Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you we have a new star.
Speaker 3: A star is born Elan mars Juthan Kennemy.
Speaker 4: He is the Thomas Edison plus plus plus of our age.
Speaker 2: Probably his whole life is from a position of insecurity. I feel for the guys. I would say ninety eight percent really appreciate what he does.
Speaker 5: But those two percent.
Speaker 2: That are nasty, they are out pay in four post.
Speaker 6: We were meant for great things in the United States of America, and Elon reminds.
Speaker 3: Us of that.
Speaker 2: I'm very disappointed in Elan.
Speaker 7: I've helped Elan a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, Elan, in listeners, our time together has come to an end. You know, we woke up the other day and realized that Musk had, for a few minutes at the least, lost his claim the world's richest person, and just all the hell with it. We don't do no shows around here about no second rate billionaires. What do you think this is? It's numeral uno or nada. We're done. Okay, So the actual story here is a little different than that, and Elon inc to be clear, isn't totally going away. It's just getting folded into our fantastic brand new show here, Everybody's Business, co hosted by Elon Inc's very own Max Chafkin. Now, Max, tell them how it's gonna work.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, just as Tesla acquired Solar City and in doing so incorporated the mission of Solar City and bailed it out Everybody's Business we were in Solar City, we have this new show, Everybody's Business, that, like you said, David, I'm co hosting and try to bring a lot of the same spirit that we had in Elon Inc. In terms of both like journalistic rigor as well as like real talk, like talking about the business world has it actually is with some of the sparts people we know, and you know, all of our elon Ink panelists, including the ones we are going to be on the show today, are are on Everybody's Business. We're going to keep talking about these issues. And I really hope that the Elon Inc. Nation this, the listeners of this show who have been so enthusiastic and loyal through our you know, capers and and and some of the silliness that we made up with you will We'll come on over and join us over at the Everybody's Business feed and keep talking to us keep sending and others involved in the show emails.
Speaker 2: It's going to be amazing. And of course Bloomberg readers will continue to get all the great coverage that our ACE journalists delivered day in and day out, Max, Dana Hull, Kurt Wagner, Sarah Fryer and many more. And for our final show, we've assembled those stars. We get the whole band together here, Dana, Kurt, Sarah, Max, Welcome to you all.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having us. David, thank you, Kurt say, I'm gonna thank you, I think, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's my turn.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna miss hanging out with you guys every Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Boring, yes we are as well, but that's why we're going out with the bang here, Dan and So, Okay, what we're gonna do is a little bit of a look back at the wildest moments in Elon during these past two years we've been airing the show. And then I look forward full of brilliant and I highlight brilliant zany predictions to give you all a bit of a north star to guide you in lieu of this steady weekly fix. Okay, So looking back, Okay, looking back, it's been Max, it's been like, like get just about two years twenty two months, there's been a lot of wild stuff. What is your wildest moment in the land of Elon past two years?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 3: I think it was when he imploded in his role in the Trump administration, the exit from Doge, the going out with a bang, the decision not only to leave, but to leave by calling for the impeachment of the President of the United States, accusing him the President of the United States again of unspeakable crimes after just a couple months earlier, wearing a hat that said Trump was right about everything.
Speaker 2: It was amazing that had she had just simply been like Trump was right about open priends mostly.
Speaker 3: I mean it just as far as like political feuds. We've had a feud watch on this show many times. That was obviously the Elon feud to end all feuds. I think it remains the Elon feud to.
Speaker 2: End all feuds.
Speaker 3: We could talk about that when we go look forward, but maybe of all feuds in all of history, that's pretty high up, well, at.
Speaker 2: Least in that short span of time. As far as social media, Yeah, drag him out, sock them out. You af you I'm going to kill you. No, I'm going to kill you. Yeah, that would rank pretty high before I turned it over to the rest of our star studied cast. Here we actually also we got from some friends of the show. We had them send in their recollections of the wildest moments of the past few years. Let's listen to a couple of them.
