Speaker 1: Well, well, well, we're back another week in NBA action. We've got to see the Lakers go up against the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Cleveland continues to dominate fifteen in a row for the second time this season, which is you ask me as a sixers, that's too much winning. That's just weird, it's unfair. The injury bug continues to hit some playoff squads, but the Grizzlies appear to be poised for the final stretch. We'll discuss all of that and more with Bleacher Reports Molly Morrison on today's episode. I'm Jash O'Brien.
Speaker 2: And I'm Jorian for Miles, and.
Speaker 1: This is Miles Jack dree lo.
Speaker 3: Ch.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're just going to be driving spinning fair number eighteen.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: Secure the suffolks or NBA Champions the.
Speaker 1: Team to be honest with the time. Yes, yeah, damn. The zoom just asked me if I was playing music because my voice is so malifluous or whatever that word is. Molly Morrison, how are you doing? Welcome?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: I am I'm doing great. Actually, I'm doing really well.
Speaker 4: How are y'all?
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, doing good. We were actually having a conversation before I was congratulate you know, well, so Jabbari was complaining about how hard it is to be a Lakers fan, and we were congratulating you on being a Grizzlies fan, Like, hey, this is fun. This is a fun time for both teams. I think heading into the playoffs, there's a lot of questions around, like how are they gonna do? I feel like I'm I'm genuinely excited to see how both of your teams fare in the playoffs. And then I was saying, I think as a Sixers fan, I might have it worse than any other fan base, because first of all, we're miserable people, and second of all, like they can't even lose, right, Like I think they're gonna end up missing out on their pick, like giving their pick to Okay, see next year, Like they can't even Like I'm reading headlines about how the Jazz are getting fined for like holding players out, and I'm like, that's how you do it, Like that is how you commit to the bit I aspire, But we can't even do that, you know. So That's how I'm doing. But it is wonderful to have you here. You're one of our favorite guests on Matt Boosti's we do have to kick things off by talking about the game of the week, Molly. Each week we pick a game that we think people should check out, that we're certain will be watching. We'll cover it, and then you later on in the episode will get to choose next week's game of the week. But our game of the week this week was the Los Angeles Lakers at the Boston Celtics on ABC one eleven to one oh one. The Celtics pulled it out very competitive first half, and then Boston just went on a run in the third and ended with a twenty nine to thirteen quarter, which not great. Molly, what what did it look like to you?
Speaker 3: It was literally such good basketball, And honestly, it just had me thinking like this would be such a good playoff series, such a good finals, which is just absurd that we're having that conversation, which brings me back. I do want to ask you, how are you a sad Lakers fan? But I don't want to get too off topic, but I need to know what does that mean?
Speaker 4: Because how can you be sad?
Speaker 2: I don't understand that the fears that I had going like once the connection was made, once I saw how good it looked. I said, please, don't get hurt, Lebron, please, but the but here's the reality. When Lebron is thirty four and he has that injury, Yeah, maybe he you know, maybe I could have that same attitude totally fine as a forty plus year old man myself. I know what that feels like, and I know that he might not just be fine. So year old this is true? Are you telling me? Are you telling me that you do not believe that we are in the same condition.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on here, we were just talking about how basketball is the thing that gets the hardest the older you are, like, it's basketball and hangovers are the things that get worse with age the most. I think basketball is so hard on the body. It's incredible that he's doing what he's doing. I'm not that worried because there's also like those times throughout his career where he'll just like take a little break and then come back and he's like better than he was all season, and you're like, well, what just happens? What just happened there? And it's just that he caught up on sleep, I think is what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's so stunning going back to the Celtics Slackers game. To me, just in terms of Lebron, is that you think Luca comes to the team and it's like, Okay, instantly he's going to.
Speaker 4: Be the best player, which is how it.
Speaker 3: Should work, but it's it's still Lebron, and I'm not saying that's going to be the case for a long time. Obviously, Luca's been a little rusty offensively, even though he's gone better. But you know, you saw them lose the other night against the Nets. With all Lebron, it's just unbelievable how much control he has over the game and just shows like all he needed was just someone by his side. And that's not to discredit a D because obviously a D we all know how unbelievable he is.
Speaker 4: But it's just so evident.
