don't have to watch a ton of them. But with quarterbacks specifically, because again, like Drake made is a perfect example. You see him make a throw that not many people in the world can make, right, but you also see him with bad missus kind of boneheaded mistakes, and so it's like, I gotta I want to kind of peel back the onion on that guy and say who is he? You know what I'm saying? Yeah, what kind of guys he It's the same thing with like Patrick Paul at the offensive lineman from Houston, like his film is not great, exposes his chest, he's not very technically sound.
Speaker 4: You see a lot of the frame, you see some of the other like the strength. You see this, so they gets you really excited.
Speaker 1: Right, So when I first watched him, I gave him, like I think I gave him like a fourth round grade, fifth round grade. But then you go to the Senior Bowl, guys are talking about him there, you're like, I gotta go back and watch him some more. And so then when you watch him, you you know, you let the player run a little long. You see he's finishing down the field, right, and you see that guy who's passionate about the game marry that with the frame, and you're like, Okay, I kind of understand why people are so high on him because I kind of thought he was being lethargic or lazy with his technique. I just don't think he's been coached very well now, so that that changes my perspective. And that's something if I went back to it, I wouldn't have seen it, you know. And I hadn't gotten back to it, I would have seen it. And so again that's where it's kind of leaning on the consensus board, leaning on that all that other stuff is important because I don't see everything. And that's why these guys are these scouts here at the building. They're meeting this week, meeting last week to kind of make sure they're all in the same page with the evaluation. You hear him walking around the hall man, they're like, oh man, I'm really glad you brought up that point because I hadn't thought about that with this player specifically, And that's that's why that's why communication and consensus about this process is so important, and that's why with quarterbacks specifically, think it's important to go back and be like, hey, you know what am I seeing here? How do I quantify this? And how do I value this? And I think people who want to see who look at the high level stuff of Drake may are one hundred percent right man, because it's really really good. But I'm also like when you're trying to when you're trying to like categorize players, right, and you say, well, what about Jayden Daniels do I like a little bit more? I felt like there was a more consistent playmaking ability to his game when you watch him week in and week out. But again, that's why he's the best player in college football. So it's kind of like, you know, how do you weigh that out?
Speaker 4: So and you know, I kind of put this to you earlier, but how much do you value things that you can't necessarily coach for things that you can coach? And for me, I think I kind of value that a little bit more because in a finishing blocks for off the line, like with Patrick Paulack that is huge and they're giving on all especially like on backside zone stuff like that. That play could always that block would be the play that kind of set something up. With quarterbacks for example, like I was mentioning to you, you know the play that Drake may had against pitt or he's spining off a defender throwing a touch down the end zone, Like that's stuff that you can't normally teach like and there's a lot and to me, that gets me excited and it shows that he's never going to give up on a play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean that's a I those are great points and I think for me, like a good example is like defensive backs like tarryon Onnoard for example, the dB from Alabama. He's like, he's a guy that you're like, he is going to be a good pro. Like where his ceiling is it's hard to determine, but he's at least going to be a baseline pro. Not because he's great in coverage, because he's a very willing and aggressive competitive tackler. So I know there's a guy who's not afraid of the physical elements of the game. He wants to get after it. He's got that, he's got that energy and that juice. You see him get up, he's fired up. And when you compare that guy to Wiggins, the cornerback from Clemson, for example, Wiggins is a much better coverage player but is not a passionate tackler. So how much do you love the game? And that's where you get to it. It's like when you see guy and finish on the backside cutoff, You're like, that's that extra little bit of juice or a receiver that blocks in the run game, because you're really split in hairs, right, And we've talked about this receiver class a ton. The receivers are excellent in this class. They're fantastic, right, So how do I differentiate the guys? And it's the stuff that I can't coach, the mindset, the measurables, right, And that's where that's what kind of moves guys up and down. And so when I see, you know, Ricky Piersaw actually crack a linebacker on or run, I'm like that that dude's a dude because he runs good routes, he catches the ball well, and he's got this extra little bit of salt actually a little bit of seasoning. So that's a Logan Paulson type of player, you know what I mean. Yeah, And I think that's the type of stuff And it's different for every position. So like with a quarterback, for me, it's like, are you going to stand in there when the when the pressure's coming, take this hit and deliver the football down the field. Like everyone talks about Jade Daniels taking big shots. I understand that's a negative, but I see a guy who's hyper competitive and wants to win football games, and so I want to put I want to bet on that guy, and I'm hoping that I can reel him back in those certain situations. But I think that's one of the reasons when you watch him against Missouri, when you watch him against Alabama, when you watch him against Florida, like he wants to win the game. And sometimes when you're watching watching Jayde Daniel or Drake, it's a little bit like, oh the pressure's here, I'm a little off balance, you know what I mean. It's he's still got that competitive juice.
Speaker 4: But you see the big moments and you have to say, you have to you have to ask yourself as you know whoever you're the evaluator, is like, how much do you think taking those kind of shots on a player who can make plays you don't normally see in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Is it worth it over.
Speaker 4: Maybe someone who's not as maybe technically gifted or maybe does some of the things you don't necessarily like right now because he could develop into something more.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So someone I was talking to a scout the other day and this is the most interesting thing. I said, Oh, man, I love that this guy we're talking about, some receiver does this man and I love that he plays teams. And he said important things. Don't overvalue that, right, because that that that guy has a floor, a very high floor. But ultimately, like if you're picking it high in the draft, right, you're chasing ceilings. Right. So I think a great example is Johnny Wilson. Like Johnny Wilson is an inconsistent he catches the football inconsistently. There's times where he does great stuff, he shows a good physicality, but his ceiling is an higher than this other player I was talking about, because you can't coach six seven with thirty five inch arms, Like you can't do it. So like I'm going to pick him higher in the drafts, even though he's a little bit less consistent than this other football player. Because I'm chasing a ceiling. It's like the same thing with who are we talking about, Dallas Turner? Right, yeah, Athletically his ceiling the addresser from Alabama, his ceiling is so much higher athletically than a lot Too, Lot Too. Even though a lot Too lat Tos floor is so much higher, so much higher than his, the ceiling is not even close. Because you're dealing with a guy who's going to probably run a four four four five, hyper explosive, hyper bendy, kind of a less polished von Miller. And when you get that comp you're like, oh gosh, we got to take a shot with that guy. That's why he's at eight and a LAT two's at like fifteen. You know what I'm saying, because you Chase, you do this every year, chase ceilings. And I'm not saying that's the right thing to do. But ultimately, because you said this, and Jason you've said this too, it's a projection business, right, So who's going to project the best of the NFL? And I want to bet on on some of these things. I can't coach on these physical traits as opposed to the film.
Speaker 2: So when you look at someone like Drake May, sorry I want to.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah, no, sorry, we got we all have a place.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's all good. So when you're talking about Drake May, right, and it's like or and comparing him to Jade and Daniels, like, oh, well, he takes a hit because he's competitive, but he's one hundred and ninety pounds, yeah, right, Like, so he's not going to put more weight one, So you're really betting that we're going to coach this guy to slide to control that competitive edge. Or when you have Drake May, that dude does rumble around. Yeah, and he's two twenty, so like he's a little more durable when it comes to that. So where do you weigh that right where it's like, Okay, this guy just wants to go out and ball, right, and we love that, but he's got to know who he is versus this guy's not gonna do that, but like he's got the body to withstand it when he does decide.
Speaker 1: To do it. Yeah, And I think and Zach you can probably speak on this too. I think that is where having the coach. Having the coach is in place to understand the player is so important because like when I look at Jade Daniels and again you're trying to separate you know there you know six what is that saying half dozen of one six whatever? That expression thank you? Yeah, And so like I look at that, and I'm like, they're they're really similar. They're really good football players, right, but they all have their warts. And so I guess for me, is I look at again, it's the ceiling. I think if you have a running quarterback, a guy that I don't know how fast is gonna run, but you know some people have thrown out numbers, people who are privy to their training regiments and times they're running and training right now, that Jane Daniels might run a four three. Like, think about that, Jane Daniels, right, yeah, said that might run a four three. And so when you think about that, you're like, I want that piece in my offense to do that, because think about what Michael Vick could do to a defense just with its legs right, and think about how that regulates coverages, and think about Cliff Kingsbury with uh, you know Kyler Murray, right, that's a dynamic piece. Now. Also, Drake May, I like the way he rips the football man, especially in like big moments, he rips the football. And again we talked about the inconsistent with him, but his ceiling is there. So it's like basically we're looking at the same pictures, got all the same details in there, but I'm going to focus on something a little bit different. And the other thing that I keep coming back to with Jane Daniels is and again, how transferable this is I don't know. Or how consistently he can do this, I don't know, but he just win his team needed plays. He delivered, Like in the big moments against big opponents, he delivered it. And there's I think there's value to that too. You know, I think he's competitive, I think he's tough. You got to kind of reel some of that in. And that's not to say Drake May is not that, but I just thought there was a more consistent level of excellence in those big moments. And again, it's a college football season. What's fourteen games, fifteen thirteen games something like that. Yeah, not a lot of games. So you can get hot for thirteen games and be awesome. Is that transferable? Drake May's on for longer, so maybe that's more value there or whatever. But that's where it's like, we're looking at the same things and I'm gonna poke poke at something different. You might say, I hate that he gets hit all the time, but I'm like, he's a competitor or Drake May, Like I love that he sticks in the pocket and does this left handed throw with a guy on him, Like, I don't love that decision making, but he's making plays too. So it's just like you can look at the same thing and come to different conclusions.
