Speaker 1: Hey there, Fana Ritos, Welcome back to an all new episode of How Rude Tanner Ritos. Today we have the back to the Future icon who doubled as Wendy Tanner on Full House. It's Darlene Vogel. And though we can't have Ginger the Chimpanzee on with her, if you know, you know, we will still be asking all the questions about that monkey and what that experience was like. And plus we can't forget that she was on the list of Joey's short lived romances. There's a lot to dig into, folks, So please welcome Darlene Ginger the Chimp. Hey, hi, Darlene.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome to the shy. Who is your little uh, your little dog friend there?
Speaker 3: Oh, this is one of them. This is miss Mazy, missus Mazy.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you, look at you.
Speaker 3: She's seventeen. I rescued her when she was fourteen.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, it's like two.
Speaker 3: Other ones and love it. You know, a whole farm over here, amazing.
Speaker 1: Big, we're big rescue dog people ourselves and oh my gosh, zoom too. So yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Good, yeah.
Speaker 5: I volunteer at the at the Santa Monk, the animal shelter too, so I'm always trying to find people that take dogs, which.
Speaker 2: Is very hard these days. Yeah, I wish we could. My dog is an only child. We tried once at a dog park. We're like, let's to get.
Speaker 4: A note now. The second the other dog came up to me, it was a it was a no go.
Speaker 2: She's very possessive of me, which is a compliment, and also like, you're ruining your own fun.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we're so good to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for having me. Yeah, it's fun, this is great.
Speaker 5: I mean I did David's show at the Full House rewind that was really fun.
Speaker 1: Little blast from the past that must have a little mini reunion between the short term mons.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I go.
Speaker 5: I must have been really bad because I just went on a bike ride with him and never came back.
Speaker 2: So they gave Joey no Joey had like what four or five single episode girl friends maybe a long yeah yeah friend, we just never I never gave the pop Eye voice, but.
Speaker 1: The bull yeah yeah, yeah, that's what we got.
Speaker 3: On their nerves after a while. Right, We didn't know the.
Speaker 1: Show would go eight seasons.
Speaker 4: Eight seasons exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, no, so it wasn't you. We That's our number one note usually is that Joey never got a fair chance at a real relationship.
Speaker 2: So and you remained in the business. We have a long track record of also people doing the show and then never do anything again, And.
Speaker 1: So the child actions are.
Speaker 4: Jokes.
Speaker 2: They're like, and then they did this and never worked again, they left the business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's kind of like when you went an oscar and then they're like, Okay, what that was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a high point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, when I won mine, it was.
Speaker 1: A lot easier.
Speaker 2: There's so much to get into regarding your role as a primate researcher on Full House.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna have a lot of questions about the money questions.
Speaker 4: There's so many questions.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: In the list of things you can no longer do on television, which is have chimps on TV, it's not you are no longer Is.
Speaker 3: It dangerous or is it for animal both.
Speaker 2: It's very dangerous for anyone working with chimps, even if they like you, and particularly if you're just setting them upon people that they don't know. But it's also you know, it's not not great for the chimps. So yeah, you can no longer. You can't fly kids and harnesses, and you can't have monkeys on set.
Speaker 4: So in full house you can do in the full house the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, a lot of things happened back in the eighties and nineties, right that we can do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're doing that now.
Speaker 5: I remember when the trainer said or someone said to me because I was so excited about working with a chimp, and some said, you know, darling, they could rip your face out.
Speaker 3: And so that's why sometimes.
Speaker 5: I see this seeing like I'm kind of like this, you know, like right, and then when I saw that he was all over John Stamos, I was like, you know, I mean, that's now that.
Speaker 4: I remember John talking about.
Speaker 2: They were very strict with you guys and said, do not look it in the eye.
Speaker 4: Do not look it in the eye.
Speaker 2: If you look a chimp in the eye, they take it as confrontational.
Speaker 3: Right. I like dogs, I mean, we should stare at dogs on the eyes exactly.
