Speaker 1: First Date follow Up Howard by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Adjocuslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Bailey is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Sean. So in a few minutes so we'll call him and see if hotels why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Bailey, how long has it been since you heard from Sean?
Speaker 3: Hi? Yeah, it's been two weeks.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, a long time.
Speaker 5: Have you tried to talk to them?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I mean he's only at the end of the day when he kissed my cheek, he said, I'll call you, and you know, I really like menu follow up and keep your word. So I was really trying to give him that chance. In the first week, I wasn't worried because people get busy with work. But now it's been two weeks, so I do feel like he's forgotten about me or something.
Speaker 5: I get that.
Speaker 7: How is the date?
Speaker 5: Why don't you tell us about that and how you met him?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I matched with him on Hinge and he actually reached out because he saw that I went to high school was one of his college buddies, So I thought that that was kind of like a quirky little connection. And and and he's not like my usual type because he's not like a ten out of ten or anything. But he has a really sweet face, okay, and he was funny and the messages, you know, so I gave him a chance. I was like, you know, obviously not working what I'm doing, so I'm gonna I'm gonna try this. But the date was it was actually really lovely. It was it was three hours long on a on a Thursday. So I thought that everything was like really good signs. But he he asked me out to you know, Stay restaurant. It was so good.
Speaker 7: It was so good.
Speaker 3: It was like fancy. So we like the dressed up and we made it real cute and he was a total gentleman, Like as soon as I got out of my car, he was like there, he opened doors for me. It was it was, it was, It was perfect. And I'm actually surprised by how much I liked him because because yeah, like I said, he's not in my normal type, Like I haven't felt this kind of potential in such a long time. Because he's patient and he's kind I guess I'm just I'm just like scared that maybe he thinks I'm high maintenance for something.
Speaker 4: Is there a reason that he would think that.
Speaker 3: Well, like when the steak came out, like I ordered rare because I know how to order steak obviously, and it came back, it came back in medium rare, and normally, like I wouldn't have made such a big deal about it, but like it's it's a fancy stake like restaurant. They should like know the difference between those things. So so I apologize, and you know, I explained how you know, stake is supposed to be rare, and I told I told Tom that too, and he he just he was again a gentleman, so he waited until my new steak came out, so I'm sure his must have been kind of cold by the time we ate, And I tried to tell him to you know, eat his, but he, you know insisted. But like, I don't know, I probably should have just eaten it. I kind of feel dumb. I should have eaten a maybroom rele It's like it's not the end of the world. It's not like they smother didn't catch up or something.
Speaker 7: But it's a good steak.
Speaker 3: It's it's how it should be eaten. And yeah, I don't know. I mean because he ordered his medium, but I wasn't judging, you know, like I really hope he wasn't. He didn't think I was judging, even though he did it wrong. But it's fine. Okay, how did you ask Bailey?
Speaker 1: I think maybe it's not high maintenance, like to you know, get your meal right. Everybody wants that, especially if you're spending a lot of money at a restaurant. But if you're just like, excuse me, Gasson, can you fix my stake? I could see that that was a problem. Or were you nice about it?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, I I think I'm always nice. Yeah. I just politely said this wasn't you know what I ordered? And I asked for a new one with a smile, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you weren't rude to the weight staff or anything.
Speaker 7: Oh no, absolutely not.
Speaker 5: Didn't tell the medium is just not the way to order it.
Speaker 7: Oh no, that was to Sean.
Speaker 5: That was Sean.
Speaker 4: Any other things that you can think of that might be a reason he might.
Speaker 3: Not call you back, honestly, No, I mean, like the conversation stalled a few times that I you know, I just I can talk.
Speaker 5: So that was fine, Okay, pretty normal, especially on a first eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see if we can figure it out.
Speaker 2: For you'll play a song come back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another date.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yep, play song, come back, and get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of your first day follow up if you're just joining us, Bailey is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Sean. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Bailey, why don't you catch us up on your situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I met Sean on Hinge. We had a lovely three hour date. He told me he'd call me at the end, and I have not heard from him since.
Speaker 4: And you think it might be because of your steak.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it might be because I ordered my steak prayer and I got it back a medium Mariyer, and I just wanted a new one.
Speaker 4: But did you didn't freak out about it though?
Speaker 7: I did not.
Speaker 3: I did not freak out. I was perfectly calm and collection.
Speaker 5: But you did mention that Sean ordered his medium and that wasn't right.
Speaker 1: That was true?
Speaker 4: That all right?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Were you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go. Hell, Hi, man, I speak to Sean please.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sean?
Speaker 4: Hey man, how are you? My name is Jewbell. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jewbil Show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Sean, I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 7: Hey. Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 4: Not much? Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 7: Yeah, a little bit? Actually what we What is it about? Though?
Speaker 2: Well, we do a segment on the show called the First Dight follow Up where if you go out on a date with somebody and then ended up ghosting them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so somebody emailed us about you.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I have a feeling. I know where this is going.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, who do you think it is?
Speaker 7: Is it Bailey?