Speaker 3: That with the addition of Luca, you just feel Lebron's excitement and it's like, okay, like we actually can do this.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was amazing to watch, you know, two forty year old legends, almost forty Al Horford, I.
Speaker 1: Know how Horford was bawling. It was crazy. Yeah, Luca and Lebron on the same team feels like you have two queens in chess like, it's just like you. They just cover so much ground offensively. The angles on the court are just like so open in every possible direction, and they are, you know, chess like in their ability to just like pick apart a defense. It really is pretty cool. I just think Luca needs to start trying to make more shots, Like, has anybody do we think JJ is going to talk to him about this because his shot making, his shot making seem used to be a strength and now has not been. And we do have to ask because the Nico decision still lingers in my head as the most inexplicable decision that I've seen in person or public, like just that I have seen, I think in my adult life. And so I'm like, does he know we've seen the number one pick in the past decade forget how to shoot because of maybe some sort of curse? Did Luca forget how to shoot? And uh, We've got Markel Foltz's situation headed our way. I'm just saying like this is these are the only things that make sense of the trade to me.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think people really undermine how important the mental aspect of sports are. Like with Luca I truly feel like this dude has just gone through an extremely traumatic situation, you know what I mean, he saw his life going one way, just the Nazi or ego that that must be in the betrayal, he was stabbed in the back. I feel like he hasn't mentally fully gone back to himself. And I think you're being sarcastic with your with your curse, but seriously, I'm not about him at all.
Speaker 4: He'll be fun.
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes, yeah, sometimes I'll allow people to tell me it's psychology over which's curses, But you know, I think they're both worth examining.
Speaker 4: You're a psychologists in the room.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I actually think like with a lot of Jaws shooting struggles he's had, I've felt like, you know, a lot of that was psychological and still be so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh for sure, Yeah, I think that's definitely the case. Is it is it does have to feel good whenevery when you get traded and everybody is like, what, No, that can't be true, that has to be that's impossible. But yeah, I do get where you're coming from that, Like, it's also just you know, a very disruptive.
Speaker 3: And then the other side of that Coin. Poor Anthony Davis is like, oh my god, am I the worst player?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: We all don't see how in CINDI I Am, which obviously everyone knows was a testament to Luca and the shock of that rather than a knock on AD. But of course and also the irony as we saw in its first game of the issue being Luca's health when Ad is not exactly the picture of health himself, right, But yeah, I just cannot. I think Luca looks more normal, But I truly think it's going to take like a full off season to process what's going on with him real quick.
Speaker 2: Just kind of touching on Boston. It's one thing for Jason Tatum to give you, you know, forty twelve and eight. It's another you know, like, of course that at this point that's expected, he's that he's that level player. It's another thing for Jalen Brown to give you thirty plus and you know, do all the different things he does. But to the point that one if you guys made earlier, when you're getting the type of defense and the type of effort from a forty year old Al Horford, that's just what makes them so frustrating. Like that game was fun until it wasn't right, And that's kind of how it goes against Boston.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I feel like they have a lot more weaknesses than a team like a Cleveland or Ooh.
Speaker 1: This is what I love to hear. Feed me, feed me with this.
Speaker 3: I also think that they're one of the top they're top three obviously.
Speaker 4: Team in the league.
Speaker 3: It's not like weaknesses is compared to the near perfection people thought they were starting the season or last season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like you said.
Speaker 3: You have Jason and Jalen, you do have guys on the bench who can step. I mean they've freaking Peyton Pritchard. Oh my god, like these not on the bench, but these people that just can make.
Speaker 4: All of these threes.
Speaker 3: But when your offense is so reliant on the three, you know, if the shots aren't falling. Like Drew Holliday, I don't know what's going on with him, but he's felt off.
Speaker 1: I think he might be aging like a normal human being instead of like Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 3: I feel like we've seen them like to me, Lebron getting hurt, it was less of like, oh, the Celtics are unstoppable. And more of a you know, the Lakers sort of fell apart. But again I'm comparing the Celtics to the Celtics themselves and not slandering them. But I do feel like there are some weaknesses that could get exploited.
