Speaker 1: What's that at the bed?
Speaker 2: It's spooky and jooky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I'm ousad by Russ dressed. Hey boo, it's me Roz. How are you me? I am.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can tell from the sound of my voice, but I think I have I think I got a cold. I did a COVID rapid test. I don't have COVID. Ninety nine dollars later, I've found out I don't have COVID, So that's good, and I am, you know, fully vaccinated. But my defenses are down, and I've been very out and about and so I may have gotten a cold. So now I'm canceling all kinds of things and staying home and taking it easy. So I apologize that my voice sounds like this. And I'm also recording a lot of episodes this week upcoming, so my voice might sound like this for a while.
Speaker 2: At least when you listen to this show. So I apologize.
Speaker 1: But before I conclude my two part conversation with Katrina Widman of the TV show Portals to Hell, I thought I would take a look at some of the ghost stories I've been sent lately. This first one comes from a five star review on Apple podcast A Great Place to.
Speaker 2: Leave a Ghost Story.
Speaker 1: It comes from King GHF ten and they write, I have a quick story. A few years ago. I was on an evening drive. It was near sunset but still light out with my mother on an old country highway. Two lanes, lots of curves, lots of farmland and trees. At one section of the road there's a farm where the farmhouse and barn are on opposite sides of the road and very close to it as well. My mother was driving, so that gave me an opportunity to look around. I remember admiring the farmhouse as we came up to it. Then something in the road caught my eye. Standing directly in front of the barn in the middle of the opposite lane of traffic was a figure. It was tall, tope colored with gauzy strips that floated in a bizarre way, almost like it was underwater. I said to my mother, what is that. She had no idea what I was talking about, and SUV was coming the opposite directions for the figure. I thought maybe it was some kind of scarecrow from the farm that inadvertently ended up in the street. In a split second, I realized that that was definitely not the case. As the suv approached, I yelled, they're going to hit it. They don't see it. We passed it and the suv at the same time. As the suv hit it, it raised an arm pointing a They just wrote the word bony. I'm gonna say bony finger, A bony finger at us, I screamed. I was fully convinced that I was watching a car accident. But the suv kept on and there was no thud. Immediately I turned back in my seat to look at the spot where it was standing.
Speaker 2: It was gone, and.
Speaker 1: Clearly I was the only one who saw it. My mom never saw it, and the suv never slowed down. I was so confused and frankly scared. I asked her to turn back to see if something was still there, and nothing. I never saw it again, but I always feel dread when I drive past that farm. Oh God, especially after last week when we talked about that murder farm that Katrina recently investigated.
Speaker 2: That is a spooky one. Thank you for sending it. Now. Here's another one that I found a little terrifying.
Speaker 1: This was posted by Jennifer in the Facebook group ghosted by ros Dress Flees. Jennifer writes, I have a ton of good ghost stories, but I'm nervous to type them all out. This is my last experience. Here it goes. I live in a haunted house. It is not old, but the land is, and many Native Americans have lived and died on this land. Anyway, I got up in the middle of the night to get a snack, and when I got to the hallway to my room, there was this thirteen to fourteen year old girl with long brown hair and a long, stereotypical white night dress on. I just stood there, too, stunned to move. I don't remember how I got back to my room. The next week, I was listening to a podcast about children without eyes, and my blood ran cold when I remembered the spirit. She had black spots where her eyes should have been. Studying up on it. I'm convinced that she is not one of those children with black eyes. But what was it? Why don't I remember going back to bed? I don't sleep walk. Could this have been an alien? I haven't seen her since, but there are times in that hallway I have to turn on the light because I can feel something looking at me. Thoughts, am I just crazy?
Speaker 2: Be kind?
Speaker 1: Wow that was actually posted June fifteenth, so if you have any insight, please Jennifer now in the Facebook group. And yeah, I mean, of course my first thought was maybe it was one of those black eyed children, but that's.
Speaker 2: It's a different thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, the lore around black eyed children is usually that they're trying to get into your house, not that they're already in there. But yeah, the scary part is that you don't remember going to bed or ooh ooh. Jennifer, and you said that you feel like somebody's watching you in the darkness, but like, are they watching you? If they don't have any eyeballs, maybe they don't see you. It doesn't make it more comforting, I know, but I don't know, just the thought.
Speaker 2: Keep us updated on that.