Speaker 8: I think the most noteworthy Elon's story stems from his support of President Trump, his role in getting President Trump re elected as President of the United States of America. That bromance parlaying into Doge.
Speaker 9: The craziest Elon moment wasn't even a real Elon moment. It was an Elon inc moment when someone pitched the idea that X was being used for pornography.
Speaker 5: I think it still has to be the Nazi salute.
Speaker 10: I've got to go back to the very first month of this podcast. November three, Elon sat down with Andrew Ross Sorkin at the New York Times Deal Book Summit. When he brings up Bob Eiger, Musk snapped he literally with his chests. I hope they stop, don't advertise, and Musk defiantly says GFY. This is a family show after all.
Speaker 2: Okay, so those were in order. Joel Weber, Brendan Newnham, Raihan Harmansi, who, by the way, back when she was an employee here had the idea for this very show, and Craig Trudell. Now we should note that there's been much debate about the stiff Musk arm rais and whether it was truly a Nazi salute or just an awkward gesture from an awkward guy. Musk, for his part, dismisses the criticism as absurd. Dan, you'll give us your highlight or two over the past couple of years, but before you do, give us your thoughts on what we just heard from our friends there.
Speaker 4: Well, these are all great examples, and I think one thing to remember is that Elon Musk speaks more than any other c and corporate America. I mean, the guy is super overexposed. I'm kind of surprised that nobody mentioned him wielding a chainsaw on stage at Seapack. That was another moment. But but to Max's point, like the whole narrative arc of his politics from barnstorming across the state of Pennsylvania to Inauguration day to then like exiting the White House with a black eye. I mean it's like so cinematic almost, and it's very Shakespearean, and I mean we could just go on.
Speaker 3: And on and on.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny Max listening to what our friends had to say. Brendan Newnham was number two. Brendan's remembering a very funny.
Speaker 3: That he acted like that didn't happen in real life, Like that that was a real okay, that happened in the world. People. There's a lot of porn on ends.
Speaker 2: That Rayhan was full of.
Speaker 3: Does he really he does?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have an expert here on said platform, Sarah Friar. Actually we have two, both Sarah and Kurt. Is porn a huge thing on x or, as Brendan says, was it wildly overstated by our good friend Rayana Harmanci.
Speaker 6: I mean, didn't Elon just basically roll out a chatbot that will talk dirty to people? I mean this is I feel like this is pretty widely understood that if you want to find porn on x it is not hard to find. I think is maybe the short, short version.
Speaker 3: I see you guys, Sarah and kurtin I'm sure Dan, I have had the experience of, like maybe a couple of years ago when there was when it was really out of control where you'd be like looking for some Elon tweet at the office and then it is and then just be confronted or with something horrible just to see.
Speaker 7: It not just porn, it's like blatant racism, images from lynchings that like, it just it's gotten.
Speaker 2: Really dark on X Sarah, what was your biggest surprise, your biggest or your wildest moment these past two years?
Speaker 7: I mean Max to the took the best one, but that was just such a vivid memory for me because we were having our our tech conference, so we had all of these executives that were giving these really you know, brilliant interviews on stage and I just couldn't stop looking at my phone. I feel bad about that, but like you know, Kurt and I were sitting next to each other and.
Speaker 11: We were just like, did he just say he's going to cancel those all the contracts with SpaceX? Like did he just say that he's that Trump's name is in the Epstein files. We were just like, what is going on? Like these guys were tight and now the blow up is aligned with their their way of behaving on it. I mean they're very similar Trump and Musk, and that they do a lot of their their grievances out in the open, and that's how they get things done.
Speaker 7: And to see that happen actually way later than a lot of us predicted it would.
Speaker 2: Right, It just it just took a while to to fester. I believe we have more audio clips from friends of the show giving us their highlights these past two years.
