Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, presented by Draft Kings Sportsbook, where we aren't too cool to love seeing NFL Daily on your Spotify rap list. Yes, I don't care that it's just like a marketing gimmick.
Speaker 2: Whatever, It's fun. It makes me feel good. We've been doing this show for a while.
Speaker 1: I'm Greg Rosthal in the Chris Wesleyan podcast studio with Steve Weiss and Patrick Claybon, and you know we're getting to the end of the year. I'm a big end of year list type of guys. I love seeing that stuff, and I love hearing from so many of the listeners that made up for some lost time and still got us to number one on their list.
Speaker 3: You gotta love that. You gotta love it. Tell me this real quick, speaking of your rap list. Does your rap list is it like your workout playlist or what? Because mine's like my workout playlist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not listening to a whole lot of music, and my commutes a very short now, so if I'm listening to music, it's because I'm in the gym.
Speaker 1: I play a lot of music when I'm when I'm at home, Like if you're watching a little tape. But you got some music on if I'm in the car, certainly I don't go all podcasts. You got some music, so it's all my music, not really workout music. But sometimes your son, you know, uses your account. And then suddenly Imagine Dragons is like their number three band of the year, and you're like, yes, come on, bro, yeah it's better. It's not better than the kids' music. Yeah, it's just it's killing Come on, Imagine Dragons, like just killing it with eight to nine year old boys this year after year. We're here for the Week fourteen preview. Very excited about this one. It's our last week Patrick with buys, so six byes this week. Your your Ravens are finally off. My Patriots are finally left. So it's a little bit of a lighter schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The fantasy community bemoaning the fact that a lot of people are dying to get in the playoffs and they're gonna have to do it manage in waiver Meyer's folks, starting Will Levis just just gotta try to make it into the postseason in fake football. So let's go from smallest to the biggest spread. We will start with a huge game speaking to make it to the playoffs in the NFC West.
Speaker 4: It's the rematch from.
Speaker 5: A couple of weeks ago, the Seattle Seahawks at the Arizona Cardinals two and a half point favorites. We saw the Seahawks play poorly early greg and then come back and win. Just the only airs the Seahawks team to make were catastrophic errors against the Jets. They managed to win because they played the Jets. The Arizona Cardinals played a much better team wilted late against the Vikings.
Speaker 4: How do you see this one going?
Speaker 1: I lean towards the Cardinals because when you play two games in three weeks again and they're both good teams, it's really hard to sweep a team. If Jonathan Gannon loses this matchup to the Mike McDonald like that to me is almost like an early show of dominance, Like this is a guy I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Be playing twice a year in theory for a while.
Speaker 1: To come out swinging, and you take out the other defensive minded head coach twice in three weeks. It's the biggest game of the week in terms of the playoffs. If the Seahawks win, And this is according to FTN in Aaron shots. If the Seahawks win, they have a sixty two percent chance to make the playoffs. If they lose the game, they have an eleven percent show And the spread is similar for the Cardinals. If you win, their seventy one percent seventeen if they lose. And what the math is saying there is, obviously, if the Seahawks sweep the Cardinals, that's a huge advantage and probably there's only one team getting out of this division more likely than not.
Speaker 2: But if the.
Speaker 1: Cardinals win, they have an easier schedule a little bit down the stretch, and I think the numbers underlying kind of show maybe they're a slightly better team than the Seahawks. Will have to see who's playing their best at the end of the season, because both their defenses are playing right now.
Speaker 3: Well right now, yeah, I mean, and you brought this up yesterday on the show, Greg, Seattle's playing well at the end of ball game, you know, and Arizona's been yeah, you can go when it comes that. We saw that last week against the Vikings. So the two and a half numbers seems about right. I think this is going to be a very competitive game. We'll see if your guy Gino Ripcord, Gino, okay, balls out a little bit, you know, but.
Speaker 1: What happens on quarterback island stays on quarterback island.
Speaker 4: We're good, We're good. You know.
Speaker 1: That's it's a it's a lot of pressure for Gino, right, Kyler got booted off.
Speaker 3: I got booted, so he might be he might be a little angry. But I like the Arizona Cars.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: And as far as the narrow margin of when you play these games and sweeping it, that is a difficult thing.
Speaker 5: I said it a couple of weeks ago when I initially picked the Seahawks to win at home, that we would come to this game at this point and I would take the home team Arizona Cardinals to win the next one. I think these two teams are very very similar in terms of their their overall potential to make a push here late, and a lot of it is based on the defensive improvement we've seen from Seattle and over on the other side. Greg inspired me to delve more in and to share my knowledge of the search of the Arizona Cardinals. It's my affectionate nickname for guys that make plays I'm like, who is that?
Speaker 4: So today we.
Speaker 5: Meet Garrett Alexander Williams, a defensive back his second season out of Syracuse.
Speaker 2: He's pretty good as a rick y Yeah.
Speaker 5: Leads the team in interceptions. If teams are in three wide receiver sets, he's more than likely on the field. He is Garrett is my name three at on Twitter dot com. The three replaces the E and name. Okay, I watched a lot of his snaps. He's a really good football player. I'm glad I know his name now. I hope more people appreciate him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he could be, you know, matching up at some point against JSN, Jackson Smith and Jigba. Who's balling getting up there when you look just like total yards over the last half season, he's moving up. You hope DK Metcalf is healthy. It's a tough matchup. Since week nine, the Seahawks are third in the league and EPA per play in terms of their defense, seventh in success rate. So they have really turned things around. And what they did in that first matchup against Arizona was find a way to really slow down that Cardinals running game, force them into long yarded situations and blitz Kyler Murray and the Vikings. I don't know if it was from them watching that tape last week or not, or you don't have to ask them to blitz, but the offensive line and Kyler combined to struggle to identify where the free rushers were coming from. So even though they moved the ball quite well in that game, when the Vikings blitzed, it was a big problem. That's actually been a problem for Kyler all season long. His numbers against the blitz blitz have not been great. So that's something to watch.
Speaker 3: And you know, these other Vikings very run, very lane discipline blitzing. They weren't necessarily trying to get up field to protect them. Let's get his eye let's get in his passing lanes, get his eyesight. Let's be creative. That's something that we could see real quick. Kudos to you for saying that McDonald's could go Kyle Shanahan over Sean McVay if he goes yea, he sweeps John gannon right here. Yeah, getting a little bit of that. Hey, I got your number.
Speaker 1: Well, they brought McDonald's here to be kind of the sham the hand tree killer, and yeah, I know he lost that game to the Rams, but I thought he played that. They played well defensively in that game and then they finally got to win over the forty nine ers. It's I think it's there is something to that with guys that are going to be around and playing each other for a while.
Speaker 2: I think so, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Just it's harder to sell because there's the the friends on the same coaching staff. Of course, the picture of the two thousand and six Reds excuse Meshlaw Club football franchise almost had to put one in the slurgear there where everybody's on the same coaching staff. But yeah, despite that, they could still have this rivalry in the division where both teams both teams five and three and there and there in their last excuse me, three and two in their last five game, and.
Speaker 1: It is such a big game for the Cardinals because they will they suddenly what would have been such a promising season at six and seven and you're looking up at the Seas eight and five. Suddenly they are just not feeling great about themselves. And one big advantage they do give the Sea if it is close. And I was talking about the end of game sequences, I think Mike McDonald's really been excellent in those situations. If you watch the end of the halfs, it helps to have a veteran quarterback like Gino Smith. Certainly, if you watch the end of the halfs, in the end of the games, clock management, when to use challenges, when to use timeouts, they the numbers should show that they're one of the best teams in the league, and just watching it, they're very on it. And like we tend to only notice the coaches that are bad at it, but they are very good at it. And he's a rookie head coach. I give him some credit. We're on the flip side. Greg Olsen was killing Jonathan Gannon last week for kicking that field goal to go up six with about three minutes to go instead of going for it on fourth and three. They end up losing by one. So maybe if it is close at the end, you trust the Seahawks a little more.
Speaker 4: Great point.
Speaker 5: Still looking forward to a great matchup. It's going to be huge in terms of playoff implications.
Speaker 1: And it's four oh five, by the way, like this is that's the best game in the afternoon. It's the four oh five. Sorry, sorry for interrupting.
Speaker 4: No me.
Speaker 5: It's it's worth noting time is these next two teams are not making a push.
Speaker 4: For the playoff.
Speaker 6: I thought you were gonna sell it, Patrick, Okay, all right, Steve in Nashville, Tennessee, Will Levis and the Tennessee Titans three and a half point favorites over Mac Jones and the Jacksonville Jaguars, the over under thirty nine and a half Andrew Cavlong, Jason mccordy, Tiki Barber and A J.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 5: It's only thirty nine and a half points that the experts believe, Steve, but every single one of those points will be valuable because this quarterback matchup. It's still right, we're not necessarily evaluating Mac Jones, evaluating Will Levis, who didn't have a turnover against to watch the Commanders like that week, but the offense did really have a lot to speak of. By the way, I'm buying your igloo in Alaska. Wait to sell it, well done.