Speaker 1: I have got another episode on my Patreon this of my little podcast I've been doing with my best friend Sam.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 1: We are talking about malls, you know, shopping malls, So you can find that on my second tier of Patreon this week, so look out for that. And I say, we get into this conversation with miss Katrina Widman. Now we are going to be referencing again her TV show Portals to Hell, which you can find on Discovery. Plus, I do think that you could still enjoy this if you haven't yet seen Portals to Hell. And another thing that we reference right at the beginning of this conversation is this ghost video that I have seen previous to her investigation at the Hotel Montevista in Flagstaff, Arizona.
Speaker 2: And it's a video of this rocking chair.
Speaker 1: This family is doing a seance and they're like they tell the rocky chair to move, and it does move in a very quick way and it's really really scary. Maybe you've seen the video. If not, look it up. It's spooky. Anyway, here's my conversation with Katrina Weidman. Hope you enjoy on with the show.
Speaker 2: Well, another place.
Speaker 1: You guys went to was what was that hotel where that video there was like that viral video that that was the monte Vista one.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that was some Flagstaff, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I've seen that video before.
Speaker 1: It's like a dad and some little girls and they're doing a Oiji board and then they asked the rocking chair to move and then it like moves in a very violent way.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that video?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, it's so hard for me when people are like, here's the video or here's the picture, because I don't know the circumstances at the time, and it's.
Speaker 3: It's always so hard to.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you.
Speaker 4: Can't see, right, So in a in a video or a picture, you only see what's framed and which is why. And it's funny like, even though I work in paring normal television, I totally get the criticisms of it, and I agree with most criticisms of it, to be honest, because if I was sitting at home, I would be the first one to call BS on a lot of things, not that they are, just that I think if you're not there, it's sometimes hard to say, you know, yes, I believe that because there's also people in this world that don't have great intentions, you know, So when I see something, I'm always like, really really cautious about it. With that guy, we met him, he was very very nice. I felt like he was being upfront. What is interesting is Jack's background. He also works I can't remember the exact title of it, but he works with the reason he's like a police reserve officer, and uh so he's obviously like had a lot of training and just being able to read people really well. And and he believed that that family was being truthful. So they, I mean, they seem truthful to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were just talking about on this show that there's like this whole YouTube phenomenon now of like body language experts. After like a celebrity tell all people, you know, they're all these body language experts would be like, now you see how she just itched her nose. That means right, lying or whatever. I'd be curious to know about that kind of a thing. But yeah, it's like it's almost like what you were saying, you have to ex like if you're not there when the videos taken. It's like, how do you prove that anything is real? Like you can never prove that the paranormal is real unless something happened when we're all the whole entire world is in the room together, which would never happen. Like it's like it would have to be. It's all personal really, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't know it is. I think until we have more.
Speaker 4: Maybe more science behind it, I think that's when we'll see a shift in that because I know I've had experiences caught on camera that there is no explanation for how those things happened. But I get messages about it like you fake that and we know it's faked, and here's how you did it, and it's completely off the like there's no truth.
Speaker 3: To what they're saying at all.
Speaker 4: But I understand the skepticism you know, that goes into it for sure, So you know, I think it's just a thing of Oh I think it again. It's one of those things that I meet people like this all the time. Not that they're against the supernatural, but they won't believe it until it happens to them. And I can respect that because it's hard to wrap your head around it that maybe something does exist beyond what we already know.
Speaker 1: God, I just wish that I had like a couple of goes that I could just like call and be like okay over here, like go for yourself that one at a time with every skeptic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know, another thing about that hotel is that it had tunnels underneath. And I've noticed that with like a number of places that you guys go to. Do you think that there's a connection with being underground and you know portals or whatever with the other side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, historically, what we know is that tunnels were sometimes a lot of times used for nefarious reasons. So even if they weren't built for anything bad, they were often used for things that weren't supposed to be going on. So if we're looking at the supernatural is connected to tragedy, then it makes sense. If the supernatural is not connected to tragedy, then is it something where people we just kind of get freaked out about mysterious tunnels and so then we we think, you know, we're tying these supernatural events to the fact that there is a tunnel.
Speaker 3: That could be a possibility.
Speaker 4: Even further, if there is something tied to the supernatural that has anything to do with like the energy of the earth the land itself, then a tunnel is obviously usually deeper than a basement in a lot of places, or on the same level as the basement, so could there be any connection that way.
Speaker 1: We also, you're like eye level with dead bodies when they're buried.
Speaker 3: This is true, true.