Speaker 1: So good, So skip skipping down just to the NBA playoff odds. I'm just curious to hear if you think this is off. So right now, the Celtics are plus one eighty, OKC is plus two hundred, and then Cleveland is plus five twenty five, so they're way back from Boston. It sounds like you would move them up a little bit closer to the OKAC in Boston.
Speaker 3: So you might as well be speaking a completely different language. I am slightly proud to say at this point in my life, I do not know anything about gambling odds. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like they have half as good. People think they have half the chance. It would be like Boston has a twenty percent chance in Cleveland has a ten percent chance of winning the title. Would be But I think what we're about it's fair.
Speaker 3: Still, I think that's fair. I mean with Cleveland, they need to prove themselves in the playoffs, right, Yeah, yeah, I don't. I see it more as like a I think Boston is indestructible and unbeatable, but I don't. I do think the team that's been to the finals the year before and has not had any crazy changes to their roster. By the way, porzingis is an underrated thing. Like what's going on with him is freaky. I hope, hope all is well with him, But yeah, I feel like with Cleveland with okay, see, it's kind of a thing where we just need to see it. We can't fully know until we see them go deep in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I think that's right. I do think Mozolla is both like he's a strength and like his single mindedness of focus. Like there was that quote where somebody was like, is it are you excited that your brother is Like I forget who he's coaching for. Is it Detroit? Like he Mozilla's brother is like getting involved with another franchise, And they're like, is that like exciting for you? Are you happy to see that? And he was like he plays for the other team or like he works for the other Like he just like can't acknowledge anything that isn't the Boston Celtics succeeding in the movie The Town? Like those are the two things that he's capable of. Andi is marrying Joseph, obviously, but I also feel like there I could see some like doing something smart against them and like out coaching him a in a seven game series. So that that's one of the other things that gives me a little bit of hope. But we'll see.
Speaker 4: Because they're hopeless.
Speaker 3: So now all of my hope needs to go into you can stop the Celtics.
Speaker 1: That's right. Let's take a quick break and when we come back, we'll talk Grizzlies and take a look around the league. We'll be right back and we're back. And Molly Morrison, did you grow up in Memphis?
Speaker 4: I did you think I showed because of job?
Speaker 3: People actually are Grizzlies fans that were not born in Memphis.
Speaker 4: But that's new.
Speaker 3: That's the phenomenon I'm still getting used to because before that was not the case.
Speaker 1: And are you like one of those types of fans who's like, get out of here unless you were lifelong or you welcome the jaw lovers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I welcome the jaw lovers totally. I think gets exciting to grow a fan base. And what I say when I said, do you think I chose I mean more so I would choose it in every lifetime of course.
Speaker 1: Naturally, of course, let's recount to your good fortune here. Currently the four seed, it is tight in there. Though we got from the second to the sixth. There are a total of five games separating the two and the sixth seed. In the lost column, the Grizzes are sixth in offensive efficiency, tenth and defensive efficiency. Finally, like things are starting to come together. It feels like three wins in a row, Jaw is looking like jo again, and then Triple j is out for the last four games with an ankle sprain. That that's the one thing with them that I feel like, what feels like dueling injuries where they're just like never quite on at the same time, which must be frustrating as a But but I don't want to start you down that path. Let's just talk. Are you excited? How are you feeling headed towards the playof us?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 4: I would not say I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I feel like Grizzlies fans are the only people that kind of don't feel like we're contenders.
Speaker 4: Honestly at this point, really well, and we could be.
Speaker 3: It's like I saw something that said the Grizzlies could be first run exits. They could also be in the finals. I think the finals is a bit of a stretch, but truly, that's the way it feels this season. It's been so up and down. And I wouldn't even point it at health because I don't think that's a fair reflection of this season, although that's of course always a factor.
Speaker 4: But it's confusing.
Speaker 3: It's been a really confusing season because when you look at the standings right as you know, an observer of when the Grizzlies around national TV, you'd be like, oh nice, they're they're killing it. But when you watch every game, it's it's a confusing picture. So yeah, I would love to unpack this. This is honestly like a bit of a therapy.
Speaker 1: Let's let's talk about let's let it out. This is a safe place, and this is actually a safe place. I'mlike when yeah, yeah, no one will hear this. What has been confusing. It's just like their quality of play is all over the place.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I take it back what I said about help because help is the number one factor. Right. This has been a team that has not been consistently on the floor together for the last several years, and this season though, it kept being like for literally years, Oh just wait, just wait till jajj Aaron and Daz are all together, right, and then jaw, Jaron and Dees are together, And what you see is not that great. And that's not because the three of them are not incredible players. That's because our offense is a bit disjointed and confusing, and this new system we've implemented.
Speaker 4: Is still being it's still in the works.
Speaker 3: It feels like I don't think we quite have an identity and offensive identity. And now, like you said, with Jaron out, I almost feel like, of course, assuming that he's all right and he'll be back, it's weirdly been this lessing.
Speaker 4: In disguise for job because he's been able.
Speaker 3: To find his identity again in the offense, it felt like it's been thrown to the side. And I do think, going back to the mental aspect, I do think that was affecting him. Uh, he was struggling a lot offensively because I feel like he was just in this new offense, which I should explain, is like, so the five out is what the Grizzlies have implemented, Right, It's the offense that focuses, you know, more on the moving and the in the three point shooting, which obviously you see a team like the Celtics do. But when Ja Morant is your best player, that doesn't really work for him. He's not He's not a guy who thrives.
Speaker 1: Right, it's Steph Curry out there around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, another weakness we can we can get into, of course, But so it's been sort of confusing because it's like, Okay, that offense is great, and it unlocks a lot of bench players.
Speaker 4: We have death I.
Speaker 3: Would say quantity and not necessarily known.
Speaker 4: Quality because these are guys that we.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen perform in the playoffs, and I think that's a question mark. But we know that those three guys Jaw, Jaron and does are incredible. But the question is how do you get them all? How do you optimize their abilities? And it felt like the offense that we were we I'm not on the team.
Speaker 1: Were we allow we allow we show. Yeah, this is a WEE friendly show.
Speaker 2: I am a laker, to be clear, Yeah, exactly, Okay, good.
Speaker 4: I feel I feel safe here.
Speaker 3: The Grizzlies were not allowing Jaw to be Jaw, and of course something people were very excited about, which was the pick and rolls with Edie that was not really part of the offense. And finally we're seeing them start to combine that in, which is what we wanted.
Speaker 4: Put Jaron's out, So now it's like.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't know what it's gonna look like with the offense tweaked slightly so that it's not just this five out thing plus Jaron back. So it's like, this is a weird time in the season to still be experimenting because it's so close to the playoffs. And that's why I don't think grizly Stans quite know what to expect. It's like no one's worried about the three of them. They're incredible. I mean, Jaron Jackson Junior. The leap he's taken this year is which is crazy because he was so unbelievable before. He can't be stopped, like literally, he can't be stopped. So yeah, I feel like there's a lot of question marks, but I'm we're in a great place.
Speaker 4: Like I'm spoiled to be saying this.
Speaker 3: I'm happy with the team, but I feel like all of this, to say it sort of seems like coaching is probably a slight question mark because you've got the.
Speaker 1: Cause you're still figuring things out. Yeah yeah, so wow, I didn't realize that Jaw's a twenty one points a game, like he's been up around thirty in the past. I feel like, hasn't he like average high twenties.
Speaker 4: When he's playmaking, you know, when he's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I will Yeah. The thing that when when I'm just thinking about, Okay, this is why Memphis is exciting to me, It's still those moments we've seen when Joe's able to take a game over and get buckets unlike anybody else. So like that's that still feels pretty undeniable and pretty hard to mess up. Like is just like when you need a bucket, which comes up so frequently in the playoffs, Like he's still able to do that and we've seen it this year. But yeah, it'll be interesting, and I mean I need to watch more Jared Jackson Junior. But I've heard from people who are paying attention that he's just like taken a huge leap. So I feel like those ingredients, like the playoffs is kind of a bad ingredients a lot of the time. And if everybody's just like aligned and pulling together, which it sounds like might be the problem, things could could be interesting.
Speaker 2: I wondered, even with the team uncertainty, And to be honest with you, we all have our own uncertainties about the team because we're watching the NY like how they were.
Speaker 1: Watching that season random no uncertainty.
Speaker 2: It is it weird that I feel like, outside of Oka, see, the West is wide open this year, or I would not be shocked kind of like.
Speaker 3: I agree, Yeah, I agree, and I and I also love that you said outside Okay see because I can confidently say this, I can't say anything confidently about the Grizzlies in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We cannot be the thunder if healthy in a seven game series.
Speaker 4: We can't. Like I'm it hurts, it feels, it feels.
Speaker 3: Wrong, but we can't. It's not that wouldn't happen. So our best bet is someone else knocking them. Oh good thing, Nico, you know, disassemble the one.
Speaker 4: Team that.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean we got and maybe indirectly assembled one that could possibly beat Okay, see, and then might not match up all that.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you guess we can't do it.
Speaker 1: Who have the Grizzlies or who do you feel like the Grizzlies matchup well against in the West. We got Rockets, Dubs, Lakers, Wolves, Nuggets.
Speaker 3: I would say, well, it's a great question. And another reason Grizzlies fans can be a pessimistic is because they have really struggled against Good Western Conference teams. That's been a big weakness. I would say the teams you name, absolutely the Minnesota Timberwolves. Give me them over those teams any day.
Speaker 4: And in the West is a bloodbath.
Speaker 3: You know. I'm not like, oh, be a walk in the park, But I do think just matchup wise us next to them. I mean, we beat them a few seasons ago, and you know now they don't have cat.
Speaker 4: I still feel like, like.
Speaker 3: You mentioned about Jaw having that ability to take over at the end of a game that really can separate a superstars a lot of the time, even when he's not he can literally go one for twelve from the field and then in the last three minutes he can take that game and and with confidence win it.
Speaker 4: I don't think Aunt has reached that level quite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't feel like he is a supermar We all.
Speaker 4: Know it, but he hasn't. He's not.
Speaker 3: He's not going to do that. And I feel like with Edie someone I don't know if I've mentioned yet, you have to think about that as well, you know, teams, maybe he could, he could be playing with and with Gobert.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's that works.
Speaker 1: So yeah, are you happy with Edie? Are you happy with the draft pick?
Speaker 4: I am happy with di Actually.
Speaker 2: She'd be even happier if they did more two men with him.
Speaker 4: Right right, Yes, Yeah, I'm excited about Edie.
Speaker 3: I feel like any negative marks I would have to say about him, which I don't have a lot, would just be him being a rookie and things that he'll learn. I'm excited for his off season. I feel like people were very disrespectful about him, like pre draft, just about how unplayable he'd be an I don't. I don't think that's true. So yeah, I'm big Eatie believer. It worries me a little if he's going to be playable in certain series this year, in the playoffs, but I think that's normally the rookie cuinner so.
Speaker 1: Great weapon to bring in, change of pace, change of size, exactly. Yeah, all right, let's take another look around the league. At the Dubs, Jamie Butler just put up a fifteen, ten and ten triple double, which was the first triple double of the season for the Warriors, which is I guess that's not shocking. But Steph is now within just two more made threes to become the first NBA player with four thousand and three pointers in his career. This and like Lebron hitting what did Lebron just hit like fifty thousand? I don't know. These milestones are less impactful to me than like, I know, no, you're catch going thirty twenty twenty. I guess I will say I thought this trade was gonna work out, like I think the reason that this trade didn't seem like a bigger deal was just because it was a couple of days after the Luca trade and everyone was like, yeah, well it's not Luca, So I don't know what everybody's getting so excited about. They're twelve and two since this trade, which is good, I think, pretty good, pretty good, and peaking as people are kind of starting to focus on the playoff and Jimmy Butler does tend to lock in in the playoffs if healthy, So that's I don't know. Yes, the West is a bloodbath. Also, it just feels like we're headed to the end of the Wild Bunch or like some you know movie where it's just like, Ooh, this is gonna be good. This is going to be ugly and good and like a lot of people are gonna be unhappy with the results, but we're gonna learn a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't see them making a deep run.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, In terms of you say, who would I most like the Grizzlies to play story wise, I would love and second behind Minnesota in terms of who they could beat, I would love.
Speaker 2: To play the Warriors that match up again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, finally, finally need to get that way, and man, it's I've been itching for it. It's it's a little different with no Clay and no Dylan Brooks, one of the most underrated beefs of all time.
Speaker 4: Was underrated.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I I just when I look at the West, to me, they're not a team that I'm like, Oh, I'm I'm afraid personally, but what we You can't ever count out Steph with Jimmy. I, I just like, don't I don't buy it.
Speaker 4: I don't buy that. You know it's gonna be real, but I.
Speaker 2: Was just gonna say, you're not buying it, are you. You had that look on your face like yet, no, No.
Speaker 3: But I also know that I can never count out Steph curt So.
Speaker 2: This is fair.
Speaker 1: We've made reference to it a couple of times. But Djokic went thirty twenty and twenty thirty one points twenty to assist twenty one rebounds, first time any player has ever put up a thirty twenty twenty game in the history of the league, which is so wild, and he looked pained the entire time he was doing it. He just I know people have made this point over and over again, but he really I don't know if he was like putting a little extra mustard on like every sort of like hip pointer and like you know, whenever he would like throw a sick pass, he would be like kind of just shuffling back. Really an amazing performance from him as a basketball player and also as like just the most out of shape looking basketball player in the history of the NBA. An incredible game. Did you guys watch this one.
Speaker 2: I have a quick theory. It is a totally lost reference. Molly is going to look at me like I am crazy, and Jack probably will as well.
Speaker 1: Jim Brown, Jim Brown, I know exactly what you're about.
Speaker 2: Say hey, here we are, We're But Jim Brown, notoriously, every time he would get tackled, every time he would go to the ground, he would take his time and make it look like, oh like it was so much difficult, and then line up in the huddle and run over somebody. Once again, that is what Joker does. I've watched it enough to recognize that's exactly what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Acting a great actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know, he definitely. It's the head flail, It's it's all of it.
Speaker 4: He just looks like he's.
Speaker 3: Just so, you know, like, am I really? Am I really doing this right now? I don't know everything. And the way he moves is it's so pastivating and hilarious and it's like so nonchalant as well.
Speaker 4: Obviously the way the way he.
Speaker 3: Does everything, you know, and it's so funny because with my job, which is doing so for Bleacher Report, it's my full time job all the time, we'll go and try to find screenshots. You know, you'll go through the highlights of like a player being hype and you just can't, ironically, which is probably a good setup for that conversation. But with Jokic and SGA, they do they are not.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: They don't the MVP. Yeah, so maybe this emoting thing is overrated.
Speaker 2: Energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm like, Jokic is my favorite basketball player non Grizzly. I'm in love with the way he plays. I am in love with every post game. Like I could sit there and watch twelve minutes of Yokic postgame and and be thoroughly entertained, even though because those are the most unentertaining thing.
Speaker 4: Ever because players are like I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to be here, I'm going to answer this, and you know, the most like just media trained whatever way I can, and Yokic doing it is just so perfect because he's so annoyed, but he like actually answers the question really, you know, It's like, yeah, he actually answers it really well and thoughtfully, but it's like he's so annoyed to be answering it, you know, the way he delivers it, it's it's funny. It's like he actually does give you the.
Speaker 1: Response, but he's like the grumpy old vet that like knows knows everything. He's like been on the police force for thirty years and like is correct, but is like so annoyed that you're even asking the question. I do have big news, Molly uh for the rest of the league that Jabari said that Ki is the guy that he would actually really like to see on the Lakers at some point. So that's they need a big I guess that's big news for the league, and also big news for Jokic, you know that, Like that's pretty cool. And by the way, they miles of Jabari were saying this about luca last playoff run and look at where we are now. So whatever weird which is curated.
Speaker 3: Every Jersey swap person Luca a Lakers.
Speaker 4: It pains me, honestly.
Speaker 2: To be clear. Let me let me just say this really quickly for Lakers fans, like, like, well, I'm not gonna speak for all Lakers fans because that's a dangerous thing. But I've been a lifelong fan. I've been watching them since the showtime Lakers. Obviously I'm invested in this, but obviously I recognize it is an absolutely charmed existence, and it's absurd how often this scenario that you just laid out actually does work out in our favor. I'm not saying that we're spoiled. I'm just gonna say we're very well, very well cared for, very very well.
Speaker 1: Basketball Gods. Thank you for, you know, just putting that out there so that anymore it's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't mind.
Speaker 4: Life does not suck.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: A couple just in my uh in Jack's don't look now run out of the week. I just want to let everybody know that, despite the fact that they've had a year that nobody's really happy with within the organization, the Timberwolves have won five in a row, so they might be picking up a little bit of steam heading into the playoffs. The Cavs, meanwhile, have won fifteen straight second time this season. They've won fifteen in a row, making them the sixth team in NBA history with multiple fifteen game win streaks. Two of those five won a championship. Three of the five made it to the finals. The one that made it to the finals and didn't win was, of course, the ninety seven Jazz, which Michael Jordan just single handedly reached inside their chest and never made to their hearts. And then the other don't look now is just don't look now. But the seventy six ers have suddenly forgot how to lose fast enough. I mean they're two and eight over their last ten, but like they they just can't do anything right, Like I.
Speaker 2: Don't they dropped two that they shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: We need to be we need to institute a no hands rule, like you're not allowed to use your hand like we need we need the Washington generals out there. I just we need that pick. Please, please? What are you doing? Anyways, let's take one more break, and when we come back, we will have the fastest segment in sports podcast against the rapid fire round of questioning. Molly, you're in for it. We'll be right back, and we're back, and this is the wrap fire round of questioning, the fastest question answer segment of podcasts. And we're just gonna fire some questions at you. That's what it's gonna sound like as we do it. For some reason, it's gonna sound like, then you're gonna answer the questions without even really thinking about it, just fire them right back at us. We got to keep the pace up even though I'm really not good at doing that and I might just get off on a tangent here and there. You are going to have to keep us on track. Here. Are you ready, Molly?
Speaker 4: I am ready. Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Oh confidence, I'm not a good keep on track, so just just warning.
Speaker 2: Oh unacceptable?
Speaker 1: All right, Jabar, you want to go first?
Speaker 2: I don't mind.
Speaker 1: Sorry, real quick, Claw, that's where it is, okay, now, I am ready.
Speaker 2: All right, Molly, this or that you can choose between two gentlemen, and those two gentlemen are a Jaw and Ant in a fantasy dunk contest similar to the showdown that we saw in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Gordon first, Livia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I just want to just yeah.
Speaker 1: Obviously, this has been like one of the big revelations for me this year. And I guess I don't know if it was a revelation necessarily, but the fact that like the two best dunkers in the league both hate dunking, Jaw and Ant were both like, yeah, oh it hurts. It hurts.
Speaker 3: Very interesting as someone who never has and never will dunk, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, you haven't dunked? Oh, you simply must Molly, it's the best dunking is so fund Yes, uh yeah, I'm just it really gave me a lot of respect for I mean, I feel like it must hurt, but nobody ever admitted that it hurt. So the fact that people were just like yamming on people so hard for so long without being like just just tears silently rolling down there. Anyways, all right, so it's jaw over Aunt. I feel like that would be a lot of fun. You can pick any former Grizzlies legend to make a run with this current team. Who you take and how Mark? Tony Allen Zebo.
Speaker 3: I mean it has to be Mark. I think that's peak. Yeah, I mean add Mark to this team. They're they're going all the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, I would have I would have confidence in y'all at that point. But yeah, I was gonna say, you picked Mark over Powell. That's interesting, Mark, I.
Speaker 1: Have more arranged though, right, how old I am?
Speaker 2: That is fair? That is fair. I remember to day Powell was traded, all right.
Speaker 4: I grew up on Mark.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, keeping it going now, we got a bit of Grizzly Grizzly trivia for you. No, it's not a problem. If you don't get it, we just do it for fun. Okay, we'll bounce back and forth. All time franchise leader in games played.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is a multiple choice. All time franchise leader and games played. Is it someone that I would have watched?
Speaker 1: You got it? Wow? Seven time franchise leader in triple double?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Triple doubles?
Speaker 1: Also something you would have watched?
Speaker 4: Okay? Mark? No?
Speaker 1: Nah? I mean hell, you might still be watching o'molly?
Speaker 4: Oh is it jaw?
Speaker 2: It's jo makes sense things?
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of the formers of.
Speaker 1: The what oh of the form Yeah? I kind of It was kind of misleading because I said someone you would have seen. I mean technically that is correct, because you would have seen them, maybe as recently as yesterday.
