Speaker 1: Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newhart and today we're joined by Randall, Brody, Corey, Logan, Tresa and Max. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing and for the stat of the week. This week we're looking at the overtime drought that we're currently in. We haven't had a game go to overtime since December fourth, meaning we're on an eleven week overtime drought. This breaks our previous record of ten straight weeks without overtime.
Speaker 1: That's serious stuff.
Speaker 2: It's been a while. The last time we actually went to overtime, the question was how many tea spoons are in one point two five cups? What was the answer, Brody? Do you still know? It was sixty? But you got a dead nuts That day we had an eleven hundred dollars donation because we went to overtime with Randall and Brody having perfect games, and then you got the overtime question. Exactly how did.
Speaker 3: You like calculate that?
Speaker 4: I think it comes out to is it three per I don't remember.
Speaker 5: There's three teaspoons at a tablespoon, and I don't remember how many I forget.
Speaker 2: Your kid sure likes measuring stuff at home in the kitchen. So you said they gave you a big advantage and it did.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he just made me a nice loaf of banana pecan bread last night's great.
Speaker 2: Oh so, eleven straight weeks with no overtime. All right, here's our Infrequently Asked question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the mediater dot com with the subject line I F a Q. John Schlessinger says, what kind of PhD does doctor Randall have? And more importantly, where can we read his dissertation? He'll tell you.
Speaker 6: I find it hard to believe that that's an infrequently asked question.
Speaker 7: Is well, PhD? You mean professional hunting degree?
Speaker 1: That would be nice? That would be nice. Steve has another acronym that he likes to do.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Pretty huge?
Speaker 2: Okay, Philip Blank, No, I have a PhD.
Speaker 6: In history from the University of Montana. I earned that in twenty fifteen. And if you'd like to read the dissertation, you'll need to contact the University of Montana Library because it's not publicly available.
Speaker 2: I have we could publish it on our website.
Speaker 6: I have vague aspirations at some point of reworking it into something that would be for popular consumption.
Speaker 7: Actually see Randall and right after it's probably right after you got your PhD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on Stars in the Sky. Oh no, that was that was prior to your pe. No, that was like a year or two afterwards. But I did do a meet Eater.
Speaker 6: Podcast, like episode twelve or something right after, probably a month.
Speaker 2: After I found that Fresh Doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the first, very first mediater episodes.
Speaker 2: But what what was your dissertation.
Speaker 6: About hunting in American politics and culture in the twentieth century?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he talked about it last night in the Life Tour.
Speaker 7: You should do an adndom to that for the twenty first century.
Speaker 2: There you get it's changed. Oh a lot, a lot. That's above a doctor, A double doctor.
Speaker 1: No, you do, a good doctor. I mean great.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's anything better than a PhD Spencer. But yeah, I mean advanced advanced degrees in the humanities, just a ticket to a lucrative and fulfilling life.
Speaker 3: Brodie, you're disrupting the camera shot right now.
Speaker 1: That's my camera.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're covering Randall perfect.
Speaker 2: That is an if you from our trivia question go John Schlessinger, him and Leland Hart send me more questions than probably every other listener.
Speaker 3: Court he tunes in every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Radio, Thank you John, Thank you Leland.
Speaker 1: All right, love you guys.
Speaker 2: We have some housekeeping. The long waited Meat Eater Tournament is on the horizon. We expect to have the three episode tournament out between the end of February and the beginning of March, where we'll crown a twenty twenty four Meat Eater Trivia champion. So coming soon.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's exciting.
Speaker 2: It's like it's it's weird that it's you know, obviously happening in March. The year after it will act like it's like you know, the NBA Finals during COVID where they had to like.
Speaker 6: Rush it back a few It would be fun to go into a bubble, not the trivia bubble with the Gang Disney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good bass fishing. Yeah, so that that is coming soon, all right. The Shelby Index fort today is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. If that we're onto the game eight Trivia play the drop film. I need to know what I stay and win everything.
Speaker 1: Just tend to win.
Speaker 7: Everything before we start, Spencer, I stay for that tournament for like football games they do like the Little Player profiles.
Speaker 8: Dudes come out and answer like, yeah, some of those give some b roll of you guys looking all smart.