Speaker 3: The thirty nine and a half almost looks high to me because Jacksonville couldn't score. Whichevor Lawrence is playing and then Mac Jones they really can't score. This is one I you know, Tennessee force in an ear. I am borceate, but I'm just kind of like tennis.
Speaker 1: Why you make the big bucks. It's not the primetime games. It's like the ten am game where no one's in the crowd. You got to still put up those shots, right, But.
Speaker 3: I mean this is one where you say yourself, Okay, what team is building for?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: This is like, all right, these guys are kind of playing at the string right here. But Will Levis, you talked about no giveaways last week. This is a defense where he should feast because Jacksonville has not figured out at any level except for those guys on the edges.
Speaker 4: Those are very good players.
Speaker 3: So I would think that Tennessee and they're probably gonna get a defensive defensive takeaway on the side too. I like Tennessee. I like the three and a half. I think they win by a much bigger march.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting for more of these games, and on the previous show, I think we're at the point of the season we could be a little quicker on these types.
Speaker 2: Again, there actually haven't been as many.
Speaker 1: I expected a ton of them because there's so many teams with bad records. There haven't been many the last couple of weeks where truly both teams this season is done. One thing that Titans can look to is their rookie draft class where they they've had some players show up and that's important for a young general manager and Ran Carthon, a first time head coach. You know, Sweat has played well defensive tackle JC Lathan like, I don't think he's in All Pro right now. But if you can just play as a rookie tackle and start at every game and be solid enough, that's a big win because you're only going to get better at that position. They have a young cornerback Brownly, who's played pretty well for them, So some of the younger guys the thing they need to work on. And I've been meaning to mention this for a few weeks. Now now's the time. Oh not much to talk about this. The Titans special teams are one of the worst units in the history of football. According to the old guys at Football Outsiders, they're like one of the worst special teams they've ever recorded. The gap in terms of their measurement between them and the thirty first team in the league in special teams is as big as the gap between thirty one and twelve, like they are so worlds beyond the worst kickoff return unit, the worst punt return unit. They can't cover anything. Everything they do is terrible. And ever since someone put this in my ear about a month ago, I do keep an eye on it with Titans, and you'll watch it and you'll be like, oh, yeah, there's another sixty yard return they give. Oh yeah, there's another forty yards like they are so bad. If you wonder why the Titans are this bad, it's not just Will Levis.
Speaker 2: It's not just you know, the offense. That is one of the reasons.
Speaker 3: And real quick in kicking game situations when they're blowing stuff like that, especially on coverage teams, that's back end roster turning.
Speaker 4: Yea, that's just not having it.
Speaker 2: In coaching. You gotta you've gotta play coach.
Speaker 3: Coaching is part of that. But again, the really good teams they don't have that. The the dud players on their forty through fifty three, they've got guys who can actually if they got even step in and play offensive for defensive snaps, can play.
Speaker 4: We'll see how they adjust.
Speaker 5: They adjusted earlier in the season as Nick Westbrook Cacine started out with no targets in his first four weeks, and since then he's got out to score six touchdown and do nothing but put points on the board. Taking US two Sunday Night Football, it is the Los Angeles Chargers going on the road to the Chiefs, who are four point favoritesly over under forty two and a half. Mike Trico, Chris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark on the call, Greg, we have seen this Chargers team play pretty well up front. They go up to the Atlanta Falcons, who now have thirty three percent of their sacks against this Chargers front in Justin Herbert, how do they deal with the Chiefs pass rush, which has also had a bad stretch here recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting because they're both winning games obviously, the Chargers and the Chiefs, and yet they both have real big concerns. I think what's happened in the last couple of weeks with the Chargers offense has to make you worried if you're Jim Harbaugh that it's now down to like Maconkey or bust yep. And he's a smaller guy who's playing like a number one. He literally leads all he's their guide receivers in yards now black Bowers has more, but he's a tight end. But he's got more than neighbored more than he He's fantastic, but he seems to be getting banged up. I'm not sure what it is, whether it's his knee or his shoulder, like every game where he's kind of hobbling out. So they're asking him to do a lot and if he's not open, they don't have anything. And then the last couple of weeks they have not protected Herbert well at all. A lot of it's on the interior with Bozeman and Zion Johnson, a first round pick from a couple of years ago that really isn't working out. And so you think about the blitz is that Kansas City likes to send, and you think about Chris Jones, you know, picking out a guy he can be on the inside, and man, that was a sobering game for I know the Chargers won it, but to not break two hundred yards against the Atlanta Falcons, that is red fire alarms worry for the Chargers off.
Speaker 4: I totally agree.
Speaker 3: And look, you know the four points for Kansas City might seem too much, is because they don't beat anybody by four points, it's usually.
Speaker 4: Not to the end.
Speaker 3: But here's where I think other than left tackle, I mean, that is a really tough situation for Kansas City right now past pro That's why I think Andy Reid last year when he was having all those issues at the tackle spot with penalties and things like that, what does you do?
Speaker 4: He runs the ball, they get Pa check go back.
Speaker 3: I think this is a situation now we're offensively for Kansas City. We're gonna start to see them road grade. They're gonna say we're gonna protect our left tackle, We're gonna try to run the football. Yeah, they're tough on the edges with the Chargers. They've got some guys up front. This is where I think they really start playing cold weather football and doing this.
Speaker 4: I like Kansas City in this game. I just I think as well as their point.
Speaker 1: You feel like we're hearing that every week though, that's like, okay, this is the week.
Speaker 3: And I think now they're getting Pa checko back changes some things with their offense.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 5: Winning the forfeiture game against the Falcons in Atlanta, it's not moving me at this point enough to feel like well because I.
Speaker 4: Agree Kirk co changes the fourfiture. Yeah, well it was last week.
Speaker 5: Kirk cousinks, go go out there and we'll talk about that Viking game a little bit and be great.
Speaker 4: Last week it was not. It was decide.
Speaker 5: The Chargers kind of got a little bit of a gift there, and this recent run on the Chiefs defense has shown a lot of vulnerability that I don't think you necessarily just have spags go on the chalkboard and fix those.
Speaker 4: Those are going to last for the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: I just especially as you mentioned Greg, if not Lad McConkey, then what like, where's the offense production come from?
Speaker 4: Because no JK.
Speaker 5: Dobbins, well, Gus Edwards hasn't really shown in his replacement. Kamani Vidal hasn't gotten the opportunities that I think maybe he should. I can't feel confident about really about either of these teams, but definitely not the Chargers on the road in game.
Speaker 1: I think the Chargers defense has shown more than the sum of their parts. They're really well coached, and I think, just being such a justin Herbert fan as I am over the years, it's not a great formula, but the formula has to be our guy justin Herbert is so good, he's actually got to even be better than your guy Patrick Momes like, and that's an almost impossible formula.
Speaker 2: You just have to play at an other worldly level.
Speaker 1: Now, the advantage Herbert has, like I mentioned, is that Chargers defense is really sound. And you know, you gave up some yards to the Falcons, but they forced turnovers. This this rookie cornerback tar he's still got Defensive Player of the Week. He's great. You got Marcus May coming off. What's it's he on the Saints or the Dolphins. I'm not even sure. A couple of weeks ago, I think, yeah, okay, yeah, he was on the Dolphins. And now he jumps in there. You got Tony Jefferson, who was out of football for a minute coaching for suddenly Derwin James is now kind of roaming around near the line of scrimmage where he's so good again, almost playing like a linebacker type role. And if you can get anything like Joey Bosas, let's show up here. Maybe he's playing through something, but he hasn't done anything. Maybe their defense can just keep them in this in an ugly game. And and then Herbert does something magical at the end. Then that this number, I don't even know what it is, but it's too high for you. I just like the defenses. I do like I know the Chiefs defense, as he pointed out Patrick has not been playing well, but I kind of like the defense.
Speaker 4: And familiar and a familiar opponent. You know.
Speaker 2: It was a game, by the way, the first time it was a year it.
Speaker 4: Was, it was every time they played each other.
Speaker 2: It's cool. It was really early.
Speaker 1: That was a game the Chargers actually didn't have either of their tackles, so they were in a tough spot and they held the Chiefs offense down like a lot of defenses have done this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the tackle is a factor on play action.
Speaker 5: In that first matchup this season, Justin Herbert was eight of ten, including a touchdown. No play action in that game, he was eight of seventy eight of seventeen for seventy nine yards. You got to run the ball to have play action. They just aren't doing it. So look still looking forward to that one. A big one on Tony Night football in the division. Let's go to the NFC side, the Chicago Bears at.