Speaker 2: And that's where we go into look at the positives over the negatives, right right, we can all look at what they don't do, right, well, look at what they do do. Like so you could say you could say, you could say Jade and Daniels, right, well, he's small, he takes too many hits. But you're saying, well, he's a playmaker. So that's the way you want to you want to veer.
Speaker 1: Right, do it well.
Speaker 4: And I think it comes down to one trusting your coaches to do two things, trusting them to put the players in the best position to win, and two trusting your coaches that help fix, like elevate some of the issues that they've had. So you take Jayden Daniel for example, Like you say, you one hundred and ninety pounds, but like you're gonna say, are you gonna trust him to do things that you would ask Drake man to do where he who has like forty pounds on him. No, you're gonna You're gonna put him in put him in a position to You'll let him use athleticis and use play making ability. But also hey, like slide, learn how to slide? No, man like learn how to learn how to maybe avoid hits, learn how to do some of these other things. And I mean again, like it's all projection, right, So you have to make sure that you're you have to make sure that you're you're allowing your players to do what they do while also not putting out putting them in a position where they can't do some of the things, right. I mean, every player has their limitations, So you have to figure out what those are, and you have to figure out how much it's really worth it for you to take a.
Speaker 3: Chance on my guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And I got to go back to you know, talk about looking at the same picture. Like Drake May has all these different throws, right, he's got comebacks, goes over the middle, stuff, deep ends, deep digs, extending plays, throwing off balance, and then when you look at you know, Jane Daniel's big time plays. It's really just like box fates box fades to some guys who can absolutely rip it. In terms of Brian I'm a junior and Malik neighbors. So you're like, is he is he too much of a one trick pony? Did the offense insulate them too much? But so there's there's pros and cons man, and I think it's about kind of ultimately deciding. And that's why again I go back to this all the time. Is I go back to the interview process that's about to take place, and if I hit it off with Drake May and I'm Cliff kingsburyman there, I'm like, this is this, this guy is a dude. I'm probably gonna draft that guy. And that's where that interpersonal relationship becomes so so critical. So again I think fans think, oh, it's definitively one guy or definitively the other guy. Just remember they've got good traits. Man, both of them are excellent football players. It's just about kind of narrowing it down and say, like we're picking it picking at straws at this point, you know what I mean, there's not there's no right answer. It's just about who's going to fit this team the best.
Speaker 3: And the reverse is like how coachable are these guys?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 3: How will you are they to take coach?
Speaker 4: Because how many times have we seen a player who has just phenomenal talent? Yeah, and they have a really great rookie year and then they just hit a wall and they're just they're willing to say, Okay, I'm going to rest them all, Laurels, because what happened last year is going to work again this year.
Speaker 3: In surprise it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think back to Robert, you know, and like how they had a plan form here, you know, how Kyle and Mike had a plan and that plan change, you know, partially because of Robert's perspective or whatever. But you know, it's it just shows you how important coaching is in terms of maximizing talent and how important that like that that personality that kid has got to be so so important as well to kind of say, oh, I'm going to keep growing. I'm a student of the game. I love football. I'm always hungering and yearning, yearning to get better because like you know, when you watch Arizona film, for example, Kyler Murray is tremendously gifted physically and athletically, but how like what is his drive to be the best? You know? And I think that's always coming to question, you know, like with the study things in his contract. You don't want to have to put that in for your guy. And that's where again we're doing talent evaluation on this show. That's where the scouting becomes so important. That's like when I go talk to the janitor at LSU and I'm like, you know, hey, is like, who's the last guy building here normally? And it's like, oh, Jane Dani's last guy. Like that's where you get that little bit of extra information. That's why you're on the road, you know, three hundred and sixty days out of the year, you know what I'm saying, because you're trying to peel back that onion and say this is who this guy really is. I got a funny story. A couple of years ago, they were talking about this guy, this offensive line but potentially going in the first round. And we're talking to a scout and he I was like, oh, what do you think about him? He's big, he's physical, you know. And then he's like he's not a great work and I'm like, oh, that's what people say, but I've been hearing that his work ethics improved. It's like I stayed and watched the whole practice, acted like I left early, came back and watched from the parking lot to see if he'd stay after and do extra because they said every day he does extra stuff. So I'm sitting on the roof of the parking lot and dude, just he was the first guy off the field, you know, and so he's not working. He's not working, and so the guy blow and behold that guy falls in the draft is a He's an NFL player, but nothing special. And that's where that magic of being a scout comes in, is like, who of these two guys is different? You know?
Speaker 3: Show you always lots, Yeah, you wouldn't know what even you don't think they are.
Speaker 2: All right, we got a smooth search update.
Speaker 1: Okay, what we got?
Speaker 2: All right? He's responded, so he's still on Earth, right, he says he's on his way alright, so I'll turn the mic on and he'll walk in. When he walks in, but Selby, your assistant assistant to the GA.
Speaker 3: We're already we're already passed the clock.
Speaker 2: So here's what we're gonna do. I'm going to try install just a little bit for Fred. But what we're going to do is we're going to trade with the Atlanta Falcons are at number eight. They desperately need a quarterback. The rumors are that they want a quarterback from this draft. They're not going to sign a free agent. That's rumors as of right now. So we seem to be a good trading partner if we decide we want to trade back. Obviously they'll get their pick between Daniels or May. We just had our conversation on okay, So in this mock draft, we are trading back this slot eight, so six uh picks back with Atlanta. We're also taking their second round pick in this draft, the forty third, and then we're going to take some first rounds and second rounds and years later. It doesn't matter for this mock draft. For this mock draft, we're just moving back six bots spots at eight and we're getting an extra second round pick.
Speaker 3: I know, twenty five draft, right, but yeah, but I think like that's like it's somewhat realistic.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, I think like when fans are going to see this like, oh, well, we got an extra pick this year, but it does it's not about this year, it's about the sub next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So that's what we're gonna do. Here. Here are the rules. This is a mock draft simulator. I have no control over it. But we're going to assume that Drake, Caleb Jaden, they're all going before pick eight here.
Speaker 1: That's what we're gonna So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I know, we'll see what happened. But we just talked about them a lot, yea. So it's to give other guys an opportunity to get some get some shine.
Speaker 3: The evaluation wasn't great on those players in this draft whatever.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna assume that they're gone. So if they pop up for whatever reason, they're gone. The other rule is you can't pick the same person, right, so if they were on the same board, we did that last time. Uh, so we're gonna see what two different drafts look like here. All right, so I'm gonna push start draft.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see what happens here, all right, who.
Speaker 2: Wants to go first? We just go oh yeah, yeah, we can go. We can go over this.
Speaker 3: I went first last time. I feel like it's fair for right.
Speaker 1: So who's gone? So Drake May went one, Caleb Williams went to to Atlanta. That's nice for them.
Speaker 2: Harrison rom England a doomsday to the Cardinals, leak neighbors to the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Cooper de Gene, Dude, Okay, let me just say this, so we know, we know Trevor Sikamon who does their big board at PFA.
Speaker 2: He loves it.
Speaker 1: He loves Cooper Dejeen. The league is not as hot on him.
Speaker 2: Mock draft simulators. You gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: No, but he's but he's a great football player. But I just wanted to point that out. So I guess I'll go first. So in this, in this mock, I am choosing to stay here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what are you're assuming that we're either going to stick with a quarterback with or Rosser, which is potentially Sam House, right, or you're signing somebody like a Baker Mayfield something like that.
Speaker 1: I guess we could trade for Jacoby Bank. Yeah, Jacoby Backer fields potentially, but obviously, but.
Speaker 2: If we traded for Fields and we lose one of the second round.
Speaker 3: Going to Ruin, You guys have a plan.
Speaker 1: Our quarterback plan is that we're going to accru cur crew draft capital. We're going to sit with Stam Howe and maybe get our guy next year.
Speaker 2: But this, Shelby, you're going to draft a quarterback In this you're acting as if you need one. I would think, yeah, okay, cool.