Speaker 2: I can pull that off, all right. Question one the topic is ecology, and this will be multiple choice. Which state is is not included in the Corn Belt? According to the us DA, is it Nebraska, Ohio, Minnesota, or South Dakota. Three of those states are part of the Corn Belt. One is not? Is it Nebraska, Ohio, Minnesota, or South Dakota. Max wasn't supposed to play trivia today, and when he found out that he was, he says, well, then you ought to throw me a bone. And I had this question written before Max was going to show up. But he's lived in Minnesota, he's lived in South Dakota. Question one is is that firmly a bone?
Speaker 9: I haven't lived in Minnesota, North Dkota, South Dakota, Montana.
Speaker 2: I assumed you spent some time in your Grandma Moth place is in right on the Red River. Yeah, I knew that.
Speaker 1: That's from the game you Wan Trivia.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: I wonder if this is a bone for anybody from Ohio.
Speaker 9: Yeah, is there anyone from Ohio?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Logan, Yes, we'll never know which. It is included in the Corn Belt according to the USDA, Nebraska, Ohio, Minnesota, or South Dakota. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 7: Are we? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Max? Max was quick to answer. You feel good about your answer? Max? About you ready?
Speaker 6: Let me? I actually don't feel great about my time.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: Three of these states are part of what the USDA defines as the Corn Belt. One of them is not Nebraska, Ohio, Minnesota, South Dakota. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tresa saying Nebraska, Cordy says Ohio, Randall says Ohio, Logan says Minnesota, Max says Ohio. Brody crossed out Minnesota and wrote down South Dakota. So we have every answer I think representative in here today. We got one correct answer. The correct answer is South Dakota only Brody, Yeah, I got that one.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys caught this, but but Max made a funny little joke and asked to see Brodie's answer, which is normally what Brody does to Max.
Speaker 3: And then after after.
Speaker 5: Brody showed Max's answers that I don't know what face Max made, But Brodi, you changed your answer after.
Speaker 9: But I didn't think he was gonna write down South Dakota.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and six, the USDA declared the corn Belt to be a six state region consisting of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Ohio. Encyclopedia Britannica disagree slightly, saying Ohio isn't in the corn Belt, but Kansas is neither place include South Dakota in the corn Belt, though.
Speaker 1: I was thinking of the Encyclopedia Britannica.
Speaker 2: You knew that death corn Belt, Well isn't the states?
Speaker 10: Like what are we what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's where South Dakota is.
Speaker 3: Nice, South Dakota right here.
Speaker 1: Ohio is way.
Speaker 2: Way over there here. Uh huh. It's it's like a contiguous region the corn Belt that they defined, and then I was like, I was also surprised about their definition. So I looked at like what states produced the most corn, and Minnesota actually produces twice as much corn as South Dakota. So South Dakota not part of the corn belt.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 9: If I was putting money on that, I would not put money on South Dakota.
Speaker 2: Question two.
Speaker 7: That's why you got the question wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, South Dakota has the corn palace.
Speaker 1: I know, yea counterintuitive.
Speaker 2: That's like in the middle of the corn belt of South Dakota, though, you start getting west of there and you lose all that darn corn you do. It's east River west river. But still question two, the topic is fishing. This next great question is via Jacob Arnolds. Merriam Webster defines this seven letter word as quote, a water passage where the tide meets a river current. Randall and Brody already have their answers. Merriam Webster defines this seven letter word as a water passage where the tide meets a river current. This is question too.
Speaker 7: If there's another seven lew word, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Gonna think about it. Brody hougand up choosing South Dakota for not being part of the corn.
Speaker 7: Honestly, man, it's all based on driving across the country.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like that's like I don't remember of corn and.
Speaker 7: Sound like the corn.
Speaker 2: Merriam Webster defines this seven letter word as a water passage where the tide meets a river current.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember grow I remember seeing a lot of corn growing up in Ohio, obviously, like I can visualize that, But I just never thought of being included in the corn belt. Perhaps I underappreciated our contribution to the the nation.
Speaker 2: I'd say Ohio has some of the best corn because they also have a lot of timber. And it's like, I think I've said this before about Ohio, but they've got this the right amount of rolling hills to take a pretty nice topography for hunting white tail deer. Merriam Webster defines this seven letter word as a water passage where the tide meets a river current. Anyone besides Brody and Randall confident?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't say I was confident.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you have an answer that's seven letters. He's just playing, you know, our other players a similar question to this. Well, I do a lot of things where I say.