Speaker 4: The San Francisco forty nine Ers, who were four point favorites.
Speaker 5: Gotta feel like that would have been a larger margin a few weeks ago over under his forty four Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Megan o'livy on the call. As we get to this game, Steve, where the Bears have a chance to get the coach firing bump? Is that to beat Cal Shanahan's injured squad.
Speaker 1: And doesn't count when you already fired an offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I'm actually stunned that the Niners are four point favorite here at home. I mean, are the Bears just that bad?
Speaker 3: Because the Niners, I know they're not good, but the nine of the whole Trent Williams situation, injury, that the terrible tragedy at home. No Christian McCaffrey, no Jordan Mason. I mean, they are rolling guys out here, even on defense, where I think this is the chance for Caleb and some of those guys on the offense can eat the Niners. Defense just got absolutely truck steamrolled and ran over.
Speaker 4: And I don't see why.
Speaker 3: The Bears and Thomas Brown, who's very familiar with the Niners, remember he coached with the Rams for a long time. This to me has got upset alert all over it. I think the Bears offense is gonna come out of this. I just I just almost feel bad for the Niners, right wow. I just don't think they've got the personnel, and I think their spirit is actually a little crushed.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, and it might be because I'm influenced by you, Steve. I look at you, you know, as a as a mentor. Here someone to model a career after. Steve Weiss, And you said something that stuck with me on the Quarterback Island episode of Just like, I don't know if they're the forty nine ers are gonna compete the rest of the year, like if they're gonna be close in games? So, I mean, what is informing you? Just being totally I agree, it's it's heading down a hill fast. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears won this game because the vibes. But you seem very strong that it's well.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, it's a proud club.
Speaker 3: They're gonna compete, Kyle's gonna coach those guys can go out there and compete.
Speaker 4: They just have nothing.
Speaker 3: And when you just have this much negativity constantly, all right, and let's as horrible do this. Let's not forget what happened to like Serveri's Ward and Trent Williams, their personal situations. Those things will ran also will devastate the character of a team. I mean, it's just like, can it get any worse? And yeah, it keeps getting worse. For these guys.
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 3: They've played and performed and functioned at such a high level that all these blows might be like, you know what, we just have to exhale right now, and.
Speaker 5: The circumstances going the wrong way. Kyle Yucheck had that fumble in the snow. I remember the way the game started. I was looking at the forty nine ers energy because it happenings as we were taping our Sunday pod. And then they the offense comes out and there's no seventy one, and I remember just how much Trent means to this football team. The on all stats for Brock Purty with him without Trent Williams, there's a stark difference there. And then the defense hasn't been as good as it's been all season long, so they need the points. They're only scoring twenty two points a game right now for the season, Greg, And so it's like we look at there, we see brock Purty, we see the Niners uniforms, but this is not the Niners team that we know.
Speaker 1: Losing Trent is even bigger, I think this year than other years, because I think the rest of the offensive line hasn't been great. So then if you're adding suddenly a big trouble spot at the most important position where it was your one big strength. They have a young guard Poony, their rookie who they like, but the other spots it's been a little leaky that then suddenly you're right, maybe the whole deck of cards just collapse. They actually have an eight percent chance to make the playoffs according to Next Gen Stats, which was a higher percentage than I expected, because that's going off the numbers, based off the whole season. It's going off the division, and it's going off the reality is if they win this game, and let's say the Cardinals, who are favored, win that game, they're one game back in the NFC West, as doom and gloom as it is, and I agree it's doom and gloom. I'm not pushing backward. I think I'm going to pick the Bears. They actually are alive, Like the reality is there. They do have a chance, But there is something about this team. When I saw that face of rage that Kyle Shanahan had a couple weeks ago. I don't know if you remember, if you watch the Fox broadcast, you were probably out of game Steve, but he was so mad when they had twelve men on the field that I've never seen another human more angry than Kyle Shannon was in that movie.
Speaker 2: And I just felt like, oh man, it's like too much.
Speaker 1: There's too much bad vibes there, and now that it's amazing the Bears are the team with the better vibes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe vibes on the way up.
Speaker 5: Since we eleven, DJ Moore has the second most receiving yards over expected. They've been throwing the ball close to the line of scrimmage around getting the ball out of Caleb's hands quick, keeping them from taking some of those secks, which I think is going to be important in this game. Nick Bosa's you know, it's a down year for both boss, but he's generated most of the pressures this season. So get the ball out of Caleb's hands and just enjoy the vibes of of you know, maybe a negative vibes.
Speaker 1: Coach no longer be speaking of turning points. They haven't done too well since you wore that hat. I'm just saying, you know, Bosa, Yeah, maybe that's what turned the season around. I do think the fire coach principle is a real thing. I do think yeah, because it gets fired for a reason.
Speaker 2: Can I get him bumped? And they gotta feel.
Speaker 4: Good read about all that locker.
Speaker 2: Room stuff like and if they do lose before we take it right.
Speaker 1: I just want to say this because I haven't seen this pop up on Twitter and among forty nine ers fans, You guys are insane. The ones that want Shanahan. God like, it's a real thing out there that they're like, is it time for Kyle Shannon?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: That's dumb. Those those folks are Seahawks fans in a mask.
Speaker 2: Are we are you guys? It's serious?
Speaker 3: So Greg, it's the same folks you want Mike Tomlin get fired. It's we're in this. We're in this stare and I need a different crew. But I hate with the media. Are you are you gonna play? Are you gonna are you gonna bench Aaron Rodgers this week and play who like we want to We're constantly like we want to replace guys, we want to fire guys, Like what's the other?
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, look look Kyle Shannon hit the streets.
Speaker 1: Trade it you get You could trade them whipping your ass, you could, you could trade them.
Speaker 2: Someone would absolutely Chicago, Chicago would like that. Love.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's one club that I ain't doing that expense.
Speaker 2: That is it for us, the start the show. We're just getting going.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to Week fourteen, and yes, a Bills Rams rematch of what was the opener just a few years ago.
Speaker 2: A lot has changed them back on NFL Daily.
Speaker 1: You spent that break just wondering what opener am I talking about? I remember it well because I was there twenty twenty two. The Bills came in and they put it on the Rams in such a way that you wondered, what.
Speaker 2: Is this Rams season going to be like? And it was that it wasn't good. It wasn't good. So a little chance for revenge for Sean McVay.
Speaker 5: It is, and that revenge is why it's the Game of the Week presented by DraftKings Sportsbook. The Buffalo Bills four and a half point favorites. Across the street at Sofi Stadium. The over number under is forty nine and a half. You get to hear Kevin Burkhard, Tom Brady and Andrews and Tom Rinaldi on the call, Greg the Bills a buzz saw right now.
Speaker 4: You said the Rams the best bad team in the league. Can the best bad team beat a very good Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to feel bad about keep saying that. I'm gonna stop saying, Okay, it's my daughter's team. When I watch them, they're entertaining to watch. Still a lot of good players on that team. They're six and sixteen, that's what they are, and six and six teams probably can't be a Bills team right now the way they are playing, unless there's a little bit of a letdown factor. They just won the division last week in the snowy conditions. That was that was a high. You're trying, you're flying across the country. It's a NFC game against a team that really needs it. It's it's not crazy. It's not a crazy scenario. Speak to it.
Speaker 5: What Okay, I'll jump in the spoiler I'm taking the Rams well this one, Greg, and I'll lay out the narrative that I have constructed to fulfill this outcome, because I think it's I think it's important where this Bill's defense, I feel can be vulnerable to true ones, and they haven't really had a chance to play a true one, albeit Tyreek Hill having a down season in Miami a few weeks ago, the Dolphins score points and there Untila spread the ball around pretty well. You go back, you have to go all the back way back to that Nico Collins game where Nico actually hurt his hamstring running into the end zone away from this Bill's secondary and now with Pooka fully healthy Greg and the opportunity with with DeMarcus Robinson playing while he got back in the end zone of course, Cooper Cup there, Kyroen and Blake Korum going off. I like this Rams puncher's chance, and I feel like with with with that, that punch that they can throw being better than punches the Bills have received here in the past few weeks.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm gonna back into this a little bit because the Bills do team step for a lockdown seventh straight win six of them scoring thirty plus points. I just don't think it happens here. And here's why the Rams starts slow offensively. If all of a sudden they're down to nothing or fourteen enough, and the Kyroen Williams factor, the run game factor changes, and the way that those guys are getting after the quarterback with Russo and Epanessa and some of these guys getting after the quarterback. Your favorite player, Matt Milano is back. He's back in the lineup. I just don't know if the Rams can do it now. If it's toe to toe for a while, okay, then the Rams have that puncher's chance. But if they fall behind quickly and they get one dimensional quickly, which we know that Sean McVay does not mind doing throwing the ball over the place, then I think they're in trouble.
