Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper VV.
Speaker 3: When you're ready, When you're ready, let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday noon Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific six Eastern, and Saturday mornings with Jim Valley at Tenday in Pacific one Eastern. It is a Friday here on the show, and we got a lot to talk about here today going into the weekend. I'm actually leaving for the weekend, but fear not. We have many great talented people They're gonna hold up my end of the bargain this weekend, not the least of which is Garrett Tonight and tomorrow with Big Dave Meltzer Wrestling Observer Radio for subscribers, and yes Sunday night, Vinnie will be running the show with Craig and Lance talking aw Collision. We'll talk about the lineups for both of those shows here today, as well as SmackDown on Friday night. We've got SmackDown lineups, Collision lineups, maybe some stuff from Raw on Monday night, as well as Summer Slam. Two new matches scheduled for Summer Slam. We have got the NXT and Dynamite ratings, and Dynamite did very well Wednesday night number one on cable and NXT did not do as well, but we'll talk about that. Wheeler Da injured. We'll give you an update on him as well as an update on the injury to Big E. And we got a lot of upcoming WWE dates. They're coming to Chicago for Survivor series. We've got all of the actually the next four pay per views. We've got the dates and locations and a number of house show events as well, so we can talk about that today. Death Before Disunor July twenty first, we have a main event. It is not Eddie Kingston fighting Claudio for the world title. We'll tell you who it is. And that's Friday. That means if you'd like to text, it's a good day to do it. Four two, five, seven, eight, zero seven five sixty six is the phone number four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. I am Brian at Wrestling Observer dot com at Brian Elverarez on at Twitter at four w online on threads. Hopefully that one takes over Twitter before too long, because that's sick of Twitter. Anyway. Back in the moment, Observer live.
Speaker 4: Among seven nice comic con and Holvey.
Speaker 5: Taken that sun on my bad.
Speaker 6: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published, make your dreams happen. Call Dorance Publishing right now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three. That's eight hundred and four eight five six zero zero three. Hey airline travelers, Let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation.
Speaker 2: What do you do well.
Speaker 7: SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe, So now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two, five, five, six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five, five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 8: I am a non attorney spokesperson representing a team of lawyers who help people that have been injured or wronged. Have you been diagnosed with cancer? Do you use pesticides in your job? Specifically round Up? Roundup, made by Monsanto contains a chemical called glyphosate which has been linked to cancer. If you've used Roundup and you have cancer, you may be entitled to a cash award. Over ten billion dollars has been set aside to pay users of Roundup who've been diagnosed with cancer. Time is almost running out to file your claim, So if you've been diagnosed with cancer and you've used round Up, call the Legal Help Line now. You could receive a free cash award and have your medical expenses covered. And time to file is almost gone, so please call right now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred five three five six oh seven eight, eight hundred five three five six oh seven eight eight hundred five three five six oh seven eight that's eight hundred five three five sixties seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Back in the show. Bran Elberz here, Wrestling Observer Live. Where's the deep voice?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: I was waiting for that guy. Weddy apparently not here today. Maybe took the day off like I'm taking the weekend. Perhaps he's camping, or perhaps he'll be back in the next break. It is a Wrestling Observer Live here everybody, Bran Elberts and Mike SIMPERBBI and we got lots to talk about here today. EYSR will lineups for the next couple of days. SmackDown is tonight and we have got four segments announced for the show. We have got the Grayson Waller effect with Edge. We have aj Styles versus Carrion Cross. We have both of my children loudly screaming downstairs as we speak. We have Austin Theory defending against Seamus, and we have the Trial of Tribal Chief Roman Reigns as arranged by the USOS, and that's going to do a gigantic number. So I hope oozever's in charge of ratings coming up this weekend. We'll alert everybody to how that's going to do. But it's gonna do big. Probably three million viewers would be my guests. So that's the SmackDown lineup for Friday Night. They're at Madison Square Garden now Mecca they call it of Sports and Entertainment. And then we have aw Collision in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, and the lineup for that show has FTR versus Juice Robinson and j White, Willow Nightingale versus Athena in an owen Hart Tournament Women's semifinal, Ricky Starks against Powerhouse Hobbes in an owen Hart Tournament semifinal, and CM Punk will be facing Samoa Joe And as we get going here, these are semifinal matches, so the finals of the Men's owen Hart Cup, it's going to be the winner of Punk and Joe against the winner of Starks and Hobbes, And uh, I guess we're gonna see which way they go here. But I got I got a lot of ideas if you had to, if you had to put a I don't know, who do you think is winning this mic? Where is this guy? No one can hear you, Mike yep, now now we can, Okay?
