Speaker 1: Forever.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, Hello, you missed the funk out of us, and I was kind of getting comfortable with I was like, oh, we don't have the podcast. Girl, this lovely two weeks. I guess this is this is you. I was like, is this what it feels like to be regular? Yeah? I mean, but then we would be having conversations and Sydney would be like, oh, this would be such a good episode. Save this. Yeah, none of that stuff got saved, because you know, my brain is trash do but it's it's good to see you, even though I see you all the time. It's good that so many things have happened. So we actually have something to fucking talk about. Okay, let's talk about it. Maybe maybe the podcast should be monthly, you know, now we're in the core. No, we need every day, every week, every day, because you never know every night? Maybe bye, yeah, you know what I mean. Anyway, Okay, so first, first on the docket, let's talk about Marie's birthday. That's coming up. Oh I didn't know we were doing that up top. Okay, I thought we was gonna tell them we talk about that. Let's talk about that first. Let's talk about because that's what we're prepping for. Okay, right, right, right? So when this is coming out the day after the day after your birthday, my birthday is on like Tuesday or Wednesday or something like that. So well Wednesday is pretty much Friday. So yeah, it's literally the day after. During the pandem, all the days are the same and no one cares about them. So yesterday spend all of yesterday thinking it was Sunday. MS was friend, it was it was Wednesday. It was a big Sunday energy. Some days just feel a certain way. So anyway, whatever, so my Birthda's coming up, and for me, every year, my birthday is when I get the saddest and famously famously sad, and this year has been a sad ass year. So every time I log on to my Graham, I see people in Mexico, and I was like, should we go to Mexico? And Amina was like, I already bought my ticket, Yes, let's go. And Amina is a good friend because she like encourages you to do things that you on the fence about. But also like I was like, since I was just I was just wondering out loud in the group chat if I should go, and she was like we're going and Carolina is a I mean not Carolina Amina as a daredevil and she lives life on the edge as if she does. She lives out loud. But we we love that type of energy because we need that right now because we've we've been in the house, and you know, as the days get shorter or darker or whatever, we're just gonna get more and more sad. All the people who were at the restaurants outside, like on top of the subway grades, you know, having their lunches and dinners and whatnot. The people eating next to the garden bite on the curb. Yeah, that's gonna stop because it's gonna get cold. It's already chilly, it's already chilli. Yeah. But they're opening up restaurants inside for New York City. Honey, boo boo. I am not doing that. I'm not gonna be an enclosed place with all these strangers. I don't even trust the people that I know like that are friends of mine. Now I'm gonna trust these strain Wow, Okay, Sydney, just say you don't trust me. I mean, I thought we had a nice chat before the zoom started, but I guess, Wow, don't trust you much. That's fine. I'm not trustworthy. I do lie. But yeah, they're opening up restaurants back in New York at twenty five percent capacity. But I also heard, you know, how like you read? People say I read in the news, but they only read the headline I heard. I didn't watch the story, but I saw like coming up. So it's gonna cost you extra to eat inside?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about how much? What surprise is like, I don't know, sis, I didn't read the article. I didn't watch the story. It just said find out later, find out next how it'll cost you more to eat inside. And I was like, wow, that's the whole story. I know all the information, but I don't know. It might just be because if the restaurants can't operate at full capacity, they just gonna charge you twice as much to eat there. That's my logic anyway. So say, for instance, let's let's talk about it. So a regular Branzino right is like, you know, eighteen dollars, Now, what is it going to be like forty Brenzino is eighteen dollars? Actually, I there must be a young Brenzino. I must don't eat Brenzino or you know what, whenever I have Bronzino, I'm not paying So yeah, I don't really know the prices that well, but yeah, Brenzino is that's like a salmon price is eighteen dollars? Is a salmon price? Or like cod cod is eighteen dollars? Okay, let's maybe let's do something that's more relatable to the listeners. A sizzling faheato, Oh here we go? Can we not bring tea? Yeah, Fridays is let's say that's eighteen dunkers, so it gonna be double that, or maybe it's gonna be they're gonna add what's eighteen divide about two? Bitch, get your life together if you're going to one TGI Friday's no shade but shade. It's just like no, that sounds like shit. Better eat better for yourself, especially right now, you deserve I don't know, a steak that doesn't have Thames on it, like you have to know you haven't make sure that you're eating Sydney properly farmed Sydney meats. Yes, but also we've been you've been good. You've been in the house for seven going on eighteen months. Like, maybe you just want to eat some arto choked tip. Maybe you want to eat something that like when you buy it at the store and you defrost it from the freezer, it doesn't taste the same, it doesn't have the same texture. So yeah, go ahead and get your little sizzling for heat to plate. That is like popping bottle at the club with the flares and stuff. Go get go, get that hot ass hot plate and eat it with your three friends that you know don't have COVID. I believe in you, you know, I just I want these restaurants to