Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five. Bet five bucks get.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use the promo code leading Off only at Bet three six five. It is me, Joey p That's Joe Arico, and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker. Jacks Welsh on vacation for the extended weekend. He'll be back on Monday with me. We've got some fun stuff going on again. We won't be live this week because the All Star Game festivities, but we are dropping some content so Monday Tuesday, Wednesday, keep an eye out on the channel. Subscribe to Fantasy Bros MLB on the YouTube side so you get all of the shows. Joe Rico, we got to start here with a guy. It looked pretty pretty good yesterday. I had just a couple strikeouts in the game. Oh what's his name? Oh yeah, Paul Skeen's somebody we don't talk about very often on the show. Paul Sken's got a w a one nothing win for the Pirates. The twenty two year old has a one nine zero era. He struck out eleven brewers yesterday, So the over game in a big time on that strikeout total eighty nine cutcaves, twelve walks in eleven starts, and it looks like he could be the starter of the All Star Game, which we just talked about on the show. The only way to do it is to make him the starter with his funky routine. He's throwing footballs, he's backhanding balls against walls. Start him clean inning, get him out of there. I'm excited now for first inning of the All Star Game of Skeens is indeed.
Speaker 3: The dude, absolutely and I love that they're not going to mess with the routine.
Speaker 4: Like you said.
Speaker 3: If he's coming out in the fourth of the fifth inning and he's got to work in the pen and just keep everything nice and clean, it looks like it's going to be Gunner, Henderson, Judge, and Soto in that first inning. Probably, we don't know for sure, but I'm very excited. I'm not usually somebody who cares that much about the All Star Game. I like the Derby, but the game is kind of whatever. But I will be planted on the coach watching that for sure.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's like Walsh isn't here, but we got Joe in lockstep. He's not excited about the All Star Game either. I used to be excited about the All Star Game.
Speaker 1: It's tough. It's last year.
Speaker 2: The uniforms were so bad it actually made my head hurt. I had a hard time physically watching it. That was that was weird. I did not like the the uniforms.
Speaker 1: I was old man, Joe.
Speaker 3: I wish they'd wear their own team jerseys like it used to be.
Speaker 5: I can't you wear the old one chefs like we used to hear. You wear your own damn jersey. You wear the home white if you're the home.
Speaker 1: Team, and then you go out there. You wear the graze if you're out there.
Speaker 5: And I remember when I remember when Carl Hebbw was in the Star Game. He struck out those three fellas there, he struck out. He shuck out Timmy Fox, and he struck out to.
Speaker 1: Babe Ruth, and he struck out lou Gary get a row. I was there, Carl Hebbw. Alright, people have to look up who Carl Hubble is?
Speaker 2: The jake not even joining us live here on the show. Instead drops a Colm. I can't make the show Live today, but just want to drop it and say that Paul Skans is the f and man and I may or may not be developing a slight man crush on him. Have a great show, go Braves says the jake is that okay? Can you have man crushes on Paul Skins.
Speaker 1: I think it's okay, right.
Speaker 4: I think it's perfectly okay for me.
Speaker 3: I love dude like I love pitching. I used to be a pitcher when I played baseball, and I always tend to favorite pitchers more. But when you're seeing this kind of thing, it's hard to not just be smitten.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 1: Well, you do have that picture hair I do, old de gram hair I do.
Speaker 4: I got the old lensicum flowed.
Speaker 2: Tonsum to grom. You know, there was that window there where all the guys had that same hair. And Joel Rico's like, no, this is not a phase for me. This is going the whole way, all right. Speaking of the Derby, by the way, I just put out my picks for the Derby on the social media. You can go check that out. Should be out later today. But it's Alonzo Ozuna, Garcia Henderson, Bobby Wood Junior Hernandez ta Oscar that is, Josier and mirrors and Alec Boem Joe.
Speaker 1: I know where I'm going for this one.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite that you like so far? I know there's some you know. Alonzo plus three hundred is the favorite. Ozuna right behind him plus three fifty. I'm looking at Bobby Witta plus six hundred and Garcia plus four. Those are my two favorite bets.
Speaker 1: Where do you go?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 3: Probably Alonzo would be hard to bet against him. I think that'd be where I I mean, how can you bet against the champ?
Speaker 4: Right? How many times does he want it? Two?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 4: Is it three? I can't remember? At least two?