Speaker 5: Good? Well, if I had to put real money on it, I would probably say the favorite CM Punk, But but I would actually, if it was up to me, put Powerhouse Hobbs over Huge gigantically and it would I would have CM Punk do that. I would. I think that would be a great thing if you're ready to get Powerhouse Hobbs really amped up and started. If you're not to me, CM Punk would probably be the way to go.
Speaker 1: You see, I have I have two ideas, but they conflict, ah is the problem. Obviously. My first idea, which I've talked about, is that Samo Joe beat Cmpunk via some sort of shenanigan, and that builds up to CM Punk and Samoa Joe in Wembley in front of your seventy five thousand people, and then Punk wins that match to set up his title match against MGF in Chicago the week after That is my That is my number one scenario. And in addition to that, i'd you believe that if they do that, that they should do a thirty minute special on TBS or TNT or whatever you know, and do like a full history of CM Punkinsumojio with all of this footage they have from that Ring of Honor video library. You got it, dude, make a big thing. Make this out to be like one of the biggest matches ever in aw don't just end this feud on Saturday on collision. I beg of you. But here, see the thing is with that scenario, my other scenario does not work because my other scenario was that Powerhouse Hobbes goes to the finals and he has assisted in winning the tournament by don Kallous, and thus Powerhouse Hobbes becomes the Tank of the don Kallis family. But the issue with that is that in order for Hobbes, in order for Hobbs to win, that would require see him Punk to beat Samojo, which I don't think they should do on Saturday, and or it would require Powerhouse Hobbs beating Samoa Joe. And if you're gonna do Somemojo and see him Punk at Wembley, then Samojo should not be losing to Hobbs here in this tournament.
Speaker 5: So I guess he can put them over big time on the way to doing it. Though, Look, you don't lose. I know in your scenario you lose some off the fastball if you go in that direction. But if see Him Punk wins on Saturday, you have one to one, which then leads you into Wembley with the tie breaking scenario, the same thing we're talking about with Osprey and Omega.
Speaker 1: See the other option you have here is that Samoa Joe beats Punk and this sets up the the Wembley match.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you could.
Speaker 1: I guess if you do that, it's hard, dude, because either then Joe either has to win the tournament or Ricky Starks has to beat Joe. And I don't think that Ricky Starks should beating Joe. If Joe is going on to Wembley to face Punk and essentially number one contenders matches, what it would be not necessarily.
Speaker 5: Look, it's how you structure the match. People believe in Ricky Starks. He's a very popular guy. Same thing with Powerhouse Hobbs. Joe would have a little more work to do, where Punk would have a little more work to do with Powerhouse Hobbs. But as long as those guys come out of that match feeling as though they're on the level of those other dudes, then it was actually worth it. And you do have the bigger name coming out of it to win the owen Hard Cup.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 5: You know what else you can do?
Speaker 1: This is this is kind of this kind of structure, it's kind of w W E booking. But here's what here's what else you can.
Speaker 5: Do complete opposite.
Speaker 1: Joe beats Punk, Yes, Ricky Starks hold on half our, Ricky Starks beats Hobbs Samoa Joe, and Ricky Starks in the Finalmjo wins. So not only would would samo Jo have knocked Punk out of the Owen Hard Tournament with you know, Punk and ftr's gimmick being the biggest fans ever of the Hard family, not only would you have knocked him out of the tournament, he wins the tournament and then you know, not immediately because you don't want to be obvious w W E booking. But Ricky Starks eventually gets a shot at Samoa Joe for the UH television title, and he beats him and becomes a Ring of Honor Television champion.
Speaker 5: But why would Ricky Starts be the Ring of Honor television champion. He needs to be just an AW property And I know things are wrong, so.
Speaker 1: To see someone Joe's an AW property. He needs the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, but he is. Look now we're getting into semantics with it. But if you want to keep the roster separate and you want to keep things a little bit special, then Ricky Starks, I'm sorry, shouldn't be on ring of honor. He just shouldn't be first.
Speaker 1: As who says it's Joe versus Punk it all in, I can see all out with Punk getting that win in Chicago. Well, listen, do you watch the show on ho It.