Speaker 1: That all makes sense to me. I think the team that can run the ball better could win this game. The Bills have really turned into a great running team with the ace up their sleeve of Josh Allen being able to run in the red zone, which the Rams obviously don't have. The Rams really leaned on the run last week against the Saints. They were domin running the ball. Their success rate was over sixty plus percent, and Jordan Rodrigue talked about how you know, a halftime in that game, the players were like, let's run the damn ball, and they got it done. So if there is a weakness of the their Bills defense, maybe that's it that they could you know, establish it. And it's like a seven possession game. We're at that point for the Rams where they're clearly the inferior team. Less possessions is a good thing when you're going up against a great team like the Bills. And it shook me a little that Jordan was so quick to kick Stafford off underback on. Honestly, I'm a little a little shook. But watching Stafford the last few weeks, I think he's played okay. I think he's actually playing a little better. And he is like these these old tennis grats I've been watching retire lately.
Speaker 2: That's who he reminds me of a little.
Speaker 1: Is like they can't quite get through, you know, an entire tournament sometimes or an entire season, but they'll pop up and they'll play like their very best for one game, you know what I mean, for one match. And I do think Stafford to what you're saying, Patrick is very capable of that for one night that he is just the best Stafford.
Speaker 2: You've convinced me into it.
Speaker 4: I'm not backing you're calling him Washington Wizard MJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: Saying he's Olympic Snovak Djokovic who's wearing the gold medal and beats the young best player.
Speaker 2: In the world in that moment, for one day, you can be better. That's it.
Speaker 4: Made an All Star team one year with a Wich.
Speaker 2: Okay, he wasn't like, yeah, he was better than people. Remember though, I give you, I give you credit.
Speaker 5: For motivation, motivation for Matthew Stafford based on Greg's comments about him being absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, like when Serena was still making those Grand Slam finals and she beat the number one player in the world or whatever. But you know, maybe you can't keep it going weak at the week which is the season. You know you can do it for one game that that's the thing that happened. I do want to mention in this game. Micah Hyde is a member of the Buffalo Bills organization. Again, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a really he's on the practice squad. We don't know if he'll play in the game. I think this is in part like Micah has had to fight through some physical things, which is why he has not been on a field yet this season, which is why he really didn't draw the free agent interest that we thought. But it goes to show you how much he means to this franchise that they did connect even if he's a practice squad guy and like almost into Tony Jefferson type of role with the Chargers where he's kind of a coach on the field to help these guys.
Speaker 2: You figure he'll kind of warm up.
Speaker 1: It's tough to ask him to come off the streets and just play right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, I mean, and that's what I'm saying. You look at the point of the season, he'll be there in case if needed. He's a great Remember he was a great punt returner at one point as well too.
Speaker 4: He can really run.
Speaker 3: I mean, they got Brandon Codrington, who's a heck of a return guy. But I just think it's fantastic. It's a class move on both sides to connect like this. I'm sure he's got all the medical you know, clearing that he needed to have and he's good to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got to get a Marii Cooper a little more involved. His staff count did go up a lot last week actually in terms of like when they had their start, Like, so they need to start. Yeah, this is a good matchup for them to use him as a as a true number one on their side. And then I did notice this quote that one of the Bills offensive linemen had after last week's game where he said we beat the breaks off the forty nine ers and that that's the type of team, that's the type of confidence. It was Alec Anderson, who they bring in as kind of an extra lineman. They just kept running the same play over and over and they are becoming one of those offensive lines. To me, they have that sort of confidence as a group where that's their identity and that that could that could mean a long day.
Speaker 2: For these these Rams linebackers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a great matchup.
Speaker 1: It's uh so are you taking them to win straight up on game debut? I'm putting it, but okay, yea real quick say. He puts his name behind that, we have records and everything.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think it's genuine as they come, not not afraid to lose, as evident about my record or game real quick.
Speaker 3: Since you mentioned the Rams linebackers, Yeah, one day, they're really going to have to invest in that part of their defense. It's something that they have shown under Sean McVay that when they're bringing Bobby Wagner, otherwise churn him and get him out. Look what Arne Shones is doing up and chan, how he's changed that defense. That's someone who they kicked to the curb in preseason strong point. Yeah, they can find them for the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: All right, that was our game of the week. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now use the code daily. New customers can bet just five bucks yet two hundred dollars in bonus bets only at DraftKings Sportsbook with Code Daily. The crown is yours.
Speaker 7: To our next game, the New Orleans Saints four and a half point favorites at the New York Giants in MetLife over under his forty one Kevin Coogler, Daryl Johnson, Laura Oakman on the call, Steve, we have seen the rizzy edition of the Saints.
Speaker 4: Yea inspired that inspiration can't lead to a loss to this, this hapless Giants franchise can Yeah, no, the Giants are gonna win this game.
Speaker 3: Oh what, here's the overarching theme, just because it's the Giants and the way things are going.
Speaker 4: This is where they set the tone to lose out of the number one pick.
Speaker 3: Right now, they're sitting in that slot right them and the Raiders both have two wins. The Giants sitting in that slot. And this is where the Dome Saints go up there. The weather's not supposed to be too bad, but without Taysom Hill, right, without some of the things to make this offense function like it normally does. This is where the Giants defense buoize Drew Locke and he comes in if they pull the upset, I'm giving you drama. I wish your song was playing the viola right here. I'm giving you the drama. This is one that the New York Giants win and end up not getting the first overall pick in the draft.
Speaker 4: That ti let.
Speaker 3: They're gonna click off like three wins to end the season and pick like seventh.
Speaker 2: That would be a lot like last year.
Speaker 1: They had a three game winning streak around this time of the season.
Speaker 2: DeVito was involved.
Speaker 1: I believe with that one of them was over the Patriots and they ended up not getting Drake Maybase because of it.
Speaker 2: Or Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 4: Well, they could have had him.
Speaker 3: They could have had him, could have had Saquan, could have but they just you know, we saw it was on full display and hard knocks.
Speaker 1: What that they Yeah, they could, I don't know. They would have to give up a lot to trade up.
Speaker 4: Tends to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair. They didn't want they didn't want it bad enough. Well, I guess we're not choosing them as a survivor pick. Patrick had thrown that out there, the possibility they're losing that. I wouldn't like them as a survivor pick anyways, just because the Saints I expect them to win. No dexter lawrence for the Giants. I mean, they just keep losing their very best players. There's a little buzz, or at least speculation that it depending on how Derek Carr closes out this season that could impact what his status is for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: If they win some games.
Speaker 1: The Saints are not above being like, Okay, let's let's all run it back. So you gotta win games like this. If you're Derek Carr, I do want to just mention and then we can move on. Alvin Kamara shout out to him big time. IP at thousand rushing yards for the first time in his career, which is crazy that that's never happened before. But he's fifth right now in the in the NFL and yards from scrimmage. So you look who's ahead of him. You look who's ahead of him, It's Saquon Henry, Jamir Gibbs. It might be Josh Jacobs's fourth and he's getting it done week after week. That that dude is a star. I'll always believe if he doesn't wind up making the Hall of Fame, that they're coaching malfeasance over the last three or four years is what cost him because he was a good player that whole time. So he's having a great year. I hope they keep keep leaning.
Speaker 4: On Taysom Hill getting too many touches.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, take it take it away from Kamara, man, I mean those yards he would have decidedly, it's not conjectur on my part, he would have the record for most touchdowns scored in a single game if.
Speaker 4: Not for a rend Jason Hill carry one yard line. Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: Greg, shout out to one of the best of this generation in number forty one. The over under for this game also forty one, So Synergy a big game coming up for AK.
Speaker 4: Let's get speaking.
Speaker 5: Of the NFC South, the Atlanta Falcons, who somehow lost to the Chargers last week on the road. It is a Kirk Cousins revenge game against the Minnesota Vikings, who are favored by five enough half coming off of their fourth and six come back against the Arizona Cardinals. Greg, how do you see it going over under forty five and a half? G Reg on the call with Joe Davis and Pam.
Speaker 2: Oliver, I don't think it's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Well, that number is highly disrespectful to the Falcons and evidence. Okay that no, no, no, I take the Viking. I just mean people have been watching the Falcons. Imagine what that line would have been four weeks ago. It would have been totally different. But this team is in a free fall. I somehow, while writing out notes for this game, forgot that it's the Kirk Cousins revenge game.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm just all about ball and that.
Speaker 4: Actually That's a great example that.
Speaker 2: Forget the narratives.