Speaker 2: But we're terrifying and yeah, yeah, and yeah, I remember John saying like I had to have this monkey crawling.
Speaker 4: All over me.
Speaker 2: But they were like don't look at it, like, don't look at it. Try not to be nervous because it'll pick up, you know.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Yeah, I know that kind of took the fun out of it. I was so excited to about it. It's just like I did a movie with baby tigers and then when I found out.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I just go, you know what, we don't need to use animals. Animals, it's over.
Speaker 1: You know, just ai them in right right, No more ethical that way, Yes, for sure. Now, back in the nineties that like Friends also had a monkey as.
Speaker 4: A record, same character. Was it that it was the same chimp?
Speaker 2: Probably because by that time, I think by that time they were phasing it out and so whatever chimps were still working in the business. I think we're allowed to continue until they that they passed and that was yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think.
Speaker 2: If I remember, I think it was the same chimp because there were only like a couple of them that we're still around in that area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably, you know, there's only a few of those people that do all the exotic animals and they all know each other.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, yeah, they were always on full house.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of really incredible experiences with exotic animals as a kid because I was a huge animal lover, and so they would bring them over to set. I was always hanging out with Comet and his trainers, and they knew that I loved animals.
Speaker 4: They would bring.
Speaker 2: Wolves and raccoons and the spiders from Arachnophobia, baby leopards.
Speaker 4: So cool, skunks, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it was. It was really cool, but yeah, they definitely much anymore. Anyway, enough about the animal portion, although we're fascinated with it. We all love animals. When did you How were you when you first got into acting, and like, did you always know you wanted to do it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I started in New York.
Speaker 5: I thrown into modeling because I was broke and the sky on my Florida f I t was like, do you want to try I'm modeling. I was like sure, So I started doing that and that led him to commercials and then a manager saw me on a Crystal Light commercial.
Speaker 3: He was the manager of jewryst.
Speaker 4: Like I know, right, remember powder? Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So going God, that was a horrible job and it was a paid a lot, but they made me go to a tanning salon like every day twice again, and.
Speaker 4: I was like, back in the right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, my chemicals and thank yourself.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 5: So anyway, so he the manager, Julia Roberts manager at the time, it was, and so he just got me into acting and I just fell into it all. I didn't know what I was doing at all, you know. I was just like, Okay, sure, I'll try this.
Speaker 3: I could do a lot.
Speaker 5: Of commercials in the eighties a lot, and and then I moved out to la and uh, Charles in Charge was my first half hour and I think Full House was.
Speaker 3: My second, because then I did Back to the Future.
Speaker 5: In between, I did Back to the Future two movie, right, and then I think another movie and then I did Full House.
Speaker 2: So yeah, because I think they did Back to the Futures were kind of like in between.
Speaker 4: Uh do you remember ab r stand in Bobby?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah on the show? Was Michael J. Fox's stand in.
Speaker 1: Bobby's Oh he's so great.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. I just saw him at an event.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, if you see him, please some high.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bobby was one of our stand.
Speaker 2: Ins on the show Lovely Lovely Human Being, and he was also Michael J. Fox's standing on all the back to the futures.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was that same statue, that little stature with yeah yeah, yeah bring that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still see a lot of those people. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that was in like eighty nine, ninety and then I did Full House I think in ninety two.
Speaker 2: So and then after that I did ninety one I think it was.
Speaker 5: It was a ninety one okay, and then yeah, then I did a lot of half hours and just kept going and yeah, I mean I still I don't act as much anymore because it's I'm suck. I guess that's self tapes because I could say, yeah, I can't do it. I mean, I work commercially in print wise now. But I did one movie last year that was it. But I was like, I book a dang job.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not like it used to be where you could go into a room and do a scene and have them give you notes or whatever and have.
Speaker 4: They go, oh you know what.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that this was what I wanted in the look, But actually I.
Speaker 4: Really like this now.
Speaker 2: Now it's like they just they see if you don't look like what they imagine, they skip right through the tape.