Speaker 3: It was two rivers.
Speaker 5: It was where two rivers meet, and it was a creek letter that was delta.
Speaker 2: That was from Age of Broni episode recently, that's salt water. Brody got a good chuckle from why was he.
Speaker 9: Done with my?
Speaker 2: Did everyone else?
Speaker 4: The different ways to go about this, there's like thinking of the right word or starting with seven letters and being like.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, Fling like okay, well, I'm just making sure my answer has seven letters.
Speaker 2: Maxwell, do you give up?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tress saying whirlpooled. Corey says estuary, Randall says estuary. Logan says causeway. Max without an answer, Brody says estuary. The correct answer is estuary. Estuaries are some of the most productive environments on Earth based on how much organic matter they produce. They also are enormous economic drivers through recreation and shipping. Some notable estuaries are Chesapeake Bay, San Francisco Bay, and the Hudson Bay. Question three the topic is natural history. This dog breed, which is named after a monk, was bred to rescue avalanche victims in the Swiss Alps. This dog breed, which is named after a monk, was bred to rescue avalanche victims in the Swiss Alps. Rody and Randall already have their whiteboards down with an answer that they seem to like. Corey has now joined them. Corey, do you have this one right? Corey came up with the estuary on our last question. He didn't seem to like his answer very much. That was the same answer I had in that.
Speaker 1: Greek Try try again, No, I was.
Speaker 2: Very nervous though. Shoot twice.
Speaker 7: Strong answer, Max, wrong answer.
Speaker 2: Strong, strong answer. Brody likes Max's answer.
Speaker 1: Question three, wrote.
Speaker 2: Again. The topic is natural history. This dog breed, which is named after a monk, was bred to rescue avalanche victims in the Swiss Alps. Mm hmm, Logan, do you have an answer I'm trying to think of about Tressa? Do you have an answer same? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tressa's saying husky. Oh. Corey says Bernie's mountain dog. Randall says Saint Bernard. Logan says buddha Hey. Max and Brody say Saint Bernard. They got it. The correct answer is the Saint Bernard. It's believed that Saint Bernard's are the descendants of Roman war dogs. The breed was shaped by monks in the Swiss Alps to go on search and rescue missions and guard property. It was common for the dogs to work in teams of two. Once they found a victim, one dog would stay with the person to provide them with warmth, and the other dog would go get help. One Saint Bernard Barry saved forty human lives between the years eighteen hundred and eighteen twelve.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna go. I thought you'd have a little flavored text on the loll the barrel. That wasn't true.
Speaker 2: I saw something that said that wasn't the case. They weren't carrying around little barrels of whisks so fun. I'm sure some Saint Bernard have at some point. But that wasn't Uh, that wasn't like their thing.
Speaker 3: You the big Dogs brand of shirts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: Artifacts.
Speaker 3: Those those are everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's a Big Dogs world.
Speaker 2: Big Dog fired some of those randoms.
Speaker 6: No, but there was a big Dog outlet. Uh, oh, yeah, there's a big Dog outlet there. There was one in Spokane, there.
Speaker 3: Was one in Morgan that I would.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had I had a buddy who just had all these big dog shirts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those were those were cool and then incredibly uncool. And I bet like gen Z and what's below is a jen Elpha, I bet they would love big dogs stuff right now that that'd.
Speaker 1: Be didn't know I was going to think about big dog.
Speaker 2: I didn't question for the topic is conservation. It's next great question is via Kale Carlin. What Lake is Isle Royal National Park located in? What Lake is Isle Royal National Park located in randal Berry quick to answer, been there, you have spent some time on this lake. Okay, there's a hint getting there. No, Randall's travels. What Lake is Ile Royal National Park located in We've got Corey searching the room looking for a piece of art or map. Help him. Are you finding anything?
Speaker 7: Nebraska map always throws me off.
Speaker 2: Oh, you could have seen that they're part of the corn belt if you looked at that closely. I imagine they got a big there's a John Deere logo on there. You have to and then you'd know that, hey, that that's say, it's part of the corn Belt. What Lake is Isle Royal National Park located in Brody? How do you feel about your aw.