Speaker 1: Right, Lonzo's won a twice two.
Speaker 4: I think it would be hard to got to.
Speaker 2: The finals, but he came up short another time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it would be hard to bet against him.
Speaker 3: I mean, plus three hundred, it's not the greatest, but it's still a triple your money for Peter al On, So I think it's I think it's probably where I would go. I'm not going to bet on the Derby, probably, although we'll see what happens. Once a couple of beers are flowing on Monday night.
Speaker 1: I like this ladist.
Speaker 2: Eddie Buzz says, Joe, you were mentioned on another podcast, like Eddie, what podcast is talking about me?
Speaker 1: Oh? So humbled?
Speaker 2: Some dude was railing about you and you're singing, and I stood up for you because I'm a cracker.
Speaker 1: Jack good, thank you, Eddie what show? Let me know?
Speaker 2: So you see all these tough guys are I'm just kind of curious all these fake tough guys like to hang around and make comments.
Speaker 4: Is it me or you? Is it me or you? I guess it's probably you.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's definitely me. I don't know how you're singing, Joe.
Speaker 4: It's not the greatest. Probably not.
Speaker 2: Hey, at least they're talking about you, you know, That's what I say.
Speaker 1: They're talking about you? All right? Some more headlines.
Speaker 2: Juli Rodriguez feast or famine continues. He've reached the base all four times yesterday after not doing anything the day before and then going four to four the day before that. He was three for three with a double and a walk. Crazy, So there you go. Juli Rodriguez continues to be in enigma. Jack Flaherty was back and good two hits, one run, six innings against the Guardians there just an ass kicking. Really, so Joe Jack Flaherty probably is going to be out there. Give me a guess of where you think Jack Flaherty will land. Is he a Dodger? Is he a Yankee? Is he I'm trying to think of some man of the other teams out there.
Speaker 1: Is he a Brave? Like? Where does he possibly go?
Speaker 4: Yankee?
Speaker 3: Yankee Stadium would scare me a little bit. I think Braves would be interesting. Braves and Dodgers both really need pitching. I think one of them would make a lot of sense. But I also got to say, how is Jack Flarity not an All Star? I know he's probably wouldn't pitch in the game anyway, but he has been one of the best pitchers in all of baseball this season and he is headed to the All Star Game, So I think that's crazy. He's likely to get traded, and I think it's probably gonna be one of those elite National League teams, But why is.
Speaker 1: He not Houston wouldn't surprise me either.
Speaker 2: Houston's kind of been up up a creek without a paddle, and Eddi's saying it was my friends at the CBS show, Frank and Chris, Well, that's okay that those are my friends. That's not some other show. It's a great show. I love the boys over there and Scott and everybody. They do great job over there, so that's okay. Frank has heard me sing in person at bars, so that's okay. Frank and I go way back. So you know, Frank Stample fun fact, was actually a producer of a show of mine when he was an intern years ago over at Fantasy Network. So that's how long I know Frankie boy. So it's been a long time there. So I'm now I'm going to ask them to come on the show just so I can sing to them. So now that I know they're talking trash. Kevin Gossman allowed two runs a seven innings yesterday, so Joe Rico happy today.
Speaker 1: Lewis Castile also good.
Speaker 2: Some good pitching performances yesterday, including Hunter Green striking out ten and Justin Steele, who we were betting on yesterday, came through seven shutout innings, got a w against the O's. Justin Steele was winless forever and it was a good bet yesterday. Maybe this is that little bit of a you know, the Orioles look a little human here. It's funny Joe coming up against the break, the Phillies, the Yankees, the Orioles, all the big juggernaut teams looking a little human here in the middle of the year.
Speaker 1: Have you noticed that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it kind of tends to happen.
Speaker 3: Nobody runs so so pure that they're gonna well, I mean, it does happen every now and again, but usually you're gonna see teams go through a bit of a downturn, even those one hundred plus win teams. So I'm not really overly worried, but yeah, it's definitely something that we have noticed specifically. I got know, we've talked with the Dodgers a lot, but that rotation is just like it's crazy. Like we mentioned yesterday, James Paxson at the top right now, they're gonna have to do some stuff because yeah, it's it's not what you'd be expecting for sure at this point, but it does. Like it's baseball, it does happen. Teams are gonna run cold and hot for a while, but the bet the better teams are gonna figure it out eventually.