Speaker 5: A massive celebrities are doing guest stars now, and especially when a show's in its second season. I got, all right, I'm done. I'm retired from that part of my career. But I still enjoy doing it, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there, we'll see. It's such a gusure.
Speaker 2: But Back to the Future was kind of your like breakout. That was like a big moment for you as well.
Speaker 5: It wasn't back then, because you know, I just had me in this small role. But I guess since social media and the Internet, because like when I went to a reunion twenty five years later, that's when I realized how big that movie was because people came in from all over the world. And I didn't even tell people I was in the movie because it was so old, right and and yeah, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And now it just keeps going.
Speaker 5: I went to Paris, I'm going to Milan, I'm going to Australia. That's the place New Jersey, right, not New Jersey, I mean right.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Again, Like it's so always crazy that something we did, you know, thirty years ago, like people are still so excited about It's wild.
Speaker 3: That's because of the Internet. Right.
Speaker 5: It brought us all together in that respect. I'm sure you guys do all those signings and see people all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all the cons and it's so fun because people are so into it, like they it's you know, they've had thirty years to like absorb and reabsorb and they just are really committed fans, so nice fans.
Speaker 5: They're always so nice, and they're just so gracious, and yeah, it's really fun.
Speaker 3: It's really interesting. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: What was it like to be in like the sequel of such a big movie at the time, because I mean Back to the Future was was it intimidating it all or again? Were you like it's such a small part like what I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even know.
Speaker 5: I was just like, I mean, I walked into my agent's office, it's like, hey, go on this audition, and I go okay, and I go in and just talk to the cats and director, and then a month later got called in again with my gang members and we just improved a scene. And then a month later they said, okay, you got the job. It's like for two weeks, I go, sure, okay, and then I was on there for two months and yeah, so I still get good residuals from it. Yeah, so I was just like, this is so cool, but yeah, it's just now when I mentioned it to people, like, oh my god, when you were in that movie, and I'm like, yeeah, yeah, I mean I'm really proud, you know, just like you guys, you should be proud that you were in this, like I tonic show that's last forever and just going and going and going, and.
Speaker 3: For sure it's a positive show to be in, you know.
Speaker 2: I think also like that, you know, the nineties and sort of late nineties, all of that era, like it was the last era of kind of everybody watching the same thing, you know what I mean. Once we started into the like mid aughts and streaming and like everyone kind of started filtering to their own different things. And so I think a lot of the appeal too is like you know, Back to the Future, Full House and TGI.
Speaker 4: Have all these things.
Speaker 2: Everyone has that as a common memory, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And there like a lot of those nineties shows are coming back, like they're making Baywatch again, Andy know they're doing that stuff, and yeah, I'm just hoping Pacific Blue came back.
Speaker 3: I got I think Detective Yes did you have fun on.
Speaker 4: How long were you on Pacific Blue for five years? Five years?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the last two seasons I did half and then four because I was moving back east and I whatever, and then then I went straight to One Life to Live right.
Speaker 3: After that for like two years.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, that's a grind. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But what was funny was I worked solidly for eight years and then when I came back and went to casting offices, They're like, Charlie, where have you been?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I was.
Speaker 5: In the Witness Protection Program, I was on cable and on a soap.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, right, you guys, right, you know what I mean. It's like the soap bands know who you are. I mean for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the Pacific Blue ones were mainly like people from Australia and Norway and overseas, like they still love our show.
Speaker 3: But it's crazy.
Speaker 5: You always know the you know, demographic of the fan for the show you're on.
Speaker 1: It's funny, funny, Oh absolutely. What's the number one thing that people ask you when they come up to you at fan convention or just recognize you on the street, Like do they ask you to recite a certain line or what's what's wrong?
Speaker 3: It's fly you got no scrot? Yeah that one.
Speaker 5: I mean, how is Michael to work with? How is the hupper boards? And the crash scene? And some people think it was me who crashed and it wasn't. It's my stunt double and you know a lot of the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, oh man, yeahs so funny. Do people recognize you from Full House too or not?