make some kind of money. But at the same time, I'm just like, is it worth it? Is that shrimp petaccini worth it? It is worth it? Well, I mean, what's the alternative? Don't eat out? And when all this is lifted, every place that you liked going to is closed because they couldn't pay their rent. What's the what? Like? So like even I was walking down I was in like downtown Brooklyn the other day yesterday, and like the Century twenty one is closing and all this stuff that like tourists like going to is like because New Yorkers don't go to those places. A lot of shit's closing down, tons and things were closing down before pandemic, but it's really really getting really sad. And then all the venues that we used to go to, you know, Union Hall, Bellhouse, even the Notting Factory. We have no idea what is the future of stand up right, And they're saying that when the restaurants open back up in New York, a lot of the comedy clubs are opening back up too, also at twenty five percent capacity. And it's like, I'm not risking my life to perform in front of seven people for a live comedy show. If it's that twenty five percent capacity, my ass is gonna be one hundred percent. Yeah. And also, do y'all know how it feels to like be at a show and the energy is low and it's it's almost all the way packed. Imagine Imagine when there's only a few people there and then like only one person gets it and they're laughing. It's like, Okay, I'm gonna go kill myself. Like I don't need this during a time like this. I need I need one hundred percent labs. I need to feel like I have a career in being at these shows. I don't know if that's gonna happen, babe, I don't. I don't see it. People have been asking me, I did that one show out outdoors. I don't know what month that was or what year even, and it was fine, but it wasn't worth me going all the way into the city for and it doesn't feel the same. So I'm not doing them anymore. But uh, I don't remember what the point of this was. But the setup was cute, right, This setup was cute. I was about to say some we do this, we like if there's not If I'm me as a comedian, as a performer, I'm not getting to perform for a crowd of people, then I don't want to perform for a handful of people. But there are comics that are like itching to get back inside. All they talk about is stand up. They've been writing, they're doing shows. They're blah blah blah. And I'm like, that's cute for you. But I was on a dating app yesterday and this guy was like, what do you do? And I was like, that's a good question because I used to be a comedian, and it's like it hurts to say that out loud. I've been sitting out loud. No, none stop, NonStop. So that's who I am now. I'm a played on my license plate. I'm just I used to be a comedian. I'm just like, I know, what's funny because we have these group chats and we are still actively, you know, roasting each other and looking at memes or whatever, so our brains are churning. But in terms of being a stand up performing live, I don't have that muscle anymore. I remember when remember we were performing like almost every other day, and like maybe once or twice every night of the week, once or twice to night, and I wouldn't perform for four days and I would feel completely lost. I was like, damn, I don't know my I don't know the rhythm anymore. But bitch, it's been six seven months years. It's a girl. What is it? Do you remember? Do you remember the last time you were on stage? No? Like, do you remember if it was February or March? No, it was it had to have been March because you were in La. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I was supposed to have shows when I was in LA and they canceled it. Yeah, the last show that I was booked on, I was late leaving my house and they were like, Oh, don't worry about coming. There's not that many people. Yeah. So the last show that I would have done I did not do. Yeah. And it's like, I mean, I don't regret that because you know, I saved myself some time. But I don't know whatever. So my birthday is around the corner and it's on September twenty third, and people have been My sister text me and was like, what are you doing for your birthday? And I was like, I don't know. I hadn't been thinking about it. You know, famously have a party every year. There's a theme. All of my hot friends come and people that aren't necessarily my friends show up, and you know, everybody just has a beautiful night. People are on drugs, people, some people are naked, there's costume changes. It's the best night of the year, you know. Marie Gallop. So that obviously was postponed this year and or Canal and I was like, We're going to Mexico. We're going to Mexico. We got a nice little house, we have a pool. We don't have to see anybody if we don't want to. We can be in Mexico. And still not be around a single stranger. So you know, I'm excited about that. But Sydney, you got some reservation. I do have reservations, and this is this is what it is. Now. We have back to back like we've We've I've gone to La, We've had a wedding, We've had multiple parties in uh you know, my new backyard hard and not parties per se, but celebrations which we should be having and with a cute amount of people, and you know, not too much posting on the stories. But it's just like, I don't want to promote like everyone living a normal life because it's not normal. We're things are not that the Corona virus is still out and about popping and locking, twerking dip it, drop it low in, dip it low for all peoples. So I just I just know that even if I'm being safe and reckless at the same time, more people are going to be more reckless than safe. So you think it's your responsibility to tell people to be safe at times at times, you know, because we do we do have an influence we people. Yes, yes, yes, yes follow us yes yes yes, But I checked the