Speaker 12: The craziest most noteworthy thing Elon did, at least in my world of Washington, d C. Was last summer when he got into a physical altercation with Scott Bessett, the Treasury Secretary of all people.
Speaker 1: Remember like a year or two ago, when Elon kept promoting all these picturesque images and artwork own X, maybe with landscapes, maybe a beautiful bed, some flowers. To me, it was just such a stark reminder that among all these global stakes, there's a human inside this story.
Speaker 5: One day, Elon was going on a tirade on X and then basically said we need to get rid of the International Space Station, and that had a lot of reverberations throughout the space on the street. So yeah, those were some big unexpected moments.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that was in order. Josh Green fellow con College alone Magnus Henrickson, our supervising producer, making his on air debut on the last show, Max Deep cut there from Man and that I went on and on and notice how Man I remember it didn't cut back his own.
Speaker 3: Vividly and super fans of the show will remember on our second end of the Year special, it might have been the second episode of the second end of the year special, says you remember, David, you were not making these. You were on vacations, enjoying your holidays. But the rest of us here were Those were two parts. Anyway, we had some fun talking about these, like beautiful I guess maybe possibly AI generated or AI slop type room scapes or whatever. We're like, Eli.
Speaker 2: It seemed to make an to really have an impact on Max.
Speaker 3: Elon would like spend like three hundred and and sixty three days out of the year just posting the most provocative stuff you could possibly imagine on X and like two days out of the year, would say to himself, wait a minute, wait a minute, like have I gone too far? Maybe I should just put a like beautiful room here and encourage people to post more nice things. And I don't know, Yeah, it was very funny. I agree that that was.
Speaker 2: A good one, and it's all Magnus seems to have remembered, so apparently mister musket worked. The other person we heard from there in the end talking about space and SpaceX was Lauren Grush Kurt Wagner. What say you your wildest favoritestest moment these past two years?
Speaker 6: Well, since I'm going like twentieth on the list, my top two and they go in order. The breakup was number one, Max is correct. The GFY on stage in New York, I think was number two. But I'm shocked no one has said the third most surprising, which is Everything's computer. Do you remember when the White House was turned into a Tesla showroom and the President of the United States like was selling America Tesla's from the lawn of the White House. That was a pretty crazy moment. And I think what made it so like interesting was also just the visual of it, Like it wasn't just he said or tweeted something. It was like we saw them standing there with the cars on the White House lawn, and I think, you know, I had to go to number three on my list because you know, someone didn't call me in time.
Speaker 2: But I knew, I was confident. You're a resourceful sort, and I knew you'd have you know, many many possibles. I will go dead last. And I will also, without pouting about it, Kurt, I will piggyback on others, especially Dana, and say, yeah, just his stage presence in general. Not only was the chainsaw one in the screaming of chain saw chainsaw as he as he swung the chainsaw around, but then the jumping around. Remember there was that Pennsylvania dance he did little I just didn't know what to do with. I still don't know what to do with that.
Speaker 3: I took the most obvious one. And and and I kind of because you know, there so much has happened over the last year, and I was thinking, as I was listening to everybody else, give there is like one thing that made this show sort of hard to make and and maybe interesting is that maybe maybe Elon for most of his career was very very successful and the last two years have not been the most successful time of Elon's career. I mean, besides the election of Donald Trump. It's been actually pretty hard to find like real, I don't know, like I guess.
Speaker 2: We've had from beyond from a monetary.
Speaker 3: No even monetarily, the stock is flat basic. I mean, the stock hasn't gone up that much, Like I don't know, like you go back to it's like basically a stock price today as we record, this is about where it was what at the end of Dani will know better than me, but like end of twenty one or early twenty two, Like it's a long We've had a long period between drinks between yeah, and and like I guess he did like put a chip in someone's brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and I want to say, you is Max right about this? Is he in a funk over there?