Speaker 7: Man I think I'm in danger of a slip up here.
Speaker 1: That's exciting.
Speaker 9: Is everybody ready you know what I was thinking about my family my family feud episode. Does that count as a trivia one?
Speaker 2: Sure? Max, Sweet, I got to do that. Actually, well, you each have to divide it by how many people were on your team or so you have one one in a quarter wins the most. Maybe someone for your team would donate their other like quarter to you. Maybe does everyone have an answer question Max, you were thinking about and your answers we have and Corey saying Michigan. Randall says Superior. Logan says Michigan. Max says Eerie Brody crossed out here on and wrote down Superior. The correct answer is like Superior. Located about twenty miles off the shore of Minnesota, Ile Royale is one of the least visited national parks in America. The only way to get there is via play boat or ferry. I already have a ferry reservation for this June, when I'll plan to visit the park for the first time.
Speaker 1: Lovely, when did you guys would have got that one when I was in high school?
Speaker 2: Did you take the ferry there?
Speaker 6: We came from the Minnesota side on a boat. It was a very rough It was one of the roughest boat rides I've been on.
Speaker 2: Oh, just like a civilian boats where you guys took a ferry.
Speaker 6: No, it's well, I wouldn't call it a ferry.
Speaker 7: A tour boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was kind of a tour boat.
Speaker 6: It was probably it had like an interior cabin with seating for forty people maybe yep. And then we backpacked from the east side of the island to the west side of the island.
Speaker 2: What what's your review of it?
Speaker 6: Oh, super cool, solid of moose. I wish I had fished. I didn't bring I didn't bring fishing equipment. The problem with that trip was that I had a one man tent and my brother had a one man tent. My parents had a two man tent, and my brother forgot his tent poles, so.
Speaker 3: He's bunking with you.
Speaker 1: So we had a three three men tent sure combined for four people. So huh. Yeah, one of those one of those fun trips.
Speaker 2: The bad reviews I've read about Ile Royale is just a hllacious amount of mosquitoes. Yes, so I'm preparing myself for that, do you.
Speaker 9: Go from de Luther, Grand Ray or neither?
Speaker 1: Well, I think we went from grand Ray. Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Question five, the topic is cooking. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Jennifer Silberberg for sending this great question. Jennifer is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the medeater dot com. What state produces ninety nine percent of America's stone crab harvest? Brody very quick to answer. The rest of our players have not yet put marker to whiteboard. Brody, you know this with certainty? You know, I think it's I'm okay, ninety nine percent sure that he knows where ninety nine percent of America's stone crab harvest comes from.
Speaker 9: I think there's two different names for this crab Okay, stone cred of stone crab, something else.
Speaker 1: I think Brody's just staring la.
Speaker 7: I mean, maybe I'm learning something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Question five, it's cooking. After this we'll get a scoreboard update from phil one state produces ninety nine percent of America's stone crab harvest. We could call it fishing if you like, if that makes you feel better.
Speaker 3: Crab crabbing.
Speaker 2: The topic is crabbing.
Speaker 1: I know that's a blue crab.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can answer that one.
Speaker 1: I just don't know my crabs.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about your answer? Randall?
Speaker 1: I don't feel great.
Speaker 2: If you got to name five states, do you think you'd be guaranteed to get it?
Speaker 1: Then? Yeah? Okay, I mean how many states touch the ocean.
Speaker 2: It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tresa sang Washington. Corey says Alaska. He crossed out Maine. Randall says Alaska, Logan says New Jersey, Max says Alaska. Brody says Florida. The correct answer is Florida, FLA. Only Brody got that one right. According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the stone crab market is one of the state's five biggest fisheries Everglade City is the hub claiming to be the stone crab capital of the world. Stone crab flavor has been described as being similar to lobster with a slightly sweeter taste.
Speaker 7: Those are the ones where they're only allowed to pop the claws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think they like it's like one catch and release with those things. Have you caught stone.
Speaker 7: Crabs before eating them down there? I haven't caught it.
Speaker 2: What's your review of stone.
Speaker 7: They're very good. It's real good. It's not as good. I don't think it's as good as.
Speaker 2: Dungeon is, but it's good. Phil, were halfway through the game of trivia. Give us the scoreboards.