Speaker 1: So I know, I know we don't want to go over the board, but just to kind of give fans an idea of people that are available, Brock Bowers, Nate the tight end from Georgia, Nate Wiggins, the cornerback from Clenson, Olufushanu the tack from Penn State, awesome football player, Telisi Fuaga, awesome offensive tackle from Morgan State, Byron Murphy, interior defensive line from Texas. And then Quinya Mitchell, the quarterback from Toledo. So when I look at this, I say, this is a perfect example of where you go either best player available right or you try to fill a need. So I look at this, and I say, edge Rusher is an opportunity here, right, Dallas Turner here at eight would fill a need for this team. And Dallas Turner, like we've talked about him a little bit already, is a really good football player, a guy that has tremendous athletic upside, but is not the best player on the board in terms of migrating system right now, I would probably have Brock Bowers, Olufushanu, and probably Talisi Fuaga ahead of those guys. So I'm kind of picking from that pool of people. And so do you want a dynamic playmaker in Brock Bowers? And I texted you this this weekend, Jason, right, I said, think of Brock Bawers not as a tight end for fans at home, he is a receiver. And so this is honestly where I take him. If I have him as an evaluated as a receiver, I would take him right after Malik Neighbors, Right, he would be my next receiver. Does that make sense? What I'm saying to fans at homes actually makes sense? Yet, Like he's he's not a true inline.
Speaker 3: Guy, kind of like kind of cowpits in a sort of one.
Speaker 1: But Kyle Pitts. I think, like when you do the evaluation on Kyle Pitts, like he was good in line because he's big. He's like six six, he's got long arms, he got thirty four inch arms, Like he can compete with the defensive end. Brock Bauers is not that guy. He's six four. I think he's two thirty five to forty is the number we had him. Was a two forty something like that. So not like a huge man, not like a super long guy. But he runs excellent routes and he creates great separation. He's great after the catch. Like my comp for him, because you love comps, is George Kittle if he wasn't into wrestling, you know what I'm saying. So he's like he's this great mover in space, catches the football really well. But at the line of scrimmage he wants to do it, but he just doesn't have all those techniques. Doesn't have that like you know cold Sotol's center that like is locked in for that defensive end, you know what I'm saying. So I think if you have a vision for this player, he could be a dynamic Like at Georgia, they had a wonderful vision for him. He's playing running back, he's playing receiver, he's outside, he's in motion, he's you know, he does he's part of the RPO game. So if you have a vision for this guy, take him here, right. But in terms of value, I look at Olufashano and I think that guy could be special, right. He could be special as an offensive lineman. And then you know he's the attack of from Penn State. His feet moves so well. He's this straight athlete. Again, the thing you worry about with him, and I think a lot of people have Talisi Fiuaga, the guy from Oregon State, above him, because Talise fl Wogga is like a brick. He's got this great anchor, he's got this great physicality, but a little stiff. So do you bet on the upside which I tend to bet on upside athletic upside with Olufashanu and you got Dallas Turner. So if I had to make a pick here, this is tough for me because I got I'm in like a candy shop right now, and I want to take a tight end because I think he's a he's a really good football player. But do you feel in need, and that would be my question. And I'm going to ask for my consultant GM to kind of chime in here, Jason, what we got?
Speaker 2: All right? So here's the thing about taking a tight end this early.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he's not a tight end. He's not a true tight end.
Speaker 2: I understand that. But he's labeled as a tight end. I got you, all right. So if you take him around here, the money the money money, right, So you're saving maybe only four million dollars between going out and getting a top tier tight ended free agency by drafting one in this area, Whereas if you draft a wide receiver here for a dynamic pass catcher, you're going to save sixteen million dollars about. So brock Bowers has to be that much better than whoever the next receiver is on this list that you would want to take just for the money. I'm gonna pull up the receivers real quick. So you got to say, for Brian Thomas Junior, he's worth eight million.
Speaker 1: Dollars, Troy Franklin or Alad McCarty exact exactly right.
Speaker 2: So that's why I think brock Bowers is going to slide in the in the.
Speaker 1: Draft from the money not for talent, but for money. Reason.
Speaker 2: Now, when you look at it, tackles this is good money, is getting good money. So I'm one with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if I was gonna this is tough for me because I think Dallas Turner, I've told you, is an athletic projection. Same thing with Olufano. But oluf has been more productive as a pass protector. And I just think you get him with the right guy in the right system, Like that's that dude. So this might be a tick high for him, But I really like him, and so I would probably say it's If it's I'd probably go that way. I'd probably go Olufano here at eight for the Washington commander.
Speaker 4: And he fits the bill one hundred percent just watching him. I mean you mentioned his footwork. Yeah, so much about offensive line play is decided by your footwork, and he has it down to a t. He's so good at it, He's so quick, his hands are really really strong. I think he's I mean andy. Plus he does feel a need for Washington. I mean they've had issues on the off the line for long. Diw I know sacks aren't all all off the line issue, but it's not not an issue either, so, and I think he would be the highest offensive lineman drafted by Washington wins Sheriff's five.
Speaker 3: Oh Sheriff five and five, it's the top five pick.
Speaker 1: So let me just say this too. So this is a really good example. So tealisifu Waga, the tackle from Oregon I had. I like his college film better. And this is where that projection thing comes. Yeah, because I like his college film better. I think he's a better run blocker. I think he's got a better anchor against the ball. But I think he's kind of what he is. I think his floor is very high. I think he can easily moved to guard. He's a tough, nasty son of a gun. But if you want to hit a home run with this pick, it's for Shana for the footwork and the athleticism.
Speaker 4: And there's so many tackles in college that you can just say, oh, he's just going to go to guard. Yeah, Like but you there's I feel like it's very rare, especially now, to find a guy at left tackle in college game. You're like, that is an NFL left tackle one hundred percent. And I think Oliver Shawn is absolutely that guy.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if it's one hundred percent, because again there's a strength issue there, but he's also twenty. He's like young, yeah, and so like you, hoping that he gets a little bit strong. The other thing I wanted to ask you, Jason before we moved on from this pick was there's a lot of tackles in this class. Do we want to get our edge here and kind of shore that up because we're not gonna have a shot at dubtas you know, like a Dallas Turner a lot too lot to with Jared Vers, like those guys will be gone.
Speaker 2: No we're not. But with all the picks, we're gonna have top second round. I think you're gonna find good talent back there for the edge rushers. I mean, if you're just real quickly, we don't have to say names, if you're just real quickly looking ahead. Let's say the line's drawn somewhere in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, our line is Chris Braswell, some pretty darn good names. Okay, Yeah, I'm with you. I'm with you, all right. Cool. Yeah, So I think the tackles where we're gonna go Alofashanu and I feel after talking through it, and that's kind of how the role room's gonna go too, Right, You're gonna have guys that are higher on certain guys. We're going to talk about it a little bit and come to a consensus.
Speaker 2: I want to protect Sam Howe or whoever Ba.
Speaker 1: Who's ever back there. But he's a good football player, gonna be a cornerstone for a while, a little bit a little bit green in terms of strength. But the feed man can't coach those feet, can't coach that athleticism.
Speaker 2: So all right, Selby, you're on the clock.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: So obviously I do not have the luxury of GOV deciding to go with the other options at quarterback and the at least I think, let's see, we have Drake may Kay Williams off the board a quarterback, good quarterback there. So Dan Danils is on there, and I think in the real world, I think he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna go a lot higher than Yeah, I think that I think New York would for sure take Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think everyone kind of agrees.
Speaker 4: Outside of those three guys, there's a line you can draw there, and I think you've got Bo Nicks, JJ McCarthy, Michael Pennix Junior is down there a little bit, a little bit more, then you've got the other guys down there for me.
Speaker 1: So for Zach, let me just take this off saw all of your fans home. We would if this happened at eight, Zach would for sure draft Jayan Daniels.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, just to be clear, But it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: That's not really Yeah, but we're not gonna do that right now because you're.
Speaker 3: Telling me you're gonna you're gonna get be Jadan Daniels and another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not moving teams aren't moving up like this to not take Gene Yeah, to take Cooper or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's not happening.
Speaker 3: No disrefect to Cooper.
Speaker 1: No, he's a great football player, and he's a guy that I'm like if he's there when we're picking at thirty six. But I'm doing a backflip because I think he's that good of a football he's a first round player. I don't think he's a top ten guy.
Speaker 2: He's also not a quarterback.
Speaker 1: That's a great point.
Speaker 4: So for me, it really comes down to two positions or two players.
Speaker 3: Bo Nicks and j D. McCarthy.