Speaker 4: I mean, so the Model Why was the best selling car in the world in twenty twenty three, sold over like one point two million units. That was like the peak of Tesla as a car company. But since then, yeah, like they're losing market share byd is taking over the world. The stock is down from its peak right before the election. I mean, I think that, Like the other sub narrative is like Elon is bored of making cars and he's completely pivoted his entire company, which has factories on three continents, from making cars to making robots and being an AI company. Like that's like a huge narrative shift that the communication has been super weird about and that investors seem to be buying, but like this is fundamentally a different company now.
Speaker 7: I mean, another really weird thing that happened this year is he found a way to pay off all his dat holders for buying Twitter. Like I didn't think that would happen. I didn't think he would actually make them whole in a short enough period of time. But he found a way for XAI to swallow x and turn it into something that was valued highly, so that, you know, to his credit worked out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the evaluation of his private companies continues skywreck at. I mean, SpaceX is a highly valuable company, and so I see your point, Max, But I still think that, you know, he's still the richest person in the world. He's still incredibly powerful. His empire is expanding. I mean, they've got this data center in Memphis. They're going to build stuff in Houston. Like his tentacles are continuing to spread throughout the energy infrastructure of the United state dates and as AI becomes a bigger thing, you're gonna see Tesla selling its megapax to AI companies. I mean the whole thesis of the show, which is that it's not just Tesla or X or SpaceX, it's it's Elon Inc. Is still very valid and stronger than ever.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is good because we're starting Dana is starting to tip us into the future, into what's to come here, So why don't we across the board here all tell our listeners what what you guys think are the biggest or the biggest Elon's story event slash storyline that you will be following going forward. In other words, I guess if you had to think about it, it would be as goes X, not the company X. Sorry, as goes fill in the blank, Comma, so too goes Elon Inc. Max will start with you no, no, no, no way, and we're not gonna start with Matt Yeah, Kurt exactly.
Speaker 6: I don't know how far the future we're allowed to go, and I don't know how cheesy we're allowed to be. Genuine great, My genuine answer is sending a human to Mars, like we've been talking about it for you know whatever, a decade plus, probably more than that.
Speaker 2: For for Elon, you've got a year, Wagner.
Speaker 3: What's your Yeah, give us a date on that one.
Speaker 2: Oh, what is it?
Speaker 6: It is twenty twenty five? Checking, it's like the oldest that was, like the old man thing.
Speaker 2: I just did what.
Speaker 6: I think we're another seven years away, No, ten years away. I'm gonna say twenty thirty five, okay.
Speaker 2: And I would say if that happens, yes, the Elonian Empire, wouldn't that be crazy?
Speaker 6: I mean we've been talking about it forever, and and part of why I like it is it's one of the very few things Elon touches that I think people a broad spectrum of people are interested in and excited about, which is the idea of doing something in space that has never been done before. It is not controversial in the way almost everything else he does is. And so for me, I think that will be a fun moment if it actually happens, because I think people who don't like Elon will be rallied behind the effort.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 7: I feel like I disagree that it's not controversial though, Like people are really pissed off. Yeah, they're like they're like, you're spending all these natural resources on sending us to Mars when like, there's so much to fix about our current planet.
Speaker 2: Don't give up on this planet yet. Stick with this planet, invest in it before you are ready to hop scotch over to another.
Speaker 7: The idea of being a multiplanetary species, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So that's me there you go, all right?
Speaker 2: So Sarah Fryar, what say you?