Speaker 3: It's looking rough out there, guys, what just happened? I'm sorry, Sorry, I just.
Speaker 1: Knocked a whiteboard off the thing here.
Speaker 10: Oh that's fine, John lost, Tressa and Logan are not on the board yet with zero points, Corey and Max have one point a piece, Randall has three, and Brody is up by two at halftime with a perfect game.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 5: It's hard to see a reality where anyone catches up. The stranger things have happened.
Speaker 7: Randall came back and beat me last week or a few days ago.
Speaker 2: Did you question one of us?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think Phil was insinuated that I can't catch up.
Speaker 3: I definitely was.
Speaker 1: I was gonna.
Speaker 6: Feeling on that last one that it was coming from the Atlantic, and I was thinking Florida. But I just didn't have enough courage of conviction to go to Florida.
Speaker 2: Looking unlikely that we'll have overtime again this week.
Speaker 1: If he if.
Speaker 6: He put two points on me in the first five, why can't I put two on him in the second.
Speaker 1: Question?
Speaker 2: Six? The topic is mountain men. This this state's capital is named after mountain man Kit Carson. So you tell me the state, not the capital. This state's capital is named after mountain man Kit Carson. Corey, you have this one right, yeah, Randolin also looks confident. Brody had a quick answered, but now doing osmosis where he's got it pressed against his temple. This state's capital is named after mountain man Kit Carson. Make it interesting, Okay, I'll get it wrong, all right? Hmmm, did you talk about Kit Carson in the recent audio book a little bit? What do we have to say about Kit Carson without giving it away? Uh?
Speaker 6: He ran away from an apprenticeship as a saddle maker.
Speaker 2: Oh did that get him in trouble?
Speaker 6: I don't know that anything came of it, but it's no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: This state's capital is named after mountain men Kit Carson.
Speaker 6: We also have an anecdote of a field amputation conducted in a little party that Kit Carson is traveling with.
Speaker 2: Oh yep, it's everybody ready.
Speaker 6: It's one of multiple field amputations covered in media to America.
Speaker 2: Either the I don't remember if it was Kit Carson, but I previously had a trivia question about a mountain man's last quote, and it may have been Kit Carson. On his deathbed, he said something like I wish I just had time for one last bowl of chili.
Speaker 7: That's I think that's supposed to be Kit Carson. I don't know if it's true. I remember Steve talking about that.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. I have Tresa and Cory and Randall saying Nevada. Logan says Nebraska, Max says Idaho, Brody says Nevada. The correct answer is Nevada, Reno, Nebraska.
Speaker 7: Same thing.
Speaker 1: That's why I wouldn't have got it.
Speaker 2: I was gonna write down.
Speaker 3: I know it was like boys, there's no there's no way.
Speaker 2: John Fremont named the Carson River after Kit Carson, who was a scout for Fremont's expedition through the area. The city's population boomed when gold was discovered nearby in the eighteen fifties, but slowed down after the mines dried up. Carson City has fifty eight thousand people, making it the third smallest state capital after Pierce, South Dakota and Juno, Alaska.
Speaker 3: Qusha, how much time does Shelby have to answer these questions?
Speaker 2: If she doesn't know it? She moves on pretty quickly, so we wrap up a trivia test run in probably five minutes. It goes quick. Question seven, the topic is conservation. North America's most common rat is named after what Nordic country?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 7: Max? You should know this?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 2: Why shouldn't know this?
Speaker 7: I'll tell you later.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm on the edge of my seat.
Speaker 2: North America's the most common rat is named after what Nordic country? Is? Maxwell? Nordic?
Speaker 1: Is that? Does he have pet rats?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you later. Okay, just call me a rat Randall. You know this one, Brody, you know this one?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: North America's most common rat is named after what Nordic country? We've got Max writing down as many Nordic countries as he can come up with. Not a bad strategy. Now our other players are doing the same.
Speaker 7: And Max cover your board up.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't you want to beat Logan?
Speaker 3: It should be pretty easy at this point.
Speaker 2: North America's most common rat is named after what Nordic country? This question seven and the topic is conservation. Max declared he has three Nordic countries written down.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to think why I should know this.
Speaker 2: I think I think Brodie is just trying to mess with the He's gonna say that every time.