Speaker 1: And anytime you're like underground, it's so much scarier because you can't like run like it's you know, like you're like almost trapped if like something scary up and down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And I think tunnels exactly what you said.
Speaker 4: Tunnels can represent a lot of fears that we have as humans, either for being claustrophobic or facing some element of death itself.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You guys also went to a theater, which yes, always my favorite me too.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I love an old, historic theater.
Speaker 1: And that place was really great and they had that grom Dam actress ghost.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh I just love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was I mean the Fulton Theater in Lancaster beautiful. And actually a friend from college used to work there, or did he used to work there or the one of the lighting directors or audio directors is like still his.
Speaker 3: Really good friend, And.
Speaker 4: So it was cool for me to go there because it's close to where I grew up and obviously I was a theater major. So like kind of what you were saying, like you just step in, Like you know what I'm saying, Like you step into a theater, it's just you're like a kid in a candy store. It feels so good. I love the energy, So I agree with you. Those are my favorite places to investigate, because I just I could just like be on the stage all day.
Speaker 3: I'd be so happy.
Speaker 1: You could almost throw old theaters into the cab agory of jails and asylums and hospitals. But like sometimes I do encounter old theaters where they're like, Nope, never heard any ghosts around here.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, there is this. Yeah, I feel like that you have to have at least one ghost, the lady in White.
Speaker 3: Every theater has the Lady in White.
Speaker 4: Yes, the tragic actress who didn't get the part, and so you know, she's left to haunt the place forever.
Speaker 1: Totally, God, we should do a musical with all of those actress ghosts. Somehow summon them. Michelle will get Michelle on the phone she introduce it. We'll get all of those ladies to get their chance. That would be amazing. I love it, Okay. And then another place was the the Padre Hotel, which is not super far from LA and Bakersfield, which I didn't really know about that place, but that place has handprints of a little girl in would that they try to wipe away and they stay there.
Speaker 2: What is that.
Speaker 1: Padre?
Speaker 4: It is hard for me to recall because I wasn't physically there, right, So yeah, so I was working remotely just because of COVID stuff, you know, and so I was doing a lot of the research there. What I can tell you is that Padre definitely has a sorted past, you know, like a lot of those hotels did at the time, because you know, they were built to be these grand hotels than they were for a long time. But like a lot of businesses, where this can happen is they fall into despair and so then they try to find ways to make money, and sometimes CD activity or CD people get involved, and then you have people who again they don't have a stable home base or they don't have stable life where they're looking for a second chance.
Speaker 3: And sometimes with those life stories, there's a lot of tragedy involved.
Speaker 4: And because you know, sometimes bad things happen there, it wasn't always we don't know how much was reported, you know, so even when you're going through the historical documents, it's really only like a glimpse of what life was like at the hotel at that point. And when I was going through the historical documents, you know, there was a lot of things like drug abuse and overdoses there was a man who No, yes, there was a man who was shot there and I believe he was killed and it was it was a lover's quarrel. So you know, you have things like that happened. There was a fire there, but nobody, from what we could tell, nobody died from that fire.
Speaker 1: But there's an interesting point, like I have a lot of friends that are maybe twenty thirty years older than me, and I'll be like, tell me about the eighties. Was it all like, yeah, it was, but it was also like real life and like we had like other things going on. It wasn't just like everyone was just like partying at you know and listening to pop.
Speaker 2: Music like there was.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like, you there's so much that could happen that you don't even know about, you know, just like everyday things that could leave a ghost in print of some sort over decades and decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's part of the reason that.
Speaker 4: I think it's interesting in the paranormal field because there's been such a boom of investigators. There's been a lot of positives to that, but there's also negatives, right, So the positive what I like to look at is we're trying to preserve these stories, because these aren't things that get reported.
Speaker 3: You know, very rarely.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can go through old newspaper articles and you will find people talking about ghosts and you will find the ghost story. But these are such you know, these are oral stories that are passed down through families, and so if we don't document, they're kind of lost forever. And so, something I think is really important about and positive about the television shows in particular, or even the YouTube series that people make or podcasts, is that you're able to document people's experiences in some way, even if they're not true supernatural experiences. Meaning we someday find out that there's an explanation for them, we're still able to document the experience someone had, and I think that's pretty important.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do remember hearing you say in that specific episode something along the lines of that, you know, these kinds of places that have all these paranormal experiences, it's people automatically will just assign these tragic events to those which, yeah, I mean that's very much a thing of like this folklore of like, well there was this murder, so I guess that's who this is, but it might not always.