Speaker 7: I mean, the thing I'm really just thinking is going to drive so much in the next few years is this rivalry with Sam Almon and open Ai and the idea that Musk is just going to do whatever he can to capture that success for himself and exceed it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: So he's got the lawsuit, he's got the data centers, he's got the plan for Tesla to invest in XAI, he's got all of these irons in the fire that are aimed at overtaking. He's got Grock. So I think that that's going to be like a driving force for him, and we've seen it already affect so much of his behavior. But the idea that he like left open AI and then it became so successful, I think really eats at him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I guess that's right. I mean, Max, if you think about the whole way he is in tipping Tesla to the direction he's tipping it is indeed, part of it feels like at some level in part fueled by this beef with Altman.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wonder how when the Ai bubble bursts, whether it's a bubble, or whether this kind of period of exuberance just sort of fizzles a little bit, Like how that is going to impact Elon's empire because he is really really Sarah's hinting at it right, like he is really heavily met on this, on this thing continuing, and so because and you could see it in the valuation of x Ai, you can see it in the valuation of Tesla, and the way he's he's sort of pivoting Tesla, and in the and in this sort of echo that that happens on the stock market where like Tesla's you know, wildly overvalued relative to its business, Like that has been a thing that we have sort of talked about over and over again on this podcast. And if if for some reason that changed then, or even if it even if it were valued a little bit differently, that would be kind of like a catastrophic thing for to happen to Elon, Like it wouldn't. It's not like it would bankrupt him. It's not like it would take away the car sales. It's not like it would take away any of these achievements. But it would put him in a very very different position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would certainly make the pivot to AI going all in on AI feel like.
Speaker 7: You can certainly be less rich than Larry Ellison at that point.
Speaker 3: But Larry Ellison's well, wood fall too would fall too, right.
Speaker 7: Well, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 2: Who does that? Then? That brings up I don't know. I don't know that whoever that person is that goes to number one, that's that'll be the next show that the Walton's coming back Walmart Inc. Dana guide us. What's your thought?
Speaker 4: I mean, the next decade of ELIN is going to be super interesting because now you know, Tesla's board has proposed this incredible you know, mars shot pay package to keep him focused on hitting all of these like sort of AI goals and making it an eight point five trillion dollar company. And ten years from now, Elon Musk will be like sixty four sixty five, like like we have to sort of like think about the secession plan for his companies whenever he decides to hand over the reins. So I think that's like a super interesting storyline. And then like his personal life, I think is still an endless source of decination. Like one of the big reveals of the past year was that Ashley Saint Clair revealed that she had also had a child with Elon Musk. So that makes fourteen that we know of. And you know, between his businesses, his involvement in national politics, and also his sort of like obsession with declining birth rates and fertility, Like I still am just super interested in that, Like what is he doing on that from a business perspective? Like is he investing in fertility startups or IVF centers? Like he's got to be doing something beyond just per creating himself. That's my suspicion, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Dana, And you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, But I'm curious what you think the real number is. So, like we know of fourteen, do you is it double? Is it triple? Is it? Do we need a third digit to express that number?
Speaker 4: Is he like an anonymous sperm donor like there was something about a Japanese pop star at some point.
Speaker 7: I really don't know.
Speaker 2: That's right. It's your turn, mister Chaffkin. What you got.
Speaker 3: Can I react to something Kurt said first before I give mine yes, which is committed? I agree, like a person going to Mars would be an amazing achievement. And I think and when Kurt first said it, I was like, oh, come on bike, Because Elon has said we're going to send somebody like in two years or something. He's given these ridiculously optimistic goals, and I think ten years is probably like a more plausible suggestion, maybe even a little longer. But I want to just say, like, that's not going to be just Elon Musk's achievement. Like Elon Musk may play a role in that story, and if that story happens, he will likely play a role, but he won't be the only player in that story. It's going to be an achievement for the United States and for humanity. And I think people sometimes make mistakes when they give Elon credit for things that aren't totally his doing, right, like this is and I think this has come up a lot in the SpaceX story. There's a lot to talk about how SpaceX is the only like it's like SpaceX versus NASA, which kind of alides the fact that SpaceX is a NASA contractor that some NASA administrator was like, Hey, it would be a really good idea to fund this company to provide commercial transport, and it also alides all the other players in this value chain, and so just wanted to put that out there. I just feel like sometimes we buy into this narrative like Elon is like the sole actor moving us to Mars, and it's like, yeah, yeah. The other thing I want to say is I.