Speaker 5: No one recognizes me that much anymore. I mean I was at I was playing pickleball like a few months ago, and this guy goes, hey, you were that cup of Pacific Blue.
Speaker 3: And I'm like wow, wow. I mean I was like, right right, yeah good.
Speaker 5: If I went overseas, I would definitely be recognized for Pacific Blue.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we got to go to Australia. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a shame you have to go around the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tragedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But a lot of my friends didn't even know I was on Full House until their kids were watching and go, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, darling, we saw you want Full House.
Speaker 5: And you know they're you know, because the kids at that age, you know.
Speaker 3: They love it. They still love that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah great, yeah, I mean and you were you were on just for the one episode character was it too?
Speaker 3: There was a little bit of a second one second, one and right because never came back from the bike ride.
Speaker 2: Danny's younger sister Yes, yes, and which was funned younger sister yeah, and I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I go.
Speaker 5: When I went on that audition, I go, I just threw it away. I was like, I'm not getting this. I don't look like him. I mean, how am I going to get this? And I remember Jeff Franklin, right yeah, and he goes, that was a really good audition, Darling. And I'm like, yeah, right, And I was just walking out of the room because no, it really was.
Speaker 3: I go, yeah, right, okay, thanks bye, and I walk out. I just threw it out the window.
Speaker 4: That's always the one that you're like, there's no hope.
Speaker 1: You're like, wait, what the ones you carry the least about are the ones that you get instantly.
Speaker 3: Exactly that you Yeah.
Speaker 5: My parents came to that taping and they could not believe how long it takes.
Speaker 3: To shoot a show. If anyone new how long it.
Speaker 5: Takes to shoot a show, it's just get really.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, I'm gonna go see a sitcom taping.
Speaker 3: You're like seven hours later, You're like, it's.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be there for like four to five hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just beforehand exactly, yeah, exact.
Speaker 4: A lot of people were really like, wow, so it's not a half hour.
Speaker 2: You're like no, no, no, no, no, you have committed a large portion of your.
Speaker 1: Large, many many half hours to Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I remember I was there. I think it was around Christmas. And then we got free turkeys or something.
Speaker 1: Dave Dave who gave out the turkey no take, Dave gave out lobsters one year.
Speaker 4: Who one year, yeah.
Speaker 1: Abster and a cooler like he gave that out as.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's such as how am I supposed to do with this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have been maybe a little more useful, but I.
Speaker 4: Was just like, I'm not going to boil it. Like, yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 3: It was the stage manager at the do you remember the stage man Richmond?
Speaker 1: Was it an end or Mark Sandrowski?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they're just always so nice. Everyone was so nice.
Speaker 1: We had a great crew, such a.
Speaker 3: Really you had such a family. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Was that intimidating to come in when we were like so tight knit as a family. At season five we were well established was that.
Speaker 3: We had always is.
Speaker 5: I mean only because my own reference was Charles in Charge and.
Speaker 4: That was probably a lot more difficult set.
Speaker 5: It's funny on that show, I said to myself, if I ever get my own show, I will treat everybody down to the extra sys family. And when we got it, when we did Pacific Blue, we said it was a packed everybody. Yeah, every the extras, everybody. We are all part of the same show. It's a village and you got to treat everybody the same and doing.
Speaker 3: Our part makes a difference.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly, cannot go. It's a it's teamwork. It is collaborating. His business is absolutely collaborative and people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Scott Baale was Scott Baio doing his thing with me. I actually met one of my best friends doing that show. She was my first friend in l A and we were both guest starring together.
Speaker 3: But it was just he was.
Speaker 5: Always trying to flirt with us, and we're like, I go.
Speaker 3: Who would date you? A good time?
Speaker 1: We did an yeh. He he did season three. Yeah, he was on an episode season and everything.
Speaker 3: I know, he was on everything. And then we hung out with them once at bar one.