Speaker 4: Be, Yeah, and there was actually I think it got left out of the episode, but the flag Staff episode, the monte Vista, there is a ghost there that they call the Meatman, and.
Speaker 3: Which I guess could be taken a lot of different ways. But he was a butcher, so.
Speaker 4: And they because they had activity in this one room at the hotel, and they always attribute it to him because they heard he had died in that hotel room. And we did a lot of digging and we actually were able to find out who the meat Man was and his story got completed with other bits of history. So he was a butcher. He did kind of have an unruly personality from what we could find. We actually found somebody who knew him. This guy was like in a retirement home in his like mid nineties, but he knew him, and he did live at the hotel for a period of time. But after words he got married and lived out the rest of his life nearby and died. He had he went into cardiac or rest at his house and then died at the hospital.
Speaker 3: So we were able to.
Speaker 4: Kind of put pieces of that rumor to rest, you know. But it's I always think that's such a great example of how you know, there. There was truth to that story, it just wasn't the the puzzle that they had put together right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: But what about sometimes you hear these stories like, Okay, the one that's always so popular around these parts where I live is like Marilyn Monroe is always seen at this pool, but like we know she didn't die like at that hotel, So like is that a thing of like, oh, they just loved their time at a place and so they go back to that in the spirit world.
Speaker 2: Have you found that to be true?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think that goes back to But we have to ask the question of what causes these experiences to begin with? Is it actually some consciousness of Marilyn Monroe that's showing herself in all these various places, or is there something that gets left behind of us that isn't conscious. It's just sort of like almost like a hologram and we're experiencing it in our life. Or is it that certain people have something different about that, like that success we were talking about, is their dial tuned up just a little bit more than the average person where they have the ability to kind of tap into this supernatural information highway almost like an Internet, but like one that we don't really have access to all the time, but that it.
Speaker 3: Preserves pieces of the past is that part of it.
Speaker 4: So I always think it's a thing of like, I'm not really willing to rule out any possibility until we know what causes these experiences to begin with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that there could be a thing where it's sort of like, okay, say you just like sneeze and you don't cover your mouth like pre COVID sneeze, you do like a full on and your germs are now all over a room, and then you leave and you never go back to that room. But like maybe like your germs would still be there for who knows how long, Like maybe it can happen.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, yeah, No, I think there's so many possibilities that, you know. I think Marilyn is a great example because she's been spotted everywhere, you know, from LA to New York.
Speaker 2: You know, so by coastal honey, Yeah she is.
Speaker 4: And uh but it's such a great example because so many people claim to have seen her in various places.
Speaker 3: But again, it's a thing of well, what is the ghost to begin with? We don't really know, No.
Speaker 1: I want to know, I know, come on, get down to the bottom of this, Patrina, we're doing.
Speaker 4: This, I know well, And that's the crazy thing is is that you know, I've been doing this full time for fifteen years, and I'll tell you I have more questions than answers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Well that's but that's what I'm going back to. Like, Okay, there's like handprints in the wood, like I've heard about that. Like oh, there's a stain on the floor and you can't like you wash it away and it always comes back, and that's where the body was found or whatever?
Speaker 2: Like what is that? What is going on there?
Speaker 3: Right right?
Speaker 1: Tell many of my questions. This is how I interview you. I say something crazy and then I say, what is that? Tell me explain it to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that stuff is I remember when I was a kid, I used to get all the you know, the supernatural haunting books during the book fair thing.
Speaker 3: And Elastic Scholastic, Yes, the Scholastic book fairs. I love those, and.
Speaker 4: I remember there was a story in one of them about what was it Some guy was accused of a murder or something and they were gonna kill them and he was like, if I'm innocent, grass won't grow on my grave and like Grass never grew on his grave.
Speaker 3: So you know, I don't know if there's any truth to that.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what the story was or who was about. But yeah, you always hear things about that stuff. Jimp Thwart Jail is a great example. They have a handprint on the wall that they claim never goes away.
Speaker 1: Oh interest, Okay, Wait, another one I wanted to ask you about is Captain Grant's in. Yeah, this one was really interesting to me. Now, this is like this bed and breakfast and this woman lives there and she says that at one point she got possessed by some man ghost and then she did her own like amateur exorcism and it went away, but then it like came back, which that gives up give me me a lot of quot like, okay, is there like an expiration date on how long a exorcism works for? Or is there like a statue of limitations on possessions? Why does it come back? Did you have to do whatever? But then she goes on to say there's three hundred ghosts there, which that's a lot, And then you guys kind of brought into question. You know, the episode goes through a whole arc and it's a really interesting storyline of this episode.