demographics of my page is people mostly people twenty four to thirty something. Those are grown ups. It's not my job to tell you to put a mask on. It's not my job to tell you to stay home when you feel sick. That's the CDC's job, and that's what they've been doing. So you come into Instagram to see me in Mexico in my bikini with my abs and my three friends. Is making you say I'm want to go outside and lick a curb. That's that's you. That has nothing to do with Marie Fouston. Okay, but so I can't feel bad. I hear you. I hear you. But also look at it. Look at it this way. We were seeing a lot of people going to Mexico, and that's what's being like, hey, let's go to Mexico. So we do see things online and be like, oh shit, it's okay to do that now, oh one hundred one one hundred percent. I agree with you that, yes, we saw people going, so you went, but we are going with our masks. Also, the people that I was looking at, they were staying at hotels and I was like, oh, poverty, the poores a Nightmary you are. But also you take people pick and choose what they want to take. If everybody and everything is bombarding you with social distance and put a mask on, and there's a partition in your uber, then like me posting a picture with my friends who I've I got COVID tested with should not be what's pushing you over the edge of like not paying attention to what the stuff is that you should be doing. So I don't feel bad about that. But also I understand about not wanting to post too much, but that's not gonna keep me from posting all the hot outfits and all the hot meals and all the sexy beach things, I mean, pool things that happen while I'm down there. If you want me to grab you out of the photo, Sydney, I will crop you out of all of them so people don't know that you did. But people I'm gonna know that I'm there, but it's and it doesn't like they're gonna be like Marie is celebrating a birthday and sitting that is not there. That like blasphems and should be illegal. So well, I mean, Sydney, I'm if we're down there for four days, I plan on boasting at least seventeen times. So but I understand. I because I posted something about like Carolina's bachelorette or something, and I was like, what do you wear to a uh tiki themed or whatever the theme was? What was the theme a tropical themed? I don't remember what do you what do you wear to wear tropical themed bachelorette party? And somebody come into a mask? I love them for that, and I said, you know what, I'm not going to engage with this individual. They are right, but I'm not. But they're also wrong. Yeah, so I left it alone. Whatever. I just want to I can't be in my house on that day the way that my year has been shaping up. Every day feels the same. And next week I'm liable to wake up and completely have missed my birthday, like wake up and be like, wait is today? That is today the twenty ninth. Damn it was six days ago. So that I just I don't want that. And and also since we decided we're going, like, I've been like excited, I have something to look forward to. I'm like shopping for it. I'm getting my nails done, I'm you know what I mean. I'm getting a shape up at the barber shop. Like I'm doing stonishing, So I think I'm just gonna do something in the back. Oh, just line it up. I'm gonna do that today, yesterday, because I don't want a shape up in the front. That's not that's not the lifestyle that I you keep, you keep, shape you up, you get a shape up. No, thank you, that meank you. I'm anti batt thinks, but yeah, I have something excited to go. And you deserve to be happy. And look, this is the this is the dilemma. It's like stay inside, stay quote quote safe, or fucking be miserable inside, don't live at all this whole year. And you're being safe, but it's mentally debilitating you. Yeah, safe and sad or out and dangerous. I didn't come aloo out in dangerous, right out and dangerous. That's what I want, That's what I deserve. Also, like we look back and at what this year was, we're gonna be like, oh, yeah, that was we couldn't go outside, that was the pandemic year. Oh my god, swabs of swabs in our noses to get our brain, you know what I mean. But this will also be the year that we went to Mexico during a pandemic. So let it be that. Let this be that year. I you know, I am older, and and it's just things are really shaping up for me in terms of what the fuck I want for the future. And you've been thinking, yeah, and you know, I spend a long time doubting myself and being sad and just not taking up being grateful for the opportunities or embracing opportunities. And it's like, yeah, I get it, Like fucking let's go to Mexico. We have each other, we're gonna we're gonna be as safe as possible. But also it's like I want to I want to do something and feel good about it and then not have guilt. You know, I don't want to have the guilt. And that's that's what I feel about the trip. But I know I'm gonna have a blast. And Sidney just say, you want me to have a zoom now because I'm not didn't know, I'm not cheers Everybody wearing nipple pasties to your birthday dinner, okay, girl, I mean I will make you eat outside. I what you put naval faces on them. Life. I'm using all my dad into so I'm fully using all of my dad to be like, look at this beat you on my birlin God, I just get it's something that looks it's it's just something to look forward to. It's a memory we'll always have. It's we're only going with people that we've been with throughout the entire pandemic. It's nobody new. We're all gonna get tested when we get back. There's a twenty four hour testing place and so that way we don't have to quarantine for the whole two weeks. And that's it. Like I'm not I'm a grown up and I'm good. I'm gonna do grown up things. I'm turning twenty four for the seventeen. That's my business. So I don't know, feel good about it, look good about it. And whatever you don't want to post, you don't have to post.