Speaker 2: Now on the other side of the Paul Skeens headline was Aaron Savaldi, who pitched very well.
Speaker 1: By the way, so Brewers.
Speaker 2: Acquire Savali about a week ago, six and a third innings, one run, took the l but again pitched very well. This is important for the Milwaukee Brewers. It's also important for fantasy perspective because, look, Savally, they need more help in this rotation. They need some depth. Savali's that guy. Here's a question for you. I know his underlying metrics are better than the actual era and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about that for a long time.
Speaker 2: I know Mike Maher seems to write about it every single week on Fantasy bros dot Com, waiting for Savali to come around.
Speaker 1: Do you think, y'all should.
Speaker 2: I say, are you confident that Savally is somebody that's going to be an asset in the second half for fantasy managers?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say him confident.
Speaker 3: I think there's a chance, but unless he really does start to get closer to those era estimators, and even the estimators are somewhere in like the low four type of range. If you're talking really shallow leagues, you got a guy who's maybe going to be like best case scenario high threes, low fours without a lot of strikeout upside.
Speaker 4: I think he's okay, but.
Speaker 3: I think he does skew to slightly deeper formats if you're in like a ten team or twelve teamer.
Speaker 4: I think he's more streamable.
Speaker 3: He does have upside, but I don't think we see it constant enough to have him on those shallow rosters.
Speaker 1: Do if that make sense, Oh, definitely makes sense.
Speaker 2: Let's do a little for fun. Brandon Fodd got his first win of the month. Yay, Brandon Fodd six innings for the Diamondbacks. Good w over the Braves. In also other news, three for four with a double was Wiler or brayew He had a home run to RBI. He was just eight for forty two over his last fourteen games, so he needed a good game in the worst way. That's a positive rookie lokie time. Shane Boz gave up three runs in four and a third, got no decision against the Yankees.
Speaker 1: He gave up six hits, walked one, struck out five.
Speaker 2: But as everyone likes to say, the stuff look good, so are you encouraged by the stuff look good? Even though the results weren't necessarily there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the thing that really is kind of odd is the pitch count he got up in the nineties in his previous start, they pulled him at sixty eight. Now, Aaron Judge was coming up to the dish. But I think this is his kind of raiser, gonna ray type of thing, Like I think Shane Boss is very good, but Kevin Cash is gonna be kind of infuriating the way he uses him. So I was pretty encouraged, Like it wasn't a bad outing. I think BoSz is an excellent pitcher, but Tampa is just so so annoying four and a third when he's at sixty eight pitches, like, come on, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: So I guess Eddie Buzz works for I mean, with a name like Eddie Buzz, you gotta work for TMZ, right, I gotta think. So it's more to come here. So Eddie's still going on into the chat here. Look at him just unloading stuff. Just to be clear, it was a fellow subscriber, not Frank or Chris, commenting on my vocals. So it was one of our Peanuts and Cracker Jacks making a comment, how dare you see other shows behind my back? How dare you?
Speaker 1: No, those guys are great. Like That's the thing I never understood.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, it's if you like baseball and you like this show, and that you can like this show, you can like that show.
Speaker 1: You could like all those shows.
Speaker 2: You could be everywhere. Dude, Like the tribalism and fantasy sports makes me laugh. I'm like, I mean, look, I know in nerd circles and I'm a nerd myself. Like, tribalism is kind of a thing. Come on, man, we're having different takes, different baseball stuff.
Speaker 1: It's a good time. So yeah, I mean nice singing's actually not so bad.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I do it bad as a joke here on the show. But who knows, Maybe we'll have to do an entire musical version of the show.
Speaker 1: Joe Rico, yep.
Speaker 3: For the musical version of absolutely, I will get off the music, I will get the vocals ready, I will absolutely take heart for the next intro. For the next time you guys do an intro, we should get one of you guys to sing it instead of this AI.
Speaker 1: So there you go. I love that Jackson job.
Speaker 2: Check out eight and five scoreless innings in double A and Finally, Slade Chacconi was sent down.
Speaker 1: To triple A Reno. So a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: Will get sent down. Some guys will come back up this time of year because it's the All Star break. They want guys to keep working through rotation spots especially, but some guys will not. I don't know if Slay Chaccone is gonna be back. Three up and three down. Cal Raley, how hot has he been? Three for five homer from both sides of the plate. Unbelievable? What should have been picking cal Rawley for my home run calls? Let's think it would have been way better onan Soto two for four, excuse me two for three with two walks, a double and a dinger and ten or how six shoutout innings?