Speaker 2: Again, this is reality.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is like unscripted TV, but like there is like a storyline to it as you guys investigate more, because at one at the beginning, your guys are kind of like, is this.
Speaker 2: A credible source? Like what's going on with her?
Speaker 1: And I'm curious like what that was, Like what red flags or what made you think that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Carol and her husband, they're amazing and I would recommend anybody to go and stay there, just very kind people. Where was Connecticut And the house is amazing and the town is amazing. But what was giving us red flags at first was again the claims of there's three hundred spirits here.
Speaker 3: Right, because that's that's like you said it, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: That's a lot, Like what do you like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it you know, when you hear in my career, my experience, when you hear really big claims like that, it's somebody either lying or.
Speaker 3: Something is really going on. You know, there's really no middle ground.
Speaker 2: Like so.
Speaker 4: We were like, I don't know, because the stories too, we were hearing about the spirits, it was nothing really crazy, nothing bad necessarily, but we were.
Speaker 3: Wondering how honest you.
Speaker 4: Know, they were being about their experiences at that point, and so we had to explore that. And what was interesting is the more people we met, the more they were backing up her claims. So there wasn't a whole lot of, uh, you know people. We didn't meet anybody who was like, oh, she's crazy, or oh she's making it up, or like all these people are like no, I had experiences too, And actually one of our producers at the time, she had stayed there when she was a little kid, and she remembers back then the ghost stories and how they really hadn't changed in like, you know, twenty some years.
Speaker 3: So you know, we took all that into account, and then it.
Speaker 4: Became a thing of well, maybe it's not that there's three hundred ghosts there or energies there. Maybe it's that Carol is more sensitive than the average person. So to her, it seems like there's a lot of different things because maybe Homegirls channeling, you know, like you know, she could be the radio tower and all these all these things are coming to her. So from her standpoint, then that would make sense that there's all these different things.
Speaker 3: So then we put her to the test.
Speaker 4: And what's interesting about Carol is she is I don't know, like what, any kind of diagnosis or whatever, but she she had disclosed to us that she was, you know, I guess hard of hearing to begin with anyway.
Speaker 3: So when we put her the blindfold on her.
Speaker 4: And the noise canceling headphones, I mean I was like walking right in front of her, she never flinched.
Speaker 3: She had no idea was even there, you know.
Speaker 4: So if there was any sort of speculation of could she hear the questions I was asking, I don't think so at all, because I was asking quietly, I was normally very far away from her. And then again when I was even walking by her, like normally somebody you can like if you feel somebody near you right, you kind of shift or you're aware of their presence, she was like totally in another zone.
Speaker 3: She was in another space.
Speaker 1: If you were asking her questions, and then she was like responding to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I just told And what's interesting we just told her whatever imagery you get, whatever you hear in your head, just say it out loud. And what was fascinating about it is she would like answer on cue, and I would say, I mean, not everything she said matched up, but the majority of it did.
Speaker 2: And that's what makes really incredible. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: Really really weird.
Speaker 4: We didn't know at all what we would get from this. We I mean, you know, you just try things and you see what works what doesn't work. But from that, I would say that Carol definitely has something special going on with her where maybe she's just a little more, a little more tuned in than the average person.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of these places that we've talked about, what which one's the most haunted?
Speaker 2: What would you say?
Speaker 1: You know, the stupid question, but like what was what which one had the most activity for you?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess I would say overall, I would probably give it to Penhurst, just because it's so it's pretty, it's pretty consistent for the most part, Penhurst, and you have so many people with experiences there, So I'd say Penhurst. But as far as the history goes, like the most haunted just because awful things happen.
Speaker 3: McCormick Farm one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that place is.
Speaker 4: Just a oh my gosh, and nothing can Jack and I talked about this all the time. Nothing can prepare you to be in a space like that because we were you know, we would have our downtime and it's three thousand acres of flat land, and he and I were talking about we'd have these moments between us where we're like, if you were targeted by the mccormicks, if they wanted to kill you, there was there was nothing.
Speaker 2: You can't run anywhere for you.
