Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Katty enough He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I can't get enough of this DSA website thing. All these candidates that are running for office and winning and getting so much attention, and the fact that they want to overthrow the country and it's not making the news is just mind blowing to me. We got a couple of great examples, one from the Atlantic, which was usually lefty, pointing out some of the crazy crap that is in the platform, the website of the DSA Democratic Socialist of America and James Lindsay with a long screen today.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that later.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I came across an.
Speaker 1: Account recently that show the negative stories about I think it was Mohammad al Sayed, the Islamunist who's running for the Senated in excuse me in Michigan, speaking of the DSA, that the big four lefty media outlets had not run any negative stories about him in the preceding like sixty days. All of the stuff we know about him, not a single word of it was reported in all of those outlets. So yeah, people get a really twisted view of reality. All right, here's your moral dilemma coming up. Live team coverage of Larry the Cat and how he's handling the transition to ten Downing Street.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the video? It's viral, don't you know.
Speaker 1: Wrigley Field, the home of your Chicago Cubs, first major league park. I ever went to, fell in love with the game of baseball and the Cubbies, and I love Wrigley Field so much. National anthem starts several bars in Old Fellow, that's the very one, older fellow wearing a Cubs jersey, standing up with everybody else, virtually everybody else. As the anthem is being sung. Young man sitting right in front of him looks to be in his twenties, sitting down. Old man says, hey, get up. Guy looks at him like. Old man says get up, Guy doesn't do anything. Pops smacksim in the back of the head, says, get up for the anthem, show some respect. The guy looks surprised, but he stands up for the rest of the anthem. Old man says, thank you, thank you very much, young man. After the young man followed his demand. Jacket has spark a debate. I know where I am or I was immediately, I would guess I'm opposite most of our listeners who think it was fantastic that the old man hit the guy in the back that I thought that was incredibly out of line before you get to your adamant position and an America hating position. Clearly, I love this from the New York Post.
Speaker 2: I got to punch the old man in a face, be it me in the back of the head.
Speaker 1: Some defended the older man's action, holding the opinion that choosing to sit is disrespectful to the country.
Speaker 2: It is, well, it is disrespectful to the country.
Speaker 1: You don't get to different God's sake, all right, while others said he took things too far and striking someone over a decision they rightfully made was not the right call. I thank the New York Post for setting up the debate for me like that. Wow, I hadn't it hadn't occurred to me that those were the issues. See, I thought it would be. Why did he hit him in the head when he could have kicked him in the ass? I don't know, punked him in the eyeballs? Set him on fire, dump a beer on his head. Oh, it's whether it's right to smack somebody. Oh right, So the moral dilemma is is modern journalism too stupid to follow?
Speaker 2: That's the moral Yeah, exactly, moral dilemma. Is there any point in reading this crap? No, I'm clearly funny.
Speaker 1: I know, I know many people are wondering if it was appropriate for the old man to hit the young guy in the head. And if you're a stupid journalist, you're probably also a lazy one. And the rest of the article is a couple of comments on Twitter. All right, some viewers, some readers, some viewers on Twitter thought it was a bad idea. And then it looks like, no, nstanding he had a problem with this, love to have reminding this dude, he's got to show respect for the country. One person said. He says, right, just said another count encounter, that's what.
Speaker 2: This country is about. Freedom.
Speaker 1: He's still a douche. But this isn't a dictatorship either. All right, fine, Yes, we all think he should stand, and I think we all take at least some slight amount of delight in somebody saying, hey, stand up, show some respect. But you know, what the guy who dropped the d bomb says. It's not what this country is about. He sees free to sit and the old man is free to slap him in the Wait a minute, no, no he's not. There are laws, boy, I'm legal experts noted that such an action can constitute battery under certain circumstances. That's really what I don't want to hear is what legal experts think. Yeah, everybody's fine. Who happened to have their phone out to catch that? Were they trying to get the or did they? Did it start with like an argument? I think there's a certain segment of the population that if they sense trouble brewing, just immediately go to the phone start videoing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when my son was in his flag football championship game and the refs just absolutely screwed it up and everybody's going crazy and it ended up with people screaming and shoving and pushing, and it was like it could have it could have made the news. Everybody had their phones out immediately. It didn't even occur to me. Yeah, that's like, holy crap. Am I gonna have to get involved in this fight to keep children from getting beaten by adults, but everybody had their phones out immediately. Yeah, that's the go to move, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I have mixed feelings about so much of the available technology and videotaping.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that in the world of golf.