Speaker 5: Could be the deciding match to lead into Chicago too, with Joe and Punk with something on the line.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's what I've been saying the whole time. But my point is all Wembley is clearly I believe going to be MJF and Adam Cole. They're in the middle of the storyline right now, you know what I mean, They've got six weeks they're gonna split, and you do that first. And then so you're telling me that you would prefer that Cim punk faced Somojo in Chicago as opposed to him getting a championship match in Chicago, because one is gonna do way better than the other. Him fighting for the title against MGF, I'm afraid in Chicago is gonna be a bigger match than him and Somo Joe with nothing on the line except he's never beaten him. Surely, Yes, Now SummerSlam is also coming up August fifth, and this will be a record breaking show. It's going to be the biggest gate in the history of we That is not a WrestleMania. It is at Ford Field. And the lineup thus far with new matches added from the observer is Reins and Jay Usso, Cody Rhoades and Brock Lesner. In what is believed to be some sort of stipulation match. We have Trish Stratus and Becky Lynch. We have Oscar Charlotte and Bianca. We have Gunther versus Drew McIntyre, and we have a Ronda Rousey versus Shana Basler. Yes, Mike, yes, you get.
Speaker 5: Such a great joy slash inner turmoil over talking about that three way.
Speaker 1: For the because you know what, so much of this stuff is so well booked, but that three way is just it's ridiculous. Yes, she didn't get her rematch, Okay, I understand that she wants a rematch, but in storyline she was told you are going to get the winner of this match, but don't show up, do not interfere, don't be there. And she showed up anyway, she literally ruined the match, and in storyline, she is now being rewarded by being put into a three way for the title. That's bad booking, is what that is. Okay, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 5: Get there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, don't have her get involved, have oscin Charlotte go to anything where there's not a decisive winner. And then Bianca, you promised me a shot, so I'm getting the three way. That's better than rewarding somebody for breaking the rules. I'm a father here, I mean, come on, this is ridiculous. Clearly a nonfather wrote that storyline. Oh, man, that's what happened there. Well, we got ratings after the break. Dynamite did excellent and NXT well it didn't. But it was the day after fourth of July and things happened. It was a fourth of July. Oh it died, but it actually you know what app after the break?
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Man, I got don't make the twitch chat worse than the old YouTube chat. Everybody, even Daggan here is on my nerves today.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I refuse to watch.
Speaker 1: A Vince McMahon book show in twenty twenty three. Well, you're not gonna because he's not booking the show. Well, he's got a couple of segments he does here and there, he's got input, but Paul is still booking the show. And uh, and that's from the people there, And it's albvious. It's also obviously you actually watch it. If you don't watch it, you can cherry pick things it sounds stupid and then say that the whole show is stupid, but it's actually not. I would say that eighty percent of it is. Uh is good. At XT this week, by the way, at XT was was a good show. And uh, another one here goes there's nothing work person ratings talk. Actually, you know, rating sock isn't bad if you don't listen to idiots, like if you listen to the guys on Twitter, they go nobody cared about eighteen and forty nine, jilaw started. Actually they were talking about eighteen to forty nine and two thousand and three, and it was wwue that was talking about. In two thousand and three, they sent out press releases about the eighteen and forty nine number that was twenty years ago.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, how about forever since advertisers want, you know, rich people with money, especially young, to buy things. Then when they're old, they just kind of change up how they advertise to them. That's how this works.
Speaker 1: Now NXT, Now that I realized it was on the fourth of July, this was a great number, five hundred and eight thousand viewers, which was the los audience total for an episode in USA history.
Speaker 5: But uh bro, they have a cocoon around them. There is no real world thing that gets into the heads of some of these NXT viewers, especially the ones that are over fifty years old. That actually, I have no idea what the demo numbers were. Was that actually where it usually is?
Speaker 1: And XC drawing a point thirteen on the fourth of July is is actually excellent because they had shows were down in the like the point oh eight area at their worst, and a point thirteen is is very good for NXT. That's eighteen forty nine. And uh man, that point thirteen is popular because Collision did a point thirteen and Rampage to the point thirteen and U and this NXT show did a point thirteen, So point thirteen's all around this week, but that's a good number given the day. And Dynamite did very well eight hundred and fifty five thousand viewers and a point twenty nine which is up twenty one percent from a week ago and coming after the fourth of July, they were number one on all of cable, so an excellent showing from aw And for those of you that don't like this, Despicable almost did a very bad word. Yes, that Don Chris Jericho segment was the highest gaining segment on the entire show. Now he'll never shut up about it.
Speaker 5: You know what Point one three also is, it's gonna be your blood alcohol level after a couple of days of screaming kids out camping.