Speaker 1: It's actually sad to think about because I had the thought, could this be Kirk Cousins's last NFL start? WHOA, And it would be crazy if it's in Minnesota, If Brian Flores, who to me is not a defensive coordinator, I would want to see if I'm Kirk Cousins right now ends up just putting it to him because he's got ten turnovers no touchdowns the last three games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Know you're talking about overall turnovers and fumbles. You know, people are interceptions, he's putting the ball on the ground. Look, Patrick, you've talked about it all season.
Speaker 4: We've seen it. He can't move right.
Speaker 3: The fact that he just cannot move Their offense has been all over I don't think he's gonna go out there and play as poorly as he did against the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he seem like the type of guy that maybe this situation it would be a lot for anyone.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's got to be challenging for him emotionally.
Speaker 3: In all that, it's going to be emostly challenging. It's tough, and the thing is now he's losing them games. Right, there's always a thing like you can overcome this. He's costing them ballgames. And this is whereas Adam and is Raheem Morris has been that Michael Penick is gonna be their quarterback for the future.
Speaker 4: Does that future start next week?
Speaker 3: If they lose this ballgame and Cousins comes out and loses another game the way he has the past couple game. Because their offense hasn't function They're like, we're gonna put eight guys in the box. We're gonna make Kirk Cousins beat us. I mean, it's not creative what teams are doing against Atlanta right now. In Atlanta has got a lot of offensive talent, and so for them not to be putting points on the board and Kirk co Chains, who I think is gonna play better this game. But they've just got to get some points on the board early to start feeling good.
Speaker 5: Otherwise this could get sideways. Yeah, it would be very difficult for him to play worse than he did. I guess the charge and I say that to demean Kirk Cousins because everybody has a stinker, right. I think it's a credit to Kirk Cousins to come back from that injury and play the way that he did in spots right this season. But this is a situation where no matter how mentally strong he is, and it's gonna be an emotional game because I they had a lot of they had great moments between the franchise and Kirk Cousins of Minnesota. It's not that it's gonna be physically. Can he hang in there do the things that he needs to do. I guess the veteran defense they can do so many different things, so many different looks. It's not like you're going to confuse him, but you just get in literal situations on the football field where you need your.
Speaker 4: Body to do something and it's not doing well.
Speaker 1: I think they can confuse him. Why not? I think the Chargers did. I think the Chargers with some of the coverages that they were playing, or having him hold the ball a little extra. He's seen it all, certainly, but everyone gets confused sometimes. Tom Brady gets confused for games at a time during his prime. I watched it, and this Minnesota team is so diverse. Yeah, what they can do. Last week they played they played half their snaps without a down lineman. Now they had like down linemen like guys who play defensive tackle were on the field, but literally like no one's hand was on the ground half the snaps.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just craziness.
Speaker 3: Well, and the way they use a guy like Josh Mna tell Us and you know, Harrison Smith, moving him all over the field and bringing him it'll be interesting. By the way, I like, I'm going to bring back another Michael Jordan reference. You guys are saying Kirk was year two Michael Jordan Washington Wizards when he could only play in spots because he couldn't jump off the floor.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean, what's what's coot right now? Too?
Speaker 1: He's killing them Like he's as big a problem as as Tucker is for the Ravens. Like this could be a close game. The one right spot here is the Falcons came out of there by and Rahee Morris said they were going to be a different team defensively, and they were. So that is something you could take from that game, like if they can be an average to above average defense the rest of the way. And we've seen Raheem Morris go on streaks sometimes and they got Ebakeetty and they got some pass rush out of North.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: If that's a little real, then maybe Kirk writes a totally different story, because how sweet would it be for him to get off this schneid and have one of those crazy Kirk Cousins games.
Speaker 2: There's no way.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I'm taking Now, I'm going to Atlanta plus five and a half.
Speaker 2: At least to cover.
Speaker 1: At least to cover because every Kirk Cousins game is the same. It comes, there's gonna be insanity, and it's gonna be up and down, and it's gonna end up with Kirk having the ball with a chance to win. That's how it goes. So that's probably within five and a half. I don't know how it ends. I'm not one of the scriptwriters here.
Speaker 3: And by the way, speaking of Raheem morris Is defense being better, Kaiden Nellis is the best defensive player in the NFL.
Speaker 4: It does not get talked to him.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, He's a hell of a player inside linebacker who they bring on a lot of pressures. Brother starts for the Broncos. Fathers Luther Ellis one of twelve kids. Kate Nellis held a play.
Speaker 2: I never knew they were brothers, which, of course how many too.
Speaker 3: Ellis's seven of them adopted great story, but kay Nellis is a hell of a player.
Speaker 4: That's a whole defense with a sub answer.
Speaker 5: And just one of those things where we got to figure out was that the Chargers line and the injuries for the Chargers or the Falcons getting better going and now going up against.
Speaker 4: Sam Darnold, who's Steve was.
Speaker 5: Early but then late, we get to see the fully realized Sam Donald on a game winning drive, including a fourth and sixth where he got a dot to Justin Jefferson for the first though.
Speaker 3: Remember of the quarterback island Sam Donald, who as has it brought him in my argument.
Speaker 2: He was closed.
Speaker 4: We didn't get him on.
Speaker 1: This is how good Sam Donald has been playing lately. I actually felt guilty post show that he was not on it, and Gino was that's how well he's playing, Like I genuinely feel bad because he's played that well.
Speaker 3: Because he's not only winning games, he's they're asking him to win games, and he's throwing the ball like thirty six thirty seven times a game, a lot of it late, and he's making those throws that he wasn't making when he was not with Minnesota.
Speaker 1: I just want to make one last point on this one, which is they waved goodbye to Kirk Cousins because they had a price they would not go over. Now, Kevin O'Connell wanted him back, and I think they would have had him back if he had accepted a contract they probably knew he wasn't going to take, but that would have been fair if he wanted to stay there. If you think about the way they've built their team without Kirk Cousins, what a difference it makes. And it's one of the big reasons they're ten and two. Not only do you have JJ McCarthy in the future, who unfortunately got hurt and Darnold has worked out as a much cheaper option, but guys like Andrew Van Ginkel and Grenard that you were able to pick up in free agency and Gilmore and spread it around, and it's part of the reason that defense is so good.
Speaker 5: Let's get to a couple of teams now, who's defenses and spots the season have been good. It's the Monday night football matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Dallas Cowboys. Cincinnati favorite by five and a half favorite. Again, the losses keep piling up forty nine and a half.
Speaker 4: The over under.
Speaker 5: Of course, Joe, Troy and Lisa on the call, Steve, as we have seen things go horribly wrong. So a midlife crisis car purchase for Joe Burrow. He goes out and buzz the batmobile.
Speaker 4: Is it gonna need it? Against Micah and the company?
Speaker 3: It's insy because you know, I wash at the game last week when Pittsburgh just scored Will and Greg we talked about it, yesha, with the same play basically with you know, the running back with Nashia Harris going out on the release right up the middle. They do that play ten times, but against teams that losing record. Cincinnati is really good. They're really good. And you know, again, their defense is not they don't want they didn't want to tackle anybody.
Speaker 4: They're covered.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's okay, they're just I don't know what has happened to that defense. There has been some talent trained, but their offense is functioning at such an insanely high level. I like the five and a half for Cincinnati on the road here. I do think even though they lost that game the way they did to Pittsburgh. Those dudes aren't quitting right there. They are playing their heads off offensively. So I think right now this is a showcase game. It's against the Cowboys, and they're gonna go out there and keep ringing up the scoreboard because at number nine, man.
Speaker 4: That is a right. Joe Burrow is as real as it gets.
Speaker 1: Right, and that's why I would expect them to win this game handily. That these two teams is kind of the In the Hunt, like really bull because I noticed the Cowboys were on those In the Hunt graphics still over Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: And I've seen them sneaking on the Bengels.
Speaker 1: That's some respect for Joe Burrow, really, just saying like, we respect you so much, we're gonna keep you in that graphic. Speaking of which, if you're watching this game, they got the Alt cast, oh different graphics, and I just learned maybe this was out there before, but I just learned today that it's gonna be our friend of the show, Mina kimes uh and Dan Orlovsky providing some some analysis as part of the Simpsons casts. I don't think they are, but they do have little Mina Kimes and Orlovsky's that look like Simpsons characters that.
Speaker 2: They that she put out there. Pretty cool. I'm gonna watch that. I'm gonna I'm can mean this.
Speaker 4: Harry gonna look like Marges.
Speaker 1: I think they're trying to make it. I think they're to make it real to life. Both these teams, by the way, I checked on next Gen stats, they both have a three percent chance to make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So I guess in a.
Speaker 1: World where they just turned it around somehow, they still they still do have a shot. Zach Taylor better win this game, by the way, big game, you know, for him, everyone kind of assumes lou Ana Rumo is gone at the end of the year, which all respect to him, he's yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he's help of a coach.