Speaker 1: I fell just shy though of.
Speaker 2: My strikeout total in the extras, so got regular one, got the w all that stuff, but I got the parlay version, but didn't get the all strikeouts. Whatever life goes on. Brandon Drury, another zero for three for him, he said in a Bucks seventy two forty four forty two games. Brandon Drury had a couple good seasons in a row, and then he has completely fallen off the map this year. What happened to Brandon Drury? I understand Joe. It was like a weird thing where it was a player people didn't expect, and then he became productive, and then people didn't buy in, and then this year if you bought in, is like, hey, this is a cost effective guy in the infield spots where you can get some power and he might be a pretty good return. And he has done less than nothing this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he did deal with an injury, but the power is just gone. Like the last couple of seasons twenty six, twenty eight homers barrel rate above ten percent each of the last two seasons, one home run in forty two games and a three point eight percent barrel rate. The power being gone for Brandon jury means there's just no fantasy value. He's not a batting average asset, no stolen bases. We know the lineup around him. I needed to double check this. He has six RBI in forty two game, Like that is just that's a lot. Like that's a horrendous, horrendous.
Speaker 1: Don't even know how that happens, Like how does that even happen? Like you figure, you know the Angels have their problems.
Speaker 3: Figure you and I could be in the middle of that order, probably drive in more than six runs in forty two games.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm kind of joking, kind of, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: I can still swing to bad Brandon curveball, not so much straight ball. Fine curveball bats are afraid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brandon jury, I think if you're still holding on, there's just there's just not a lot of hope here for me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue with the downs.
Speaker 2: McKenzie gore four runs in four and two thirds against the Mets, and Jordan Hicks got lit up five runs and four and a third. Not a good day against your Blue Jays, but again that made Joe Rigo happy injury notes to get to read Garrett mri on his elbow was clean, no structural damage, So we'll see what happens there. Jg Rerol mute is not going to return before they all star break.
Speaker 1: No surprise there.
Speaker 2: We've been thinking that DJ Lemayhew underwent a precautionary cat scan. It was apparently clean, though after he found a ball off his neck. Now I didn't see this, Joe, but how do you foule a ball off your neck? That seems like almost what's more impossible fouling a ball off your neck or Brandon Jury having six RBI in forty two games.
Speaker 1: I want to hear you.
Speaker 2: In the comments, you tell me what is more unlikely. But what do you think, Joe? What do you think about this one? Did you see this? I miss this.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it either, But it feels like you would be more likely to hit yourself on the neck than only drive into six runs, even for the Angels, over the course of what a quarter of a season.
Speaker 4: That's wild. Have you see the odd foul ball go off the you know, near the hands or at the end of the other games?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm only guessing it hit the ground and came back up on him.
Speaker 4: Could that have been maybe I didn't see it. Maybe like it hit the.
Speaker 1: Plate and came back.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know it's some weird foul ball stuff, but that seems like a weird, weird one to me. I don't know, very weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Kyle Tucker is playing catch today, So there you go, Kyle Tucker and your ten year old nephew both playing catch this afternoon. Zach Wheeler will not start on Sunday against the A's no shock there with that back issue, so we're gonna keep him. We'll see if he makes appearance in the All Star Game. Joe, I give it a fifty to fifty. What do you give it for Wheeler in the All Star Game?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think they're probably not gonna let him pitch, but maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean, then NL's until Tuesday, the NL.
Speaker 3: Suffered a few losses for pitchers, so that the NL All Star pitching staff might need to desperately call upon Zach Wheeler. But I don't know if Rob Thompson and the Phillies are gonna love that. I think they probably would prefer.
Speaker 4: To have a break.
Speaker 3: But did they have a say in the matter, Like can Levolo just say, like, you know what, he's going out?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, I think they probably.