Speaker 6: Where are your ancestors from?
Speaker 1: No word.
Speaker 2: Has rats? Corey? Are you writing down Nordic countries?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got four?
Speaker 2: Okay, Tressa is at your strategy as well. I don't even know if this okay, Okay, we've got Corey has outright just shown his whiteboards.
Speaker 1: Max even have a globe.
Speaker 4: We need a globe and we should have nobody answer.
Speaker 2: Max? Is he raised all three Nordic countries? You can think that one.
Speaker 1: Logan?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Corey?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: What do you need to know? We're writing down country? One country? North America's most common rat named after what Nordic country? Tressa? Are you ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? With Tressa saying Poland. Cory, he wrote down Finland, Ireland, Sweden, and then he picked Norway ran in Iceland.
Speaker 1: I think I thought I wanted him to get credit. Yeah, yeah, the listeners.
Speaker 2: L says Norway, Logan says Norway, Max says Norway. Brody says Norway. They got it. The correct answer is Norway. Now why should Max hear that?
Speaker 4: Because he's from a part of the country where there's a lot of Norwegian immigrants.
Speaker 6: That's what That's where I thought you were going with him.
Speaker 2: Max is basically made of bludafesque yea. Norway rats are also known as brown rats, sewer rats, and street rats. They arrived to North America via ships in seventeen seventy five and are now found in all fifty states. A two year study of New York City's rats determined that the uptown population is genetically different than the downtown population, with Midtown acting as a barrier that largely keeps them from mixing.
Speaker 7: How did they not get here until seven seventeen seventy five?
Speaker 2: Know, they just kept clean ships before that?
Speaker 7: I suppose, Come on, no way.
Speaker 2: Question eight, The topic is fishing. Oh, speaking of the devil. This next great question is via Leland Heart. Okay, hey, what was the name of the wheeler playmate thirty eight boat from Gilligan's Island?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Really taking us back here?
Speaker 2: What was the name of the wheeler playmate thirty eight boat from Gilligan's Island?
Speaker 3: That was Brody's proudest whiteboard slam so far?
Speaker 2: Randall also seems to know it, though. How confident are you? Random?
Speaker 9: Very?
Speaker 7: Can you play the song after we're done?
Speaker 3: For copyright reasons? No, but I did.
Speaker 5: I did pull a clip from this theme song for a last week's episode of Cal's weekn Review.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 2: Oh right up and you'll hear a tail keep going.
Speaker 1: Coyright?
Speaker 2: How much of Gilligan's Island have you seen?
Speaker 1: Brody?
Speaker 4: I mean when I'm a little kid, it was like, you know, you don't remember back when there was only three channels.
Speaker 7: Right, I do not remember? That was the show that was on after school.
Speaker 2: But I remember Nick at Night. I watched a lot of Dick Van Dyke.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this was pre Nicket Night.
Speaker 2: I also loved the.
Speaker 3: Monkeys. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've recently gotten served some content on Instagram showing just how stoned the monkeys were when they were filming that. It's like so obvious now when you watch a clip and you see one of the monkeys is clearly very high while they were filming that show. You know what surprises me about Gilligan's Island When I was researching this question, only had three seasons. That seems like a show to me that had twenty seas.
Speaker 6: When you asked Brody, how much of Gilligan's Island have you seen? I thought, even if I could name every episode I've watched, I'd have no idea how much of Gilligan's Island I've seen because it just exists.
Speaker 3: Just washed over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you watch a lot of Gilligan's Island? Grandle yeh?
Speaker 1: I used to watch a lot of Nicke at Night?
Speaker 2: Uh huh? What did you like from Nick and Knight.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna remember what was on.
Speaker 2: I like Mary Tyler Moore because it was Minneapolis, she was there.
Speaker 3: I watched a lot of Dream of Genie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, m hm uh.
Speaker 10: Brady, Lucy, we talked more about this boat did that is what boat fail them and that is why they stuck on the island.
Speaker 7: Well, you knew the song, You know what happened.
Speaker 1: It's the skipper had a boat.
Speaker 2: And they were supposed to be on what a three hour tour? Three and then what happens was a storm?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And for some reason this tropical island they wash up on it has a lot of monkeys, right or am I thinking of a different show?
Speaker 4: I remembering Harassed by There was Lord Howell?