Speaker 1: Guys that are that good, you don't stay a coordinator forever. In many places, it happens he'll get hired somewhere else. I think it's worth thinking about Zach Taylor and and losses like this.
Speaker 2: I know the offense is good.
Speaker 1: If if they had a loss like this on Monday Night football or something, maybe that you would think would maybe get the Browns attention.
Speaker 5: But but that's the thing that that's the if in this I don't think the Cincinnati Bengals lose this game. I kind of saw it as the game went on against the Giants, where Cooper rush within ten yards, especially throwing crossers, that that's the guy you want. But as soon as the play requires something other than that, that's where the wheels kind of start to fall off of Cooper rush. I think lou An Arumo and defense with Hal has a lot of veterans, I think talent wise, maybe we thought a little bit more of the veterans on this Cincinnati Bengals defense coming into the season than the way things. I don't know if some guys are playing through some things or not. But but over on the other side, the town's still there on the offensive side, I hope the front office figures it out.
Speaker 4: They have a unique product that other people don't have.
Speaker 5: H they should use the resources available to them to keep those particular products together.
Speaker 4: Speaking specifically of.
Speaker 5: T Higgins, Jamar Chase, and Joe Burrow, that's a fun thing. It would be better for the NFL and better for those of us who watch the NFL if those guys play together for their careers.
Speaker 4: I know, maybe I'm wish casting.
Speaker 3: There you are, but there's there's a historical precedent with that organization where that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: But I mean, they've broken historical precedent with this group since it's been together.
Speaker 1: So I'm a little bit of wishcasting. Perhaps crazier things have happened. I haven't thought about that that, Like, you never know. Maybe they maybe they will step up to the play. I'd love to see it.
Speaker 5: But unless unless Michael Parsons, this Dallas defense overshown. Maybe yeah, Mao and overshaw scores touchdowns. Good last year's leader in interceptions with the record breaking pick sixes gets in the ends. But I just it would take too much for Dallas to win this.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. But maybe maybe the Cowboys will be inspired. They played better, they have played better, especially on defense, and maybe the rest of the crew will be inspired by Dak Prescott's steadfast support of Mike McCarthy. Where he's been around there so long, Dak Prescott and had so many contracts from them. He could even throw in a little zinger saying maybe they should let you know, Mike have a little more responsibility, Let the coach coach the team. He basically was saying without saying it, which I respect out of Dak sticking up for his guy and saying, maybe that's some of the reason why the coaches there struggle. Let's take a quick break. We're gonna wrap up the rest of the Week fourteen preview. After the break, we still haven't picked our survivor. Yeah, we're still rolling. We're surviving, we're thriving. One of my favorite rivalries Jets Dolphins. And you might say, well, why would that be one of your favorite rivalries.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I grew up with the AFC East and those fan bases. They really hate each other. For some reason, the Dolphins and the Jets fan bases hate each other. I think with a passion actually that the Patriots fans will feel left out of.
Speaker 3: As somebody who covered the Dolphins, I can tell you why, because half of the Jets fan base lives in South Florida and occupies that stadium.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel it. You feel it, even in New York you feel it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the animosity goes.
Speaker 5: And that's why Greg loved this game, in this matchup, because it meant either the Jets or the Dolphins would lose. Yes for his New England Patriots to get a bump in the standings. Yes, the Jets at the Miami Dolphins were six point favorites. Kevin Harland aka Trent Green and Melanie Collins on the call, Steve, we have seen the Miami Dolphins go on a run and then we saw the Packers put a stop to it. They got out physical. To use a trite football term, in the cold weather, do they bounce back against the Jets?
Speaker 3: They are in the warm weather. And I'm gonna put it this bluntly as I have it in my notes. If the Dolphins trick this game off in South Florida, then their intestinal fortitude needs to be highly questioned. There. We spoke again yesterday on the show. Their offense is playing well. Sauce Gardner is he Is he even gonna play in this game?
Speaker 2: We don't know yet, But you don't know yet. I think there's some hope.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's some hope.
Speaker 3: But this is a situation where even if he did play the way that this offense in warm weather, not in Green Bay weather, but even you know, to a playball in that game, they should put up enough points. I mean, look, it's the Jets. They're gonna scrap Aaron Rodgers is not trying to go out like the way things are going. But if Miami's got any type of football pride, I think they go out there and they cover by the six and they play well in this game.
Speaker 1: I like the extra rest too. At this point of the season, they're coming off the Thursday night game. Jeff Ulbricks said it's too early to know if Brees Hall or Sauce Gardner will be active, but neither practice, and he did note that Gardner plays a position where you need a healthy hamstring, especially in this game. In this matchup, you need to help me. So I'm leaning towards he is not playing in this game. That that is a huge loss, and I think it makes the Dolphins a very strong contender to be our survivor pick. Now, we have two games coming up Steelers, Browns, Bucks Raiders, so feel free to to respond there, but we could maybe make our decision after, you know, we go through all three of those games. But I have found our fraud watch on the Jets that Patrick and I have really been propagating on the airwaves since September to be a very pleasurable, mutually beneficial and enjoyable activity. That's everyone I think has benefited from. So that just shows where I'm leaning here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm also leaning in a similar direction to where Steve first planted that seed in our heads weeks and weeks and weeks ago that this Jets team might not be all it's cracked up to be. And yet the Dolphins, they started with the fumble that they donated seven points, They had an opportunity to score, they had a second in goal the one yard line, had some weird play calling that Mike macus has since really you know, looked back in hindsight said that maybe they outthought themselves a little bit there. I think they were. The game was closer than the scoreboard indicated against a good Packers team on the road. And again, as we've covered extensively on the show, that the Jets are on a good football.
Speaker 1: Ta yeah, and too is going to have a response to not make it to QB Island. He has been you know what, that's it fantastic for me survivor pick Okay, let's just let's not even wait.
Speaker 4: Let's go to its.
Speaker 2: We don't need to wait.
Speaker 4: To a snub? Did it? It put me over the top.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they're a little thin. They're a little thin, and some parts of their defense and the Jets are just not the team.
Speaker 2: I think that's going to.
Speaker 5: Expose that quarterbacks completing twenty five percent of their passes when they target Jalen Ramsey. It's he's playing very well, pretty good right now on the defensive side, and I know the defense has gone through a little bit, but it's I'm comfortable here.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm comfortable too.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see them get the running game going, get where he Mostered out of the doghouse.
Speaker 2: But yes, wow, I'm company.
Speaker 4: He's in there. Did he do something? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I just don't think there.
Speaker 1: He did have some fumbles I think earlier in the year, but they're I mean, they're not using him. I don't know if it's a doghouse, but that last week it raised my eyebrows because that's a game where you need a power runner and you're trying to run eight chan up there and you're getting some negga when they came out here, Mike, did Moster just get old all of a sudden, It happens.
Speaker 3: They're treating him that way because even when he was here against the Chargers. It was a Chargers, right, They came out to LA to play the Charger.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Camera, but before the game, you know their their running back coach x Dudyfield was like, you're gonna see this guy and this guy and he didn't mention, So it's.
Speaker 2: Not like it's not a personal dime. They not playing him died.
Speaker 4: They might like the younger guys better. Well.
Speaker 5: An opportunity for several Dolphins to get healthy against this Jet squad who you know, as we covered, might not have a couple of the pieces that were the reason you felt good about this franchise in the future.
Speaker 4: In Breeze Hall and Sauce Guard. Another AFC matchup, a rematch of a snow game. The Cleveland Browns back against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 5: This time it is in Pittsburgh. The Steelers Greg six and a half point favorites. It's the CBS A one. We get Jim Tony and Tracy A.
Speaker 2: Hall.
Speaker 5: An opportunity to see Russell Wilson after he goes off against the Cincinnati Bengals to get some revenge Greg against the team that bsmirched his run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard to imagine the Steelers losing twice against the same opponent in such a short time. First of all, you know Browns fans living right, they're getting, you know, the Thursday night crew, They're getting the Sunday Night crew or Monday night crew. They got Nanton Romo. Here you got Andrew Ciciliano. When you're in the car on the right pickup stuff. I mean, you got the best broadcasting cruise in the business covering the Browns down the stretch. And why not, They're the best show in football with Jamis. It almost got a little loss in the shuffle because of how it ended. Just how many outstanding throws Jameis Winston made in that game, and people like, well, that's the experience. The roller coasters, like the ups and downs, and in the end, I think the idea is that it's ultimately an l Get some stops on defense please too. Like Jim Schwartz hasn't been great, but he is moving an offense that was among the very very worst in the NFL, and since he's taken over, in terms of moving the ball, they're up there. So he deserves a lot of credit for the high level throats he's making in addition to all the off field you know comments at everyone enjoys and everything and wants to poke fun and I do too. I'm just saying, like he's playing football. Well, so let's not have that lost look.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I think he'll be delivered from the Lord from throwing pick sixes.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't think. But here's what.