Speaker 2: Oh, the player can just say no, which is again, what's like? You know, the All Star Game used to be a big thing of pride because the American League and nationallygue didn't like each other back in baseball. I know this is hard to imagine. Before there was all the guaranteed money and all the giant contracts, people didn't like each other like there was a lot like the Yankees and Red Sox hated each other, the Cardinals and Mets in the eighties, brutal rivalry there, you know, it's it's just funny. I feel like those rivalries that really made baseball that I mean, the Dodgers and Giants are still alive and well, I think that one's still pretty good, but it's just not as venomous, I feel like as it was, especially when I was a kid. And I don't think this is me, you know, being old or whatever. I just think those rivalries are just not there anymore in the same way that they were. You are younger than I by a couple months. So do you see any of the rivalries still existing in Major League Baseball like that?
Speaker 1: Like to that thing where you see.
Speaker 2: Like if you said, if I said, Joe, who are the two teams that absolutely hate each other right now? It's like a real rivalryor you want to see those two teams play?
Speaker 1: Does that exist?
Speaker 3: In my brain, I would default to Yankees Red Sox, but I think it's more the lore than anything that's currently going on. Right Like I my brain, I just think of like Pedro throwing what's his name to the ground.
Speaker 4: Zimmern was it don Zimmer?
Speaker 1: No? Don Zimmer? What's his name? How dare you a Don Zimmer bobblehead? Here? It's one of the all time great bobbleheads. I'm gonna find it here while you talk.
Speaker 3: But I don't I agree with you that you just don't see it on a regular basis anymore of the animosity. Like when the whole Tim Anderson Jose Ramirez thing happened, that was like a massive, massive deal. You used to see guys kind of throw punches more often. Nolan Ryan and guys from back in the day wouldn't really hesitate to either like throw a bat or throw a punch or something. Now you don't really see that, And that's not necessarily just rivalries. But the game is a little more tamer. I think there's not as u the emotions don't run quite as high unless you see a couple guys can hit by a pitch or something.
Speaker 2: It used to be a little more of author like you get those one offs, like I think the Yankees Astros for a little while, there was a little hot that was kind of hot there. I think for a couple of years, you know, for numerous reasons.
Speaker 1: So here you go.
Speaker 2: Don Zimmer, one of my favorite humans in uh, you know, in in Major League Baseball, Like it's the then and now when he played for the Brooklyn Dodgers and then they're the end there with the with the Tampa Bay then Devil Rays, I.
Speaker 1: Believe, but all time great. Uh. My home league is actually called the.
Speaker 2: Don Zimmer Memorial Fantasy Baseball League, and we used to call it that before he was dead. And the main logo picture was a picture of Don Zimmer with a word bubble says, I'm not dead yet yet, bastards, And that was like forever. We've had that for like twenty years now. But Don Zimmer, there for Jackie Robinson, there for the Yankee glory days, there for the seventy five Red Sox.
Speaker 1: You know, Carlton fisscom run.
Speaker 2: You can basically chart baseball from nineteen fifty to what about two thousand and you know, five or so two thousand and six Don Zimmer, which is pretty an amazing thing.
Speaker 1: What a career.
Speaker 2: He should be in the Hall of Fame. He's not a life given to baseball. No, Don Zimmer as a coach, as a manager. He was also there for that run. I want to say with the Cubs in the eighties two, you know, the eighty four Cubs, I want to say he was around for that too. He's just he is like that, like the Kevin Bacon. He's just like, this is like one degree of Don Zimmer here.
Speaker 3: They needed room for Harold's Baines, so they had to leave him out Carols.
Speaker 2: Jordan Alvarez absent from the lineup again yesterday. We'll see if he plays in the All Star Game. We'll see if he plays this weekend. Devin Williams beginning his rehab today, so that's great. Jordan Montgomery is still two weeks away from returning, and Cody Bellinger goes on the IL with a broken left middle finger. Now that's a two to four week injury. That's putting things real close to the deadline here for the Cubs. Also makes it really hard to trade Cody Bellinger with a broken finger. Now, theoretically, if I'm a team, I'm still okay trading for Cody Bellinger with a broken finger, Like, that's okay. It's not like a hamstrengthen, it's a finger, it's a bone.
Speaker 1: It'll heal you get back there.
Speaker 2: But Where does this put the Cubs here, because it seems like a precarious situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has the opt out after this season too, doesn't he like those two additional years, But he does have an opt out, So I'm not sure if a team is really gonna like pay up for him because of A the injury. B he hasn't been quite what we expected la you know, this season he's been fine, but after what we saw last year, he's been a bit of a step down. And then you're acquiring him without the certainty that he's going to be there for sure next season. So I'm really not sure where this leaves the Cubs. But it's not a great spot for.