Speaker 1: M Dagan just did a whole big thing here. Maybe I should let him call in. He says, I don't have time to watch WWE, especially with Vince running the show. Didn't Brian just rant about that, getting mad at someone for not watching something. No, Dagan, I'm mad at you not because you're not watching WWE, but because you keep insisting that Vince is running the show and he's not and you're not even watching it to like, I mean, he's not not watch the show and tell me how the quality of the show. I'm watching it every week, and Mike is and all the people that watch it are gonna tell you something and you're insisting it's not true, but you're not watching it. He's not booking the show. There's a segment here or there that clearly has his fingerprints on it, but it is a segment here or there. The majority of the show, the vast majority of the show, is Paul booking the show. And it is miles better, miles better than it was two years ago or even a year ago. So don't argue with me about it. You don't have to watch it, but don't not watch it and then tell me about it. That's the point. I don't sit here and tell Jingle about Stardom. If I watch a show, I'll review it. If I'm not gonna see here and tight about Stardom's last month because I didn't see any of it, that would be crazy.
Speaker 5: Dagan. If you want to say that you don't want to watch a Vince McMahon influence product.
Speaker 1: I'm opening the phone lines for Dagan. If you only Dagan is allowed to call hold on a second, good talk.
Speaker 5: I am if you want to say that you don't want to watch a Vince McMahon led product because he's back with the company where is okay, but day is not booking the company day to day. He tends to screw things up by sticking things in last minute. We've heard about that since the day after russell Mania. But but he is not booking this thing. And there are fingerprints of other people all over this show.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna see if I can do this without even listening with says, because I want people to know all these secret messages.
Speaker 5: You're right, and they will pick up on the tone gimmick too, I believe, So you gotta be careful about that.
Speaker 1: Let's see if I can do this all.
Speaker 5: Right right now. For everybody who is listening terrestrially, i'd like to thank you for listening via podcast right now.
Speaker 1: Brian is uh, oh my gosh, it worked firing up. I can't believe he's here just for only for Dagan. I only want to hear from Dagan and explain himself. I want, yeah, I want Dagan to explain himself. I want him to tell me more about this show. He doesn't watch you got it?
Speaker 5: Dagan.
Speaker 1: And then once you do that, maybe I'll let you talk about something else too, if you want to talk about uh, I don't know, well no, maybe, yeah, look about how about the Juggalos. Well you have to impress because Tom sure like that Juggalo show.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he did.
Speaker 8: He was.
Speaker 1: He's still covered in fago right now. I'm I'm not kidding. He's drenched. I couldn't get it out of him.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, Diagan, let's hear it.
Speaker 4: Brother, you're you're really, you're seriously, yes, you're making me stop making my coffee for five minutes.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta red hot line here, just like in those old cartoons. You got a red hotline straight to the show.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, So so let me just ask you something, Brian, After all this time of you saying that Vince Mickman is back, Vince smick Man is running the show. Vin sick Man is doing all this stuff. You're not suddenly telling me he's not running.
Speaker 1: No, don't don't do this, Dagan. When when WrestleMania occurred. The night after WrestleMania, Vince showed up and he tore the entire script up, and he rewrote everything, and the show was awful. It was a total Vince McMahon show. And the next day, the next day, I factually he's back, which he was, okay, then he went home and all of the shows afterwards, with maybe one exception, I think there's been one or two exceptions where he's actually torn up the whole script beforehand. He's not doing any of that. He's not doing any of that. It's exactly the same as it was before wrestle made. It's exactly the same. There was one SmackDown. There was one smack down two weeks ago where they announced the whole card and then they didn't do any of it. That was Vince. Okay, Now they did end up doing them the week after, but that was a Vince show. But those are two shows. What is it, July seven, So we have made you in three months, there have been two shows that have been Vince shows. The rest have been exactly the same as they were before. So do not cherry pick, Dagan, Do not say, do not take two shows and extrapolated to the last three months. That would be wrong.
Speaker 4: Get them Okay, Okay, so I'm not I'm not cherry picking here, but but let me just put this out there. There is always the chance, now that Vince McMahon is back as CEO of w W or whatever the title is now, that he will even if it's only a couple of shows here and there. I can remember reports like last week that he was at RAW and changing things here and there and tearing up the script. There's going to be a chance. So what I'm saying is there's always going to be a chance that Vince McMahon will come in the day of the show and be like, Okay, this is my show now and change all the booking and tear off all the scripts. Right, could what's happened since he's come back?