Speaker 4: Yes? It is Bailey. Do you want to tell us why your ghost and?
Speaker 7: Bailey? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, I'm gonna get I'll get into it. I'm a little disappointed. I had to ghost. See, Like, in my mind, I thought that she was gonna be great. I thought the date was gonna be great. You know, we had like some mutual friends in common. But when we got there, she she started nippicking and everything, and I thought it was a little cute at first, and then it got to be a little too much, you know.
Speaker 5: Like, what was she what was she nitpicking a man like everything?
Speaker 6: But okay, so we sit down and the first thing she did was like refold the skins, and you know, that's one of the things that I was like, Oh, that's kind of cute. That's the skill and maybe like a little neurotypins.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, refolded the napkins.
Speaker 5: That is a skill.
Speaker 6: Though it's a skill, I get it, but it's also like, you're about to use that napkin.
Speaker 7: I was like, you're a little quirky. That's cool.
Speaker 6: I like quirkiness. And then it started to get a little weird because she kept asking the server to turn the piano off like down. First, it was like, hey, excuse me, the music's a little loud, can you turn down? And the server was like, it was a piano, it's a piano.
Speaker 7: It's not possible.
Speaker 6: Honestly, in my mind, it wasn't even that loud, but I was like, clerk whatever. And ten minutes later she asked the same question, like can you turn the piano down a little? And the same server and he looks at me like what's going on here? And Alter, it's the same thing. It's a piano. We can't turn it down. Sorry for your inconvenience. And then she told him about how she had them growing up and there was a way that they had to it so it wasn't loud, or maybe they should throw a blanket over it so noise won't come off, Like what.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this is just really loud for her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's also like, who done?
Speaker 1: I have never really had anybody ask the piano to be turned out before, but you know, I haven't heard either. No, okay, so what are you doing while she's asking the server to throw a blanket over a piano?
Speaker 6: I'm really embarrassed at this point because, uh, and because it's a little.
Speaker 7: Weird, because I've never been in a situation like that.
Speaker 6: You know, we're in their establishment anyway, So I stepped in and like changed the subject a little bit, and then I realized maybe she doesn't like loud music.
Speaker 7: Like loud music, but this wasn't an e DM concert.
Speaker 6: It was a restaurant with a piano and it's on the other side of the building.
Speaker 7: Too, so it wasn't even close to us.
Speaker 5: Did she did she tell you that she was sensitive to noises?
Speaker 6: No? No, And she didn't seem bothered by it until just like a server came around and then she like flips switched and it was a little weird.
Speaker 7: It's weird to me, but too nice.
Speaker 6: Two nice girl, but you know that kind of intensity and nippickina, it's a little bit.
Speaker 7: Too much for me.
Speaker 2: So basically thought you was h main, that's your words. Now mind all right, Well, thank you for telling us, Sean. Now I'll let you know that Bailey is on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, I.
Speaker 3: Knew it was a really big red flag actually that he ordered his stay the medium, Like no real men would do that. You think I'm too intense?
Speaker 7: Really is that what you're going with? Hey, you're you're you're particular, which is fine, you know.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, well I actually like men who like women who know what they want. So if you want some wishy washy chick, maybe you should date someone young twenties instead of someone who's established in thirty. Wait what, well, he clearly doesn't like a girl who knows what she wants. So you know you're not even really a tense like I gave you a chance. Dude, have you seen me.
Speaker 6: Ouch one coming after me like totally not cool in front of like a live, live audience.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you just said that I was intense and nitpicky and high maintenance.
Speaker 7: You agreed, So you're getting so you're coming at me at my look because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're also a liar because you said you'd call, Like, why don't you just say, hey, you know what, Just like you said, I know what I want, I'm going to tell you what I want. Why do you lie to me? Like that's such a sad moves like it makes sense that you have a purse puppy instead of a real dog.
Speaker 6: Hey, you can talk whatever you want about me, but you can please don't go after midgat my dog.
Speaker 7: That's totally not cool at that point. She's not a dog, she's a cat. No, she's literally a freakin' dog.
Speaker 6: Is your weird particularity and preferences clearly don't match with me.
Speaker 7: I don't need to.
Speaker 6: Really defend myself if you're like making yourself look bad, And like, what kind of person a restaurant to turn down the piano we have a blanket? Really, what kind of people have blankets? Bring blankets to restaurants or have restaurants that have blankets, They're going.
Speaker 7: To put it over their own piano? Like that doesn't make any.
Speaker 3: Kind of person thinks that other people's hearing sensitivity is their problem, Like that didn't affect you at all, Like you can go to red my ears hurt makes you embarrassed, Like that's pathetic, dude.
Speaker 7: You can wear headphones and go eat at Chili's. You have to go to a front.
Speaker 3: Chilis is actually louder so no, thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, hey Sean, would you like another day with Bailey? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: Sure, Billy, you want to go on again?
Speaker 3: Sounds great?
Speaker 4: I feel like neither of you are serious.
Speaker 7: That's sarcastic, right, exactly, sarcastic.
Speaker 4: You will first day follow up