Speaker 2: Mark with five is second all time.
Speaker 1: There you go see, Okay, you got the second place.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Keep it going. One more for you along these lines. All time franchise leader in rebounds per gamebo, he's sick. I think he's second.
Speaker 1: And it's per game Yeah, per game? Mark is now?
Speaker 4: Mark it someone I would have watched? Is it?
Speaker 2: Once again? Yes? I made I did make sure of this.
Speaker 4: Wait, what was that?
Speaker 3: Hes?
Speaker 2: Said, I made sure all of these guys are people that you would have seen.
Speaker 4: Oh is it Stephen?
Speaker 2: Not? No?
Speaker 3: What now?
Speaker 1: What is wait?
Speaker 4: Okay? All Time franchise.
Speaker 3: It's not Zebo, it's not mark Uh oh my god, I'm like what era? Was it? Like?
Speaker 2: I need initials or jv Okay?
Speaker 3: I was literally gonna say was a Jonas Jonas Valentinis.
Speaker 4: I'm hissed. I was literally about to.
Speaker 2: Say that there it is. We'll just cut out my head. Don't worry Yonas V.
Speaker 1: Yes amazing from the logo. All right, you can go back and live one year as an NBA player and experience everything they experienced in that single year. What player in year would you choose? Muggel Jordan ninety two, Muggle Jordan eighty eight, Shack two thousand, six years.
Speaker 4: That doesn't sound you choose.
Speaker 2: You got to choose.
Speaker 1: You got to choose like Luke Longley during the second three.
Speaker 2: Pet for probably was pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a lot of pressure.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get creative with.
Speaker 3: Chandler Varsons twenty fourteen when he got to rob the Grizzlies and not contrivia.
Speaker 2: That is the answer that we get money in the pain.
Speaker 1: Literally, that was.
Speaker 4: Not twenty fourteen? What year was? I'm so about it years, isn't it?
Speaker 2: That's okay? What we all know what you're referencing.
Speaker 1: And finally you get to choose the game of the week. We're giving you three games to choose from. I have no way of guessing which which of these you're gonna pick? Uh, Friday, there are the Cleveland Cavaliers playing at the Memphis Grizzlies. That's on the past Saturday, we got the Knicks of the Warriors on ABC. Sunday, Thunder at Bucks on ESPNU. Who should be? Should we be watching? Uh?
Speaker 3: Honestly, none of those excite me like that much.
Speaker 1: Uh uh huh, Okay, let's not watch basketball this week, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm actually binging Severance right now.
Speaker 1: So maybe Severance the next episode. We're gonna talk about Severance.
Speaker 3: See I would say Grizzlies Calves, but without Jaron. I don't want to say Grizzlies Calves because yeah, it's not but but Grizzlies Calves.
Speaker 4: What was it? Nicks? Who are they playing?
Speaker 1: Nick at Warriors?
Speaker 3: That'll be but again no runs and injuries suck. And then Thunder.
Speaker 4: Maybe that one let's.
Speaker 1: Let's go books Thunder at Bucks on ESPN on Sunday. Folks, you heard it here. That is your homework assignment. Molly Morrison, what a pleasure having you on Miles and Jack and sometimes Jabari got Matt Boosti's where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Fine me Molly Hannah m on Twitter and TikTok and Blue Sky. Yeah leave that now, and Molly Underscore Morrison on Instagram and you might Leach.
Speaker 1: Report talking about amazing. Well, thank you so much for doing it. Go Grizzlies. Uh.
Speaker 3: I feel like I need to end this on a positive Grizzlies note I wasn't positive enough.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 1: Look, they might be used to people being negative on their team on this podcast, so I think we can allow it. Yeah, go Grizzlies. Jabari, where can people find you?
Speaker 2: You can find me whooping net trick on Blue Sky Oh no, at Bory Gavis gonna be.
Speaker 1: A I'm on Twitter at Jack Underscore Olbrian on Blue Sky at Jack o'b one uh. And you can search hashtag mad Boosties for show links and updates, and you can join the conversation on our discord and you can find the link for joining the discord when you search hashtag My boostis b w O S t i e S. That is gonna do it for us this week. Back next week with more NBA action. Have a great week, everybody, I'll watch you all next week