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, So with that chance always looming, there's always going to be that threat. I don't personally want to take time out of my day to watch the show because, okay, there's so much other wrestling to watch. That's the fans.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 5: If you.
Speaker 1: If you say I don't want to watch w w E because I run the risk of watching a show that Vince is in charge of, fine, that's absolutely fine. But can you say that I'm not watching the show because Vince is running the show. That is factually incorrect. That's the issue that I have. No, it's not the same thing. He's not running the show.
Speaker 5: Has the ability to which he has, but he's not.
Speaker 1: Doing that, and so he's not doing that, so you cannot say that he is when he's not. That's the point.
Speaker 5: He is running the show.
Speaker 1: He will do I'm sure he will do that again. He might do that the night after WrestleMania. He might have done that at WrestleMania for particular match this year. But the fact of the matter is him changing a thing or two or a show or two occasionally. Is very different from saying he is running the show, because I have watched it when he is running the show and he is not running the show. Now, he has influence over the show. But you know what, Paul Hayman has influence over the show, and there are other people that have influence over the show. So that would be like if if there were you know, there was a show that had the is Paul Hayman influence and I came on the on the air and I said, Paul Hayman's running the show. Well, he's not, just because he influenced a storyline or two, or just because he wrote a show or two does not mean he's running the show. It means he ran a segment on a show or a storyline. That's exactly what Vince is doing right now. What Vince is doing right now is what Paul Hayman is doing right now. They're both doing the exact same thing.
Speaker 5: They have some.
Speaker 1: Influence over this, some influence over that. They all changes for that, but they're not running the show, neither of them. So this is exactly the same thing. Would you like to stick around and talk about something else naked?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 1: All right? Stick around?
Speaker 4: I love you guys too much to hang up.
Speaker 1: Well, stick around back in a moment. Observer Live.
Speaker 9: If you're struggling to keep up with conversation, avoiding restaurants because you can't understand the waiter, if you've got the TV volume way way up, then you really need these. These tiny but powerful little hearing aids are the Nanocic rechargeable, priced at only two hundred and ninety seven dollars for a full pair. And know these are not simply amplifiers. These are ultra high quality, ultra reliable hearing aids priced thousands less than other hearing aids. They fit right in your ear, nothing shows on the back of your ear, and at only two hundred and ninety seven dollars for a full pair. When you order today, Nano will give you a forty five day money back guarantee. Order right now, and Nano will give you a free portable charging case and even ship them to you for free. Here's the number. Call now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred two seven eight one seven three eight, eight hundred two seven eight one seven three eight eight hundred two seven eight one seven three eight. That's eight hundred two seven eight seventeen thirty eight.
Speaker 3: If you're moving to another state, getting a fresh start in a brand new town, and when you choose a moving company to help get your valuable possessions to that new home of yours, you want somebody that's going to take care of your things like you would. That's why you need to call Colonial Van Lines. They're America's number one moving company for a reason, because they'll take care of your things like they would their possessions. They'll use caution so nothing gets damaged, and they won't treat you like a number. They'll treat you like a friend. And when you call now on a qualified move across state lines. They'll give you a two hundred and fifty dollars discount. Move your things the right way. Call Colonial Van Lines now for a free quote.
Speaker 7: Call now to learn more about this special two hundred and fifty dollars long distance move discount. Eight hundred eighty four seven oh two two five, eight hundred eight four seven oh two two five eight hundred eight four seven oh two two five. That's eight hundred eight four seven zero two twenty five.
Speaker 1: Do you have.
Speaker 8: Medicare and do you use it seapap machine. This is a National Healthcare alert regarding your SEAPAP supplies. Using a clean seapap mask and clean supplies is important to staying healthy. The best way to make sure your SEATPAP equipment is clean is to get new supplies. If you have Medicare, we have great news. Medicare will pay for you to have new clean supplies every ninety days. We'll even do all the paperwork for you to make sure that there's little to no out of pocket cost to you and you don't even have to leave your home. We provide free in home delivery. So if you're a SEAPAP user and you have medicare. Staying healthy with new SEATPAP equipment is easy. Just make this free phone call right now to get started.