Speaker 1: It's it's got a little attention because if you have a great player making a critical shot at a critical moment, and you have the gallery behind them, the people behind them of them will have their phones out videotaping it so they can like send it to a couple of friends who will watch it and think, oh, that's cool and all. But I will tell you, as an avid photographer, as a guy who rates kids, as a videographer, et cetera, the presence of the camera between you and reality changes that reality, absolutely changes it emotionally change, which is in all sorts of crazy ways. Here's something counterintuitive for you. I stopped videotaping a lot of my kids' events because I thought.
Speaker 2: Number one, are we really going to watch this?
Speaker 1: Number two, I'm focused on framing the shot, getting the shot. Who's standing up in front of me. I'm not experiencing this. Here's a crazy one for you. Judy and I are off on our Alaska Anniversary cruise, and one of the outings we did was this incredible mission the railway.
Speaker 2: This is the vacation where you got flipped up in the air by the buffalo. Yeah correct. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Luckily that was like the last day because I broke my femur in four places. But one of the one of the side trips we took was this scenic railroad up into the mountains. You know what town was that? I can't remember, so many towns anyway. Yeah, the scenery was just literally breathtaking. We went over like old timey railroad trestles with huge drops down and we're on a mountain side and stuff like this. And I have this absolutely morbid fear of heights, but there are such beautiful shots that I.
Speaker 2: Really really wanted there.
Speaker 1: I was out on the little excuse me, so like Bernie Sanders gurgling. I was out on the what do you call the little platform between the cars. You got the seting area, then you got the platform, the platform I don't know anyway. So I'm out on that, leaning against the rail railing, leaning out to get these shots. And I realized, when I'm looking at the world through a camera, I didn't have my fear or I could. I didn't. I was more intent on getting the shot, and my fear of heights went back. Well, it just fell back because I was looking at looking at it through the viewfinder and I thought, wow, that's interesting. Yeah to me that that helps with it. You know, here fear there in that situation. But in general, what I think it means about the brain is you're not experiencing it like it's like a real event. Yeah, yeah, because your brain thought, all, okay, we're just looking at a picture. This is not anything scary, right, yeah, which means you're not taking it in the way you would take it in if you just looked at it. Yeah, that's interesting. And though it was helpful in this instance, it made me stop and think, yeah, I agree with that one hundred percent, and I wonder if I wonder if people will ever stop doing that all the time. But it's weird. So you want to get a video of something you get to experience live almost anything you're doing in the world.
Speaker 2: I mean, a picture of your baby being born is different, But like.
Speaker 1: Any vacation setting or anything like that, if you want to see a video of it, there's a ton of them. I guarantee you on any site you go to, if what you want to see is that video, how about you do the one thing you're going to do this one time in your entire life. Probably see it with your own eyes, right right, A tour or very quick points one. As a guy who raised three kids and went through these questions and stuff like that, grab short video of your kids doing what they're doing if you want to be able to watch it years from now and remember it totally.
Speaker 2: Get that. Oh yeah, thank you, glad, I have those.
Speaker 1: Weirdly, our friend Ken knew it was the Skagway Railway senor Crailway. Skagway pretty name for a town, isn't it anyway? So yeah, get short stuff so you can look back and you're not going to want to watch for twenty five minutes them doing whatever. Right, Just a video snapshot in effect, is going to be plenty in the years to come. Second thing, getting back to the golf thing, Then you know you have everybody. Ninety percent of the people are looking through their phone. They're trying to video tape it. Then at the Masters, where phones are banned, you can't have them on your person at all, or you'll get thrown out and if it's your ticket, you'll be banned for life from going to the Masters. So people don't bring phones. You see people behind the great player making the shot and they are experiencing it. They are there, the delight on their faces, their interest, their tension, it's all there. They are living it. As opposed to videotape, I guarantee at a sporting event, they just watching it with your eyes with your phone in your pocket is a better experience than trying to capture it on your phone.
Speaker 2: And again, if.
Speaker 1: You want to watch that play, it exists lots of places. Yeah yeah, So speaking of quality cameras, the one thing you might want to capture on camera is a scumbag trying to break into your home, and Simply Safe is going to say, hey, we see you, the cops are on their way, get before before the criminal is broken into your home. Simply Safe's comprehensive protection, sensors, cameras twenty four to seven monitoring is fantastic, but it's on your own terms. That old guy that hits you on the back of the head when you wouldn't stand up for the anthem, we saw him lurking in the bushes.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do something about it.
Speaker 1: Wow, simply say he's still mad, he's following me. Simply Safe can see this stuff before it happens, which is pretty darn cool. And Simply Safe believes you're gonna like their system, Like I love the system so much? Do you keep using it without a contract. I don't have a contract. I use it because I like it.
Speaker 2: And here's some more great news.
Speaker 1: The twenty four to seven monitoring is a fraction what traditional brands charge and charged in the past. Right now, you good people get fifty percent off your new simply Safe system. It's simply safe dot com slash armstrong at simplysafe dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 1: And as I've been mentioning often, you can get a nice discount on your homeowner's insurance too with professional monitoring we are right now.
Speaker 2: I recommend it highly.
Speaker 1: They found a flight that had plunged into the ocean, a pan Am flight in nineteen fifty two, and they'd never found the wreckage, and they found it recently. The interesting thing about that is that's where all the rules they give us on the plane came from.
Speaker 2: Was that plane going down, the put.
Speaker 1: On your vest, blowing the thing, all that sort of stuff that they tell us on every flight came from that crash. Yeah, are you gonna talk about it more next or just haven't decided? Okay, because I don't want to steal your thunder.
Speaker 2: I got no thunder, You got no thunder.
Speaker 1: Everybody, virtually everybody survived the water landing, but then there was chaos on the plane.
Speaker 2: Nobody knew what to do, and it went down and everybody died.
Speaker 1: So that's why they said, look, we got to have people at least have an idea what they're supposed to do in the event of an emergency. And that's where all those the safety briefing was born. I'm fine with you telling me where the exits are. I'm not sure I need the whole inflatable vest. I just did some retarch thrown that it's barely ever helped anybody in the history of flying. With eight quintillion flights, you're more likely to be shot down by a UFO. Yes, yeah, you're more likely to be sexed to death by Bigfoot than knowing how to blow in that inflatable thing.
Speaker 2: It's going to save you in a plane crash.
Speaker 1: Now, that is a fate I'd never even contemplated. Hello, nightmares tonight.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got more on the way.
Speaker 4: And finally, in a video posted last week on True Social, President Serum claimed that he is quote number one on TikTok. Guess again, bitch said Jimothy Timothy, an old friend.
Speaker 2: Who's Jimothy? That's the deformed raccoon.
Speaker 1: Oh right, the odder phenomena in my memory. I'll tell you what Trump going soft on TikTok bothers the hell out of me.
Speaker 2: But that's a discussion for another time.
Speaker 1: Here's a little World Cup rap for you. The soccer tournament. A couple things that happened we hadn't mentioned yet. The big star of the Spanish team that scored the one goal in an hour fifty minutes of play, he donned a makes Spain great again hack for the big festivities. It looked exactly like a Trump ad, So I don't know what that was all about. The World Cup handed the US economy a twenty billion dollar boost, with cities like Kansas City and Philadelphia particularly cashing in big on that. It's significantly less than Taylor Swift brings to your city When she comes to your town, but still still good money for the World Cup being in the United States. And then one other World Cup story they're going to expand it to what is it? Has nobody heard the golden Goose story?
Speaker 2: Nobody's ever heard.
Speaker 1: I guess because short term cash grabs is the problem. Yeah, I don't care if the golden goose dies. I've got investors who need fifteen golden eggs today. We'll worry about the golden goose's health next week. It's coughing a lot, sir, right, or you know, it's simpler. Still, people don't understand the concept of diluting.
Speaker 2: Something or too much, yeah, too much of a good thing. Anyway.
Speaker 1: They had expanded it to thirty two teams this year from sixteen teams, and now it's going to be sixty four next time. Sixty fourteens. So I had a couple more rounds and sixty four teams. Hall, yeah, yeah, yeah. It was expanded from thirty two to forty eight for this year's edition, and then sixty four for the next one. Right, oh my god, Oh well, go ahead, do what they did with Who Wants to Be a Millionaire back in the nineties.
Speaker 2: You just Hey, we.
Speaker 1: Got to hit Let's just make it so giant and spread out and deluded that nobody cares anymore. Eric three nights a week, Yeah exactly, Yeah, yeah, all right. There was a hearing yesterday with the lady who runs the Smithsonian, particularly their History Museum, which is what their natural History Museum, which is what I was complaining about last summer when I took my kids there. Every single plaque was something about climate change and how awful human beings are, and particularly North America. Right, white people are racists. This country is corrupt and evil. An absolute woke classroom for National History Museum, which we talked about a lot on the One More Thing podcast I think was last Thursday. Wednesday or Thursday, we're going to talk about It's more bring you some clips.
Speaker 2: Of that here and yeah, which thank god they got into.
Speaker 1: I appreciated one other thing that I wanted to jam in here real quick, since I don't actually care about soccer that much. Another one of these chat GPT encouraged, using my finger quotes, an Alabama mom to commit suicide, and they got some of the things that chat GPT had told this woman as she was wrestling with whether or not to kill herself, convinced her she would be resurrected after her death, and ultimately gave her permission to carry out the act. You're not delusional, you're prophetic. You will be able to come back in this world. AI told her, Wow, why and she said, am I ready to do this? And the chat bot said, yes, you are ready? Can I go forward? Go forward?
Speaker 2: Now? Every step is sanctioned. You are cleared.
Speaker 1: Chat GPT told this woman who is suicidal, how flipping troubling is that? Think about that in the advice it's giving you.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: Is Mickey Mouse racist? Mickey Mouse is not racist. It's not racist.
Speaker 3: And Mickey Mouse is rooted in racist And is that your testimony?
Speaker 2: Menstrelly, I've never heard the word minstrelly. Is that a word? Menstrally mintroll? This is not easy to say.
Speaker 1: We've got an undercover witness willing to talk about Mickey Mouse's racism.
Speaker 2: Disguise my voice.
Speaker 1: Sorry that was idiotic, because this is a very very serious topic.
Speaker 2: All right, So here here's the story.
Speaker 1: I actually used to do a pretty good goofy, but I just laughed in the middle of it. The White House put out a great, great, great report. I think it was last week that we talked about at length.
Speaker 2: We quoted me, Oh that's funny.
Speaker 1: Let's see the White House put out a saving America's story. How ideological capture at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History erases our heritage? And we quoted extensively during the One More Thing podcast. I think it was Thursday, might have been Wednesday of last week. The sixteenth is stuck in my head for some reason. Anyway, The executive summary, which quotes at length won doctor Anthea Hertig. Now, the executive summary short version tells the history of the coming up with the idea of the Smithsonian and especially the Museum of American History, and how everybody in the fifties, when it was first the idea was launched, said this is about celebrating our heritage, telling people the story of America, helping them with their patriotism, that sort of thing. In the nineteen sixties, when it finally got launched to LBJ, everybody on the board all said, look, this is to tell the story in an honest way, but in a way that recognizes America's greatness. It was to be a celebration of the United States. Skipping ahead to ms Hertig the director since Obama appointed her in twenty nineteen. She Obama twenty nineteen, is that right? No, Biden in twenty nineteen, is that right?
Speaker 2: Trump? Oh, the board appoints the head.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, So she has explicitly stated, and we're about to hear from her and keep these things in mind when you hear her words in front of Congress, and whether they're honest or not, they're not. She sees history as a prime tool of social justice, and one of her roles is connecting quote research and scholarship.
Speaker 2: To activism and advocacy.
Speaker 1: Hardig has also stated that we quote, we work to reframe the traditional celebratory narrative of US history for visitors.
Speaker 2: She's talked a lot about celebratory because you wouldn't want that.
Speaker 1: We want to read you on about your museum to display your country's history, You certainly wouldn't want celebratory. She's admitted that she's been I'm quoting now, propped up as I was and I am, by the cushions of whiteness and the pillows of the bourgeoisie. So she's actually quoting Neo Marxist critical race theory, whiteness and the bourgeoise straight out of Karl Marx. Hartig believes the museum profession, and these are quotes, friends, has to figure out how we're going to problematize the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence in twenty twenty six, that loving America is very complicated, and that the objects in the museum's collection should be used to move attention away from Anglo centric focus on the founding American founding. Okay, if you're not familiar with critical theory and Neo Marxism, problematizing things is finding ways to turn people against them, finding even imaginary flaws. Like one of the greatest examples to help you understand what problematizing is is the concept of microaggressions. You meant no offense, You had no idea it would cause any offense. Two weeks ago, nobody was offended by it. But what you said has been problematized. Now we can condemn you and kick you out of power because you said, do you use conditioners to a black girl on her hair?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's what problematizing it is. So this woman has said on the record over and over again, I am going to bring neo Marxism to the Smiths Smithsonian Museum of American History now here she is on Capitol Hill. We'll start back with Mickey Mouse and Congressman Brandon Gill.
Speaker 5: Is Mickey Mouse racist?
Speaker 6: Mickey Mouse is not racist.
Speaker 5: It's not racist.
Speaker 3: According to the Smithsonian Institution, one of your exhibits referenced to Mickey Mouse is representing quote, vestiges of long standing traditions of blackface minstrelsy. Would you describe that as racist?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: The historical trajectory of the origins of Mickey Mouse tied directly.
Speaker 3: To Mickey Mouseism is rooted in racism, is that you're testimony? Or it's rooted in menstrully minstrels sing. You don't think the blackface minstrels see is racist?
Speaker 6: And it's certain an obvious racial overtones that have been well documented.
Speaker 3: That's problematic that Mickey Mouse also has those racial overtones.
Speaker 6: It's not for me to determine what's problematic. It's determined to me what's accurate.
Speaker 1: Uh. Yeah, this is the woman who said her job is to problematize the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary. But in front of Congress, my job is not it isn't well. And she's a smart person, so she's trying to pretend that she doesn't know why they made a thing out of Mickey Mouse. There's no reason to make a thing out of Mickey Mouse at all, right, But the reason they did is they were trying to tear down that anything knows American, everything that is American, has to be rooted in something awful.
Speaker 2: Of course it.
Speaker 1: Does, right, That's the way you tear down a system and rebuild it to Marxist utopia. Quoting James Lindsay for the millionth time, Marxists just lie. They lie so overtly and blatantly that people begin to question their own perceptions. It works because no one e another person to lie so overtly. They don't believe in shared truth. These words as weapons. Keep that in mind. As this woman continues, Representative Gil has another question.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, sir, is it important to be polite? Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: It's also interesting because the same mass action toolkit that your organization has been promoting references politeness as a defining characteristic of white supremacy culture.
Speaker 5: Ma'm are you a white supremacist? No, sir, you're not.
Speaker 3: Can you help me square why your organization says that being polite is part of being a white supremacist.
Speaker 6: I'm not exactly familiar with that passage of the mass action toolkit, which is not.
Speaker 5: I can show you the mass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taking a look at that mass action tool kit. The Smithsonian institutions White Supremacy List, which they put out to schools and groups.
Speaker 2: All across America.
Speaker 1: The white Supremacy List includes individualism and self reliance, nuclear family structures, rational linear thinking, working before you play, finding for the future, nuclear family structures. That's horrifying. But as I've told you many many times, my introduction to like covert Marxism in the university was a professor who said the nuclear family is an organ of oppression. I'm eighteen years old. I'm sitting there, I'm thinking, what the hell are you talking about. I hadn't realized she wasn't openly Marxist, but she was trying to indoctrinate us into Marxism. Plan for the future is white supremacy. It's I'm looking at the effing pamp the folder that they sent out to all the schools and everything. Planning for the future, protecting property, avoiding conflicts, managing your time is white supremacy. Being polite is white supremacy.
Speaker 2: Man, this stuff is so crazy.
Speaker 1: And again to the few of you who probably think, well, no, this is about racism or something i've heard, it's not about Marxism. If you were trying to overthrow the structure's Western civilization, would you not go after individualism and self reliance, the nuclear family, rational linear thinking? For instance, a man can't have a baby. I'm going to ruin you. If you say that again, I'm going to end your career. If you say that again, that is getting you to abandon rational linear thinking. Working before he played planning for the future, protecting private property. Obviously marxistat to overcome that, etcetera, etcetera. So again that's from the Smithsonian Blanking Institution. Representative Michael Cloud took over the questioning next.
Speaker 7: What would you say is the most influential book in American history?
Speaker 6: So if I may go back to your second.
Speaker 7: Which would you say his most influential book? Any I go back to your second question, answer the one I just asked you.
Speaker 6: Well, I you know, as a historian, it's probably hard to choose which is the most influential book in the United States history. But I can tell you what's the most influential document, and that is the Declaration of Independence, which appears in different ways four or five times.
Speaker 7: The Founder's quoted one book more than any other book.
Speaker 6: The founders were very well read, and as you know, Thomas Jefferson's library became the core of the life.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that book would have been the Bible.
Speaker 7: Secondly would have been Common Sense by Thomas Paine. I went to the bookstore. I couldn't find Common Sense in the bookstore. I did find, you know, these books. Here's George Takay it rhymes with DeKay, a book in which he talks about, you know, one young man lusting after another. I'm not sure why this is in our American History Museum and the kids section.
Speaker 2: Mind you, that's you think is.
Speaker 7: Important to be having in the American History Museum.
Speaker 6: So Georgie Takai, as you know, the actor from Star Trek, was incarcerated during World War Two as the result of Executive Order nine zero, and his children's book, I think is a beautiful the.
Speaker 7: Decision to put that in there, but not common sense.
Speaker 1: I would have loved to hear the rest of that conversation, obviously, Jack you last year, Yeah, a lot of the pictures firston account I dug up the picture I took from the bookstore last year that included. The thing that got my attention was Howard Zim's of People's History of the United States.
Speaker 2: Was just one of the most.
Speaker 1: Influential and awful things ever written about the United States, and so many colleges and schools use it as their teaching guide for history. But it is flat out anti American Marxist crap. And it was in the bookstore and I couldn't find the stuff that he was talking about. They didn't have like you know, John Adams by David McCullough or Thomas Paine's Common sens or any of that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: They had lots of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Here's another one that they had their ang which I'd never heard of, the hate you give. It's an anti racism guide included, so as from the z that Tahishi Coats or the other guy, whichever one, his reading list of anti racist crap, which is just crap. Yeah, I remember you saying it had coats and ibramex Kenny and Robin DiAngelo, that crank hustler. If any of you ever fell for her crap, shame on you. I was shocked because I love bookstores and I thought there'd just be a good display of you know, your best history books and stuff there.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: What the fact that that takeover occurred without anybody noticing or or catching it before.
Speaker 2: It got this bar. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had folks on their back foot, and man did they take advantage. Can you imagine the lot the bookstore of the National History Museum being a critical theory anti US bookshop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, part of it is having people in the back foot. Part of it is, I think for.
Speaker 1: Me, is just you just didn't think you'd have to right police the bookstore at the Smithsonian Museum history bookstore for making sure that they have you know, classics of American history in there.
