Speaker 1: Practice today.
Speaker 2: Aaron Banks concussion will be out, Jordan Ellie concussion will be out playing again, Fowls knee out, Demo Leonora knee out, Nick Bosa hipp oblique out, Trent William's ankle out, Christian McCaffrey just rest, brock Perty right shoulder limited, Pooney's shoulder limited, Green Law Achilles limited, Kevin Gibbons growing limited.
Speaker 1: That's it? Or what was the diagnosis? Just bang the uh it's I mean, what's.
Speaker 3: That out today?
Speaker 4: But just is it?
Speaker 5: Concerned that it could be long term?
Speaker 1: You can't go today, so I mean, but no, we're not rolling out for this week. Hope you'll be able to go tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Rock. I think there's limited Black Wednesday didn't do any throwing? Would be like that?
Speaker 6: Or will he actually be.
Speaker 2: Throwing the ball well side when we get out there.
Speaker 1: Jacob Yes.
Speaker 6: Signed with the Vikings today. I was been reported. I think that you guys may have had some level of interest. How would you describe your guys interested in him?
Speaker 1: We discussed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 1: But when you said counting is out of the protocol.
Speaker 3: When do you think if Ricky Pear saw how he looked back there?
Speaker 6: Feeling punts and would you consider making him your full time guy.
Speaker 2: I thought he did a good job, but no, I mean we don't then consider making a change or anything. Jake's healthy, you'll probably go and but we got two good options there.
Speaker 1: He did a real good job.
Speaker 6: I know you guys are off tomorrow, but how much time? How much work will you put in despite it being Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're not off tomorrow. I don't know anyone who gets Thanksgiving off. You know, you just you start a little bit earlier. You cram a lot in, there's less time in between. Everyone has different ways to do it. But I don't know anyone who gets it off unless maybe you have like a Monday night game, you.
Speaker 1: Have an eight day week.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could do that, but you just start a lot earlier. You get the players out. Usually don't watch film right after. You usually picked that up the next morning pretty early.
Speaker 1: So is just when I get out.
Speaker 6: I did work here.
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to be working by No.
Speaker 2: Usually, I mean we cram everything in and the players get out earlier, so it allows us to start. You know, we usually do on Thursday nights our red zone. We prepare for our team meetings and everything that we do a Friday morning, but everyone gets out tries to be home with the family by five.
Speaker 1: I usually get home around seven and.
Speaker 2: They're all mad at me, and then I eat my dinner and get back to the red zone.
Speaker 3: On canb are discussed Tray green Law doing some mock games.
Speaker 6: Out there on the practice field. What what's that all about?
Speaker 3: What went into those sort of you know sessions to get ready for opening his.
Speaker 6: Window this week?
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't watch them or anything, but I mean that's what all our guys kind of go through are on I are like, Huff's doing that this week. You know, you're just not allowed to be with coaches or anything like that until you're off of until you open their window. So they don't like their first time doing true football drills and everything to be that. So then they go out on their own with their training staff. They're doing less like rehab stuff and more doing like what they would do an individual, a trainer taking them through that, doing the reps of what they do in practice.
Speaker 1: They try to get a normal practice.
Speaker 2: Weekend so they can get their yards, all their output and input whatever it is for the GPS is and everything they do in a normal Wednesday practice to see how sword they are on Thursday. Then they do that same thing on Thursday to see how sword they are on Friday. Then they try to have a workout on Sunday to see that and they do that and then we open up their window, and then they have three weeks to go through that before we can make a decision.
Speaker 3: Igno that Uponga's window might be opening up soon as well.
Speaker 1: It signals that it's got a chance to.
Speaker 3: Right after a game.
Speaker 6: So you didn't feel like the defenses are prepared for some of the packers run looks and then it's out there and get detail and it's an indictment of.
Speaker 5: The coaching staff and so on, said, I mean, is that a fair characterization of what happened? And he disappointed with level preparation.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. They didn't two two new runs that they hadn't done before. They're not new runs or just formations which happens every week. I mean, that's all we really do. You know, we could try to come up with a new formation around the same run and try to get guys to take the bait on something.
Speaker 1: And they had a new one and they took the bait twice and got our guys out of a gap. But that's that's every week.
Speaker 4: What do you think it's gonna be to get Dray back out there.