Speaker 7: Sponsored by Specialty Medical. Eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine. That's eight hundred nine one three ninety seven thirty nine.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back here on the show, I'm dying. I'm dying. I need a big padded wall to just bang, bang, bang bang my head on Letting Go over videos. I noted here that everybody that disagrees with me about this admits that they don't even watch it now, and so I said, you know, then Letting Goes, Well, why don't we watch it? And I said, well, you quit watching because it was probably over a year ago when it sucked, and now everyone is coming into the chat going I quit in twenty nineteen. I quit because of Saudi. I quit because of KOFE rattling off a list of things that were done years ago, not keeping any of the last nine months ten months a chance at all and deciding that it must suck exactly the same. And meanwhile, the people in the chad that are actually watching the show, they'll all tell you the exact same thing. I'm telling you. It is miles and Miles better Like anyway, Dangan talk about something else?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we've had enough of w W talk for the day. You guys want to talk about blood and guts because I'm pretty hype for the show. I'm going to be attending that wive and uh, I'm just curious. So we're all kind of under the impression that Coda of Boushi is most likely going to be the mystery partner for the Elite, right I would be yeah, yes, So I think there are several potential options in play for the BCC's fifth member. And I think you're you're going to talk about Wheeler Yuda's injury and stuff too. It seems like he's gonna be okay, and.
Speaker 1: You have suffered a a U. I think it was like a partially torn hamstring, but uh, it's it was described to me as basically exactly the same as what Moxley had for like six months and he never missed a day. He just taped it up for every show and uh and was out there working. Now. Granted this is this is John Moxley here, but I think the Wheeler can tape it up and get out.
Speaker 4: There, gotcha. So the first name that comes to mind for me for the BCC's mystery partner, and I want to see what you guys think about this, Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho has been in every Bought and Guts match so far, and given what they kind of set up on Dynamite this week, that's kind of the first name that came to mind. But yeah, that's that's kind of all I got for now.
Speaker 1: All Right, Dagan, thanks for the call here on the hotline. You're welcome on the dig in Line. Yeah, we'll see it ends up being. I think they should put that titanium cast that Cody has on Brian's arm and just send him out there. He'll be all right. I mean, isn't that thing indestructible or something like that. That's what they explained to us.
Speaker 5: Brian Danielson running his mouth during the breaks on the shows. For those people who are only listening by audio, if you're not a twitch or a YouTube homie. You don't get to see Brian Danielson at the press conference running down Nigel saying, man, you can't get back into shape to face me. I don't know, Daniel, for as much as you keep getting hurt, you know, maybe Nigel can come back and do some damage to you. But you know, you could do a lot of pre tapes if you wanted to with Daniel, Brian into that I mean with Brian Danielson into that thing as well too, because there are going to be I'm sure plenty of you know, gimmicks a lah Adam Page riding the horse in. Maybe not to that level because we're not in you know, COVID times or anything like that, but I could see some wackiness taking place with some pre tapes.
Speaker 1: Heys, Chicago had enough wrestling because now you're gonna get Survivor Series. It is going to be held to the All State Arena, Rosemont, Illinois, November twenty fifth, smack down to the All State Arena November twenty fourth. And you know what's fascinating about this, They're gonna put tickets on sale for this show on July nineteenth, So they're gonna have tickets on sale for the November Survivor series, probably quite a while before AW puts tickets on sale for their show Labor Day weekend, also in Chicago. So that's that's what it is.
Speaker 5: It's very interesting considering they have gone with this philosophy of not announcing shows and kind of putting shows on sale, you know, relatively close to the date where they're going to hold it, and making that announcement. Here they're doing it way far out. So yeah, that is a very interesting change of pace to how they've been doing things. And I'm sure they're thinking they're being very big brained about it and really are going to pluck from those people going to the AW show, But I tend to doubt that one when it comes to AW in Chicago.
Speaker 1: So we've got ford Field Summer Slam on August fifth, and we have got Payback at the You know, you're old when you see all these arena names here, Like, what is that payback? Is it the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: You're not a hockey fan. Call it the Igloo?
Speaker 1: What did it used to be?
Speaker 5: Is it new? Well, it's it replaced the Civic Arena. That Okay, there you go, old Igloo. But yeah, yeah, I made it a smaller building. So now Dusty Rhoads and like Big Bubba will always hold the record in Pittsburgh unless they run a stadium show there because that was the last time in that building. That was the biggest amount they did. Now they're in a smaller spot. But yeah, I like Baltimore Arena where they ran for Raw this past Monday. I think they call it the I don't know, the CFBG and E or whatever arena. The thing is, it's still the same Baltimore Arena, still the same Baltimore Civic Center that's been there since the sixties. It's gotta be besides the Garden, the only building wwfwwe runs in that's that old. I mean everybody else, every other city has gotten a new building.
Speaker 1: And we've got the fast Lane Show on October seventh at the gained Bridge field House in Indianapolish. Those love these field houses. Mart is it the eighteen hundreds. It's gotta be at the field.
Speaker 5: House, Frank, big basketball town.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: And then we've got Survivor Series in Rosemont, Illinois at the All State Arena.
Speaker 5: Used to be the Horizon now it's the All State Arena.
Speaker 1: Got the Rosemont Horizon.
Speaker 5: I am the Ancient Survivor Series eighty seven, right, I am ancient.
Speaker 1: By the way, that big old ball in Las Vegas turned on the other day.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: It looks like one of those speaking of old you know, a kid and they had that that crystal ball and you put your fingers on it, lightning, That's what it looks like.
Speaker 5: But you go in it.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to that thing. Oh it's got cool, it could be killed.
Speaker 5: Maybe it spins around like that thing at the fair and the boardwalk and stuff like that. You jump in and you kind of ping you to the wall because it's spinning so fast.
Speaker 1: Then we've got twenty seven dates for WWE in September and October. Brian, they're going all over the place.
Speaker 5: Who's gonna run it first, Who's gonna run that bat wrestling in there? If they have or if AW has an event or WWE. I can see it taking place inside the Big Ball.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't understand, and I'm sure there's a reason for it, But like I'm looking at these WWE dates, these places are going I'm like, uh, Kennewick Washington. What are you going to Kennewick for?
Speaker 5: What day is it?
Speaker 1: It's it's like it's a Saturday, I know that, But why go to Kennewick. You don't know what Kennewick is?
Speaker 6: Do you do?
Speaker 1: It's right in the middle of the state, and it's just like there, I mean, what are you doing in Kennewick? Can you run like Seattle Tacoma? Do you know think you gonna sell tickets? Seattle, Tacoma, Everett even they're going at Kennewick, I don't know.
Speaker 5: They go to Salteah as opposed to Norfolk and places like that. I don't know. They've done a lot of shows, although it was mostly you know, coming out of the pandemic. They'd have those Saturday and Sunday Stunner House shows and it would be like, you know, someplace in the middle of Iowa followed by Idaho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's probably like a place in the middle of Iowa where like you know, you can you can draw from a bunch of different different cities.
Speaker 5: That the thing is they had to cancel a bunch of those. And if you look at like the wrestle ticks and all those types of comparison sites. It's like they're structured or they're set up for only like three thousand, but they if they only sell like five hundred tickets and the initial thing, they're gonna go, Okay, we're gonna go ahead and cancel that show. So maybe that's what it is. I don't know. They go to some odd places, they really do. I always wonder how that goes for their sea shows and their house shows. Doesn't make really a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Kennewick is middle. It's literally in the middle of the state, and you have to go for a mountain range, like if you're if you're in the populated portion of washing you go for a mountain range to get to Kennewick. Who wants to do that?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it a partially sold show?
Speaker 1: Is it a in Kennewick? Doubtful?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean why else would you go there unless you have maybe some sort of again, a promotional thing or something like that that may tie in with a TV station or something. I don't know. I mean, yeah, it's again, where are they around that? Are they in cities around that? Like the next day? Are they in a No?
Speaker 1: Then they go to Boise Idaho, which is way the heck out there. That's probably ten hours from Kennewick. Yeah, maybe AD is a big center in Idol, but still I don't know. Dude, I ain't going to Kennewick. Come on, come on, any Kennewickens out there can explain this to me.
Speaker 5: I when's the last time we got to ask our people that are listening, uh in North in South Dakota and North Dakota, in both Dakota's let us know what's going on out there.
Speaker 1: Sky goes.
Speaker 5: I'll have you know.
Speaker 1: Kennewick was voted most Livable Mountain town by Rand McNally in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 5: Now I want somebody from the Dakotas to the debate.
Speaker 1: That I mean, I know that uh you know Don Kels was driving through ball Zac that's out in the middle of nowhere too. You know what I'm saying, probably taking prozak m Ring of Honor death before dishonored. July twenty first, it will be Claudio Cassie only defending the Ring of Honor title against Mark Brisco.
Speaker 5: He's an aw guy too.
Speaker 1: By the way, Mark ain't gonna win this match. What they're holding it off. Whoa, that's what I think. I think that something's going wrong and uh, and Claudio's gonna win and then you gotta do that Claudio Eddie match and then uh, Mark's got to win the title at Final Battle. That's my that's my long term booking.