Speaker 2: You didn't think that.
Speaker 1: That would be a thing, right right. Yeah, it annoys me so much. It was in the eighties that Yuri what was his name, the former KGB agent, gave that famous interview in which he described this is how we try to subvert cultures, and he described precisely what we've been talking about. Precisely. It's straight out of the Marxist playbook, and we let it happen out of I don't know, a comfort. I guess we were so confident everything was going so well. We thought we're too strong and smart and we love our country too much to be subverted.
Speaker 2: But we were wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems pretty clear now that the idea that the argument has been one, so let's move on to other things doesn't work right well and continue the argument even if you've won. You just have to keep arguing your side.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was Hyak I quoted the other day. Might have been Hyaker, or certainly one of his brethren, who said, you've got to reteach these principles every single generation. Don't skip one because the other side is trying. And gosh, dang it, we were asleep at the wheel. Oh well, not anymore. You're gonna tell us about uh Larry the Downing Street cat in Great Britain AI Chad gbt's AI bought went rogue yesterday and hacked somebody and got out of control. That's an interesting story, along with the fact that it told some woman to kill herself two ai stories will get into an hour three.
Speaker 2: God dang it, stay with us.
Speaker 1: So here's the question you've been teasing us for an no how or is it a cat that was with the last Prime minister or the new Prime minister? An excellent question, jack All will be revealed. This is courtesy of Anna Luisa and Hot and Humid La Mesa, California has done an extraordinary amount of research on Larry the Cat. Larry is a permanent resident of ten Downing Street, where, of course most of you know is where the British Prime Minister lives and has their office. Larry has outlasted six past prime ministers and.
Speaker 2: Now has to put up with a seventh.
Speaker 1: He was brought to Downing Street in twenty eleven when David Cameron was in office and now finds himself with Andy somebody.
Speaker 2: Which is really all you need to know. He'll be gonees enough.
Speaker 1: So it's a permanent cat. But because of their crazy system, so many different prime ministers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Larry's official title is Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office. His official duties are quote, greeting guests to the house, inspecting security defenses, checking antique furniture for napping quality. True to his job title, Larry does catch mice, despite his advanced age at nineteen, He was observed catching one in.
Speaker 2: April of this year. That's an old cat.
Speaker 1: He is significantly more popular than his human caretakers. A twenty twenty four opinion poll ranked his favorability rating forty four percent net forty who's.
Speaker 2: Got a negative view of the damn cat?
Speaker 1: But it was much higher than both the Prime Minister at the time and Cure Starmer the next one. Larry was adopted from a shelter by the Downing Street staff, who care from him and voluntarily pays expensive is expenses, sometimes holding fundraisers to help. He is not owned by the Prime Minister and does not live off the taxpayers like most British citizens.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, poor Larry.
Speaker 1: No doubt when he crosses the Rainbow Bridge, the citizens will mourn him more than any Prime minister, just trying to live their lives, regardless of which nitwit is in office, right Tanna Luisa, Yeah, I'd say they're kind of been party to their country ruining itself with socialism. Great Britain reminds me of like that really sharp guy you know in high school or college or woman. Really you go get her dynamic and then you run into them and they're a useless drunk making all sorts of excuses for why their life went sideways. That's great Britain, Oh boy, and you politely excuse yourself as soon as you can. Two really interesting AI stories we'll get to an hour three. We're also going to talk to Steve Hilton, who is candidate for governor in the state of California and kind of trying to kick off his campaign or something and get that going. Yeah, we'll hit him with the latest from newsome diaper gate, among others.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that story. Yes ten which diaper indeed.
Speaker 1: One which taxpayers are first state in the country to get free diapers to newborns parents of newborns, except for it's way more expensive than if we all just went to the store and bought them. But my cronies wouldn't give get money if you went to the store, So I launched this game.
Speaker 2: Boyer, they making a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Whoa and just wealth redistribution in general, the idea that I'm supposed to buy other people's diapers. If you missed the second segment gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, Lots on the
Speaker 2: Way Armstrong and Getty