Speaker 5: We were hanging out with him, and Nicole Eggert came in and we were all hanging out.
Speaker 3: So it was fun afterwards, Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: We are set. We were very fortunate.
Speaker 2: Everyone had a really lovely time, you know, working on our show.
Speaker 4: And you looked a.
Speaker 1: Lot like Pam Tanner. The ceased was gonna say, yeah, for sure, daughter, So I could see, yeah, you don't look like Danny. You looked more like Pam.
Speaker 3: No, but I don'tok like the girls.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like, yeah, you could see that the girls would.
Speaker 4: I think that was also probably intentional.
Speaker 2: Was like that's yeah, why did these blonde haired girls you know what I mean? Like there's got to be some more. Maybe Dani's adopted. He didn't know, who knows, Yeah exactly, but I did they just like throw the monkey at you and go here, now you act or what like? Did it start rehearsal? Did you guys have to meet the monkey the week before?
Speaker 5: No, we didn't have to be No, but but I didn't meet them on set. But you know, we really had this whole thing about don't do this, don't do that. When you put them to the couch, just just let go of your hand and he'll he'll go to the couch and you know, it's just it was. They took it very seriously about how to react with the monkey and stuff. But no, I met him for the first We didn't have a lot of interaction at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They would usually be like.
Speaker 4: You do, they do their thing and then they go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember being at the front door when they first meet me. I was just like sitting with them like that. It was the first time that I really got to hold them and I was just like, oh God, please don't rip off.
Speaker 4: I can't not think about it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and John did have a lot more interaction, like physical interaction, like with the petting of the hair. So yeah, John must have been his life was in danger with that close to a monkey. That's wild.
Speaker 3: And I did my homework.
Speaker 5: I watched the episodes again yesterday and it was my episode where you two become best friends with the makeover thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, remember when Candice.
Speaker 5: Well what was her DJ was doing the makeover thing on you and then you two sided together against her, And I was saying, because you were always bickering or something, and then came friends and now look you have all together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the beginning of the kidney stuff.
Speaker 1: We were even lifelong frenemies and off screen just the best test of friends. So it's yeah, that's so awesome.
Speaker 5: I know, I love I have still my friends from Back to the Future and from Pacific Blue, and so it's it's always nice, you go.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you are with people when you work on a set, when you work on a particularly on a show, like you were with these people more than you are with your family a lot of time, particularly if you're doing season after season, and particularly back in the day when it was you know, a season was eight months long. Yeah, you were spending a lot of time with these people, and they do they become family, you really, you go through all manner of things together, because yeah, life is still happening while you know, you're on set and you're expected to be there no matter what. So a lot of times you're going through death or loss or divorce or a new baby or an all manner of things, and you're going through it with those people.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and you guys were kids, I mean, you guys were kids growing.
Speaker 3: Up on set, you know, your.
Speaker 1: Childhood together, Yeah, for sure, and you're normal.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't anyone would say about me. But I could appear normal, that's for sure. I've learned how to pull that off. No, we are. We're relatively normal.
Speaker 1: And we avoided the curt the child Starkers.
Speaker 2: Exactly avoided it, but I definitely touched on it and then jumped out, you know what I mean. So yeah, I was sort of like, oh no, but yeah, I uh, it's been it's been fun to be in this business as long. You have your little friend there that's seventeen. What other doggies do you have? You said you had several.
Speaker 5: Oh I have, Oh yes, laying in the couch buddy. You can't see him. And Gidget, I think, is I don't know where she went? Gidget is another tow I always rescue, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then I have two cats, one that adopted me from the neighborhood and another one that I gave a bath this morning. I mean, try giving a cat at bat.
Speaker 2: My best friend's cat sits in her shower and gets angry at her when she turns the water off. Oh, he will sit in the sink and turn the water on and just lay there.
Speaker 3: It's the straight the strangers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Have that, and then we have a bearded dragon and he's outside sin.
Speaker 1: In the sun right now, sun bathing.
