Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: How did your journey end up to where you are now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it kind of happened by accident. Like literally, I was in college and I that was the first time I realized I did not have good credit. I tried to get a car. They wanted me to finance it at like twenty eight percent. I took it because I didn't even I didn't even hear yeah, because I didn't grow up learning about credit or knowing about credit. It wasn't a thing. So by the time I realized I had bad credit, it was too late. I was already made contracts. So when I, you know, went to renew my car, they told me, you know, hey, you can't. You you're gonna take negative equity into your new loan. You need to fix your credit. And I just went home and I just started researching it. So as I began to like fix my own credit, repair it and like build, I started like telling my family and friends about it, like things to do, things that were working for me. And it started with me starting a Facebook group with like ten people just for my family and friends, and that ended up that group now has over like six hundred thousand people. But it's started just in that group, me thinking I'm sharing credit information with family and friends. And I ended up going to school for changing my major, switching my major, studying it, getting certified, getting board certified, and it kind of just happened like that, I started trying to fix my own and then I just like became obsessed and fell in love with.
Speaker 5: Credit twenty eight percent Were you aware that's your credit? I mean, obviously it was a surprise to you.
Speaker 3: But what were the.
Speaker 5: Things that you were doing looking back that were negatively affecting your credit.
Speaker 4: I think my biggest thing was I wasn't I hadn't built credit at that point, like it was it was. I was always taught no credit cards, cash by everything. If you if you don't have the money for it, you can't afford it. Now I know that, of course it's not true. But living that way, you know, caused me to not have credit. And then the credit that I did have, I had like a few collections, just low level like T mobile phone bills and stuff like that. But yeah, so I had no credit in it. On top of that, I had a few bad accounts, gotcha. Yeah?
Speaker 3: So okay, so when did you start teaching credit?
Speaker 4: So it started, like I said, with just teaching sharing information, I would say, with my family and friends. I didn't start officially teaching it until I got certified. So I was certified through Fiightoh and then I went to get board certified as a credit educator, and so that was when I was like comfortable with sharing information. I'm just the type that I don't like to teach or educate about anything that I don't feel like I'm an expert in, especially online because you know, people people crazy. So yeah, I definitely after I realized like I had a passion for it. I knew that this was something that the people that looked like me in my community. I knew that this this was something that they was missing, and I knew that I could explain it in a way that they can they would understand, which is what was like the driving force around me getting the formal education and then like translating it to my audience and people.
Speaker 3: That look certification, Yes, what is that?
Speaker 4: Oh they need the program back. But it was a program where you would go through it was eight weeks and you would literally just learn the ins and outs of the FICO score, like everything, how every single point is allocated, how how your credit we had to break down a credit report. I'm able to like look at a credit report and immediately identify any areas of opportunity like they teach the FYCAL course taught you in a way that credit is not being taught anymore. It was just like diving in detail about how every single item affects your score, things that will lend points to your score, and it just kind of took the mask off, I would say, of just credit score.
Speaker 5: When we talk about fycle, a lot of people what's your fycle score?
Speaker 2: What's your credit score? Yes?
Speaker 5: How does this work? Because we know that this bureau's Experience, Equifax, TransUnion, and then this fycle are the scores from those three bureaus average and now becomes your fighters How does that work?
Speaker 4: So the easiest way to explain it is we have three separate credit scores. They're assigned by TransUnion, Echo, FAXX and Experience. So those are three scores that you'll you'll you're assigned now when it to FIGHTO score in credit score, FCO score is the industry standard, So like if you're purchasing a home, if you're buying a car, applying for a credit card, they're going off your fight Go score. The difference is most people are only privy of their Vantage Score, which is essentially just like a free version of FYCO score, and that is like when you have credit karma. Most credit monitors are your apps earners.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the re seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launch something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of.
Speaker 4: Homeland Security, will give you your advantage score as opposed to your fight a score, which is why a lot of times people will think that they know what their credit score is and they'll go apply for something and they're like, well, credit carder was telling me I had a six fifty, but the car lot is telling me I have a five forty. So there are three different credit scores and within to not make a complex, FICHO has many different models, so depending on what you're applying for, the lender will choose a different model that they'll pull.
Speaker 5: I think I've seen that. So it was like, if I needed a loan, it was like Fyco score eight. Well, yeah, if I needed a credit card, it was different. Bureaus inside of it, and they could be similar, or they could be vastly different.
Speaker 4: They could be vastly different.
Speaker 5: They're differently true.
Speaker 4: So the ones that I like to talk about because I think that everyone should be aware of these different ones. Fyco eight is the one that's used the most, so especially when you're applying for credit cards, some car and personal loans, they're going to use Pyco eight. When you're purchasing a home, they're specifically going to use Fichos two, four, and five, which are known as the mortgage scores. If you're purchasing a car, they're going to use your your FYCO five, I mean your Fyco six, which is your auto score. So there's those are like the three most used versions or widely used versions of your Fyco score. But the way that I teach credit you, when you fix your credit profile, it'll translate across all scores, which is why I don't necessarily like place too much emphasis on the different versions of your Fyco score, because if you have a healthy profile, it'll translate regardless of which score is pulled.
Speaker 3: You be healthy. Yeah, So what factors contribute to your personal credit score?
Speaker 4: So credit score is your credit score is broken down into five categories. Right, so most people know your payment history is thirty five percent, or credit utilization is thirty percent, credit age is fifteen percent, and then hard inquiries and credit mix are both ten percent. Right, So those are the five factors that lend to your credit scores. Now they're weighted differently. So payment history is thirty or is thirty five percent or worth up to one hundred and ninety two point five points. Credit utilization is worth one hundred and sixty five points, credit age is worth eighty two point five points, and then hard increase and credit mix are both worth fifty five points each. Right, So those are the separate factors. And when you're building your credit, if you focus on those top three categories, which is credit utilization, payment history, and credit age, you'll have at least like a six eighty, six, ninety, and sometimes even a seven hundred depending.
Speaker 3: On So can you go through each one of those top three like, yeah, credit utilization explain, I definitely can't.
Speaker 4: So pay me history is the largest factor in your credit score. So in Layman's term, to pay your bills on time if you cannot make a pay schedule and arrangement with the with your bank because the second that your bank reports a lay payment, which is a payment that's thirty days pass to do date, you will have a lay payment. Because your payment history is the largest factor. One lay payment can literally drop your score up to one hundred points depending and so then credit utilization, which is one that's slept on and honestly, it's the one to me that has the most immediate impact on your score. So what I mean by that is your credit utilization is pertaining to credit cards. So how much you're using your credit card, how much, how much balance, how much of a balance you carry over to the next month, is going to determine your utilization. Keeping that below ten percent is going to do wonders for any profile. And then credit age is something that when you're in the beginning of building your credit, you're not really going to have any control over that. As you open to account, close new accounts. If you are repairing your credit and you're getting things deleted, that also affects your credit age because it is an average. So after you after you get your your basic base level credit profile, and we can go into that, don't apply for anything for six to six to nine months, and that'll that'll AI to improving your credit age, because that's the most take that a lot of people make when they're building credit. The probably the number one mistake, which is what applying too fast, trying to build credit too fast, trying to thinking that anything that they apply for and get approved for it's a great thing for their credit profile.
Speaker 1: And illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,