Speaker 4: Them at all.
Speaker 3: I think that they'll probably you have to just hold on to Bellinger and hope they can kind of retool and hope that twenty twenty five looks a little bit better and hopefully say it can be healthy and Nico Harner can turn it around. But yeah, I don't think they're in a great spot right now at all.
Speaker 2: It's tough, I mean, because now you've got to find a way to replace Bellinger. Michael Bush has been hot lately too. The last week all of a sudden which is kind of like talk about forgotten men like in fantasy Baseball. Such a good April and then just hit a wall and just now it's the middle of July and he's hitting again. So very weird situation there. But we'll keep you up to date here with everything going on here with the Cubs and everybody else. Also, you got to keep you up to date. It's been a good week for betting, so let's finish strong. It's Friday's Best Bets of the Day with Joey p and Joe Rico because Welsh is on vacation. Remember go to bet three six five use promo code leading off when you sign up. Please go support our sponsor bet five bucks. Get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you register at bet three sixty five, eighteen or over In Kentucky gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or one eight hundred bets off in Iowa terms. End conditions do apply, all right, Joe, we gotta stay hot here.
Speaker 1: It's a good day yesterday.
Speaker 2: Gonna go to Minnesota on the money line minus one thirty five against San Francisco. Joe Ryan on the mound I want a good statement. Start from Joe Ryan here heading into the break, and then I'm gonna attack the schwellenbach Ah, the Schwelly balls. He is on the mound today for the Braves. San Diego's at home. Give me the money line. I know it's against the Braves. It sounds wacky, but I don't like the swelling Boch. I don't think he's any good and I'm gonna go attack him and plus money plus one twelve and then Aaron Judge against the Orioles.
Speaker 1: Need I say more?
Speaker 2: If you're not betting this week against the Orioles with Aaron Judge, I don't know what you're doing with your life. He murders the Orioles in his career, just just flat out and murders them. I'm going over on the rbio point five at minus one twelve and to hit a home run plus two hundred. You're getting two to one on that bad boy. That tells you what Vegas thinks about his career against the Orioles.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna make money.
Speaker 2: Usually those numbers are like three p fifty and up two to one to hit a home run. It's kind of absurd, but I think Aaron Jodge can do it. Joe Rico, what do you have for the people for Friday's Best Bets of the Day.
Speaker 4: We had a pretty good day on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Even though the Dodgers pulled some Tom foolery with Landon Knack and they used an opener in front of him. He still hit the over and we hit the Paul Skeins over, but the Dodgers' money line did not come through. But two for three on the leading off debut will take it. Today, we're looking at strikeouts, looking at overs for Todz Bradley, Freddy Pralta, and Kyle Harrison. So Todz Bradley over five and a half strikeouts, We're talking about a guy with a thirty percent strikeout rate who has a five and a half strikeout line at plus money. I know Cleveland doesn't strike out a lot, but Bradley is really one of the better strikeout pitchers in all of baseball. It's hard to pass that up at plus money. Freddy Pralta at six and a half, he's getting the Nationals. This one also feels very doable. And also the fact that it is plus money, you know he's a volume guy. If he's able to get to six innings. I think this one is essentially a lock. Six and a half of Peralta is also I don't want to say it's disrespectful because it's probably a fair line, but I think he pretty easily goes over that if we do see him go six, and I think that should happen in a spot here against the Nationals and then go into the West Coast. Kyle Harrison this one was looking at the prop bet cheat sheet over at Betting Pros. Kyle Harrison projected for five and a half strikeouts and he's only said at three and a half here on the line. It's a little bit juiced, it's minus one forty five, but three and a half really does feel doable there and all these of course at bet three six y five use that code leading off a Joe.
Speaker 1: Here you go, baby, I got a goo to a at the end there too.
Speaker 2: From the Canadian again, go download the Betting Pros app. Start betting smarter, not harder. Those are the best bets of the day for Major League Baseball from us. You're a leading off and subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB. I got a good question the chat here I want to bring this up. If you got questions, drop him in here. We'll give you some answers to rest of season. Cold Keith or Michael Bush. I'm going Cold Keith and this one ain't closet. One hundred games for him have been spectacular. What do you make of Cold Keith versus Michael Bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a huge Michael Bush guy. I think the strikeouts are still a problem. Runs a little bit too hot and cold. I think it is Cold Keith. He's top prospect. He's really coming into his own. I doubted him a little bit. I was worried about the ballpark, kind of suppressing some me tour. I was worried about the lineup around him. But he has really surprised me. He's been excellent. I'd easily take him over Bush as well.