Speaker 2: So, Kurt, that was laying man, That's what Max is telling you.
Speaker 7: It was a question the opposite.
Speaker 6: I thought he was just validating my wonderful preception.
Speaker 2: So thank you, Max. What do you got? What are you expecting? What are you closely watching? With baited breath?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Politics and Elon's continued political engagement. I think, Uh, this is a huge question. There's a line in the Tesla proxy that says he's going to wind down his political activities. Bloomberg TV just had an interview with Robin Denholm, where our colleague and friend of the podcast ed Ludlow asked, or maybe it was Caroline Hyde, Ed's co host, what do you mean by wind down? And she just didn't answer the question because and effectively indicated that they consider donating talking about politics, maybe even engaging in like a political party, to be his personal political activities. I would guess that his personal political activities will be like the defining story of not just Elon world, but of all of Republican politics and maybe all of national politics.
Speaker 2: If it goes, if it goes sideways on him, does it threaten to derail the empire, the Musk Empire?
Speaker 3: No, I mean, what do you mean derail the musket.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like sink it, you know, sink its value towards zero.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got a lot of money to spend it on politics, So like, I'm not really sure like.
Speaker 2: What I'm getting. Like, So, for instance, right now, when you guys talk about the lapse in the fundamentals of Tesla, one of the big drivers of the collapse of the fundamentals in Tesla is he is now alienated. Oh, I don't know, with his politics, he's alienated maybe sixty or seventy percent of his potential buyer base.
Speaker 3: Or I think, like Dana has said a bunch of times, he's moving on from the car business. So yes, he's he's alienated his basically customers.
Speaker 2: He needs political modes, he needs become a business that have still as a meme stock.
Speaker 3: Now, So like when we talk about the value of Tesla, we're saying, like, at what point were these shareholders decide that they don't like it anymore? And I feel very I would not feel confident predicting that the stock's that's cool, you know what I'm saying, Well, that's.
Speaker 2: Cool, but like it is worth near it is worth more than a trillion dollars, And I would just say that at some point it's possible that if the financials in the short term collapse to an extent that like, oh my god, you know we're cash flow negative again. I know, you could get a holy crap moment. I'm not predicting all.
Speaker 3: Of the thing is, I think Elon has enough juice within the conservative movement and enough money that he's not going to be on an island by himself. He has an important ally in Vice President j. D. Vance, he has important allies in the Republican Party. It's true that he and Trump don't have a good relationship, but I would be really, really, really surprised if he is not a factor in Republican politics in the midterm and in the next presidential election.
Speaker 4: I think the mistake that people make about Elon is time and again people think, Okay, this is it, this is going to be the downfall of Elon Musk. But he is too big to fail. He has a wide ranging empire, with installations in several congressional districts. He has lucrative government contracts. He is deeply embedded in several different industries, and the car business is only one of them. I mean, for all of the consternation about his involvement in politics, like the company is still worth over trillion dollars, like it does it, Like yes, it has impacted sales, but it has not impacted him in the eyes of investors. And there is a sloop of you know, Wall Street investment banks and analysts and Musk, and like time it again, they will make fees working with this guy, and he is brilliant at raising money, and like people want to invest in him, like they will invest in whatever he wants to do.
Speaker 2: I would say, Dana, that absolutely you were ahead of that and saying this guy, it's less like, it's far less likely that he will he will blow up years ago, when many others were saying he would. My issue is, I think nobody's saying that now. And maybe that's right. Maybe he is too big, and maybe that is right. I just don't know that just given the nature of how divisive he is and how given how many plates he's got in the air and this and that, I just think it's still an open ending question. And given how he has alienated a huge part of his of his customer base. And maybe you're right, Max, maybe all of his future businesses are totally shielded from this. Maybe his future your businesses. Whether or not he's alienated a customer base, maybe that doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I mean, you obviously become bias based on what you've seen and having seen as we have Elon survive scandal after scandal after scandal, what's going to do him? So like, obviously Elon's empire could go and decline. It maybe already is in decline. I think there's a chance you look at you.