Speaker 4: I feel, you know, for me, I've told you I'm an Auburn fan, must of my chagrin of the last few years, and I remember seeing bo Nicks as he can't his freshman year beat Alabama, looked great, dynamic runner. As you got into his career at Auburn, it seemed like that was all he was. And they transfers to Oregon and all of a sudden he has his year where he's just exploded.
Speaker 3: Now, of course you have to you.
Speaker 4: Have to remember he's a lot older than a lot of the other quarterbacks now and he's so he's got a lot more snaps, He's got a lot more experienced, something that I value out of my quarterbacks. I'd like to have as many snats as possible, especially starting snaps. But you know, for him, and I'll look at him, and he does a lot of good stuff. I mean, he had the least turnover wheth he plays, and he was he had a great year at Oregon, absolutely fantastic. It's just about who is he. Is he the Auburn bon Knicks or is the Oregon b And my biggest question about Bo Nicks is exactly that, because he's not gonna have the Oregon offense in the NFL and I looked a lot of his throws, a lot of his receivers are really open, and I'm well, look, that's not gonna be open in the NFL.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna be open.
Speaker 1: He's still Detroy Franklin, who is going to be a first round ride receiver from Oregon. He's six three hundred and eighty five pounds, can absolutely fly and the and your other point is like a lot of RPO, a lot of screening, a lot of quick game stuff underneath it. He does have a very profile in terms of what he's throwing with the offense is very support of his skill set.
Speaker 4: Well, and that does kind of make me feel good if I'm going bow knicks, because you look at Cliff Kingsbury, you look at the like like a lot of the coaches that Washington has put around this potential quarterback, a lot of quarterback friendly guys who have helped elevate quarterbacks in their career, whether it's Brian Johnson, you know, whether it's Tavita who had did really well. But establishing your relationship with saying how Cliff Kingsbury, So that makes me feel good about him. On JJ McCarthy, on the other hand, doesn't have the stass, don't really fly off the page as well as bow Nick stud Bo Nicks, but you see some stuff where it's like, Okay, the potential for him to is really there if you can surround him with the right guys and you give him an offense that maybe doesn't that you don't have to put all the responsibility on him right then and there and let him kind of grow into something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think JJ McCarthy is probably the one of the most interesting prospects in this entire draft because like when you again when you go watch his high lights, NFL throws all over the map, you know, the fifteen yard comeback, the deep post, like the over over the middle of field. He doesn't layer throws super well. But in terms of like just saying NFL arm, NFL athleticism, NFL size, like, dude's got it right, He's got it. And I think that's why you're seeing kind of this big push from people in the scouting community. This is an NFL medias said, with the scouting community saying JJ McCarthy will be that fourth quarterback because there's all this allure around that kind of bad word which is potential here with him, like his ceiling is so much higher, right. He's also I think a great junctaposition about Nicks because he's so much younger. I think he's twenty something like that, Yeah, twenty one, so he's a little years yeah, three years younger, and people like, oh my gosh, he's going to develop. He's in this kind of pro style offense already up there at Michigan. But to your point, like I think he only had like one hundred and fifty throws this year, like something, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 4: He never threw three thousand yards in a season in mission.
Speaker 2: So how much do you blame that when just Michigan, I mean they won a national championship. They ran the ball and they played good defense. They didn't ask him to throw.
Speaker 1: So for me, it's like that's that's what the offense was. So I don't really knock him for it. The problem is it just makes the evaluation way really tough. Yea, yeah, because it's like what can he do? Like how does he do this? Like it's crazy Like when you watch Pennix, for example, I think he threw he had three consecutive games where he threw for he threw over forty times and I think to get the same number of throws you had to go through like fifteen fifteen games, no ten games from JJ McCarthy. You know what I'm saying, Like, it just is so much harder. The situations are different. You don't get to see him on bad throw down situations as much. They don't leverage him the same way. So it's like, you know, I heard coaches talking about I've watched every single throw from his college career just to try to get a feel for who he is. You know, when they say, oh, look at that TCU game last year, we had to throw the ball ation. You see that NFL ability, but it just makes the projection harder. And so I think like part of it is like there's like that mystery box element too, and uh and like they don't really know, but you see the the arm talent, you see the athleticism. I think he's gonna run a four or five, big kid, strong kid. So if this was the NFL doing this, there's no doubt in my mind. That not no doubt, but I feel very confident in saying J. J. McCarthy would be the next quarterback taken. It just depends on what Zach's gonna do here well.
Speaker 4: And you could argue that both of them were kind of mystery box playoffs in some ways. But I mean, for me, what makes me feel better is the starting experience, the amount of times you're able to drop back. And I think Bonix to me kind of fists apart physically a little bit more than than J. D.
Speaker 3: McCarthy does.
Speaker 1: And plus I mean he's six two two ten and I think JJ McCarthy's six three two ten, Like they're very similar in to the stature.
Speaker 4: I think, sure, but I don't know. I just to me it feels like Bonix is a little bit more thickly made. I think, right, yeah, And I think when we talked about.
Speaker 3: The big playability with Jane Danels and drap may, I see some of that with bow Knicks even seeking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think, to me, I think he's the third.
Speaker 1: Quarter. This is and again this is a conversation we'd have because I'd say, I think J. J. McCarthy has a higher ceiling. But if Zach's got to work with him every single day, you know, like I want Zach to pick the guy he wants.
Speaker 4: To pick, yep, And I think trust him. The coaches trusting them to do what they can to put him in the best position.
Speaker 1: We're going to go a bow knicks. But I would say this too, and people say, why why not? Michael Pennox in this conversation, Michael Penix had a great college career. He did not a lot of throws in that offense that are different, a lot of stuff down the field, big arm, ability to push the ball down the field, which you love. Strictly a pocket passer, which is kind of crazy to say, because I think people think of him as like a better athlete when you watch.
Speaker 3: When he does run, it's okay, I wouldn't say, but he.
Speaker 1: That's like a that's like a like literally a last resort for him. Like J. J. McCarthy runs more than him, you know, And so he's not that guy. He's a down on the field, Like look at his receivers, like look at o'doonza, look at Polk. Both those guys are great contested catch guys, and he put the ball on the money and he made them better football players.
Speaker 4: But that's like his game, and he's and he's got a massive arm, Like you said, I feel like sometime he relies on his arm too much. Which is a problem that a lot of quarterbacks a big arms have. The mechanics aren't really there at the footwork whenever he's starting to throw. He didn't look. He just slings it out there. He didn't like step into his throat a little bit to me. And I know that, you know, go back to trutch in the coaches. I know you would you would hope that that develops and pick gets fixed, but that we've seen there's a lot evidence that that does not always happen with with quarterbacks and big.
Speaker 1: Arms, and also with him too, there's a huge medical concern. You think he said like yeap two or three acls, he's got a back injury, and so I think he might be even like a red candidate, so like someone that has a non draftable grade for a lot of teams because of his medical history. And again the combine and the medical will be huge for him. But and then to just kind of played Devil's advocate a little bit just to kind of flush us out. I think in Kingsbury's offense, when you watch him in twenty twenty one with Kyler Murray, a lot of their quick game explosives were on deep balls, you know, so maybe they look at him and they say, he's actually fits what we want to do a little bit better. I don't I think this is a correct ranking. I think J. J. McCarthy, Bonis and Michael Penick Junior are kind of the order. And I do think that Bonicks and JJ McCarthy are closer than Michael Penix. And also I wanted to point out that the two players were talking about. J. J. McCarthy and Boonicks are thirtieth and thirty ninth or thirty yeah, thirty six on the big board for PFF. I think this is just a great example of how quarterbacks, because of the value the position, just get pushed up so dramatically because I don't think anyone would batny if you picked one of these guys here, even though they might not be, you know, the eighth guy on her Yeah, correct, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Pennix reminds me of like a lefty, little bit shorter Joe Flacco.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, I mean that's what I see out of him.
Speaker 2: Could be wrong there, but like you want a team that's good around him. I don't think he's going to be your playmaker like other other quarterbacks could be. That you see in the McCarthy and the Bonnicks where they can make plays happen for you with their legs and their athleticism.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. So I don't think that's a bad pick, but you know, a lot of a lot.
Speaker 2: Of work to do there, all right, going to the second round.
Speaker 1: Just ripping through this mocks draft.
Speaker 2: Smooth search is still.
Speaker 1: On, still on. Oh my gosh, look at look at this, Jason, Look at this Jack Jason JJ McCarthy on an epic slide to the Washington Commanders at thirty six. Overall, I mean, gosh, that feels like the way we got to go. Unless there's a really good edge available. We yeah, less there's really good edgevailable let's see, but like that that would be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all right, we have our quarterback. We made that decision before going into this. We're going edge here, all right, Look run down the edges because there are.