Speaker 6: Right, who's the aristocratic Carriacter Ginger?
Speaker 7: And uh? Or was that the professor?
Speaker 1: The professor?
Speaker 7: The professor and Mary?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's here on loved on the Spectrum.
Speaker 6: I think one of the seasons on the Spectrum, one of the guys loves Gilligan's Island and he goes to a comic con convention to meet the actress who played Mary Ann from uh and it's I mean, I'm surprised she's alive, but it looks great.
Speaker 3: We need to bring back TV theme songs. Will they just explain the entire perce?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty convenient. You can tune in at any time then I know what's going on. I'm almost certain that like gorillas were weirdly on that island.
Speaker 7: You probably right.
Speaker 2: I mean again, the question is question eight. The topic is fishing what was the name of the Wheeler Playmate thirty eight boat from Gilligan's Islands. Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tress's saying Aloha, Corey says SS. Susie Randall says SS Minnow. Logan says little Skipper.
Speaker 7: It was little Buddy Logan.
Speaker 2: Oh, Maxine says little g Brody says SS Minnow. The correct an her is the SS Minow. The original owner of the thirty eight foot boat called it the Blue Jacket, but the show renamed it after TV producer Newton Minnow. The Wheeler Playmate is the same model that Ernest Hemingway owned, which he equipped without riggers for fishing. On that very boat he caught one of his biggest tuna and wrote the old man in the sea.
Speaker 9: What does SS mean?
Speaker 5: And like?
Speaker 2: Isn't like service ship or ship Captain Randall? And it technically wasn't an SS. It should have been like an m T MT motor motor. I don't remember this.
Speaker 5: Is this is Google AI, so take it with a grain of salt. But it says it's an acronym for screw steamer.
Speaker 2: Maybe technically it was not an SS like that's that's designated.
Speaker 7: Yah something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says a single screw steamship.
Speaker 2: Okay, Phil, we have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: Let's everyone's on the board now.
Speaker 5: Max has two, Corey has three, Random six and still two points ahead as BIRDI Henderson with eight points and a perfect game Hot Dog.
Speaker 2: Question nine, the topic is cooking. McCormick describes this six letter spice as quote, sweet peppery and a bit floral with a hint of citrus. McCormick describes this six letter spice as sweet peppery and a bit floral with a hint of citrus. Phil, I liked the Brady Bunch movie a lot more than I liked The Brady Bunch.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well, I mean that was that was a great idea because the Brady Bunch movie was just like a it's pretty much a spoof of the Brady Bunch because it's the Brady Bunch living in modern times, if I'm correct. So it was like all of their TV sitcom mannerisms in the real world.
Speaker 2: And I think they went to Hawaiian and there was like a.
Speaker 5: Cursed that was a real episode of the Brady bunch the Hawaii episode with the cursed cursed like tiki statue or whatever.
Speaker 2: The hell it was, got all my nicked night mixed up again. We're on question nine. Brody, who has the perfect game going, does not yet have any McCormick describes this six letter spice as sweet peppery and a bit floral with the hint of citrus.
Speaker 7: Is this one that everyone has in their cupboard? Spencer?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I do not know. Does anybody feel good about their answer?
Speaker 1: Corey?
Speaker 4: No, No, not yet.
Speaker 2: McCormick describes this six letter spice as sweet peppery and a bit floral with the hint of citrus. Hmmm, it's maybe a zero percenter n rune Brody's perfect game. I already tried that. This is question nine.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, real stumper here.
Speaker 2: But if Randall could get this right and Brody get it wrong, we'd have a game going into the final question. Brody now has an answer, Brody, do you like your answer?
Speaker 7: It's got six letters?
Speaker 2: Okay. McCormick describes this six letter spice as sweet peppery and a bit floral with the hint of citrus. Randall, do you have an answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: I don't really know. You can get it in a spice. Yeah, I'm not sure if I believe this. Keep going, long story short, I'm not sure if this is a spice.
Speaker 2: Okay, do our other players give up? But yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Trestis saying misquite, Cordy without an answer, Randall says ginger, Logan says cayenne, Max without an answer. Brody says garlic. The correct answer is ginger, not that one, right, Ginger deliberately gig But it was very ironic that somebody said Ginger was one of the characters.