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also if you're judging me, fuck you. If you're judging us, fuck you twice. And there'll be other friends. They'll they'll be one other you know, friend of the pod on the on the trip. So if you don't, it's gonna be tress all the times. But also you mad because you can't come with us. Happy birthday to everybody who celebrated in their houses this year, but I was not doing that. Uh. Also, you know, if you can take a trip, if you have it in you to spend a little bit of money on a trip, and you can get a little airbnb, you get some something nice in a warm place or something you know, cold place, because I know why people like cabins and like ski lodges and chalets and stuff like that. Get you a house, get with the people in your pod, and just like do something like that for like a month or a week or a couple of weeks. It's it's nice to not be in your house. Whether you're going to your parents' house for the weekend or you're going to your best friend's house for a couple of days, it's nice to not be in the house that you've been quarantining in for the whole time. That's that's what I can say about that, all right, So on to other things that the people have missed. Carolina officially is married, married, married, super married. The whole wife, a wife. She's a real wife, a real one, and we're seeing her, you know, be that that person. I mean, cooking and cleaning and like she was doing all that before. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but like this is like it's like she's cooking and cleaning for like like herself, but also a straight man is involved. So for me, I'm kind of like squint in my eyes. But they love each other, so it's fine. Sidney said, it's it couldn't be me, couldn't couldn't be me. Well, it will be you one day, so let's come correct. That's one hundred going to be you. Uh well maybe not the cooking or the cleaning, but you will one day be married. Yes, and that is I do you see that in my future going? O'm not gonna lie, but it was it was beautiful to see her wedding. I was I was aggie the weeks leading up to it because I just was like, it's it's a pandemic, this is this is a lot. But then when it happened, it was like, well, what if this is the last opportunity you get to have a wedding. You know, we don't know what next year is going to be, and if you're going to do it, do it as much as you would like it to be as possible. So do what the most you wish you can do. It is what I'm going to say, because everybody doesn't need a lavish wedding. Some people can go to the Justice of the Piece in a drop job with a photographer in their wedding clothes and look hot and be happy. Some people can just go in like a sweatpant joggers in joggers. She by charade joggers and get married to the person that they love like that. Other people needed to be at all white Park wedding, and it was really I think it was really well done. You know, everything looked great. She had masks for everybody. When when I was telling people she had she was having an all white wedding, they were like, only the bride is supposed to be right, and it was like, no, it's actually a really chic Solange had an all white wedding. So and a divorce baby girl that we're not on divorce yet. We're gonna we're gonna get back to that. We're gonna circle back. But Carolyna Is Caroline's wedding started two hours late. And I have never been to a wedding that started on time, So I was an hour and a half late. So I famously half an hour early. But there are people who got there before the wedding was supposed to start, and they were waiting the entire time. Yeah, and whatever we were outside. I mean it was a little hot that day, but it was and the people who were there were like, you know, melts, I mean like a candle, like a candle in Yeah, it was. It was funny. But you know, me, just watching it, I was like, damn, yeah, I kind of want this, like I kind of not necessarily the park wedding, but just a little celebration. I wanna. I want to love someone and them love me back and talk about our vows and us being together forever. Blah blah blah. This is so funny. This is so I have to laugh. This is hilarious to me because not that many months ago, on this very podcast, you were like, nah, I don't believe in with So this is fascinating to me. Fascinating. Yeah, Sydney's texting. Every time Sidney starts texting, I'm gonna stop speaking. So that's what's happening on the episode today when I'm not speaking. Blame Sydney, no, but maybe because I I'm not famously I'm incognito in love, but incognito incognitiy in love. I'm thinking about all this stuff, but I don't know. I just and then I saw another I went to another wedding and look at you. Wedding hopping. It was great. It's it's the moving around for me that's super gross. But just the celebration, it's it's a it's the it's all white when you're a horse. It was, but was outside again, and it was you know, everything's fine, and even like the gathering afterwards was outside, so it was cool. But you know, people are taking the opportunity to be like, this is this is who I want to fucking be. Where we we were with each other during the darkest days of twenty twenty. Let's fucking do it. People are saying yes, all I gotta do is say the people are. People are not waiting around, So all I have to say because of these things, it's like you wait around for this person to acknowledge you, or you're waiting around for this person to open up and and finally take you seriously. After I don't know, four months of y'all doing serious shit but not but not committing fucking leave that person. Because people are looking locking eyes and opening their fucking hearts and pouring in and letting it go and just having fun. Okay, this sounds real. Okay, yes people are. People are opening their hearts and opening their and their ass And I'm opening ass for sure, opening ass. Well, I am not asked. Is closed here closed for repairs? Uh? Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. And I'm bringing this back to my birthday. Think about all of the money that you would have spent this year. Think about all the money that you would have spent on the train and on maybe you had trips planning, and or the clothes that you were gonna buy and the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Think about all of the money you would have spent this year. And now, think about all the money that you've saved. Right either you're receiving unemployment or you're working from home and you're still getting like a little check. The money that we're making, we can't take us, it would as well leave. And the stuff that you do right now. Yeah, you might regret some of the mistakes you've made along the way, but think about all the stuff that you did not do that you think about, like, damn, I should have went to Paris last year, or damn I should have gotten some dick from that dude, or you know what I mean. Like we we overthink things too much, some of us, a lot of us. Most of us. We think about what we look like, how others perceive us too much. You have to do the things for you that you need to do for you, because if this pandemic has taught me anything it's we are locked in our houses by ourselves or with our roommates, but you're in your own head all day long. You're thinking all day long about what you're doing, what your friends are doing, which you should be doing how you want, like how you should be living your life differently, Like take that trip for you, babe. Like do whatever it is that you feel like you need to do. If you can afford to do it, and it's not hurting anybody, do it. Do it.
Speaker 3: But technically traveling might hurt somebody, Yes, but if you do it safely and you travel with the people you want to be with, then travel with the people you want to be with, and then quarantine when.
Speaker 2: You get back. Don't tell me that I can't go anywhere because it might hurt somebody. Who am I going to hurt. I live alone, I live by myself. If if i'm if I'm in and out. Yeah, me and my plans if but you know these plans, well, this one's dying. But yeah, I have to Marie. We also need to record some like inser stories for our new Patreon thing that we're doing, So I'm doing this little video for us. There you go, mm hmmm, yes, yes, yes. Anyway, if if you want to do something and you're thinking about it or there's someone, I mean, don't be crazy. Like I'm saying all these things positively, Like if you're a stalker and I'm saying if you want to do something, do it. I'm not saying go out and stalk that person that you don't know. And if you're a straight man listening to this, if none of this fucking applies to that at the end of the day, straight dudes, no, straight dudes can do what they want. Only women and gays and queers and others. Yeah s, straight man, No, no need to apply. No you can you you'll manage you, you'll power through. But uh, but even you, like, if there's something that you want to do and it's gonna make you happy, and no one's gonna get hurt along the way. Okay, I'm speaking of a straight man. Cardi b is getting a deforce. Yeah, who is surprised. That's it. That's the thing. Everybody wants to get married, but nobody wants to get divorced. Nobody wants it. People want to get there are people who want to get divorced. A lot of people during the pandemic. That's the other half of this. People who were single or people who were like kind of in the beginnings of relationships. It accelerated it forward for them. But people who were already in relationships, a lot of people are breaking up because that you find when you're trapped with that person every day, all day with no distractions, that y'all don't actually like each other. Yeah, And that's the thing about I will say, living in New York, it's like two passing ships in the night, Like we're so busy. What is like that relationships? Because either someone works in the day and someone works in the night, or people have two jobs and then they have things after work and then they're with their friends and they're somebody else is with their friends. So a lot of the times you only really get to see or be with the person in the morning or at night when we're having sex or whatever. You only have occasionally for holidays and whatnot. But a lot of people are not spending full on quality time, like back to back to back, like days, hours, weeks, months, just uninterrupted quality time, right, well, most none of us were. Nobody was the only people who were spending uninterrupted time together is stay at home moms with their brand new babies. Those are the only people who are uninterrupted time together. But when you have a dude or a girl and you both have jobs, and you both have hobbies, and you have a book club, and when if you was taking a dance class at Equinox offbeat and you got yoga and you're going on hikes since you know what I mean, there's all these distractions. And then even when you're with that person, you're going to a movie or you're going, you know, to a play or a comedy show, so you're not forced to talk to each other. You're doing stuff together and that's nice. So but that this none of this is applies with Cardi and Offset. He was cheating on her the entire three years that they hold on her. And that's why she's leaving him, but also doesn't he have like six kids in addition to the one that he has with her. He's a young rich rapper sis he was cheating on you, which is why he proposed to you. So like, none of this is Shit's not shocking, but it's just like it's so much. To divorce is very expensive, very she got money, she's securing Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden bags. Now, I'll tell you one thing that I I definitely you know, we want to do a prenup because that makes sense because at the end of the day, I don't want to split assets with nobody's. I just don't like I worked. You want to leave it what you came in with, whatever we made, whatever we made to other. I want all of it. So we gotta make this work, bro, you gotta make it work on me. Give me my things back, all of my We bought a couch together. Now we gotta gotta cut her in the couch and the couch the money from the fuck out here. I'm not doing all that. We're staying together. That's it. Saw the couch in, Yeah, that's it. I want it. I want the shape. Every time I look up look at things and then say, hey, if I want to marry somebody, I also have to think about do I want to separate from everything that we have together? No, the things after your because when you move out, you got to get another apartment. I end up. Yeah. But also, but some stuff holds memories that you don't want to remember. So yeah, maybe maybe we've had what we've We've spent too many days and nights on that couch together. You keep that dusty ass, sexy ass velvet couch, you know what I mean? Like some things you don't want. Like I was talking to this girl she wants on a date with this man, went to his house. He had like a full sized picture of him and his ex girl painted painted above the dining room table. Goodbye the pictures it doesn't yeah, but in the pictures, it doesn't look one hundred percent like him. So she was looking at it, like, well, what's the story behind this and he was like oh. He was like, it's just a piece that I got commissioned, and she was like okay. And then later she saw a picture of his ex girlfriend and she was like, that looked like the girl in the painting, and he was like yeah, that's us. And she was like, oh, but like giant, probably bigger than this art like that. Right, Yeah, that's psychotic and I don't think that's healthy. But you know, if you feel like you look good in the painting, cut half of the painting up and just like cropp it, you know, well she didn't want it. She left. She left, and he kept the painting up because I guess his dumbass paid a lot of money. It was commissioned. Bitch, Uh it did. But I will say when me and you know, Adrian, we we broke up and I had to move out. I didn't have anything, like everything was in garbage back so thankfully, you know, I didn't have much to accumulate in the breakup, but just moving my my black bags to another apartment, traumatizing, fucking drunk. First of all, moving black bag it's scary because you leave those bags on the curve for a minute too long, right, So yeah, and I'm so lazy that I don't if I'm moving in with somebody at this point, it's like it's to stay. I'm stay that part friend that the dude my boyfriend and I broke up when he asked me to move in with him because I was like, I'm not because I know I'm moving it right back out and you don't have a number an elevator, I'm not doing this twice and we were and it was like few, imagine if I had said yes just because I was trying to be a quote unquote good girlfriend. A good girlfriend breaks up with you, Okay, that's the moral to the story here. A good girlfriend will leave you. If she stays with you, she's trash. Yeah, I mean that's another thing. You guys, at this point, stop wasting motherfucker's time. Stop doing it like you know if you like somebody or not. At this point, you just know we've spent so much time with ourselves. You should know what the hell you want now. If you're over thirty, you should know what you want and a partner. You might not know yourself that well, but you should know who you want opposite of you for the long run.
Speaker 1: Mmmmmm.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if you don't know what you want, you know what you yes, and you know what you don't need. You know you don't need a Laurence from Insecure season one? Okay, I mean, what's what season? Did we just end? Four? Yeah? You don't need. You don't need a season four Lawrence either because he was probmatic, but maybe a season three You know, you need somebody, you know what works with you. You know, uh, what kind of person is gonna uplift you. You know you don't want to be with a bum, So those things. I mean. The thing is is that I just have a very skewed opinion about men overall because oh, no way, the lesbian has a skewed But it's also because I've been in relationships with them back to back to back to back. Okay, yes, but they were all trash, no, no, no, I had I had a good guy. I had one good guy or two, and but I just being with women, we are we lock quickly because if we feel passionate about something, then it's we're all in and we don't really look back. And yes, you might be like this is a little hasty, but at least you're like, I'm taking a chance, and if it doesn't work out, we move the fuck on. We keep it going. And I think that's the problem with waiting around or wasting someone else's time. After a couple of years go by, you can't get that time back. A couple years. Oh babe, I'm not wasting years of my life. But some people are. Some people are because you get into a relationship with somebody that you like them, but you don't like everything about them. You think, oh, I can change this, or I can overlook that, or I can tweak that or or that'll change eventually, and it doesn't. It usually doesn't because these men they don't do what they want to do, and some of these women are a still going to get They waste some people's time. Women are wasting people time, right, I'm not gonna lie on that right. Wasting sure, one hundred percent. But yeah, people stay. And then other times people stay because they don't have anywhere else to go. They don't have the funds to be in an apartment themselves. Maybe they got some kids, you know what I mean, They don't really they don't know where to go or what to do. And then other people say because they're like, well, I put all this time in, so I'm I'm gonna reap my benefits, and it's like you should probably just leave. Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses and go, cut your losses and go, because that I do I have, I have regrets in terms of, you know, my last relationship, because I'm like, damn, I knew I wasn't in a good place. I was in a really awful place. And we probably could have ended it a little bit earlier than what we did, because I knew I wasn't getting better, and I also was I also was worried. I was like, I became codependent and I can't do anything without this person, or you know, I'm a failure. And I took that risk and it was like, Okay, it just so happened that Carolina was like, hey, you can move into this apartment blah blah blah. And I moved in and I got roommate, and I was nervous because I was like, Okay, I can pay this rent, but like, what if something happens with this roommate, will I be able to afford it? And then look what happened, Like I just have to put in good faith sys that what's supposed to happen for me will happen, and the things are not gonna happen if you're too scared to actually make the move, well, if you don't ever move forward, nothing's ever going to move forward. You always going to be in the same exact place, And I think that's something that people need to realize that, like, even if you don't move, the world is gonna continue around you. Right, Like, we've been literally in a state of pause since March. And I was talking to somebody the other day and they were like, yeah, I did that back in August, and I was like, August, August. When did August get here? Yeah, it's like every day feels it still feels like it could be March still, the way that the weather feels right now. So the world is going to continue around you, and you have to You do have to take that chance, which brings me back to my birthday. You gotta go on that trip, babe, you take That's the title of that You gotta go on that trip. Baby. You gotta go on that trip, babe. Yeah, that's that's the name of the episode. Just do it. Do the hashtag, Just do it hash. The podcast is Hey, Nike single, not a shirt you much, not a not a draw string duffel bag, nake crazy. But Beyonce sent me something anyway. Beyonce said, you something just trying to I was just trying to go to box. You had to just trying to make Nike jealous. But you had a tiny box. I mean, I'll take an Adida's box. I'll take a Puma box. You know. I don't know if I'll take a new Balance, but I'll take a new Balance box. What am I saying? I'm not gonna take a sketcher's box. That is a hard no, thank you. I will take a sketcher's check, So I guess I'll think the box, Jude Marie. The way we went on that roller coaster with you, Jeez, what a journey, Sidney. If Sketchers offered you one hundred thousand dollars to be a spokesperson for a year, you wouldn't do it. Oh, the way that you're thinking about it. You have a spare hundred thousands your house right now. I would say yes. But if we weren't in the pandemic, I would say no, because I'm I'm It's not that I don't love Sketchers. I do. I just that's all I'm gonna say. That's it. If we were not in the pandemic, you wouldn't take the hundred things I would take. It's fine. The way that you're lying to the listeners, on the first week back from the tie. I think Sydney says that we need to take another hiatus. This is going to be the last episode for the time a friend. It's so many of us have them friends. Okay, so we did Caroly in his wedding, We did your birthday. Yes, we did the we did a Cardian with his face Guardian, what's it we did that? Yeah, California is on fire. We didn't talk about that, but we'll talk about it just a little bit. It's on fire and global warming is a thing and it's for real, and I just want to put that out there, guys, like the world is on fire. We're not doing well. No, we're not doing well, but I think it's it's gonna get better. But again, is it like wet. I think it might get worse before it gets better, honestly, because I think businesses are going to continue to shut down and we're gonna finally come outside and it's gonna be all these abandoned businesses and storefronts, and it's gonna be real, uh like the Apocalypse just that and yeah, it's gonna be like a movie. It's gonna be real. I am legend because these places are gonna be closed, and new businesses aren't gonna pop up right away. They don't have any money. They gotta raise capital to put something new there. You know, I mean all of Modell's shut down. Remember Modells gotta go to no that's most gotta go to mos god Rip gotta go to Moos. Come o, friend, this is this is what I'm gonna say. Mmm. We need to stop wasting money. We need to stop taking life. We need to take life seriously but also have fun. We need to get into stocks and bonds. We need to build a family together. And that's why I'm going to say, will you marry me? Over the zoom, Marie, I have a ring for you. What is that? Is that? A bread tie?
Speaker 1: A bread twist tie. Absolutely proposed it to your Marie. We just needed to know I don't do it. Come on, I'm gonna say the opposite. I'm gonna say the opposite. I just said, I say we need to start spending money. Okay, because I famously cheap and Sydney famously frivolous with money, I'll say, spend the money.