Speaker 1: Some really, yeah, really good edges here. So a de size from Penn State. Who is the guy who plays opposite of Chop Robinson. A guy had a great senior Bowl, really twitchy, really twitchy, really long, little green, but a guy that you're like, that's a piece you could build around. Obviously, Chop Robinson is a guy that everybody knows probably probably the most explosive edge in the class. Does not mean he's the best edge in the class. He's very fast, very explosive, very technically raw. A lot of games where he's just completely erased and a lot of games where he just comes up and is making excellent football player.
Speaker 2: You are one hundred percent betting on coaching.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. And then maybe my favorite player, Yeah, maybe my favorite player is Darius Robinson, the Edge for Missouri. Like I just I love his film. He's he's a huge man. He's six ' five, he's two ninety. He can play inside, he can play outside. He plays the game with the with the requisite amount of violence in his heart. Absolutely, and I respect the hell out of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Remember when I remember when there talking about running hit guys. That's a running hit.
Speaker 1: Guy, my gosh. And he's got a little edge to him like he's and at the Senior Bowl dominant and then you and the thing is, like you see that on film, Like I had a I had like a low second round great on him before the Senior Bowl because his hands are just so damn heavy and his head is so damn hard, and so he's a guy that I really like. And then the guy after him, Jason, let's see what we gotta go do one more because I think he's an excellent football player too. Jonathan ellis one of the kind of jo Jonah sorry, one of the sneaky best pass rushers in the draft, really small guy. And then Brailn tries. So lots of really good edge rushers there. So, Jason, you were one hundred percent right, man, A lot of edges fell to us in this position. Feeling pretty good about that if we need to make a pick there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking. I'm just looking through other positions because there are so many good edge rushers and we have three picks here in the next seven that maybe if we're thin at another position, we can go ahead and grab that player there and still feel confident in the next the next selections we have, we're gonna get a good edge.
Speaker 1: Well, do you want to draft a quarterback here or no?
Speaker 2: Particularly? Okay, because like just because of the way that we're doing this draft and how we set it up, right, who knows who he went out and gotten free agents, Like we're already we've already solved the quarterback problem in there.
Speaker 1: We we have we have in our team.
Speaker 3: Yes, but if this were to happen, interesting projects down there, if you really wanted to like dip in there for the quarterbacks, ye, like Joe Milton, like could be like a like later on like a third or like a day three. Yeah, for y'all makes more sense to go.
Speaker 1: And then there's some good The receivers are excellent, like offensive tackle, we already did that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm just looking through.
Speaker 1: But what about corner. Let's safety and corner. Let's see that real quick, because again, yeah, nobody that really like blows your doors off there, I think I think if you're going value here, because again, lat mccogney is available. We talked about him last podcast. Excellent football player, really just a fantastic football player, and a guy that is going to be like an excellent slot really productive. I don't know if he fits a need here necessarily for this team, especially when there's these edges here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do edge even even if we take two edges here in the next seven picks.
Speaker 1: Which we might kind of feels like we might do that actually, So for me and you might feel differently, Like I just I like a dis Isaac. I just think Darius Robinson's floor is high, Like I don't know understand why he's ranked forty five on the sport and again this is PFF sport. I would probably just.
Speaker 4: This is one of those guys like Tyler Guid and Darius Robinson, like go to the guys, like if you're watching it, you're praying the heat that they somehow fall at thirty six.
Speaker 3: That is like first round caliber town.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, and I saw, I mean, what do you think Jason.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he was the winner at the saon one of the winners, Like he's standing out, he's going to do.
Speaker 3: My practice Player of the Week or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just a violent I just love it. Man.
Speaker 2: We have the combine coming up. It's gonna crush at the court, I hope. So it's gonna looks he's probably not gonna be.
Speaker 1: Here, but man, if he is, yeah, we got to take him him.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're gonna take Robinson one hundred percent. I'm on board with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Darius Robinius from Missouri not chopped yet.
Speaker 3: So not gonna lie kind of hate you in this moment because I really.
Speaker 1: Wanted to know, like he's that guy that everyone wants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, but you know, for me, what quarterback, I still feel like I have to need to either protect him or give him an explosive weapon.
Speaker 3: Can you go to the off the lineman for look at you?
Speaker 1: You can't get away from your roots here?
Speaker 3: No, I can't. I just now see Jordan Morgan is the highest rated tackle.
Speaker 1: What do you think about him? By the way, I.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's a tackle.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either.
Speaker 3: And I plus I think he's player though, and I think if I'm if I'm drafting GOT thirty six at tackle, I want him to be like a day one starter. I'm not necessarily sure of the Jordan Morgan is the.
Speaker 4: Day one start because he got so He's got a lot of technical issues from that almost are too much for me to overlook.
Speaker 1: Can you go to the list, Jason, just for I want to ask. I got a question for Selby? Is there anybody on here that you think is a Day one starter? I have an answer to this, but is there anyone on this list? Do you think it's a dead listen? So, Jordan Morgan is the tackle guard from Arizona. Kingsley sum Mattia is attack from by you. I don't need know how to say this guy's name, Karan, I do it. I am Amma JUDDI a Majadi from Yale. Tackle that was close. Yeah, I like that better? Yeah, that's better. Blake Fisher attack from under name, Patrick Paul attack from Houston. He's any third on this board. And Matt Young Cleavis from Pittsburgh, who I think is actually a really sneaky I don't know if you've watched him at Zach you should definitely watch him. He was hurt this year, only played three games, but a really good football player. Reminds me of like a more athletic Sam Cosby, like might be a guard. But I like his film a lot. So again, just to give you a kind of the lay of the land.
Speaker 2: There, So what was your question of this?
Speaker 1: Obvio? So any of these of those guys that just right off and then obviously Dominic Puney who's right below him, is a guy that had an awesome week at the Senior Bowl. Probably a guard of those six guys, seven guys, is any one of those guys a day one starter. I have an answer in my mind, But I.
Speaker 4: Personally feel like of all the guys, I mean, I do like Patrick Paul a lot, but he's pretty green, man, He's pretty green. I feel like Kingsley is probably my guy that probably the guy that I would I think is the most ready to be to be and I like him a lot too.
Speaker 3: I like him a lot better than Jordan Morgan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's also a little bit green, you know, worried about the footspeed, a little bit great anchor, great strength, great play strength, competitive you steal that stuff might be a tick high for him, you know, But I like him.
Speaker 3: He's only twenty one too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's but of the guys for b YU, like that's super player, but on but on of this list that we just looked at, he's probably the guy that I think is the most ready at tackle to start day one. And if you want to guard, I think Dominic Puney is pretty close.
Speaker 4: But can you like to scroll down for like, yes, okay, cool, cool, he's still available. Well, they either's a project guy that that I've gotten, got your fair.
Speaker 3: Future, free future.
Speaker 1: So what are you gonna do is that you get a receiver? I think with dude, I think this is a mistake. Sect I think the mistake. Just look at look at look at this receiver list. I know we did this last time, but it's insane. Ladi mcconchney, Jeremy Burton, Xavier Worthy, Roman Wilson, h Jalen pok Ricky Pierce Saw, Jamie McMillan, de Montes Walker like Johnny Wilson, like Xavier again, Holy Count, Jim Murray, Thrash Brandon right, like all those guys will be on an NFL team Like yeah, all of them productive and productive player like that. How many guys we just talked about? Ten guys like yeah?
Speaker 4: But for me, I kind of feel like I have have to go with the guy who's going to give my quarterback the most opportunity to make explosive plays.
Speaker 1: And the Ladd.
Speaker 3: I feel like the Lad. The Lad is is an option.
Speaker 1: Here, Ladd is an option. Well he so if you said Lad, I would be like, awesome, pick yeah, because he's if you have not watched Ladd mccogney from Georgia, he's like this little white dude, but he is explosive as all get out.
Speaker 3: Killed it at the senior you have Julian Edelman.
Speaker 1: No Hunter Renfros I put, but no, but you said something that Jason Jesse Jason. We do like dueling descriptions, and I'll read Jessic guy Jason's description. You said he wants to score every time he touched the football. It looks and we talk about competitive hootspa.
Speaker 3: I love that he is great and he did he feel like he want almost all. He want a lot.
Speaker 1: Wheneveryone I want except for the kid from Who's the Guy?
Speaker 3: But I know that's not a realistic like but he's but.
Speaker 1: It was like he's moked. It wasn't like he won every one on one. It was like I made everyone winning silly. Everyone looked like they didn't play football.
Speaker 4: Another guy that like I do think could be potentially like could rise a blot of xaberly get just because he's a big dude who knows how to make it supposed to play and make catches like again like on this board, if this is your board, Yeah, I feel like he could potentially still be available somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I means roam with the.