Speaker 3: And I do have two children. I do want children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk to your actually huge two children, you're like, and there's also some humans.
Speaker 5: That she's seventeen, big yeah. And then my son's twenty two. He just graduated college and he's going to grad school.
Speaker 1: So's eighth. Yeah, I have similar ages. I have an eighteen year old daughter and a twenty one year old son. So we're right, we're right there. Yeah, it's different.
Speaker 2: And then I'm I'm seventeen and fifteen, so well almost fifteen in like a month. But yeah, yeah, the seventeen year old, she's at her dad's right now.
Speaker 4: But she's probably still sleeping as well. It's noon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's they love to sleep, they're professional sleepers.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's not normal for her, but I don't know what. She must have stayed up late last night watching something.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but you know, at this age, they're always in their room. Yeah you know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well we just did.
Speaker 2: It's funny because the episode recap that we did earlier today before we had you on, was an episode with Danny and DJ where she is like, I don't want to hang out with you. You're lame, leave me alone, you're snooping, like I'm a teenager and now go away.
Speaker 4: And we were just talking about how absolutely relatable that is, and like, you know, it's so sad. Yeah it is, but it also.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm one of those weird people, like I love watching my girls kind of become who they're going to be and like go out in the world. And I don't know, I guess I just I hear really wonderful things about my girls from other people, about how kind they are, and yeah, god.
Speaker 5: For yeah, you just hope that, Yeah, you pushed them off. My son is like after he graduated, goes, don't put me out into the adult world. Man, I'm not ready.
Speaker 1: It's a shock, a shock to the system.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I suggested a part time job to my kid this for the summer, to like get some gas money, and she looked at me like I had I was like.
Speaker 3: You're get me. I told my son, I go, I started my career at twenty two.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, yeah, are there a lot I'm like, but the look I was four.
Speaker 5: Breaking, right, Yeah, exactly what am I saying yeah, you guys, yeah, I know. I mean four, I wouldn't even I mean, you know what was funny When I was young, like ten, eleven, twelve, I used to go into the bathroom and take like a shampoo bottle, read it and do commercials in the mirror.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do. I know that. That's what I was.
Speaker 5: That was going to like, yeah, be one of my careers doing commercial I love doing commercials.
Speaker 3: I could do them till I drop.
Speaker 1: Commercials are great, right, great, Yeah I miss that because.
Speaker 3: It's not about you.
Speaker 4: You're just you were the prop.
Speaker 2: The product is the star, and you're just yeah, so funny.
Speaker 5: I mean now I keep doing all skincare stuff like I did j Lo, I did Goop, I did jubaderm all the fillers.
Speaker 3: Hey, I know, I got free filler and no, I don't look weird. Thank god. You can do a killer.
Speaker 4: You know you can't. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's when you start at twenty and you start filling everything and then you're like, yeah, what happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, so that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I love that you're you know, still working, still doing stuff, rescuing puppies, having family.
Speaker 5: It's you know a lot of pickleball to playing a lot of Yeah, pickleball.
Speaker 4: I have never played pickleball, but.
Speaker 3: Don't even start because you'll be obsessed. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just have one more question, do you because everyone asked us, oh, do your kids? Oh yeah, do your kids watch you on Full House? Are they impressed? And our kids could not be less interested in our career? So y, yeah, do your kids react to your work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? When they were young, and if I popped up on TV, they'd be like, oh my god, there's mom, and you know.
Speaker 5: But if I'm on TV and I'm sitting here and like, say one of my Lifetime movies or whatever come on, I'm like, oh, look I'm on TV, They're like, uh, friends are more impressed.
Speaker 3: They're friends. Okay, look you know, look your mom's on TV. Oh my god. And she hates that her friends follow me on INSTAGRAE yeah, yeah, I hate that. I can't post her.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 2: The other day I posted a picture of Zoe she got her driver's license and I.
Speaker 1: Was very excited today, congrats.