Speaker 2: You were sort of arguing that yourself.
Speaker 3: You look back, I think there's a chance, like we look back twenty years from now and we say, yep, this was the moment when when he started.
Speaker 7: I think that's a good question, Like has Elon peaked? I think we were like looking at this, you know, this podcast ending and it's like, well, this was the year that Elon was the quote unquote shadow president, right. He he got as close to geopolitical peak of power as you can get without actually being president. And that's over. So has his influence peaked? I guess maybe not like his I think his businesses have lots of second lives. But has his influence on the geopolitical order peaked? Maybe it has, Maybe it's just the beginning. Maybe Elon Musk continues internationally, makes big change in Europe. We don't know.
Speaker 2: Before we go to the more concrete predictions part of the show, I will just say one thing looking back, I will pivot back. Now we would not be talking about Elon Mustard. He would be a nobody if interest rates in this country weren't zero for the better part of the past twenty years. That is also an enormous thing that helped him survive that whole time. If interest rates weren't zero in money, an insane amounts of money weren't slashing around the global economy and in the US economy and the US financial system, he wouldn't have gotten those much needed injections of cash, and he and his companies were like razor close to going under. That's my hot all right. We have from our good friends. We have some concrete, tangible predictions here. They are let's listen.
Speaker 8: As much as he wants to stay away from politics, I think it is like a moth to a flame. They don't think he's totally done with politics.
Speaker 5: There's this big push for NASA to beat the Chinese government to the moon, and so is there going to be some kind of I guess division between NASA and SpaceX if it's taking too long. So how will that affect the NASA and SpaceX relationship going forward?
Speaker 1: In the next five years, el and the grandfather will be kind of a reminder of him growing older. So I wouldn't be surprised if we see, you know, Elan and inconvertible.
Speaker 2: That's what I think is going to happen.
Speaker 9: I think in the next couple of years, Elon is going to become Christian. I'm using air quotes. He keeps tracking far right. JD Vance, late blooming Catholic Russell Brand got baptized. But that's my prediction.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk Christian I have a feeling that the craziest thing that will happen to Elon's future is on the social media platform he owns.
Speaker 3: I think he's going to start to lose followers.
Speaker 12: I think the natural thing for Elon is that he's going to have to pick a fight with a new high profile nemesis. And the guy that seems most obvious to me would be Sam Altman. This is the Elon story that will keep us all riveted and watching and reading and podcasting about Elon in the year ahead.
Speaker 10: I think we're in for another X post that causes a you have said the actual truth level uproar or worse. Elon has just been getting darker and darker on X of late, and I can see Musk in his words, uttering something that is a new, worst and dumbest post that he's ever done.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was in order again. Joel Weber, Lauren Grush, the Great Magnus Henrickson, Brendan Newnham, Rayjan Harmanci, Josh Green, Craig Trudell Sarah, Josh, there was on your Sam Altman feud. Everyone's getting hyped up about this. This is gonna happen, isn't it.
Speaker 7: It is happening. It's happening right now.
Speaker 2: It is happening the actual cage match Man Max in an actual cage match. Alan doesn't matter. He's a small guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know. The one thing I'll say is he is. He does seem to have some agility, so that could give him.
Speaker 2: He's nimble, he's nimble. It would give him an advantage. He could run circles around around Musk. Before I press you guys for predictions on a couple specific things, any other reactions to our Those are some lame predictions.
Speaker 3: That's my reaction.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, well, you don't like Magnus's prediction.
Speaker 3: And they've already they've all, like all, every single one of them have already happened. I thinks is a Christian Elon sells or I mean he has sold in the past a convertible. I'm sure he owns their must.