Speaker 1: Lad We'll do it so and to your point, Zach, like in this offense though, like you need that kind of what's the guy's name in Arizona, the shifty kind of kid from Purdue the forgetting his name, Leave a comment if you remember his name, but like kind of that small, explosive four to to two kind of guy. I think Lad fits that, Bill, and he gives you more juice down the football field.
Speaker 3: So the targets for a quarterback who, like Bo, needs to have a.
Speaker 1: Little more develop and talk about in Manda Man situations. A guy that you say, hey, Man, go win this, go in on a choice, like, I think you love that. So were picking again. We're picking again, So you pick one Lad, right, Lad?
Speaker 2: Just so just so you know he's not here. We picked him last time. Yeah, yeah, but I think we go ed judge here.
Speaker 1: So I was going to ask you because to go to the linebacker, because the linebacker, because again I'm not super high in the linebacker class, but I just saw a name that popped up, and Peyton Wilson is probably I think Eddrian Cooper has more athletic upside, but Peyton Wilson's film is really really good, a lot of injury history. I think I agree with you, though, Jason. The more I think about it. I think it's just so risky to take a linebacker this high and you want to go ed, Judge, is what you said, Well, go to the onle lineman's Kingsley Sumataie. We already have at tackle. I forgot. We drafted what's the name of the first round.
Speaker 2: He's still there. Uti is still there.
Speaker 1: He's a football player. It's pretty good, pretty good football player, Bud.
Speaker 4: This is the benefit of of getting thirty six forty five.
Speaker 1: I know we're gonna get in the teeth of like solid football players.
Speaker 2: So here's here's why I'm gonna say edge, Right.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. We do need multiple and we have done. This is also before free agency, so we haven't signed.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna say edge because it's I think it's where we need the most help. I think just in general, right, I think that the talent here at edge, with the coaching staff that has been brought in, especially with Dan Quinn and what they do with defense, what we've seen happen in Dallas with their defensive line players, that we can take somebody like a Chop Robinson here and it's like, well, we already got our Darius Robinson, right, let's get another freak, and let's just have two just monsters that are coaching staff that we trust. That'd be pretty sick to get these guys really going. We've already protected our quarterback, so I think we can add another lineman or somebody offensively in our pick three spots from now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think we just go.
Speaker 2: I think we go with an edge.
Speaker 1: So think about this and let me just I don't disagree. I love that pitch, and I think that's a hunt. Un Mike, We're i'd I The other thing I'd say to that is what if we take also eight overall, we we restructure, we get rid of Charles Leno, you know, been good for us last couple of years. But and then we draft Jordan Morgan to play left guard, Like that would be pretty sick because talk about two guys that are fantastic athletes, very raw, obviously developmental to a certain extent. You mentioned Morgan's technical ability, but I don't doubt his athleticism. Same thing with Fashano. So then you get Vashanu Morgan, who you know, maybe Stromberg's playing center Cosme who was the best guard in the NFL of the last eight games, and Wiley, who is a tremendous athlete at tackle and a guy that needs to be insulated. But now you can insulate him because you've got athletes at the other spots. Again, they're young, but for for this gets us way better on the offensive line. Now, I don't know. I do think the deleaned the need of defensive line is a little bit higher though.
Speaker 2: So let me let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we only have two picks left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Are we gonna go offensive line defensive line for this in any particular order? Or are we going to add a weapon on off?
Speaker 1: We'll go to corner real quick, go to corner safety and again, like I think all the good corners went in this smock for whatever. Okay, so Mike Sanders still is still on the board for Michigan. He plays nickel. He's kind of this linebacker safety. He played the star position there, so like Fred Water played that. He's not that size of player. I think he's six foot one hundred, two hundred and ten pounds something like that, but great ball skills, great ball production, and just a football player. Johnny Man, he's even smaller than I thought. He's five to ten, one hundred and five pounds, but a heck of a football player. I think a guy like Jayden Hicks from Washington State, who on this board is ranked as fifty six. He is tall, he's six to three, he's two well, his film is awesome. He will he hits like a truck. He's got great ball instincts. So again, I think the thing. The funny thing about the safety cornerback class for this draft is there some guys that maybe weren't like the most productive in college, but when you turn on the film, you're like, this is a good football player, and I think that's gonna push them down a little bit. So I think we can wait on that. I think the receiver thing, we've talked about a lot, you know, like, maybe let's go to tight end real quick, see if there's anybody there that we like. I mean, I think you can get a guy later that you feel better about. So I would say, yeah, it's either right now. It feels like at this point in the draft it makes sense. The positions of value are offensive line, edge, which is surprising because no one thought that at the beginning, and receiver. Would you agree with that? Zech I would say so, yeah, So I think it's got to be for one of those three, And because the receivers are so deep, I'm gonna say we punt on that unless you say, like we need a guy with an exceptional skill set like Xavier Worthy who's probably gonna run like a four to two at the combine, like really got some explosive vertical speed. But again, I think you can wait and get a guy like that later. So to me, it's edge or offensive line, and so it's kind of flip a coin here. I'd be happy with either one. I do think the rawness of Jordan mor Morgan gives me pause. And I think, if I really the pitch you gave me about two elite edge rushers, young edges, guys that have traits that can make each other better, I think you gotta go. I think it's chop here, chop chopper dse Isaac your call. And again, Joan Ellis is a guy that in terms of film, has it all in terms of past rush ability. So I think any one of those three guys I'd be pretty happy with. Feels like a little bit of a reach for Joan Ellis because he's six to two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: Picks Chop last week.
Speaker 1: We did, so that's okay. Yeah, but but I think this is a good point though. So like if they drafted a de Isaac, I think thee Isaac's really good football player. I think chop ceiling is higher, right, I think that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: And I know I came off as a hater on Chop last no. No, but the reason I was pushing back against him is because he was the only Edge that was being drafted.
Speaker 1: This feels like a luxury this, this.
Speaker 2: Is a luxury pick because we have the other we have the two Robinsons.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so and I think Darius Darius is I got a crazy high floor and maybe the ceiling is not super high, but his floor is, and he's gonna be a good pro. Yes, And Chop could be an amazing pro and his floor is really low. So it's like this big various.
Speaker 2: It's a luxury pick. That's exactly right. So I'm okay with Chop here because.
Speaker 1: Of the luxury. I like it. Good. You've convinced me. Let's do it all right, And now Zach you've got the hard part.
Speaker 3: I'm going to stay in Edge.
Speaker 1: Are you look at you? Yeah? Because field draft.
Speaker 4: Darius Robinson cannot draft drop, which is still crazy that he's here at forty.
Speaker 3: Scroll down a little bit. Actually, just take tackles off off the board.
Speaker 1: Completely, No, look at you, just Peyton Wilson man linebacker. That's not a bad pick, dude, Brail and Trice. Bro we missed on Brail and Trice. I think he's way too low on the board. By the way, dude, imagine getting Brail and Trice And uh, for those of you at home, what well Zack's thing. Brillan Trice is six ' five right sixty four or something like that to seventy Washington, big old hoss to seventy four. So him and Darius Robinson together just denting face masks and collapsing pockets just gives me chills.
Speaker 3: But you don't see him on here, But like, what's your what's your hang up on?
Speaker 1: Chris Braswell, Chris Braswell, Oh, he's gone, he got drafted. You know, I'm just saying, but like what I felt like, I felt like there wasn't Everyone's like, Oh, he's this elite power guy, and I'm like his power is good, but it's not great. Oh he's got some elite athleticism. It's like it's good and not great. So he kind of is like this guy that's like a good football player but doesn't have chops juice or Darius Robinson's power.
Speaker 3: Went with.
Speaker 2: Deezer, Right, we got the bash brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brothers Darius. But but like to your point though, like these Isaacs, hec football player.
Speaker 3: I'm looking. I'm looking at a couple of players. Let's see Jonah Ellis.
Speaker 2: Go on there.
Speaker 3: I like him and my guy Marshaan Yeah, I say, Marshawn nelon Is.
Speaker 4: He's an excellent football player.
Speaker 3: So it's a little more see if I can.
Speaker 1: You're you're liking the deep cut here.
Speaker 3: I like Justin Justin to boyd V although he's like.
Speaker 1: He's like a defensive tacko.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I don't know why he's here. Caesar is another guy that I really like to get a really good hand.
Speaker 1: On a so Mohammed Karma if you're looking for deep cuts guys, Colorado State edge has has the juice.
Speaker 3: A little bit of a into the third round, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Xavier Thomas from Clemson. Again, we're going to go injury this year, but later we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna go with Jonas Ellis, Oh, I like that pick, not going to have the bash brothers. Like like you, I think this is a really like he's a young guy on just about to turn twenty one, but like got a lot of really good upside and I think he I think he could be your guy that could really havoc on on pass a long time.