Speaker 4: I posted a picture and then like a couple hours later, she's like, only god, ah, my friends are texting me. You posted the worst picture. I was like, is that a terrible picture, right.
Speaker 3: It looks stupid.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, well.
Speaker 3: I was, you know, yeah, my son doesn't car.
Speaker 5: He's like, go ahead, post me so it looks like on my Instagram page, I just have.
Speaker 3: A son, because yeah, I can't.
Speaker 4: Like my kids have disappeared. I'm no longer allowed to post them unless it's a far away shot.
Speaker 3: She's playing soccer. I could do that, you know.
Speaker 2: I was like, do you want to put a sticker thing over your edge? She was like, oh, yeah, do do that.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe Day, I forgot to say that.
Speaker 5: You worked on Be on the Edge and my boyfriend Jay was the showrunner.
Speaker 3: Jay Beanstock, Jake Beanstock, tell you, I said, hello, I will, I'll see him after this.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, shove them, I said, Hi, give them a big hug for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was some show. You were a trooper, man, it was intense. That's intense.
Speaker 4: That was Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was probably the hardest thing I've ever challenged myself to do.
Speaker 3: Were you weird and you did it?
Speaker 2: I'm so happy I did it, and weirdly, like, if somebody were to ask me to do something like that, I'd be like, yeah, I do it because I think I've just forgotten.
Speaker 4: About how traumatic come are.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like childbirdre You're like, no, I actually think it was fun and then you're in it and you're like, oh, wait, no, this was not fun.
Speaker 4: But no, I actually loved it.
Speaker 2: I like, uh, I like pushing myself, you know.
Speaker 4: And it was also it was for a great cause.
Speaker 2: It was for you know, for charity, and yeah, and everyone was lovely to work with.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jay was really fabulous to all of us.
Speaker 3: And I know he could be intense.
Speaker 2: No no, no, not to me, because I was just as intense back look, pook me out in the jungle with no sleep and like no food.
Speaker 4: I was intense. I was like, no, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: No ways, I get bit up and I'd be welted, like blown up from all the bites.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was so where was Jay staying while Jody was in a tent? Oh?
Speaker 2: Like they were like they had a base camp like forty five minutes through the jungle, like kind of more towards like a little more towards civilization.
Speaker 4: But it was like they.
Speaker 2: Were like a good thirty forty minutes drive away we had an emergency like sat okay okay phone that we kept.
Speaker 4: At night, but at night, and that was it. No, right, the only person that stayed.
Speaker 2: We had a snake guy who just made sure that at night because it would pour down rain, the snakes like to hide under where you sleep, And we just were on raised like platforms like maybe six inches off the ground, and you know, if you had to be or something.
Speaker 4: You'd step right off of it.
Speaker 2: So if we had the snake guy to make sure that no one got bit by a snake in the middle of night. Wow.
Speaker 4: But other than that, we were out there all by ourselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wid Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They started like tents.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're a common dations were like I feel like they were probably pretty comfy.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I mean I wasn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't know him when he was shooting it, just right after so, but I know because he watched Survivors, so like he said, they would always be intense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were like a full base camp with like you know, food and floors and all of that. Yeah, because we would drive by it sometimes like on the way out of the jungle, you're like, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I have any other shows reached out to you to do any other survival shows after that, Yeah.
Speaker 4: But they several have, but I'm like, no, I'm not gonna. I would do it personally.
Speaker 2: I don't need to do it for a show again, just because I've I've done reality TV and I I have my thoughts about reality TV because it's just never real right, And I'm like, I don't need to do it again. I've done it right, I've done the things I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I did ballroom dancing, and I did the Jungle, and then after that, I'm like, no, there's nothing else I.
Speaker 1: Need to You've done it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, this was such a pleasure to have you on Derlin. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's awesome, so.
Speaker 4: Really really fun.
Speaker 1: I really wish it had worked out between you and Joey, Like you would have been the best girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Girlfriend and all the time. How come they didn't bring you bed? You're not a fuller house?
Speaker 1: I go, yeah, I mean, Franklin, I didn't you.