Speaker 2: Becoming a Christian.
Speaker 3: I don't know. He tweets about Christianity all the time. Sam Almon feud is going on right now like I want some real predictions from this crew. Actually, Rayhon had a good bold one, which was that he would lose Twitter followers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, the rest of you, guys, Weber, Rush, Hendricks and Nunam Hermansi, Green Trudell, you all suck, says Mac. Last question here, last question that you'll ever be asked on the Elon Show as Elon goes away. But Elon himself, of course, until he may leave this earth, keeps doing his thing. So my question for all of you is, tell me what the next company is that he found. Kurt, start with you, give us, give me your best answer, don't think too much about it. And Kirk, because you're always crying that we go to you last night, we'll go to you first again. Let's go if and when Musk dials up a new company, what is it? What's the new company? What's the business?
Speaker 6: Come on, I'm gonna piggyback on Dana and say something to do with fertility and birth rates. So I don't know if it'll be science based or what, but it'll have to do with more people having more kids.
Speaker 3: It's like a birth control pill that doesn't work is gonna be I've got one.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's always talked about how candy bar suck, Like why isn't there a new candy bar? Like why are we suck with Snickers? You know, Snickers and movie way, Like, He's often intimated that there should be like a new a new kind of candy.
Speaker 2: Do we think that's right? Do we think Snicker sucks?
Speaker 3: No, Snickers is like undeniably the best candy bar.
Speaker 6: Right, He's the new Willy Wantka.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, these are not crap that that that our friends send us. Okay, so we've got we've got a sex fertility robot.
Speaker 3: Fertility.
Speaker 2: I think I feel like there's gonna be a robot that's gonna make this happen. We've got a candy bar, Sarah, what do you got?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna I'm gonna piggyback on what Kurt said and say that he's going to try to make the Optimist robots be able to carry children.
Speaker 4: What if there's an Optimist neural link kind of tie in and like there's some kind of way to program it to breed, right, all right?
Speaker 6: I thought I had a pretty reasonable like fertility thing which is now quickly turned into sex robots. So I just want to point out that my original prediction.
Speaker 7: He's very into like outsourcing the creation of children.
Speaker 3: Elon is pretty much said he's going to develop sex robots, right, I mean, he's he's.
Speaker 2: Like everything everybody says. Max's answers, she's already said that, he's already done. What do you got.
Speaker 3: My prediction is that in uh January twenty thirty one, Elon Musk will be inaugurated as the next governor of Texas.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a that's not a come. It's a gotta company. But it's all right, we'll it, We'll let it go. And and he is, of course legally allowed to run.
Speaker 3: Right And I think, I mean so obviously when you get somebody like Elon Musk, rich guy, loves to be in politics, likes to be at the center of things, there's often speculation about a run for president. I guess never discount it, right, He's he's attempted crazy year things in the past. Maybe, But I kind of think being governor is fun. It's probably more fun than being president. He lives in Texas, it's a conservative state. He's one of the most famous people like it in the worldly. I guarantee you there are political consultants who have contemplated this already. I don't know, I could kind of see it like like Schwarzenegger basically.
Speaker 2: But but Elon right, very good. We are adjourned for the last time, and let's get this right. As I say goodbye to everybody, Sarah, Dana, Kurt, Max, it's been a pleasure, great to be here.
Speaker 6: It's been a ride.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, see you on everybody's business.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to check on those predictions, yes, in a few years.
Speaker 2: This episode was produced by Stacy Wang and edited by Annamasarrakas. Our supervising producer, as always, was Magnus Hendrickson. The Elon Inc. Theme was written and performed by Taka Yasuzawa and Alex Sugiurra Blake Maple's handled engineering, and Dave Purcell fact checked. And I want to extend a big, big thanks to all of them and everyone else who worked hard behind the scenes to make the show go these past two years. Elon Inc. Out tasty, ste