Speaker 4: They know the property better than you do. They know all the buildings. Nobody would hear you. You could run, but where would where are you running to?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 4: You know, like it's it was. I had never felt like putting yourself in those shoes. I have never felt that amount of hopelessness of my life.
Speaker 2: God, that is really scary. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I drove across the country this pandemic and that I went through so many fields and stuff like that where I'm just like, no one would hear me scream yeah, or no one would see the aliens that would come down and get me. Yeah, especially last year, I'm like, just take me. We don't have to tell anyone. Let's just go. Can I play you some ghost voices? Yes, Okay, it's.
Speaker 2: Time for EVP or EV please this one.
Speaker 1: This first one is from full Moon Paranormal, VA. And it's at the Lake Shawnee Haunted Amusement Park, which you guys did an episode of, which is in Princeton, West Virginia. And tell me what this ghost is saying. Now, this one has a little bit of background noise and it's kind of quiet. But let's see if it works. Oh, here, crickets. It makes me just like want a nice summer night. I can't make pay again.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, I can't make that out because I hear.
Speaker 2: The crickets, I know, But do you hear what they're talking about?
Speaker 4: I think it's like you hear like a noise and then something right after that and then crickets.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It's wait, let me cue it up a little bit because there is a little bit of cricketness before.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is right where the voice is.
Speaker 3: Oh that that thing right in the beginning is the voice.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of like a sentence. It's like, oh, like it's like talking. This is a hard one. Let me try it again one more time.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, got you. Yeah, I hear what they're talking. I can't make that out. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I'll give you some options and then we'll last to it again. It's one of these. Is it A who you call him?
Speaker 2: Mama? Is it B? Have you seen my brother? Is it C? How do I get out of here? Or D? Don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me? Okay, let me hear it again.
Speaker 3: I think I would go with B.
Speaker 2: Have you seen my brother? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean that is what they say, and I actually kind of can't. This is definitely like a headphone's kind of a EVP.
Speaker 2: But let's put again. This is have you seen my brother? Have you seen my brother?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'll give it to him. Okay, here's another one. This is from ghost hunting source on YouTube and it is at a private business in Springfield, Ohio.
Speaker 2: What is this one saying? Again? A little background noise but creepy voice, right, hm.
Speaker 3: Hm an I guess one more time? Mm no, man, I need the multiple choice?
Speaker 2: Okay, is it a murder? Is that B? Let's take a selfie? Is it C? I can't help it? Or D? Being a ghost is exhausting. Here we go.
Speaker 3: What was choice C? Again?
Speaker 2: I can't help it?
Speaker 3: And play it one more time.
Speaker 1: I would say a murder.
Speaker 2: That's what they said. Oh my god, two for two. It's like you're a pro murder. Yeah, that's what it is. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, one more thing. Let me just let's off a bunch of unexplained phenomenas and see if anything comes up for you. Okay, Okay, what are your thoughts? I don't know if I've asked you this before. I don't think I have. Okay, what are your thoughts on something like trolls? Like trolls or goblins or that kind of paranormal thing.
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I hope they are real.
Speaker 4: I think that'd be so fun. But I would have to put them more in like probably like the possibility maybe not there, but I would love for them to be real, do you.
Speaker 2: Okay? What about past lives?
Speaker 3: I think there's something to that now.
Speaker 4: And actually the University of Virginia has a whole department that's like dedicated to this. They have like over twenty five hundred cases of like children that they've looked into, and I have met I actually there was a child I worked with years ago who had past life memories.
Speaker 3: And they had them, I mean since they could talk.
Speaker 2: They were like.
Speaker 4: Three, And I've worked with other people who have worked with them, So I do think there's something to that. But again, is it a thing of like it's actually a past consciousness coming into a present day body and it's the same and then that consciousness becomes your own or is it something where these kids are just really really tuned into the information that's kind of been left behind and they're able to tap into it and they think that's part of who they are. You know, it's hard to say, but the people that I know who have had these experiences or have worked with these people hands on, it really does seem like there's something to it.
Speaker 1: I know, especially those like children that you hear where they're like, oh, they were a like, you know, a pilot in nineteen forty and they like have like and that you find that there's like actually someone that they're actually talking about that's real.
Speaker 2: It's like, how did that happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That stuff trips me out. Yeah what about Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: I go back and forth, but I've met a lot of credible people who believe that they had had an experience with it. One of them is actually my ex's dad. He was living I can't remember he was in Pennsylvania or where he was born at the time, but he claims when he was a kid he saw it, and he's.