Speaker 1: One of the most devastating spin moves in college, like almost Dwight Freeny esque, excellent or hand usage. His uncle played in the NFL, his dad played in the NFL. His three brothers play in the NFL. Dude's gonna be a good pro. The only thing you worry about is just his size. Probably has to be a stand up guy. But if we know one thing about dan Quinn and his defenses, he knows how to You just got us guys that can rush the passer. So I think he'd have an excellent role here.
Speaker 2: We got a guy like Ryan Kerrigan on this coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, help help him out a little bit. Helped him out, absolutely, Bud, Absolutely, Bud.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Jonny Ellis, Oh man, we're at forty three. God, it's so nice having these three picks like stacked up on each other. It's really nice. It's nice because who's available still Jordan Morgan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we do, which is what I thought what happened. I thought it would slit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, because yeah, Jordan Morgan. We just talked about him like a guy that can convert to guard. I mean, if we really wanted to be insane people, we draft Kingsley Suemataia and have him play guard for a year and then bump him outside.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we could do.
Speaker 2: That, But what's the reason he not to do that? Why Morgan?
Speaker 1: I just think Jordan is gonna be a better He's gonna be like he's gonna be like Tyler Smith astually's gonna be like a really really good guard, maybe like a pro Bowl guard. And I think Kingsley Sue Mattia is gonna be like a good tackle and could be a good guard. I don't think his ceiling's quite as high because again we talked about the thing with Fashano in terms of athletic upside, and I think Morgan's gonna run well, He's got good decent place strength, you know what I'm saying. But he's a guy that I think has got some mobility. And then obviously Peyton Willis the linebacker from or UNC no inc State. Thank you. You know, he's still on the board. I like his film a lot, but I'm not taking a linebacker this high, I don't think. So.
Speaker 2: Here's the other thing I wanted to talk to you about is that we're not gonna go with a wide receiver, although I was I was kind of hoping we would, Yeah, just just because I feel like we need that extra wide receiver with potentially Curtis Samuel not being on this round for sure needed though, I think we want a bigger guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something that they don't have on the roster, right, But I mean, like so also just to kind of flush this out too, to your point, like Roman Wilson, I wouldn't mind if they drafted him because dude's going to run a four to two at the combine. Jalen Polk six ' to two, bigger guy, right, I love him, like really competitive at the catch. One got a little doll, I got that dog, Yeah, that dog, Ricky Piersaw, I mean six to one, but more of a slot guy, I would say, right, but a guy that can play outside. But it feels like johan Ish, Yes, very Johannah, and then DeVante's Walker doesn't catch football at the time, but incredibly fast. And then you get into like the big guys, Johnny Wilson, there's nobody bigger than him.
Speaker 2: So that's that's Johnny Wilson is one of those guys that I'm just like, I don't know what to do with him, but put him on. But he's mad and we're going to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Well, I keep going back to this.
Speaker 2: He's a wide receiver from Florida State, six foot seven, two and thirty seven.
Speaker 1: And the craziest thing about him is not even that dude has thirty five and a half inch arms.
Speaker 3: That's massive for a Receiver's.
Speaker 1: Like somebody said, who said it? Sikamas said this when he did our podcast during the Seaper Bowl. He is the Victor wembin Yama of receivers, Like exactly right. Yeah, Like he's just is And I go back to the dance presser or the interview did with us where he's like, I want guys that I want freaky traits and I want to find the best way to use them, and like that is they There is nobody nobody has ever played the game that looks like that, you know, and so that's really enticing. Then obviously Zach mentioned him already, Xavier like get like a bigger body down the field type guy. So there are guys later like those. So they're listed on this board and everyone's gonna have him differently at seventy one and seventy two, those are third round players.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean trading back like how we did and having all these picks at the top of the second round, I feel like we were getting in the luxury yeah at this point, which is nice. So if you have a Terry and you have a Johan, who were very confident in why not see what Johnny Wilson can do.
Speaker 1: But I think I think this is where like you go back to the big board and you say, like, hey, man, I want I want him on my team, right, but I can also get Jordan Morgan, Kingsley, Sue Mattaia, Peyton Wilson, who again on this board are a little bit ranked a little bit higher. Yeah, and then wait and then in the third round, or I could even trade this pick back hypothetically if there's someone here that I didn't really love, and then I could pick Johnny Wilson exavierly get in the third world. That's why it's it's so important to understand how the league views players. Yes, so you don't I hate the word reach, but it's like you want to get the best player you can at each spot, and you want guys that you think can play football, which I think is important.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, so I think I'm down with the offensive lineman. I just wanted to point out those types of wide receivers at their year and like I just I wanted to talk about Johnny.
Speaker 1: Wilson, Yeah, and then go to the also just I know, I know the conversation. I know, I know if tight ends, like tight end is something people were talking about to me, like this is a class like Jared Wiley's not even on this list and he might be the best guy in this group. You know, Ben Sick, He's it's crazy to me, like he's way down at two sixty nine. And I just saw on the football.
Speaker 4: Players not necessarily top of day too.
Speaker 1: Well, so what I was gonna say is like on this so this is a good example, he's two sixty nine on this board. I just saw four mock drafts the other day. I think one done by mel Kiper one done by h Daniel Jeremiah and he's the third guy in their list, right, So like, don't just because like you don't recognize like Theo Johnson, he's one fifty seven. He's probably the third or fourth best guy in this class, you know what I'm saying, Like, there are good football players at that position that again will be there in that third fourth round range. And you're like, yeah, we're juiced about those tight ends. So is it Jordan Morgan? I like King, I like Kingsley Sumataie a lot. But again you'd have to do a little bit of like and maybe you feel better about this, Maybe move him to guard and then you move Kingsley to right tackle. You get bookends for the future. Although I do think George I'm gonna go Jordan Morgan. I think his upside is a little bit better. I think his upside's a little bit better at guard, Zach, Yeah, at at guard. I think if you wanted to tackle, obviously Suematia is the guy you.
Speaker 2: I think you feel really good about our line going in the next season.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, And I think there is an option like if Jordan Morgan does develop and there's an opportunity for him to move over and tackle.
Speaker 3: You can try him out in training camp see what he does.
Speaker 1: Kind of like the same Cosme experiment. I think you played tackle in college. You see a good athlete and then you let him fail at tackle because that's a more valuable position financially, and then you have a really good guard like you do with Sam So exactly.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna stay at tackle, are you Finally I'm gonna I'm gonna stay there.
Speaker 3: And I got my.
Speaker 1: Eyes on your guys there though, two guys, two guys, two.
Speaker 4: Guys that that I see more of like as maybe short term projects with long term possibly success like it look at a King's assume tea obviously I like him and Patrick paul As are both kind of green. Yeah, but you talk about something that you can't coach. Patrick paul is six and thirty three pounds, thirty five inch arms. That's a massive dude. And yeah, he is technically raw on a lot of areas. But man, if he gets his arms on you and he sinks thans of them things, it's over.
Speaker 3: It's done. The rep is done. He's won the rep.
Speaker 1: So but also let me just point this out. How do you say his name the guy from al Can we try that one.
Speaker 3: More time here in.
Speaker 1: A megadj mega DJ. So he's obviously huge projection coming from Yale and didn't go to the Senior Bowl for whatever reason. Should have probably been there. But a guy that has got that athletic juice that you're looking for, you know what I'm saying, and so well, in much the same way that Patrick Paul is a project, and I think Patrick Paul is a technical project. I worry about his footspeed a little bit. I don't worry about that with I'm a DJ, right, Like he's got some ability, so I don't like just because so fans no. And then Blake Fisher from Notre Dames, the other guy that I think is really interesting, played opposite of Joe Alt is a really solid college football player. It kind of reminds me of like Mike mcglinchy, Like he's not as good as Quentin Nelson was, but like, we'll make your football team better. He's not super flashy. It's not the ceiling of Patrick Paul, not the ceiling of Kingsley Summataia, but he like he will, he's a plug and play day one guy that'll grade C plus B minus for you for ten or eleven years in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I hear all that, and I love the public.
Speaker 1: We just we're just for sure these guys for sure, these other guys that are one.
Speaker 4: And I think all of those guys are really good. And I think I think you mentioned some of the plug and play guys. I think they've they've got that. But I'm taking a chance on ceiling here, and I just have a feeling that Patrick Paul's ceiling is gonna be a lot higher than some of these other guys.
Speaker 1: So what I would say to this, though, this is again going back to the big board and understanding not only your big board, but the league's big board. If this is if this is an analogous, this is PFF. So he doesn't know everything, Trevor Sickon hes smart guy doesn't know everything. This is eighty three here. So I see that eighty three on there, and I'm like, that's a third round player, sure, And that doesn't feel like outside the realm of possibility. So what I would say is, if you like him, don't reach on him. You got Sue Mattia right here. You can draft him again. You know, like, no one's going to be mad at you for taking two offensive linemen back to back, I think. And so that's where again like understanding the but if you want them, no, get them.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing too, that's the thing like you're taking the chance.