Speaker 3: He threw the ball fifty eight times that game. Yeah right, He's been throwing the ball forty plus times. Jim Schwartz's defense has been actually playing very good. Craig, it's their run game. Their run game has been nothing. You can't run the football with Chubb and Ford. That's why Jamis is having to throw it. I do think this is a game. I don't like the six and a half number for Pittsburgh. But TJ. Watt's not gonna like the fact that Miles Garrett was barking after the Thursday Oh game, good call? Like you do you remember, I'm like, I'm the edge, I'm that dude. Don't forget that. So TJ's going to be a little worked up. Herbig's gonna be a little worked up. Alex high Smith is going to be back for this game as well. Based on reports about his health status. So I just think Pittsburgh and here's where Pittsburg because I was at the Snowglow game. Where Pittsburgh lost that game to me was the fact that they played justin fields as much as they did. Not that the fact that he played ten percent of their snaps, but when they put him in, Russ was rolling rush was.
Speaker 4: Like ten to ten on third down.
Speaker 3: That all of a sudden they started putting justin fields in in those third and short situations, which is when the justin field package tends to work.
Speaker 4: So they didn't necessarily break trend.
Speaker 3: Just the feel for that game right now, I thought disrupted some things that won't happen again. You only saw him play two snaps against the Bengals, and he did those well at work perfectly.
Speaker 4: I think they dial him back. I like Pittsburgh in this game. Cleveland's playing better. I do not like the six and a half. Yeah, it's Miles Garrett Key here as well.
Speaker 5: Just watching him try to work his shoulder out oh late in that game good point against the Denver Broncos gave me some concerns because it was the shoulder last year when Miles had his fall off and Steelers and Browns fans.
Speaker 4: What if, hypothetically, what if both Miles Garrett and TJ. Watt are good football players? Yeah, like we can, we don't in both of them. I think I think they will both try hard.
Speaker 5: I think I can only think of one instance be motivated in his career where Miles Garrett didn't try as hard as he possibly could.
Speaker 4: Uh much to the credit for Mason Rudolph there that he didn't.
Speaker 5: But there's there's just such a high degree of difficulty for this Browns team, and you see it in so many different areas, especially in the passing attack where Jameis is throwing those picks because these are all contested targets. Yeah right, David Nijoku had an average separation of two point four yards and he got seventeen targets.
Speaker 4: Nobody think he got that much. I mean he was blanketed. No, no, no tight end has had that many targets since Travis Kelce two years ago.
Speaker 2: And he made some tough catches.
Speaker 4: He did, but it's just it's.
Speaker 5: Asking a lot to do that consistently, and now you got to do it against the Steelers defenses. I'm out and see jamis play. Albeit nobody's really seeing things very well in the snow, but it's a tough.
Speaker 4: Ask, it is.
Speaker 1: This is the portion of the show where we tell you a little bit about AFC North hard knocks. This division format might have some legs. It was fun seeing a little Tomlin behind me and didn't see it. But great, And this matchup here George Pickens denz Award doesn't get much better than that. Let's give some credit to Art Smith. Let's get a little more Arthur Smith than the hard knocks. He's making it happen. Everyone will have to pick on Art Smith when he was struggling. We got we got c pat back there, Cordell Patterson and Warren and Najee Harris. Obviously I'm thinking, like they're really working this backfield.
Speaker 2: Maybe they do have enough weapons.
Speaker 1: They don't have wide receivers, but you got Friarmouth, you got the running backs, you got Pickens. Like they got enough on offense to maybe he'll get that one seed. It's not even over.
Speaker 3: Oh, they they've got enough. Real quick do they show the part? Because I was standing by the Steelers locker room post game Sunday. First thing Tom One says, he knows the NFL film Cruiser, Get this s get this ish off.
Speaker 4: He he want to get that mic Ah. But then he says, is Bootsie Collins here?
Speaker 3: Because boots he is from Cincinnati, right, A legend, the legendary James Brown, Parliament Funkadelic, Bootsi's rubber band bass player.
Speaker 4: Where's Bootsy? I want to see Bootsie Collins? I was like, what coach is coming off the field hollering for a Pfunk All Star only Mike.
Speaker 2: D Yeah, that's it. That's the only it did make the show.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I did not watch the entire thing after it, I watched the little part of it.
Speaker 4: It's a lot going on. It's a busy time of the year.
Speaker 2: I am gonna I'm gonna get through it. My son woke up and watched it this morning. He's crazy. He gets up at like five point thirty in the morning and just starts watching something.
Speaker 4: Where do you get that from?
Speaker 2: He said it was good. He said it was good.
Speaker 4: And that's a report that we can trump. Walker Rosenthal knows ball.
Speaker 5: As we get to the Las Vegas Raiders, the self proclaimed worst team in the NFL, giving the best team in the NFL, A run for it's money if not for a misstime snap in the final opportunity at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are six and a half point favorites. The over under is forty six. It's on CBS, Buroudidas, Adam Artielletta and Adid Kinkawala on the call, the Aid and O'Connell revolution.
Speaker 4: Is it real, Steve? Do we get that version of AOC two weeks in a row.
Speaker 3: If he throws the ball to Brock Bauers at every every play because Bauer is just that good. No, I mean, the Raiders are not going to win this ball game. I like Tampa Bay at six and a half. The Raiders are my favorite to have the first overall pick, not the Giants. And then we're gonna see Tom Brady's influence on this organization in the offseason. That's already where I am when it comes to the Raiders, who's you going to hire as coach? If they have the number one pick? Where they're gonna do about the quarterback because that's where they have to go Shadure. That'd be interesting. It's being a little more fun to the Raiders organization. But maybe Tom doesn't like that.
Speaker 1: You just gave me a flash forward. So what we're going to be talking about a lot and NFL Daily.
Speaker 4: That'sh we're going.
Speaker 1: That's where we are there picking. It's gonna be top five and they'll be in They'll be in that mix. They nailed their first pick last year. I think they wanted a quarterback. They didn't have a chance to take one. And Brock Bowers deserves consideration for Offensive Player of the Year, and now.
Speaker 4: You offensive rookie or offensive player rookie.
Speaker 1: Sorry, okay, although he's only fourth in receiving yards, like among everyone, not just among rookies. I saw that and I was like, wait a second, are they filtering it out? It's Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, and then Terry McLaurin only has Bowers by like eight yards or something. This kid is is special and we've been saying he's the best tight end in the league all season. So I'm feeling I'm feeling validated after the numbers he's putting up the last couple of weeks. They have some things I've liked about their team. They're certainly competing our guy Jack Jones, who was on the show. I swear he shows up every week and is playing pretty well in coverage.
Speaker 4: Yeah he does. Yeah, it's a good play in.
Speaker 1: Bucks are like, why are you just Bucks fans are like, why are you talking about the Raiders?
Speaker 2: Where the relevant?
Speaker 5: Because we're gonna be talking about the Raiders. Okay, yeah give them. This is the farewell to the Las Vegas versions. But speaking of the Buccaneers, the incredible run that Mike Evans is on to start his career with a thousand yard seasons, We're sitting at five hundred and twenty one yards right now. The remaining schedule is this game against the Raiders and then the Chargers, the Cowboys, the Panthers, and the Saints. Can Mike Evans get that four hundred some odd yards to go over a k again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, he looked like like Mike Evans always looks. Last week they targeted him a lot. That's not a murderer's row of defenses. It's really just the Chargers that are a plus defense out of that group. So I think he could do it.
Speaker 4: I like the way they run the ball to Bucky Irving. Man, He's that may hurt the cause.
Speaker 1: Because that may hurt the cause right, but well could set him up for some touchdowns, some fantasy points at the very least.
Speaker 2: Bucky Irving was a subject.
Speaker 1: If anyone listening subscribes to NFL Plus, we do NFL daily, almost weekly. Every every couple of weeks we do a little NFL Plus segment. We talked about rising second. You know, units and Bucky Irving right now in that running game is crazy. He he is second in the league in terms of avoiding negative runs, which I give a lot of credit to the offensive line. Then again, White is one of the worst in the league at avoiding negative runs, so it's not all offensive line.
Speaker 2: And then in terms of he's he runs.
Speaker 8: Sideways too much, so that's why thank you Guyshod White, and he and Bucky Irving's second in the league in terms of making people miss misstackles per run, so he gets around guys that are in front of him, and I would expect a lot of that in this game.