Speaker 2: You can't take it with you when you leave. You will make more money now you should definitely be saving. You should have a savings account, and yes, join robin Hood. I joined them earlier this year. Gone got stocks. Now you know I'm making a little bit of money. Let me see how much money I made today. I mean last week I was losing money and I was like, I'm too tired too, I'm too tired to figure this out. Okay, so today I've lost sixty dollars. So I'm not making any money right now. But I made money yesterday. But whatever I say, spend the money, Splurge on things, do things for you that make you feel good. Self care. I'm just gonna shout words that I think you guys will like self self care. Call a friend or text a friend that you haven't spoken to in a while, Call your mom, pick your phone up and call your call your aunt who you haven't spoke to but you say is your favorite aunt. Do those things right and then you'll feel good about yourself. And if you don't feel good about yourself, call a therapist. I have a call with a therapist scheduled for September twenty serious because the Monday after this goes out. Yeah, just like a preliminary call, you know, just to see like, yes, you could do something for me. I'm proud of you, Marie. I mean I am also proud of me. But I think that I think all black people need therapy period hard stop. But now I think everybody needs therapy after what we've gone through this year. So I think just go call the one time or make the call that one time, and then see how you you never know, You never fucking know, and you don't know something. Your friend is in therapy, huh, and you never know it's if it's working until like a month after you have to do it for at least a month. I just our friend is in therapy and she's so clearheaded and happy, and I just want to be there. I want to be clear here so that I can create and I can do work, and I can perform to the best of my ability, and I can see things because sometimes you have to say what is in your head to see it. And you know, I guess I'll talk to a white woman on the phone for fifteen minutes to see things clearly. I let her fix my life. You know, I wanted a black therapist. But you know, if I'm sad and you said and it's just us on the phone like ys sis sis. Also we both say were eating on the call. It's I don't want that. Yeah, I don't want that for me. You truly don't need that. We just don't know. And also I don't have to see I don't know if she does these calls over zoom or it's on the phone. But I don't have to see her shoes. I don't have to see if she's wearing tomes or sketchers or clerks or uggs sandals, you know what I mean? Yeah, I mean the FaceTime situation is cool, and you could tell, you could see if they're low key paying attention, and it's just you're you're talking so you don't have to talk to a friend that you feel like, Damn, am I a broken record? Am I ruining this this friendship? Because I keep talking about it and you're paying someone to listen, and they're not going to tell you the exact things you need to do, but they're going to ask the right questions to lead you in the direction you need to be, Yeah, or they're going to ask you the right questions for you to think about things differently. Because sometimes we only can see something one way until somebody's like, well, why would you do that? Why wouldn't you do it? Wouldn't it be easy to do it this way? And then you you're like, oh snah, that's a completely different perspective. And for me, I think that's what therapy will be is a completely different perspective. Also, I mean, I don't know how much it costs, so I'm not going to say that I'm in therapy on I'm taking a call. Just know that it's in the works, work in progress, bitch, and we support you well. And then I also just say spend the money. So I should just spend the money. It depends on how much money. It depends on how much the money is spending the night. Thank you? Uh well, Sydney cannot wait to be in Mexican. I cannot wait. We've been through so much friend, and I wouldn't want to do it with anybody else. Also, we had a million trips planned this year and none of them happened. So let's just do this one and see what hip go on. To take the trip. Hey, we're doing the trip and then marry me mm hmmm. Or if someone offered you a million dollars to marry me, would you a million dollars to marry you and I had to split my money with you. They would just offer you a million dollars to marry me on pay let me, let me get down on my knees. Yes, I'd marry you for a million dollars, and I would give you a little bit of a money. I'll give you a little bit. I'll give you a couple bucks. Feels good to hear that out loud. I would buy you a year's supply of sketchs xo xo. Okay, so we did this. This was the episode. You know, we're gonna do some Patreon episodes too, so you guys can get up our next and Max and you know, if you haven't gone on the Patreon yet and supported us, you should because we do have some juicy stuff on there and you can connect the dots and then figure out what gossip you want to know about me because Marine doesn't do that anymore, not anything. So, yeah, this has been fantastic. You know, rate comic subscribe all those good things. Do that for us, Yes, I love this. Yeah, do those things and take care of yourself, spend the money that you want to spend or or don't or spend somebody else's money. But if it makes you happy, do it this week. Do one thing that makes you actually happy this week. And if it's your birthday this month, happy birthday. But also I want everybody to scream and yell and shout from the mountaintops, Happy birthday to a marine. Make sure you put yes. But this episode is four days. That's fine birthday. I want people to still be putting up Happy birthday days after your birthday, because you deserve a friend. I do. I do deserve. I'm on zoole anyway, Thanks guys, Bye Forever Dog.
Speaker 4: This has been a Forever Dog production executive produced by Brett Bauham, Joe Scilio, and Alex Ramsey. For more original podcasts, please visit Foreverdog Podcasts dot com and subscribe to our shows on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Keep up with the latest Forever Dog news by following us on Twitter and Instagram at Forever Dog team, and liking our page on Facebook