Speaker 1: I mean, we'll see how it goes. So, I mean it'll be awesome. Just have 'em on the field today. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We we love when Drey's around, whether it's on the field and meeting rooms like, I mean, he's a hundred percent ball. Everyone loves them in here and just watch them fly around out there today will be real fun.
Speaker 5: If you have to watching field from the past game against the Packers, knowing that you're preparing for Buffalo, what have you kind of reflected.
Speaker 3: All when it comes to the miscues and the self inflicted wounds that you kind of harping on and practice if any taking it to Laflow this weekend.
Speaker 1: I means there's not much secret to it.
Speaker 2: We gotta tackle better and we can't turn it over three times and three drives in a row. The penalties that we can change a couple of pre snap penalties, one twelve on the field, one bath holding that we had.
Speaker 1: Those are the ones that, uh, we got to fix.
Speaker 5: Weather possibly snowing. How does that impact your just I guess your plan, your scheme. Do you have to do extra preparations for that contingency or you just shift.
Speaker 3: On the fly.
Speaker 2: No, I mean you got to have an idea of how the game is going to play out and how it's going to go what you do in every situation. I mean, you have an idea of that. If you have certain guys get hurt, you have an idea of that. With the weather always changes, you know, when you go into and you hear that it could be the weather that it is, you take that in your mind a lot understanding how the game can be.
Speaker 1: But you don't make a full game plan.
Speaker 2: For that because I've listened to plenty of weatherports that change that day too. So you got to be ready for anything, just like you are with injuries. But we fully understand what elements may be.
Speaker 6: CFC came back. You're not really using Grenda or Mason that much. I think seven carries combined through three games. Is it their ball security issues an issue or is it just the greatness of McCaffrey procudes them from getting on the field.
Speaker 2: No, I just think I mean even when Mason was going a ton, we didn't get Isaac a lot, you know, So I mean we're not just a big three men rotation team, especially when you have a solidified starter. You know, we're not trying to get Christian off the field more. I mean, we want to keep him fresh and keep him at his best. But Christian's also a guy who gets better as he goes. He's a guy who feels a lot more comfortable being out there. I also don't think the way these games have gone. I mean, we didn't run the ball much last week at all in general, so not many people didn't. I think we got fourteen runs. So when that's the case, you're not going on long drives. You only have thirteen plays or fourteen plays in the whole first half, with one of them being close to a two minute drive the others being four and out.
Speaker 1: It's just not going to work out that way.
Speaker 5: If you talked to him in terms of just how he's feeling, if he feels like he's kind of has the same steps that he had in the past tw years, and I mean that first game looked like it's like an afrit that he usually plays with was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, we haven't been we haven't played that well these last two weeks, or we haven't got the running game going these last two weeks. Thought it was better versus Tampa, and we just didn't get a big one. But I mean, the speculation on Christian, I think is a little bit unfair to him.
Speaker 1: Christian's playing very well.
Speaker 2: He's playing his ass off, But to think a guy who misses an entire offseason is just going to be the exact same the day he gets back would be unfair to any player in the world, I feel like. I mean, guys who miss offseasons and miss training camp usually takes them a little bit of time at the beginning of the year to get back into how they were the year before, let alone missing half the season also on top of that, so I think Christian's doing a hell of a job. But to just think him coming back in week eight with not being able to do anything for the last nine months or whatever it is, and to think he's just going to be an MVP form is a very unrealistic expectation him.
Speaker 5: Is it more physical things that he's still trying to get back, or is it just vision or was it maybe a little bit above everything?
Speaker 2: I think he looks real good. I think he's playing very well. I don't think he's had a bunch of clean lanes. I think he had a couple verse. When I say a couple, I actually mean two verse Tampa. And if he hits those two, which maybe is just half a step off just with seeing it, but you hit those two and it will completely change yards per carry, which will look better from an outside perspective, but it won't change anything.
Speaker 1: And actually, what's happening.
Speaker 2: So to sit here and talk like he's struggling, I'm not gonna do that at all, but for us to be disappointed that he's not exactly how he was, or just write an MVP form that'd be unfair with any player.
Speaker 6: A matter of fact and direct approach in times when you're winning, I'm curious, do you think when times you're struggling, like now, do you have to do you choose your words differently?