Speaker 2: All right, before we get to the home run board for the day, I want to address one of the questions here in the chow or I say statements here in the chat so far because I'm looking at Schwellenbach's stats here because somebody was talking about his secondary stuff. Well that's fine, you can have all the great secondary stuff you want. But in thirty seven innings. I know he's only walking nine guys, but he's got a five VRA. Okay, when you have a five VR and you give it up more hits than any thing's pitched, I don't, Carol good. Your secondary stuff is you're not missing enough bats.
Speaker 1: That's a problem.
Speaker 2: Now, it's good that he's not walking guys, so maybe he's a developmental project. But right now I'm attacking the Schwellen back every time he's on the mat. I'm going with Aaron Judge, no shock there against the Orioles. Yeah, it's easy, Yeah, I want it. I'm gonna go with here anyway. But for you, Joe Rico, as we look at this leaderboard again, I'm hanging on by a thread. Joe Rico, where are you going for your home run call this weekend?
Speaker 3: I went with Nolan Gorman, who has been fairly hot. I guess this coounts for the whole weekend, doesn't it. This isn't just for Friday.
Speaker 2: It can unless you want to go to the Discord Fantasypros dot Com slash chat and you can go ahead and log your daily ones if you want to make home run calls.
Speaker 1: But you can go perpetuity as I like to do as well.
Speaker 3: I think the Gorman is a good play. He's usually one of these guys who runs really hot and really cold. He's got multiple hits in like six of the last nine games. I know he had a little bit of a you know, one for seven in that doubleheader, a little bit cooling off. But he's facing Kyle Hendricks, who's allowing nearly two homers for nine innings this season. He's not been good, and Kyle Hendricks is a seven to fifty three era. He's just been brutal, brutal, and I think Nolan Gorman, with that monstrous power, truly one of the better power he in baseball, should be able to get me at least one. We'll keep that for the weekend. We'll see if he can take advantage of some of the Cubs' pitching.
Speaker 2: Well, if it was a strikeout contest, I think you'd win with Nolan Gorman. I'd pick him every single day. Another question from the Peanuts and Cracker Tacks from Joe Nelson. Joseph wants to know, Hey, Joey P, do you give Reese Hines any chance of sticking onto the Red's roster? I say little what do you make of this one here? Joe as we get I mean, Walls kind of pointed out the other day the profile is not a good one. A lot of swing at miss that. He's definitely got power, We've seen that, but those kind of guys get figured out real quick.
Speaker 1: What do you make of heines?
Speaker 3: I think he's like Jose Siri, like almost exactly like Jose Sirie. Massive strikeout rate, but good power, good stolen base potential. The ballpark is really interesting. If he does stick, he could be a good fantasy asset. But I'm talking about thirty eight percent strikeout rate at Triple A, like we're talking Joey Gallo type of strikeout numbers here. I think it's a pretty tough road for him to maintain fantasy value with that. There's a chance, but he's not somebody that I'm spending a lot of fab on or using time waiver priorities on. I just I don't feel that confident in him sticking. I think for future years we get the strikeout right down, especially in Cincinnati, he could be a serious dude, But for right now, I don't really see it.
Speaker 2: I would agree, all right, everybody, enjoy the weekend of baseball. Enjoy the All Star festivities. We're gonna have coverage next week of the MLB Draft of the Futures Game. Our takeaways from that end are fun special for our Fantasy All Stars of twenty twenty four. Want to thank Joe Rico for filling in for the Welsh on behalf of the Welsh too, because he's out having fun, although he is with his family, so it's less of a vacation and more of a trip. That's the thing, you know, when you have little kids too, it's more of a trip, and then you need a vacation after the trip. So either way, I'm sure Welsh is happy he's out there spending the time. Joe Rico, great job last couple days, and of course Joe's gonna be filling in a lot more here as the summer draws on. That'll do it for us, though, as the story continues on. For Joe Rico, I'm Joey P.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time. Kid is Enjoy the All Star festivities.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB