Speaker 1: I'm sure you love having every guest it's the first time they've seen you in a while ask you about it first thing.
Speaker 2: Every time, I don't mind.
Speaker 3: It's just like I don't I know, because I I'll be honest, you know, like I used.
Speaker 2: To be, like I'm good man, don't Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're doing all right, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: Incredibility every bit as bad as you would imagine losing every physical object that about your like life or child's life, or marriage or your art all of that just be gone.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know I'm still here.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are.
Speaker 2: Hey, at least I look on the bright side. Yeah, look on the b Yeah. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Is like every I get it, Like every there's every time I have this conversation, there's always some need for the person I'm talking to to be like, well, it's just like so great that like at least you guys are all safe, you know, and.
Speaker 1: And you're like shut the fuck off.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I think, good, I'm glad you're not. That's actually how I like to like kind of introduct myself into any conversation. Hey, I just want to let you know I'm glad you're not dead and.
Speaker 3: You should be as well. I was just talking about thank you. That's been my say as a mav span. I didn't like the Luca trade. Well, at least you're not dead.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, seventy five, Episode two of Daily Thy Guys production of My Heart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dib into america shared consciousness.
Speaker 5: And it is Tuesday, Super Bowl Tuesday, February eleventh.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday to my dad twenty twenty five. Okay, okay, Jim big Man birthday, Happy birthday job again.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also not only is it the illustrious birthday of one of our founding fathers, it's also National Inventor's Day, National Peppermint Paddy Day, National shut in Visitation Day. Won't you check in on the shut please?
Speaker 2: We need to like. It's also yeah, the people whose job it used to be to do that don't get paid anymore.
Speaker 3: That yeah, meals on wheels no more. Also a National Don't Cry over Spilled Milk Day. That feels like something the Republicans are really like. Hey, you know it's ironic. It's also National Don't Cry over Spilled Milk.
Speaker 2: Day, so what if we're trying to kneecap at the FDA and CDC and National Make a Friend Day, say don't cry over spilled milk is just a just a thing to tell you not to cry over something that already happened. It's like a real, real abuse or logic. Yeah yeah, yeah, but that should already happen. So why are you crying over it? You just did it and it still hurts. There's no changing what is done. Maybe that is the better version, like Yoda, mind set yourself into like being accepting abuse and terrible treatment.
Speaker 3: Yeah right right, yeah, anyway, that that that actually that that flying actually comes from the seventeenth century, which is no weeping for shed milk. That's how old we've been fucking ourselves over with that with that quote.
Speaker 2: Sure it meant something useful at some point, like but no, right now, I feel like people just use it to be like, don't don't worry about it, don't grab spilled milk, miles, I know your house burnt down, don't crab or spilled milk. That's the equivalent of spill milk. Was it spilt? Is it spilled milk? No? The yeah, just the thing that happened anyways. My name is Jack O'Brien aka their Uggun to the Dome to wap away the pain. They're ruggung hard. Reset your samp the mos black Hole sun aka courtesy of hand Sandwich on the Discord For some reason, because I guess I'm a sick fuck. I always imagine a sandwich with a goddamn hand in. It might just be you know, hand like you know you hold finger foods. Yeah, right, right right, But I Amelia Badilia because my brain is weird. I guess I'm a little twisted. I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles Gras. Yeah, look it's Miles Gray. He's back.
Speaker 3: He's back, and also he continues to be the Lord of Lancersham and the showgun with no Gun with a brand new perspective on life. Back from Mars as the now physical form of Doctor Manhattan.
Speaker 2: Here I am back once again. Still no pants, still no pants, but still got the hydrogen atom betwixt my eyes. M you gotta stop looking at it with both eyes. It is Yeah.
Speaker 3: Has there ever been someone whose eyes who crossed their eyes and it's stuck? That's just a lie. That's just a lie you tell kids.
Speaker 2: I believe that is one of the most common things to happen, based on my understanding of human anatomy from kindergarten. That shit happens all the time. People will accidentally get hit on the back and they're stuck, not going away. My six year old likes to cross his eyes for comedic effect, and I don't know. I guess I just need to like look it up to figure out if it if it is actually dangerous, because a part of me is like, oh no, that's going to stay that way. Your ocular independence. Yes, his eyes are too free, they're too independent. I don't like it. Miles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a t d Z Hall of Fame or one of the very faces on the Mounta site. A brilliant stand up comedian you know from MTV, Comedy Central, NBC, True TV, all the all the TV places. You've heard her on, Bob's Burgers. Her Our Special Life from The Big Dog is absolutely hilarious. I must watch It's flair socking.
Speaker 1: What zi gang o?
Speaker 2: God, I can see that energy, right.
Speaker 1: They're so good to be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The ship catching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh that was so good. While it was really hard for me to stay silent during the eye crossing conversation because I love to cross my eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also for comedic effect.
Speaker 1: Only I do it on I do it on stage all the time. I love it, dude. But it is odd that children have a proclivity for it because it is wildly uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I remember when I had to train. I remember not knowing how to cross my eyes and my dad was like, take your finger and just faollow it fall. And Dad taught you how to and this is saw you.
Speaker 1: A lot of important stuff, like he taught you about rain. Yeah, and I was like, where's you that. I've never heard a man know about rain? And he told you about it?
Speaker 3: Oh talking about terror rock Yeah yeah, yeah, you know incredible.
Speaker 2: We are evolved human beings.
Speaker 3: The great the Gray family, Yes, absolutely also taught me when again I always talked about this. When I first saw like an unhoused person and could like articulate what was.
Speaker 2: Going on, I'm like, what, what, what's wrong? My dad said Ronald Reagan? So the this is Reagan from that mind, it was just a podcast host.
Speaker 1: He is able to really just steal things down so simply, I guess.
Speaker 2: That I have. Yeah, I have taken on in my own way. So the Gray Men sequel to Netflix is.
Speaker 1: The Man And Happy Birthday to Jim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big Jim, jungle gym my friends I used to He didn't like it because he'd crawl all over and I'll call me that jungle arms out. Let's swing on him in high school, hule Jim, and because we crawled all over him.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh that's sweet, Claire.
Speaker 3: Last time you were here, you were preparing for a procedure. You were saying you had to get a procedure. You're you had operation, and you're fine. I can hear your voice. Everyone can tell you of you are on the other side of it. You are doing well, You're thriving.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you for remembering. Yeah, you know what's funny. I had a little bit of like vulnerability hangover after that podcast. But I was so like fired up and upset about it. I was like, I really revealed a lot that day. But yeah, I did have the surgery. It was this the lead up was scarier than the actual thing. I went through the whole recovery and we're all good.
Speaker 2: Beautiful love that. Yeah, we love to hear. Yeah, thanks, we love good news on this show. Yeah we do. We need every single last drop that we can. Absolutely. Yeah. Well, we're thrilled to have you here, Blair. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things that we're talking about later on, we're going to talk about just what's been going on with the Trump administration in the last few days and how the Democrats are responding. We're going to talk about it being that there's a new type of movie that I don't think existed when I was growing up, where it's like a movie that exists but does not get released, just gets hidden forever. And so we're going to talk about that because there's two new ones, one of which sounds really good, and I'm really upset that we're not going to get to see it. All of that plenty more. But first, Blair, we do like to ask, Sorry I didn't mean to sound so danger First, Blair, I do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I thought it was my very last thing that I.
Speaker 2: Searched, and that yeah, that's great too.
Speaker 1: A restaurant called Curry Pinch that I saw when it was driving.
Speaker 2: By Nice and that's you saw something.
Speaker 1: And it looks like because it hasn't. I just saw the sign, but they were like redoing the restaurant to put it in, so it's not in yet. And I said, hmm, that just buy me. What's that all about. It turns out it's some new Sri Lankan cuisine and I'll be sure to hit it up.
Speaker 2: That is a level of follow through, a level of uh, you know, clarity of mind that I never would not have from seeing a seeing something to like getting back home and googling it, unless were you googling while driving? Oh are you? Siri?
Speaker 1: Totally used Siria the.
Speaker 2: Hands free I always do that. I always do that with bumper stickers. Oh I don't understand. Yeah, yeah, Einstein really say this ship? Nope, Yeah, of the Einstein bumper sticks.
Speaker 3: When I saw one that said that's some dude in a Cadillac, only said I'm non bidenary, Like.
Speaker 2: What could they possibly mean? Yeah, google this.
Speaker 1: I just had a crazy reaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look it happens.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big pun guy. That's just who I am.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, with you, they're so funny.
Speaker 1: I know my dad, Well, it's like my dad is obsessed with puns and it's it really makes me laugh when he does it. But it just doesn't feel authentic to me.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh oh that's not your those aren't your comedic stylings.
Speaker 3: Sure, when you've been like, have you ever you know, dated someone who's really into puns and you do, you just go.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, I can't say that I have.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you know, like a visceral reaction to someone getting.
Speaker 1: Their I don't find I don't anticipate that happening for me, but we'll.
Speaker 2: See, no cause I know some people who like get incensed from my hearing puns, like oh my god, okay, fine, great other.
Speaker 1: Pun I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. I listen to children's podcasts with my kids sometimes in the car, and they.
Speaker 3: Are sometimes just heavy, right I said sometimes, you said, sometimes with my kids in the car, and like sometimes just me.
Speaker 2: Sometimes just me. They actually, you know, you learn some interesting stuff that they're they're read teaching kids about science, and I'm like, didn't learn it the first time, So that's yeah. But yeah, every time they make a pun, I feel a little tired, like a little more tired in my soul, just like tired and in a way that I will never recover from, you know, right, just like I've lost I've lost some life force from having Endura another one of these puns.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know they were children's podcast. So yeah, a lot today already.
Speaker 2: Brands to brains on shout out to what's the other one? Uh? Wild interest, Miss Rael. I don't know if this Rachel has a podcast, you should reach out to miss Rachel, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. What is something Blair you think is underrated? Oh?
Speaker 1: Koreans skin skincare obsess love it, a whole new world, endless possibilities. I find out about something new on TikTok every day brings me incredible joy. Also, Uh, Traders, I love the show The Traders.
Speaker 2: And I'm hearing a lot about Traders these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Severance, but I think a lot of people have the show.
Speaker 2: Jack. Not what you're hearing on Fox now. I'm hearing a lot about what the Democrats and the Biden family were getting up to and got.
Speaker 3: Up to and that Alan Cumming bastard also right now.
Speaker 1: But I'm so into Severance, like I'm in I'm listening to podcasts about it, like I'm in deep.
Speaker 2: There you go the behind the making of one with like Adam Scott or like fan theory ones.
Speaker 1: No, I tried that one, but then I found a better one that like does such an in depth recap, but and then they have a second one that week that like goes through all the theories. It's really good. Oh it's called a we Know Severance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we Know sever mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love when it's always funny, Like I love when a show gets you. You get so into it you're like, now I have to listen to all the podcasts about it. That's how it was a Chernobyl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Patricia right, wasn't that? Oh No, that wasn't No, she wasn't escape to Dona Bia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't tell.
Speaker 1: And also I started getting.
Speaker 2: Into chat because of reference. You started getting into chat GBT from we Know Severans No.
Speaker 1: Just from Severance because like I miss so much even just because there's such intense metaphor on that show that I that I end up asking chat GBT like a million questions just to try and clarify in my mind, and then how do.
Speaker 2: They do do they? Like, so, give me an example of a question you've asked chat GPT about severance? What time is severance on? And it totally sucked it up before.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's caught up or anything. I don't want to make any spoiler spoiler, accidental spoiler warning, not intentional for.
Speaker 3: What this season, So so people know, okay, I've just you've been warned, you've been warned, E've been warned.
Speaker 2: Spoiler potentially.
Speaker 1: But like I, before we knew that uh Helly was actually Helena, I was like like three or four episodes ago, was like asking chatchabt like could this potentially be happening? Like and then you know, go back and forth, and I never had any desire to use chatchybat but it worked quite well.
Speaker 2: Wow, they were and they were just so you're just like bouncing fan theories and they're like, yeah, I mean, damn, that's interesting, Okay, it could be. It's pretty I never never looked at it that way. That's actually pretty sick. Does talk like that?
Speaker 1: It actually it's like, wow, that's a really smart observation you have really a lot of emotional depth to you. It says ship like that. I'm like, thanks, bitch, you know.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Yeah, your smoked too, that's all. That's all. I just want to say, Jack, they'll kill you. I'm working on my relationship with chat GPT or little Crazy right now.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are using it for therapy. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: That is what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Sam as Gary and Tom Sandebal on Traders. Tom Sandibal like, you know, he has a place because he's sort of like and I hate to use this term, but he's like lovable, fun to hate or I wish I had another word. I don't hate him, yeah, as a person. And then Sam as Gary makes me really mad that he's even on the show. I'm so upset he hasn't spoken once in seven episodes, like and he's just making one hundred grand for being Britney's X. It just makes me mad he's on there, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: So Sam a Scar is Britney's ex husband and Tom Sandobal is from vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 1: And famously Yeah cheated with Raquel after nine years in his common law wife's home that.
Speaker 2: He shared with her kind of like did it for the content? Is my sense that he was just like I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's I think he's too dumb to think about that. But yeah, he got caught. We let me feel that. But it is so weird seeing him on Traders because like he seriously has no idea what's going on or what the hell he's doing.
Speaker 2: Is just so confused that he's like still around. He's not like immediately bounced, no sp.
Speaker 1: Because everyone's like he's definitely not a Trader.
Speaker 2: Traders is like there's multiple games. There's multiple games, like it's not just a single like the way I've heard it described is like the way that like Survivor you can kind of like scheme for and everybody learns to play the game and everybody kind of plays it the same way. Like Traders is like a little bit more like constantly evolving, and it's it's like there's molds, right, or there's Traders within the house, and it's like you're trying to figure.
Speaker 1: It figure Mafia. It's like, yeah, it's like Mafia. It's really good that I love it, And Alan Cumming is hilarious, such a good.
Speaker 2: Host, yeah, one of our best character actors, well, not Hours, but Earth's you know, American human species. Yeah, I didn't want to speak for Scotland Miles. Are you watching Traders? No, No, it's they're talking about a lot on last Culturistas, and Anna Josnia has been really being like just is mad at me every time she brings it up, and I haven't, like, I'm like, I still haven't like.
Speaker 3: House burned down in a wildfire. It's the perfect defense. She's like, wow, if you watch that now, no fire, She's like, oh right, right, right, right, Jack.
Speaker 2: And when you say no, she's like, you fucking idiot.
Speaker 1: It is so good though, I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean everyone I know watches it. Uh, it's just like we're just in this era where there's just too many things to watch that. Uh you know, I her messy and I watched Speed last night to just be like, yeah watch yeah Pallet Cleanser exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you guys are like married and have children and stuff like, I don't have any responsibility.
Speaker 2: So people your parents who also with Traders, it's not an excuse. I have no excuse. I have no excuse. Laziness, that's my excuse.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure I like it because I love seeing sort of social engineering type things like this where it's really about how like sort of cunning people are too that I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And it's just like these wild personalities from all different shows and just everyone is, you know, these wild reality TV personalities and seeing them in this environment when you know them from another environment is a thing. It's exciting.
Speaker 2: I like that, it's smart like that. That was the thing that Real World road Rules Challenge like did. They would like they found a like NBA that like the cast members of Real World and road Rules were like feeding into you know, like the professional League that people could then like watch watch them, and like this just does that with all of reality TV, right, It's just like every everyone is talent that they can come for. It's all that you have to have been on a reality show to do it. Like you couldn't be the most of a daily comedic news podcast or something.
Speaker 1: No, you probably could. I think you if you have to be notoriety, I don't think you have to have been on reality TV. Although most of the people are.
Speaker 2: Gotta start a beef with somebody or something. Yeah, I'm gonna ask him, like Lacy. Can you put me on Scam Goddess, the TV show. I'll do a scam. I'll do a scam because I'm just trying to get on the traders.
Speaker 1: Oh, I miss Lacey too. These are fun people you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Thriving. Lacey's for people who don't live in La Lacey Mosley all over the city right now, because season one of Scam Goddess is a form. Check it out, check it out, go watch. All right, Blair, we're gonna take a quick break. We're gonna come back. We're going to talk about the news and we'll be right back. And we're back. We are, and the fire hose continues unabated of Trump bullshit. M Where are we at these days? Miles?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean to take a deep inhale so I can say it all in one bra Well.
Speaker 3: He just announced plans to shut her the Office of Environmental Justice and External Civil Rights of the Environmental Production Agency. He's placed on nearly one hundred and seventy employees on administrative leave. Musk's fuck boy army is nosing around at FEMA currently. Trump just killed any new projects to build fast EV chargers because that is an Elon Musk competitor.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were like, but isn't that Elon like, no, no, no, these are different from the teeslo ones. This is his competition.
Speaker 3: He's also floated plans to fire a yet to be disclosed number of employees at the FDA and CDC triple down on the idea or his plan to quote buy Gaza.
Speaker 2: It's just it's NonStop.
Speaker 3: Then there's like the kid who was in his little doge fuck boy army who was doing Nazi stuff and then resigned.
Speaker 2: He's back already. Oh because I think super broccoli haircut like whatever, one of the fucking yeah yeah, yeah, the fucks over there, I think. But really just too so I have do those boy trading cards, so oh yeah, I'm still trying to get my hands on. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It wasn't Brocco or big balls, it was it was a little little little Nazi, little Nazi. Yeah, we go Nazi, I think is what he was going by a big rico nasty fan. But yeah, he like came back and Elon Musk was like, it's time to forgive and move on, which is basically I have a feeling that's obviously very intentional because they don't want to have the perception that outside forces can affect the business of Doge or whatever happening in the government. So they're like, I don't care if ninety eight percent of people don't like the Nazi stuff. You're coming back here because we need to show that we are impenetrable and impenetrable and you know, whatever, whatever we want to do, we will.
Speaker 2: Get that line. It's time to forgive and move on was the line he gave about, like, because he's like supporting this even for like even more far right party in Germany. That was like a speech he gave was like that it's time to forgive and move on about the Nazis. So when he's saying it's time to forgive and move on, he's not saying that about like being this is a young kid who's made some mistakes. He's saying, you guys are too mad about Nazis. It's time to forgive Nazis and move on, or we're good with the Nazis now, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know, while all of this is happening, the Democrats continue to demonstrate how out of their depth they are. I referenced this earlier, like Chuck Schumer was leading chance last week that were so vague, I have no idea what Like I'm not sure he even knows what's actually happening. I just want to play this because this was like again, this is the when they were all outside the Treasury Department and Chuck Chuck Schumer just basically saying we will win.
Speaker 2: We I'm just gonna play.
Speaker 3: It because this was meant to be a rallying cry to be like, all right, there is an opposition party, but this is what we got.
Speaker 2: Gotta stand with you in this fight.
Speaker 4: And way will when Way well, when Way well, when Way well?
Speaker 2: Whoa boy?
Speaker 3: Way?
Speaker 2: Well, wait, we will win. We will rest. Oh we won't rest either. Okay, so those unwell, like he sounds so old yeah, oh yeah, Like he sounds like an old guy. There's a certain age you hit where you always sound like you just woke up from a nap and like yeah, yeah, yeah, he's at that age.
Speaker 3: Like you know how it's like specific when you're younger and like I feel like in college, like my a parent would call me like as I was clearly partying the night before and they're like, what's wrong, Like you get that like way too early phone call voice. It's like permanent, not a certain names.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker was like forty five minutes into a speech and he's like, oh.
Speaker 1: Shit, I have such secondhand like like oh this my old grandpa is out there, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, And also seeing like a nearly eighty year old representative Al Green who was off to the side next to Maxine Waters like lift his barely muster the strength to like lift this pain along. I'm like, oh God, y'all, this is why we need term limits. Like these people are way too entrenched in the old ways that they're they're I always use this metaph for just this, and this is what happened with the Vikings when people didn't protect like there were so much gold in like monasteries and churches, and people were like, the fear of God will prevent people from robbing this place. And then you get a bunch of people who don't believe in that. They're like, was it a bunch of golden there? Yeah, I'm taking that.
Speaker 2: They're like, but the fear of God, They're like, who give me this shit? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: We're like, this is not you cannot fight an enemy who has they are like, not even on the same ideological playing field.
Speaker 2: You're not even close at this point.
Speaker 3: And then this week Chuck Schummer said that right now, their biggest weapon, the many Democrats have been saying this is going to be to withhold withhold votes that would cause the government to shut down.
Speaker 2: That would be in March.
Speaker 3: So they need a continuing resolution to keep the government fundly part fund partially funded until they can you know, approve a new budget partial.
Speaker 2: It's kind of fun, fundally partial.
Speaker 3: Check out my new podcast for People in Disarray in America Fundally partialed with Gral's May. But, like, you know, the biggest thing for Republicans right now is that they want to make the Trump tax cuts permanent, and the way that they're going to offset that is to make huge cuts to like Medicaid right or Medicare and go after those kinds of programs because they're like, oh, that's a huge chunk of money we can just do away with to show people when they're trying to quote balance the budget, they're like, well, we can offset all of the money we lose from having millionaires not pay taxes by not paying for these other welfare programs that are wildly popular, so I think, you know, being able to Hey, they need to tie people or have more people sort of connect to what is going on there. But that's a huge, sort of huge prize for the conservatives right now is to try and make those tax cuts happen but at the expense of things like medicaid and stuff like that. So that's like one legislative avenue for pushback that could work, because already there's they don't have the numbers, like the Republicans already split. There's like the Magot people who are like, dude, do whatever Trump wants and that's that's fine by me. I don't even know how any of this works. I'm just a racist guy who got enough votes and I used to play baseball. And then there are other conservatives who are like total budget hawks, who are like, we're not gonna do a fucking thing until you like reel this shit in.
Speaker 2: So that's one avenue for leverage.
Speaker 3: The other they say are that they have a four point plan that is based around legislative oversight, litigation, communication, and mobilization. Now those sound nice, but at the moment, we're already in a constitutional crisis where everyone's saying, like Trump doesn't actually need to listen to the courts. Okay, so then what is what is legislative oversight going to do? What is litigation going to do? Because we're already seeing attempts to completely sort of be like, no, no, I'm not gonna be burdened by things like a legal decision, communication and mobilization. Maybe like definitely, like the sense of outrage needs to be I think developed.
Speaker 2: A little bit more.
Speaker 3: But again, this is just all so much is happening, and there's just not real agreement on how they're going to pursue this because it just feels like I think most people agree when they look at the Democrats, like this is not enough. And that's why I'm like, it's so infuriated enough. The same people who seemingly were so clear eyed on what a second Trump administration would look like act like they have no idea.
Speaker 2: They knew about the dangers that seemed during the know.
Speaker 3: How to say, we knew how to say the words dangerous, right, but in terms of actually contending with that with TBD.
Speaker 2: They Yeah, I feel like they only know how to speak in a like way that's so full of technocratic like jargon that you can't really understand it, and it's just like hidden behind complexity or they have thing they they're like, oh, you want us to simplify it, we will win, you know, like just like so simple and basic and vague to be meaningless like those they feel like, well, we tried to dumb it down and like address the people, and it's like, no, you're not like speaking in a way that it seems remotely authentic because they can't. They aren't able to. That's why they, like, I feel like a lot of the programs that are getting cut, they're like, well, fine, that's fine with U. Like our corporate overlords, like they're not mad.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think that the thing that would actually, I think, motivate more people is that you're actually presenting again, this is what this is all we were crying out for doing election. Present a vision of the future that makes sense to people. But they cannot because they are there to like with like, you know, support the status quo. Because at this point we're seeing all the norms go out the window and people are like, what the fuck then what is this?
Speaker 2: Like what who? What is the direction?
Speaker 3: And they're like, ah, but the old way, no, no, and that's just that again, a bridge too far. That's why I think again it's so important to have younger voices come out to deal with this, because those are the ones that have like the literal energy to sort of connect to people's sense of outrage. And I'm like, you know, like you remember how like those Korean parliament members were fucking hoping the fences and shit trying to get back into the building during a coupe, Like we got our grandparents up there saying shit like well, I won't give you any more werthers from my rocket book if you don't stand aside at once, like we're just this opposite the as currently constructed. They are not really able to be the opposition party that is needed, but that it's really just about I mean, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like they can. They may be able to turn a corner. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not counting on it. But that's which is also kind of also very frustrating, is to be like, well, I'm not counting on them. So I think that's where you're starting to see more like state legislators try to do what they can to at least from a legislative place, try and safeguard things but there needs to be more like of a vocal they're they're we're just lacking voice. Is that are going to rally people, because that's a huge thing. If there aren't enough people to demonstrate their outrage, that's.
Speaker 2: A huge thing.
Speaker 3: Trump cares about, like is if there's nothing, he'll at least have a reaction to. It doesn't necessarily mean it's like then that's all we have to do, but he is very much thinks about like how he's being perceived and right now without much you know, aside from like protests happening here and there, there's just I don't know, we were not able to coalesce around like a cccinct set of ideas on how to resist.
Speaker 2: All of this. By the way, we should mention that I got I think I might have gotten taken in by some Trump propaganda because when they showed him during the national anthem during the super Bowl and there was like a big cheer, like apparently that was piped in, like that wasn't actually crowded.
Speaker 3: With international viewers were like they booed like on those broadcasts, and then they were also like there were videos from inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah of him getting booed like badly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, interesting, Jack, you just wanted to believe in America. I believe in America. I want to believe that we're all on the same page. Again. No, I was like very troubled when I saw people just like, wait, we're not supposed to cheer for the president ever, but like this one at this time, they didn't mean I will say the Chuck Schumer clip that we will wing clip. It's interesting because they've got like a couple young people in the background that I feel like the way that Trump uses people of color in the background of his speeches, like they just they're just like collecting to young friends, like we want you to look energetic and young, spry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, call for anyone under twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Can you lift? Can you lift a sign above your head? Fantastic? Fantastic? Yeah. I mean the fact that Representative Algreen is shaking a fucking like literally shaking a cane. Yeah, And that's no knock on him or whatever.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, like, you know what I mean, it's just like the overall optics knowing what the establishment Party stands for and what they've allowed and where we're at now, it's just all like it's just so much.
Speaker 2: It's it's so so so much, it's so growth.
Speaker 1: Like anytime I have to see even just anything about that man, it makes me feel sick. And then when you see people encounter them in the world being excited about him, it's just sick me. I mean, I guess that's how they feel about us the other years, you know, but it.
Speaker 2: Man, I wasn't excited to see Joe Biden. Like that's pathetic. That's like I want to do somebody who listens to those podcasts like I want to hear a report back. Are they still like those like comedy in quotes podcasts that are like right wing or like right leaning and like I think it's edgy. Are they still like yo, Trump is so tight? Like how is that comedy to be like Trump is cool?
Speaker 3: I mean like President his show flagrant, like the listeners like what the fuck is this anymore? Like this is just a right wing circle jerk now or like or like maybe one or two people will say something contrary and then it just gets moved right past.
Speaker 2: I mean it's do you see Trump the super Bowl last night? It was pretty tight? So sick.
Speaker 1: I don't listen to comedy podcasts like Freaky seventh.
Speaker 2: Ones there, Yeah, Protecting and Jack and Miles that's right, and Faky you guys about because it's too freaky partialed bitch is too bad, Our bitch is too bad on that one that we can't you guys would want to kill us. Trump did announce more tariffs on his way to the super Bowl. It would seem twenty five percent tariffs on all steel and aluminum imports, including from Canada Mexico. Again, nobody really knows why he's doing, like it doesn't make economic sense and so but the one thing, the one cause it does seem to be having tariffs are a blunt instrument at getting like things like getting a specific effect out of the market. And the one thing that seems to keep happening is gold keeps jumping and the Trump family, as we talked about, as our writer JM pointed out in a recent episode, their family recently invested in like a gold company and they're they're all in on gold, which also is in fitting with everything we know about Donald Trump and his aesthetic and like with his hair, he's starting to look like gold Member from Austin Powers. Yeah, weird way I feel like his hair and his face are one day going to all be the same color.
Speaker 1: They are They already are like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well you know we got to toe the line. We can't. We don't. We don't want to. We don't want to be in his crosshairs, now do we? Oh? I know?
Speaker 1: I was yeah, we'll we ban, it will disappear in the night. But I'm sure you guys have been this has been brought to your attention. But all those videos on TikTok about Republican women's makeup, no, yeah, they're pardying it, and like then they keep getting mad and then they're doing like yeah, I have been enjoying it.
Speaker 2: I'll be Was this while I was gone? Was this while I was on my sabbatical?
Speaker 1: This girl, I feel this girl named Susanne I feel like is leading the charge where she's just she's like, democrats are too nice. We need to fight fire with fire, and she's like just ruthlessly mean and and look, I don't I don't like meats stuff. But she's like, well you're She's like, you're creating laws and that are really affecting, you know, the people I love. And so I feel like I'm justified to say, and she doesn't.
Speaker 2: Make one of your makeup choices leth the most.
Speaker 1: Lethal reads about people's makeup and hair, and yeah, this.
Speaker 2: Is a great recommendation. Were talked about Mega Face more with regards to like Matt Gates and like face like kind of it felt like everybody was kind of trending in the same direction to have Villaer's VOTs really highly botoxed faces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they need to find some more natural injectors in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they should be using They should be using ablative labor labor treatments.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be quite honest, but they wouldn't know about that.
Speaker 1: Maybe some PRF easy gel could be a more natural result.
Speaker 2: I've been saying that. I'm glad you agree. Jack. Your face has healed remarkably after that. Al my Elasian. I know, I'm Blazian. My, that's what I call you, my bla. What's up?
Speaker 3: Oh ship?
Speaker 2: They're like, bro, who was that? I'm like, I don't know him. I don't know him. I don't know him.
Speaker 1: You guys are really in sync, incredible, Yeah, play off each other. So well, what do you coach?
Speaker 2: You co host? Long time what have you been doing this show for? Have you said more words to each other than your own children? So fu up?
Speaker 3: Potentially if I did a word counter, what's easy. Only have my kids only got two years on the clock, you know what I mean. Yeah, for sure I've said more to you that I have my my own kids. So it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some bullshit that is not politics.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back, and we're back and right right, guys, big, So these shelved movies we've talked about.
Speaker 2: Like Acme Versus Coyote or whatever. That one is the Will Forte movie that was completed, and then Zaslov from HBO Max was just like, yeah, we're gonna we're gonna kill this and nobody's ever gonna get to see it. It was that and batgirl right, We're like, yeah, let's just take the tax loss on that one. I'm a big mcgruber head, so I was, uh said that that's the Acme one is the one that really sticks with me. But so there's now two more movies that are going away, not because of David Zaslov fortune. But first I just wanted to ask, like was this something that ever happened before? Like this is new right, like that there were like albums that were completed and like withheld for a long time, and like book there's like all sorts of legendary books that like got lost. Well, like I think like Hemingway's like first manuscript got lost or something like that. But like movies, I feel like if they could complete a movie and put it out in theaters, they were going to like find a way to do it. Like Bruce Lee died halfway through making his last movie and they just like put somebody in like a wig and like shot him from behind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bizarre because it's like it's something about their taxes, because you'd think if you put the capital into completing a movie that's already sunk in costs, that you would be put it out to get your ROI. But there's something, there's something happening where the tax exemption is bigger. So that's the motivation for not releasing. It's been happening now for like four to five years, and it's really sad for the industry and a lot of people.
Speaker 2: And it's like when I hear that like that well it's tax implications. Like part of me is like, don't say anything. They're like, it's just too smart, it's too complicated, you don't understand it. Just shut up. But like part of me is I feel like we should just be like, well, that's a dumb system. Then, like if the incentive is such like, then that's too complicated, and it like is making the people who have the power to make big decisions do stupid stuff like that, that's bad. So even whether it does make financial sense or not, like, then that means the system is fucking stupid. Yeah, would be my contentions.
Speaker 3: I'm just reading a list of movies that work completed, not release. There's some There's a movie called All Star Weekend with Jamie Fox and Jeremy Piven. Oh, the hair Plug All Stars. Wow, hair Plug All Star Weekend with Jamie Fox and Jeremy p I loved him, but apparently it like was shelved. It was supposed to come out with it during the twenty eighteen All Star Game about these two guys who win tickets to the All Star Game NBA All Star Game. Yeah, and they were like the post didn't like begin until twenty nineteen, and then In twenty twenty two, Quote Fox confirmed the film was shelved. While promoting the twenty twenty two film Day Shift expressed the difficulties of getting the movie released in the present day comedy landscape. So I'm guessing so this was supposed to release in twenty eighteen. This something happened in twenty twenty, in which case they said, yeah, you know what, maybe we don't put this out.
Speaker 2: Apparently Robert Downey Junior.
Speaker 3: Was in it, and he plays a Mexican man also, and some people were like, maybe that's what it is, but there was never a reason.
Speaker 2: Yes, again, let's blame the comedy climate and not their terrible decision for casting Robert Downey Junior once again in Brown or Blackfaith. There's a picture from this set. He looks like Mickey Rourke more than anything in this picture right here. Oh Jesus Christ, that's Robert really problematic.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she does look like Mickey Rourick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does many of you guys ever say that I look like Mickey Rourick in a picture? You don't understand the desastation that that's a legal read for you. No, that was one you can't come back from that. To back my bags and leave town. If you ever say I look like Mickey.
Speaker 2: Rourick, you're giving piss Hound for twenty too much power whatever its free due for.
Speaker 1: He's my best friend.
Speaker 2: No, I was talking about Pisshound for twenty different different guys different. That's Jacks reply guy, which is secretly all right. So two new movies that will not be ever coming out one I can kind of see it, all right. So the first one is for Rel's autobiographical musical about his childhood, the Lego One, not the Lego one Miles because and this is news to me, the Lego One came out last year, came out, that shit dropped on all of our ass and it did not do baffo bio. It did offo boh. It was not did not do very well. Three million, three mil at It was its first week out, and it had a campaign like it it was playing as a trailer before a lot of big movies.
Speaker 3: I mean as a concept. It was I was like, who is this war? And why do indeed, why does anyone? I mean, I love I'm a huge Pharrell Williams fan, like from his time in the Neptunes and stuff, But I'm like Yeah, I don't. I don't need to see a lego depiction of his life.
Speaker 1: I would have watched it and I probably will now that I know it exists.
Speaker 2: It existed out there. Yeah, should have seen it in theaters because now we're not getting a second Pharrell autobiography, thanks a lot, Blair.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I do love a Lego movie like I am a fan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the Batman Lego movie is a blessed so good. So this one is not a Lego movie, although it's directed by Michelle Gondry of The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and like the the thing I knew him for most before Eternal Migue music video Come into My World.
Speaker 3: That made Miles cry for recently want to Know, can't get you out of my head cry was the White Stripes video where they are made of legos.
Speaker 2: So was it fell in Love with a girl? What is it? Yeah? I think it was fell in love with a girl. But it's so again like Farrell was just like I'm gonna it. Really feels like Farrell was in in talks trying to decide between two biopics. One was a movie, one was with the guy who made the Lego music video, and he was like, fuck it, We're gonna do both of these. We're just gonna keep going with both of them, to the point that we had like a Armageddon deep impact situation of Pharrell autobiographies coming out, and they've decided to shelve the second one because nobody saw the first one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I mean, I'm surprised it was them, you know, because like again, the other examples are like the studios, We're like, bro, we cannot put the shit out, you know what I mean? And I like how Michelle Gondry and Farrell are like no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. So in this case, they were like, we went into the edit bay, we realized that there was no way to make a good movie out of what we had here, and we've decided to not do this. So this is wild. They had Janelle Monet, Holly Berry, Yes, fucking Brian Tyree, Henry, Missy Elliott, Quinta Brunson, Booky Young White. Yeah, okay, the fucking Twitter lord, Like, I mean, this.
Speaker 3: Is such a such an l for a filmmaker to make a fucking movie to completion, take it into post, and then say quote during the editing process, they collectively decided there wasn't a path forward to tell the version of this story that.
Speaker 2: We originally envisioned. That's what a script is for, just as that's the thing. Like, so there's this bias within Hollywood that it's like writers are kind of like the tertiary. You know, you have the directors, you have the actors, and like producers oversee everything, but like and then the writer is just like down below, you know, just a hired hand, hired gun. You go back and like read the scripts for like great movies and it's like, yo, this is all there, Like every everything that was great about this is on the page. And you go back and read a script for a shitting movie and you'll a lot of times like it's better than what and ended up coming out on screen, Like but yeah, that that is they might have wanted to figure this out at the scripting stage, all right. So that's one I probably wasn't going to see. You think I have to see. The Legos one, by the way, did not get like terrible reviews. It's like in the sixties on Metacritic, so I'm sure incredible. Yeah, movies are good.
Speaker 3: I think everybody was checking for that one too specific like very specific. Kids are like Batman, yay, They're like what about Farrell Williams.
Speaker 2: They're like.
Speaker 3: The guy who's saying the despicable despicable me, no, no, nosable, stop it, don't let me finish. The old man who has a fan, who has fantastic skin, who barely ages that guy, what do you mean barely ages?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe that's morely important to me. Yeah, maybe we don't need to see this. Yeah, it's It's usually a bad sign when you're doing a pitch of a children's movie to and you keep having to scream can I finish? Let me finish? All right? This one. I'm bummed out about this next one, though. Netflix just canceled a nine hour documentary about Prince directed by Ezra Edelman, who won the Oscar for the OJ maide in America movie. Did you guys watch OJ maide in America? Yea, that shit was so good?
Speaker 1: Was that that one a while ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I did watch that one. I didn't watch the new one.
Speaker 2: So this was He's been working on it for the past five years. This is what he like followed up the OJ one with was This Prince documentary is nine hours it was going to be a complete banger. And then and he was like granted access to Prince's entire archive known as the Vault, and had permission from his estate. And then the estate changed administration and Netflix, the Netflix exact who green let the movie left the company, and now they're killing the project. So this dude just made a documentary that The New York Times like a journalist got to see it and was like, this is a cursed masterpiece. Wow. And yeah, I mean the stuff we're going to learn some stuff about Prince which anybody who's been paying attention probably had a sense that it was there. But allegations of physical assault from his ex girlfriend, descriptions of his addiction to painkillers, and criticisms of certain lyrics as anti semitic. But that now they're going to take another pass at it with with the approval of Prince of the State, And could you imagine how sanitized it becomes? Like and he was a prince, that was it. They called him Prince Prince and everyone lived happily ever after.
Speaker 1: That one was because someone on Prince's side like found a way to get it killed to protect his legacy or oh yeah, okay, yeah, because I was going to say with the last five, with the state of our industry, the film entertainment industry, I've experienced this several times where there's so many layoffs at the executive that you're developing something with for like a year or two, all of a sudden poof, they're gone in the projects immediately dead right right exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean that was a huge thing when HBO Max, like that whole Discovery thing. So many people had shit potentially about to be piloted, have things greenlit. Then all those executives like, hey, man, do you know anywhere at that's.
Speaker 1: High Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I was about to ask you if you I know else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like the mergers and the whole like like streamers and companies, not even the existing any I mean, it's just been crazy.
Speaker 3: It's La feels like and I think this is a this is a very specific to La Vibe thing, but I think people just outside of La should probably understand, like this city feels like it's dying. I don't know if people are aware. It feels like like like you know, when factory jobs were like there's the work is gone. There are so many people having like CRISI is about there, Like I'm an editor, but there's nothing to edit edit, yeah, and I can't go anywhere. I'm a writer, there's nothing to write or like that whole industry is being so it's like in such a state of chaos right now. Yeah, it's like there's just a huge dimension of the city that's like lost at the moment that it's very fucking eerie.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, it's yelling.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are leaving the business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know people that are like I used to do this, I'm going to be a warrior now, yeah, maybe, or.
Speaker 1: People I've been in the business for a really long time and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's yeah anyway, changes I'm a birthday party clown like the Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters too children's birthday parties.
Speaker 1: I already am a professional clown.
Speaker 2: So that's it, And that's impressive. Ahead of the game, Blair, Ahead of the game, Blairsaki, what a pleasure having you back on the daily Zeitegeist. Where can people find you? Follow you, see you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, time of my life. I love the daily side, guys. It's my privilege, my honor to be to return every time, to come back home If you don't follow me, please do please come say hello at Blairsaki B L A I R S O C C. I please watch my special on YouTube Live from the Big Dog. If you have not, I need more views. I am not keeping up with those Republican men comedians. And I'll be at the Breya Improv on March fifth.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, Brea Improv. Go check it out and go. The special is so funny everybody, and you are off social media. Off some social media.
Speaker 1: I'm known everything except for Twitter. I delia I have that's in has.
Speaker 2: I gave it to God, give it up to God, and I already loved it. Actually he was very appreciative or she.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you for that. It was so nice.
Speaker 2: D I lived, Oh Blair, is there work a media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Mmmm, well, you know. I'll just say in general like I'm obsessed with TikTok. I love TikTok. It's so wholesome. I learned so much on air. But I did write something down that's not a piece of media, that's an app I guess oh. I wrote at King sator Uh and the post was the gender and neutral term for sugar daddy is glucose Guardian.
Speaker 2: There it is, Miles. People find you as their work media. You've been enjoying at everywhere with the AT symbol Miles of gray. One tweet is just.
Speaker 3: So funny at Space Underscore Buns tweeted back in my day, there was so much toilet paper and so much eggs that we gathered at night and threw them at the houses of our enemies.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 3: It goes wild true, and then another one at Matt Binder tweeted just like a collection of people's tweets respond like just responding to Kendrick's halftime Super bowls or super Bowl halftime show tweeted way funnier than the conservatives who hated Kendrick Lamar's Super Bowl halftime show are the conservatives who thought he was doing the ultimate patriotic ode to America.
Speaker 2: And they're like, we went from kneelingering the national anthem to a halftime show showcasing USA flag colors. We're so back. I'm like, did you not catch when they were doing the this with their hands and it looked like the KKK in the flag? Okay?
Speaker 3: Anyway, frame by frame of folks, some things were lost. But again there's another said, finally a non woke satanic halftime show. Kendrick Lamar is showing off the American flag. I love this and that that's the genius of that halftime show. You know, It's like, here's your subversion, right and with the most eyes watching, He's such.
Speaker 1: A gen He's incredible. Kendrick so great.
Speaker 2: Let's see some tweets. I've been enjoying Ethan at Ethan Mead Forever tweeted greedy bread Pitt what else is in the box? Hb at H three x E N Brenner too tweeted coach sponging down boxer in the middle of the World Heavyweight title fight? Why is that guy hitting you? And then oh and then the gamer's fist at Sabatan Fans sixty nine tweeted what the fuck was Elton john on about? When he goes if I was a sculptor?
Speaker 3: But then again yeah, no, no, yeah, but fucking that lyric Yeah, but then again no, that one's goes hmmm.
Speaker 2: Just like thinks of something funny in the middle of it. Uh. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Brian. You can find me on Blue Sky at Jack ob One. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist, where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zekeist dot com where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, which is what we call the footnotes. You can find the footnotes in the description of the episode wherever you're listening to this as well. Yeah, but yeah, that's where we link off to the information we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that you think the people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do think there's a song. This is from the group Pearl and the Oysters. I heard them on KRW recently and this track a different track, but I was listening to their album. This was called side Quest, very like on like like they're they're like they're a modern group, but they're kind of doing like this future disco, future pop kind of thing.
Speaker 2: It's like a fun listen and they're great. So check out side Quest by Pearl and the Oysters. All right, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily es Eykes is the production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio, w ap Apple Podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to y'all then. Bye bye,