Speaker 3: When does Washington pick again, Uh, we don't know there are.
Speaker 1: We have a third round?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it being in the third round. But you're also taking a bit of a chance and saying we think in the next twenty or so picks that guy still.
Speaker 1: And this is something else I would consider too, is like if you like, let's say, for example, Zach, you don't like anybody here right, Like you don't you're not in love with anybody, but that's your guy, trade back ten spots, yeah, and pick up another six or seventh round pick. That's where like the cause I know, I know there's somebody says, oh, I want Kingsley Suemataia, right, so they would trade up with you, right. Or there's a guy that would want name your defensive tackle, edge rusher guy there, they would trade up for that. So I think that ability, Isaac, Yeah, that ability to move down with Patrick Paul specifically in this example, again, I think this is too low for him. Just to be clear with everybody, I think he's like the bottom of the second guy because of the upside. But people reach on those guys all the time, right, Yeah, So I'm not saying that this is a bad pick. I'm just saying, based on the the layering of it. If I really believe this and I really understand how the league views this player, I could trade down and make my draft a little bit better for him.
Speaker 2: So I want to say something real quick, yeap when we talk about like reaching or whatnot. Oh yeah, we're in the second round, right and we're picking top of the second round or Zax picking top of the second round. You're saying he's bottom of the second round guy, Well, you'd have to trade back, you'd have to hit exactly.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have to be exactly.
Speaker 2: But like I'm saying, you're betting that none of those teams that you trade behind are gonna want Patrick Paul and you have to find a trade partner to do. You can't just say, oh, I want to trade and like it happens, You've got to.
Speaker 1: Make Another thing I put to is like this is why I tier players, right, Like I tier. All my guys instead of doing a big but I do a big board, but I also do a horizontal board, so I cross position. And this is this keeps you from doing something like reaching for a guy like Patrick Paul and falling in love with traits, right, because if you've tiered them out right, and you say, Patrick Paul, is I have him below, Kingsley, Suamataiah, I have him below, name your edge, Adece, Isaac, I'm going to take one of those players before this guy. Now, Zach's board might look differently than mine, right, so.
Speaker 2: The ZAXX board could we could be already be in that tier. So why not just because you're.
Speaker 1: Going to rain the tier? I mean, are you in the tier? Like after watching this film and stuff.
Speaker 3: I think so, okay, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: So that's what That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: If that's how if that's how he feels, I think that's one hundred percent right. And I think, but that's the thing about the draft though, It's like when you when I look at Patrick Paul, this is the thing. Arm length, the height, the weight, it's all there, foot speed, little concerning hand placement, little concerning foot speed, in my experience, is not get better drastically, you know, And so is he going to project to be that that guy, the day one starter that you're talking about, because there's a little bit of greeness there. To me, he feels like a guy who's going to be a swing tackle for a year or two, maybe ends up being a right tackle and then we'll see. But a more much more developmental than so any you know kings They SUMMATI is developmental too, which is developmental in a different way. So I'm not saying this is a bad pick. I'm just saying, like, this is why that scouting department here does such a comprehensive job of like rating players, because they also want to know, Like it's a thing. It's like, don't fall in love with traits, right yea, yeah, don't fall in love with traits because there are there are. This is the other thing i'd say is there's no bad picks if you can justify it. Does that make sense what I'm saying, Like, there's no bad pick, and so like for this, it might feel like a bad pick if he gets in here and you know, he doesn't work out, But on the day, if you had agreement and consensus that the coaches liked him, whatever, then go for it. Yeah good.
Speaker 2: And I'm just trying to say that, like if he's let's say we have Zak has a tier here and there's eight guys in this tier and Patrick Paul's in there, It's like, well, you were saying, I think you can trade back eight spots and still get a guy in the tier in the tier, but in order to do that, you need a team within eight spots to want to trade back, And if you're sitting there, it's like, well why not, I'm already in my tier. I'll just get the guy I like the best of this tier and like there's no loss there. And I think that that's what Zach's trying to say. With Patrick Paul, It's like, yeah, I could move back, but that's why.
Speaker 1: Already got it. And I think the other thing that's important too, is like these are luxury picks, so if you want to take a shot, it doesn't need to be perfect. And that's the thing. There's no perfect pick, right, Like I could make an argument for Xavier' worthy just went to pick before you can make an argument why that's too high for him or why that's too low for him. Like, that's the thing. It's like, remember, we're all looking at the same pictures. It's just preference. And so for me, I get a little bit worried about Patrick Paul. I have my reservations about him, so it seems like a risky pick.
Speaker 2: What can he do?
Speaker 1: Right? That's exactly right. But also the same thing with King zimsumatized. So it's not like either one of those guys are like locks. If you want to lock, you take Blake Fisher. But the ceiling is not very high.
Speaker 4: Jo go to Edge just real quick, and just want to double check to make sure there's someone out there that I don't like more that Edge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because everyone's been drafted. Yeah, oh you didn't draft. No one's drafted to d Isaacyetrice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think's still there.
Speaker 1: I think if you went exactly, I think you'd be doing all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 1: I I like, yeah, no, I don't dislike it. I'm just we're kind of talking because.
Speaker 4: My experience, I feel like Footsbee does get better. It depends on how much the person is dedicated to.
Speaker 3: Getting it better.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: He's very wrong, Yeah, he's very raw. But again I think ceiling high.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's high, but I think the floor is low too, So I think you're going, what are you doing sending the car?
Speaker 2: It is all right, all right, that's our mock draft battle.
Speaker 1: Too, battle too. I feel pretty good about its. Actually smooth search. Did you see that one? We were just talking all this mess. Johnny Wilson went at hey, that's what ied at sixty four or something like that. Right, So smooth search is still going on.
Speaker 2: So he on his way. That was an hour and twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: All right, So just to review the picks, just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go Selby, you go first.
Speaker 4: Who so went round one Bnix at quarterback b Nicks issues, but we still we still like him. Lab McConkie getting an easy option when he's when to give a man coverage. Joan Ellis get us a guy that can rush the passer. Yep, a lot upside there, and then Patrick Paul a little bit of a project. But the ceiling is very, very high.
Speaker 2: And it's also important to note it note we trade back with Atlanta, so we also have next year's number one pick, number two picks. So it's in addition that he's.
Speaker 1: And I think this is a perfect important This is a draft capital iteration of why draft grades are so stupid, perfect iteration because Bonex is a D right, but we filled the need. He was the best quarterback we thought available. Right now, he's not a D right, But it's like they but based on how this program works, it's like I had him rated at thirty and you picked him way too high. Same thing with Chris Paul. Like I like Chris Paul. I think he's a good Patrick Paul. Sorry, Chris Paul's brother. That's my bad. That's my bad. Vices, that's on me. But he's an F. But I don't think that's right because if if Zach had him in his building at that, yep, then it's not an F. If fits in need, you got to you got to plan for that guy. So it's it's just that draft grades don't mean anything. So I'm saying draft grades are silly, and especially ones right after the draft. They need to do a draft grade like three years down the road. See what's going on there.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Our draft picks are Oli Fachano at eight, Love that, Darius Robinson at thirty six, love that, and then forty Chop Robinson was brothers, what's up coach? And then forty three Jordan Morgan like, we just got so much draft for it's a very good draft. Yeah, I feel like you've locked down both both sides of the ball eventually for a long time. Again, I think this is another thing that we need to point out to is this is why getting all this draft capital, like even the even the extra pick from Chicago is so important because you're gonna get you know, an extra really good football player, which is awesome. So but that's what trading back gives you is this opportunity to kind of say, hey, like, think about the team this year, surrounded with this offensive line of young players. I got to develop, no doubt protecting Sam Howe, got good scale position players, get a receiver later. Man looks drastically different next year just from the jump. So that's that's what trading back gives you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Logan, So we're gonna be at the Combine.
Speaker 1: Yes, ticket to the draft. Man, we've got so if we're gonna do like we did at the Senior Bowl, right, we're gonna get gonna kind of review the day who did well and all the jumps in the running, give all your insight, and then we're gonna get some great interviews. We've got some great guts potentially lined up, so make sure you check that out. It's gonna be awesome draft combine exclusive content. The only and the only place you can get it is on Ticket to the Draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make sure you subscribe. You won't miss it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: That was a great bock draft battle.
Speaker 1: Guys, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, fans, leave comments, let us know who won, let us know who you would pick, Let us know if you trade back.
Speaker 1: All right now