Speaker 5: This take that as long as Mark ends up with that title, he's.
Speaker 1: Got to end up with the title. It would be it would be that house.
Speaker 5: Then in Salisbury, boy, do I have an idea for TK if he wants Slonbury.
Speaker 1: The only thing that ever came out of Salisbury was a bad steak.
Speaker 5: In some of the greatest wrestling video you've ever seen in your life down on the Farm, which is, uh, that's true, well technically Salisbury, but no, no, but they stomped there too.
Speaker 1: Okay, this for says all Out goes on sale July fourteenth, So do they get the jump on him. Let's see what I what did I have here? July fourteenth. Let's see WWE is putting theirs on sale. It's actually uh, let's see July nineteenth. So there, that's interesting. Now, that's actually really interesting. I would think the w WE would actually put them on sale like the thirteenth or the fifteenth or something like that, So you'd have to pick, like which one you're going to.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing. You know, they may not do damage to the big show, but how many they're in Chicago for what? Three days? For four days? Again, this is one of those things where you may not hurt one show, but you may if people have to then choose because they want to go to the big WWE show too. Those secondary you know, collision and whatever is taking place around aw that may be the issue. You know, with all out, that's going to be the issue.
Speaker 1: Versays, the looming threat of Vincent Creative makes it difficult to invest in WWE because he can't trust anything will resolve. That's fine. I'm not telling anyone to watch. What I'm requesting is if you don't watch, don't tell those of us that do watch that it sucks. Like the exact analogy would be if I sat here and I told you how much stardom sucked if I wasn't watching it, people would be furious you don't watch it. So if you don't want to watch it, that's fine. If you don't want to give them the chance, that's fine. I don't have any problem with that. But my issue is is constantly being told it sucks when I watch the show every single week and it doesn't. That's it, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Crazy annoying to be told over and over again that Zach Saber Junior isn't a legitimate threat because of how he looks.
Speaker 1: I never said watching I never said that.
Speaker 5: And saying this guy, you know.
Speaker 1: Traw Observer Radio, that's what this has become here, you know something about that. Maybe Jack Perry could join Don Kalas's family. I figure, oh Don's sliminess would rub off on Jack and help him become a better heel. He wrote, slimness. His slimness is going to run off on him him. Wrestling fans who love anthropology might love Kenwick. Are you familiar with the Kennewick Man?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: And he's dead. He's not buying a ticket back in a moment. Observer Life.
Speaker 7: Gives me.
Speaker 2: Something that I won't whatever. You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVIVI on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: I got the show. Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike Simper vv, also of Wrestling observer dot com.
Speaker 2: Let's see what we.
Speaker 1: Got here in this text message Ben. By the way, I'm going to the bunk house today. Actually, those e that remember last year, a shoot bunk house, a legitimate shoot bunk house is where I will be staying the night the next two nights. Then we're camping, and then we'll be at Cannon Beach. So I'm gonna be all over the place. But if you want a travelog, you can become a super follower on Twitter a subscriber. I'll send lots of cool picture to this bunk house. Built by hand, no machine build this bunk house, and it's a pretty cool place. So anyway, butter there churnin butter. Yeah, I don't know about that. This person says, I remember eating Salisbury steak as a kid and thinking that this feels like a poor man's steak. In fact, we were kind of poor growing up. Yeah, you don't think I've eaten a Salisbury steak. That's how I know about it. And let me tell you something. If you can go to the frozen packaged food section at the grocery store and uh, and there's there's a food that you can buy there. That's not good. Okay, you don't see like you don't go to that frozen food section and get a frozen meal that includes like a Wagy Ribbi. It doesn't happen. They don't sell them there. They sell salisbury steak pork chops, and I'm saying, yeah, chicken fried steak. You know what that is. That's a burger with like chicken coating around it. I do like chicken fry. I let you know what I like. It's chicken fried chicken, which is just fried chicken. Why do they call it chicken fried chicken?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Do you ever have Maryland fried chicken?
Speaker 1: Well, not from actual Maryland. I've had many types the fried chicken. I don't get into those spices thing like Kentucky fried chicken. Eleven herbs and spices. You know, they took those to a lab. I read a book about it. They took it to a lab because they were going to find out what the secret eleven herbs and spices were. You know they were There was salt and there was pepper, and that was it. No, it's true. Anyway, we're out of here. Talk to you next time wrestling is over live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the Eight Side Network