Speaker 3: And also Randall's the only one who got it right. Yes, anyway, sorry, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ginger is a common ingredient in Indian and Caribbean cuisine. The ground product comes from the underground stem of a plant that grows two to four feet tall. Wild ginger is found in thirty four states, according to the USDA. It can be identified by its heart shaped leaves and brown flowers that grow at ground level. Right, here's a correct answer. Review so far one with South Dakota two, Estuary three, Saint Bernard four, Lake Superior five, I have Florida six Nevada seven, Norway eight ss Mino nine Ginger Phil. Let's get one final scoreboard update before we do question ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you already said, it's still a game. Now, Brody has eight points, Randall has seven.
Speaker 6: Question to apologize apologize for.
Speaker 2: Is hunting. This brand debuted their seven foot sasquatch archery target at the twenty seventeen ATA show.
Speaker 7: This question is dumb.
Speaker 2: This brand debuted their seven foot sasquatch archery target at the twenty seventeen ATA show. Brody, our leader, does not yet have an answer, but neither does Randall, who is one point behind Corey. Do you think you have this one right?
Speaker 1: Fifty to fifty?
Speaker 2: Okay, just throwing it out there. This brand debuted their seven foot sasquatch ar tree target at the twenty seventeen ATA show. Randall could get this right and Brody get this wrong, we would snap our overtime drought. But it looks like right now that Randall is not going to get it right, and neither will Brody. Max. You like your answer, It's the only one I could think of. Okay, did you put down Dave Smith decoys?
Speaker 1: No? I did not.
Speaker 2: This brand debuted their seven foot Sasquatch ar tree target at the twenty seventeen ATA show.
Speaker 1: Corey, let me see what you have?
Speaker 3: Well, no, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I want to go there, Randall, do you have an answer down? Random?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know, Brody.
Speaker 1: Out, it's just not my forte.
Speaker 2: Here okay, Brody now now has an answer, Brody, you like your.
Speaker 1: Max?
Speaker 2: Do you like it?
Speaker 7: It's an answer same what as mine? Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow? All right man, I kind of want to.
Speaker 7: Show you what I got now.
Speaker 1: I'm real close.
Speaker 3: Well, there's maybe one you can't show. Yeah, yeah, no, let's see if this overtime happens naturally.
Speaker 2: This brand, if we get it right and they get it wrong, still one point this brand debuted. There's seven foot sasquatch archery target at the twenty seventeen at A show. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 9: Brody gave me a half point last game.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tressa saying called well, Corey says Delta, Randall says Jack Linx, Logan says Ryan Hart, Max says Block. Brody says Block. We have a correct answer. It's Ryan Hart, right, and that makes Brody our.
Speaker 7: Never gotten that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I already heard that before. The sasquatch stands seven feet tall, weighs two hundred and fifty pounds, and cost four three hundred dollars. It's by far the biggest and most expensive three D target that Ryan Hart sells. Other unique offerings from them include a mosquito target, velociraptor target, African lion target, black cobra target, and alligator target. That makes Brody our winner with eight correct answers. He got these Shelby index right on the nose, Brody. Where is the five hundred dollars from meat Eater going to go?
Speaker 4: Ummm, well, you boys are headed to the National Wild Turkey Federation shindig, So let's let's donate it to those guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, five hundred dollars going to NWTF via Brody and meat Eater. You got some turkey hunts playing this year, Brody?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I'm definitely gonna go. I haven't ironed out any details. I got two kids with decking hunt now.
Speaker 9: Man, it's like it's fun watching them go.
Speaker 2: They both got DIBs on pulling the trigger over you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, first, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's so excited about it.
Speaker 4: That's why me and rand Dad is like a lot man. You're like like everybody in Montana. Everyone's like, I'm gonna fill all.
Speaker 7: Five of my tags this year and whatever. It's like, good luck, man. I don't even know if I'm gonna get to hunting. Do they shoot twenties or twelve twenties. I don't even shoot at twelve turkeys anymore. There's no need, man.
Speaker 2: There's no need but Brody sending five hundred dollars to NWTF so his boys can kill all them turkey.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 2: Join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 1: Thanks Spencer, good luck Yeah, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 6: It is an.
Speaker 1: Avid amateur
Speaker 7: Rock Howe