Speaker 5: Do you want to be the same guy every day?
Speaker 4: Or how do you approach that.
Speaker 2: I don't plan anything really like that and have a I don't like turn the page chapter four in a book and say how to act this week.
Speaker 1: I look at what's happening. I look at who we're playing.
Speaker 2: I look at every situation that it is, and that's the stuff I address like.
Speaker 1: It's not a movie, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm a football coach and I address our team for the reality that we're in. And the reality that you're in is in a story. It's what we see on that tape. That's what we do in practice, it's what our situation is with injuries, it's who we're playing. And that's really what you do day in and day out for an entire season, for preseason, offseason too, winning to losing, it's really all the same. You just coach and do everything you can to get everyone's skills right.
Speaker 3: Christian seems like a.
Speaker 2: Guy that takes maybe his lack of production very personally.
Speaker 4: And he's sat in his locker for about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: After the game on Sunday, and do you have to talk to him and make sure.
Speaker 3: That he's okay mentally.
Speaker 2: And that's what makes Christian great. I mean, Christian, I've told you guys, he's a psycho in the best way possible. I mean, if I mean Christian had a fumble there at the end of the game. No matter what I say to him, he's not going to forgive himself for a fumble for probably the rest of his life, he'll still be mad at himself for that. That's just how he rolls. That's his mindset and everything. You can choose to see him in OTAs if he drops the ball and how he acts after that and apologizing to us later in the day for a drop ball in OTAs on period one.
Speaker 1: So like, that's what makes them great.
Speaker 2: And it means a lot to them.
Speaker 5: Six In this situation, you're being criticized, You should do this, you should do that.
Speaker 6: When you live in your performance.
Speaker 5: You know this season, how would you.
Speaker 1: Belie yourself or how are you doing? That's up to you guys to grade me.
Speaker 2: You know, I work as hard as I can to get a win that week, and we haven't won as much as I believe we should have.
Speaker 1: We've lost three.
Speaker 2: Games that I feel we were capable of winning and should have won. Those are the ones that are the toughest in terms of grade in myself. Like, I'm not gonna grade myself. I'm gonna work as hard as I can and I'm the same guy I am right now that I've always been. We got to overcome some things that we're in right now, and I believe we can overcome them, but we put ourselves in a tough bind and that's why we've got to be extremely good and successful here going forward to be able to overcome that stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, I know there's a lot of people online who are saying a lot of things. I know you don't always look at that, but a lot of those people are in your locker room. What do you make of the vibe in your locker room right now?
Speaker 2: By our locker room is I mean, exactly how you would think it'd be. I mean, we're upset with where we're at in our record, but we got a tight group and we play together. And I mean I think when you if you live in the world online, that's whether you're dealing with our profession or your kids dealing with social issues in school. I mean, that's you're not gonna be happy if you're dealing in a world online. And I've definitely coached long enough that I don't deal in that world.
Speaker 1: Only online I look at.
Speaker 2: Is usually movie stuff and rap battles and funny things that animals do. So it's good or bad. When you listen to good stuff like that'll mass show up more than anything, and then when you listen to the bad stuff, it'll crush you.
Speaker 1: So that's not why any of us do this.
Speaker 2: And you know you gotta work with younger guys on that. I think it's harder just because of the world that they've been brought up in. But that's don't make someone else's reality your reality.
Speaker 1: You gotta focus on what your job is and never get away from that.
Speaker 3: I know that right now, and we keep hears all must not have. Sorry, I have had a lot of reps together, but yours wasn't targeted in the game. Is he getting open as well as you like? I mean, where where has he been the last few weeks?
Speaker 1: As far as I think he's been fine. I mean, it doesn't work out that way.
Speaker 2: And they played we talk about getting open, I mean I talk about getting open as in do you beat man coverage? It played two snaps of man coverage in that game on our drive at the end of the third quarter where we went down and scored, and they didn't do it after. So that's about high lowing people when they play deep, you check it down.
Speaker 1: It's about getting screens to people.
Speaker 2: Is really the only way you can dictate they get a touch, but when you go to z own defenses, I don't really look at that as can guys get open.
Speaker 1: It's how we just first in the field.
Speaker 2: What's the time to go through a progression and do they catch it when we go to them we get up the field
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks guys,