Speaker 3: A really credible person.
Speaker 4: He's like a really like straight shooter kind of person, and like he was a kid, so you could maybe put some doubt and is it a child imagination, a child not understanding what they're seeing. Maybe, But with that being said, even just doing this work, I've met a lot of people who claim to have had some sort of experience with something like that. But then you have something like I don't know if you've seen Sasquatch on Hulio have you seen that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, I did that series that came out not that long ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so then and I don't want to spoil it for anybody who hasn't, But it doesn't turn out to be what.
Speaker 3: You think it is, So you know, I don't know. I think you have to take that kind of stuff very cautiously.
Speaker 1: Well, And it's also tough because I feel like it's human nature to be like, no, I know what I saw, and then years go by of telling that story, and then it's like.
Speaker 2: It's hard to accept that it could not be.
Speaker 4: That absolutely, and we also humans, just by nature, we need to have an answer for things that we experience. Right, So we know from a historical context anthropological context that if we don't understand something, we put a supernatural spin on it.
Speaker 2: Hm hmmm, I do. Yeah, Like that was a dmon.
Speaker 1: Okay, a couple. Here's a couple more unexplained phenomenas. What about haunted dolls? Yeah, I you knew Annabelle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have met annabel I would there's I mean, if things can hold energy, then I would say there's a possibility for that.
Speaker 1: What about all these people on eBay that sell them, because you know that's like an obsession of mine is allegedly haunted dolls on eBay? Yeah, do you think that those are real?
Speaker 4: I think I've met people who have had weird experiences with dolls, and I I don't have any reason not to believe those experiences. With that being said, though, I think because it has become such a commodity, there's bound to be people who just make it up sell things.
Speaker 2: Oh totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I am a firm believer that the ones that eBay, most of them are not real. Yeah, just some of these like they make up these backstories and they it's like you find out that they sell like thousands of these. You know, it's like, really you have that many haunted dollars? Yeah, yeah, sure, yeah, I'm so sure. Okay, last one unexplained phenomena. What happened to Coco from the pilot of Golden Girls.
Speaker 3: Coco.
Speaker 4: I think Coco, you know what, Coco probably went on to go open up his own restaurant.
Speaker 1: For anyone that doesn't know the pilot of Golden Girls, would you say that's your favorite TV show?
Speaker 3: It is, yes, hands down.
Speaker 2: In the pilot first episode, the Golden Girls have a gay man that's a like cook that lives in the house with them, and then once like the show got picked up in like the second episode, he's just gone and we never hear about him again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never mentioned him.
Speaker 4: What I go go. I think he opened up his own restaurant and it was like one of the first LGBTQA friendly places in Miami, Like you know, he just like it was just that love environment of everyone's welcome, and I think he became a really successful chef.
Speaker 2: You know, when that Disney movie Coco came out, I was like, finally we're gonna get the answers.
Speaker 1: I love that movie and it's not about that. I guess, Katrina, that's it. Yeah, thank you. We covered a lot of ground here. I love this tradition of having you here. I guess once a year. You yeah, again are the first three Peat guests. I'm so happy you did this.
Speaker 2: Can you just you know, tell people where to find you and what's going on and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you can follow me on social Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. It's at Katrina Widman and that is spelled weid Man and yeah, just gearing up to do something so you can catch up with that on those adventures. Yeah, yeah, but thank you so much for having me again. I am very honored to be your first three pet Ah.
Speaker 2: Thanks for doing it well.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Katrina Widman. Please go check out her TV show Portals to Hell on Discovery Plus now. There are two seasons up and I love it. Of course she hosts that with Jack Osborne, who's also been on this show. So yeah, I like it, I endorse it. Go watch it anyway. Please join my Patreon, Patreon dot com slash rozdres Fales where you can find weekly videos and weekly bonus clips and uh, you know, right now I'm doing a little full length podcast where I'm talking about things that aren't spoogy, so you could check that out there. Also join our Facebook group called Ghosted by Roz dress Fales. It's a great place to leave a ghost story and to talk to the other people that listen to this show. I am on Cameo at rozdres Fales and Instagram at Roz Hernandez. Please rate the show five stars on Apple Podcasts. If you have a ghost story, you could leave it in a five star review and tell your friends about the show. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 2: Came Back.
Speaker 3: Star bands on the podcast a podcast network Mmm