Speaker 1: They'd be a strong survivor pick too. Just saying yes, but I do like, I do like our choice the Dolphins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Bucky Irving had those one hundred and forty seven rushing yards against the Carolina Panthers defense who don't see things get a whole lot easier because incomes the NFL's leading rusher and my MVP candidate, say Kwan Barkley. He and Jalen Hurts, an aj Brown and the Philadelphia Eagles twelve point favorites at home against Bryce and these resurgent Panthers over unders forty six Adam, I mean Mark Sanchez and Christina pink on the call.
Speaker 4: Bryce has been making tight window throws. Greg, Well, what's he do when there's no windows against Vic Fangio's squad.
Speaker 1: I think he makes the right decisions. I think he stays aggressive and maybe that ends up with an interception and in this game, because I don't think he's going to go down without a fight, and I'm really curious.
Speaker 2: Makes me want to watch this game.
Speaker 1: That number is big, but this is a much more compelling game to me because of Bryce Young and everything the Eagles are doing than a lot of these other games. I think Bryce Young has evolved from oh that's a nice story. I feel like it was a lot of like Patty on the head, like oh wow, Like it's really cool that he's he's making a career and like this is nice for him too. This is one of the bigger stories in the NIA. He was the number one overall pick in the draft last year, and he is playing at a level where it's not just hey, like he might be in the midst to start next year. It's like, hey, he might be awesome. And now it's it's early, and so I don't want to you don't want to put too much expectations, like you didn't want to bury him too much early. But he is playing at a level like PFF has him since Week nine up there in the top five with with Herber and Joe Burrow and Lamar. That's the level if you haven't been watching him on a on a snap to staff basis.
Speaker 2: And so this isn't a really ultimate tests.
Speaker 1: He played Denver, which was a tough one to go against, but this is another tough defense and so I'm really curious how he'll look against him.
Speaker 3: But but he can have opportunities to make plays because they're likely going to get behind pretty early based on what that Eagles offense is going to do to this defense.
Speaker 4: So this is where he's going to be put to the test.
Speaker 3: But you know, when we talk about players, you know I mentioned Kate Nellis earlier that doesn't get enough conversations. Zach Bond, linebacker for the Eagles, is another one. The vig Fangio, Vig Fangio guysicg Fangio and Zimmer they came up to get They find a player every year that nobody's thinking of and gets them going. Now it hasn't so much happened for Dallas this year, but in Zimmer's history he has done that, you know. And so Zach Bond and what he has brought to this linebacking unit that was such a mess last season. And now Na Kobe Dean is playing in a certain way and all these other guys, Jordan Davis are playing in such a way. This is why I mean, I think we got to say the Eagles if the Lions slip up or whatever and they get home field. The way this defense has grown and played and has these young players playing with their head on fire, that this is a very dangerous Super Bowl contender.
Speaker 1: Jalen Carter doesn't come off the field, which is crazy, and he is on fire.
Speaker 2: The last month he was.
Speaker 1: He started the season playing like a very good football player, but now he's playing at an all pro level. I was racking my mind, and tell me if I'm just forgetting someone. If I had an All Pro vote and I don't and I can't get one that was confirmed to me, Zach Bond is my first team linebacker. Fred Warner would be another one. But I think those are my top two unless I'm missing someone. That's how that's how good he's been. He's Zach Bond's was great. I'm racking my brain. I'm trying to try and who am I missing late season Ernest Jones, No, I mean I've taken bond Man that.
Speaker 2: That dude is getting it done week after week. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Tell me this, if Cooper Dejene had played the whole season, would he be up for d R o Y Because he has made a significant difference.
Speaker 2: I think he is now and he is now. Why not.
Speaker 5: Tough to Quinnon has been special? I mean they've both been special first first.
Speaker 1: And fist and we got it confirmed there. There's gonna be a full ballot now where I believe it's five names or three names that all the voters vote for, So Cooper Dejene probably should be on some of those if we're going top five for sure, and and if you want to put him in the top three that that works.
Speaker 5: He's getting he's getting a boost by in my opinion, the most routine play I've ever seen. I go to I go to next Gen Stats to look this up to get specific numbers. When Derek Henry catches that ball, he's going seven miles an hour backwards with his back to Cooper Degene who's coming at him at eleven miles an hour directly towards him.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's a fun play for people to discuss because he scoops up Derek Henry. Yeah, but let's the kid has been great.
Speaker 1: That plays one of his superpowers I think, and it showed up in some splash plays like when he got Jamar Chase down in the open field and fourth ten is is recognition and working well with his teammates of where to go on certain plays. And he did make a good play on there, Like that's a play that we've seen work for Baltimore where if you get get it to Henry on the check down and he's got a couple of yards of space that he ends up getting that seven yards and the fact that there is no separation is a credit to Cooper Degene even if the tackle was more more routine. That is the kind of positive plays he's made. He's been so good sticking up for my guy and he's not my guy.
Speaker 4: But no criticized.
Speaker 5: I'm just sayings other places where you could say he's been great.
Speaker 3: Right, he's been so good to We have not heard anyone refer to him as sneaky athletic.
Speaker 5: Praise God, he's been back. I'll say a Jameis prayer to get rid of sneak. And I think I think we've we've we've almost done it. I think we've all but eliminated it from the lexico. That would be great, really used it.
Speaker 1: It's a good lesson for kids that bullying works. Now there's bad bullying. You don't want to, you know, but just like in you gotta be smart enough to know what is worth it. If you if you're just making fun of people over and over for using a bad phrase, that's acceptable bullying. I think it's just like verbal it's kind hearted, but you're you're standing up on the right side of history.
Speaker 4: Got someone got someone else for you too. I was just going through.
Speaker 3: But you talk about the inside linebackers linebackers, does Frankie Louvu breaking.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one. They're kind of similar to because you think a lot of Louvu's value has come from blitzing. Now that's not Bonn isn't all the way there, but he's certainly closer to the line of scrimmage. It's crazy how Vix had some of these linebackers over the year. He had at one point was Amad Brooks on the same team as Willison Bowm.
Speaker 4: Guess he was.
Speaker 3: AMoD Brooks was on those early teams. I think when when Vick was there, when they had Justin Smith.
Speaker 1: And some of those guys, because I believe it was fran duffy uh who was at all p h o y who made the comp of Zach Bond to what a mod Brooks used to do in vic vanjoz Offenson.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's pretty good comp.
Speaker 1: He likes to have that extra guy on the line of scrimmage and Bonn isn't quite as big, but he's he's a physical player and he's a hell of a player.
Speaker 2: That's a good one, though. Can you vote for three linebackers? I think he can't. Is it two? Or three.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: We change the rules before we go. Greg, Yeah, I know it's against the Carolina Panthers. Is there anything Jalen Hurts can do in this game to try to make a case to get on the island?
Speaker 1: Man there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hope for Uno.
Speaker 2: I think they might be too good with what they're doing for him to get on it.
Speaker 3: Here was Greg's argument against because it was a very short conversation when I brought it up.
Speaker 4: He's like, he's not the first player you think of when you talk about their offense. Your MVP Patrick Saikwan Barkley is well, I feel bad about it, but that doesn't mean the quarterbacks, right.
Speaker 1: I feel bad about that too, because I think if you look at QB's, if you're doing the QB rankings like Shook does every week, after you get past about five or six, there's about another eight seven eight guys playing at a really high, at high level.
Speaker 2: I think that's Hurts.
Speaker 1: I think last week's game actually was the perfect example of why Hurts isn't on QB island. If you go through the throws he made in that game, he didn't have to do anything.
Speaker 4: He doesn't make money.
Speaker 1: It's not in his fault, but they were all just these little like he didn't have to make any high level throws in that game, and they beat one of the best team in the NFL.
Speaker 3: He's throwing the ball twenty four times a game, and like I said, Sam Donald's storing at thirty eight, so they're asking more.
Speaker 1: Half of them are just smoke routes or the you know, it's a little play action where you just it's first read, throw it right away, and that's I think he's capable of doing more.
Speaker 5: It's a fair point, yes, and that's why he's in positions to make the decision to get the easy throws because he can do more to defend more.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, who would you have over him that that's a conversation.
Speaker 4: Why, yeah, that's not my right day. I do the previous shows.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: People are like, people like, oh, I can't believe you didn't mention Sean McDermott for Coach of the Year whatever. It's like, okay, well, whore you taking off that list? If you're going to say that, you got to take someone off. It's it's not hard. It's courageous work that we do here. It is as a panelists, analysts, whatever you want to call it. Brave harts Man, we are. We will be back on Thursday Night. One of the best Thursday Night games of the entire season. I looked at the list. It is the best primetime leave for the rest of the season. Lions and Packers appreciate you, Steve, appreciate Patrick as always. You can check us out on game debut by the way, too, on under our Network.
Speaker 4: That's fun. There we go.
Speaker 1: It's look when we're bringing Micah Hide back into the mix, like we might as well bring Tyrod Taylor.
Speaker 2: And Kyle Williams. You know, football is back.