Speaker 5: Franklin ended up being my neighbor. I mean it was funny, yeah, funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Here like five years later or whatever, I was living right next door to him. I'm like, dude, let me back on the show.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, that's funny. Well, thank you so much. Where can people find you if they want to find you? On socials?
Speaker 3: Darling Vogel on Instagram. Okay, yeah, that's all I'm really on.
Speaker 5: I mean to tell me, it's all I do is follow food and pickleball on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Now, so I love that sounds good to me.
Speaker 4: All Right, Well, thank you so much for going on.
Speaker 1: Thanks, see you later. Oh my gosh, she looks great.
Speaker 4: She's doing those skinning care commercials.
Speaker 1: She looks back like I'm ready to go buy all of the products. She chills because she looks fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she looks. She was and Shan is super sweet and lovely.
Speaker 2: Oh it's just it's such a small world, this business about how everyone sort of, you know, cross pollinate.
Speaker 1: It's so true. It's so true, and I'm just so bummed they didn't bring her back. She would have been a great. She would have been great for Joey.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I forgot that they ever brought in a a sister for Danny.
Speaker 1: Well because it was only those two episodes, like one and a half.
Speaker 2: Really, so maybe maybe they didn't want to talk about the unfortunate accident that that Wendy Tanner how much mention Ginger the monkey. Yeah, yeah, I was didn't go well, you know what I mean, we didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it was that she she couldn't.
Speaker 2: She was molded by a chimpanzee and and uh and.
Speaker 4: Just never heard from again.
Speaker 1: So it's a shame. It's unfortunate and unfortunate demise.
Speaker 2: But uh, yeah, she to have her back on and yeah, I you know, I'm gonna be honest though, I have never seen Back to the Future too.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen Back to the Future too. I've seen one, the version one maybe once. Yeah, oh I've seen it maybe once or twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Classic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like they shot that over towards me, like in Whittier and Puente Hills, like at the mall at the Pony Hills Mall, they put out a big sign every October twenty first or twenty fourth, whatever the date is right, and then people go and take photo ops at the mall like it's like they shot it all around like northern Orange Country area. So yeah, yeah, yeah I.
Speaker 4: Have I have not I've not watched it often.
Speaker 1: Now you have your homework.
Speaker 2: Now you have your homework. Much one homework, so much homework. But thank you guys so much for joining us. That is going to wrap up our interview with Darlene Vogel. Thank you so much for joining us fan Rito's, We love you guys. You can follow us on Instagram at how Rude Podcast. You can also send us emails at how Rude tan Rito's at gmailed like and subscribe to the podcast whatever platform you're listening to it on, go ahead, and you know, give us, give us some stars, give us some rating, Let us know how you're liking the show. Let other people know how you're liking the show, because we always would love to.
Speaker 4: Have more fan uritos join us.
Speaker 2: So and also check out our our merch store, Howarude meerch dot com.
Speaker 4: And and yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's it.
Speaker 4: Thank you fantos.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yep, we covered everything. So remember everybody, the world is small. The house is full.
Speaker 4: Of chimpanzees, full of them, and you can't look any of them in the eyes. You just got it. You gotta look down the whole time.
Speaker 1: It can't work, They can't work anymore. In Hollywood.
Speaker 4: We can't know. It's just they're taking up all your furniture space.
Speaker 1: They're pettying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they're playing all of your poker like it's.
Speaker 4: You know, you know how they do.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of scared of the chimpanzees now. Don't look them in the eye.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, don't look them in the eye. Well, if you ever actually come in contact with one, don't look at video.
Speaker 1: It's not likely. So we have a lot of wildlife here there.
Speaker 2: If you were to come and contact one, it'd probably be a pretty upset monkey and you should probably not be there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we'll put the binoculars away and run.
Speaker 4: Right, You better slip on those shoes and run.
Speaker 3: Girls.
Speaker 1: See it's it's yes. We're getting off track now, yes, okay,